时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:08] | What a glorious day. | 多好的日子啊 |
[00:09] | Can’t help but put a bounce in one’s step, can it? | 每走一步都让人忍不住想蹦跶 |
[00:12] | If you’re gonna be cheerful, sit somewhere else. | 你要是这么开心就坐到别的地方去 |
[00:15] | – Damn it, I broke a nail. – Here. Here. | – 该死 我弄断了一个指甲 – 我来 我来 |
[00:18] | Oh, hello, Niles. | 你好 Niles |
[00:19] | If my life gets any worse, | 如果我的生活再糟一点 |
[00:21] | I’m phoning hell to ask about their exchange program. | 我就要求去地狱交换生活 |
[00:25] | Well, lucky me. I stumbled in at happy hour. Here. | 幸运的我 正困在快乐的时光里 给你 |
[00:29] | So, Niles, Maris at it again? | Niles 又是因为Maris吗 |
[00:32] | Oh, worse. | 这次更糟 |
[00:33] | And it’s so depressing I can barely talk about it. | 我已经沮丧到说不下去了 |
[00:36] | My Gourmet Club is holding elections | 我的美食家俱乐部正在举行 |
[00:38] | to see who will win this year’s Golden Apron… | 今年的金围裙奖选举 |
[00:41] | Wait, I can see I’m gonna need a hanky for this. | 等一下 我觉得有必要准备条手帕 |
[00:44] | Latte, please. To go. | 拿铁外带 谢谢 |
[00:47] | Normally, the finalists compete by giving lectures. | 通常决赛的内容是演讲 |
[00:50] | I’d written mine. | 我已经写好了 |
[00:51] | A waggish look at food fads of yesteryear entitled: | 以诙谐的视角观察去年的饮食时尚 |
[00:53] | “Fondue:What Were We Thinking?” | 题目叫<芝士火锅 我们在想啥呢> |
[00:56] | Suddenly last night, disaster. | 但昨晚发生了悲剧 |
[00:58] | Someone proposed that instead of lecture, | 有人提议今年的决赛不要演讲 |
[01:00] | this year’s finalists should compete by hosting dinner parties in their homes. | 而以在家举办晚宴的形式比赛 |
[01:04] | So why don’t you invite them all over and cook them a meal? | 那你为什么不请他们过来 给他们做顿饭 |
[01:07] | At the Shangri-La? | 在香格里拉吗 |
[01:09] | I can’t tell the cream of Seattle’s gourmet set | 我不能让西雅图美食家群体中的精英 |
[01:11] | that I’ve moved out of the Montana | 知道我从蒙泰娜搬出来 |
[01:12] | and into that gulag with a game room. | 住进一个有游戏室的集中营 |
[01:15] | I’ll just have to drop out of the race. | 我只能从比赛中退出了 |
[01:17] | Let’s not be hasty. | 别急着做决定 |
[01:18] | Let’s give this some thought. | 咱们再好好想想 |
[01:20] | Every problem has a solution. | 每个问题都有解决的办法 |
[01:22] | Do you call that a problem? | 这也算问题吗 |
[01:23] | A problem is when your kid | 真正的问题应该是你的孩子 |
[01:25] | keeps you up three nights in a row with colic, | 因为疝气让你连续三个晚上睡不了觉 |
[01:27] | and you’re so burnt out that you rear-end a Lexus | 你精疲力尽 以致追尾了一辆雷克萨斯 |
[01:30] | with four passengers, each and every one a lawyer. | 车上有四个乘客 每一个都是律师 |
[01:34] | So you’ll probably be sued | 你很可能被起诉 |
[01:35] | and spend the rest of your working life, | 你今后所有的工作时间 |
[01:37] | if you ever even get a job, | 如果你还能有一份工作的话 |
[01:39] | lining the pockets of four blood-sucking, | 所挣的钱都会被那四个吸人血 |
[01:41] | whiplash-faking fat cats. | 搞碰瓷的有钱人榨走 |
[01:44] | That’s what a problem is. | 这才叫做问题 |
[01:46] | Can you have it at a restaurant? | 你能在饭店举办吗 |
[01:48] | It’s against the rules. | 这违反规定 |
[01:49] | – Thanks for the sympathy. – Well, I… | – 谢谢你们的同情 – 我 |
[01:52] | Sympathy for what? | 同情什么 |
[01:53] | Oh, I don’t know. She broke a nail. | 我也不知道 她折断了一个指甲 |
[01:56] | Anyway, Niles, try as I might, | 不管怎样Niles 我尽力想了 |
[01:57] | I can’t think of a single thing. I’m sorry. | 什么都想不出来 非常抱歉 |
[01:59] | Well, don’t blame yourself. | 别责怪你自己 |
[02:01] | You can blame Claudia Kynock. | 你可以责怪Claudia Kynock |
[02:03] | The whole dinner scheme was her greedy notion. | 整个晚宴的计划都是她贪婪的妄想 |
[02:05] | Claudia Kynock? Kevin’s widow? | Claudia Kynock Kevin的遗孀 |
[02:07] | Can you believe it? | 你能相信吗 |
[02:08] | She owns six newspapers and nine radio stations. | 她拥有六家报社和九个电台 |
[02:11] | She’ll still cadge a free | 但她蹭白食的速度还是比 |
[02:12] | meal faster than that bulbous cartoon fellow | 大力水手中那个狂吃汉堡的 |
[02:15] | who mooches hamburgers from Popeye. | 球根状卡通人物要快 |
[02:18] | – I know I must sound… – Wimpy. | – 我知道我听起来一定很 – 懦弱 |
[02:19] | And whiny too, but I just… | 而且爱发牢骚 但是我就是 |
[02:23] | I wanted this. And after the year I’ve been through, | 我想赢 我忍耐了这么多年 |
[02:26] | I needed something to restore my pride, | 我需要些什么来重塑我的骄傲 |
[02:28] | my dignity, my manhood. | 尊严和男子气概 |
[02:32] | That Golden Apron could do it. | 金围裙可以帮我得到这些 |
[02:35] | And you are going to have it. | 你会得到的 |
[02:37] | You can have the dinner party at my house. | 你可以在我家举办晚宴 |
[02:39] | – You mean it? – Yes. | – 你认真的吗 – 是的 |
[02:40] | I tell you what, I’ll rent an extra-large table, | 我会租一个超级大的桌子 |
[02:42] | and share in the hosting chores. | 替你分担工作 |
[02:43] | You are a saint. | 你简直是圣人 |
[02:45] | I did note you only offered after you found out our club includes | 我不禁注意到你愿意帮忙是发现 |
[02:48] | a rich station owner who could give you a job. | 俱乐部里有提供工作机会的电台老板 |
[02:49] | Well, Niles, I must say I’m hurt. | Niles 不得不说我很受伤 |
[02:51] | I offer out of the goodness of my heart, | 我好心好意提供帮助 |
[02:53] | you make me sound like an shallow opportunist. | 你说得我像是个肤浅的投机者 |
[02:55] | I’m sorry. How can I make it up to you? | 对不起 我怎样才能补偿你 |
[02:56] | Well, I don’t know. Seat me next to someone interesting. | 不知道 安排我和有趣的人坐在一起 |
[02:59] | Oh, Claudia, perhaps. | Claudia也许行 |
[03:00] | Yes, why not? | 是的 为什么不 |
[03:01] | Put her on my left. It’s my best side. | 让她坐我左边 我左边长得好看 |
[03:08] | He actually marked the bottle so he’d know if you took some? | 他真的在瓶子上做标记防止你偷用 |
[03:12] | Yeah. Then he marched into | 是的 然后他冲进我的房间 |
[03:13] | my room and confronted me with the evidence. | 拿着证据跟我对质 |
[03:15] | I said, “All right, if you want to be such a miser, then fine. | 我说”好吧 如果你想做守财奴 |
[03:18] | I’ll buy me own bath salts.” | 我没意见 我自己买浴盐” |
[03:24] | Oh, hi, Pam. I didn’t know you were here. | 你好Pam 我不知道你来了 |
[03:27] | I told you this morning she was coming by. | 我今早刚告诉过你 |
[03:29] | Must have slipped my mind. Well, don’t you look nice tonight? | 我忘了 你今晚看起来很迷人 |
[03:32] | You too, Martin. I love your sweater. | 你也是 Martin 我喜欢你的毛衣 |
[03:34] | Yeah, pretty cheerful, huh? | 是的 看起来很有喜感 对吧 |
[03:36] | You know, not everyone can wear these colours. | 不是每个人都能驾驭这些颜色 |
[03:38] | It helps if you’re a matador. | 如果你是斗牛士的话还挺有用 |
[03:41] | Come on, we don’t want to be late for the movie. | 走吧 咱们看电影要迟到了 |
[03:43] | Oh, can I freshen up first? | 我可以先去整理一下吗 |
[03:44] | Oh, yeah, yeah, right through there. | 当然 就在那儿 |
[03:52] | You dirty old man. | 你这个下流的老头 |
[03:55] | Flirting with a girl her age. | 和这种年纪的女孩调情 |
[03:58] | Well, she was flirting right back. | 她也跟我调情了 |
[03:59] | I saw her give me the once-over. | 我看见她打量了我呢 |
[04:01] | Yeah, she looked once and it was over. | 对 她看了一眼就没戏了 |
[04:04] | You never acted this silly with any of me other girlfriends. | 你在我其他的女朋友面前没有这么傻 |
[04:07] | – What’s so special about Pam? – Oh, nothing. | – Pam有什么特别的 – 没什么 |
[04:09] | She’s just young and friendly, | 她年轻又友善 |
[04:11] | and she reminds me of the girls I used to date | 让我想起了在战争时期 |
[04:13] | back during the war. | 我交往过的一个女孩 |
[04:15] | What, you mean Korea? | 什么 你指的是韩国 |
[04:16] | Mr. Crane, it’s not dating when you’re an occupying force. | Crane先生 如果你是占领军那就不叫交往 |
[04:21] | Well, just ask her if she’s interested. | 就帮我问问她有没有兴趣 |
[04:23] | Have you lost your mind? | 你疯了吗 |
[04:24] | Hey, the gals in Pyeongchang | 嗨 过去平昌的女孩 |
[04:25] | used to think I was pretty damn cute. | 都觉得我特别帅气 |
[04:27] | Yeah, well, this is a bit different. You’re not 21. | 现在不一样了 你不再是21岁了 |
[04:29] | And her village hasn’t just burned down. | 而她家也没被夷为平地 |
[04:33] | You’re not gonna get her with a kind smile and a Hershey bar. | 她不会因为微笑和好时巧克力而上钩 |
[04:36] | Oh, just ask her, okay? | 问问还不行吗 |
[04:38] | This explains that so-called mix-up with those mail-order videos. | 这解释了所谓的”邮购录像带弄混了” |
[04:42] | Mistake, my fanny. You ordered The Joy Luck Club. | 意外才怪 就是你订了<喜福会> |
[04:48] | – Oh, hi, Dad, Daphne. – Hey, you guys. | – 你好 爸爸 Daphne – 大家好 |
[04:50] | Pam, nice to see you. | Pam 很高兴见到你 |
[04:51] | Hi. Hello, Niles. | 嗨 Niles你好 |
[04:52] | – All right, we’re off. Good night. – Good night. | – 好了 我们走了 晚安 – 晚安 |
[04:54] | Pam, an-nyong-hi kye-se-yo. | Pam 请慢走哟 |
[04:57] | Just keep moving. | 快走吧 |
[05:01] | What’s with Dad? | 爸爸怎么了 |
[05:02] | It’s a Korea thing. Don’t ask. | 韩国情结 别问了 |
[05:06] | Oh, my gosh. | 我的天啊 |
[05:08] | He said yes. I’ve got him. | 他同意了 我搞定他了 |
[05:10] | That was a message from Marcel DuBoeuf. | 那是Marcel DuBoeuf的留言 |
[05:12] | He’s agreed to cater my dinner for My Gourmet Club. | 他愿意承办我的美食家俱乐部晚宴 |
[05:14] | – Oh, Niles, that is a coup. – Who? | – Niles 这太好了 – 谁 |
[05:16] | Marcel DuBoeuf, Dad. | Marcel DuBoeuf 爸爸 |
[05:17] | He’s the famous sculptor turned chef. | 他是一个转行做厨师的著名雕刻家 |
[05:20] | Each plate is a work of art. | 每一盘菜都是一件艺术品 |
[05:22] | He’s doing his all-truffle menu. | 他在打造全松露菜单 |
[05:24] | For the appetizer he sculpts tiny mushroom trees, | 他雕刻了小蘑菇树作为开胃菜 |
[05:27] | then he carves radishes | 还把小萝卜雕刻得像 |
[05:28] | to look like truffle pigs snuffling around the roots. | 在树根处寻找松露的猪 |
[05:32] | Maybe I should do that for Eddie. | 或许Eddie也可以有这样的待遇 |
[05:33] | I could mould his Alpo into a cow. | 我可以把他的狗食塑成奶牛的形状 |
[05:37] | That reminds me… | 这提醒了我 |
[05:37] | I got him Sonics tickets. | 我已经给他买了超音速队的票 |
[05:39] | Bless you. | 太谢谢你了 |
[05:40] | And did I mention they are predicting | 我有没有说过 他们预测 |
[05:42] | meteor showers for that evening? | 那天晚上会有流星雨 |
[05:44] | So not only will I have a great meal in a perfect setting… | 所以我不仅会布置完美的一餐 |
[05:46] | Niles Niles. | |
[05:47] | But I’ll have nature itself putting on a show for us. | 大自然也会为我们表演 |
[05:50] | Oh, we’ll have an excellent view from right… | 绝佳的风景就在 |
[05:58] | Dear God, what’s that? | 上帝啊 那是什么 |
[05:59] | It’s a small crack. | 只是一条小裂缝 |
[06:00] | A little bird flew into it the other day. | 之前有只鸟撞上去了 |
[06:01] | I’m replacing the pane next week. | 我下周就会把玻璃换了 |
[06:03] | Next week? Well, that’s too late. | 下周 太晚了 |
[06:04] | It’s a piece of tape. No one will even notice. | 就一小片胶带 没人会注意到 |
[06:06] | Well, you have no idea how cutthroat my rivals are. | 你不知道我的对手有多么凶残 |
[06:09] | They will leap on the tiniest imperfection. | 他们会死死揪住微不足道的瑕疵 |
[06:11] | Last night, Sebastian Melmoth threw a lavish Japanese banquet. | 昨晚Sebastian Melmoth举办了日本料理盛宴 |
[06:14] | A certain rival spent the entire evening | 而他的一个对手整晚都在 |
[06:16] | carping about how the obis on the geishas’ kimonos were improperly tied. | 批评艺妓和服上的腰带系得多不合适 |
[06:20] | – A certain rival? – All right, me. | – 一个对手 – 好吧 就是我 |
[06:23] | He had geishas? | 他请了艺妓 |
[06:26] | That’s enough, Dad. | 闹够了 爸爸 |
[06:29] | Well, I’ll just have to have the party somewhere else. | 好吧 我只能在别的地方举办晚宴了 |
[06:32] | But, Niles, you promised you’d have it here. | Niles 你答应了晚宴在这里举办 |
[06:34] | You promised me Claudia Kynock. | 你答应给我Claudia Kynock |
[06:35] | Nobody’s gonna notice that window | 没人会注意那扇窗户的 |
[06:37] | And besides, who else is gonna loan you their place? | 而且谁还会借给你地方 |
[06:39] | It’s not like you can ask Maris. | 你又不能问Maris |
[06:42] | I don’t have to ask her. She’s out of the country. | 我不必问她 她出国了 |
[06:46] | She’s in Antwerp having her elbows done. | 她去安特卫普做肘部整形手术了 |
[06:51] | She has that stunning beach house. | 她有一处极好的海景房 |
[06:54] | I can get past the alarm. | 我可以绕过警报系统 |
[06:55] | Isn’t that breaking and entering? | 那不是私闯民宅吗 |
[06:57] | Oh, pish. It can’t be a crime if it’s catered. | 呸 如果是承办晚宴就不算犯罪 |
[07:02] | Oh Niles I hope you have a lovely time. | Niles 希望你玩得开心 |
[07:03] | Don’t sulk.Frasier,You can still come. | 别生气Frasier 你还可以过来 |
[07:05] | I’ve gotta start planning. | 我要开始做计划了 |
[07:06] | Wait until you see this place. It’s right on the beach. | 等不及让你看那个地方了 就建在海滩上 |
[07:09] | It’s ideal for viewing the meteor shower. | 是看流星雨绝佳的选择 |
[07:12] | Maybe Chef Marcel can make your truffles | 也许你可以让Marcel大厨把松露 |
[07:14] | look like little meteors zooming around the plate. | 做成在盘子里到处飞的小流星形状 |
[07:18] | We make fun of him, | 虽然我们经常取笑他 |
[07:19] | but every now and then he has a fantastic idea. | 但他时不时还是有好主意的 |
[07:28] | I hope you’re right about the alarm code, Niles. | 希望你没记错警报系统的密码 |
[07:30] | People do change them. | 人们有时爱改密码 |
[07:31] | Maris will never change this one. | Maris绝不会改这个 |
[07:33] | It’s her ideal weight. | 这是她的理想体重 |
[07:35] | What she weighed at her debutante ball. | 就是她参加名媛舞会时的体重 |
[07:37] | Let’s see, this many pounds and that many ounces. | 让我想想 这么多磅加上这么多盎司 |
[07:40] | Good Lord, no one could weigh that and live. | 我的天啊 那么轻还能活吗 |
[07:43] | Maris Maris! | |
[07:45] | Oh, no, not her. | 哦 不 别是她呀 |
[07:47] | Neighbour? | 邻居 |
[07:48] | Yes. Gretchen Koontz. | 是的 Gretchen Koontz |
[07:50] | The old girl has been smitten with Maris | 那个老姑娘自从在Maris的女子精修学院 |
[07:52] | ever since she taught falconry at Maris’ finishing school. | 教授驯鹰术以来就一直受Maris的折磨 |
[07:54] | Now, here, put these in water. I’ll get rid of her. | 给你 把它们养在水里 我去摆脱她 |
[07:56] | Maris, liebchen, is that you? | Maris 亲爱的 是你吗 |
[08:01] | – Oh, Dr. Crane. – Hello, Gretchen. | – Crane医生 – 你好 Gretchen |
[08:04] | I’m surprised to see you here. | 看到你我很意外 |
[08:06] | When last I spoke to Maris, | 我上次跟Maris聊天的时候 |
[08:08] | she said your marriage had come to a timely end. | 她说你们的婚姻已经适时地走到了尽头 |
[08:13] | Yes, well, it’s all patched up now. We couldn’t be happier. | 但是我们现在和好了 我们非常幸福 |
[08:17] | In fact, that’s Maris in the kitchen now. | 事实上Maris正在厨房里 |
[08:19] | We’re terribly busy. I’ll be right with you, muffin. | 我们非常忙 我马上就来 甜心 |
[08:21] | – But I’ll tell her you looked in. – Do. | – 我会告诉她你来过了 – 一定要 |
[08:23] | Ask her to stop by. | 请她有空过来 |
[08:25] | My wolfhound had puppies. | 我的猎狼犬生小狗了 |
[08:33] | – Let’s get some lights on. – Yes. | – 开灯吧 – 好 |
[08:36] | – Good Lord, what the hell is that? – What? | – 天啊 那是什么玩意 – 什么 |
[08:38] | Oh, Maris had it made after she lost power in a storm. | 那是一次暴风雨停电后Maris定做的 |
[08:40] | Battery operated. It works on a clapper. | 电池供电 拍掌声控 |
[08:42] | So you can find it in the dark. | 这样在黑暗中也可以找到它 |
[08:44] | Only problem was, try as she might, | 唯一的问题是 虽然她尽力了 |
[08:46] | the poor thing could never clap hard enough to activate it. | 她拍掌的力气从来都点不亮灯 |
[08:51] | Oh, Niles, this view is breathtaking. | Niles 这里的风景太摄人心魂了 |
[08:55] | You know,with a setting like this and Chef Marcel in the kitchen, | 这样的环境 加上Marcel大厨 |
[08:57] | I think that Golden Apron is as good as yours. | 我觉得金围裙已经是你的了 |
[09:07] | What is that revolting smell? | 那股恶心的味道是什么 |
[09:10] | It smells like it’s coming from the beach. | 闻起来像是从海滩飘来的 |
[09:13] | It’s like garbage or rotting fish or… | 像是垃圾或是烂鱼或是 |
[09:15] | Or a dead seal. | 或是死掉的海豹 |
[09:16] | No, it’s more like a rendering plant. | 不 更像是炼油厂 |
[09:17] | No, Niles. There’s an extremely large dead seal | 不 Niles 这条小船旁边 |
[09:19] | right by this dinghy. | 有一头超级大的死海豹 |
[09:21] | Oh, dear God! | 我的天啊 |
[09:26] | You know, on the bright side, | 不过乐观一点来看 |
[09:28] | there’s not a single crack in these windows. | 这些窗户上可一点瑕疵也没有 |
[09:34] | Yes, animal control? | 动物管理中心吗 |
[09:36] | A large seal washed up on my property. | 一头大海豹被冲到了我的私人领地上 |
[09:37] | I need you to come and remove it right away. | 我希望你们立刻过来把它移走 |
[09:40] | Its condition? It’s deceased. | 它现在的情况 它已经死了 |
[09:44] | And might I add, pretty damn pungent | 再补充一点 味道非常刺鼻 |
[09:46] | so if you’ll just get over… | 所以请立即过来 |
[09:48] | What? What? Well, you’re not serious. | 什么 什么 你开玩笑吧 |
[09:51] | He says they only handle live seals. | 他说他们只管活的海豹 |
[09:53] | What kind of policy is that? | 这算什么规定 |
[09:55] | Well, if it were alive, I wouldn’t need you. | 它要是活的我也用不着你们 |
[09:57] | I could just scare it away myself. | 我自己就能把它吓走 |
[10:00] | I’d pay to see that. | 我倒想看看那一幕 |
[10:04] | Oh, wait. I was mistaken. | 等一下 我弄错了 |
[10:05] | It’s not dead after all. It’s sitting up. | 它其实还没死 它坐起来了 |
[10:07] | It looks very disoriented. Come quickly. | 它看起来晕头转向 你们快过来 |
[10:10] | Give me that. Give it. | 我来说 给我 |
[10:12] | Hello, this is Frasier Crane. | 你好 我是Frasier Crane |
[10:13] | You may remember me from my radio show. | 你也许听过我的广播节目 |
[10:15] | Oh, yes, that should send the seal mobile racing over here. | 对呀 报你的名字 运海豹机就送来了 |
[10:20] | And just how do you suggest that we dispose of a dead seal? | 那就告诉我们怎么处理死海豹 |
[10:24] | I see. | 我知道了 |
[10:25] | I see. Charming. | 我知道了 很好 |
[10:29] | Well, we have two options. | 我们有两个选择 |
[10:31] | We can either bury it or haul it out to sea, | 埋了它或者把它拖到海里 |
[10:33] | in which case he suggests that we stab some holes into it. | 如果扔到海里 他建议在它身上刺一些洞 |
[10:36] | Stab holes in it? | 刺洞 |
[10:38] | To make it less buoyant. | 减少浮力 |
[10:40] | It would certainly make me less buoyant. | 肯定会让我感觉沉重 |
[10:43] | Well, we’ll have to bury it. | 我们得埋了它 |
[10:44] | – Help me find a shovel. – Right. | – 帮我找把铲子 – 好 |
[10:49] | Oh, no, that’s Chef Marcel. If he finds out what’s out there, | 不 那是Marcel主厨 如果被他发现了 |
[10:51] | he will walk. | 他会离开 |
[10:52] | Over a dead seal? | 因为一头死海豹 |
[10:54] | He won’t let anything upstage his food. | 他不会让任何东西影响他的食物 |
[10:56] | He stormed out of Kate York’s christening party | 他在Kate York的洗礼宴会上因为 |
[10:58] | over an ill-timed diaper change. | 不合时宜的换尿布行为而拂袖离去 |
[10:59] | – Look, you let him in. – Right. | – 你让他进来 – 好 |
[11:01] | – I’ll find a shovel. – Okay. | – 我去找铲子 – 没问题 |
[11:05] | Chef Marcel, this is indeed an honour. | Marcel主厨 我太荣幸了 |
[11:07] | I’m Frasier, Niles’ brother. | 我是Frasier Niles的哥哥 |
[11:09] | Where is my kitchen? | 我的厨房在哪里 |
[11:11] | It’s right through there. | 就在那儿 |
[11:14] | What is that smell? | 那是什么味道 |
[11:16] | What smell? | 哪有味道 |
[11:17] | Is there a baby here? | 有婴儿在这儿吗 |
[11:21] | No. I mean, yes. | 没有 我是说 有 |
[11:23] | Well, there was a baby, but it’s gone now. | 刚才有个婴儿 不过它已经走了 |
[11:25] | – And we can air the place out. – Do. | – 我们可以通风 – 马上做 |
[11:31] | All right, let’s do this. | 好 咱们快点行动吧 |
[11:33] | Quick, quick, quick, quick, quick. | 快 快 快 快 快 |
[11:39] | What’s the matter, Niles, you couldn’t find any demitasse spoons? | 怎么Niles 你找不到咖啡勺吗 |
[11:43] | I’m sorry. This is all we have. | 对不起 这儿只有这个 |
[11:44] | Niles,for God sake.It’ll take us until doomsday with these things. | 上帝啊 用这个咱们永远做不完 |
[11:47] | Let’s just stick it into the dinghy and haul it out to sea. Come on. | 把它直接塞到船上拖进海里吧 来吧 |
[11:49] | I’m not touching that with my bare hands. | 我才不要直接用手碰它 |
[11:51] | All right, just go get a sheet or something to wrap it in. | 好吧 找条床单什么的把它裹起来 |
[12:03] | Poor noble creature. | 可怜又高贵的东西 |
[12:05] | At least in death, you’ve achieved a kind of tragic dignity. | 至少在面对死亡时 你有着悲剧性的尊严 |
[12:10] | We can wrap it in this. | 我们可以用这个裹它 |
[12:13] | Quick, quick, quick, quick. | 快 快 快 快 |
[12:14] | A peach peignoir? | 桃色睡袍 |
[12:16] | Yes, and I found perfume. | 是的 我还找到了香水 |
[12:18] | We’re giving it a burial, Niles, not a day of beauty. | 我们在举行葬礼Niles 不是变装 |
[12:21] | It’s to cover the smell. And the peignoir was all I could find. | 香水是用来遮盖气味的 我只能找到睡袍了 |
[12:24] | The beds are all stripped. | 床单都被剥掉了 |
[12:25] | The linen cupboard’s locked. | 亚麻橱柜被锁上了 |
[12:27] | All right, just get on with it. | 好 快点动手吧 |
[12:30] | Do you think that helped? | 你觉得有用吗 |
[12:31] | Oh, yes, Niles. | Niles 有用 |
[12:32] | It smells so lovely now it’s almost a shame to bury it. | 闻起来这么香都舍不得把它埋了 |
[12:34] | – Will you give me a hand with this? – Yes, all right. | – 你就不能搭把手 – 好的 |
[12:38] | There. Okay, now let’s turn it over. Come on. | 那里 好了 现在把它翻过来 快点 |
[12:41] | Oh, God. | 哦 天啊 |
[12:48] | Have you ever seen anything so heartbreaking? | 你见过如此让人心碎的一幕吗 |
[12:50] | That sullied nightgown, that cold vacant stare, | 污迹斑斑的睡袍 冰冷空洞的眼神 |
[12:54] | those limp little whiskers. | 那些无力颤抖的小胡须 |
[12:56] | Stick a corncob pipe in its mouth, | 它嘴里再塞个玉米做的烟斗 |
[12:58] | it could be Nana on Dad’s side. | 就是坐在爸爸身边的奶奶 |
[13:00] | Come on, let’s go. Move. | 快点 动手 |
[13:06] | Nice oarsmanship, Mr. Oxford-Rowing-Champ. | 高超的划船技术啊 牛津划船冠军 |
[13:10] | It’s not very easy to keep your balance | 当你的船员在你身后 |
[13:12] | when your crewmate jumps on your back | 上蹿下跳叫得像茶壶一样时 |
[13:14] | and shrieks like a tea kettle. | 是很难保持平衡的 |
[13:15] | Oh, I’m sorry. | 那我真抱歉 |
[13:17] | The thing’s tongue lolled out and licked my ankle. | 那海豹的舌头伸出来舔到我的脚踝了 |
[13:22] | I just hope the wind changes direction before the party. | 我只希望宴会开始之前风能变向 |
[13:25] | – Yes. – They’ll be here in 15 minutes. | – 对 – 他们15分钟之后就要来了 |
[13:28] | The stench is so strong | 臭味太强烈了 |
[13:29] | I could almost swear the damn thing was still… | 我几乎要觉得那该死的玩意还在 |
[13:32] | – It’s back! – Oh, my God. | – 它回来了 – 我的天啊 |
[13:35] | Tide must have washed it back in. | 潮汐又把它冲回来了 |
[13:36] | We should’ve taken their advice and stabbed holes in it. | 我们应该听他们的建议扎几个洞 |
[13:38] | No, I refuse to even contemplate something so disgusting. | 不 它已经恶心到让我不忍直视 |
[13:41] | We’ll just row it back out, | 咱们再把它划回去 |
[13:42] | this time we’ll weigh it down with something. | 再绑点什么增加重量 |
[13:44] | Oh, Niles, what about that hideous anchor lamp? | Niles 用那个特别难看的锚型台灯怎么样 |
[13:48] | Perfect. We’ll tie it with the peignoir sash. | 非常好 咱们用这个浴袍的带子绑上 |
[13:50] | It’ll sink like a brick. | 它会像砖头一样沉下去 |
[13:51] | Would you mind terribly doing that alone? | 你不介意一个人做这件事吧 |
[13:53] | – Alone? – Yes, I have to get ready. | – 一个人 – 是的 我要去做准备 |
[13:56] | Frasier, please, I beg you. | Frasier 拜托 我求你了 |
[13:58] | All right, Niles. | 好吧 Niles |
[14:00] | But the entire time I’m gone, | 但是我不在的时候 |
[14:01] | you better be singing my praises to Claudia Kynock. | 你要在Claudia Kynock面前替我说好话 |
[14:03] | – Done. – Excuse me, where do you keep…? | – 成交 – 打扰一下 你们把 |
[14:04] | Chef Marcel, it’s so nice to meet you at last. | Marcel大厨 见到你太高兴了 |
[14:08] | You have been swimming? | 你去游泳了吗 |
[14:12] | Just a dip. | 就泡了一下 |
[14:14] | In your clothes? | 还穿着衣服 |
[14:17] | Well, it is November. | 没办法 现在十一月份了 |
[14:19] | You know, it was so refreshing, I think I’ll go back for another. | 游泳如此提神醒脑 我想再来一次 |
[14:22] | Don’t forget your lamp. | 别忘了你的台灯 |
[14:23] | Oh, yes, thank you. | 对 谢谢你 |
[14:32] | It’s getting dark in that water. | 水里现在越来越黑了 |
[14:41] | Now, Sebastian, you must try one of these truffled scallops. | Sebastian 你一定要试试松露扇贝 |
[14:45] | I’m allergic to bivalves. | 我对贝壳类食物过敏 |
[14:47] | A good host would know that. | 优秀的宴会主人应该了解的 |
[14:49] | Don’t mind Sebastian. | 别在意Sebastian |
[14:50] | He’s just afraid you’ll outshine his geisha party. | 他是怕你抢了他艺妓宴会的风头 |
[14:53] | Now, now, no rivalries. We’re all friends tonight. | 这里没有对手 今晚我们都是朋友 |
[14:55] | I’m sorry about the scallops. | 对于这些扇贝我很抱歉 |
[14:57] | In the future, I’ll try to cater more to your shellfish demands. | 以后我会尽量满足你对贝壳类的需要 |
[15:02] | I got that. | 我听懂了 |
[15:06] | Thank God you’re back. I can open the deck? | 谢天谢地你回来了 我能打开露台吗 |
[15:08] | People are beginning to get suspicious. | 大家快起疑心了 |
[15:09] | I hauled it as far as I could. | 我尽量拖远了 |
[15:11] | Just hope that lamp was heavy enough. | 希望那台灯足够重 |
[15:12] | Is Claudia here? | Claudia来了吗 |
[15:13] | Yes, she’s dying to talk to you. | 来了 她非常想跟你谈谈 |
[15:14] | Good. Smell my fingers. | 很好 闻闻我的手指 |
[15:16] | Lovely, tuberose? | 很好闻 夜来香 |
[15:17] | – Jasmine. – Really? | – 茉莉 – 真的吗 |
[15:18] | Everyone, as you may know, | 朋友们 你们可能猜到了 |
[15:21] | I have arranged a small meteor shower | 我安排了一场小型流星雨 |
[15:24] | for our entertainment this evening. | 作为今晚的娱乐活动 |
[15:25] | So feel free to claim your spots now on the observation deck. | 请去露台找到合适的观测点 |
[15:32] | Please, go right ahead. Sebastian, enjoy it. | 请 这边走 Sebastian 请尽兴 |
[15:35] | Claudia, this is my brother, Dr. Frasier Crane. | Claudia 这是我哥哥Frasier Crane医生 |
[15:39] | – Well, just the man I wanted to meet. – Really? | – 我正想和你见面 – 真的吗 |
[15:41] | Well, now I should warn you, Claudia’s in radio | 我应该提醒你 Claudia是广播行业的 |
[15:43] | so you’re probobly in for more of that arm-twisting | 所以你现在感受到的压力可能 |
[15:45] | you’ve been getting from the other station owners. | 会比你见另一位电台老板更大 |
[15:48] | Oh, my brother, the publicist. | 我的弟弟 专业宣传人士 |
[15:50] | Before long, he’ll be telling you about my two SeaBees | 再过一会儿 他就要跟你说我的两座海壁奖杯 |
[15:52] | and my Broadcaster of the Year Award. | 和年度播音员奖 |
[15:56] | Well, now we don’t have to talk all business. | 我们的话题可以不局限于工作 |
[15:59] | But I do wanna mention that we may be replacing | 但我要提一下 我们可能要替换 |
[16:01] | one of our nationally syndicated hosts, | 一个全国知名的主持人 |
[16:03] | the Happy Traveller. | 快乐旅行家 |
[16:05] | Oh, yes, the Happy Traveller. How’s that coming? | 快乐旅行家 怎么会这样 |
[16:07] | Not well. Unless they get | 不是太好 除非他们对赎金的 |
[16:09] | more realistic with those ransom demands, | 要求能变得更现实一点 |
[16:11] | he’s never coming out of that jungle. | 否则他永远走不出那片丛林 |
[16:15] | There certainly are a lot of gnats buzzing about out here. | 这儿有好多小虫飞来飞去 |
[16:18] | – Yes, there are. – Allow me. | – 是的 确实有 – 让我来 |
[16:20] | Oh, dear God. | 我的天啊 |
[16:26] | It’s only a gnat, Niles. | 只是小虫而已Niles |
[16:28] | Yes, well, gnats carry disease. | 但是小虫会传播疾病 |
[16:30] | – Oh, you missed it. – There’s another. | – 你没打中 – 这儿还有一只 |
[16:33] | There were no bugs at my party. | 我的宴会上没有虫子 |
[16:39] | What’s that on the beach? | 海滩上是什么 |
[16:41] | I don’t know, but it’s wearing a boa. | 不知道 但是它围了条围巾 |
[16:43] | No, no, no, that’s preposterous. | 不 不 不 那太可笑了 |
[16:46] | It’s just a rock with some seaweed on it. | 只是块布满海藻的岩石 |
[16:49] | Niles, there seems to be something with feathers flashing at us. | Niles 好像有什么长羽毛的东西闪了一下 |
[16:53] | Yes, yes, that’s my neighbour. | 是的 是的 那是我的邻居 |
[16:55] | Don’t clap, it just encourages her. | 别鼓掌 这会鼓励她继续下去 |
[16:57] | Does anyone else smell something? | 有人闻到什么味道了吗 |
[16:59] | I know what I smell. | 我知道我闻到了什么 |
[17:02] | Truffles. | 松露 |
[17:04] | Everyone, time for dinner. | 朋友们 到晚饭的时间了 |
[17:06] | Yes, yes, please, step lively. | 是的是的 快进去 |
[17:08] | Truffles. | 松露 |
[17:11] | All right, all right, get out there and stab that thing. | 好了 好了 你过去刺几个洞 |
[17:14] | No. I’m sick to death of chaperoning that carcass. | 不要 我受够了与那尸体为伴 |
[17:16] | Well, I can’t do it. I’m the host. | 我不能做 我是主人 |
[17:18] | Niles,because of that woman in there | Niles 多亏里面的那个女人 |
[17:19] | and a scrappy band of third-world rebels, | 和某个第三世界的暴力团伙 |
[17:21] | I am this close to getting a national radio show of my own. | 我差这么点就能得到自己的全国广播节目了 |
[17:23] | – You have to do it. – All right. | – 你必须去 – 好吧 |
[17:25] | Get me a knife, close those curtains. | 给我拿把刀 拉上窗帘 |
[17:26] | Don’t let anyone out on this deck | 我回来之前别让任何人 |
[17:28] | – until I come back. – Fine. | – 到这个露台上 – 可以 |
[17:30] | Where’s the damn thing gone to? | 那该死的东西在哪儿 |
[17:32] | Got it. Thanks. | 找到了 谢谢 |
[17:37] | I’ve listened to your show, | 我听过你的节目 |
[17:38] | and what impressed me most is your ability to focus. | 让我印象最深刻的是你的专注力 |
[17:41] | Yes, I’m very proud of that. | 是的 为此我非常自豪 |
[17:43] | You see.I give each of my callers my complete undivided… | 我会专注于每一位来电的听众 |
[17:45] | Excuse me. Would you please just stay inside? | 对不起 如果不介意的话请待在室内 |
[17:47] | We’re about to start dinner. | 晚餐要开始了 |
[17:49] | Well, you said that ten minutes ago. | 你十分钟之前就这么说 |
[17:50] | Yes, so it’s even truer now, isn’t it? Just sit down. | 是的 现在更接近了不是吗 请坐 |
[17:54] | I’m sorry. Back to my show. | 对不起 继续谈我的节目 |
[17:57] | I must say, I was wondering | 其实我也在想 |
[17:59] | myself when we’d be eating. It’s getting late. | 什么时候可以吃饭 时候不早了 |
[18:01] | Well, Niles is in the kitchen | Niles正在厨房 |
[18:02] | right now trying to prod Chef Marcel along. | 催促Marcel大厨 |
[18:04] | You know how it is with these perfectionists. | 你知道完美主义者是什么样子 |
[18:07] | I am waiting to serve. Where’s Niles? | 我等着上菜了 Niles在哪儿 |
[18:09] | You mean he’s not with you? | 你是说他没跟你在一起 |
[18:10] | Well, I’m sure he’s around here somewhere. | 我确信他就在这附近呢 |
[18:12] | You know, perhaps he’s upstairs making a phone call. | 也许他正在楼上打电话 |
[18:15] | If you just keep everything warm, | 请让食物保温 |
[18:16] | I’m sure he’ll be down in a minute. | 他肯定快就下来了 |
[18:17] | He better be. I reheat for no one. | 他最好快点 我不会为任何人加热食物 |
[18:22] | I’m terribly sorry about all these interruptions. | 非常抱歉让这些事情打扰了我们 |
[18:25] | Now, can we just get back to that job? | 我们能继续谈谈工作的问题吗 |
[18:28] | Well, you’d be in 93 markets… | 好吧 你会在93个市场 |
[18:29] | Excuse me. Can I help you? | 打扰一下 有什么我可以帮忙的 |
[18:31] | I just saw a meteor. | 我刚刚看到了一颗流星 |
[18:32] | Oh, have they started? | 开始了吗 |
[18:33] | Oh, splendid. Everyone, please stand back. | 太好了 朋友们请往后站 |
[18:35] | And witness the spectacular view through this transom. | 通过门顶窗来观看这一壮观的景象 |
[18:38] | Can’t we see them better from outside? | 我们在外面看效果不是会更好 |
[18:40] | No, it’s much safer in here. | 不 在里面更安全 |
[18:41] | You see,you never know where they might land. | 你很难预料流星会砸到哪里 |
[18:43] | Perhaps that’s Niles. | 可能是Niles |
[18:48] | Hello, is Niles Crane here? | 你好 Niles Crane在这儿吗 |
[18:49] | We’re investigating a possible homicide. | 我们在调查一起疑似凶杀案 |
[18:52] | What? | 什么 |
[18:54] | Your neighbour saw Dr. Crane and another man | 你的邻居看到Crane医生和另一个男人 |
[18:56] | row out to sea with a third party dressed in a nightie. | 把一个人裹上女式睡衣用船运到海里 |
[19:01] | The men returned alone. | 只有两个男人回来了 |
[19:02] | We suspect they dumped the body overboard. | 我们怀疑他们把尸体扔到海里去了 |
[19:04] | All right, now, now, there’s nothing to be alarmed about. | 好了 没有什么需要担心的 |
[19:07] | Please, gentlemen, come in.You see,I can clear this whole thing up. | 先生们请进 我可以把整件事解释清楚 |
[19:09] | I was the other man in the row boat. | 我就是在船上的另一个人 |
[19:11] | You dumped a body overboard? | 你去海里抛尸了 |
[19:13] | Thank God you’re here. | 谢天谢地你们在这 |
[19:15] | – I just saw a murder. – What? | – 我刚刚目睹了一起谋杀 – 什么 |
[19:18] | Dr. Crane was on the beach with his wife, Maris. | Crane医生和他的妻子Maris在海滩上 |
[19:20] | I recognized her peignoir. | 我认出了她的睡袍 |
[19:23] | I could even smell her perfume. | 我还闻到了她的香水味 |
[19:25] | He was stabbing her again and again. | 他一次又一次地刺向她 |
[19:27] | No, no, no. | 不 不 不 |
[19:30] | Clearly, this woman is delusional. | 很明显 这个女人产生幻觉了 |
[19:32] | Listen, search the entire house. | 听着 搜查整个房子 |
[19:34] | I defy you to find one scrap of evidence | 你们绝对找不出任何 |
[19:36] | that there’s been foul play here. | 发生过不法行为的证据 |
[19:38] | My butcher knife has disappeared from the kitchen. | 我的切肉刀从厨房消失了 |
[19:41] | Go check the beach. | 搜查一下海滩 |
[19:43] | Please, people, I assure you, | 朋友们 我向你们保证 |
[19:45] | there is nothing sinister going on here. | 这里没有任何形式的犯罪 |
[19:54] | Hello, all. | 大家好 |
[19:56] | Meteor shower’s started. Oh, excuse me. | 流星雨开始了 请见谅 |
[19:59] | Niles, there’s been a little misunderstanding. | Niles 这里有点误会 |
[20:02] | Perhaps it’s time you explained about the dead seal we found. | 请跟大家解释一下我们找到的死海豹 |
[20:05] | A dead seal? At my Golden Apron dinner? | 死海豹 在我的金围裙晚宴上 |
[20:08] | That’s enough bubbly for you. | 你喝多了吧 |
[20:09] | But, Niles, they think you murdered Maris. | Niles 他们认为你谋杀了Maris |
[20:12] | I saw him stabbing her. | 我看见他正在刺她 |
[20:14] | Oh, I see what happened. | 我懂了 |
[20:15] | Oh, this is funny. | 这太有趣了 |
[20:17] | Oh, you’re all going to laugh when you hear this. | 你们听我解释之后都会觉得好笑 |
[20:20] | I was simply stabbing a seal. | 我只是在刺一头海豹 |
[20:26] | You killed a seal? | 你杀了一头海豹 |
[20:28] | No, no, I didn’t kill it. | 不不我没杀它 |
[20:29] | It was already dead when we found it. | 我们找到的时候它已经死了 |
[20:31] | – You found a dead seal? – Yes. | – 你找到了一头死海豹 – 是的 |
[20:33] | And it was wearing a peignoir? | 它还穿着女式睡袍 |
[20:35] | That is ludicrous. We put the peignoir on it. | 那太荒唐了 睡袍是我们给它穿上的 |
[20:41] | And the perfume too? | 香水也是吗 |
[20:42] | Yes, of course. | 是的 当然 |
[20:43] | So you found a dead seal, | 所以你们找到了一头死海豹 |
[20:45] | dressed it in a peignoir, doused it in perfume, | 给它穿上睡袍撒上香水 |
[20:48] | then stabbed it. | 然后拿刀刺它 |
[20:50] | I told you you’d laugh. | 我说了你们会笑 |
[20:52] | I found this washed up on the beach. | 我找到了被冲上了沙滩的睡袍 |
[20:54] | Oh, well, there, if that doesn’t prove my innocence, | 好吧 如果这个还不能证明我的清白 |
[20:57] | I don’t know what does. | 我也不知道什么可以了 |
[20:58] | God in heaven | 我的上帝啊 |
[20:59] | It’s covered in her blood. | 上面都是她的血 |
[21:03] | Dinner is served. | 可以上菜了 |
[21:06] | Sorry, folks, no one can leave. | 对不起 大家都不能离开 |
[21:08] | This is a crime scene. | 这是犯罪现场 |
[21:09] | Well, it certainly would be a crime if we missed that dinner. | 错过了晚餐才是真犯罪呢 |
[21:12] | Everyone, sit down. | 朋友们 请坐 |
[21:13] | There’s place cards all around the table. | 桌子上有席次牌 |
[21:15] | Okay, gentlemen, let’s go. | 好了先生们 我们走 |
[21:17] | Well, he said no one could leave. | 他说了谁也不能离开 |
[21:19] | Claudia, perhaps we can discuss that job tomorrow. | Claudia 也许我们可以明天再谈工作的事 |
[21:22] | I’ve got business cards in my breast pocket | 如果你愿意去掏 |
[21:24] | if you’d like to fish one out. | 我胸前的口袋里有名片 |
[21:25] | No? Fine. I’ll just call you then. | 不愿意 没关系 我会给你打电话 |
[21:27] | Officer, you can’t arrest me. My wife is alive. | 警官 你不能逮捕我 我妻子还活着 |
[21:30] | She’s in Antwerp having her elbows done. | 她去安特卫普做肘部整形手术了 |
[21:32] | Give it up, Niles. Even I didn’t believe that one. | 放弃吧Niles 这话连我都不信了 |