时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:10] | What’s going on, anyway? | 怎么回事 |
[00:11] | My God, I’ve got an appointment in 20 minutes. | 我20分钟后还有事呢 |
[00:13] | Ah, some weenie made a big stink | 一孙子朝这儿叽歪了半天 |
[00:14] | so they’ve gotta clean the milk steamer every time they use it. | 导致他们每次用完都要清洗奶缸 |
[00:16] | Oh. | 哦 |
[00:17] | It was you, wasn’t it? | 就是你吧 |
[00:19] | Well, If requesting basic sanitary | 如果要求最基本的清洁程序 |
[00:20] | procedures makes me a weenie, | 就是个孙子的话 |
[00:21] | then a weenie be I. | 则孙子是也 |
[00:24] | – Hi, guys. – Hey, Roz. | – 嗨 大伙儿 – 嘿 Roz |
[00:26] | Oh, God, Frasier, what stupid suggestion did you make this time? | 天啊 Frasier 你这回又提什么蠢建议了 |
[00:30] | Nice to see you, too, Roz. | 我也很高兴见到你 Roz |
[00:32] | Sorry. I just spent two hours | 对不起 我刚花了两小时 |
[00:34] | trying on jumbo formal wear for the SeaBea Awards. | 为海壁奖试穿巨型礼服 |
[00:38] | The best part was when the size two sales girl said | 最搞笑的是 那个穿2号的售货小姐说 |
[00:41] | I could use this again after my pregnancy. | 这衣服我生完了还能穿 |
[00:45] | Well, perhaps you could cut off the bow, | 呃 也许你可以去掉蝴蝶结 |
[00:48] | remove the sleeves, and, uh… | 截掉袖子 然后 呃 |
[00:50] | Stick a pole in it and go camping. | 底下支个杆儿 直接露营去 |
[00:53] | You know, if I’m gonna stick a pole someplace… | 知道么 如果要我把杆儿支到哪儿的话 |
[00:56] | Children! | 注意言辞 |
[00:57] | Coffee to go. Black. | 咖啡带走 黑咖 |
[00:59] | I, for one, am looking forward to the SeaBeas. | 我倒是很期待海壁奖 |
[01:01] | Why? You’re not gonna win. | 为什么 你又赢不了 |
[01:03] | They never give it to the MC. | 他们从来不颁给脱口秀主持人 |
[01:04] | Now, me… I’m a lock. | 我嘛 是铁定了的 |
[01:06] | Well, you’re awfully cocky. | 你也太自大了 |
[01:08] | Hey, if knowing I’m the best thing | 嘿 如果觉得自己是广播界最棒的 |
[01:10] | on the air makes me cocky, then cocky be I. | 就是自大的话 则自大是也 |
[01:12] | See? You’re not the only one who can talk classy. | 看吧 我也可以文绉绉 |
[01:15] | How is that talking like Lassie? | 绉绉是哪位 |
[01:17] | Let’s just move on, shall we? | 咱能换个话题么 |
[01:21] | Roz, that man, he’s got a gun. | Roz 那人有枪 |
[01:24] | He’s got a gun. | 他有枪 |
[01:30] | – Roz, are you all right? – Yeah, uh…. | – Roz 你还好吗 – 没事 |
[01:33] | Bulldog, I can’t believe you did that. | Bulldog 我不敢相信你竟然那么做了 |
[01:36] | – You saved me. – Uh, I just did what anyone would’ve done. | – 你救了我 – 呃 我只是做了该做的 |
[01:40] | – You were so brave. – You’re a hero. | – 你太勇敢了 – 你是个英雄 |
[01:43] | Hey, close enough. | 嘿 保持距离 |
[01:51] | Excuse me, will you hold that, please? | 不好意思 能否等我一下 |
[01:55] | – Niles. – Frasier, I was just on my way up to see you! | – Niles – Frasier 我正要去找你呢 |
[01:58] | Niles, what have we determined | Niles 咱上回是怎么说 |
[01:59] | about your success with impulse purchases? | 你那冲动的购买欲来着 |
[02:04] | Really? The salesman thought I could pull it off. | 真假的 售货员觉得很配 |
[02:06] | My suggestion exactly. | 我倒觉得很”呸” |
[02:10] | Fine. Fine. Frasier, ask me if I have news. | 好吧 Frasier 快问我有没有啥新闻 |
[02:13] | Actually, I’ve got some news of my own. | 我倒是有个新闻 |
[02:15] | In the cafe today… | 今天在咖啡馆 |
[02:16] | Oh, for God’s sake. Niles, do you have news? | 噢天 Niles 你有什么新闻 |
[02:18] | Indeed I do. First of all, congratulations on your SeaBea nomination. | 还真有 但先恭喜你被提名 |
[02:21] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[02:22] | Now congratulate me on mine. | 现在换你恭喜我 |
[02:24] | What are you talking about? | 你在说什么 |
[02:25] | Well, if you’d bothered to | 如果您能受下累 |
[02:26] | look past your own name on the first page, | 从第一页您的名字继续往下看的话 |
[02:27] | you’d have found mine right after it on page… | 你会看到我的名字在 |
[02:34] | …fifteen. | 第15页 |
[02:37] | “Best Performance by a Guest on an Information Show.” | “最佳讯息台嘉宾” |
[02:40] | Yes, it’s for that spot I did on KJSB | 就是我在KJSB台 |
[02:42] | when I discussed the psychological | 探讨了下长期恶劣的天气 |
[02:43] | effects of long-term inclement weather. | 对心理造成的影响 |
[02:45] | Ah, yes, yes, yes…. | 啊 没错没错 |
[02:47] | 30 minutes of psycho-babble | 整整30分钟的心理学叨叨 |
[02:48] | all reducible to one phrase, | 全部可以归为一句话 |
[02:51] | “Rain, rain, go away”. | “雨啊雨啊快停吧” |
[02:53] | I’m hardly surprised you feel the need to belittle my nomination. | 我一点也不惊讶你会贬低我的提名 |
[02:56] | In your mind, you’re the success, the famous one. | 你就觉得你才是著名的成功人士 |
[02:58] | I’m just invisible. | 我是隐形的 |
[03:00] | That’s not the way the rest of the world sees it. | 其他人可不这么认为 |
[03:03] | Oh, Frasier, boy, am I glad to see you! | 噢 Frasier 见到你真是太好了 |
[03:06] | Oh, thanks, guys, thank you. | 噢 谢谢 |
[03:07] | Dr Crane, thank goodness you’re home. | Crane医生 谢天谢地你回来了 |
[03:09] | I’m also here. | 我也回来了啊 |
[03:13] | We heard what happened at the cafe. | 我们听说了咖啡馆的事 |
[03:14] | Yes, Niles, as I have tried to tell you, | Niles 我想告诉你来着 |
[03:17] | there was an attempted armed robbery today at the cafe. | 今天咖啡馆有起持械抢劫未遂 |
[03:19] | Good heavens! Was anyone hurt? | 天哪 有人受伤了么 |
[03:21] | No, no, no, thank goodness. It all diffused rather quickly. | 没有 感谢上帝 危机很快就解除了 |
[03:23] | Tempest in a teapot, really. Thank you. | 小事一桩 多谢关心 |
[03:25] | Well, that’s a relief! | 那可真是太好了 |
[03:26] | On a more pleasant topic, this afternoon, I found out- | 换个轻松的话题 我今天下午发现 |
[03:29] | Oh, Niles, hold on a second. | Niles 等下 |
[03:30] | How did you two hear about it? | 你们俩怎么知道的 |
[03:31] | – On the news. – Boy, Bulldog really saved the day! | – 新闻啊 – Bulldog成大英雄了 |
[03:35] | They said that on the news? | 新闻上这么说的吗 |
[03:37] | Oh, yeah, how he swept Roz out of the way | 对啊 说他把Roz推到一边 |
[03:39] | and then threw his hot coffee on the gunman! | 泼了持枪人一身热咖啡 |
[03:42] | That’s not how it happened at all. | 不是这么回事好吧 |
[03:44] | Why would he say such a thing? | 他为什么要这么说 |
[03:46] | Well, it was drizzling today | 今天有毛毛雨 |
[03:47] | and people act strangely when it rains, | 而人们一下雨就表现异常 |
[03:49] | – as I pointed out in my SeaBea-nominated… – Shut up, Niles. | – 正如我在我海壁提名中 – 闭嘴 Niles |
[03:53] | Well, then, what did happen? | 那到底怎么回事 |
[03:55] | Well, we were all standing at the counter, | 我们都站在柜台前 |
[03:57] | …when I noticed a man with a gun. I warned Roz. | 我看到了那人有枪 我警告了Roz |
[04:01] | Bulldog saw a different man reaching for his wallet, | Bulldog看到另外一人掏钱包 |
[04:04] | and thought he was the gunman. | 以为带枪的是他 |
[04:05] | That’s when he grabbed Roz | 然后他抓住Roz |
[04:07] | and held her in front of him as a human shield. | 拿她当了人形盾牌 |
[04:09] | But as he did that, | 期间他不小心 |
[04:11] | he accidentally knocked his coffee onto the actual gunman, | 把咖啡泼到持枪人身上 |
[04:14] | burning his hand, | 烫了他的手 |
[04:15] | causing him to drop his weapon and run out. | 那人掉了枪就逃跑了 |
[04:19] | And no one else saw that happen? | 就没人看到吗 |
[04:20] | Well, apparently not. | 很显然没有 |
[04:22] | Wow, I can’t believe Bulldog’d use Roz like that! | 哇哦 Bulldog竟然那么对Roz |
[04:25] | Why didn’t you say anything? | 那你怎么不说呢 |
[04:26] | Well, I was just so relieved everyone was all right at first! | 我一开始只是很高兴大家都没事 |
[04:29] | I suppose it did irk me when everyone was praising him, | 但气人的是 大家都在夸赞他 |
[04:32] | the owner of the cafe promised him a lifetime supply of muffins. | 咖啡馆店主甚至允诺他终身免费的松饼 |
[04:36] | Well, I never thought it’d go this far. | 我没想到会发展成这地步 |
[04:37] | I never thought I’d hear it on the news! | 怎么也想不到会上新闻 |
[04:40] | I wonder how much that would be, a lifetime supply of muffins. | 那该有多少呢 终身免费的松饼 |
[04:44] | I’m certainly not going to let Bulldog get away with this! | 我肯定不会让Bulldog逃过去的 |
[04:46] | I don’t think I’ve ever seen Bulldog eat a muffin. | 我还没见过Bulldog吃松饼呢 |
[04:48] | A lifetime supply would be wasted on him! | 那松饼给他真是浪费了 |
[04:51] | I’m going to tell him I saw exactly what happened! | 我要去告诉他我知道真相 |
[04:53] | Now me, I could eat a muffin a day, | 你看我吧 我一天能吃一个松饼 |
[04:55] | some days even two knowing they’d be free. | 有时候能吃俩 如果是免费的话 |
[04:58] | So that’s maybe ten a week, 52 weeks a year, | 所以差不多一周10个 一年52周 |
[05:01] | for at least another 40 years, | 按至少40年算 |
[05:03] | which works out to… | 等于 |
[05:08] | …20,000 muffins. | 两万个松饼 |
[05:11] | My life suddenly seems long measured in muffins. | 这么一算我的人生好长哦 |
[05:15] | Oh, Daphne, there are a lot of | 噢 Daphne 其实有很多事 |
[05:18] | things that can make life suddenly seem long. | 能让人生突然就显得长了起来 |
[05:25] | Well, that’s all the time we have for today. | 那么今天就到这里了 |
[05:28] | Good afternoon, Seattle | 再见 西雅图 |
[05:29] | and good mental health. | 祝您精神安康 |
[05:32] | Roz, did you see Bulldog come in? | Roz Bulldog来了没 |
[05:33] | No, I haven’t. I’ve been looking for him myself. | 没 我也在找他呢 |
[05:35] | No, stop that. They’re for him. | 不许吃 那是给他的 |
[05:38] | Do you really think that he had anything to do with… | 你难道真的觉得他 |
[05:40] | There he is. | 他来了 |
[05:44] | Hey, hey, hey! Enough hero worship. | 嘿 别再英雄崇拜了 |
[05:46] | I take my pants off one leg at a time just like everybody else. | 我和正常人一样 一次只能脱一个裤腿 |
[05:49] | You can vouch for that, can’t you, Myrna? | 这你能担保吧 Myrna |
[05:53] | Hey, Bulldog, I made these cookies for you. | 嘿 Bulldog 我给你做了饼干 |
[05:54] | Oh, wow, I already had a bunch of muffins | 噢 我已经吃了些松饼 |
[05:56] | but there’s always room for a cookie. | 但饼干还是有肚子吃的 |
[05:59] | – Um, where’s the milk? – Ooh, coming right up. | – 牛奶呢 – 马上就来 |
[06:04] | – Hello, Bulldog. – Hey, Doc. | – 你好 Bulldog – 嘿 医生 |
[06:06] | This hero stuff is the best. | 当英雄真是太棒了 |
[06:09] | Hey, last night, sisters. | 昨晚上了姐妹哦 |
[06:11] | At one point I was a hero sandwich. | 有一刻我就是个英雄三明治(巨无霸) |
[06:14] | Hey, you get? They were the bread, and I was… | 懂不 她们是面包 我是 |
[06:17] | Yes, I got it. Just drop it. | 我懂 别说了 |
[06:18] | I saw what you did yesterday. | 我看到你昨天的行径了 |
[06:22] | – Yeah, I saved your butt. – Saved my butt, my ass. | – 对啊 我救了你一命 – 救屁命 |
[06:26] | You pulled Roz in front of you to protect yourself. | 你为求自保把Roz拉到你前面 |
[06:28] | Everything else that happened was simply by accident. | 后面发生的全都是侥幸 |
[06:30] | That stinks. That’s total BS. | 太贱了 绝对的放屁 |
[06:33] | I’m a hero. I’m a brave, brave man. | 我是个英雄 我是个超级勇敢的人 |
[06:38] | Aw, Jeez, you’re not gonna tell, are you? | 哎呀 你不会说出去吧 |
[06:41] | Give me one good reason why I shouldn’t. | 你给我个理由让我不说出去 |
[06:43] | You like muffins? | 喜欢吃松饼不 |
[06:46] | You know what, I was determined to expose you, | 我原本下定决心要揭发你 |
[06:48] | but it suddenly occurs to me I don’t have to. | 但我突然发现没这个必要 |
[06:50] | You’ll do it yourself. | 你会自首的 |
[06:51] | And you know why? | 知道为什么吗 |
[06:52] | Because “A guilty conscience needs no accuser”. | 因为做贼心虚 |
[06:55] | That means you won’t tell? | 是你不会说出去的意思吗 |
[06:58] | Once again, I don’t have to | 我再说一遍 我不那么做 |
[07:02] | because “A guilty conscience sleeps in thunder”. | 是因为没做亏心事 不怕鬼敲门 |
[07:06] | It means I won’t tell. | 是我不会说的意思 |
[07:08] | 20 seconds, Bulldog. | 还有20秒 Bulldog |
[07:10] | You know, actually I’ll be fascinated as a psychiatrist | 其实作为一个心理医生 |
[07:12] | to watch this little experiment. | 我对这小实验很感兴趣 |
[07:15] | I know that deep down you feel bad about what you’ve done. | 我知道你其实是问心有愧的 |
[07:18] | And you’ll feel worse every time you capitalise on it. | 而你每次用这件事来获利都会让你更加愧疚 |
[07:21] | How long before your conscience finally overwhelms you? | 什么时候你的良知会把你吞噬了呢 |
[07:24] | You’re on. | 开始了 |
[07:24] | Hey, sports fans, this is Bob “Bulldog” Brisco. | 嘿 运动迷们 这里是Bob Bulldog Brisco |
[07:26] | You’re in the doghouse. | 你在狗窝里了 |
[07:29] | Let’s go to the phones. | 现在直接转电话 |
[07:29] | Hey, everybody, this is Roz Doyle, | 嘿 大伙儿 我是Roz Doyle |
[07:32] | and I have some very exciting news! | 我有很激动的消息要宣布 |
[07:35] | Each year at the SeaBea Awards, one radio personality receives | 海壁奖每年都会授予一位广播人 |
[07:38] | the Harold Hirschauer “Man of the Year” Award, | Harold Hirschauer年度人物奖 |
[07:41] | and this year our winner is our very own Bulldog Brisco, | 而今年获奖的就是我们的Bulldog Brisco |
[07:45] | who was chosen for his heroism. | 因为他的英勇作为 |
[07:47] | Congratulations, Bulldog. | 恭喜你了Bulldog |
[07:49] | Well, what do you say to that, hero? | 你要说什么呢 英雄 |
[07:52] | Well, this is incredible. | 呃 这真是难以置信 |
[07:54] | I.. I uh really feel honored…. | 我 呃 我很受宠若惊 |
[07:57] | But I gotta clear something up. | 但我想说清楚些事情 |
[08:00] | Yesterday at the cafe, | 昨天在咖啡馆 |
[08:01] | this young lady kept coming up to me and saying, | 有位小姐一直跑过来跟我说 |
[08:04] | “You’re my hero. How can I ever thank you?” | “你是我的英雄 我要怎样才能报答你” |
[08:07] | Well, I got a confession to make. | 我得说句实话 |
[08:13] | I lost your number, but if you call in, | 我弄丢了你的号码 但如果你打进来 |
[08:14] | baby, I’ve got an answer for you! | 宝贝 我会告诉你答案的 |
[08:25] | OK, I’m ready. Go ahead, Daphne. | 好了 我准备好了 开始吧 Daphne |
[08:28] | And the SeaBea goes to… | 获奖者是 |
[08:35] | …Dr Niles Crane. | Niles Crane医生 |
[08:44] | Congratulations. | 恭喜 |
[08:45] | Thank you. You know, actually, to be accurate, | 谢谢 其实吧 准确来说 |
[08:48] | it’s traditional for the presenter to kiss and embrace the winner. | 颁奖人应该亲吻并拥抱得奖人的 |
[08:51] | But won’t your brother be the presenter? | 但颁奖的不是你哥哥吗 |
[08:53] | Well, we can’t know that for certain. | 那可说不准 |
[08:55] | Oh. All right, then. | 噢 那好吧 |
[08:58] | Hello, Dr Crane. | 你好 Crane医生 |
[09:00] | We’re just practising for Saturday night. | 我们在为周六演习 |
[09:02] | – Best case scenario. – Obviously. | – 按最好的情况 – 看出来了 |
[09:08] | – Hey, Daph, your pie’s done. – Oh, thanks. | – 嘿 Daph 你的派好了 – 谢谢 |
[09:10] | Will you be joining us for coffee and dessert? | 你要来一起用咖啡和点心吗 |
[09:12] | Oh, no thank you, Daphne. | 噢 不了 谢谢 Daphne |
[09:14] | I’m not very hungry. | 我不是很饿 |
[09:14] | Where have you been? | 你去哪儿了 |
[09:15] | Oh, I’ve been driving around, thinking. | 我开车转悠去了 思考了下 |
[09:18] | I can’t get this Bulldog thing off my mind. | 我老是在想Bulldog那事 |
[09:21] | Well, don’t worry about it. We all get obsessed sometimes. | 别担心 我们都会执迷于某件事 |
[09:25] | The important thing is to drop it | 重点是趁早放下它 |
[09:26] | before you start yakking on and on about it | 在你对着一个对此毫不关心的人 |
[09:28] | to someone who doesn’t give a rat’s ass. | 大说特说之前 |
[09:37] | Is that your roundabout way of saying you don’t want to discuss it? | 你是在变着法说你不想谈这事吗 |
[09:40] | You want to take the direct route? | 你想听我直接说出来么 |
[09:44] | Why do you care so much about Bulldog? | 你这么介意Bulldog干吗 |
[09:46] | Well, it’s not really Bulldog, so much. | 其实也不全是Bulldog |
[09:49] | It’s just that I believe that conscience, | 只是比起社会道德和法律 |
[09:51] | more than customs and laws, is what prevents people from doing wrong. | 我觉得良知更能让人走向正途 |
[09:55] | To contemplate the idea of an otherwise sane man with no conscience… | 这种没有良知的人的存在 |
[09:58] | Well, it just shakes my entire world of view. | 让我的世界观都颠覆了 |
[10:01] | In my family, we certainly knew the meaning of conscience. | 在我家 我们都知道良知什么意思 |
[10:03] | That’s what my dad called his wooden paddle. | 那就是我爸的木头板子 |
[10:05] | Oh, how awful for you! | 噢 那太可怕了 |
[10:07] | Oh, for me brothers, yes, | 对我哥哥们来说是的 |
[10:08] | but I knew he’d never use it on me. | 但我知道他不会打我的 |
[10:10] | As long as I was always good. | 只要我一直表现好 |
[10:12] | As long as I was always polite. | 只要我一直有礼貌 |
[10:15] | As long as I always had a smile on me face, | 只要我一直脸上挂着笑 |
[10:16] | no matter how I felt inside. | 无论我心里作何感想 |
[10:18] | As long as I was always ready to wait on all the men, | 只要我随时准备着伺候他们男人 |
[10:20] | hand and foot, | 无微不至 |
[10:21] | day and night, year in, year out. | 日日夜夜 年复一年 |
[10:26] | More coffee, anyone? | 还想要咖啡不 |
[10:27] | No, no, no, you just have a seat. | 不不不 你快坐 |
[10:29] | You… just… here, I’ll… for you. | 你快 坐这儿 我来 给你 |
[10:32] | Maybe I’m blowing this thing out of proportion. | 也许我小题大做了 |
[10:34] | I just can’t understand how Bulldog can accept all those accolades | 我只是不明白Bulldog怎能毫无愧疚地 |
[10:36] | and not be tormented by it. | 接受这些赞美 |
[10:38] | Well, maybe he is. | 也许他有愧呢 |
[10:38] | Yes, for all you know, he’s at home right now, | 对啊 你怎么知道他没正在家踱步 |
[10:41] | pacing the floor, unable to sleep. | 失眠呢 |
[10:44] | Well, that’s a comforting thought, Niles. | 这倒是让我舒服了不少 Niles |
[10:47] | But we’ll never know for sure, now, will we? | 但这就无从得知了 不是吗 |
[10:50] | Well, enough about this. | 好了不说了 |
[10:51] | You know, I think I’m off to bed. Goodnight all. | 我去睡觉 晚安了 |
[10:55] | – Goodnight! – Goodnight, son. | – 晚安 – 晚安 儿子 |
[10:56] | You know, I’m really proud of Fras. | 我真的很为Fras骄傲 |
[10:58] | Used to be he’d get a bee in his bonnet, and he’d never get it out. | 以前他眼里都揉不进半粒沙 |
[11:00] | Yes, I thought we’d be hearing about this one for weeks. | 对啊 我还以为我们要跟着听好几周呢 |
[11:03] | Well, the old Frasier would’ve been up with this all night. | 以前的Frasier会整晚挂念着不睡 |
[11:05] | Exactly! Wouldn’t be able to sleep | 没错 绝对睡不着 |
[11:07] | until he went over to Bulldog’s to make sure he wasn’t sleeping. | 除非能去Bulldog家 确保人家没在睡 |
[11:12] | I should have told him to pick up some more milk. | 我该让他捎点牛奶回来的 |
[11:28] | Okay, okay. | 来了来了 |
[11:31] | What are you doing here? | 你来这儿做什么 |
[11:32] | I want to talk to you. | 我想跟你谈谈 |
[11:34] | Ugh. This isn’t a good time. I got company. | 呃 现在不是个好时候 我有客人 |
[11:37] | You have done something horrible, and selfish. | 你做的事很可恶 很自私 |
[11:39] | And I need to know that you feel bad about it. | 我必须要知道你很愧疚 |
[11:41] | What, you’ve been looking through the keyhole? | 敢情你一直趴锁眼偷看来着 |
[11:44] | I’m talking about what happened with Roz. | 我指Roz那件事 |
[11:46] | Aw, not this again. | 又来了 |
[11:48] | Bulldog, I’m lonely. | Bulldog 我好孤单哦 |
[11:50] | Talk to your sister for a sec. I’ll be right there. | 先跟你姐聊着 我马上就来 |
[11:53] | Ooh, man, I gotta go. See ya manana. | 兄弟 我真该走了 明儿见 |
[11:55] | Bulldog Bulldog Bulldog, Bulldog! | |
[11:59] | Would you stop that? | 你能打住吗 |
[12:00] | I am not leaving | 除非我知道你表示忏悔 |
[12:00] | until I know that you feel some remorse for what you’ve done. | 否则我是不会走的 |
[12:03] | – Wow, this is really bugging you, isn’t it? – Yes! | – 哇哦 你还真的纠结起来了 – 没错 |
[12:06] | Well, OK, all right, all right. | 好吧好吧 |
[12:08] | The truth? | 想听实话么 |
[12:10] | The truth is I feel bad. I feel real bad. | 实话是我感觉很糟 非常糟 |
[12:14] | You feel nothing. | 你糟个屁 |
[12:18] | I’m sorry, doc! These little things just don’t get to me. | 对不起 医生 这种小事就是犯不着我 |
[12:21] | The little thing in question | 这种小事 |
[12:22] | is using a pregnant woman as a human shield. | 是指把一个怀孕妇女当人形盾牌 |
[12:25] | Have you no conscience? | 你就没有良知吗 |
[12:26] | Well, maybe I don’t. | 也许我真没有 |
[12:27] | I refuse to believe that. | 我不相信 |
[12:29] | Well, maybe it was something I was born without… | 也许我生来就没有呢 |
[12:31] | like, oh, like my cousin. | 就像我堂兄 |
[12:32] | He was born without a big toe on each foot. | 他生来就没有大拇脚趾 |
[12:35] | I used to sneak up on him, | 我以前经常从背后偷袭他 |
[12:36] | tip him over. | 把他弄个脚朝天 |
[12:38] | I didn’t feel bad about that either. See ya, doc. | 我对那事也没啥感觉 回见了 医生 |
[12:41] | No! No! No, you don’t! I know you’ve got a conscience. | 不 不 不 我知道你有良知 |
[12:44] | It must be buried deep down inside there. | 它就在你内心深处 |
[12:45] | I will find a way to get it out of you! | 我会找到它的 |
[12:47] | Yeah, you do that, doc. | 嗯 你请便吧 |
[12:48] | No, you mark my words, | 不 你记住我的话 |
[12:49] | I don’t know how yet, but come Saturday night, | 我还没想到方法 但周六晚上 |
[12:51] | you will be so consumed with guilt, | 你一定会被愧疚折磨到不行 |
[12:53] | you will not be able to accept that Man of the Year Award! | 以至于你无法接受年度人物奖 |
[13:04] | Daphne Daphne. | |
[13:08] | – Oh, you’re gorgeous. – Oh, thank you. | – 噢 你好美 – 谢谢你 |
[13:10] | Dad, not bad, either. | 老爸也不错啊 |
[13:12] | Thanks, although I guess any guy looks good in a monkey suit. | 谢了 但穿礼服不好看也难 |
[13:15] | On the drive over I started musing about why they call it a monkey suit. | 开车过来的路上 我就在想这么叫的原因 |
[13:19] | – I had quite a few theories on that one. – Oh, she sure did. | – 我想出好多理论哦 – 这是真话 |
[13:22] | Can I get a ride home with you? | 今晚坐你车回家行不 |
[13:24] | Of course. | 当然 |
[13:27] | Oh, Roz, is everything all right? | 噢 Roz 你没事吧 |
[13:29] | Yeah, I’m fine. | 嗯 我很好 |
[13:30] | It’s just that my hair is huge | 只是我头大得可怕 |
[13:32] | and this dress is a joke. | 而这裙子就是个笑话 |
[13:34] | No, nonsense, Roz. | 别说胡话了 Roz |
[13:35] | You look divine. | 你看起来美极了 |
[13:36] | No, I look like Divine. | 不 我看起来就像Divine |
[13:40] | I’ve got to go sit down. | 我要去坐下来 |
[13:45] | Oh, my God. | 天啊 |
[13:46] | Look at the way the lights are shining on the sequins on this dress. | 你看这灯全打在我这亮片上 |
[13:50] | I’m a disco ball. | 我就是个迪斯科球灯 |
[13:54] | Well, it certainly promises to be quite a night. | 今晚应该会很不错啊 |
[13:57] | Yeah! You know, I’m glad to see you’re enjoying yourself. | 是啊 我很高兴你能玩得开心 |
[14:00] | I wasn’t sure that you would, | 原本还担心呢 |
[14:01] | what with Bulldog getting that award and everything. | 因为Bulldog得奖那事 |
[14:03] | Well, Dad, I wouldn’t be surprised if Bulldog actually declines that award. | 爸 也许Bulldog会拒绝接受那奖呢 |
[14:07] | Why would he? | 为什么 |
[14:07] | Well, I’ve arranged a few surprises to prick his conscience. | 我安排了一些惊喜来刺探他的良知 |
[14:11] | Until, like Hamlet’s stepfather, | 直到他像哈姆雷特的继父那样 |
[14:12] | he totters from the banquet, | 踉跄着走出宴会 |
[14:14] | ghostly pale and gibbering with guilt. | 脸色如死人般苍白 内疚到语无伦次 |
[14:18] | Could I get a ride home with you? | 今晚能坐你车走吗 |
[14:24] | – Niles. – Hello, all. | – Niles – 大家好 |
[14:26] | Daphne, you look stunning. | Daphne 你好漂亮 |
[14:28] | Oh, thanks. You look very smart. | 噢 谢谢 你也很帅 |
[14:31] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[14:31] | Of course, I guess it’s hard not to look elegant in evening wear. | 当然了 穿晚礼服不显得优雅也很难 |
[14:39] | Hard, but not impossible. | 虽然难 但还是可行的 |
[14:42] | Well, shall we take our seats? | 我们坐下来吧 |
[14:44] | Yes, although if Dame Rumour is correct, I won’t be sitting long. | 好的 但如果传言可信 我不会坐很久的 |
[14:48] | Listen, now are we all at table 105? | 我们都在105桌吗 |
[14:51] | We’re at table four. | 我们在4号桌 |
[14:54] | Excuse me. Where is this table? | 打扰一下 请问这桌在哪里 |
[14:56] | 105. That’s the technical awards. | 105 那是技术奖 |
[14:59] | Just go down to the basement, | 请去一层 |
[15:00] | cross through the kitchen to the hall, and ask for the Napoleon Room. | 穿过厨房去大厅 找拿破仑房 |
[15:04] | Oh, the Napoleon Room, that sounds charming. | 噢 拿破仑房 听起来不错 |
[15:07] | We call it that cause the ceilings are so low. | 叫它拿破仑是因为天花板超级低 |
[15:12] | Shame. Now you won’t get to see your brother host | 太可惜了 你没机会看你哥哥主持了 |
[15:15] | or hear all the little jokes he’s written. | 还有他精心编写的那些小笑话 |
[15:19] | Thank you, Daphne. I needed some cheering up. | 谢谢 Daphne 我正需要开心下 |
[15:27] | Oh, Bulldog. | 噢 Bulldog |
[15:29] | Aw, Jeez, let’s go this way. | 哎呀 我们这边走 |
[15:30] | Oh, no, there’s no reason to avoid me, Bulldog. | 别 没必要躲着我 Bulldog |
[15:31] | I have no intention of ruining your evening. | 我没想要毁掉你的晚上 |
[15:34] | In fact, I’ve gone to great lengths to make it memorable. | 为了让今晚终生难忘 我下了好多功夫呢 |
[15:35] | Eh, you been sleeping okay, doc? You look a little tired. | 你睡眠可好 你看起来有点累 |
[15:38] | Oh, don’t you worry about me, | 噢 不用担心 |
[15:40] | I’ll sleep fine tonight. The sleep of the just. | 我今晚会睡好的 正义公平之眠 |
[15:43] | Me, too. The sleep of the just-boinked. | 我也一样 正好做完之眠 |
[15:48] | 西雅图 广播 颁奖礼 | |
[15:49] | And the nominees are… Consumer Forum. | 被提名的有 消费者论坛 |
[15:52] | Wendy Yashiro, talent, | 主持人 Wendy Yashiro |
[15:54] | Mike Freedman, producer. | 制作人 Mike Freedman |
[15:57] | The Dr Frasier Crane Show. | Frasier Crane医生秀 |
[15:59] | Dr Frasier Crane, talent, | 主持人 Frasier Crane医生 |
[16:00] | Roz Doyle, producer. | 制作人 Roz Doyle |
[16:04] | And Bob and Nipsey’s Morning Laugh Factory. | 还有Bob和Nipsey的晨间欢乐工厂 |
[16:08] | Bob and Nipsey, talent, | 主持人 Bob和Nipsey |
[16:09] | Lunatic Larry, producer. | 制作人 Lunatic Larry |
[16:17] | And the SeaBea goes to… | 获奖者是 |
[16:21] | Well, well, Bob and Nipsey’s Morning Laugh Factory. | 很好 Bob和Nipsey的晨间欢乐工厂 |
[16:27] | Bob and Nipsey couldn’t make it tonight, | Bob和Nipsey今晚无法来到现场 |
[16:30] | so I accept this award on their behalf. | 所以我来替他们收下这个奖 |
[16:33] | That brings us to our final category. | 下面是最后一项 |
[16:36] | but rather than compete with the coffee service, | 但不要着急 |
[16:38] | let’s take a short break | 让我们稍作休息 |
[16:39] | and we’ll be right back with the Man of the Year award. | 马上回来颁发年度人物奖 |
[16:48] | Sorry you didn’t win. | 很抱歉你没得奖 |
[16:50] | Oh, god, that’s all right. | 噢 没事啦 |
[16:50] | I’m only concerned about one award tonight. | 我今晚只关心一个奖 |
[16:53] | That’s the next one! | 那就是下一个 |
[16:54] | Hey, Dr Crane, how did it go? | 嘿 Crane医生 怎么样 |
[16:57] | I lost. | 我没得奖 |
[16:59] | Sorry you didn’t win. | 抱歉你没得奖 |
[17:00] | God, I’ve been saying that a lot tonight. | 天 我今晚这是说了多少遍了 |
[17:03] | Oh, look, wine. | 哦看呀 红酒 |
[17:05] | They didn’t serve alcohol at the technical awards, | 技术奖上可没有酒 |
[17:07] | as I informed so many of the guests | 我这句话今晚跟人重复了无数次 |
[17:09] | who mistook me for their waiter. | 因为他们都以为我是服务员 |
[17:13] | You see, I was the only nominee dressed in black tie, | 你看哈 我是唯一一个穿礼服的提名者 |
[17:16] | except for the one man in front wearing a tuxedo t-shirt. | 除了一男的穿了件燕尾服T恤 |
[17:20] | I’m sorry, Niles. | 抱歉了 Niles |
[17:22] | At least I didn’t come home empty-handed. | 至少我没空手回家 |
[17:24] | We each received one of these handsome certificates, | 我们每个人都领到了这份精美的证书 |
[17:26] | which were given out after we’d folded our tables and stacked our chairs. | 奖励我们收拾好了桌椅 |
[17:34] | Welcome back, ladies and gentlemen. | 欢迎回来 女士们先生们 |
[17:36] | Now the time has come to present | 现在到了颁发 |
[17:38] | the Harold Hirschauer Man of the Year Award. | Harold Hirschauer年度人物奖 |
[17:42] | Thank you, Susan. | 谢谢 Susan |
[17:44] | As you all know, | 如你们所知 |
[17:45] | this award is presented every year to the radio personality | 这份年度奖是颁给一位 |
[17:49] | that brings honour to our medium. | 为广播界带来荣耀的广播人 |
[17:53] | This year that person is Bob “Bulldog” Brisco. | 今年这个人是Bob Bulldog Brisco |
[17:57] | Come on up here, Bulldog. | 快上台来 Bulldog |
[18:03] | Wow, what a night, huh? | 哇哦 多棒的一晚啊 |
[18:05] | Well, Bob, the night is just beginning for you. | Bob 今晚对你来说才刚开始呢 |
[18:09] | Could we please lower the house lights? | 麻烦调暗下舞台灯光 |
[18:13] | What’s going on? | 这是做什么 |
[18:14] | Just a few surprise guests | 我只是邀请了些惊喜嘉宾 |
[18:16] | that I’ve invited to help you celebrate this evening! | 来帮你庆祝 |
[18:18] | People from your past that | 他们来自你的过去 |
[18:20] | helped make you the man that you are today. | 你能成为今日的你 他们功不可没 |
[18:24] | Do you recognise this voice? | 你认识这个声音吗 |
[18:28] | Bobby Brisco, you have made us all proud. | Bobby Brisco我们都为你骄傲 |
[18:31] | Oh, my gosh. Is that…? | 我的天 那是 |
[18:33] | Yes. It’s Father O’Rourke, | 是的 是O’Rourke神父 |
[18:35] | your boyhood priest and childhood confessor. | 你童年时代的告解神父 |
[18:42] | And who’s there next to him? | 坐在他旁边的人是谁呢 |
[18:44] | Bobby Brisco, sit down in your chair. | Bobby Brisco 坐回你椅子上 |
[18:48] | That’s right. It’s Mrs McCloud, your second grade teacher, | 没错 是McCloud夫人 你二年级的老师 |
[18:51] | the woman who taught you that honesty is the best policy. | 是她教给你诚实才是唯一出路 |
[18:58] | And who’s that next to her? | 她旁边的又是谁 |
[18:59] | Drop and give me fifty, Bulldog. | 掉球就罚钱 Bulldog |
[19:01] | Oh, my gosh, Coach Nugent! | 天啊 Nugent教练 |
[19:04] | It’s Coach Nugent, from your peewee football days, | 是你少年时代的足球教练Nugent |
[19:07] | the man who taught you that it doesn’t matter whether you win or lose | 是他教了你无论输赢 |
[19:10] | but that you play the game fair! | 都一定要玩得公平 |
[19:11] | You’re wasting your time. | 你是在浪费时间 |
[19:13] | And who’s that next to him? | 坐在他旁边的又是谁 |
[19:14] | Yes! It’s the president of your fan club, | 没错 是你粉丝俱乐部的会长 |
[19:19] | little Joey Katona, | 小Joey Katona |
[19:20] | whose only dream is to grow up and be just like you. | 他唯一的梦想就是长大变成你 |
[19:27] | But we’re not through yet. | 但我们还没完 |
[19:30] | Could we please bring the house lights up again? | 能否调亮下舞台灯光 |
[19:35] | We’ve saved the best for last. | 最好的留在最后 |
[19:38] | It’s the woman that gave everything to you. | 是那个给了你一切的女人 |
[19:41] | Well, you’ll have to narrow that one down! | 那你可得说准了 |
[19:46] | The night would not be complete | 这个晚上不会是完整的 |
[19:50] | without the woman who taught you right from wrong. | 如果没有那个教你辨明是非的女人 |
[19:55] | It’s your mother, Bernice Brisco. | 是你的母亲 Bernice Brisco |
[20:00] | Mom! | 妈妈 |
[20:01] | – I am so proud of you, Bobby. – Oh, Ma!! | – 我很以你为豪 Bobby – 噢 妈 |
[20:05] | And let’s turn the microphone | 现在让我们把话筒 |
[20:07] | over to our guest of honour this evening. | 交给今晚的荣誉嘉宾 |
[20:09] | I’m sure we’re all anxious to hear what the hero has to say. | 大家肯定等不及要听英雄怎么说了 |
[20:18] | I’m really blown away by all this. | 这一切都让我很激动 |
[20:22] | I didn’t think I’d be accepting this in front of all you guys. | 我没想到我会在你们面前接受这个奖 |
[20:26] | I wrote up this little speech. | 我写了一份稿子 |
[20:30] | I can’t say this stuff now. | 但现在没法念了 |
[20:34] | What I’ve got to say is simple. | 我想说的很简单 |
[20:38] | This is totally awesome. Thank you, everybody. | 这一切棒极了 谢谢各位 |
[20:49] | This can’t be happening. | 怎么可能呢 |
[20:51] | Let it go. | 别再想了 |
[20:52] | I can’t. The man is a coward and he’s being rewarded. | 不行 他是个懦夫 却被奖赏 |
[20:56] | Guess I’m never gonna hear the end of this, now, am I? | 你还是不肯罢休对么 |
[20:57] | No! I’m sorry, Dad, but I won’t- | 不 对不起 爸 但我绝不 |
[20:59] | All right, just a minute. | 好吧 等一下 |
[20:59] | Hey, Bulldog, there’s a guy there with a gun. | 嘿 Bulldog 那边有人拿了把枪 |
[21:02] | There’s a gun! | 有枪 |
[21:05] | Sorry, my mistake. | 抱歉 我看错了 |
[21:07] | He used his own mother to protect himself. | 他拿他亲生母亲当挡箭牌 |
[21:09] | Eeeeew! | 恶 |
[21:10] | Is that what you did to me? | 你是不是就是这么对我的 |
[21:11] | No! I just, uh…. no, no! | 不 我只是 不 不 |
[21:13] | – What is the matter with you? – You don’t deserve that award. | – 你是什么毛病啊 – 你不配得那奖 |
[21:19] | Thanks, Dad. | 谢谢你 老爸 |
[21:20] | Hey, I’m no hero, I just wanted you to shut up. | 嘿 我可不是什么英雄 我只是想让你闭嘴 |