时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:09] | Well, that’s all the time we have, Seattle. | 今天的节目就到这里 西雅图 |
[00:12] | This is Dr Frasier Crane | 我是Frasier Crane医生 |
[00:13] | wishing you good afternoon and good mental health. | 愿你有个美妙的下午 顺祝身心安康 |
[00:18] | Frasier,if I ask your opinion about something, | Frasier 如果我问你点事 |
[00:20] | will you give me an honest answer | 你能如实作答 |
[00:22] | and not just tell me what you think I want to hear? | 而不违心奉迎吗 |
[00:23] | Absolutely, Roz. Any time. All you have to do is ask. | 当然了 Roz 你问就是了 |
[00:32] | – I knew it. – No, I’m just kidding. I love it. | – 我就知道 – 没有啦 只是开玩笑 我挺喜欢的 |
[00:35] | – Really? – Yes, it looks great. | – 真的吗 – 真的 挺好看的 |
[00:36] | – Are you sure? – Trust me. | – 你确定 – 相信我 |
[00:38] | OK. It’s just in my condition I’m a little insecure. | 好吧 我现在的情况 让我很不自信 |
[00:42] | You know, every time I see something cute in the window, | 每次看见橱窗里那些可爱的东西 |
[00:44] | I remember how I look and I think “no way”. | 一想起来现在我这挫样 顿时就兴味索然了 |
[00:48] | – Here we go again. – Gosh, that’s my cousin. | – 又来了 – 天 是我表弟 |
[00:51] | Nikos, what are you doing here? | Nikos 你怎么来了 |
[00:53] | I was in the neighbourhood. I thought I’d stop by! | 我碰巧在附近 就过来看看你 |
[00:54] | It’s great to see you. My God, it’s been ages. | 见到你真好 都好几年没见了 |
[00:57] | I’d like you to meet my producer Roz Doyle. | 这是我的制作人Roz Doyle |
[01:00] | This is Nikos, my father’s brother’s son. | 这是Nikos 我叔叔家的儿子 |
[01:03] | I would’ve never pegged you for a Crane. | 真看不出你是Crane家的人 |
[01:04] | Oh, well, he’s half Greek. He gets his looks from his mom. | 哦 他有一半希腊血统 外表随他母亲 |
[01:07] | I’ll bet he gets looks from lots of women. | 估计不少女人也想让儿子外表随他 |
[01:10] | Roz Roz! | |
[01:11] | It’s nice to meet you. | 很高兴认识你 |
[01:12] | Yeah, you too. You know, I never knew Frasier had a cousin. | 我也是 我从来都不知道Frasier有个表弟 |
[01:15] | I think he’s ashamed of me. | 可能是因为他以我为耻吧 |
[01:16] | Why else would he turn down an invitation to my wedding? | 要不我结婚他怎么都不愿意来呢 |
[01:19] | – You’re getting married? – Yeah, on Saturday. | – 你要结婚了 – 是啊 就这周六 |
[01:22] | Don’t tell me you didn’t get the invitation. | 别告诉我你没收到请柬 |
[01:23] | Well, no, it’s the first I’m hearing of it! | 我真没收到 压根不知道有这回事 |
[01:25] | I knew it. I knew Mom wasn’t telling the truth. | 我就知道 老妈一定没说实话 |
[01:27] | She said she never heard back from you. | 她说你没回信 |
[01:29] | She must still be nursing that grudge. | 她一定还怀恨在心 |
[01:30] | Uh-oh, this sounds like,you know,personal private family stuff. | 啊哦 听起来像私密的家庭内部矛盾 |
[01:34] | So, what’s this grudge you’re talking about? | 所以 她怀的是什么恨啊 |
[01:38] | Oh, it’s all so silly. | 特别二缺的事 |
[01:39] | Mom has never forgiven Frasier | 就因为Frasier给了我一些就业建议 |
[01:40] | for some career advice he gave me. | 老妈一直耿耿于怀 |
[01:42] | And, trust me, he saved me from going down the wrong path. | 可是 如果不是他 我就入错行了 |
[01:45] | Thank you, Nikos. I certainly hate to miss this wedding. | 承蒙夸奖 Nikos 我真的不想错过你的婚礼 |
[01:50] | I wonder if there’s some way we could work this out. | 咱们想想办法看怎么解决 |
[01:51] | You want to go grab a cup of coffee? | 喝杯咖啡怎么样 |
[01:52] | – Sure. – Great. | – 成 – 走 |
[01:53] | – So, what was the wrong path? – Oh, Roz, it’s rather a long story… | – 那个 什么入错行 – Roz 这事说来话长 |
[01:56] | My folks wanted me to go to medical school. | 我父母想让我上医学院 |
[01:59] | Ah, so what path did you choose instead? | 所以后来你选了哪一行 |
[02:00] | We don’t really have the time to into all that right now… | 我们哪那么多时间聊这些陈谷子烂芝麻 |
[02:01] | I became a juggler. | 我现在是个耍把戏的 |
[02:04] | I perform on street corners. | 我一般在街角表演 |
[02:07] | I see. And all because of his advice. | 这样啊 这全是因为他的建议 |
[02:11] | Do people sometimes toss you coins? | 会有路人时不时给你点钱吗 |
[02:13] | Sure. Lots of times. | 当然啦 他们经常给 |
[02:14] | Well, here’s something you can catch them in. | 正好 你可以拿这个接硬币了 |
[02:23] | It’s all your fault. You and your damned advice! | 都是你的错 还有你那可恶的建议 |
[02:25] | Mr. Crane, Dr. Rudnik asked me to monitor your blood pressure, | Crane先生 Rudnik医生让我监测你的血压 |
[02:28] | and I’d like to get an accurate reading. | 你这么动来动去我怎么量 |
[02:30] | Stop pointing fingers. Why don’t we try to solve this problem? | 现在说这些还有什么用 我们还是想想怎么解决吧 |
[02:31] | I don’t see how! She’s a vindictive woman | 怎么解决 她是个报复心极强的女人 |
[02:33] | and she’ll keep on punishing us because of you. | 都是因为你 让我们都躺枪了 |
[02:36] | If you’d kept your big trap shut for just once in your life, | 如果你这辈子能把你那张破嘴闭上哪怕一次 |
[02:38] | my nephew would probably be a surgeon now, | 我侄子早就是外科医生了 |
[02:40] | and I’d be going to his wedding. | 而我也能参加他的婚礼了 |
[02:42] | There, now. 240 over 11. That sounds about right. | 好了 高压240低压11 倒是挺准的 |
[02:48] | Personally, I’d have loved to have gone, but this is clearly a snub | 虽然我很想去 但这明显是给我们难堪呢 |
[02:51] | and we Crane men have our pride. Right, Dad? | 而我们Crane家的人是有骨气的 是吧 老爸 |
[02:54] | Oh, stop it, Niles! You’re just afraid of seeing Cousin Yvonne, aren’t you? | Niles 得了吧 你不过是怕见到Yvonne表妹 |
[02:57] | Who’s Cousin Yvonne? | Yvonne表妹是谁 |
[02:58] | A distant cousin who has a slight crush on Niles. | 一个对Niles有点意思的远亲 |
[03:01] | A slight crush. There are cannibals who are less man-hungry. | 有点意思 食人族都没这么饥渴 |
[03:05] | That’s funny, | 有趣 |
[03:05] | I’ve always thought it would be kind of romantic to have a secret admirer. | 我一直认为有个暗恋者是挺浪漫的事 |
[03:09] | Someone who longed for me that much. | 能有个人如此渴望着我 |
[03:10] | But I do see your point, Dr. Crane. | 不过我理解你 Crane医生 |
[03:12] | When you think about it, it is kind of sick. | 仔细想想是有点恶心 |
[03:16] | Yeah. Perhaps sick is a tad judgemental. | 恶心这个词是不是有点重 |
[03:20] | I can’t believe that because of your big mouth | 因为你那张大嘴巴 |
[03:22] | Zora won’t even let me in her restaurant. | Zora甚至不让我进她的餐厅 |
[03:24] | Forcing you to go elsewhere | 还真委屈你了 |
[03:25] | when you have one of your frequent cravings | 你又不喜欢 |
[03:26] | for stuffed grape leaves and zither music. | 葡萄叶包饭和齐特琴 |
[03:30] | It’s a moot point. We’re not invited, | 这点有争议啊 再说我们也没被邀请啊 |
[03:33] | thanks to Frasier’s more-than-usually inept advice. | 多亏了Frasier非比寻常的不当建议 |
[03:35] | Can you imagine what it’s like to live in the same city as your brother | 你能想象和手足住在同一个城市 |
[03:39] | and not see him for five years? | 却五年不见的心情吗 |
[03:40] | No, but I’d like to give it a try. | 没有 不过我倒想试试 |
[03:45] | Dad, I think that we should go to this wedding. | 老爸 我觉得我们应该参加这次婚礼 |
[03:48] | – Forget it, Zora doesn’t want us there. – But Nikos wants us there. | – 算了吧 Zora不想让我们去 – 但是Nikos想啊 |
[03:51] | My God, I watched that boy grow up! | 老天爷 我看着那孩子长大 |
[03:52] | I want to be there when he gets married! | 我想参加他的婚礼 |
[03:54] | I’d like to venture an opinion here. | 我插句话 |
[03:56] | I know this doesn’t exactly concern me, | 我知道这其实与我无关 |
[03:58] | but I feel very strongly about this. | 但是我特别想说 |
[04:00] | I like zither music and I always have. | 我一直特别喜欢齐特琴 |
[04:07] | And we’re back. Listen, Dad… | 广告插播完了 老爸 听着 |
[04:10] | No. Drop it, Frasier. If my brother’s wife doesn’t see fit | 算了 Frasier 如果我弟妹觉得不该给我请柬 |
[04:14] | to send me an invitation, I am not just going to show up. | 那我就不应该出现 |
[04:18] | End of story. Case closed. That’s all she wrote. | 到此为止 终审判决 结束 |
[04:22] | Oh, stop it, Niles. There are more important issues at stake here | 够了 Niles 比起你被Yvonne雷婆调戏 |
[04:25] | than you being mauled by Yvonne the Terrible. | 我们现在面对着更重要的问题 |
[04:29] | Dad is hurt. Can’t you see that? | 老爸很伤心 你看不出来吗 |
[04:32] | He misses his brother. | 他想他弟弟了 |
[04:33] | God, it’s my fault, and I’m going to put it right. | 天 这都是我的错 我要扭转这个局面 |
[04:37] | I’m going to get in touch with Aunt Zora. | 我去联系Zora婶婶 |
[04:40] | Surely she’ll listen to reason. | 她不会一点理也不讲吧 |
[04:44] | Aunt Zora. | Zora婶婶 |
[04:48] | Well, that’s encouraging. She remembered my voice. | 很振奋人心啊 她还记得我的声音 |
[04:53] | Frasier, just give up. | Frasier 放弃吧 |
[04:55] | No. She can’t avoid me if I go down and meet her face-to-face. | 不 如果我和她面对面 她就不能不理我了 |
[04:58] | I’m going to go to that restaurant. | 我要去她餐厅找她 |
[05:00] | – Do you have a death wish? She’ll eat you alive! – I’m not afraid of her. | – 你不要命了 她会活吞了你的 – 我才不怕她 |
[05:03] | Everyone is! Have you forgotten the family legend that | 每个人都怕她 你忘了家族里的传言了吗 |
[05:07] | when Hitler invaded Greece, she joined the partisans | 希特勒侵略希腊的时候 她参加了游击队 |
[05:09] | – just so she could strangle Nazis? – I have never believed that. | – 勒死了好多纳粹 – 我从来没信过 |
[05:13] | She would have been five years old at the time. | 她那时候也就五岁 |
[05:15] | That’s why the legend says they were strangled with jump ropes. | 所以他们说那些人是被跳绳勒死的啊 |
[05:18] | Stop it! | 够了 |
[05:31] | Dimitri, pick up your order. Don’t make me hurt you again. | Dimitri 赶快给客人上菜 别再逼我出手哈 |
[05:43] | Aunt Zora, I realise I’m not the most welcome person here but… | Zora婶婶 我知道我不是很受欢迎 |
[05:50] | It is not fair to take my mistake out | 但是因为我的错而去惩罚你老公和我父亲 |
[05:52] | on your husband or my father. | 是不公平的 |
[05:54] | – They didn’t do anything. – More pepper. | – 他们什么都没干 – 多放辣椒 |
[05:57] | You have a wedding coming up. You should be joyous. | 您马上要娶媳妇了 您该高兴才是 |
[05:59] | Sponge off this countertop. | 把工作台擦擦 |
[06:02] | Nikos says his fiance’s a lovely woman from a wealthy family | Nikos说他未婚妻是有钱人家的可爱女孩 |
[06:04] | and you like her very much. | 而且您特别喜欢她 |
[06:05] | – Mop up this slop! – You should be full of motherly emotions. | – 把这些残渣擦干净 – 您现在应该充满母性情怀 |
[06:09] | When I find out who bent this skewer, | 让我知道哪个兔崽子把烤肉叉弄弯了 |
[06:10] | I’m ramming it right in his eye. | 我就把这东西戳他眼里去 |
[06:13] | You know, I’ve always wanted to do this, | 我一直都想着 |
[06:17] | make a trip around the Greek islands. | 去希腊的岛上转转 |
[06:25] | Aunt Zora, | Zora婶婶 |
[06:26] | my point is that we are family. | 我觉得我们是一家人 |
[06:30] | And we should be together. | 我们应该在一起 |
[06:33] | And I promise if you invite us to this wedding, I will… | 如果您能让我们参加婚礼 我承诺 |
[06:36] | never give Nikos another piece of advice for as long as I live. | 终我一生 我再不会给Nikos出任何主意 |
[06:40] | I’m through meddling. You have my word. | 再也不瞎管了 我保证 |
[06:44] | And if you do invite us to the wedding, | 如果您邀请我们参加婚礼 |
[06:45] | I also promise that I’ll promote this wonderful, wonderful | 我还承诺在我的电台里推销 |
[06:48] | restaurant of yours on my radio programme. | 这间超棒超超棒的餐厅 |
[06:52] | Every day. | 每天都提 |
[06:54] | For a… month. | 连着 呃 说上一个月 |
[06:57] | Frasier Frasier. | |
[07:01] | – You forgive me. – Of course. Of course. | – 您原谅我啦 – 当然了 当然 |
[07:03] | And you don’t just come to the wedding, | 你不仅要来参加婚礼 |
[07:05] | you come to the rehearsal dinner, too. | 也要来明天的彩排晚宴 |
[07:07] | Tomorrow night, right here. Because we are family! | 明天晚上 就在这 因为我们是一家人 |
[07:10] | Here, eat, my very special kokoretsi | 来 给我特别的侄子 |
[07:14] | for a very special nephew. | 尝尝我的特色烤杂碎 |
[07:17] | Oh God, I’m such a softie! I’ll be crying in a minute. | 天 我真是个软心肠 都快哭出来了 |
[07:21] | Me, too. | 我也是啊 |
[07:36] | Well, I hope you enjoy yourself, Mr “Blessed Are The Peacemakers”. | 哼 你开心了吧 “上帝之子”先生 |
[07:39] | Will you stop complaining? The rehearsal went beautifully. | 能别抱怨了吗 这彩排多棒啊 |
[07:43] | Cousin Yvonne didn’t get near you. | Yvonne表妹都没近你的身 |
[07:45] | How could she? I spent half the time hiding in the confessional! | 怎么靠近 我差不多一直躲在告解室里 |
[07:48] | By the way, Mrs Pappas is having an affair. | 对了 Pappas女士有外遇了 |
[07:51] | Here they are. My two favourite nephews. | 你们来啦 我最爱的两个侄子 |
[07:58] | Ed, get me with the boys. | Ed 给我们照张相 |
[08:02] | You know, I am so glad you are coming to the wedding tomorrow. | 真高兴你们明天会来参加婚礼 |
[08:05] | There is nothing sadder than a divided family. Am I right? | 没有比血亲分离更痛苦的事儿了 是吧 |
[08:09] | – Quite right. – Absolutely, absolutely. | -太对了 – 必须的 必须的 |
[08:10] | When Frasier told me we weren’t invited to the wedding, | 当Frasier说我们没收到邀请时 |
[08:12] | I remembered thinking… | 我觉得 |
[08:12] | – There you are, Niles. – Just kill me now. | – Niles 你在这啊 – 杀了我 快 |
[08:18] | – Hello, Yvonne. – I haven’t seen you two in a long time. | – 你好 Yvonne – 好久没见到你们两个了 |
[08:22] | I haven’t seen your two in a long time. You too. Your… You too. | 我也好久没见你那两个 我是说你 好久不见 |
[08:27] | We’ve got a lot of catching up to do. | 我们有的聊了 |
[08:29] | Let’s go get us a glass of bubbly. | 咱们去拿点喝的吧 |
[08:31] | Oh, you know, I don’t think… – | 这个吧 我不觉得 |
[08:32] | Oh, go on, enjoy! It’s none of that sissy French wine. | 去吧 享受吧 那可不是娘炮的法国红酒 |
[08:35] | – It’s real Greek champagne. – Save some for me, Niles. | – 是真正的希腊香槟 – Niles 给我留点 |
[08:41] | And here he is, my favourite brother-in-law, Marty. | 我最喜欢的大伯子来了 Marty |
[08:47] | – It’s been too long. – It sure has. Say, where’s Walt? | – 好久不见 – 真的好久了 Walt在哪 |
[08:50] | We’ve got a lot of catching up to do. | 我们有好多要聊 |
[08:52] | Don’t worry, he’ll be here. | 别着急 他一会儿就来 |
[08:54] | Who is this pretty young thing? | 这个漂亮丫头是谁啊 |
[08:57] | This is Daphne Moon, she’s my physical therapist. | Daphne Moon 她是我的理疗师 |
[08:59] | Ah, that’s what they call it these days. You dirty old man. | 他们现在都这么叫了吗 你个贼老头 |
[09:07] | This is my fiance, Mary Ann Taubeneck. | 这是我未婚妻Mary Ann Taubeneck |
[09:09] | Mary Ann. It’s a pleasure. | 我是Mary Ann 很荣幸认识你 |
[09:11] | Taubeneck, as in the Taubeneck Building? | Taubeneck Taubeneck大楼的那个 |
[09:14] | Yeah, and Taubeneck Park, etcetera, etcetera. | 恩 还有Taubeneck公园什么的等等等等 |
[09:17] | That was my grandfather, the original robber baron. | 都是我祖父弄的 第一代强盗大亨 |
[09:21] | Mary Ann has issues with her family. | Mary Ann和家人有点矛盾 |
[09:23] | Look at them sulking over there. | 看他们生闷气的样子 |
[09:25] | You should’ve seen their faces | 你真该看看我说要嫁给个街头卖艺的时 |
[09:27] | when I told them I was marrying a street person. | 他们那嘴脸 |
[09:29] | – Performer. Street performer. – Oh, right. | – 表演家 街头表演家 – 好吧 |
[09:33] | Anyway, they’ve got it coming after all the debutante nonsense | 哼 他们在强迫我举行无聊的名媛成人礼时 |
[09:36] | they put me through. Would you excuse me? | 就该想到有今天了 失陪下 |
[09:41] | – She’s great, isn’t she? – Yes. How did you two meet? | – 她是不是超棒 – 绝对的 你们怎么认识的 |
[09:46] | A few months back, I performed at one of her parents’ garden parties. | 几个月前 我在她家花园聚会上表演 |
[09:49] | They were really snooty to me. That seemed to spark something in her. | 他们特别瞧不起我 她就点燃斗志了 |
[09:53] | She asked me for a date right in front of them. That’s how she is. | 她当场向我邀约 她就是这么个人 |
[09:55] | She likes to play with her parents’ heads. | 喜欢让她父母头痛(把玩他们的脑袋) |
[09:57] | Yes, well, so did Lizzie Borden. | 嗯 莉琪波登也是 |
[10:01] | What do you mean? | 你说什么 |
[10:03] | I can’t help thinking that… Nothing. | 我禁不住想啊 没事 |
[10:07] | Just a bad joke.. She seems like a lovely girl. | 就是个冷笑话 看着是个挺好的姑娘 |
[10:10] | Yeah, she is. My family adores her. | 是啊 我们家里人都喜欢她 |
[10:12] | You should hear my mom. | 你知道我妈怎么说 |
[10:13] | She thinks Crystal’s the best thing that ever happened to me. | 她觉得Crystal是我生命中最美好的事 |
[10:17] | – Crystal? – Did I say that? I meant Mary Ann. | – Crystal – 我这么说的吗 我是说Mary Ann |
[10:21] | I must have been admiring that beatiful crystal over there. | 我刚才一直在欣赏那个漂亮的水晶 |
[10:24] | That’s why I called her Crystal. | 所以给口误了 |
[10:25] | Yeah, it’s a good thing you weren’t admiring the pork butt. | 哈哈 幸好你不是在欣赏五花肉 |
[10:29] | I’m so nervous these days, I don’t know what I’m saying. | 我最近比较紧张 有点语无伦次了 |
[10:32] | I guess it’s just a case of pre-wedding jitters, right? | 婚礼在即 有点紧张也是难免 是吧 |
[10:34] | Nikos, go check on the sous-chef, | Nikos 去看看副厨师长 |
[10:36] | make sure he isn’t into the ouzo. | 别让他把开胃酒都喝了 |
[10:39] | Last time he drank on duty | 上次他上班喝多了 |
[10:40] | he got his head caught in the duck press. | 把脑袋都塞烤鸭里了 |
[10:42] | – How did he manage that? – With my help. | – 怎么会塞进鸭子里去 – 我帮了他一把 |
[10:47] | So, what were you and Nikos talking about? | 你刚和Nikos谈什么了 |
[10:50] | Oh, now, now, now, Aunt Zora, don’t you worry. | 哦 呵呵 Zora婶婶 你放心 |
[10:52] | I made you a promise and I’d die before I break it. | 我都答应你了 绝不会食言 除非我死 |
[10:55] | Or soon after. So, you met Mary Ann? | 或者食言之后马上死 这么说 你见着Mary Ann了 |
[10:59] | Yes, yes, lovely girl. You must be very proud. | 是啊 挺好个姑娘 你一定很开心 |
[11:01] | Oh, and relieved. | 可不 松了一大口气啊 |
[11:02] | Do you know that crazy son of mine was going steady with | 你知道我那傻儿子和个卖艺的 |
[11:04] | a juggler for three years? Crystal somebody. | 好了三年多了吗 叫Crystal什么的 |
[11:07] | Can you imagine having a daughter-in-law who throws things for a living. | 你能想象儿媳妇靠扔东西为生的吗 |
[11:11] | It’s embarrassing. | 太丢人了 |
[11:14] | Dance, people. Let’s celebrate tonight. | 跳舞吧 大家 让我们今晚尽兴 |
[11:20] | Hey, Frasier, thanks for settling everything with Zora. | Frasier 谢谢你安抚了Zora |
[11:23] | Oh, it’s my pleasure, Dad. | 老爸 这是我的荣幸 |
[11:24] | But you know, I can’t find Walt. I’ve been waiting five years for this reunion. | 我没找到Walt 我为重聚都等了五年了 |
[11:28] | Must be here somewhere. | 他肯定就在这儿呢 |
[11:29] | Now, did you know Nikos and Mary Ann have only known each other for… | 你知道Nikos和Mary Ann才认识 |
[11:32] | – Oh, there he is! – Well, this is so exciting! | – 哦 找到了 – 太激动人心了 |
[11:34] | You two must have so much to talk about. | 你们一定有很多想聊的 |
[11:35] | – Uncle Walt, hello. – Frasier. | – Walt伯叔叔 您好 – Frasier你好 |
[11:43] | – Marty – Walt – Marty. – Walt. | |
[11:46] | – What’s new? – Same old, same old. | – 怎么样啊 – 还是那样啦 |
[11:52] | – How’s tricks? – Can’t complain. | – 生活怎么样 – 我挺知足 |
[11:56] | – They keeping you busy? – Oh, better believe it. | – 他们经常麻烦你吧 – 呃 这样挺好 |
[12:00] | – Well, What are you gonna do? – Tell me about it. | – 唉 有什么办法啊 – 可不是啊 |
[12:05] | It’s amazing how you two can pick up right | 厉害 这么多年没见 |
[12:07] | where you left off. | 你们居然还记得上次聊天的内容 |
[12:26] | Put those back. | 放回去 |
[12:29] | Niles, do you realise how pathetic this is? | Niles 你知道你这样多可悲吗 |
[12:32] | I don’t care! At dinner Zora announced that I’d filed for divorce. | 我不管 吃饭的时候Zora婶婶说我离婚了 |
[12:35] | Within seconds Yvonne began purring so loudly | 不一会Yvonne就开始闹春 |
[12:37] | my allergies kicked in. | 我都过敏了 |
[12:40] | I won’t be safe till this wedding is over. | 婚礼结束后我才能安全 |
[12:43] | The wedding I’m beginning to think might just be a serious mistake. | 我怎么越来越觉得这个婚礼就是个错误呢 |
[12:45] | Ooh, I like the sound of that. Does this mean you’re going to meddle again | 嗯 听起来不错 是说你打算再管人家的闲事了吗 |
[12:48] | – and get us both thrown out? – I can’t. I promised I wouldn’t. | – 然后咱俩好被扔出去 – 不行 我答应过的 |
[12:51] | – Oh, dear God, here she comes again. – Hi, Frasier, have you seen Niles? | – 天啊 她又来了 – 嗨 Frasier 看见Niles了吗 |
[12:55] | Why, no, I haven’t. | 什么 没啊 |
[12:57] | – Here we go. – How much longer do we have to stay? | – 我来了 – 我们还得待多久 |
[13:00] | – What are you in a snit about? – This lot. Thanks to your sister-in-law, | – 你这是怎么了 – 还不是因为你的好弟妹 |
[13:04] | they’re all sniggering about me being your physical therapist. | 他们都在嘀咕我 说我其实是你的小情人儿 |
[13:06] | Oh, don’t let it bother you. She’s always been a pain. | 别生气 她就是那么个人 |
[13:09] | You’re telling me. Dried up old grape leaf. | 早看出来了 老干葡萄叶 |
[13:13] | And she’s one to talk about reputations, too. | 她倒是说三道四起来了 |
[13:16] | Between you and me, before she married my brother, | 别跟别人说啊 她嫁给我弟之前 |
[13:18] | she was easier to make than a peanut butter sandwich. | 上她比做三明治容易 |
[13:23] | Does everyone know that? | 大家都知道吗 |
[13:25] | Everybody except my brother. I mean, I love him dearly, | 就我弟不知道 尽管我是很爱他的 |
[13:28] | but he’s not exactly the brightest bulb in the… | 但他在那一堆灯泡里不是 |
[13:33] | – Bulb box? – Yeah. | – 最出彩的那个 – 对 |
[13:36] | Here’s Eddie. Hey, Eddie. Where’s the camera? | Eddie来了 嘿 Eddie 怎么没扛着摄像机 |
[13:39] | Aha, then it worked. It’s right here. | 啊哈 看来起作用了 就在这呢 |
[13:45] | I decided to go undercover. | 我决定暗中进行拍摄 |
[13:47] | I wanted to get people just being themselves. | 我想录到人们真实的样子 |
[13:48] | Oh, we were really boring, believe me. | 哦 我们的聊天没什么有意思的 |
[13:52] | Why don’t you rewind it a few minutes and tape over it? | 你要不把刚刚那段抹掉重录吧 |
[13:55] | Funny. Mrs Pappas said the same thing. | 有趣 Pappas女士说了一样的话 |
[13:59] | So why did you and this Crystal break up? | 你和Crystal为什么分手 |
[14:02] | I mean, I’m not meddling. I’m just curious. That’s all. Just interested. | 我不是想管闲事啦 我只是好奇 仅此而已 |
[14:06] | It was a career conflict. She’s a juggler, too. | 是职业冲突 她也是个街头艺人 |
[14:09] | You may have heard of her. Crystal Baker? | 你可能知道她 Crystal Baker |
[14:12] | No, I don’t get to street theatre as often as I should. | 没有 我不太常去街头剧院的 |
[14:18] | Fabulous performer. Fabulous girl, for that matter. | 绝佳的表演家 极好的姑娘 说实在的 |
[14:21] | But she wanted to work in Paris and I wanted to stay here. | 但她想去巴黎而我想留在这里 |
[14:25] | Yes, well, there’s always pressure on a two-career family. | 嗯 双职工家庭总是面临着压力嘛 |
[14:28] | We had a big fight about it. Then Mary Ann came along. | 我们大吵一架 这时候Mary Ann出现了 |
[14:31] | By the time Crystal got back, I was engaged. | 当Crystal回来的时候 我已经订婚了 |
[14:35] | – And how did she take the news? – She was crushed. | – 她什么反应 – 崩溃了 |
[14:40] | But she’s been wonderful. | 但她还那么善解人意 |
[14:40] | She called me a few nights ago to congratulate me. | 几天前夜里打电话祝贺我 |
[14:43] | We talked for hours, just like old times. | 我们天南海北地聊了几小时 就像从前一样 |
[14:46] | She’s a sweetheart. | 她特别贴心 |
[14:48] | She’s starting to sound like one. | 听起来是这么回事 |
[14:50] | Yeah, it was really great talking with her. | 和她聊天真的很棒 |
[14:52] | I felt happy, purely happy. | 我能感到快乐 纯粹的快乐 |
[14:56] | It might be the last time I did. | 可能也是最后一次了 |
[14:58] | I mean, since then it’s been the usual pre-wedding stuff. | 之后就是那个什么 婚前恐惧 |
[15:01] | You know, the jitters, night sweats, vomiting… | 你懂的 不安 夜间盗汗 呕吐 |
[15:07] | Nikos, I promised your mother i would never again interfere in your life. | Nikos 我向你母亲承诺过 不再干涉你的生活 |
[15:11] | Interfere? You saved me from making a terrible mistake. | 干涉 要不是你 我险些犯下大错 |
[15:14] | I value your advice above anything. | 我最看重你的意见 |
[15:20] | All right, then. In the interest of your future happiness, | 那好吧 为了你未来幸福着想 |
[15:24] | I feel it’s my duty to let you know… | 我有义务让你知道 |
[15:26] | Nikos, please go make your uncle Stavros to stop dancing on the table. | Nikos 去让Stavros叔叔别在桌子上跳舞了 |
[15:31] | Just once it would be nice to have a family gathering | 偶尔家庭聚会 |
[15:34] | where no one leaves in an ambulance. Am I right? | 而没人坐着救护车离开也挺好的 你说呢 |
[15:41] | Yes, wouldn’t it? | 当然了 可不是吗 |
[15:47] | Hey, Eddie, come on, you’ve been working ever since I’ve been here. | Eddie 歇会吧 从我一到这儿你就一直忙着呢 |
[15:51] | You haven’t had chance to chow down. | 都没时间吃个饭 |
[15:53] | Well, I wouldn’t mind grabbing a bite. | 嗯 我还真有点饿了 |
[15:55] | Well, hand me that thing then. I know how to run that baby. | 把这东西给我 我知道怎么操作这宝贝的 |
[15:58] | Be careful. That tape is historic. | 小心 这可是深具历史意义的带子 |
[16:00] | I’ve interviewed every single living member of the family. | 我采访了家里的每个人 |
[16:03] | I even went out to the retirement home | 我甚至去养老院 |
[16:04] | and taped Nikos’s great-grandmother | 采访了Nikos的曾祖母 |
[16:07] | – 101 years old. – That’s amazing. | – 她都101岁了 – 太传奇了 |
[16:13] | 101. Gosh, that’s older than a century. | 101岁 天呐 比一个世纪都久 |
[16:17] | She probably has got more stories than anybody else has. | 她肯定比别人更有故事 |
[16:21] | – I can’t do this. – Think you have to press this button right here. | – 我不能这么做 – 你应该按那儿 |
[16:26] | Oh, thanks. | 哦 谢谢啊 |
[16:29] | Bye. | 再见啦 |
[16:32] | OK, everybody, gather round. | 注意 请大家过来一下 |
[16:34] | We’re going to have some toasts here. | 我们要为新人祝酒了 |
[16:37] | So if everybody will stop what they are doing for just one minute | 请大家停下手里的事儿 |
[16:40] | and come closer… | 然后过来 |
[16:41] | For God’s sake, Niles, why don’t you just hide in the men’s room? | 天 Niles 为什么你不躲在男卫生间呢 |
[16:44] | Where do you think Yvonne is right now? | 你以为现在Yvonne在哪 |
[16:47] | Where have you been? | 你去哪了 |
[16:49] | I’ve been on the phone, trying to contact Nikos’ ex-girlfriend. | 打电话 去联系Nikos前女友 |
[16:52] | The depths you’ll sink to to get a date. | 为了约会你真是不择手段 |
[16:56] | I am convinced that he is still in love with her. And she with him. | 我确信他还爱着她 而她也是 |
[17:00] | I thought if I could get them together he might realise it in time. | 如果能让他们重聚 他也许能及时醒悟 |
[17:03] | Alas, I couldn’t reach her, she’s out working tonight. | 唉 我联系不上 她今晚在工作 |
[17:06] | Had to leave a message with her roommate. | 最后给她室友留了个话 |
[17:08] | Well, perhaps the time has come for you to… | 或许 你应该不再饶圈子 |
[17:14] | …stop playing games and start being direct. | 而是直捣黄龙 |
[17:17] | Frasier? Where’s Frasier Crane? | Frasier Frasier Crane去哪了 |
[17:20] | Oh, dear God. | 哦 天呐 |
[17:23] | There you are. | 在这呢 |
[17:25] | Come up here and make a toast to the happy couple. | 过来给新人祝个酒吧 |
[17:29] | Well, all right, I guess a thought or two comes to mind. | 我不 我可能有一两个想法 |
[17:35] | Well, I’ve known Nikos all of his life | Nikos出生我就认识他了 |
[17:41] | and I’m sure that he realises marriage is a binding commitment, | 我相信他知道婚姻是一生的承诺 |
[17:46] | not to be entered into hastily. | 不应草草了事 |
[17:48] | But when the right one comes along, you know it. | 当你遇到命定之人 你会知道的 |
[17:52] | And it’s very important to | 重要的是找到 |
[17:54] | find the person that you’re most compatible with. | 那个最合得来的人 |
[17:59] | The one who makes you feel “Happy, purely happy”. | 让你感到”快乐 纯粹的快乐” |
[18:04] | More important, makes me feel happy. | 更重要的是让我高兴 |
[18:08] | Because, it would be a shame to go through life having to say, | 如果终其一生都在想”如果我曾等待” |
[18:11] | “if I’d only waited”. | 那就太可惜了 |
[18:13] | Hey, what the hell kind of toast is this anyway? | 嘿 你这是什么狗屁祝酒词啊 |
[18:17] | I just want to make sure that | 我只想确认我表弟娶了 |
[18:18] | my cousin marries the woman that he truly loves the most. | 他真心喜欢的那个人 |
[18:22] | Oh, well said. Cheers, everybody. | 说得好 大家举杯吧 |
[18:26] | Oh, thank you, Frasier. | 谢谢你 Frasier |
[18:27] | If I may say a word or two. | 我也说两句 |
[18:29] | My son Nikos and I have had our ups and downs. | 我和Nikos间有些磕磕碰碰 |
[18:32] | But tonight at this moment I can honestly say… | 但此时此刻我必须要说 |
[18:35] | What the hell are you doing here? | 你来这儿干嘛 |
[18:39] | Crystal Crystal. | |
[18:41] | Nikos Nikos. | |
[18:44] | I couldn’t let you get married without letting you know that I… | 我必须在你结婚前告诉你 我 |
[18:58] | Nikos, what’re you doing? Stop it. | Nikos干嘛呢 停下来 |
[19:01] | How did she get the message? | 她怎么接到消息的 |
[19:02] | Her roommate must have reached her on her car phone. | 她室友可能打了她的车载电话 |
[19:04] | Jugglers have car phones? | 杂耍的还有车载电话 |
[19:08] | Nikos, you are ruining everything. You, shoo, shoo, shoo. | Nikos 你把今晚全毁了 你 去去 边去 |
[19:18] | Nikos Nikos Nikos. Nikos. | |
[19:21] | Sorry, Mary Ann but Crystal’s the one I’m meant to be with. | Mary Ann 抱歉 但Crystal才是我的真命天女 |
[19:23] | I will never forgive you for this. | 我绝不会原谅你的 |
[19:26] | See how happy you’ve made my parents? | 看看你让我父母多高兴 |
[19:34] | Frasier, he’s lost his mind. Talk to him, he listens to you. | Frasier 他疯了 劝劝他 他听你的话 |
[19:37] | You remember my promise? No more meddling. | 记得我的承诺吗 决不干预 |
[19:40] | Excuse me, everyone. This may not exactly be appropriate, | 打扰了 各位 可能不太合适宜 |
[19:43] | but I have a toast too. To the man who reunited me | 但我也要祝酒 敬那个让我 |
[19:46] | with the woman I plan to spend my life with. | 和我的真命天女重聚的人 |
[19:48] | No, no, inappropriate. | 不 太不合适了 |
[19:50] | – Toast time is over. – We want to offer you our thanks. | – 祝酒环节已经结束了 – 我们想谢谢你 |
[19:54] | You know what? Everyone, why don’t we do some bouzouki dancing? | 大家 让我们来跳布祖基舞蹈吧 |
[20:03] | Why are they thanking you? | 他们为什么要谢你 |
[20:06] | We owe our happiness to him. | 我们的幸福归功于他 |
[20:09] | Why couldn’t she have been a mime? | 为什么她不是演哑剧的 |
[20:14] | Once again he saved me from making a terrible mistake. | 他又一次挽救了我 |
[20:17] | So, everyone, please lift | 请大家举杯 |
[20:18] | your glasses to my cousin, Frasier Crane. | 敬我的表哥Frasier Crane |
[20:21] | I can do better than a glass. | 我有比杯子更好的 |
[20:24] | No! Aunt Zora! Out of my way! | 别 Zora婶婶 别挡路 |
[20:30] | Well, Walt… | 好吧 Walt |
[20:32] | Marty Marty… | |
[20:35] | Goodbye again. | 再见了 我的老弟 |