时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:21] | Hello? | 你好 |
[00:22] | Dr. Crane? | Crane医生吗 |
[00:24] | Yes. Who’s this? | 是的 您是哪位 |
[00:25] | Dr. Kaufman. | Kaufman医生 |
[00:26] | Bob Kaufman of the National Psychotherapy Institute. | 国家心理治疗协会的Bob Kaufman |
[00:30] | Oh, my gosh, it’s 6:15 in the morning your time. | 天啊 您那边现在是早上六点十五 |
[00:33] | I hope I didn’t wake you. | 我没有吵醒您吧 |
[00:35] | No, no, no, I was up. | 没 没 没 我已经醒了 |
[00:38] | Where did you say you’re calling from? | 您说您是哪里的来着 |
[00:40] | The National Psychotherapy Institute. | 国家心理治疗协会 |
[00:42] | in Saddle River, New Jersey? | 在新泽西的桑德河镇 |
[00:45] | Oh, yes, of course. Uh… what can I do for you? | 是的 明白 有什么事情吗 |
[00:49] | Oh, for Pete’s sake, no one called you? | 天哪 没有人通知您吗 |
[00:52] | You’ve won our Radio Therapist of the Year Award. Congratulations. | 您被评选为”年度电台医生” 恭喜您了 |
[01:00] | Well, thank you. | 谢谢 |
[01:01] | Uh… of course, the work itself is honor enough. | 其实 能从事这一职业 我已经非常荣幸了 |
[01:05] | Thank you, and I’m sorry about the mix-up. | 谢谢 我为我们的工作疏忽表示抱歉 |
[01:07] | Problem is, we’re going to need some pictures of you | 问题是 我们需要一些您的照片 |
[01:09] | so we can get started on the statue. | 用来制作雕像 |
[01:13] | Statue? | 雕像 |
[01:15] | For our Hall of Thinkers? | 我们有一个思想家殿堂 |
[01:17] | Angie, he never got the packet. | Angie 他压根没收到消息 |
[01:21] | Uh, is there anything I can do? | 我可以做些什么呢 |
[01:23] | Well, it’s a little late now | 现在略微有些迟 |
[01:25] | but, uh, maybe if you described your body | 不过 如果您能描述一下您的体型 |
[01:27] | we could get started on the preliminary carving. | 我们就能开始初期雕刻了 |
[01:29] | The sculptor’s right here. | 雕刻家就在我旁边 |
[01:30] | Fortunately, we got the Gustav Brumholt. | 我们非常有幸请到了著名的Gustav Brumholt |
[01:34] | Oh, my. | 不得了啊 |
[01:37] | Ja, ja, Dr. Crane, please, ja? | 喂 喂 Crane医生 你好 喂 |
[01:39] | Yes, yes, this is Dr. Crane speaking. | 是的 是的 我是Crane医生 |
[01:40] | Uh, hi Brumholt, may I say it’s, uh, quite an honor. | 您好 Brumholt 我非常荣幸 |
[01:43] | Ja, ja, ja. | 好 好 好 |
[01:44] | Uh, we have your face… very handsome… | 我们看过你的脸 非常英俊 |
[01:46] | but I need you to describe your body. | 但是我还需要你描述一下你的身体 |
[01:48] | Yes, of course. Uh, six foot one… | 好 没问题 身高一米八五 |
[01:53] | medium build… broad shoulders… | 中等身材 肩膀宽厚 |
[01:56] | sublimely proportioned. | 身材比例极佳 |
[01:59] | That’s good, ja, but before I order my marble | 非常好 但是在我订大理石之前 |
[02:01] | I need you to describe your, um… | 我需要你描述一下你的 呃 |
[02:04] | how do I say this, ja, hmm… | 我该怎么说呢 |
[02:05] | your where you sit, ja? | 你用来坐的部位 |
[02:07] | Oh, my posterior. Yes, well, that is a little sensitive, isn’t it? | 哦 我的臀部 这个问题是有点敏感 |
[02:10] | Oh, you don’t want to tell me? I understand. It’s a big one? | 你不想告诉我吗 可以理解 很大是吧 |
[02:13] | No, no, no, no, I didn’t say that. | 不 不 不 不 我不是这个意思 |
[02:15] | Angie, order the big marble, please, ja. | Angie 大理石要订大号的 谢谢 |
[02:18] | No, no, no, um, could you please put Dr. Kaufman back on? | 不 不 不 你能让Kaufman医生接电话吗 |
[02:21] | No, I have a better idea. | 不 我有个更好的主意 |
[02:23] | Why don’t you send us a picture of your immense hindquarters | 你可以把你巨臀的照片寄给我们 |
[02:27] | and send it in to KACL’s new morning team… | 收件人是KACL台全新的清晨组合 |
[02:30] | Carlos and The Chicken! | “Carlos和小鸡” |
[02:40] | Dr. Kaufman? | Kaufman医生 |
[02:44] | Angie Angie? | |
[02:54] | Morning. | 早 |
[02:55] | Good morning, Dr. Crane. | 早上好 Crane医生 |
[02:56] | You won’t believe what just happened to me. | 你不会相信刚刚发生了什么 |
[02:58] | I was the victim of a radio prank. | 我成为了电台恶作剧的受害者 |
[03:00] | Oh, that’s terrible. | 哦 太不幸了 |
[03:02] | Yes. It’s a sad day when getting a man | 没错 真是悲哀 用谎言来让一位男士 |
[03:04] | to describe his own behind passes as humor. | 描述自己的臀部 还把这当成”幽默” |
[03:09] | You heard the whole thing, didn’t you? | 你都听到了 是吧 |
[03:11] | Ja. | 是哒 |
[03:15] | I’m sorry, Dr. Crane, but they can be funny. | 抱歉 Crane医生 但是他们真的很有趣 |
[03:18] | Oh, that’s all right, Daphne. | 没关系 Daphne |
[03:20] | Carlos and The Chicken are the sort of performers | “Carlos和小鸡”这类表演者 |
[03:22] | who keep popping up on the radio these days– | 近期在广播界不停出现 |
[03:24] | so-called “Humorists” who rely on cruel pranks | 自称”幽默家” 其实只会伤人的恶作剧 |
[03:28] | and scatological references. | 以及屎尿屁笑话 |
[03:29] | Well, I suppose that’s the sort of thing | 可能是近来粗鄙 |
[03:31] | that passes for entertainment these days. | 都被当成了娱乐 |
[03:32] | You know, perhaps it’s just a generational thing. | 也许只有他们这一代人喜欢这个 |
[03:35] | Man, they got you good! | 他们可是把你整得够呛啊 |
[03:38] | The Chicken was on fire! What a great bit. | 小鸡太搞笑了 真是精彩 |
[03:42] | Yeah, I think it’ll be bit of the day. | 是啊 我觉得今日最佳就是它了 |
[03:44] | For God sakes, I’m going back to bed. | 天 我要回床上躺着去 |
[03:45] | Oh, hey, hey, Fras, wait a minute. | 嘿 嘿 Fras 等一下 |
[03:47] | Uh, do you think you can get me a tape of the show? | 你能给我要一份节目的录音带吗 |
[03:48] | What on earth for? | 要那玩意干嘛 |
[03:50] | How often do you get to hear your son on the radio? | 自己的儿子上了广播 这可是新鲜事啊 |
[03:56] | I’m on the radio every day! | 我每天都在做广播 |
[04:05] | Thank you very much. | 非常感谢 |
[04:06] | Hello, Roz. | 你好 Roz |
[04:08] | I suppose you’ve heard about my unscheduled appearance | 你应该已经听过今早我在KACL的 |
[04:10] | on KACL’s new morning show today? | 新晨间节目中的意外演出了吧 |
[04:12] | No. What happened? | 没有 怎么了 |
[04:13] | Well, less said about it, the better. | 还是不提为妙 |
[04:15] | Come on, Frasier, why don’t you pull up | 别啊 Frasier 你还是 |
[04:16] | a couple of chairs and tell me about it? | 拼上两把椅子坐好 给我讲讲呗 |
[04:22] | Was everyone in Seattle listening at 6:00 in the morning? | 难道西雅图的每个人都在早起六点收听广播吗 |
[04:24] | Did they do it at 6:00? I heard the replay at 8:00. | 他们是六点的节目吗 我是八点听的重播 |
[04:27] | I heard it at 9:15. | 我是九点一刻听到的 |
[04:30] | Congratulations, you were bit of the day. | 恭喜啊 你是今日最佳啊 |
[04:32] | Oh, Lord. I thought the entire thing was rude and childish. | 快算了吧 我觉得这件事既粗鲁又幼稚 |
[04:36] | Well, you’re just mad because you fell for it. | 你生气只是因为你上当受骗了 |
[04:38] | Come on, Frasier, “Hall of Thinkers”? | 动动脑啊 Frasier “思想家殿堂” |
[04:41] | Well, it’s not such a bad idea. | 这个主意也挺好的啊 |
[04:44] | In a society where we glorify our athletes and rock musicians, | 我们的社会神化体育和摇滚明星 |
[04:47] | I think maybe we should… | 我觉得也许我们应该 |
[04:48] | Well, it was early. Sorry. | 好吧 当时太早了 抱歉 |
[04:51] | Oh, hey, look, that’s them over there with Kenny. | 快看 他们和Kenny在一起 |
[04:53] | Wow, The Chicken’s a lot cuter than on his billboards. | 哇 小鸡真人可比广告牌上帅多了 |
[04:57] | Of course, he’s not squatting in a feather suit | 当然了 他没有裹一身羽毛 |
[04:59] | trying to hatch Carlos’s head. | 蹲着试图孵化Carlos的脑袋 |
[05:02] | You know, I think I might just go over there and introduce myself. | 我想我应该过去介绍一下自己 |
[05:04] | I don’t know what you’re thinking, but don’t. | 我不知道你在想什么 不过别这么做 |
[05:06] | I’m just going to go over there and let them know | 我只是要让他们知道 |
[05:08] | that what they did today was completely unacceptable. | 他们今天的行为 我完全无法接受 |
[05:11] | Frasier, I know guys like this. | Frasier 我了解他们这种人 |
[05:12] | Once they know they can rattle you, they never stop. | 一旦他们找到了你的软肋 他们便不会收手 |
[05:14] | Just take your lumps and laugh it off. | 吃一次亏 一笑而过吧 |
[05:16] | Roz, I’m perfectly capable of laughing it off. | Roz 我可以一笑而过 |
[05:19] | I just want to let them know that I do not appreciate | 但是我要让他们知道 |
[05:20] | being made the punch line at my own station. | 我不想成为自己电台里的笑料 |
[05:23] | I’m going to go over and tell them that from now on, | 我要过去告诉他们 从今以后 |
[05:25] | I don’t want to be part of their shenanigans. | 我不想被他们的鬼把戏捉弄 |
[05:27] | Oh, God, please don’t say “Shenanigans.” | 天啊 求你了 别说”鬼把戏” |
[05:34] | Hello, Kenny. | 你好 Kenny |
[05:36] | I believe introductions are in order. | 你不给我们介绍一下吗 |
[05:38] | Oh, uh, right, uh, Dr. Frasier Crane, | 好的 这位是Frasier Crane医生 |
[05:40] | this is The Chicken and Carlos. | 这两位是”小鸡和Carlos” |
[05:42] | – Uh, uh… – What? | – 呃 呃 – 怎么了 |
[05:44] | We’re actually called Carlos and The Chicken. | 其实我们叫”Carlos和小鸡” |
[05:45] | Yes, well, nice to meet you, boys. Uh, about this morning… | 好的 很高兴认识你们 今天早上 |
[05:49] | Whoa, whoa, whoa. I don’t want to see any feathers flying, here. | 等等 我可不想看到鸡毛乱飞的场面 |
[05:54] | Just kidding. | 开玩笑 |
[05:55] | Dr. Crane, I hope we didn’t go too far. | Crane医生 希望我们没有做的太过分 |
[05:57] | We love your show. | 我们很喜欢您的节目 |
[05:58] | Really? You’re listeners? | 真的吗 你们是我的听众吗 |
[06:01] | Oh, yeah, yeah, we’re big fans. | 是的 我们是超级粉丝 |
[06:02] | You know, the last thing we want to do is step on your toes. | 我们最不想的便是得罪您 |
[06:05] | Well, you know, you do tread a fine line with your style of comedy, | 好吧 你们的喜剧风格的确是让人又爱又恨 |
[06:08] | but, uh, perhaps you can be excused | 不过这是你们节目的首秀 |
[06:10] | for stomping on it rather exuberantly on your first day. | 所以你们虽然有点欢脱 也还是可以原谅的 |
[06:13] | Just keep in mind in the future | 不过要记住 |
[06:14] | that this station does have a certain pecking order. | 在这个电台还是有等级之分的 |
[06:19] | We totally get it, Dr. Crane. | 我们完全明白 Crane医生 |
[06:21] | It felt wrong when we did it. | 我们做的时候就觉得不太好 |
[06:24] | It sure did. You sure you’re not upset or anything? | 确实不太好 您没有生气吧 |
[06:25] | Oh, no, no, no. No harm, no fowl. | 没有 没有 没”啄”成伤害 何罪之有 |
[06:29] | – Hey, it was great meeting you, Dr. Crane. – Likewise, boys. | – 很高兴见到您 Crane医生 – 彼此彼此 小伙子们 |
[06:32] | Hey, listen, call me Frasier, but… don’t call me at home. | 听着 叫我Frasier 但是 别往我家打电话 |
[06:37] | Dr. Crane, we’re listening. | Crane医生 我们在倾听 |
[06:43] | Is it over? I couldn’t look. | 结束了吗 我都不敢看 |
[06:45] | For God’s sake, Roz, have a little faith in me. | 天啊 Roz 对我有点信心好吗 |
[06:46] | After all, I do reason with people for a living. | 毕竟我是靠规劝别人为生的 |
[06:50] | It’s all settled. You know, they’re… they’re good kids, really. | 都解决了 其实 这俩孩子还不赖 真的 |
[06:55] | Quite sensible, actually. | 非常通情达理 |
[06:57] | Yeah… if you go for oversexed, | 你是喜欢性欲过剩 |
[06:59] | beer-belching, frat-boy types, which I do. | 狂灌啤酒的兄弟会成员吗 我是真喜欢 |
[07:02] | Was The Chicken wearing a wedding ring? | 小鸡手上有结婚戒指吗 |
[07:05] | You know, I really did overreact this morning, I think. | 我觉得早上我确实反应过激了 |
[07:08] | After all, it was sort of cute, I suppose. | 从某种程度上来说 还是挺好玩的 |
[07:11] | “Hall of Thinkers.” | “思想家殿堂” |
[07:14] | Never let it be said that Frasier Crane | 以后不会有人说 |
[07:16] | is the kind of man who’s incapable of laughing at himself. | Frasier Crane是一个开不起玩笑的人 |
[07:18] | These are for you. | 这是您的 |
[07:21] | Yes, I see. Some patron has sent me some… sticky buns. | 我明白 某位顾客给我送了份肉桂卷 |
[07:26] | That’s very funny. Very funny, indeed, yes. | 很有趣 确实 非常有趣 |
[07:29] | – You ordered those, sir. – Oh, so I did. Thank you. | – 先生 这是您自己点的 – 哦 这样啊 谢谢 |
[07:39] | No kidding? | 没开玩笑吧 |
[07:40] | He’s flying you to Vegas for the fight? | 他带你坐飞机去拉斯维加斯看拳击 |
[07:44] | That’s a great son you got there, Duke. | 你有一个好儿子 Duke |
[07:49] | Good morning, Dr. Crane. | 早上好 Crane医生 |
[07:50] | Hello, Daphne, Dad. | 你好 Daphne |
[07:51] | Frasier, I thought you might like to join me. | Frasier 我觉得也许你想和我一起 |
[07:53] | I’m going down to Abigail’s to have my crepe pans re seasoned. | 我要去Abigail店里保养一下我的可丽饼煎锅 |
[07:58] | Gosh, I’d love to, Niles, | 天啊 我很想去 Niles |
[07:59] | but I’ve just drawn myself a nice herbal bath. | 但是我刚放好草药浴的水 |
[08:05] | No, no, it’s just Daphne. She’s watching PBS. | 不 不 是Daphne 她在看公共电视台的节目 |
[08:10] | Okay, I’ll talk to you later, Duke. | 好 有空再聊 Duke |
[08:12] | Does the whole world have to know what goes on in this house? | 家里这点事非得弄得人尽皆知吗 |
[08:16] | – Help yourself to some coffee, Niles. – Thank you. | – 喝点咖啡吧 Niles – 谢谢 |
[08:19] | Dr. Crane, how do you know it’s time | Crane医生 你怎么知道 |
[08:21] | to have your crepe pans seasoned, anyway? | 什么时候该去保养可丽饼煎锅 |
[08:23] | It can be confusing, but this may help. | 这确实让人困惑 不过有这样几句话 |
[08:26] | “Saucepans in summer, crepe pans in fall, | “平底炖锅夏天养 可丽煎锅秋天养 |
[08:28] | when winter’s upon us, there’s food for us all.” | 冬日来临不用怕 人人都能吃的爽” |
[08:35] | Whoever it is, I am not home. I am not here. | 不管是谁 我都不在家 我不在这儿 |
[08:41] | – Hello? – Yeah, is Dr. Crane there? | – 你好 – 你好 Crane医生在吗 |
[08:43] | Uh, no, actually, he’s taking a bath. | 不在 他正在洗澡 |
[08:44] | – Who’s this? – This is his brother, Niles. | – 您是哪位 – 我是他弟弟 Niles |
[08:46] | Oh, okay, well, see, this is the building superintendent. | 是这样的 我是大楼的管理员 |
[08:49] | I’m in the bathroom just below his, | 我在他楼下这家的浴室里 |
[08:52] | and I think the pipes are getting corroded. | 我觉得管道被腐蚀了 |
[08:54] | Is your brother putting anything unusual in his bath? | 你哥哥洗澡时会加什么不寻常的东西吗 |
[08:58] | I’m not exactly sure what he puts in his bath. | 我也不知道他洗澡的时候究竟会放什么 |
[09:00] | Uh, better let me ask him. | 我去问一下好了 |
[09:05] | – I smell a bit. – Put the radio on. | – 恶作剧来了 – 打开收音机 |
[09:12] | – *I’m in the mood for love…* – Frasier. | – *我想与你坠入爱河* – Frasier |
[09:17] | – *Simply because you’re near me…* – Frasier. | – *只因为你向我靠近* – Frasier |
[09:20] | What do you put in your bath water? | 你在洗澡水里放什么了 |
[09:22] | You know very well it’s a proprietary blend, Niles. | 你明知道这是我的独家配方 Niles |
[09:25] | No, no, no, it’s your super. | 不 不 不 楼管来电话了 |
[09:26] | There’s something corroding the pipes in the unit below you. | 有东西腐蚀了你楼下的管道 |
[09:28] | He thinks it may be something in your tub. | 他觉得可能是你洗澡时所加的东西 |
[09:31] | Hello? Yes, I’m sure it’s, uh, not my fault, | 你好 我确定 这不是我的错 |
[09:34] | but if you insist… I use, uh… | 但如果你非要问的话 我用了 |
[09:37] | …jasmine, lavender, rose hips and a little Tahitian vanilla. | 茉莉 薰衣草 蔷薇果 和一点塔希提香草精 |
[09:45] | Yeah, well, that sounds okay. | 好吧 听起来没问题 |
[09:46] | Boy, with a bath like that, | 天啊 洗澡这么讲究 |
[09:47] | I bet the ladies sure go for you, though, huh? | 女士们肯定都很喜欢你 对吧 |
[09:49] | Yes, well… love does enter through the nose. | 没错 爱意有时也从鼻子进入 |
[09:55] | Hey, you know, the neighbors down here have been complaining | 对了 楼下的邻居还投诉说 |
[09:57] | about a little sound bleed-through. | 隔音效果不好 |
[09:58] | I think we got a bad tile. I sure would like to check it. | 我觉得是有片瓷砖坏了 我想检查一下 |
[10:02] | I heard you singing through the phone earlier. | 我刚才在电话里听到你在唱歌 |
[10:04] | You think you could, I don’t know, do it again? | 你能不能再唱一遍呢 |
[10:07] | Uh, all right. | 好吧 |
[10:09] | *I’m in the mood for love… Simply because you’re near me…* | *我想与你坠入爱河 只因为你向我靠近* |
[10:16] | Yeah, that’s great. I definitely heard some bleed-through. | 非常好 我绝对听到漏音了 |
[10:19] | You know, I could isolate the tile | 如果你能一边唱 一边走动走动 |
[10:21] | if you could just walk around a little bit while you sang. | 我就能确定是哪一块砖了 |
[10:23] | Or maybe,you know if you could stomp around, that’d be great. | 或者 你要是能跺跺脚就更好了 |
[10:26] | Stomp around? | 跺跺脚 |
[10:28] | Yeah, look, if it’s too much trouble, | 是的 如果太麻烦的话 |
[10:29] | I could send my assistant, Jimmy, up to stomp around. | 我可以让我的助手Jimmy上去跺一跺 |
[10:31] | Oh, well, no, no, no, no, please, that’s just fine. | 不用了 我来就好 |
[10:33] | You leave Jimmy right where he is. | 你就不用派Jimmy来了 |
[10:34] | I certainly don’t need an audience while I’m singing in the bathtub. | 我在浴缸里唱歌的时候可不需要观众 |
[10:37] | Yeah, well, I appreciate this. | 好 谢谢了 |
[10:38] | We’ll get this all cleared up in a jiffy, okay? | 我们马上就能处理好 好吗 |
[10:40] | Thanks a lot, Dr. Crane. | 非常感谢 Crane医生 |
[10:42] | Just, uh, give me a second. I’ll tell you when I’m ready. | 稍等一下 我准备好了就告诉你 |
[10:45] | All right. I’m ready. Here goes. | 好了 我准备好了 开始了 |
[10:49] | *I’m in the mood for love. Simply because you’re near me. Funny but…* | *我想与你坠入爱河 只因为你向我靠近 虽然可笑* |
[10:59] | *When you’re near me. I’m in the mood for love…* | *但当你向我靠近 我想与你坠入爱河* |
[11:06] | Oh, my God! The whole ceiling’s falling down! | 我的天啊 天花板整个儿塌了 |
[11:09] | Oh, good Lord! Oh, good Lord! | 天哪 天哪 |
[11:11] | Niles, Niles, be careful. The whole ceiling’s caving in. | Niles Niles 小心 天花板要塌了 |
[11:14] | Hey, listen, I think we found out what the problem is. | 听着 我想我们找出问题所在了 |
[11:17] | It’s that humongous ass of yours! | 是因为你巨大无比的屁股 |
[11:22] | Listeners, Carlos and The Chicken are offering $1,000 | 听众们 “Carlos和小鸡”将悬赏一千美金 |
[11:24] | for the best picture of Frasier Crane’s humongous ass for our website. | 为网站征集Frasier Crane巨臀的最佳照片 |
[11:28] | *Frasier Crane’s humongous ass contest…* | *Frasier Crane的巨臀比赛* |
[11:35] | *Frasier Crane’s humongous ass contest…* | *Frasier Crane的巨臀比赛* |
[11:40] | Oh, dear God! | 天哪 |
[11:42] | Now, now, don’t worry. It won’t get you down for long. | 好了 好了 别担心 一会就好了 |
[11:45] | You’ve always had a thick skin… | 你一直比较厚脸皮的 |
[11:47] | unless that Tahitian vanilla softened you up a bit. | 除非塔希提香草精让你的皮肤变软了 |
[11:49] | Get out! | 滚出去 |
[11:59] | Leave me alone! For God’s sake, have some respect! | 不要打扰我 天啊 给我点尊重 |
[12:07] | Was that Mrs. Kurtzman? | 那是Kurtzman太太吗 |
[12:08] | She dropped her medication in the hallway. | 她在走廊把药丢下了 |
[12:10] | As I stooped to pick it up, out came her camera | 当我弯腰去捡的时候 她的相机 |
[12:13] | like an assassin’s blade. | 像刺客的剑一样亮了出来 |
[12:16] | Well, if she wants to control those blood clots | 如果她还想控制自己的血栓 |
[12:18] | she’ll cough up that film. | 就给我把胶卷吐出来 |
[12:26] | You’re really getting riled up. | 你真的被激怒了啊 |
[12:28] | I certainly am. | 真真儿的 |
[12:29] | Well, come on. They’re just pranks, you know? | 别这样 只是恶作剧而已 |
[12:32] | Back on the force, we used to do stuff like this all the time. | 当警察的时候 我们经常这样做 |
[12:34] | We’d fill a guy’s hat with shaving cream | 我们会把剃须膏灌进别人的帽子里 |
[12:36] | or nail his shoes to the floor. | 把别人的鞋钉在地板上 |
[12:38] | Sometimes we’d get a guy dead drunk | 有时候还会把别人灌的烂醉 |
[12:40] | and then leave him in a drawer in the morgue. | 然后把他放在停尸房的冷柜里 |
[12:46] | You know, Dad, I might have been able to laugh it off | 老爸 要不是整个西雅图都在偷拍我 |
[12:48] | if all of Seattle hadn’t started stalking me with cameras. | 也许我还能对这件事一笑而过 |
[12:54] | Quickly, Niles, inside! Come on! | 快 Niles 进来 快 |
[12:58] | Why didn’t you hold the elevator? | 你为什么不按住电梯 |
[12:59] | Didn’t you hear me shouting? | 你难道没听见我在喊吗 |
[13:01] | That was you? I’m sorry, Niles. | 那是你吗 对不起 Niles |
[13:02] | I was afraid you were trying to get a picture of my butt. | 我是怕你是想拍我屁股的人 |
[13:08] | How exciting to be present at the birth of a new phobia. | 真是有幸能见证一种新型恐惧症的产生 |
[13:13] | I’m talking about Carlos and The Chicken. | 我是在说”Carlos和小鸡” |
[13:15] | Oh, yes, their little contest. | 对哦 他们的小竞赛 |
[13:17] | I can’t believe anyone’s taking that seriously. | 不敢相信居然会有人当真 |
[13:19] | Well, they won’t be for much longer. | 他们不会高兴太久了 |
[13:20] | I’ve decided it’s time to fight back. | 我已决定要做出反击 |
[13:23] | I was up till all hours last night | 我昨晚熬到深夜 |
[13:24] | crafting my response to those two idiots. | 思考如何回应那两个白痴 |
[13:27] | I believe I have arrived at a masterful rebuttal. | 我已经想出了绝佳的反扑方案 |
[13:30] | I’m not sure you want to call it your rebuttal. | 我认为用反”噗”这个词不是好主意 |
[13:35] | Oh, I see your Bartlett’s is out. | 你把巴特莱特都拿出来了 |
[13:37] | You’re not pulling any punches. | 你这是要直接出大招啊 |
[13:38] | Hardly. I go in swinging with La Rochefoucauld. | 没错 我会直接引用拉罗什富科 |
[13:41] | “If we had no faults of our own | “如果我们自己没有丝毫缺点 |
[13:43] | “We would not take so much pleasure in noticing those of others.” | 我们就不会因为在别人身上发现缺点而感到快乐” |
[13:47] | Ouch! | 凶残啊 |
[13:51] | Just as I’ve got them reeling, | 在他们正晕眩的时候 |
[13:52] | I go in with a jab of Dorothy Parker: | 我再用多萝西帕克给他们一记猛击 |
[13:54] | “Wit has truth in it; | “风趣之中有真意 |
[13:56] | wisecracking is merely calisthenics with words.” | 而说俏皮话只是玩弄文字” |
[14:00] | Pow! | 太有力了 |
[14:01] | Just as they’re bloodied and against the ropes, | 当他们流血不止 奄奄一息时 |
[14:03] | I go in for the kill with Twain, Wilde, Twain, Twain, Mencken! | 我用吐温 王尔德 吐温 吐温 门肯组合拳完成绝杀 |
[14:07] | It’s not a fight, it’s an execution! | 这不是对抗 这是屠杀 |
[14:11] | You know, Frasier, you go and read that on the air, | Frasier 要是你在广播里说这些 |
[14:14] | you’re going to set yourself up for a year of abuse. | 你接下来的一年都得挨虐 |
[14:17] | You know, this kind of thing is probably why | 或许你这咬文嚼字的习惯 |
[14:19] | those guys started picking on you in the first place. | 才是你被他们捉弄的原因 |
[14:21] | All right, fine, Dad, what exactly are you saying? | 好吧 老爸 你到底什么意思 |
[14:22] | That I somehow managed to bring this misery on myself? | 这些悲惨的遭遇都是我咎由自取吗 |
[14:25] | No, I’m not saying that. I’m just… | 不 我不是那个意思 我只是 |
[14:27] | Have you ever wondered why these bullies have | 你们就没想过为什么那些恶霸 |
[14:30] | always kind of zeroed in on you two? | 总是针对你们两个吗 |
[14:32] | No, we don’t wonder why. We know the reason. | 不 我们不用想 我们知道原因 |
[14:34] | Jealousy. | 嫉妒 |
[14:37] | Okay, there’s a little bit of that, too, | 好吧 也有点那方面原因 |
[14:39] | but, you know, you kind of give people the impression | 但重点是 你们总给人一种 |
[14:41] | that you’re above them. | 高高在上的感觉 |
[14:42] | – Pish tosh. – Poppycock. | – 呸 胡说 – 一派胡言 |
[14:46] | Morning, Daphne. | 早上好 Daphne |
[14:46] | Oh, Daphne, tell me, | Daphne 告诉我 |
[14:48] | do you think we’re snobby, superior and condescending? | 你觉得我们是高高在上有优越感的势利眼吗 |
[14:50] | That’s it. I’m getting me door soundproofed. | 果然 我的门得更隔音才行 |
[14:54] | You see what I mean? | 知道我什么意思了吧 |
[14:55] | People think you’re stuffy, | 人们觉得你们太乏味 |
[14:58] | you know, with your opera parties and your wine parties | 又是歌剧聚会又是品酒俱乐部 |
[15:01] | and your seasoned crepe pans. | 还保养可丽饼煎锅 |
[15:03] | In my defense, Niles is the only one | 我替自己说句话 只有Niles会 |
[15:05] | who has ever seasoned his crepe pans. | 保养可丽饼煎锅 |
[15:07] | Which is precisely why I’ve had the same set | 所以只有我能从九年级开始 |
[15:09] | since the ninth grade, thank you very much. | 一直用同一套锅 谢谢 |
[15:13] | Look. My point is, you guys could never resist putting on airs. | 听着 我的意思是 你们不会放过任何秀优越的机会 |
[15:17] | Even when you were in junior high, | 哪怕是你们初中的时候 |
[15:19] | you used to love that TV program, The Avengers. | 你们喜欢那部电视剧 <复仇者> |
[15:22] | Used to run all over the neighborhood | 到处跑来跑去假装自己是 |
[15:23] | pretending you were that guy with the umbrella, Steve. | 那个拿着雨伞的家伙 Steve |
[15:26] | Steed. Dad… Oh, God. | Steed 老爸 天啊 |
[15:29] | There were worse role models. | 那时有很多差劲的榜样 |
[15:31] | Steed was dapper and witty. | Steed可是衣冠楚楚风趣幽默 |
[15:33] | When anyone tried to give him grief, | 任何跟他过不去的人 |
[15:34] | he gave them a sound thrashing with his umbrella. | 都会被他用雨伞抽 |
[15:36] | Great. That’s fine. Admire him if you want, | 那很好 你们可以崇拜他 |
[15:38] | but did you have to run through the neighborhood | 但你们能不能不要在街坊邻居面前 |
[15:40] | in bowler hats? | 戴着圆顶高帽跑来跑去 |
[15:42] | I mean, you were just begging to get beat up. | 你们这是在找打 |
[15:44] | Come to think of it, | 现在回想起来 |
[15:45] | it was rather a rough summer that year, wasn’t it? | 那个夏天过的着实艰辛啊 |
[15:48] | I remember getting a chin strap | 我记得还给帽子上系了根绳 |
[15:49] | so the bowler wouldn’t fall off when I ran. | 这样跑起来帽子就不会掉了 |
[15:54] | And all that did was make you | 结果这么一来你看起来就像 |
[15:55] | look like Elizabeth Taylor in National Velvet. | <玉女神驹>里的伊丽莎白泰勒 |
[16:00] | But, look, my point is, | 跑题了 我想说的是 |
[16:02] | you go down to the station and read that over the air, | 你们在直播的时候读那份稿子 |
[16:05] | then you might as well go down there | 和戴着一顶大圆顶高帽过去 |
[16:06] | in a great big bowler hat. | 是一个效果 |
[16:08] | Those people are never going to let you forget it. | 那些人绝对会羞辱你一生 |
[16:11] | It’s funny hearing you talk about The Avengers. | 说起<复仇者> 我想起一些有趣的事 |
[16:13] | My first Halloween in America, | 我在美国的第一个万圣节 |
[16:15] | I went to a party dressed as Mrs. Peel. | 我打扮成Peel太太 |
[16:17] | Head to toe in that skintight black leather cat suit. | 穿着黑色紧身猫女皮衣 |
[16:20] | Come to think of it, | 现在想起来 |
[16:21] | I still have it somewhere and Halloween’s coming up. | 那套衣服还在 万圣节也快到了 |
[16:24] | Cat suit. Better not let this guy hear you talk about that | 猫女服 最好别让这家伙听见 |
[16:27] | or he’ll go nuts. | 要不他会疯了的 |
[16:28] | I would not… | 我才不会 |
[16:35] | …be surprised if he did. | 意外呢 这家伙一直不老实 |
[16:41] | Excuse me. | 借过 |
[16:44] | Hello. | 你好 |
[16:45] | All right, Roz, yes. Just calm down. | 好了 Roz 没事 冷静 |
[16:47] | No, no, I’m not listening. Hang on a second. | 没 我没在听 等一下 |
[16:50] | Roz Roz… | |
[16:52] | Oh, dear God. | 哦 我的天啊 |
[16:54] | I think we’re going to have to throw | 我觉得我们应该 |
[16:55] | a bucket of water on these two. | 往他俩头上浇桶冷水 |
[16:57] | Roz and Frasier stop by for a quick hello. | Roz和Frasier刚过来打了个招呼 |
[17:00] | Next thing you know, they’re getting it on right in the booth! | 谁能想到他们接下来就在直播间干上坏事了呢 |
[17:04] | – Roz – Frasier – Roz! – Frasier. | |
[17:08] | Do we have time to squeeze in one more? | 还有时间再来一次吗 |
[17:11] | Plenty of time, Frasier. Two more minutes. | 时间很多 Frasier 两分钟呢 |
[17:15] | For a man carrying around a good 50 extra pounds of ass, | 对于一个拖着重达50磅的屁股的人来说 |
[17:18] | Frasier Crane has got unbelievable stamina. | Frasier Crane的精力令人难以置信 |
[17:21] | Frasier, where do you get your energy? | Frasier 你的体力从何而来 |
[17:22] | Lavender, rose hips, and a little Tahitian vanilla. | 茉莉 薰衣草 蔷薇果 和一点塔希提香草精 |
[17:26] | Oh, my God! They’re changing positions. | 天啊 他们在变换体位 |
[17:28] | I’ve never seen that one before. | 我从来没见过这种姿势 |
[17:31] | Love does enter through the nose. | 爱意有时也从鼻子进入 |
[17:38] | I’ll call you back, Roz. | 以后再说 Roz |
[17:40] | I’m going down there. | 我要去台里 |
[17:41] | – Frasier! – Dad, don’t try to talk me out of this. | – Frasier – 老爸 别再劝我了 |
[17:43] | I’m going to teach those two a lesson they’ll not soon forget. | 我要给那两个家伙上难忘的一课 |
[17:45] | Where’s my umbrella? | 我的雨伞呢 |
[17:46] | Oh, no, not that again! | 别啊 别再拿雨伞了 |
[17:48] | Not the umbrella! I’m begging you! | 不要用雨伞 我求你了 |
[17:50] | It’s raining! | 外边下雨呢 |
[17:52] | No! No! Stop it! | 不 不 住手 |
[17:58] | Roz, what are you doing here? | Roz 你过来干吗 |
[17:59] | I’m getting revenge, that’s what. | 还用问吗 我要报仇 |
[18:01] | These guys are going down! | 这些家伙要倒霉了 |
[18:03] | Stop it. Stop it, Roz. | 停下 停下 Roz |
[18:04] | Did you hear the disgusting, vile things they said about me? | 你没听到他们说我的那些污言秽语吗 |
[18:07] | – Just the part about us having sex. – Exactly! | – 我只听到我们上床了 – 就是那些啊 |
[18:10] | Not only that. | 不仅如此 |
[18:11] | They’ve got a photo contest about me now, too. | 他们还开展了拍我的屁股的比赛 |
[18:14] | Roz, a thousand dollars for a shot of your behind? | Roz 你的屁股也被悬赏一千块吗 |
[18:16] | I’m sorry, Roz. | 我很抱歉 Roz |
[18:16] | No, it’s 50 bucks and a six pack. | 不 只有五十块和六罐啤酒 |
[18:19] | And there were seven winners before I even left the house! | 我还没出门呢 已经有七个获奖者了 |
[18:22] | – I’m sorry. – Frasier, what should we do? | – 我很抱歉 – Frasier 我们该怎么办 |
[18:24] | Could we slash their tires? | 能去划他们的轮胎吗 |
[18:25] | Could we crack their windshields? | 能敲碎他们的挡风玻璃吗 |
[18:27] | I was thinking of a more direct approach. | 我想用更直接的方式 |
[18:28] | Oh, I’m down with that, too. | 那带我一个 |
[18:30] | Next commercial, I’ll get The Chicken, | 插播广告的时候 我去拿下小鸡 |
[18:31] | you take the big guy. | 你对付那个大块头 |
[18:32] | No, no, no, that’s not it and you know it, Roz! | 不不不 你知道我不是这个意思 Roz |
[18:33] | I knew you’d say that. | 我就知道你会这么说 |
[18:34] | Fine. I’ll take the big guy! | 好吧 我对付那个大块头 |
[18:35] | No, no, Roz, stop it! Listen to yourself! | 不 不 Roz 住手 看看你自己 |
[18:38] | You’re lusting for blood like a barbarian! | 你像一个嗜血的野蛮人 |
[18:41] | I have a more civilized approach in mind. | 我想用一种更文明的方式 |
[18:43] | I have composed a speech. | 我写了一篇演讲稿 |
[18:48] | – A speech? – Yes. | – 演讲稿 – 是的 |
[18:50] | Unless you plan to roll it up | 除非你打算把它卷起来 |
[18:51] | and cram it down their throats, | 塞进他们的喉咙里 |
[18:52] | what good is that going to do? | 我没看出来有什么用 |
[18:54] | – You just watch and see. – No, Frasier. | – 你就在旁边看着吧 – 不 Frasier |
[18:55] | They’re never going to stop making fun of you. | 他们会捉弄你一辈子的 |
[18:57] | Roz, I don’t care. | Roz 我不在乎 |
[18:59] | I’ve just figured out something. | 我刚刚想清楚了一些事 |
[19:00] | You know. Maybe you can’t stop bullies from attacking you, | 也许你不能阻止恶霸欺负你 |
[19:02] | but the only way they win | 但如果你让他们改变了你 |
[19:04] | is if they change who you are, | 那他们就赢了 |
[19:05] | and I’ll tell you something. Let them do their worst. | 我告诉你 让他们放马来吧 |
[19:07] | They will not knock the bowler off of this head! | 他们永远无法将圆顶礼帽从我的头上打下来 |
[19:11] | What does that mean?! | 你这话啥意思啊 |
[19:14] | Holy cow! Look who just walked into the booth, | 天了噜 看看谁走进了播音室 |
[19:17] | Frasier Crane, the automatic sex pilot. | Frasier Crane 性爱战斗机 |
[19:19] | What’s up, love doctor? | 怎么了 爱爱医生 |
[19:21] | Oh, I think you two know what’s up. | 我觉得你们俩知道怎么了 |
[19:23] | There’s only so much I can take. | 我的忍耐到此为止 |
[19:24] | Only so much anyone can take from a juvenile comic | 不过是一个幼稚的喜剧演员和他的配角 |
[19:27] | and his straight man! | 忍耐到此为止了 |
[19:28] | I believe it was La Rochefoucauld… | 拉罗什富科曾经说过 |
[19:30] | Hey, let me tell you something, I’ll take my straight man | 我告诉你 我的配角可要 |
[19:32] | over your sex-starved producer any day, my friend. | 比你性饥渴的制片人强多了 我的朋友 |
[19:35] | – Okay, buddy! – Roz, let me handle this! | – 够了 你这家伙 – Roz 让我来处理 |
[19:38] | Hey, hey, wait a second. I’m not your straight man. | 嘿 等一下 我才不是你的配角 |
[19:40] | If anything, I’m the funny one. | 我才是搞笑的那个 |
[19:42] | Let’s not start this again, okay? | 我们不要再提这个了 好吗 |
[19:43] | You’re the one who just started it on the air. | 是你刚刚在直播的时候先提起的 |
[19:45] | It was La Rochefoucauld who first said… | 拉罗什富科曾经说过 |
[19:47] | You know, you always do this. | 你总是这样 |
[19:49] | Hey, Carlos, the therapist said not to use the word “Always.” | Carlos 心理医生说过 不要用”总是”这个词 |
[19:52] | I just wish that you could say that I’m as funny as you are. | 我只是希望你能说 我和你一样搞笑 |
[19:54] | I wish I could say that, too, | 我也希望自己能那么说 |
[19:55] | but who does all the funny voices? | 但是所有的搞笑声音都是谁模仿的 |
[19:57] | La Rochefoucauld once said… | 拉罗什富科曾经说过 |
[19:58] | If I’m so unfunny, | 如果我不够搞笑 |
[20:00] | how come I get offered solo gigs? | 为什么会有人找我做单人表演 |
[20:01] | Oh, well, now I’m laughing! Ha-ha! | 好吧 现在我觉得搞笑了 哈哈 |
[20:04] | Don’t believe me? Ask our agent. | 不信是吧 去问问我们的经纪人吧 |
[20:06] | You talked to Zachary behind my back? | 你背着我去找Zachary了 |
[20:07] | Gentlemen, if I could get a word in here… | 先生们 容我插句话 |
[20:08] | I tell you what, man. | 我告诉你 伙计 |
[20:09] | You think you can go out on your own, | 你要是觉得你能出去独当一面 |
[20:11] | go ahead, be my guest. | 尽管去 没人拦你 |
[20:12] | Great! ‘Cause I don’t need you, | 太好了 我才不需要你呢 |
[20:14] | and I don’t need “Carlos and The Chicken”! | 我也不需要”Carlos和小鸡” |
[20:16] | Oh, really? | 真的吗 |
[20:17] | Well, best of luck, funny boy. | 祝你好运 搞笑男孩 |
[20:18] | Same to you, Dwayne! | 你也一样 Dwayne |
[20:20] | Hey, man, that is not cool. | 嘿 伙计 太不厚道了 |
[20:23] | Chicken, I believe it was La Rochefoucauld, the great French thinker… | 小鸡 拉罗什富科 伟大的法国思想家 曾经说过 |
[20:26] | Would you give it a rest, double-wide. | 你能消停一会儿吗 大肥屁股 |
[20:28] | I went to grad school, too. | 我也读过研究生 |
[20:29] | And P.S., It’s pronounced La Rochefoucauld. | 顺便说一句 发音应该是拉霍什富库 |
[20:33] | That’s it! | 够了 |
[20:33] | Nobody corrects my French pronunciation! You son of a bitch. | 没有人可以纠正我的法语发音 你个婊子养的 |
[20:38] | Chicken! | 小鸡 |
[20:39] | Oh, my God, did you have to be so vicious? – Me? | – 天啊 你一定要这么刻薄吗 – 我刻薄 |
[20:42] | Oh, we got dead air. Just take over. | 又开始直播了 你上吧 |
[20:45] | Hello, Seattle. | 你好 西雅图 |
[20:47] | This is Dr. Frasier Crane. | 我是Frasier Crane医生 |
[20:48] | I’ll be filling in for the last hour of The Morning Zoo | <清晨动物园>的剩余一小时 我将代班 |
[20:53] | with my own particular brand of zany antics. | 为您带来我独特的滑稽风格 |
[20:58] | Well, let’s see. Um… | 说点什么好呢 |
[21:01] | ah, you know, there was a fabulous cartoon | 对了 最近几期的纽约客杂志上 |
[21:05] | in the recent New Yorker. | 有一个非常好看的漫画 |
[21:07] | Let me see if I can describe it for you. | 我给大家讲讲它吧 |