时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:08] | So when’s Freddie coming in? | Freddie什么时候来啊 |
[00:09] | Oh, actually, he’s arriving in a few hours. | 噢 再过几个小时就到了 |
[00:10] | I’m picking him up at the airport. | 我会去机场接他 |
[00:12] | Gosh, you know, I’m so excited to see him. | 哎呀 真高兴能见到他 |
[00:14] | It was Lilith’s turn this year to have him for his birthday, but | 本来今年轮到Lilith陪他过生日 但是 |
[00:17] | apparently there was an accident at the lab. | 她的实验室出了点意外 |
[00:19] | One of her monkeys bit her on the tongue. | 有只猴子咬了她的舌头 |
[00:22] | What exactly was she doing with the monkey? | 她到底做了什么 能被咬到那儿 |
[00:25] | She was teaching them sign language. | 她在教他们手语 |
[00:27] | I guess one of them made a disparaging remark about her new haircut. | 估计有只猴子对她的新发型鄙视了一下 |
[00:31] | She stuck her tongue out. | 她冲它吐舌头来着 |
[00:35] | Wow! How bad does a haircut have to be for a monkey to hate it? | 哇 什么发型差到猴子都恨的地步 |
[00:40] | Well, I guess I’m just gonna have to get myself a cup of coffee. | 呵呵 我去拿杯咖啡 |
[00:42] | Oh, somebody dropped a wallet. | 咦 谁的钱包掉这儿了 |
[00:45] | Hmmm. | 哟 |
[00:46] | Is he cute? | 他帅不帅 |
[00:48] | It’s hard to tell from a driver’s license photo, but he is | 驾照的照片实在看不出来 不过 |
[00:51] | five foot six, weighs 200 pounds, and has corrective lenses. | 他身高165 体重180 还戴眼镜 |
[00:54] | Leave it on the floor! | 丢回去 |
[00:58] | Well, thank God I don’t share your good-deeds-for-hunks-only policy. | 谢天谢地我不像你只对帅哥好心 |
[01:02] | Excuse me, I just found this on the floor… | 你好 我刚在地上捡到这个 |
[01:05] | Hey, hey, is that my wallet you got there? | 嘿 嘿 你拿的是我的钱包吧 |
[01:06] | Oh, is it? Well, I, I just found it on the floor over there. | 是吗 我刚在那儿捡到的 |
[01:09] | I was about to drop it off at the counter. | 正打算交给柜台呢 |
[01:10] | Please, no reward. | 不用酬谢我哦 |
[01:12] | – What happened to my cash? – Well, I don’t know. | – 我的现金跑哪儿去了 – 我不知道呀 |
[01:14] | It was empty when I found it. | 我捡到的时候就是空的 |
[01:16] | Yeah, right! I had seven bucks in here! | 是嘛 里面本来有七块钱的 |
[01:19] | Well, I’m sure some lucky thief is | 那我猜某个幸运小贼 |
[01:21] | off enjoying a matinee and a small soda! | 正在愉快地享受半价电影和小杯汽水吧 |
[01:24] | At least you left my credit card! Jerk! | 还好你没拿我的信用卡 混球 |
[01:29] | Would you please bring me my usual? | 我还是要杯跟平常一样的 |
[01:32] | Can you believe that guy? | 难以置信 |
[01:34] | I do him a favour, he accuses me of stealing! | 我帮了他忙 他居然恩将仇报说我偷东西 |
[01:36] | Oh, please. The world is full of creeps like that. | 拜托 这个世界到处都是这种险恶的人 |
[01:39] | Haven’t you figured that out yet? | 你还没想通哪 |
[01:40] | Well, I’m sorry, Roz, | 抱歉了 Roz |
[01:41] | but I still believe that people are basically good. | 我还是相信人性本善 |
[01:45] | Hey, guys, I’m glad you’re here. | 嘿 伙计们 碰到你们太好啦 |
[01:47] | I need to talk to you about something. | 我想跟你们商量个事儿 |
[01:48] | – What? – What can I do for you, Bulldog? | – 怎么 – 你有什么事儿要求我 Bulldog |
[01:50] | My mom’s having bypass surgery tomorrow morning, | 我妈妈明天早上要做心脏搭桥手术 |
[01:52] | and I’d like to sit up with her tonight at the hospital. | 今晚我想在医院陪她 |
[01:55] | But I gotta work the eleven-to-one spot. | 但我11点到凌晨1点得当班 |
[01:58] | – I don’t suppose you’d think… – Oh, right! | – 你们能不能 – 又来 |
[02:00] | Like we don’t know | 搞得好像我们不知道 |
[02:01] | there’s a big fight in Vegas tonight! | 今晚维加斯有场拳击大决战似的 |
[02:04] | Look, I know I’ve jerked you guys around before, but this is serious. | 伙计们 我以前是忽悠过你们 但这次是真的 |
[02:07] | Bulldog, I’m sorry. | Bulldog 抱歉了 |
[02:09] | Frederick’s coming in tonight. It’s… it’s his birthday. | Frederick今晚会来 今天是他生日 |
[02:12] | OK, Doc. Never mind. I understand. | 好吧 医生 没关系的 我能理解 |
[02:16] | Hello, Bernice Briscoe’s room, please. | 你好 请转Bernice Briscoe的房间 |
[02:19] | I hope my mom’s around to celebrate her next birthday. | 但愿我妈妈有机会过她下一个生日 |
[02:23] | Hi, Mom, it’s Bobby. | 嗨 妈妈 是Bobby呀 |
[02:25] | Um, look, I’m gonna have to work tonight after all… | 呃 我今晚还是得工作 |
[02:28] | Bulldog, wait a minute. | Bulldog 等等 |
[02:30] | You know what? Frederick will be probably asleep by 11:00. | Frederick十一点应该已经睡了 |
[02:32] | I guess we could take your slot… | 我们可以帮你代班一下 |
[02:33] | Are you insane?! How can you be so gullible? | 你疯了吗 你怎么这么容易上当 |
[02:36] | He is not talking to his mother! | 他根本没在跟他妈妈说话 |
[02:39] | Does somebody have a boo-boo on her heart? | 某人的心脏上是不是有个洞洞啊 |
[02:44] | Is someone gonna have to open you up with those big old rib spreaders? | 是不是有人要用肋骨撑开器把你的胸腔打开啊 |
[02:50] | Oh, Mrs. Briscoe, I’m so sorry. | 噢 Briscoe夫人 非常抱歉 |
[02:55] | Listen, I just wanted you to know that | 那个 我只是想跟您说 |
[02:57] | we’ll fill in for Bobby tonight. | 今晚我们会给Bobby代班的 |
[02:59] | Thanks a million, you guys. | 太感谢你们了 |
[03:00] | I’d better.. get back to the hospital. | 我得赶紧回医院了 |
[03:03] | God bless, Bulldog. | 上帝保佑你妈妈 Bulldog |
[03:05] | Oh, I can’t believe I said that. That poor woman. | 噢 我居然说了那么丧心病狂的话 可怜的女人 |
[03:09] | Hey, we’re outta here! | 嘿 我们快走 |
[03:10] | But our flight doesn’t leave for another two hours. | 飞机两小时后才飞啊 |
[03:12] | No, I gotta stop by my mom’s first. | 我还得去我妈那儿一趟 |
[03:13] | I owe her 50 bucks and a case of Schlitz. | 我欠她50刀 还有一箱啤酒 |
[03:38] | Should I even ask? | 我都不想问了 你干嘛 |
[03:39] | These balloons come in an unsealed package, | 运这些气球的包装不是密封的 |
[03:42] | covered with some mysterious dust, | 上面还有不明灰尘 |
[03:44] | straight from some Southeast Asian sweatshop. | 肯定是从某个东南亚血汗工厂直邮过来的 |
[03:46] | – Doesn’t that worry you? – Oh, you bet it does. | – 你难道不担心吗 – 哦 当然担心了 |
[03:48] | I remember back in Korea we’d crouch in our foxholes, | 还记得在朝鲜的时候 我们伏在战壕里 |
[03:51] | scared to death those bastards were gonna drop balloons on us. | 时刻担心着那些混蛋要空投气球 要了我们的命 |
[03:56] | The doorman just called. They’re on their way up. | 门卫刚打来电话 他们已经到了 |
[03:58] | Don’t know how much of a surprise it’s gonna be anyway. | 不知道今年还能有多大惊喜 |
[04:01] | – You did the same thing last year. – That’s the whole point. | – 你去年也是这么干的 – 关键就在这儿 |
[04:03] | He’d never suspect I’d do it two years in a row. | 他铁定想不到我会连续两年这么干 |
[04:05] | I must say I feel a bit bad for Freddie. | 说实话我有点替Freddie伤心 |
[04:07] | None of his mates are here, | 他的小伙伴都不在 |
[04:08] | just the three of us old fogeys yelling “Surprise”. | 就我们三个老伙计大喊”惊喜吧” |
[04:11] | Well, any party he’s at with you is gonna be a treat for him. | 这个嘛 只要派对上有你在他就满足了 |
[04:14] | You know, he’s got a little crush on you. | 他有点喜欢你呢 |
[04:15] | If you really want Frederick to enjoy himself, | 要是你真想Frederick玩得开心的话 |
[04:17] | he especially likes you in that little blue cocktail dress. | 他特别喜欢你穿那条蓝色短裙的样子 |
[04:22] | Well, I’m not sure that dress is appropriate | 那条裙子好像不是很合适 |
[04:24] | for a child’s birthday party. | 在孩子的生日派对上穿 |
[04:26] | Well, it’s hardly a party. It’s just us fogeys. | 这都不能算派对 就我们几个伙计 |
[04:30] | You know, Frederick, your granddad really wanted to be here, | Frederick 你爷爷真的很想在这儿陪你 |
[04:32] | but he had an important Rotary Club meeting. | 但他有个很重要的扶轮社会议要参加 |
[04:32] | 是一家国际非营利性组织,它提供慈善服务, 鼓励高尚的职业道德,并致力于世界亲善与和平 | |
[04:35] | – Uh-oh. – What? | – 嗯 – 怎么 |
[04:37] | Not another surprise party. | 不会又是惊喜派对吧 |
[04:41] | – What are you talking about? – Just like last year! | – 说什么呢 – 就跟去年一样 |
[04:44] | Oh, Lord, all right, all right. | 老天哪 好吧 好吧 |
[04:46] | I’ll tell you what, just don’t let on, okay? | 我告诉你 不过别露馅哦 |
[04:48] | You know how he loves this stuff. Just act surprised, all right? | 他就是爱这么干 你就装装惊喜的样子吧 |
[04:51] | The hardest thing is pretending to be fooled by the trick candles. | 最难的是要假装不知道他弄的是道具蜡烛 |
[04:54] | Oh, gosh. You think it’s hard now, | 呵呵 现在你就觉得难了 |
[04:57] | wait ’til you’re my age. | 等到我们这年龄你再试试看 |
[05:00] | Surprise! | 惊喜吧 |
[05:02] | – Oh, wow! I’m so surprised! – You see? I told you. | – 噢 哇 这太惊喜了 – 看 我就说吧 |
[05:05] | – Hey, Freddie. – How are you doing? Happy birthday. | – 嘿 Freddie – 你好啊 生日快乐 |
[05:08] | Hi! | 嗨 |
[05:11] | Happy birthday, sweetheart. | 生日快乐 小甜心 |
[05:13] | Just let me get the phone. | 让我接下电话 |
[05:17] | Hello? | 你好 |
[05:18] | Yes, who’s calling, please? | 是的 您是哪位 |
[05:21] | Wiwif Wiwif? | |
[05:22] | Anyone here know a Wiwif? | 你们认识Wiwif吗 |
[05:24] | Oh, Lilith! | 噢 Lilith |
[05:28] | Yes, hello, Lilith. | 嗨 Lilith |
[05:31] | What’s that? Oh, right! Yes, of course he’s here. | 你说什么 噢对 是的 他已经到了 |
[05:33] | It’s your mom, Freddie. | 你妈妈找你 Freddie |
[05:34] | Why don’t you take it into your granddad’s room? | 拿去你爷爷房间讲吧 |
[05:36] | – Okay. Hi, mom. – Hey, let’s get the cake ready. | – 好 嗨 妈妈 – 嘿 把蛋糕准备好吧 |
[05:38] | Oh, yes, yes, yes. Oh, Frasier, | 哦对对对 Frasier |
[05:40] | – I think you’re going to be pleasantly surprised. – Ooooh. | – 有一个惊喜在等你呢 – 噢 |
[05:44] | – Voila! – What the hell is that? | – 瞧 – 这什么鬼 |
[05:46] | It’s Louis Pasteur, Freddie’s favorite scientist. | 这是Louis Pasteur啊 Freddie最喜欢的科学家 |
[05:52] | What child wouldn’t be thrilled with a coconut death mask | 生日派对上有个椰子味的死人脸 |
[05:54] | on his birthday? | 这不是每个孩子梦寐以求的嘛 |
[05:57] | Frasier, what happened to your jacket? | Frasier 你的外套怎么了 |
[05:59] | Oh, at the airport, I, I helped this woman get her dog into her car. | 噢 刚在机场 我帮一位女士把她的狗运上车 |
[06:02] | Oh, I hope at least it was in a crate. | 噢 但愿是待在狗笼里的 |
[06:04] | Yes, very heavy crate. | 是的 很重很重的笼子 |
[06:05] | I had to hold it at arm’s length so that | 我不得不用力伸直手臂 才能不让 |
[06:07] | what I chose to believe was drool wouldn’t run out onto my shoes. | 我姑且相信是口水的东西滴到我的鞋子上 |
[06:13] | Eight blocks later I finally load little Fido into her backseat, | 过了八条街我才终于把那条小忠狗放进她的后座 |
[06:17] | the woman drives off without so much as a thank-you | 结果她就这么开走了 没有一句谢谢 |
[06:19] | or an offer to give me a ride back to the airport. | 更没有送我回机场 |
[06:20] | Well, I responded with the time-honored gesture of disapproval, | 于是我就用经典的差评手势回敬她 |
[06:23] | but on the upswing I caught my finger on the jacket, | 但我手举起来的时候不小心缠在外套上了 |
[06:25] | and, well… yeah. | 然后就这样了 |
[06:26] | Oh, thank you. | 噢 谢谢 |
[06:28] | I must say | 不得不说 |
[06:29] | my belief in people’s basic decency has taken a beating today. | 相信人性本善的我今天一直在被打脸 |
[06:32] | You know, earlier, I returned a man’s wallet. | 之前我把捡到的钱包还给一个男的 |
[06:34] | He accused me of stealing. | 他却说我偷东西 |
[06:35] | Well, it just proves what I always say, | 这刚好证明我的观点 |
[06:37] | a good Samaritan is nothing but a good target. | 好心人就是软柿子 |
[06:39] | Well, I’m sorry, Dad, I’m not ready to be quite that cynical yet. | 抱歉了 老爸 我还不想那么愤世嫉俗 |
[06:42] | – He’s off the phone! – Oh, good. All right. | – 他打完电话了 – 噢 好啊 |
[06:43] | Well, you can believe what you want, | 你怎么想随便你 |
[06:45] | but I think people are born rotten, and every year they get worse. | 但我认为人性本恶 而且越大越恶 |
[06:49] | Happy birthday to you… | 祝你生日快乐 |
[06:54] | Welcome back to the night-owl edition | 欢迎回到Frasier Crane |
[06:58] | of the Dr. Frasier Crane Show. | 医生秀的夜猫子版 |
[07:01] | We have Stephen on line two. | Stephen在二号线上等着呢 |
[07:05] | Go ahead, caller, you’re on the air. | 说吧 这位听众 你已经被接通了 |
[07:06] | I think I’m losing my mind, Dr. Crane. | Crane医生 我好像已经疯了 |
[07:09] | People are talking to me through my radio. | 人们通过收音机在跟我说话 |
[07:11] | – Why do you think that? – There it is again. | – 为什么会这么想 – 又来了 |
[07:19] | Turn your radio down. | 把你的收音机声音调低点 |
[07:20] | Now it’s giving me orders! | 现在它居然在命令我 |
[07:25] | Stephen, turn your radio down. | Stephen 把你的收音机声音调低点 |
[07:27] | And it knows my name! | 它还知道我的名字 |
[07:30] | Stephen, listen to me, this is your radio talking. | Stephen 听我说 我是你的收音机 |
[07:33] | I’m a very smart radio, and I care about you, | 我是台非常智能的收音机 我很关心你 |
[07:36] | and I want you to turn me off. | 我想要你把我关了 |
[07:38] | Go to bed and seek counseling in the morning. | 上床睡觉 然后明天一早就去找心理医生看看 |
[07:41] | Okay. | 好的 |
[07:42] | Sorry, Doc, can’t talk anymore. | 抱歉了 医生 我不能聊了 |
[07:49] | Well, I’d like to end tonight on a philosophical note. | 今天结束前我想聊点生活哲理 |
[07:52] | You see, earlier today, I helped some people. | 今天我帮了一些人 |
[07:55] | I returned a man’s wallet, | 我把捡到的钱包物归原主 |
[07:58] | and I aided a woman at the airport. | 在机场帮了一位女士 |
[08:01] | And in return, | 而作为回报 |
[08:03] | I was accused of being a thief, | 我被指控偷窃 |
[08:06] | and my favourite jacket was ruined. | 我最喜欢的外套也毁了 |
[08:16] | I was so disappointed by the events of the day that | 今天的事对我打击很大 |
[08:19] | on my way to work here tonight, | 所以今晚来上班的路上 |
[08:21] | I almost passed by an elderly man with a flat tire | 我看到一个老人的车胎爆了的时候 |
[08:24] | without stopping to help him. | 真想就当没看见 直接开走了 |
[08:29] | What the hell are you doing? | 你他妈在干嘛 |
[08:30] | I asked myself. | 我问我自己 |
[08:39] | How would I feel if I were in this man’s position, | 要是我的车胎爆了 困在路边 |
[08:43] | and no one stopped to help me? Well… | 而没有人停下来帮我 我会作何感受 |
[08:45] | I did pull over, I helped the man, | 我还是停下来帮助了他 |
[08:47] | and frankly, it felt great. | 实话说 感觉棒极了 |
[08:50] | So without sounding preachy, I would like to advise you all | 我也不长篇大论了 我想建议大家的是 |
[08:53] | to do a good deed once in a while, | 偶尔做件好事吧 |
[08:57] | if not for the sake of others, but then, well, for your own sake. | 不为了别人 就为了你自己 |
[09:02] | Thank you. Now, let’s go to station ID. | 谢谢 接下来是电台介绍和节目预告 |
[09:06] | Roz, do you mind? | Roz 稍微收敛点可否 |
[09:09] | What is your problem? I’m getting ready for bed. | 有意见啊 我在做睡前准备 |
[09:12] | Alice gets me up at the crack of dawn. | Alice每天早上天一亮就不让我睡了 |
[09:14] | If I get all this taken care of, I get an extra half hour’s sleep. | 要是我现在把妆卸好 我能多睡半小时 |
[09:17] | Well, at least you spared me the spectacle of flossing! | 我谢你啊 还好你没用牙线 |
[09:20] | Thanks for reminding me. I had corn. | 谢你提醒 我刚吃了玉米 |
[09:27] | And we’re back. | 我们回来了 |
[09:27] | It seems that we’ve got time for one more call, uh… | 貌似我们还有时间再接听一个来电 呃 |
[09:33] | Don’t bother, Roz, I’ll get it. | 不用麻烦了 Roz 我来接 |
[09:39] | Go ahead, caller. This is Dr. Frasier Crane. I’m listening. | 说吧 这位听众 我是Frasier Crane医生 我在聆听 |
[09:43] | Hi, Dr. Crane. This is Ralph. | 嗨 Crane医生 我是Ralph |
[09:45] | The guy whose tire you changed tonight? | 就是你今晚帮忙换了轮胎的人 |
[09:47] | Ralph! Well, what a wonderful surprise. | Ralph 真是个惊喜啊 |
[09:50] | Let me first say to our listeners | 让我先跟听众朋友们说明一下 |
[09:51] | that this call was not solicited in any way. You go ahead, Ralph. | 这个来电可不是预先安排的 继续说吧 Ralph |
[09:54] | Dr. Crane, I was just wondering, do you wear cuff links? | Crane医生 我只是想问你戴袖扣吗 |
[09:57] | Well, yes, as a matter of fact, I do. | 对 我是戴的 |
[09:59] | But there’s no need to buy me a gift. | 不过没必要给我买礼物 |
[10:01] | A gift!? You scratched the hell out of my paint job with those things! | 还礼物 你的袖扣把我的车都刮花了 |
[10:04] | You owe me money! | 你还欠我钱呢 |
[10:07] | You can’t be serious. | 你说笑呢吧 |
[10:08] | How much damage could cuff links do to a car | 袖扣能对车子造成多大伤害 |
[10:10] | whose side window consists of duct tape and a Hefty bag? | 何况这辆车的侧窗是用胶带跟密封袋做成的 |
[10:15] | Ah, you’ll find out when my lawyer sends you the bill! | 哈 我的律师会寄给你的账单 你等着吧 |
[10:18] | Let me remind you again, listeners, that call was not solicited. | 提醒一下 听众朋友们 这个来电不是预先安排的 |
[10:37] | Oh, great! | 好极了 |
[10:39] | Somebody else in need of a good Samaritan. | 又一个需要好心人帮忙的 |
[10:44] | Maybe if I ignore her, she’ll stop waving. | 也许我无视她 她就不会继续招手了 |
[10:49] | But what am I gonna do? Just leave her standing in the rain? | 但难道我要任她一直站在雨中 |
[10:52] | Then again, every one of my good deeds today | 可是 我今天做的所有好事 |
[10:56] | has ended up biting me in the butt. | 最后都反咬了我一口 |
[11:08] | Such nasty weather. May I offer you a ride? | 这天气真是讨厌 需要我捎你一段吗 |
[11:11] | Oh, thank you. | 噢 谢谢 |
[11:20] | I didn’t think anyone was gonna stop tonight. | 我都绝望了 以为不会有谁会停下来了 |
[11:22] | Well, chivalry may be on life support, but it’s not dead. | 骑士精神可能已经进了ICU了 但还没死呢 |
[11:26] | – Ooh, seat warmers. – Yes, they’re standard. | – 唔 座椅加热器 – 是的 这是标配 |
[11:28] | There’s a little control on the side if you want more leg room. | 要是你想把座椅往后调 可以用旁边的小控制器 |
[11:31] | – Now where can I take you? – It’s up to you. | – 你要去哪儿呢 – 由你决定呀 |
[11:33] | We can get a room or we can do it here in the car. | 我们可以去开个房 或者就在这车里 |
[11:40] | Oh, dear God. | 苍天啊 |
[11:41] | – You are a prostitute. – How far do these go back? | – 你是妓女 – 这椅背能往后靠多远 |
[11:45] | Look, I’m sorry. There’s been a mistake. | 听着 抱歉 我之前误解了 |
[11:48] | – Oh, don’t be nervous, baby. – I’m not nervous. | – 噢 别紧张 宝贝儿 – 我没紧张 |
[11:50] | And would you please put your seat up? | 还有 你能把椅子调直吗 |
[11:52] | I’ll put it any way you like it, honey. | 亲爱的 你想我怎么放我就怎么放 |
[11:54] | Stop talking to me that way! | 别再这么跟我说话 |
[11:56] | For God’s sake! All right, now please, | 老天哪 请听好 |
[11:58] | I’m sorry about this misunderstanding, but get out of my car. | 抱歉我之前误解了 但现在请你下车 |
[12:00] | Well, why the hell did you pick me up? | 那你刚刚干嘛把我带走 |
[12:01] | I was trying to be a gentleman. Now get out! | 我只是想做一名绅士 送你一程 给我下去 |
[12:05] | I’m not walking all the way back to my corner. | 我才不会一路走回我的街角去呢 |
[12:07] | – Give me some money for a cab. – All right, fine. | – 给我点钱打的 – 好吧 给你 |
[12:10] | Oh, Lord, I guess I must have left my wallet at the station. | 靠 我肯定把钱包落在电台了 |
[12:13] | Well, how in the hell were you going to pay for me? | 那你本来打算怎么付我钱 |
[12:15] | I wasn’t going to pay for you! | 我根本没打算付你钱 |
[12:18] | Oh, good lord. Oh, here’s a 20 dollar bill. Now get out. | 老天 这20刀给你 赶紧给我下去 |
[12:21] | Oh, God, get out! Get out! Hurry, get out now! | 怎么这么倒霉 你快下去 快快 |
[12:24] | It’s too late. They’ve seen us. | 晚了 他们看见我们了 |
[12:26] | I don’t believe this is happening to me. | 怎么这么倒霉 喝凉水都塞牙 |
[12:32] | Hello, officer. | 你好 警官 |
[12:34] | Just how fast was I going? | 我刚刚超速了吗 |
[12:36] | Hey, don’t I know you? | 嘿 我好像认识你 |
[12:37] | – No, no, I don’t believe so. – I’m not talking to you. | – 不不 应该不认识 – 我不是说你 |
[12:40] | Didn’t I bust you last week? | 我上个礼拜不是刚把你逮进去吗 |
[12:42] | Give me a break, buddy. I’m trying to earn a living here. | 放过我吧 兄弟 我也不过是混口饭吃 |
[12:51] | Was it really necessary to take my belt and tie? | 有必要拿走我的皮带领带吗 |
[12:54] | Standard procedure. It’s for your own protection. | 规定流程 是为了保护你 |
[12:56] | For God’s sake, you had me in the drunk tank. | 老天 你们可是把我跟一堆醉汉关在一起 |
[12:59] | If I wanted to kill myself, I would’ve taken a deep breath. | 我要自杀的话 来个深呼吸不就可以了 |
[13:06] | – Frasier – Niles – Frasier! – Niles. | |
[13:08] | You certainly took your sweet time. | 您还真是慢条斯理啊 |
[13:10] | I’ve been waiting here two hours. | 我都在这儿等了两个钟头了 |
[13:12] | Well, I’m sorry, Niles. | 抱歉啊 Niles |
[13:14] | I guess what with the pillow fight in the holding tank | 大概是看守所里的小打小闹 |
[13:16] | and the pre-mug shot makeover, | 还有拍嫌犯照片前的化妆 |
[13:18] | time just got away from me. Will you stop it! | 害我都没注意时间过了这么久 你能别BB了吗 |
[13:23] | Just bail me out of here. | 快把我保出去 |
[13:24] | I can’t stand another minute in this place. | 我一刻都待不下去了 |
[13:26] | All right. Excuse me. | 好吧 你好 |
[13:28] | If you could get our bill together, | 请汇总我们所有的账单 |
[13:29] | 不接受支票 只能现金或刷卡 | |
[13:29] | we’re ready to settle up here. | 我们准备现在结清 |
[13:32] | It’s 500 bucks. | 一共五百刀 |
[13:34] | Five hundre… Frasier, I don’t have that kind of cash on me. | 五百 Frasier 我没那么多现金 |
[13:38] | Put it on your credit card! | 那就刷你的信用卡 |
[13:39] | And have “Bail” appear on my statement? | 然后让”保释”这词儿出现在我的账单上 |
[13:42] | Do you know the kind of junk mail I would get…? | 你知道我会收到多少垃圾邮件吗 |
[13:44] | Just do it! | 赶紧付 |
[13:45] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[13:48] | There you are. | 给你 |
[13:50] | So, what happened? A prostitute? | 到底怎么回事 一个妓女 |
[13:56] | Please, I told you on the phone. | 拜托 我电话里已经告诉你了 |
[13:58] | – I didn’t know she was a prostitute. – Uh-huh… | – 我不知道她是妓女 – 嗯嗯 |
[14:00] | I saw a woman stranded in the rain. | 我看见一位女士 困在雨中 |
[14:02] | Naturally, I offered her a ride. | 很自然 我想送她回家 |
[14:04] | Before I knew it, i was handcuffed to this bench, | 然后莫名其妙 我就被铐在这条板凳上 |
[14:06] | surrounded by this motley assortment of… | 被这么群乱七八糟的 |
[14:09] | other wrongfully accused gentlemen. | 同样蒙冤的绅士们包围着 |
[14:16] | – Sir, your card didn’t go through. – What? | – 先生 你的卡刷不了 – 什么 |
[14:21] | That’s right. Maris’s lawyers had my credit limit reduced. | 噢 对 Maris的律师把我的信用卡额度降低了 |
[14:24] | Oh, no. | 不 |
[14:24] | It’s been so bad this week when I went to the cheese shop | 这个礼拜我去芝士店想买”环球”拼盘来着 |
[14:27] | for their “Around the World” platter, they cut me off at Luxembourg. | 结果只到了卢森堡 就没钱了 |
[14:32] | Would you please call Dad and get him down here? | 你能打电话给老爸让他来一下吗 |
[14:34] | All right. All right. | 好的 好的 |
[14:38] | Yeah, Dad, hi. My credit card was declined. | 老爸 嗨 我的信用卡刷爆了 |
[14:41] | Well, we need yours. Yeah. Well, right, yeah, I’ll see you soon. | 嗯 我们得用你的 对对 待会儿见 |
[14:45] | Oh, God, this is intolerable. | 这真是太磨人了 |
[14:47] | Now it’ll take him 20 minutes to get here. | 他要20分钟后才能到这儿 |
[14:48] | – No, no, he’s waiting in the car. – What? | – 不不 他就在车里等着呢 – 什么 |
[14:51] | Why didn’t he come in? | 他怎么不进来 |
[14:52] | Frasier, this was his old precinct. | Frasier 这里是他以前的辖区 |
[14:55] | When we pulled up outside, | 我们刚刚停车的时候 |
[14:56] | I saw a look on his face | 他脸上出现了一种久违的表情 |
[14:57] | I haven’t seen since he drove us home | 上一次看到还是我们第一次也是唯一一次 |
[14:58] | from our first and only Little League game. | 参加少年棒球联赛后他带我们回家的时候 |
[15:03] | – Oh, Dad. – Shhh. Hold it down, will ya? | – 噢 老爸 – 嘘 低调 好吗 |
[15:06] | Dad, I’m so sorry. What happened was… | 老爸 我很抱歉 是这么回事儿 |
[15:09] | No, I don’t need to know. I didn’t come down here to judge. | 不 我不需要知道 我过来不是要指责你 |
[15:12] | You’re my son, and I love you. | 你是我儿子 我爱你 |
[15:13] | Yes, for God’s sakes, Dad, I didn’t… | 我知道 但老爸 我没有 |
[15:15] | Why don’t we pay up, and get out of here, okay? | 我们还是赶紧付清了离开这儿吧 |
[15:17] | – Hey, Marty. – Hey, Fred. | – 嘿 Marty – 嘿 Fred |
[15:18] | Listen, I wouldn’t take this too hard, Marty. | 听着 Marty 我不会太把这个当回事儿 |
[15:21] | You remember Captain Petchesky’s son | 你还记得吗 Petchesky警监的儿子 |
[15:23] | turned out to be the Colman Park pervert. | 结果是科尔曼公园变态 |
[15:25] | – Yeah, thanks. – And Sergeant O’Brien’s daughter | – 记得 谢谢 – 还有O’Brien警长的女儿 |
[15:28] | – does all them cable movies. – Yeah, I heard. | – 有线电视里的小黄片里都是她 – 嗯 我听说了 |
[15:30] | You can pick her out. She’s got his chin. | 你能认出她来的 她遗传了他的下巴 |
[15:32] | Yeah, could we just… get on with it here? | 我们能先处理完这个吗 |
[15:36] | Dad, will you let me explain? | 老爸 你能让我解释一下吗 |
[15:38] | Frasier, look, I understand. I was in the Army. | Frasier 我理解你 我在部队待过 |
[15:40] | We all have our urges. | 男人都有需求 |
[15:41] | – Just sign here. – But dad… you don’t understand… | – 在这儿签字就好了 – 但老爸 你不明白 |
[15:43] | All that happened was… | 这件事就是 |
[15:45] | Bye, Dr. Crane. Sorry I got you arrested. | 拜拜 Crane医生 抱歉害你被捕了 |
[15:48] | Oh, that’s all right, Crystal. These things happen. | 噢 没事儿 Crystal 世事难料 |
[15:57] | He had a wig on! | 他当时戴了顶假发 |
[16:01] | – You’re my son and I love you. – Oh, will you stop saying that! | – 你是我儿子 我爱你 – 你能别这么说了吗 |
[16:08] | I still don’t know what you were thinking. | 我还是搞不懂你当时在想什么 |
[16:10] | Middle of the night, deserted street, | 深更半夜 渺无人烟的街道 |
[16:12] | – picking up a strange woman. – A very strange woman. | – 让个陌生女人搭车 – 嗯 非常奇怪的女人 |
[16:17] | Obviously I wasn’t thinking. | 我明显没动脑子 |
[16:19] | Thank God now it’s all over. | 谢天谢地一切都结束了 |
[16:21] | I can just spend a quiet weekend here with Frederick. | 我可以跟Frederick安静地过个周末了 |
[16:24] | Oh, dear God! | 我勒个去 |
[16:28] | – “Doc’s Pal is a Mock Gal.” – Oh! | – “医生的女伴是个人妖” – 噢 |
[16:32] | Oh! | 嗷 |
[16:34] | Will this nightmare never end? | 这噩梦何时是个头 |
[16:36] | Now listen, Dad, we’re bound to get a lot of calls about this thing. | 听着 老爸 肯定会有好多人打电话来问东问西的 |
[16:39] | Please do not answer the phone. Don’t talk to anybody. | 别接电话 不要跟任何人说话 |
[16:41] | Just let the machine get it. | 让他们留言吧 |
[16:42] | You don’t want to give them anything that | 跟他们说的话 谁知道会被 |
[16:43] | they can turn into something tawdry… | 歪曲成什么低俗的 |
[16:45] | Yeah, I live with Dr. Crane. | 是的 我跟Crane医生一起住 |
[16:46] | Yeah, there’s quite a bit of massage involved. | 没错 的确会做些按摩 |
[16:48] | Daphne Daphne! | |
[16:50] | Mostly around the hips, thighs, and buttocks. | 主要是臀部和大腿那块儿 |
[16:52] | God! Give me that! | 靠 快给我 |
[16:54] | No comment! | 无可奉告 |
[16:55] | Oh, no, Daphne, please, don’t answer the phone. | Daphne 拜托 别接电话 |
[16:58] | Let the machine pick up. | 让他们留言吧 |
[16:59] | Yeah, well, the machine’s filled up. Everyone’s been calling. | 可是留言箱都满了 所有人都打电话过来了 |
[17:02] | – Oh, God. Where’s Frederick? – He’s still asleep. | – 头疼 Frederick在哪儿 – 他还在睡觉 |
[17:05] | Look, Dr. Crane, I just want to say you’re the victim here. | 那个 Crane医生 我只是想说你才是受害者 |
[17:08] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[17:09] | Yeah, American society’s so close-minded | 美国民众怎么能这么闭塞 |
[17:11] | when it comes to sexual experimentation. | 谈性色变呢 |
[17:13] | – In Europe… – Daphne, I didn’t do anything wrong! | – 在我们欧洲 – Daphne 我没干什么丢人的事儿 |
[17:15] | Well, exactly! That’s what I’m trying to say. | 对啊 我就是这个意思 |
[17:18] | Oh, God, I guess I deserve all this. | 唉 我大概是咎由自取 |
[17:21] | I certainly had enough warning to stop being such a Boy Scout, | 昨天的事儿件件都是警告 让我不要这么理想主义 |
[17:25] | but did I listen? No. | 但我听了吗 没有 |
[17:27] | Well, from now on, Dr. Crane, | 从现在开始 Crane医生 |
[17:30] | or as Seattle now knows him, “Dr. Strangelove”… | 或者说现在西雅图都知道的”奇怪爱好者医生” |
[17:36] | …is out of the Samaritan business. | 再也不好心帮助别人了 |
[17:38] | Thank you, Niles. | 谢谢 Niles |
[17:40] | Frasier, have you given much thought to | Frasier 你有想过 |
[17:42] | what you’re going to tell Frederick? | 怎么跟Frederick说这事儿吗 |
[17:45] | Oh, God. | 天呐 |
[17:48] | How can I possibly explain it to him? | 我怎么跟他解释呢 |
[17:50] | Well, I… I guess the key is not to be evasive. | 我想最重要的应该是不闪烁其词 |
[17:53] | He’s gonna hear about it sooner or later. | 他早晚会听说的 |
[17:55] | I guess it should be from me. | 必须得是由我告诉他 |
[17:57] | After all, I am a trained professional. | 毕竟我是训练有素的专业人士 |
[17:58] | I’ll be able to do it in a way that won’t traumatize the child. | 我能把对他的伤害降到最低 |
[18:01] | Freddie, don’t touch that! | Freddie 别碰那报纸 |
[18:09] | You know, uh… I could use a glass of orange juice. | 那个 呃 我想喝橙汁来着 |
[18:12] | Yeah, I think I’m gonna go in the kitchen and get a glass. | 我去厨房倒一杯好了 |
[18:14] | Oh, orange juice. Yum. I’m going to come with you for that. | 噢 橙汁 好喝好喝 我也去 |
[18:19] | – Am I having another surprise party? – No. | – 还有一个惊喜派对在等着我吗 – 不是 |
[18:23] | No, Frederick, here, si.. sit down for a second, son. | 不是 Frederick 来 过来坐会儿 儿子 |
[18:26] | I… I’ve got something I’ve got to talk to you about. | 我 我有些话要跟你说 |
[18:30] | For the next couple of days, | 接下来的几天 |
[18:31] | you’re gonna hear some rather nasty stories | 你会听到一些关于你老爸的 |
[18:34] | and some snide jokes about your old man… | 讽刺挖苦 蜚短流长 |
[18:38] | Mom’s coming? | 妈妈要来了吗 |
[18:46] | No. No, no, she’s not. | 不不不 她没有要来 |
[18:49] | It’s… It’s very hard for me to tell you this, | 真的 真的是难以启齿 |
[18:52] | but I just spent the night in jail. | 我昨晚在看守所待了一夜 |
[18:54] | Wow, like Brad Johnson’s dad. | 哇 就像Brad Johnson的爸爸 |
[18:57] | Well, that was different. Insider trading is wrong. | 这个不一样 内幕交易是不对的 |
[19:02] | What did you do? | 那你做了什么 |
[19:03] | Well, I saw a woman standing in the rain, | 我看到一位女士站在雨中 |
[19:06] | and I gave her a ride. | 我就主动让她搭车了 |
[19:08] | You can go to jail for that? | 你居然因为这个就去看守所 |
[19:10] | Well, it depends on the sort of woman. | 这要看是哪种女人 |
[19:13] | You see, this particular woman, | 这个女人 |
[19:14] | this uh… person was a prostitute. | 这个 呃 人是一个妓女 |
[19:21] | But I… I didn’t know that until it was too late. | 但 等我知道的时候已经迟了 |
[19:24] | A prostitute? | 一个妓女 |
[19:26] | Oh, God, how can I explain this? | 老天 我该怎么解释 |
[19:30] | A prostitute is someone | 妓女就是 |
[19:31] | who engages in sexual relations with other people for money. | 为了钱与他人进行性行为的人 |
[19:35] | Dad, I’m eleven. I know what a prostitute is. | 爸 我已经11岁了 我知道什么是妓女 |
[19:40] | But why did you pick one up? | 那你为什么让她搭车呢 |
[19:44] | Well, you see, I didn’t know that | 那个 我当时不知道 |
[19:47] | it was a prostitute at the time. | 那是个妓女 |
[19:49] | I was only trying to do a good deed. | 我只是好心想帮忙 |
[19:53] | And I guess in hindsight, it was all a big mistake. | 现在回想起来 我真是大错特错 |
[19:56] | I just should have minded my own business. | 我应该管好自己的事儿就好 |
[19:58] | So, what are you saying, Dad? You shouldn’t try to help people? | 那你的意思是什么呢 爸爸 你不该去帮助别人吗 |
[20:03] | Well… | 这个 |
[20:19] | – May I offer you a ride? – Oh, thank you. | – 你需要搭车吗 – 噢 谢谢你 |
[20:27] | I waved at you a couple of times, but I didn’t think you saw me. | 我朝你挥了好几次手 但你好像没看到我 |
[20:30] | Yes, well, I noticed you. | 我注意到你了 |
[20:31] | I was just having sort of a bad daydream. | 不过就是做了会儿白日噩梦 |
[20:35] | So where can I take you? | 那么要我送你到哪儿 |
[20:37] | Same place you’re going. | 你去哪儿我就去哪儿 |
[20:39] | – Oh, dear God, you’re… – Laura Hilton. | – 老天 你是 – Laura Hilton |
[20:42] | – I live in your building. – Of course. Laura. Hi. | – 我跟你住一幢楼 – 当然了 Laura 嗨 |
[20:47] | I’m so glad you stopped when you did. | 真高兴你停下来载我 |
[20:49] | Oh, I’m certainly glad I stopped too. | 我也很高兴停下来载了你 |