时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:09] | Half-caf latte, please. | 半脱咖拿铁 |
[00:10] | Half-caf latte. | 半脱咖拿铁 |
[00:11] | Half-caf latte. | 半脱咖拿铁 |
[00:12] | Half-caf latte. | 半脱咖拿铁 |
[00:13] | I’d rather like this new system. It’s lively. | 我很喜欢这个新方法 很有活力 |
[00:15] | Well, it’s more efficient. What can I get for you? | 工作效率是高了不少 喝点什么 |
[00:16] | I’ll have a double short, low-fat, no-foam latte. | 我要一杯双份浓缩拿铁 低脂 不加奶泡 |
[00:19] | Double short, low-fat, no-foam latte. | 双份浓缩拿铁 低脂 无奶泡 |
[00:21] | Double short, non-fat, low-foam latte. | 双份浓缩拿铁 无脂 低奶泡 |
[00:23] | Double short, non-fat, low-foam latte. | 双份浓缩拿铁 无脂 低奶泡 |
[00:24] | Excuse me, I think there was a problem in the chain of that. | 打扰一下 我觉得你们的链条出问题了 |
[00:27] | The middle person reversed part of it. | 中间的人颠倒了一部分 |
[00:29] | She said a double short, non-fat, low-foam latte. | 她说的是双份浓缩拿铁 无脂 低奶泡 |
[00:31] | Double short, non-fat, low-foam latte. | 双份浓缩拿铁 无脂 低奶泡 |
[00:33] | Double short, non-fat, low-foam latte. | 双份浓缩拿铁 无脂 低奶泡 |
[00:34] | Double short, non-fat, low-foam latte. | 双份浓缩拿铁 无脂 低奶泡 |
[00:36] | No, no, no, no, you did it again. | 不 不 不 不 你又说了一次 |
[00:38] | That’s not what I want. | 这不是我想要的 |
[00:39] | Well, you can just tell her yourself. | 你自己直接和她说 |
[00:40] | Alright. | 好吧 |
[00:42] | I’ll have a double short, low-fat, no-foam latte. | 我要一杯双份浓缩拿铁 低脂 无奶泡 |
[00:44] | Double short, low-fat, no-foam latte. | 双份浓缩拿铁 低脂 无奶泡 |
[00:46] | Double short, low-fat, no-foam latte. | 双份浓缩拿铁 低脂 无奶泡 |
[00:47] | – Nutmeg? – Nutmeg? – Nutmeg? | – 要肉豆蔻吗 – 要肉豆蔻吗 – 要肉豆蔻吗 |
[00:49] | No, thanks. | 不 谢谢 |
[00:50] | It inflames my stomach lining. | 它会使我的胃黏膜发炎 |
[00:51] | Inflames his stomach lining. | 使他的胃黏膜发炎 |
[00:52] | Inflames his stomach lining. | 使他的胃黏膜发炎 |
[00:53] | Inflames his stomach lining. | 使他的胃黏膜发炎 |
[00:55] | Stop that. | 停下 |
[00:57] | Hello, Niles. | 你好啊 Niles |
[00:58] | – Welcome back. – Oh, thanks. | – 欢迎回来 – 谢谢 |
[01:00] | I trust you and Samantha had a pleasant weekend? | 我相信你和Samantha度过了一个愉快的周末 |
[01:02] | Oh, God, It was fabulous. | 天哪 真是好极了 |
[01:04] | We stayed at this gorgeous cabin just outside Aspen, | 我们住在在阿斯本山外的一间小木屋 |
[01:06] | took a chopper every moring to the top of the mountain. | 每早都坐直升机到山顶 |
[01:09] | Oh, I just didn’t want it to end. | 真不想结束 |
[01:10] | It could explain why you’re still wearing | 这就能解释为什么你在一家过热的咖啡馆里 |
[01:12] | that rediculous jacket in an overheated cafe? | 还穿着这件可笑的夹克 |
[01:14] | Oh, well, in Aspen we all wear them indoors. | 在阿斯本山 我们都在室内穿 |
[01:16] | Oh, God, the funniest thing happened along with us last night. | 昨晚发生了件特别搞笑的事 |
[01:19] | Jack Nicholson and Tom Brokaw discovered that | Jack Nicholson和Tom Brokaw发现 |
[01:19] | Jack Nicholson美国著名男演员 导演 制片人 Tom Brokaw 汤姆·布罗考 美国人心目中最值得信赖的新闻主播 20多年来一直担任美国全国广播公司(NBC)晚间新闻节目的主持人 | |
[01:20] | they’re wearing excatly the same jacket, | 他们穿了同一件夹克 |
[01:22] | so they staged a mock fight. | 所以他们上演了一场模拟的决斗 |
[01:24] | Suddenly, Donna Karan flew between pretending the referee. | 忽然 Donna Karan冲去充当裁判 |
[01:26] | I laughed so hard I nearly spilled my toddy | 我笑得太起劲 差点把我的棕榈酒 |
[01:28] | on someone named Boof Daddy. | 洒在一个叫Boof Daddy的人身上 |
[01:31] | Can I get anything else for you here? | 还需要点什么吗 |
[01:32] | Ah, just a dustpan and broom to sweep up some of these names. | 只需要簸箕和扫帚 把这些名字打扫干净 |
[01:38] | Cappuccino, please. | 卡布奇诺 谢谢 |
[01:40] | Oh, by the way, Niles, did we have plans for tonight? | 顺便问一下Niles 我们今晚有计划吗 |
[01:42] | Yes, why? | 有啊 怎么了 |
[01:43] | Well, I’m afraid I have to cancle. | 恐怕我得取消了 |
[01:45] | It’s my one-month anniversary with Sam. | 今天是我和Sam的一个月纪念日 |
[01:47] | I’d like to take her to L’Escalier for dinner. | 我想带她去圣尼古拉吃晚餐 |
[01:49] | I understand, of course. One month is a milestone. | 我明白 当然 一个月是块里程碑 |
[01:52] | Thanks for the reminder. | 谢谢你提醒我 |
[01:52] | I need to change my water filter. | 我是该换滤水器了 |
[01:56] | Oh, damn it, they put nutmeg on this. | 该死 他们放了肉豆蔻 |
[01:58] | Speaking of Meg, Meg Ryan told me this most liveful story about | 说到Meg Meg Ryan给我讲了一个关于 |
[02:01] | Anthony Hopkins played on Jodie | Anthony Hopkins在<沉默的羔羊>杀青会上 |
[02:02] | at the wrap party for Lambs. | 开Jodie玩笑的事 |
[02:04] | My stomach lining is just not going to get a break today, is it? | 我的胃黏膜今天是别想休息了 |
[02:11] | 不是你 是我 不 是你 | |
[02:13] | Oh, I’m so sorry I was late, Frasier. | 很抱歉 我迟到了 Frasier |
[02:15] | Oh, no, no, that’s all right. | 不 不 没关系 |
[02:16] | I take liberty ordering us the “Taste of Monaco” dinner. | 我擅自给咱们点了”摩纳哥之味”晚餐 |
[02:19] | Oh, Good choice. | 好选择 |
[02:21] | Oh, well…As I recall, that’s what you ordered on our first date. | 我记得 这是我们第一次约会时你点的餐 |
[02:24] | Of course, it wasn’t food you were craving that night. | 当然 食物并不是那晚你渴求的东西 |
[02:28] | You whisked me away back to my place | 蟹肉饼还没上 |
[02:30] | before the crab cakes could even arrive. | 你就迅速和我回了我的地方 |
[02:34] | You know, there’s no better way to celebrate an anniversary | 你知道 没有比历史再现更好的 |
[02:36] | than with an historical re-enactment. | 庆祝纪念日的方式了 |
[02:39] | I’ve got my costume on underneath. | 我衣服下面已经穿好了服装 |
[02:41] | Actually, I, I’m really looking forward to those crab cakes. | 其实 我还挺期待那些蟹肉饼的 |
[02:45] | Oh, great, great. | 好极了 |
[02:45] | Well, yes, I suppose we should try the food here once. | 我想我们也该试试这的食物 |
[02:49] | But you sure to leave some room. | 但你得留点肚子 |
[02:50] | You’ll about to find a little Frasier mint on your pillow | 等我们到家的时候 |
[02:53] | when we get home. | 你会在你的枕头上发现一小片Frasier薄荷 |
[02:55] | By the way, thanks again for this weekend. | 顺便说一下 再次感谢这个周末 |
[02:59] | You’re welcome. | 不用谢 |
[03:00] | You know, it’s funny, I think it was a turning point for us. | 很有趣 我觉得这对我们来说是个转折点 |
[03:02] | Well, for me. See, I was so relaxed. | 对我来说是的 我是那么放松 |
[03:06] | At the begining of a relationship, I’m usually very tentative. | 一段恋爱开始时 我通常非常踌躇 |
[03:08] | I just have this dark fear that I’m about to be cut loose. | 我会特别担心被甩 |
[03:12] | Frasier Frasier? | |
[03:13] | Oh, I know, I know, I’m just being so insecure. | 我懂 我懂 我真是太没安全感了 |
[03:16] | It’s nice to know I’m on solid ground. | 知道咱俩关系稳定 我就感到脚踏实地 |
[03:18] | Um, Frasier… | 额 Frasier |
[03:20] | I’m standing on quicksand, aren’t I? | 我现在站在流沙里 是吗 |
[03:23] | I didn’t want to talk about this until later. | 我本来想晚点再谈 |
[03:26] | – Oh, my God. – But… | – 哦 天哪 – 但是 |
[03:27] | Oh, It’s just not working out between the two of us. | 咱俩合不来 |
[03:30] | No, it’s not you. It’s me. | 不 不是你 是我 |
[03:33] | I just don’t feel the same way about us anymore. | 我只是对你没以前的感觉了 |
[03:35] | But things were going so well. | 可是一切都如此顺利 |
[03:37] | What happened? | 发生了什么 |
[03:38] | Nothing happened. | 什么都没发生 |
[03:40] | We’ve had a wonderful time together. | 我们度过了一段美好的时光 |
[03:41] | Frasier, it’s just run its course. | Frasier 只是结束了 |
[03:45] | I’m sorry. | 抱歉 |
[03:47] | Oh, well, I’m sorry, too. | 我也很抱歉 |
[03:52] | I hope we can still be friends. | 我希望我们还能做朋友 |
[03:53] | Oh, yes yes, I like that, too. | 当然当然 我也愿意 |
[03:57] | Well, you know, seeing as how we’re friends and all, | 既然我们是朋友 |
[03:59] | I suppose there’s no reason we shouldn’t stay and | 我想我们没有理由不留下 |
[04:01] | enjoy what’s sure to be a splendid meal. | 享受这份佳肴 |
[04:03] | – Absolutely. – Great. OK. | – 当然 – 好极了 |
[04:10] | – Your first course. – Ah, thank you. | – 您的第一道菜 – 谢谢 |
[04:12] | Um, ah, tell me, how many more courses are there? | 告诉我 还有几道菜 |
[04:16] | Six, sir. | 六道 先生 |
[04:17] | Could you bring those all at once? | 你能一次都拿上来吗 |
[04:25] | – Good Lord. – What? | – 天哪 – 怎么了 |
[04:27] | Look at this headline. | 看这个标题 |
[04:31] | “Martin Crane Dead”. | “Martin Crane讣告” |
[04:32] | Wow…You don’t need much coffee after that. | 哇 看到这消息都不用咖啡醒神了 |
[04:36] | Gee, 58. Poor guy. Hardly had a life. | 啧 58岁 可怜人 短暂的一生 |
[04:40] | – Handsome fellow though. – Yeah. Multi-millionaire. | – 尽管很帅 – 是啊 百万富翁 |
[04:43] | Decorated war hero. Wrote a spy novel. | 战时英雄 写了部间谍小说 |
[04:46] | “Survived by his wife Florence, | “留下了他的妻子Florence |
[04:48] | a former Miss Washington | 她是一位前华盛顿小姐 |
[04:50] | and two sons, Joe, a Marine Corps colonel, | 还有两个儿子 Joe是海军陆战队上校 |
[04:53] | and professional baseball player Mickey Crane”. | 以及职业棒球选手Mickey Crane” |
[04:58] | Nothing like starting the day off jealous of a dead guy. | 美好的一天从嫉妒死人开始 |
[05:04] | – Oh, Hello, all. – Oh, morning, Dr Crane. | – 各位好 – 早上好 Crane医生 |
[05:07] | You were up and out early today. | 你今天很早啊 |
[05:08] | Yes, well, I felt like taking a walk. | 是啊 我想出去散散步 |
[05:11] | Got a lot on my mind. | 心事很多 |
[05:12] | Picked up some pastries. | 买了点甜点 |
[05:14] | Great. | 太好了 |
[05:15] | Well, whatever it is, you’ll cheer up | 无论怎样 当你看到你滑雪周末拍的照片 |
[05:16] | when you see these photos from your ski weekend. | 你就会高兴起来的 |
[05:19] | I admit, I took a peek. | 我承认 我偷看了一眼 |
[05:21] | I must say, this Sam of yours is quite a catch. | 我必须得说 你的Sam相当吸引人 |
[05:24] | She’s gorgeous, smart, stylish… | 她华丽 聪明 时髦 |
[05:27] | We broke up last night. | 我们昨晚分手了 |
[05:29] | Orange juice, anyone? | 谁想喝桔汁 |
[05:31] | Oh, I’m sorry to hear that, Frasier. | 很遗憾 Frasier |
[05:33] | Oh, It’s alright, it was a mutual decision. | 没关系 这是双方的共同决定 |
[05:36] | Well, a little more mutual on her part than mine. | 当然 她的方面比我更多一些 |
[05:40] | Once she dumped me, I jumped right on board. | 她把我一甩 我马上就同意了 |
[05:43] | Anyway, I’ll be fine, Dad. | 无论如何 我很好 爸爸 |
[05:45] | Well, the spirit is just put it all behind you. | 重要的是把这些都置之脑后 |
[05:47] | Exactly. Well, I must admit, | 正是如此 我必须承认 |
[05:49] | I’m having a little difficulty achieving closure. | 我对分手总难以释怀 |
[05:52] | see Sam said that her feelings changed for no reason. | 你看 Sam说她的感觉没来的变了 |
[05:56] | I can’t help think it might have been something specific about me. | 我止不住想 也许是因为我做的什么事 |
[05:58] | Now, hold on. Don’t try to make this your fault. | 等等 别把这想成你的错 |
[06:00] | Yeah, she’s probably telling the truth. | 她可能说的是实话 |
[06:02] | If a woman trying to spare your feelings, | 如果一个女人想不让你难堪 |
[06:04] | she’ll give you the old “It’s not you, it’s me”. | 她就会说”不是你 是我”的老桥段 |
[06:08] | That’s exactly what she said. | 这正是她说的那句 |
[06:10] | Waffles, anyone? | 谁要华夫饼 |
[06:12] | Well, you know, Frasier, | Frasier 我知道你 |
[06:13] | I know you always look for explanations for everything | 凡事都要解释 |
[06:15] | but sometimes there isn’t one. | 但有时是没有解释的 |
[06:16] | I know, I know, Dad. It’s kinda of drive me crazy. | 我知道 爸 只是这有点把我逼疯了 |
[06:20] | You know, until I know why it ended, | 直到我知道为什么分手 |
[06:23] | I’ll just assume it was numbers of things about me. | 我就会假设是各种各样关于我的原因 |
[06:25] | My self-confidence will be shattered. | 我的自信心会被削弱 |
[06:26] | Well, you got two choices here. | 你有两个选择 |
[06:29] | You can spend days trying to figure it out till it drives you nuts. | 你可以花好多天弄明白 直到被逼疯 |
[06:31] | Or you can do the smart thing, make a clean break, | 或者你可以聪明点 快刀斩乱麻 |
[06:33] | never talk to her again, and get on with your life. | 不再和她说话 继续你自己的生活 |
[06:40] | Alright, dad, that’s exactly what I should do. Thank you. | 好的 爸 这正是我应该做的 谢谢你 |
[06:43] | No problem. | 没关系 |
[06:45] | Sometimes you’re very insightful. | 有时你真的是非常富有洞察力 |
[06:47] | I’ve been around the block a few times. | 我也有过这方面的经验 |
[06:52] | So when are you going to talk to her? | 所以 你打算什么时候和她说话 |
[06:54] | Right after my waffles. | 吃完华夫饼以后 |
[07:05] | Sam! Sam! What are the chances? | Sam Sam 多巧啊 |
[07:08] | You’ve found my thinking place. | 你找到了我的思考静地 |
[07:11] | Frasier, listen, I’m ten minutes late for a deposition. | Frasier 我宣誓作证已经晚了10分钟了 |
[07:14] | Oh, well, we can walk and talk. | 我们可以边走边聊 |
[07:17] | All right. | 好吧 |
[07:19] | So, you know, I loving this new arrangement for us. | 我喜欢我们之间这种新安排 |
[07:21] | I think this being friends thing gonna work out great. | 做朋友这事会进行得很好 |
[07:24] | – Ah, listen, Could you pick up the pace a little? – Oh, right, right. | – 你能加快脚步吗 – 好的 好的 |
[07:27] | So, how have you been? | 你最近怎么样 |
[07:28] | Frasier, I just saw you last night. | Frasier 我昨晚刚见过你 |
[07:30] | So you did. And now that you bring up last night… | 是啊 既然你提到昨晚 |
[07:32] | You do walk fast. I was hoping for a little clarification. | 你走得真快 我希望你能给我一些解释 |
[07:38] | Listen, I told you this has nothing to do with you. | 听我说 我说过了 这和你无关 |
[07:39] | Yes, but it seems highly unlikely that such a sudden change | 是的 但这样的突变 |
[07:44] | could have nothing to do with me. | 不可能和我无关 |
[07:46] | I mean, maybe it was something that I did unintentionally. | 我是说 也许是我无意中做的什么事 |
[07:50] | I’m not sure. I’m Sorry. My fault. | 我不确定 抱歉 我的错 |
[07:53] | You know, something this weekend maybe? | 也许是这周末发生了什么 |
[07:55] | I mean, I know I played the piano loud and a little too long, | 我知道我弹钢琴的声音很吵 时间有点长 |
[07:57] | but who knew General Schwarzkopf got so crazy for show tunes? | 但谁知道Schwarzkopf将军如此喜欢舞台剧音乐 |
[07:59] | All right. There’s nothing I’m not telling you. | 好吧 我把事情都告诉你了 |
[08:03] | Sometimes things just end. | 有时 事情就是结束了 |
[08:04] | Please try not to take it so personally. | 请你别针对自己 |
[08:08] | – All right. – All right. Look, I really am late. | – 好吧 – 我真的要迟到了 |
[08:10] | I, I’ll talk to you soon, OK? | 我晚点再和你谈 好吗 |
[08:14] | Take care. | 保重 |
[08:21] | What’s the matter with you? | 你怎么回事 |
[08:22] | That’s just it. | 这就是问题所在 |
[08:25] | I don’t know. | 我也不知道 |
[08:32] | Where is Frasier? | Frasier在哪 |
[08:33] | He knows we have reservations at Bavetta’s. | 他知道我们在巴维塔酒店订了座 |
[08:36] | If you’re late, they give away your table | 如果迟到了 他们不但把你的桌子给别人 |
[08:37] | and make you sit in the kitchen with the owner’s mother. | 还会让你去厨房 和店主的妈妈一起坐 |
[08:42] | What the hell did I do with that remote? | 我到底把那个遥控器放哪了 |
[08:44] | Daph, are you sure you haven’t seen it? | Daph 你确定你没看见吗 |
[08:46] | Positive. | 确定 |
[08:47] | They ought to make one with a sensor. | 他们应该做带传感器的 |
[08:49] | I mean, it got more than 20 feet from the TV | 一旦遥控器离开电视20英尺以上 |
[08:51] | and the sensor is start beeping. | 传感器就开始叫 |
[08:54] | Or maybe for a deaf person, | 或者给聋人 |
[08:56] | they could make one has purple smoke coming out of it | 他们可以做能喷出紫色烟雾的 |
[08:59] | like some kind of flare system or something. | 就像那种火炬系统一类的 |
[09:01] | Please! Mr. Crane. I’m begging you. | 拜托了 Crane先生 我求你了 |
[09:03] | You’ve got to get out of the house more. | 你一定要多出屋子走走 |
[09:09] | Hello, all. | 好啊 各位 |
[09:09] | Oh, Niles, what a pleasant surprise. | Niles 真是个惊喜 |
[09:12] | Just what Mama Bavetta will say when we pull up a chair. | 我们搬椅子过去时 店主妈妈也会这么说的 |
[09:15] | Oh, that’s right Dinner. I completely forgot. | 对啊 晚餐 我完全忘记了 |
[09:18] | I, I took a long walk after work. | 下班后 我走了很长一段路 |
[09:21] | I’m sorry, Niles. | 抱歉 Niles |
[09:21] | It must be completely slipped my mind. | 它完全从我的脑子里溜走了 |
[09:23] | Well, prevailed it’s out now. | 现在它又出来了 |
[09:25] | I take you’re still consumed with the Sam situation? | 你还在想Sam的事 |
[09:27] | Just trying to figure out what happened. | 只是想知道到底发生了什么 |
[09:28] | Well, the relationship ended. That’ what happends. | 关系结束了 就是这样 |
[09:30] | There’s got to be a reason. | 一定有个理由 |
[09:31] | See, you’re fixated. | 看 你真是执拗 |
[09:32] | I am not fixated. That is fixated. | 我没有执拗 那才是执拗 |
[09:34] | Dad, what’s the hell are you doing? | 爸 你到底在做什么 |
[09:36] | Aw… This is stupid. | 啊 这太蠢了 |
[09:39] | Maybe if I stick together about ten chopsticks, | 也许把10根筷子粘在一起 |
[09:42] | put a rubber tip on the end for gripping. | 在底部套个橡胶套 就能握紧了 |
[09:49] | – Oh, hello. – Hi. | – 你好 – 嗨 |
[09:50] | Oh, be ready in a sec, Roz. | Roz 马上就好 |
[09:52] | Oh, it’s alright, the movie doesn’t start till eight | 没关系 电影8点才开始 |
[09:53] | Oh, that’s right, I forgot you two had plans. | 对了 我忘了你俩有计划 |
[09:54] | – Come on in, Roz. – Alright. | – 快进来 Roz – 好吧 |
[09:56] | You know, I was wondering… | 我在想 |
[09:57] | No, I don’t know why Sam broke up with you. OK? | 别说 我不知道Sam为什么和你分手 |
[10:00] | Just like I didn’t know two hours ago. | 我两小时前才知道这事 |
[10:02] | Just like Gil, Bulldog | 就像Gil Bulldog |
[10:04] | and Miss Judy from the Arts and Crafts Hour didn’t know. | 和主持”工艺一小时”的Judy小姐也不知道 |
[10:08] | Well, never hurts to ask. | 问一句总不会受伤 |
[10:11] | Miss Judy had some real insights | Judy小姐确实有点洞察力 |
[10:13] | before she had to make her Popsicle stick run. | 当然是在她让冰棒棍能跑之前 |
[10:15] | I’m gonna go to the Duke’s, watch the game there. | 我去Duke家了 上那看比赛 |
[10:17] | Oh, wait, wait, everybody, before you scattered. | 等等 等等 各位 在你们出门之前 |
[10:19] | I, I’d like to ask an enormous favour. | 我想请你们帮个大忙 |
[10:21] | In the spirit of, well, self-improvement, | 本着自我完善的精神 |
[10:24] | I, I’d like you to tell me in your own words | 我想让你们用自己的话告诉我 |
[10:27] | just what excatly about me you find unlovable. | 到底我的哪一方面让你觉得不惹人爱 |
[10:33] | No, no, no, please, please, please, | 不 不 不 求你们 求你们 求你们 |
[10:36] | please, honestly, for the sake of my future relationships. | 求你们 为了我未来的关系 |
[10:39] | I just, I know you’re afraid to hurt my feelings, | 我知道你们怕伤害我的感情 |
[10:43] | but I, I can stand a little constructive criticism. | 但我可以承受一点建设性批评的 |
[10:45] | Ah, come on, please. | 拜托 求你们了 |
[10:46] | Tell me, what do you think are my main faults? | 告诉我 我的主要缺点是什么 |
[10:49] | Well, let’s start with what you’re doing now. | 就从你现在正在做的事开始吧 |
[10:51] | You analyse everything to death. | 你把每件事都分析到极点 |
[10:53] | Sam said it wasn’t your fault, but you keep digging around | Sam说不是你的错 你却一直在挖啊挖 |
[10:56] | and digging around until you drive everybody nuts. | 直到你把所有人都逼疯 |
[10:58] | OK, dad thinks I am over-analytical. | 好的 爸认为我过度分析 |
[11:02] | That’s great. We got the ball rolling. | 太棒了 我们开始了 |
[11:03] | OK, who’s next? Niles? | 谁是下一个 Niles |
[11:04] | I’m sorry, I’m not entirely sure how useful this exercise is. | 抱歉 我不确定这么做有啥用 |
[11:07] | Niles, I don’t care how you feeling, you’re gonna be participate. | Niles 我不在乎你的感受 你参加就行了 |
[11:09] | Pushy. | 一意孤行 |
[11:10] | Well, yes, if that’s what it takes to… Oh, thank you. | 是的 如果需要这样的话 哦 谢谢 |
[11:16] | Alright, Daphne, it’s your turn. Don’t be shy. | 好了 Daphne 到你了 别害羞 |
[11:18] | Well, if I had to choose, I’d say you are a bit of a fussbudget. | 如果让我选的话 我会说你有点吹毛求疵 |
[11:23] | “Fussbudget” | “吹毛求疵” |
[11:24] | Well, let’s… If you don’t mind this substitution, | 如果你不介意这个替换词的话 |
[11:26] | I think maybe “demanding” is more le motjuste. | 我觉得”精益求精”更合适 |
[11:28] | Pretentious. | 自命不凡 |
[11:29] | Right. Now see, this is very good. | 对 看 这非常好 |
[11:31] | Roz? You must have something? | Roz呢 你一定有什么想说的 |
[11:33] | Well, you’re a little full of yourself. | 你有点目空一切 |
[11:35] | Great. OK. Pompous. | 好极了 自以为是 |
[11:38] | And you do tend to ramble on with the callers. | 你常常和来电者漫谈 |
[11:40] | – Tad loquacious. – Pretentious. | – 喋喋不休 – 自命不凡 |
[11:43] | Dad, I already wrote that down. | 我已经记下来了 |
[11:44] | Underline it. | 那就在下面划线 |
[11:53] | – Oh, um, um, snippy. – Snippy. | – 哦 傲慢无礼 – 傲慢无礼 |
[11:55] | Sarcastic. | 刻薄 |
[11:56] | – Bossy. – Huffy. | – 专横 -暴躁 |
[11:58] | Vain. | 自负 |
[11:59] | Oh, that’s a good one. | 这个说的不错 |
[12:02] | Oh, well, how nice we finally found an activity | 多好啊 我们终于找到了一个 |
[12:04] | we can all enjoy together. | 我们能一起享受的活动 |
[12:08] | Oh, come on, Frasier, why don’t you just admit what you’re doing here? | 拜托 Frasier 你为什么不面对你现在的做法呢 |
[12:10] | This isn’t some “help me be a better person” thing. | 这不是什么”帮我成为一个更好的人”活动 |
[12:12] | You’re trying to figure out what you can fix, | 你在试着想出你能弥补什么 |
[12:14] | you can win Sam back. | 所以你能把Sam赢回来 |
[12:16] | Oh, no, Roz, that’s preposterous. | 不 Roz 这很荒谬 |
[12:18] | Look who you’re talking to. | 看看你在和谁说话 |
[12:19] | I’ve been down this road so many times | 我经历过这么多次 |
[12:20] | they call it the Roz Expressway. | 他们都管这叫Roz高速了 |
[12:23] | I’ve heard that phrase before, | 我以前听过这个短语 |
[12:25] | but in a slightly different context. | 但是是在一个稍微不同的语境里 |
[12:32] | You know, alright, maybe there is some truth in what you say. | 也许你说的没错 |
[12:36] | I mean, after all, Sam is really quite a catch. | 毕竟 Sam确实很吸引人 |
[12:40] | Why wouldn’t I want to get her back? | 我为什么不想让她回来 |
[12:42] | But you shouldn’t change yourself just to please her. | 但你不应该改变你自己去取悦她 |
[12:45] | It’s not healthy, and it doesn’t work. | 这并不健康 也并不奏效 |
[12:49] | If it did, Steve Wilson would be my husband | 这要奏效的话 Steve Wilson就是我的丈夫 |
[12:50] | and not just some name tattooed on my butt. | 而不是我屁股上的同名纹身 |
[12:54] | If you want my advise, | 如果你想要我的建议 |
[12:56] | the best thing you can do is nothing. | 你最该做的就是什么也不做 |
[12:58] | Just leave her be to think about what she’s missing out of. | 就随她去 让她去想她失去了什么 |
[13:00] | I totally agree. | 我完全同意 |
[13:01] | No candy. No flowers. And whatever you do, don’t call. | 没有糖果 没有鲜花 不管你做什么 别打电话 |
[13:06] | Oh, I don’t see anything wrong | 我没看出保持沟通渠道 |
[13:07] | with keeping the lines of communication open. | 有什么不对 |
[13:09] | Oh, God, you called, didn’t you? | 天哪 你打过了 对吗 |
[13:11] | Well, maybe I left a carefully worded message. | 也许我留了一些字斟句酌的留言 |
[13:13] | Oh, Frasier, you never call somebody was broken up with you, | Frasier 你绝不能给和你分手的人打电话 |
[13:16] | it makes you look desperate. | 这会让你看上去绝望 |
[13:17] | Well, I didn’t have any choice. | 我没有别的选择 |
[13:18] | She wouldn’t return any of my pages. | 她并不回复我的寻呼 |
[13:24] | God, I’ve blown it, haven’t I? | 天哪 我搞砸了 是吗 |
[13:27] | Well, that depends. What did you say in your message? | 看情况 你在留言里说了什么 |
[13:29] | Well, nothing undignified. | 没什么不体面的 |
[13:31] | Of course, tone of voice is everything, isn’t it? | 当然语调是至关重要的 对吗 |
[13:33] | You know, maybe I should play them for you. | 也许我该放给你们听听 |
[13:35] | What, you have the access code to her answer machine? | 你有她答录机的存取密码 |
[13:37] | Yes, lovely, I set it up with her. | 是的 真好 我和她一起设置的 |
[13:38] | I gave her an access code that would be easy to remember. | 我给了她一个好记的存取密码 |
[13:40] | My birthday. | 我的生日 |
[13:41] | What’s so easy about May 7th? | 5月7号有什么好记的 |
[13:43] | I wouldn’t know, Dad. My birthday’s in March. | 我不知道 爸爸 我的生日在3月 |
[13:48] | Oh, that’s right. The 7th. That’s Eddie’s. | 对 7号 那是Eddie的生日 |
[13:52] | Ok, ok, here we go. | 好了 好了 来了 |
[13:53] | All right, now, listen and tell me | 好了 现在 听听然后告诉我 |
[13:56] | if you think I sound desperate. | 你是否觉得我听起来绝望 |
[13:58] | Hi, Sam. Two quick things: dinner at L’Escalier is now at 8.30 | 嗨 Sam 两件事 圣尼古拉的晚餐改成8点半 |
[14:02] | and the judge needs to see you at nine tomorrow morning, | 以及法官明早9点要见你 |
[14:04] | not ten. Bye. | 不是10点 拜 |
[14:06] | I didn’t get desperate, I get feminine. | 我没听到绝望 我听到了女人味 |
[14:08] | Shut up, Niles. | 闭嘴 Niles |
[14:10] | Ah, here then. | 好了 在这 |
[14:11] | Hello, Sam. It’s Frasier. | 你好 Sam 我是Frasier |
[14:12] | Give me a call if you get a chance. Bye. | 有机会的话给我来个电话 |
[14:15] | You don’t sound desperate at all. | 你听上去一点都不绝望 |
[14:17] | Hi, Sam. I forgot to mention I’ll be in the office. | 嗨 Sam 忘了说 我会在办公室 |
[14:20] | Call me. It’s Frasier. | 给我电话 Frasier |
[14:23] | Well, maybe just a whiff of desperation. | 可能只有一丝绝望 |
[14:27] | Hi, I’m at the office now. | 嗨 我现在在办公室 |
[14:30] | Still at the office. | 还在办公室 |
[14:33] | I stepped out to the coffee machine. | 去咖啡机那了 |
[14:35] | Thought I might have missed you. | 我想我在想你 |
[14:36] | How quickly a whiff becomes a stench. | 从一丝发臭到恶臭变得多快 |
[14:40] | You know, you know, they just get worse after that. | 就是越来越糟了 |
[14:42] | There’s more? | 还有吗 |
[14:43] | Yes, not any more, though. | 是的 但 不再有了 |
[14:45] | There. Messages erased. | 好了 留言清空 |
[14:47] | Hey, your messages just were not the only ones on there. | 嘿 那不只有你的留言 |
[14:49] | What about the one from her secretary about the meeting with the judge? | 她秘书那条让她和法官会面的信息怎么办 |
[14:52] | Oh, my God, you’re right, it did sound important. | 天哪 你是对的 那条信息确实听起来很重要 |
[14:54] | So, what are you gonna do about it? | 那你打算怎么做 |
[14:55] | Well, I, I guess I could just call back | 我想我可以给她打回去 |
[14:57] | and leave a message saying that I | 留言说 |
[14:58] | inadvertently erased that message of hers | 我小心在删我早些时候的留言时 |
[14:59] | while erasing about messages I left earlier. | 删了她的信息 |
[15:01] | With her secret access code. | 用她的存取密码 |
[15:03] | Right, oh, God, this is humiliating. | 对了 天哪 太丢脸了 |
[15:06] | Well, Frasier, I hate to appear unsupportive, | Frasier 我也不想不支持你 |
[15:09] | but I’ve got to get to Duke’s for the game. | 我必须得去Duke家看球了 |
[15:11] | Yeah, and we’ll be late for that movie. | 是啊 我们看电影要迟了 |
[15:13] | Oh, wait. I forgot my purse. | 等等 我忘了我的钱包 |
[15:15] | Don’t worry about it, Frasier. | 别担心了 Frasier |
[15:17] | You’ll be fine. You’ll bounce back. You’re tough. | 你会好起来的 你会重新振作的 你很坚强 |
[15:20] | And resourceful. | 而且机智 |
[15:22] | – Resilient. – Optimistic. | – 韧性 – 乐观 |
[15:24] | – Tenacious. – Conceited. | – 顽强 – 自负 |
[15:26] | Different list, Daph. | 我们换说法了 Daph |
[15:29] | See you all. | 回头见 |
[15:32] | Hard to believe this picture was taken only three days ago. | 真难相信 这些照片是三天前拍的 |
[15:37] | Look at us. How happy I was. | 看看我们 当时我有多么高兴 |
[15:41] | Now I’ll never see her again. | 现在我再也见不到她了 |
[15:43] | Aren’t you over-dramatising? | 你是不是太戏剧化了 |
[15:44] | You’re bound to run into her now and then. | 你肯定会偶尔碰见她的 |
[15:46] | No, I was talking about me and Lesley Stahl. | 不 我是在说我和Lesley Stahl |
[15:51] | No, Frasier, looking at these photos, I can’t help noticing | Frasier 看了这些照片 我不禁在想 |
[15:53] | there are very few of you and Sam together. | 这里很少有你和Sam的合影 |
[15:56] | What are you getting at? | 你想说什么 |
[15:57] | Oh, well, I’m just wondering how much you really feel for this woman. | 我只是好奇 你对这个女人到底多有感情 |
[16:00] | Oh, don’t be rediculous, I haven’t felt this way in ages. | 别荒唐了 我已经很多年没有那种感觉了 |
[16:03] | I’m sorry. Guess I was wrong. It’s love then. | 抱歉 我想我错了 那就是爱了 |
[16:07] | Well, I don’t know about love. I mean, | 我不了解是不是爱 |
[16:12] | we’ve only been seeing each other for a month. | 我是说 我们才恋爱一个月 |
[16:13] | But you could see yourself falling in love with her. | 但你能预见自己会爱上她 |
[16:16] | Possibly. | 可能 |
[16:17] | Sometime down the line. | 完全的痴狂 |
[16:18] | Yes, yes, perhaps. | 是的 是的 也许 |
[16:21] | Well, no wonder you’re heartbroken. | 难怪你会伤心 |
[16:23] | You’ve just lost the only woman you could even possibly, | 你刚刚失去了唯一一个 |
[16:25] | sometime down the line, perhaps fall in love with. | 你可能疯狂迷恋的女人 |
[16:30] | I’m surprised the country music people haven’t jumped all over this one. | 我很惊讶乡村音乐人还没把这句话用滥 |
[16:40] | Well, alright, so I don’t rhapsodise about her. | 好了 所以我并不是狂热迷恋她 |
[16:44] | No, you did rhapsodise when she took you to Cigare Volant | 不 她带你去思嘉威朗酒厂 |
[16:47] | and you were seated in a secret VIP room we never knew existed. | 坐在我们从不知道的秘密贵宾室时 你确实狂热了 |
[16:50] | Oh, what are you suggesting I’m so shallow, | 你是说我很肤浅 |
[16:52] | I was with her made for her connections? | 因为她的人脉和她在一起吗 |
[16:53] | I could put it as harsh as that, | 可以这么犀利的说 |
[16:55] | but let’s face it, ever since we were young, | 面对现实吧 从我们小时候开始 |
[16:58] | you’ve always had a yearning to run with the cool kids, | 你就一直渴望和酷孩子一起玩 |
[17:00] | and it’s never worked out for you. | 但是从不成功 |
[17:02] | Your one day on the football team. | 想想你在橄榄球队的一天 |
[17:06] | The summer you bought a motorcycle. Although… to be actually | 你买了一辆摩托车的那个夏天 尽管 事实上 |
[17:09] | It’s only a moped if you pedal it, | 如果你蹬的话 那不过是辆助动车 |
[17:10] | and I never pedalled. | 但我从没蹬过 |
[17:14] | I just wonder if what you’re mourning isn’t so much the loss of Sam | 我不知道你哀伤的是失去她 |
[17:17] | as the loss of her celebrity lifestyle. | 还是她的名人生活方式 |
[17:21] | I must admit things never did seem quite right between us and | 我必须承认我们之间总不太和谐 |
[17:25] | God, it hadn’t been for her friends, | 如果不是因为她的朋友 |
[17:26] | l probably would’ve broken it off myself. | 我可能也会分手 |
[17:28] | Oh, God, shame on me. | 真为我自己感到羞愧 |
[17:31] | Don’t punish yourself, Frasier. | 别惩罚你自己 Frasier |
[17:33] | At least you’re deep enough to realise you’re shallow. | 至少你深刻到能认识自己的肤浅 |
[17:35] | Yes. | 是的 |
[17:40] | – Dinner? – Let’s. | – 晚餐 – 我们走吧 |
[17:42] | Although I’ve still got to phone her about that message. | 尽管我仍应给她打个电话 告诉她那些留言 |
[17:45] | Oh, you know what? | 你猜怎么的 |
[17:46] | Why don’t we stop by L’Escalier on our way to dinner? | 我们在路上可以在圣尼古拉停一下 |
[17:49] | You can run and tell her in person. | 你可以亲自告诉她 |
[17:50] | Even better. God, Niles, | 那就更好了 天哪 Niles |
[17:52] | I can’t tell you how helpful this has been. | 我无法告诉你这有多大帮助 |
[17:55] | How can I ever repay you? | 我要怎么报答你呢 |
[17:56] | You can start by getting me into that VIP room at Cigare Volant. | 可以从带我进思嘉威朗的贵宾室开始 |
[17:59] | Where is the entrance? Behind the cigarette machine? | 入口在哪 是在自动售烟机后面吗 |
[18:02] | No, that’s just a decoy. | 不 那就是个装饰 |
[18:03] | – It’s through the dry-cleaner next door. – No. | – 是穿过隔壁的干洗室 – 不会吧 |
[18:13] | – Hello, Sam. – Frasier. | – 你好 Sam – Frasier |
[18:16] | I know you didn’t expect to see me tonight. | 我知道你今晚并不想见我 |
[18:17] | Well, no. | 是的 不 |
[18:19] | Of course, after all those messages, | 当然 在收到那些留言之后 |
[18:20] | I, I can’t say I’m totally surprised. | 我也不惊讶会见到你 |
[18:22] | Oh, God, you heard them? | 天哪 你都听了 |
[18:24] | I checked my machine this afternoon. | 我今天下午查了我的答录机 |
[18:25] | – Frasier, I, I think we really need to talk. – No, we don’t. | – Frasier 我想我们需要谈谈 – 不 我们不需要 |
[18:28] | I, I promise you, I will never call you again. | 我保证 不会再给你打电话了 |
[18:33] | I’ve thought about this and believe me you made the right decision. | 我考虑了一下 相信我 你做了正确的决定 |
[18:36] | – No, no, I didn’t. – Excuse me? | – 不 不 我没有 – 什么 |
[18:39] | Um, yeah, please, sit down. | 是的 请坐下 |
[18:41] | I was gonna call you later anyway. | 本来我晚点也要打给你的 |
[18:43] | You see, I think I figured out what happened between the two of us. | 我想出了咱俩之间到底出了什么问题 |
[18:48] | I panicked. You, you see I was starting to really care about you, | 我恐慌了 我开始变得真的关心你 |
[18:52] | thought we might have a future even and then, well, it scared me. | 幻想未来什么的 这吓到我了 |
[18:56] | But the way you’ve pursued me, showing up at the courthouse, | 但你追我的方式 在法院露面 |
[19:00] | and leaving all of those messages. | 还有留的那些言 |
[19:02] | Well, and now you’re here. | 而现在你在这 |
[19:03] | Obviously you feel just as strongly as I do. | 很明显 你的感觉和我一样强烈 |
[19:06] | It’s funny really. | 这真的很有趣 |
[19:08] | Both of us falling in love so fast | 我们两个都如此迅速地坠入爱河了 |
[19:10] | and not realising the other felt the same way. | 而没有意识到彼此同样的感受 |
[19:12] | We should be laughing. | 我们该笑 |
[19:24] | Listen, Sam… | 听我说 Sam |
[19:25] | No, no, no, I’m going to tell you what we’ll going to do this weekend. | 不 不 不 我要告诉你我们这周末要做什么 |
[19:29] | We are taking the Concorde to London | 我们要坐飞机去伦敦 |
[19:32] | for a party at Alec Guinness’ place. | 参加在Alec Guinness那举办的派对 |
[19:34] | I’m not so sure… Sir Alec Guinness? | 我不确定 是Alec Guinness爵士吗 |
[19:37] | Yes, well, I know it’s a long way to go, | 是的 我知道这很远 |
[19:39] | but oh, but Steven is going to be there | 但Steven也会去 |
[19:41] | and he’s promise to play some songs from the new one. | 而且他答应演奏几首新专辑的歌 |
[19:43] | Look, I don’t know if… Stephen Sondheim? | 我不知道是否 Stephen Sondheim吗 |
[19:46] | Yes, you’ll never guess who will be singing with him. | 是的 你肯定猜不到谁会和他一起唱 |
[19:49] | No, please, don’t tell me. Please. | 不 求你 别告诉我 求你 |
[19:50] | Frasier, what? What is it? You seem upset. | Frasier 怎么了 怎么回事 你看上去很难过 |
[19:57] | Sam, I can’t see you anymore. | Sam 我不能和你在一起了 |
[20:00] | What? | 为什么 |
[20:01] | I think you’re an incredible woman, | 我认为你是个非凡的女人 |
[20:03] | but I’ve come to a realisation about us. | 但我认识到了我们的关系 |
[20:07] | Well, about me. | 认识到了我 |
[20:09] | And I just don’t see any future for us. | 我看不到咱俩的未来 |
[20:11] | I know it sounds strange | 我知道这听上去很奇怪 |
[20:13] | after the way I was pursuing you, | 尤其是我那样追你之后 |
[20:14] | but I’ve been in it for all the wrong reasons. | 但我沉浸其中是因为错误的理由 |
[20:19] | Like what? | 比如 |
[20:20] | I’m not very proud of this but | 我并不为此感到骄傲 但 |
[20:24] | maybe I was a little dazzled by the circle you travel in. | 我可能被你所在的圈子搞得眼花缭乱了 |
[20:27] | So you were with me just so you could be around some famous people? | 所以你和我在一起 是因为可以进入明星圈吗 |
[20:32] | It’s not right, I was fond of you as well. | 不是的 我也喜欢你 |
[20:33] | Fond of me? Oh, well, thank you very much. | 喜欢我 非常感谢 |
[20:36] | Look, look, look, I, I understand you’re upset and I’m just gonna go. | 我理解你很难过 我这就走 |
[20:39] | I don’t believe this. My, my friends. | 难以置信 居然是因为我的圈子 |
[20:41] | Look, I know it’s shallow | 我知道这很肤浅 |
[20:44] | and it’s something I’m gonna have to work on. | 这也是我需要努力的地方 |
[20:46] | Hi, Sam. How are you? | 嗨 Sam 你好吗 |
[20:48] | Lesley. Hello. | Lesley 你好 |
[20:51] | It’s Frasier Crane. We met this weekend. | 我是Frasier Crane 我们上周末见过 |
[20:53] | – How are you? – Fine. – Hi. | – 你好吗 – 很好 – 嗨 |
[20:54] | What kind of sick bastard are you? | 你到底是哪种变态混蛋 |
[20:59] | You’re right. You’re right, look, we’re just having a bit of a spat, | 你说的对 你说的对 我们刚发生了点口角 |
[21:01] | but, of course I don’t need to tell you | 当然 我不需要告诉你 |
[21:03] | being the ace reporter that you are. | 这样的名记者 |
[21:05] | Oh, just, just get out of here right now. | 现在赶紧出去 |
[21:08] | Ok, fine, Listen, if you’re in town for a while, | 好吧 如果你在这待一阵子 |
[21:09] | maybe we can have lunch? | 也许我们可以一起吃个午餐 |
[21:10] | Get out. | 出去 |
[21:12] | What’s the matter with me? | 我到底是怎么回事 |
[21:14] | Lesley Lesley… |