时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:11] | Geez, look at this stuff. | 天呐 你看看这一堆 |
[00:13] | Golden Sunset Retirement Village. | 金色夕阳养老院 |
[00:16] | Investments for Seniors. | 适合老年人的投资 |
[00:19] | Willowbrook Mortuary. | Wliilowbrook殡仪馆 |
[00:21] | What the hell kind of list am I on? | 我到底被列在什么鬼名单上了 |
[00:24] | Well, the good news is | 呃 不过这种名单 |
[00:25] | I don’t think it’s the kind of list they keep you on very long. | 流动性大呀 没准儿过几天你就不在上面了 |
[00:28] | Ever since I turned 65, | 自从我过了65岁 |
[00:29] | all I get is geezer mail. | 收到的都是给老头子看的邮件 |
[00:31] | It’s very depressing. | 真让人倍受打击 |
[00:33] | If you ask me, the only thing depressing | 变老没啥 |
[00:35] | about being a geezer is looking like one. | 只是看起来就是个老头子才可悲呢 |
[00:38] | There’s lots of things a person can do to make himself look younger. | 有很多办法可以给自己的外表减龄啊 |
[00:40] | How he dresses… | 比如 穿衣风格 |
[00:42] | Nah, I tried those Jordache jeans. | 算了吧 我试过Jordache的牛仔裤 |
[00:45] | I just think you ought to leave something to the imagination. | 有些东西还是留点给人遐想的余地为好 |
[00:48] | Well, there’s always your hair. | 头发也很重要 |
[00:51] | I know it’s not exactly your style, | 我知道你不赞成染发 |
[00:53] | but there’s nothing wrong with covering up that grey. | 但能把白头发遮住也不是坏事啊 |
[00:55] | I know just the right shade for you. | 我知道一种颜色 肯定适合你 |
[00:57] | Cinnamon sable. | 肉桂棕褐色 |
[01:01] | Cinnamon sable? | 肉桂棕褐色 |
[01:02] | Sounds nice. | 听起来不错 |
[01:05] | Wait, I couldn’t use that. | 等会 我不能用那个颜色 |
[01:07] | That’s Duke’s shade. | 那是Duke专用的 |
[01:08] | He’d scratch my eyes out. | 如果我也用 他非得把我眼珠子抠出来不可 |
[01:12] | Hello, Niles. | 你好 Niles |
[01:13] | Frasier, prepare to salivate. | Frasier 你准得馋地流口水 |
[01:15] | Niles Niles, | |
[01:16] | if that is a picture of your new Biedermeier loveseat, | 你已经给我看过你新买的 |
[01:19] | you’ve already shown it to me. | 彼德麦式双人沙发的照片了 |
[01:21] | No, this is a photo of my latest purchase. | 不是 这是我最近刚刚买的一件东西 |
[01:23] | An exquisite 18th century turkish prayer rug. | 精美绝伦的18世纪土耳其祈祷毯 |
[01:27] | Paid a fortune for it, | 花了我一大笔钱 |
[01:28] | but legend says whatever you pray for on this rug, it will come to you. | 但是它有个传说 你在这个毯子上许的愿都能成真 |
[01:32] | It certainly worked for the dealer. | 你那个卖家许的愿反正成真了 |
[01:37] | I’m sorry, Niles, I’m just not in the best of moods. | 对不起 Niles 我现在心情不大好 |
[01:41] | I just had another disastrous blind date today. | 今天的相亲又是一场灾难 |
[01:44] | I’m sorry. | 很遗憾 |
[01:44] | I mean, murderers on death row can find women to marry them! | 不是吧 死刑犯都能找到结婚对象 |
[01:49] | I can’t find one to sit through coffee with me. | 可我连一个愿意坐下来跟我喝杯咖啡的人都找不到 |
[01:53] | It’s easy for those men to attract women, | 那种男人当然能招蜂引蝶了 |
[01:54] | They have all that time to work out in the yard. | 他们花大把的时间在监狱的院子里健身 |
[01:58] | I’m serious. I’m getting desperate here. | 真的 我都要绝望了 |
[02:01] | Don’t obsess about this. | 别纠结这个事了 |
[02:03] | My love life’s not much better than yours, | 我的感情生活比你好不到哪儿去 |
[02:05] | but you don’t see me going off the deep end. | 我也没死钻牛角尖啊 |
[02:07] | Oh, really. | 哦 是吗 |
[02:08] | Did it ever occur to you | 那你想想 |
[02:09] | that this recent antique buying binge you’ve been on | 你最近这种疯狂买买买的行为 |
[02:12] | is nothing but a way of sublimating your frustrated sexual desires? | 难道不是为了补偿你的欲求不满吗 |
[02:16] | That’s preposterous! These purchases have nothing to do with sex. | 太荒谬了 我买这些东西根本与性无关 |
[02:19] | Oh, don’t they? In addition to the loveseat, | 哦 是嘛 除了双人沙发 |
[02:21] | let’s see, your most recent acquisitions have been | 你最近还买了什么呢 |
[02:24] | a French bedwarmer, | 哦 一个法式暖床炉 |
[02:26] | a pair of toby jugs, | 一对小酒杯 |
[02:30] | the less said about that Civil War ramrod, the better. | 更不用提那个内战时期的推弹杆了 |
[02:36] | You Freudians. Sometimes a ramrod is just a… | 你们这些龌龊的弗洛伊德信徒 推弹杆怎么了 |
[02:41] | Hell, even I can’t make that one fly. | 算了 我自己都不想编了 |
[02:44] | Take heart. Niles, we’re both in the same boat. | 不用掩饰啦 Niles 咱俩是一条绳上的蚂蚱 |
[02:46] | The hard part is, where do you go to meet people? | 难就难在我们该去哪结交妹子呢 |
[02:49] | Oh, it’s not that hard. | 咳 没什么难的啦 |
[02:50] | Just yesterday I met a very nice man at the grocery. | 我昨天就在杂货店里认识了一位特别好的男人 |
[02:53] | We got to talking, and he asked me if I was free Saturday night. | 我们聊了起来 他问我周六有没有空 |
[02:56] | I said, “Yes.” He said, “Oh, wait, | 我说 有啊 他说 诶呀 不对 |
[02:58] | that’s me niece’s Bat Mitzvah”. | 那天是我侄女的成人礼 |
[03:00] | I said “I’ve never been to a Bat Mitzvah”. | 我就说 我还从没参加过犹太成人礼呢 |
[03:01] | He said “Would you like to go to the bat mitzvah?” | 他说 那你要不要去参加一次成人礼啊 |
[03:03] | I said “Oh, yes, I’d love to go to the Bat Mitzvah”. | 我就说 哦 我很乐意去成人礼上见识一下 |
[03:06] | – So he said… – Daphne? – Yes? | – 然后他就说 – Daphne – 怎么了 |
[03:08] | Oh, nothing, I’m sorry. Go on. | 哦 没事 抱歉 你继续 |
[03:11] | I seem to have lost me train of thought. | 我想不起来我要说什么了 |
[03:15] | Oh, well, anyone like some tea? | 对了 有没有人想喝茶 |
[03:17] | – Love some. Thank you. – Thank you, yes. | – 好呀 谢啦 – 谢谢 好的 |
[03:20] | Little trick I discovered a few weeks ago. It’s a lifesaver. | 我几周前发现了这个小秘诀 简直救了我的贱命 |
[03:24] | Anyway, as I was saying, | 言归正传 |
[03:27] | where does one go to meet available women? | 到底我们应该去哪儿认识单身女性呢 |
[03:31] | There are singles bars, of course. | 第一个想到的就是单身酒吧呀 |
[03:33] | Uh, We could join a health club. | 呃 我们也可以去健身房 |
[03:35] | Oh, there’s a splendid idea. | 可不 这个办法不错 |
[03:38] | Yes, I can just picture the two of us, tank tops and spandex. | 我可以想象咱俩穿着背心和紧身裤 |
[03:41] | Find us a pair of matching headbands, we might as well sterilise ourselves. | 再加上成对儿的发带 咱这辈子就别想碰女人了 |
[03:45] | Wow, sounds like fun, Daph. | 哇 听起来好有趣哦 Daph |
[03:47] | If she says Bat Mitzvah one more time… | 如果她再说一遍成人礼 |
[03:51] | – Hey, Niles. – Hey, Dad. | – 嘿 Niles – 嘿 老爸 |
[03:53] | Well, if you’re so smart, you come up with an idea. | 你行你上啊 你倒是出个主意呗 |
[03:55] | – What are you guys talking about? – Just our pathetic love lives. | – 你们在说什么 – 我们可悲的感情生活 |
[03:58] | Well, you know, why don’t you do what my buddies and I used to do | 嗯 干脆学我们年轻时的方法吧 |
[04:01] | when we were young and hard up for dates? | 那时候如果我们饥渴了 就 |
[04:04] | Invade Korea? | 入侵朝鲜 |
[04:10] | No, we’d throw a party. With just one rule. | 屁 我们会办个派对 只有一个要求 |
[04:13] | Only single, available people were invited. | 只有单身人士才能参加 |
[04:16] | I don’t know, Dad. That doesn’t really sound like us. | 我不确定诶 老爸 听起来一点都不像我们的风格 |
[04:19] | Well, I don’t know, it works. I used to throw one a month. | 可是很有用啦 我以前每个月办一次 |
[04:22] | People used to call them Marty parties. | 大家都管它们叫Marty派对 |
[04:24] | People would call me up and say, | 人们会打电话问我 |
[04:26] | “Hey, Marty, when’s the next Marty party?” | 嘿 Marty 下次Marty派对什么时候办啊 |
[04:28] | “Isn’t it time for another Marty party?” | 是时候该办Marty派对了啊 |
[04:31] | “Sure had a great time at the last Marty Party”. | 上次我在Marty Party玩得很开心 |
[04:33] | – Uh, Dad? – Yeah? | – 呃 老爸 – 怎么了 |
[04:35] | Oh, I’m sorry. Nothing. Go on. | 抱歉 没怎么 您继续 |
[04:38] | Or somebody might say, “Can I host the next Marty party?” | 还会有人问 我能主办下一次Marty派对吗 |
[04:42] | – It doesn’t always work. – I see. | – 这办法不是每次都管用 – 看出来了 |
[04:44] | Yeah. Thanks Dad, | 好吧 谢了 老爸 |
[04:45] | but I don’t think we’re really quite hard-up enough yet | 我觉得我们还不至于 |
[04:47] | to stage a singles party. | 饥渴到办单身派对吧 |
[04:49] | OK, suit yourself. | 好吧 你们随意 |
[04:51] | Well, we’ll just get ready for the evening. | 那咱们为今天晚上的家庭活动做准备吧 |
[04:53] | I’ll dish out the spaghetti and you guys set up the card table. | 我去分意大利面 你们把牌桌弄好 |
[04:58] | I got us a new jigsaw puzzle. | 我新买了个拼图 |
[05:00] | 10,000 pieces. | 一万片 |
[05:03] | It’s called “The Wheat Field”. | 叫做 麦田 |
[05:13] | – I’ll send the invitations. – I’ll call the caterer. | – 我来发邀请函 – 我去找餐饮供应商 |
[05:27] | Hello, welcome. Please come in. | 你们好 欢迎 请进 |
[05:30] | Niles, this is wonderful. I had no idea we’d get such a turnout. | Niles 太棒了 我没想到竟然会这么成功 |
[05:33] | I know. Everywhere I look | 可不是 遍地都是 |
[05:34] | there’s another woman I want to get to know better. | 我想要深入了解的女人 |
[05:37] | With some obvious exceptions. | 当然还是有一些例外啦 |
[05:40] | Roz, I didn’t know you were coming. | Roz 我不知道你会来诶 |
[05:42] | Yeah, I know it’s a long shot, | 我也知道希望不大 |
[05:44] | but I figured I better get out and do a little flirting | 但是我偶尔得出来练习一下打情骂俏啊 |
[05:46] | before I forget how. | 不然将来该生疏了 |
[05:49] | – Can I offer you something? – Yeah… | – 想喝点什么吗 – 好 |
[05:57] | My God, Roz, you are rusty. | 天呐 Roz 你已经生疏了 |
[06:00] | By the way, I know you’ve been striking out a lot lately, | 话说 我知道你最近老是被”三振出局” |
[06:03] | but I invited someone tonight guaranteed | 我邀请了某人 她肯定会改善你的”击中率” |
[06:05] | to improve your batting average | 让你打出全垒打 |
[06:07] | Not necessary, Roz. I’ve already met someone quite captivating… | 不用了 Roz 我已经认识了一位很迷人的女士 |
[06:08] | – Hi, Roz. – Tina, you made it. | – 嗨 Roz – Tina 你来啦 |
[06:11] | Well, you know me. Have I ever said no to a good time? | 呵呵 你了解我的啦 有的玩我怎么会不来 |
[06:14] | That’s what I was trying to tell Frasier. | 我也是这么跟Frasier说的 |
[06:18] | Tina Kramer Tina Kramer, | |
[06:19] | – meet Dr Frasier Crane. – Hello | – 这是Frasier Crane医生 – 你好 |
[06:21] | – Doctor, huh? – Yes, that’s right. Roz, Roz? | – 医生啊 – 没错 Roz Roz |
[06:24] | Strong hands. | 有力的双手 |
[06:26] | I guess it’s true what they say, strong hands, strong mind. | 常言说得好 手要是有力 人就聪明 |
[06:31] | Yes, well, | 没错 |
[06:31] | that’s why you’ll never see an unopened pickle jar at a Mensa meeting. | 所以在门萨俱乐部里找不到没开过的腌菜罐 |
[06:36] | Huh? | 啥 |
[06:38] | Excuse me, I’m sorry. | 不好意思 让一下 |
[06:41] | Oh, excuse me. | 哦 借过 |
[06:45] | Marty Marty? | |
[06:49] | You’re looking at my hair, right? | 你是不是在看我的头发 |
[06:50] | Well, yeah. Looks great. | 可不 看起来很棒 |
[06:53] | Thanks. Yeah, I did it myself. | 多谢 我自己染的 |
[06:55] | – Get out. – Yeah, yeah, really.. | – 别吹了 – 真的 真的 |
[06:58] | Well, Daphne suggested it. | 确实 是Daphne建议我染的 |
[06:59] | And at first I said “no way”, | 一开始我是拒绝的 |
[07:01] | but then I thought well, you know, a lot of other guys do it, | 但我转念一想 很多男人也都染发 |
[07:04] | What better place to try it than here where nobody knows who I am. | 而且在这儿试试水也很安全 都是陌生人 |
[07:08] | Boy, you look great, too. | 哇撒 你看起来很美 |
[07:09] | Oh, thanks. Yeah, I was really happy with this dress. | 哦 谢谢 我特别喜欢这条裙子 |
[07:12] | You can’t even tell I’m pregnant in it. | 穿上它就没人能看出来我怀孕了 |
[07:13] | I know. I mean, it’s just… | 可不是嘛 我都 |
[07:17] | Well, you have a good time at the party and the dress looks great. | 你玩得开心 裙子很漂亮 |
[07:20] | Nobody’d know. | 没人会看出来 |
[07:22] | Same with your hair. It’s completely natural. | 你的头发也一样 非常自然 |
[07:32] | – Hey, Niles. – Hey, Dad. | – 嘿 Niles – 嘿 老爸 |
[07:34] | Hey, watch that “Dad” business. | 注意点 别叫我爸了 |
[07:36] | I’ve got a few young ladies around here | 有好几位年轻的女士 |
[07:38] | thinking I just might be your brother. | 都以为我是你的哥哥呢 |
[07:41] | Yeah, it’s like looking in a mirror. | 没错 你就像我镜子里的倒影 |
[07:44] | What’s the matter, aren’t you having any fun? | 怎么 有什么不开心的吗 |
[07:46] | Oh, sort of. It’s just been so long since I’ve been single, | 嗯 有点 我单身太久了 |
[07:49] | I’m finding it hard to strike up conversations. | 都不太会搭讪了 |
[07:51] | Oh, come on now, it’s nothing. | 哦 没事的啦 |
[07:52] | You just need a little confidence. Here, watch this. | 你只要自信点就好了 看好了 |
[07:56] | – Hi there. – Hi. | – 你好呀 – 你好 |
[07:58] | I’m Marty Crane. And this is my son, Niles. | 我是Marty Crane 这是我的儿子Niles |
[08:01] | Yep, my son. | 没错 我的儿子 |
[08:05] | Hi, Vicky Cantrell. | 你好 我是Vicky Cantrell |
[08:07] | – You’re the host. – Yeah | – 你是主办人吧 – 是的 |
[08:08] | I was just admiring your beautiful Turkish rug. | 我非常喜欢那件精美的土耳其式祈祷毯 |
[08:11] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[08:12] | Is that 18th century? | 是18世纪的吗 |
[08:14] | Yes, it is. You have quite an eye. | 是的 你眼力不错嘛 |
[08:16] | I work for an auction house. | 我在拍卖行工作 |
[08:18] | I’d love to see some of your other pieces. | 我很想欣赏下你其他的收藏品 |
[08:20] | Oh, it would be my pleasure. | 哦 荣幸之至 |
[08:22] | You know, there’s an absurd old legend about that rug, | 这个祈祷毯有一个很荒谬的古老传说 |
[08:25] | that whatever you pray for… | 不管你祈祷什么 |
[08:27] | Well, perhaps it’s not that absurd after all. | 或许这个传说也没那么荒谬啦 |
[08:31] | Roz, that woman is all over me. | Roz 那个女人一直巴着我不放 |
[08:34] | Well, of course she is! Didn’t you get what I was trying to tell you? | 肯定的啊 你刚才没听懂我的话吗 |
[08:37] | Yes of course I got it! | 我当然听懂了 |
[08:38] | I also got it when she showed me how she can tie a knot | 她向我展示怎么用舌头将樱桃杆打结 |
[08:40] | in a cherry stem with her tongue. | 这个我也懂了 |
[08:41] | That’s a party trick. | 这是派对常用的把戏啊 |
[08:43] | Except the cherry was in my mouth at the time. | 但是那个樱桃当时在我嘴里啊 |
[08:47] | Roz, I already tried to tell you that I’ve met a woman tonight. | Roz 我已经说了 我今晚已经认识了一位女士 |
[08:50] | – All right, I’ll go talk to her. – Thank you. | – 好吧 我去跟她说 – 谢谢 |
[08:53] | – Oh, Frasier. – Niles. | – 哦 Frasier – Niles |
[08:55] | I’m so glad we had this party. | 我很庆幸我们举办了这个派对 |
[08:56] | – I just met the most fabulous woman. – Oh that’s fabulous. | – 我刚刚认识了一位非常棒的女士 – 太好了 |
[08:59] | – Two white wines. – I also met someone who’s terrific. | – 两杯白葡萄酒 – 我也认识了一位很棒的女士 |
[09:02] | Oh, Wait, I can’t wait. I have to show you mine first. | 哦 我先说 我等不了了 我得让你先看看我的那位 |
[09:05] | – She’s over by the buffet. – Right, so is mine. | – 她在自助餐那边 – 我的那位也在那 |
[09:08] | Frasier, let me ask you something. | Frasier 我问问你 |
[09:10] | At what point would you like to acknowledge | 你到底要什么时候才愿意承认 |
[09:11] | that we’re both waving at the same woman? | 咱俩是在向同一个女人招手 |
[09:16] | I saw her first. | 我先看见她的 |
[09:17] | That’s not fair! You’re the host. You see everyone first. | 不公平 你是主人 每个客人第一个见到的都是你 |
[09:20] | There are plenty of other women here. | 这里还有很多女人 |
[09:22] | Exactly. So go pick one. | 没错 快去选一个吧 |
[09:24] | Oh, let’s just stop this. | 得了 别吵了 |
[09:25] | The only civilised thing to do | 现在唯一能展现风度的方法 |
[09:27] | is for us to both stay away from her. | 就是我们两个都不去追她 |
[09:29] | We are psychiatrists, not a couple of rutting pigs in a barnyard. | 我们是心理医生 不是在谷仓里发情的猪 |
[09:33] | What do you say to that? | 怎么样 |
[09:37] | Sooey. | 好嗷 |
[09:41] | – Very well. May the better man win. – Fine. | – 很好 公平竞争 – 行 |
[09:44] | Frasier, your father wants you. | Frasier 你爸在找你 |
[09:46] | Ah, Advantage Niles. | 啊 Niles占了先机 |
[09:50] | – What? – I want you to meet a big fan of yours. | – 怎么了 – 这位是你的忠实粉丝 |
[09:52] | Kathy Locker Kathy Locker, | |
[09:53] | this is my son, Dr Frasier Crane. | 这是我的儿子 Frasier Crane医生 |
[09:54] | I was just telling your father how much I love your show. | 我正在告诉你爸我有多喜欢你的节目 |
[09:57] | You’re such a good listener. | 你是个很好的倾听者 |
[10:01] | Just yesterday you gave | 就在昨天 有位女士 |
[10:02] | the best advice to that woman | 打来倾诉自己青春期儿子的问题 |
[10:04] | who called in about a problem with her teenage son. | 你提供了个绝佳的建议 |
[10:06] | What was it you said, exactly? | 你当时怎么说的来着 |
[10:08] | What do I ever say? You’re in denial. | 我还能说什么 你是在逃避问题 |
[10:10] | Seek help. Whatever. Blah, blah, blah. | 你需要寻求帮助 之类之类的 |
[10:14] | He’s a little different from what I expected. | 我得承认 作为粉丝 我有点小小的失望呢 |
[10:16] | Yeah, he’s not exactly what I expected either, | 呵呵 作为父亲 我的失望也不是一星半点的 |
[10:19] | but you’ll get used to it. | 但是你会习惯的 |
[10:20] | So you were telling me about being a detective. | 对了 你刚刚在跟我说你当警探的事 |
[10:23] | Oh, yeah, yeah, I… say, do you ah, feel like getting a drink? | 哦 对对 我 呃 你想来杯酒吗 |
[10:28] | – Yeah, that would be nice, Marty. – OK, let’s go. | – 行啊 Marty – 那好 走吧 |
[10:38] | You know, this is such a prime spot here. | 恩 这是个特别好的位置 |
[10:42] | I think maybe one of us should stay here and the other one get the drinks. | 或许咱俩应该留一个在这看位子 另一个去拿酒 |
[10:45] | You’re right. | 你说得对 |
[10:47] | So I’ll have a beer. | 那我要杯啤酒 |
[10:51] | Oh, ok. | 哦 好吧 |
[10:54] | Oh, shoot, I think I lost an earring. | 哦 糟了 我掉了个耳环 |
[10:56] | There it is, by my foot. | 在这呢 在我脚旁边 |
[11:03] | There you go. | 给你 |
[11:07] | Thanks. Enjoy the party. | 谢谢 你玩得开心 |
[11:14] | – These egg rolls are delicious. – I made them myself. | – 蛋卷太好吃了 – 我自己做的 |
[11:17] | Really? A psychiatrist and a chef. Impressive. | 真的吗 又是心理医生 又是厨师 让人刮目相看呀 |
[11:21] | Yes, well they both came in handy when I cured the ham. | 也不难 我在处理火腿之前就已经把他俩做好了 |
[11:26] | – Hello, Niles. – What do you want? | – 你好 Niles – 你要干嘛 |
[11:27] | Actually, there’s something of an emergency in the kitchen. | 厨房里有紧急情况 |
[11:29] | Very cagey, Frasier. | 很聪明啊 Frasier |
[11:31] | Why don’t you just run out and yell “Fire”? | 你咋不直接跑出来大叫”着火了” |
[11:34] | – Dear God. Excuse me, Vicky, for just for a moment. – Of course. | – 天哪 抱歉 Vicky 我去去就来 – 去吧 |
[11:39] | Is it a serious problem? | 问题很严重吗 |
[11:41] | No, he’s always run like that. | 没啦 他一直都是这样子跑步 |
[11:48] | You mean the kitchen. No, no, Niles can handle it. | 你是说厨房啊 没问题 Niles会处理好的 |
[11:50] | You two seem very close. | 你们两个看起来关系很好 |
[11:52] | Oh, Yes. I’m his best friend. | 没错 我是他最好的朋友 |
[11:54] | Well, his only friend, really. | 也是他唯一的朋友 |
[11:58] | That surprises me. He seems very outgoing. | 不可能吧 他看起来很外向 |
[12:00] | Doesn’t he, though? Yes,the medication seems to be working wonders. | 是吧 看起来那个药还是挺有用的 |
[12:05] | I just hope he sticks with it this time. | 我只是希望这次他能坚持到底 |
[12:09] | Well, shall we hit the buffet? | 我们去拿点东西吃吧 |
[12:12] | – What a great story. – Thanks. | – 这个故事很好笑 – 谢啦 |
[12:15] | – This is fun. – Yeah, | – 今晚我很开心 – 是啊 |
[12:16] | I usually hate these kinds of parties. | 我一般都很讨厌这种派对 |
[12:18] | Oh me, too. People are always so superficial. | 我也是 人们都太肤浅了 |
[12:21] | Yeah, it seems like everybody nowadays is all about appearances. | 是啊 好像现在的人都只看外表 |
[12:25] | – Shall we get a drink? – Yeah, sure. | – 我们去喝一杯吧 – 行啊 |
[12:32] | – I’m not really very thirsty. – Me, either. – OK – See ya. | – 我其实也不是很渴 – 我也是 – 好吧 – 回见 |
[12:37] | Then I top it off with brandied cherries | 然后我在上面装点了白兰地渍樱桃 |
[12:39] | – and a dollop of creme fraiche. – Excuse me, Frasier. | – 还有一层厚鲜奶油 – 打扰一下 Frasier |
[12:42] | Oh, not now Niles, | 哦 等会儿 Niles |
[12:42] | I’m telling Vicky my recipe for crepes cateau. | 我正和Vichy分享我做法式薄饼的心得呢 |
[12:44] | I’m sure she’s had enough of your crepes by now. | 她应该已经听够了你的薄饼(废话)了吧 |
[12:49] | I’m terriblly sorry to interrupt, but I believe Dad needs you, Frasier. | 很抱歉打扰你们 但是老爸找你 Frasier |
[12:52] | – No, he doesn’t. – I think he might. | – 不 他没要找我 – 我想他确实在找你 |
[12:56] | All right, then. If you will excuse me. | 好吧 那失陪了 |
[12:59] | Do you live with your father, Niles? | 你和你爸爸住在一起吗 Niles |
[13:01] | No. A grown man live with his father? | 当然不 一个大男人和怎么能和爸爸住一起 |
[13:04] | Frasier lives with Dad. | Frasier和爸爸住一起 |
[13:07] | Champagne? | 来点香槟吗 |
[13:08] | – What is it? – You gotta get me home. | – 怎么了 – 你必须得送我回家 |
[13:10] | – Why? – Something’s happening with my hair dye. | – 为什么 – 我染的头发有点不对劲 |
[13:12] | It’s melting or something. Look at this stain. It must look terrible. | 它在融化 你看这个污痕 我看起来一定很糟糕 |
[13:14] | – No, it doesn’t. It actually looks terrific. -You sure? | – 没有啦 其实看上去还不错 – 真的假的 |
[13:17] | Well, maybe the fire is making you perspire a bit. Here. | 好吧 可能壁炉确实让你有点出汗 来擦擦 |
[13:25] | Well, actually, you look quite young and attractive actually. | 其实 你看起来年轻又迷人 |
[13:29] | Yes. You know by the warmth of the fire glow, | 没错 尤其是在火光的照耀下 |
[13:31] | I’d say that you actually look like you’re back in your “Marty party” Days. | 你看上去 像是回到了Marty派对的流金岁月 |
[13:36] | – You’re not BS-ing me? – No, no. | – 你没骗我吧 – 当然没有 |
[13:37] | – OK, then, I’ll stay. – Great. | – 那好吧 我不走了 – 太好了 |
[13:41] | Vicky, hello. Where’s Niles? | Vichy 你好 Niles去哪了 |
[13:43] | Oh, he had to take a call. | 哦 他去接个电话 |
[13:45] | Oh, well, that’s terrific. | 哦 太棒了 |
[13:48] | Would you be interested maybe find someplace where we could talk? | 你想不想找个地方聊聊 |
[13:51] | Just two of us, no interruptions. | 就我们两个人 不受人打扰 |
[13:53] | Frasier Frasier… | |
[13:53] | – Not now, Roz. – Come here. | – 等会儿 Roz – 你快过来 |
[13:55] | – Can’t you see I’m busy? – My water just broke. | – 你看不出来我很忙吗 – 我羊水破了 |
[13:58] | Well…Maybe you sat in something. | 这 也许是你坐到了什么东西上面呢 |
[14:03] | Oh, my God! What’s all over my Turkish prayer rug? | 哦 天呐 我的土耳其祈祷毯上面都是什么东西 |
[14:07] | – You’ve got to get me to a hospital. – Yes, yes, I’m sorry, of course. | – 你得送我去医院 – 好 好 没问题 抱歉 |
[14:10] | Vickie, Vickie? if you’ll excuse us, my friend Roz just went into labour. | Vichy 失陪了 我的朋友Roz要生了 |
[14:14] | – How exciting! Good luck. – Thanks. | – 多棒啊 祝你好运 – 谢谢 |
[14:16] | Wait, Wait, Wait, just one second. | 等会 等会 一下下就好 |
[14:18] | Vicky, I know this may not be the most appropriate moment | Vicky 也许现在不是说这话的时候 |
[14:21] | But I was wondering if perhaps you’d like to have dinner with me sometime. | 但是你想不想找个时间和我吃顿晚餐 |
[14:23] | That’s sweet of you, Frasier, but I’m not really interested. | 谢谢你的邀请 Frasier 但是我还是不去了 |
[14:26] | Oh, well, thank you for your honesty. | 哦 好吧 谢谢你如此坦诚 |
[14:29] | My god, what is wrong with me? | 天呐 我到底有什么问题 |
[14:32] | Why can’t I find a single woman who’s interested in me? | 为什么我都找不到一个对我有兴趣的女人 |
[14:34] | Those are two different questions really, | 你说的其实是两个问题 |
[14:36] | so we should just sit down and talk them both over. | 我们得坐下来好好探讨一下 |
[14:39] | Oh wait, I can’t. Because I’m in labour! | 不过 我不能 因为老娘要生了 |
[14:49] | How did we do? | 这杯咋样 |
[14:50] | Better! This time it’s hot and it’s got extra cream. | 好多了 这次是热的 上面还加了奶油 |
[14:53] | Of course, it’s still chicken soup. | 但是 它还是鸡汤 |
[14:56] | Well, who needs coffee when we can keep alert | 有这些时下杂志可以看 |
[15:00] | by perusing these very up-to-date magazines? | 谁还需要咖啡来提神呢 |
[15:03] | Oh, oh Look, Dad. | 看呐 老爸 |
[15:05] | That cute Tricia Nixon’s getting married. | 那位可爱的Tricia Nixon要结婚啦 |
[15:09] | Oh, excuse me, | 打扰一下 |
[15:11] | may we get an update on Roz Doyle? | 能告诉我们Roz Doyle现在怎么样了吗 |
[15:13] | Sure. She is still in early labour. Hang in there. | 没问题 她还没进产房 再坚持一会儿 |
[15:17] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[15:18] | She’s pretty. | 她挺漂亮的 |
[15:18] | I should make a play for her. | 考虑到我今晚既年轻又迷人 |
[15:20] | Considering how young and attractive I am tonight. | 我应该去追她才对 |
[15:24] | I said I was sorry. | 我说过对不起了 |
[15:27] | Not half as sorry as when I ran over that speed bump | 不过 更让我心疼的是过减速带的时候 |
[15:30] | and you left a headprint on the ceiling of my BMW. | 你在我宝马的车顶上留了个头印 |
[15:35] | Hello. | 你们好 |
[15:36] | Niles, didn’t expect to see you here. | Niles 没想到你会来这啊 |
[15:38] | The doorman found Roz’s purse in the lobby. | 门卫在大厅里发现了Roz的钱包 |
[15:41] | I thought she might need it. | 我猜她会需要它 |
[15:43] | I suppose you also came to gloat. | 我想你也是顺便来炫耀的吧 |
[15:44] | You got Vicky, I didn’t. | 你拿下了Vichy 而我没有 |
[15:46] | Neither of us got Vicky. She went home with the bartender. | 咱俩谁都没拿下Vichy 她和酒保跑了 |
[15:51] | Really? | 真的吗 |
[15:52] | Well, you know what I say? Her loss. | 你猜我会说什么 这是她的损失 |
[15:56] | Absolutely right. Her loss. | 没错 她的损失 |
[16:00] | Has saying that ever made you feel any better? | 这么说有让你觉得舒服点吗 |
[16:04] | Not a whit. | 完全没有 |
[16:06] | It’s been a hell of a night for all of us. | 今晚对我们三个来说 都是糟糕的一晚 |
[16:08] | It certainly was for me. I lost Vicky, my rug is ruined, | 绝对的啊 没抓住Vichy 我的毯子也毁了 |
[16:12] | someone left weird brown stains on my wing chair. | 有人还在我的靠背椅上留下了奇怪的棕色污渍 |
[16:19] | Hello. | 你们好 |
[16:21] | I came down as soon as I heard. | 我一听到消息就马上过来了 |
[16:23] | What the hell happened to your hair? | 你的头发怎么了 |
[16:26] | What do you think? I coloured it just like you told me to. | 你觉得呢 我按你说的染了 |
[16:28] | Yeah, but this isn’t cinnamon sable. | 是吗 但是这不是肉桂棕褐色啊 |
[16:30] | I couldn’t use that. It had a woman’s picture on the box. | 我不能染那个色 它包装盒上有个女人的图片 |
[16:33] | I used some stuff called Color In A Can instead. | 我用的是个叫罐装色彩的东西 |
[16:37] | It said as seen on TV, just spray on and go. | 上面说 和广告一样 只要喷一喷就好 |
[16:39] | How did I know it was a lousy product? | 我怎么知道它是假冒伪劣产品 |
[16:42] | If only there had been some clue. | 是呀 你怎么能知道呢 |
[16:46] | Don’t you start on me, mister, you left me melting by that fire. | 你倒说起我来了 你把我扔在壁炉边融化 |
[16:49] | Wait a minute. You’re the one who left stains on my wing chair. | 等会 我椅子上的污渍就是你留的 |
[16:54] | I was wondering when you’d crack that, Miss Marple. | 我还在想你到什么时候才会发现呢 Marple小姐 |
[16:57] | Don’t start with me. | 你别扯到我身上来 |
[17:00] | Stop it! What is wrong with the three of you? | 停 你们到底有什么毛病 |
[17:03] | Our friend is having a baby in there. | 我们的朋友在生孩子 |
[17:05] | I’m sorry, Daphne. We’ve all had dreadful evenings. | 对不起 Daphne 今晚是个难熬的夜晚 |
[17:08] | but you’re absolutely right, we should be thinking about Roz. | 但是你说得太对了 我们应该想着Roz |
[17:10] | Exactly. | 说得对 |
[17:12] | Besides, nobody could have had as horrendous an evening as I did. | 再说 今晚没人会比我更倒霉 |
[17:16] | I got stood up, at a Bat Mitzvah. I waited there an hour. | 我被放鸽子了 在成人礼上 我在那等了一个小时 |
[17:21] | He left a lame excuse on the machine, | 他在电话里说了一通蹩脚的借口 |
[17:24] | but if he thinks he’s got another chance with me, he’s meshuggah. | 如果他觉得我们之间还有机会 那他就真是疯了 |
[17:33] | Oh, boo hoo, anyway. At least you had a date tonight. | 哦 有什么大不了的 至少你今晚还有约会 |
[17:37] | And at least your apartment wasn’t decimated. | 至少你的公寓没被摧毁 |
[17:41] | I went to a party tonight with shoe polish on my hair. | 我顶着鞋油去了今晚的派对 |
[17:48] | That’s it. Breathe. You’re doing great. | 就是这样 呼吸 你做得很好 |
[17:51] | Roz, take care, honey. We love you. Good luck. | Roz 保重 亲爱的 我们爱你 加油 |
[18:02] | – She’s very tired, so I’ll have to ask you to make it quick. – OK. | – 她很累 你们得快点 – 好的 |
[18:07] | Roz, congratulations. | Roz 祝贺你 |
[18:10] | Oh, look at her. | 哦 看看她 |
[18:12] | She is beautiful. | 她很漂亮 |
[18:14] | Mazel tov. | 恭喜 |
[18:18] | It’s a long story. | 说来话长 |
[18:20] | So, what’s her name? | 她叫什么名字 |
[18:22] | Alice Alice May Doyle Alice. Alice May Doyle. | |
[18:25] | My daughter. My God, that’s the first time I ever said that. | 我的女儿 天呐 这是我第一次这么说 |
[18:30] | You look great. How do you feel? | 你看起来很棒 感觉怎么样 |
[18:33] | Fine. I’m just a little tired. | 挺好的 只是有点累 |
[18:36] | Maybe we should go. I’ll drop by and see you tomorrow. Ok? | 要不我们走吧 我明天再来看你 |
[18:39] | – Ok. – You know, I sure would love to hold her for just a second. | – 好的 – 我好想抱一抱她 |
[18:43] | Maybe we should just wait | 咱还是挑个安全的时候吧 |
[18:44] | until you’re not dripping toxins. | 你现在正在往下滴有毒物质呢 |
[18:50] | – Oh. OK, we’ll see you, then. – OK. Bye. | – 好吧 再见 – 好 拜拜 |
[18:53] | – Congratulations. – I’ll be along in a second. | – 恭喜你 – 我一会儿就来 |
[18:58] | Roz, congratulations again. | Roz 再次祝贺你 |
[19:01] | I’m so proud of you. | 我真为你骄傲 |
[19:03] | Your little girl is just perfect. | 你的女儿太棒了 |
[19:05] | She is, isn’t she? | 是吧 |
[19:10] | My God, look at your face. | 天呐 看看你的脸 |
[19:13] | Yeah, I know, I must look real lovely. | 是啊 我知道 我现在看起来肯定挺美的 |
[19:15] | Yes, that’s exactly how you look. Lovely. | 没错 就是这样 美丽 |
[19:19] | I don’t think I’ve ever seen a face more purely happy than right now. | 我从没看过谁的脸是这么纯粹的开心 |
[19:26] | Little Alice, | 小Alice |
[19:28] | how I wish you could wake up right now | 我多希望你现在能醒过来 |
[19:32] | and see how beautiful your mother looks. | 看看你的妈妈有多美 |
[19:39] | Then again, you need your rest. | 不过 你得休息 |
[19:45] | You did great, honey. | 你做得很好 亲爱的 |
[19:52] | Sleep well. | 好好休息 |
[19:55] | – Well, hello. – Hi. | – 你好 – 嗨 |
[19:58] | This may be an odd time to ask you this but I was convinced | 现在说这个也许很奇怪 不过我很确信 |
[20:04] | that we sort of made some eye contact in the waiting room. | 在等候室的时候我们有过眼神接触 |
[20:08] | I was wondering if I could get your number? | 能不能给我你的电话号码 |
[20:10] | – But what about your…? – Forget about her. She’s asleep. | – 但是你的 – 别管她了 她睡着了 |
[20:14] | What kind of monster are you? | 你真是个人渣 |
[20:22] | Her loss. | 这是她的损失 |