时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:09] | – Hello, Niles. – Oh, Frasier, listen to this. | – 嘿 Niles – Frasier 来听听这个 |
[00:12] | “Michael Hawkins of Allentown, Pennsylvania, | “宾州艾伦镇的Michael Hawkins |
[00:15] | has agreed to donate his right lung to his younger brother, Clovis.” | 要把他的右肺叶捐给他弟弟Clovis” |
[00:19] | “Says Hawkins, ‘l got two lungs, but I only got one brother’.” | “Hawkins说 我有两个肺 但我只有一个弟弟” |
[00:23] | – Isn’t that something? – It certainly is. | – 多感人啊 – 确实 |
[00:25] | The love one brother feels for the other. | 多有爱的兄弟俩 |
[00:28] | What do you want? | 你想要啥 |
[00:30] | I need you to come to a dog show with me. | 你得陪我去看宠物狗展览 |
[00:33] | I would rather give you a lung. | 我宁愿给你个肺 |
[00:36] | – Latte, please. – Frasier, I beg you. | – 请来一杯拿铁 – Frasier 求你了 |
[00:39] | It’s at the Seattle Kennel Club tomorrow night | 就是明晚 在西雅图犬类俱乐部 |
[00:40] | and I can’t go alone, Maris will be there. | 我不能自己去 Maris也去 |
[00:43] | And in what class will Maris be showing? | Maris在哪个区参展啊 |
[00:48] | She’ll be showing no class. | 她哪个区也不在 |
[00:50] | As she has ever since she hooked up with that reptile, Dr Schenkman. | 因为她跟那个爬虫Schenkman勾搭上 |
[00:53] | It’s my first time seeing them since we filed for divorce. | 我俩离了婚之后 这是第一次见面 |
[00:57] | You know, here’s an idea, Niles. Don’t go. | 要不这样吧 Niles 别去了 |
[00:59] | I’ve never missed the kennel club show. | 我从没缺席过犬类俱乐部展览 |
[01:01] | If I don’t go this year, | 要是我今年不去 |
[01:02] | people will think I’ve let Maris and Schenkman intimidate me. | 别人肯定觉得我是怕他们俩了 |
[01:04] | I want to prove that I’m | 我必须得证明 |
[01:05] | strong and independent and I can’t do that alone. | 我内心强大 独立 但是我一个人去可不行 |
[01:12] | All right Niles. If it’s moral support you need, I’ll go with you. | 好吧 如果你需要精神支持 我跟你去好了 |
[01:16] | I’ll pick you up around eight. | 我8点左右去接你 |
[01:17] | And I have a patient. Thank you, Thank you. | 我等下有个病人 谢谢你啊 |
[01:20] | I knew I could count on you for this, Frasier. | 我就知道你肯定会帮我的 Frasier |
[01:22] | It’s nice to know some things never change. | 有些事永远不会变 |
[01:23] | Do you guys know where I can get a cheap hotel room in a hurry? | 你们知道哪儿能找到应急的便宜旅店吗 |
[01:26] | Case in point. Goodbye, Roz. | 这就是不会变的事之一 拜拜 Roz |
[01:29] | Roz, why do you need a hotel room? | Roz 你干嘛要住酒店啊 |
[01:32] | I was supposed to move into my new place today, | 我本来今天要搬进新家的 |
[01:33] | but they’re still painting it. | 但他们还在粉刷 |
[01:35] | I can’t be around those fumes. | 我不能靠近尘雾 |
[01:36] | And they’ve rented my old apartment. | 但我之前的公寓已经出租了 |
[01:38] | Grande decaf latte, please. | 中杯无咖啡因拿铁 谢谢 |
[01:40] | I am literally on the streets. | 我是真的流落街头了 |
[01:41] | You just ordered a $4 cup of coffee. | 你刚点了杯四美元的咖啡 |
[01:43] | “On the street” May be a tad dramatic. | “流落街头”有点假了吧 |
[01:46] | Well, I’ve got to start calling around, see if I can find something. | 我已经打电话问了哪儿有地方了 |
[01:51] | You know Roz, if you’re stuck, | Roz 要是你没地方去的话 |
[01:53] | my dad is going to San Francisco for the weekend. | 我爸周末去旧金山 |
[01:54] | You could always stay with me. | 你可以来我家住几天 |
[01:55] | Wow, that would sure make things easier. OK. | 哇 那就好办多了 好的 |
[02:00] | Well, then, that’s settled. That’s that, then. | 那 就这么定了 那就这样吧 |
[02:04] | Oh, you were just being polite, | 你只是客气下 |
[02:05] | you didn’t really mean for me to take you up on it. | 没打算让我去住的 |
[02:07] | No, no, not at all. I wouldn’t have offered | 不 不 不 我不是那个意思 如果我没这么想 |
[02:09] | if it wasn’t something I wanted to do. | 是不会这么说的 |
[02:10] | You should know that. | 你知道的啊 |
[02:11] | – All right. – Here you go. And there’s your check. | – 好吧 – 给 这是你的账单 |
[02:15] | – I’ll get that. – No, no, no, let me get that. | – 我来付吧 – 别 别 别 我来吧 |
[02:16] | OK, thanks. | 好吧 那谢谢了 |
[02:17] | Well then. Lucky me. I’m getting everything I want today. | 好啊 我咋这么幸运啊 今天我想要的都来了 |
[02:26] | – Well, it’s about time. – Calm down, Dad. | – 时间紧迫啊 – 冷静 爸 |
[02:29] | – I was starting to get worried. – You’ve got plenty of time. | – 我都有点急了 – 还有的是时间 |
[02:30] | My plane leaves at five o’clock. | 飞机5点就起飞了 |
[02:32] | – I just stopped off for your blood pressure medicine. – I don’t need it. | – 我只是给你去买降压药了 – 我不需要 |
[02:34] | Well, pack it anyway! | 给我带上 |
[02:39] | What’s this? Earrings? | 这是啥 耳环吗 |
[02:42] | Just a little something I picked up for Daphne at the drug store. | 啊 我在药店给Daphne买了点东西 |
[02:45] | She ran some errands for me last weekend. | 她上周末帮了我点忙 |
[02:47] | Nice. What are they, sapphires? | 不错 是什么的 蓝宝石吗 |
[02:49] | Yes. I always buy precious stones | 是啊 我总是在卖 |
[02:51] | at the same counter where I pick up corn pads and Wart-Be-Gone. | 脚趾贴和去疣药的货架上买宝石 |
[02:55] | Shouldn’t you two be going? | 你俩是不该走了 |
[02:56] | Oh, actually Daphne, we’re just on our way | Daphne 正要走呢 |
[02:58] | but first there’s something I wanted to give you. | 但是我想先送你点东西 |
[03:00] | Just a little token of my appreciation. | 只是表达一下我小小的谢意 |
[03:02] | – Oh, Dr Crane, you remembered. – Of course I did. | – Crane医生 你还记得 – 当然 |
[03:06] | Can you believe it was | 你能相信就在5年前的今天 |
[03:07] | five years ago today that I came to work here? | 我来到这里工作的吗 |
[03:10] | I just knew you wouldn’t let an important occasion like this | 我知道你肯定不会 |
[03:12] | go by unnoticed. | 无声无息地把这么重要的一天过了 |
[03:13] | But I wasn’t expecting a gift. | 但是我从没想过你会给我礼物 |
[03:15] | Well, it’s a small gift, it’s a tiny gift. | 只是个小礼物 袖珍礼物 |
[03:18] | Oh, my God! Sapphires. | 我天呐 蓝宝石 |
[03:22] | Well, actually, Daphne… | 其实 Daphne |
[03:23] | Oh, Dr. Crane these must cost a fortune. | 哦 Crane医生 你肯定花了不少钱吧 |
[03:25] | You know, my friend Molly got a diamond bracelet from her boss | 我朋友Molly的老板送了她一个钻石手链 |
[03:28] | but she worked for him for ten years | 但她已经为他工作10年了 |
[03:30] | and she was sleeping with him. | 还跟他上过床 |
[03:32] | And now I’ve got sapphires and I didn’t even have to sleep with you. | 但现在我不需要跟你睡就得到了蓝宝石 |
[03:36] | Although now that I’ve got the sapphires… | 但你既然送了我蓝宝石 |
[03:37] | Oh God, what am I saying? | 天呐 我胡说什么呢 |
[03:38] | I’m giddy! | 我晕了 |
[03:39] | Is it rude if I go and try these on? I don’t care. | 我戴上试试可以吗 我不管了 |
[03:42] | I have to see what they look like. | 我必须得看看戴上什么样 |
[03:43] | I’ve never had real jewelry, before, never! | 我之前从来没有真的珠宝 |
[03:44] | I’m speechless. | 我都不知道说点什么了 |
[03:49] | Dear God, she believes they’re genuine sapphires. | 上帝啊 她以为是真的蓝宝石 |
[03:54] | Gee, you think? | 天 你觉得还有其他可能吗 |
[03:58] | I’m gonna have to tell her the truth. | 我得去告诉她事实 |
[04:00] | Why? Didn’t you see how happy she was, | 为什么 你没看见她多开心吗 |
[04:02] | just let her enjoy them. | 她开心就好了啊 |
[04:03] | I can’t let her think I gave her something I didn’t. | 我不能让她以为我给了我其实并没有给的东西 |
[04:05] | Honesty between friends is far more precious than any gem. | 朋友间的诚信比珠宝珍贵的多 |
[04:07] | I’m sure Daphne feels exactly the same way. | 我肯定Daphne也这么想 |
[04:09] | I feel like a princess. | 我感觉我像个公主 |
[04:11] | I’m never going to take them off. | 我再也不要摘下来了 |
[04:13] | Oh, thank you, thank you, thank you. | 谢谢你 谢谢你 谢谢你 |
[04:16] | Oh, Daphne, you know, I’m glad you… | Daphne 我很高兴你 |
[04:19] | You even remembered that sapphires are my birthstone. | 你甚至记得我的生日石就是蓝宝石 |
[04:21] | There’s no end to your thoughtfulness. | 你考虑得太周到了 |
[04:24] | Somebody has to keep track these things. | 总有些人得留心这些事啊 |
[04:26] | You know, I really should be getting to the airport. | 我真的得出发去机场了 |
[04:28] | All right, dad, I’ll get my keys. | 好吧 爸 我去拿钥匙 |
[04:30] | Oh, no, absolutely not. I’ll drive Mr Crane. | 别动 我送Crane先生去 |
[04:32] | From now on, you’re not lifting a finger from here. | 从现在开始 你什么都不用操心 |
[04:34] | You ring for the elevator, I’ll grab me coat. | 你去按电梯 我去拿我的外套 |
[04:36] | All right, but don’t dawdle. My flight’s at five. | 好的 别磨蹭 我的飞机是五点的 |
[04:38] | They told me to get there an hour early. | 他们告诉我提前一小时到 |
[04:42] | Did you remember to pack your medicine? | 你带你的药了吗 |
[04:43] | Yes, but I told you, I don’t need it. | 带了 但是我告诉你 我不需要 |
[04:46] | Hey, guys. | 嘿 伙计们 |
[04:47] | Hey, Roz, Frasier, help her with that stuff. | 嘿 Roz Frasier 帮她把东西拿进屋 |
[04:49] | – Thanks, and thanks for letting me use your room. – No problem. | – 谢啦 还要谢谢你让我用你的房间 – 不用客气 |
[04:52] | So you’re off to San Francisco? | 你要去旧金山了 |
[04:54] | Yeah, yeah. Duke and l took our shore leave there in ’52. | 是啊 Duke和我52年当水兵时在那靠岸的 |
[04:58] | Going back to re-trace our steps. | 这次去昨日重现一下 |
[04:59] | Sure sounds like fun. | 听着不错 |
[05:00] | Yeah, yeah. We had a great time that weekend. | 是啊是啊 那周末我俩特别开心 |
[05:03] | Back then, there was no place like ‘Frisco for a single guy cruising the streets | 那时候 旧金山最适合单身汉在街上闲逛了 |
[05:07] | looking for a good time. | 找找乐子了 |
[05:10] | You know, Dad, I think you’ll find that ‘Frisco hasn’t changed all that much. | 爸 你会发现旧金山这些年都没怎么变 |
[05:16] | Well, I hope not. | 希望是吧 |
[05:17] | – Bye. – Bye. | – 拜 – 拜 |
[05:19] | Hey, Roz. | 嘿 Roz |
[05:20] | Just off to the airport. Back in a bit. See you later. | 去个机场 马上回来 待会见 |
[05:23] | Come in. You’re earlier than I expected. | 进来吧 你比我想的来得早 |
[05:26] | Yeah, I had to get out of the apartment sooner than I thought. | 是啊 我出来早了 |
[05:28] | I left you a message. | 我给你留了言 |
[05:30] | Oh oh, frankly, I didn’t check my machine all day today. | 其实我不太查看语音信箱 |
[05:32] | Listen Frasier. Thank you so much for this. | Frasier 谢谢你帮我 |
[05:34] | I won’t be an imposition, | 我不会是累赘的 |
[05:35] | I promise. You won’t even know I’m here. | 我保证你都意识不到我在这 |
[05:38] | You have 13 messages. | 你有13条留言 |
[05:41] | I had my calls forwarded. I hope you don’t mind. | 我把我的语音信箱转接进来了 你不介意吧 |
[05:46] | Hey, Roz, it’s Marco. | 嘿 Roz 是我 Marco |
[05:48] | I’m coming to town this weekend. Are you busy Saturday night… late? | 我周末到西雅图 你周六晚上忙吗 |
[05:51] | Call me. | 打给我 |
[05:52] | Obviously Marco and I haven’t talked for a long time. | 我和Marco很久没聊过了 |
[05:56] | Something tells me you never talked for a long time. | 你是很久没和人聊过吧 |
[06:00] | Roz? This is Paula Garrett, | Roz 我是Paula Garrett |
[06:02] | Rick’s mom. | Rick的妈妈 |
[06:03] | We just found out about the baby, | 我们刚刚知道了宝宝的事情 |
[06:05] | and well, we think it’s important that we meet you. | 我们很想见见你 |
[06:08] | We’re leaving to see Rick in Paris day after tomorrow, | 我们后天去巴黎见Rick |
[06:11] | so any time before then would be fine. | 那之前什么时间都可以 |
[06:13] | I I’m running out now. Maybe I’ll try you later. | 我着急要出门 待会再打给你 |
[06:17] | Oh, my God. | 我天 |
[06:18] | Oh, Roz, just calm down. | Roz 冷静点 |
[06:19] | What do they want? | 他们想干嘛 |
[06:20] | Maybe they want to meet you. | 也许他们只是想见见你啊 |
[06:22] | They are grandparents of your child. | 他们是你宝宝的祖父母 |
[06:23] | Look, I worked all this out with Rick. | 我已经和Rick商量好了 |
[06:25] | He’s 20 years old, he’s still in college | 他才20岁 还在上大学 |
[06:27] | and it’s best for everybody if I raise this baby by myself. | 我独自抚养孩子对所有人来说都是最好的 |
[06:30] | I know that, but… | 我知道 但是 |
[06:31] | Now I’m supposed to put up with in-laws and I don’t even have a husband. | 我连老公都没有 但得忍受公婆的唠叨 |
[06:34] | That’s like posing nude for your art teacher | 这就好比脱光了站在艺术课老师面前摆造型 |
[06:35] | and still flunking the course. | 但是考试还是没及格 |
[06:39] | Shut up, I needed the credit. | 闭嘴 我需要那课的学分 |
[06:43] | Roz, listen. All they want is a short meeting. | Roz 听我说 他们只是想跟你聊聊 |
[06:46] | Yeah, Well. That’s what they say now. | 他们现在是这么说 |
[06:47] | What if they want another one after that? | 要是聊完还想聊怎么办 |
[06:48] | What if they won’t leave me alone? | 要是他们一直烦我怎么办 |
[06:50] | What if they, what if they don’t think I’m a fit mother? | 要是 要是他们觉得我不是个合格的妈妈怎么办 |
[06:53] | What if they’re nice, supportive people | 要是他们人好 善解人意 |
[06:54] | that you glad to have in your life? | 你希望成为他们的家人怎么办 |
[06:55] | I just don’t want to do this, Frasier. | 我不想见他们 Frasier |
[06:57] | It’s not comfortable. | 我觉得很别扭 |
[07:01] | Oh, Roz… | 哦 Roz |
[07:05] | You know what, I… I could go with you… if you like. I mean. | 我 我可以陪你一起去 如果你愿意的话 |
[07:09] | Oh, better yet, | 还有更好的办法 |
[07:11] | we could have them here tomorrow night. | 我们可以明晚在我家见他们啊 |
[07:13] | Niles and I have that dog show at eight o’clock. | Niles我俩8点去看宠物狗展 |
[07:15] | They could come before that. | 他们可以在那之前来啊 |
[07:17] | I don’t know. | 我不知道该怎么办 |
[07:18] | I’ll bet that’s Mrs Garrett. | 肯定是Garrett夫人又打来了 |
[07:19] | I’m not here. | 说我不在这 |
[07:23] | Hello? Yes, she is. Yes, she did get your message. | 喂 对 她在 是 她收到你的留言了 |
[07:30] | No, no, I’m afraid she won’t be able to meet you. | 不 不行 可能她不能见你了 |
[07:37] | Yes, I understand that you’re upset. I’m terribly sorry. | 是 我理解你很难过 真是太抱歉了 |
[07:41] | Goodbye. | 再见 |
[07:43] | Thank you, Frasier. Thank you. | 谢谢你 Frasier 谢谢你 |
[07:45] | That was Marco. Now we’re calling Mrs Garrett. | 是Marco打来的 现在我们来给Garrett打电话 |
[07:52] | All right, give it to me straight. How do I look? | 好吧 跟我说实话 我看起来如何 |
[07:59] | Like Pollyanna grew up and got herself in a little trouble. | 像成长中误入歧途的姑娘 |
[08:04] | Why am I doing this? How did I let you talk me into this? | 我为什么要这么做 我怎么就被你说服了 |
[08:07] | It will mean a lot to them. | 这对他们来说很重要 |
[08:09] | Besides, this is a chance to learn about your baby’s lineage. | 这也是看看你宝宝的血统如何的好机会啊 |
[08:11] | A lot of things are inherited, | 很多东西都会遗传的 |
[08:12] | you know, like intelligence, artistic ability… | 比如智商啊 艺术感啊 |
[08:17] | Oh my God, that’s them. I’ve got to check my make-up. | 天呐 他们来了 我得去看看我的妆怎么样了 |
[08:18] | Roz, don’t need to panic,this should be fun. | Roz 别害怕 会很有趣的 |
[08:21] | It’s like a little preview of who your child might be. | 像提前检验宝宝会是什么样的 |
[08:27] | Hi, there. Steve Garrett. | 嘿 你好 我是Steve Garrett |
[08:35] | – My wife’s just… Honey? – It was nice seeing you, too. | – 我太太是 亲爱的 – 我也很高兴见到你 |
[08:39] | What a coincidence. Your neighbor goes to my hair salon. | 太巧了 你的邻居之前去过我的美发沙龙 |
[08:42] | Hi, I’m Paula. | 嗨 我是 Paula |
[08:44] | Frasier Crane. Won’t you please come in? | 我是Frasier Crane 快请进 |
[08:48] | Roz will be out in a second. She just went to powder her… self. | Roz马上就来 她只是去补补 妆 |
[08:54] | We hope this isn’t too awkward for her. | 希望这不会让她觉得太怪 |
[08:57] | She sounded a little anxious on the phone. | 她在电话里听起来很焦虑 |
[08:59] | Then again, who could blame her? | 可是也不怪她啊 |
[09:01] | She doesn’t know what kind of people we are. | 她又不知道我们是什么样的人 |
[09:03] | A situation like this is enough to make anyone a little nervous. | 这种事换了谁都会紧张的 |
[09:06] | Well, actually, you know Roz isn’t the nervous type. | 其实 Roz真不是那种会紧张的类型 |
[09:14] | Roz? This is Steve and Paula Garrett. | Roz 这是Garrett夫妇 |
[09:18] | – Hi. – Hi. | – 你好 – 你好 |
[09:20] | That’s, that’s all right, Roz. We don’t blame you for being shocked. | 没事的 你这么惊讶很正常 |
[09:23] | I mean, we’re used to it. | 我们习惯了 |
[09:24] | You should see the looks we get. | 你该看看我们遇到的那些人脸上的表情 |
[09:27] | You were taken aback yourself, weren’t you, Dr Crane? | 你一直克制着对不对 Crane医生 |
[09:30] | – Certainly not. – Come on, that’s all right. Everyone comments on it. | – 当然没啊 – 没事 每个人都会有心里的想法 |
[09:33] | Well, all right, I must admit when I opened the door I… | 好吧 我必须得承认我刚开门的时候 |
[09:36] | Couldn’t believe we were old enough to have a 20-year-old son. | 根本不信我们是20岁孩子的父母 |
[09:42] | Exactly. You know, you both look so young, don’t they, Roz? | 对啊 你们看起来特别年轻 是不是 Roz |
[09:51] | Yes, young. Very, very young. | 是 年轻 非常非常年轻 |
[09:54] | Oh, Roz, I can see you’re feeling a little uncomfortable so let us just say, | Roz 我知道你有点别扭 所以我们来说 |
[09:57] | Right up in front, we have no intention of intruding on your life. | 我们根本没想打扰你的生活 |
[10:00] | Rick told us what wonderful person you are. | Rick跟我们说你是非常非常出色的人 |
[10:02] | We just wanted to meet you | 我们只是想要见见你 |
[10:03] | and offer any help or support you think is appropriate. | 给你力所能及的帮助和支持 |
[10:08] | Thanks. That’s very nice. | 谢谢 你们真是太好了 |
[10:10] | I thought your guests might be a little peckish. | 客人们可能有点饿了吧 |
[10:13] | Daphne Moon, Steve and Paula Garrett. | 这位是Daphne Moon 这是Garrett夫妇 |
[10:16] | Hello, I… | 你们好 我 |
[10:21] | I know, it’s amazing, isn’t it? | 我知道 很惊讶吧 |
[10:23] | Actually, they are the parents of a 20-year-old. | 其实他们的孩子都20岁了 |
[10:26] | – Amazing. – Yeah. | – 太惊讶了 – 是啊 |
[10:29] | If you’ll excuse me. | 失陪一下 |
[10:32] | Oh, Niles, you’re an hour early. | Niles 你早到了一小时 |
[10:34] | Hi, Roz. I thought you might want | 嗨 Roz 我想着你去看展览之前 |
[10:36] | to grab a bite to eat before the dog show. | 想去吃点东西呢 |
[10:37] | Well, I’m sorry, I didn’t realize that you had, had… | 抱歉 我不知道你们有 有 |
[10:41] | had, had… | 有 有 |
[10:43] | Company! Yes, yes, Steve and Paula Garrett, | 客人 对啊 这是Garrett夫妇 |
[10:45] | this is my brother Niles Crane. | 这是我弟弟 Niles Crane |
[10:47] | The Garretts are the grandparents-to-be of Roz’s baby. | Garrett夫妇是Roz未出生的宝宝的祖父母 |
[10:49] | Oh, nice to meet you. | 很高兴见到你们 |
[10:51] | Did I hear you mention you’re going to a dog show? | 听说你要去看宠物犬展览 |
[10:54] | Yeah, the Seattle Kennel Club is having its annual event tonight. | 是啊 西雅图犬类俱乐部的年度展览 |
[10:56] | Steve and I went to that a few years ago. | Steve和我前几年也去过 |
[10:58] | We just love dog. We have two giant Schnauzers. | 我们特别喜欢狗 养了两只巨大的雪纳瑞 |
[11:15] | – My goodness, Paula, look at the view. – Oh. | – 天呐 Paula 快看这风景 – 哦 |
[11:17] | Roz, why don’t you show the Garretts the view. | Roz 要不你带Garrett夫妇俩去看看夜景 |
[11:20] | Oh yes, that would be nice. I could use a breath of fresh air. | 太好了 我们可以去呼吸一下新鲜空气 |
[11:30] | Just stop it, the two of you. | 快停下吧 你们俩 |
[11:31] | My God, you’re acting like a couple of two-year-olds. | 老天 你俩就像两岁小孩一样 |
[11:36] | – I’m home. – Dad. What are you doing here? | – 我回来了 – 爸 你怎么回来了 |
[11:39] | Ah, ‘Frisco was a bust. All our watering holes are gone. | 啊 旧金山不行了 我们的根据地全没了 |
[11:43] | The steakhouse was a sushi bar. | 牛排店变成了寿司吧 |
[11:45] | And this morning, Duke and I went out for a walk. | 今天早上 Duke我俩去散步 |
[11:47] | We passed City Hall | 路过市政厅的时候 |
[11:48] | and there’s this big crowd, | 看到门前有一堆人 |
[11:50] | kind of like a pep rally or something. | 好像在进行什么誓师大会 |
[11:52] | So we joined them. Well, some official guy in front | 我们就也参加了 然后前面有一个穿着正装的人 |
[11:55] | says something that we didn’t hear. | 说了些啥我们也没听清 |
[11:56] | And the next thing you know, everybody’s throwing rice | 接着每个人都开始撒花 |
[11:59] | and all the men are kissing each other | 然后互相拥吻 男男拥吻 |
[12:01] | and all the women are kissing each other and I’m not sure, | 女女拥吻 我有点懵 |
[12:04] | but I think Duke and I may be married. | 但我感觉Duke和我可能是被结婚了 |
[12:09] | We’ll, the whole weekend was like that. | 整个周末差不多都这样 |
[12:11] | Just one surprising event… Ah. | 就一件有意思的事 啊 |
[12:21] | I’m I’m sorry. Did we startle you? | 对不起 我们吓到你了吗 |
[12:23] | Oh, no no, I, I didn’t know we had company. | 没 没 我不知道来客人了 |
[12:27] | Yes. Dad, this is Steve and Paula Garrett. They’re Rick’s parents. | 这是Garrett夫妇 Rick的父母 |
[12:29] | You remember Rick? | 你记得Rick吗 |
[12:30] | Oh, sure, yeah. Hi, how are you? Nice to meet you. Marty Crane. | 当然 你们好 很高兴见到你们 我是Marty Crane |
[12:35] | Oh, they’re just on their way to Paris to visit Rick. | 他们马上就要去巴黎看Rick了 |
[12:38] | Oh, yeah, well, that sounds like fun. | 是嘛 真好 |
[12:41] | Yeah, I’m just a little nervous. | 对啊 我就是有点紧张 |
[12:42] | I hear the Parisians can be kind of snooty. | 听说巴黎人爱用鼻孔看人 |
[12:46] | Excuse me. I’ve got something in the oven. | 失陪一下 我得看看烤箱 |
[12:50] | – Let me help you. – Yeah, me, too. | – 我来帮你 – 我也来 |
[13:03] | We’ve got to stop. They’ll hear us. | 快别笑了 他们会听到的 |
[13:05] | – Mmm, what’s that I smell? – Probably Japan. | – 这是什么味道 – 你闻到日本去了吧 |
[13:20] | What is the matter with you people? | 你们这到底是干什么啊 |
[13:22] | Oh, come on Frasier. You don’t say you don’t think this is funny? | 得了吧 Frasier 你别说你不觉得好笑 |
[13:24] | Not in the slightest! | 一点都不好笑 |
[13:25] | They are two perfectly nice people who happen to have large noses. | 他们人非常好 只不过碰巧长了大鼻子而已 |
[13:30] | The three of you standing in here, sniggering like school children. | 你们仨就站在这像小学生一样笑话别人吧 |
[13:32] | Well, all right, fine. If you can’t get yourself under control, | 好吧 行 要是你们控制不了自己的话 |
[13:35] | you can just stay in here. | 你们就在这待着吧 |
[13:38] | Quiche Lorraine, anyone? | 乳酪蛋饼 谁想来点 |
[13:39] | Quiche her? I hardly know her. | 她是乳酪吗 我跟她不太熟 |
[13:41] | Oh, Steve. | 哦 Steve |
[13:44] | – Oh, boy, that smells wonderful. – Does it ever. | – 闻着真香啊 – 确实 |
[13:50] | Do you mind if I ask? Is this homemade or store-bought? | 这是家里做的还是买来的 |
[13:53] | Honey, don’t ask that. Pardon my wife. | 亲爱的 别这么问啊 抱歉啊 |
[13:56] | Sometimes she gets a little nosy. | 她有时候有点多事(大鼻子的) |
[13:58] | Me nosy? You’re the nosy one in the family. | 我多事 你才是家里最多事的 |
[14:01] | Anyone who knows you knows you’re nosy. | 认识你的人都知道你多事 |
[14:03] | Anyone who knows you knows you’re nosier. | 认识你的人都知道你更多事 |
[14:11] | Something wrong, Fras? | 怎么了 Fras |
[14:19] | Quiche her, I hardly know her. | “她是乳酪吗 我跟她不太熟” |
[14:24] | I just… got that. | 我才反应过来 |
[14:36] | You know, Roz, in spite of a shaky beginning, | Roz 尽管刚开始的时候有点凌乱 |
[14:38] | this evening’s turned out rather well. | 但今晚还是很和谐的 |
[14:41] | Oh, yeah. And you were absolutely right, Frasier. | 是啊 你之前说得太对了 Frasier |
[14:44] | Now I can see some of the qualities my baby can have. | 现在我知道了我的宝宝可能是啥样的 |
[14:48] | A great sense of humor and a sweet disposition, | 很好的幽默感 不错的性格 |
[14:51] | a nose like an anteater. | 像食蚁兽一样的大鼻子 |
[14:56] | Frankly Roz, I think you’re making a big deal out of nothing. | 其实吧 Roz 我觉得你有点小题大做了 |
[14:58] | As I remember, Rick had a perfectly fine nose. | 我印象中 Rick的鼻子很正常啊 |
[15:01] | And so do you. | 你的也是 |
[15:02] | I’m sure your baby will have one, too. | 你们的宝宝也会有正常的鼻子的 |
[15:04] | Maybe you’re right. | 有点道理 |
[15:05] | If Rick can beat those genes, my baby has a chance. | 如果Rick能打败这种基因 我的宝宝也行 |
[15:09] | So how long have you been working for Dr Crane? | 你为Crane医生工作多久了 |
[15:12] | Five years just yesterday. | 到昨天刚好5年 |
[15:13] | He gave me a beautiful pair of sapphire earrings | 他送给我一对蓝宝石耳环 |
[15:16] | to mark the occasion. | 作为礼物 |
[15:17] | Frasier gave you sapphires? | Frasier送你蓝宝石 |
[15:19] | – Who’s for coffee? – I’ll take some. | – 谁想来点咖啡 – 我来点吧 |
[15:22] | You know you must show those earrings to my husband. | 你应该拿来给我老公看看 |
[15:24] | He’s a jeweler you know. | 他是珠宝师 |
[15:24] | Really? | 是吗 |
[15:26] | Yeah, he could probably even tell you what mine the stones came from. | 是啊 他可以看出石头的原产地 |
[15:31] | Well, you know, maybe coffee’s a bad idea. | 你们要赶早班飞机 |
[15:32] | If you’ve got that early flight in the morning. | 还是不要喝咖啡比较好 |
[15:34] | Daphne, could you take this back to the kitchen for me? | Daphne 你帮我把咖啡端回厨房吧 |
[15:36] | Oh dear, one of me earrings has gone. | 天呐 我的耳环丢了一个 |
[15:39] | It must have fallen off somewhere! | 肯定是掉在哪里了 |
[15:40] | We’ll help you find it. | 我们来帮你找 |
[15:41] | What does the earring look like? | 耳环是什么样的 |
[15:42] | No, no, that’s not really necessary. | 别 不用了 没必要 |
[15:44] | Once you’ve seen one sapphire, you’ve seen them all. | 所有蓝宝石都长一个样 |
[15:47] | Well, that’s not exactly true. They vary widely in quality. | 那不一定 它们的成分有很多种 |
[15:50] | You know, why don’t you just get up and we have to get going and | 还是不麻烦你们俩了 我们这有这么多人 |
[15:53] | I mean we have plenty of people in order to form a search party. | 都可以帮忙找啊 |
[15:56] | Ha ha, you know, we’ll just trample each other. Well, good night. | 我们可别踩着对方了 晚安 |
[15:59] | All right we do have a big day tomorrow. | 也对 我们明天有重要的事呢 |
[16:01] | Aha, you might as well get a little sleep before you take off. | 是啊 你们最好在起飞前睡一会 |
[16:03] | You know if you can’t find that earring, | 要是你实在找不到 |
[16:06] | I might be able to replace it. Let me see the other one. | 我大概可以帮你配一个 让我看看另一个 |
[16:09] | I found it. Here it is. | 我找到了 在这呢 |
[16:10] | I knew I would. Bon voyage. | 我就知道不会丢的 那 一路平安啦 |
[16:12] | – Dr Crane… – No, Daphne, just a second. | – Crane医生 – 等下再说 Daphne |
[16:15] | Alright, well, you know, it was wonderful of you to come. | 你们能来真是太好了 |
[16:18] | Thank you for having us. | 谢谢你们邀请我们 |
[16:19] | Roz, it was great meeting you. | Roz 见到你真的很高兴 |
[16:21] | Our door is always open. | 我们的大门永远为你敞开 |
[16:22] | Thank you, you guys have a great trip. | 谢谢 旅途愉快 |
[16:24] | – Good night. – Good night. | – 晚安 – 晚安 |
[16:25] | Good night. | 晚安 |
[16:27] | Can I have it then? | 能给我了吗 |
[16:28] | Well, of course. I’m sorry, it was just a piece of lint. | 当然 对不起 只是个线头 |
[16:32] | Well, the search continues. | 好吧 我们继续找吧 |
[16:34] | I feel just terrible! | 我觉得糟透了 |
[16:35] | The one precious thing | 我这倒霉的一辈子 |
[16:36] | anyone’s ever bought me in my whole stinking life | 收到的最贵重的礼物 |
[16:38] | and I lose it. | 居然还被我弄丢了 |
[16:40] | Daphne, I found it. | Daphne 我找到了 |
[16:42] | Dr Crane, I could kiss you. | Clane医生 我要亲你了 |
[16:45] | Ok. | 好的 |
[16:50] | – What’s this? – Nothing. | – 这是什么啊 – 没什么 |
[16:55] | The setting’s come loose. | 宝石爪这里松了 |
[16:57] | It’s only blue on top. | 怎么只有外面一层是蓝色 |
[16:58] | The bottom’s all coppery. | 底下都是铜的 |
[17:01] | Dr Crane. | Crane医生 |
[17:02] | I know what you’re thinking, Daphne, and you are right. | 我知道你怎么想 Daphne 你是对的 |
[17:06] | Obviously, I… | 其实我 |
[17:07] | You’ve been swindled. Where did you buy these? | 你被骗了 你在哪里买的 |
[17:09] | I want to take these back and | 我要拿回去 |
[17:10] | tell that lying cheat exactly what I think of him. | 当面斥责那个黑心商贩 |
[17:15] | – Actually, you just did. – You knew? | – 其实 你已经这么做了 – 你早就知道 |
[17:19] | Niles, how about a cup of coffee? | Niles 要来点咖啡吗 |
[17:21] | Thanks, Roz. Cream and sugar. | 谢了 Roz 加奶油和糖 |
[17:28] | I’m terribly sorry, Daphne. | 我很抱歉 Daphne |
[17:31] | I, I actually meant to tell you eventually. | 我 我真的打算要告诉你的 |
[17:33] | You didn’t need to. Her earlobe’s already turning green. | 不用啊 她的耳垂都绿了 |
[17:35] | Shut up Niles. | 闭嘴 Niles |
[17:39] | You see, Daphne, the truth is I, I didn’t remember your anniversary. | Daphne 事实是 我不记得你的纪念日 |
[17:43] | Well, I saw them and I thought they were pretty. | 我看到它们就觉得很好看 |
[17:48] | So I bought them for you | 所以我就给你买了 |
[17:50] | and you thought they were genuine. | 但你把它们当成真的了 |
[17:52] | You seemed so happy, I… | 你那么开心 我 |
[17:55] | They are pretty. I suppose I can have them repaired. | 是很好看啊 我可以拿去修好的 |
[18:00] | I’ll just take them back to the jewelry store. | 我去珠宝店修一下好了 |
[18:10] | Actually, I bought them at Raymond’s. | 其实 我是在雷蒙那儿买的 |
[18:14] | Raymond’s Drug Store? | 雷蒙药店 |
[18:17] | The good news is they’ll probably carry something | 好消息是他们正好就有 |
[18:18] | for that ear infection. | 治耳朵发炎的药 |
[18:19] | Shut up! | 闭上你的嘴 |
[18:30] | It’s us again, | 我们又回来了 |
[18:31] | Gee, I almost forgot. Roz, I brought you something. | 天呐 我都忘了 Roz 我给你带了东西 |
[18:33] | I thought you might get a kick out of these. | 我想你看了可能会很高兴 |
[18:35] | Here are some pictures of Ricky when he was a boy. | 这是Rick小时候的照片 |
[18:38] | Thank you. That is so nice of you. | 谢谢 你真是太贴心了 |
[18:42] | Where is he? I don’t see him. | 他在哪 我没看到啊 |
[18:44] | There, in the middle. | 那 在中间 |
[18:48] | Oh, he looks so different. | 哦 他看起来好不一样啊 |
[18:49] | Oh, right. That was before his hockey accident. | 对啊 那是他打曲棍球出事之前 |
[18:51] | The nose job changed his whole face. | 鼻子的手术改变了他整张脸 |
[18:53] | Not that the doctor didn’t do a good job, | 不是说医生没做好手术 |
[18:55] | but that’s the Ricky you’ll see in the baby. | 但你的宝宝会更像这时候的Rick |
[19:01] | Well, thanks. Thank you. | 谢谢 谢谢你们 |
[19:02] | You’re welcome. And bye again. | 不客气 再见啦 |
[19:04] | – Take care now. – Thanks. | – 路上小心 – 谢谢 |
[19:06] | Good to see you. | 见到你们很高兴 |
[19:08] | Oh, my God! | 哦 我的妈呀 |
[19:10] | Oh, come on, Roz. It can’t be that bad. Let me see. | 拜托 Roz 不会那么糟的啦 |
[19:12] | No, no way. | 不 不可能 |
[19:13] | – No, I’ll never hear the end of it. – Please. | – 不行 你们会没完没了的 – 求你了 |
[19:20] | Where is the end of it? | 这鼻子不也没完没了的吗 |
[19:30] | Oh, Roz, you’re not still looking at that picture, are you? | 哦 Roz 还在看那张照片呢是不是 |
[19:33] | No, this is a different one. | 没 我在看另一张 |
[19:37] | Oh dear, look at the way the ears on this poor little girl stick out. | 天呐 这个小姑娘长了对什么耳朵啊 |
[19:42] | It’s me. Age nine. | 这是我9岁的时候 |
[19:44] | The year before I got them fixed. | 我一年后矫正了它们 |
[19:47] | Sorry, Roz. I didn’t recognize you with those glasses. | 对不起 Roz 你戴眼镜我没认出来 |
[19:52] | Why is one side blacked out? | 怎么有一只眼睛遮上了呢 |
[19:54] | I had a lazy eye. | 我一只眼睛是弱视 |
[19:59] | I got that fixed the next year. | 我第二年也矫正了 |
[20:02] | Let’s just say for birthdays, I wasn’t asking for ponies. | 算是我的生日礼物吧 那年我没要小马 |
[20:06] | You poor thing. | 可怜的娃 |
[20:08] | I’m just sitting here thinking, what if my kid gets Rick’s nose | 我在想 要是我的宝宝继承了Rick的鼻子 |
[20:11] | and my ears and eyes? | 我的耳朵和眼睛怎么办 |
[20:13] | With my grandfather’s third nipple, | 要是再加上我外公的三个乳头 |
[20:14] | I might as well pitch a tent and charge admission. | 我倒不如搭个帐篷 接待来参观的人了 |
[20:19] | Oh, come on, nothing like that’s going to happen. | 得了吧 这种事才不会发生呢 |
[20:22] | I just hate the idea of my kid being teased. | 我只是不想我的孩子被别人笑话 |
[20:27] | I know what that’s like. | 我知道那是什么滋味 |
[20:28] | As long as my baby’s in here, I can protect it from anything. | 只要我的宝宝在肚子里 我可以保护他不受伤害 |
[20:32] | But pretty soon this kid’s going to be out there on his own. | 可是很快他就要出来靠他自己了 |
[20:37] | Every child goes through a bit of teasing. | 每个小朋友都被取笑过的 |
[20:40] | It’s part of growing up. | 这是成长的一部分 |
[20:41] | At least yours will be lucky enough to have a mother | 起码你的宝宝很幸运 有一个知道 |
[20:44] | who understands what it feels like. | 那种滋味的妈妈 |
[20:46] | And you’ll know just what to say to make it all better. | 你也知道该怎么安慰他啊 |
[20:49] | I really hadn’t thought of it that way. | 我还真没这么想过 |
[20:51] | You know, I’m pretty good at finding the positive in things. | 我很擅长发现积极的一面 |
[20:54] | I mean , look at what happened to me tonight. | 你看今晚在我身上发生的事 |
[20:57] | I could say here I worked for someone for five years | 我本可以说我在这工作了5年 |
[21:00] | and he forgot my anniversary | 他不仅忘了这个纪念日 |
[21:01] | and bought me a worthless piece of blue glass. | 还给我买了对一文不值的蓝玻璃 |
[21:04] | But I’d rather say he gave me a nice pair of earrings | 但我更想说 他给我买了对耳环是因为 |
[21:08] | just because he thought I’d like them. | 他觉得我会喜欢 |
[21:10] | Which is rather sweet when you think about it. | 这么想就会心情好很多了 |
[21:13] | Yeah, well, Frasier will be relieved if he hear that. | 是啊 要是Frasier听到了肯定松了一口气 |
[21:15] | Oh, I’m not going to tell him. | 哦 我可不会告诉他的 |
[21:19] | I’m ready for bed. | 我要睡了 |
[21:19] | Yeah, me too. Thanks again, Daphne. | 我也要睡了 谢谢你 Daphne |
[21:22] | Yep, you’re welcome. | 好啦 不客气 |
[21:24] | Oh, I just felt a big kick. | 哦 他踢我了 |
[21:27] | You sure it wasn’t a sneeze? | 你确定不是他打喷嚏了 |
[21:29] | It’s the last one. I promise. | 最后一次开这个玩笑 我保证 |