时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:13] | Tricia, I am so very sorry. | Tricia 实在抱歉 |
[00:16] | Have you been waiting long? | 等很久了吗 |
[00:18] | Well, let’s see. We were supposed to meet at noon, | 我们来看看啊 我们约好中午见的 |
[00:20] | and it’s now quarter to one. | 现在都12点45了 |
[00:22] | Well, I do apologize, it’s just that the most extraordinary thing happened. | 真对不起 只是发生了件不同寻常的事 |
[00:25] | Well, at least I’ll get a colourful anecdote out of this. | 好吧 至少我还能从中听点有趣的事 |
[00:28] | What was it? | 怎么回事 |
[00:29] | – My watch stopped. – I’ve got to go. | – 我的表停了 – 我得走了 |
[00:31] | No, no, no, no. That is extraordinary. | 别别别 别啊 是很不同寻常的 |
[00:32] | You see, it’s a very fine Swiss timepiece. | 这是制作精良的瑞士时钟 |
[00:34] | It only loses a minute per decade. | 十年才慢一分钟 |
[00:36] | And you’ve had it for what, | 所以你戴了这表有多久 |
[00:37] | 450 years? | 450年 |
[00:39] | I’m sorry Frasier, I have an appointment at one. | 抱歉 Frasier 我一点还有约 |
[00:41] | No, no, no, please, please, let me have another chance. | 别别别 等等 再给我一次机会吧 |
[00:44] | I so enjoyed meeting you last night, | 昨夜见到你太幸运 |
[00:45] | I’d love to get to know you better. | 我想更好地了解你 |
[00:47] | Well, I suppose even Swiss watches sometimes stop. | 既然瑞士手表也有例外 |
[00:51] | You’d be amazed how much fondue gets overcooked that way. | 也不知道有多少奶酪火锅会因此煮过头 |
[00:56] | How about lunch tomorrow? | 明天中午吃顿饭如何 |
[00:57] | I know the maitre d’ over at Le Petit Bistro. | 我认识芽庄餐厅的领班 |
[00:59] | He’ll give us the best table in the house. | 他会给咱留最好的座位 |
[01:02] | Please? | 好不好 |
[01:03] | OK. I’ll meet you there at one. | 好吧 1点见 |
[01:06] | That’s when the little hand is… | 就是时针指向 |
[01:07] | Yes, yes, I know, I know. | 我知道了 知道了 |
[01:10] | – See you then. – OK. | – 到时候见 – 好 |
[01:16] | – Frasier – Niles – Frasier. – Niles | |
[01:17] | Thank God you have room. | 你有座位真是太好了 |
[01:18] | I just spent ten stupefying minutes | 我刚和一个动物标本剥制师 |
[01:20] | sharing a table with a taxidermist. | 坐了十分钟 太可怕了 |
[01:24] | I swear, he doesn’t have to stuff his trophies. | 我发誓他都不用填充他的战利品 |
[01:26] | He can just bore them stiff. | 直接就钻孔了 |
[01:28] | Who was that woman? | 那女人是谁 |
[01:30] | Actually, a young lady I met at the opera last night. | 是我昨晚在歌剧院遇见的 |
[01:33] | I swear, Niles, it was remarkable. | Niles 我发誓 这次不同以往 |
[01:36] | Our hands touched, there was a spark. | 我们手接触的瞬间 有火花闪耀 |
[01:38] | After ten minutes of conversation, | 交谈十分钟 |
[01:40] | I knew I had to know this young woman better. | 我就知道我必须深入了解她 |
[01:42] | Ever experience that sort of thing? | 有过这种感觉吗 |
[01:44] | Actually, yes, I do know a thing or two about the spark of attraction. | 有啊 我知道火花 |
[01:47] | Excuse me. Can I have the non-fat cappuccino, please? | 劳驾 请给我杯无脂卡布奇诺 |
[01:51] | Well, what am I to deduce, that you’ve recently gotten lucky? | 这么说来 最近有情况啊 |
[01:56] | Yes, and And here’s the kicker: she lives in your building. | 是啊 有意思的是 她和你住一栋楼 |
[01:58] | Five floors down. Allison Landis. | 比你低五层 叫Allison Landis |
[02:00] | You little sneak. I don’t even know the woman. | 你个小滑头 我都不认识她 |
[02:03] | How did you two meet? | 你们怎么遇见的 |
[02:04] | Well, we were just chatting on the elevator. | 就是在电梯里聊了两句 |
[02:05] | I walked her to her car | 我送她到车库 |
[02:06] | where it turned out she’d locked her keys inside. | 结果发现她把钥匙锁车里了 |
[02:09] | My resourcefulness saved the day. | 我机智地挽救了局面 |
[02:10] | You got them out with a coat hanger? | 你拿衣服架把钥匙捞出来了 |
[02:12] | I called the auto club. | 我打给了汽车俱乐部 |
[02:13] | Where would I find a coat hanger? | 我上哪去找衣架啊 |
[02:17] | Anyway, she invited me to join her for lunch, we hit it off. | 她请我吃午饭 我们聊得很投缘 |
[02:20] | The next night I took her to dinner. | 第二天我带她吃晚饭 |
[02:22] | One thing led to another | 一来二去的 |
[02:24] | and soon there was no further need for words. | 根本不需要多说了 |
[02:27] | Except for your frantically-babbled “Thank yous”. | 除了你一直蹦出口的”谢谢” |
[02:30] | I’m seeing her again tonight, | 我今晚也约了她 |
[02:32] | so you’ll understand if I’m drained tomorrow at our squash game. | 如果我明天打壁球无精打采的话 |
[02:35] | My love-making can get slightly athletic. | 我的夜生活可能就是精神焕发的了 |
[02:38] | It’s more than we said for your squash game. | 比你的壁球有激情多了 |
[02:41] | It’s funny. I’ve been away from the seduction scene so long | 说来好笑 我远离床事太久 |
[02:43] | – I was worried I’d lost my technique. – Yes, Niles. | – 害怕技巧都生疏了呢 – 是该担心 |
[02:46] | Were those fears ever groundless. | 根本都是些毫无必要的担心嘛 |
[02:50] | You know, it’s like French. You can go without speaking it for years | 就像法语 可能几年不说 |
[02:54] | and then a few hours on the old boulevard d’amour, then you… | 可待在法国林荫小道一会儿 你就 |
[02:58] | – Where are you going? – To sit with the taxidermist. | – 你去哪啊 – 找那个标本剥制师 |
[03:06] | I can’t believe this has happened to me two days in a row. | 难以置信居然连着两天都这样 |
[03:08] | Frasier, you had car trouble, it can happen to anyone. | Frasier 你的车坏了 这很正常啊 |
[03:11] | Maybe she’s still at Le Petit Bistro. | 她可能还在芽庄餐厅 |
[03:13] | – She isn’t. – What? | – 没有 – 什么 |
[03:13] | If you’re talking about someone named Tricia, | 如果你在说Tricia的话 |
[03:16] | she called to say she was leaving the restaurant. | 她打电话说她走了 |
[03:18] | She alsp said you were right about the table. | 她还说座位确实如你所说 |
[03:20] | that it was a beautiful table in prime location | 很漂亮 位置也极好 |
[03:22] | and she wished you were laid out dead on top of it. | 她希望你的尸首躺在上面 |
[03:29] | It’s her machine. | 是答录机 |
[03:32] | Hello, Tricia, it’s Frasier. Look, I’m terribly sorry | 你好 Tricia 我是Frasier 实在抱歉 |
[03:35] | but it’s just my car battery went dead at a light | 我的车在等红绿灯时没电了 |
[03:39] | and I didn’t have my cell phone with me. | 而我又没带手机 |
[03:41] | By the time I got a jump I realized I couldn’t go to the restaurant | 好不容易到餐厅 我发现我没法进去 |
[03:43] | because I was wearing ridiculous shorts. | 因为我穿着滑稽的短裤 |
[03:46] | I know how this sounds but it’s the truth. | 我知道听起来像假的 但确实是这样 |
[03:48] | Here, just ask my brother. | 你可以问我弟弟 |
[03:50] | They’re ridiculous shorts. | 他确实穿着滑稽的短裤 |
[03:54] | Anyway, please give me one more chance. | 无论如何 请再给我一次机会 |
[03:57] | I’ll go anywhere, anytime. | 无论何时何地我都会去 |
[04:00] | Just give me a call. | 给我打个电话 |
[04:03] | Please. | 求你了 |
[04:05] | May I have the phone? | 能把电话给我吗 |
[04:05] | Of course. | 给你 |
[04:07] | God. I had such high hopes for this young woman. | 天啊 我觉得和她很有希望 |
[04:10] | Now I’ve gone and blown it twice. | 可我现在搞砸了两次 |
[04:12] | Whom are you calling? | 你在给谁打电话 |
[04:13] | Allison. It’s been hours since we spoke. | Allison 好几个小时没说话了 |
[04:19] | Hello, there. | 你 好吗 |
[04:23] | How are you feeling? | 怎么样 |
[04:25] | Me, too. | 我也是 |
[04:28] | Yeah, me too… | 嗯 我也是 |
[04:30] | Oh for God’s sake, take it in my bedroom. | 老天 去我卧室讲吧 |
[04:34] | You’re making the dog twitch. | 你这是在伤口上撒盐啊 |
[04:37] | Frasier, you’ll be so excited when you hear | Frasier 你知道我给你准备的生日计划 |
[04:38] | what I got planned for your birthday. | 一定会很兴奋的 |
[04:40] | Oh, Dad, please, I thought I said I didn’t want any fuss this year. | 老爸 我说了今年不想大办生日了 |
[04:43] | Get ready to change your mind | 准备好改变心意吧 |
[04:44] | cos I scored tickets Friday night to the best show in town. | 我拿到周五晚城里最棒的演出的票 |
[04:49] | Chimps On Ice. | <冰上的猩猩> |
[04:53] | Oh, my. | 哦 天 |
[04:54] | Yeah, now I know this doesn’t sound like your cup of tea, | 我知道听起来不是你的菜 |
[04:56] | but trust me on this, Duke saw this last week and he busted a gut. | 但信我这一回 Duke上周看完肚子都笑疼了 |
[04:59] | – While, Dad. – And mind you, he even saw it with the understudy. | – 可是 老爹 – 而且他还是和替补演员一起看的 |
[05:04] | Dad, look, you know, I really don’t feel like | 老爹 我今年生日 |
[05:07] | going out on my birthday this year. | 真的不想出去过 |
[05:09] | – Are you sure? – Yes, actually, I’d made plans already. | – 你确定 – 是的 我已经订好计划了 |
[05:11] | I was gonna stay home and watch television. | 我打算在家看电视 |
[05:13] | The opera is mounting a new production of “Cosi van Tutte.” | <女人心>正好要出新版了呢 |
[05:16] | Oh, no wonder, then. | 难怪啊 |
[05:19] | Oh, well, kid, you’re missing a treat. Duke said at the finale | 好吧 机会失不再来 Duke说最后一场 |
[05:22] | the whole cast skates to the top of a ramp and then splat! | 全员滑上一个斜坡 忽然扑通一下 |
[05:25] | Right into a tank of whipped cream. | 全掉进一箱鲜奶油里 |
[05:27] | Bet they don’t do that at your opera. | 你的歌剧里可没有 |
[05:30] | No, and Mozart’s still kicking himself. | 是啊 而莫扎特还因为这个自责呢 |
[05:33] | Come on, boy. | 走吧 乖狗狗 |
[05:37] | Frasier, are you familiar with the Safari Club? | Frasier 你知道狩猎俱乐部吗 |
[05:41] | Of course I’m familiar with them. | 当然了 |
[05:42] | Their yearly expeditions are remarkable. | 他们每年的探险都很棒 |
[05:44] | They’re more than remarkable! They’re the stuff of legend. | 不只是棒 简直就是传奇 |
[05:46] | Last year they made camp at the base of Mount Everest, | 去年他们在珠穆朗玛峰下扎营 |
[05:49] | then had their servants climb it while they held a wine-tasting. | 在他们品酒的时候让佣人去爬山 |
[05:53] | – So why are you telling me this? – Because Allison is a member. | – 干嘛告诉我这些 – Allison是会员 |
[05:57] | This Friday night, | 周五晚上 |
[05:57] | they’re having a black tie reception at her place down stairs, | 她家会举办个招待会 |
[06:00] | and we’re invited. | 而我们收到邀请了 |
[06:01] | That’s incredible. Oh my goodness! | 难以置信 天呐 |
[06:05] | Consider it your birthday present. | 这是给你的生日礼物 |
[06:05] | Oh, thank you! Thank you so much. | 谢谢 太谢谢了 |
[06:08] | Oh wait, gee, I told Dad I was going to stay home that night. | 等等 我跟老爹说了我要呆在家里 |
[06:10] | You mustn’t tell him about this. | 你可不许跟他说 |
[06:11] | Don’t worry. He’ll never suspect. | 放心吧 他不会怀疑的 |
[06:13] | I told him yesterday I was going to be away for the weekend. | 我昨天跟他说我周末要出去 |
[06:15] | Great. Perfect. But wait a minute: you knew about this yesterday? | 太好了 等会儿 你昨天就知道这事了 |
[06:18] | No, but I knew about Chimps On Ice. | 不 但我知道<冰上的猩猩> |
[06:29] | I am so looking forward to this. | 太期待了 |
[06:31] | I understand one of the members is going to show | 据说有个会员会展示 |
[06:32] | an old film he made of the rare and endangered species | 他拍摄的稀有物种的电影 |
[06:36] | found only in the rainforest. | 那些生物只有热带雨林才有 |
[06:39] | Maris would have loved it. | Maris会喜欢这个电影的 |
[06:40] | Why so? | 为什么这么说 |
[06:41] | She had shoes made from almost all of them. | 她的鞋都是由这些做的嘛 |
[06:45] | – Allison. – Niles. And this must be Frasier. | – Allison – Niles 这肯定是Frasier了 |
[06:49] | Come in, both of you. | 你们快请进 |
[06:50] | There are lots of people I’d like you to meet. | 有好多人想介绍给你们呢 |
[06:55] | The bar is over there and the hors d’oeuvres are here. | 吧台在那 冷盘在这 |
[06:59] | We have some fascinating delicacies | 有些佳肴是我们会员 |
[07:01] | actually bagged by our own members. | 自己带过来的呢 |
[07:03] | This is ostrich, that’s wildebeest and that’s springbok. | 鸵鸟 角马和跳羚 |
[07:08] | You know, I can never remember which, is it “Fall ahead, springbok” | 我永远也记不住是冬”羚”时 |
[07:12] | Or vice versa? | 还是夏”羚”时 |
[07:16] | Oh, oh good heavens, I forgot I had this on me. | 天哪 我都忘了我还带着电话呢 |
[07:18] | Don’t apologise. I do it myself. | 不用道歉 我自己也这样 |
[07:20] | Even in the veldt one must keep in touch with one’s broker. | 就算在草原上也得和经纪人联系不是 |
[07:24] | – Yeah, you can have privacy in the study. – Thank you. Hello? | – 去书房可以安静点 – 谢谢 你好 |
[07:28] | You look ravishing tonight. | 你今晚太美了 |
[07:30] | Thank you. But I think you and I should be very discreet tonight. | 谢谢 不过咱们今晚应该谨言慎行些 |
[07:35] | I’m a psychiatrist. If I can’t be discreet, | 我是心理医生 如果我不会谨言慎行 |
[07:37] | it don’t rain in Tanganyika. | 那坦噶尼喀就不下雨了 |
[07:41] | Good. After all, if in the near future, | 那就好 毕竟之后 |
[07:43] | you should happen to be up for membership in our little club, | 当你加入我们俱乐部的时候 |
[07:46] | I want to appear completely objective when I sing your praises. | 我说你好话可以显得公正客观 |
[07:49] | My ears are already burning. | 我的耳朵已经烧得慌了 |
[07:54] | Frasier, we’re being considered for membership. | Frasier 他们在考虑让我们加入俱乐部 |
[07:57] | Allison as much as said it. | Allison几乎直说了 |
[07:58] | We must do everything in our power to show them how enthusiastic we are. | 我们必须尽可能展现我们的热情 |
[08:01] | – I have to leave. – What? | – 我得走了 – 啥 |
[08:03] | Niles, that was Tricia on the phone. | Niles 打电话的是Tricia |
[08:06] | She’s going out of town tonight for a month. | 她要出城一个月 今晚走 |
[08:08] | But if I swing by, pick her up at her place, | 如果我去她家接她 |
[08:09] | we can at least join each other for a drink. | 至少能和她喝一杯 |
[08:10] | But! are you insane? This is the Safari Club. | 等等 你疯了吗 这是狩猎俱乐部啊 |
[08:16] | These are the people who introduced badminton to Devil’s Island. | 这些是把羽毛球介绍给魔岛的人 |
[08:22] | Rumors has it they challenged the lepers of Molokai | 传言说他们和摩洛凯岛的麻风病人 |
[08:24] | to a three-legged race. | 比赛两人三足 |
[08:26] | I don’t care. It was kismet when I met this young woman, | 我不在乎 天意让我遇见她 |
[08:29] | I’m not giving up an opportunity to see her! | 我不会放过任何见她的机会 |
[08:31] | But, to leave two minutes after you arrived, | 刚到两分钟就走 |
[08:33] | you’re going to ruin both our chances! | 你会把咱俩的机会都毁了 |
[08:34] | All right. I’ll make a proper excuse. | 好吧 我会找个好借口的 |
[08:38] | Excuse me, Allison. Listen, I’m terribly sorry. | 打扰了 Allison 实在抱歉 |
[08:41] | It seems I’m coming down the touch of something. | 突然不太舒服 |
[08:43] | I’m going to have to leave. | 我不得不先离开 |
[08:45] | You poor man. If you feel better, please do come back down. | 好可怜 如果你感觉好点就下来 |
[08:48] | We’ll be here all evening. | 我们整晚都在 |
[08:50] | Thank you, but I don’t really see that there’s much hope. | 谢谢 不过我不太抱希望 |
[08:56] | Yes, I’m just stopping by my place to pick up my keys, | 我回住处拿下钥匙 |
[08:59] | I will see you in ten minutes. | 十分钟后就到 |
[09:01] | And, Tricia, I can’t wait. | Tricia 我已经等不及要见你了 |
[09:04] | All right, bye. | 好的 再见 |
[09:08] | Surprise! | 惊喜 |
[09:18] | You didn’t think we were gonna let you | 你不会以为我们 |
[09:19] | stay home alone on your birthday, did ya? | 留你一个人过生日吧 |
[09:22] | Look at his face. He can’t believe it. | 看他 完全没想到 |
[09:24] | No, I certainly can’t. | 是啊 真没想到 |
[09:25] | Why are you dressing like that? | 你干嘛穿成这样 |
[09:27] | I dress like this sometimes when I watch the opera on television. | 我看电视里的歌剧就喜欢这么穿 |
[09:34] | Well, that’s up there on the dork meter. | “呆”机里也这么演 |
[09:36] | You know, since I’m not going to be watching the opera, | 既然我看不了歌剧了 |
[09:38] | perhaps I could run out and buy a brand new videotape so I can record it. | 我应该买个新带子把它录下来 |
[09:40] | We’re way ahead of you, Dr Crane. | Crane医生 我们都想到了 |
[09:41] | Your father has the VCR all settled. | 你父亲已经把录像机打开了 |
[09:45] | Let’s get things started. Here you go, Doc, happy birthday. | 我们开始吧 给你 医生 生日快乐 |
[09:47] | Oh, well, thank you, Bulldog. Thank you, all. | 谢谢你 Bulldog 谢谢大家 |
[09:51] | Oh, well, David Copperfield. Dickens’ classic tale | <大卫·科波菲尔> 狄更斯的经典著作 |
[09:55] | of a young man making his way in the world. | 一个年轻人在世界立足的故事 |
[09:57] | I think we’re talking about different movies here, Doc. | 我觉得我们说的不是一个电影 医生 |
[10:01] | David Cop-A-Feel. | <大卫·卡波非礼> |
[10:06] | But you were right about the classic tail part. | 但经典著作这句话是对的 |
[10:08] | – You need a brew? I’m headed that way. – No, no. Thanks. | – 我去拿酒 来一杯吗 – 不用 谢啦 |
[10:11] | I’d love a cup of hot tea with lemon. | 我要杯热柠檬茶 |
[10:13] | I’m fetching, not cooking. | 我只管拿 不管做 |
[10:15] | It’s OK, Roz. There’s a kettle of boiling water on the stove. | 没事 Roz 炉子上有壶开水 |
[10:19] | – Here. – Oh, yes. Thank you, Daphne. | – 给 – 谢谢你 |
[10:20] | Now don’t be mad at your father. | 别生你父亲的气 |
[10:22] | He just wanted to do something nice for your birthday, | 你鄙视了滑冰的猴子 |
[10:23] | after you turned thumbs down on the skating monkeys. | 而他想为你生日做点事情 |
[10:28] | Great party, huh. | 聚会不错吧 |
[10:29] | As long as we’ve got enough ice. Four bags, right? | 只要我们有足够的冰 有四袋呢吧 |
[10:32] | No, I got two. | 没 只有两袋 |
[10:33] | Two? I told you to get four bags. | 两袋 我说了拿四袋的 |
[10:34] | Oh, God, here we go | 老天 又来了 |
[10:36] | But you never under-budget on the ice. | 冰永远不能少 |
[10:38] | You never know, you might get a lot more rocks drinkers than you expected. | 可能酒鬼会比预想的多 |
[10:41] | Or ice chewers… | 或者喜欢嚼冰的 |
[10:43] | Dad, I can go get some more ice. | 老爹 我去买冰吧 |
[10:45] | We don’t need any more ice. We’ve got plenty. | 不需要那么多 已经够了 |
[10:46] | There’s a whole tub of it. | 我们有一桶呢 |
[10:48] | Yes, well, then… | 好吧 抱歉 |
[10:49] | Excuse me. I need to make a call. Excuse me. Go on. | 抱歉 我得去打个电话 |
[10:59] | Tricia? Frasier. Look, I’ve been detained. | Tricia 我Frasier 这边有点儿事 |
[11:01] | Yes, I know that you don’t want to hear why, but… | 我知道你不想听我解释了 但是 |
[11:04] | Say, you know what? I think I can find a way to get out of here. | 等等 我想到离开的办法了 |
[11:07] | Yes, I’ll see you in a few minutes. | 好的 一会儿见 |
[11:13] | Dad, bad news. Seems your ice is melting awfully fast. | 老爹 坏消息 你的冰都化了 |
[11:17] | – What? – No worries, I’ll go get some more. | – 什么 – 别担心 我去买 |
[11:19] | No, Frasier, it’s your party. I’ll go. | Frasier 这是你的生日 我去吧 |
[11:21] | No, Roz, I want to go. | 不 Roz 我想去 |
[11:22] | But You just got here. | 可你才刚到啊 |
[11:23] | Roz, it’s my birthday. I can do what I want. I want to get ice. | Roz 我的生日我做主 我去买冰 |
[11:27] | I knew it! I warned her. It’s practically gone. | 我就知道 告诉过她了 冰都没了 |
[11:29] | Don’t worry, Dad. I’m on it. | 别担心 老爹 我去买 |
[11:32] | Listen, I’ll be glad to go… | 我去就成了 |
[11:33] | Roz, I want to go, I know what kind Dad likes. | Roz 我想去 我知道老爹喜欢什么样的 |
[11:40] | No, don’t, don’t stop on 14. Just don’t stop on 14. | 别别别 别停在14层 |
[11:43] | Don’t, don’t . No, no. | 别停 别呀 |
[11:46] | Frasier. I’m delighted you’re feeling better. | Frasier 你没事了真好 |
[11:49] | You are just in time. We’re about to start the film. Wait until you see it. | 来得刚好 我们正要看电影呢 专门等你来着 |
[11:54] | Just grab a chair before all the good seats are gone. | 赶紧占个好座位吧 |
[11:59] | What are you doing here? | 你来这干嘛 |
[12:00] | Wishing I had taken the stairs. | 后悔没有走楼梯 |
[12:03] | Watch it. If I’d wanted this martini shaken, | 小心 如果我想搅拌这杯马提尼 |
[12:05] | I’d have asked the bartender to do it. | 我会让酒保做的 |
[12:10] | Mustn’t mind old Rhino. Always in a vile mood. | 别介意老犀牛 他脾气一直不太好 |
[12:14] | – Rhino? – Karl Landis, Allison’s husband. | – 犀牛 – Karl Landis 他是Aliison的丈夫 |
[12:17] | They call him Rhino because of his mean temper. | 叫他犀牛是因为他的暴脾气 |
[12:21] | Husband? Allison’s married? | 丈夫 Allison结婚了 |
[12:23] | Not surprised people don’t know. | 大家不知道一点儿不奇怪 |
[12:24] | Man’s always on safari. Loves guns. | 他永远在狩猎 喜欢枪支 |
[12:28] | Guns and women. No secret, notorious for it. | 枪支和女人 无人不知 恶名昭著 |
[12:32] | Cheats on her constantly. Mark my words: | 永远在外遇 记住我的话 |
[12:36] | One of these days she’ll pay him back | 早晚有一天她会要回来的 |
[12:37] | and then rub his blood-thirsty nose in it. | 让他这嗜血的人面子也挂不住 |
[12:43] | Here’s something interesting: I think I just swallowed my tongue. | 有个有趣的事 我觉得我刚把舌头咽下去了 |
[12:47] | Niles, just be calm, be calm. | Niles 淡定 淡定 |
[12:49] | What’s done is done. You didn’t know. Now it’s over. | 做了就做了 你啥都不知道 现在已经结束了 |
[12:51] | As long as you’ve both been discreet, | 只要你们谨言慎行 |
[12:53] | there’s no reason it should get back to Rhino. | 犀牛就不会知道 |
[12:55] | – I don’t know what you’re insinuating. – Don’t lie. | – 我不懂你在暗示什么 – 别骗人了 |
[12:58] | Everyone knows what goes on in that pup tent. | 大家都知道小帐篷里发生了什么 |
[13:01] | Well, I can play at that game, too. | 这游戏我也会玩 |
[13:03] | In fact, I already have. | 实际上 我已经在玩了 |
[13:05] | And with somebody right here tonight. | 那人就在这 |
[13:08] | How do you like that? | 你什么感觉 |
[13:11] | Frasier, I have to ask a small favor. I need you to create a distraction | Frasier 帮个小忙 分散大家的注意力 |
[13:14] | while I have a sex change and move to Europe. | 好让我做个变性手术 再搬去欧洲 |
[13:15] | I’m sorry, Niles. I would love to stay and help, | 抱歉 Niles 我很想帮忙 |
[13:19] | but I’ve got to get out of here myself. | 但我得自己先出去啊 |
[13:20] | Well, ready for the movie. Mind helping me turn out the lights? | 该放电影了 能帮我把灯关了吗 |
[13:24] | Splendid idea. You’re going to want it nice and dark in here, aren’t you? | 好主意 你想让这里漆黑一片对吧 |
[13:28] | You should’ve told me you were married. I have to leave. | 你应该告诉我你结婚了的 我必须走了 |
[13:31] | Don’t be a fool. If he sees someone sneaking out of here, | 别傻了 如果他看见有人溜走 |
[13:33] | that’s the first person he’ll suspect. | 那不就是头号嫌疑人了 |
[13:36] | All set? | 准备好了吗 |
[13:38] | And it’s show time. | 电影时间开始 |
[13:40] | Here under the leafy canopy of the rainforest, | 在雨林的树叶华盖之下 |
[13:44] | the sun never penetrates the gloom of the interior. | 阳光从未穿透内部的阴郁 |
[13:48] | An almost… | 几乎 |
[13:50] | – What happened? – Did someone pull the plug out? | – 什么情况 – 谁把插头拔了吗 |
[13:53] | Yup. Here it is. | 好了 就在这呢 |
[13:55] | All right, lights out. There you go. | 好了 关灯 开始了 |
[13:57] | …quality permeates this hidden kingdom deep in the underbrush | 在灌木下的隐秘王国里弥漫着 |
[14:01] | – and all manner of creatures… – What was that? | – 各式物种 – 怎么回事 |
[14:05] | While, someone certainly snuck out of here in a hurry. | 很明显 有人急匆匆溜出去了 |
[14:11] | I know what you’re all thinking. | 我知道你们都在想什么 |
[14:13] | Now that Allison has seen fit to air our dirty laundry in public, | Allison把我们的家丑公之于众 |
[14:18] | you assume that was her lover. | 你们觉得那是她的情人 |
[14:20] | But I know it wasn’t. | 但我知道不是 |
[14:24] | – How? – Because I can sense that he’s still here. | – 你怎么知道 – 我能感觉到他还在这里 |
[14:29] | In the jungle I learned to smell fear | 我在丛林学会了感受恐慌 |
[14:32] | and I smell it now. | 现在我就能感觉到 |
[14:36] | So, let’s see whether the swine has guts to stand up and admit it | 让我看看这头猪是否有勇气 |
[14:42] | before I expose him. | 在我揭发他之前承认 |
[14:44] | What about it, coward? Going to stand up? | 现在怎么样 懦夫 想站起来了 |
[15:03] | That many? My God, woman, you’re as bad as I am. | 这么多 天哪 你跟我一样坏 |
[15:08] | Come on, you bastards, join me in a drink. | 来吧 混蛋们 一起喝酒吧 |
[15:19] | Hi, Dr Crane. We’re all just on our way up to your place. | 嗨 Crane医生 我们正要上去你家呢 |
[15:22] | Noel, so you are. | 是吗Noel |
[15:23] | Hi, Tom, Janet, Bill. | 嗨 Tom Janet Bill |
[15:27] | Well, you know what, I was just heading down. | 我正要下去呢 |
[15:28] | We’re out of ice. | 没冰了 |
[15:30] | Not anymore. I brought a 20-pound bag. | 现在有了 我拿了袋20磅的 |
[15:34] | Just call me Noel Shempsky: Party Saver. | 叫我聚会拯救者Noel |
[15:43] | Here’s the ice. | 冰来了 |
[15:43] | Here, Noel, put that in the kitchen, will you? | Noel 放厨房去好吗 |
[15:45] | Come on in, everbody. | 大家都进来吧 |
[15:47] | Dad, I’ve done the silliest thing, I went out without my wallet. | 老爹 我干了件傻事 出门没拿钱包 |
[15:50] | They gave me the ice but I have to go back and pay them. | 他们给我冰了 我得回去给钱 |
[15:53] | At least play the last round of charades with us. | 陪我们玩完最后一局字谜再走吧 |
[15:56] | – Actually, I should be getting back there. – But you love charades. | – 我得先回去 – 你最爱紫米了 |
[15:59] | Charades | 是字谜 |
[16:00] | Anyway, it’s not going to kill them, to wait a few minutes for their money. | 钱晚给几分钟又没事 |
[16:03] | Come on. Be on our team. We really suck at this game. | 快来 来我们队 我们不擅长这个 |
[16:05] | No, you are on our team. | 不 你要来我们队 |
[16:06] | The category is famous play titles. | 类别是著名戏剧 |
[16:08] | I’m a bear at charades. | 我不擅长字谜 |
[16:11] | You ready? | 准备好了吗 |
[16:12] | – Yeah. – All right, go. | – 嗯 – 好 开始 |
[16:15] | Three words. First word. | 三个字 第一个 |
[16:18] | – Mourning – Mourning Becomes Electra. | – 悲 – <悲悼者> |
[16:20] | – Yes! – What? Four seconds? | – 对了 – 什么 才4秒 |
[16:25] | Well done, Roz. Nice playing with you. I’m out of here. Bye. | 干得好 Roz 玩得很开心 我走了 再见 |
[16:29] | – You have to take a turn. – No, I really. | – 该你了 – 我真得 |
[16:31] | You have 30 seconds to prepare. | 30秒准备 |
[16:33] | Well, all right. Maybe I’ll just… | 好吧 或许我该 |
[16:35] | prepare in the kitchen. | 去厨房准备 |
[16:43] | Tricia! You know, you’re gonna laugh when you hear this. | Tricia 你听到这个会笑的 |
[16:45] | Hello? Tricia? | Tricia 还在吗 |
[16:49] | Fine. | 好吧 |
[16:53] | The Iceman Cometh | <急冻侠> |
[16:57] | – All right. – Ready? OK, go. | – 好了 – 准备好了 预备 开始 |
[17:01] | Three words. First word. | 三个字 第一个 |
[17:03] | A small word. | 一个小词 |
[17:05] | On? In? Of? To? | 上 里 于 到 |
[17:08] | Be? Is? It? I? You? Me? | 是 否 它 我 你 谁 |
[17:11] | They, them, us, we, he, she. | 他们 他们的 我们 我们的 他 她 |
[17:14] | Forget about it. | 算了 |
[17:16] | OK, second word. Two syllables. | 好 第二个字 2个音节 |
[17:18] | First syllable. | 第一个音节 |
[17:20] | Cold, chilly, freezing, winter. | 冷 冰 寒 冬 |
[17:23] | Snow, sleet, hail, frost, frostbite, gangrene. | 雪 雹 冰雹 霜 冻疮 坏疽 |
[17:27] | – Gangrene? – No talking allowed. | – 坏疽 – 不许说话 |
[17:31] | Second syllable. | 第二个音节 |
[17:35] | Shrink. Doctor. Dork. | 缩 医 呆 |
[17:39] | Person, guy, male, man. | 人 伙 男 侠 |
[17:41] | Man, man, man. | 侠 侠 侠 |
[17:43] | Let’s see, Icy cold man, ice man. Got it. | 我想想 冰冷侠 冰雪侠 知道了 |
[17:46] | – Thank you. – Frosty The Snowman. Yes! | – 谢谢 – 霜雪侠 耶 |
[17:49] | No, you jackass! The Iceman Cometh. | 不对 笨蛋 是急冻侠 |
[17:52] | Disqualified. | 犯规 |
[17:54] | You two are the worst charades players I’ve ever seen in my entire life. | 你们两个是我见过最差的字谜玩家 |
[17:57] | My God, those skating chimps could… | 天呐 那些滑冰的猩猩都能 |
[18:00] | Well, you did your best. We’ll get it next time. Off I go. | 算了 你们尽力了 下次继续 我走了 |
[18:03] | No, wait, wait, wait Frasier, | 等等 等等Frasier |
[18:04] | we still have one little consolation prize for you. | 我们有个小的安慰奖给你 |
[18:07] | Happy birthday to you, happy birthday to you. | 祝你生日快乐 祝你生日快乐 |
[18:19] | Look, he’s crying. | 看 他哭了 |
[18:20] | Happy birthday, dear Fraiser. | 生日快乐 亲爱的Fraiser |
[18:27] | Happy birthday to you. | 祝你生日快乐 |
[18:46] | Made it. | 赶到了 |
[18:47] | Boy, are you wrong. | 你没问题吧 |
[18:48] | – Tricia, please… – Save it, Frasier. | – Tricia – 省省吧 Frasier |
[18:50] | I have a plane leaving for Spokane in an hour. | 我去斯波坎的飞机一个小时后起飞 |
[18:52] | My cab is on the way, | 出租车在路上 |
[18:53] | so why don’t you just be on your way, too? | 你也上路吧 |
[18:56] | Would it make any difference if I told you I had to sneak out | 如果我说我溜出 |
[18:58] | of a birthday party | 父亲组织的生日聚会 |
[19:00] | being given for me by my own father just to come here. | 过来这里呢 |
[19:02] | Yeah, right. It’s your birthday. | 是啊 今天是你的生日 |
[19:05] | Look, if you don’t believe me, here, just see for yourself. | 如果你不信 给 自己看 |
[19:09] | If I could tell you it’s the worst birthday I’ve had since I was eight, | 要我说 这是我8岁后最差的生日 |
[19:12] | when I pinned the tail on Sally Annunciato. | 那时我给Sally Annunciato别了个尾巴 |
[19:14] | She shoved a cupcake down my shorts. | 她把杯子蛋糕扔我短裤上了 |
[19:17] | Wow, you really blew off your own birthday party just to come meet me. | 你真的为我翘了生日聚会 |
[19:22] | I would’ve done almost anything to get to know you better. | 我为了解你 愿意做任何事 |
[19:26] | Well, that’s very sweet, Frasier, and I wish I had more time | 这很贴心 Frasier 我也希望有更多时间 |
[19:29] | but I have an 8.00 am appointment in Spokane | 但我明早8点在斯波坎有约 |
[19:31] | and I can’t miss my plane. | 不能错过飞机 |
[19:34] | Well, I could drive you. | 我可以开车送你 |
[19:34] | It’s only 20 minutes to the airport. It’s hardly worth it. | 到机场就20分钟 根本不值得 |
[19:38] | – I wasn’t talking about the airport. – What? | – 我没说送到机场 – 什么 |
[19:41] | I can have you in Spokane in six hours. | 我可以6个小时之内把你送到斯波坎 |
[19:44] | That’ll certainly give us enough time to get acquainted. | 足够时间了解了 |
[19:45] | Oh, no. I can’t ask you to do that. | 我不能要你这么做 |
[19:47] | But you didn’t ask. I offered. | 你没要求 我自愿的 |
[19:49] | Look, I want to do it. Here… | 是我想做的 来吧 |
[19:51] | That’s the most romantic thing I’ve ever heard. | 这是我所知最浪漫的事 |
[19:54] | Well, the way I see it, one of two things can happen. | 我是这么想的 这两件事之一肯定会发生 |
[19:56] | Either we’ll discover that we’ve foolishly | 一件事是我们的相见 |
[19:58] | built each other up in our own imaginations | 困难重重 |
[20:00] | because we had such trouble getting together, | 所以留下了虚幻的印象 |
[20:02] | or this could end up being a story we tell our grandchildren. | 第二件就是 这能成为我们讲给孩子的故事 |
[20:09] | Personally, I can’t wait to find out which. | 我等不及想知道答案了 |
[20:13] | Me neither. | 我也是 |
[20:14] | Oh, boy. | 太棒了 |
[20:26] | Off we go. | 出发 |
[20:36] | I thought I’d find us some little background music. | 我想应该来点背景音乐 |
[20:38] | Good idea. Looking for some more opera? | 好主意 在找歌剧吗 |
[20:42] | Heck no. | 怎么可能 |
[20:43] | The one the other night was my first and last. | 那晚是我第一次 也是最后一次 |
[20:45] | I was dragged to it by one of my converts. | 我是被一个信徒拽过去的 |
[20:49] | There we go. | 这才对嘛 |
[20:52] | Converts, you say? | 你刚才说信徒 |
[20:55] | I’m one of the Truth-Bringers. | 我是真理的使者 |
[20:56] | I was ordained by Brother Carmichael himself. | 被Carmichael修士亲自任命的 |
[20:59] | The evangelist? | 那个传教士 |
[21:00] | I go door-to-door, spreading his word. | 我挨家挨户去传播他的思想 |
[21:05] | Listen. Do you mind my asking something? | 我想问你点事 |
[21:08] | Have you heard the truth? | 你听过真理吗 |
[21:14] | Something tells me I’m about to. | 我感觉马上就要听到了 |