时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:10] | Well, I’d better be heading out. | 我该走了 |
[00:11] | Niles and I are meeting for dinner. | 晚上要跟Niles一起吃饭 |
[00:13] | And then we have tickets to the theatrical event of the season. | 然后我们要去看时下最热门的戏剧 |
[00:16] | Oh, really? | 哦 是嘛 |
[00:17] | – Yes. Sir Trevor Ainsley in “Tears of the Mariner”. – Oh. | – Trevor Ainsley爵士出演的<水手的眼泪> – 噢 |
[00:20] | It promises to be a very exciting evening. | 今晚必定是激动人心的一晚 |
[00:22] | You see, Seattle is Sir Trevor’s last stop on his farewell tour. | 因为西雅图是Trevor爵士告别巡演的最后一站 |
[00:27] | After this, he’s retiring from the stage forever. | 这之后 他就要永远告别舞台了 |
[00:29] | “Tears of the Mariner”. You know, I think I read a review of that. | <水手的眼泪> 我好像看过它的评论 |
[00:32] | I thought it was one of those baseball stories | 本来以为是什么棒球故事 |
[00:33] | like “Pride of the Yankees”, you know. | 像是<扬基的骄傲>“ |
[00:35] | But it’s just about some crabby old sailor | 结果就是个顽固的老水手 |
[00:37] | stuck in this little town… | 困在这么座小镇里 |
[00:39] | No, no, no, Dad, please. | 别说了 老爸 |
[00:40] | I have carefully avoided all the reviews of this play. | 我一直在极力躲避各种剧评 |
[00:42] | I don’t wanna hear about it before I see it. | 我不想在观看之前听到评论 |
[00:44] | Well, I don’t wanna hear about it after you see it. | 我呢 不想在你看完后听到评论 |
[00:49] | – Oh, hello, Daphne. – Hey, Daph. | – 你好 Daphne – 嘿 Daph |
[00:51] | That’s it? “Hello, Daphne”? Haven’t you seen the paper? | 就这样吗 “你好 Daphne” 你们都没看报纸吗 |
[00:54] | Well, I glanced at it. Why? Did I miss something? | 我就瞟了几眼 怎么 我错过什么了吗 |
[00:56] | Look. | 看 |
[00:57] | – Oh, my gosh! Is that you? – Yes! | – 老天 这是你吗 – 是呀 |
[01:00] | Good heavens. Well, it’s kind of hard to tell. | 天哪 也不太好认啊 |
[01:03] | You’ve got your back turned to the camera, | 你背对着镜头 |
[01:05] | your skirt’s blown up around your… | 裙子还掀起来了 |
[01:07] | Oh, well, it must’ve been rather blustery out. | 哦对 肯定是因为风太大 |
[01:10] | I was in the park yesterday. | 我昨天在公园里 |
[01:11] | This photographer snapped my picture | 这个摄影师抓拍了我的照片 |
[01:13] | for the “It’s Your Seattle” Column. | 用在了”你们的西雅图”专栏里 |
[01:15] | – Oh. – The one where they show some average person out and about, | – 哦 – 就是一个展现普通人的风采啊之类的 |
[01:18] | then use their name on the column. | 然后用他们的名字作为标题的专栏 |
[01:19] | For instance, if they took a picture of Mr. Crane, | 比方说 如果他们拍了Crane先生的照片 |
[01:21] | – the caption would read, “Martin Crane’s Seattle.” – Yes. | – 标题就是”Martin Crane的西雅图” – 懂 |
[01:24] | Or if they took one of you, it would say, “Frasier Crane’s…” | 或者他们拍了你的照片 标题就是”Frasier Crane的 |
[01:26] | Yes, we get it. | 是 我们懂了 |
[01:28] | Don’t crinkle it. I want to send it home to my family. | 别弄皱了哦 我还要寄给家里面呢 |
[01:31] | – You sure about that? – Oh, don’t be such an old fogy. | – 你确定吗 – 哎呀 别这么老古董 |
[01:34] | So I’m bending down and me knickers are showing a bit, | 我是弯腰露了点内裤 |
[01:36] | but my family will still be as proud as peacocks when they see that | 但我家里人看到标题后还是会极为骄傲的 |
[01:40] | “Daphne Moon’s Seattle.” | “Daphne Moon的西雅图” |
[01:44] | She certainly does. | 还真是一点没错 |
[01:51] | Trevor Ainsley爵士 水手的眼泪 | |
[01:51] | Niles, will you just stop it? The dinner was just fine. | Niles 你消停会儿好吗 晚餐挺好的啊 |
[01:54] | It was not fine. I made those reservations weeks ago. | 一点都不好 我好几个礼拜前就订了位子 |
[01:57] | They seated us so close to the kitchen. | 结果我们的位子离厨房那么近 |
[01:59] | I’m surprised they didn’t make us wear hairnets. | 我都震惊于他们没给我们戴防油烟的发套 |
[02:02] | – I’m sure it was just a mix-up. – Not a mix-up. | – 肯定只是弄错了 – 不是弄错 |
[02:04] | It’s part of an alarming trend I’ve noticed | 这是自Maris和我分开后 |
[02:06] | – ever since Maris and I parted company. – Oh, Niles. | – 我注意到的令人担忧的趋势的一部分 – 噢 Niles |
[02:09] | Last week, Roberta Phipps snubbed me at the opera. | 上周 Roberta Phipps在歌剧院里中伤我 |
[02:12] | I wasn’t even invited | 我甚至没被邀请 |
[02:13] | to that gala fundraiser for Saint Andrew’s Orphanage. | 参加圣安德鲁孤儿院的募捐晚会 |
[02:16] | You can still send money to the children. | 你还是能给孩子们捐钱啊 |
[02:19] | As usual, you’ve missed the point. | 一如既往 你又没看到重点 |
[02:22] | I’m being shut out. | 我被排挤了 |
[02:23] | It is as if someone snuck into my world and changed all the locks. | 就像有人偷偷溜进我的世界把所有锁都换了 |
[02:28] | Oh, Niles. | 噢 Niles |
[02:30] | Well, at least you don’t have to worry about that tonight. | 至少今晚 你不用担心那些 |
[02:35] | – After you. – Thank you. Evening. | – 你先请 – 谢谢 晚上好 |
[02:37] | Tickets, please. | 票子 谢谢 |
[02:39] | Oh, I’m sorry, sir. These aren’t for this performance. | 噢 对不起 先生 这不是这场演出的票 |
[02:42] | – What? – What? | – 什么 – 什么 |
[02:43] | But they say for the 16th. That’s the 16th right there. | 但是这票是16号的啊 这儿 写着16号啊 |
[02:46] | – That’s today. – Yes, sir. They were for the matinee. | – 就是今天啊 – 是的 先生 但这是日场的 |
[02:49] | Oh, no, no, this has to be some mistake. Let me just… | 噢 不不不 肯定是搞错了 让我看 |
[02:52] | – Oh, dear God. – I’m so sorry, Niles. | – 噢 天啊 – 太对不起了 Niles |
[02:55] | Well, surely you must hold some tickets aside for emergencies. | 那个 你们肯定留了些票以防万一吧 |
[02:58] | – We’ll take anything, anything at all. – Yes, yes! | – 什么票我们都愿意买 – 对对 |
[03:00] | – Even mezzanine. – Yeah. | – 哪怕包厢都可以 – 是啊 |
[03:01] | If you like, you can try your luck in the cancellation line. | 如果您愿意的话 可以在退票处那里碰碰运气 |
[03:09] | How could this happen? | 怎么会这样 |
[03:11] | I have to see this play. | 我必须得看这出戏 |
[03:13] | I have to have people see me see this play. | 我必须得让人们看到我看这出戏 |
[03:14] | – If I’m not seen seeing this play, you see… – Niles, Niles! | – 要是我没被看到看这出戏 – Niles Niles |
[03:18] | I will make a simple phone call, | 我会打个电话 |
[03:20] | and we’ll get house seats for tomorrow night. | 我们会拿到明晚的保留票 |
[03:22] | – All right? – I suppose so. | – 可以了吧 – 好吧 |
[03:24] | Come on, let’s go. | 我们快走吧 |
[03:26] | The last thing I need is to have someone see us loitering outside here | 我最不想让人看到我们徘徊在这里 |
[03:28] | like gutter riffraff, pathetically scrounging for last-minute tickets. | 像市井小民一样 可怜地乞求开场前能拿到票 |
[03:38] | Good luck! | 祝你们好运 |
[03:46] | Oh, Niles. | 噢 Niles |
[03:47] | Hello, I know I’m a bit early. | 你好啊 我知道我有点早 |
[03:48] | I was hoping we might get a bite to eat before the theater. | 我只是想在去剧院前能够吃点东西 |
[03:51] | Actually, Niles… | 其实 Niles |
[03:51] | Yeah, yeah, it’ll be on me of course, | 我知道我知道 当然是我请你 |
[03:53] | as a thank-you for getting those replacement tickets. | 就当谢谢你帮我弄到票 |
[03:54] | – About the tickets… – I know, I know I owe you money, | – 那个票子 – 我知道 我欠你钱 |
[03:56] | and my gratitude. | 还有我的感激之情 |
[03:58] | And if I keep talking, | 而且如果我还一直讲 |
[03:59] | you won’t be able to tell me you weren’t able to get the tickets. | 你就没机会跟我说你没拿到票子 |
[04:01] | Just haven’t been able to get them yet… | 只是暂时还没拿到 |
[04:03] | Oh, I knew you wouldn’t get them! | 我就知道你弄不到的 |
[04:04] | – Niles, please. – Oh, and now it’s too late. It’s six o’clock. | – Niles 拜托 – 太晚了 都已经六点了 |
[04:07] | Please just calm down. I’ve made a few well-placed calls. | 稍安勿躁 我已经打了几个电话 |
[04:09] | I haven’t heard back from a couple of people. Someone will call. | 有些人还没给我回电 不过肯定会有人打来的 |
[04:12] | Well, someone better call, | 最好有人会打来 |
[04:14] | because everyone who’s anyone is seeing this play. | 因为”所有人”都去看这出戏了 |
[04:16] | And you know who you are if you’re not anyone? | 你知道如果你不是”所有人”之一的话你是谁吗 |
[04:17] | You’re no one. | 你就是”没有人” |
[04:20] | And I’ve been someone much too long to start being no one now. | 我已经做”有些人”太久了 做不了”没有人” |
[04:25] | Oh, hey, I thought no one was here. | 噢 嘿 我还以为没有人在这儿呢 |
[04:28] | Niles, please, just relax. | Niles 拜托 淡定点 |
[04:30] | One way or another, we are going to get tickets to this play. | 不管用什么方法 我们都会拿到票的 |
[04:32] | You two still going on about those tickets? | 你俩还在为票操心吗 |
[04:35] | If this play’s any good at all, | 这戏要是真的好 |
[04:37] | in a couple of years, they’ll do it down at the dinner theatre | 几年后 餐厅的剧场就会重演 |
[04:39] | and you can get a nice prime rib with it. | 你们就能一边吃上等牛排一边看戏了嘛 |
[04:49] | Dad, you don’t understand. | 老爸 您不明白 |
[04:51] | You see, this isn’t just about the play. | 这事吧 并不仅仅关于这出戏 |
[04:53] | This is literally | 这真的是 |
[04:54] | our last opportunity to see one of the finest actors of our time. | 我们欣赏当代最优秀演员之一的最后机会了 |
[04:58] | You wanna go because | 你们想去就是因为 |
[04:59] | your snobby friends are going | 你们那群势利的朋友都去了 |
[05:00] | and you don’t wanna feel left out. | 而你们不想被排除在外 |
[05:02] | What we want is to sit in a theatre | 我们想要的 是坐在剧院里 |
[05:05] | and share a transcendent experience. | 享受一份卓绝的体验 |
[05:07] | That nobody else could get tickets to. | 一份别人买不到票的体验 |
[05:09] | Of course. That’s the transcendent part. | 当然了 那就是卓绝之处嘛 |
[05:14] | Oh! It’s them. | 噢 他们打来了 |
[05:17] | Hello? | 你好 |
[05:18] | Yes, I’ll hold. It’s Clea Fenwick. | 好 我等着 是Clea Fenwick |
[05:20] | – Clea Fenwick? – Yes, you remember her. | – Clea Fenwick – 你记得她的 |
[05:21] | She’s on the board of the theatre. You’ve seen her. Bad eye job. | 她是剧院的董事 你见过她 眼睛整坏了的那个 |
[05:24] | Dowager’s hump you could cross the Sahara on. | 老太太驼背严重 都快赶上撒哈拉的骆驼了 |
[05:28] | Hello, Clea, you lovely thing. | 我在 Clea小甜心 |
[05:31] | Uh-huh. Oh, well, you’re a dear for trying. Thanks. | 啊哈 没事 已经很谢谢你帮我打听了 |
[05:36] | Don’t despair, Niles. I’m getting another call. | 别灰心 Niles 又来了一个电话 |
[05:38] | Hello? | 你好 |
[05:39] | Yes, Dora! Yes. | 是的 Dora 是的 |
[05:42] | Uh-huh, too bad. Well, thank you. | 啊哈 这样啊 谢谢你了 |
[05:45] | Yeah, Oh! Oh, that is a wonderful idea. Yes, I will. | 噢噢 这真是个好主意 我会试试的 |
[05:48] | – Thank you. Bye-bye. – She has a lead for us? | – 谢谢你 拜拜 – 她给我们指了条明路吗 |
[05:50] | Yes. She said I should call Clea Fenwick. | 是的 她说我该打给Clea Fenwick |
[05:56] | This is hopeless. | 简直是毫无希望 |
[05:58] | Niles, there is another way. | Niles 还有一个办法 |
[06:03] | – You don’t mean…? – Yes. | – 你不会是指 – 对 |
[06:05] | I know it’s a calculated risk. It’s a little uncertain. | 我知道这有很大的风险 是不确定的 |
[06:07] | You can’t be serious. It’s unthinkable. | 你开玩笑吧 这连想都不能想 |
[06:10] | Niles, what other choice do we have? | Niles 我们还能怎么办 |
[06:11] | But the indignity. It reeks of desperation. | 但这太伤自尊了 而且充满了绝望的气息 |
[06:14] | Now, now, before you do anything desperate, | 等等 等等 在你们孤注一掷前 |
[06:16] | at least go and stand in the cancellation line. | 至少先去退票处排个队试试嘛 |
[06:20] | What did he think we were talking about? | 不然他以为我们在说什么啊 |
[06:28] | You know, this isn’t half as humiliating as I thought it would be. | 这好像也没我想的那么丢脸 |
[06:30] | Oh, you’re right. I don’t know why we were so afraid. | 对 也不知道之前我们在怕什么 |
[06:35] | Oh, no. It’s Stephen and Susan Kendall. | 不是吧 那是Stephen Kendall和他老婆Susan |
[06:39] | Quick, turn around. If they see us here, we’ll be ruined. | 快 转过去 被他们看到我们就毁了 |
[06:42] | – They know everybody. – Yes, I know. | – 他们认识所有人 – 我知道 |
[06:44] | Their Sunday brunches are a who’s who of Seattle’s elite. | 他们的周日早午餐会就是本西雅图名人录 |
[06:49] | I think it’s safe. No one saw us. | 应该安全了 没人看到我们 |
[06:51] | – Hey, Frasier! Niles! – Roz. | – 嗨 Frasier Niles – Roz |
[06:54] | – What are you doing here? – And how did you get tickets? | – 你怎么在这儿 – 还有你怎么拿到票的 |
[06:57] | Oh, a friend of mine couldn’t use hers, so she gave them to me. | 哦 我一个朋友没办法来 就给我了两张票 |
[07:00] | I asked my cute new dentist. | 我邀请了我的帅气新牙医 |
[07:01] | He’s a big fan of Sir What’s-his-face. | 他是那个某某爵士的忠实粉丝 |
[07:04] | You refer to the world’s greatest living actor as… | 你居然把现世最伟大的演员称作某某 |
[07:06] | Now, now, now, Frasier, Roz may not be familiar with Sir Trevor, | 没事没事 Frasier Roz可能不熟悉Trevor爵士 |
[07:09] | but I’m sure she’ll enjoy the play. | 但她肯定会喜欢这部戏的 |
[07:10] | – I trust you got good seats. – Ooh. I think so. | – 你拿的应该是好位子吧 – 唔 好像是的 |
[07:14] | – Row C. – Row C. Excellent. | – C排 – C排 好极了 |
[07:17] | Look, a whole bunch of naked men. | 快看 好多裸男啊 |
[07:21] | What are you doing? | 你干嘛啊 |
[07:22] | Give me those, you philistine! You don’t even know his name! | 快给我 你个门外汉 你都不知道他的名字 |
[07:24] | Are you crazy? | 你疯了吗 |
[07:28] | – Ready to go, Roz? – Yes. | – 可以进去了吗 Roz – 是的 |
[07:30] | – Dr. Mandel? – Oh, hi, Niles. | – Mandel医生 – 噢 你好 Niles |
[07:32] | You two know each other? | 你们俩认识 |
[07:34] | Sure. How’s the teeth bleaching going? | 是啊 你的牙漂白的怎么样了 |
[07:38] | Fine, thanks. | 很好 谢谢 |
[07:43] | Let’s go, Rob. | 我们走吧 Rob |
[07:44] | It’s a long way to Row C from the cancellation line. | 从退票处到C排要走好久呢 |
[07:48] | Hang in there, guys. I wouldn’t be surprised if you get lucky. | 坚持下去 伙计们 我相信你们会交到好运的 |
[07:51] | I’d be stupefied if you didn’t. | 如果你没有 我会很震惊的 |
[07:58] | I knew you were bleaching them. | 我就知道你漂白了牙齿 |
[08:01] | “No, really, I just changed toothpastes.” | “没有呀 真的 我只是换了牙膏” |
[08:04] | Is that Niles Crane? And Frasier? | 这不是Niles Crane嘛 还有Frasier |
[08:08] | – Oh, Susan. – Stephen. – Good to see you. | – 噢 Susan – Stephen – 很高兴见到你们 |
[08:10] | We’re seeing everybody tonight. It’s simply… | 今晚我们见到了所有人 真是 |
[08:14] | Oh, dear. You’re not waiting for a cancellation, are you? | 天哪 你们不是在等退票吧 |
[08:17] | A what? Oh, is that what this is? | 什么 哦 这里原来是等退票的吗 |
[08:21] | – Oh. – Oh. | – 噢 – 噢 |
[08:25] | Oh, look at us. | 噢 看我们糊涂的 |
[08:27] | Blocking these poor unfortunates who couldn’t get tickets. | 挡在这群买不到票子的可怜人前面 |
[08:29] | I got one pair left. Who’s next? | 还剩下两张票 下一位是谁 |
[08:32] | – Curtain going up. – Curtain going up. Shall we? | – 幕布升起 – 幕布升起来了 我们走吧 |
[08:35] | – Next in line, please. – Niles, are you coming? | – 下一位 请上前 – Niles 你不来吗 |
[08:38] | – I, uh… I, uh… – You’ll… You’ll have to forgive my brother. | – 我 呃 我 呃 – 请 请原谅我弟弟 |
[08:43] | You see, he’s too ashamed | 他只是太羞愧了 |
[08:44] | to admit that he’s just waiting for one last cigarette. | 不好意思承认他想最后再抽一根烟 |
[08:47] | It’s all right. Niles, you go right ahead. | 没事的 Niles 你去吧 |
[08:49] | – I’ll just see the Kendalls in. – OK. | – 我送Kendall夫妇进去 – 好 |
[08:51] | Thank God, another smoker. | 谢天谢地 烟友啊 |
[08:52] | Darling, maybe I’ll just stay and have a cigarette with Niles. | 亲爱的 我想再待会儿跟Niles抽根烟 |
[08:55] | Do you want these tickets, sir? | 先生 你要这两张票子吗 |
[08:57] | Me? | 我 |
[09:00] | Oh, oh, no, no, no! | 噢 噢 不 不 不 |
[09:06] | Steven, please, I’d really like to sit down. | Steven 拜托 我真的想现在就去入座 |
[09:08] | All right. Niles, we’ll make a date. | 好吧 Niles 我们约一下 |
[09:10] | I’ll meet you right here at intermission | 幕间休息的时候我来这儿见你 |
[09:12] | and we’ll have a smoke. | 我们一起吸根烟怎样 |
[09:13] | Oh, right here is where I’ll be. | 好 到时我就在这儿 |
[09:17] | – Enjoy. – See you later. | – 观剧愉快 – 待会儿见 |
[09:22] | Well, this is just perfect. | 呵呵 太完美了 |
[09:24] | Not only are we missing the play, | 我们不但错过了戏 |
[09:26] | but now we have to hang around here until intermission | 还得在这儿游荡到幕间休息 |
[09:28] | so they won’t catch on to us. | 才不会露出马脚 |
[09:29] | Oh, what are you complaining about? | 噢 你有什么可抱怨的 |
[09:31] | I’m the one who has an hour to learn how to smoke. | 我才是那个要在一小时内学会抽烟的人 |
[09:43] | Niles, they’re coming out. | Niles 他们出来了 |
[09:45] | Come on, let’s blend in. | 快过来 我们要融入 |
[09:50] | – Niles, what are you doing? – I’m practising. | – Niles 你在干嘛 – 我在练习 |
[09:53] | I haven’t held a cigarette since I played Duke Mantee | 自从初中在<化石森林>里饰演Duke Mantee后 |
[09:55] | in our junior high production of “The Petrified Forest”. | 我就再没拿过烟了 |
[09:57] | Yes, I remember watching you from the petrified audience. | 是啊 我还记得跟石化了的观众一起观看演出呢 |
[09:59] | Come on. | 快来 |
[10:01] | Oh, there they are. Let’s go. | 噢 他们在那儿 走 |
[10:03] | – Oh, well, you got out here quickly. – Yeah. | – 哦 你们出来挺快的 – 是的 |
[10:06] | I guess you needed one of these more than I did. | 我猜你比我更需要来一根嘛 |
[10:08] | Yes, well, when you enjoy smoking as much as I do. | 是啊 我烟瘾很大 必须得快点出来了 |
[10:16] | Bye-bye, feel better. I’ll call you. | 拜拜 快点好起来 我之后再打给你 |
[10:20] | The Gormleys. Kendra isn’t feeling well. | 是Gormley夫妇 Kendra不是很舒服 |
[10:22] | – Richard is taking her home. – Oh, well. | – Richard带她回家去了 – 哦 这样啊 |
[10:25] | – Oh, there’s Mikki and Lyle. – Poor old dears. | – 噢 那是Mikki跟Lyle – 可怜的老两口 |
[10:28] | They could only get balcony. | 他们只买到楼座票 |
[10:29] | Still, we should say hello. They are your parents. Excuse us. | 不过我们还是得去问好 毕竟是你的父母 失陪了 |
[10:33] | Yes. | 请 |
[10:39] | My God. These things are turning me green. | 老天 抽的我头都晕了 |
[10:41] | Never mind that, Niles. The Gormleys aren’t coming back. | 别管这个了 Niles Gormley夫妇不会再回来了 |
[10:44] | Let’s go sneak into their seats and watch the second act. | 我们溜进去占他们座看第二幕吧 |
[10:46] | Come on, let’s go. | 快走 |
[10:48] | – Your ticket stubs, please. – Oh, I beg your pardon? | – 您的票根 谢谢 – 噢 你说什么 |
[10:51] | Well, I’m sorry, | 非常抱歉 |
[10:51] | we’ve had some people try to sneak in after intermission. | 会有些人想在幕间休息的时候溜进去 |
[10:54] | Well, you know, I, I think we uh… left uh… our coats in our seats, | 这样啊 不过我们好像把大衣忘在座位上了 |
[11:00] | and the stubs are in the coats. | 票根就在大衣里 |
[11:01] | – Oh, well, don’t worry about it. – Thank you. | – 噢 没问题 – 谢谢 |
[11:04] | We’ll just have someone bring your coats to you. | 我的同事会把大衣拿出来给你们的 |
[11:06] | Where are your seats? | 你们的座位是哪里 |
[11:09] | I’ll… have to check the seating chart. | 我 我得去查查座位图 |
[11:14] | – Aren’t you going in? – Well, oh, yes, yes. Uh… | – 你们不进去吗 – 噢 对 对 呃 |
[11:16] | My brother just needed to have one last cigarette. | 我弟弟还想去抽最后一根烟 |
[11:19] | – Oh, you’re worse than Steven. – Well, yes, yes. | – 噢 你烟瘾比Steven还大啊 – 啊哈 是的 |
[11:22] | Really, Niles, I do wish you’d quit. I’m begging you. | 说真的 Niles 你真该戒了 求你了 |
[11:25] | I just wish I didn’t love the damn things so much. | 我真希望自己没有那么沉迷于这鬼东西 |
[11:29] | Yes, well, if we don’t see you afterward, have a lovely evening. | 也许今晚我们不会再碰面了 祝你们今夜愉快 |
[11:33] | Actually, we’re having | 其实我们 |
[11:34] | a small supper at La Chanteuse afterwards for Sir Trevor. | 今晚会跟Trevor爵士在歌女餐厅小聚 |
[11:37] | So if you’re not busy, say, around 11? | 如果你们有空的话 11点左右见怎么样 |
[11:44] | Good. We’ll see you then. | 很好 到时见 |
[11:49] | Frasier Frasier! | |
[11:53] | Dinner with Sir Trevor. That’s better than seeing the play! | 跟Trevor爵士一起吃晚餐 这比看戏更棒啊 |
[11:55] | Niles, are you insane? | Niles 你疯了吗 |
[11:57] | We know absolutely nothing about the damn play. | 我们对这戏一无所知 |
[12:00] | How can we possibly talk with this man? | 我们要跟他聊什么啊 |
[12:03] | For God’s sake, I just wish I’d read that review in yesterday’s paper. | 老天哪 我要是昨天看了报纸上的评论就好了 |
[12:06] | – Do you still have it? – I might. | – 那报纸还在吗 – 可能吧 |
[12:09] | Dad lets the papers pile up for days sometimes. | 老爸有时候会把报纸留几天 |
[12:11] | You know what? We’ve got just enough time to get there and back. | 我们正好有时间回去再回来 |
[12:13] | – Let’s go! – Where are you going? | – 快走 – 你们要去哪儿 |
[12:15] | You see? I told you it was the other way. | 看吧 我说了不是这边 |
[12:20] | God! | 折腾死了 |
[12:24] | – What’s going on? – Dad, we’re looking for yesterday’s paper. | – 怎么了 – 老爸 我们在找昨天的报纸 |
[12:26] | – Oh, well, it should be there. – Oh, wait, Dad. | – 哦 应该就在那儿 – 等等 老爸 |
[12:28] | That review you’re reading yesterday, “Tears of the Mariner”. | 你昨天读的<水手的眼泪>的剧评 |
[12:31] | – Do you remember it? – Kinda. | – 你还记得吗 – 大概吧 |
[12:33] | All right, just concentrate. What was the play about? | 好 集中精神 那部戏是讲什么的 |
[12:35] | Well, let me see, uh… | 呃 让我想想 |
[12:37] | It started out with this old guy who was gutting a fish. | 最开始 是那个老男人在给一条鱼去内脏 |
[12:41] | All right, okay, good, good. | 很好 很好 |
[12:42] | And then he gives this fish to his son, but his son rejects it. | 然后他把鱼给了他儿子 但他儿子拒绝了 |
[12:46] | Good! Good. Then what? | 很好 然后呢 |
[12:47] | Uh… oh, yeah! | 呃 哦对 |
[12:49] | Well, then it turns out that he has this fatal disease. | 然后他发现自己患了绝症 |
[12:52] | And the next thing you know, he’s in this big stadium, | 然后他站在这座大球场 |
[12:55] | and he’s telling everybody that even though he’s dying, | 告诉所有人即使他快死了 |
[12:58] | that today, he considers himself the luckiest man… | 他也觉得自己是最幸运的人 |
[13:01] | Dad! That is “Pride of the Yankees”! | 老爸 那是<扬基的骄傲> |
[13:04] | Oh, yeah, yeah, that’s right. I’m sorry. I’m sorry about that. | 哦 对对 我错了 非常抱歉 |
[13:07] | But I’m pretty sure that fish part was right. | 但我能肯定鱼那段没错 |
[13:11] | Fish. Ridiculous. | 鱼 蠢爆了 |
[13:13] | – Wait, wait. Yes! – Yes? – Yes! | – 等等 对了 – 找到了 – 对 |
[13:15] | Here it is. There it is. | 没错就是这个 |
[13:16] | “Sir Trevor Ainsley’s bravura performance | “Trevor Ainsley爵士 |
[13:18] | in “Tears of the Mariner” | 在<水手的眼泪>中的华丽表演 |
[13:19] | qualifies him as an…” Yes, blah blah blah, blah blah blah, | 让他赢得了” 呃 啦啦啦 啦啦啦 |
[13:24] | “Continued on page A16.” | “下转A16页” |
[13:26] | Just give me a second here. | 等我翻过去 |
[13:32] | – Where is it? – Daphne! | – 哪儿去了 – Daphne |
[13:34] | Her picture must’ve been on the other side. | 她的照片肯定在另一面 |
[13:36] | It may still be here. She was gonna mail it to her mother. | 可能还在这儿 她打算寄给她母亲 |
[13:38] | Daphne’s picture was in the paper? | 报纸上有Daphne的照片吗 |
[13:41] | Yes, well, someone snapped a candid photo of her in the park. | 是的 有人在公园抓拍了她的照片 |
[13:44] | If you ask me, it was not her most flattering angle, | 要我说 那不是她最迷人的角度 |
[13:46] | but I’m sure you would disagree. | 不过你肯定不这么认为 |
[13:47] | Well, open it. | 好 打开它 |
[13:49] | Carefully… | 小心地 |
[13:51] | Oh, what the hell. I’ll buy her flowers. | 管他呢 我送花给她补偿 |
[13:55] | Hey, Dr. Crane, I thought you went… | 嘿 Crane医生 我还以为你去 |
[13:58] | – Is that my letter? – Daphne, let me explain. | – 那是我的信吗 – Daphne 听我解释 |
[14:01] | No, no, I should’ve known | 不不 我早该知道 |
[14:02] | I’d never get any privacy in this house. | 在这屋子里我是别想有什么隐私的 |
[14:04] | No, you don’t understand. I just wanted to… | 不 你听我说 我只是想 |
[14:05] | You just wanted to find out if I was gossiping about you to my mum. | 你只是想看我有没跟我妈八卦你 |
[14:09] | Well, fine! I was. | 好吧 我是这么干了 |
[14:11] | A 73-year-old woman in Manchester is about to find out | 曼彻斯特的一位73岁老太太即将知道 |
[14:14] | that you dye the grey out of your temples. | 你把鬓角的白发染黑了 |
[14:16] | There! You happy? | 你满意了吧 |
[14:17] | No, I’m not happy. I am mortified. | 我不满意 我苦闷着呢 |
[14:22] | How did you know that? | 你怎么知道的 |
[14:26] | I keep my hair dye in the false bottom of my cufflink box. | 我把染发剂藏在袖扣盒的假底层下面 |
[14:30] | Yeah, well… I’ll let it go this time. | 那什么 这次我就不追究了 |
[14:36] | Oh, we haven’t got time for this. We’ve gotta get down to that party! | 噢 我们没时间搞这些了 得马上赶去聚会 |
[14:39] | – I knew you were dying your hair. – Shut up! | – 我就知道你染了头发 – 闭嘴 |
[14:43] | “No, no, really, it’s just my new conditioner.” | “不不 真的 我只是换了新的护发素” |
[14:45] | Shut up! | 闭嘴 |
[14:49] | And whatever you do, don’t get specific about the play. | 不管你说什么 都不要提到这戏的细节 |
[14:52] | That’s the mistake you made last year | 你去年就犯了这个错误 |
[14:53] | when you lied about having seen “The Silent Echo”. | 在你撒谎说你看过<寂静回声>的时候 |
[14:55] | All that yammering on about how the play had third-act problems. | 在那儿一个劲儿地抱怨第三幕怎么怎么不好 |
[14:59] | – It fooled no one. – What makes you so sure? | – 你骗得了谁啊 – 你怎么这么肯定 |
[15:01] | Well, for starters, “The Silent Echo” doesn’t have a third act. | 第一点 <寂寞回声>就没有第三幕 |
[15:10] | Bravo! | 太赞了 |
[15:16] | God, I need a drink. | 老天 我得喝一杯 |
[15:19] | – Double Scotch, no ice. – Yes, sir. | – 双份苏格兰威士忌 不加冰 – 好的 先生 |
[15:22] | Frasier, Niles. How nice. | Frasier Niles 真巧 |
[15:25] | Sir Trevor, this is Dr. Frasier Crane. | Trevor爵士 这位是Frasier Crane医生 |
[15:27] | – And his brother, Dr. Niles Crane. – It’s an honour. | – 还有他的弟弟 Niles Crane医生 – 很荣幸 |
[15:29] | Two of our city’s pre-eminent psychiatrists. | 他们都是西雅图杰出的精神病专家 |
[15:31] | – We’re huge fans. – Huge. | – 我们特崇拜您 – 特别崇拜 |
[15:33] | They’ve set up a table for us in the private room. Shall we? | 晚餐安排在了小包 我们过去吧 |
[15:36] | No, I’ll just finish this and be right along. | 不 等我喝完再过去 |
[15:39] | – Perhaps the two doctors will keep me company. – Oh. | – 也许两位医生能陪我一起 – 噢 |
[15:42] | I’d love to hear a psychological interpretation of the play. | 我很想听听对这部戏的心理学分析 |
[15:47] | All right, but don’t be too long. | 好吧 不过别让我们等太久哟 |
[15:50] | So, tell me, as students of the human psyche, | 那么 请两位人类心理的学者告诉我 |
[15:55] | did my character ring true? | 我的角色真实吗 |
[15:58] | Oh, oh yes. So true. | 哦 哦 是的 非常真实 |
[16:00] | I… I can honestly say I never saw a false moment. | 我 我能诚实地说 没有哪一瞬间是不真实的 |
[16:06] | Well, what about the third act? | 那第三幕呢 |
[16:08] | The play clearly has a third-act problem. | 很明显 这部戏第三幕有问题 |
[16:11] | Well, at least it has a third act, | 至少它还有第三幕 |
[16:12] | unlike “The Silent Echo” which really could have used one. | 不像<寂寞回声> 该有第三幕却没有 |
[16:19] | I quite agree. | 我完全同意 |
[16:20] | I did “The Silent Echo” in London last year. | 去年我在伦敦演了<寂寞回声> |
[16:24] | What did you think of the hat scene? | 你觉得帽子那场戏怎么样 |
[16:31] | The hat scene. Well… | 帽子那场戏 那个 |
[16:33] | You know, uh… the most important thing about the hat scene, | 呃 帽子那场戏最重要的地方 |
[16:36] | and I… I have to stress this… Oh dear God, is that clock right? | 我 我得强调 老天爷啊 那个表准吗 |
[16:39] | I have to call the sitter and tell her I’m going to be late, | 我得打给保姆告诉她我会晚回家 |
[16:40] | the children worry so. | 好担心孩子们 |
[16:44] | – Well, back to the play. – Right. | – 好吧 回到这个戏 – 对 |
[16:47] | Eh… well, you, of course, were brilliant. | 呃 您 当然了 表演得非常精彩 |
[16:50] | Oh, please, Dr. Crane, | 停停停 Crane医生 |
[16:52] | I just want your professional analysis of what you saw tonight. | 我只想听你对今晚所见的专业见解 |
[17:00] | Well, it… | 呃 那个 |
[17:03] | Of course, I could discuss subtext, | 我当然可以跟您讨论潜台词啦 |
[17:06] | metaphor and imagery with you, but… | 隐喻啦 比喻什么的 但是 |
[17:08] | you see, I… | 那个 我 |
[17:11] | I come to the theatre | 我走进剧院 |
[17:13] | to feel, | 是为了去感受 |
[17:15] | to be moved. | 为了被触动 |
[17:17] | And that’s exactly what happened to me tonight. | 这就是今晚这部戏给我带来的 |
[17:21] | Really? | 真的吗 |
[17:24] | When? | 是哪一刻 |
[17:32] | When? Well, let me… let me see. Uh… | 什么时候 那个 让我想想 呃 |
[17:35] | It, it… um… There was that, uh… | 那个 那个 呃 就是那个 呃 |
[17:40] | The gutting-the-fish scene. | 给鱼去内脏那一幕 |
[17:42] | You made the most heart-breaking gesture. | 您的姿态令人极度悲痛 |
[17:46] | Uh… it was, uh… you know, | 呃 那个 呃 就是那个 |
[17:51] | the one with your, with your hands. You… | 您的 您的手摆成 您 |
[17:56] | Oh! Oh, you mean, when I offer the fish to my son, | 哦 你是说 我把鱼送给我儿子 |
[18:01] | and he turns his back to me, and I reach out to him like this? | 但他背转身离去 而我把手像这样伸向他吗 |
[18:06] | Yes, it’s even more moving the second time. | 是的 第二次看甚至更令人感动 |
[18:10] | Well… | 那个 |
[18:12] | Who knows why a, a moment like that touches us so? But… | 谁知道为什么那一幕如此感动我 但 |
[18:17] | You see, that is your gift, Sir Trevor. | Trevor爵士 这就是您的天赋 |
[18:22] | You’ve given us | 您给予我们 |
[18:24] | hundreds of moments. | 成百上千的瞬间 |
[18:26] | Moments so real, so compelling, | 如此真实 令人叹服的瞬间 |
[18:31] | that we are revealed in their truth. | 我们在这些真实面前无所遁形 |
[18:36] | You don’t know how refreshing this is | 实在太振奋人心了你知道吗 |
[18:40] | to meet someone who doesn’t just come to the theatre | 能遇到你这样的人 不是仅仅去剧院走个过场 |
[18:42] | but who gives himself over to it. | 而是全身心地投入进去 |
[18:45] | That crowd in there, they only come because it’s fashionable. | 那边那么多人 过来只是为了跟风 |
[18:49] | They don’t care about art. | 他们才不在乎艺术 |
[18:51] | I can spot them at a glance. | 我瞥一眼就知道是什么样的人 |
[18:54] | The poseurs, the frauds. | 装逼犯 大忽悠 |
[18:57] | Oh, here comes your brother. | 哦 你弟弟回来了 |
[19:04] | Kids are fine. | 孩子们没事 |
[19:08] | Excuse me, Sir Trevor, | 不好意思 Trevor爵士 |
[19:10] | they’re waiting for you in the dining room. | 大家伙儿都在餐厅等您呢 |
[19:11] | Ah, very well. | 啊 好的 |
[19:13] | And thank you, Dr. Crane, for your integrity and your passion. | 谢谢 Crane医生 谢谢你的正直和热忱 |
[19:22] | You are the reason that actors act. | 你就是演员演戏的动力 |
[19:35] | I’m sorry I deserted you, but obviously you carried the day. | 抱歉我逃跑了 但显然你成功了 |
[19:38] | – Bravo! – Oh, yes, bravo for us! | – 好样的 – 是啊 我们俩都好样的 |
[19:43] | What do you mean? | 怎么了 |
[19:45] | Do you realize what we missed tonight? | 你知道我们今晚错过什么了吗 |
[19:48] | A potentially life-changing experience in the theatre. | 一次在剧院里改变一生的体验 |
[19:52] | And why? | 因为什么 |
[19:53] | Because we were too embarrassed to be seen in a cancellation line. | 就因为我们羞于被人看到在退票处排队 |
[19:58] | Well, admittedly, it was a bit shallow. | 的确 我们是有点肤浅 |
[20:01] | Yes, it was more than shallow, it was shameful. | 何止肤浅 我们简直可耻 |
[20:06] | You’re right. | 你说得对 |
[20:08] | What were we thinking, | 我们当时在想什么 |
[20:09] | kowtowing to a group of snobs like that? | 对那么一群势利小人唯命是从 |
[20:12] | We weren’t thinking. Come on, let’s get out of here. | 我们压根没用脑子 走 我们离开这里 |
[20:15] | Frasier Niles Frasier, Niles. | |
[20:17] | Oh, Susan, I’m so sorry, but we… we can’t stay. | 哦 Susan 对不起 那个 我们得走了 |
[20:20] | Oh, no. Sir Trevor will be so disappointed. | 不是吧 Trevor爵士会很失望的 |
[20:23] | He was quite taken with you. | 他可喜欢你了 |
[20:25] | Well, send him our apologies. | 那个 请代我们向他道歉 |
[20:28] | It really was wonderful to meet him. | 真的很荣幸能见到他 |
[20:30] | I know this is short notice, but if you’re free this weekend, | 抱歉没有提早通知 不过如果你们这周末有空的话 |
[20:34] | we’re having one of our Sunday brunches. | 可以来我们的周日早午餐会 |
[20:35] | Senator Logan is coming | Logan参议员会来 |
[20:37] | and Maria De Falco and the Whitneys… | 还有Maria De Falco和Whitney夫妇 |
[20:40] | – Just thank you, but I’m afraid we… – Oh, please try. | – 谢谢您 但恐怕我们 – 请再看看吧 |
[20:42] | I’ll hold it open for you. Check your books and let me know. | 我们会为你们留着位置的 查查日程表后再告诉我 |
[20:51] | Well, how’s that for irony? | 看看 多讽刺啊 |
[20:54] | Sunday brunch at the Kendalls’. | Kendall家的周日午餐会 |
[20:56] | An hour ago, we would have leapt at that invitation. | 一小时前 我们收到这个邀请肯定都跳起来了 |
[20:58] | Not anymore. | 再也不会了 |
[21:00] | We’ve got a damned sight too much integrity. | 我们眼里充满了正直 |
[21:07] | Although… | 不过 |
[21:11] | Are we being selfish? | 我们是不是有点自私了 |
[21:13] | – Possibly. How? – Here’s my thinking. | – 有可能噢 怎么讲 – 我是这么想的 |
[21:16] | Why do shallow people remain that way? | 为什么肤浅的人会一直肤浅呢 |
[21:18] | The lack of positive influence. | 因为没有正能量的影响 |
[21:21] | Perhaps our brand of integrity is just what that group needs. | 也许我们的正直正是那些人需要的 |
[21:23] | Yes! We can be like those politicians | 没错 我们可以像那些政治家一样 |
[21:24] | who try to change the system from within. | 尝试从内部改变格局 |
[21:26] | Exactly. And who knows? Maybe it’ll rub off on Senator Logan. | 正是 谁知道呢 没准我们还能影响到Logan参议员 |
[21:30] | He’ll bring it back with him to Washington. | 然后他会带回华盛顿 |
[21:31] | Well now we have to go. | 这样的话 我们必须得去了 |
[21:32] | Yes. What are you wearing? | 是啊 你打算穿什么 |
[21:33] | I’m gonna wear my new Prada suit. | 我打算穿我的新普拉达西装 |
[21:35] | Oh, you’re a fashion plate and a patriot. | 唔 你是时髦爱国一肩挑嘛 |