时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:08] | – Good show today, Roz. – Yeah. | – 今天不错 Roz – 嗯 |
[00:10] | – Say, why all the catalogues? – I need to buy a present. | – 哪里来的产品目录 – 我要买一件礼物 |
[00:14] | Tiffany, Cartier, Neiman Marcus… | 蒂凡尼 卡地亚 内曼马库斯 |
[00:18] | – Anything look good to you here? – Well, let’s see. | – 你觉得什么东西比较好 – 让我看看 |
[00:21] | Who could we be shopping for? | 礼物是送给谁的 |
[00:24] | Perhaps a honey-voiced radio therapist | 或许是一位马上就要过生日 |
[00:27] | whose birthday’s just around the corner? | 巧舌如簧的电台心理学家 |
[00:30] | No, this present is not for you. It’s for your brother. | 不是为你买礼物 是给你弟弟的 |
[00:32] | Oh, all right, Roz, listen, don’t be coy. | 得了吧Roz 不要不好意思 |
[00:34] | I think it’s very smart, your fishing for hints like this. | 旁敲侧击地询问送什么礼物是很聪明 |
[00:37] | You want to avoid a misstep like you made last year. | 你不希望犯下和去年一样的错误 |
[00:39] | What misstep? You said you loved Pagliacci. | 什么错误 你说你喜欢丑角d |
[00:42] | Yes, the opera, not the little porcelain crying clown figurine. | 是的 歌剧<丑角> 不是一个哭泣的小丑瓷器 |
[00:46] | Look, Niles pulled some strings | 听着 Niles托了关系 |
[00:48] | and got Alice on a list for a really good preschool | 让Alice可以上一所非常不错的幼儿园 |
[00:50] | so I thought I’d get him a thank-you gift. | 我想送他一件礼物表达谢意 |
[00:52] | That’s why I was asking | 所以我才会向你 |
[00:53] | for your stupid opinion in the first place. | 咨询愚蠢的建议 |
[00:55] | – But forget it. – All right, fine. | – 忘了这回事吧 – 好吧 |
[00:56] | – I’ll figure it out for myself. – Have it your own way.That’s fine. | – 我自己想 – 你自己想 没问题 |
[00:59] | But I’ll tell you what, don’t get him a porcelain Pagliacci. | 但可别给他买瓷器小丑 |
[01:03] | He already has one. | 他已经有一个了 |
[01:10] | – Hi, Dad. – Hey, Fras. | – 嗨 爸 – 嗨 Fras |
[01:13] | You’ll never guess who I just saw. | 你绝对猜不到我刚才看到谁了 |
[01:14] | I went over for a cup of coffee with Hank. | 我去和Hank喝咖啡 |
[01:16] | You remember Hank? | 还记得Hank吧 |
[01:17] | He’s the security guard who works at Weston’s Jewellery Store. | 他是威士顿珠宝店的保安 |
[01:20] | Anyway, we were in his booth, | 总之 我们在他的警卫室里 |
[01:22] | just shooting the breeze | 一边闲聊 |
[01:23] | and looking at the surveillance monitors, | 一边看监视器 |
[01:25] | and who do I see buying an engagement ring but Donny. | 结果我看到Donny在买订婚戒指 |
[01:29] | As in Daphne and Donny. | 和Daphne在一起的那个Donny |
[01:31] | Donny Donny? | |
[01:32] | – Are you sure? – Yeah. | – 你确定吗 – 是的 |
[01:34] | Engagement rings is Tina’s counter. We use the zoom lens on her. | Tina的柜台专营订婚戒指 我们一直把镜头对准她 |
[01:39] | Dad, I’m shocked. | 爸爸 我太震惊了 |
[01:40] | Oh, no, it’s just innocent fun. | 不用啦 这只是无伤大雅的玩笑 |
[01:41] | She only dresses that way because she knows we’re looking at her. | 她知道我们一直在看她 所以才穿成那样 |
[01:45] | I mean about Daphne and Donny. | 我是说Daphne和Donny的事 |
[01:46] | I didn’t realize they were this serious. | 我不知道他们这么认真 |
[01:48] | They spend all that time together. | 他们这段时间一直黏在一起 |
[01:50] | This is gonna crush Niles. | 这会伤透Niles的心 |
[01:51] | – Yeah, I know. – Do you think we should tell him? | – 我知道 – 你觉得我们应该告诉他吗 |
[01:54] | No, it’s none of our business. We do not tell Niles | 不 这不关我们的事 我们不告诉Niles |
[01:56] | and we definitely do not tell Daphne. | 更不能告诉Daphne |
[01:59] | – Tell Daphne what? – Nothing. | – 告诉Daphne什么 – 没什么 |
[02:01] | It’s bad news, isn’t it? | 是坏消息 不是吗 |
[02:02] | No, it’s not bad news. | 不 不是坏消息 |
[02:03] | Is it about my mum? Did they find something during her physical? | 是我妈妈出事了吗 她体检查出来什么了 |
[02:06] | They did, didn’t they? I have to call her. | 他们查出来了 是不是 我要给她打电话 |
[02:08] | No, Daphne, no, no, no. There is absolutely no news. | 不 Daphne 不不不 绝对没有事 |
[02:11] | And even if there were, it’s not up to us to tell you about it. | 即使有事 也轮不上我们告诉你 |
[02:14] | Who should tell me, then? | 那么谁才能告诉我 |
[02:16] | Head surgeon? Our family minister? | 主治医生 家庭顾问 |
[02:17] | – No! – No! | – 不 – 不 |
[02:18] | The mortician? | 承办殡葬的人 |
[02:19] | God, I’ve gotta pack. I hope I’m not too late. | 天啊 我要收拾行李 希望还不是太晚 |
[02:21] | I just saw Donny buying you an engagement ring. | 我刚刚看到Donny给你买订婚戒指 |
[02:24] | That is the news. | 这就是新闻 |
[02:26] | Really? | 真的吗 |
[02:28] | I don’t believe it. | 我不敢相信 |
[02:30] | I’m gonna get married. God, I’m so excited. | 我要结婚了 天啊 我太激动了 |
[02:32] | I’m gonna be a missus. Mrs. Donny Douglas. | 我要成为太太了 Donny Douglas太太 |
[02:35] | Mrs. Donald Ronald Douglas. Oh, God! | Donald Ronald Douglas太太 哦天啊 |
[02:40] | Yes, well, I guess we’re gonna have to prepare Niles now. | 好吧 咱们应该为Niles做思想准备了 |
[02:43] | He’s on his way over here. | 他一会儿过来 |
[02:44] | Yeah, well, don’t tell him here. | 好吧 别在这里告诉他 |
[02:46] | I don’t want him going to pieces in front of Daphne. | 我不希望他在Daphne面前崩溃 |
[02:49] | Yes, I guess I can tell him at the restaurant. | 好 我想我可以在餐厅告诉他 |
[02:51] | Well, just don’t take him to one of those | 不过别带他去你们常去的 |
[02:52] | fancy wine bistros that you guys love. | 那些高档酒吧 |
[02:55] | News like this calls for hard liquor in big glasses. | 这种消息需要大杯的烈酒来消化 |
[03:01] | Wherever it is, I just think it’s best that Niles hear it from me | 不管怎样 我希望Niles能从我这里听到这个消息 |
[03:04] | and not from Daphne. | 而不是Daphne亲口告诉他 |
[03:05] | Hear what from Daphne? | Daphne亲口告诉我什么 |
[03:09] | I’ll tell you at the restaurant. | 我到饭店之后再跟你说 |
[03:11] | No, I don’t wanna wait till we get to the bistro. | 不 我不想等到了酒吧 |
[03:13] | You’re just gonna have to wait. | 你只能等 |
[03:14] | And you’re not going to any bistro. | 而且你还去不了酒吧 |
[03:19] | Well, fine. If you won’t tell me, | 好吧 如果你不告诉我 |
[03:20] | then I’ll just ask Daphne myself. | 那么我只好自己去问Daphne |
[03:22] | Niles, wait. The truth is… | Niles 等一下 事实上 |
[03:26] | – Daphne’s… – Mother is dying. | – Daphne的 – 妈妈快去世了 |
[03:32] | – Dear God. – Yes, tragic, isn’t it? | – 我的上帝啊 – 是的 太悲剧了 不是吗 |
[03:35] | Yes. | 是的 |
[03:36] | She’s gonna need all the support that we can give her. | 她会需要我们的帮助的 |
[03:38] | Evening, Dr. Crane. | 晚上好 Crane医生 |
[03:40] | Come on, Niles, we don’t wanna lose our table. | 走吧Niles 去晚了就没有座位了 |
[03:42] | Did you hear the news? | 你已经知道了吗 |
[03:43] | I just did. What can I say? | 我刚听说 我能说什么 |
[03:49] | I’ve thought about this day ever since I was a little girl. | 我从小就在幻想这一天 |
[03:52] | I’m sure you have. | 我想是的 |
[03:53] | It’s even better than I thought it would be. | 比我想象的还要好 |
[03:58] | I can already picture the big day. | 我已经在构想那一天了 |
[04:00] | Beautiful flowers everywhere, | 到处都是美丽的鲜花 |
[04:03] | a sea of smiling faces. | 大家的脸上都堆满笑容 |
[04:06] | I suppose everyone will want to have their picture taken | 每个人都想和那天的女主角 |
[04:08] | with the lady of the hour. | 一起合影 |
[04:13] | You know, maybe Daphne could use a little quiet time. | 也许Daphne想一个人静一静 |
[04:17] | No, who could be quiet? I’m so happy. | 不 谁能静得下来 我太高兴了 |
[04:20] | Donny’s gonna ask me to marry him. | Donny要向我求婚 |
[04:23] | What? | 什么 |
[04:24] | Now, come the big day, you’ll all sit right up front with my family | 听着 那一天你们要和我的家人坐在第一排 |
[04:27] | because that’s what you are to me. Family. | 因为你们就是我的家人 |
[04:29] | Well, that’s what you are to us too, Daph. | Daph 你也是我们的家人 |
[04:32] | Oh, I am so thrilled for you. | 哦 我为你感到兴奋 |
[04:35] | Oh, thank you. Thank you, all. | 谢谢你 谢谢大伙 |
[04:42] | I’m sorry, son. | 我很遗憾 儿子 |
[04:46] | – You wanna talk? – No. | – 你想聊聊吗 – 不 |
[04:47] | Frasier, if you wouldn’t mind, I’m gonna cancel dinner. | Frasier 如果你不介意的话我想取消晚餐 |
[04:50] | – I need to be alone. – Of course, Niles. | – 我要一个人静一静 – 当然可以Niles |
[04:53] | Look, if you need me, call. | 如果你需要我 就打电话 |
[04:58] | Poor kid. | 可怜的孩子 |
[05:00] | He’ll be all right, Dad. | 他会好起来的 爸爸 |
[05:01] | You know, Niles is a lot stronger than we give him credit for. | 你知道吗 Niles比我们想象的强大多了 |
[05:08] | Hello? | 你好 |
[05:10] | Hold the elevator. I’ll be right there. | 按住电梯 我马上出来 |
[05:16] | Hang in there, son, he’s on his way. | 坚持住 儿子 他已经过去了 |
[05:26] | Yes? | 请进 |
[05:28] | This came while you were in session. It’s from a Roz Doyle. | 你开会的时候Roz Doyle送来了这个 |
[05:33] | She wanted to thank you for a favour that you did. | 她为你曾经帮过她表达谢意 |
[05:36] | I’ll be off now. | 我现在下班了 |
[05:37] | All right. Good night, Mrs. Woodson. | 好的 晚安 Woodson太太 |
[05:44] | Come in, Mrs. Woodson. | 请进 Woodson太太 |
[05:46] | I’m afraid it’s me, Dr. Crane. | 是我 Crane医生 |
[05:49] | Daphne. What are you doing here? | Daphne 你怎么来了 |
[05:51] | I know I should’ve called first, but I need to talk to you. | 我知道我应该事先打个电话 但是我有话要说 |
[05:54] | It’s sort of a private matter and I hoped we could talk here. | 是私事所以我希望能在这里跟你谈谈 |
[05:58] | Well, it’s not really appropriate for me to act as your therapist, | 由我来担任你的心理医生是不太合适的 |
[06:01] | but if it’s just advice from a friend that you need, | 但如果你只是寻求朋友的建议 |
[06:04] | I’m happy to lend an ear. What’s on your mind? | 我很愿意倾听 你想说什么 |
[06:07] | Well… | 那个 |
[06:10] | I don’t think I can marry Donny. | 我不能嫁给Donny |
[06:13] | I think there’s someone else I’m meant to be with. | 我觉得自己命中注定要和另外一个人在一起 |
[06:16] | Who is it? | 是谁 |
[06:17] | – It’s Mrs… – Oh, for God’s sake, go home! | – 是我 – 看在上帝的份上 快回家 |
[06:25] | Sorry for that interruption. | 抱歉被打扰了 |
[06:26] | Anyway, this man you’re meant to be with, who is he? | 言归正传 你说的这个男人是谁 |
[06:31] | I’m afraid I can’t say. | 恐怕我不能说 |
[06:33] | Yes, you can. We’re the only ones here. | 你可以 这里只有我们俩 |
[06:35] | Are you sure you won’t laugh at me? | 你确定你不会笑话我吗 |
[06:38] | How could you think I would laugh at you? | 我怎么会笑话你呢 |
[06:39] | Most people would if I told them | 大部分人都会 如果我说 |
[06:41] | I’d seen the love of my life in a psychic vision. | 我用超能力看见了我的挚爱 |
[06:43] | Well, most people are… What? | 那他们就是 什么 |
[06:47] | You know how I have these psychic flashes from time to time. | 你知道我时不时能看见一些片段 |
[06:50] | Well, I had one last night. | 我昨晚看到了 |
[06:53] | You had a vision about | 你预见了 |
[06:56] | the love of your life. Okay. | 你此生的挚爱 好的 |
[06:59] | Well, tell me about it. Here. | 跟我说说 坐吧 |
[07:02] | Daphne And, Daphne, | |
[07:04] | omit nothing. | 不要漏掉任何细节 |
[07:06] | All right. | 好吧 |
[07:08] | I was straightening up the living room when I had a sudden flash | 我在整理客厅的时候眼前突然闪现出 |
[07:12] | of a wedding ceremony for Donny and me. | 我和Donny结婚的场景 |
[07:14] | Oh, it was lovely. | 哦 太有爱了 |
[07:16] | The church was packed to the rafters. | 教堂装饰到了屋梁 |
[07:18] | Me mum was there in a peach silk looking very smart, | 我妈妈穿着桃色丝绸看起来特别精神 |
[07:21] | me brothers in their suits… | 我的兄弟们穿着西装 |
[07:23] | I may have led you in the wrong direction | 你可能误解了我说的 |
[07:25] | with the omit-nothing business. | “不要漏掉任何细节” |
[07:26] | Feel free to skip ahead. | 你可以略去开头 |
[07:27] | Right. | 好的 |
[07:29] | Well, my father had just walked me up to the altar | 我的父亲陪我走上圣坛 |
[07:32] | and I was standing there facing Donny. | 我面向Donny站着 |
[07:35] | He looked quite natty. Black tuxedo, tails, very slender. | 他看起来很潇洒 黑色的燕尾服 身形修长 |
[07:38] | We’re skipping. | 继续略去一些内容 |
[07:42] | Well, then the vicar began the ceremony. | 然后牧师开始主持典礼 |
[07:45] | He asked if anyone had a reason why we shouldn’t wed | 他问有没有人反对我们的结合 |
[07:49] | and that’s when this… | 就在这时 |
[07:51] | Well, this person stood up and said that he did. | 有个人站起来说他反对 |
[07:56] | He said that he was the true love of my life, | 他说他才是我此生的真爱 |
[07:58] | though he’d never had the courage to say so. | 但是他一直没有说出来的勇气 |
[08:01] | I feel so awkward telling you all this. | 告诉你这些我觉得很不好意思 |
[08:03] | Don’t. I think I know who this person is. | 别这么说 我知道他是谁 |
[08:07] | – You do? – Yes. | – 你知道 – 是的 |
[08:08] | Well, I don’t see how you could. I couldn’t tell myself. | 我不知道你是怎么看出来的 我自己都不清楚 |
[08:12] | He was standing in the shadows and I couldn’t see his face. | 他站在阴影里 我看不清他的脸 |
[08:16] | All I could make out was that he was wearing a red bow tie. | 我只能看出他戴着红色的领结 |
[08:21] | I don’t have a… | 我没有 |
[08:24] | a clue why anyone would wear such a thing to a wedding. | 我不知道怎么会有人戴红色领结参加婚礼 |
[08:28] | Heavens, I can’t believe I’m | 天啊 不敢相信我把自己可以 |
[08:30] | talking about my visions to a psychiatrist. | 预见未来的事告诉了心理医生 |
[08:33] | Your brother would think I was daft. | 你哥哥一定认为我疯了 |
[08:34] | Well, Frasier’s never really shared my mystical, spiritual bent. | Frasier在精神领域的爱好一向与我不同 |
[08:41] | This does mean I’m gonna have to turn down Donny’s proposal. | 这意味着我该拒绝Donny的求婚吗 |
[08:46] | You don’t think that would be crazy? | 你不觉得这么做很疯狂吗 |
[08:48] | Not at all. | 一点也不 |
[08:50] | Then you really believe in psychic visions too? | 你也相信我能预见未来吗 |
[08:52] | I do. | 我相信 |
[08:54] | Thank you, Dr. Crane. That means a lot to me. | 谢谢你 Crane医生 这对我来说很重要 |
[08:58] | Of course, if I can’t marry Donny, | 当然了 如果不能和Donny结婚 |
[09:00] | I can’t very well go on dating him. | 我也不能继续和他约会了 |
[09:03] | That would just be leading him on. | 那样会继续误导他 |
[09:05] | That’s very true. | 非常正确 |
[09:07] | I don’t know how I’m gonna break it off with him. | 我不知道该怎样和他分手 |
[09:10] | Well, do you wanna write a letter? | 你想用写信的方式吗 |
[09:13] | I have stationery and a fax machine. | 我有纸笔和传真机 |
[09:16] | No. I have to tell him to his face. | 不 我必须当面告诉他 |
[09:21] | I do hate to let him go, though. | 当然了 我非常不想分手 |
[09:23] | I know it’s hard, but it’s the only ethical thing to do. | 我知道这很为难 但这是唯一正确的办法 |
[09:27] | You’re right. | 你是对的 |
[09:31] | Now I see why people come to you. | 现在我知道为什么人们总会向你求助 |
[09:34] | You always point them in the right direction. | 你总能为他们指明正确的方向 |
[09:37] | Well, I’d be a poor excuse for a psychiatrist if I didn’t. | 如果我做不到那我也不配自称是心理医生了 |
[09:52] | – Hello, Dad. – Hey, Fras. | – 你好 爸爸 – 嗨 Fras |
[10:01] | What’s Eddie doing? | Eddie在做什么 |
[10:02] | Every time this cooking show comes on, | 每次播放这个烹饪节目的时候 |
[10:04] | he rolls over and watches it upside-down. | 它都会翻过来倒着看 |
[10:07] | He likes all the pouring they do. | 他喜欢看他们倒东西 |
[10:09] | He thinks it’s funny the way the food goes up instead of down. | 食物从下往上流动看起来更有意思 |
[10:16] | – Evening. – Hey, Daph. | – 晚上好 – 嗨 Daph |
[10:19] | Donny called, said he’d be here about 8. | Donny打电话说他大概八点到 |
[10:21] | Do you think he’ll pop the question tonight? | 你觉得他今晚会向你求婚吗 |
[10:24] | I hope not. | 我希望不会 |
[10:26] | What’s the matter? | 怎么了 |
[10:27] | I’ve decided to break up with him tonight. | 我决定今晚和他分手 |
[10:29] | What? You wanted to marry him yesterday. | 什么 你昨天还想跟他结婚呢 |
[10:32] | Well, you know how I have these visions from time to time. | 你也知道我时不时会有预见未来的能力 |
[10:36] | And don’t tell Dr. Crane. Well… | 别告诉Crane医生 |
[10:37] | Don’t tell me what? | 别告诉我什么 |
[10:40] | – Nothing. – It’s my car again, isn’t it? | – 没什么 – 又是我的车 对不对 |
[10:42] | It’s not your bloody car. | 不是你那该死的车 |
[10:44] | She’s breaking up with Donny because of some vision. | 她因为预见了些什么就要和Donny分手 |
[10:47] | I asked you not to mention that. | 我说了让你别提 |
[10:49] | What vision? | 预见什么 |
[10:51] | I know you’ll make fun of me. | 我知道你们会嘲笑我 |
[10:52] | But I had a vision that I’m meant to be with another man. | 但我看到自己会和另一个男人在一起 |
[10:55] | – Who? – I couldn’t see his face. | – 谁 – 我看不清他的脸 |
[10:57] | I don’t know anything about him. | 我对他一无所知 |
[10:59] | He was just wearing a red bow tie. | 我只知道他戴着红色的领结 |
[11:02] | You’re seriously gonna dump Donny because of some psychic vision? | 你真的要因为灵媒闪现而和Donny分手 |
[11:05] | Don’t you think that’s a little unwise? | 你不觉得这样做有点不明智 |
[11:07] | Well, your brother didn’t think so. | 可是你弟弟不这么认为 |
[11:11] | – Niles knows about this? – Yes. | – Niles知道这件事 – 是的 |
[11:14] | He helped me to see that ending things with Donny was my only choice. | 他让我意识到 和Donny分手是唯一的办法 |
[11:17] | Unlike you, he believes in my visions. | 不像你 他相信我的超能力 |
[11:20] | He knows I have a gift. | 他知道我有天赋 |
[11:23] | Yes. He’s been trying to unwrap it for six years. | 是的 这六年以来他一直试图解读 |
[11:34] | That’ll be Donny. | Donny来了 |
[11:35] | What do you think about all this vision stuff? | 你对预见未来这事有什么看法 |
[11:38] | Obviously,there’s some psychological | 显然某种心理上的因素 |
[11:39] | reason that she’s having second thoughts. | 促使她犹豫了 |
[11:41] | It’s got nothing to do with an apparition in a red bow tie. | 这与莫名其妙出现的红色领结无关 |
[11:51] | Niles, you jackass, will you take that thing off? | Niles你个混蛋 快点把那个东西拿下来 |
[11:58] | I admit it’s a departure for me, | 我承认这与我的一贯风格不符 |
[12:00] | but I’m feeling a bit kicky today. | 但是我觉得今天特别有精神 |
[12:01] | Yes, I know. | 是的 我知道 |
[12:03] | Daphne told us how you encouraged | Daphne说 她预见未来 |
[12:04] | her to follow her vision and to dump Donny. | 而你鼓励她和Donny分手 |
[12:06] | I’m astonished at your lack of integrity. | 我被你的道德感缺失震惊了 |
[12:09] | Now, will you take that damn thing off? | 你能先把那个该死的东西摘下来吗 |
[12:11] | What did you hope to accomplish with that anyway? | 你戴着它想做什么 |
[12:13] | I was simply trying to nudge Daphne into the realisation | 我只是想让Daphne明白 |
[12:15] | that I am the man in her vision. | 我就是她预见的那个男人 |
[12:17] | Niles Niles. | |
[12:18] | All right. But why else would she come to me? | 好吧 但是她为什么来找我呢 |
[12:21] | Surely, you of all people realise that there is some psychological basis | 你最能看出来她所谓的预见能力 |
[12:24] | for these visions of hers. | 是建立在心理基础上 |
[12:26] | It represents a fear of some kind. | 它代表了她的恐惧 |
[12:29] | A fear of intimacy, a fear of commitment, | 害怕亲密关系 害怕承诺 |
[12:32] | a fear of the Windsor knot. Who knows? | 害怕温莎领结 谁知道 |
[12:37] | Wasn’t that Donny at the door? | 刚才是Donny在敲门吗 |
[12:38] | No, no, just Niles, Daphne. | 不不 是Niles Daphne |
[12:41] | You know, we were just discussing these visions of yours. | 我们在讨论你的超能力 |
[12:44] | Look, I’m in no mood to be mocked. | 听着 我现在没有心情被你们嘲笑 |
[12:47] | I’m not mocking you, Daphne. | 我不是在嘲笑你 Daphne |
[12:50] | And I’m not trying to influence you in any way either. | 我也不想影响你的决定 |
[12:53] | It’s just that I was wondering… | 我只是在想 |
[12:56] | Have these psychic warnings ever come to you before? | 你以前出现过这些灵媒的警告吗 |
[12:59] | Say, at a critical juncture in a relationship. | 比如在一段关系的紧要关头 |
[13:03] | No. | 没有 |
[13:05] | Well, actually, yes. | 事实上 是有的 |
[13:07] | Once when my first boyfriend proposed, | 当我第一任男友求婚的时候 |
[13:09] | I had a vision telling me there was someone better waiting, | 我预见了我还会遇见更好的人 |
[13:12] | which there was, Clyde. | 确实有 Clyde |
[13:14] | But you dumped Clyde. | 但是你甩了Clyde |
[13:15] | Look, I don’t have time for this right now. | 我现在没时间跟你讨论这个 |
[13:19] | Oh, yes, no fear of commitment there. | 是的 她可不害怕承诺 |
[13:22] | Well, it’s just as possible that she knew those men were wrong for her. | 也有可能她知道那些男人都不适合她 |
[13:26] | Isn’t that right, Dad? | 难道不是吗 爸爸 |
[13:27] | Leave me out of this. | 别把我扯进来 |
[13:28] | I’m just looking for my TV Guide. | 我只是在找电视指南 |
[13:29] | Well, I could use a little support here. | 可是我需要你的支持 |
[13:31] | Well, maybe that’s why I said to leave me out of it. | 所以我说别把我扯进来 |
[13:34] | I’m sorry, Niles. I want you to be happy, | 我很抱歉 Niles 我希望你能幸福 |
[13:36] | but I’m with your brother on this. | 但是我同意你哥哥的看法 |
[13:40] | Niles, the fact is, you don’t know what causes these visions. | Niles 你不知道这些预见的起因是什么 |
[13:44] | And yet you still advised her to walk away | 但是你还是建议她 |
[13:46] | from a wonderful relationship. | 逃离一段非常可靠的关系 |
[13:49] | It doesn’t make you much of a psychiatrist. | 你这样做不像是一个心理医生 |
[13:51] | That’s your opinion. | 那是你的看法 |
[13:53] | Yes, well, here’s a second opinion. | 给你提供另外一种看法 |
[13:55] | It doesn’t make you much of a friend. | 你这样做也不够朋友 |
[14:03] | You sure you didn’t throw it away with the recycling? | 你确定你没有和垃圾一起扔了 |
[14:05] | Are you actually looking for your TV Guide? | 你还真的在找电视指南啊 |
[14:08] | Well, I have to plan my weekend. | 我要为周末做打算 |
[14:11] | You really do have the world on a string, don’t you, Dad? | 你真的想控制全世界吗 爸爸 |
[14:16] | Look, Daphne, I have been thinking about our talk this afternoon. | Daphne 我认真地想了想我们下午的谈话 |
[14:19] | I’m not sure I gave you the best advice I could have. | 我可能没有给出最好的建议 |
[14:23] | Perhaps what you call a vision | 也许你觉得是预见未来 |
[14:25] | is really a fear, a fear of commitment, say. | 其实是你害怕了 害怕做出承诺 |
[14:29] | That would explain why these visions | 这就能解释为什么它 |
[14:31] | come to you when your relationships turn serious. | 出现在你们的关系认真起来的时候 |
[14:34] | Mind you, I can’t tell you that I think Donny is the right person for you, | 注意 我不是说Donny是适合你的那个人 |
[14:40] | but I wouldn’t want you | 但是我不希望 |
[14:43] | to end things with him for the wrong reasons. | 你因为错误的原因而和他分手 |
[14:47] | – Do you understand? – Yeah. | – 你明白吗 – 是的 |
[14:51] | You’re just like your brother after all. | 你终究和你哥哥一个样 |
[14:53] | This afternoon you were just humouring me, weren’t you? | 今天下午你只是在嘲笑我 不是吗 |
[14:56] | – No, Daphne. – Look at the idiot from Manchester. | – 不 Daphne – 看看这个从曼彻斯特来的笨蛋 |
[14:58] | She thinks she has visions. | 她以为自己可以预见未来 |
[14:59] | No, no. I’m saying that | 不 不 我的意思是 |
[15:00] | I think there are psychological issues here | 我觉得你有 |
[15:02] | that you just don’t entirely appreciate. | 还未意识到的心理问题 |
[15:05] | Well, how could I? I’m just some nut who believes in fate. | 我怎么会 我只是一个相信命中注定的笨蛋 |
[15:08] | Well, I’ve always followed my vision | 我会一直追随内心的声音 |
[15:10] | and your pity’s not gonna change that. | 你的怜悯不会改变我的想法 |
[15:13] | That’ll be Donny. Could one of you get the door? | 应该是Donny 你们谁去开一下门 |
[15:18] | Well, you’ve seen me do it enough times. | 我示范过很多次了 |
[15:19] | You just turn the handle and pull. | 你只需要转一下门把手然后拉开 |
[15:27] | – Hello, Donny. – Hi, Frasier. | – 你好 Donny – 你好 Frasier |
[15:29] | – Hey. – Is Daphne ready? | – 你好 – Daphne准备好了吗 |
[15:31] | She’ll be out in a minute. | 她马上就出来 |
[15:33] | That’s good. Great. | 很好 好极了 |
[15:35] | – What’s that you’re drinking there? – Sherry. | – 你在喝什么 – 雪莉酒 |
[15:37] | Yeah, I’ll have one. | 给我来一杯 |
[15:40] | So how’s business? | 工作怎么样了 |
[15:42] | Well, actually, I’ve cut down on my caseload | 事实上我在减少自己的工作量 |
[15:44] | because I wanna spend more time with Daphne. | 因为我想花更多的时间跟Daphne在一起 |
[15:46] | Don’t tell her this, | 先别告诉她 |
[15:47] | but I’ve book us on an Alaskan vacation next month. | 我预订了下个月去阿拉斯加的旅行 |
[15:50] | I hear it’s one of the few | 我听说那里是为数不多的 |
[15:51] | places left where you can feel completely alone. | 能够独处的地方 |
[15:54] | You like that feeling, huh? | 你喜欢那种感觉 是吧 |
[16:02] | – Donny. – Oh, hi, honey. | – Donny – 哦 宝贝 |
[16:08] | – You look really great. – You too. | – 你看起来好极了 – 你也是 |
[16:11] | Shall we be on our way, then? | 那我们就出门吧 |
[16:12] | Well, actually, I’ve got something on my mind | 那个 其实我有点事 |
[16:15] | that I’d kind of like to talk about first. | 想先跟你说一下 |
[16:18] | – Oh, well, we’ll just get out of here. – No, no, no, it’s… | – 那我们先走一步 – 不 不 不 |
[16:20] | I’d like you to stay here for this. | 我希望你们能在这里做个见证 |
[16:22] | If it wasn’t for all of you, then I never would have met Daphne. | 如果不是你们 我和Daphne就没有机会相遇 |
[16:26] | – Donny, I think it’d be best if… – It’s okay. Sit. | – Donny 我觉得最好还是 – 没关系 坐下 |
[16:33] | Maybe I’ll just have a little bit of this sherry. | 也许我该喝点雪莉酒 |
[16:40] | You know, I thought that being a divorce attorney | 我曾经以为身为一名离婚律师 |
[16:42] | would’ve just soured me on relationships, | 会让我不再相信感情 |
[16:44] | and then I met you. | 直到我遇见了你 |
[16:47] | And now I find myself telling my clients to reconcile, | 现在我居然开始建议我的客户去调解 |
[16:51] | because I think that if | 因为我觉得和你在一起是如此快乐 |
[16:52] | they could find even just a tiny little bit | 他们只要能感受到 |
[16:54] | of the happiness that I’ve found with you, | 这份快乐的一小部分 |
[16:57] | they could make it. | 他们就可以继续走下去 |
[16:59] | I’ve been thinking about that time | 我一直在回想那次 |
[17:01] | we went to the little bed-and-breakfast in the country, | 我们去乡下住家庭式旅馆的旅行 |
[17:04] | and we sat in that porch swing all night | 我们整晚都坐在门廊的秋千上 |
[17:07] | and looked at the sky. | 仰望星空 |
[17:09] | You told me that your dad and you used to sit on your stoop | 你告诉我当你还是一个孩子的时候 |
[17:12] | and do the same thing when you were a kid. | 你和爸爸也经常坐在门廊上 |
[17:13] | He said that the only man good enough for you | 他告诉你配得上你的男人 |
[17:18] | would scoop the stars out of the sky with his hat | 会为了你用帽子舀下天上的星星 |
[17:23] | and lay them at your feet. | 然后呈在你的脚下 |
[17:26] | Well… | 那么 |
[17:30] | I’ve… | 我 |
[17:33] | I’ve only caught this one so far, | 我目前为止只捉到了一颗星星 |
[17:35] | but if you’ll accept it, | 如果你愿意接受它 |
[17:38] | I’ll spend my life chasing down the rest of them for you. | 我会用余生继续为你摘其余的星星 |
[17:43] | I know it’s very soon, | 我知道这很突然 |
[17:45] | so just think about it. | 请你考虑一下 |
[17:49] | I don’t have to think about it. | 我不用考虑 |
[17:53] | Yes. Oh, God, it’s beautiful. | 我愿意 哦天啊 它太美了 |
[17:57] | Oh, Donny. Oh, God. | Donny 天啊 |
[18:01] | Thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[18:03] | Boys, give me a break. You look more surprised than I do. | 同志们 饶了我吧 你们看起来比我还惊讶 |
[18:05] | No, no. | 没有 没有 |
[18:07] | No. | 没有 |
[18:08] | We’re just so happy for you. | 我们为你们感到开心 |
[18:10] | – Congratulations. – Yes, it’s wonderful, it’s wonderful. | – 恭喜 – 太好了 太好了 |
[18:14] | – Congratulations. – Thank you. | – 恭喜 – 谢谢 |
[18:16] | If you’ll excuse me, I need to… | 允许我失陪一下 我要去 |
[18:17] | Yes, champagne. Let me help you. | 对 拿香槟 我来帮忙 |
[18:23] | Oh, Niles. | 哦 Niles |
[18:24] | I’m so sorry. | 我很遗憾 |
[18:30] | Frasier, why don’t you take the champagne in there? | Frasier 你先把香槟拿出去吧 |
[18:35] | We’re gonna stay out here for a second. | 我们要在这里再待一会 |
[18:37] | All right. | 没问题 |
[18:42] | I’d do anything to fix this for you. | 如果能让事情不这样发展 我愿意做任何事 |
[18:44] | I know. | 我知道 |
[18:47] | It’s my own fault. | 都是我的错 |
[18:49] | I had chance after chance to tell her how I feel, | 我有一个又一个向她表白的机会 |
[18:52] | and I always kept my mouth shut. | 我却一直开不了口 |
[18:55] | Until tonight, when I probably should have. | 直到今晚 也许我应该说了 |
[18:58] | Well, you can’t regret what you said. | 你不能对自己说出的话感到后悔 |
[19:01] | It was the right thing to do. | 你做出了正确的选择 |
[19:02] | And that’s something I can always count on from you. | 在这一点上我一直信任你 |
[19:07] | Thanks, Dad. | 谢谢你 爸爸 |
[19:12] | I’m gonna get you some of that champagne. | 我来给你倒点香槟 |
[19:13] | – Oh, yeah, me too. – Oh, just a second, Dr. Crane. | – 对 我也要 – 请等一下 Crane医生 |
[19:18] | I’m sorry I got cross with you. | 很抱歉冲你发火了 |
[19:22] | Once I thought about what you said, it really made sense. | 我考虑了一下你说的话 确实很有道理 |
[19:24] | And then when Donny did ask me, | 当Donny真的向我求婚时 |
[19:27] | it was fear I felt, just like you told me. | 确实如你所说 我感到了恐惧 |
[19:30] | I figured the best way to | 我想最好的解决办法就是 |
[19:31] | overcome it was to just jump in with both feet. | 不假思索地同意 |
[19:35] | Thank you for your help. | 谢谢你的帮助 |
[19:41] | I wish you the very best, Daphne. | 我衷心的祝福你 Daphne |
[19:43] | Hey, hey, hey, don’t squeeze so hard. | 嘿嘿嘿 别抱那么紧 |
[19:45] | That’s a precious commodity right there. | 这是贵重物品 |
[19:47] | My number one client here, you know. | 我最重要的客户 知道吗 |
[19:55] | Still looking for that TV Guide? | 还在找那本电视指南吗 |
[19:57] | Yeah, it’s the damnedest thing. | 是的 这该死的东西 |
[20:00] | What are you still doing up? Where’s Donny? | 你在这儿干嘛 Donny在哪里 |
[20:03] | He’s on the phone with my folks. | 他在和我的家人打电话 |
[20:05] | He really is wonderful, Mr. Crane. | 他真的非常好 Crane先生 |
[20:08] | I’m very happy for you, Daph. | 我为你高兴 Daph |
[20:14] | Oh, my God. | 我的天啊 |
[20:16] | I just had that vision again. | 我刚才又看到了些什么 |
[20:18] | Only this time… | 不过这一次 |
[20:20] | Oh, that’s a bit scary. | 有点吓人 |
[20:22] | My mystery man is standing with some sort of dragon. | 我的神秘先生和一条龙一样的东西在一起 |
[20:26] | – A dragon? – Yes. | – 一条龙 – 是的 |
[20:28] | That makes no sense. It must be just what Dr. Crane said. | 这不合理 肯定就像Crane医生说的那样 |
[20:32] | – These visions are about my fears. – I guess. | – 我看到的是自己的恐惧 – 我觉得也是 |
[20:35] | Imagine spending the rest of my life | 想象一下我用毕生的精力 |
[20:37] | looking for some poor bloke with a dragon. | 寻找一个和龙在一起的小伙子 |
[20:45] | – That’s weird. – What? | – 太奇怪了 – 怎么了 |
[20:48] | I just had a vision myself. | 我也看到了些什么 |
[20:50] | What is it? | 看到了什么 |
[20:52] | There’s a mystery woman. | 有一个神秘的女人 |
[20:54] | She’s standing in the kitchen. | 她站在厨房里 |
[20:57] | She’s making me a Monte Cristo sandwich. | 她在给我做基督山三明治 |
[21:02] | – Oh, brother. – No, no, it’s just a grilled cheese. | – 省省吧 – 不 不 只是奶酪三明治 |
[21:06] | Make it yourself, you lazy old goat. | 自己做去 你个懒骨头的老家伙 |
[21:25] | Oh, Roz. | 哦 Roz |