时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:09] | – Hello. – Hey, how was your afternoon? | – 嘿 – 嘿 下午过得怎么样 |
[00:11] | Do you know what this wonderful man did? | 你们知道这个好男人做了什么吗 |
[00:14] | Oh, Daphne, please don’t… | Daphne 别这么 |
[00:15] | He filled a basket full of me favorite English foods: | 他装了满满一篮子我最爱的英国食物 |
[00:18] | Blood pudding, jellied eels, kidney pie. | 血肠 鳗鱼冻 腰子派 |
[00:21] | Then he hid it in the shrubs | 藏在灌木丛里 |
[00:23] | so we’d stumble upon it during our stroll through the park. | 好让我们在公园散步的时候发现 |
[00:26] | I was afraid that somebody would find it before we got there, | 我还有点担心别人在我们之前发现了呢 |
[00:28] | but fortunately, untouched. | 不过好在 完好无损 |
[00:30] | Yes. Just because it was untouched doesn’t mean someone didn’t find it. | 完好无损不代表没人发现 |
[00:35] | – Hello, Dr. Crane. – Hello, Daphne. | – 嘿 Crane医生 – 嘿 Daphne |
[00:37] | Donny Donny. | |
[00:39] | Hey, tiger. Look what I got for you. Think fast. | 嘿 小老虎 看我给你带了什么 快猜 |
[00:45] | What are the keys to? | 这是什么的钥匙啊 |
[00:47] | Your ex-wife’s lakefront cottage. | 你前妻的湖滨小屋 |
[00:49] | Now your lakefront cottage. | 现在是你的了 |
[00:51] | A little something I hammered out for you in the settlement. | 我从离婚协议里挖出来的小东西 |
[00:53] | Thank you. Donny, I never thought I’d see Shady Glen again. | 谢谢 Donny 我从没想过还能再见到这座小屋 |
[00:57] | – Goodbye. – Bye. | – 再见 – 拜 |
[00:59] | Well, congratulations, Niles. | 恭喜啊 Niles |
[01:01] | Yeah, looks like Donny really did a job on Maris’ legal team. | 可不 Donney还真是对Maris的律师团做过功课了 |
[01:04] | Yes, well, he certainly is ruthless, all right. | 对啊 他很无情的好吧 |
[01:07] | As a divorce lawyer, | 作为一名离婚律师 |
[01:08] | what a callous attitude he must have toward human relationships. | 他对人类感情得持多么冷酷的态度啊 |
[01:12] | Yeah, you’d think so, Dr. Crane, | 对啊 你可能这么认为 Crane医生 |
[01:14] | but actually, it’s just the opposite. | 但是其实正好相反 |
[01:15] | I’ve never met anyone so incredibly romantic. | 我从没遇过这么浪漫的人 |
[01:18] | Yes, well, I’m sure he seems that way on the outside. | 是啊 我敢说他就是在外人面前才这样的 |
[01:20] | Oh, Niles, please. | Niles 行啦 |
[01:23] | It’s unseemly enough when she’s actually in the room. | 就算她在屋里听不着 这么说也不合适啊 |
[01:25] | I’m sorry. What am I supposed to do? I… | 抱歉 我该怎么办啊 |
[01:28] | For the first time since I’ve known her, | 从我认识她到现在 |
[01:30] | I’m free and single and now she’s with someone. | 我终于单身了 可是她跟别人在一起了 |
[01:32] | – I’m supposed to suffer in silence? – I’d take that. | – 我就该在沉默里灭亡吗 – 我看行 |
[01:36] | I just don’t understand. What does she see in him? | 我不能理解 她从他身上看出啥优点了 |
[01:39] | If you were Daphne, would you go out with Donny? | 如果你是Daphne 你会跟Donny约会吗 |
[01:41] | Well, no, but I wouldn’t massage Dad’s ass for what I pay her either. | 不会 不过就她现在的薪水 |
[01:43] | Well, no, but I wouldn’t massage Dad’s ass for what I pay her either. | 我也不会给爸按摩屁股的 |
[01:48] | Look, I’m sorry, Niles. | 听我说 抱歉 Niles |
[01:49] | It’s just Donny and Daphne seem very happy together. | Donny和Daphne在一起很开心 |
[01:51] | See, either it’s true love, | 他们要么就是真爱 |
[01:52] | in which case it’s too late for you to declare yourself, | 你也就没机会表白了 |
[01:54] | or it’s just a temporary infatuation. | 要么就是短暂的激情 |
[01:56] | It’s got to be. It’s got to be. | 肯定是 肯定是 |
[01:58] | In which case, it will pass. | 那么肯定会有过去的一天 |
[01:59] | And then you can make your move. | 那时你就可以行动啦 |
[02:02] | In the meantime, I suggest that maybe you start looking elsewhere. | 在这期间 我建议你转移一下视线 |
[02:06] | You know, maybe make a fresh start. | 尝试点新鲜事 |
[02:07] | Do something to get your mind off of Daphne. | 做点什么来分散一下你对Daphne的注意力 |
[02:10] | I know, I know, it’s just difficult. | 我知道 我明白 但是太难了 |
[02:12] | Yes, I understand. Say, you know what? I’ve got an idea. | 对啊 我理解啊 你猜怎么着 我有办法了 |
[02:14] | Why don’t the three of us | 为什么咱仨不在周末的时候 |
[02:15] | go to that new cabin of yours for the weekend? | 去你刚得到的那个小屋呢 |
[02:17] | Sorry, I can’t. I got a dentist appointment Saturday morning. | 抱歉 我去不了了 我周六早晨得见牙医 |
[02:20] | That’s all right Dad, | 没事啊 爸 |
[02:21] | Niles can go up on Friday night, put things together, | Niles可以周五晚上过去 收拾一下东西 |
[02:23] | and then you and I can drive up on Saturday afternoon. | 咱俩可以周六下午开车过去 |
[02:25] | Why not? It’s a fabulous place, Dad. | 去吧 那地方可美了 爸 |
[02:27] | It’s got a stereo and a big-screen TV and a sauna, wine cellar. | 有音响 大电视 桑拿房 还有酒窖 |
[02:30] | Perfect for three guys roughing it in the wilderness. | 太适合三个男人一起疯狂一把了 |
[02:34] | Well, I’m game. | 好啊 我加入 |
[02:35] | You know what, I can stop at the butcher, pick up a couple of ducks | 我还可以去趟肉店 买点鸭子 |
[02:37] | and make my justly celebrated duck L’orange. | 做一道拿手的香橙煎鸭肉 |
[02:40] | Washed down with a winsome-yet-robust Chambertin. | 配上温柔又强烈的香贝丹 |
[02:43] | – Chambertin. – Yeah. | – 香贝丹 – 太棒了 |
[02:44] | I’ll bring a quart of whisky in case of snakebite. | 我再带一夸脱的威士忌以防被蛇咬了 |
[02:46] | Dad, Dad, there are no snakes up there. | 爸 爸 那地方没有蛇 |
[02:48] | All right, I’ll bring a snake. | 好吧 那我带条蛇 |
[02:52] | God, this is great, Niles. You know, I’ve gotta dash down to the mailbox, | 天 太好了 Niles 我下楼一趟 |
[02:55] | drop that letter in before the last pick-up. | 好赶在最后一次收信前把信放进去 |
[02:57] | Niles, trust me. | Niles 信我的 |
[02:59] | You’ll be glad you took my advice on this one. | 你肯定会庆幸这次听了我的建议 |
[03:02] | I already am. Thank you, Fraiser. | 我已经很高兴了 谢谢你 Frasier |
[03:03] | It’s going to do me a world | 这事肯定能给我一个全新的世界 |
[03:04] | of good to get away from Daphne for a while. | 好让我从Daphne身上转移一段时间的 |
[03:05] | Yes, I couldn’t agree more. | 就是 我太同意了 |
[03:08] | Hey, Daphne, how would you like to see my new lakefront cottage? | 嘿 Daphne 你想不想去看看我的新湖滨小屋啊 |
[03:11] | – Sounds lovely. When? – This weekend. | – 听着不错 什么时候 – 这周末 |
[03:13] | We’re all going. You can drive with me on Friday | 我们都去 你可以周五开车跟我过去 |
[03:15] | and Dad and Frasier will be right behind. | 爸和Frasier也马上就去 |
[03:17] | Oh, that’s very sweet, Dr. Crane. But I can’t. | 不错啊Crane医生 我不能去了 |
[03:20] | One of me cousins is going to San Francisco this weekend | 我有个表妹这周末去旧金山 |
[03:23] | and I promised I’d fly down. | 我答应她我也去的 |
[03:24] | – That’s a shame. – Yeah. | – 那太可惜了 – 对啊 |
[03:26] | Donny’s not too thrilled about it either. | Donny也不太高兴 |
[03:28] | – He wanted to come with me. – And he’s not? | – 他想跟我一起去 – 他不去吗 |
[03:31] | No, that would have meant staying in a hotel together, | 不去 去的话就意味着我俩得一起住 |
[03:34] | and I’m not sure we’re ready for that yet. | 我不确定我俩准备好了没呢 |
[03:37] | I suppose you think I’m being a bit old-fashioned. | 我猜你肯定觉得我特古板吧 |
[03:39] | Dear God in heaven, no. | 亲爱的上帝啊 当然没有 |
[03:43] | You can’t force these things. | 这种事不能强求的 |
[03:45] | You have to wait for the moment when you know it’s right. | 你要等到对的时机才行 |
[03:47] | And sometimes the moment never comes | 有时候这个时机一直都不来 |
[03:49] | and you just have to move on. | 就只好分手了 |
[03:51] | I really appreciate the invitation | 太感谢你邀请我了 |
[03:53] | and I hope you’ll invite me again. | 希望你以后能再邀请我一次 |
[03:54] | All right, Daphne, how would | 好啊 Daphne 你想不想 |
[03:55] | you like to see my new lakefront cottage? | 去看看我的湖滨小屋呀 |
[03:58] | You’re silly. | 傻不傻啊你 |
[04:07] | – Martin, Niles. – Hey. | – Martin Niles – 嘿 |
[04:10] | – Boy, this place is jammed. – Oh, here, Roz, you can have my seat. | – 这地方挤死了 – 来 Roz 你可以坐我这 |
[04:13] | – I’m on my way to Duke’s. – Thank you. | – 我要去Duke家一趟 – 谢谢 |
[04:14] | Yeah. So how’s the world treating you? | 没事 最近过得怎么样啊 |
[04:17] | Like dirt. | 还不如尘土呢 |
[04:19] | My social life is non-existent. | 我的社交生活一片空白 |
[04:22] | Every time I meet a guy who’s halfway decent, | 每次我遇见一个还算不错的男人 |
[04:24] | all I have to do is mention I got a kid | 只要我稍微提一句我有个女儿 |
[04:26] | and he runs like a cheap pair of pantyhose. | 他就跑得像廉价长筒袜粘在一起一样快 |
[04:29] | Well, maybe you and Niles can cheer each other up. | 大概你和Niles可以互相安慰一下 |
[04:32] | – Dad. – Why, what’s his problem? | – 爸 – 为啥 他咋了 |
[04:33] | Oh, Daphne’s got a new boyfriend and it’s eating him up. | Daphne交了新男友 简直要了他的命 |
[04:35] | Dad. | 爸 |
[04:36] | What? You got a thing for Daphne? | 什么 你喜欢Daphne |
[04:38] | You didn’t know that after all these years? | 这么多年了你都不知道 |
[04:40] | No, I can’t believe Daphne never told me. | 不知道啊 真不敢相信Daphne从来没跟我说过 |
[04:42] | Aw, how could she? She doesn’t know either. | 她咋告诉你啊 她也不知道啊 |
[04:43] | You’re kidding. | 你开玩笑呢吧 |
[04:45] | Yes. Yes, he’s a great kidder. | 对啊 他太会开玩笑了 |
[04:47] | Now, you, Dad, run along | 老爸 快走 |
[04:47] | and you be very careful crossing streets. | 过马路的时候最好小心点 |
[04:50] | Six years, can you believe it? | 六年了 你信吗 |
[04:52] | Some people just don’t even know when it’s time to pull the plug. | 有些人永远不知道该何时扣下发射的扳机 |
[04:55] | Well, I won’t make that mistake twice. | 我不会再犯这种错误了 |
[04:59] | So let me get this straight. | 咱们说清楚啊 |
[05:01] | You’ve been hot for Daphne all this time | 你喜欢Daphne这么久 |
[05:02] | and you’ve never made a move? | 但从没行动过 |
[05:04] | I was a happily married man. | 我那时候是幸福的已婚男人 |
[05:06] | You were never happy. | 你从来都没幸福过好吗 |
[05:07] | And you’ve been separated for almost two years. | 而且你已经离婚快两年了啊 |
[05:10] | Well, somehow, the right moment never came along. | 怎么说呢 时机一直都不太对 |
[05:13] | Oh, come on. | 得了吧 |
[05:14] | I’m not trying to make you feel bad, | 我不是想让你不好受 |
[05:17] | it’s just, waiting all this time, | 只是 等了这么久 |
[05:19] | and now she’s got a boyfriend. | 现在她都有男朋友了 |
[05:22] | My God, that is really pathetic. | 天呐 你这也太悲剧了啊 |
[05:27] | Obviously, you’ve never let someone | 很显然 你肯定没有尝过 |
[05:29] | you’ve grown to care deeply about get away. | 让深爱的人离开的滋味 |
[05:31] | Well, sure I have. | 我当然有了 |
[05:32] | I’m not talking about | 我可不是指农民 |
[05:33] | when the migrant workers leave at the end of the picking season. | “采摘”季节结束之后就离开了那种 |
[05:41] | No, really. I’ve had a couple of boyfriends | 当然不是啊 我有几个男朋友 |
[05:42] | I shouldn’t have let get away. | 我确实不该让他们离开的 |
[05:45] | – Serious relationships? – Yeah. | – 认真交往的那些吗 – 对啊 |
[05:47] | I can name one right off the top of my head. | 我马上就可以说出一个名字来 |
[05:48] | That lawyer I gave you, Donny. | 我介绍给你的那个律师 Donny |
[05:51] | – Really? – Yeah. | – 真的吗 – 是啊 |
[05:53] | I mean, you only know him professionally, | 你们只谈正事 |
[05:54] | but he’s very funny, warm, thoughtful. | 但他其实非常幽默 温暖 很贴心 |
[06:00] | We were together for about six months, | 我们在一起了六个月 |
[06:02] | but he really wanted a family and I wasn’t ready | 当时他特别想结婚 但是我还没有准备好 |
[06:04] | so I dumped him. | 所以我就把他甩了 |
[06:05] | Now I have the family, but no Donny. | 现在我有家庭了 但是没有Donny了 |
[06:09] | Gee, I wonder who he’s seeing these days. | 我很好奇他最近在和谁约会呢 |
[06:13] | What’s so funny? | 什么这么好笑啊 |
[06:15] | I’ll tell you in a minute. | 我等下再告诉你 |
[06:17] | I just want to savor it. You’ve been having all the fun. | 我得先自己享受一会 你已经笑话我这么久了 |
[06:21] | So tell me. | 现在告诉我吧 |
[06:23] | Donny is Daphne’s boyfriend. | Donny就是Daphne的男朋友 |
[06:25] | That’s not funny. When did this happen? | 这一点也不好笑 这什么时候的事 |
[06:29] | Well, she met him when he was working on my case. | 他俩是处理我的案子时认识的 |
[06:33] | Wow, and I was calling you a loser. | 我还说你是废柴呢 |
[06:36] | – You never called me a loser. – In my head I did. | – 你没叫啊 – 在心里叫了 |
[06:41] | Well, at the moment, I have to agree with you. | 有些时候我觉得你说的对 |
[06:43] | I’ve had plenty of opportunities and I always chickened out. | 我有过那么多的机会 但我总在退缩 |
[06:47] | Don’t blame yourself. | 也不怪你 |
[06:49] | She’s living with your brother, working for your dad. | 她跟你哥哥住一起 还替你爸爸工作 |
[06:52] | – It’s an awkward situation. – It is. | – 这种情况确实挺尴尬的 – 就是啊 |
[06:55] | Well, don’t feel bad about Donny. | 也别觉得错过Donny可惜了 |
[06:57] | It wasn’t right for you at the time, that’s nobody’s fault. | 当时你俩不合适 这也不是谁的错啊 |
[07:01] | Thanks, Niles. | 谢谢你 Niles |
[07:03] | Hey, listen, the next time you find somebody you like, | 听着 下次再遇见你喜欢的人 |
[07:05] | don’t wait so long to tell her. | 别等这么久都不告诉她 |
[07:09] | I’ve got a babysitter waiting. | 保姆在等我了 |
[07:10] | Mrs. Hines is 70 years old, | Hines夫人70岁了 |
[07:13] | has a mole like Abe Lincoln, | 还有个像林肯那样的痦子 |
[07:15] | but I bet she has plans for the weekend. | 但我敢打赌 连她周末都有约会 |
[07:18] | You know what? I just had the craziest idea. | 我突然冒出一个疯狂的念头 |
[07:21] | My settlement with Maris includes a beautiful lakefront cottage, | 我从离婚协议里得到一个湖滨小屋 |
[07:24] | and I’m going up there this afternoon. | 我今天下午就准备过去 |
[07:26] | Why don’t you come along? You can bring Alice. | 你要不要跟我一起去 把Alice也带上 |
[07:29] | Are you serious? | 你说真的吗 |
[07:31] | Well, Frasier and Dad are coming up tomorrow. | Frasier和我爸明天去 |
[07:33] | But tonight, it’d just be us. | 但是今晚就咱俩 |
[07:34] | Love’s losers, licking our wounds, laughing at our pain. | 爱情输家 一起舔舐伤口 嘲讽彼此的痛苦吧 |
[07:38] | Gee, I don’t know, I… | 我天 我不知道啊 我 |
[07:40] | Frasier’s making duck L’orange and I’m bringing the wine. | Frasier准备做香橙煎鸭肉 我会带葡萄酒 |
[07:43] | What about it? | 怎么样 |
[07:45] | I never thought I’d say this, but you’re on. | 我从没想过我会说这话 我愿意去 |
[07:51] | In a funny way, this reminds me | 这么说有点好笑 但是我想起了 |
[07:52] | of that wonderful moment in Streetcar Named Desire | <欲望号街车>里的一个经典瞬间 |
[07:54] | when the brutish Stanley says to the ultra-refined Blanche: | 当粗俗野蛮的Stanley对十分精致的Blanche说 |
[07:58] | “We’ve had this date with each other from the beginning.” | “我们从最初相遇时就已经这样约会了” |
[08:01] | Well, I don’t know the play all that well, | 我不太清楚这部戏 |
[08:02] | but I can tell you right now, I’m not that refined. | 但我可以告诉你 我没这么精致 |
[08:04] | Actually, I was picturing you more as Stanley. | 其实 我是把你想成Stanley了 |
[08:15] | – Hi there. – Donny, I’m so glad you could make it. | – 嘿 – Donny 你能来太好了 |
[08:18] | Well, thanks for inviting me. | 谢谢你邀请我啊 |
[08:19] | Wow, this is a great place to get some work done. | 这地方适合做好些事啊 |
[08:21] | And no distractions in sight. | 没有任何分散注意力的事 |
[08:23] | – Thank… – Donny, I’d like to introduce… | – 谢 – Donny 我要介绍一下 |
[08:26] | Oh, that’s right. You two know each other, don’t you? | 对啊 你们认识的 |
[08:30] | – Roz, how the hell are you? Hi. – Donny. | – Roz 你最近怎么样啊 嘿 – Donny |
[08:34] | I didn’t know you were gonna be here. This is gonna be fun. | 我之前不知道你会来啊 这下有意思了 |
[08:37] | Niles, I gotta put these somewhere. Where do I go? | Niles 我得把行李放下 你看我放哪呢 |
[08:38] | – Just in one of the bedrooms upstairs. – Okay. | – 楼上的卧室里就行 – 好的 |
[08:41] | But be careful not to wake Roz’s baby. She’s in that first room. | 小心点别吵醒Roz的宝宝 她在第一间屋子里 |
[08:46] | Roz, you’ve got a baby? | Roz 你有宝宝了吗 |
[08:48] | Congratulations. That means that you’re… | 恭喜你啊 这就说明你 |
[08:51] | Married? Nope. She’s free as a bird. | 结婚了 没有 她可是货真价实的单身呢 |
[08:54] | Well, I’ll try to be quiet. | 好吧 我会尽量不出声的 |
[08:59] | – What the hell is this? – What do you mean? | – 怎么回事啊这是 – 啥意思啊 |
[09:02] | I just thought you might enjoy | 我只是觉得你俩 |
[09:03] | reminiscing about all the good times you shared. | 可能想一起叙叙旧啊 |
[09:05] | Oh, no, you don’t. Donny is seeing Daphne, | 别瞎扯 Donny在跟Daphne约会呢 |
[09:08] | and I am not the kind who steals other people’s boyfriends. | 我也不是会挖墙角的人 |
[09:12] | Not friends’ boyfriends, not good friends. Not again. | 尤其不能挖朋友的 好朋友更不行 决不能重蹈覆辙 |
[09:17] | Roz, you might recall you went out with him for six months. | Roz 你大概还记得你俩在一起了半年 |
[09:20] | She’s only seen him three or four times. | 他俩才约会三四次而已 |
[09:22] | – They’re not even sleeping together. – What? How would you know? | – 他们都还没上过床呢 – 啥 你咋知道的 |
[09:25] | She told me. | 她跟我说的啊 |
[09:26] | I don’t wanna be the bad guy here, but you did have him first. | 我不是想搬弄是非 但确实是你先跟他在一起的啊 |
[09:30] | And he did wanna make a life with you. | 他那时候还想要跟你结婚呢 |
[09:33] | Listen, there is no way that I am going… | 听着 我不可能去 |
[09:35] | She hasn’t slept with him? | 她还没跟他睡呢 |
[09:38] | She’s English. | 她是英国人嘛 |
[09:42] | Why don’t you just admit it? | 你不如直接承认好了 |
[09:43] | You’re just doing this because you want Daphne. | 你这么做是因为你想要得到Daphne啊 |
[09:45] | Yes. Yes. Yes, I want Daphne. I think we belong together, | 是啊 对 对 我想要得到Daphne 我俩是命中注定的 |
[09:50] | just like I think you and Donny belong together. | 就像我觉得你和Donny也是一样 |
[09:52] | And why should two people | 可以四个人众乐乐的时候 |
[09:53] | be happy when four people can be ecstatic? | 为啥要他俩独乐乐呢 |
[09:59] | Well, you got a point there. | 你说的有那么点道理 |
[10:01] | No. No, no, no, it’s just not right. | 不 不 不行 这是不对的 |
[10:04] | Roz, I swear I did not wake her. | Roz 我发誓我没吵醒她 |
[10:07] | She was already up when I went in to look at her. | 我进屋去看她的时候她已经醒了 |
[10:10] | She’s got such a sweet little face. | 她长得太可爱了 |
[10:12] | – Her name is Alice. – Hi, Alice, I’m Donny. | – 她叫Alice – 嘿 Alice 我是Donny |
[10:14] | She doesn’t usually let strangers hold her. | 她一般不爱让陌生人抱的 |
[10:17] | I’ve always been pretty good with kids. | 我小孩缘很好的 |
[10:18] | Come on, sweetie, come on. | 来呀 小宝贝 来玩呀 |
[10:21] | How’s my hair? | 我头发乱不乱 |
[10:28] | – Niles. – Hey. | – Niles – 嘿 |
[10:31] | Frasier, Dad. What are you doing here today? | Frasier 爸 你们怎么今天来了 |
[10:33] | Oh, my dentist is sick. We had to reschedule. | 我的牙医病了 我俩再约 |
[10:36] | – Oh, no. – It’s just a head cold. | – 不是吧 – 只是感冒而已啦 |
[10:38] | Oh, God, you haven’t even heard the worst yet, Niles. | 老天 你是还没听着最糟糕的呢 |
[10:40] | Butcher shop was closed, so here I am with my spices | 肉店关了 我备好了所有的调料 |
[10:43] | and everything I need to make my duck L’orange, | 和食材来做香橙煎鸭肉 |
[10:44] | all I’ve got is the L’orange. | 可是目前我只有香橙 |
[10:46] | Looks like we’re gonna have to get ducks the old-fashioned way, | 看来得用老办法来搞到鸭子了 |
[10:48] | But we’d better move on, | 但我们得抓紧 |
[10:49] | ’cause there’s only a couple of hours of daylight left. | 没几个小时太阳就下山了啊 |
[10:51] | Yes. You know, I saw some boxes of ammo in the mudroom, dad. | 可不吗 我看到储藏室里有几箱弹药 |
[10:53] | – Through the kitchen. – No, Dad. Are you insane? | – 穿过厨房就是了 – 不行 爸 你疯了吗 |
[10:56] | I’m not gonna shoot any ducks. It’s barbaric. | 我不会射杀鸭子了 太野蛮了 |
[10:58] | Oh, I get it, you’ll eat them but you won’t kill them. | 我懂了 你可以吃 但不可以杀 |
[11:00] | What do you think, these things are born L’orange? | 你觉得那些食材生来就是香橙煎鸭肉 |
[11:05] | Dad does have a point. | 爸说的有道理 |
[11:06] | You know, there is a duck blind across the lake. | 河对岸有一个鸭子出没的区域 |
[11:08] | It would be a good opportunity for you two to bond. | 你们正好借机增进感情 |
[11:11] | – Niles, what about you? – I will stay here and season the pans. | – Niles 那你干嘛 – 我留在这置办好炉子什么的 |
[11:13] | I’m not going hunting. | 我才不要去打猎呢 |
[11:14] | Well, then you have to drive back to Seattle, | 那你就开俩小时车回西雅图去 |
[11:16] | find another shop that’s opening, and come back tomorrow as schedule. | 另找一个肉店 按计划明天再回来 |
[11:18] | What the hell is going on? You trying to get rid of us? | 这他妈怎么回事 你想把我俩支走啊 |
[11:20] | – That’s preposterous. Why should I…? – Frasier, Martin. | – 荒谬 我为什么要 – Frasier Martin |
[11:24] | You weren’t supposed to be here until tomorrow. | 你们不是说明天才来的吗 |
[11:26] | Roz, what are you doing here? | Roz 你怎么在这呢 |
[11:28] | Niles brought me. | Niles带我过来的 |
[11:29] | I’m just gonna go heat up a bottle for Alice. | 我正要去给Alice热点奶呢 |
[11:39] | – Roz – Roz – Roz? – Roz. | |
[11:43] | Roz Roz. | |
[11:45] | Yes, so why don’t you two run along and leave me alone with Roz? | 对啊 你俩赶紧走 让我们独处 我和 Roz |
[11:49] | Roz Roz? | |
[11:50] | Well, didn’t you urge me to make a fresh start? | 你不是催我赶紧开始新生活吗 |
[11:53] | True, but I gotta tell you, | 这倒是 不过我可告诉你 |
[11:54] | Roz isn’t the freshest start you could make. | Roz可不是你能驾驭得了的新开始 |
[11:57] | Now, butt out, Frasier. If these two wanna be alone together for a while, | 走吧 Frasier 他们想独处 |
[12:00] | that’s fine. | 我们就让地方呗 |
[12:00] | Now, we’re gonna go hunting. Come on, put this on. | 现在 我们打猎去吧 把这个穿上 |
[12:02] | I’m not going hunting, Dad. | 我不打猎 爸 |
[12:03] | Roz and Niles? Please, you guys have nothing in common. | Roz和Niles 拜托 你俩一点共同点都没有啊 |
[12:07] | Frasier, we’re not getting married. | Frasier 我俩又不是要结婚 |
[12:08] | We’re going to spend an afternoon together. | 只是一起过个下午而已 |
[12:10] | And – and see what comes from it, and… | 看看会怎么发展 尝试点新东西又没有错 |
[12:11] | if there’s nothing wrong with trying something different. | 看看会怎么发展 尝试点新东西又没有错 |
[12:13] | Which is exactly what you’re gonna do right now. | 这也正是你现在要干的事 |
[12:15] | So come on, let’s go get some ducks. | 走吧 打点鸭子回来 |
[12:16] | – Dad… – Please, take as long as you need. | – 爸 – 拜托 想待多久待多久 |
[12:19] | – I don’t wanna go hunting. – Oh, come on. | – 我不打猎 – 哎呀 快走吧 |
[12:22] | Didn’t you ever hear the | 你难道没听说过一句话叫 |
[12:23] | expression “Two’s company, three’s a crowd”? | “两人成伴 三人不欢”吗 |
[12:24] | No, Dad, I don’t think I ever did. How does it go? | 不知道 爸 我没听过 啥意思 |
[12:29] | I left some papers in the car. | 我把文件落在车里了 |
[12:31] | – Where’d you park? – Out back. | – 你车停在哪里 – 后院 |
[12:33] | Then it’s best to go through the kitchen | 那最好走厨房那边 |
[12:34] | because we have a loose plank on the porch. | 因为玄关那儿的木板有点松动 |
[12:36] | I already came in that way. | 我刚才就从那进来的啊 |
[12:37] | Well, you cheated death once. Don’t push your luck. | 你已经逃过一死了 别再挑战你的运气了 |
[12:40] | Niles, one last warning. | Niles 最后一句忠告 |
[12:43] | Take it from someone who knows you both. | 听我这认识你们俩的人一句劝 |
[12:44] | You and Roz are not a good couple. | 你和Roz不合适 |
[12:46] | I understand your saying that, but believe me, | 我理解你的意思 但是相信我 |
[12:48] | I have seen a new Roz today and underneath that brazen exterior, | 我已经看到了一个全新的Roz 在厚脸皮的外表下 |
[12:51] | she is a sweet, sensitive, shy, vulnerable woman. | 有一颗美好 多情 羞涩又脆弱的心 |
[12:53] | Niles? Have you seen my nipples? | Niles 你见我的奶嘴(乳头)了吗 |
[13:05] | No. | 没看见 |
[13:10] | – Niles and Roz? It’s just ridiculous. – Oh, not this again. | – Niles和Roz 太扯了吧 – 啊 又来了 |
[13:15] | Well, they are just completely incompatible. | 他俩实在是太不搭了啊 |
[13:18] | Well, haven’t you ever heard about opposites attracting? | 你难道没听过互补相吸吗 |
[13:20] | I mean, look at your mother and me. | 看看你妈妈和我吧 |
[13:22] | We went together six months, nobody thought it’d last. | 我俩约会了六个月 没人看好我们 |
[13:25] | We had 40 happy years together. | 可我们一起度过了愉快的40年 |
[13:29] | – Never thought of it that way. – Yeah. | – 这我倒是从没想过 – 是啊 |
[13:31] | And then, there are those relationships | 有好多共同点的情侣呢 |
[13:33] | where people have a ton of things in common, | 有好多共同点的情侣呢 |
[13:35] | and of course, they always work out real well. | 当然了 关系也相当融洽 |
[13:39] | Thank you Dad, | 谢了爸 |
[13:39] | I suppose that was a backhanded comment about me and Lilith. | 我知道你在影射我和Lilith |
[13:42] | Wouldn’t it be great if she was flying by here | 她要是现在骑着扫帚 |
[13:44] | on her broomstick right now? | 飞过来该多好啊 |
[13:47] | – Come on, sight up. – No. | – 好了 瞄准 – 不 |
[13:49] | No, dad I told you, I’m not shooting anything. | 不 老爸 我说过了 我不会杀动物的 |
[13:51] | – All right, blow the duck call. – Well, all right. | – 好吧 那吹响引诱鸭子的喇叭 – 好吧 |
[14:00] | Gee, you know, I keep thinking about you and Mom. | 我在想你和妈妈的事 |
[14:03] | Maybe Niles and Roz do have a chance. | 也许Niles和Roz有机会呢 |
[14:05] | Well, sure they do. Blow it again. | 当然有了 再吹 |
[14:12] | Gosh, you know, I hope I didn’t | 老天 我希望我刚才的反应 |
[14:14] | discourage Niles too much by the way I reacted. | 没有打击到Niles |
[14:17] | You know how much stock he puts in my opinion. | 你知道他有多看重我的意见 |
[14:19] | Blow it, Frasier. | 你就吹吧 Frasier |
[14:22] | I didn’t mean the duck call. | 我不是让你吹喇叭 |
[14:28] | What about that time in Cancun when the car breaks down | 还有那次在坎昆 车坏了 |
[14:32] | and that guy gives us a ride on his donkey. | 一个小伙子用他的驴载了咱俩一程 |
[14:33] | Niles, you have to hear this. | Niles 你也来啊 |
[14:35] | Oh, God, I didn’t realize it’d gotten so late. | 天 我都没意识到这么晚了 |
[14:38] | I have to fax these contracts to the office right away. | 我得赶快把这些合同给公司传真回去 |
[14:42] | You wouldn’t happen to have a machine, would you? | 这儿有传真机吗 |
[14:43] | There’s one in the study right down that hall. | 前厅楼下的书房里有 |
[14:45] | But can’t that wait? We’re all getting so mellow here. | 非得这会儿传吗 现在气氛正妙呢 |
[14:50] | You’re right. It can wait. You know what we need? | 也对 等会再说吧 你知道我们需要什么吗 |
[14:52] | Another bottle of wine and I brought one. I’ll get it. | 一瓶酒 我带了一瓶 等我去拿 |
[14:55] | Excellent, excellent. | 太好了 太好了 |
[14:58] | – Well, it’s going well, don’t you think? – Yeah. | – 进展得不错 你觉得呢 – 对啊 |
[15:00] | Except your dad and Frasier will be here any minute. | 只是你爸和Frasier随时会回来 |
[15:03] | And if either one of them sees Donny, things are over. | 不管他俩谁见了Donny 这事都得完 |
[15:05] | They’re not gonna see Donny, because you’re | 他们不会撞见Donny的 因为你要 |
[15:07] | gonna invite him to watch the sunset by the lake. | 邀请他去湖边看落日 |
[15:09] | You’re gonna work your charms on him, | 你得施展魅力 把他迷住 |
[15:11] | then you’re going to invite him out to dinner, | 然后邀请他去吃晚饭 |
[15:13] | and who knows where that’ll lead. | 之后的事谁知道呢 |
[15:14] | What am I saying? We both know where that’ll lead. | 我在说什么呢 我们都知道之后会怎么样 |
[15:17] | You really think it’ll work? | 你觉得这么做行吗 |
[15:19] | Yes, yes, yes. | 当然了 没问题 |
[15:19] | You go down there, you enjoy that romantic sunset. | 你下楼去找他 享受浪漫的日落景色 |
[15:21] | – I’ll stay with the baby. – Okay. | – 我去照顾宝宝 – 好的 |
[15:23] | Oh, for heaven’s sake. | 看在老天爷的份上 |
[15:25] | You’re not gonna let her go and enjoy the sunset by herself? | 你不会是叫她自己去看日落吧 |
[15:28] | Frasier, what are you doing back so soon? | Frasier 你怎么这么快就回来了 |
[15:30] | I came back for some more ammo. | 我回来拿子弹的 |
[15:31] | Who knew ducks were so shifty? | 谁知道鸭子居然这么机智 |
[15:34] | Anyway, listen. | 总之 听我一句劝 |
[15:36] | I know that you took my advice to heart, | 我知道你对我的意见特别当真 |
[15:38] | but I tell you, I’ve changed my mind. | 但我要告诉你 我改变主意了 |
[15:42] | I now approve of you and Roz. | 我现在决定支持你和Roz了 |
[15:44] | – What? – Yes, the two of you should go for it. | – 啥 – 没错 你俩应该试试的 |
[15:47] | Okay, come on. Off you two go, let’s go. | 好啦 走吧 快点 走了走了 |
[15:49] | – I don’t think this is a good idea. – Why not? | – 我觉得这不是个好主意 – 为啥 |
[15:51] | I’ve changed my mind too. I’d rather stay here. | 我也改主意了 我还是待这吧 |
[15:53] | What? You know what? | 啥 你猜怎么着 |
[15:54] | You guys are putting far too much stock in my opinion. | 你俩对我的意见看太重了 |
[15:57] | Come on, let’s get down to the lake and enjoy that sunset. | 走吧 咱们去湖边看日落去 |
[16:00] | – But I… – Let’s go. | – 可是我 – 走吧 |
[16:01] | No, not another word. Down to the lake. | 好啦 啥也别说了 去湖边 |
[16:05] | Okay. I’ve got a… | 好啦 我拿了一瓶 |
[16:11] | Oh, Alice. | 哦 Alice |
[16:13] | It’s okay, honey. | 我来了 宝贝 |
[16:31] | You wait here. I’ll get Donny. | 你在这等着 我去找Donny |
[16:34] | You know, Roz is heading down to the lake to catch that sunset. | Roz去湖边看日落去了 |
[16:38] | And you should be going with her too. | 那你也应该跟着一块去啊 |
[16:40] | For God’s sakes, I told the two of you, | 看在老天的份上 我告诉过你俩了 |
[16:42] | I withdraw my objection. Now, come on, let’s go. | 我不反对了 现在赶紧去吧 快去 |
[16:45] | I’m worried about leaving Alice alone. | 我把Alice自己留在这有点不放心 |
[16:47] | Now, Roz, listen, I will attend to the baby. | Roz 听着 我会照顾她的 |
[16:49] | I was about to make myself a cup of tea anyway. | 我只是打算给自己沏杯茶 |
[16:51] | Now, come on, let’s go. March. Both of you, out the door. | 走吧 你们俩快点去 赶紧出门 |
[16:53] | You’ll enjoy that romantic sunset | 你们俩是不是非得让我亲自把你俩 |
[16:54] | if I have to drag you down there myself. | 拖过去才能享受日落时分啊 |
[17:04] | Oh, okay. | 好的吧 |
[17:17] | Good lord, I just can’t believe the two of them. | 我的老天爷 真是搞不清这俩人 |
[17:20] | Ridiculous behavior. My God. | 这么奇怪 真是的 |
[17:25] | – Daphne! – Sorry. | – Daphne – 抱歉 |
[17:27] | – Did I startle you? – No, no, no, that’s quite all right. | – 我吓着你了吗 – 没 没 没有 没事 |
[17:30] | It’s just that if Niles knew you were here, he would never… | 只是Niles要知道你来了 他肯定不会 |
[17:34] | Well, forgive himself for not being here to greet you. | 原谅自己没迎接你 |
[17:38] | He wasn’t expecting me. | 他以为我不会来的 |
[17:39] | Me plans changed and I thought I’d drive up and join you all. | 我的计划有变 我想着要不就开车来找你们吧 |
[17:42] | Well, isn’t that nice? You’ve got to leave. | 是吗 太好了 你得走了 |
[17:45] | – Why? – No, well, you see, | – 为啥 – 是这样的 |
[17:47] | Niles is up here for what a… I think you Brits call | Niles在这呢 准备 用你们英国人的话说就是 |
[17:51] | a dirty weekend with someone. | 跟某人共度一个不羁周末 |
[17:54] | And the someone happens to be Roz. | 而这个某人呢 恰好是Roz |
[17:57] | Roz Roz? | |
[17:59] | You mean, “Roz” Roz. | 你是说咱们认识的那个Roz |
[18:00] | Yes, yes. You’ve gotta get out of here. | 对啊 对啊 你得赶快走 |
[18:03] | But I just drove two hours and it’s getting dark outside. | 但我刚开了俩小时车过来 外面也黑了 |
[18:06] | All right, I’ll tell you what. | 好吧 我来给你说一下这个情况 |
[18:07] | There’s a bed-and-breakfast up the road. | 路上有些汽车旅馆 |
[18:09] | I think Dad, you and I should stay there this evening, all right? | 今晚爸 你 还有我都得住在那 行吗 |
[18:11] | – All right. – Great. | – 好吧 – 太好了 |
[18:12] | If you don’t mind, could I use the bathroom first? | 要是你不急的话 我能先用下洗手间吗 |
[18:14] | No, no, of course. Right in there. | 当然不急了 就在那 |
[18:19] | Dear God. | 我的老天爷啊 |
[18:24] | Where’s Donny? | Donny去哪了 |
[18:25] | He can’t be in the kitchen. Frasier would’ve seen him. | 他不可能在厨房 Frasier会看到他的 |
[18:27] | Look, the door. He must be up there. | 你看 门开着 他肯定在那 |
[18:30] | – You keep a look out. I’ll go get him. – Okay. | – 看着点 我去找他 – 好 |
[18:35] | Why don’t I take over here and you can join Roz? | 要不我负责这边 你去陪Roz |
[18:39] | For the love of God. | 看在上帝的份上啊 |
[18:42] | If I’d known you would take my words seriously, | 要是我知道你们拿我的话这么当真 |
[18:45] | I would’ve chosen them more carefully. | 我一定会更慎重的 |
[18:46] | For God’s sakes, | 看在老天爷的份上 |
[18:47] | get out of here. Get down to that lake. | 赶快走行不行 赶快去河边行不行 |
[18:50] | Fellas, I really think I should check on Alice. | 伙计 我真觉得我该去看看Alice |
[18:52] | No, no, Roz, your baby is just fine. | 不用 不用 Alice好着呢 |
[18:55] | I burped her once and she went out like a light. | 我就拍了拍她 她就睡着了 |
[18:57] | Come on. Let’s go, Niles. | 来来来 走吧 Niles |
[18:59] | Oh, you know, I am thinking about it. | 我在想啊 |
[19:00] | I think it’s much more romantic to stay here by the fire | 我觉得坐在炉火旁边取暖比看夕阳 |
[19:04] | than watch some sunset. | 浪漫多了 |
[19:06] | Why don’t you clear out so we can have our privacy? | 你为什么不出去给我俩留点私人时间呢 |
[19:10] | Well, all right. | 好吧 |
[19:13] | On the other hand… | 不过 |
[19:17] | You know, you can enjoy the fire all night long. | 你们一整晚都可以享受炉火 |
[19:20] | You’ve only got ten more minutes for the sunset. | 但是日落只剩十分钟了啊 |
[19:22] | Are you gonna get some ammo while it’s daylight? | 你还能不能趁着有日光的时候拿到子弹了 |
[19:24] | – It’s almost sunset. – Don’t tell me, tell them. | – 都快日落了 – 别跟我说啊 跟他们说啊 |
[19:27] | – Is that the bathroom? – No. | – 那个是卫生间吗 – 不是 |
[19:28] | – Yes, it is. – It’s out of order. | – 就是卫生间 – 不能用了 |
[19:33] | Let me check again. | 我再看看 |
[19:38] | My God. One of the pipes has burst and the other one’s knocking. | 我天 一个管子爆了 另一个也快不行了 |
[19:43] | Fine, is there one down the hallway there? | 好吧 那走廊那边还有一个是不是 |
[19:45] | – No. – Yes, there is. | – 没有 – 那边有一个 |
[19:47] | No, it’s out of order too. | 那个也不能用了 |
[19:48] | Well, it’s a good thing I brought all that beer. | 我真是不该把那些啤酒拿来 |
[19:52] | You know, Niles, you’re behaving awfully strangely. | Niles 你的行为很怪异啊 |
[19:55] | – What the heck is going on? – What do you mean? | – 到底是怎么回事 – 啥意思 |
[19:57] | I mean that you show absolutely no desire to be alone with Roz. | 意思是我发现你完全不想跟Roz独处 |
[20:01] | Starting to have serious doubts about this so-called romance. | 我开始怀疑这所谓的好感是怎么回事了 |
[20:03] | Oh, really? | 是吗 |
[20:04] | Well, does this look “So-called” To you? Come here, pookie. | 好啊 那你看这样还是”所谓的”吗 来 小宝贝 |
[20:17] | That’s why the door was stuck. You two, why didn’t you tell me? | 难怪门锁了 你们为什么不告诉我啊 |
[20:21] | – Donny – Donny – Donny. – Donny? | |
[20:23] | Daphne Daphne. | |
[20:26] | – Daphne. – What are you doing here? | – Daphne – 你怎么来了 |
[20:28] | Well, Niles invited me. | Niles叫我来的呀 |
[20:30] | Oh, did he? | 哦 是吗 |
[20:32] | Yeah, it was nice. Roz and I had a chance to catch up on old times. | 对啊 Roz和我还一块回忆往事了呢 |
[20:34] | Yeah, that’s right. You two used to date, didn’t you? | 对 你俩之前在一起过 是不是 |
[20:37] | Well, isn’t that nice of Niles to organize this little reunion? | Niles组织这么个小聚会还挺有心啊 |
[20:41] | I hope I don’t have anything to worry about. | 我不用担心什么吧 |
[20:43] | Oh, come on, are you kidding? | 别闹 开什么玩笑 |
[20:45] | Well, obviously, Roz and Niles | 很明显 Roz和Niles |
[20:46] | can barely keep their hands off each other. | 手都离不开对方 |
[20:50] | You know, why don’t all of us get out of here? | 我们其他人赶快走吧 |
[20:53] | Give these two little kids a little privacy. | 给这俩人一点私人空间 |
[20:57] | You know, we could use some privacy of our own. | 我们也可以有点隐私啊其实 |
[21:00] | Dr. Crane tells me there’s a bed-and-breakfast | Crane医生说这离不远的高速公路上 |
[21:02] | up the road from here. | 有汽车旅馆 |
[21:04] | – Really? – Really. | – 是吗 – 对呀 |
[21:11] | – Even more fun if we both go. – Yes, yes. Bye. | – 我们一起去就更好了 – 对 对 拜拜 |
[21:15] | Well, come on, Frasier. Let’s go get a nice sloppy joe. | 走吧 Frasier 我们去吃个牛肉酱三明治 |
[21:19] | I’ll pay for it. | 我出钱 |
[21:21] | Something tells me I’ll pay for it too. | 我感觉大概我也得出钱吧 |
[21:26] | I realize now that you two don’t need my blessing | 既然你俩不需要我的祝福了 |
[21:30] | so I’ll just leave you with this: | 就把这个送你们吧 |