时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:10] | Dear God. | 天呐 |
[00:11] | Hey, Frasier. | 嘿 Frasier |
[00:12] | It’s a minefield out there. | 外面简直是雷区 |
[00:14] | Everywhere I go, | 无论我去哪 |
[00:14] | people are talking about this mini-series I’ve been watching. | 每个人都在谈论我最近追的迷你剧 |
[00:16] | Oh, yeah… | 啊 你这么一说 |
[00:17] | Did you see the end last night when that… | 你看了昨晚的结局吗 那个 |
[00:19] | Bup, bup, bup, bup! | 停停停 |
[00:20] | I attended a benefit last night. | 我昨晚参加义演去了 |
[00:21] | I had to tape it, | 只能先录下来 |
[00:22] | and I have yet to see it. | 我还没看呢 |
[00:23] | Oh, well, who would’ve thought it? | 好吧 不过谁能想到呢 |
[00:25] | Mr PBS watching a trashy mini-series. | 只看公共电视台的人还看八卦迷你剧 |
[00:28] | I don’t think it’s trashy at all. | 我觉得它一点都不八卦啊 |
[00:29] | In fact, i think the intricacies of the plot | 事实上 我觉得它情节错综复杂 细致入微 |
[00:31] | are downright Dickensian. | 很有狄更斯的风范 |
[00:32] | Yeah, Angie Dickensian. | 是啊 你是说Angie Dickensian吧 |
[00:35] | Anyway, i’m just having a very difficult time finding a conversation | 无所谓啦 总之我现在正在尽最大努力 |
[00:37] | where I can avoid people telling me about the ending. | 躲开大家的剧透 |
[00:39] | Hi, Roz, | 嗨 Roz |
[00:40] | – did you watch last night? – Yes. | – 你昨晚看了吗 – 看了 |
[00:42] | – Wasn’t it great when… – Goodbye, Betty. | – 真是太 – 再见 Betty |
[00:49] | Hey, Dr Crane. How was your day? | 嘿 Crane医生 今天过得怎么样 |
[00:51] | Interminable. | 太漫长了 |
[00:52] | Is the tape in the VCR? | 带子在录像机里面吗 |
[00:54] | Yes, it’s all cued up. | 在 你可以直接开始看了 |
[00:55] | You’ve got to call me when you get to the part with Heather’s baby. | 等你看到Heather生孩子那段记得叫我 |
[01:01] | Heather had a baby? | Heather生孩子了 |
[01:02] | Sorry. | 我不是故意的 |
[01:03] | Who’s the father? | 谁是孩子他爸 |
[01:04] | Oh, no, no, don’t tell me. | 哦 不行 别告诉我 |
[01:06] | I’ll put your popcorn in the microwave. | 我去把爆米花放到微波炉里 |
[01:07] | Thank you | 谢啦 |
[01:17] | Hey, Fras. | 嘿 Fras |
[01:19] | Hi, Dad. | 爸爸 |
[01:22] | Look, I’ve got some bad news. | 我要告诉你一个坏消息 |
[01:24] | I guess, there isn’t a good way to tell you something like this. | 像这种消息 我只能敞开和你说了 |
[01:31] | Your god-uncle died. | 你的教叔死了 |
[01:34] | My… | 我的 |
[01:35] | god-uncle? | 教叔 |
[01:38] | There’s no such thing as a god-uncle. | 哪有教叔这种东西 |
[01:40] | Yes, there is. It’s your godfather’s brother. | 当然有 他是你教父的兄弟 |
[01:42] | You remember your god-uncle Charlie. | 你还记得你的教叔Charlie吧 |
[01:45] | No. | 不记得 |
[01:46] | I barely even remember my godfather. He died 20 years ago. | 我都记不起我的教父了 他都死了20年了 |
[01:50] | Oh, yeah? Well now his brother’s dead too, so shake a leg! | 是吗 现在他兄弟也死了 赶紧的 |
[01:52] | The wake’s in twenty minutes | 还有20分钟守灵就要开始了 |
[01:54] | Dad, you know as much as I’d like to pay my respects, | 爸 虽然我想去表达我的敬意 |
[01:56] | catch up with my god-cousins, | 和我的教堂兄妹们聊聊天 |
[01:57] | and meet the god-neighbours, | 再见见我的教邻居们 |
[02:00] | I have some urgent business that just can’t wait until later. | 但是 我现在必须要完成一件要紧事 |
[02:03] | All right, here’s your popcorn and the remote. | 好了 爆米花来啦 这是遥控器 |
[02:06] | There, enjoy your show. | 给你 好好享受你的电视剧 |
[02:12] | Oh, all right. One hour. | 好吧 就去一个小时 |
[02:15] | I don’t even know why I’m going. | 我都不知道我为什么要去 |
[02:16] | The man was a ghoul, | 那家伙简直像个食尸鬼 |
[02:16] | he used to hide his glass eye in my marble bag! | 还把他的玻璃眼球藏在我的弹珠包里 |
[02:18] | I knew you remembered him. | 我就知道你记得他 |
[02:21] | – Just give me a couple of minutes to get changed. – Alright. | – 等我几分钟 我换下衣服 – 好的 |
[02:26] | Hello, Frasier. | 你好 Frasier |
[02:27] | Hello, Niles. | 你好 Niles |
[02:28] | Ooh, Niles, you’d be smart to get out of here. | 哦 Niles 你最好赶快走 |
[02:30] | Dad’s dragging me to a wake for god-uncle Charlie. | 爸拖我去教叔Charlie的守灵 |
[02:33] | Is he the one who used to plop his eyeball into his mashed potatoes | 他是不是会把眼球放土豆泥里 |
[02:35] | and say, | 然后说 |
[02:36] | “I’m watching what I eat”? | “我在看我吃的是什么” |
[02:38] | Yes. | 就是他 |
[02:40] | – So, is Daphne here? – Yes, she is. Why? | – Daphne在家吗 – 在啊 怎么了 |
[02:43] | I’m asking her out on a date. | 我想约她出去 |
[02:45] | And don’t give me that look. Why shouldn’t I? | 别摆出那幅表情 为什么我不能约她 |
[02:48] | She’s single. I’m single. | 她是单身 我也是单身 |
[02:49] | That’s what single peoples do. | 这就是单身的人做的事 |
[02:50] | Are you sure you’re ready for this? | 你确定你准备好这么做了吗 |
[02:51] | Stop it. | 打住 |
[02:52] | I’m not talking about eloping here. It’s just dinner. | 我又不是要私奔 只是吃个晚饭 |
[02:54] | Well, all right. I suppose you’ve thought this through. | 好吧 我想你应该仔细考虑过了 |
[02:57] | Maybe it is time. | 也许现在是时候了 |
[02:58] | Time for what? | 是时候干嘛 |
[03:00] | Time for me to, uh, put this popcorn away for later. | 我是时候该 呃 把爆米花先收好了 |
[03:04] | Aren’t you gonna watch your programme? | 你不看电视了吗 |
[03:05] | Uh, apparently, he has to take Dad to a wake. | 呃 他得带爸爸去守灵 |
[03:07] | Oh. | 哦 |
[03:08] | Uh, listen, Daphne, do you have a minute? | 呃 Daphne 你有空吗 |
[03:09] | Sure. | 你说 |
[03:10] | There’s something I wanted to ask you. | 我有点事想问你 |
[03:13] | It’s nothing earth-shattering, it’s just… | 其实也不是什么大事啦 就是 |
[03:16] | Yes? | 怎么啦 |
[03:19] | What’s that perfume you’re wearing? | 你用的是什么香水 |
[03:22] | Leave it to you to notice. It’s Obsession. | 你注意到了嘛 是痴恋 |
[03:25] | No, it’s not. I was just curious. | 不 不是的 我只是好奇 |
[03:29] | No, I’m quite sure it’s Calvin Klein’s Obsession. | 不可能 我很确定是CK牌的痴恋 |
[03:32] | It’s very pleasing. | 很好闻 |
[03:34] | I’d spray it on my brush and comb it through my hair. | 我还喷在梳子上 用那梳子梳头发 |
[03:36] | Silly, really. As if anyone’s going to smell my hair. | 很傻吧 就好像有人会来闻我的头发一样 |
[03:43] | Well, what did she say? | 她说什么 |
[03:45] | I couldn’t do it. | 我说不出口 |
[03:46] | I was about to ask the question, | 我准备说了 |
[03:47] | then suddenly all I could think of was what if she said no. | 但一瞬间 我满脑子想的都是被拒绝了怎么办 |
[03:51] | Oh, Niles. It’s no surprise. | Niles 这也不奇怪 |
[03:53] | After all you’ve been through with Maris, | 经过了Maris那堆破事以后 |
[03:56] | you are just scared of another rejection. | 你只是有点怕再听到拒绝 |
[03:59] | I was more than scared, i was terrified. | 我不只是怕 而是恐惧 |
[04:01] | I can’t go on like this, | 我不能再这样下去了 |
[04:02] | worshipping Daphne from afar. | 只能在远处看着Danphe |
[04:04] | Do you know how frustrating it is | 你知道这种感觉有多糟糕嘛 |
[04:05] | to be completely in love with someone | 死心塌地地爱着一个人 |
[04:07] | and not be able to tell her how you feel. | 却又不能告诉她你的感受 |
[04:12] | I’m sorry. I just came back for the fabric softener. | 对不起 我只是回来拿柔顺剂 |
[04:14] | I didn’t mean… | 我不是故意 |
[04:15] | I’m sorry. | 对不起 |
[04:16] | – Oh, my God. – Oh, my God. | – 天呐 – 哦 天呐 |
[04:17] | Oh, my God. | 哦 天呐 |
[04:19] | Frasier, how long was she standing there? | Frasier 她站在那多久了 |
[04:21] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[04:22] | If I’d known Daphne was standing there, | 如果我知道Daphne站在那 |
[04:23] | I would’ve said, “Shut up. Daphne’s standing there”. | 我会说”住口 Daphne在那” |
[04:27] | You saw how she ran out of here. | 你也看到她是怎么跑出去的了 |
[04:28] | She heard, she heard everything. | 她 她听到了所有的话 |
[04:29] | Niles, Niles, Niles, listen, just calm down. | Niles 听着 冷静 |
[04:30] | Now listen, this may even be for the best. | 听着 这样说不定更好 |
[04:32] | You said you wanted to take the next step. | 你说过想更进一步的 |
[04:33] | The next step?! | 下一步 |
[04:34] | I was just hurled down the entire flight of stairs. | 我刚刚几乎是直接翻过了整座阶梯 |
[04:37] | I can’t believe this actually happened. | 我不敢相信居然发生了这种事 |
[04:39] | Did Daphne really hear me say that | Daphne是不是真的听到了我说 |
[04:41] | I’m completely in love with – AAHH! | 我死心塌地爱着 啊 |
[04:45] | I’m sorry. I really do need that fabric softener. | 对不起 我真的需要那瓶柔顺剂 |
[04:55] | Niles, you’ve got to talk to her. | Niles 你得跟她说清楚 |
[04:56] | Now? I can’t! | 现在吗 我说不出口 |
[04:57] | If you wait, it’ll only become incredibly awkward. | 如果你现在不说 你们会越来越尴尬 |
[04:59] | You can’t leave things like this. | 你不能就这么放任不管 |
[05:00] | Niles, come on. You’ve got to resolve it now. | Niles 快去 你必须得马上解决这件事 |
[05:02] | Go, go. | 快 快去 |
[05:05] | Daphne Daphne. | |
[05:06] | Oh, Dr Crane, I didn’t… | Crane医生 我不是 |
[05:08] | – I hope you don’t think… – No, I… | – 我希望你不要想 – 不 |
[05:11] | Go ahead. | 你先说 |
[05:12] | I’m terribly sorry. | 非常对不起 |
[05:13] | I know I wasn’t supposed to hear that. | 我知道我不该听到那件事 |
[05:16] | No, I’m glad you heard. | 不 我很高兴你听到了 |
[05:17] | It’s something I’ve been wanting to tell you for the longest time. | 我一直都想要告诉你 |
[05:21] | What took you so long? | 你为什么一直不说呢 |
[05:23] | I think it’s wonderful. | 我觉得这是件很好的事啊 |
[05:25] | You do? | 你这么想吗 |
[05:27] | Yes, of course I do. | 对啊 我当然这么想 |
[05:29] | You dear, sweet man, give me a hug. | 亲爱的 快来让我抱一下 |
[05:42] | So, who is she? | 她是谁 |
[05:48] | Who? | 谁 |
[05:48] | This woman you’re so in love with, who is she? | 你疯狂爱着的那个女人呀 她是谁 |
[05:51] | You didn’t hear that part, did you? | 那一段你没有听到对吧 |
[05:54] | No. So, come on, what’s her name? | 没有 快说吧 她叫什么名字 |
[05:57] | You can’t back out now. | 你现在可没法逃了 |
[05:58] | No, you’re right. I can’t. | 你说的对 我没法逃了 |
[06:01] | OK, her name…well, | 好吧 她的名字 呃 |
[06:02] | her name | 她的名字 |
[06:03] | …just happens to be… | 恰巧是 |
[06:06] | Da Phyllis Da-Phyllis. | |
[06:10] | I’ve never heard that name. Da-Phyllis. | 我从没听过这个名字 Da Phyllis |
[06:16] | It’s a family name. Her friends call her Phyllis. | 这是她的姓 她的朋友叫她Phyllis |
[06:22] | Excuse me. I’ll get some water. | 不好意思 我去喝点水 |
[06:27] | Where’s Niles? | Niles在哪 |
[06:29] | He’s in the kitchen. | 他在厨房 |
[06:29] | I’m sorry to barge in on the two of you like that. | 真对不起 我就这么闯进来了 |
[06:32] | Oh, that’s all right Daphne. Did you and Niles have a little chat? | 没事 Daphne 你跟Niles聊过了吗 |
[06:35] | Oh, yes. He was a bit shy at first, | 聊啦 他开始还有点害羞 |
[06:37] | but then he came clean. I would say I couldn’t be happier. | 不过后来就坦白了 我真的很开心 |
[06:40] | That is wonderful. | 那真是太好了 |
[06:42] | Well, let me be the first to raise a glass to… | 好吧 让我成为第一位举杯祝福 |
[06:48] | …to god-uncle Charlie. | 教叔Charlie的人 |
[06:51] | You know, Daphne, as long as you’re doing the laundry, | Daphne 既然你在洗衣服 |
[06:53] | the kitchen towels could use a washing. | 厨房的毛巾也可以洗一洗 |
[06:56] | And my oven mitts are getting a bit crunchy. | 我的烤箱手套也要洗了 |
[06:57] | All right then. | 好的 |
[06:59] | What the hell is going on? | 到底怎么了 |
[07:01] | All she heard was that I was in love with someone and She never heard who. | 她只听到了我爱上某人 但没听到是谁 |
[07:03] | When she asked, i panicked | 当她问我是谁的时候 我一下就慌了 |
[07:04] | and blurted out the first name that popped into my head phyllis. | 脱口而出了第一个出现我脑中的名字 Phyllis |
[07:07] | Phyllis Phyllis? | |
[07:09] | It’s a neighbor I saw on the elevator this morning. | 是我今早在电梯里碰到的一个邻居 |
[07:11] | The woman had a sesame seed stuck between her front teeth. | 她的门牙缝里卡了一个芝麻籽 |
[07:14] | It was the size of a blanched almond. | 和去了壳的杏仁差不多大 |
[07:16] | Oh, good lord. | 哦 天呐 |
[07:18] | Maybe it was a blanched almond. | 说不定那就是个去了壳的杏仁 |
[07:19] | If she had Muselix for breakfast, | 如果她早餐吃的是麦片 |
[07:20] | it could have been… | 那它就可能 |
[07:21] | Niles, stop. You have got to clear this up. | Niles 别说了 你必须得把这件事搞定 |
[07:26] | Oh, well, I’m off to… bring the car around for Dad. | 我要去给爸爸把车准备好 |
[07:31] | – Bye-bye. – Bye. | – 再见啦 – 再见 |
[07:34] | All right now, tell me more about this Phyllis. | 好啦 跟我仔细说说这个Phyllis |
[07:37] | Actually, Daphne, I’d rather not. | 老实说 Daphne 我不想说 |
[07:39] | Oh, come on. You said you wanted to talk about it. | 别嘛 你说过你想聊聊的 |
[07:41] | So, have you asked her out yet? | 你约她出来过吗 |
[07:43] | No. | 没有 |
[07:44] | And why not? You said you were in love with her. | 为什么不约呢 你不是说爱上她了吗 |
[07:47] | – In love with who? – Phyllis. | – 爱上谁 – Phyllis |
[07:49] | – Who’s Phyllis? – A woman I met. | – 谁是Phyllis – 我认识的一个女人 |
[07:52] | And he’s quite keen on her. | 他特别喜欢她 |
[07:52] | I’ve just been giving him some dating advice. | 我正告诉给他一些约会的建议呢 |
[07:55] | Oh, Niles. All you need to know is that women go crazy for flattery. | Niles 你只要知道女人特别喜欢听恭维话 |
[07:59] | It doesn’t matter if it’s a big fat lie. | 就算是彻头彻尾的谎话也没关系 |
[08:00] | They’ll still buy it. | 她们还是会吃这一套 |
[08:03] | Whatever advice Daphne’s giving you too, | 不过不管Daphne要告诉你什么 |
[08:04] | must be great because | 那都会是非常好的建议 |
[08:05] | she’s smart as a whip. | 因为她聪明绝顶 |
[08:07] | Oh, thank you, Mr Crane. | 谢谢夸奖 Crane先生 |
[08:13] | So, tell me about this dream woman of yours. | 好啦 跟我说说你的梦中情人吧 |
[08:17] | Oh, I don’t know. | 呃 我不知道 |
[08:18] | Oh, come on. I can see you’re crazy about her. | 得了吧 我看得出来你对她着迷了 |
[08:22] | Well, all right. | 好吧 |
[08:28] | She’s very beautiful. And very sweet. | 她很漂亮 人也很好 |
[08:32] | And she has a smile that makes my knees weaken. | 她一笑 我连站都站不稳 |
[08:38] | You know, Dr Crane, if this woman is as wonderful as you say she is, | Crane医生 如果她真像你说的那么好 |
[08:43] | then you shouldn’t waste another moment. | 你就不该浪费时间 |
[08:45] | She won’t be on the market forever. | 她不会一直单身的 |
[08:47] | You’re right. | 你说得对 |
[08:48] | I’ve been a fool to hesitate as long as I have. | 我纠结了这么久 像个傻子一样 |
[08:50] | That’s the spirit. | 要的就是这种精神 |
[08:52] | I’m gonna do it. | 我要约她出去 |
[08:52] | Good for you. Don’t leave time for second thoughts. | 太好了 不要再犹豫了 |
[08:55] | You go ask her out this instant. | 现在立马就去约她出来 |
[08:58] | Daphne, that won’t be necessary. | Daphne 没必要这样 |
[08:59] | I know you’re feeling brave, but it’s quite nasty out. | 我知道你现在充满了斗志 但外面下着大雨呢 |
[09:02] | No, you don’t understand. | 不是的 你没弄明白 |
[09:03] | I don’t have to leave this room to ask Phyllis on a date. | 要约Phyllis 我不需要离开这间屋子 |
[09:07] | You don’t? | 你不需要 |
[09:07] | No. Because, because you see, Daphne… | 不 因为 因为 Daphne |
[09:13] | I know her work number by heart. | 她的号码我已经记得滚瓜烂熟啦 |
[09:16] | Well, then. | 那 给你 |
[09:21] | Look at me. My heart’s racing. | 看看我 我的心跳得好快 |
[09:23] | Mine, too. | 我也是 |
[09:28] | Phyllis, hello. It’s Niles Crane. How are you? | Phyllis 你好 我是Niles Crane 你还好吗 |
[09:33] | Uh, I was wondering if you would want to | 呃 不知道你愿不愿意 |
[09:35] | have dinner with me sometime. | 找个时间和我一起吃顿晚饭 |
[09:37] | You would? | 你愿意吗 |
[09:38] | How about tonight at my place? | 那今晚在我家怎么样 |
[09:42] | Eight o’clock sounds great. | 8点钟听起来不错 |
[09:49] | So, anyway, what would you do if you were in my position? | 如果你是我 你会怎么做 |
[09:52] | Would you tell her everything and just let the chips fall where they may or… | 你会跟她坦白 然后顺其自然吗 |
[09:57] | Oh, yeah. Well, I do see your point. I have to run. | 好吧 我明白你的意思了 我要挂了 |
[10:02] | I’ll take the three-year subscription and travel clock. | 我要订3年份杂志 还有一个旅行闹钟 |
[10:15] | Daphne Daphne. | |
[10:16] | Hello. I was out doing some shopping | 你好 我刚才在逛街 |
[10:18] | and I thought you might need some dessert | 然后我想你和Phyllis的晚餐 |
[10:20] | for your big dinner with Phyllis tonight. | 可能会需要一些甜点 |
[10:22] | Oh, yes. Well, I was just doing some last-minute tidying up for that. | 对啊 我正在抓紧最后的时间打扫呢 |
[10:26] | And I suppose you’ve got about eight things cooking on the stove. | 我猜你煮东西该忙不过来了 |
[10:29] | So I’ll get out of your way. | 所以我就不打扰你了 |
[10:31] | Soon as I pop this in the fridge. | 我把它放在冰箱里就走 |
[10:33] | Oh, no, no. Please, don’t trouble yourself. I’ll do it. | 不 不用了 别费心了 我自己来就好 |
[10:39] | Dr Crane, there’s barely enough pasta here for one person. | Crane医生 这里面的意面一个人吃都不够 |
[10:43] | Is this your idea of a romantic dinner? | 这就是你设想的浪漫晚餐吗 |
[10:45] | Well… | 呃 |
[10:47] | Ugh, thank heavens I stopped by. | 唉 还好我路过了 |
[10:50] | I can whip up a salad with things in here. | 可以拿冰箱里的东西做个沙拉 |
[10:52] | I’ll stick this roast in the microwave to defrost. | 我去把烤肉放到微波炉里解冻 |
[10:55] | Where’s your cooking sherry? | 你的雪莉料酒在哪 |
[10:57] | You know what, Daphne, you’re right. | Daphne 你说得对 |
[10:58] | I am completely under-prepared for this. | 我准备得一点也不充分 |
[11:00] | Why don’t I call Phyllis and put her off until next week? | 要不我打给Phyllis 告诉她推迟到下周吧 |
[11:02] | You’re not backing out of this now. | 你现在怎么能退缩呢 |
[11:05] | Look, don’t worry. I’ll fix this place right up | 听着 别担心 我会帮你弄好一切 |
[11:08] | for a nice, intimate evening. | 让你们享受美好亲密的夜晚 |
[11:10] | Candles, some soft music. | 蜡烛 轻音乐 |
[11:12] | I know those things always put me in a romantic mood. | 这些东西总能让我觉得浪漫 |
[11:17] | Well, i suppose it would be rude of me to cancel. | 那我临时取消 就会显得十分鲁莽 |
[11:19] | Of course it would. Now hurry up and get ready. | 当然会啦 我们得动起来 赶紧准备好 |
[11:22] | And wear that blue blazer of yours. | 还有 穿上你那件蓝色西装 |
[11:23] | No woman can resist you in that. | 你穿着它 没有哪个女人会拒绝你 |
[11:25] | Right. | 好的 |
[11:26] | Oh, good lord, Look at the time. Honestly, Dr Crane, | 天呐 都这个点了 说真的 Crane医生 |
[11:29] | sometimes I wonder what kind of a fantasy world you live in. | 有时我会想你是活在一个怎样的幻想世界里 |
[11:31] | Now go on. | 快点 |
[11:59] | Oh, don’t you look handsome. | 哇哦 你看起来真帅 |
[12:02] | Thank you. Daphne, this place looks wonderful. | 谢谢你 Daphne 这儿看起来棒极了 |
[12:06] | An excellent choice of music. I love this aria. | 音乐选得非常好 我喜欢这个咏叹调 |
[12:08] | Yes, she has a gorgeous voice, doesn’t she? | 是啊 她的声音特别好听 |
[12:10] | It’s a pity she never got quite the recognition of | 不过很遗憾 她一直都没能像 |
[12:13] | a Joan Sutherland or a Renata Tebaldi. | Joan Sutherland或Renata Tebaldi那样有名 |
[12:16] | I had no idea you knew so much about sopranos. | 我不知道你对女高音这么了解 |
[12:18] | Yeah, well, you don’t live with your brother for five years | 和你哥哥住了5年 |
[12:20] | and not learn a thing or two about divas. | 总该认识一两个天后了 |
[12:24] | By the way, the roast is coming along nicely. | 顺便提一下 烤肉烤得挺不错的 |
[12:27] | How are you at chopping vegetables? | 你会不会切蔬菜 |
[12:28] | Are you kidding? | 你在开玩笑吗 |
[12:30] | You don’t get forearms like these from just… | 像我这样的双臂 可不是单靠 |
[12:31] | conducting your stereo. | 组装立体音响得来的 |
[12:34] | I’m very excited for you. I just love first dates. | 我为你感到兴奋 我好爱第一次约会 |
[12:38] | I don’t see why. They’re always so awkward. | 我不懂 第一次时双方都会特别尴尬 |
[12:42] | Yeah, | 你说得是没错 |
[12:43] | but once in a while, when the chemistry’s just right, | 但是之后 当两人间的气氛恰到好处 |
[12:45] | they can be magical. | 爱情的魔力就开始发挥作用了 |
[12:47] | The “Me toos” | 频繁的”我也是” |
[12:48] | as you realise all you have in common, | 让你们发现两人间有那么多共同之处 |
[12:50] | the electricity of that first accidental touch… | 第一次不小心触碰到时迸发出的花火 |
[12:54] | Soon, you’re letting your guard down | 马上 你就会卸下防备 |
[12:55] | and saying the silliest things. | 说一些愚蠢至极的话 |
[12:57] | Oh. | 啊 |
[12:58] | – I’m sorry. – Sorry. | – 不好意思 – 对不起 |
[12:59] | You touched me, now we have to get married. | 你碰到我了 我们得结婚了 |
[13:04] | Pardon me. | 让我过去一下 |
[13:05] | Sorry. | 不好意思 |
[13:06] | Now I was thinking for the salad some cucumbers and carrots. | 我打算在沙拉里放点黄瓜和胡萝卜 |
[13:11] | How about some celery? | 要放点芹菜吗 |
[13:12] | Oh, no. No celery, hate the stuff. | 不 不要放芹菜 我讨厌芹菜 |
[13:13] | Me, too. | 我也是 |
[13:14] | Why do you have it then? | 那你干嘛要买 |
[13:16] | I guess it’s just habit. | 应该是习惯了吧 |
[13:17] | Maris used to like to have it around in case she felt like bingeing. | Maris以前喜欢囤着 以防自己暴饮暴食 |
[13:24] | When I was little, i actually thought celery was the meanest vegetable. | 我小时候觉得芹菜是最讨人厌的蔬菜 |
[13:29] | Radishes were the smartest, | 小萝卜是最聪明的 |
[13:31] | beets were the policemen. | 甜菜根是警察 |
[13:35] | What sort of personality do carrots have? | 那胡萝卜是什么样的 |
[13:37] | I try not to think about that when I’m chopping them. | 我在切它们的时候不想考虑这个事情 |
[13:49] | You hear that? We’re chopping in rhythm. | 你听到了吗 我们切出节奏了 |
[13:51] | We are, aren’t we? | 说得对诶 |
[13:57] | *Heart and soul* | *毫无保留* |
[13:59] | *I fell in love with you* | *我爱上了你* |
[14:01] | *Heart and soul* | *毫无保留* |
[14:02] | *The way a fool would do* | *就像傻瓜一样* |
[14:05] | *Madly* | *疯狂的爱恋* |
[14:06] | *Because you held me tight* | *因你紧紧抱着我* |
[14:09] | *and stole a kiss in the night* | *在月色下偷吻我* |
[14:21] | Oh, damn, who could that be? | 该死的 谁这时候来啊 |
[14:23] | It’s Phyllis. | 是Phyllis |
[14:28] | Well, go on. Go let her in. | 快去啊 让她进来 |
[14:33] | *Go away* | *快走开* |
[14:34] | *who’s ever at the door* | *不管是谁在门外* |
[14:35] | *go away* | *快走开* |
[14:37] | *and don’t come back no more* | *别再回来* |
[14:39] | Frasier Frasier! | |
[14:40] | I thought you were supposed to be at a wake. | 我以为你在守灵呢 |
[14:41] | We left. | 我们走了 |
[14:42] | Even the mourners were babbling about the mini-series. | 就连哀悼者们也在不停地讨论那个剧 |
[14:46] | Well, I’m sure you’re in a rush to get back home | 那我想 你应该想马上回家 |
[14:47] | and watch the rest of the show… | 把它看完 |
[14:48] | No, no, Niles. Actually, | 不 不 Niles 其实 |
[14:49] | everybody’s heading over to the Kiwanis club | 大家都准备去同济会酒吧 |
[14:51] | to have a post-wake kegger. | 来个守灵后啤酒会 |
[14:53] | Could you please take Dad? | 你能带爸爸去吗 |
[14:54] | – Me? – Please. | – 我 – 求你了 |
[14:55] | Well, they’re your god-family. | 但他们是你的教亲戚呀 |
[14:57] | Oh, Dr Crane. I thought you were Phyllis. | 哦 Crane医生 我以为你是Phyllis |
[15:00] | Phyllis Phyllis? | |
[15:01] | Yeah, she’s due any moment, so you better be runnin’ along. | 是啊 她随时可能到 你得赶紧离开 |
[15:03] | I’ll be leaving myself as soon as the roast is done. | 等烤肉好了我也马上走 |
[15:09] | Daphne Daphne… | |
[15:11] | is cooking dinner… | 在给你 |
[15:13] | for your date with a fictitious woman. | 和一个虚构的女人的约会准备晚餐 |
[15:17] | Why not just set a place for the March Hare and the Mad Hatter? | 为啥不干脆带上给三月兔和疯帽子 |
[15:21] | I didn’t plan for this to happen, | 我没想会发生这种事 |
[15:22] | but we are having the most perfect evening! | 但我们度过了最完美的一晚 |
[15:24] | I’m feeling my confidence return, | 我觉得我的自信在回升 |
[15:25] | I just need a few more minutes alone, | 再给我点时间 |
[15:26] | and I’ll be able to tell her everything. | 我就能告诉她所有的事情 |
[15:28] | Niles, the longer you continue with this absurd lie, | Niles 这个荒谬的谎撒得越久 |
[15:30] | the more likely it is to blow up in your face! | 你的下场会越惨 |
[15:32] | Why are you always such a doomsayer? | 你怎么总是一副末日预言家的样子 |
[15:33] | As long as I keep track of what I’m saying, | 只要我谨言慎行 |
[15:35] | nothing is going to blow up on anyone! | 大家都会好好的 |
[15:38] | Phyllis Phyllis! | |
[15:40] | Ka-boom. | 这下惨了吧 |
[15:42] | Hello, Dr. Crane, some of your mail wound up in my box today. | 你好 Crane医生 有些你的信被塞到我信箱里了 |
[15:45] | Oh, well, aren’t you considerate? | 哦 你真是太热心了 |
[15:47] | Hello. | 你好 |
[15:48] | Hello, I’m Frasier, Niles’ brother. | 你好 我是Frasier Niles的哥哥 |
[15:50] | Oh, I hope I’m not interrupting anything. | 我是不是打扰到你们了 |
[15:52] | – As a matter of fact… – Hello. | – 事实上 – 你好呀 |
[15:54] | You must be Phyllis. | 你应该就是Phyllis吧 |
[15:57] | Yes. Do I know you? | 没错 我们认识吗 |
[16:00] | I’m Daphne. | 我是Daphne |
[16:01] | I’m just a friend. | 我只是他的朋友 |
[16:04] | Make yourself comfortable. | 你自己随便一点哦 |
[16:06] | We were starting to worry about you. | 我们都开始担心你了 |
[16:08] | Excuse me? | 不好意思 |
[16:09] | Can I get you a glass of wine? | 要我给你倒杯酒吗 |
[16:10] | Well, all right, I guess. I mean I really just came by to drop off… | 既然这样 好吧 我其实只是来 |
[16:13] | I’ll be back in a snap. | 我马上就来 |
[16:16] | That woman seemed to think that you were expecting me. | 她好像以为你在等我 |
[16:19] | Yes, I’ve been making an effort to meet my neighbors, | 没错 我在试着认识我的邻居们 |
[16:21] | and I guess you didn’t get the invitation. | 我猜你肯定没有看到邀请信吧 |
[16:23] | No. It’s just dumb luck | 没有 我今晚只是顺便来一趟 |
[16:25] | that I happened to stop by tonight. | 没想到恰好碰上了 |
[16:27] | Here we are. Now the appetisers are almost ready | 给你 前菜差不多好了 |
[16:30] | and it won’t be much longer until the roast is done. | 烤肉也再等一会儿就好了 |
[16:32] | I hope you’re hungry. | 希望你肚子饿了 |
[16:34] | Oh, the invitation was for dinner? | 是邀请我来吃晚饭吗 |
[16:35] | Yes, but don’t you worry about it a bit, | 没错 不过别担心 |
[16:37] | we’ll do it another time! | 我们可以下次再聚 |
[16:38] | Well, I’d love to stay. | 我很乐意留下来 |
[16:43] | Hey, Niles. Frasier, you comin’ or not? | 嘿 Niles Frasier 你到底去不去 |
[16:45] | In a minute, Dad. | 马上 爸爸 |
[16:46] | Oh, Daph, what are you doing here? | Daph 你在这里干什么 |
[16:47] | Helping Dr Crane with his dinner. | 帮Crane医生做晚饭 |
[16:49] | Oh, hi. How are you doing? | 嗨 你好吗 |
[16:51] | I’m Marty Crane. | 我是Marty Crane |
[16:53] | Hi, I’m Phyllis Conrad. | 嗨 我是Phyllis Conrad |
[16:55] | Oh, ho, ho. You’re Phyllis, huh? | 哦吼吼 你就是Phyllis啊 |
[16:57] | Don’t worry. We’ll be going soon. | 别担心 我们马上就要走了 |
[16:59] | I know Dr Crane’s eager to have you all to himself. | 我明白Crane医生迫切地想和你独处 |
[17:02] | Really? | 真的吗 |
[17:03] | Oh yeah, he’s been going on about you all week. | 是啊 他一整个星期都在谈论你 |
[17:05] | Now, dad… | 爸 |
[17:06] | How pretty you are. And how nice you dress… | 说你有多漂亮啊 你的裙子多好看啊 |
[17:09] | Dad, you don’t want to be late kegger. | 爸 你的啤酒会要迟到了吧 |
[17:11] | Look at him, I’ve embarrassed him. He’s blushing. | 看他 他不好意思了 脸都红了 |
[17:13] | He’s not the only one. | 他可不是唯一脸红的人 |
[17:16] | Excuse me, Phyllis. | 不好意思 Phyllis |
[17:18] | Frasier, could I… | Frasier 我能 |
[17:22] | You’ve gotta help me get rid of her! | 你必须得帮我摆脱她 |
[17:23] | – Me? – Yes! | – 我 – 对 |
[17:24] | I’ve got my hands full with Dad. | 我手上还有个烫手的爸爸呢 |
[17:25] | So, you really never had any idea he had his eye on you? | 你难道从没发觉他在偷看你吗 |
[17:28] | Well, I caught him staring at me in the elevator this morning. | 今早在电梯里 我发现他在盯着我 |
[17:32] | Now I know why. | 现在我知道原因了 |
[17:34] | Hey, Dr. Crane, would you give me a hand with the appetizers? | 嘿 Crane医生 你能来帮我弄下前菜吗 |
[17:37] | Frasier Frasier? | |
[17:39] | Dad? You know, i guess it was time we were going. | 爸 我觉得我们该走了 |
[17:42] | Maybe you could go press for the elevator, | 要不你先去按电梯吧 |
[17:44] | and I’ll be right there in a minute. | 我一会儿就来 |
[17:45] | All right. Very nice meeting you, Phyllis. Bye. | 好吧 很高兴见到你 再见 |
[17:47] | Bye-bye. | 拜拜 |
[17:51] | Well, I must say, | 不得不说 |
[17:52] | your brother certainly kept his feelings to himself until tonight. | 你弟弟在今晚前都没表露他的爱慕 |
[17:57] | Yes, well, he’s always been the quiet type. | 是啊 他一直都不是很爱说话 |
[18:02] | Especially, since all the trouble with Heather. | 特别是 经过Heather那些烦心事之后 |
[18:07] | Heather Heather? | |
[18:08] | Now remember, the pie should be heated | 记好了 派得加热 |
[18:10] | and there’s fresh whipped cream to put on the strawberries. | 草莓上要放打起泡的鲜奶油 |
[18:14] | Or anything else | 当然今晚更进一步的话 |
[18:14] | if the night should take that turn… | 还可能会需要别的东西 |
[18:19] | His wife was poisoned? | 他的妻子被毒死了 |
[18:20] | Don’t worry, he stood trial. | 别担心 他接受过审讯了 |
[18:21] | They never proved a thing. | 他们什么也没查出来 |
[18:22] | Crab puffs? | 要蟹肉泡芙吗 |
[18:27] | No, thank you. | 不 谢谢你了 |
[18:29] | I just remembered, there is someplace that I have to be. | 我刚刚想起来 我还得去个地方 |
[18:33] | Thank you very much for the wine. | 非常感谢你的酒 |
[18:36] | Oh, my God, I drank the wine. | 天呐 我居然喝了那酒 |
[18:42] | Well, thank you! What did you tell her? | 太感谢你了 你跟她说了啥 |
[18:44] | I’ll explain later, Niles. | 我待会儿再给你解释 Niles |
[18:45] | Tell you what, though: | 不过这样说吧 |
[18:46] | don’t plan on running for the co-op board here anytime soon. | 业主委员会随时会来找你 你别跑了 |
[18:51] | Where did Phyllis go? | Phyllis去哪了 |
[18:53] | She left. She said she wasn’t feeling well. | 她走了 说是有点不舒服 |
[18:57] | Hope you don’t mind my saying so. | 希望你不要介意我这么说 |
[18:59] | You almost seem relieved that she’s gone. | 她走了你好像如释重负了 |
[19:01] | Relieved? | 如释重负 |
[19:02] | Well, Daphne, to tell you the truth, | Daphne 实话跟你说吧 |
[19:05] | I am relieved. | 我确实是如释重负 |
[19:07] | I knew it. This is all my fault. | 我就知道 都是我的错 |
[19:11] | It’s as clear as day now. | 这是再明显不过的事了 |
[19:13] | You’re just not ready for a relationship | 你还没准备好迎接一段新感情 |
[19:15] | and there I was pushing you into it. | 但是我一直在强迫你接受 |
[19:17] | Daphne Daphne… | |
[19:18] | Even I could see | 就连我都看得出来 |
[19:19] | how uncomfortable you were with Phyllis. | 和Phyllis在一起的时候 你有多局促 |
[19:21] | She must have picked up on that, too. | 她肯定也发现了 |
[19:23] | And that’s real reason she left. | 这就是她离开的真正原因 |
[19:25] | What was I thinking? | 我到底在想什么啊 |
[19:26] | No, Daphne, this is not your fault. | 不 Daphne 这不是你的错 |
[19:28] | Yes, but I should’ve seen. | 不 我应该想到的 |
[19:30] | You’re on the rebound. You’re still vulnerable. | 你处于恢复期 还很脆弱 |
[19:33] | That’s probably why you had so much trouble | 这可能就是为什么 |
[19:34] | asking for a simple date in the first place. | 你连一个简单的约会邀请都说不出口 |
[19:39] | Yes, I… I suppose you’re right. | 没错 我 我想你说的对 |
[19:42] | I’m so sorry, Dr Crane. | 对不起 Crane医生 |
[19:44] | I guess you just need to take some more time. | 我想你还需要一些时间 |
[19:48] | You know, if you rush things, | 如果你急于求成 |
[19:49] | you may end up ruin something that has a real chance. | 就有可能会毁掉原本存有的一线希望 |
[19:53] | No smart woman would get involved with a man | 聪明的女人不会 |
[19:55] | in the middle of a divorce anyway. | 和处于离婚中的男人有任何瓜葛 |
[19:57] | I know I never would. | 反正我是不会 |
[20:00] | Well, thank you, Daphne. | 呃 谢谢你 Daphne |
[20:03] | This has all been very helpful. | 你的一席话让我受益匪浅 |
[20:06] | And thank you for everything you did tonight, | 而且 谢谢你今晚所做的一切 |
[20:09] | even if it didn’t work out exactly as I’d hoped. | 尽管事情并不如我所想的那样发展 |
[20:12] | What are friends for? | 朋友是用来干什么的 |
[20:19] | I suppose we should start clearing all this up. | 我想我们该开始清理了 |
[20:22] | Actually, | 其实 |
[20:25] | Daphne, would you like to stay and have dinner with me? | Daphne 你愿意留下来共进晚餐吗 |
[20:31] | You mean that? | 你说真的吗 |
[20:32] | Yes. | 是的 |
[20:34] | Well, yes, that would be lovely. | 当然可以呀 |
[20:38] | Wonderful. | 太好了 |
[20:39] | – May I pour you some wine? – Oh, yes. | – 要我给你倒点酒吗 – 哦 当然 |
[20:48] | You know, although it seems hopeless right now, | 尽管现在看起来很无望 |
[20:51] | but I have a feeling that before very long, | 但我有种预感 在不久之后 |
[20:53] | you’ll be sitting down to a nice romantic dinner | 你会和你的梦中情人一起 |
[20:55] | with the woman of your dreams. | 享受一个完美浪漫的晚餐 |
[20:58] | I think you may just be right. | 我觉得你是对的 |
[21:02] | Shall we? | 我们去吃饭吧 |
[21:09] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[21:21] | Here’s to us. | 敬我们俩 |
[21:27] | That’s very nice. | 这酒还挺不错的 |
[21:29] | This is the most spectacular wine I’ve ever tasted. | 这是我尝过的最好喝的酒 |
[21:33] | I’m glad you enjoy it. | 很高兴你喜欢 |