时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:08] | Hello, Roz. | 嘿 Roz |
[00:09] | – Hey. – So, what are you up to? | – 嘿 – 你忙啥呢 |
[00:11] | Oh, they put in phone jacks so you can go on line. | 连上网线就可以上网了 |
[00:13] | I was just talking to this guy who sounds really great. | 我跟一个非常好的人聊得正欢 |
[00:17] | What? | 啥 |
[00:18] | I’m a very busy person. How else am I going to meet people? | 我这么忙 还能到哪去认识新人啊 |
[00:20] | It just seems so impersonal, Roz. | 听着怎么这么没人情味呢 |
[00:23] | God, what ever happened to human contact? | 老天 人类交流到底出了什么问题 |
[00:25] | Engaging people face-to-face, eye-to-eye. | 难道不该是面对面 四目相对吗 |
[00:28] | – There’s your Dad. – Oh, don’t let him see me. | – 你老爸来了 – 别让他看见我 |
[00:31] | Hey, Martin. | 嘿 Martin |
[00:32] | – Hey, Roz. – Hi. | – 嘿 Roz – 嘿 |
[00:33] | What’ve you been up to? | 你干嘛呢 |
[00:34] | Oh, just surfing the Net. | 在上网呢 |
[00:35] | – Hi, Dad. – You know, I never got into that net stuff. | – 嘿 老爸 – 我从来没上过网 |
[00:39] | Really? You really ought to give it a try. | 是吗 你真应该试试啊 |
[00:41] | It’s a great way to keep in touch with your friends and your family. | 和家人朋友联系很方便 |
[00:43] | Family? | 家人 |
[00:44] | Gosh, you know, that’s nice to know | 老天 知道还有人关心家人 |
[00:47] | that some people still care about their family. | 真是太好了 |
[00:49] | Dad, please? | 老爸 求你了 |
[00:51] | Well, I got to go. I’m going night fishing with Duke and Eddie. | 我得去跟Duke和Eddie夜钓 |
[00:54] | Of course, you know, I wouldn’t leave Eddie. | 当然了 我绝不会丢下Eddie的 |
[00:56] | You don’t turn your back on your family. | 人不可以抛下自己的家人 |
[01:00] | What is that all about? | 怎么了这是 |
[01:01] | Oh, our Cousin Dodie’s wedding was last week. | 上个月是我表姐Dodie的婚礼 |
[01:04] | Oh, excuse me. Cousin Dodie’s weddin’. | 抱歉 应该是昏礼 |
[01:08] | It’s a Western theme. | 是西部主题 |
[01:10] | On the response card, it asked for our chili preference. | 还在请柬上问了我们爱不爱吃辣 |
[01:13] | mild or kick-ass. | 微辣还是变态辣 |
[01:15] | Er.Anyway, Niles and I told her that we had a conference | 总之 我和Niles告诉她说我俩 |
[01:19] | to attend at the Therapists’ Guild. | 要去参加心理医生峰会 |
[01:22] | – There is no Therapists’ Guild, is there? – No. | – 根本就没有什么心理医生峰会吧 – 没有 |
[01:25] | Dad found us out. | 被我老爸发现了 |
[01:26] | Wait. | 等等 |
[01:27] | Didn’t you have a “Therapist’s Guild” Conference | 上次Alice的生日你是不是也说 |
[01:29] | on Alice’s last birthday? | 要参加心理医生峰会来着 |
[01:32] | The point is, it struck a nerve with Dad. | 问题是 我老爸一直跟我俩怄气呢 |
[01:35] | Sorry, Roz, it’s just that, you know. | 抱歉 Roz |
[01:37] | he thinks we’re ashamed of his family. | 他觉得我们看不起他家人 |
[01:39] | It’s been an issue with him for years. | 他有这个想法已经好几年了 |
[01:40] | Now he hasn’t spoken to me for days. | 已经好几天不跟我说话了 |
[01:42] | Oh, thank God, I don’t have to deal with this tonight. | 谢天谢地我今晚不用受罪了 |
[01:44] | I’ve already earmarked a fine bottle of Chateau Beychevelle. | 我已经预定了一瓶上好的龙船酒庄的酒 |
[01:48] | Ah, hot date? | 激情约会啊 |
[01:50] | No, no. Niles is coming over to watch The Antiques Road show with me. | 不是 是Niles和我一起看<古董之路> |
[01:53] | I guess you’ll be coming in late tomorrow. | 看来你明天肯定会迟到了 |
[01:55] | It’s our favorite show, Roz. | 这是我俩最喜欢的节目了 Roz |
[01:56] | Party. | 派对 |
[01:57] | Oh, all right, stop it. | 好啦 别闹 |
[01:58] | That’s enough. | 够啦 |
[02:02] | Oh, I think the Road show is from Harrisburg, Pennsylvania, tonight– | 今晚的节目应该是讲宾州的哈里斯堡吧 |
[02:06] | Amish country. | 阿米什部落 |
[02:07] | Ooh, quilts. | 老古董们 |
[02:09] | I’ll uncork the wine, Niles. | 我去开酒 Niles |
[02:11] | You set out the cheesecake. | 你去把芝士蛋糕拿来 |
[02:13] | – Dad. – Dad. | – 老爸 – 老爸 |
[02:14] | Uh, I thought you were going night fishing with Duke. | 我还以为你跟Duke去夜钓了 |
[02:19] | Oh, for God’s sakes, you can’t keep this up forever, Dad. | 看在老天的份上 你不能一直这样下去吧 老爸 |
[02:24] | Well, all right, fine; I hope you don’t mind | 得得得 那行 那你别介意我和Niles |
[02:26] | but Niles and I are planning on watching a television show. | 要看电视了 |
[02:28] | Oh, really? Well, I’m surprised you don’t have a conference to go to. | 是吗 你俩竟然没有会议要参加吗 |
[02:32] | Dad, we said we were sorry about Dodie’s wedding. | 老爸 我俩已经为那事道过歉了 |
[02:34] | Yes, and we did send her a baby gift. | 也送了她婴儿礼物 |
[02:40] | Well, Duke canceled out on me. You can have the TV in an hour. | Duke临时说去不成了 你们一小时之后就能看了 |
[02:42] | I just want to watch my game show. | 我只是想看会儿游戏节目 |
[02:44] | Dad, please, not a game show. | 老爸 求你了 游戏节目咱就不看了吧 |
[02:47] | Hey, I happen to like it, all right? | 嘿 我就是喜欢 |
[02:49] | People bring in all their junk from their attics, | 人们把阁楼里的废物拿来 |
[02:50] | and these experts tell them what it’s worth. | 让专家们鉴定价值 |
[02:57] | Are you talking about The Antiques Road show? | 你是在说<古董之路>吗 |
[03:00] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[03:02] | Well, that’s the program Niles and I are going to watch. | 我和Niles也要看这个呢 |
[03:10] | I’ll just check outside and see if the world has ended. | 我去看看是不是要世界末日了 |
[03:14] | Well, if you want to watch it, no one’s stopping you. | 那你们要看的话 也没人拦你们啊 |
[03:17] | Oh. Wonderful. | 那太好啦 |
[03:19] | And you have no idea what this writing desk might be worth? | 你完全不知道这个写字台值多少钱 |
[03:22] | No. My husband bought it at a garage sale. | 不知道 我老公在一个车库甩卖上买的 |
[03:24] | Ooh, that’s a lovely piece. I’d say it’s Sheraton. | 这段很好看啊 我猜是喜来登的 |
[03:27] | At auction, this would bring in more than $8,000. | 在拍卖会上 这件物品要价超过8000刀 |
[03:34] | What about this chair? Is it an original, too? | 那这个椅子呢 也是很古老的吗 |
[03:36] | Oh, it certainly looks it. | 看着像 |
[03:37] | Nah, nah, they always do this– | 不 不 他们老这么干 |
[03:39] | set them up on the first one and then lower the boom on the second one. | 第一件物品给价超级高 第二件压价压得没边了 |
[03:42] | – I think that carving looks authentic. – So does the inlay. | – 这些雕花看上去很真啊 – 还有镶嵌的装饰物 |
[03:45] | Oh, no, no. | 不 不 不 |
[03:46] | I’m sorry to say this chair is a reproduction worth at best $150. | 很遗憾 这把椅子是仿造的 最多值150刀 |
[03:51] | Oh, what a shame. | 太遗憾了 |
[03:53] | Ah, keep watching, boys; you’ll get the hang of it. | 接着看吧 小伙子 看多了就懂了 |
[03:55] | Well, I guess we still have the desk. | 起码我们还有桌子 |
[03:59] | The real clue here is the veneer. | 真正的线索是这些板材 |
[04:01] | Veneer! | 板材 |
[04:04] | And now for some background information | 接下来呢 是一些关于哈里斯堡 |
[04:07] | on the beautiful city of Harrisburg. | 这个美丽城市的背景介绍 |
[04:09] | Mute! | 闭嘴吧 |
[04:13] | Evening, all. | 晚上好啊 各位 |
[04:14] | – Oh, hi, Daphne. – Hi, Daphne. | – 嘿 Daphne – 好啊 |
[04:15] | Wow. Don’t see the three of you watching the same show very often. | 你们仨一起看电视可不常见啊 |
[04:19] | What’s going on? | 出什么事了 |
[04:20] | Pavarotti jumping the Grand Canyon? | 帕瓦罗蒂在大峡谷跳崖了 |
[04:23] | It’s The Antiques Road show. | 我们在看<古董之路>呢 |
[04:25] | So what you got in the box? | 盒子里是什么啊 |
[04:26] | Oh, it’s Donny’s mother’s wedding gown. | 是Donny他妈妈的婚纱 |
[04:28] | He wants me to wear it at our wedding. | 他想让我结婚的时候穿 |
[04:29] | What if I don’t like it? | 可我要是不喜欢怎么办啊 |
[04:31] | Daphne, if you try it on, we’d be glad to have a look. | Daphne 你可以穿上 我们帮你看看 |
[04:33] | Just go put it on. | 快穿上吧 |
[04:34] | Oh, Dad! Dad, turn it up. | 老爸 快打开声音 |
[04:37] | But the real masterwork is this unique art deco headboard. | 但真正精妙处在于床头板独一无二的艺术设计 |
[04:41] | It features a variety of veneers. | 它是由多种不同板材组成的 |
[04:43] | Veneer! | 板材 |
[04:46] | Mahogany veneer… | 桃花心木板材 |
[04:48] | Veneer! | 板材 |
[04:50] | …burled walnut veneer… | 带瘤胡桃木板材 |
[04:51] | Veneer! | 板材 |
[04:54] | …and zebrawood veneer. | 斑木板材 |
[04:55] | Veneer! | 板材 |
[04:58] | – And now back to our… – Oh, God. | – 现在呢 我们回到 – 老天 |
[05:00] | Next week we got to pick a different word. | 下周我们得换个词 |
[05:05] | You know what? Need another bottle of wine. | 你猜怎么着 我得再来瓶酒 |
[05:08] | Yeah, me, too. | 我也要再来一杯 |
[05:10] | I love these educational shows. | 我太喜欢这种教育类节目了 |
[05:14] | You know, I can’t get over Dad. | 我有点生老爸的气 |
[05:17] | It seems that this little rift between us has been mended. | 之前他和咱俩的小矛盾算是解决了吗 |
[05:19] | Oh, can you believe he used the word “Craftsman,” | 你能相信他用”手艺人”这个牌子 |
[05:22] | and he meant the architectural style | 来形容一种建筑风格 |
[05:23] | and not the rotary sander? | 而不是砂轮机吗 |
[05:27] | You know, that’s uncanny. | 真是不可思议 |
[05:29] | Well, you heard him. | 你也听到了啊 |
[05:29] | No, no, not that. | 不不不 我不是说那个 |
[05:31] | You just said “Rotary sander.” | 是你竟然说了”砂轮机” |
[05:34] | Dad, did we miss anything? | 老爸 我们错过什么了没 |
[05:36] | Nah, just some bozo with a credenza | 没啥 就有个带着书柜来的 |
[05:38] | who doesn’t know a Biedermeier from an Oscar Mayer. | 分不清比德迈尔和奥斯卡梅尔的蠢货 |
[05:40] | That’s it for this week. | 这周的节目就是这些 |
[05:42] | See you next time on The Antiques Road show. | 下周再见 |
[05:45] | Next Saturday, the Road show will be here in Seattle. | 下周六的节目在西雅图 |
[05:48] | Viewers can bring their treasures | 您可以带着宝贝 |
[05:50] | to the Convention Center for a free appraisal. | 来会展中心做免费评估 |
[05:52] | We ought to go. That’d be great. | 咱去吧 多好啊 |
[05:54] | – Well, sure, Dad. – Does sounds like fun. | – 行啊 老爸 – 听着不错 |
[05:56] | Yeah. You know, I’m going to go have a little root around in my closet. | 是啊 我要去我的柜子里好好来个搜查 |
[06:00] | I’ll bet I can find a nice little objet d’art they’ll be interested in. | 肯定能找到让他们感兴趣的小艺术品 |
[06:06] | It’s as if that panhandler I gave money to | 听着好像我施舍的一个乞丐 |
[06:08] | was a genie granting all my wishes. | 其实是个能实现我所有愿望的精灵 |
[06:11] | Would you marry me in this? | 你愿意娶穿着这件婚纱的我吗 |
[06:17] | How much did you give him? | 你施舍了多少啊 |
[06:22] | It-it’s attractive, Daphne. It’s a bit unorthodox. | 很 很迷人啊 Daphne 就是有点不正式 |
[06:24] | Yeah, that’s what I think. | 是啊 我也觉得是 |
[06:26] | Donny, I’ve just put your mum’s wedding dress on. | Donny 我刚把你妈妈的婚纱穿上 |
[06:29] | A miniskirt?! | 迷你裙 |
[06:31] | It’s obscene. You can see… | 太色情了好吧 你都能看到 |
[06:32] | What? | 什么 |
[06:33] | No, I took the green box. Oh… | 不是啊 我拿的那个绿色的盒子 |
[06:37] | No problem, then. Bye. | 那没事了 拜 |
[06:40] | I took the wrong dress. | 我拿错裙子了 |
[06:42] | This is from his mother’s third marriage in 1968 in Las Vegas. | 这是他妈68年在拉斯维加斯结第三次婚穿的 |
[06:51] | Oh, can you believe people actually used to dress like this? | 你能相信真的有人会穿这种婚纱吗 |
[06:54] | I wish I had a picture of it | 我真想照张相啊 |
[06:55] | for whenever I needed a laugh. | 需要笑一笑就拿出来看看 |
[06:56] | Niles Niles. | |
[07:05] | This bear clock’s been in the family for generations. | 这个熊状钟表在咱家已经好几代了 |
[07:07] | I can’t wait to see what it’s worth. | 我都等不及想知道它到底值多少钱了 |
[07:09] | Do you think they’ll put a dollar figure on it? | 你觉得他们能不能给个确切的价啊 |
[07:11] | That sounds about right. | 有可能 |
[07:12] | Very funny. | 真逗 |
[07:14] | But you know your grandpa passed this down to me, | 不过是你爷爷把这个传给我的 |
[07:17] | and someday when I’m gone, it’ll be passed on to you. | 等我死了 它就会传给你 |
[07:19] | Dad, please, I don’t even want to think about that day. | 老爸 求你了 我不想想那一天的场景 |
[07:21] | You know, I got to go see | 我得过去看看 |
[07:23] | – if I can get this baby appraised. – All right. | – 现在能不能估价 – 好吧 |
[07:26] | Oh, I am so sorry, but on the way in, | 抱歉迟到了 但是在我进来的时候 |
[07:29] | I had the most amazing celebrity sighting. | 我看到了一个大明星 |
[07:31] | Hans Dietrich Hans Dietrich. | |
[07:32] | The love seat expert. | 双人椅鉴定专家 |
[07:33] | The very same. | 正是 |
[07:34] | Oh! You know, he’s much smaller in person than on television. | 他本人看起来比电视里矮多了 |
[07:38] | He’s that big. | 他就这么高 |
[07:39] | – Get out. – Yes. | – 净胡扯 – 真的 |
[07:40] | Hey, boys, come over here. | 嘿 小伙子们 快过来 |
[07:41] | They want to put me and the clock on TV. | 他们想让我带着钟表上节目呢 |
[07:42] | Good Lord, we can’t appear on TV with that hideous thing. | 老天爷啊 我们可不能带着那个丑东西上电视 |
[07:45] | Everyone we know watches this program. | 我们认识的人都看这个节目 |
[07:48] | Well, thank God, he didn’t bring along that | 还好他没把挂起来的那个 |
[07:50] | that dreadful mounted jackrabbit’s head with the antelope horns. | 可怕的长着羚羊角的长耳朵兔头带过来 |
[07:53] | Oh, yes, the jackalope– | 是啊 鹿角兔 |
[07:57] | Texas’s answer to the Minotaur. | 来自德州的弥诺陶洛斯 |
[07:59] | So, what do you think about that, boys? | 你们觉得怎么样 |
[08:00] | They said they’ve never seen anything like it. | 他们说从来没见过这种东西 |
[08:03] | Dad, you know, this could go either way. | 老爸 这话呢有两种意思 |
[08:05] | Oh, I know. Don’t worry about it. I’m not going to act | 我知道 别担心啦 我不会表现得跟 |
[08:07] | like one of those saps I always make fun of. | 我经常取笑的傻子们一样的 |
[08:09] | Doesn’t matter if it’s worth two dollars or $2,000. | 不管这个钟值两块还是两千块 |
[08:11] | I’m just going to say, “That’s pretty much what I figured.” | 我都会说 “我就是这么想的” |
[08:14] | Tape’s rolling. | 马上开始录了 |
[08:15] | Oh, Lord. | 老天 |
[08:16] | Oh, okay, okay. | 好的 好的 |
[08:17] | Uh, guys, uh, which one of you wants to come and hold it? | 嘿 伙计们 你俩谁来拿着它啊 |
[08:20] | No, no, Dad, we wouldn’t dream of it. | 别了 老爸 我俩不敢奢望 |
[08:22] | This is your moment. | 这是属于你的时刻啊 |
[08:24] | Everybody ready? | 各部门就绪 |
[08:25] | Action. | 开始 |
[08:26] | So, Martin, what can you tell us about this pewter clock? | Martin 请你介绍一下这个锡时钟 |
[08:29] | Well, it…it is a clock set in the stomach of what appears to be a bear. | 这是一块镶在熊肚子上的表 |
[08:36] | Actually, it’s much more than that. | 其实远不止这些啊 |
[08:38] | It’s Russian, made in the mid-19th century. | 这个钟表来自俄罗斯 制造于19世纪中期 |
[08:41] | That’s pretty much what I figured. | 我就是这么想的 |
[08:45] | Actually, it’s a stunning piece. | 其实它是非常珍贵的物件 |
[08:46] | It was made by Andrei Kuragin | 是由为沙皇亚历山大二世工作的 |
[08:48] | who worked for Tsar Alexander II. | Andrei Kuragin制造的 |
[08:50] | That is pretty much what I figured. | 我也是这么想的 |
[08:53] | I don’t know if you’re descended | 我不知道你们是不是 |
[08:55] | from the Romanoffs, Martin, | 罗曼诺夫王室的后代 |
[08:56] | but all of Kuragin’s known bear clocks | 但目前已知Kuragin制造的熊状钟表 |
[08:58] | were done exclusively for the Romanoff family | 都属于罗曼诺夫王室 |
[09:00] | and are now in the Hermitage Museum in St. Petersburg. | 现藏于圣彼得堡的艾尔米塔什博物馆 |
[09:07] | Martin Martin, | |
[09:08] | you may be surprised to learn that this clock, at auction, | 你会惊喜地发现这个钟表在拍卖会上 |
[09:11] | would easily bring $25,000. | 会轻而易举地拍得两万五千刀 |
[09:19] | What he means is | 他的意思是 |
[09:21] | that’s pretty much what we figured. | 我们也是这么想的 |
[09:28] | – After you, Dad. – Thank you. | – 您先请 老爸 – 谢谢 |
[09:30] | Gosh, Dad, you know, I’ve been thinking. | 老爸 我一直在想啊 |
[09:33] | Maybe we’ll have to find an appropriate place for the clock. | 我们该找个合适的地方摆放这个钟 |
[09:36] | How about right here on this console, hmm? | 这个台子怎么样 |
[09:39] | Oh, yes. I get it. | 行啊 我明白了 |
[09:41] | Doesn’t look quite so bad to you guys | 它值两万五千刀 |
[09:43] | now that you know it’s worth 25 grand, huh? | 你俩挺满意的哈 |
[09:45] | Ha ha. Oh, I could kick myself for not bringing that jackalope. | 我竟然没把鹿角兔拿去 真该狠狠自责 |
[09:54] | Quite an amazing day, eh? | 真是个好日子啊 |
[09:56] | It certainly was. | 可不是嘛 |
[09:57] | You know, Niles, I’ve been meaning to ask you about something, actually. | Niles 我一直想问你来着 |
[10:00] | You remember that appraiser | 你记不记得那个评估师 |
[10:01] | said something about the bear being from Russia | 说这个钟表来自俄罗斯 |
[10:04] | and Dad being part of the Romanoff family? | 说老爸是罗曼诺夫王室后裔 |
[10:07] | – Yeah, yeah. You know, that struck my ear, too. – Yes, yes. | – 对 对 我也听到了 – 嗯 嗯 |
[10:10] | Course, I don’t seriously believe there’s any real chance of that. | 当然 我不觉得这是真的 |
[10:12] | – No, no, of course not. – No, no. | – 不 不 当然不可能了 – 就是啊 |
[10:13] | – It’s a long shot, at best. – It’s impossible. | – 最多就是猜测 – 绝对不可能的 |
[10:15] | Although we do have the bear. | 但这个表确实摆在这儿了 |
[10:16] | I know. | 我知道 |
[10:19] | Oh, Dad. Niles just reminded me of something i’d completely forgotten. | 老爸 Niles刚提醒了一件我差点忘了的事 |
[10:24] | When the appraiser mentioned that the bear was from Russia… | 评估师提到那个熊是俄罗斯的 |
[10:27] | Oh, yeah, well, it probably got passed down | 对啊 可能是从你们 |
[10:29] | through your great-great-grandmother. | 曾曾祖母那里传下来的 |
[10:30] | She was Russia. | 她是俄罗斯人 |
[10:33] | He said something about the, um, Romanoff family? | 那评估师还说了什么罗曼诺夫王室 |
[10:37] | Oh, yeah, that, huh? | 对啊 那个 |
[10:41] | – Sure you want to hear about this? – Yes, Dad. | – 你们确定想要听 – 当然 老爸 |
[10:46] | Well, I guess you would’ve found out anyway after I died. | 我猜我死了之后你们也迟早要发现 |
[10:49] | We’re royalty. | 我们是王室成员 |
[11:00] | But I didn’t want you to grow up spoiled, | 但我不想你俩在溺爱中长大 |
[11:03] | so I abdicated and took a job in Seattle on the police force. | 所以我放弃了王位 来西雅图警局工作 |
[11:10] | It was kind of hard giving up that royal way of life, | 放弃王室身份其实是很难的 |
[11:12] | but I think maybe it’s the swans that I miss most. | 但我最想念的是那些天鹅 |
[11:18] | Very funny, Dad. Point taken. | 有意思 老爸 我明白你的意思了 |
[11:20] | – Sherry, Niles? – Please. | – 来点雪莉酒吗 Niles – 好的 |
[11:22] | Sorry to disappoint you. | 真抱歉让你俩失望了 |
[11:23] | I know you’d rather be anything in the world | 我知道你俩愿意成为任何人 |
[11:25] | – except Cranes. – Oh, Dad! | – 也不愿意当Crane家的 – 老爸 |
[11:26] | Now, that is just not true. | 不是这样的 |
[11:29] | We are proud to be Cranes. | 我们为自己是Crane家的一员而自豪 |
[11:30] | It was just… | 只不过是 |
[11:32] | innocent curiosity. | 纯粹的好奇啊 |
[11:34] | Well, I got to go call Duke. | 我得给Duke打个电话 |
[11:36] | But don’t get excited. He’s not a real duke. | 不过别激动啊 他不是真的公爵 |
[11:39] | Well… | 好吧 |
[11:42] | we stepped in it that time. | 我们给自己挖了个坑 |
[11:43] | Yes. | 对啊 |
[11:45] | What the hell is wrong with us? | 我们到底怎么了 |
[11:47] | Asking whether or not we’re related to the Romanoffs | 问我们是不是跟罗曼诺夫王室沾亲 |
[11:49] | and we’d just gotten past this whole “Crane shame” Thing. | 尤其是在我们刚刚渡过”Crane败类”风波 |
[11:53] | We should’ve known it would just upset him. | 我们本该意识到这么说会让他不开心的 |
[11:54] | Yes, and for what? | 是啊 这么做是为什么啊 |
[11:57] | Trying to find some distant connection to royalty. | 努力想跟王室扯上点远得不能更远的关系 |
[12:00] | Even if we could prove it, what do we have? | 就算能找到联系又怎么样呢 |
[12:04] | Story to tell at parties. | 不过是派对上能拿来讲的段子 |
[12:06] | Occasional seat at a state dinner. | 国宴上的临时席位 |
[12:08] | Some meaningless title. | 没有意义的头衔 |
[12:09] | Haha, it’s insane. | 真是疯了 |
[12:10] | Ridiculous. | 太荒谬了 |
[12:11] | Destructive. | 丧心病狂 |
[12:14] | Still, there is this grandmother. | 不过 这个曾祖母吧 |
[12:15] | I’m right behind you. | 往下说 我听着呢 |
[12:18] | You know, Niles, given our new pride in the Crane name, | Niles Crane这个姓氏给了我们新的骄傲 |
[12:21] | perhaps it would behove us to research our family tree. | 大概是时候查查族谱了 |
[12:25] | Uh-huh. Actually, in a way, we’d be honoring Dad. | 也算是给老爸一个交代了 |
[12:27] | Yes. Of course, we wouldn’t need to tell him. | 对啊 当然了 我们不用告诉他 |
[12:29] | No, no. | 不用 不用 |
[12:30] | Just a…few hours on the Internet, a trip to the library | 花几个小时上网看看 或者去图书馆查查 |
[12:34] | we could sketch in the entire family trees. | 我们就能画出整个家谱了 |
[12:36] | Sure, and if there should happen to be a connection to the Romanoffs… | 没错 如果恰好能跟王室有那么点联系 |
[12:40] | Well, what harm is there in that? | 那又有什么坏处呢 |
[12:43] | Oh, God, it is amusing to contemplate, isn’t it, Niles? | 老天啊 想想就兴奋不是吗 Niles |
[12:46] | You, me, Dad… | 你 我 老爸 |
[12:49] | all part of an ancient and noble family. | 都是一个古老的贵族后裔 |
[12:54] | Okay, Eddie, the jackalope’s gonna get you! | 好啦 Eddie 鹿角兔要来抓你啦 |
[12:56] | The jackalope is gonna get you! | 鹿角兔要来抓你啦 |
[12:58] | The jackalope… | 鹿角兔 |
[13:10] | – Hey, Frasier? – Huh? | – 嘿 Frasier – 哈 |
[13:11] | How’s the research going? | 资料查的怎么样啦 |
[13:12] | Oh, well, sit down, Roz, I’ll bring you up to speed. | 坐下 Roz 来听听最新进展 |
[13:13] | No, thank you. I’m meeting someone. | 不用啦 谢谢 我约人了 |
[13:17] | Dear God! Not one of your Internet dalliances?! | 老天爷 不会是你网上调情认识的吧 |
[13:21] | Oh, it’s just coffee, okay? | 就喝杯咖啡好吧 |
[13:23] | Besides, this guy’s totally legit. He e-mailed me a picture. | 这个人特别正派 还发了张照片过来 |
[13:26] | A picture? Oh, for God’s sake, Roz, | 照片 看在老天的份上 Roz |
[13:27] | what can you learn from a picture? | 你能从照片上看出什么来啊 |
[13:28] | The man’s probably a lunatic, a psychopath… | 这个人可能是个疯子 精神病 |
[13:30] | Oh, he’s a pretty boy. | 小伙子长得不错啊 |
[13:32] | Yeah. | 是吧 |
[13:33] | Wait a minute. I know this photo. | 等等 我见过这张照片 |
[13:36] | It’s the cover of this month’s Bidwell’s catalog. | 这是贝德维尔折扣店这个月的宣传册封面 |
[13:40] | Are you sure? | 你确定吗 |
[13:41] | I’m positive! I ordered those socks and driving shoes. | 当然 我买了袜子和豆豆鞋 |
[13:45] | Why would someone do this? | 为什么会有人干这种事 |
[13:47] | Well, he’s probably some insecure, would-be Romeo | 他可能是不自信 又想当罗密欧 |
[13:49] | trying to lure you into a meeting. | 来诱惑你出来约会吧 |
[13:51] | Hello, Frasier. | 嘿 Frasier |
[13:54] | Noel Noel. | |
[13:56] | What have we here? An empty seat next to yours. | 看看 你旁边有个空座位 |
[13:59] | – May I? – No! | – 我能坐这吗 – 不能 |
[14:00] | Of all the dumb-ass things you’ve done | 你为了让我跟你出来约会 |
[14:02] | to try to get me to go out with you, | 干了那么多缺心眼的事 |
[14:04] | e-mailing me this picture is just | 但给我发这张照片 |
[14:05] | – the most moronic! – But, Roz! | – 是最蠢的 – 可是 Roz |
[14:07] | Forget it, buddy. | 算了 伙计 |
[14:09] | I ought to take your mouse cord and wrap it | 我就该把鼠标线缠在你 |
[14:10] | around your nerdy little neck, | 傻乎乎的短脖子上 |
[14:12] | until your eyes pop out like champagne corks. | 直到你的眼睛像香槟酒瓶塞一样蹦出来 |
[14:17] | But I didn’t send you this. | 可是我没给你这张照片啊 |
[14:18] | Yeah, right. Then who did? | 是啊 对 那是谁给我发的 |
[14:21] | My guess would be, that guy. | 我猜是 那个人吧 |
[14:24] | Oh, my God. | 我的天啊 |
[14:26] | Noel, Noel, I’m so sorry. | Noel Noel 我真是太抱歉了 |
[14:29] | How sorry? | 有多抱歉啊 |
[14:30] | Not that sorry. | 也没那么抱歉 |
[14:36] | I just saw the Bidwell’s guy. | 我刚看到那个贝德维尔封面模特 |
[14:40] | So, Niles… how goes the research? | 那 Niles 调查的怎么样了 |
[14:43] | Oh, I think you’re going to be very pleased. | 我觉得你听了肯定特别高兴 |
[14:44] | According to this catalog of Russian antiquities, | 从俄罗斯古董名录来看 |
[14:46] | the bear clock was last seen in Moscow in 1879. | 钟表最后的记载是出现在1879年的莫斯科 |
[14:50] | Well, hold on to your fur hat, Niles. | 坐稳了听我说 Niles |
[14:54] | I’ve just discovered that our great-great-grandmother | 我刚查到咱们的曾曾祖母 |
[14:57] | emigrated from Russia in 1879. | 是1879年从俄罗斯移民过来的 |
[15:00] | Oh, my God, it’s all coming together. | 我的天 所有线索都指向了一处 |
[15:03] | – I can practically picture the scene. – Yes. | – 我已经想象出了那个场景 – 就是啊 |
[15:05] | Our great-great-grandmother, smelling revolution in the wind, | 咱们的曾曾祖母 敏锐地嗅到了革命的气息 |
[15:10] | secretly slips away in the black Russian night. | 趁着月黑风高 离开了俄罗斯 |
[15:13] | Taking the bear clock with her to remind her of richer days. | 带着这块表 纪念曾经的荣华富贵 |
[15:16] | Yes. | 正是 |
[15:18] | The ticking hands of time counting down her return– | 滴答作响的时钟在倒数着她凯旋的时间 |
[15:22] | her royal power merely hibernating. | 她的王权从未真正消弭 |
[15:32] | Yes? | 你好 |
[15:33] | Yes, yes, I’ll hold. | 是的 我是 请稍等 |
[15:35] | – Who is it? – It’s Dr. Myshkin. | – 谁啊 – 是Myshkin博士 |
[15:37] | He’s an attaché at the Russian Embassy. | 俄罗斯大使馆的大使 |
[15:39] | Also an expert on the Romanoffs. | 也是罗曼诺夫王室的专家 |
[15:41] | Oh. Yes, Dr. Myshkin. | 请讲 Myshkin博士 |
[15:42] | This evening… would be fine. | 今晚 好的没问题 |
[15:45] | Hmmm,uh, about 7:00? | 7点怎么样 |
[15:48] | Yes, I live at the Elliot Bay Towers. | 对 我住在艾略特湾大厦 |
[15:49] | We’ll see you then. | 我们晚上见 |
[15:51] | He has some important information for us. | 他有很重要的消息要通知我们 |
[15:54] | Oh, my God, Niles, this is it. | 上帝啊 这就是了 |
[15:56] | The final link to our royal past. | 我们与王室连接的最后一环 |
[15:59] | I’m going to issue a press release. | 我要召开新闻发布会 |
[16:02] | Not before I shout it from the rooftops. | 那等我先去楼顶喊一喊 |
[16:05] | Here’s Dad. Hide everything. | 老爸来了 快把东西藏起来 |
[16:09] | Hey, guys, I thought I’d find you here. | 嘿 伙计们 我就说肯定能在这找到你们 |
[16:11] | You know, you just missed seeing yourself on The Antiques Road show. | 你们错过了<古董之路>上看到自己的机会 |
[16:13] | Yeah. And you know, the phone’s been ringing off the hook. | 咱家电话都快被打爆了 |
[16:16] | Everybody wants to buy that bear clock. | 人人都想买那个表 |
[16:19] | You’re not thinking of selling it, are you? | 你不会是想要把它卖了吧 |
[16:20] | You’re right I am. Some guy just offered me $26,000 for it. | 你说的太对了 有些人甚至出两万六千刀买 |
[16:24] | I’m going to buy me a big honkin’ fishing boat– | 我要给自己买个带汽笛的渔船 |
[16:27] | and a Wave-Pounder 450 with a fun deck. | 还要一个带豪华甲板的快艇 |
[16:30] | Good for fishin’, cruisin’ or just plain tubin’. | 适合钓鱼巡航或者快艇滑水 |
[16:35] | Did you hear that, Frasier? We can go tubin’. | 你听见了吗 Frasier 我们要快艇滑水了 |
[16:37] | Do something. | 快说点什么 |
[16:39] | You know, Dad, perhaps Niles and I could sell the clock for you. | 老爸 要不我和Niles帮你把表卖了 |
[16:42] | Oh. I mean, we do know the antiques world | 我们很了解古董这行 |
[16:45] | Well, you know, we could get you more than $26,000. | 可以卖到比两万六千刀更高的价格 |
[16:47] | I should think at least, er, $30,000. | 我觉得至少也得三万吧 |
[16:50] | Wow. You know, maybe I will let you boys handle this. | 要不我就让你俩接手吧 |
[16:52] | It’s a wise move, Dad. | 明智之举 老爸 |
[16:53] | Yeah, we’d hate to see you get manipulated. | 对啊 我们可不希望你被骗 |
[17:04] | Dr. Crane. | Crane医生 |
[17:05] | Dr. Myshkin, please come in. | Myshkin博士 快请进 |
[17:07] | This is my brother, Dr. Niles Crane. | 这是我弟弟 Niles Crane医生 |
[17:15] | Oh, there it is. | 在那呢 |
[17:17] | Yes. Yes, please, have a look. | 正是正是 快请看 |
[17:23] | Is it authentic? | 它是真的吗 |
[17:25] | Without a doubt. | 毫无疑问 |
[17:27] | – Frasier. – I know. | – Frasier – 我听见了 |
[17:29] | Daphne, if you don’t mind, | Daphne 要是你不介意的话 |
[17:30] | you know, there is some, uh, caviar on the ice in the kitchen. | 厨房有一些冰镇的鱼子酱 |
[17:34] | Uh, now would be the appropriate time. | 可以拿出来了 |
[17:36] | If you would, please? | 要是你不介意的话 |
[17:37] | Oh, I am so sorry. | 我真是太抱歉了 |
[17:39] | Here I am dawdling with the laundry | 我竟然在还差10分钟就要上鱼子酱的时候 |
[17:41] | when it’s ten minutes into caviar time. | 在洗衣服上浪费时间 |
[17:47] | As I mentioned, | 如我之前所说 |
[17:48] | I have some information which should be interesting to your family. | 我有你们应该会感兴趣的消息 |
[17:50] | Yes, yes, please, make yourself comfortable. | 是的 是的 请随意 |
[17:52] | Uh, do tell. Do tell. | 但说无妨 但说无妨 |
[17:54] | This is a copy of the diary of Princess Sonya Romanoff, | 这是一份索尼娅·罗曼诺夫公主的日记复印件 |
[17:58] | daughter to Tsar Alexander II. | 她是沙皇亚历山大二世的女儿 |
[18:00] | At 18, she fell in love with a commoner, an American. | 她18岁时与一位美国平民坠入了爱河 |
[18:05] | Such a union would, of course, be forbidden, | 这样的结合理所应当是被禁止的 |
[18:07] | but Sonya decided to give everything up for love. | 但她决定为了爱放弃一切 |
[18:12] | Quelle elegance. | 如此神圣而优雅 |
[18:14] | She enlisted the aid of a scullery maid, | 她争取到一个女帮厨的帮助 |
[18:16] | who smuggled money, clothing, and this bear clock out of the palace. | 女帮厨偷偷带好钱 衣服和这块钟表 离开了皇宫 |
[18:19] | She would elope to America. | 她要私奔去美国了 |
[18:22] | Yes, that was her plan. | 是啊 她就是这么计划的 |
[18:24] | But when Sonya found her way to the train station under cover of night, | 但当索尼娅在夜色掩映下找去火车站时 |
[18:28] | the scullery maid had absconded with everything, | 发现女帮厨已经带着所有的东西 |
[18:30] | including the clock. | 包括那块表 逃走了 |
[18:32] | Servants! | 仆人 |
[18:32] | There’s a back aching for the lash! | 有人该等着被抽了 |
[18:36] | I’m moving as fast as I can. | 我已经尽我最快的速度了 |
[18:45] | But tell us, how did we get our clock back? | 告诉我们 钟表是怎么拿回来的 |
[18:48] | Yes, yes, yes, tell us, | 对啊 对啊 快给我们说说 |
[18:49] | how did great-great- grandmama retrieve it? | 曾曾祖母是怎么找回来的 |
[18:52] | Uh, Drs. Crane, your ancestor is not the princess. | Crane医生 你们的先辈不是公主 |
[18:55] | Your ancestor is the scullery maid. | 而是那个女帮厨 |
[19:01] | Well, on behalf of the Russian people, | 我代表俄罗斯人民 |
[19:05] | I thank you for retrieving this for us. | 对你们帮忙找回这块表表达最诚挚的谢意 |
[19:07] | You mean, you’re just going to take it?! | 你是说要把它拿走 |
[19:09] | Well, its rightful place is in the Hermitage Museum. | 它应该待在艾尔米塔什博物馆 |
[19:11] | But this-this clock has been in our family for generations. | 但这块表已经在我们家传了好几代了 |
[19:14] | – Niles! – But… | – Niles – 但是 |
[19:14] | Dr. Crane, we could settle this in the courts, | Crane医生 我们可以通过法庭解决这个问题 |
[19:17] | but you wouldn’t win. | 但是你们不会赢的 |
[19:18] | Do you really want this to come out in the press? | 你真的愿意这件事被媒体曝光吗 |
[19:20] | Well, do you really expect us to just let you | 你真的觉得我们会让你 |
[19:22] | walk out of here with a precious family heirloom? | 带着我们的传家宝走出这扇门吗 |
[19:24] | Did I mention that your ancestor, | 我有没有告诉过你们 你们的曾曾祖母 |
[19:25] | before she married a Noah Crane in 1882, | 在1882年嫁给Noah Crane之前 |
[19:28] | worked as a prostitute in New York? | 在纽约做妓女 |
[19:32] | Enjoy your bear. | 祝你和你的熊表愉快 |
[19:36] | Oh, hello. | 你好 |
[19:37] | Dr. Profiry Myshkin. | 我是Profiry Myshkin博士 |
[19:38] | Oh, Marty Crane. | 我是Marty Crane |
[19:40] | Well, I see you got the clock. | 你拿到表啦 |
[19:41] | – That’s right. Good evening, all. – Yeah. | – 是啊 晚安了 各位 – 好的 |
[19:43] | Bye. | 拜 |
[19:45] | You sold it. Hope you got a good price. | 你们卖啦 希望是个好价钱啊 |
[19:48] | Gee, Dad, I, I hope you didn’t buy a boat. | 老爸 我希望你还没买那个船 |
[19:51] | No, you know, I was thinking of it, | 没有 我琢磨来着 |
[19:52] | and then I thought, oh, hell, you know, | 然后我觉得 该死的 |
[19:53] | we’ve been getting along so well. | 我们相处得这么融洽 |
[19:55] | You don’t like fishing, and you get seasick. | 你不喜欢钓鱼 你又晕船 |
[19:57] | Why buy something that we can’t all enjoy, you know? | 为什么要买我们不能一起享受的东西呢 |
[20:00] | So I bought this! Aha! | 所以我买了这个 |
[20:02] | – A Winnebago. – Yes. | – 一辆房车 – 是啊 |
[20:07] | A big one. | 还是大型的 |
[20:09] | 33-footer with air suspension and power jacks. | 33尺长 配有空气悬架和电源插孔 |
[20:11] | 30,000 used, but you got that much for the clock, right? | 花了三万刀 但是你们也卖了这些钱对吧 |
[20:15] | Of course. | 当然了 |
[20:16] | Oh, that’s great. We can go anywhere. | 太好了 我们想去哪都行 |
[20:19] | You know, the first place I want to go is Elmo, Nebraska. | 我想去的第一个地方就是内布拉斯加的埃尔莫 |
[20:22] | We got a whole mess of cousins down there. | 我们有好多表亲都在那里 |
[20:37] | Well… | 这么说 |
[20:38] | we’re out $15,000 each. | 咱俩一人损失一万五 |
[20:42] | And we have to take long trips in a Winnebago. | 还得坐房车去长途旅行 |
[20:53] | And we’re not Romanoffs. | 我们也不是罗曼诺夫家的后裔 |
[20:56] | We’re descended from thieves and whores. | 而是贼和妓女的后代 |
[21:06] | You know, i remember reading that Henry James | 我记得读到过Henry James |
[21:11] | once had a liaison with a Russian prostitute in New York. | 曾经在纽约跟一个妓女有过一段联系 |
[21:14] | I’m right behind you. | 往下说 我听着呢 |