时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:16] | Oh, thank you. | 哦 谢谢 |
[00:41] | That was a very childish prank. | 这恶作剧太幼稚了 |
[00:44] | Now you have ruined my coffee. | 我咖啡都没法喝了 |
[00:47] | If you can’t behave like adults, | 没有成年人的样子 |
[00:48] | you shouldn’t be coming to a grown-up cafe. | 就不要来大人的咖啡店 |
[00:50] | It wasn’t us. | 不是我们干的 |
[00:55] | Aren’t you gonna yell at them? | 你不准备吼他们吗 |
[00:57] | I’m sure they already heard me yell at you. | 他们肯定听到我吼你们了 |
[01:00] | Niles, thank you for agreeing to meet me on such short notice. | Niles 谢谢你这么快赶来 |
[01:03] | I swear I’m in full-blown crisis. | 我发誓我真有严重危机 |
[01:05] | If you’re talking about that garish belt, | 如果你说的是这条艳俗的皮带 |
[01:07] | I have emergency suspenders in my car. | 我车上就有应急吊裤带 |
[01:10] | It’s not the belt. | 不是皮带的事儿 |
[01:12] | My high school reunion is tonight and you know my history. | 今晚我高中同学聚会 你知道我那些事的 |
[01:16] | – Oh, not this folderol again. – It’s not folderol. | – 哦 又是这些破事 – 那不是破事 |
[01:19] | – It’s folderol. – It’s not folderol at all. | – 就是破事 – 根本不是破事 |
[01:21] | For God’s sake, Niles. Every time my reunion comes around, | Niles 每次一到聚会的时候 |
[01:24] | it coincides with a severe downturn in my life. | 都恰好是我的低谷时期 |
[01:26] | Five years ago, Lilith divorced me. | 五年前 是Lilith和我离婚时 |
[01:28] | Five years before that, I was left at the altar. | 再往前五年 圣坛上新娘跑了 |
[01:29] | Five years before that, I fell face first into the poison ivy. | 再往前五年 我脸朝下栽进了毒蔓藤里 |
[01:33] | And here we are, right on schedule, I’m freshly fired. | 现在 惯例又来了 我刚丢了饭碗 |
[01:37] | I still don’t know why you even went that poison-ivy year. | 我还是不明白 你那年摔毒蔓藤里干嘛还去聚会 |
[01:40] | Niles, the point is, in ten minutes, | Niles 重点是 十分钟后 |
[01:42] | I have an extremely important job interview, | 我就有个十分重要的面试 |
[01:45] | a job for which I am eminently qualified, | 那是个我完全能胜任的工作 |
[01:47] | but that now I have no chance of getting. | 现在我却完全没机会得到了 |
[01:50] | Well, how can you know that? | 这你怎么知道啊 |
[01:52] | Because destiny won’t allow it. | 因为命运不同意 |
[01:53] | Destiny’s plan is for me to walk into that reunion this evening | 命运的计划是 让我在今晚聚会时 |
[01:56] | the way I always do, the class loser. | 和以前一样 是班上混得最差的 |
[02:00] | Pitied and shunned by everyone | 人人都可怜我 人人都回避我 |
[02:02] | until I wind up sitting with the most pathetic people there. | 直到我最后和最悲惨的人坐一桌 |
[02:08] | You mean, the chess club? | 你是说 象棋俱乐部吗 |
[02:11] | Worse. | 更惨 |
[02:13] | The chess club’s barbershop quartet. | 象棋俱乐部的理发店四重唱 |
[02:17] | Oh, the Check Mates. | 哦 “将军”组合啊 |
[02:19] | I swear to God, I feel like I have a curse on my head. | 我发誓 我真就感觉我中了诅咒 |
[02:23] | Frasier, you’re a man of science. | Frasier 你是个讲科学的人 |
[02:25] | You know curses don’t exist. | 你知道没有诅咒这东西的 |
[02:27] | There’s a perfectly rational explanation for all of this. | 这一切都有完全合理的解释 |
[02:29] | You tripped and fell into the poison ivy. | 你绊倒了 所以才扎进毒蔓藤 |
[02:31] | Your radio station changed formats. Your wife didn’t love you. | 你广播台改革了 你妻子不爱你 |
[02:35] | If this is a pep talk, | 如果你是想给我打气 |
[02:36] | would you kindly segue to the peppy part? | 麻烦你直接跳到打气那部分好吗 |
[02:41] | Thank you very much. Thank you. | 很感谢 谢谢 |
[02:44] | The only reason you’re giving credence to this curse mumbo-jumbo | 你之所以相信诅咒那一套 |
[02:47] | is you’re nervous about your job interview. | 就是因为你很担心面试 |
[02:49] | But you’re a talented professional. | 但你又专业又有才 |
[02:52] | Any station would be lucky to have you, wouldn’t they? | 你不管去哪个电台都是他们赚到了 不是吗 |
[02:56] | – Yes, I suppose. – So stop doubting yourself. | – 我想是吧 – 那就别怀疑自己了 |
[02:59] | You deserve that job, so go out there and get it. | 那份工作是你应得的 就去一举拿下它 |
[03:02] | In an hour’s time, it’ll be yours, | 一个小时后 工作就是你的了 |
[03:04] | and after a short trip to the store to return that belt, | 然后顺便去店里把这皮带退了 |
[03:06] | you can thoroughly enjoy your reunion. | 你就可以好好享受聚会了 |
[03:09] | Well, you’re right, Niles. | 好吧 你说的都对 Niles |
[03:11] | I should think positively. | 我应该乐观点 |
[03:13] | This interview is gonna go just fine, and so is this evening. | 面试会很顺利的 聚会也是一样 |
[03:16] | All I have to do now is get a date. Where am I gonna find a woman | 现在我就只需找个女伴 可是上哪儿去找一个 |
[03:19] | who is so desperate for an evening out | 如此绝望地想要出门 以至于都愿意 |
[03:21] | that she’d agree to go to someone else’s reunion? | 去参加别人的同学聚会的女人呢 |
[03:23] | Oh, hey, Frasier. | 哦 嘿 Frasier |
[03:25] | See? Your luck’s changing already. | 看见没 你已经时来运转了 |
[03:36] | Hi. | 你好 |
[03:37] | Excuse me, I’m looking for Steven Rugly’s office. | 您好 我在找Steven Rugly的办公室 |
[03:40] | – Well, you’ve come to the right place. – Oh, splendid. | – 就是这里 – 哦 太好了 |
[03:43] | Is it possible to fetch me a coffee before my interview? | 能在面试前给我杯咖啡吗 |
[03:45] | – Well… – Oh, better yet, | – 这个嘛 – 哦 这样更好 |
[03:47] | make it a cup of chamomile tea with a squirt of lemon | 来一杯菊花茶 挤一点柠檬汁 |
[03:50] | and a full teaspoonful of honey. | 再来一匙蜂蜜就好 |
[03:52] | We’ll try to get that for you | 我们尽量 |
[03:54] | just as soon as my assistant gets back. | 只要等我助手回来就好 |
[03:56] | I’m Steven Rugly, president of KJMC. | 我是Steven Rugly KJMC的董事长 |
[04:00] | Oh, Lord, I’m… It’s nice to meet you. | 哦 天啊 很高兴见到你 |
[04:02] | – I’m terribly sorry. – Quite all right, Dr. Crane. | – 很抱歉 – 不用在意 Crane医生 |
[04:05] | – It’s a great suit, by the way. – Thank you. | – 西装不错啊 – 谢谢 |
[04:07] | – Your… – I know. | – 你的 – 我知道 |
[04:09] | It’s a bit risky. People have been commenting on it all day. | 是有点冒险 一整天人们都在评论 |
[04:12] | Yes, it makes a bold statement, | 没错 是有点显摆 |
[04:13] | but frankly, I like the attention. | 但老实说 我喜欢引人注目的感觉 |
[04:18] | Matter of fact, I cut through the park on the way over here. | 事实上 我是走公园那条路过来的 |
[04:20] | It caught the eye of many a young lady. | 吸引了很多美女的注意力呢 |
[04:24] | Oh, my God. My fly. | 哦 天啊 拉链没拉 |
[04:27] | I thought you were talking about my belt. | 我还以为你是说皮带 |
[04:29] | Well, shall we start the interview? | 好吧 我们可以开始面试吗 |
[04:31] | Oh, good. We haven’t started yet. Well… | 哦 太好了 幸好还没开始 |
[04:36] | I’m glad you could make it, Dr. Crane. I’ve enjoyed your work. | Crane医生 很高兴你能来 我很喜欢你的节目 |
[04:39] | Oh, that’s very gracious of you, Mr. Ugly. | 哦 Ugly先生 您真和善 |
[04:45] | – That didn’t come out right, did it? – What do you mean? | – 听着不太好 是吧 – 什么意思 |
[04:47] | No no, the way I said your name | 不 不 刚才我念你名字的方式 |
[04:49] | right now sounded like I called you Mr. Ugly. | 听起来像Ugly先生 |
[04:51] | I assure you it won’t happen again. | 保证没有下次了 |
[04:52] | See, it’s just a matter of separating the Rs. | 看 把两个R分开读就好了 |
[04:55] | Mr. Rug. | Rug先生 |
[04:56] | Mr. Rug. | Rug先生 |
[04:58] | Mr. Rug. | Rug先生 |
[05:03] | Ly. Mr. Rugly. | Ly Rugly先生 |
[05:07] | Anyway, I think you might be a good fit here. | 总之 我觉得你挺适合这里的 |
[05:10] | We need to find a replacement for Dr. Wendy. | 我们要找个人来替换Wendy医生 |
[05:12] | – Really? – Yes. | – 真的吗 – 是的 |
[05:13] | I didn’t feel it was quite right to keep her on any longer. | 我觉得再留她不太好 |
[05:16] | Well, let me say I applaud your judgement on that score. | 请允许我表示我十分赞同您的决定 |
[05:20] | I mean, frankly, Dr. Wendy’s saccharine style | 坦白说 Wendy医生她风格甜得发腻 |
[05:23] | is maybe very popular, but, you know, | 也许是受欢迎 但 你知道 |
[05:25] | It’s really not up to your standards, is it? | 不太符合您标准 是吧 |
[05:28] | Dr. Wendy’s my mother. | Wendy医生是我母亲 |
[05:32] | – She’s quite ill. – Oh, well… | – 她现在身体太差了 – 哦 好吧 |
[05:34] | – Can I interrupt? – Oh, please. | – 我能打扰一下吗 – 哦 快来打扰一下吧 |
[05:36] | You have some messages. | 您有几条留言 |
[05:37] | – Excuse me for a moment. – Of course. | – 能回避一下吗 – 没问题 |
[05:39] | – Mr. Jameson has to cancel. – Oh, very well. | – Jameson先生得取消了 – 哦 太好了 |
[05:42] | Why don’t you call Phyllis Monderer | 那你给Phyllis Monderer打电话 |
[05:43] | and see if she can reschedule? | 看她能不能重新安排下 |
[05:45] | Don’t forget to pick up my car from the shop. | 还有别忘了去店里拿我的车 |
[05:47] | I already did. It’s across the street. | 我去了 停在马路对面了 |
[05:49] | Some idiot parked his BMW in your space. | 因为你停车位被哪个白痴的宝马占了 |
[05:52] | – Well, have it towed. – I already made the call. | – 好吧 把它拖走吧 – 我打过电话了 |
[05:55] | And can you call Walter Hecht | 还有 你能给Walter Hecht打电话 |
[05:56] | and see if he can reschedule for Wednesday? | 看他能不能改在周三 |
[06:04] | – Dr. Crane? – Yes. | – Crane医生 – 在 |
[06:07] | We don’t have any tea, but would you like some coffee? | 我们没茶了 你要来些咖啡吗 |
[06:09] | Oh, that would be splendid. Yes, thank you. | 哦 那也很好 谢谢 |
[06:19] | – Everything all right? – Yes, just fine, thank you. | – 你还好吗 – 很好 谢谢 |
[06:25] | – What’s that? – Nothing. | – 这是什么 – 没什么 |
[06:29] | Is this the giraffe from my bookcase? | 这是我书架上的长颈鹿吗 |
[06:31] | Yes, yes, it is. I’m sorry. | 是 是的 我很抱歉 |
[06:32] | I was admiring it. It broke apart in my hands. | 我在欣赏呢 突然就断在我手里了 |
[06:35] | But you know if your child is anything like mine, | 但如果您孩子像我孩子一样 |
[06:37] | he’d be delighted to make you a new one. | 他一定很高兴再给您做一个 |
[06:39] | Actually, my father made it after his stroke. | 这其实是我父亲做的 是在他中风之后 |
[06:45] | Well, I think you’ve got enough to go on. | 好吧 我想您一定有很多事要忙 |
[06:47] | It was lovely meeting you. | 很高兴见到您 |
[06:50] | I’m sorry, you know, I’m gonna have to dash | 我很抱歉 如果我想追上那拖车 |
[06:51] | if I’m gonna beat that tow truck. | 我现在就得冲了 |
[07:00] | Hold the elevator. | 等一下 |
[07:03] | – Thanks. – Hello, Dad. | – 多谢 – 爸 你好 |
[07:04] | Hi. | 好 |
[07:07] | I’m never going to that grocery store across the street again. | 我再也不去对面那家杂货店了 |
[07:10] | They gave me such a hard time because I brought Eddie in. | 他们态度极差 就因为我带着Eddie |
[07:13] | Oh, well. | 哦 好吧 |
[07:14] | It’s not exactly sanitary, Dad. | 爸 这其实不是很卫生 |
[07:16] | Oh, yeah, when they get rid of the guy with pinkeye | 是吗 等他们开除掉那个得红眼病的 |
[07:18] | who’s handing out cheese samples, | 发奶酪样品的人 |
[07:19] | they can talk to me about sanitary. | 再跟我谈卫生吧 |
[07:27] | Wait a minute. Didn’t you | 等等 你昨天 |
[07:29] | bring home a case of dog food yesterday? | 不是才带回来一盒狗粮吗 |
[07:31] | Yeah, it was the economy stuff. | 是啊 那是便宜货 |
[07:32] | He wouldn’t touch it, so I gotta take all this back. | 他碰都不碰 所以只能又买这种了 |
[07:35] | This is his favourite kind. | 他最喜欢这种 |
[07:37] | Well, I guess what they say is true: | 我猜广告里说得没错 |
[07:38] | Once you’ve tasted animal byproducts, | 一旦你品尝了动物副产品 |
[07:40] | you can’t go back to the cheap stuff. | 就不吃便宜货了 |
[07:43] | Hey, have you picked a restaurant for tonight? | 嘿 今晚的饭店你挑好了吗 |
[07:45] | Oh, I’ve got a better idea than that. | 哦 我有个更好的想法 |
[07:46] | My old precinct’s having one of their seized-property auctions | 我老辖区的露天广场那儿正举办 |
[07:49] | down at the fairgrounds. | 扣押财产拍卖呢 |
[07:50] | – Oh, what’s the better idea? – Oh, now, come on, Niles. | – 哦 那更好的想法是什么呢 – 拜托 Niles |
[07:53] | These drug dealers have some pretty nice stuff. | 那些毒贩有不少好东西呢 |
[07:57] | As much as I’ve been | 虽然我一直 |
[07:57] | searching for a wide-brimmed, purple velvet hat, | 想要找一顶紫色宽檐天鹅绒帽 |
[08:01] | – it’s really not my cup of tea. – I’ll tell you what. | – 但我对拍卖实在是不太感冒 – 这样好了 |
[08:03] | We’ll just go for a little while | 我们就去一小会儿 |
[08:04] | and then we’ll come back here for dinner. | 然后回来吃饭 |
[08:07] | Am I glad you’re home. | 可算回来了 |
[08:08] | – What’s wrong? – It’s Dr. Crane. | – 怎么了 – Crane医生 |
[08:11] | Ever since he came back from his job interview, | 他自从面试回来 |
[08:12] | he’s seemed awfully depressed. | 就一直极其沮丧 |
[08:14] | In fact, he’s as bad as I’ve ever seen him. | 事实上 他从没这么沮丧过 |
[08:16] | – Oh, I guess it didn’t go well? – I gather not. | – 噢 我猜面试不太顺利 – 我看是的 |
[08:18] | He mumbled something about it being worse than | 他嘟囔着什么比舒曼第二交响曲 |
[08:20] | the Dresden premiere of Schumann’s 2nd Symphony. | 在德累斯顿初次演奏时还差 |
[08:23] | And you left him alone? | 那你还敢让他自个儿呆着 |
[08:26] | Where is he? | 他在哪儿 |
[08:28] | He’s in the kitchen. | 他在厨房 |
[08:33] | Oh, my God! | 哦 天哪 |
[08:36] | – Frasier, are you all right? – I was fine before you screamed. | – Frasier 你还好吗 – 你叫之前我还好好的 |
[08:39] | What the hell is wrong with you? | 你发什么神经啊 |
[08:41] | Daphne said you were depressed. | Daphne说你很伤心 |
[08:42] | Here you are with your head in the oven. | 进来一看 你头塞在烤箱里 |
[08:44] | I was cleaning it, Niles. It’s electric. | 我在打扫烤箱啊 Niles 这是电器好吗 |
[08:51] | If I was going to end my life, | 我真要寻死 |
[08:53] | I’d choose something quicker than broiling. | 我会找个比烤死更快的方式 |
[08:58] | Sorry your interview didn’t go well, Fras. | Frasier 很遗憾你面试不太顺利 |
[09:00] | Oh, that’s all right, Dad. | 哦 爸 没事 |
[09:02] | You know, things don’t | 你知道 事情 |
[09:03] | work out the way we’d like them to sometimes, | 有时偏偏不是我们希望的那样 |
[09:05] | Much like my strict | 就和我明确说过的那条 |
[09:06] | “No shopping carts in the apartment” Policy. | “室内严禁购物车”政策一样 |
[09:10] | Don’t worry about it. | 别担心 |
[09:12] | I’ll take it back, but I need it | 我会还回去的 但现在我还需要 |
[09:13] | to return all that cheap dog food. | 用它去退那些廉价狗粮 |
[09:14] | I’m going down to pick up some cleaning supplies, I’ll do it for you. | 我刚好要下去买些清洁用品 我替你去吧 |
[09:16] | Well, I thought you need to get ready for the reunion. | 我还以为你要为同学聚会做准备呢 |
[09:19] | Oh, God, no. I’m not going. | 哦 不了 不去了 |
[09:21] | – Why? – Because I’m cursed. | – 怎么呢 – 因为我受诅咒了 |
[09:23] | If I wasn’t convinced of it before today’s interview. | 今天面试之前我还不太确定 |
[09:24] | I certianly am now. | 现在我可是信了 |
[09:25] | You haven’t even heard anything. | 你还没听到任何消息啊 |
[09:27] | For all you know, you might’ve gotten it. | 说不定 都聘用你了呢 |
[09:30] | Believe me, Dad, | 爸 相信我 |
[09:32] | I have a better chance of being crowned Miss Teen U.S.A. | 比起得到工作 我更有机会加冕美国小姐 |
[09:38] | Oh, dear God. | 哦 老天 |
[09:39] | – Just how casual is this thing tonight? – Roz, I am so sorry. | – 今晚这聚会是有多随便啊 – Roz 我很抱歉 |
[09:43] | I completely forgot to call | 我完全忘了告诉你 |
[09:44] | and tell you that, well, we’re not going. | 我们今晚不去了 |
[09:47] | Wait a second. | 等会儿 |
[09:48] | I found a babysitter at the last minute. I got a new dress. | 我最后时刻才找到个保姆 我还买了条新裙子 |
[09:52] | I got Miguel to do my hair, and I just spent the last hour | 让Miguel给我整的头发 然后刚还浪费了 |
[09:55] | listening to the Estee Lauder lady describe her bladder operation | 一个小时听那个雅诗兰黛销售员讲她膀胱手术 |
[09:58] | just so I could get a free makeover. | 就为了化个免费的妆 |
[10:01] | – And now you say we’re not going? – Roz, I can’t go. | – 然后你却说我们不去了 – Roz 我不能去 |
[10:03] | You see, I have a curse on my head. | 你瞧 我中了诅咒 |
[10:07] | What curse? | 什么诅咒 |
[10:08] | He thinks the Fates are conspiring | 他认为每次聚会时 命运都会 |
[10:09] | to humiliate him at every reunion. | 谋划如何羞辱他 |
[10:11] | Come on, you don’t really believe that, do you? | 拜托 你不是真信这套吧 |
[10:13] | All right, let’s examine the evidence. | 好吧 我们来考察下这些证据 |
[10:15] | Daphne, will you assist me, please? | Daphne 你来帮我一下好吗 |
[10:17] | This is my school newsletter. | 这是我学校的新闻简讯 |
[10:20] | “The Bryce Academy Crier.” | “Bryce学院告示” |
[10:22] | Which, coincidentally, | 很巧的是 |
[10:22] | was Frasier’s nickname his first year there. | Frasier一年级时的绰号就是”爱哭鬼(Crier)” |
[10:28] | Just read it. Scott Alexander. What’s he been up to? | 你就读吧 Scott Alexander 他近况如何 |
[10:33] | “Wife, kids, has his own computer-software business.” | “已婚 有崽 有自己的软件公司” |
[10:37] | Nancy Kearns Nancy Kearns. | |
[10:40] | “Mother of three, successful physician, | “三个孩子的母亲 杰出医师 |
[10:43] | has invented a drug that may aid in the treatment of cancer.” | 发明了可能辅助癌症治疗的药物” |
[10:47] | Cure for cancer. | 治疗癌症的药物 |
[10:52] | Won’t they be green with envy when I trump them | 把我的人生小故事抖出来时 |
[10:54] | with this little story about my life? | 他们是不是得嫉妒得眼红了 |
[10:56] | Frasier Crane Frasier Crane, | |
[10:58] | unattached, unemployed and living with his father. | 单身 无业 与父亲同住 |
[11:03] | He spends his days scrubbing his oven | 他成天清洗烤箱 |
[11:07] | and is anxiously awaiting his upcoming tooth-cleaning. | 并且焦急地等待着洗牙预约 |
[11:12] | Now, now, Frasier, everyone has ups and downs. | Frasier 你要知道 每个人都有起有落 |
[11:15] | You know, for all we know, | 你看 就现在来说 |
[11:15] | that cure for cancer didn’t pan out either. | 那个癌症药也不是完全成功啊 |
[11:21] | One can only hope, Dad. | 爸 只能这么期待了 |
[11:27] | I’ll bet if you just went in there | 我打赌如果你保持乐观 |
[11:28] | with a sunny attitude, you’d have a good time. | 直接去参加的话 你一定会很开心的 |
[11:30] | You know, I tried sunny last time. You know where it got me? | 是 我上次就乐观了 知道结局如何吗 |
[11:33] | Table 97, singing | 第97桌 与”将军”组合合 |
[11:35] | “Goodbye, My Coney Island Baby” with the Checkmates. | 唱”Goodbye, My Coney Island Baby” |
[11:40] | Maybe this time will be different. | 也许这次会不一样呢 |
[11:42] | That’s the mistake I always make. | 我每次都会犯这种错误 |
[11:43] | Thinking this year, it’ll be different. | 想着这次会不一样 |
[11:45] | That I can beat the curse. | 想着我能战胜诅咒 |
[11:46] | That’s what the curse does. | 但诅咒就是这么狡猾 |
[11:47] | It makes you think you can beat it, but you can’t. | 让你以为能战胜它 但你赢不了 |
[11:50] | I’m sorry, Roz. I apologize. I will make this up to you someday. | 抱歉 Roz 我很抱歉 以后我会补偿你的 |
[11:56] | Right now, I am going to go down to the store | 现在 我要做的 是去楼下商店 |
[11:58] | and run a little errand for my friend, Eddie. | 替我的朋友Eddie跑个腿 |
[12:02] | Tonight, I’ll be coming back home | 今晚呢 我就回家 |
[12:04] | and spending the evening with Daphne, | 和Daphne一起呆着 |
[12:06] | doing some light housework | 顺便做点小家务 |
[12:08] | and listening to my brand-new book on tape: | 再听点我的新有声书 |
[12:12] | Depression, Anxiety and Death. | <沮丧 焦虑以及死亡> |
[12:14] | As read by the author himself, Stanislav Monk. | 由作者Stanislav Monk亲自阅读 |
[12:18] | Now who’s cursed? | 现在被诅咒的是谁 |
[12:35] | Excuse me, sir, there’s a place | 抱歉先生 那边就有个 |
[12:36] | to recycle those cans right over there. | 回收这些易拉罐的地方 |
[12:38] | Oh, I know. | 哦 我知道 |
[12:41] | On behalf of Mother Earth, I thank you. | 代表地球母亲 我谢谢你啊 |
[12:51] | That’s the sort of person that drinks chocolate soda. | 喝巧克力苏打水的都是些这种人是吧 |
[12:57] | Come on, gotcha. | 来来来 够着了 |
[13:01] | Frasier Crane Frasier Crane? | |
[13:03] | Yes. | 是啊 |
[13:05] | Percy Williams. Well, good to see you. | Percy Williams 哈 很高兴见到你啊 |
[13:09] | Suppose you’re on your way to the reunion. | 我猜你是正要去参加聚会吧 |
[13:11] | Yes. Yes, I am. | 是 是的 |
[13:13] | Couldn’t make it this year myself. | 今年我去不了了 |
[13:14] | Little too much on my plate. Things have gotten crazy. | 最近有点小忙 琐碎事儿太多了 |
[13:17] | I can see that. | 我看得出 |
[13:19] | Well, I heard you weren’t on the radio. | 我听说你不做广播了 |
[13:21] | Oh, you did? | 哦 是吗 |
[13:23] | You know, my wife heads up a charity | 知道不 我妻子负责一个慈善机构 |
[13:25] | that helps get homeless people back on their feet. | 专门帮助穷困潦倒之人自力更生的 |
[13:27] | Yes, I know. The Boot Strap Foundation. | 是 我知道 自力更生基金会 |
[13:29] | It’s very popular in my circle. | 在我的圈子里很知名 |
[13:31] | You should call them. They could help you. | 你该找他们 他们能帮你 |
[13:34] | Me? | 我 |
[13:39] | You know, this is very funny. The shopping cart, the dog food. | 太好笑啦 这购物车和狗粮 |
[13:42] | I’m afraid you’re suffering from the wrong impression. | 恐怕你被误导了 |
[13:45] | Dog food? | 狗粮 |
[13:46] | Oh, it’s not mine. It’s my father’s. | 哦 不是我的 是我爸的 |
[13:51] | Call them, Frasier. | 联系他们吧 Frasier |
[13:52] | No, no. Really, you’re mistaken. I’m not homeless. | 不不 真的 你误解了 我不是无家可归啊 |
[13:55] | I live in that luxury building right there, Number 1901. | 我住在那边那幢豪华公寓 1901号 |
[13:58] | – Frasier, please, take this. – I don’t need it. | – Frasier 来吧 拿着 – 我不需要啊 |
[14:01] | I drive a BMW. I collect African art. | 我开宝马啊 我收集非洲艺术品 |
[14:05] | You always were a proud one. | 你一直这么要面子 |
[14:06] | – I’m not proud. – Then take it. | – 我不是 – 那拿着吧 |
[14:09] | And for God’s sakes, spend it on food. | 老天 花钱买点吃的吧 |
[14:14] | I just threw out a $200 belt. | 我刚扔了一条200美元的皮带啊 |
[14:38] | Hey, how was the police auction? | 嘿 那个警察拍卖怎么样 |
[14:40] | You didn’t miss anything, especially once it started raining. | 不怎么样 尤其是后面还下雨了 |
[14:43] | I made out like a bandit. Oh, look at this. | 你看 我这就像土匪刚打劫回来 |
[14:48] | Those drug lords have the most incredible taste. | 那些个毒枭们品位真不错啊 |
[14:51] | Christofle silver, Limoges, Orrefors crystal. | 昆庭银器 利摩日瓷器 欧瑞诗水晶 |
[14:55] | If I ever get married again, I’m going to register there. | 如果我再结婚的话 一定要去那儿注册 |
[14:59] | – Hello, all. – Hey. | – 各位好啊 – 嘿 |
[15:02] | – I thought you were staying home. – Yes, well, not anymore. | – 我还以为你要留在家里呢 – 不了 改主意了 |
[15:05] | I ran into Percy Williams down at the grocery store. | 在杂货店碰到Percy Williams了 |
[15:07] | He mistook me for a street person. | 他误以为我是个流浪汉 |
[15:10] | If I don’t go down there and defend myself, | 如果我不去聚会澄清一下 |
[15:11] | he’ll be passing around | 那他会像传瑞典肉丸一样 |
[15:12] | that rumour along with the Swedish meatballs. | 传播我的谣言 |
[15:16] | I’m glad you’re going, Dr. Crane. | 很高兴你要去 Crane医生 |
[15:18] | You’ll have a nice time and you look great. | 你会玩得很愉快的 你看起来很帅 |
[15:19] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[15:22] | You have no idea how big you owe me. | 你不知道你这次欠我多大人情 |
[15:25] | Yes, I do, Roz. | 是的 Roz 我知道 |
[15:26] | I will never ask you for another favour again except, | 我再也不会再麻烦你了 |
[15:29] | could you possibly do something with your hair? | 但能麻烦你好歹理一下头发好吗 |
[15:30] | It seems to be leaning. | 好像有些斜了 |
[15:33] | Frasier, when you called, | Frasier 你打来电话时 |
[15:35] | I was in the tub with a pint of Haagen-Dazs. | 我正躺在浴缸里 吃着哈根达斯 |
[15:36] | Considering that was 15 minutes ago, | 考虑到那是15分钟前的事 |
[15:38] | I think I look pretty good. | 我觉得我现在看着还不错 |
[15:39] | And I appreciate it, Roz. I really do. | 我很感激 Roz 真的 |
[15:41] | Daphne, could you please help Roz getting finished? | Daphne 你能帮Roz整整吗 |
[15:43] | – I’m finished. – No, no, no. Finish more. Come on. | – 我整过了 – 不不不 再整整 来 |
[15:46] | – And remember what I told you. – Oh, yeah, right. | – 还有 记住我跟你说的那些 – 哦 记住了 |
[15:49] | I’m a model-slash-doctor-slash- | 我是个模特暨博士暨 |
[15:51] | daughter of the duke of Luxembourg. | 卢森堡公爵的女儿 |
[15:53] | Yeah, come along, Your Grace. | 是是是 来吧 夫人 |
[15:56] | Frasier Frasier? | |
[15:58] | Are you so desperate that you’re trying to impress these people | 你真的如此绝望地想要让这些人刮目相看吗 |
[16:01] | by having Roz pretend to be some sort of trophy girlfriend? | 竟然让Roz假装成你的花瓶女友 |
[16:04] | Trophy duchess. | 花瓶女公爵 |
[16:07] | Niles, it’s the only way to beat the curse. | Niles 只有这样才能战胜诅咒 |
[16:09] | You could beat the curse by not going. | 要战胜诅咒 你不去就可以了 |
[16:12] | I tried that, Niles. You see where it got me. | 我试过了 Niles 结果如何呢 |
[16:14] | The curse found a way to humiliate me in absentia. | 诅咒找到了即便我不去也能羞辱我的方法 |
[16:17] | I’ve got to get down there. | 所以我一定得去 |
[16:19] | Why? In order to win the approval | 为什么呢 就为了赢得这群 |
[16:20] | of a group of virtual strangers? | 陌生人一般的人们的肯定吗 |
[16:23] | – I know it sounds foolish, Niles… – No, no, it’s not foolish. | – 我知道听起来很蠢 Niles – 不 不 不蠢 |
[16:27] | It’s human. | 是人性 |
[16:29] | I think it’s all about the feelings of inferiority | 我觉得就是因为你从高中起 |
[16:32] | you’ve been carrying with you since high school. | 就一直有的那种自卑感 |
[16:34] | That’s the real curse. | 那才是真正的诅咒 |
[16:36] | Only you’re not the Bryce Crier anymore. | 可是 你已经不是”Bryce学院的爱哭鬼”了 |
[16:37] | You’re a successful man. | 你是一位成功人士 |
[16:39] | You have an opportunity for real growth here. | 你现在就有真正成长的机会 |
[16:41] | Not by trying to impress these people, but by realizing that | 不是想着去让这些人刮目相看 而是意识到 |
[16:45] | they don’t matter anymore. | 他们已经不重要了 |
[16:48] | Okay, I’m ready. | 好了 我准备好了 |
[16:51] | Oh, Roz. | 哦 Roz |
[16:53] | You look beautiful. | 你真漂亮 |
[16:55] | – Well, thank you. – But we’re not going. | – 好吧 谢谢 – 但我们不去了 |
[16:57] | – What? – Well, I’m sorry, Roz. | – 你说啥 – 对不住了 Roz |
[17:00] | It’s got something to do with my personal growth. | 跟我个人成长有关 |
[17:02] | I don’t care about these people anymore, | 我不在乎这些人了 |
[17:04] | and, you know, I want them to know it. | 我想让他们知道这一点 |
[17:05] | Frasier, I hired a babysitter twice. | Frasier 一个保姆我雇了两次 |
[17:08] | I did my makeup twice. | 我化了两次妆 |
[17:11] | I performed a miracle of engineering | 通过挤进这条裙子 |
[17:12] | by taping myself into this dress twice, | 我两次上演工程学奇迹 |
[17:15] | only to be stood up twice? | 就为了让你放我两次鸽子吗 |
[17:17] | Technically, you did your hair once. | 严格说来 你只打理了一次头发 |
[17:19] | Shut up! | 闭嘴 |
[17:20] | You know, someday, | 听着 迟早有一天 |
[17:21] | you’re gonna need another favour from me, buddy. | 你还是会需要我帮忙的 伙计 |
[17:23] | And when that day comes, I hope you know what you can do with it. | 等到那一天时 我希望你知道该怎么做 |
[17:26] | – I have a pretty good idea. – Well, do it twice! | – 我完全清楚怎么做 – 都给老娘做两次 |
[17:31] | – Well, that was something. – Please, you call that a tantrum? | – 脾气真大啊 – 这就算发脾气吗 |
[17:34] | Maris used to do that once a week. | Maris以前一周一次 |
[17:37] | Poor thing needed help slamming the door. | 可怜人 甩门都得别人帮忙 |
[17:40] | Frasier, I was just talking to Duke on the phone | Frasier 我刚和Duke通话的时候 |
[17:41] | and your agent clicked in. | 你的经纪人打电话来了 |
[17:44] | She was calling from a pay phone and she couldn’t really talk, | 她用的公用电话 没仔细说 |
[17:46] | but she said that KPOV wants you to host your own show for them. | 但她说KPOV想让你主持一档自己的节目 |
[17:50] | My own television show? | 我自己的电视节目吗 |
[17:55] | – At KPOV? – Congratulations, Frasier. | – KPOV啊 – 恭喜啊 Frasier |
[17:57] | – That’s wonderful. – Thank you. Thank you all. | – 太好了 – 谢谢 谢谢你们 |
[18:03] | I just realized | 我刚意识到 |
[18:04] | This is an even bigger opportunity for personal growth. | 这是一个更大的个人成长机会 |
[18:07] | Having a prestigious new job like this, | 有了这样一个颇有声望的工作 |
[18:09] | and not even going to that reunion to boast about it. | 都不去聚会上吹嘘 |
[18:13] | It is a great opportunity, isn’t it? | 机会真是难得 不是吗 |
[18:17] | – Have a good time. – I will. | – 玩得愉快 – 一定 |
[18:23] | Well, I must say, Frasier did have a run of bad luck this week. | 得承认 Frasier这周真是接连倒霉 |
[18:27] | I’m certainly glad it’s finally turned out better for him. | 很高兴最终一切都转好了 |
[18:30] | No, he didn’t really get a call. I just made it all up. | 不 没这么个电话 我随口编的 |
[18:35] | His agent didn’t call? | 他经纪人没打电话吗 |
[18:36] | No, I just wanted to give the guy something to brag about. | 没 我就想让他有点料来吹牛 |
[18:41] | Dad, I know you were trying to help | 爸 我知道你是想帮忙 |
[18:43] | but don’t you think that’s a little risky? | 但你不觉得有点风险吗 |
[18:44] | What if somebody at the reunion knows it’s not true? | 万一聚会上有人知道那是假的呢 |
[18:46] | Oh, no, you worry too much. Who’s gonna know? | 哦 不 你想太多了 谁会知道啊 |
[18:48] | I mean most of these people are from out of town. | 他们大多数人都是从别的地方赶来的 |
[18:49] | They probably never even heard of KPOV. | 他们说不定都没听过KPOV呢 |
[18:52] | I knew it. When you said KPOV, I thought it sounded familiar. | 我就知道 你说KPOV时 我就觉得听着耳熟 |
[18:56] | And it’s right here in Dr. Crane’s newsletter. | 就在这个给Crane医生的新闻简讯上 |
[18:58] | His classmate Karl Degersdorff was just named station manager. | 他同学Karl Degersdorff刚任命为台长 |
[19:05] | Won’t that be nice for them? They’ll be working together now. | 这样不是很好嘛 他们能一起工作 |
[19:07] | Oh, my God. | 哦 天哪 |
[19:09] | Come on, it’s gonna be all right. Don’t worry about it. | 拜托 没事的 别担心了 |
[19:11] | This Degersdorff probably won’t even show. | 这Degersdorff也许都不会露面呢 |
[19:13] | You know, he just got a new job. He’s probably real busy. | 他刚得到新工作 也许忙得很呢 |
[19:17] | I guess you’re right. We mustn’t assume the worst. | 也许你说的也对 不能总是想着最坏的情况 |
[19:19] | I’m acting like Frasier, as if there was really a curse. | 我表现得像Frasier一样 好像真有诅咒似的 |
[19:22] | Look here. He’s also serving as this year’s reunion coordinator. | 看这儿 他还是今年聚会的策划者呢 |
[19:40] | Good evening. Hello. | 晚上好 你好 |
[19:42] | Good to see you again. | 很高兴再见到你们 |
[19:45] | Hi, how you been? | 嗨 最近怎么样 |
[19:52] | – Hi, fellas. – Hi. | – 嗨 伙计们 – 嗨 |
[20:01] | Hit it. | 起调吧 |