时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:09] | I just had the most wonderful time today. | 今天真是太开心了 |
[00:11] | Me too. It’s funny, isn’t it? We worked together all that time, | 对啊 真是的 我们一起共事了那么久 |
[00:15] | and we never dated before this. | 竟然从来没有约会过 |
[00:16] | – Well, anyway. I was… – Hey, Frasier. | – 其实我 – 嘿 Frasier |
[00:19] | – Nancy, hi. – Roz. | – Nancy 嘿 – Roz |
[00:20] | – Hi. – So are you back to work yet? | – 嘿 – 这么说你又回来上班啦 |
[00:22] | Almost. I start at KNFS tomorrow. | 算是吧 我明天到KNFS上班 |
[00:24] | So, Roz, Nancy and I are having coffee. | 那个 Roz 我们俩正在这儿喝咖啡呢 |
[00:27] | Oh, none for me, thanks. Listen, | 哦 我就不喝了 谢了 你好 |
[00:28] | can I have a fat-free muffin, please? | 我要一个无糖松饼 谢谢 |
[00:31] | Nancy, I’ve been dying to call you. | Nancy 我一直想给你打电话呢 |
[00:33] | My cousin just moved to town, | 我表弟刚搬过来 |
[00:34] | and I think he’d be perfect for you. | 我觉得你们俩特别合适 |
[00:36] | Actually, I just started seeing someone. | 那个 我现在见着一个呢 |
[00:39] | Well, you’ll forget all about him | 呵呵 你要是见了Chuck |
[00:40] | when you meet Chuck. | 肯定就把那个人踢一边儿去了 |
[00:41] | He is so handsome and rugged, and he loves the outdoors… | 他长得特帅 粗犷美 还喜欢户外运动 |
[00:46] | Kindly leave him there. | 那就让他在户外待着吧 |
[00:49] | You see, the person that Nancy is seeing is me. | 跟Nancy约会的人是我 |
[00:51] | Really? | 真的吗 |
[00:52] | – You two are dating? – Even as we speak. | – 你们俩在约会 – 现在就正在约着呢 |
[00:55] | Oh, my God. I am so sorry. Oh, well, good for you. | 哦 我天 不好意思啊 那 也挺好的 |
[00:59] | I mean, who needs Chuck when you’ve got the? | 真的 你哪还需要Chuck啊 你都有了 |
[01:01] | Well, the anti-Chuck. | 额 这么不Chuck的人了 |
[01:04] | When my muffin gets here, could you send it over? | 一会儿我的松饼来了 你让他们给我送到那桌去呗 |
[01:06] | You won’t even see it coming. | 快走不送 |
[01:10] | Well, where were we? | 我们刚才说到哪里了 |
[01:12] | I think you were about to ask me out again. | 你应该是准备再约我出去吧 |
[01:15] | Oh, my gosh. So I was. | 哦 老天 我就是这么想的 |
[01:16] | Well, let’s just see how far this ESP of yours goes. | 嗯 再试试你的超感应力还能猜出什么 |
[01:19] | What night was I thinking of? | 我想的是哪一天晚上呢 |
[01:21] | – Friday night. – Astonishing! | – 周五晚上 – 太惊人了 |
[01:24] | Busboy, clear these spoons before she starts bending them. | 服务员 快把勺子撤了 要不她就要用意念掰弯了 |
[01:28] | Frasier, I’m so glad you’re here. | Frasier 太好了 你也在 |
[01:30] | – Niles. – Oh, I’m sorry. Niles Crane. | – Niles – 哦 抱歉 我是Niles Crane |
[01:33] | I think we’ve met. Nancy Cavanaugh. | 我们之前好像见过 我是Nancy Cavanaugh |
[01:34] | I used to work at KACL. | 我以前在KACL工作 |
[01:35] | – Oh, of course. Talking business? – Well, actually, no… | – 当然了 在聊工作 – 其实不是 |
[01:39] | Oh, good. I was afraid I was interrupting something. | 那太好了 我还怕我打扰你们了呢 |
[01:42] | Feast your eyes on this. | 快来看看这个 |
[01:45] | Financial settlement? | 财产分割 |
[01:47] | Good Lord, Niles, you and Maris have come to terms? | 好家伙 Niles 你和Maris就要达成协议啦 |
[01:49] | What was that? I couldn’t hear over the angels singing. | 什么 我心中天使在唱歌 其他我啥也听不见了 |
[01:53] | Well, congratulations. Oh, that is exciting. | 恭喜恭喜 太激动人心了 |
[01:56] | My brother’s been going through a rather rancorous divorce. | 我弟弟正在打离婚官司 前弟妹不太配合 |
[01:59] | You must be very relieved. | 你肯定松了口气吧 |
[02:00] | I’ll say. It’s cost me a fortune already. | 是啊 这事已经花了我好多钱了 |
[02:02] | If she dragged it out any longer, I’d be literally bankrupt. | 她要是再拖下去 我真的就要破产了 |
[02:05] | Well, I’m sure you’ve got some celebrating to do, so off you go. | 那你肯定要去庆祝一下了 赶快去吧 |
[02:08] | I cannot wait until I am done with this. | 想想马上就要结束了 我太激动了 |
[02:10] | I have to sign, get her to do the same, | 我得赶快签字 然后催着她也签 |
[02:12] | and then I can take my seat on the freedom train. | 然后我就算是坐上通向自由的列车了 |
[02:14] | Well, all aboard! | 哈哈 都上车了吧 |
[02:19] | It’s a funny thing. One day, | 想想世事真是无常啊 某天 |
[02:20] | you’re starting a new relationship full of hope. | 你满怀希望地开始一段新的恋情 |
[02:23] | The next you’re sinking helplessly into a sucking pit of despair. | 接着你马上就陷入无助的绝望深渊里不能自拔了 |
[02:29] | Leaves you filled with the bitter bile of regret. | 留下的全部都是苦涩的悔恨 |
[02:32] | You’re on a date, aren’t you? | 你们俩正约会呢 对吧 |
[02:36] | – It’s hard to say at this point. – I am so sorry. | – 现在有点难说了 – 我真的很抱歉 |
[02:39] | Oh, it’s all right. I have to go anyway. | 咳 没关系 反正我也得走了 |
[02:42] | – It was nice seeing you again. – Yes, you too. | – 很高兴又见到你 – 我也是 |
[02:44] | – Frasier, I am so sor… – What the hell is wrong with you? | – Frasier 对不 – 你想咋的 |
[02:47] | Here we are. | 来 |
[02:49] | – We’re still on for Friday night? – Yes, of course we are. | – 我们周五还见吗 – 见啊 当然见了 |
[02:51] | You know, I was wondering, maybe we could just… | 我在想 也许我们可以 |
[02:54] | Have dinner at your place? | 去你家吃晚饭 |
[02:57] | Well, yes. | 哈 太对了 |
[02:58] | That’s amazing. You read my mind again. | 太厉害了 你又猜对我的心思了 |
[03:00] | Well, I just thought it would be more comfortable. | 嘻嘻 我只是觉得去你家会比较舒适 |
[03:02] | We could curl up on the couch, | 我们可以窝在沙发里 |
[03:03] | make a nice fire… | 壁炉里火苗正旺 |
[03:05] | Can you guess what I’m thinking now? | 你能猜到我现在在想什么吗 |
[03:08] | Oh, you are good, aren’t you? | 哦 你好厉害啊 |
[03:20] | – Hey, guys. – Hey there. | – 嘿 大伙 – 嗨 |
[03:22] | So who won the squash game? | 打壁球谁赢啦 |
[03:23] | Oh, Daphne, it’s not about winning or losing, | 哦 Daphne 输赢不是关键 |
[03:25] | – it’s about the thrill of competition. – Congratulations, Niles. | – 主要是竞技的快感 – 恭喜 Niles |
[03:27] | Thanks, Dad. | 谢了 老爸 |
[03:30] | Pumped as I was, I don’t think | 我跟打了兴奋剂一样 |
[03:31] | anybody could’ve beat me today, even an actual athlete. | 我觉得连专业运动员都赢不了我 |
[03:35] | – Sherry, Niles? – Yes, thank you. | – 来点雪莉酒 Niles – 好的 谢了 |
[03:37] | Maris and I have reached a financial settlement. | Maris我俩终于到了财产分割这一步了 |
[03:40] | Haha, that’s great! | 哈哈 太好了 |
[03:44] | This is wonderful. | 真是太好了 |
[03:46] | Well, as wonderful as the tragic ripping apart of two lovers | 呃 虽然两个曾经神圣结合在一起的爱人 |
[03:49] | once bound in a sacred union can be. | 就要分开了 |
[03:52] | – No, it’s brilliant, Dr. Crane. – Thanks, Daphne. | – 但是 太为你高兴了 Crane医生 – 谢谢 Daphne |
[03:55] | Oh, Daphne, as long as you’re doing the laundry, | 哦 Daphne 正好你要去洗衣服 |
[03:57] | – let me throw in my gym towel. – All right. | – 那帮我把健身毛巾也洗了吧 – 好的 |
[03:59] | You know, if you’ve got a couple of extra minutes, | 要是你还能再等我一会 |
[04:01] | I can also give you these squash togs. | 我把球服也给你吧 |
[04:03] | Oh, let’s save some of the fun for tomorrow. | 哎呀 咱留点乐趣给明天呗 |
[04:06] | What’s this? Cartier? | 这是啥 卡地亚 |
[04:09] | – Niles, did you put this in there? – No. | – Niles 是你放我包里的 – 没有 |
[04:12] | My goodness. Somebody must have slipped it in my bag | 天哪 肯定是我们在体育馆的时候 |
[04:13] | when we were at the court. | 有人放我包里的 |
[04:15] | That’s odd. I don’t remember anyone touching our things | 好奇怪 我不记得除了停车员和球童Jamie之外 |
[04:18] | other than the valet and Jaime, the squash porter. | 有谁动过我们的东西 |
[04:20] | Boy, you boys really work up quite a sweat down there, don’t you? | 我天 你俩在那儿真是没少下功夫啊 |
[04:24] | Oh, my goodness. Niles, look at this. | 哦 我的妈呀 Niles 快看 |
[04:27] | Cuff links! They’re beautiful. | 袖扣 真美啊 |
[04:30] | There’s a card in here. Let’s see. | 这有张卡片 我看看 |
[04:33] | “I still think of you constantly. | “我还是一直放不下你 |
[04:35] | I was wrong to ever let you go. | 当初我真不该让你离开 |
[04:38] | Do you believe in second chances?” | 你觉得我们能够重新开始吗” |
[04:39] | – It’s unsigned. – “Wrong to let you go.” | – 没有署名 – “真不该让你离开” |
[04:42] | It sounds like it’s from someone who dumped you. | 听着像是以前把你甩了的人 |
[04:45] | Well, that’s no short list now, is it? | 哦 那名单可就长了 是吧 |
[04:51] | You know, maybe it’s that Sonia woman he was going out with. | 可能是他之前约会的那个Sonia吧 |
[04:53] | – Yeah, wasn’t there a sister too? – And a niece. | – 对啊 不是还有她妹妹吗 – 以及她外甥女 |
[04:56] | Oh, yes, he went through that family like a recessive gene. | 哦 可不么 他简直是那一家子的遗传病 |
[04:58] | Yes, well… | 好吧 |
[05:00] | Not to disrupt the think tank, | 我不是想打断你们的集思广益 |
[05:02] | but there is an easy way to find out. | 不过我有更简单的办法 |
[05:03] | I’ll just make a few well-placed enquiries | 我只要有的放矢地做个小调查 |
[05:06] | and see where I get a nibble. | 就能知道是谁了 |
[05:09] | Oh, yes. | 哦 哼哼 |
[05:11] | There’s a group of people that might regret | 肯定有一群人都特别后悔 |
[05:13] | having left Club Frasier before last call. | 当初早早离开了Frasier俱乐部 |
[05:19] | Oh, yeah, Patricia. | 哼哼 Patricia |
[05:22] | And there’s, oh, Susan, yes. | 还有 哦 Susan 也有可能 |
[05:25] | Tatiana. Oh, boy… | Tatiana 哦 好家伙 |
[05:29] | Frasier, all during squash the whole thing you talked about | Frasier 刚打壁球的时候你一直在跟我说 |
[05:32] | was this wonderful new woman in your life. | 这个新出现的女人是多么的棒 |
[05:33] | now you’re just going to drop her to chase after someone else? | 结果你现在就打算丢下她去追别人了吗 |
[05:36] | I’m not dropping Nancy. I’m just… | 我没有丢下Nancy 我只是 |
[05:38] | – Weighing your options? – Well, all right. So, what if I am? | – 比较一下 – 对 好吧 要是我就是这么想的呢 |
[05:41] | I don’t believe this. | 太荒唐了 |
[05:43] | Niles, all of my life I | Niles 我这辈子都在想着 |
[05:44] | have dreamt of the day when I would be pursued | 有一天能有几个女人同时追求我 |
[05:46] | by more than one woman. What man hasn’t? For God sake. | 是个男人就会有这个念想吧 真是的 |
[05:48] | Do you blame me for enjoying it now that the day is here? | 这一天终于来了 我小得意一下怎么啦 |
[05:50] | All my whole life I had to | 我这辈子都在 |
[05:51] | listen to you whine about your dating woes. | 听你抱怨你的各种闹心约会 |
[05:53] | You have a chance for something good with Nancy. | 现在你跟这个Nancy极可能有个好的未来 |
[05:55] | You’re going to risk ruining it? | 你要眼睁睁地毁了一切吗 |
[05:56] | – You’re jealous, that’s what you are. – I am not jealous. | – 你这是嫉妒 反正你就是这样的人 – 我不是 |
[05:58] | – You’re being foolish. – Come on. Nonsense. | – 是你傻 – 得了吧 净说没用的 |
[06:00] | – Dad, don’t you agree? – Let’s ask Dad. Dad, what do you think? | – 爸 你说是不 – 咱问爸 老爸 你给评评理 |
[06:03] | Oh, no, don’t drag me into this. | 哦 可别 别把我牵扯进来 |
[06:05] | I learned when you were kids | 你俩小的时候 我就学会了 |
[06:06] | to stay out of it whenever you two started fighting. | 在你俩吵架的时候躲得远远的了 |
[06:09] | I’d just wait till the whole thing ended, usually in tears, | 我就等着你俩吵完了 眼泪汪汪的时候 |
[06:11] | and then I’d take you both out for ice cream. | 来带你俩去买冰淇淋吃 |
[06:14] | That was my job, ice-cream man. | 我就负责这事 我是冰淇淋老爸 |
[06:17] | Yeah, I suppose fathers are the same everywhere. | 是啊 看来全世界的爸爸们都一样 |
[06:20] | Mine couldn’t bear to see us fight. | 我爸也见不得我们吵 |
[06:22] | If there was so much as a peep out of us, | 我们一吵架 |
[06:23] | he’d be out the door to the pub, | 我爸就躲到酒吧去了 |
[06:25] | stay for a few hours, sometimes overnight. | 待上几个小时 有时候是一整晚 |
[06:28] | When they brought him back the next morning, | 然后等早晨他被人扶回来的时候 |
[06:30] | we couldn’t fight because of his headaches. | 头总是特别疼 我们就只好作罢 |
[06:34] | I suppose that was part | 我估计这算是 |
[06:35] | of his plan to keep harmony in the family. | 他维持家庭和睦的一个办法吧 |
[06:38] | God bless him. | 上帝保佑老爸 |
[06:41] | Oh, Daphne, wait up. I’ll ride down with you. | 哦 Daphne 等我一下 我跟你一起下楼 |
[06:44] | Frasier, you have a chance for something real with Nancy. | Frasier 你要珍惜你跟Nancy之间的火花啊 |
[06:47] | Only a fool would throw that away chasing after some… | 只有傻瓜才会不管不顾地去追求什么 |
[06:50] | – It’s here! – Oh, oh, wait for me. | – 电梯来了 – 哦哦 等等我 |
[06:51] | Pie in the sky. | 空中阁楼 |
[06:54] | What an idiot. | 你才是傻子 |
[07:01] | Tatiana? Frasier Crane calling. | Tatiana 我是Frasier Crane |
[07:04] | Yes, pick up if you’re there. | 要是在的话就接电话吧 |
[07:08] | Well, I guess I’ve missed you. | 嗯 我有点想你 |
[07:11] | The question is: | 问题是 |
[07:13] | Have you missed me? | 你有想我吗 |
[07:18] | – Oh, hi, Frasier. – Hi, Roz. | – 哦 嘿 Frasier – 嘿 Roz |
[07:21] | – Why so glum? – Why else? | – 怎么这么闷闷不乐的啊 – 还能因为什么啊 |
[07:24] | The weekend’s starting again, and I don’t have a date. | 周末要到了 我连个约会都没有 |
[07:27] | Do you know how long it’s been since? | 你知道有多长时间了吗 |
[07:30] | You know. I probably forgot how. | 我可能都不知道该怎么约会了 |
[07:33] | Oh, no, Roz. I’m sure it’ll come back to you. | 哦 别啊 Roz 不要气馁 |
[07:35] | It’s just like riding a bicyclist. | 这就像”驾驭”一个自行车手 学会就忘不了了 |
[07:37] | Bicycle. | 口误 是骑自行车 |
[07:42] | You’re in the same boat. Why don’t you come over, | 你还不是跟我一样 要不你过来吧 |
[07:44] | hang out with me and Alice? | 跟我和Alice过周末 |
[07:45] | I’ll rent a movie. We can order pizza. | 我们租张碟看 再买点比萨 |
[07:47] | I’d love to. Just, I’ve got a date today with Nancy. | 好啊 不过 我今晚跟Nancy有约了 |
[07:49] | – That’s still going on? – Yes. | – 你俩还在约会呢 – 对啊 |
[07:51] | As a matter of fact, we’re going out tonight on our third date. | 老实告诉你 今晚是我俩的第三次约会 |
[07:53] | You know the kind. It’s like one of your first dates. | 你懂的 就像你那些第一次约会 |
[07:58] | – Oh, ha, well, I gotta go. – All right. | – 哦 哈哈 我得走了 – 好的 |
[08:02] | You’re Dr. Crane, right? | 你是Crane医生对吗 |
[08:04] | Yes, I am. Can I help you? | 对 是我 有什么事吗 |
[08:05] | – A woman dropped this off for you. | 一位女士把让我这个交给你 |
[08:08] | Oh, my gosh. | 哦 老天爷 |
[08:10] | It must be another gift from my secret admirer. | 肯定又是我的那个神秘仰慕者 |
[08:12] | You’ve got a secret admirer? | 你还有个神秘仰慕者 |
[08:14] | Yes, I do. In fact, the other day | 对啊 就在前几天 |
[08:16] | she sent me these cuff links. | 她还送了我一对袖扣 |
[08:17] | At least, I think it’s the same woman. | 起码 我觉得是同一个女人 |
[08:19] | Unless a third person has thrown her hat into the ring. | 除非又有个女人准备出招了 |
[08:22] | Oh, my God. You have two women? | 天呐 你有两个女人同时抢你 |
[08:25] | – At least. – And you’re juggling them, | – 至少 – 你玩弄人家感情 |
[08:27] | and you’re getting jewelry? | 还有珠宝可收 |
[08:29] | Why is that so hard to believe? | 是有多难相信啊 |
[08:31] | Well, I guess since they cloned that sheep, anything’s possible. | 好吧 连羊都能克隆了 还有啥事不可能啊 |
[08:31] | 克隆羊多利是1996年7月5日出生的,而这一集是1998年11月5号播出, 所以时间线上来说算是新鲜事 | |
[08:36] | – Hey, Roz. Hey, Fras. – Oh, hey, Frasier. | – 嘿 Roz 嘿 Fras – 嘿 Frasier |
[08:40] | – Dad, Niles. – What is this? | – 爸 Niles – 这是啥 |
[08:41] | Oh, not another gift from your mystery woman. | 呀 不会是神秘女郎又送礼物了吧 |
[08:44] | Yes. Yes, indeed, it is. | 是啊 还真是 |
[08:47] | Oh, my God. | 哦 天呐 |
[08:48] | It’s a Patek Philippe pocket watch. | 是百达翡丽的怀表 |
[08:48] | 百达翡丽是一家始于1839年的瑞士著名钟表品牌,世界十大名表之首 是瑞士仅存的真正的独立制表商之一 | |
[08:51] | That is stunning! | 美艳绝伦啊 |
[08:53] | I almost bought one like that on my honeymoon. | 我度蜜月的时候差点也买了一块 |
[08:55] | Only, Maris thought it was too impractical | 只是 Maris觉得没什么用 |
[08:57] | so we got that glockenspiel instead. | 所以我们就买了一个钟琴 |
[08:57] | 钟琴又称为排钟击奏体鸣乐器。主要用于西洋管弦乐队的打击乐器 跟表比起来,更是个摆设 | |
[09:00] | So who do you think this stuff is from? | 你觉得这东西能是谁送的啊 |
[09:02] | Gosh, I haven’t smoked her out yet, | 嗯 我也还没弄清楚呢啊 |
[09:03] | but she certainly has exquisite taste. | 但她的品味真是好啊 |
[09:06] | Doesn’t have a bad eye for jewellry either. | 挑珠宝的眼光也很好 |
[09:10] | He was like this last night. | 他昨晚就这德行 |
[09:11] | It was all I could do to keep my beer down. | 我费好大劲才没把啤酒吐出来 |
[09:15] | Well, lookie there. | 快看那 |
[09:17] | No, no, no, Dad. | 别 别 别 爸 |
[09:19] | That’s Tina Dalton. | 是Tina Dalton |
[09:21] | We dated last summer. | 去年夏天我俩约会来着 |
[09:24] | And now, it turns out she’s | 现在呢 这个小玩意到我手上的时候 |
[09:26] | in the cafe just as this little bauble arrives. | 她正好也在咖啡馆里 |
[09:31] | Coincidence? I think not. | 巧合吗 不见得吧 |
[09:36] | Frasier, before you go over there… | Frasier 你过去之前 |
[09:38] | Niles, please. I’ve had enough of your finger-wagging. | Niles 求你了 我真受不了你总在这指手画脚 |
[09:40] | I am doing what any red-blooded American man would do. For God sakes. | 我就是想干点美国热血青年都会干的事 我去 |
[09:42] | There’s nothing wrong with playing the field. | 男人偶尔三心二意一次 也很正常啊 |
[09:44] | Looks like you’ve been eating the field. | 我看你是吃得三心二意 |
[09:45] | What did you have for lunch? | 你中午吃的什么啊 |
[09:47] | Pesto. Oh, my God. All right, I better go freshen up. | 香蒜酱 我天 我得去收拾收拾 |
[09:53] | Look at this mess. | 看这团乱糟糟的东西 |
[09:55] | You know, it’s too bad it’s not bubble wrap. | 要是气泡包装膜就好了 |
[09:58] | You don’t know what funny is until you see Eddie | 你要是没看过Eddie玩那东西 |
[10:00] | go at a sheet of that stuff. | 简直是人生一大损失 |
[10:04] | He gets all scared, runs away, | 它怕得要命 一下子就跑了 |
[10:07] | and then… screws up his courage and comes back again. | 然后 鼓足勇气之后又回来 |
[10:11] | And he runs away again. | 然后再跑 |
[10:15] | Yes, I watched him for an hour one time. | 有一次 我盯着它看了一小时 |
[10:18] | You know, it’s amazing how | 真不可思议 生活中的小事 |
[10:19] | entertained you can be by something so simple. | 能给你带来这么大的欢乐 |
[10:35] | Oh, my… | 哦 我了个 |
[10:37] | What is it? | 这是啥 |
[10:39] | This card that came with the gift, | 礼物里的卡片啊 |
[10:41] | Frasier must not have noticed it. | Frasier肯定是没看见 |
[10:43] | “Missing you every moment, my dear, sweet Niles.” | “每时每刻都在想你 我最亲爱的Niles” |
[10:49] | – Do you realize what this means? – Well, yeah. | – 你知道这是啥意思吗 – 当然了 |
[10:52] | You’re the one with the secret admirer. | 你才是那个有神秘仰慕者的人 |
[10:54] | And a pretty nice watch too! | 还有这块美翻的表也是我的 |
[10:59] | Well, I don’t get this. How could this happen? | 我有点懵 这怎么回事啊 |
[11:02] | Well, the other gift was left in Frasier’s squash bag, | 嗯 上次那个礼物放在Frasier的壁球包里 |
[11:06] | which is exactly like mine. | 那个包跟我的简直一模一样 |
[11:07] | And I guess today the waitress must’ve mistaken Frasier for me. | 今天应该就是服务员把我俩搞混了 |
[11:13] | – You don’t suppose it’s Daphne. – Yeah, she took the second job | – 你说能是Daphne不 – 能啊 她又找了一份 |
[11:16] | washing that old Mrs.Lumpkin’s hair | 帮Lumpkin老太太洗头的工作 |
[11:18] | just so she could give you Cartier. | 好攒钱给你买卡地亚啊 |
[11:21] | Besides, the note says it’s someone you’ve been with. | 而且 卡片上不是说你俩在一起过吗 |
[11:26] | There have been so few women since Maris. | Maris之后的女人很少 |
[11:28] | There were so few women before Maris. | Maris之前的女人也不多 |
[11:30] | – Hence, there was Maris. – I bet it is Maris. | – 好吧 就只有Maris – 我觉得就是她 |
[11:33] | You said you saw that watch on your honeymoon. | 你说你蜜月的时候看到过那块表 |
[11:35] | Oh, that’s… That’s absurd. | 哦 那 这也太荒唐了 |
[11:36] | Dad, we’re in the process of finalizing a divorce… | 爸 我俩都到离婚财产分割这步了 |
[11:39] | Excuse me, miss? | 打扰下一 小姐 |
[11:40] | Do you remember the woman who brought this box in? | 请问你还记得是哪个女人给你这个的吗 |
[11:42] | Yeah, she was a very well-dressed and really, really thin. | 记得 她穿着讲究 而且人非常 非常瘦 |
[11:46] | Well, that could be a lot of people. | 这也不一定是她啊 |
[11:48] | She just dropped off the gift and then ordered a whole-milk mocha | 她把礼物给我之后点了杯全脂摩卡 |
[11:51] | with whipped cream and chocolate shavings. | 加生奶油和巧克力粉 |
[11:53] | Oh, thank God. That’s not her. | 啊 感谢上帝 不是她 |
[11:55] | Yeah, it was really weird, though. | 不过她很奇怪 |
[11:57] | She took a really long whiff of it, and then just handed it back. | 她仔仔细细闻了一下之后就走了 |
[12:11] | Well, thank you, Marta, you’ve been very helpful. | 谢谢 Marta 谢谢你了 |
[12:15] | Well, turns out Schenkman dropped Maris, | 哼 Schenkman把Maris甩了 |
[12:17] | – and now she wants me back again. – Well, that was fun. | – 所以她想再挽回我 – 说来好笑 |
[12:20] | We had a little catching up to do, but it turns out | 我们聊了一会儿 但是她 |
[12:23] | she wasn’t the woman sending gifts. | 不是那个送礼物的人 |
[12:24] | Yeah, we know. The gifts are from Maris. | 嗯 我们知道了 是Maris送的 |
[12:28] | Maris is my secret admirer? | Maris是我的神秘仰慕者 |
[12:34] | – No, she sent them to me. – But they’re…? | – 不是 她是送给我的 – 但是他们 |
[12:37] | Schenkman dumped her and she wants me back. | Schenkman把她甩了 她想挽回我 |
[12:40] | How do you feel about this? | 你怎么想的啊 |
[12:41] | Well, frankly, I feel a little injured. | 嗯哼 坦白说 我有点受伤 |
[12:43] | I thought I had a secret admirer. | 我还真以为我有个神秘仰慕者呢 |
[12:46] | Well, no matter, I do have a date with Nancy tonight. | 不过 没关系 我今晚跟Nancy有约呀 |
[12:49] | You know, it’s our third date. | 我俩的第三次约会 |
[12:52] | I was talking to Niles. | 我是问Niles |
[12:55] | I guess I’ll just have to | 我还是去找Maris吧 |
[12:56] | go over and talk to Maris and set her straight. | 跟她谈谈 让她死了这条心 |
[12:59] | I don’t know if that’s a very good idea. | 这可不是个好主意 |
[13:01] | Well, I’m up to my ears in debt. | 咳 我现在一屁股债 |
[13:03] | I need her to sign this settlement. | 我需要她赶紧签字离婚 |
[13:04] | She’ll never do that if there’s hope | 如果她认为我俩有复合的机会 |
[13:06] | – of us getting together. – It just seems a little dangerous to me, | – 她是绝对不会签的 – 在我看来有点危险呐 |
[13:09] | confronting her when she’s so vulnerable, don’t you agree, dad? | 她这么脆弱的时候跑去打击她 你觉得呢 老爸 |
[13:11] | Don’t ask me. I’m just the ice-cream man. | 别问我 我是冰淇淋老爸 |
[13:14] | Well, thanks a lot. Listen. | 你真是帮大忙了 听我说 |
[13:15] | Niles, I think this whole pursuit of you | Niles 就是因为被Schenkman甩了 |
[13:17] | has been brought on by a panicked reaction | Maris一下子慌了 |
[13:19] | to Schenkman dumping her. | 才回过头来找你 |
[13:21] | You know, give her a few days, | 给她几天时间 |
[13:22] | she’ll probably realize that herself. | 她自己就会想清楚的 |
[13:23] | That’s the time when you should approach. | 到那时你再去跟她说离婚的事 |
[13:25] | I can’t wait. Do you have any idea | 我等不了了 她以为她花几个臭钱 |
[13:27] | how insulting it is that she thinks she can buy me back with trinkets? | 就能把我买回去吗 把我当什么了 |
[13:29] | Well, I am, I am THIS close to being free from her | 我马上就从她手里夺回自由了 |
[13:31] | financially and emotionally! | 财政上 精神上 |
[13:32] | I’m going to settle this right now. | 我必须现在就去把这事解决了 |
[13:33] | Niles, I just think you should wait. | Niles 我还是觉得你应该再等等 |
[13:37] | Oh, God. | 啊 老天爷啊 |
[13:39] | Well, he certainly dashed out of here in a hurry. | 他还真就这么冲出去了 |
[13:43] | I suppose that’s a good thing though. | 不过也不算是件坏事 |
[13:44] | Yeah, he’s not gonna back down. | 是啊 他不会再一味让步了 |
[13:46] | That, and he forgot these cuff links. I’ve got a date tonight. | 嗯 还有就是他忘了这对袖扣 而我今晚有约会 |
[13:55] | Oh, Daphne, thanks again for taking Dad over to Niles’ for me. | Daphne 谢谢你帮我带我爸去Niles那里 |
[13:58] | I mean, I would do it myself, but since you are going out… | 我本想自己去的 但是既然你要出去 |
[14:01] | I’m going to a party three floors down from here. | 我是要去楼下的派对 |
[14:06] | Oh, gosh, I’m so sorry. I had no idea. I didn’t mean for you | 哦 天 抱歉 我不知道 我不是想让你 |
[14:09] | to miss any of the fun. Dad, shake a leg. Daphne’s in a hurry. | 错过派对 爸 快点 Daphne还有急事呢 |
[14:14] | You know, frankly, I’m really glad he’s going over there. | 其实 他能过去看看挺好的 |
[14:16] | No idea what condition Niles will be in after confronts Maris. | 真不知道Niles下午和Maris谈得怎么样了 |
[14:19] | Yeah, it’s a shame about Dr. And Mrs. Crane. | 是啊 他俩也挺可惜的 |
[14:21] | It seems so difficult these days to make something last. | 现在什么都长久不了了 |
[14:25] | To find someone to grow old | 要找到一个一起白头的人真难啊 |
[14:26] | with and share all of life’s little details. | 真希望有一天我也能找到一个人 |
[14:29] | I only hope someday I’ll find that kind of intimacy. | 跟他分享生活里的点点滴滴 |
[14:31] | I’m sure you will, Daphne. | 一定会的 Daphne |
[14:33] | Daphne, where the hell is my scarf? | Daphne 我的围巾在哪儿 |
[14:35] | – In your sleeve where it always is. – Oh, all right. | – 一直都在你的外套袖子里啊 – 哦 对哈 |
[14:37] | Come on, let’s get going. There’s construction by the waterfront. | 快点 我们得走了 海边那儿施工呢 |
[14:40] | We’re not going that way, we’re taking my shortcut. | 我们不从那儿走 我知道条近路 |
[14:42] | I know your shortcuts, and the waterfront’s faster. | 我知道你的近路 走海边更快 |
[14:45] | Now, don’t start with me. | 别跟我争 |
[14:46] | Don’t you start with me, or I’ll leave you here. | 是你别跟我争 要不我就把你扔这儿 |
[14:48] | Oh, hi, how are you doing? Come on in. | 哦 嘿 你来啦 快进来 |
[14:51] | And we’re turning on my radio station in the car. | 一会听广播得听我喜欢的台 |
[14:53] | Fine. It’s better than listening to you talk. | 行 听什么也比听你叨叨强 |
[14:58] | – Is this a bad time? – No, no, no, that’s a bad time. | – 我来得不是时候吗 – 没没 是他俩走得不是时候 |
[15:01] | – Hi. – Hi. | – 嘿 – 嘿 |
[15:02] | Aw, you look sensational. | 哇 你好美啊 |
[15:04] | – Thank you. So do you. – Oh, thank you very much. | – 谢谢 你也不错呀 – 哦 谢谢啦 |
[15:06] | – Can I interest you in a glass of wine? – Perfect. | – 要不要喝一杯 – 好呀 |
[15:09] | – Lovely. – I’ve been here before, you know. | – 好的 – 我之前来过这儿 你还记得吗 |
[15:11] | Two years ago for your Christmas party. | 两年前你办的圣诞派对 |
[15:12] | – Really? – I don’t remember this chair. | – 是吗 – 不过我不记得有这个沙发 |
[15:15] | Oh, well, normally there’s something draped over it, my father. | 哦 那是因为窝在里面的人不见了 我爸 |
[15:20] | Oh, there’s a message on your machine. | 哦 你的答录机有一条未读留言 |
[15:22] | Must’ve come in while I was cooking dinner. | 肯定是我做饭的时候打进来的 |
[15:24] | I only mentioned it because I gave my secretary your number | 我把你的电话给了我的秘书 |
[15:26] | so she can call me about tomorrow morning’s conference | 让她打给我汇报一下明早会议的事 |
[15:28] | in case, you know, I don’t find my way home tonight. | 万一 我今晚要是不知道怎么回家的话 |
[15:30] | Oh, well, you just reverse the directions I gave you earlier… | 你就按我之前给你的路线原路返回呗 |
[15:41] | Feel free to check the machine if you like. | 你可以听一下留言啊 |
[15:43] | I’ll just go stir the risotto. | 我去再搅拌一下意大利饭 |
[15:47] | Frasier, this is Cheryl returning your call | Frasier 我是Cheryl |
[15:49] | and no, I didn’t send you anything. | 我没给你送什么礼物 |
[15:52] | I thought I told you when we broke up: | 我分手的时候不就跟你说明白了吗 |
[15:54] | It’s over. | 彻底结束 |
[15:57] | Boy, is that old message still on there? | 我天 这么久的留言还没删吗 |
[15:59] | Cheryl and I broke up so long ago, | Cheryl我俩早就分手了 |
[16:01] | – I can’t even remember when. – Friday, 6:51 p.M. | – 我都忘了是什么时候了 – 星期五下午6:51 |
[16:08] | I know it was a Friday. | 好像是个周五吧 |
[16:10] | Oh, well, we all have exes. | 没事 谁还没前任呢 |
[16:13] | As long as it’s over. It is over, right? | 只要结束了就行 是结束了吧 |
[16:15] | Oh, God, yes. It certainly is over. | 老天 当然了 彻彻底底结束了 |
[16:17] | Oh, Nancy, please. Here, come sit with me. | 哦 Nancy 过来坐 |
[16:20] | Listen, I want to tell you, I’m not interested in anyone but you. | 听我说 我想告诉你 除了你我对谁也不感兴趣 |
[16:30] | Perhaps I better get that. That could be your secretary. | 我还是接了吧 万一是你的秘书呢 |
[16:32] | Oh, let the machine get it. | 哦 让她留言好了 |
[16:35] | Frasier, it’s Denise. I don’t know how you got my number, | Frasier 我是Denise 我不知道你哪来的我的电话 |
[16:38] | but I’m not interested in dating you again. | 不过我没有兴趣跟你再约会了 |
[16:41] | Denise, haha, you prankster! | Denise 哈哈 你个捣蛋鬼 |
[16:46] | No. No, no. I won’t. | 不 不 下次不会了 |
[16:47] | No, absolutely not. I promise, never again. | 没 绝对不会了 我保证下不为例 |
[16:53] | Well, how about we have that dinner now? | 我们现在就开饭怎么样 |
[16:55] | I don’t believe this. | 太荒唐了 |
[16:56] | You have been calling other women for dates. | 你还打电话要约其他女人是吗 |
[16:59] | – How could you lie to me? – I didn’t lie. | – 你怎么敢这么骗我 – 我没有 |
[17:01] | Why would I lie to you? I have nothing to hide. | 我为什么要撒谎 我又没什么见不得人的事 |
[17:03] | Oh, let me get that. | 哦 我来接电话 |
[17:05] | Hello? | 喂 |
[17:06] | Yes, l… | 是的 |
[17:07] | Oh, yes, just a moment. | 哦 好 稍等 |
[17:10] | It’s your secretary. | 是你秘书 |
[17:12] | Hi, Gwen. Call me in the car in five minutes. | 嘿 Gwen 马上替我叫车 |
[17:14] | – I’m going home. – No. No, Nancy. | – 我要回家了 – 别 别 Nancy |
[17:16] | Nancy, please, please, please. Oh, please don’t be hasty. | Nancy 求你了 求求你 别急着走啊 |
[17:19] | I realize I’ve done something rather foolish. | 我知道我干了件愚蠢透顶的事 |
[17:22] | Just let me explain. | 可是你听我解释好吗 |
[17:23] | Nancy, look, the truth is I did call some women. | Nancy 我确实给几个女人打了电话 |
[17:27] | I guess I was feeling insecure, | 可能是因为我太没有安全感了 |
[17:29] | a little nervous about getting close to you. | 真跟你亲密起来 我又紧张了 |
[17:31] | I don’t blame you for being angry, | 你生气我不怪你 |
[17:33] | and I wouldn’t blame you if you wanted to leave. | 就算你现在要走我也不会怪你 |
[17:36] | It’s just that I think we really have something here. | 只是我觉得我们之间真的有火花的 |
[17:39] | Well, I thought we had something too. | 嗯 我也是这么觉得 |
[17:42] | I made a mistake. | 我是犯了错误 |
[17:45] | Give me another chance. | 请再我一次机会好不好 |
[17:47] | – Well, that risotto did smell good. – Okay. | – 你做的意大利饭闻着好香 – 那我们去吃吧 |
[17:52] | – Frasier. – Oh, Madeline. | – Frasier – 哦 Madeline |
[17:55] | I got that note you left under my door. | 我看到你塞进我门缝里的纸条了 |
[17:57] | I am so sorry about that. | 抱歉我不该那么做的 |
[17:58] | I was so happy to hear from you. | 你终于出现了我好开心啊 |
[18:01] | Really? | 真的吗 |
[18:03] | I was just thinking about you the other day. | 我前几天刚也在想你来着 |
[18:06] | You know, I don’t even remember why we stopped seeing each other. | 我都想不起来我们为什么分手了 |
[18:09] | What is go…? This again? | 怎么了 又来 |
[18:12] | – Look, this date is over. – Whoa, wait a minute. | – 听着 约会结束了 – 等下 等下 |
[18:14] | You slipped a note under my door, and you’re on a date with her? | 你在我门缝里塞纸条 然后你又跟她约会 |
[18:18] | Well, you heard her. Technically, this date is over. | 那 你听见了啊 理论上说 约会结束了 |
[18:23] | Don’t ever call me again. | 以后再也别给我打电话了 |
[18:25] | Or me, you freak! | 也别给我打 你个变态 |
[18:28] | Nancy, Madeline. Please, give me a second chance. | Nancy Madeline 求你们了 再给我一次机会呗 |
[18:31] | Either one of you. | 你俩谁给都行 |
[18:36] | So then Daphne takes a left on Madison. | 然后Daphne在麦迪逊大道左拐了 |
[18:38] | Bumper to bumper, all the way to Pike. Then a right on Pike. | 各种颠簸 一直开到派克街 右转 |
[18:41] | And what do you know? Kingdom traffic. So I say… | 接下来你猜怎么着 大堵车 于是我说 |
[18:44] | – Dear God, this is taking forever. – Exactly. | – 老天爷啊 真是没完没了啊 – 太对了 |
[18:46] | And here we are on 5th… | 于是我们到了第五 |
[18:48] | Wait, wait, don’t go away. I’m coming. | 稍等 别走 马上来 |
[18:51] | Oh, Frasier. | 哦 Frasier |
[18:52] | I have just had one of the worst experiences of my life. | 我刚经历了我这辈子最糟糕的时刻 |
[18:54] | You took Madison, don’t you? You’re as bad as Daphne. | 你也走的麦迪逊大道吧 你咋跟Daphne一样逊 |
[18:56] | – What you should’ve done, for God… – Oh, let it go! | – 其实你应该 看在上 – 哦 别说了行不行 |
[19:01] | Please come in. How was your date? | 快进来吧 你约会怎么样 |
[19:04] | Well, Nancy discovered that I had been pursuing other women. | Nancy发现我还在追别的女人了 |
[19:08] | – Well, how did she find that out? – It wasn’t hard. | – 她怎么发现的啊 – 也不难发现啊 |
[19:11] | You see, I pursued one during the date. | 我跟她约会的时候还追了一个 被抓了现行 |
[19:15] | – Well, I’m sorry. – Yeah, so am I, Fras. | – 我 我很抱歉 – 我也是 Frasier |
[19:18] | Well, thanks, guys. I just… | 谢了 伙计们 我只是 |
[19:21] | I should’ve listened to your advice, Niles. | 我真应该听你的建议的 Niles |
[19:23] | – How did things go with Maris? – I wish I knew. | – 你和Maris怎么样啊 – 我也想知道啊 |
[19:26] | I returned the gifts and | 我把礼物还给她了 |
[19:27] | told her there was no chance of reconciliation. | 告诉她我俩是不可能再和好了 |
[19:29] | She didn’t get mad. In fact, she was eerily calm. | 她没发疯 事实上她看起来镇静得可怕 |
[19:33] | She just stood there with a blank stare on her face, | 她只是两眼无神地站在那 |
[19:36] | rubbing her ocelot. | 揉着她的豹猫 |
[19:42] | You know, they got a cream for that. | 有一种药膏是专门用来揉猫的 |
[19:53] | You know, maybe she’ll come around. | 她可能会明白过来的 |
[19:55] | You’ve given her a lot to digest. | 你一下子给她那么多东西要消化 |
[19:59] | – Oh, no. – What is it? | – 哦 不是吧 – 这是啥 |
[20:03] | – Oh, dear God. – I don’t believe it. I… | – 哦 我的上帝啊 – 我真是不敢相信 我 |
[20:07] | I thought I made myself perfectly clear. | 我以为我已经说得很清楚了 |
[20:10] | What is wrong with that woman? | 那个女人到底怎么回事 |
[20:12] | Why don’t you start, Fras? I’ll jump in when you get hoarse. | 你先开始吧 Fras 你嗓子哑了我再上 |
[20:24] | Roses are red Your heart is fickle | 玫瑰是红的 可你的心却是无常 |
[20:26] | When I’m through with you All you’ll have left is this nickel | 等我玩儿完你的时候 你就只剩这个铜子儿了 |
[20:32] | Oh, no. | 啊 不是吧 |
[20:34] | – Oh, God, she’s going to ruin me. – No, no, Niles. | – 老天啊 她真是要毁了我啊 – 别 别 Niles |
[20:37] | You know, maybe she’s just bluffing. | 她可能就是吓唬吓唬你 |
[20:38] | Once she’s signed the financial settlement, it’s… | 只要她签了财产分割文件 就 |
[20:40] | She’s not bluffing. | 她没吓唬我 |
[20:43] | This is the financial settlement. | 这就是财产分割文件 |
[20:47] | Oh, Frasier, why did I go over there? Why didn’t I listen to you? | 哦 Frasier 我为什么要去啊 我为什么不听你的 |
[20:52] | And why didn’t I listen to you? | 我为什么不听你的呢 |
[20:54] | If I had, I’d be sitting with Nancy right now, | 如果我听了你的 这会儿我正跟Nancy窝在一起 |
[20:56] | sipping wine in front of the fire. | 在壁炉前喝喝小酒 |
[21:00] | I’ll be stripped clean and devoured like an animal. | 我会像个小动物一样被彻底扒光吃净的 |
[21:03] | And I won’t be. | 我肯定是没这机会了 |
[21:09] | All right, now. | 好啦 现在呢 |
[21:12] | Enough with these long faces. | 别再拉着脸了 |
[21:16] | Who wants ice cream? | 谁想吃冰淇淋啊 |