时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:11] | Rappy Rirfday, Rasier. | 僧日快乐汪 Rasier |
[00:21] | Why, Eddie, you can talk. | 哇 Eddie 你会说话啦 |
[00:25] | I’ve always been able to talk. | 我一直都会说话 |
[00:28] | I just save it for special occasions | 但只有特殊的场合才说 |
[00:30] | like somebody’s rirfday. | 比如在某人的僧日汪 |
[00:32] | Yes, yes, Eddie, thank you very much. | 好吧好吧 Eddie 非常感谢 |
[00:34] | But listen, I’d like to talk about Dad. | 但是我想跟你聊聊老爸的事 |
[00:36] | I think his mind may be slipping. | 我觉得他有点精神失常了 |
[00:39] | Hey, don’t say stuff like that to him. | 喂 别和他说这些 |
[00:41] | He’s a dog– he might not know you’re joking. | 他是狗狗 他分辨不出你是在开玩笑呢 |
[00:43] | Why, Dad, I didn’t even know you were here. | 哇 老爸 原来你也在家呢 |
[00:46] | Hahaha. Yes. | 哈哈哈 是啊 |
[00:47] | Well, just give me a couple more minutes | 再等我一会 |
[00:49] | and I’ll have your birthday breakfast all ready. | 你的生日早餐就弄好了 |
[00:51] | Come on, Eddie. | 来吧 Eddie |
[00:52] | Right behind you. | 来了 |
[01:00] | Oh, well, that’s very nice, Dad. | 哇 很丰盛嘛 老爸 |
[01:02] | Yes. | 是啊 |
[01:03] | Oh, and look what I got. | 哦 看我搞来了什么 |
[01:05] | A newspaper from the day you were born. | 你出生那天的报纸 |
[01:07] | I keep telling you to clean out | 我早就说 你得把你衣柜里的 |
[01:08] | that closet of yours. | 旧东西清一清 |
[01:10] | I ordered it. | 我特意定的这份 |
[01:12] | Yes, well, let’s just see | 好吧 我们来看看 |
[01:14] | what other wonders occurred on that day. | 那一天还发生了什么奇迹 |
[01:18] | “Suspected pinko ousted from crossing guard post.” | “疑似左倾分子因冲击岗哨被驱逐” |
[01:24] | What a jolly world I was born in to. | 我真是降生在了一个美好的世界 |
[01:26] | Now, I know tonight’s your party… | 我知道今晚你要办派对 |
[01:28] | …but here. | 所以我提前 |
[01:30] | Happy Birthday. | 祝你生日快乐 |
[01:32] | Make a wish. | 许个愿吧 |
[01:34] | Dad, thank you. | 谢谢你 老爸 |
[01:38] | What’s the matter? | 怎么了 |
[01:39] | My back… | 我的后背 |
[01:41] | Oh. | 噢 |
[01:42] | …it’s completely seized up. | 完全僵住了 |
[01:43] | Oh, okay. Well, come on. | 哦 好吧 来 |
[01:45] | Now just take it easy. | 慢慢放松 |
[01:46] | There you go. | 来坐下 |
[01:47] | – Real slow. – I-I… | – 慢慢来 – 我 我 |
[01:48] | There you go. | 好了 坐下吧 |
[01:50] | Oh, my God. | 哦 天呐 |
[01:51] | It’s been a little tender lately. | 最近后背是有点脆弱 |
[01:53] | I-I went to see the doctor last week. | 我 我上周还去看医生了 |
[01:55] | He told me there was absolutely nothing wrong with it. | 可是医生说我后背完全没问题啊 |
[01:57] | Doctors never tell you anything. | 医生从来不说实在的 |
[01:58] | They’re just a bunch of overpaid quacks. | 就是一帮只会收钱的骗子 |
[02:00] | Oh, I’m sorry. | 哦 对不起 |
[02:02] | I don’t mean you. | 我没说你 |
[02:03] | I mean, I’m talking about real doctors. | 我是说 那些正经医生 |
[02:07] | How could this be happening to me? | 我怎么会扭到后背呢 |
[02:08] | I’m always so conscientious about back safety. | 我很注意背部保养的 |
[02:10] | Why, just the other day, | 就在前几天 |
[02:11] | you know, when I needed that large, heavy stack of books | 我需要从地下储藏室 |
[02:13] | from down in the storage room | 搬几摞大厚书上来时 |
[02:15] | I insisted that Daphne make three trips. | 我让Daphne分了三次搬呢 |
[02:18] | Well, you know what, | 对了 |
[02:19] | I’ve got that old girdle in my bedroom. | 我卧室里还有之前用过的束腰呢 |
[02:21] | – Let me go get it. That should do it. – Dad, please. | – 我去拿给你 那肯定管用 – 老爸 别 |
[02:23] | I’m not wearing anything called a girdle. | 我才不要带叫束腰的东西呢 |
[02:25] | What if I called it a back brace? | 那要是叫它腰带呢 |
[02:28] | Get it! | 去拿吧 |
[02:38] | Daphne Daphne? | |
[02:43] | Good God! | 老天爷啊 |
[02:49] | Coming! | 来了 |
[02:52] | Oh! | 噢 |
[02:54] | This wouldn’t be taking me so long | 要是我的管家在家的话 |
[02:58] | if my housekeeper were here. | 门早就开了 |
[03:03] | I’m a physical therapist. | 我是个治疗师好吗 |
[03:06] | Perhaps you could get me into a chair. | 那正好把我送回椅子上吧 |
[03:08] | Oh, goodness! | 哦 天呐 |
[03:09] | Is your back bothering you again? | 你又拉伤后背了 |
[03:11] | Thank you. Thank you, Daph. | 多谢 多谢 Daph |
[03:11] | Oh, I’m sorry I made you get up. | 哦 真抱歉让你起来开门 |
[03:13] | I forgot my key. | 我忘带钥匙了 |
[03:14] | You know, perhaps you should get | 你应该在Donny家里 |
[03:15] | a spare set made just to keep at Donny’s. | 也放一把备用钥匙 |
[03:17] | For God’s sake, you’re practically living there as it is. | 你现在基本上都住在那边了 |
[03:19] | Oh, now, Dr. Crane, you better get used to it. | 噢 Crane医生 你得习惯一下啊 |
[03:21] | Once I’m married, I will be living there. | 等我结婚了 我就真住在那边了 |
[03:23] | I know what’ll help that back | 要缓解背痛 |
[03:25] | a nice massage. | 最好来个按摩 |
[03:26] | Here you go. | 拿来了 |
[03:27] | Oh, the girdle. | 哦 束腰来了 |
[03:28] | That’ll help. | 这也能缓解疼痛 |
[03:30] | Now, listen, | 听着 |
[03:31] | it’s kind of hard to put on by yourself, | 自己不好带上 |
[03:33] | but if Daphne holds one end and I hold the other | Daphne可以拿着一头 我拿另一头 |
[03:34] | you can kind of spin into it. | 这样你就能钻进去了 |
[03:35] | Please, Dad, this is humiliating enough as it is. | 好了 老爸 光戴这破玩意就够丢人的了 |
[03:38] | What’s humiliating about it? | 哪丢人了 |
[03:39] | Now, you just hook it in the back, like a bra. | 你就从背后把它系上就行了 跟穿文胸一样 |
[03:41] | Just give me that! | 快给我吧 |
[03:46] | Mr. Crane, does it bother you when I stay over at Donny’s? | Crane先生 我在Donny家过夜 你没意见吧 |
[03:50] | No. | 没有啊 |
[03:50] | Well, it seems to bother Dr. Crane. | 好吧 但我觉得Crane医生有点不高兴 |
[03:52] | Oh, he’s just cranky because of his back. | 哦 他就是因为背痛才耍脾气的 |
[03:54] | Good Lord! | 老天啊 |
[03:55] | Queen Elizabeth had another baby. | 伊丽莎白女皇又生孩子了 |
[03:59] | I don’t care what science can do. | 不管她用了什么高科技 |
[04:02] | It’s just not right. | 这简直是丧心病狂 |
[04:09] | Yes. Oh, that’ll be just fine right there. | 是啊 哦 放在那正好 |
[04:12] | Be sure to thank the gang for the flowers, Connie. | 一定帮我谢谢大家啊 Connie |
[04:15] | You’re welcome, Dr. Crane. | 客气了 Crane医生 |
[04:17] | Happy Birthday. | 生日快乐 |
[04:19] | Birthday? | 生日 |
[04:21] | Happy Birthday, Frasier. | 生日快乐 Frasier |
[04:23] | Thank you, Roz. | 谢谢 Roz |
[04:25] | It’s not off to the best start, though. | 今天一早就倒霉 |
[04:28] | My back is out. | 我把后背拉伤了 |
[04:30] | Why don’t you go home? | 那你怎么不回家养着 |
[04:30] | We’ll just air The Best of Crane. | 我们播Crane精选集就好了 |
[04:32] | I’ll drop your gift by later. | 我过后再把礼物送过去 |
[04:33] | No, no, Roz. | 不 不 Roz |
[04:35] | Couldn’t do that. | 我不能这样 |
[04:36] | I promised my listeners | 我跟听众保证过 |
[04:37] | that I’d read a birthday address. | 要发表一番生日感言的 |
[04:39] | Well, uh, people might have forgotten. | 可是 呃 听众可能不记得了呢 |
[04:42] | People do have busy lives, you know? | 大家都很忙嘛 |
[04:44] | No, Roz, I announced it twice. | 不会的 Roz 我特意强调了两次呢 |
[04:47] | Anyone paying even the slightest attention | 只要稍稍注意一丢丢 |
[04:49] | would know. | 就会记得的 |
[04:50] | Say, what are you doing over there? | 话说 你在那干嘛呢 |
[04:52] | Just, uh, wondering when to surprise you | 呃 想着什么时候才能拿出礼物 |
[04:56] | with your present! | 给你个惊喜啊 |
[04:58] | Oh, Roz. Oh… | 噢 Roz 噢 |
[05:00] | Guess now is as good a time as any. | 估计现在拿出来就好啦 |
[05:02] | You know, we keep promising each other | 我们不是说好了嘛 |
[05:03] | we’re not going to do this. | 不互送礼物的 |
[05:04] | We have to stop spoiling one another. | 我们不能再这么宠溺彼此了 |
[05:06] | What am I supposed to do, | 那我该怎么办呢 |
[05:07] | just forget your birthday? | 难道要忘记你的生日吗 |
[05:09] | Oh… | 噢 |
[05:10] | Oh, good Lord, Roz. | 哦 天呐 Roz |
[05:11] | You know, I read | 我最近刚读过 |
[05:12] | the most wonderful review of this recently. | 这本书的书评 说是棒极了 |
[05:15] | I hope you like it. | 你喜欢就好 |
[05:16] | Oh, look, you’ve inscribed it. | 哦 你还题词了 |
[05:17] | I did? | 是吗 |
[05:20] | “You’ll always be my baby.” | “你永远都是我的小宝贝儿” |
[05:23] | I must have had a glass of wine when I wrote that. | 我肯定是喝高了才那么写的 |
[05:26] | Mm-hmm. | 嗯哼 |
[05:27] | “Love, Mom.” | “爱你的 妈妈” |
[05:31] | Well, there’s our bent and broken birthday boy. | 我们一弯腰就折腰的寿星在这儿呢 |
[05:34] | Hi, Niles. | 嗨 Niles |
[05:36] | I brought you a little gift. | 我给你买了个小礼物 |
[05:37] | Say hello to sweet salvation– | 正是你现在最需要的 |
[05:39] | the lumbar log. | 腰椎枕 |
[05:40] | Oh, thank you, Niles. | 哦 谢谢你 Niles |
[05:43] | Yes, yes. You’re welcome. | 没事儿 不用客气 |
[05:44] | I think the whole thing is probably stress-related. | 我看这八成是压力造成的 |
[05:47] | Well, that’s very possible. | 很有可能 |
[05:48] | You know, birthdays can be anxiety-provoking, | 对呀 生日可能会引起焦虑 |
[05:51] | especially for people of a certain age. | 特别是到了一定岁数的人 |
[05:54] | What, I am not of a certain age, Niles. | 什么 我可没到岁数 Niles |
[05:57] | I am smack-dab in the middle of “Not a kid anymore.” | 我正值壮年 |
[05:59] | I won’t be of a certain age for another ten years. | 再过十年我都还没到岁数 |
[06:01] | You know, if your back pain is stress-related, | 要是你真是由于压力大而背痛 |
[06:03] | I read a magazine article | 我在杂志上读过一篇文章 |
[06:04] | with an exercise that might help. | 推荐了一个练习 也许有用 |
[06:06] | You just go someplace where nobody can hear you | 你找一个没人的地方 |
[06:08] | and list all the things that bug you. | 写下所有让你烦躁的事情 |
[06:11] | And in what esteemed medical journal | 你是在哪本著名医学期刊 |
[06:12] | did you find this little tidbit,Cosmo? | 看到的这篇小文章的 Cosmo吗 |
[06:16] | No.Glamour. | 不 是Glamour |
[06:19] | Oh, that’s priceless. | 哦 真是受益匪浅 |
[06:20] | “I can’t find the right shade of lipstick. | “我都找不到适合自己的口红 |
[06:23] | “I look terrible in a bikini. | “我穿比基尼真难看 |
[06:24] | He can’t find my G-spot.” | 他找不到我的G点” |
[06:28] | I said do it someplace private. | 我不是说要去没人的地方说吗 |
[06:31] | You know, it couldn’t hurt, Frasier. | 其实 不妨一试啊 Frasier |
[06:33] | Oh, Niles, it’s absurd. | 噢 Niles 这太荒唐了 |
[06:35] | Hmm. The more you resist | 嗯 你越是拒绝这个方法 |
[06:37] | the more I’m wondering if there’s something you’re trying to avoid. | 我就越怀疑你确实是在逃避着什么 |
[06:40] | Thanks for backing me up, Niles. | 多谢支持 Niles |
[06:42] | You know, the same article said, | 文章还说 |
[06:44] | “If you rub a raw potato…” | “要是你揉一个生土豆” |
[06:45] | if we’re to sell him on this, you should drop out now. | 要想让他照着做 你最好别再多说了 |
[06:49] | No one’s going to sell me on anything. | 我才不听你们的呢 |
[06:51] | That sort of exercise only helps people that lack self-awareness. | 这种练习只对没法正确认识自己的人有用 |
[06:53] | I, for one, am… | 而我 则是一个 |
[06:56] | God Almighty! | 万能的神啊 |
[06:58] | Well, no wonder you’re stressed. | 好吧 难怪你压力这么大 |
[07:00] | You’ve got a whole universe to run. | 整个宇宙都得你操心 |
[07:03] | 30 seconds, Frasier. | 还有30秒 Frasier |
[07:05] | All right. I’m going to be off. | 好吧 我这就走了 |
[07:06] | You take care of yourself. I’ll see you tonight. | 你照顾好自己 晚上见 |
[07:08] | All right. | 好的 |
[07:08] | Are you sure you’re up to this? | 你能撑住吗 |
[07:10] | Oh, I’ll be fine, Roz. | 哦 我没事的 Roz |
[07:12] | I’m not as delicate as all that. | 我可没那么脆弱 |
[07:14] | How’d you do it, anyway? | 怎么证明呢 |
[07:15] | Blowing out a cupcake. | 我能一口气把一支蜡烛吹灭了 |
[07:20] | You know, Frasier, | 其实 Frasier |
[07:21] | we can always put in a Best of Crane. | 我们完全可以放Crane精选集的 |
[07:23] | No, no, Roz. Now just have a little bit of faith in me. | 不用 不用 Roz 对我有点信心好么 |
[07:26] | I’m a lot tougher than that. | 我坚强着呢 |
[07:28] | I tell you what. | 这么着吧 |
[07:29] | If I feel like I need help toward the end of the show, | 节目要结束时候 要是我需要帮助 |
[07:32] | I’ll give you a little signal, all right? | 我就给你打个小手势 好么 |
[07:34] | All right. Five seconds. | 好吧 还有五秒 |
[07:37] | Gosh, you know these flowers really are beautiful. | 天呢 这些花可真漂亮 |
[07:43] | Good afternoon, Seattle. | 下午好 西雅图 |
[08:00] | Hello? Anyone here? | 有人吗 有人在家吗 |
[08:05] | I guess they’re all out. | 看来他们都出去了 |
[08:07] | Okay. Well, let’s just get you settled. | 好吧 来 我把你放下 |
[08:09] | Niles, Niles, slow down. | Niles Niles 慢点 |
[08:10] | For God’s sakes, | 我的天呐 |
[08:11] | we’re not running a three-legged race. | 我们又不是在比两人三足 |
[08:13] | Ow! Ow! Ow! Oh, oh, oh. Ow. Okay. | 喔喔喔 噢噢噢 好了 |
[08:15] | Do you have somewhere to be? | 你这是着急去哪么 |
[08:16] | Well, since you bring it up, | 好吧 既然你提起来了 |
[08:18] | I do actually have a luncheon with my new lady love. | 我要和新女友共进午餐 |
[08:20] | Oh, well, gosh, I’d hate to let | 好吧 天呢 可不能因为 |
[08:21] | my pain stand in the way of that. | 我后背疼 就碍了你的好事 |
[08:23] | How could that orthopedist of yours | 你推荐的骨科医生 |
[08:24] | tell me there was nothing wrong? | 怎么就能说我后背没毛病呢 |
[08:25] | Frasier, I looked at the X rays myself. | Frasier 我看过你的X光片子了 |
[08:27] | This is not a skeletal problem. | 你骨头确实没问题 |
[08:28] | All right, there. Now, you’re all fine, | 好了 这下把你安顿好了 |
[08:30] | and I’m sure Dad will be by soon. | 老爸肯定马上就回来了 |
[08:31] | No, wait. | 别走 等会 |
[08:33] | This couch has absolutely no support. | 这沙发太软了 |
[08:36] | Let’s ..Let’s try the chair over there, please? | 帮我坐到那边的椅子上吧 |
[08:39] | All right. You’re not heavy. You’re my brother. | 好吧 你一点都不重 你是我亲哥哥 |
[08:45] | Ow! Ow! | 喔喔 |
[08:46] | God, how could you even take me to that unprofessional hack? | 天呐 你怎么能带我去看那个江湖大夫呢 |
[08:49] | All he did was give me a bottle full of horse tranquilizers. | 他就给了我一瓶马用镇定剂 |
[08:52] | He didn’t care about getting to the root of the problem. | 一点都没想着从根源上解决我的问题 |
[08:54] | He just wanted to shut me up. | 他就想让我闭嘴 |
[08:56] | I think it might be time for one of those pills. | 我看又到了该吃镇定剂的时间了 |
[09:04] | All comfy? | 现在舒服了吗 |
[09:08] | Niles, this won’t do. | Niles 呃 这不行 |
[09:10] | It’s even harder than a seat on a public bus. | 这椅背比公共汽车上的座位还硬 |
[09:13] | Oh, when were you ever on a bus? | 哦 你什么时候坐过公交车 |
[09:16] | At a cocktail party once, for “The Friends of Transit.” | 在”运输业朋友”办的鸡尾酒会上 |
[09:19] | I wasn’t invited to that. | 我怎么没收到邀请 |
[09:21] | Will you just help me up, for God’s sake?! | 天呐 你先把我弄起来行吗 |
[09:23] | All right, all right. Hold on, hold on. | 好吧好吧 坚持住 坚持住 |
[09:24] | – Ow. Oh. Ow. – Okay? | – 啊哦 噢 啊哦 – 来吧 |
[09:25] | Ow. Ow. Ow. Shh, shh. | 喔 喔 喔 慢点 慢点 |
[09:28] | Ow, God, you know, | 噢 天呐 |
[09:30] | maybe I should take another one of those pills. | 也许我该再吃片止痛药 |
[09:31] | All right. All right. | 好吧 好吧 |
[09:32] | I’ll get you a glass of water, okay? | 我去给你倒杯水 好么 |
[09:33] | – All right. – Let go, let go. | – 好的 – 我松手了 松手了啊 |
[09:35] | You know, things really are going well with Mel. | 我和Mel的关系进展得不错 |
[09:39] | I’ve been out with her almost every night. | 我们现在基本上每晚都会见面 |
[09:41] | I don’t want to jinx things, | 虽然不想把好事说破 |
[09:43] | but I daresay we’re well on our way | 但我觉得 我们就快成为 |
[09:44] | to becoming what might almost pass for an item. | 正式的一对了 |
[09:53] | I mean it, Frasier, | 我是认真的 Frasier |
[09:54] | she was just the… | 她就是那个 |
[09:59] | Oh, my God! Did you fall? | 哦 天呐 你摔了吗 |
[10:02] | No. | 没有 |
[10:03] | No, I’m actually quite comfortable, Niles. | 没有 我还觉得挺舒服的 Niles |
[10:06] | Look… | 看啊 |
[10:08] | there’s no glare on the television | 电视机上一点反光都看不到 |
[10:11] | and here’s a lovely place to set your drink. | 这儿还有放饮料的地方 |
[10:15] | Just give me your hand | 快把手给我 |
[10:16] | and whatever the chair’s telling you, don’t listen. | 不管这椅子跟你说什么 千万别听 |
[10:18] | No, Niles, no. | 不 Niles 不 |
[10:19] | It’s helping my back, actually, you know, | 这让我后背很舒服 真的 |
[10:21] | and when you sit in it, you don’t have to look at it. | 而且坐上去之后 就看不到它有多丑了 |
[10:26] | If you’re really interested in correcting this problem | 你要是真想解决背痛 |
[10:28] | and not just medicating it, | 而不是靠吃止痛药扛过去 |
[10:29] | you should consider that technique Roz mentioned–you know | 最好考虑一下Roz说的方法 |
[10:31] | listing your problems aloud. | 大声说出你的困扰 |
[10:33] | Oh, give me a break. | 哦 得了吧 |
[10:33] | Well, it’s perfectly possible | 你的背痛真的很有可能 |
[10:35] | this is connected to some submerged anxiety. | 是由于潜在焦虑造成的 |
[10:38] | What’s bothering you? | 你到底有什么烦恼 |
[10:39] | Oh, yes, Niles. Do you really expect me to sit here all alone in this apartment | 哦 是嘛 Niles 你真以为我会一个人坐在家里 |
[10:42] | prattling on endlessly about my problems like some sort of a lunatic? | 没完没了地诉说自己的烦恼 像个疯子似的吗 |
[10:45] | If you think I’m going to do that, | 你要是真这么以为 |
[10:46] | you’re the one that needs to get his head examined. | 那你才是需要看精神科的人呢 |
[10:53] | Oh,oh,good God! | 哦哦 天呐 |
[10:55] | Oh, Eddie. | 哦 Eddie |
[10:56] | Please, just shoo. | 求你了 快走吧 |
[10:57] | Get off of me, get off of me. | 下去 下去 |
[11:06] | What? | 怎么 |
[11:10] | Oh, do you want to know | 哦 你也想知道 |
[11:11] | what’s bothering me, too? | 我有什么烦恼吗 |
[11:12] | All right, well, here’s a start. | 好吧 那我来说说 |
[11:14] | I’m talking to a dog– that bothers me. | 首先 我在和狗说话 这就挺烦的 |
[11:18] | I’m another year older today. | 我今天又长了一岁 |
[11:20] | I suppose that bothers me. | 这也让我有点心烦 |
[11:24] | Though not as much as people seem to think. | 但只是有点 仅此而已 |
[11:32] | I’m still single. | 我还单着呢 |
[11:35] | That’s a big one… | 这是个大烦恼 |
[11:37] | not having a woman to share my life with. | 没有个可人儿和我共享生命之美 |
[11:41] | The only women in my life are friends– Roz and Daphne. | 我生命中的女人都是朋友 Roz和Daphne |
[11:45] | Daphne’s not even here anymore. | Daphne都要不在这儿住了 |
[11:46] | She’ll be married soon. | 她马上要结婚了 |
[11:48] | That’s going to be tough on Dad. | 老爸可有的受了 |
[11:51] | Who am I kidding? | 我骗谁呢 |
[11:53] | It’s going to be tough on me. | 我可有的受了 |
[11:57] | It’s been nice having her here. | 有她在家里其实挺好的 |
[12:00] | Even when my love life isn’t going so well, | 即便我的感情生活不太顺利 |
[12:02] | I can always come home to a… A warm and considerate woman. | 但回到家 还是能看到一个温暖贴心的女人 |
[12:07] | You know, that’s- that’s probably why | 这 这也许就是为什么 |
[12:09] | I’ve been so brusque with her lately. | 我最近对她这么没耐心的原因吧 |
[12:12] | I know that once she’s gone… | 我知道 一旦她离开了 |
[12:15] | I’ll probably be twice as lonely. | 我就要更加孤独了 |
[12:19] | Well… | 诶 |
[12:21] | it’s quite a realization, isn’t it? | 多么痛的领悟啊 |
[12:25] | I really do love Daphne… | 我是真爱Daphne |
[12:30] | …and, now, I’m about to lose her. | 可现在 我就要失去她了 |
[12:34] | I’ve got to show her how I feel about her | 我得告诉她我的感受 |
[12:37] | while I still have a chance. | 趁现在还有机会 |
[12:43] | Well, I don’t know | 嗯 不知道 |
[12:44] | if it was the therapy or the-the painkillers, | 是这方法真管用 还是止疼药起效了 |
[12:47] | but I actually feel a bit better. | 但我确实感觉好多了 |
[12:49] | Let’s try this. | 我试试站起来 |
[12:50] | Uh..Ah… | 呃 啊 |
[12:58] | You know, there are subtler ways | 你可以用更委婉的方法 |
[12:59] | to let the patient know his hour is up. | 告诉病人时间到了 |
[13:03] | Oh! | 噢 |
[13:05] | Dr. Crane, I didn’t know you were here. | Crane医生 你已经回来了啊 |
[13:07] | – Daphne. – Can’t hear anything | – Daphne – 什么都没听到啊 |
[13:09] | in that shower of mine. | 刚洗澡来着 |
[13:09] | It’s like a soundproof vault. | 一洗澡啥都听不到了 |
[13:10] | Daphne, I-I wanted to apologize | Daphne 我 我想向你道歉 |
[13:14] | for being so short with you this morning. | 今天早上不应该跟你发脾气 |
[13:17] | Oh, it’s fine. | 哦 没关系的 |
[13:17] | No, it’s not. | 不 有关系 |
[13:19] | It’s never fine. | 不可能没关系 |
[13:20] | Listen, come here, please. | 来 请过来 |
[13:29] | Give me a hug. | 来个拥抱 |
[13:32] | Oh, Daphne… | 噢 Daphne |
[13:34] | do you know how much you mean to me? | 你知道你对我有多重要吗 |
[13:36] | I’m getting an idea. | 我大致有了解了 |
[13:45] | Hey, Daph. | 嗨 Daph |
[13:50] | What’s wrong? | 怎么了 |
[13:51] | You all right? | 你没事吧 |
[13:52] | Well, actually, no. | 其实 有事 |
[13:54] | I overheard something I wasn’t supposed to hear. | 我不小心听到了不该听的话 |
[13:58] | It’s about Dr. Crane. | 是关于Crane医生的 |
[14:01] | I overhead him say he’s in love with me. | 我听到他说 他爱着我 |
[14:05] | What? | 什么 |
[14:06] | Yeah, and he wants to show me how much he loves me | 是啊 而且他想趁着还有机会的时候 |
[14:08] | while he still has the chance. | 跟我表白 |
[14:09] | Oh, geez, not this. | 哦 天呐 不是吧 |
[14:12] | You knew about this? | 你知道这事 |
[14:13] | I’m not getting in the middle of this. | 我可不搀和这事 |
[14:15] | Then it’s true. | 所以是真的喽 |
[14:16] | Look, I kept my mouth shut for six years. | 听着 都六年了 我什么也没说过 |
[14:18] | I’m not saying anything now. | 现在也不会说的 |
[14:20] | Six years?! | 六年了 |
[14:22] | He’s felt this way for six years? | 他喜欢我六年了 |
[14:24] | You didn’t hear that from me. | 这可不是我说的 |
[14:27] | Daphne… Daphne, I… can’t lower myself into the tub. | Daphne Daphne 我 我进不了浴缸 |
[14:32] | Well, don’t look at me. | 那我也帮不了忙啊 |
[14:34] | No, I thought I’d skip the bath | 不是 我就不洗澡了 |
[14:36] | and take you up on that massage you offered. | 你来帮我按摩吧 |
[14:38] | Those expert hands of yours | 你专业的玉手 |
[14:40] | might be just what the doctor ordered. | 正是医生推荐的 |
[14:41] | Let’s do it in my bedroom, shall we? | 去我卧室做吧 好么 |
[14:53] | Oh. | 哦 |
[14:54] | What kept you? | 快来啊 |
[14:56] | Daphne, here, | 这边 Daphne |
[14:57] | just help me out of this robe, please. | 拜托帮我把浴袍脱了 |
[14:58] | I nearly killed myself putting it on. | 穿个浴袍都快要了我老命了 |
[15:09] | All right. | 好了 |
[15:15] | Here we go. | 我要开始了 |
[15:21] | Now… | 好吧 |
[15:22] | remember, your back’s very tender. | 记住 你的背很脆弱 |
[15:27] | So… no sudden movements. | 不要乱动 |
[15:38] | Oh. | 哦 |
[15:41] | You know, I’m catching a draft in this robe. | 我穿着浴袍施展不开 |
[15:44] | Perhaps I better change. | 我去换身衣服 |
[15:46] | I’ll be waiting. | 等你哦 |
[15:54] | Hey, Fras… | 喂 Fras |
[15:56] | Yes, Dad? | 怎么 老爸 |
[15:57] | Did Daphne tell you? | Daphne说了吗 |
[15:59] | Tell me what? | 说什么 |
[15:59] | She found out Niles has a thing for her. | 她发现Niles喜欢她了 |
[16:01] | – What? – Yes. – How? | – 什么 – 是啊 – 怎么发现的 |
[16:03] | Well, she said she overheard him earlier | 她说她偶然听到的 |
[16:05] | saying how much he loves her. | 他说多么爱她 |
[16:06] | Oh, dear God. | 哦 天呐 |
[16:08] | No wonder she’s been so distracted. | 怪不得她心神不宁的呢 |
[16:10] | And what did you say? | 那你怎么说 |
[16:11] | Did you confirm it? | 你告诉她了 |
[16:12] | Well, yes, I said I knew about it. | 是啊 我说我知道这事 |
[16:13] | Oh, Dad… | 哦 老爸 |
[16:14] | Well, come on, what else was I going to say? | 那我还能说什么啊 |
[16:16] | Then I told her it was none of my business, | 我说我也不能再透露什么了 |
[16:17] | and I took off out of there. | 然后我就闪了 |
[16:20] | Wait a minute. | 等等 |
[16:23] | How did she even see Niles today? | 她今天什么时候见到Niles了 |
[16:25] | I don’t know, but she said | 我不知道啊 不过她说 |
[16:26] | she overheard him saying he loves her | 她听到Niles说爱她了 |
[16:28] | and that he wanted to tell her while he still has a chance. | 而且他想找机会跟她表白呢 |
[16:32] | Oh, no. | 哦 不是吧 |
[16:32] | What? | 怎么了 |
[16:35] | I said that. | 那话是我说的 |
[16:36] | Oh, not you now. | 什么 你也喜欢她了 |
[16:38] | No, no, no, Dad, not that. | 不 不 不 老爸 不是那样的 |
[16:40] | I was just doing a little exercise to try to help my back, | 我那是在做心理疗法想缓解背痛 |
[16:43] | and I was talking out loud | 我说出来 |
[16:45] | about how much I was going to miss Daphne. | 我会多么想念Daphne |
[16:47] | She must have overheard me and misunderstood. | 她一定是听到之后误会了 |
[16:49] | Who were you talking to? | 那你在跟谁说呢 |
[16:55] | If you must know, I was talking to Eddie. | 你要非得知道的话 我是跟Eddie说的 |
[16:59] | – Helps, doesn’t it? – Oh, stop it. | – 效果不错吧 – 哦 得了吧 |
[17:04] | Thanks to you, | 就因为你 |
[17:05] | now Daphne thinks I’m in love with her, | Daphne以为我喜欢她呢 |
[17:06] | and here I am asking her for a massage. | 我还叫她来给我按摩 |
[17:08] | How is she expected to interpret that? | 她会怎么想 |
[17:11] | Hard to say. | 难说 |
[17:15] | Huh? | 嗯哼 |
[17:15] | Oh, boy. | 哦 天呐 |
[17:16] | Just take a deep breath and try to relax. | 深呼吸 试着放松 |
[17:19] | – Daphne… – Let’s both do that, shall we? | – Daphne – 跟我一起做 好吗 |
[17:21] | Daphne Daphne… | |
[17:22] | Dad told me that you overheard me. | 老爸说你听到我说的话了 |
[17:24] | He did? | 他告诉你了 |
[17:25] | Yes. | 是啊 |
[17:26] | Well, I certainly picked | 看来我还是跟不该说的人 |
[17:27] | the wrong person to confide in. | 说了我的秘密 |
[17:29] | No, no, no. | 不 不 不 |
[17:30] | I-I’m glad he told me | 我 我很高兴他告诉我了 |
[17:31] | because the truth is you misunderstood. | 因为你误解了我的话 |
[17:33] | You see, when I said how much I cared about you, | 我说多在乎你的时候 |
[17:37] | I didn’t mean it in a romantic sense. | 并不是说那种男女情爱 |
[17:40] | Then you don’t love me? | 那你不爱我咯 |
[17:42] | Oh, no, of course, I love you, Daphne, | 哦 不 我当然爱你 Daphne |
[17:44] | but… as a friend, that’s all. | 但是 是朋友之间的爱 没有别的 |
[17:46] | Oh… Oh, thank God! Oh, what a relief! | 哦 哦 谢天谢地 真是解脱 |
[17:51] | – I mean, I was flattered, but,oh… – yes, yes, all right. | – 我是说 我受宠若惊 但是 哦 – 是啊是啊 没事了 |
[17:54] | All right, okay, fine, fine, Daphne. | 好了 没事了 好了 Daphne |
[17:55] | That’s fine. Off you go. Go ahead. | 没事了 你回去吧 走吧 |
[17:57] | Oh… Oh, my, my head. | 哦 哦 我 我的头 |
[18:01] | Oh, it must be those pills. | 一定是止疼药见效了 |
[18:03] | Come on, let me give you that massage while you can still feel it. | 来吧 趁你还有知觉 我给你按按摩 |
[18:05] | All right. | 好吧 |
[18:06] | Come on, then. | 来吧 |
[18:07] | Well… | 好的 |
[18:11] | Oh, dear… | 哦 天呐 |
[18:16] | You know, Daph, | 知道么 Daph |
[18:17] | we really are going to miss you around here. | 我们真的会很想念有你的时光 |
[18:19] | Oh, it’s going to be hard for me, too. | 哦 这对我来说也不容易 |
[18:22] | It’s something I haven’t even wanted to think about, leaving. | 我从没想过有一天 要离开这儿 |
[18:26] | I know I grumble a bit, but… | 虽然有时候会抱怨 |
[18:28] | I do love you and your father. | 但是我很爱你和你父亲 |
[18:32] | I’ll still come around, though. | 我还是会常来的 |
[18:34] | We’ll all see each other. | 我们会经常见面的 |
[18:36] | You know what? | 你知道么 |
[18:38] | What’s that, Dr. Crane? | 怎么了 Crane医生 |
[18:40] | Dad’s chair. | 老爸的椅子 |
[18:42] | I’m not taking it with me, if that’s where you’re headed. | 我不会把它带走的 你别想了 |
[18:46] | It felt comfortable. | 它很舒服 |
[18:49] | You took quite a few of those pills, didn’t you? | 你真是没少吃药啊 |
[18:54] | You know what’s curious, though? | 你知道什么很蹊跷(好奇)吗 |
[18:56] | Cats? | 猫 |
[19:01] | Yes… | 好吧 |
[19:04] | But I’m talking about our little mix-up. | 我是说我们之间的小误会 |
[19:08] | When I said to your father, “Dr. Crane’s in love with me,” | 我和你爸爸说”Crane医生喜欢我”时 |
[19:12] | he said it’s been going on for six years now. | 他说 已经喜欢了六年了 |
[19:15] | What did he mean by that? | 他这话是什么意思 |
[19:17] | Oh, that. | 哦 这个啊 |
[19:19] | He meant Niles. | 他是说Niles |
[19:24] | What? | 什么 |
[19:25] | Niles Niles. | |
[19:27] | He’s crazy about you. | 他简直为你痴狂 |
[19:32] | Dr. Crane? | Crane医生 |
[19:35] | Dr. Crane… | Crane医生 |
[19:44] | Come on, rirfday boy. | 起来吧 小兽星 |
[19:46] | Wakey, wakey. | 起来 起来 |
[19:47] | Time for cakey. | 来吃蛋糕吧 |
[19:50] | Dear God, | 我的天呐 |
[19:51] | has a year passed already? | 我睡了一整年吗 |
[19:56] | Please, the elastic’s pinching behind my ears. | 帽子的皮筋弄得我耳朵疼 |
[19:58] | Oh, come on, it’s just for a couple of hours. | 拜托 就戴几个小时而已 没事的 |
[20:00] | But it’s pulling my hair. | 它揪着我头发呢 |
[20:01] | Well, you don’t hear Eddie complaining, do you? | 你看Eddie都没抱怨 多乖 |
[20:03] | I ruv my hat. | 我喜欢我的帽子汪 |
[20:07] | You know, I’m this close | 你再逼我 |
[20:08] | to breaking that thing into a million pieces. | 我可就要把那破麦克风给砸了 |
[20:11] | Well, isn’t this festive? | 哇 真有节日氛围 |
[20:13] | Oh, Daphne, by the way, | 哦 Daphne 对了 |
[20:14] | thank you for the massage. | 谢谢你给我按摩 |
[20:15] | I think it did just the trick. | 效果棒极了 |
[20:16] | Anytime, Dr. Crane. | 不客气 Crane医生 |
[20:18] | Listen, uh… | 对了 呃 |
[20:19] | just before I drifted off, | 在我睡着之前 |
[20:20] | I-I’m afraid I might have said something | 我 我好像说了些 |
[20:22] | I wish I hadn’t. | 不该说的话 |
[20:24] | Yes? | 是么 |
[20:26] | It’s about Dad’s chair. | 关于老爸的椅子 |
[20:30] | I mean, it may be comfortable, | 嗯 也许它是很舒服 |
[20:32] | but I still want to get it out of here. | 但我还是想把它处理掉 |
[20:33] | – Oh,that. – Right. | – 哦 这个啊 – 是啊 |
[20:35] | Why? | 怎么 |
[20:36] | I didn’t say anything else I shouldn’t have said, did I? | 我没说其他不该说的话吧 |
[20:40] | Well, um… no. | 呃 没有 |
[20:43] | – Ah. – No, no… | – 啊 – 没有没有 |
[20:45] | and don’t worry. | 别担心 |
[20:46] | Mum’s the word. | 我会保密的 |
[20:49] | I’ll get it. | 我去开门 |
[20:50] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[20:52] | You straighten things out with Daphne? | 你跟Daphne说明白了 |
[20:54] | Yes, I did. | 是啊 |
[20:54] | Boy, that was a close one. | 天呐 真悬啊 |
[20:56] | I almost blew Niles’ secret. | 差点就把Niles的秘密抖出来了 |
[20:57] | In the future, will you try to be more discreet? | 以后你能不能再谨慎点 |
[20:58] | I can’t pull your chestnuts out of the fire every time. | 我不能每次都跟在你后面救火呀 |
[21:01] | Good evening, Daphne. | 晚上好 Daphne |
[21:03] | Dr. Crane. | Crane医生 |
[21:07] | You look different somehow. | 你看起来有点不一样 |
[21:09] | Have you done something new with your hair? | 你做头发了吗 |
[21:12] | Oh. | 哦 |
[21:13] | Oh… | 哦 |
[21:14] | That must be it. | 一定是帽子的缘故 |
[21:15] | – Well, hello. – Niles. | – 你们好啊 – Niles |
[21:17] | Feeling better? | 感觉好点了吗 |
[21:18] | I’m feeling much better, thank you. | 好多了 谢谢 |
[21:21] | Oh, that must be a present for me. | 哦 这一定是给我的礼物 |