时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:08] | Hey, Frasier. | 嘿 Frasier |
[00:10] | Hello, Poppy. | 你好啊 Poppy |
[00:11] | You should have your hearing checked. | 你真该去查查耳朵了 |
[00:12] | I’ve been yelling, “Wait up,” | 我跟着你跑了四个街区 |
[00:13] | for the last four blocks. | 一直在喊”等等我” |
[00:14] | Well, I must be getting old. | 是嘛 我真是老了 |
[00:16] | Like an old man could walk that fast. | 老了哪能跑那么快 |
[00:18] | You were practically running the last block. | 最后一个街区你简直是飞奔过去的 |
[00:19] | Did I ever tell you about my uncle who ran everywhere? | 我有没有讲过我舅舅去哪儿都用跑的 |
[00:21] | He ran to the store… | 他跑着去商店 |
[00:22] | Well, that’s a very a amusing story. | 多有趣的故事啊 |
[00:24] | I’ll see you at the station. | 我们台里见 |
[00:25] | Roz Roz! | |
[00:27] | Good God. Thank God you were here. | 天呐 谢天谢地你在这 |
[00:29] | I know exactly how you feel. | 我完全懂你 |
[00:30] | Last week, I ducked into a bathroom stall to get away from her, | 上周我为了躲她 藏进了厕所隔间 |
[00:33] | and there were three other women already in there. | 发现里面已经躲着三个人了 |
[00:37] | Gosh. | 天呐 |
[00:37] | Listen, I have a favor to ask. | 对了 我有个事求你 |
[00:39] | This friend of mine is running | 我有个朋友要在周五晚上 |
[00:39] | this charity dinner/dance Friday night, I was hoping… | 办一场慈善舞会晚宴 我在想 |
[00:41] | Oh, Roz, say no more. | Roz 不用说了 |
[00:42] | What do they need, an autographed picture | 来张签名照 |
[00:43] | for their silent auction? | 作无声拍卖行吗 |
[00:44] | That would be a silent auction. | 那拍卖肯定没声了 |
[00:46] | Oh, very funny. | 呵呵 好好笑哦 |
[00:48] | No, what I was hoping you would do is buy some tickets. | 不是的 我想让你帮忙买几张票 |
[00:50] | They’re only 100 bucks each. | 一张只要一百块 |
[00:51] | I don’t know, Roz. | 我不确定啊 Roz |
[00:52] | You know, I’d have to take a date. | 要去的话 我还得找个伴儿 |
[00:53] | Seattle does have certain expectations | 西雅图目前可没有 |
[00:55] | about the sort of person I should be seen with. | 我想要发展的人 |
[00:56] | Well, that’s easy. Here he is. | 这点不用担心 你的伴儿来了 |
[00:58] | – Let’s see if he’s free. – I’ll let you know. | – 问问他有没有空吧 – 一会告诉你 |
[01:01] | Hey, Roz. Frasier. | 嘿 Roz Frasier |
[01:02] | – Niles. – Mind if I join you? | – Niles – 一起坐吧 |
[01:04] | Well, actually, I’m not staying. | 呃 其实我就要走了 |
[01:05] | I’m avoiding someone. | 我正在躲某人呢 |
[01:07] | Oh? Who? | 谁啊 |
[01:08] | Yes, the new so-called arts critic at the station– Poppy. | 台里新来的所谓”艺术评论家” Poppy |
[01:12] | The woman drives me mad. | 我实在是受不了她 |
[01:13] | She’s gassing on endlessly about the most mundane matters. | 总是没完没了地说一堆鸡毛蒜皮的小事 |
[01:17] | It’s absolutely infuriating, as is that smirk of yours. | 和你的假笑一样让人恼火 |
[01:20] | Well, I’m sorry. | 好吧 抱歉 |
[01:21] | I’ve noticed that not a day goes by | 我只是发现你现在没有一天 |
[01:23] | that you don’t bad-mouth this woman. | 不说这个姑娘的坏话的 |
[01:25] | Well, with good reason. The woman is a wind sock. | 有原因的好吗 她简直就是个长舌妇 |
[01:29] | I’m wondering if someone isn’t protesting a bit too much. | 我在想 某人的”抗议”有点过多了啊 |
[01:32] | She’s very attractive, obviously well-bred. | 她挺漂亮的 显然也很有教养 |
[01:35] | Perhaps all this pigtails-in-the-inkwell hostility | 也许你这种吹毛求疵的敌意 |
[01:37] | is actually a latent attraction. | 正是你潜意识中的爱意 |
[01:39] | Oh, well, bravo, Dr. Crane. | 说的真棒 Crane医生 |
[01:41] | Yes, I think you’re really onto something there. | 我看你真是有了重大发现呢 |
[01:42] | Hey, where’d Roz go? | 嘿 Roz去哪儿了 |
[01:44] | Oh, she dashed off to the office. | 她回办公室了 |
[01:45] | We’re going to continue our meeting there. | 我们一会儿要接着开会 |
[01:47] | You know, Poppy, I was just telling my brother | Poppy 我刚刚告诉我弟弟 |
[01:49] | what an enchanting storyteller you are. | 你最擅长讲故事了 |
[01:51] | Why don’t you take my seat, and he can find out for himself. | 你坐我这儿 让他领略一下好了 |
[01:56] | Ta-ta. | 拜拜 |
[01:58] | Well, it’s, uh, nice to finally meet you, Poppy. | 久闻大名 见到你很高兴 Poppy |
[02:01] | Must be quite a story behind that name. | 这名字一定很有故事 |
[02:05] | Yes. | 是啊 |
[02:09] | So… | 那 |
[02:11] | you’re the new arts critic at the station. | 你就是台里的新艺术评论家啊 |
[02:13] | That… that must be interesting. | 那 那挺有意思的吧 |
[02:15] | Oh, yes. | 是啊 |
[02:18] | Okay, well, um… | 呃 好吧 |
[02:20] | if you don’t feel like talking, I should really be running anyway. | 看来你不太想聊 我也差不多该走了 |
[02:22] | No, don’t go. | 不 别走 |
[02:24] | I am just amazed at how different you are from your brother. | 我只是很惊讶 你和你哥哥太不一样了 |
[02:28] | He’s sort of intimidating. | 他有点令人生畏 |
[02:29] | I get so flustered around him, | 我在他旁边就慌了 |
[02:31] | I might just start babbling. | 然后就会吧啦吧啦说个不停 |
[02:33] | But you… you’re different. | 但是你 你不一样 |
[02:36] | You’re very warm. | 你让人感觉温暖 |
[02:38] | Thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[02:40] | So are you. | 你也一样 |
[02:42] | And polite. | 还很有礼貌 |
[02:43] | Not to mention stylish and charming | 有型而且迷人 |
[02:46] | and incredibly handsome. | 长相也非常帅气 |
[02:51] | Oh, my God, am I babbling again? | 天呐 我又开始说个不停了吗 |
[02:53] | If you were, I’d be too charming | 即便你说个不停 我这么迷人又礼貌 |
[02:55] | and polite to tell you. | 也不会忍心告诉你的 |
[03:02] | Well, what the hell are you doing? | 你到底干吗呢 |
[03:09] | I’ve been waiting for 20 minutes. | 我都等了二十分钟了 |
[03:14] | I am so sorry. | 真抱歉 |
[03:17] | You’re probably wondering who I am. | 你大概在想 这货是谁 |
[03:20] | I’m mildly curious. | 我有点好奇 |
[03:23] | I was in the shower– my shower… | 我本来在洗澡 在我自己家洗 |
[03:25] | Uh, I just moved in next door. | 我刚搬到隔壁 |
[03:28] | I probably should have started with that, huh? | 我应该先说这个的 对吧 |
[03:30] | Anyway… oh, I’m Regan Shaw, by the way. | 总之 我是Regan Shaw |
[03:32] | – Nice to see you. – Anyway, uh… | – 见到你很高兴 – 好吧 呃 |
[03:33] | the doorbell rang, and I figured it was the phone guy, | 我的门铃响了 我以为是装电话的来了 |
[03:36] | ’cause I’ve been waiting all day long. | 我等他一天了 |
[03:37] | So I ran to catch him, stepped out into the hallway | 为了叫住他 我跑到了走廊 |
[03:40] | and locked myself out. | 然后把自己锁外面了 |
[03:42] | Luckily, luckily, your father came along. | 幸运的是 你爸爸出现了 |
[03:48] | Hey, Fras. | 嘿 Fras |
[03:49] | Yes, that was lucky. | 是啊 真是幸运呢 |
[03:51] | All right, well, this should keep you nice and warm, | 好了 穿上这个暖和暖和吧 |
[03:53] | and I’ll just run in the kitchen and get you your herbal tea. | 我这就去厨房 给你泡杯花草茶 |
[03:58] | If you’ll excuse me, I’ll just show my father where it’s kept. | 失陪一下 我去告诉我爸 茶放哪了 |
[04:04] | Pretty sweet, huh? | 挺漂亮吧 哈 |
[04:06] | I just found her right out in the hall. | 我一出门就看到她了 |
[04:07] | Yes, well, I’m sorry, Dad, but you can’t keep her. | 是挺漂亮 那又如何呢 你又留不住她 |
[04:12] | No. I brought her here for you. | 不 我为了你才带她来的 |
[04:14] | – I’ve been talking you up the whole time. – Really? | – 我说了好多你的好话呢 – 是吗 |
[04:16] | Yeah. Listen. I’m serving this one to you on a platter. | 是啊 我已经把她喂到你嘴边了 |
[04:20] | In fact, if it wasn’t for the jasmine on your robe, | 要不是你的浴袍上绣着茉莉花 |
[04:22] | I’d say that this one was a slam dunk. | 这一球已经妥妥进筐了 |
[04:24] | – I just wonder… – It’s a basketball term. | – 我不知道 – 这是篮球术语啦 |
[04:26] | Yes, I know that, Dad. | 这我知道 老爸 |
[04:29] | I just wonder how to chat up a half-naked woman | 我就是不知道怎样和一个半裸的女人聊天 |
[04:30] | without looking uncouth. | 才能不显得猥琐 |
[04:32] | Well, just be friendly. | 友善点就行了啊 |
[04:33] | She’s a veterinarian, she’s single, uh… | 她是位兽医 单身 |
[04:37] | She’s very athletic, as you can tell from that body. | 喜欢运动 看她身材就知道了 |
[04:39] | Lord in heaven! | 火辣极了 |
[04:40] | Oh, Dad, please… | 老爸 拜托 |
[04:42] | Just because you’re serving the cake | 怎么了 做媒人的不能吃 |
[04:44] | doesn’t mean you can’t have a few crumbs that drop off. | 还不能看了嘛 |
[04:48] | Hi. | 嗨 |
[04:49] | Well, here we go. | 好了 茶来了 |
[04:52] | There you are. | 给你 |
[04:53] | Now, uh, I got a call to make, | 我得去打个电话 |
[04:55] | so Frasier will keep you entertained. | 让Frasier陪你会儿吧 |
[04:57] | Thanks for the tea. | 谢谢你的茶 |
[04:58] | You’re welcome. | 不客气 |
[05:00] | So, uh… you’re next door. | 那 呃 你住在隔壁啊 |
[05:04] | Oh, that’s right. | 哦 对了 |
[05:05] | Judge Gilroy moved in with his daughter. | 听说Gilroy法官刚和他女儿一起搬过来 |
[05:08] | I bet he never wandered into your apartment wearing a towel. | 他肯定没有裹着条毛巾跑进你家吧 |
[05:10] | No, no. I did hear he wandered | 没有 没有 不过我倒是听说 |
[05:12] | into work one day wearing a towel, though. | 有一天他裹着条毛巾便去上班了 |
[05:14] | I guess that’s why he had to move in with his daughter. | 估计这就是他和女儿一起住的原因吧 |
[05:17] | That was dumb. I walked off with your car keys. | 真是无语了 我怎么把你车钥匙揣走了呢 |
[05:20] | I should have known from the big “BMW” On it. | 上面有”宝马”两个大字呢 |
[05:30] | Thank you, Dad. | 谢谢 老爸 |
[05:32] | So… | 呃 |
[05:33] | “Regan.” That’s an unusual name. | “Regan” 真是个不常见的名字啊 |
[05:36] | Is it, by any chance, from… | 难道是取自 |
[05:37] | From King Lear,yeah. | 取自<李尔王> 没错 |
[05:38] | One of the ungrateful daughters. | 是其中一个不孝女 |
[05:40] | I don’t know what my dad was thinking. | 真不知道我老爸怎么想的 |
[05:42] | Never do. | 从来都理解不了他 |
[05:44] | I’m sorry. | 抱歉 |
[05:45] | I have some issues with my father. | 我和我爸之间有点问题 |
[05:47] | Excuse me again. | 再打扰一下 |
[05:51] | I have no idea what that would be like. | 真不知道和老爸有问题是什么感觉呢 |
[05:57] | Well, I’d better be on my way, huh, | 我还是回房间好了 |
[06:00] | just let you two talk. | 让你俩聊 |
[06:02] | Oh, he’s a wonderful listener, you know? | 他可会倾听别人了 |
[06:04] | In fact, that’s the motto | 他主持的热门广播节目的 |
[06:06] | on his very popular radio show: “I listen.” | 招牌名言便是”我在倾听” |
[06:10] | Yes, Dad, don’t forget my sign-off: “Good-bye.” | 是啊 老爸 别忘了我的结束语 “再见” |
[06:18] | I actually listen to your show. | 其实我听过你的节目 |
[06:20] | Really? Well, I’m flattered. Thank you. | 是吗 真荣幸啊 谢谢 |
[06:23] | I think if I hadn’t gone into veterinary medicine, | 要是我没学兽医的话 |
[06:25] | it would have been psychology. | 一定会学心理学的 |
[06:26] | I guess I was always just drawn to animals. | 我就是喜欢小动物 |
[06:32] | Yes, it is hard not to love them. | 是啊 想不爱它们都难呢 |
[06:49] | I just feel so responsible. | 我觉得这都怪我 |
[06:52] | Maybe there was something more I could have said, | 当时我应该再多说点什么 |
[06:54] | something more I could have done. | 多做点什么 |
[06:57] | I keep playing it over and over in my head. | 总是在脑子里反复回想 |
[07:01] | I’ll ask her out today, Dad. | 我今天就约她 老爸 |
[07:05] | So, Dr. Crane, do you believe women have | Crane医生 你觉得女人是不是 |
[07:08] | an intuition about men? | 对男人有一种直觉 |
[07:10] | Uh, intuition? | 什么直觉 |
[07:11] | Well, like they might know when a man has a little crush, | 她们从男人的小动作及眼神中 |
[07:15] | you know, by the way he fidgets or gets a look in his eye or… | 就能感觉出他们陷入了情网 |
[07:27] | I only ask because I’m getting that feeling from your brother. | 我这么问 是因为我感到你哥哥有情况 |
[07:30] | – Really? Hmm. – He’s all Moony-eyed today. | – 是吗 – 他今天总发呆 |
[07:33] | There’s someone he’s quite keen on. | 一定是喜欢上了谁 |
[07:35] | Yes. Actually, I know who it is. | 是啊 其实我知道是谁 |
[07:37] | I called him on it yesterday in the coffee shop. | 我昨天在咖啡馆就指出了这一点 |
[07:38] | He won’t admit to it. | 可他不承认 |
[07:40] | The problem is… | 问题是 |
[07:41] | Yeah? | 怎么呢 |
[07:43] | I’ve developed a crush myself, | 我也喜欢上了一个人 |
[07:46] | and it happens to be… | 而这个人恰好是 |
[07:48] | Frasier Frasier? | |
[07:56] | What ya doing? | 你这是干吗呢 |
[07:58] | Nothing. Come in. Come in. | 没什么 请进 请进 |
[08:02] | So, Niles, how are you? | Niles 你好吗 |
[08:04] | Uh, well, the question is, how are you? | 我很好啊 你还好吗 |
[08:10] | I hear you’ve been mooning around like a lovesick schoolboy. | 我听说你最近像个相思的少年一样 |
[08:13] | Who told you that? | 谁说的 |
[08:14] | Oh, let’s just say the birds around here are chirping. | 窗外的麻雀 在电线杆上多嘴 |
[08:16] | Anyway… are you prepared to admit | 总之 你是不是该承认 |
[08:19] | that my little theory yesterday was correct? | 我昨天的小推理是正确的啦 |
[08:23] | Are you talking about Poppy? | 你是在说Poppy吗 |
[08:24] | Yes, the woman you so adamantly denied having any attraction to. | 没错 就是你坚决否认对她有好感的这位 |
[08:28] | I still do. She’s loathsome. | 我还是否认啊 她最讨厌了 |
[08:32] | Does it gall you so much to admit I’m right? | 承认我是对的 就这么难吗 |
[08:34] | But you’re not right. | 可是你说的不对啊 |
[08:35] | Oh. Well, then, who is this person you’re so interested in? | 好吧 那让你如此着迷的又是哪一位呢 |
[08:38] | – You don’t know her. – Uh-huh. | – 你不认识 – 这样啊 |
[08:40] | – Tell me about her. – It’s premature. | – 那给我讲讲呗 – 八字还没一撇呢 |
[08:42] | Oh, brother. | 亲哥啊 |
[08:43] | All right, fine. If you must know, the woman happens to be… | 好吧 非要说的话 她恰巧就是 |
[08:46] | Hello? | 有人吗 |
[08:47] | Her– my next-door neighbor. | 就是她 我邻居 |
[08:49] | Oh, what good timing she has. | 她来得可真是时候 |
[08:54] | Hi. Come on in. | 嗨 快请进 |
[08:55] | I just wanted to return this teacup. | 我就是来还茶杯的 |
[08:57] | Oh, well, you’re welcome anytime. | 好的 随时欢迎你来 |
[08:59] | Uh… Regan Shaw, this is my brother, Dr. Niles Crane. | Regan Shaw 这位是我弟弟 Niles Crane医生 |
[09:04] | – Hello. – Hello. | – 你好 – 你好 |
[09:07] | Do you two know each other? | 你们认识啊 |
[09:08] | – Yes. – No. | – 认识 – 不认识 |
[09:13] | I’ll just go get us all some coffee, | 我去泡点咖啡 |
[09:14] | and you two can decide if you know each other or not. | 你们俩商量一下到底认不认识 |
[09:20] | I’m so sorry, Dr. Crane. | 真抱歉 Crane医生 |
[09:22] | I was just a little startled seeing you outside your office. | 在诊所外看到你 让我有点慌 |
[09:25] | Uh, please, don’t even think about it. | 没事 别这么想 |
[09:27] | Have a seat. | 请坐 |
[09:28] | Well, so I gather this is your new building. | 原来你搬到这儿来了 |
[09:31] | Yes. Right next door to your brother, who I just met. | 是啊 就在你哥哥隔壁 我刚认识他 |
[09:35] | Is that so strange? | 是不是有点奇怪 |
[09:36] | Yes. Well, remember, I have a policy of total confidentiality. | 是啊 不过我应当完全保密 |
[09:40] | He never needs to know that you’ve started seeing me. | 他不必知道你来见过我的 |
[09:46] | Oh. Here it is. | 哦 在这儿呢 |
[09:51] | What did you find out? | 听到什么了 |
[09:52] | Well, it sounded like they’ve had a date or two. | 好像他们约会过一两次 |
[09:54] | He mentioned having seen her. | 他说见过她 |
[09:56] | Damn him. | 臭小子 |
[09:59] | Come to think of it, | 这样说起来 |
[10:00] | he said something in the elevator | 他之前在电梯里说 |
[10:01] | about having a crush on someone. | 喜欢上了一个人 |
[10:03] | I’ll just have to confront him, see if he’s man enough | 我要去找他对峙 看看他有没有胆量 |
[10:04] | to admit that he’s horned in on my territory. | 承认自己敢来我的地盘撒野 |
[10:06] | Well, excuse me, Dr. Crane, | 抱歉 Crane医生 |
[10:08] | but didn’t your brother meet her first? | 但是 不是你弟先认识她的吗 |
[10:10] | Oh, honestly, Daphne, just try to keep up. | 老天 Daphne 能不能跟上节奏 |
[10:12] | It’s not that complicated. | 哪有那么复杂啊 |
[10:14] | Well, here we are. | 好了 咖啡来了 |
[10:16] | Actually, I can’t stay. | 其实 我得走了 |
[10:18] | I’ve got the cable man coming. | 连电视机天线的工人要来 |
[10:20] | Could I take a rain check? | 我们改天再约好吗 |
[10:21] | Well, certainly. | 好啊 没问题 |
[10:22] | Uh… would you like to go out for coffee sometime? | 改天一起出去喝杯咖啡好吗 |
[10:27] | Yeah, I’d like that. | 好啊 |
[10:28] | Great. | 太好了 |
[10:29] | – Bye. – Bye. | – 再见 – 再见 |
[10:30] | Bye. | 再见 |
[10:37] | So, I take it you two do know each other. | 我就当你俩之前认识了 |
[10:39] | Uh, we met briefly at some event. | 我们在某个场合有过短暂会面 |
[10:42] | I see. | 是吗 |
[10:44] | Changing the subject completely, | 好吧 下一话题 |
[10:46] | Daphne just mentioned that you happen to | Daphne刚刚说起 |
[10:47] | have a little crush on someone yourself. | 你最近喜欢上了一个人 |
[10:50] | Yes, I have. | 没错 |
[10:52] | Care to elaborate? | 想说说吗 |
[10:53] | Actually, I will. | 好啊 可以 |
[10:54] | Unlike you, I don’t mind being candid. | 不像你 我不怕坦白 |
[10:56] | The woman… is Poppy. | 我喜欢的是 Poppy |
[11:00] | Poppy Poppy? | |
[11:04] | Uh, we had coffee yesterday after you left. | 昨天你走了之后 我俩一起喝了杯咖啡 |
[11:06] | Uh… you’re not upset? | 你没不高兴吗 |
[11:09] | No, not at all. | 不 怎么会呢 |
[11:11] | Thank you for your candor, Niles. | 感谢你的诚实 Niles |
[11:13] | I’m sure that you and Poppy will be very happy together. | 我敢说你和Poppy一定会幸福的 |
[11:18] | Are you laughing at me? | 你是在取笑我吗 |
[11:19] | You think so little of my chances? | 你觉得我没戏吗 |
[11:21] | No, no, Niles. | 不 不 Niles |
[11:22] | I wish you and Poppy the very best. | 我祝你和Poppy一切顺利 |
[11:26] | I don’t need this smug attitude of yours. | 我没必要听你的讽刺 |
[11:28] | I fully intended to discuss this amiably. | 我本打算平和地和你聊的 |
[11:30] | You refused, so I’ll just say good-bye. | 既然你不这么想 我也没什么好说的 |
[11:32] | Very well, thanks for dropping by. Off you go. | 好啊 感谢来访 恕不远送 |
[11:37] | What kind of a fool does he take me for? | 他以为我是傻子吗 |
[11:38] | He is obviously pursuing Regan. | 很明显他在追Regan |
[11:39] | The man has the nerve to.. to say he’s chasing Poppy! | 他竟然说自己在追Poppy |
[11:42] | – Poppy? – Yes, as if anyone | – Poppy – 是啊 就好像 |
[11:43] | could pursue that insufferable air horn! | 真有人会喜欢那个没完没了的大喇叭一样 |
[11:48] | If it’s deceit and chicanery he’s after, | 他要是想跟我来欺骗和狡辩的话 |
[11:50] | I’ll give him more than he can handle. | 我就要给他点颜色看看 |
[11:51] | Dr. Crane, before it gets to that level, | Crane医生 在到那个程度之前 |
[11:54] | wouldn’t it make sense for you two to just have | 你俩就不能开诚布公地 |
[11:56] | one open and honest conversation? | 先聊一聊吗 |
[11:58] | Oh, honestly, Daphne, how you manage | 老天 Daphne |
[11:59] | to oversimplify absolutely everything! | 你怎么总是把事情想得这么简单 |
[12:06] | These shoes are killing me. | 这双鞋难受死了 |
[12:08] | I can’t wait to sit down. | 我得赶紧坐下 |
[12:10] | Well, you’re not going to sit there. | 你不能坐这儿 |
[12:11] | – Why not? – I’m expecting someone for coffee. | – 为什么 – 我正等人一起喝咖啡呢 |
[12:13] | Well, Niles is small. We can share. | Niles那么瘦 我们俩可以坐一起 |
[12:15] | It is not Niles. | 不是Niles |
[12:16] | Would you stop saying that? | 你能别总这么说吗 |
[12:17] | It happens to be a woman. | 我等的可是位女性 |
[12:18] | Well, I’ll move when she gets here. | 等她来了我会腾地儿的 |
[12:21] | By the way, I still have four tickets left | 对了 我还有四张 |
[12:23] | for that charity ball Friday night. | 周五慈善舞会的票呢 |
[12:24] | Oh, I’m sorry, Roz, thanks anyway. | 抱歉 Roz 谢谢了 |
[12:26] | Oh, come on. It’s for a good cause. | 为慈善事业买一张吧 |
[12:28] | They provide disaster relief. | 他们给灾区发救济款呢 |
[12:29] | Howdy, partners! | 嗨 搭档们 |
[12:31] | How soon can they get here? | 这就是灾区了 救济款呢 |
[12:34] | Frasier, I was leaving the booth, and I saw this umbrella. | Fraiser 我刚要离开直播间时 看到了这把伞 |
[12:36] | I think it belongs to you. | 我猜是你的吧 |
[12:39] | Yes. | 是啊 |
[12:40] | It’s my emergency umbrella. | 是我的备用伞 |
[12:42] | I always leave it in the booth. | 我总是放在电台的 |
[12:44] | Don’t feel bad. I’m forgetful, too. | 别难过 我也偶尔忘事儿呢 |
[12:50] | You know, I think I’ll just go… | 我去看看 |
[12:52] | see what’s keeping my latte. | 我要的拿铁怎么还没来呢 |
[12:53] | Would you watch my table, please, Roz? | 你帮我看一下位置好么 Roz |
[13:04] | Hello, Roz. | 嗨 Roz |
[13:06] | I noticed that Poppy was here. | 我刚看Poppy在这 |
[13:07] | Did she mention where she was headed? | 她说要去哪了吗 |
[13:08] | No. But listen, Niles, | 没说 但是 Niles |
[13:09] | could I interest you in a couple of tickets | 我有几张这周五慈善舞会的票 |
[13:11] | for a charity ball this Friday? | 你愿意去吗 |
[13:12] | It’s a great event. | 非常棒的舞会 |
[13:14] | – Is Frasier going? – No, | – Fraiser去吗 – 不去 |
[13:15] | but do you have to go to everything together? | 你俩偏得什么事都一起做吗 |
[13:17] | I’ll take two. | 那我要两张 |
[13:18] | Uh, I’m in a hurry; I’ll send you a check. | 我有点急 过后给你支票 |
[13:22] | Where is Niles in such a rush off to? | Niles这么着急要去哪 |
[13:23] | I have no idea. | 我也不知道 |
[13:25] | Last chance– only two tickets left. | 最后机会了哦 只剩两张票了哦 |
[13:27] | What? I thought there were four. | 什么 刚刚不还有四张吗 |
[13:28] | Niles just bought a pair. | Niles买了两张 |
[13:30] | Damn him! | 臭小子 |
[13:32] | He’s probably off to intercept Regan right now. | 他没准跑去堵Regan了 |
[13:34] | Who? | 谁 |
[13:34] | I’m sorry, Roz. I’m in a hurry. | 抱歉 Roz 我有点急事 |
[13:36] | I’ll write you a check for these. | 过后给你支票 |
[13:38] | Enjoy the table. | 好好喝咖啡吧 |
[13:41] | This is the best kind of party. | 这种晚宴最好了 |
[13:43] | We get to dress up, have a wonderful time, | 我们盛装打扮 享受一番 |
[13:45] | and it’s all for a good cause. | 却是为了做善事 |
[13:47] | Well, it really is an impressive organization. | 是啊 这个组织可厉害了 |
[13:49] | I’ve heard that within 24 hours of any worldwide disaster, | 我听说无论在哪发生了自然灾害 |
[13:53] | they can put together a ball. | 他们都能在24小时内举办一场舞会 |
[13:56] | Oh, look, it’s your brother. | 看啊 你哥哥来了 |
[13:58] | What? | 什么 |
[13:59] | Oh. So it is. | 还真是啊 |
[14:01] | Uh, why don’t you find our table, | 你先去我们的座位吧 |
[14:03] | and I’ll get us some champagne. | 我去拿两杯香槟 |
[14:04] | Okay. | 好的 |
[14:08] | Roz, you didn’t tell me Frasier was going to be here. | Roz 你不是说Frasier不会来的吗 |
[14:10] | Yeah, he bought the last two tickets. | 他买了最后两张票 |
[14:12] | After he knew I’d be here with Poppy. | 听说我和Poppy要来之后是吧 |
[14:14] | Obviously, he wants to get a shot at her himself. | 显然 他还觊觎于她 |
[14:15] | He brought that woman along as his beard. | 他还带了隔壁的女人当作掩护 |
[14:17] | Do you think Frasier’s interested in Poppy? | 你觉得Fraiser喜欢Poppy |
[14:20] | I shouldn’t be surprised | 你看不出这种小细节 |
[14:21] | the subtle signs of attraction are lost on you– | 我可一点都不惊奇 |
[14:23] | a woman to whom the gunning of a Harley engine | 毕竟机车引擎的轰鸣 |
[14:24] | is like a “Come hither” Look. | 在你眼里就是”约吗” |
[14:30] | – Hello, Roz. – Hi. | – 嗨 Roz – 嗨 |
[14:32] | I see that Niles has brought himself a date for the evening. | 我看Niles带了个舞伴来啊 |
[14:34] | Yep, and you’ll never guess what he thinks. | 是啊 而且你肯定猜不到他怎么想的 |
[14:36] | Oh, I know exactly what he thinks. | 他的想法我可是一清二楚 |
[14:39] | He thinks by bringing Poppy as his patsy, | 他以为带着Poppy来做掩护 |
[14:40] | he can steal a few minutes with Regan, | 他就能和Regan聊几句了 |
[14:41] | try to win her for himself. | 趁机获取她的芳心 |
[14:42] | – That’s not what he thinks. – Roz! | – 他可不是那么想的 – Roz |
[14:44] | – He likes Poppy. – Oh… dear, simple Roz. | – 他喜欢Poppy – 很傻很天真的Roz啊 |
[14:48] | After six years of listening at my feet, | 跟我做节目六年了 |
[14:50] | have you learned nothing of the dark forces that move people? | 你怎么还是不懂人心中的小恶魔呢 |
[14:53] | Open your ears. | 长点心吧 |
[15:05] | Are you looking at your brother again? | 你又在看你弟弟了吗 |
[15:08] | Yes. I’m sorry. | 是啊 抱歉 |
[15:09] | It’s just that he keeps staring over here, for God’s sakes! | 只是他一直盯着这边 |
[15:12] | He hasn’t paid any attention to his date whatsoever! | 他没对他的舞伴上一点心 |
[15:14] | Can you imagine how that woman must feel? | 那个姑娘该作何感想啊 |
[15:16] | Yeah. Women hate that. | 是啊 女人最讨厌这样 |
[15:18] | – He’s doing it again. – What? | – 他又这样了 – 什么 |
[15:20] | My brother is staring at us, | 我哥哥又在盯着我们了 |
[15:22] | obviously thinking what a striking couple we make. | 显然在想 我们俩是多么登对的一对 |
[15:25] | In fact, let’s give him something to stare at. | 既然这样 我们就给他点料看 |
[15:30] | Oh, I’m sorry. | 抱歉 |
[15:32] | Same toe as before? | 又踩到那只脚了吗 |
[15:33] | Yes, same toe as before. | 没错 还是那只 |
[15:35] | What is going on with you two tonight? | 你们俩今天这是怎么了 |
[15:39] | All right. | 好吧 |
[15:40] | I suppose you’re going to find out sooner or later anyway. | 估计你早晚也会知道的 |
[15:43] | You see… I know about you and Niles. | 我知道你和Niles的事了 |
[15:47] | You do? | 你知道了 |
[15:47] | Yes, but it’s all right. I don’t mind. | 是啊 但是没关系 我不介意 |
[15:51] | It’s just that, well… he’s really quite smitten with you. | 只不过 他还喜欢着你呢 |
[15:56] | Oh, my God. Really? | 天呐 真的吗 |
[15:59] | You think you’re going to lose the nail? | 你的脚趾甲不会被我踩掉吧 |
[16:01] | No, no. I just need to sit for a minute. | 不 不 我坐一会就好 |
[16:06] | Oh, my gosh, I love the tango! | 天呐 我特喜欢这支探戈曲 |
[16:09] | You won’t mind if I dance one with your brother? | 我和你哥哥跳一曲 你不会介意吧 |
[16:11] | – What? – Well, actually, Poppy, I… | – 什么 – 呃 Poppy 我 |
[16:13] | Oh, come on. | 来吧 |
[16:14] | Niles can keep Regan company. | Niles可以陪着Regan |
[16:19] | Uh, you know… Regan, I’m getting a second wind. | Regan 我又来劲儿了 |
[16:23] | Uh, shall we show them how it’s done? | 来让他们看看应该怎么跳探戈吧 |
[16:25] | Well, actually, Dr. Crane, I… | 呃 Crane医生 我 |
[16:27] | Oh, don’t be so formal. | 别不好意思嘛 |
[16:28] | We’re not doctor and patient tonight. | 我们今晚可不是医患关系 |
[16:40] | Your brother’s quite the romantic, | 你弟弟很浪漫啊 |
[16:42] | inviting me to a ball on our very first date. | 头次约会就带我来舞会 |
[16:45] | He certainly doesn’t waste time, does he? | 他一点不浪费时间 是吧 |
[16:47] | No, he doesn’t, does he? | 可不是么 |
[16:55] | You do realize that I’m interested in your brother. | 你知道我喜欢你哥哥吧 |
[16:58] | You mean you’re developing real feelings for him? | 你是说 你真的喜欢上他了 |
[17:01] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[17:01] | Well, you may think so now, | 好吧 你可能现在这么想 |
[17:03] | but trust me, your future’s not with him. | 但是相信我 你跟他没结果的 |
[17:09] | I know this is confusing. | 我知道你会觉得困惑 |
[17:14] | You’ll see everything more clearly | 但等我把你放上沙发之后 |
[17:15] | when I’ve got you on the couch. | 一切就不言自明了 |
[17:23] | Well, I can’t take any more of this. | 我可忍不了了 |
[17:26] | All right, I have to cut in. | 好了 该我接手了 |
[17:27] | See? How romantic. | 看他多浪漫 |
[17:29] | Yes, come with me. | 是啊 跟我来 |
[17:33] | You should be ashamed of yourself. | 你丢不丢人 |
[17:34] | Your tango wasn’t so impressive, either. | 你探戈跳得也不怎么样啊 |
[17:37] | I’m talking about your behavior tonight. | 我说的是你今晚的行为 |
[17:39] | You mean that I won’t simply stand aside | 你是说 我不肯乖乖地让你 |
[17:40] | and let you have the woman you want? | 如愿以偿抱得美人归 |
[17:41] | Exactly. Obviously, one of us has to back off– | 是啊 显然 总得有一个人退出 |
[17:44] | not just tonight, but permanently. | 不只是今晚 而是永远 |
[17:46] | Frasier, can I talk to you a minute alone? | Frasier 我能跟你说句话吗 |
[17:48] | Of course. | 当然 |
[17:49] | Just give me one more moment with my brother. | 请再给我和我弟弟一点时间 |
[17:51] | Niles, when you’re finished, | Niles 你俩说完之后 |
[17:52] | I’d love one more dance. | 我还想和你再跳支舞 |
[17:53] | Ah. I’ll be right there. | 啊 我马上就来 |
[17:58] | Well, I believe she has made her choice. | 我看 她已经做出决定了 |
[18:01] | Yes, I believe she has. | 是啊 我看也是 |
[18:13] | Frasier, I think I’d like to leave, if that’s all right. | Frasier 如果可以的话 我想先走 |
[18:15] | Leave? Already? | 走 现在吗 |
[18:17] | Well, couldn’t we just have one last dance? | 我们不能再跳最后一支舞吗 |
[18:20] | Well, I guess. I’m just feeling a little uncomfortable. | 好吧 我就是觉得有点怪怪的 |
[18:23] | Yes, I certainly don’t blame you for that, | 这绝对不能怪你 |
[18:24] | but you see, now that I’ve spoken with him, | 我已经和他谈过了 |
[18:26] | Niles has agreed to behave himself. | Niles保证会管住自己的 |
[18:27] | Now I can… put all my attention on you. | 现在 我可以全神贯注地和你跳舞了 |
[18:32] | That is a relief. | 真是让我松了口气 |
[18:34] | I mean, you can understand | 你能理解 |
[18:35] | how I was a kind of freaked out by all that. | 我为何被刚才的一幕幕吓坏了吧 |
[18:38] | Right? | 能吧 |
[18:41] | Frasier Frasier. | |
[18:44] | He’s a brave little soldier, isn’t he? | 他可真是个打不死的小强啊 |
[18:46] | Awash in despair, and yet he dances. | 绝望至极 仍翩翩起舞 |
[18:50] | This is when they wrote songs | 这首歌真是 |
[18:51] | that were really about something– | 真真切切地表达了 |
[18:54] | true love… broken hearts… | 真爱 心碎 |
[18:57] | Yes, there’s nothing quite so poignant | 是啊 对于某些心已碎 |
[19:00] | as someone with a broken heart | 却还故作坚强的人 |
[19:02] | pretending that it isn’t. | 就更加痛苦了 |
[19:05] | No wonder he keeps staring over at us. | 难怪他整晚都盯着我们 |
[19:08] | He’s suffered such a crushing defeat tonight. | 他今晚真是败到家了 |
[19:12] | Can we go? | 我们能走了吗 |
[19:12] | Well… yes, of course, that’s… | 好吧 当然 这 |
[19:15] | that’s the best thing to do. | 这是最好的办法了 |
[19:17] | No… let me just have one last word with him. | 等下 让我再和他说最后一句话 |
[19:20] | Oh, my God. | 老天呐 |
[19:23] | Niles, if you don’t mind. | Niles 打扰一下 |
[19:24] | You guys are going to wear me out. | 你俩真是没完没了啊 |
[19:27] | Could I see you at the bar, please? | 我们去吧台说两句好吗 |
[19:30] | I think I’m going to catch a cab. | 我要去叫辆出租车 |
[19:31] | Aren’t you having a good time? | 今晚玩的不尽兴吗 |
[19:33] | Frankly, no. Are you? | 说实话 一点都不 你呢 |
[19:34] | Well, yes. I think Niles has got quite a little crush on me. | 其实 我挺开心 Niles好像对我有点意思 |
[19:39] | But, actually, Poppy, there’s something you should know about Niles. | Poppy 有些事我应该告诉你 |
[19:44] | Niles, I just want you to know that I… | Niles 我只是想说 |
[19:47] | I’m not happy with the way things have ended this evening. | 今晚弄成这样 我并不高兴 |
[19:49] | Well, neither am I. How could I be? | 好吧 我也是 我怎么会高兴呢 |
[19:53] | And the worst thing is, it’s not just tonight. | 最糟糕的是 还并不只是今晚 |
[19:55] | What happens when we keep running into each other? | 我们以后还要经常见到对方的 |
[19:57] | Yes. | 是啊 |
[19:58] | The victor will have his trophy. | 赢家坐拥战利品 |
[20:00] | The loser will be empty-handed. | 输家两手空空 |
[20:02] | Hardly seems worth it, given the permanent damage | 这对咱俩的关系打击太大了 |
[20:04] | this could do to our relationship. | 我觉得有点不值 |
[20:05] | Yes, I can’t help but wonder | 是啊 我不禁自问 |
[20:06] | if perhaps we’re being a bit shortsighted. | 我们是不是只顾当下了 |
[20:10] | Niles, is that Regan and Poppy leaving just now? | Niles 刚刚出去的是Regan和Poppy吗 |
[20:15] | It was, wasn’t it? | 是啊 |
[20:21] | I want you to go after her. | 你去追她吧 |
[20:23] | What? | 什么 |
[20:24] | Yes. I won’t stand in your way. | 是啊 我不会再妨碍你了 |
[20:28] | No. Frasier, I would feel better if you went after her. | 不 Frasier 如果你去追她 我会更开心 |
[20:32] | No. No, I couldn’t do that to you. | 不 不 我不能这么做 |
[20:36] | I think we’re both feeling the same thing. | 我想 我们的想法是一致的 |
[20:38] | I know we are… you noble bastard. | 我想也是 你个高尚的小混蛋 |
[20:44] | Right back at you. | 你也是 |
[20:48] | Oh, it’s for the best. | 这是为大局着想 |
[20:49] | After all, the most important thing is our friendship. | 毕竟 我们的情谊更加重要 |
[20:53] | I think that’s worth drinking to. | 真该为此举杯 |
[20:55] | Two bourbons. | 两杯波本威士忌 |
[20:56] | You know, while we’re at it, | 既然这样 |
[20:58] | let’s propose a toast to one pretty remarkable woman. | 我们就敬这位美丽出众的女人一杯吧 |
[21:02] | Well, she’d have to be to have won both of our hearts. | 是啊 不美丽出众 怎能赢得我们俩的心呢 |
[21:05] | Hear, hear. | 是啊 是啊 |
[21:06] | Well, then… | 那么 |
[21:07] | – To Poppy. – To Regan. | – 敬Poppy – 敬Regan |
[21:17] | I think we’re going to need two more here. | 再来两杯吧 |