时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:09] | Hey, morning, Fras. | 早安 Fras |
[00:10] | Hi, Roz. | 嗨 Roz |
[00:12] | Roz, is… is Baby Alice dressed as a little turkey, | Roz 是小Alice真的打扮成了一只小火鸡 |
[00:15] | or am I just very, very hungry? | 还是我饿迷糊了 |
[00:18] | We’re flying home for Thanksgiving right after the show. | 我们俩做完节目就飞回老家过感恩节 |
[00:20] | I thought I’d make Alice look as cute as possible, | 我想尽可能把Alice打扮得可爱点 |
[00:22] | so if she cries on the plane, | 这样她要是在飞机上哭 |
[00:24] | the other passengers can’t get mad. Ah. | 别的乘客也不会生气了 |
[00:25] | Actually, what I’d like to do is keep her awake, | 现在我想让她尽量保持清醒 |
[00:27] | so she’ll sleep on the plane. | 等到上了飞机再让她睡 |
[00:28] | You know, you should just do what I used to do. | 你可以试试我的老办法啊 |
[00:29] | I used to tell the passengers that if Frederick cried, | 以前我带Frederick坐飞机的时候 我就说 |
[00:32] | I’d buy them all a drink. | 要是他哭了 我就请大家喝酒 |
[00:33] | – And that worked? – Oh, yes. | – 这样也行吗 – 当然了 |
[00:34] | In fact, one time, I woke from a short nap, | 有一次 我睡了一觉醒来 |
[00:36] | and the fellow sitting behind us was flicking | 发现后面的乘客正在弹 |
[00:38] | the back of Frederick’s little ear. | Ferderick的小耳朵呢 |
[00:40] | Of course, that was cheating, | 当然 这是作弊行为 |
[00:41] | and the man did not get his drink. | 我没给他买酒喝 |
[00:43] | So when is Frederick coming, anyway? | 对了 Frederick什么时候来啊 |
[00:45] | Oh, well, Lilith’s dropping him off around noon, | Lilith中午送他来 |
[00:47] | then she’s off to visit a colleague for Thanksgiving in Vancouver. | 然后她就去温哥华跟一个同事过感恩节 |
[00:50] | You know, come to think of it, | 转念一想啊 |
[00:52] | do they even celebrate Thanksgiving in Canada? | 加拿大过感恩节吗 |
[00:54] | They will when she leaves. | 她走了之后 他们就会感恩了 |
[01:07] | Hi, Dad. | 嗨 爸爸 |
[01:07] | Frederick! Hi. | Frederick 嗨 |
[01:09] | Hello, Frasier. | 你好 Frasier |
[01:10] | Hello. Oh, gosh, | 你好 天呐 |
[01:12] | you know, I was starting to get worried about you. | 我都开始担心了 |
[01:13] | You’re an hour late. | 你迟到了一个小时啊 |
[01:14] | We saw a big accident on the freeway. | 高速公路上发生了一起大事故 |
[01:16] | Mom saved this guy’s life. | 妈妈救了一个人的命 |
[01:17] | – Really? – Well, that’s going a bit far. | – 是吗 – 有点言过其实了 |
[01:19] | I simply applied a tourniquet. | 我只是给他绑上了止血带 |
[01:20] | She’s a hero. | 妈妈是英雄 |
[01:21] | Yes, that’s your mother, all right, son, yeah. | 是啊 你妈妈就是这样一个人 儿子 |
[01:23] | Then the paramedics came | 之后急救员来了 |
[01:25] | and wanted to give Mom a transfusion. | 还想给妈妈输血呢 |
[01:28] | Yes, that’s your mother, all right, son. | 是啊 你妈妈太苍白了 儿子 |
[01:30] | If you don’t mind, I’d like to use the phone | 要是不介意的话 我想借用一下电话 |
[01:32] | and call my colleague and tell him I’ll be late. | 告诉同事我要晚一点到 |
[01:35] | Yes, of course. | 好的 没问题 |
[01:36] | Who is this colleague anyway? | 这个同事是谁啊 |
[01:37] | He’s the man who supplies me with lab rats. | 他是实验鼠的供应商 |
[01:39] | It’s about time we got together socially. | 我们也该聚一聚了 |
[01:42] | I’ve known him for over 52 generations. | 他供应的小白鼠已经到第52代了 |
[01:44] | Ah. Well, if the drumsticks are about this big, | 如果火鸡腿只有这么大点儿的话 |
[01:47] | you’ll know why. | 你也知道是怎么回事 |
[01:49] | Good one, Dad. | 这笑话不错 老爸 |
[01:50] | Thank you, son. | 谢谢 大儿子 |
[01:51] | Hello, Peter, it’s Lilith. | 你好 Peter 我是Lilith |
[01:53] | Listen, I’m running about an hour late, so I… | 我估计要迟到一个小时 |
[01:57] | I’m sorry to hear that. | 我很遗憾 |
[01:59] | Well, take care of yourself. | 好吧 那你保重 |
[02:01] | Okay. Good-bye. | 好的 再见 |
[02:02] | What’s happened? | 怎么了 |
[02:04] | Peter’s come down with something. | Peter病倒了 |
[02:06] | Thinks he caught it from the rats. | 估计是受老鼠感染了 |
[02:08] | Oh, now, nobody ever got anything from a rat | 好像谁没受老鼠感染过似的 |
[02:09] | that wasn’t resolved in a day or two. | 一两天就好了 没啥大不了 |
[02:11] | Off you go. | 我送你出去吧 |
[02:14] | Hey, Mom, why don’t you spend Thanksgiving with us? | 妈妈 要不你跟我们一起过感恩节吧 |
[02:16] | Yes. That’s a very good one, Frederick. | 哈哈 这笑话不错 Frederick |
[02:18] | Now go kiss your mother good-bye and unpack, all right? | 去亲亲你妈妈 收拾下行李吧 好吗 |
[02:24] | Would it be that unbearable for me to be here for one meal? | 我在这吃顿饭你都受不了吗 |
[02:28] | As soon as we’re done, I’ll go check into a hotel. | 一吃完饭 我就去酒店 |
[02:30] | I can spend the weekend working on an article I’ve been writing. | 周末我可以继续写我的文章 |
[02:33] | Well, you know Niles is coming this afternoon, | 你知道Niles今天下午要来吧 |
[02:35] | and it’d be very uncomfortable, I think. | 我觉得大家都会很不自在的 |
[02:38] | You know, you two haven’t seen each other | 你俩在那次小激情之后 |
[02:39] | since your little tryst. | 还没见过面呢 |
[02:40] | Oh, please. Niles and I are adults. | 得了吧 我和Niles都是成年人了 |
[02:44] | I suppose you’re right. | 可能你是对的 |
[02:45] | It would mean a lot to Frederick. | 这对Frederick来说很重要 |
[02:48] | After all, Thanksgiving is a time to celebrate family. | 毕竟 感恩节就是家庭团聚的节日 |
[02:53] | – Come in. – Is the witch gone yet? | – 请进 – 女魔头走了吗 |
[03:00] | Lilith’s still here, Dad. | Lilith还在呢 老爸 |
[03:03] | Oh. In that case, I’ll ask you, too. | 既然这样 你也帮我看看吧 |
[03:06] | Lilith, has my twitch gone yet? | Lilith 你看我还抽搐吗 |
[03:09] | I had some very strong coffee this morning, and… | 我早上喝的咖啡太浓了 所以 |
[03:11] | Skillfully done, Martin. | 圆的漂亮 Martin |
[03:15] | Grandpa! | 爷爷 |
[03:15] | Freddy Oh, Freddy! | |
[03:17] | How you doing? | 你怎么样啊 |
[03:20] | So, Dad, is Mom staying for dinner? | 爸爸 妈妈要留下来吃晚饭吗 |
[03:22] | Yes, Frederick, I am. | 是的 Frederick 我留下 |
[03:24] | Isn’t that great, Grandpa? | 太好了 是不是 爷爷 |
[03:26] | Great, Freddy. | 太好了 Freddy |
[03:28] | Real great. | 好得不得了 |
[03:30] | Isn’t that great, Freddy? | 棒极了 Freddy |
[03:32] | Are you okay, Grandpa? | 你没事吧 爷爷 |
[03:34] | He’s worried about his twitch. | 没事 你爷爷有点抽搐 |
[03:38] | Come on, Eddie, come on. | 走啊 Eddie 进来 |
[03:41] | What’s the matter? | 他这是怎么了 |
[03:42] | He was perfectly fine until about a block from here. | 之前还好好的 快到家就开始这样 |
[03:44] | Then he started whining and trembling. | 边哼唧边哆嗦 |
[03:49] | It’s like he senses an earthquake or a dark force | 就好像他感应到了地震或者什么黑暗力量 |
[03:52] | or– hello, Lilith– a vortex of evil. | 哦 你好 Lilith 或者邪恶漩涡一样 |
[03:56] | Here, here, let me have him. | 来 让我来吧 |
[03:57] | Come on, I’ll take him. | 好了 我来吧 |
[03:59] | Yeah, it’s okay. Come on, boy. | 好了 没事了 走吧 |
[04:00] | That’s all right. Don’t worry. | 没事了呢 别怕 |
[04:02] | Nothing to be scared of. | 没什么好怕的 |
[04:04] | I’ll help with the groceries. | 我来帮你拿东西吧 |
[04:06] | Hey, Freddy. Thank you. | 嗨 Freddy 谢谢 |
[04:08] | Well, I’d better see how the turkey’s coming. | 我去看看火鸡烤的怎么样了 |
[04:11] | Yes, Daphne’s preparing dinner. | 好的 Daphne准备晚餐呢 |
[04:13] | Oh, should we tell her there’s an extra person? | 我们是不是应该告诉她多了个人吃饭 |
[04:19] | No need. | 我看不用了 |
[04:24] | – Hello, Frasier. – Niles. | – 你好 Frasier – Niles |
[04:27] | – Hello, Lilith. – Hello, Niles. | – 你好 Lilith – 你好 Niles |
[04:29] | Lovely to see you again. | 再见到你很高兴 |
[04:30] | Nice to see you, too. | 也很高兴见到你 |
[04:32] | I trust your flight was uneventful. | 旅途还平稳吧 |
[04:33] | Up, down, bumpy over the mountains. | 上上下下 翻山越岭的 |
[04:35] | Isn’t that always the way? | 不是一直都这样吗 |
[04:38] | Lilith is joining us for dinner, Niles. | Lilith要留下来吃晚饭 Niles |
[04:40] | – What a nice surprise. – It certainly is nice for me. | – 多好的惊喜啊 – 对我来说确实很好 |
[04:42] | Well, not as nice as it is for me. | 对我来说就更好啦 |
[04:43] | Oh, stop it, both of you. | 差不多行了 你们俩 |
[04:47] | I refuse to spend the day listening to this stilted chatter. | 我才不要一整天都听你们俩假惺惺的对话 |
[04:49] | Well, how would you have us behave? | 那你想让我们怎么样 |
[04:52] | Well, why don’t you try going back to your former relationship. | 你俩可以回到以前的那种相处模式 |
[04:53] | All we did was insult each other. | 之前我们俩净互损了 |
[04:55] | Yes. You’re willing to throw that away because of | 是啊 难道说你俩有了荒诞的激情一夜 |
[04:58] | one ill-considered night of passion? | 就得变得假模假样了吗 |
[05:01] | It happened. | 有时候是会发生这种事的 |
[05:02] | Take from it what you can learn. Move on. | 学点经验教训 然后把这事忘了吧 |
[05:05] | Well… I learned | 好吧 我学到了 |
[05:08] | if you kiss her too fast, you get an ice cream headache. | 要是使劲亲她 就会像冰激凌吃快了似的头疼 |
[05:20] | You also learned that I have twice your upper-body strength, | 你还知道了我比你上肢力量强一倍 |
[05:24] | so shut your pie hole. | 闭上你的臭嘴吧 |
[05:27] | Was that so hard? | 没啥难的吧 |
[05:31] | Wait, wait, wait. What are you doing? | 等等 等等 你这是干嘛呢 |
[05:33] | I’m mashing the potatoes. | 捣土豆啊 |
[05:35] | By hand? You’re supposed to whip potatoes. | 用手捣吗 做土豆得靠搅的 |
[05:37] | That way, every bite tastes the same. | 这样每一口的味道才能一样 |
[05:39] | Well, isn’t that a bit bland? | 那样不会太平淡无味了吗 |
[05:41] | Hello. Welcome to potatoes. | 那是土豆 你想要啥味啊 |
[05:46] | Could you just once cook a traditional Thanksgiving meal? | 你就不能做一次传统感恩节晚餐吗 |
[05:50] | I mean, look at this cranberry sauce. | 看看这蔓越莓酱 |
[05:52] | It’s supposed to keep the shape of the can– | 取出来后 应该让它保持罐头状 |
[05:54] | quiver a little bit. | 颤颤悠悠的 |
[05:57] | What are all these little chunks in there? | 这一块一块的是什么啊 |
[05:59] | Those are cranberries. | 那是蔓越莓 |
[06:00] | Dad, here you are. One frozen pumpkin pie as requested. | 老爸 按你说的 买了一个冻南瓜派 |
[06:04] | Honestly, wouldn’t you rather I just bake a pie from scratch? | 讲真 我自己动手做岂不是更好吗 |
[06:07] | Is it that you can’t learn or you won’t learn? | 你是学不会传统啊 还是压根不想学 |
[06:11] | I’m done setting the table. | 我摆好桌子了 |
[06:13] | Oh, you set the table. | 你摆桌子了啊 |
[06:14] | That’s very nice, very elegant, Frederick. | 做的真棒 Frederick |
[06:16] | Oh, yes, Freddy’s been quite the little helper. | 是啊 Freddy帮了可多忙了 |
[06:18] | Every time I bend over to check the turkey, there he is. | 每次我弯下腰看火鸡 他就跑来了 |
[06:26] | So, Lilith, tell me about this article you’re writing. | Lilith 说说你在写的文章吧 |
[06:28] | It’s about me. | 写的是我 |
[06:30] | Essentially, yes. | 本质上说 是的 |
[06:31] | I was talking to a friend | 我之前跟一个 |
[06:33] | who works at the New York Times Magazine | 在纽约时报工作的朋友 |
[06:34] | about raising a child after divorce. | 谈起了离婚后育子的话题 |
[06:36] | And she pointed out that, as a psychiatrist, | 她指出 作为一个心理学家 |
[06:38] | I might have a unique perspective. | 我可能会有独到的观点 |
[06:40] | You know, since it’s about me, | 既然是写我的 |
[06:43] | shouldn’t I get something for it? | 是不是应该给我点报酬 |
[06:45] | You’re not getting a minibike. | 我才不给你买小摩托车呢 |
[06:47] | But, Mom… | 可是 妈妈 |
[06:48] | We have talked about this. | 我们说过这事了 |
[06:49] | You can get one when you’re 15. | 等你到了十五岁 再给你买 |
[06:51] | But all my friends have minibikes. | 可是我所有的朋友都有啊 |
[06:52] | Yes, and if all of your friends decided to enter | 是嘛 那要是他们都想进一个 |
[06:55] | a level-four biohazard area | 四级生化危害区 |
[06:57] | without their environmental containment suits, | 还不穿保护服 |
[06:59] | would you do that, too? | 你也跟着进去吗 |
[07:00] | This is different. | 这就不是一回事嘛 |
[07:02] | No, it’s not. | 不 就是一回事 |
[07:03] | Dad? | 爸爸 |
[07:04] | Sorry, Frederick. I’m with your mother on this one. | 抱歉 Frederick 我支持你妈妈 |
[07:07] | Dinner’s almost ready. | 要开饭咯 |
[07:08] | Excuse me. | 失陪一下 |
[07:13] | You know what I think, Dad? | 知道我怎么想的吗 爸爸 |
[07:15] | You and Mom should write this article together. | 你应该和妈妈一起写这篇文章 |
[07:17] | Well, I’m sure your mother can write it without my help. | 我相信你妈妈不需要我的帮助 |
[07:20] | But it was her idea. | 但是她想和你一起写 |
[07:21] | She told me on the plane how much easier it would be. | 她在飞机上说 要是你和她一起写 就容易多了 |
[07:24] | I just don’t think she knows how to ask you. | 她可能不知道怎么向你开口 |
[07:27] | It is an intriguing idea. | 有点意思 |
[07:29] | Frasier, I could use some help out here. | Frasier 来帮把手 |
[07:31] | He’s picking the raisins out of the stuffing. | 他要把填料里的葡萄干挑出来 |
[07:33] | Oh, Lord. | 天呐 |
[07:35] | All right, coming, Dad. | 好吧 来了 老爸 |
[07:40] | You know, I think you and Dad | 我觉得 你应该和爸爸 |
[07:43] | should write this article together. | 一起写这篇文章 |
[07:44] | Together? Well, I think the last thing your father wants | 一起写 我觉得你爸爸最讨厌的事情 |
[07:48] | is to collaborate with me. | 就是跟我合作 |
[07:49] | It was his idea. | 这是他的主意啊 |
[07:51] | He just told me how much fun it would be. | 他刚刚说 一起写肯定很有意思 |
[07:54] | Well, it’s an interesting notion. | 好吧 有点意思 |
[07:56] | Beautiful job carving that turkey, Dr. Crane. | Crane医生 火鸡切得漂亮啊 |
[07:58] | Well, I picked up a thing or two in medical school. | 我在医学院学到了一招半式 |
[08:03] | In case you’re wondering, this bird appears | 我还知道 这只鸡 |
[08:04] | to have died of a massive head trauma. | 死于头部受到的重击 |
[08:08] | Did you wash your hands, Frederick? | 你洗手了吗 Frederick |
[08:10] | Yeah. Uncle Niles even showed me how | 洗了 Niles叔叔还教我 |
[08:12] | to open the door with my elbow | 怎样用肘部撞开门 |
[08:13] | so I don’t need to touch the handle. | 这样就不用摸门把了 |
[08:16] | What are uncles for? | 叔叔就是干这个的嘛 |
[08:18] | Daphne, is your fiance joining us? | Daphne 你未婚夫一起来吃饭吗 |
[08:20] | No. I’ll be seeing him later. | 不 我晚点再见他 |
[08:22] | Donny has his own Thanksgiving tradition. | Donny有自己的感恩节习俗 |
[08:24] | He has a dinner for all the divorced men | 他要和这一年请他打离婚官司的男人们 |
[08:25] | he’s represented during the year. | 一起吃饭 |
[08:27] | He’s hosting 25 today. | 今年请了25人呢 |
[08:29] | Wow. 25 lonely, bitter men. | 哇 25个寂寞又毒舌的男人 |
[08:31] | It’s been a good year. | 今年收成特别好 |
[08:36] | Uncle Niles, Mom’s writing an article about me. | Niles叔叔 妈妈正在写一篇关于我的文章 |
[08:39] | Really? | 是吗 |
[08:40] | It’s about raising a child after divorce. | 是讲离婚后育子问题的 |
[08:43] | Yes, it sounds fascinating, doesn’t it? | 听起来不错 是吧 |
[08:45] | It’s a subject that’s very near and dear to my own heart. | 这个话题跟我的领域很相关啊 |
[08:47] | Are you suggesting we collaborate? | 你是想一起合作吗 |
[08:50] | Well, if you think I might be helpful. | 要是你觉得我能帮上点忙的话 |
[08:52] | What a great idea. You can write it together. | 太好了 你们可以一起写了 |
[08:54] | I’d be willing. | 我没问题啊 |
[08:56] | Well, we certainly did well on our first collaboration. | 我们第一次的合作显然很成功 |
[08:59] | You know, Lilith, we could probably get most of it done | Lilith 我们可以趁你在这边过周末 |
[09:00] | in the time you’re still here in town. | 完成大部分的写作 |
[09:02] | And if she stayed here, | 要是妈妈住在这 |
[09:03] | you can finish the whole thing. | 你们能全部写完呢 |
[09:04] | Well, guess it’ll be all right by me. | 好吧 我没问题啊 |
[09:08] | Daphne, would that be too much of an imposition? | Daphne 这样家里会不会住不下啊 |
[09:10] | Not at all. I’ll be spending the weekend with Donny. | 不会的 我周末和Donny在一起 |
[09:12] | Now, where is your father with that gravy? | 你老爸把肉汁拿哪去了 |
[09:15] | Well, then I’ll stay here. | 好吧 那我就住在这吧 |
[09:17] | Although, maybe we should run this by your father. | 不过 我们应该先问问你爸爸的意见 |
[09:24] | No need. | 我看不用了 |
[09:36] | Yes. I think we should have something | 我们应该写一些关于 |
[09:39] | about non custodial parents and discipline. | 无监护权一方家长及其行为准则的内容 |
[09:41] | Exactly. | 是啊 |
[09:43] | The weekend father | 每周末才能见的父亲 |
[09:43] | need not be a weakened father. | 并不一定是弱势的父亲 |
[09:47] | Frasier, you still have a direct line to my funny bone. | Frasier 你总是能直达我的笑点 |
[09:53] | Thank goodness, the line wasn’t busy. | 谢天谢地 通往你笑点的路比较通畅 |
[09:54] | Now, stop. If we laugh all night, | 好啦 别闹了 要是我们一直这样 |
[09:56] | we’ll never get any work done. | 就啥也写不成了 |
[10:02] | Hey, Frederick, I’m leaving. | 嘿 Frederick 我要走了 |
[10:04] | I just… | 我想 |
[10:05] | What you doing? | 你干嘛呢 |
[10:07] | I’m saving the universe. You want to help? | 拯救宇宙 一起来吗 |
[10:09] | I wouldn’t know where to begin. | 我不知道怎么玩啊 |
[10:11] | It’s easy. I’ll show you. | 很简单的 我教你 |
[10:13] | Oh, all right. What do I do? | 好吧 我怎么做 |
[10:15] | That’s your guy. | 这是你 |
[10:16] | You’ve just escaped | 你刚从银河系 |
[10:17] | from an intergalactic maximum security prison pod. | 防卫最森严的监狱逃脱 |
[10:20] | Like they could hold me. | 好像森严就能关住我似的 |
[10:23] | Now, once you leave this chamber, | 你离开这个屋子后 |
[10:24] | you can go left or right, | 可以往左也可以往右走 |
[10:26] | and different things will happen to you. | 两边各有不同的机关 |
[10:27] | Okay. | 好的 |
[10:31] | What happened? | 怎么回事 |
[10:32] | Wow. I never saw the guy trip and fall before. | 哇 我还没看过他摔倒跌死呢 |
[10:38] | Try it again. | 再来一局 |
[10:39] | You have two lives left. | 你还有两条命 |
[10:44] | I… can’t seem to get out of this room. | 我怎么就走不出这个屋呢 |
[10:46] | Is this some sort of advanced level? | 这是高难度的关卡吗 |
[10:48] | No. | 不是 |
[10:48] | This is, like, the training area. | 这个就是训练场啊 |
[10:51] | I didn’t even know you could die here. | 我都不知道在这也可以死的 |
[10:59] | I have to get out of this room. | 我必须从这里闯出去 |
[11:01] | The reset button is on the right. | 按右边的键可以重来 |
[11:03] | – You want something to drink? – Quiet. | – 想喝点什么吗 – 嘘 |
[11:07] | Hi, Dad. | 嗨 爸爸 |
[11:08] | Oh. Hi, son. | 嗨 儿子 |
[11:09] | How’s the writing? | 文章写得怎么样 |
[11:11] | Well, it’s coming along nicely, thanks. | 进展不错 谢谢 |
[11:13] | Mom wants to know if you’d bring out a little wine. | 妈妈想让你帮她倒一杯酒 |
[11:16] | Oh, all right. | 好吧 |
[11:18] | You know, it’s great to see you and Mom working together. | 看到你俩一起工作 我真高兴 |
[11:21] | – I think she kind of misses you. – Really? | – 妈妈好像有点想你 – 真的吗 |
[11:24] | Yeah. She talks about you all the time, | 是啊 她总说起你 |
[11:26] | you know, how wonderful you are, | 你有多么多么好 |
[11:28] | and how she’s never met another man like you. | 她再也遇不到像你一样的人 |
[11:31] | You go take that out to her. | 你把酒拿给她吧 |
[11:33] | I’ll finish up in here. | 我帮你收拾 |
[11:35] | Thank you, son. | 谢谢 儿子 |
[11:40] | There you are. | 请慢用 |
[11:43] | Oh. Oh, thank you. | 哦 哦 谢谢 |
[11:45] | Um, I’ve been rearranging this outline. | 我重新调了一下大纲 |
[11:46] | Why don’t you take a look? | 你看一下吧 |
[11:47] | Uh, looks fine. | 看着不错 |
[11:50] | Frasier, you can’t see it from there. Sit down. | Frasier 你离那么远能看见吗 坐下吧 |
[11:56] | You know, I’m really enjoying this collaboration. | 我很享受这次的合作 |
[11:58] | Me, too. | 我也是 |
[12:00] | Is it me, or is it getting warm? | 怎么觉得越来越热了 |
[12:04] | It is a little warm. | 是有点热 |
[12:06] | All right, boy, I’m coming. | 好了 乖 我就来了 |
[12:08] | I’m coming. | 来了呢 |
[12:10] | You know, Dad, let me walk you out. | 老爸 我送送你 |
[12:12] | – Okay. – Something I want to discuss with you. | – 好 – 顺便跟你说点事 |
[12:15] | You know, I’ve never seen him so eager to take a walk. | 从没见他这么想出去遛弯 |
[12:18] | I wonder what… Oh, right. | 是不是有什么 |
[12:20] | Oh, right. | 原来如此 |
[12:25] | Hey, Mom, how’s the article going? | 嘿 妈妈 文章写的怎么样了 |
[12:27] | Very well, thank you. | 很好啊 谢谢 |
[12:28] | You know, I’ve never seen Dad this happy. | 我从来没见爸爸这么高兴过 |
[12:31] | Oh? What do you mean? | 什么意思 |
[12:33] | Well, all he does is talk about you– | 他一直在说起你呢 |
[12:36] | how pretty you look, | 你看起来多么美 |
[12:38] | and how smart you are… | 你是多么的有智慧 |
[12:40] | and how much he misses you. | 还有他多么想你 |
[12:45] | What makes you think she’s coming on to you? | 你为什么觉得她想和好 |
[12:47] | Well, actually, Frederick told me. | 其实是Frederick告诉我的 |
[12:50] | But, you know, it actually makes sense. | 但是 其实这也说得通 |
[12:51] | I mean, this colleague of hers gets mysteriously ill; | 你想啊 她同事突然就病了 |
[12:55] | she lassos me into writing this article with her, | 她引诱我一起写文章 |
[12:56] | then all of a sudden, before I know it, | 然后突然之间 我都来不及反应 |
[12:58] | the bun is off, she’s waggling a bare shoulder at me. | 她就把外套脱了 冲我晃她的肩膀 |
[12:59] | Oh, please. Some of us just had a big meal. | 别说了 咱可刚吃完饭 |
[13:05] | It’s not your turn yet. I still have two more lives. | 还没到你 我还剩两条命呢 |
[13:08] | It’s Lilith. | 是我 Lilith |
[13:13] | I need to talk to you. | 我得和你谈谈 |
[13:15] | Does the door have to be closed? | 非得关门谈吗 |
[13:17] | I think it’s best. It’s of a personal nature. | 这样最好 话题比较敏感 |
[13:20] | What’s this about? | 怎么回事 |
[13:22] | Well, it’s about an attraction that I thought was over, | 我本以为已结束的一段关系 |
[13:25] | and now I’m beginning to think maybe it’s not. | 现在看来 也许并未结束 |
[13:28] | Usually, in my dreams this is where I try to run and can’t. | 通常我梦到这 就开始想跑 却跑不了 |
[13:33] | This isn’t about you, you egomaniac. | 我才没说你呢 你个自大狂 |
[13:36] | This is about Frasier. | 我在说Frasier |
[13:38] | I think he wants us together again. | 我觉得他想让我们和好 |
[13:40] | He knows how I feel about you. | 他知道我对你的看法 |
[13:42] | Not us! Me and Frasier! | “我们”不是你和我 是我和Frasier |
[13:45] | Is there a chair here I could talk to? | 简直是对牛弹琴 |
[13:52] | Well, what makes you think | 他做了什么 |
[13:53] | he wants you to get back together? | 让你觉得他想和好呢 |
[13:54] | Well, first, he offers to collaborate on this article. | 首先 他提议要一起写文章 |
[13:59] | Now he’s plying me with wine. | 后来他又给我上酒 |
[14:00] | At this very moment, | 就现在 |
[14:01] | I suspect he’s asking your father to clear out for the night. | 我估计他正叫你老爸今晚别回来呢 |
[14:04] | Well, so he took a professional interest in your article, | 职业所致 他对你的文章产生了兴趣 |
[14:07] | and he offered you some wine on Thanksgiving. | 恰逢感恩节 就给你倒了杯酒 |
[14:10] | Now who’s the egomaniac? | 到底谁是自大狂啊 |
[14:13] | Perhaps I am overreacting. | 也许是我想多了 |
[14:16] | I’ll just have to keep my eyes peeled | 我得睁大了眼睛 |
[14:17] | for more conclusive evidence. | 寻找更确凿的证据 |
[14:20] | I didn’t know there was a door there. | 我怎么没发现这有个门 |
[14:23] | Then again, maybe I’ve just made | 也可能只是我自己 |
[14:24] | this whole thing up in my head. | 想得太多了 |
[14:26] | Tell you what, Dad. | 对了 老爸 |
[14:27] | Take a minute, and then come back in. | 你等一会 然后再进屋 |
[14:30] | See what you think is going on in there, | 你看看屋里的情况 |
[14:32] | and then find some subtle way to tell me what you think. | 然后找个法子告诉我你的想法 |
[14:34] | All right, okay, uh, just give me a minute. | 好 好 等我一小会 |
[15:05] | – Frasier – Lilith – Frasier. – Lilith. | |
[15:08] | Well, isn’t this… nice? | 这 挺不错的嘛 |
[15:10] | Yes. Very nice. | 是啊 相当不错 |
[15:14] | Oh, uh, excuse me again. | 哦 打扰了 |
[15:16] | I just came back to get an umbrella in case it rains. | 我就回来拿把伞以防下雨 |
[15:19] | But I hope it doesn’t, ’cause Eddie’s just dying | 希望别下 Eddie特别想玩 |
[15:21] | to play this new game I taught him. | 我教他的新游戏 |
[15:23] | I take off his leash, and I say, “Run for your life!” | 我摘了他的狗链 告诉他”快逃命吧” |
[15:27] | That’s exactly what I say: “Run for your life!” | 我就是这么和他说的 “快逃命吧” |
[15:30] | – Thank you, Dad. – Okay. | – 谢谢 老爸 – 好 |
[15:32] | Run for your life! | 快逃命吧 |
[15:36] | Frasier, we have to talk. | Frasier 我们得谈谈 |
[15:38] | Yes, Lilith, we do. | 是的 Lilith 我们是该谈 |
[15:39] | I mean, I can’t just sit here all night, | 我没法在这坐一晚上 |
[15:41] | waiting for you to make your move. | 等你采取行动 |
[15:44] | Well, you’ve just got this all worked out, haven’t you? | 一步步的都算计好了 不是吗 |
[15:46] | Well, let’s see. | 你说呢 |
[15:47] | Candlelight, wine, soft music– What else do I need? | 蜡烛 红酒 音乐 这还不够吗 |
[15:51] | I don’t know what’s worse– | 真不知道哪个更糟 |
[15:53] | that you want me back, or that you think | 是你想和好 还是你认为 |
[15:54] | I could be won so easily. | 我这么轻易就能被搞定 |
[15:56] | Wait. You think I’m responsible for this? | 等等 你觉得这一切都是我的意思 |
[15:58] | You assume you can just snap your fingers, | 你以为自己打个响指 |
[15:59] | and old Frasier will come a-running? | 老Frasier就会屁颠屁颠地回来了吗 |
[16:01] | Well, I’m sorry. It doesn’t work that way, sister. | 抱歉 门都没有 姐们 |
[16:03] | First of all, I have to be finessed! | 首先 想和好必须精心策划 |
[16:08] | I didn’t do any of this. | 这些都不是我弄的 |
[16:09] | And if you didn’t either, then someone is setting us up. | 如果也不是你做的 那我们一定是被人设计了 |
[16:14] | But who… | 但是 谁呢 |
[16:16] | Frederick Frederick. | |
[16:19] | He told me that you’ve been pining for me. | 他跟我说 你很想我 |
[16:22] | He just told me the same about you. | 他跟我也是这么说的 |
[16:26] | Good Lord. | 老天爷啊 |
[16:28] | Here we are writing an article | 我们正在写一篇 |
[16:28] | on taking your child through a divorce, and… | 如何在离婚后照顾孩子的文章 |
[16:31] | our own son is nursing a hopeless fantasy | 而我们的儿子却在无望地 |
[16:33] | that we’ll get back together. | 期盼我们能够和好 |
[16:35] | We’ve got to go talk with him. | 我们得找他谈谈 |
[16:37] | Now, wait a minute. Something is not right here. | 等等 事情有点不对劲 |
[16:40] | When has Frederick ever expressed | Frederick什么时候表现出过 |
[16:41] | the slightest desire to see us together? | 哪怕是一点想让我们和好的意思 |
[16:44] | He could have been sublimating it for years. | 可能是时间长了 他开始想了嘛 |
[16:46] | Yeah, even so, he lied to both of us. | 即便如此 他对我们都撒谎了 |
[16:49] | He had to have known that we’d compare notes. | 他一定知道 我们俩一通气 他就露陷了 |
[16:51] | All right, so his plan was a little artless. | 好吧 他的计划有点漏洞 |
[16:53] | Unless that’s exactly what he wanted. | 除非 这就是他的本意 |
[16:56] | – What do you mean? – Think about it. | – 什么意思 – 想想吧 |
[16:58] | He makes us believe that he wants us together. | 他让我们以为 他想让我们和好 |
[17:01] | Of course, we have to tell him that’s not going to happen. | 当然 我们必须得告诉他 这不可能 |
[17:03] | His hopes are dashed, and we feel so guilty | 他的愿望破碎了 我们深感愧疚 |
[17:05] | that we compensate by getting him something he wants. | 之后就要给他买点什么作为补偿 |
[17:10] | A minibike? | 小摩托车 |
[17:11] | That’s a very clever little boy we have. | 我们的儿子太聪明了 |
[17:15] | God, could he actually be so devious? | 天呐 他怎么能这么邪恶呢 |
[17:17] | Oh, well, if he wants something badly enough, | 是啊 要是他非常想要什么 |
[17:19] | he will figure out a way to get it. | 他总能想办法搞到 |
[17:20] | Remember when he was a baby– | 记得他还是婴儿时 |
[17:22] | the bottle at the end of the maze? | 我们放在迷宫出口的奶瓶吗 |
[17:30] | You know, I kind of regret doing that. | 我其实对那么做有点后悔 |
[17:34] | Frederick Frederick! | |
[17:35] | What are you going to do, | 你想干嘛 |
[17:36] | just come out and ask him? | 就这么叫他出来对质 |
[17:37] | No, of course not. He’ll only deny it. | 不 才不呢 他肯定不承认 |
[17:39] | What, then? | 然后呢 |
[17:39] | Just go with me on this. All right. | – 看我脸色行事吧 – 好吧 |
[17:41] | Frederick, have a seat. We need to talk to you. | Frederick 坐 我们得和你谈谈 |
[17:44] | What about? | 谈什么 |
[17:46] | We know that you’ve been trying | 我们知道你一直 |
[17:47] | to maneuver us together, and it’s only natural | 想方设法撮合我们和好 |
[17:50] | for a child of divorce to want that. | 父母离婚了 孩子自然都想这样做 |
[17:53] | Generally speaking, your plan would be fruitless, | 说实话 你的计划本来不管用的 |
[17:55] | but when your father and I let down our guard | 但我和你爸爸敞开心扉 |
[17:58] | and looked at each other in the candlelight, | 在烛光下凝视彼此时 |
[18:00] | we realized that we belong together. | 才意识到 我们应该在一起 |
[18:03] | In other words… we’re getting remarried. | 也就是说 我们要复婚了 |
[18:10] | Do you really mean it? | 真的吗 |
[18:14] | This is going to be the best Christmas ever. | 这真是最好的圣诞节了 |
[18:17] | I’m going to go tell Uncle Niles. | 我要告诉Niles叔叔 |
[18:21] | Have you lost your mind?! | 你疯了吗 |
[18:23] | He’s cooler than I thought. | 他比我想象中要冷静 |
[18:24] | Cooler? This isn’t a game of poker. | 冷静 你以为这是打扑克呢 |
[18:28] | This is our son being lied to by his parents. | 我们做父母的对孩子撒谎了 |
[18:31] | We’ve got to go in there, tell him the truth, | 我们得进去 告诉他实话 |
[18:32] | and make it up to him | 然后弥补他 |
[18:33] | even if it takes a fleet of minibikes. | 送他一个小摩托车队也在所不辞 |
[18:35] | No, no, no, Frasier. | 不不不 Frasier |
[18:36] | No, see, we called his bluff. | 我们刚破了他的诈 |
[18:39] | Now he’s calling ours. | 现在他正等着破我们的呢 |
[18:40] | The question is, what’s our next move? | 问题是 我们下一步该怎么做 |
[18:42] | Oh, I know. Why don’t we just consult this handy | 我知道了 干嘛不看看我们刚写的 |
[18:44] | little guide for divorced parents? | 离婚夫妻育子指南 |
[18:49] | We can’t blink first. | 我们不能先屈服 |
[18:50] | We’ve got to up the ante. | 我们得加注 |
[18:51] | Good idea, Lilith. You know what? | 好主意 Lilith 我们干脆 |
[18:53] | Let’s go in there and promise him | 进去骗他说 |
[18:54] | the baby brother he’ll never have! | 我们要给他生个小弟弟 |
[19:03] | What’s this joyous news I hear? | 我这是听到了什么好消息啊 |
[19:07] | You know, Frederick, | 知道吗 Frederick |
[19:08] | you’re going to have to give up all of your friends | 你得和所有的朋友说再见了 |
[19:11] | because we’re going to live here in Seattle. | 因为我们要搬到西雅图了 |
[19:13] | I’d live anywhere to be a family again. | 只要有个完整的家庭 住哪都行 |
[19:17] | So, it is true. Congratulations to you both. Good night. | 看来是真的 祝贺你们俩 晚安 |
[19:23] | – Don’t you want your coat, Uncle Niles? – No, thank you. | – Niles叔叔 你不穿外套了吗 – 不了 谢谢 |
[19:26] | I’m going to go call my friends. | 我这就去给朋友打电话 |
[19:31] | I love you. | 我爱你们 |
[19:33] | I don’t understand. I was so sure. | 我不懂了 我本来很确定的 |
[19:36] | Oh, gee, don’t be so tough on yourself, Lilith. | 天呐 别对自己要求太高了 Lilith |
[19:39] | After all, what parent doesn’t, at one time or another, | 毕竟 父母也不总是 |
[19:42] | completely obliterate their child’s chances | 会彻底抹杀掉自己孩子 |
[19:43] | of ever trusting another human being? | 对他人的信任的 |
[19:49] | Ah, well, there he is, telling his friends | 现在好了 他去告诉朋友们 |
[19:54] | that all his dreams have come true. | 他的梦想要实现了 |
[19:57] | Unless that’s what he wants us to think. | 除非这也是他的一计 |
[19:59] | When will you stop? | 你有完没完 |
[20:02] | It worked. | 计划成功了 |
[20:03] | All I did was tap into my parents’ feelings of inadequacy, | 我就是利用了一下爸妈的愧疚感 |
[20:06] | and they crumbled. | 他们就屈服了 |
[20:07] | What does that mean? | 什么意思 |
[20:08] | I’m getting a minibike. | 我要有小摩托车了 |
[20:12] | – Frederick. – Uh-oh. | – Frederick -啊哦 |
[20:18] | Do I know my son, or do I know my son? | 我是了解自己儿子呢 还是了解自己儿子呢 |
[20:22] | He was willing to put us through absolute hell | 为了一辆小摩托车 他就要 |
[20:24] | just for a minibike? | 置我们于如此境地 |
[20:26] | You know what this means, don’t you? | 你知道这意味着什么吧 |
[20:27] | Yes, he’s normal; we’re not bad parents. | 是啊 他很正常 我们不是坏家长 |
[20:29] | Well done, Dr. Sternin. | 干得漂亮 Sternin医生 |
[20:31] | Well done, Dr. Crane. | 干得漂亮 Crane医生 |
[20:36] | Well, we really should get in there. | 好了 我们该进屋了 |
[20:39] | Yes, I suppose we should. | 是啊 我们是该进去了 |
[20:41] | Must be sheer torment for him | 等待斧子落到自己脖子上 |
[20:43] | waiting for the ax to fall. | 对他来说一定很痛苦 |
[20:44] | Absolute hell. | 地狱般痛苦 |
[20:45] | Absolute nightmare. | 噩梦般痛苦 |
[20:48] | Wine? | 来点酒吗 |
[20:49] | Love some. | 好啊 |