时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:09] | 很久很久以前 在一个遥远的地方 一所学前班 | |
[00:16] | I specifically requested my macaroni and cheese al dente. | 我明明说了我要有嚼劲的奶酪通心粉 |
[00:20] | I know. | 我懂你 |
[00:21] | This lunch is a culinary Hindenberg. | 这顿午饭像是厨房版的兴登堡号 |
[00:24] | Niles, have you ever considered that our food may be payback | Niles 你有没有想过 他们可能是在报复 |
[00:26] | for your recent editorial, “Cafeteria of Shame”. | 你最近写的那篇文章 “耻辱餐厅” |
[00:31] | Well, they can’t intimidate me. | 他们吓唬不了我的 |
[00:33] | They’ll never silence my pen. | 我会继续写下去 |
[00:35] | I could write an expose on their baked goods alone. | 他们的烘焙食品就够我单独写篇报道 |
[00:38] | Yes, this is the hardest roll since Hamlet. | 没错 这餐包比哈姆雷特的性格还硬 |
[00:42] | Good one, Frasier. May I use it? | 这个比喻很妙啊 Frasier 我能用在文章里吗 |
[00:43] | But of course. | 当然可以 |
[00:45] | These biscotti represent an all-time low. | 这些意式脆饼的口感又创新低 |
[00:47] | Chalky aftertaste, inelegant aroma, spongy. | 回味起来像粉笔 难闻 而且软趴趴 |
[00:51] | What is a spongy biscotti | 软趴趴的脆饼 |
[00:53] | but an unwelcome trespasser into madeleine territory? | 无疑是是玛德琳蛋糕的领土上不受欢迎的入侵者啊 |
[00:58] | Have you seen how stale these pistachios are? | 你注意到这些开心果有多不新鲜吗 |
[00:59] | It’s like swallowing gravel. | 它们像碎石一样难咽 |
[01:01] | It’s a wonder I’ve escaped permanent injury. | 我没有被噎死简直就是奇迹 |
[01:03] | Yes. Your ability to cheat death at every turn never ceases to amaze. | 你说得对 我很佩服你总在关键时刻躲开死亡 |
[01:08] | Someone’s in a mood today. | 某人今天是不是心情不好啊 |
[01:09] | I’m sorry, Niles. | 对不起 Niles |
[01:11] | You know sometimes you just find yourself getting restless? | 你有没有觉得 有时候会突然焦躁不安 |
[01:14] | I’m fearing I’m about to. | 我怕我会这样 |
[01:19] | Hello? | 你好 |
[01:20] | Yes. | 是的 |
[01:21] | Really? | 真的吗 |
[01:23] | Bravo. | 太棒了(西班牙语) |
[01:23] | Eccellente. | 太棒了(意大利语) |
[01:24] | Benissimo. | 太棒了(意大利语) |
[01:27] | You’ll never guess who that was. | 你绝对猜不到电话里是谁 |
[01:28] | The Three Tenors? | 三大男高音吗 |
[01:32] | No, that was my antique scout. | 不是 刚刚是给我搜古董的探子 |
[01:34] | The present for Maris’ birthday has arrived. | Maris的生日礼物已经到货了 |
[01:37] | I got her the most exquisite antique saddle. | 我给她买了个超精美的古董马鞍 |
[01:41] | How does it look on you? | 戴在你身上合适吗 |
[01:49] | You won’t laugh when you see it. | 你看到它就不会想开玩笑了 |
[01:51] | It is bejewelled, but not overdone, much like my Maris. | 镶了钻 但又恰到好处 就像我的Maris |
[01:54] | The craftsmanship is breathtaking. | 工匠的手艺真的很妙 |
[01:56] | It’s been so expertly restored, you can barely see the stitching. | 修复得很好 几乎看不到针脚的痕迹 |
[01:59] | Again, like Maris. | 就和Maris一样”完好无缺” |
[02:03] | Someone is in a mood today. | 看来有人是真的心情不好 |
[02:04] | Get it. | 知道了 |
[02:05] | I’ll get this. | 我来付吧 |
[02:05] | Oh, thank you, Niles. | 哦 谢啦 Niles |
[02:07] | You know, perhaps you’d better run along to the wine club | 也许今晚你得自己去 |
[02:09] | on your own tonight. | 葡萄酒俱乐部了 |
[02:10] | What? | 为什么 |
[02:11] | Well, it’ll just be the same old faces, | 就算去了 也是面对一些老面孔 |
[02:13] | rehashing the same boring topics. | 老调重弹罢了 |
[02:15] | You’re more upset than I realised. | 我没想到你这么烦 |
[02:17] | Let’s do something to get your mind off it. | 让我们找点事让你开心一下 |
[02:18] | Dinner? | 晚餐 |
[02:19] | Chamber music? | 室内音乐会 |
[02:21] | There’s a wonderful lecture series | 有个特别棒的系列讲座 |
[02:22] | on the history of modern lecture series. | 主题是现代系列讲座的历史 |
[02:26] | I’m sorry, i don’t think so. | 不好意思 还是算了吧 |
[02:28] | You know, I guess I just feel like being on my own tonight. | 今晚我还是想自己呆着 |
[02:30] | You don’t mind, do you? | 你不介意吧 |
[02:31] | Of course not. | 当然不介意 |
[02:31] | I’ll just see you at Cucina for lunch tomorrow. | 那就明天午餐时在意庐餐厅见吧 |
[02:33] | Well, maybe we ought to play that by ear as well. | 那个也到时候再说吧 |
[02:36] | As you wish. | 随你便吧 |
[02:37] | You’re not upset, are you? | 你不会不高兴吧 |
[02:38] | Frasier, i’d have to have a pretty fragile ego to be upset | Frasier 如果我因为你想独处而不高兴 |
[02:40] | just because you want to take some time away from me. | 那我的自我意识得多脆弱啊 |
[02:42] | Is this ready? | 付款吗 |
[02:43] | Separate checks, please. | 我们各付各的 |
[02:48] | Hey, Marty, we’re getting hungry out here. | 嘿 Marty 我们快饿死了 |
[02:50] | It’s coming. Alright, here we go: | 马上就好了 好了 差不多了 |
[02:54] | Cold cuts, pizza rolls, | 冷盘 披萨卷 |
[02:56] | deviled eggs, pork roll-ups, all right. | 芥末蛋 猪肉卷 都齐了 |
[02:59] | Yes, | 是啊 |
[03:00] | it’s the ideal buffet for a group of heavy-set men over 60. | 这对60岁的胖子们来说 真是最理想的自助餐 |
[03:05] | I assume everyone’s affairs are in order? | 接下来就是给每人来点风流韵事吗 |
[03:09] | Well, we’re about ready to start our poker game. | 我们的扑克大战马上就要开始了 |
[03:12] | Don’t worry, Mr. Crane, i’ll be on my way in a minute. | 别急 Crane先生 我马上就走 |
[03:14] | OK. | 好的 |
[03:17] | – Well, We’re about ready to start… – I heard you, Dad. | – 我们马上就 – 我听到了 爸爸 |
[03:21] | I’m trying to figure out what I’m gonna do with myself this evening. | 只不过我还没想好今晚干什么 |
[03:24] | You know, my old routine doesn’t seem to satisfy me anymore. | 我不想再参加以前的活动了 |
[03:26] | I’m trying to think of something new. | 我想尝试点新东西 |
[03:27] | Oh, I know. Maybe I could… | 这样吧 要不我就 |
[03:30] | join you and the guys for some cards, eh? | 加入你们的扑克大战吧 |
[03:31] | Oh, I don’t know about that, Frasier. | 不知道诶 Frasier |
[03:33] | I don’t think you’d fit in. | 我觉得你可能融入不了我们 |
[03:34] | Why not? Roz is playing. | 为什么不能啊 Roz也和你们一起玩 |
[03:35] | Roz is one of the guys. She knows more dirty jokes than Duke. | Roz跟我们没啥两样 她的荤段子比Duke还多 |
[03:39] | If that’s the criteria, | 如果这就是你们的标准的话 |
[03:40] | I’m sure that I could tell you a tale | 我绝对能说个段子 |
[03:41] | that’d make you blush like a schoolgirl. | 让你们脸红得像女学生一样 |
[03:43] | That’s what I’m afraid of. | 我就是怕会这样 |
[03:45] | Oh, Let him play. It can’t hurt anything. | 让他玩吧 没什么大不了的 |
[03:48] | All right. | 好吧 |
[03:48] | – Come on. – Thanks, Dad. | – 过来吧 – 谢啦 爸爸 |
[03:49] | – Here, let me get that for you. – Oh, thanks, alright. | – 我来帮你拿 – 谢啦 好嘞 |
[03:51] | Hey guys, frasier’s gonna sit in with us tonight. | 各位 今晚Frasier会加入我们 |
[03:56] | Really, You’re gonna play with us? | 真的吗 你要和我们一起玩 |
[03:58] | Why not, Roz? Don’t look so surprised. | 为什么不呢Roz 别搞得这么惊讶 |
[04:00] | ‘Sides, there’s nothing I enjoy more | 能和大家一起享受 |
[04:01] | than a good old-fashioned night with the guys. | 一个老式的美妙夜晚多好 |
[04:03] | OK, eighty-eight, everybody, seven-card stud, high and low, | 好了各位 八十八 7张牌梭哈高低 |
[04:06] | chips to win, eight flow, the wheel is no good. | 买定离手 八轮 转咯转咯 |
[04:08] | Perfect. | 很好 |
[04:09] | – No Check in rays? – Three buck limit. | – 还有人加注吗 – 三块钱为上限 |
[04:11] | Sounds good. | 听起来不错 |
[04:11] | You’re lost, aren’t you? | 你完全听不懂吧 |
[04:12] | Like a Bedouin in a sandstorm. | 就像被困在沙暴里的贝都因人 |
[04:16] | So, you guys get your all-weather tyres on yet? | 你们换上适应各种气候的轮胎了吗 |
[04:19] | I’m going to Richie’s for some bodywork afterwards. | 我刚好要去Richie那看看车身 |
[04:21] | I think I’ll let him do it. | 所以我应该就直接让他帮我弄吧 |
[04:21] | Go to Tim’s, you’ll get a free Armor All. | 去Tim那吧 有免费的汽车养护品 |
[04:23] | You ever been to Hank’s? | 你们去过Hank那吗 |
[04:24] | Now there’s a garage. | 那家店新加了个汽车修理厂 |
[04:26] | King bets, fifty cents. | 加注 55分 |
[04:27] | Yeah, I’ve been to Hank’s, | 没错 我去过Hank那 |
[04:28] | right next to Mike’s Hardware, right? | 就在Mike五金边上 对吗 |
[04:29] | I was in Mike’s the other day, | 我有天去了Mike那 |
[04:30] | they got those new cordless drills. | 他们新进了一批无线电钻 |
[04:32] | You still go to Mike’s? | 你还去Mike那 |
[04:33] | You ought to try Tommy’s. | 你必须试试Tommy那儿 |
[04:35] | They give away free battery testers with any purchase. | 无论买什么都能免费送电池检测器 |
[04:37] | I’m out. | 我不玩了 |
[04:40] | Ok, thanks for the money. | 好吧 谢谢你贡献的钱哦 |
[04:41] | Well, that was a bust. | 简直糟透了 |
[04:43] | Be glad you got out before the debate begins over | 幸好你在他们吵谁在荒岛上会更有趣 |
[04:46] | who’d be more fun on a desert island, | 之前就退出来了 |
[04:48] | Angie Dickinson or Ursula Andress? | 是Angie Dickinson 还是Ursula Andress |
[04:51] | That is ludicrous. It’s Angie Dickinson. | 这也太荒唐了 当然是Angie Dickinson |
[04:55] | You know, Dr. Crane. I know it’s none of my business, but… | Crane医生 我知道这不关我的事 但是 |
[04:59] | oh, never mind. | 啊 还是算了 |
[05:00] | No, no, no, no, go ahead. | 没事 你说吧 |
[05:03] | Perhaps you’ve been feeling restless lately, maybe because of a lack of, | 也许你觉得焦躁不安 是因为缺少 |
[05:06] | you know, female companionship. So I thought… | 呃 女人的陪伴 所以我想 |
[05:08] | Oh, dear. | 哦 亲爱的 |
[05:09] | Just listen! | 你先听我说完 |
[05:10] | I’m meeting my friend Clare for drinks tonight | 我今晚约我的朋友Clare喝一杯 |
[05:12] | and she’s complained of feeling restless… | 她最近也总是抱怨心烦意乱 |
[05:14] | Stop right there. | 打住 |
[05:16] | I think by now you’d know my policy on fix-ups. | 我想你应该已经知道我对联谊的要求 |
[05:18] | She’s pretty, she’s lonely, and she’s an underwear model. | 她很漂亮 她非常寂寞 还是内衣模特 |
[05:21] | So you do know my policy. Off we go. | 你果然知道我的要求 马上走吧 |
[05:33] | Say hello to the Fox and Whistle. | 这里就是狐狸与哨子 |
[05:35] | You point her out, and I will. | 你把她指给我看 我会马上吹口哨的 |
[05:38] | Hey, love, Give us a kiss. | 嘿 亲爱的 来个吻吧 |
[05:40] | I hope he’s talking to you. | 我希望他是在跟你说话 |
[05:41] | Evening, all. | 大家晚上好啊 |
[05:43] | Daphne Daphne! | |
[05:44] | Oh, there’s Clare now. | 这就是Clare |
[05:46] | Oh, my my, she’s everything you said she was. | 天呐 她跟你说的完全没差 |
[05:48] | I’m engaged. | 我订婚了 |
[05:49] | And more. | 还是有点差别 |
[05:51] | When did this happen? | 这是什么时候的事 |
[05:52] | My old boyfriend Bob surprised me two nights ago. | 两天前 我的前男友Bob给了我个惊喜 |
[05:55] | You’ve got to meet him. He’s right over there. | 你一定得见见他 他就在那 |
[05:57] | He even brought someone you might be interested in. | 他还带了个人 说不定你会有兴趣 |
[06:00] | Oh, he is nice looking, isn’t he? | 他长得真帅啊 |
[06:04] | Coming, Pookey. | 我来啦 小可爱 |
[06:07] | I’m sorry, Dr. Crane. | 对不起 Crane医生 |
[06:08] | It seems I’ve dragged you down here for nothing. | 我把你拖到这 但你可能会一无所获 |
[06:10] | Oh, hardly. Not for you, | 没事的 如果不是你 |
[06:12] | I would’ve missed seeing | 我就会错过 |
[06:13] | the world’s most nauseating couple defend their title. | 世界上最恶心的情侣的 |
[06:17] | We can leave if you like. | 如果你想走的话我们可以走 |
[06:18] | No, no, not at all, you go talk to your friend. | 没事没事 你去和你的朋友聊天吧 |
[06:20] | I’ll have a drink. | 我去喝一杯 |
[06:21] | – You sure? – Sure. | – 你确定吗 – 当然 |
[06:22] | What do you need? | 你想喝点什么 |
[06:23] | Well, funny it is, i’ve been asking myself that same question all day, | 真有意思 我今天也一直在问自己这个问题 |
[06:26] | It seems that lately my life… | 最近 我的生活好像 |
[06:27] | I’ll come back. | 我待会儿再来 |
[06:33] | I forgot that story. | 我差点忘了那个故事 |
[06:34] | Oh geez, it still doesn’t top the time Leo and I | 天呐 还有那次我和Leon |
[06:37] | were sent to break up that fight in the strip joint. | 被安排去脱衣舞夜总会劝架 |
[06:41] | We walked in there and I’m telling ya, | 我们走进去 我告诉你 |
[06:42] | there was this one girl who… | 当时有个女孩 |
[06:43] | Hey, Marty, Marty, | 嘿 Marty Marty |
[06:45] | maybe you shouldn’t tell that particular story. | 我觉得你最好还是不要说这个故事 |
[06:47] | What? Because of Roz? | 为什么 因为Roz在吗 |
[06:48] | Oh, please, Frank. | 得了吧 Frank |
[06:50] | If I can handle the Angie-Ursula debate, | 既然我受得了关于Angie和Ursula的辩论 |
[06:51] | I think I can handle this. | 我当然也能受得了这个 |
[06:53] | But you agree with me on that one, right? | 不过你是和我一边的吧 |
[06:55] | You said you’d rather sleep with Angie. | 你说了你更喜欢和Angie一起睡 |
[06:58] | One more time, Leo. | 我再说一遍 Leo |
[06:59] | If I had to choose. | 那是在我必须选择的情况下 |
[07:05] | Hey, Leo, you start telling them that strip-joint story, all right? | 嘿 Leo 你告诉他们脱衣舞夜总会的故事吧 |
[07:08] | You guys’re gonna bust a gut. | 你们会笑得肚子疼的 |
[07:10] | Anybody else need a beer? | 还有谁要啤酒吗 |
[07:11] | Roz? | Roz你要吗 |
[07:13] | Remember? | 你忘了吗 |
[07:14] | Oh geez, I’m sorry, I forgot, yeah. | 对不起 我忘了 |
[07:16] | What’s the matter, Roz? | 怎么了 Roz |
[07:17] | Afraid you won’t be able to control yourself | 怕会在我们这群帅哥面前 |
[07:18] | with all these handsome guys here? | 控制不住自己吗 |
[07:20] | Oh, it’s a little late for that, Frank. I’m pregnant. | 这话说得有点晚了哦 Frank 我怀孕了 |
[07:22] | What, really? | 什么 真的吗 |
[07:24] | Oh, that’s great. | 太棒了 |
[07:26] | I remember when my Annie was pregnant. | 我还记得我的Annie怀孕的时候 |
[07:28] | There is nothing more beautiful than a pregnant broad. | 怀孕的小妞最美丽 |
[07:34] | You’re in for a real treat, Roz. | 你中大奖了 Roz |
[07:36] | Best thing I ever did was having kids. | 我做过的最棒的事就是生孩子 |
[07:37] | You know, from the moment you hold that brand-new baby in your arms, | 从你将孩子抱在怀里的那刻开始 |
[07:42] | your whole life changes. | 你整个人生都不一样了 |
[07:43] | You’re right about that. | 你说得对 |
[07:44] | What about when they grab your fingers with those little hands, oh geez, | 还有 当他们用小手抓住你的手指时 |
[07:47] | that’s one of the greatest feelings there ever is. | 世界上最美妙的感觉不过如此 |
[07:49] | The joys of seeing them look up at you and smile. | 还有看到他们抬头看你笑时的喜悦 |
[07:52] | Cherish every moment, Roz. | 珍惜相处的每分每秒 Roz |
[07:54] | He’s right. One minute they’re on your lap, | 他说得对 上一刻他们还坐在你的腿上 |
[07:56] | you’re the whole world. | 你就是他们的全世界 |
[07:57] | Next thing they’re grown up, | 下一刻 他们就长大了 |
[07:58] | out of the door with lives of their own. | 离开了你 拥有了自己的生活 |
[08:01] | And it’s just you, old and alone in an empty house. | 然后就只剩下了你 孤独地和一间空房子慢慢变老 |
[08:06] | So empty. | 太空了 |
[08:15] | Leo, I don’t think you told that story right. | Leo 我觉得你没好好说那个故事 |
[08:20] | I think that Steven likes you. | 我觉得Steven喜欢你 |
[08:22] | I hope so. He’s adorable. | 我希望是 他好帅 |
[08:24] | I must say i was flattered when he assumed | 不得不说 他说以为我也是内衣模特的时候 |
[08:26] | I was an underwear model too. | 我很开心 |
[08:27] | I noticed you didn’t rush to correct him. | 我发现你也没澄清啊 |
[08:29] | There’ll be time for that after the wedding. | 婚礼后还有大把的时间可以说啦 |
[08:33] | Oh, maybe I should just tell Dr. Crane to run along home. | 也许我该让Crane医生先回家 |
[08:36] | I’m surprised you even brought your boss down here, | 你居然把你的老板带来了 |
[08:38] | I could never relax around mine. | 要是我老板在这 我永远都不会放松 |
[08:40] | What if he took a liking to the place? | 万一他喜欢上这个地方怎么办 |
[08:42] | That’s nothing I have to worry about. | 我才不担心这个呢 |
[08:44] | This pub really isn’t his style. | 这间酒吧不是他的菜 |
[08:47] | *Zing, boom, tararrel* | *轰隆隆 轰隆隆* |
[08:50] | *Ring out a song of good cheer* | *我们欢呼 我们歌唱* |
[08:53] | *It’s time to roll out the barrel* | *是时候来滚啤酒桶* |
[08:56] | *Coz the gangs all here* | *因为大伙儿都在这儿* |
[09:02] | Daphne, come and sing a song with us. | Daphne 快来和我们一起唱歌 |
[09:04] | Well, actually… | 这 其实 |
[09:05] | Oh, you’re not shy about singing in the house. | 别害羞嘛 你在家不是唱得挺好的 |
[09:07] | You two live together? | 你们两个住一起 |
[09:08] | Yeah, she’s my dad’s healthcare worker. | 是啊 她是照顾我爸爸的护工 |
[09:10] | I thought you’re model underwear. | 我以为你是内衣模特 |
[09:11] | No! Only if her robes aren’t stitched up tight enough! | 当然不是 除非她的浴袍缝得不够紧 |
[09:16] | Steven Steven. | |
[09:17] | Come on, Frasier, | 好了 Frasier |
[09:18] | we’re going to do “Knees Up Mother Brown”. | 我们接下来得唱<狂欢吧布妈妈> |
[09:20] | I don’t know “Knees Up Mother Brown”. | 我没听过<狂欢吧布妈妈> |
[09:21] | Hey, I know it. | 嘿 我知道了 |
[09:22] | Let’s bring some sheet music tomorrow night. | 明晚我们带点乐谱来 |
[09:24] | – Tomorrow? – Yes! | – 明天 – 对啊 |
[09:25] | You can’t. I mean, | 不行 我的意思是 |
[09:27] | do you know you have that gallery opening tomorrow? | 你知不知道明天要去参加画廊开幕式 |
[09:29] | No, but if you hum a few bars, i’ll try to pick it up. | 不知道 不过如果你哼几段 我会去的 |
[09:31] | *Roll out the barrel* | *来滚啤酒桶吧* |
[09:34] | *Roll out the barrel* | *来滚啤酒桶吧* |
[09:35] | *Roll out the barrel* | *来滚啤酒桶吧* |
[09:42] | Hey, Sherry. Daphne’s finally clearing out for a night. | 嘿 Sherry Daphne今晚不在 |
[09:45] | Why don’t you come over? | 要不你过来吧 |
[09:46] | I’ll, er, you know, get a fire going, | 我会 呃 把火点好 |
[09:49] | open up a bottle of bubbly, | 开一瓶香槟 |
[09:51] | put a little Bobby Darin on the stereo, | 放点Bobby Darin的歌 |
[09:55] | and then “Look out, Macky’s back in town”. | 小心哦 Macky又回来了 |
[10:01] | Yeah, I thought it up before I called you. | 没错 我给你打电话之前就想好了 |
[10:02] | What’s the difference? | 有什么区别吗 |
[10:05] | OK, see you soon. | 好的 待会儿见 |
[10:08] | Wow, Daphne, don’t you look beautiful. | 哇 Daphne 你看上去真漂亮 |
[10:10] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[10:11] | It’s so nice to finally have my pub back again. | 今晚我的酒吧又恢复原样了 |
[10:14] | At least for a night. | 太好了 至少能让我享受一晚 |
[10:15] | You are sure Dr. Crane has plans? | 你确定Crane医生今晚来不了吧 |
[10:17] | Oh, yeah, Niles called, they’re going to the opera. | 没错 Niles打了电话 他们要去看歌剧 |
[10:20] | Let’s hope it’s one of those long German ones. | 希望是那种特别长的德国歌剧 |
[10:22] | I don’t want him showing up for last call. | 我可不想在最后一轮酒时看到他 |
[10:24] | Right. | 是啊 |
[10:26] | Good evening, Daphne. Wow, you look smashing. | 晚上好 Daphne 哇 你看起来光芒四射 |
[10:28] | Oh, thanks. I was just on my way out. | 谢啦 我刚好准备出门 |
[10:30] | What? To the Fox and Whistle? | 什么 去狐狸与哨子吗 |
[10:31] | I’ll go with you! | 我和你一起去 |
[10:32] | Let me just grab | 我去拿 |
[10:33] | “me mack and me brolly” and “Bob’s your uncle”! | <麦克和阳伞> 和<鲍勃叔叔>的乐谱 |
[10:35] | But wait, i thought you were going to the opera with your brother. | 等会 你不是要和你弟弟去看歌剧吗 |
[10:39] | Oh, no, no, that’s tomorrow night. | 没有啦 我们约的明天晚上 |
[10:40] | Gee, I hope Winston’s at the pub. I owe him five quid the other night. | 我希望Winston在酒吧 我那晚还欠了他5磅 |
[10:44] | Suddenly I’m not feeling so well. | 我突然觉得不太舒服 |
[10:45] | Oh, really? I hope it’s not that flu that’s going around. | 真的吗 希望不是最近四处流窜的流感 |
[10:49] | I think I’ll stay home tonight. | 我想我今晚还是呆在家吧 |
[10:50] | Yes, that’s probably for the best. | 对 这样最好 |
[10:52] | Got to be careful what you bring down to the pub with you. | 你得小心 别把什么都带到酒吧去了 |
[10:54] | Tell me about it. | 说得太对了 |
[10:57] | Hello, Niles. | 你好 Niles |
[10:58] | Frasier Frasier. | |
[11:00] | Something the matter? | 出什么事了吗 |
[11:01] | Oh, I, er, had a rough night last night. | 我昨晚过得很不开心 |
[11:03] | How so? | 为什么这么说 |
[11:05] | I gave Maris her birthday saddle. | 我把马鞍送给Maris了 |
[11:09] | She was so thrilled | 她特别开心 |
[11:10] | she treated me to a little Lady Godiva impression. | 就给我摆了个Godiva夫人的姿势 让我高兴 |
[11:12] | Oh, my! | 哇 |
[11:14] | Apparently, the oils in the saddle | 但是 马鞍上的油 |
[11:16] | reacted badly with her cellulite cream. | 和她的消脂霜发生了剧烈的化学反应 |
[11:20] | It created a powerful epoxy. | 产生了威力强大的环氧基树脂 |
[11:24] | – Oh, dear. – Yes. | – 哦 老天 – 没错 |
[11:26] | It took an hour | 我们花了整整一小时 |
[11:27] | and a full bottle of nail polish remover to get her free. | 用完一瓶卸甲油 才把她弄下来 |
[11:31] | Today her poor little thighs were so raw | 今天她的大腿变得特别干 |
[11:33] | the only way she could find comfort was to | 唯一能让她舒服一点的办法就是 |
[11:35] | straddle a frozen Butterball turkey. | 跨坐在冷冻的黄油火鸡上 |
[11:43] | The only thing that cheered me up all day | 这一整天唯一能让我开心点的事 |
[11:44] | was the thought of the opera tonight. | 就是今晚能去看歌剧 |
[11:47] | Oh, that’s tomorrow night, Niles. | 是明天晚上吧 Niles |
[11:48] | Oh no, no, it’s tonight. I have the tickets right here. | 不 是今晚 票就在我身上 |
[11:51] | Oh, no. | 哦 这下坏了 |
[11:54] | Is there a problem? | 有什么问题吗 |
[11:55] | Yes. There’s a billiard tournament at the pub tonight. | 对啊 今晚酒吧有场台球比赛 |
[11:59] | You’re passing up “Orpheus and Eurydice” | 你要抛下<俄耳甫斯与欧律狄刻> |
[12:01] | to shoot pool at a sticky-floored saloon? | 就为了去连地板都黏糊糊的沙龙打台球 |
[12:03] | well, my partner, Terrence | 我的搭档Terrence |
[12:06] | has agreed to skip a family wedding just to participate, | 为了参加比赛都不去参加亲戚的婚礼 |
[12:09] | I can’t leave him in the lurch. | 我不能丢下他不管啊 |
[12:10] | Is there somebody else can take my place? | 能不能让别人能陪你去啊 |
[12:13] | At this point I just so need to be by myself. | 现在我就想一个人呆着 |
[12:15] | My brother has abandoned me. My wife is cursing my name. | 我哥哥抛弃了我 我妻子在骂我 |
[12:18] | Tonight, when Orpheus descends into hell, | 今晚 当俄耳甫斯下到地狱里 |
[12:20] | I’ll be waiting for him with a fruit basket. | 我会提着水果篮在那欢迎他 |
[12:22] | Oh, Niles! You can’t stay mad at me. | Niles 你不会生我气的 |
[12:25] | I promise I’ll make it up to you. Press for the lift, will you? | 我发誓我会补偿你的 帮我按电梯 好吗 |
[12:28] | Oh, don’t look at me that way. That’s what they call it. | 别这样看我嘛 英国人就是这么说的 |
[12:49] | Ah, baby… | 啊 宝贝 |
[12:59] | Why is it so bloody dark in here? | 怎么这么黑 |
[13:02] | It’s bad enough I have to stay home all evening, | 整晚得呆在家已经够糟糕了 |
[13:03] | I’m not going blind as well. | 我才不要变成瞎子 |
[13:05] | What? You’re staying in tonight? | 什么 你今晚呆在家 |
[13:07] | I don’t have much choice, | 我没得选啊 |
[13:08] | since that son of yours decided to go to my pub again. | 因为你儿子又要去我的酒吧 |
[13:11] | I mean, imagine being so dense | 我都想象不到 |
[13:13] | that he can completely ruin someone else’s evening | 他毁了别人的夜晚 |
[13:15] | and not even be aware of it. | 自己却毫不知情 |
[13:17] | This wax is dripping. | 蜡烛在滴蜡 |
[13:22] | Have you tried maybe dropping a hint? | 你有试过暗示他吗 |
[13:26] | Believe me, I’ve dropped plenty. They go right over his head. | 相信我 我不停地暗示 他完全没听进去 |
[13:30] | I’ll have a glass of that. | 我也要来一杯 |
[13:31] | What?! | 什么 |
[13:32] | Well, Daphne, I’ve got to level with you. Sherry’s coming over | Daphne我得对你说实话 Sherry今天晚上要过来 |
[13:35] | and I really hoped to have the place to myself tonight. | 我真的很希望今晚只有我一个人在家 |
[13:39] | You know, I really think you gotta talk to Frasier, | 我觉得你真得和Frasier谈谈 |
[13:41] | and I’m not just saying this | 我不是想你赶紧离开这 |
[13:42] | because I want you to get the hell out of here! | 才这么说的 |
[13:45] | It’s your pub and you ought to tell him | 既然是你的酒吧 你就得告诉他 |
[13:47] | that he’s got to find his own place. | 让他去找个自己的驻扎地 |
[13:48] | I can’t say that. | 我不能这么说 |
[13:50] | The longer you let it go, the more attached he’s gonna get to that place. | 你越不开口 他就越离不开那家酒吧 |
[13:53] | But he’s my boss. | 但是他是我的老板 |
[13:54] | But it’s your pub. | 可那是你的酒吧啊 |
[13:58] | OK. That’s it. I’m gonna go and talk to him. | 好吧 没错 我要去和他谈谈 |
[14:02] | Good for you. | 很好 |
[14:07] | Hello? | 你好 |
[14:10] | No, Maris, sorry, you just missed him. | 不在 Maris 他刚走 |
[14:13] | Why are your teeth chattering? | 为什么你牙齿在打颤 |
[14:20] | You’re kidding me. Can’t you just use the defroster? | 你在开玩笑吧 你就不能用除霜器吗 |
[14:28] | Oh gee Terrence, I… | 天呐 Terrence 我 |
[14:30] | never dreamed we’d be eliminated from the tournament | 从没想过我们会在台球比赛的第一轮 |
[14:32] | in the first round. | 就被刷下来了 |
[14:35] | Guess I’m a little rustier than I thought. | 看来我技艺退步了啊 |
[14:37] | Hey, maybe you can still make that wedding reception. | 嘿 你应该还能赶上婚礼宴席 |
[14:40] | It’s in Liverpool. | 婚礼在利物浦 |
[14:43] | Well, then, these are on me. | 那 好吧 我请你喝酒 |
[14:46] | Hey, it’s Daphne. | 嘿 是Daphne诶 |
[14:47] | Hello, love. | 你好呀 亲爱的 |
[14:48] | Evening, all. | 大家晚上好 |
[14:50] | Dr. Crane, I have to talk to you. | Crane医生 我有些话想跟你说 |
[14:52] | By all means, Daphne. | 尽管说吧 Daphne |
[14:54] | Oh, winston, let’s have one of these pints for Miss Moon, please. | Winston 请给Moon小姐也来杯这种酒 |
[14:59] | Oh, this is a really nice surprise, Daphne, | 你能来太好了 Daphne |
[15:01] | you must be feeling better. | 你应该觉得好多了吧 |
[15:02] | Here we are. You make a toast. | 来吧 你来说祝酒词 |
[15:05] | I don’t want you coming down here ever again. | 我不希望你再来这间酒吧 |
[15:09] | Well, I guess “here’s mud in your eye” kinda mean the first time, too. | 我想 “干杯” 也能祝酒吧 |
[15:15] | I’m sorry if that sounds harsh | 我很抱歉也许这句话听起来很刺耳 |
[15:17] | but I don’t know what else to do. | 但是我不知道还有什么别的办法 |
[15:19] | This pub is where I come to get away from things- | 每次来这酒吧都能让我逃离烦心事 |
[15:21] | including my job and you are my boss. | 工作上的事也一样 而你是我的老板 |
[15:24] | Daphne, I am so sorry. | Daphne 对不起 |
[15:27] | I know that must sound selfish. | 我知道我听起来很自私 |
[15:28] | No, not at all. | 不会的 一点都不 |
[15:31] | You know, back in Boston I had… | 你知道吗 我还在波士顿的时候 |
[15:32] | a bar like this one. | 也有一间常去的酒吧 |
[15:34] | I certainly understand what it’s like to have a place where you can get away. | 我能懂拥有一间避难所的感觉 |
[15:40] | So, | 那 |
[15:41] | we’ve just got one solution. | 只有一个解决的办法 |
[15:43] | This is your bar. I’ll just go. | 这是你的酒吧 我现在就走 |
[15:46] | I do appreciate this, Dr. Crane. | 非常感谢你 Crane医生 |
[15:49] | I know you’ve made friends here, too. | 我知道你也在这儿交了不少朋友 |
[15:51] | Yes, but I’ve only been coming here a week- you’ve got a history here! | 但我才来一个星期呢 你早就是这儿的常客啦 |
[15:54] | They’ve become like family to me. | 他们越来越像是我的家人 |
[15:56] | I’ll just settle up and go. | 我付了钱就走 |
[15:58] | Hey, who’s this stranger there. | 嘿 看看这是谁啊 |
[16:00] | Hey, I’ve not been gone that long. Two months is all. | 嘿 我也就离开了一会儿好吗 最多两个月 |
[16:03] | Who’s this pretty new girl? | 这个新来的漂亮女孩是谁 |
[16:04] | Daphne, Clare’s friend. She’s only been coming in the last month or so. | Daphne Clare的朋友 她差不多上个月才来 |
[16:08] | A month? | 一个月 |
[16:08] | Hello. Well, I’ll see you at home, Dr. Crane. | 你好 我们回家再说 Crane医生 |
[16:11] | You’ve only been coming down here a month? | 你才来了一个月 |
[16:13] | That’s still longer than you. | 比你长就行了啊 |
[16:14] | Yes, but certainly there’s no way I’m leaving now. | 没错 但这样一来我就不用走了 |
[16:17] | What? | 什么 |
[16:18] | Daphne, this bar has filled up a void in my life. | Daphne 这间酒吧填补了我空虚的人生 |
[16:19] | I’m certainly not gonna throw that away | 我当然不会因为 |
[16:20] | just because you beat me here by a fortnight. | 你就比我多来两个星期就离开这里 |
[16:22] | Stop talking like us. | 别学我们说话 |
[16:25] | Now, now, i don’t know what you two are arguing about, | 好啦好啦 虽然我不知道你俩在吵什么 |
[16:28] | but we settle things round here with a quick game of cricket. | 但在我们这 解决争论的方法就是扔飞镖 |
[16:32] | Darts? | 射飞镖 |
[16:33] | Yeah, rules are on the board. | 没错 规则就在板子上 |
[16:35] | There’s got to be a better way than that. | 应该有更好的办法吧 |
[16:36] | Well, I don’t know. It’s decisive. | 我也不知道 扔飞镖很快 |
[16:39] | It’s better than standing around here bickering. | 总比站在这里吵来吵去要好得多 |
[16:42] | It’s not exactly my game. | 我基本上不玩飞镖 |
[16:43] | It’s not mine either. | 我也不玩啊 |
[16:45] | Well, all right, let’s try it. | 好吧 那就试试吧 |
[16:47] | You shoot first, Daphne. | 你先来 Daphne |
[16:50] | You know, I’m rather proud of us. | 你知道吗 我还挺为我俩感到自豪的 |
[16:52] | Here we are, two people in conflict, | 虽然我们之间有矛盾 |
[16:53] | We found a civilised way to settle it. | 但我们能用文明的方法来解决 |
[16:58] | Oh, my. | 哇 |
[16:59] | Is that good? | 我扔得好吗 |
[17:00] | Quite good. | 相当好 |
[17:01] | Lucky shot, then. | 那是我运气好 |
[17:07] | Daphne, if I didn’t know better, | Daphne 如果我不了解你 |
[17:08] | I’d think you were trying to hustle me. | 我会以为你说没玩过是骗我的 |
[17:10] | Oh, not at all. I may have played a game or two of feathers | 当然没有 不过我可能确实在学生时代 |
[17:14] | in my day. | 小小地玩过一两次 |
[17:14] | A game or two? | 一两次 |
[17:17] | You’ve just made about the most difficult shot on the entire board. | 你刚刚射中的可是最难中的地方啊 |
[17:19] | Actually, that’s only the second most difficult. | 其实 那只是第二难中的地方 |
[17:23] | That’s the most difficult. | 这才是最难射中的地方 |
[17:25] | Come to think of it, | 我突然想起来了 |
[17:26] | there might have been a dartboard in that bar in Boston. | 波士顿的那间酒吧里好像也有个镖靶 |
[17:32] | Wow, Look at that. It’s all tied up. | 哇 看呐 我赢定了 |
[17:35] | Yes, who would have guessed those hands are so skilled. | 是啊 谁要知道你技术那么好 |
[17:38] | Certainly no one who’s sampled your corned beef hash. | 他肯定没尝过你做的咸牛肉土豆泥 |
[17:47] | I score again, hahaha. | 我又得分(泡到妞)了 |
[17:49] | That’s not something we hear out of your mouth very often! | 倒是很少听到你说这句话哦 |
[18:00] | You don’t want to rush this one. | 看准哦 别急 |
[18:04] | A lot riding on this shot. | 这一镖可是关键一步 |
[18:06] | There’s such a thing as sportsmanship. | 有点运动精神好吗 |
[18:08] | Oh, really? | 是吗 |
[18:09] | This from a woman who made armpit noises during my last round. | 你刚才用腋窝制造噪音干扰我 还有脸说这句话 |
[18:14] | Sod! | 该死 |
[18:16] | Oh, I am sorry, Daphne. | 对不起哦 Daphne |
[18:19] | Now all I have to do is make this relatively simple shot, | 现在我只要随便扔扔就好了 |
[18:21] | that’s of course unless you’d like to concede defeat. | 除非你认输哦 |
[18:23] | Oh, that’s typical American arrogance. | 你这是典型的美国式傲慢自大 |
[18:26] | We Brits don’t know the meaning of the word “defeat”. | 我们英国人的字典里没有失败两个字 |
[18:29] | Oh, really? | 哦 真的吗 |
[18:29] | Then I suppose you’re not acquainted with the spat | 那你们也不知道”口角”是什么意思吧 |
[18:31] | we refer to as the Revolutionary War. | 它就是我们所说的美国独立战争 |
[18:34] | Out of my way. | 让开 |
[18:37] | Oh, just like a Yank, | 果然是美国佬 |
[18:39] | insulting us Brits to cover up your inferiority complex. | 靠侮辱英国人来掩饰你们的自卑感 |
[18:44] | What exactly should we feel inferior about? | 我们到底应该为什么感到自卑 |
[18:46] | Your pioneering work in the field of soccer hooliganism? | 你们在足球流氓界的创举吗 |
[18:52] | Oh, say your worst. | 哦 随便你怎么说 |
[18:54] | We both know there isn’t as much dignity in this entire country | 我们都清楚 就算你们整个国家的自尊加起来 |
[18:57] | as our Queen’s got in her little finger. | 也没我们女王的小指头的多 |
[18:59] | Oh yes, you’ve really bested me there, | 哦 对哦 你说得也是 |
[19:00] | what could be more dignified | 谁会比那个又老又小 |
[19:01] | than a dainty old sandbag | 还在头上戴花盆的沙袋 |
[19:03] | who wears a flowerpot on her head! | 更有自尊呢 |
[19:05] | Ah, I win. | 啊 我赢了 |
[19:07] | The bar is mine. | 这间酒吧是我的啦 |
[19:10] | Oh, lose the long faces, lads. I’m staying. | 别拉长个脸啊 伙计们 我不走了 |
[19:15] | Oh good Lord, I hope you didn’t take | 老天 你们别把我刚才 |
[19:17] | those little barbs about the motherland seriously! | 说的胡话当真了啊 |
[19:19] | Perhaps you’d better leave now. | 你最好还是马上离开这里 |
[19:20] | Oh, no, Daphne’ll tell you | 别啊 Daphne可以告诉你们 |
[19:21] | there’s no greater Anglophile than I. | 没有比我更称职的亲英派了 |
[19:23] | No, really, i have all my suits made at Savile Row. | 说真的 我的西装都是在萨维尔街订做的 |
[19:26] | You know, I spell “Colour” With a “U”. | 我拼”颜色”这个单词的时候还会加上U |
[19:36] | Hello, Niles. | 你好呀 Niles |
[19:38] | Well, look who’s here. Take a wrong turn on the way to the pub? | 看谁来了 去酒吧的路上转错弯了吗 |
[19:43] | Actually, that scene has grown tiresome | 事实上 那里越来越无聊了 |
[19:47] | and I… I miss this place. | 而且 我 我想念这里 |
[19:50] | I’ve spoken to Daphne. | 我跟Daphne通过电话了 |
[19:52] | I take it “it’s over” over there? | 你不受欢迎了吧 |
[19:58] | You don’t have to rub it in. | 你没必要再戳我痛处了 |
[20:00] | Anyway, i know I owe you an apology for the other night, | 不管怎样 我知道我还欠你一声抱歉 |
[20:02] | so, here. | 给 |
[20:06] | I brought you a peace offering. | 我给你买了个谢罪的礼物 |
[20:09] | “Orpheus and Eurydice”. | <俄耳甫斯与欧律狄刻> |
[20:11] | Thank you, Frasier. | 谢谢你 Frasier |
[20:12] | The Glyndebourne production. | 是格莱德堡歌剧院出版的 |
[20:14] | I don’t have this one. | 我没有这个版本 |
[20:15] | You’re going to love it! | 你会爱死它的 |
[20:16] | The Chorus of the Furies is particularly moving, | 复仇女神三姐妹的合唱特别感人 |
[20:18] | and Janet Baker’s Act Three aria is… | 而且Janet Baker第三幕的独唱实在是 |
[20:20] | …is quite simply the best contralto solo I’ve ever heard. | 我听过的最棒的女低音独唱 |
[20:24] | Thank you, Frasier. | 谢谢 Frasier |
[20:26] | I don’t have”Orpheus and Eurydice” on eight-track yet. | 我还没有磁带版的<俄耳甫斯与欧律狄刻>呢 |
[20:30] | But I’m surprised to see you. | 不过看到你真是太惊讶了 |
[20:32] | No woodworking club today? | 今天不用参加木工俱乐部吗 |
[20:35] | To tell you the truth, i’ve grown tired of that crowd | 跟你实话说吧 我越来越烦那群人了 |
[20:39] | with their stupid bookends and birdhouses. | 还有那些愚蠢的书立和鸟窝 |
[20:42] | As soon as I’ve finished slacking my shoe trees, i’m out of there. | 只要做完鞋撑 我就马上退出 |
[20:46] | – You got thrown out, didn’t you? – I did not. | – 你被赶出来了吧 – 我没有 |
[20:47] | Frasier, I can see right through you. | Frasier 我能看穿你 |
[20:49] | What? Are you a psychiatrist? | 怎么 你是心理医生吗 |
[20:50] | Oh no, I’m not a psychiatrist, | 我虽然不是心理医生 |
[20:51] | but I can see it in your face… | 但是我能从你的表情看出来 |
[20:52] | – You got kicked out, didn’t you? – Oh, no, | – 你被赶出来了 – 怎么可能 |
[20:53] | don’t be ridiculous. | 别傻了 |
[20:54] | – Why would they throw me out? – …I’m not being ridiculous… | – 我怎么会被赶出来 – 我才不傻呢 |