时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:08] | Know what I could go for? Some fried eggs and bacon. | 知道我想吃什么吗 煎蛋和培根 |
[00:11] | – Here’s your bran flakes. – Oh, fine. | – 这是你的麸片 – 哦 好吧 |
[00:20] | Oh, hot. | 喔 好烫 |
[00:26] | – Don’t give him any toast. – I’m not. | – 别给他吃吐司 – 我没有 |
[00:36] | Lifestyle, Sports and recycling. | 生活版 体育版 垃圾版 |
[00:42] | Yes, we see you, Eddie. Eight o’clock on the dot. | 行啦 我们看见啦 Eddie 八点整了 |
[00:45] | Well, he’s a dog. What do you expect? | 它是条狗啊 你还想怎么样 |
[00:47] | He’s a creature of habit. | 它就是习惯的奴隶 |
[00:51] | – Good morning, all. – Hey, Fras. | – 大家早上好啊 – 嗨 Fras |
[00:54] | – Morning. – Say, Dad, | – 早上好 – 跟你说啊 爸 |
[00:55] | you remember that woman I went out with on Valentine’s Day, | 还记得去年情人节我的约会对象吗 |
[00:58] | but I wasn’t quite sure if it was a romantic thing? | 当时我不确定我俩是不是来电 |
[01:01] | Yeah, that new publicity woman at the station. | 记得啊 你电台新来的那个宣传人员 |
[01:04] | Yes, Cassandra Stone. | 对 Cassandra Stone |
[01:05] | Well, I asked her out again last night, and I got my answer. | 我昨晚又约她出来了 我找到答案了 |
[01:08] | Oh, I’m sorry, Fras. | 哦 真是抱歉 Fras |
[01:13] | No, I’m not finished. | 不 我还没完呢 |
[01:15] | That’s the spirit. You hang in there. | 就是这种态度 坚持住啊 |
[01:18] | You know, Dr. Crane, | 对了 Crane医生 |
[01:19] | someone once said that long periods of abstinence | 有人曾经说过 长时间的节欲 |
[01:22] | can actually refresh the soul. | 能彻底洗刷你的灵魂 |
[01:23] | – Good morning, everyone. – Yes, well that someone was me | – 大家早上好 – 说那话的人就是我 |
[01:25] | and I was full of it. Everyone, this is Cassandra. | 我根本是瞎说的 大家 这是Cassandra |
[01:29] | You must be Frasier’s dad. I’ve heard all about you. | 你一定就是Frasier的父亲了 久仰大名啊 |
[01:31] | – Marty Crane. – Nice to meet you. | – Marty Crane – 幸会 |
[01:33] | Well, nice to meet you too. | 幸会 |
[01:38] | You are so cute. | 你太可爱了 |
[01:39] | Now I see where Frasier got those gorgeous eyes. | 现在我知道Frasier那漂亮的眼睛是哪儿来的了 |
[01:43] | And this is Daphne Moon, my father’s home-healthcare worker. | 这是Daphne Moon 我父亲的住家健康护理员 |
[01:47] | Hello. | 你好 |
[01:48] | Are you gonna join us for breakfast, Cassandra? | 要不要和我们一起吃早餐 Cassandra |
[01:50] | Oh, I could go for an English muffin. | 哦 有英式松饼吗 |
[01:52] | Perhaps our own English muffin could fetch that for you. | 那让我们的英国松饼甜心给你去拿一个 |
[01:58] | – Or I could get it. – No, no, I’ll get it myself. | – 还是我去拿吧 – 别 我自己去就成 |
[02:02] | Way to go, Fras. I like her. | 不错啊 Fras 我喜欢她 |
[02:04] | Gee, I wonder why. | 呵呵 可不是呢 |
[02:05] | “Now I see where Frasier gets those gorgeous eyes.” | “现在我知道Frasier那漂亮的眼睛是哪儿来的了” |
[02:11] | Niles Niles. | |
[02:12] | Hurry up and get dressed. Frasier, we’ll lose our court. | 赶紧去换衣服啊 Frasier 不然场地就没了 |
[02:16] | I must warn you, I may be unbeatable today. | 我先提醒你啊 你今天可别想赢 |
[02:18] | Our squash pro, Octavio, taught me a backhand slice | 咱们的壁球教练 Octavio 教了我一种反手切球 |
[02:20] | that could shave the bristles off a kiwi fruit. | 快到能把猕猴桃上的毛刷下来 |
[02:23] | Niles, I’m afraid we may have to reschedule today. | Niles 恐怕咱们得改期了 |
[02:27] | You see, I had a date last night. | 跟你说啊 我昨晚佳人有约 |
[02:29] | Oh, I’m sorry. | 哦 真是替你难过 |
[02:33] | Hey, but there’s no sense moping around. | 嘿 但是郁郁寡欢也没用啊 |
[02:35] | A brisk game of squash would be the best thing for you. | 打一场壁球对你最好不过了 |
[02:37] | I can’t think of a better way to lift your spirits. | 还有什么比这更能让你开心起来呢 |
[02:39] | – Good morning. – Keep thinking. | – 早上好 – 你觉得呢 |
[02:47] | I tell you, Roz, the entire evening was pure magic. | 跟你说啊 Roz 整个晚上美得跟梦一样 |
[02:51] | Well, I’m happy for you. | 我真替你高兴 |
[02:53] | You have been in a dry spell, haven’t you? | 你空窗了好长时间了吧 |
[02:55] | Oh, no, Roz. Actually, that was just the calm before the storm. | 哦 不 Roz 那只是暴风雨来临前的平静 |
[02:58] | I assure you, we are in the midst of a full-blown love hurricane. | 我敢打包票 我们现在正在超大爱情龙卷风的中心 |
[03:03] | You were so much easier to | 你又饥渴又可悲的时候 |
[03:05] | be around when you were horny and pathetic. | 可比现在讨人喜欢多了 |
[03:08] | I’m sorry, Roz. I have been monopolising the conversation. | 真抱歉 Roz 我一直说个没完 |
[03:10] | So, what’s going on with you? | 那你怎么样了 |
[03:12] | Well, actually, it has been a really exciting week. | 嗯 这周真是太让人激动了 |
[03:16] | Of course, Alice’s first birthday party is this Sunday, | 当然了 Alice的第一个生日聚会就在这周日 |
[03:19] | and we’re having 12 of her little friends over. | 她有十二个小朋友要过来玩儿 |
[03:21] | She loves bears, | 她超爱熊 |
[03:23] | so the whole party’s gonna be this bear theme: | 所以整个聚会都以熊为主题 |
[03:25] | Party favours, bear cake. | 派对礼物 小熊蛋糕 |
[03:28] | I’m gonna dress up like a bear, | 我会装扮成熊的样子 |
[03:29] | I think, and do a little bear dance. | 我在想 再来点小熊舞 |
[03:36] | So, that’s really great about you and Cassandra. | 你和Cassandra真是太好了 |
[03:37] | Yes, yes. We’re really hitting it off, I think. | 是啊 是啊 我们真的很合得来 我觉得 |
[03:40] | Frasier Frasier? | |
[03:43] | – Faye. – Hi. | – Faye – 你好啊 |
[03:45] | – Oh, my God. Wow. – Hey. | – 哦 我的天啊 哇 – 你好 |
[03:48] | Hi, it’s been a while. | 你好啊 好久不见 |
[03:51] | Gosh, oh, Faye Moskowitz, this is my producer, Roz Doyle. | 天啊 Faye 这是我的制作人 Roz Doyle |
[03:53] | – Hey. – How are you? | – 你好 – 你好 |
[03:55] | So, what have you been up to? | 那么 最近在忙什么 |
[03:58] | Well, I just got back from Paris. | 其实 我刚从巴黎回来 |
[03:59] | Really? I didn’t even know you’d gone. | 真的 我都不知道你什么时候去的 |
[04:02] | You didn’t get my message? | 你没收到我的信息吗 |
[04:03] | Oh, Frasier, before I forget, Faye called. | 哦 Frasier 趁着我还没忘 Faye打来电话了 |
[04:05] | She’s going to France for a month. | 她要去巴黎待一个月 |
[04:07] | I’m sorry. | 抱歉 |
[04:10] | It’s great to see you. | 见到你真是太好了 |
[04:11] | – We should get together for coffee sometime. – I’d love to. | – 有时间一起喝杯咖啡啊 – 好啊 |
[04:14] | Well, I’m on my way out. Why don’t you take my seat? | 我正要走 你要不坐我这儿吧 |
[04:16] | – Uh, thanks, if that’s all right with you. – Of course. | – 呃 多谢 如果你觉得可以的话 – 当然 |
[04:19] | Great. Well, I’ll put some money in my meter. | 太好了 那我去往停车表里多放点钱 |
[04:23] | What are you doing? I can’t have coffee with her. | 你这是干什么呢 我不能跟她一起喝咖啡啊 |
[04:25] | Why not? Obviously, she’s still interested. | 怎么呢 很明显 她还对你有意思 |
[04:28] | I’m seeing Cassandra, for God’s sakes. | 老天啊 我正跟Cassandra约会呢 |
[04:30] | I can’t date two people at once. | 我不能脚踩两只船啊 |
[04:31] | Well, it doesn’t have to be on the same night. | 这 只要不一晚约两个就行了 |
[04:34] | Although if you’re good at faking a headache, | 不过如果你擅长装头痛 |
[04:35] | and you don’t mind getting changed in the car… | 还不介意在车上换衣服的话 |
[04:37] | Roz Roz. | |
[04:39] | Well, did you tell Cassandra you were gonna be exclusive to her? | 那你有跟Cassandra说你打算对她专一吗 |
[04:43] | No. | 没有 |
[04:44] | So then you’re just dating. | 所以你们不过就是约会而已 |
[04:46] | Relax. It’s supposed to be fun. Just see where it takes you. | 放轻松啊 会很好玩的 你就跟着感觉走吧 |
[04:50] | That sort of lifestyle’s | 这种生活方式 |
[04:51] | all right for some people but not for me. | 可能适合别人 但我不行 |
[04:53] | I’m a one-woman man, if that. | 因为我是个专情的男人 |
[04:58] | Okay, suit yourself. Keep it platonic. | 好吧 随便吧 那你就跟她精神恋爱好了 |
[05:00] | Well, that’s easy for you to say. | 你真是站着说话不腰疼 |
[05:02] | How do you tell somebody that you’re attracted to them | 你怎么告诉别人你喜欢他们 |
[05:05] | but you just can’t sleep with them? | 但是却不能和他们上床 |
[05:06] | I guess you just say… | 你可以说 |
[05:10] | You just say… | 你就说 |
[05:12] | I’ll ask around. | 我给你问问去 |
[05:16] | You know what I feel like this morning? | 你知道我今天早晨想吃什么吗 |
[05:18] | Some French toast and sausage patties. | 法式吐司和香肠饼 |
[05:20] | – Here’s your bran flakes. – Oh, fine. | – 这是你的麸片 – 哦 好吧 |
[05:29] | Oh, hot. | 喔 好烫 |
[05:34] | You’re not giving him any toast, are you? | 你没给他吃吐司吧 |
[05:36] | Of course not. | 当然没有 |
[05:40] | – Oh, morning. – Oh, hey. | – 哦 早上好 – 好啊 |
[05:41] | – Morning. – I didn’t hear you come in last night. | – 早上好 – 昨晚没听到你回来啊 |
[05:44] | Did you have a date? | 约会去了 |
[05:49] | Well, I guess that answers that. | 这就不言自明了 |
[05:50] | Well, ease up there. Cassandra’s a great gal. | 嘿 别那么刻薄 Cassandra多好啊 |
[05:53] | Women like her don’t come along every day. | 她那样的女人可不是每天都能遇见 |
[05:56] | Morning. | 早上好 |
[05:57] | No, they certainly don’t. | 对 还真不是 |
[06:01] | Dad, Daphne, you remember Faye? | 爸 Daphne 记得Faye吗 |
[06:03] | Hi, Martin, it’s good to see you again. | 你好啊 Martin 真高兴再见到你 |
[06:05] | Oh, yeah, likewise. | 是啊 彼此彼此 |
[06:06] | And, Daphne, you look gorgeous. | Daphne 你美极了 |
[06:08] | Did you get your hair cut since the last time I saw you? | 上次见过你之后 是不是你又换了发型啊 |
[06:11] | Oh, yes, I did. Thank you. | 哦 还真是 多谢啊 |
[06:13] | Can I fix you some breakfast? | 要来点早饭吗 |
[06:17] | I have really gotta run. I’m running late. | 我得赶紧走了 我要迟到了 |
[06:19] | Ans I still have to call my friend at the | 我还得给我在博物馆的朋友打电话 |
[06:21] | museum to get tickets for that Seurat exhibit. | 找他要塞拉展览的票 |
[06:23] | I just hope it’s not sold out. | 希望还没有卖完 |
[06:24] | Well, if it is, que Seurat Seurat. | 要是卖完了 那就去他的塞拉吧 |
[06:27] | Yeah, that was funnier the first time. | 是啊 这笑话还是第一次听比较好笑 |
[06:29] | – Yeah. – Yeah. | – 是啊 – 是啊 |
[06:33] | What happened to Cassandra? | Cassandra怎么了啊 |
[06:35] | Obviously, he dumped her for someone better. | 很明显啊 他为了更好的人把她甩了 |
[06:37] | I haven’t dumped anyone. | 我谁也没甩 |
[06:39] | What? You mean you’re dating both of them? | 你说什么 你说你在脚踩两只船 |
[06:41] | Oh, no, I didn’t intend to. It’s just that, well… | 哦 不 我也不是成心的 只不过 不过 |
[06:44] | I ran into Faye yesterday. And I was about to tell her about Cassandra. | 我昨天碰到了Faye 我想告诉她实情 |
[06:46] | It’s just that we were enjoying our coffee so much | 只不过喝咖啡时 气氛太好了 |
[06:48] | that coffee turned into dinner, | 然后我们又去吃晚饭 |
[06:50] | and then dinner turned into drinks, | 晚饭后又去喝了一杯 |
[06:52] | and then drinks turned into, well, coffee again. | 喝完了 还不想分开 就又去喝咖啡 |
[06:59] | Damn, I completely forgot I rescheduled squash with Niles. | 该死 我完全忘了今天要跟Niles打壁球了 |
[07:03] | Don’t be angry at me for still being in my robe. | 不要生气啊 我还穿着睡袍呢 |
[07:07] | I won’t. I wish I were in mine. | 不会的 我倒希望我也穿着 |
[07:09] | Cassandra, what a surprise. | Cassandra 真是个惊喜啊 |
[07:11] | – I brought you some pastries. – Oh, isn’t that thoughtful of you? | – 我给你买了点点心 – 哦 你真是太贴心了 |
[07:14] | Hi, Martin, Dixie. | 你们好啊 Martin Dixie |
[07:16] | Cassandra! It’s… | Cassandra 只是 |
[07:18] | You know, I’d love it if you could stay. | 你知道的 你能过来我很高兴 |
[07:21] | It’s just that I’ve got to go pick up my brother for a game of squash. | 但是我该去接我弟弟去打壁球了 |
[07:22] | – Morning, all. – Well, isn’t that a timesaver. | – 大家早上好 – 哇 真是太给我节约时间了 |
[07:27] | You know, I’ve still gotta go get dressed anyway. | 但是 我还是得去换衣服 |
[07:29] | And I’ll just see you back at the station. | 咱们回来台里见 |
[07:31] | – Okay. All right. Have a good game. – All right. Bye. | – 好的 好好比赛啊 – 好的 再见 |
[07:34] | Oh, you know, I’ll just use the powder room before I go. | 哦 不过 我想先用一下卫生间再走 |
[07:37] | Yeah. | 好的 |
[07:40] | This is a disaster! | 真是一场灾难啊 |
[07:43] | – What is? – Hi, Niles. | – 什么啊 – 你好啊 Niles |
[07:45] | Oh, I’m up to speed. | 哦 我可算跟上进度了 |
[07:52] | – Morning. – Well, I guess I’ll just be… | – 早上好 – 呃 我看我还是先 |
[07:56] | – What? – We just noticed: | – 你说什么 – 我们刚注意到 |
[07:58] | There’s a nest of baby hummingbirds on the balcony, | 阳台上有一窝蜂鸟幼鸟 |
[08:02] | and we’re just keeping our voices down. You run along. | 我们就想小点声音说话 这边走 |
[08:06] | Hummingbirds made it to the 19th floor? | 蜂鸟能飞上十九楼 |
[08:08] | Yes, well, they’re Himalayan mountain hummers. | 是啊 是啊 它们是喜马拉雅山来的蜂鸟 |
[08:12] | – They’re very rare. Bye-bye. – Okay. I’ll see you later. | – 它们很稀有的 再见了 – 晚点见啊 |
[08:22] | – What are you doing? – I was just standing guard. | – 你干嘛呢 – 给你守门呢 |
[08:25] | You know, the door is… The lock’s broken. | 你知道的 这个门 锁坏了 |
[08:28] | Sometimes Dad just wanders in, you know. | 有时候我爸直接就走进去了 |
[08:33] | Well, I know you’ve got your game. | 知道你还有比赛 |
[08:35] | – So I’ll just get out of your hair. – Right, right. | – 我就先不打扰你啦 – 好的 好的 |
[08:37] | – Goodbye, everyone. – Bye. | – 大家再见啦 – 再见 |
[08:39] | Aren’t I gonna get a hug first? Come on. | 怎能不先来个拥抱呢 过来吧 |
[08:41] | Oh, of course. | 哦 当然了 |
[08:43] | Are you all right? | 你没事儿吧 |
[08:45] | Oh, yes. It’s just, you’re so hard to say goodbye to. | 哦 当然 只不过 太难跟你分别了啊 |
[08:51] | Well, time’s a-wasting. Off you go. | 那 就不浪费时间啦 回见了 |
[08:54] | Bye-bye. | 再见 |
[09:00] | Got any more hiding in the grotto, Hef? | 洞里是不是还藏着人呢 Hef |
[09:04] | Oh, for God’s sakes. | 哦 老天啊 |
[09:05] | Oh, I’m just not up to this sort of thing. | 哦 我真是干不了这样的事儿 |
[09:08] | What made me think I could juggle? | 我哪儿来的自信有这能耐呢 |
[09:11] | I sure as hell don’t know. | 我反正是不知道 |
[09:12] | You couldn’t catch a balloon till you were 10. | 你到了十岁才能抓得住气球呢 |
[09:16] | Yes, thank you, Dad. | 是啊 多谢了 老爸 |
[09:18] | See, my problem is that each of them | 我的烦恼就是 她俩 |
[09:19] | appeals to different sides of my personality. | 各有各的好处 |
[09:22] | Faye is artistic and cerebral and cultured. | Faye风雅理智而又有头脑 |
[09:26] | And Cassandra is passionate and fun and spontaneous. | Cassandra热情有趣而真情流露 |
[09:30] | Well, my vote sure goes for Cassandra. | 我肯定是支持Cassandra的 |
[09:32] | Oh, you would say that. | 哦 一猜你就是 |
[09:34] | Any young woman who shows you any attention, | 只要有年轻女人稍微对你注点意 |
[09:36] | you’re ready to sign over your pension cheque. | 你就上赶着把养老金支票双手奉上了 |
[09:39] | – I think he should go for Faye. – Oh, Faye, Faye. | – 我想我会投Faye一票 – 哦 Faye Faye |
[09:42] | If he wants some boring, | 如果他想要无聊 |
[09:43] | artsy-fartsy conversation he’s got Niles. | 而又附庸风雅的对话 他不是有Niles了么 |
[09:50] | Yes, well, my point is I am really torn here. | 也是啊 我就觉得我太煎熬了 |
[09:52] | I feel as if I honestly cannot choose. | 我好像真的无法抉择 |
[09:56] | I think I might be able to help you with this. | 我觉得我能帮你解决这个问题 |
[09:59] | Heads, it’s Faye. Tails, Cassandra. | 正面选Faye 反面就是Cassandra |
[10:01] | Oh, this is the sort of | 喔 这种选择方法真是 |
[10:02] | thing that makes a woman feel really special. | 太能讨女生欢心了 |
[10:06] | Niles, you’re actually gonna flip a coin? | Niles 你真的要扔硬币吗 |
[10:08] | The decision cannot be made that simply. | 不能儿戏啊 没那么简单的 |
[10:09] | It’s not gonna be that simple. | 不可能这么简单的 |
[10:11] | The chances of Niles catching that quarter | Niles能接住这枚硬币的概率 |
[10:13] | – are about the same as you… – Enough, Dad! | – 就跟你 – 行了 爸 |
[10:17] | Just go with me on this, Frasier. | 这次你就听我的吧 Frasier |
[10:19] | Heads, it’s Faye. Tails, Cassandra. | 正面是Faye 反面就选Cassandra |
[10:28] | And the winner is… | 赢家是 |
[10:30] | Admit it. You want me to say one name more than the other. | 承认吧 此时你更希望我说其中一人的名字 |
[10:34] | Niles, you’re right, I do. Cassandra. | Niles 你是对的 我还真是 我选Cassandra |
[10:37] | Yes! | 太好了 |
[10:39] | – There you have it. – Thank you. Thank you, Niles. | – 你这就选出来了 – 太谢谢了 谢谢你 Niles |
[10:42] | Well, what a relief. | 真是如释重负啊 |
[10:44] | You know, my life was | 话说 在偶遇Faye之前 |
[10:45] | perfectly happy before Faye came back, you know. | 我一直非常开心 |
[10:48] | Yes, it’s Cassandra. She’s the one. | 对 我选Cassandra 她就是那个人了 |
[10:52] | Next time I see Faye, I’ll just have to tell her it’s over. | 下次看见Faye 我会告诉她我们结束了 |
[10:56] | Oh, gosh, Niles, I’m sorry. | 哦 天啊 Niles 真是抱歉 |
[10:57] | I’m afraid we’ve lost our court again. | 恐怕咱们的场地又没有了 |
[10:59] | Do you mind rescheduling just once more? | 你介意再改期一次吗 |
[11:00] | – All right, that’s fine. – I gotta hand it to you, Frasier. | – 没问题 没事儿 – 你真不错啊 Frasier |
[11:03] | You had a tough decision to make but you made it. | 你面对艰难的抉择 但你做出了决定 |
[11:05] | Heck, I can’t even decide | 该死 我甚至连 |
[11:06] | whether to have the strawberry or the grape jelly. | 是吃草莓还是葡萄果冻都决定不了 |
[11:09] | Well, dad, I still have my trusty quarter. | 爸 我还拿着我的硬币呢 |
[11:11] | Let’s say heads, grape. Tails, strawberry. | 这样吧 正面 葡萄的 反面就吃草莓的 |
[11:17] | Niles Niles Niles, Niles! | |
[11:19] | Are you all right? | 你没事儿吧 |
[11:26] | You gotta wonder what goes on on that squash court. | 不得不好奇在那壁球球场上会发生什么事儿啊 |
[11:33] | You know what I could go for this morning? | 你知道今天早上我想吃什么吗 |
[11:35] | A big old Spanish omelette. | 一大块西班牙煎蛋卷 |
[11:37] | Here’s your bran flakes. | 这是你的麸片 |
[11:40] | What’s that? | 这是什么 |
[11:41] | Your yellow bowl broke in the dishwasher. | 你的黄碗被洗碗机给洗坏了 |
[11:44] | – Well, don’t you have another one? – Afraid not. | – 那咱们只有那一个黄碗吗 – 恐怕是的 |
[11:46] | Well, red, yellow, what difference does it make? | 红的 黄的 能有什么不一样 |
[11:51] | – Oh, excuse me. – Sorry. | – 哦 不好意思 – 抱歉 |
[12:01] | Oh, hot. | 啊 好烫 |
[12:08] | No, I don’t like this red bowl. | 不行 我不喜欢这个红碗 |
[12:10] | It’s throwing everything off. | 一切都不对劲儿了 |
[12:12] | You know, I think we do have another yellow bowl. | 跟你说啊 咱好像还真有个一黄碗 |
[12:17] | Why don’t you go and sit down, and I’ll fetch it for you? | 要不你先过去坐那儿 我给你拿过去 |
[12:20] | Okay. | 好的 |
[12:23] | Back off. I need this. | 边儿去 我得要这个 |
[12:27] | Oh, good morning, Dad. | 哦 早上好啊 爸 |
[12:28] | Everything go all right with Faye last night? | 昨天晚上跟Faye都谈好了吧 |
[12:30] | She didn’t take the breakup too hard, did she? | 她面对分手没有太难过吧 |
[12:32] | – Not really. – Well, I’m sure she realises, | – 那倒没有 – 我肯定她一定明白 |
[12:35] | pretty as she is, that she won’t be alone for long. | 她那么漂亮 不会单身太久的 |
[12:38] | Good morning, Martin. | 早上好 Martin |
[12:40] | What’d I tell you? | 我说什么来着 |
[12:42] | Hi, how you doing? | 你好啊 你怎么样 |
[12:44] | I’ll get this. | 我来开门 |
[12:45] | I had an incredible time last night. | 昨晚真是太棒了 |
[12:47] | Me too. | 我也是 |
[12:50] | Morning, all. Oh, forget it. | 大家早上好 哦 歇菜吧我 |
[12:59] | – Niles – Frasier – Niles. – Frasier. | |
[13:01] | I’m glad you’re here. I am so sorry about this morning. | 真高兴你在这儿 早上真是太抱歉了 |
[13:04] | Oh, oh, oh, not at all. I ended up | 哦 哦 哦 没事儿 我最后 |
[13:05] | playing an exhilarating game with Chip Emory. | 和Chip Emory打了一场精彩比赛 |
[13:07] | Won two out of three sets. | 三局我赢了两局 |
[13:09] | And if you recall, Chip was club champion four years running. | 记得吗 Chip可是俱乐部的四连冠啊 |
[13:11] | Yes, and I also recall that that record comes with an asterisk. | 对啊 我还记得那个记录还是带星号的呢 |
[13:16] | I believe his streak was interrupted by World War II. | 记得他的连冠被二战给打断了 |
[13:24] | It was Korea, and you know it. | 是朝鲜战争 你明知道的 |
[13:27] | Can I have my usual, please? | 麻烦还是老样子 |
[13:29] | Why was Faye at your apartment this morning? | 今天早上怎么Faye在你家啊 |
[13:31] | Well, actually, I almost made a terrible mistake. | 嗯 我差点犯下大错 |
[13:33] | Last night, I was prepared to break things off with her, | 昨晚 我准备和她摊牌 |
[13:35] | and then suddenly we fell into this | 突然之间我们就 |
[13:36] | marvellous conversation about architecture. | 谈论起了建筑 |
[13:38] | And as it turns out, she detests the design | 我才发现 她跟我一样 |
[13:41] | of the Bilbao Art Museum as much as I do. | 厌恶毕尔巴鄂艺术博物馆的设计 |
[13:43] | – And you almost let her go. – Yes, exactly. | – 你差点就错过她了 – 对啊 差点 |
[13:46] | And, well, you know, Cassandra’s a wonderful woman, but… | 你知道的 Cassandra真的非常好 但是 |
[13:49] | Well, Faye and I have a deeper connection | Faye跟我的羁绊更深 |
[13:53] | and to be fair, actually, she was the first | 老实说 其实 她还是第一个 |
[13:56] | to plant her flag on “Terra Frasier.” | 在Frasier这片领土上插旗的女人 |
[14:04] | I’m starting to think Napoleon had a Frasier complex. | 我看拿破仑可能也有Frasier情结啊 |
[14:07] | Yes, all right. | 你够了 |
[14:09] | Oh, there’s Cassandra. | 哦 Cassandra来了 |
[14:11] | I asked her here for coffee. I was gonna tell her | 我请她来这儿喝咖啡 我打算跟她说 |
[14:13] | – that we can’t see each other any longer. – Good luck. | – 以后不要再见面了 – 祝你好运 |
[14:15] | Thank you. Thank you, Niles. | 谢谢 谢谢你 Niles |
[14:17] | – Cassandra? – Hi, honey. | – Cassandra – 你好啊 宝贝儿 |
[14:18] | Hi. | 你好 |
[14:21] | Double espresso, please. | 双倍特浓 谢谢 |
[14:23] | – I have great news. – Really? | – 我有好消息 – 真的 |
[14:25] | Those new promos are working wonders. | 新的广告作用太惊人了 |
[14:28] | I just got the numbers, and you’re really scoring | 我刚拿到收听数据 你真的牢牢抓住了 |
[14:30] | with women between the ages of 25 and 49. | 25至49岁之间的女人的心啊 |
[14:33] | Well, that’s not always a good thing. | 这也不总是好事儿啊 |
[14:37] | You all right? | 你还好吧 |
[14:39] | Actually, I wanted to talk to you about | 其实 我想跟你谈谈 |
[14:43] | our relationship. | 咱们的关系 |
[14:45] | – You see, l… – I know where we’re going. | – 你知道的 我 – 我知道咱们要谈什么 |
[14:48] | A serious talk. | 严肃的对话 |
[14:51] | You see, there comes a time in every relationship | 你看 每一段关系都有那么一个时间 |
[14:53] | – when you have to decide… – I know. | – 你不得不决定 – 我知道 |
[14:55] | Whether we’re going to be exclusive or not. | 要不要对彼此专一 |
[14:57] | I’ve been wanting to talk to you about that too. | 我也想着要跟你谈呢 |
[14:59] | – You have? – Yes, you see… | – 你想着呢 – 是啊 话说 |
[15:02] | I thought you should know that I’ve been seeing someone else. | 我觉得你应该知道 我还在跟别人约会 |
[15:06] | Really? | 真的 |
[15:08] | Does that bother you? | 你是不是生气了 |
[15:09] | No. No, no, no, actually, not at all. | 不 不 不会 其实 一点也不 |
[15:13] | Oh, good. | 哦 那就好 |
[15:15] | Anyway, what I wanted to say was that… | 总之 我想跟你说 |
[15:17] | Well, how long you been seeing this other fellow? | 那你跟那个人约会多久了 |
[15:21] | Not very long. You’re not upset, are you? | 没多久 你没不高兴吧 |
[15:23] | No, no, no. Actually, I was about to say… | 没 没 没有 其实 我正想说 |
[15:25] | Well, what does he do? | 他是干什么的 |
[15:28] | He owns his own venture-capital firm. | 他有自己的风投公司 |
[15:30] | Although he spends most of his time racing sailboats | 不过他大部分时间都花在帆船比赛 |
[15:32] | and rebuilding trails for the Sierra Club. | 和为塞拉俱乐部修路上了 |
[15:35] | Oh, really? Seems a little unfocused, doesn’t he? | 哦 真的 听着有点贪多嚼不烂呐 |
[15:40] | – You are upset, aren’t you? – No, no, no. | – 你就是不高兴了 – 没有 没有 |
[15:43] | Really, there’s no reason to be jealous of Sloane. | 真的 你没必要吃Sloane的醋 |
[15:48] | Believe me, I am not jealous of Sloane. | 相信我 我一点都不嫉妒Sloane |
[15:53] | If anything, I pity the man who has to go through life | 正相反 我可怜他这辈子都得 |
[15:56] | with a pretentious name like that. | 跟这么个自命不凡的名字绑在一起 |
[15:58] | – Frasier. – All right, fine, fine, fine. | – Frasier – 行 好了 好了 |
[16:01] | You know what, let’s just drop the whole thing, all right? | 咱们先不谈这个了 好吗 |
[16:03] | Okay. Now, about those new promos… | 好的 那么 那些个广告 |
[16:06] | – Cassandra, I want us to be exclusive. – What? | – Cassandra 我想跟你专一发展 – 你说什么 |
[16:09] | Yes, well, I’m the kind of person | 对 我就是那种 |
[16:11] | who can make a decision and commit to it. | 能做出选择 做出承诺的人 |
[16:13] | And I was hoping that you might be that sort of person too. | 我希望你也能是 |
[16:16] | Oh, Frasier, I’m so touched. | 哦 Frasier 我太感动了 |
[16:19] | If you only want us to be with each other, that’s great. | 如果你想让咱们彼此忠贞 那太好了 |
[16:22] | I was supposed to see Sloane tonight, | 我今晚本应该跟Sloane见面的 |
[16:24] | but I’m gonna call him and cancel. | 但我要打给他取消 |
[16:26] | Oh, that’s wonderful. | 哦 那太好了 |
[16:28] | Oh, my God. That means we can spend the night together. | 哦 天啊 那就是说咱们今晚可以在一起了 |
[16:42] | Looks like she took the news well. Are you insane? | 看来她的反应不错啊 你是疯了吗 |
[16:46] | Niles, I almost made a terrible mistake. | Niles 我差点就犯了大错 |
[16:49] | What could possibly have happened | 到底发生了什么啊 |
[16:50] | in the last four minutes to make you change your mind again? | 让你在短短四分钟里又一次改了主意 |
[16:52] | Actually, when Cassandra told me that she was seeing somebody else, | 当Cassandra告诉我她还在跟别人约会时 |
[16:55] | it awakened something in me. | 我内心里有什么觉醒了 |
[16:57] | – Oh, petty jealousy? – No. | – 喔 你那可悲的妒忌心吗 – 不 |
[16:59] | The realisation that I couldn’t bear to lose her. | 我意识到我不能失去她 |
[17:01] | Yes, and the minute you see Faye, you’ll reverse yourself again. | 对 等到你见到Faye的时候 你也会这么想的 |
[17:03] | No. No, I won’t. I’ll prove it to you. | 不 不 我不会 我证明给你看 |
[17:07] | Cassandra is the one. I’m sure of it. | Cassandra就是我的那个她 我肯定 |
[17:14] | Her machine. | 她的答录机 |
[17:15] | Yes, Faye, it’s Frasier. | 嗨 Faye 我是Frasier |
[17:18] | Listen, I won’t be able to join you for dinner tonight. | 我跟你说 晚上我没法跟你吃饭了 |
[17:22] | But perhaps you could call me later. | 不过也许晚点你能给我打电话 |
[17:26] | We need to talk. | 我得跟你谈谈 |
[17:29] | There, I’ve done it. | 好了 我做到了 |
[17:32] | Nothing says it’s over between us quite like the phrase: | 这句是分手金句啊 |
[17:36] | “We need to talk.” | 我得跟你谈谈 |
[17:38] | See, that was my problem, actually. I kept leaving the door open. | 看 这就是我的问题 我老是给自己留后路 |
[17:41] | – I’m very proud of you, Frasier. – Thank you, Niles. | – 我太为你骄傲了 Frasier – 谢谢 Niles |
[17:43] | An enlightened man is he who can learn from his mistakes. | 聪明的人能够从错误中吸取经验 |
[17:46] | Squash tomorrow morning? | 明早打壁球吗 |
[17:48] | – 9 A.M., my place? – See you there. | – 九点我家见 – 明儿见 |
[17:54] | Well, I called him. | 我打给他了 |
[17:57] | I probably should feel guilty. | 也许我应该感到内疚 |
[17:59] | I’m just so glad it’s just the two of us now. | 但我真高兴 现在就剩咱俩了 |
[18:01] | I’m ecstatic. | 我真是欣喜若狂 |
[18:03] | I know a cute little bed-and-breakfast we can go to this weekend. | 我知道一家特别可爱的家庭旅馆 咱们周末可以去 |
[18:06] | Oh, really? | 哦 真的 |
[18:08] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[18:10] | What a relief this is. I’ve made my choice. | 我真是如释重负啊 终于下定了决心 |
[18:13] | Look at her. I’ve found an angel. | 看看她啊 我找到了天使 |
[18:19] | An angel who wears an awful lot of makeup. | 一个浓妆艳抹的天使 |
[18:23] | I’ve never noticed that before. | 我怎么之前都没注意到 |
[18:24] | Faye doesn’t paint her face up like that. | Faye从不会在她脸上抹那么多 |
[18:27] | And they have the cutest little four-poster beds in each room. | 每间房间里都有那可爱的四柱床 |
[18:31] | That sounds lovely. | 真不错 |
[18:33] | My, she uses the word “Cute” A lot. | 天啊 她好爱用可爱这个词啊 |
[18:37] | I’m cute. This cafe is cute. Now the bed is cute. | 我可爱 咖啡馆可爱 现在连床都可爱了 |
[18:42] | Faye used the word “Jejune” Last night. | Faye昨晚用了贫瘠这个词 |
[18:48] | Oh, you know, I meant to tell you. | 哦 对了 我想告诉你的 |
[18:50] | I really liked how you handled that nasty caller yesterday. | 我真喜欢你昨天对待那个下流听众的方式 |
[18:53] | It was such a clever way… | 真是太聪明了 |
[18:55] | God, all she talks about is work, work, work. | 天啊 她只会谈工作 工作 工作 |
[18:59] | And now I’ll see her every morning before work, | 现在我每天早晨上班前要见她 |
[19:02] | and at work, and after work. | 上班也见 下班还见 |
[19:05] | I feel trapped. | 我被套牢了 |
[19:08] | I can’t breathe. | 我不能呼吸了 |
[19:11] | Wait, what are you doing? It’s just your fear talking. | 等下 你这是干嘛呢 只是你的恐惧在说话罢了 |
[19:14] | She’s a wonderful woman. She’s the one. She’s perfect. | 她是个好女人 她就是我的唯一 她多完美 |
[19:18] | And then I ran into Roz after the show, | 节目之后我碰见了Roz |
[19:21] | and she told me the cutest little story… | 她给我讲了一个超可爱的故事 |
[19:23] | Cassandra, we need to talk. | Cassandra 我得跟你谈谈 |
[19:33] | – Frasier? – Faye, hi. | – Frasier – Faye 你好 |
[19:35] | – We really need to talk. – I know, I got your message. | – 咱们真得谈谈 – 我知道 我收到你的消息了 |
[19:38] | I thought you couldn’t see me tonight. | 我以为你今晚没时间见面呢 |
[19:40] | Yes. Well, I just had some unfinished business | 对啊 我有点事情没解决 |
[19:41] | with the Promotions Department, but that’s all done now. | 跟我的宣传部门 但现在都搞定了 |
[19:46] | I wish you would’ve called. I would’ve put something on. | 你要先打个电话多好啊 我好换件衣服 |
[19:48] | No, no, you look beautiful. | 不 不用 你这样就很美 |
[19:50] | Listen, Faye, I want us to be exclusive. | 听着 Faye 我想跟你专一发展 |
[19:57] | What? | 你说什么 |
[19:58] | Yes, I wanna take our relationship to the next level. | 是的 我想更深层次地发展咱们的关系 |
[20:00] | I just wanna be with you. | 我只想和你在一起 |
[20:04] | I’m a little surprised. | 我有点意外 |
[20:05] | You said, “We need to talk” On the machine, | 你在答录机上说要跟我谈谈 |
[20:08] | and, you know, that usually means it’s over. | 你知道的 一般来说 这就是说要玩儿完了 |
[20:10] | Really? I had no idea. | 真的 我一点都不知道 |
[20:15] | Well, this is wonderful. | 这真是太好了 |
[20:17] | Oh, my God. | 哦 天啊 |
[20:19] | Oh, God, so it’s just you and me. | 哦 天 只是你和我 |
[20:22] | God, this is exhilarating. | 真是太让人高兴了 |
[20:24] | Oh, this is turning out to be the best day ever. | 今天变成了最美好的一天 |
[20:26] | Because… Well, okay, Chris McKenna, the restaurant critic, | 因为 好的 Chris McKenna 那个餐馆评论员 |
[20:29] | he comes over to the restaurant this morning… | 今早来了我的餐馆 |
[20:31] | What is she thinking with that ridiculous shirt? | 她这是想什么呢 穿这么可笑的T恤 |
[20:35] | Tie-dye? Stop it, Frasier. | 扎染吗 行了 Frasier |
[20:38] | You can’t do this to yourself. This is nothing more than | 你在干嘛呢 这不过就是在最终 |
[20:42] | the natural panic of finally making your choice. | 做了选择后的自然恐慌罢了 |
[20:45] | That the printer had messed up | 印刷工搞错了 |
[20:46] | and the menu said “Flab” Instead of “Flan.” | 菜单上写着郭馅饼 而不是果馅饼 |
[20:51] | That is so precious. | 太难得了 真是 |
[20:53] | And so is she. | 她也一样 |
[20:56] | Precious. My Faye. | 真爱 我的Faye |
[20:59] | Faye as in favourite. | 非同寻常的Faye |
[21:03] | This feels so much better now that I’ve relaxed. | 我放松下来真的感觉好多了 |
[21:06] | I was about to doom this whole relationship | 我差点把这段关系毁了 |
[21:08] | with my neurotic nitpicking. | 就因为我神经质的挑剔 |
[21:10] | But it’s clear sailing now. | 但现在都一帆风顺啦 |
[21:12] | Well, enough about me. How was your day? | 不说我了 你今天怎么样 |
[21:14] | Well, it certainly ended well. | 结局还是不错的 |
[21:18] | Although, you know, something, something funny did happen at the station. | 不过 跟你说啊 电视台还真有点有趣的事儿 |
[21:22] | It was during the second hour of my show. | 在我节目的第二个小时 |
[21:24] | My God, he really does love to talk about himself. | 天啊 他还真爱说他自己啊 |
[21:28] | Is that another new pair of shoes? | 这是双新鞋吗 |
[21:31] | He’s got more shoes than I do. | 他的鞋子比我还多啊 |
[21:34] | Didn’t really work out, but… | 并没什么用 但是 |