时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:09] | – Frasier Roz – Niles – Frasier, Roz. – Niles. | |
[00:11] | – I’d join you but there’s not a chair. – I was just leaving.You can have mine. | – 没椅子了我就坐别处吧 – 我这就走 你坐这吧 |
[00:15] | Niles, every time I give you my chair, you wipe it off first. | Niles 每次你坐我的座位都得先擦擦 |
[00:19] | It’s just insulting. | 你这是对我赤果果的羞辱 |
[00:23] | For your information, I was reaching for my cell phone. | 其实 我只是想拿我的手机 |
[00:28] | Oh, I’m sorry, Niles. I stepped out of line. See you later, Frasier. | 哦 抱歉 Niles 我想多了 再见 Frasier |
[00:32] | Bye-bye, Roz. | 拜拜 Roz |
[00:36] | Cafe Nervosa. | 神经咖啡厅 |
[00:37] | This is Dr.Crane at table seven. | 我是Crane医生 现在在七号桌 |
[00:38] | Could you send someone to dust off my chair? | 你能来擦下座位吗 |
[00:40] | For God’s sake, Niles. I’ll do it. | 我天 Niles 我来擦行了吧 |
[00:43] | That’s the most ridiculous thing I’ve ever seen my entire life. | 我这辈子没见过这么矫情的事 |
[00:46] | Stop it. Just sit down. | 差不多行了 快点坐下 |
[00:51] | May I have one of those, please? | 请给我也来一杯 |
[00:53] | So, I understand you had a full dance card this weekend. | 我听说你这周末是佳人有约啊 |
[00:56] | Yes, indeed. | 没错 |
[00:57] | I met a lovely young artist | 我在周六的画廊开幕式上 |
[00:59] | at the gallery opening on Saturday. | 遇到了一个可爱的青年艺术家 |
[01:01] | We went out for coffee afterwards | 之后我们去喝了杯咖啡 |
[01:02] | and our date lasted until, well, | 很晚才回家 |
[01:05] | the cows didn’t actually come home | 多晚呢 虽然鸡还没叫 |
[01:08] | but I did hear mooing on the front porch. | 但也快了 |
[01:11] | Wait, I’m drawing a blank. The only woman I remember you chatting with | 等等 我有点懵 我只记得你在画廊里 |
[01:15] | at gallery was the one in the Birkenstocks | 跟一个穿勃肯鞋 |
[01:17] | who went on and on about her driftwood collages. | 不歇气地说自己的浮木拼贴画的女人聊天来着啊 |
[01:20] | – Yes, that’s Caitlin. – Oh! | – 对 就是她 Caitlin – 哦 |
[01:23] | Well, obviously we seem different on the surface | 确实 咋一看 我俩是大不相同 |
[01:25] | but once you get to know her, trust me, she is really a breath of fresh air. | 但一旦你了解她了 相信我 她是一股清流 |
[01:30] | God, I haven’t felt this excited about a relationship in ages. | 老天 我多少年没这么激动了 |
[01:33] | That’s wonderful, Frasier. Thank you. | 太好了 Frasier 谢谢 |
[01:36] | So, is she from around here? | 那 她是这附近的人吗 |
[01:39] | – It didn’t come up. – Oh, I see. | – 没提这个 – 哦 这样啊 |
[01:42] | – Where did she go to school? – She didn’t mention it. | – 她在哪儿上的学啊 – 她没说 |
[01:49] | – Probably art school. – Oh, yes. | – 可能是艺术学校 – 是啊 |
[01:51] | Being an artist, I’m sure | 作为一个艺术家 她肯定 |
[01:52] | she is enthusiastic about the finer things. | 特别喜欢那些高雅的东西 |
[01:54] | – Literature, music… – Er, I don’t know, we never got around to that. | – 文学 音乐 – 额 不知道 我俩没聊这个 |
[01:58] | You know what I think I’m putting you on the spot here. | 诶呀 我不该咄咄逼人 |
[02:00] | Let’s just leave it at congratulations on your new relationship. | 就祝你的新恋情一帆风顺好了 |
[02:05] | What are you implying? | 你到底想说什么啊 |
[02:07] | Oh, I think we both know what | 呵呵 我觉得咱俩肯定都懂 |
[02:08] | kind of relationship we’re talking about. | 这算是什么样的感情 |
[02:11] | Would you stop saying the word “Relationship” That way? Relationship. | 能不能别把这俩字说得阴阳怪气的 感情 |
[02:15] | – I’m not condemning you for your little fling. – Oh for God sake. | – 我不是怪你随便 – 苍天啊 |
[02:20] | Just don’t try to pass it off as something deeper than it is. | 但你就别硬说这是什么有意义的感情关系了 |
[02:23] | The only thing you two have in common is the faint impression | 你们俩唯一的共同点就是对你臀部 |
[02:25] | of the word “Sealy” on your backsides. | 上的刺青”Sealy”有那么点模糊的印象 |
[02:32] | Listen, Niles, I would never stay in a relationship | 非也 Niles 如果看不到未来 |
[02:34] | if I didn’t think there was some real future in it. | 我不会冒失开始一段感情 |
[02:36] | In other words, if you were to realize that the two of you | 也就是说 要是你发现你俩除了 |
[02:38] | had nothing in common beyond the physical, you’d break it off? | 生理需求没别的共同点 你就跟她分手 |
[02:40] | Yes, absolutely. In a heartbeat! It’s a principle of mine. | 是啊 肯定的 马上分 这是我的原则 |
[02:43] | You know this topic comes up all | 这个话题我经常在 |
[02:44] | the time on my show. What do I always say? | 节目里提到啊 我怎么说来着 |
[02:47] | – Surely you must listen occasionally. – Of course I listen occasionally. | – 你偶尔总会听一听的吧 – 那当然了 |
[02:51] | It is just I’m usually busy between eleven and one. | 只不过我十一点到一点通常都很忙 |
[02:54] | My show is on from two to five. | 我的节目是从两点到五点 |
[03:00] | – I can’t wait to see the look on his face. – Me, too. He doesn’t have a clue. | – 好期待他的反应呢 – 我也是 他一点儿都没察觉 |
[03:03] | Yes, all set. | 好了 走起 |
[03:05] | – Happy birthday to you… – Oh, dear God. | – 祝你生日快乐 – 苍天大地呀 |
[03:09] | Happy birthday to you… | 祝你生日快乐 |
[03:11] | Happy birthday, dear Eddie. | 祝Eddie生日快乐 |
[03:15] | Happy birthday to you… | 祝你生日快乐 |
[03:20] | OK, let’s do it together. | 来吧 咱爷俩一起来 |
[03:22] | Good boy. Great! | 好孩子 好 |
[03:25] | That was terrific. | 太棒了 |
[03:28] | – I wonder if he made a wish. – I know I did. | – 不知道他许愿了没有 – 反正我是许了 |
[03:31] | – Niles. – Hello, Frasier. | – Niles – 嗨 Frasier |
[03:33] | Daphne, Dad, step lively! We don’t want to miss the previews. | Daphne 爸 快点啊 电影首映式呢 可别晚了 |
[03:35] | In a minute. Come on, birthday boy. I haven’t given you your present yet. | 这就来 来呀 小寿星 我还没给你礼物呐 |
[03:39] | I got him a brand-new, rubber eeseburger-chay. | 我给他买了个新的汉堡造型狗嚼棒 |
[03:45] | So Frasier, can we convince you to join us? | Frasier 你确定不跟我们一起去吗 |
[03:48] | Oh, I don’t think so, Dr. Crane. | 肯定的啊 Crane医生 |
[03:49] | Your brother’s been slaving away in the kitchen all afternoon. | 你哥一下午都在厨房忙活 |
[03:52] | Actually, I’m having Caitlin over for dinner. | 嗯 我叫了Caitlin来吃晚餐 |
[03:54] | Oh, for dinner. | 哦 晚餐 |
[04:02] | And what would you be preparing for dinner? | 那你都准备了什么呀 |
[04:08] | I’ll thank you to stop with your sniggering insinuations that | 我谢你了 能别讥讽我和Caitlin |
[04:11] | Caitlin and I share nothing but the physical! | 除了生理需求就没别的共同点了吗 |
[04:14] | There are many things that we do share. | 我们能分享的多了 |
[04:16] | Caitlin Caitlin. | |
[04:20] | Now they’re sharing a Tic Tac. | 他俩连口香糖都能分享 |
[04:24] | Let me take your coat. | 外套给我吧 |
[04:27] | – You remember Niles, of course. And this is Daphne, Caitlin. – Hello. | – 你记得Niles吧 这是Daphne Caitlin – 嗨 |
[04:30] | Don’t worry, we’ll be out of your way in a minute. | 别担心 我们马上就走 |
[04:33] | just as soon as I can tear Mr Crane away from Eddie. | 只要我能把Crane老爷子跟Eddie分开 |
[04:35] | Yes, he’s having a little birthday party for his dog. | 呃 他给他的狗开生日派对呢 |
[04:38] | Oh, how old is he? | 哦 多大啦 |
[04:40] | Too old to be having a birthday party for his dog. | 反正已经过了给狗开生日派对的年纪了 |
[04:43] | Anyway, can I interest you in a drink? | 要喝点酒吗 |
[04:45] | I’ve just opened a bottle of Conte de Bruillet. | 我刚开了瓶布鲁依丘庄干红 |
[04:48] | Oh, you must have been saving it. | 哦 你肯定保存了很久吧 |
[04:49] | Bourgogne hasn’t made a decent Beaujolais in years. | 这几年勃艮第的博诺莱红酒都没法喝 |
[04:49] | 博若莱(Beaujolais)是法国南部勃艮第地区的一个葡萄酒产区 以每年十一月第三个星期四开始解禁销售的博若莱新酒闻名于世 | |
[04:51] | Well, do you hear that, Niles? | 你听见没 Niles |
[04:56] | Our Caitlin is a fellow oenophile. | 我们的Caitlin也是一位品酒专家 |
[04:58] | When I was little, my father owned a vineyard. | 我小的时候 我爸有个葡萄园 |
[05:01] | I was the only kid on the block who would | 在我们那条街上 我是唯一一个会 |
[05:02] | open a can of Hawaiian Punch | 打开一盒夏威夷鸡尾酒 |
[05:03] | and let it breathe. | 让它醒一会儿再喝的小孩儿 |
[05:06] | Ha ha ha. And we share that same quirky sense of humor. | 哈哈哈 我们也有一样的奇怪笑点哦 |
[05:09] | Would you care for a glass? | 来一杯 |
[05:10] | No, thanks, actually I’ve always hated the taste of wine. | 不啦 谢谢 其实我不喜欢红酒的味道 |
[05:13] | Finally. Something I can use to tell you two apart. | 总算找到区分你俩的地方了 |
[05:21] | Martini then? | 那来点马蒂尼 |
[05:22] | I cut out alcohol last year, along with processed sugar, | 我去年戒酒了 还戒了糖 |
[05:25] | dairy products and meat. Oh, I hope I’m not screwing up your menu. | 戒了奶制品和肉 哦 我没打乱你做菜的计划吧 |
[05:29] | – What are you serving? – Well, so far… | – 你做了什么呀 – 现在有 |
[05:32] | parsley | 欧芹 |
[05:35] | and curvy orange slices. | 还有切好的橙子 |
[05:38] | – But we’ll make do. Let me get you a glass of mineral water. – Thanks. | – 没关系的 我去给你拿杯矿泉水 – 谢谢 |
[05:43] | Please, help yourself to the melon slices. Just… | 你自己吃点哈密瓜吧 就 |
[05:48] | unwind the prosciutto. | 忽略那些意大利熏火腿吧 |
[05:51] | Frasier, I owe you an apology. You two are perfectly compatible. | Frasier 我得跟你道歉 你俩很配 |
[05:55] | How long would it be before we’re standing outside a wedding chapel | 你俩的婚期不远了吧 我好期待 |
[05:58] | pelting you both with whole grain brown rice? | 在教堂外向你俩撒全麦糙米呢 |
[06:01] | Spare me your sarcasm. | 不讽刺我你能死吗 |
[06:02] | Oh, come on. Let me have my fun. You’re certainly having yours. | 哦 得了 我得找点乐子啊 你也找了不少乐子呀 |
[06:06] | Even if you deny that’s what you’re doing. | 虽然你不承认 但这是事实啊 |
[06:07] | Niles, I’ve already told you, I would never continue the relationship | Niles 我告诉过你了 如果我看不到未来 |
[06:11] | if I didn’t feel that there was real future in it. | 我是绝对不会冒失开始一段感情的 |
[06:12] | and I happen to believe that there is in this one! | 而且我相信我俩有真情实感 |
[06:15] | Have you ever heard of opposites attracting? | 你没听过什么叫异性相吸吗 |
[06:17] | Where I am worldly, Caitlin is unspoiled. | 我老于世故 而Caitlin涉世未深(新鲜未变质) |
[06:20] | Rather remarkable, given her terror of preservatives. | 不容易啊 那么怕防腐剂还能保持不变质 |
[06:25] | Oh, Frasier, I just met your dad. Did you know we’re both Libras? | Frasier 我见到你爸啦 你知道我俩都是天秤座吗 |
[06:29] | Which explains why I’m so perky, open-minded and quick to tears. | 这就解释了为啥我这么活泼 开明 而且感伤 |
[06:36] | – And don’t forget outgoing. – No, I didn’t. | – 别忘了还有外向呢 – 我没忘 |
[06:39] | Everybody coming? | 咱们走吧 |
[06:40] | – Well, it’s nice meeting you all. – Nice to meet you, too, Caitlin. | – 很高兴见到你们 – 我们也是 Caitlin |
[06:43] | – I will walk you to the door. – All right. | – 我送你到门口 – 得了 |
[06:45] | Will you stop smirking? | 别奸笑了 |
[06:46] | It’s going to take more than a harmless dabbling in astrology | 不就说了点星座的事嘛 |
[06:49] | to dim the charm of this appealing young woman. | 这并不会让这个漂亮女人的魅力打折 |
[06:51] | Oh, my God! This is the coolest chair. | 天呐 这真是最棒的沙发了 |
[06:58] | Just get out. | 赶紧走吧你 |
[07:10] | – Morning, Frasier. – Oh, morning, Dad. | – 早啊 Frasier – 哦 早上好 爸 |
[07:14] | What’s the matter? | 你怎么了 |
[07:18] | It’s Caitlin. | Caitlin的事 |
[07:21] | I’m in hell. | 我简直生不如死 |
[07:24] | Last night I experienced the most | 昨晚我体验了这辈子 |
[07:25] | intense physical pleasure I’ve ever known. | 最爽的一次生理快感 |
[07:29] | Frasier, before you continue, | Frasier 你先打住 |
[07:33] | I shared my bed last night with a dog. | 昨晚跟我同床共枕的是一只狗 |
[07:40] | That’s not the problem, Dad. | 我要说的不是这个 爸 |
[07:42] | It’s just there’s absolutely no future for me and Caitlin. | 只是我和Caitlin根本没有未来可言 |
[07:46] | Well I gotta say I never thought there was. She’s a flake. | 我也是这么觉得 她是个非常古怪的人 |
[07:49] | That’s not the point. | 这不是重点 |
[07:51] | Granted, there are aspects of her personality that I find off-putting. | 虽然 她有很多地方我确实不喜欢 |
[07:55] | Like her being a flake. | 比如她非常古怪 |
[07:56] | Well, all right! | 好吧 好吧 |
[07:58] | It’s just difficult to walk away from something so intoxicating. | 只是 拒绝这么令人迷醉的可人儿真是太难了 |
[08:02] | Fras, I’m gonna say one thing. | Fras 我得劝你一句 |
[08:05] | Watch out for this woman. I know how these things work. | 小心这个女人 这种事我太了解了 |
[08:09] | – You’ve experienced something like this? – I didn’t say that. | – 你经历过这种事 – 我可没这么说 |
[08:12] | I just know the type. | 但道理我还是懂的 |
[08:14] | Today, she’s got you going against your better judgement. | 她开始慢慢影响你的判断力 |
[08:18] | Pretty soon you’ll be thinking about her all the time, | 很快你就开始无时无刻不想着她 |
[08:21] | losing sleep, missing work, neglecting your friends. | 失眠 旷工 疏远朋友 |
[08:28] | And then pretty soon you’ll get caught | 接着 你就会在警车后座上 |
[08:30] | naked with her in the back seat of your squad car. | 跟她一起被抓奸在床 |
[08:39] | But, anyway, the point is the longer you put this off, | 总之 我要说的就是 你越拖 |
[08:44] | the harder it’s going to be to end it. | 就越难了结这事 |
[08:47] | You’re absolutely right, Dad. Got to nip this thing in the bud. | 你说的太对了 老爸 必须得把这萌芽扼杀掉 |
[08:52] | I’ll go over there now. | 我现在就去找她 |
[08:53] | Doing anything else would make me a hypocrite. | 否则我不就成了伪君子了嘛 |
[08:55] | You know, just yesterday I dedicated an | 昨天整个节目我都在讲 |
[08:59] | entire theme show to the importance of self-control. | 自我控制的重要性 |
[09:02] | – You did? – Doesn’t anybody listen? | – 是吗 – 到底有没有人听我的节目啊 |
[09:13] | – Who is it? – It’s Frasier. | – 谁呀 – 是我 Frasier |
[09:16] | Oh my God, why didn’t you call first? | 天呐 你怎么没先打个电话呢 |
[09:18] | Oh, I’m working on one of my collages. | 我在创作呢 |
[09:22] | I’m covered in paint. | 我满身都是油彩 |
[09:23] | I got turpentine in my hair. I’m all sweaty. | 头发里都是松脂 还一身的汗 |
[09:26] | It’ll only take a moment. I need to talk to you about something. | 只要一会就好 我想跟你说点事 |
[09:31] | Oh, all right, but be nice. | 好吧 但是不准笑我 |
[09:36] | Well, actually, I… | 其实我 |
[09:38] | Good Lord, you really do look… | 老天 你的确挺 |
[09:41] | Good Lord. | 老天 |
[09:52] | – Hey, Roz. – Hey, Daphne, is Frasier here? | – 嘿 Roz – 嘿 Daphne Frasier在吗 |
[09:54] | No, he’s not back yet. | 不在 他还没回来 |
[09:55] | He was supposed to meet me at Cafe over a hour ago | 我们约好一小时前在咖啡馆见面 |
[09:57] | to finish this paperwork. | 好把这些文件弄完的 |
[09:58] | Now he can just do it himself. | 现在让他自己搞定吧 |
[10:01] | – Can I use our powder room? – Yeah, of course. | – 我能借用下洗手间吗 – 当然了 |
[10:04] | Obviously, Frasier’s attempt to break up with Caitlin has gone awry again. | 很显然Frasier想要跟Caitlin分手的尝试又失败了 |
[10:08] | Thanks to him, I have missed the wine tasting. | 要不是他 我怎么会错过了品酒会 |
[10:10] | What kind of weak-willed man allows a woman to come between him | 是怎样意志薄弱的男人才会让女人介入他和 |
[10:13] | and a 1981 Cheval Blanc? | 81年的白马堡红酒之间啊 |
[10:15] | You know, just out of curiosity, | 我就是有点好奇 |
[10:17] | why didn’t you go by yourself | 你为什么不自己去呢 |
[10:18] | instead of sitting here with me for half an hour? | 反而在这陪我坐了半个小时 |
[10:24] | I was worried about him, Daphne, worried sick. | 我是担心他啊 Daphne 太担心了 |
[10:28] | – Hello all. – Dr Crane. | – 大家好啊 – Crane医生 |
[10:30] | Were you at Caitlin’s all this time? | 你一直跟Caitlin在一起吗 |
[10:33] | Heavens, no, I stopped by early this morning. | 当然不是啊 我早晨过去了一趟 |
[10:38] | We’ve decided to go our separate ways. | 我俩决定分道扬镳 |
[10:41] | And then I met up with Roz, went over some paperwork. | 然后我去见了Roz 看了一些资料 |
[10:45] | You know how she is these days. | 你知道她现在的情况 |
[10:47] | You know, get her on one of her troubles and yak-yak-yak-yak-yak! | 说起她的问题就没完没了的 |
[10:50] | And yet she makes every story so interesting, | 不过她的故事都很有意思 |
[10:53] | I could listen to her for hours. And… | 我可以听她说上几个小时 |
[10:56] | Knock it off, Frasier. Where have you been? | 快别胡编了 Frasier 你去哪了 |
[10:58] | Oh, well, where do you think I’ve been? Trying to break up with Caitlin. | 呃 你觉得我还能去哪啊 去跟Caitlin分手啊 |
[11:03] | But did I do it? No. | 但是我分了吗 没有 |
[11:06] | And why? Because I’m Frasier and I’m a sexoholic. | 为什么呢 因为我叫Frasier 是个性爱狂 |
[11:19] | It’s obvious what’s happening here. | 这再明显不过了啊 |
[11:21] | You are having a purely sexual fling | 你这就是一段纯粹的纵欲 |
[11:24] | that happens to all of us at some time in our lives. | 这事我们都会遇到的 |
[11:27] | The one where the chemistry is perfect | 你们强烈地吸引着对方 |
[11:29] | Where you can’t even be alone together in a room | 只要单独相处 |
[11:31] | without tearing each other’s clothes off and jumping each other. | 就迫不及待地扒掉衣服纠缠在一起 |
[11:34] | I mean does this sound familiar? | 是不是听着很熟悉啊 |
[11:36] | – Yes. – Yeah. | – 是啊 – 是 |
[11:43] | Everyone’s had a relationship like that. I know I have. | 每个人都经历过这样的事 我也有 |
[11:46] | His name was… | 他叫 |
[11:49] | – I can’t tell you this. – Come on. – It’s too embarrassing. | – 我不能告诉你们这个 – 说嘛 – 太尴尬了 |
[11:52] | We’re all friends here. We’re trying to help Frasier. | 我们都不是外人啊 我们只是想帮Frasier |
[11:54] | Yeah, well, it was so long ago, I don’t even remember all the details. | 也对 好吧 那是很久之前 我都快忘了 |
[11:57] | Take a minute. | 慢慢想 |
[12:00] | Well, it all started one afternoon | 起因是有一天下午 |
[12:04] | when I was sunbathing on the roof of our building. | 我在屋顶晒日光浴 |
[12:06] | I was concerned about tan lines in those days, | 我怕比基尼泳衣盖住的地方会晒不到 |
[12:08] | so I decided to unhook my bikini top. | 就把泳衣上身解开了 |
[12:12] | I’ll get it. | 我去接 |
[12:18] | Mine was this lifeguard. He had long, | 我的是一个救生员 他有长长的金发 |
[12:22] | blond hair and the bluest eyes. | 湛蓝湛蓝的眼睛 |
[12:24] | He used to get so sunburnt | 他常常晒伤 |
[12:27] | I’d spend hours just peeling the skin off his back. | 然后我就常常花大半天的时间把他背上的死皮剥掉 |
[12:31] | What was his name? | 他叫什么来着 |
[12:34] | Rick? Nick? I know there was an ick sound. | Rick Nick 反正肯定有ick(恶心)这个音 |
[12:37] | I was about to make one of those myself. | 我刚刚也想发这个音呢 |
[12:40] | My mother picks the worst times to call. Did I miss anything? | 我妈打电话太不会挑时间啦 我错过啥了吗 |
[12:44] | no, nothing. I believe you were starting to tell us a story? | 没 刚才你的故事还没讲完呐 |
[12:46] | Oh, yeah, that’s right. | 啊 对 |
[12:48] | Well, once I got my top off, I started thinking to myself, | 脱下上衣之后 我就在想 |
[12:52] | You know, I’ve never had an all-over tan. | 我从来没晒过全身的那种 |
[12:54] | So I looked about to see if I was still alone. | 所以我就四处看了看 是不是就我自己 |
[12:57] | Then I started to slip off my… | 然后我就开始脱下 |
[12:58] | Oh, the rolls are done. | 哦 蛋糕卷做好了 |
[13:04] | We haven’t heard anything from you, Niles. | 你还什么都没说呢 Niles |
[13:06] | Oh, I don’t think we’re exactly in Niles’ wheelhouse. | 这个 我估计Niles没有这种存货呢 |
[13:10] | I beg your pardon. | 你什么意思 |
[13:12] | Come on, Niles, I’ve heard your stories. They’re not the steamiest stuff. | 得了吧 Niles 我知道你的故事啊 没什么刺激的 |
[13:15] | Obviously, you’ve forgotten the semester I spent living in Paris. | 显然你不记得我去巴黎的那个学期了 |
[13:18] | I’ll have you know I had a torrid affair with a married woman. | 那时我跟一个有夫之妇有段跌宕的感情纠葛 |
[13:22] | – Really? – I’m sorry, Niles, I had no idea. | – 真的吗 – 抱歉 Niles 我不知道这事 |
[13:24] | It’s not something I boast about. | 我觉得也没什么好炫耀的就没提过 |
[13:26] | The attraction was simply overpowering. | 我们之间的吸引力太强大了 |
[13:29] | Every Thursday, two o’clock, the Hotel de Boulogne. | 每周四下午两点 在布洛涅酒店 |
[13:33] | We’d arrive separately, climb the stairs, open the door | 我俩分别前往 悄悄上了楼梯 开了门 |
[13:37] | and ooh-la-la. | 然后就 啪啪啪 |
[13:43] | What an embrace. | 多奇妙的经历啊 |
[13:45] | Afterwards, she’d whisper to me, | 事后她在我耳边说 |
[13:47] | “There’s something so sweet in your eyes, and it…” | “你眼睛里闪着如此甜蜜的光 让我” |
[13:51] | “…does me so much good,” Said Emma Bovary. | “特别的感动” 艾玛·包法利说的 |
[13:57] | If you’re going to steal a love life, | 你要想偷用别人的爱情故事的话 |
[13:59] | don’t steal from the classics, you imbecile! | 也别用古典名著啊 你这个蠢货 |
[14:06] | The part about being in Paris is true. | 去巴黎那段是真的 |
[14:09] | Here we are. Got them out of the oven just in time. | 来啦 我去的正是时候 |
[14:12] | Another minute and I would’ve had burnt buns. | 再多烤一分钟它们就要糊了 |
[14:14] | Which brings us back to your story. | 正好回到你的故事上来 |
[14:17] | Well, there I was wearing nothing but a smile | 然后 我就一丝不挂地躺着那里 面带微笑 |
[14:21] | when the sun started to shift. | 然后太阳开始偏移了 |
[14:23] | So I moved behind the water tower, | 所以我就跟着挪到水塔后边 |
[14:25] | and who was lying there but Derek. | Derek就刚好躺在那里 |
[14:28] | the good-looking fireman from across the hall. | 他是住在对面的帅气消防员 |
[14:31] | Yes, Who was also getting an all-over tan, I might add. | 正好也在一丝不挂地做日光浴 |
[14:33] | So I had two choices. | 我有两个选择 |
[14:35] | I could either tiptoe away or… | 要么我悄悄溜走 |
[14:38] | – Tea. – No, sit! | – 茶好了 – 别动 坐下 |
[14:40] | My God, must Daphne do everything around here? | 天呐 难道啥都得Daphne来做吗 |
[14:45] | I’ll get it. I could use a glass of iced water anyway. | 我去吧 反正我需要杯冰水 |
[14:48] | You’re not the only one. Let me give you a hand. | 我也是 我去帮你一把好了 |
[14:52] | – Is any of this helping? – Not much. | – 有点作用没啊 – 没啥大作用 |
[14:55] | You know, I’ve got to make a point here. For as long as I’ve known you, | 有句话我不得不说 我认识你这么长时间 |
[14:59] | you’ve been complaining about your lack of a sex life. | 你之前一直抱怨你性生活太少 |
[15:02] | Suddenly you have one, so why are you still complaining? | 现在突然有了 你还抱怨啥啊 |
[15:06] | Well, it just seems wrong. I’ve thought a lot about this… | 可是总感觉不太对劲 我想了很久 |
[15:10] | That’s your problem. You’ve thought too much about this. | 这就是你的问题 你想太多了 |
[15:13] | You know, why don’t you stop listening | 你就别太理智了 |
[15:16] | to your head and start listening to your body? | 顺其自然吧 |
[15:19] | You’re obviously enjoying this. Why do you have to feel so guilty about it? | 你显然很享受这段感情 哪来的罪恶感啊 |
[15:23] | Well, just I’m afraid I have no future with her. | 我就是担心我俩没有未来 |
[15:26] | So? | 所以呢 |
[15:28] | Well, maybe she thinks that she has a future with me. | 她可能觉得她跟我是有未来的啊 |
[15:30] | Well, then it would be wrong. But is that how she feels? | 那确实是不对的 可是她是这么想的吗 |
[15:34] | – I don’t know. – Ask her. | – 我不知道 – 问她啊 |
[15:36] | If she feels the same way you do, you should just enjoy yourself. | 要是她跟你想得一样 好好享受就好了啊 |
[15:39] | These things don’t come around very often | 这种事可不会经常发生 |
[15:41] | and they don’t last when they do. | 而且也不见得会持续很久 |
[15:44] | Well, you’re right, of course. | 你说的对 当然了 |
[15:45] | Over-thinking things can certainly spoil anything. | 想太多会破坏气氛的 |
[15:49] | You know, it’s funny, I gave the very same advice the other day | 有趣 之前节目里我给 |
[15:51] | on my show to that lawyer from Bainbridge. | 一个班布里奇的律师提了同样的意见 |
[15:53] | – I don’t remember that. – You were five feet away. | – 我不记得了 – 你当时距离我不到两米 |
[15:56] | Doesn’t anyone listen? | 难道没一个人听吗 |
[15:58] | It wasn’t until afterwards that we realized | 之后我们才意识到 |
[16:00] | we’d rolled onto the skylight above the main stairwell. | 我俩滚到主楼梯间的天窗上去了 |
[16:08] | We took some ribbing about that we did. | 我俩还拿这个事开玩笑来着 |
[16:35] | 此处借用 |
|
[16:37] | Well, I got everything’s under control. | 一切都在我的掌控之中 |
[16:39] | Dinner should be ready in about 20 minutes. | 晚饭再有二十多分钟就好了 |
[16:42] | – Smells wonderful. – So do you. | – 闻起来真香 – 你也是 |
[16:45] | – Caitlin, you know… – Yes? | – Caitlin 你 – 怎么啦 |
[16:49] | I wanted to ask you, where do you see this going? | 我想问你 你接下来怎么打算的呢 |
[16:53] | Right now I’m heading to your earlobe | 现在我的目标是你的耳垂 |
[16:56] | but if you care to reroute me, I’m open to suggestions. | 但是如果你有别的建议 我洗耳恭听 |
[17:01] | No, I mean our relationship. We’ve never talked about it. | 不 我是说咱俩的关系 我们从没聊过这些 |
[17:05] | Oh, Gee, I, I don’t know. I guess I was | 哦 天 额 我不知道啊 我想 |
[17:09] | kind of looking at this as a nice, casual thing. | 我觉得这就是很开心很随意的那种关系 |
[17:12] | I hope that doesn’t disappoint you. | 你不会失望了吧 |
[17:14] | No, not at all, I’m actually relieved. | 不 不会啊 我是松了口气 |
[17:17] | I’ve been loving things the way they are, too. | 我也很是这么想的 顺其自然 |
[17:19] | Yeah, we’re just having some fun, | 是啊 咱俩开心就好了 |
[17:21] | – right? – Right, oh, well, fun doesn’t begin to describe it. | – 对不对 – 太对了 老开心了 |
[17:24] | I just want to make sure we were both on the same page. | 我只是想确定咱俩想得一样 |
[17:27] | Is that what’s been on your mind | 你就是在想这些事吗 |
[17:29] | because I thought you were tense these last few days. | 我看你这几天都很焦虑 |
[17:31] | I even went and got some hot oil to give you a massage. | 我还准备了点热油想给你做按摩呢 |
[17:34] | I guess we won’t be needing that now. | 看来用不上了 |
[17:36] | Well, I have been terribly | 呃 其实我特别担心 |
[17:37] | worried about this global warming situation. | 全球变暖这个问题 |
[17:42] | Oh, well, we’ve got some time before dinner. I’ll go get the oil. | 好吧 晚餐之前还有点时间 我去拿油 |
[17:47] | – I’m so glad we had this conversation. – Yeah, me, too. | – 咱们能这样聊开了真好 – 我也这么觉得 |
[17:50] | I mean I was starting to worry that you were scared off by my lifestyle. | 我有点担心我的生活方式会吓到你 |
[17:54] | – I mean, I’m pretty out there. – Oh, Caitlin, Caitlin… | – 我是说 我有点怪 – 哦 Caitlin Caitlin |
[18:00] | I’m not as narrow-minded as all that. | 我不是那种保守派 |
[18:02] | You know, I think we have a wonderful chemistry. | 我觉得咱俩之间很有火花呀 |
[18:04] | That’s enough to offset a few minor differences. | 足够忽略一些小差异了 |
[18:07] | You can be taking your shirt off. | 你可以把衬衫脱了 |
[18:11] | Oh, same goes, by the way. | 哦 那你也脱了呗 |
[18:14] | You know, I just love these converted loft spaces. | 我很喜欢这种翻修的高房顶 |
[18:17] | I wonder what this one was before you moved in. | 真好奇你搬进来之前是什么样的 |
[18:20] | Judging by these meat hooks, I’d say a slaughterhouse, huh? | 看这些肉钩子 之前应该是屠宰场吧 |
[18:25] | No, I put those in. It was a day-care centre. | 不是 这是我装的 之前这是日托班 |
[18:33] | you artists and your whimsical decorating touches! | 你们艺术家啊 真是异想天开的装饰灵感 |
[18:42] | That’s a mousetrap, isn’t it? | 那是个捕鼠器吗 |
[18:45] | You get many mice? | 你这有很多老鼠吗 |
[18:47] | I wish. I use them in my art. | 我倒是想啊 我用它们来创作 |
[18:53] | Dead mice? | 死老鼠 |
[18:55] | Yeah, they’re part of my newest collage series. | 是啊 它们是我最新的贴画系列的一部分 |
[18:58] | It’s all about mortality. | 是关于死亡的 |
[19:03] | Caitlin, you’ve cut your hair. | Caitlin 你剪头了 |
[19:05] | Yeah, sometimes the spirit just grabs me and I’ve got to do it. | 是啊 灵感突然来了 我就得去做 |
[19:09] | It’s really very freeing. Plus, I think there’s something great | 剪了之后觉得自由多了 而且 我觉得 |
[19:13] | about using your body parts for a practical use. | 用你废弃的身体部分做点实事非常好 |
[19:17] | Well, it’s different. | 嗯 是不太一样 |
[19:21] | It’s still beautiful, nonetheless. | 尽管如此 你还是很美的 |
[19:24] | – Is that all your hair? – It’s mostly mine. | – 那些全是你的头发吗 – 大多数是我的 |
[19:33] | – You know, Caitlin, I, I’m thinking… – No, don’t think. | – Caitlin 我 我在想 – 别 不要想 |
[19:37] | The secret to a good massage is to let the mind rest | 按摩秘诀就是让思维休眠 |
[19:43] | – and listen to the body. – Right. | – 跟着身体的感觉走 – 也对 |
[19:49] | Okay, go ahead, body, I’m listening. | 好的 来吧 身体 我在聆听 |
[19:54] | Oh,God, that feels good. | 天呐 太舒服了 |
[19:56] | You know, if we move to the bed, | 要是我们去床上的话 |
[19:58] | I could give you a more thorough massage. | 我可以给你做更全面的按摩 |
[20:03] | Oh, I just remembered it’s a full moon tonight. | 对了 我才想起来今晚是满月 |
[20:07] | Look. Isn’t that beautiful? | 看 多美啊 |
[20:10] | How romantic. There’s | 太浪漫了 没有什么 |
[20:11] | nothing like a full moon to make one want to… | 比满月更容易让人想 |
[20:21] | Caitlin Caitlin? | |
[20:22] | I’m a member of the Lycanthrope Society. | 我是兽化人俱乐部的成员 |
[20:25] | – As in werewolf? – Not literally. It’s a group of women | – 你是说狼人 – 不是那个字面上的意思 就是一群 |
[20:29] | who believe the moon controls our cycles. | 相信月亮控制我们月经周期的女人 |
[20:32] | This is our way of paying our respects. | 这是我们表达敬意的方式 |
[20:39] | Besides, you’ve heard me howl before. | 而且 你之前也听过我嚎叫吧 |
[20:41] | Yes, but in, in that context, | 是 但是 在那种情况下 |
[20:44] | I took it as a compliment. | 我还以为是我表现太好了呢 |
[20:47] | Frasier, you’re getting all tense again. | Frasier 你又开始焦虑了 |
[20:50] | It’s the hair pillows, isn’t it? | 是因为头发抱枕 对不对 |
[20:53] | Yes, that… | 是的 那是 |
[20:56] | – Got one. – Among other things. | – 抓到一只 – 其中一个原因 |
[21:00] | Listen, Caitlin, I, I’m starting to think that maybe this isn’t such a good idea. | 听我说 Caitlin 我觉得这可能不是个好主意 |
[21:04] | What do you mean? | 什么意思 |
[21:05] | Well, we’re just so different. I’m | 咱俩太不一样了 我是 |
[21:07] | basically your stuffy, buttoned-down sort of guy. | 那种古板乏味 因循守旧的男人 |
[21:11] | You’re a free-spirited, adventurous, mouse-painting, | 但你是自由奔放 爱冒险 用老鼠创作 |
[21:14] | moon-howling sort of girl. | 对月亮嚎叫的女人 |
[21:17] | Is even the most satisfying | 虽然性爱十分美妙 |
[21:19] | sexual relationship enough to bridge that gap? | 但我不确定它能不能弥补这些差异 |
[21:23] | Well, I think so. | 我觉得可以啊 |
[21:26] | What do you think? | 你觉得呢 |