时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:09] | Hey, Martin. | 嘿 Martin |
[00:10] | Happy Valentine’s Day. | 情人节快乐 |
[00:11] | Oh, thanks, Roz. | 噢 谢谢 Roz |
[00:13] | So, you’re with us tonight, huh? | 你今晚要跟我们一起过吗 |
[00:15] | Yeah. We rented a couple of sad chick movies. | 是啊 我们租了几部悲情小妞电影看 |
[00:17] | Oh, it’s not like you not to have a date on Valentine’s Day. | 哦 情人节不去约会可不像你风格啊 |
[00:20] | Tell me. I usually try for a second seating! | 可不是吗 我经常一晚见俩呢 |
[00:24] | And you’d think that being engaged. | 本以为订了婚 |
[00:25] | I’d have a guaranteed date. But no! | 情人节就肯定不会孤单了 但失望啊 |
[00:28] | Donny had to go to Florida. | Donny得回佛罗里达州 |
[00:29] | His grandmother. She’d do anything to come between us. | 他那个祖母 为了分开我们真是无所不用其极 |
[00:32] | Oh, what’d she do this time? | 噢 她这回又怎么了 |
[00:34] | She died. | 她死了 |
[00:38] | Good Lord, where is Niles? | 老天 Niles怎么还没来 |
[00:39] | I don’t want to be late for the opera. | 我们要看的歌剧就快开始了 |
[00:41] | Are you going out with Niles on Valentine’s Day? | 情人节你是要跟Niles一起出去吗 |
[00:43] | Well, it’s a subscription series, you see. | 我们订的是套票 |
[00:46] | We got these tickets months ago. | 几个月前就拿到票了 |
[00:47] | We had no idea what day this fell on. | 那时候根本不知道是什么时候演出 |
[00:48] | So Dr. Crane’s not spending tonight with Mel? | 那Crane医生今晚不跟Mel一起过了 |
[00:51] | No. She’s going out of town. | 没错 她出差了 |
[00:52] | Some sort of medical conference. | 参加某个医学会议 |
[00:54] | You know, actually, I’m sorry for Niles, but, uh… | 虽然 我也替Niles难过 不过 呃 |
[00:58] | I’m rather glad to be having an old-fashioned boys’ night out. | 我们哥俩一起出去也挺好的呀 |
[01:02] | I can’t wait, either. I… I’ll see you in 20 minutes, valentine. | 我也等不及了 20分钟后见 亲爱的 |
[01:08] | That had better be the seat duster in our opera box! | 你最好是在跟咱歌剧包厢的座位防尘衣说话 |
[01:11] | No, it was Mel. | 不 是Mel |
[01:13] | At the last minute, she decided to skip her conference. | 最后一刻她决定翘了那个会议 |
[01:15] | So… I’ll be going to the opera by myself? | 那么 我是要一个人去看歌剧了吗 |
[01:19] | Oh! Well, here’s a thought. | 噢 我有个想法 |
[01:20] | If you give Mel your opera ticket, then you won’t have to be alone. | 要是你把你的歌剧票给Mel 你就不用一个人啦 |
[01:23] | You can stay here and watch fun movies with Roz and Daphne. | 你可以待在这儿跟Roz和Daphne一起看好玩的电影 |
[01:28] | Ooh. “Dying Young”. | 唔 <英年早逝> |
[01:30] | It’s a… classic. | 真是部 经典 |
[01:32] | I am surprised by your gall. | 你好大的胆子 |
[01:34] | At the last moment, you… you not only bail on me, | 歌剧马上就开演了 这时候你不但放我鸽子 |
[01:35] | you expect me to give up my own ticket?! | 还指望我把自己的票给你的女伴 |
[01:37] | Please, Frasier, put yourself in my shoes. | 拜托 Frasier 你设身处地替我想想 |
[01:39] | I have to do something for Mel. | 情人节 我总得安排点节目吧 |
[01:40] | Every restaurant in town’s been booked for weeks. | 城里的所有餐厅几个礼拜前就都被预定光了 |
[01:42] | I ran into Archie Wilfong today. | 今天我碰到Archie Wilfong |
[01:44] | He told me he had to settle for two seats at the counter | 他说他最后只订到沙拉餐厅的 |
[01:46] | at “The Salad Experience”! | 吧台上的两个位子 |
[01:49] | What would you suggest I do? | 你说我该怎么做 |
[01:51] | Bring your own wine and order the spicy Caesar. | 自己带酒去 点个辣凯撒沙拉 |
[01:57] | May your opera box be full of cellophane crinklers | 希望你包厢地上都是糖纸吱呀作响 |
[01:59] | and the stage swarming with standbys. | 舞台上演出的都是替补演员 |
[02:01] | Get out! | 滚 |
[02:05] | He goes too far! | 他太过分了 |
[02:07] | Yeah, some nerve | 是啊 太过分了 |
[02:09] | ditching you to spend Valentine’s Day with his girlfriend. | 把你丢开去跟女朋友过情人节 |
[02:12] | Look, Fras, i don’t blame you for being a little jealous | 听着 Fras 你要是有点嫉妒 那是正常的 |
[02:14] | ’cause he’s got someone, and you don’t… | 因为他有伴儿 而你没有 |
[02:16] | I am not jealous, Dad. I am simply appalled by his rudeness. | 我才不是嫉妒 爸 只是他的无理取闹让我震惊了 |
[02:18] | I was looking forward to this evening. | 我本来很期待今晚的 |
[02:20] | Nice drink… lovely opera… | 香醇的美酒 美妙的歌剧 |
[02:23] | then a late supper… | 然后吃一顿迟来的晚餐 |
[02:26] | perhaps a beautiful bottle of wine, | 也许再来一瓶红酒 |
[02:28] | and a delightful… dessert souffle… | 加上一个美味的餐后甜点蛋奶酥 |
[02:31] | Oh, God, I need a woman. | 老天 我需要女人 |
[02:35] | Remember my friend Rowena? | 还记得我的朋友Rowena吗 |
[02:37] | She’s much prettier since her surgery. | 她做完手术后好看多了 |
[02:40] | You look at her face, | 你看着她的脸 |
[02:41] | and you can’t even tell where it used to be. | 都看不出以前是什么样子 |
[02:45] | Thank you, Daphne, but, uh… | 谢谢 Daphne 不过 呃 |
[02:47] | actually, I already have someone in mind, you see. | 其实我已经有个目标了 |
[02:51] | There’s a stunning woman | 有一位绝色美人 |
[02:53] | who comes to the opera on the same nights we do. | 也常常去看歌剧 |
[02:55] | She has the box right across from ours. | 她的包厢就正对着我们的 |
[02:58] | We’ve flirted a bit from a distance. | 我们已经远距离调情了一段时间 |
[03:00] | I have laughed with her during “Figaro”, | 看<费加罗的婚礼>时我跟她一起笑 |
[03:03] | cried with her during “Tosca”. | 看<托斯卡>的时候我跟她一起哭 |
[03:06] | I even had a dream about her | 在看<海滩上的爱因斯坦>时 |
[03:07] | during “Einstein on the Beach”. | 我中间睡着了甚至梦到了她 |
[03:10] | Well, don’t just stare at her, make a move! | 别尽是盯着她看 行动起来呀 |
[03:12] | I will, Roz! Tonight’s the night. | 我会的 Roz 就在今晚 |
[03:14] | By the finale, I’ll have made my overture. | 终曲结束前我会发起攻势的 |
[03:15] | Dad, would you please come with me? | 爸 你能跟我一起去吗 |
[03:17] | To the opera? What do you need me for? | 去看歌剧吗 你要我去做什么 |
[03:18] | Dad, look, I… I can’t go with a woman | 爸 你看 我不能跟女士一起去 |
[03:20] | because then she’ll think I’m on a date, | 否则她会以为我有女伴 |
[03:21] | and if I go alone, she’ll think I couldn’t get a date. | 要是我一个人去 她又会认为我连个伴儿都找不到 |
[03:23] | You would look pretty pathetic. | 你会看上去特别可悲 |
[03:24] | Oh, geez! | 哎哟 我去 |
[03:26] | Or you could stay home with us and watch sad movies. | 要不你跟我们一起待在家里看悲情电影吧 |
[03:28] | “Sophie’s Choice”. | 看<苏菲的抉择> |
[03:30] | I’ll say it is! | 这不就是吗 |
[03:37] | Is she here yet? | 她来了吗 |
[03:38] | No, not yet. | 不 还没 |
[03:40] | That’s her box over there, the empty one. | 那是她的包厢 空着的那个 |
[03:41] | Well, I’m not going to sit through a whole opera | 她要是不来 |
[03:43] | for some woman who’s not even here. | 我也没必要留下来受罪吧 |
[03:44] | Oh, for God’s sakes, Dad, give it a chance. | 噢 求求你 就试一试吧 爸 |
[03:46] | You might actually learn to like it if you’d listen to one. | 也许看完一部 你就会喜欢上歌剧呢 |
[03:48] | Hey, your mother dragged me to a lot of these things | 嘿 当年你妈跟我约会的时候 |
[03:50] | when we were dating, and they were all stupid. | 她拉着我看了好多这种东西 都蠢透了 |
[03:52] | These stories make no sense whatsoever. | 这些故事全都是狗屁不通 |
[03:54] | Oh, that is not true! | 噢 怎么可能 |
[03:55] | Oh, all right, what’s this one about? | 好吧 那这部剧是讲什么的 |
[03:56] | Well, it’s about Rigoletto, | 这部剧叫弄臣 |
[03:57] | the hunchbacked jester in the court of the Duke. | 是说公爵府上一个谄媚的驼背小丑 |
[03:59] | He has a daughter, Gilda, | 他有一个女儿 Gilda |
[04:01] | who’s secretly living with him, | 秘密地跟他一起生活 |
[04:02] | but everyone thinks that she’s his mistress. | 但所有人都以为她是他的情妇 |
[04:04] | In this opening scene, | 开场的时候 |
[04:05] | Rigoletto mocks the Duke’s enemy, who puts a curse on him. | 弄臣嘲弄了公爵的敌人 对方给他下了诅咒 |
[04:08] | A cursed hunchback dating his daughter. | 一个被诅咒的驼背跟他女儿约会 |
[04:10] | Well, nothing screwy so far. | 嗯 这没什么扭曲的嘛 |
[04:13] | He is not dating his daughter! | 他没跟自己女儿约会 |
[04:15] | Gilda is being courted by the Duke, | 是公爵伪装成一个谦逊的学生 |
[04:17] | who is disguised as a humble student. | 对Gilda大献殷勤 |
[04:19] | You see, that’s what I mean. The whole thing’s so unrealistic. | 你看这就是我想说的 整个故事太不真实 |
[04:22] | Everybody’s in love and pretending to be somebody they’re not, | 每个人都在恋爱 还伪装成别人 |
[04:25] | and they’re all swooning and gasping… | 他们还一直在狂喜啊 大喘气啊 |
[04:28] | See, exactly. Who acts that way? | 就是这样 谁会这么演戏啊 |
[04:30] | Dad, Dad, she’s here, she’s here, and she’s not on a date. | 爸 爸 她来了来了 而且她没有男伴 |
[04:33] | That must be her mother. | 那肯定是她的妈妈 |
[04:35] | Wow. You’re right. She is a looker, all right. | 哇喔 你说得对 她的确是个美人 |
[04:39] | All right, don’t gawk, don’t gawk. She’ll notice. | 好了 别盯着看啦 她会发现的 |
[04:41] | Well, I thought that was the point. | 我们不就是希望她发现吗 |
[04:42] | – No, no, Dad. – You got to get her attention. | – 不 不 爸 – 你得让她注意到你 |
[04:43] | No, Dad, Dad, please! Don’t wave, don’t…! | 不 爸 拜托 别挥手 别 |
[04:47] | Just keep your eye on the stage. | 盯着舞台就好 |
[04:48] | All right, but I bet you that gets results. | 好吧 不过我打赌肯定有效果 |
[04:56] | You’re right, Dad, it did. | 你说对了 爸 的确有效果 |
[04:59] | Oh, God, I wasn’t waving at her. | 天哪 我又没对她挥手 |
[05:01] | – I was waving at the daughter! – Mm-hmm. | – 我在对她女儿挥手 – 嗯哼 |
[05:04] | Well, that’s not what the mother seems to think. | 但那位妈妈好像不这么想 |
[05:06] | I think she likes you. Wave back. | 她应该蛮喜欢你的 你也向她挥挥手嘛 |
[05:07] | – No. I don’t want to. – Wave back! | – 不 我不要 – 向她挥手 |
[05:10] | – You started it. Wave back to her. – Oh, geez! | – 是你开的头 向她挥手 – 噢 我去 |
[05:16] | Hunchback’s got kind of a nice voice, | 那驼背的声音蛮好听的 |
[05:18] | but the daughter’s kind of screechy. | 但那女儿的声音有点尖锐了 |
[05:19] | Yeah, well, she’s no Renata Tebaldi. | 是啊 她毕竟不是Renata Tebaldi |
[05:23] | Gosh, I don’t see them. Do you? | 天哪 怎么没看到她们 你看到了吗 |
[05:24] | Oh, I bet you the old one’s in the ladies’ room, | 我打赌那个老女人一定在盥洗室里 |
[05:27] | putting on more war paint. | 往脸上涂更多化妆品 |
[05:29] | There they are. | 她们在那儿 |
[05:30] | Just try to be nice, Dad. | 爸 尽量友好点 |
[05:31] | If you are rude to the mother, | 要是你对那个妈妈无理的话 |
[05:33] | you will ruin my chances with the daughter! | 你就会毁了我追那女儿的希望的 |
[05:35] | Well, we finally meet. | 我们终于见面了 |
[05:37] | – I feel like we’re practically old friends. – Yes. | – 感觉我们已经是老朋友了 – 是啊 |
[05:40] | I’m Helen Browning. | 我是Helen Browning |
[05:42] | This is my daughter, Emily. | 这是我女儿 Emily |
[05:44] | Hello. I’m Frasier Crane, uh… | 你好 我是Frasier Crane 呃 |
[05:47] | – This is my father, Martin Crane. – Hi. | – 这是我父亲 Martin Crane – 嗨 |
[05:48] | Hello, Martin. | 你好 Martin |
[05:50] | Uh, well, uh… | 呃 那个 呃 |
[05:52] | can we get you some champagne? | 要喝杯香槟吗 |
[05:53] | Oh, we’d love it. Thank you. | 哦 太好了 谢谢 |
[05:54] | Let me give you a hand. | 我来帮你吧 |
[05:55] | No, no, you know what, Dad? We can manage. Uh… | 不 不 爸 我们可以的 呃 |
[05:57] | Oh. Why don’t you two stay and have a nice little chat? | 你们俩留在这儿聊会儿天吧 |
[06:01] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[06:03] | Lovely production, isn’t it? | 演出真不错 对吧 |
[06:05] | I adore Verdi. | 我非常喜欢威尔第 |
[06:07] | Oh, he’s my favorite. | 噢 他也是我的最爱 |
[06:10] | Though, the woman singing Gilda’s a bit off. | 不过 演Gilda的那个女人唱得有点弱 |
[06:13] | Mm, she’s no Renata Tebaldi. | 嗯 她毕竟不是Renata Tebaldi |
[06:17] | You know, if you like Verdi so much, | 既然你这么喜欢威尔第 |
[06:18] | I happen to have a spare ticket to “Aida” next week. | 我这正好多一张下周<阿依达>的票 |
[06:21] | Oh, that sounds great, but, uh… | 噢 真不错 不过 呃 |
[06:23] | if it’s a week from tonight, I’m busy. I’m sorry. | 如果也是周一的票 不好意思 我那天有事 |
[06:26] | Actually, it’s next Thursday. | 哦 是下周四的 |
[06:27] | Oh, Thursday? | 噢 周四啊 |
[06:28] | Oh, you know, there’s this thing at my, uh… | 那个 我的那个 呃 |
[06:31] | uh, my wine club. | 呃 我的红酒俱乐部有点事儿 |
[06:33] | Oh, that’s all right, Martin. We just met. | 噢 没关系的 Martin 我们也就刚见面 |
[06:36] | I shouldn’t have asked… | 我根本不该问的 |
[06:37] | Oh, no, no, no, Helen, | 噢 不 不 不 Helen |
[06:38] | it’s got nothing to do with you. It’s me. | 不是你的原因 是我 |
[06:39] | I’m… I’m afraid I’ve given you the wrong impression of myself. | 可能 我可能引起了你的错觉 |
[06:42] | You see, the truth is, I’m… | 那个 其实我是 |
[06:45] | Gay. | 同性恋 |
[06:50] | Uh, right. Gay. | 呃 对 同性恋 |
[06:53] | I thought you might be. | 我就想你可能是 |
[06:55] | How many straight men remember Renata Tebaldi? | 能有几个直男记得Renata Tebaldi哪 |
[06:59] | Not many! | 是没几个 |
[07:02] | Well, I’m sorry if I was too forward. | 抱歉我刚刚太冒失了 |
[07:04] | It’s just that sometimes it’s so hard to meet nice men. | 只是真的很难遇到好男人 |
[07:07] | Tell me! | 可不是嘛 |
[07:11] | Here we are. | 来了 |
[07:12] | – Uh, Dad, uh… – Thank you. | – 呃 爸 呃 – 谢谢 |
[07:13] | Actually, uh, good news. | 呃 有个好消息 |
[07:15] | Emily has agreed to join me for a nightcap | Emily已经答应看完歌剧后 |
[07:18] | after the opera and cast her eye over my African art collection. | 跟我一起喝个小酒 再赏光看看我的非洲艺术藏品 |
[07:22] | – Oh. – Well… – Very nice meeting you. | – 噢 – 那么 – 很高兴认识你 |
[07:24] | Nice meeting you, too. | 我也很高兴认识你 |
[07:25] | – Bye. – So, I’ll see you later? | – 再会 – 那待会儿见咯 |
[07:26] | – Yes. – All right. | – 好的 – 非常好 |
[07:29] | So, how did it go with Helen? | 刚刚跟Helen处得怎么样 |
[07:30] | You didn’t offend her, did you? | 你没有冒犯她吧 |
[07:30] | No. Not at all. | 没有 一点儿都没 |
[07:31] | Turns out I’m not her type. | 原来我不是她喜欢的型 |
[07:35] | – Well? – Opera Queen. – Oh. Sorry. | – 怎么样 – 是个同性恋 – 噢 抱歉 |
[07:38] | Though, you know who’d he’d be perfect for? | 不过你知道谁跟他最配啦 |
[07:41] | Yes! | 对哦 |
[07:42] | You know, he’s here tonight. | 他今晚也在这儿呢 |
[07:44] | I’ll bring him. | 我会带上他 |
[07:47] | All right, Dad, we’d better hurry up. | 好了 爸 我们得抓紧了 |
[07:48] | Don’t wanna miss the second act. | 可别错过了第二幕啊 |
[07:49] | Oh, who cares? | 呲 谁在乎 |
[07:50] | Just be more goofy stuff that never happens in real life. | 不过是更多现实生活里不会发生的愚蠢情节 |
[08:01] | How was the opera? | 歌剧怎么样啊 |
[08:03] | Lovely. Get out! | 很好看 你们快走吧 |
[08:05] | Hey! That movie’s not over. | 嘿 电影还没完呢 |
[08:07] | Too bad, Roz. | 抱歉了啊 Roz |
[08:08] | There’s a stunning woman on her way over here. | 一位绝色美人马上就要过来了 |
[08:09] | I don’t want her thinking I’m running | 我可不想让她以为我家是 |
[08:10] | some sort of a maudlin sorority house. | 什么伤感姊妹联谊会的基地 |
[08:12] | Now, come on. Shake a leg. | 快 赶紧抬腿走人 |
[08:13] | You actually spoke to her? You didn’t wimp out? | 你还真跟她搭讪了 没打退堂鼓 |
[08:16] | You have never seen me so suave. | 我从没这么自信老练过好吗 |
[08:17] | Oh, some Valentine’s Day. | 噢 什么破情人节 |
[08:19] | First my date bails on me, | 先是对象放我鸽子 |
[08:21] | and now I owe Daphne 50 bucks! | 现在我还欠了Daphne五十刀 |
[08:24] | Well, hello there. | 你好啊 |
[08:25] | Will you be my “Ballantine”? | 你愿意做我的”百龄坛”吗 |
[08:29] | – Dad, will you go get a glass, please? – Oh, all right. | – 爸 你能去拿杯子喝吗 – 哦 好吧 |
[08:32] | And drink it quickly! | 然后快点喝 |
[08:33] | The last thing I need tonight | 我今晚可不想要 |
[08:34] | is some third wheel cramping my style. | 某些电灯泡降低我的格调 |
[08:37] | Hello! | 你好 |
[08:38] | – Hello. – I hope you don’t mind. | – 你好 – 希望你不介意 |
[08:41] | Edward here was at the opera, too. | Edward刚刚也在歌剧院 |
[08:42] | He’s, uh, my partner. | 他是 呃 我的合伙人 |
[08:44] | – Your partner? – At the gallery. | – 你的合伙人 – 画廊的合伙人 |
[08:46] | I’m also her uncle. | 我也是她的叔叔 |
[08:47] | Oh. When you said, “Partner”, I thought you meant romantic partner. | 哦 你说”合伙人”的时候 我还以为是恋人呢 |
[08:50] | Oh. | 哦 |
[08:51] | Hardly. | 并不是的 |
[08:53] | Well, I’m, uh… I’m Frasier. | 那个 我是 呃 我是Frasier |
[08:55] | Pleasure. What a marvelous view! | 你好 好漂亮的景致 |
[08:58] | – Oh. – May I? – Yes, please. | – 哇 – 我能去看看吗 – 当然了 |
[09:02] | Your father. | 你的父亲 |
[09:03] | Is he… dating anyone at the moment? | 他 有在跟谁约会吗 |
[09:06] | Well, uh… no, | 呃 没有 |
[09:09] | but if you’re thinking about your mother, I’m… | 但如果你想撮合他和你妈妈 恐怕 |
[09:10] | I’m afraid they’re not really right for each other. | 恐怕他们不是很合适 |
[09:13] | Yes, I know. I meant… Edward. | 我知道 我是说 Edward |
[09:20] | Your uncle? | 你叔叔 |
[09:20] | Yes. | 是的 |
[09:22] | … and my father? | 跟我父亲 |
[09:25] | They’re both single, they love opera, | 他们都是单身 都爱看歌剧 |
[09:27] | and they were both married with kids when… | 他们也都结过婚 有了孩子 |
[09:29] | they came out of the closet. | 才出的柜 |
[09:32] | Your dad told my mother all about it. | 你父亲已经都告诉我妈了 |
[09:35] | Oh, did he? Ah. | 噢 他是这么说的啊 |
[09:37] | Well, she asked him out, and he had to be honest with her. | 嗯 她想跟他约会 他不得不说了实话 |
[09:40] | Hi there. | 你们好啊 |
[09:41] | Yes. Nothing like a little honesty | 是啊 唯有真诚 |
[09:43] | to diffuse an awkward situation. | 才能化解尴尬的境地 |
[09:47] | – Hi there. How are you? – Let me take your coat. | – 你好啊 – 我来帮你挂外套 |
[09:48] | Uh, Dad, this is Edward, uh, Emily’s uncle. | 呃 爸 这是Edward 呃 Emily的叔叔 |
[09:51] | He’s her partner in her art gallery. | 也是她画廊的合伙人 |
[09:54] | Uh, Edward, this is my father, Martin. | 呃 Edward 这是我的父亲 Martin |
[09:56] | Pleased to meet you, Martin. | 很高兴认识你 Martin |
[09:57] | Uh, same here. | 我也是 |
[09:58] | And my friends call me Marty. | 我的朋友们都叫我Marty |
[10:00] | Then Marty it is! | 那就Marty了 |
[10:05] | I love what you’ve done with this place. | 我很喜欢你们家的装饰 |
[10:07] | It’s the perfect blend of sleek elegance… | 把时尚优雅和 |
[10:10] | – and audacious whimsy. – Oh. | – 大胆奇思融合得恰如其分 – 噢 |
[10:13] | You like it, huh? | 你喜欢它哈 |
[10:15] | You know, Edward’s my favorite name. | 那个 Edward是我最喜欢的名字 |
[10:17] | – Really? – Yes. | – 是嘛 – 是的 |
[10:17] | I even call my dog Eddie. | 我甚至给我的狗起名叫Eddie |
[10:19] | Eddie! Yeah, see? Here he is. | Eddie 看 它就是 |
[10:21] | – Oh, my God! – A Jack Russell! | – 噢 天哪 – 是杰克罗素梗 |
[10:24] | He loves Jack Russells. | 他最喜欢杰克罗素梗了 |
[10:26] | I have three of them. | 我养了三只 |
[10:27] | All girls. | 都是姑娘 |
[10:28] | Oh, well, we ought to get them together. | 哦 那我们该把它们放一块儿 |
[10:30] | Who knows, maybe a little romance will bloom. | 没准会擦出爱的火花呢 |
[10:37] | You know, Dad, maybe we should… | 那个 爸 我们去 |
[10:38] | go fetch our new friends some, uh, drinks. | 给我们的新朋友准备些 呃 酒吧 |
[10:41] | Uh, I’d love some white wine. | 请给我白葡萄酒 |
[10:43] | How about you, Ed? | 你呢 Ed |
[10:44] | Why not a beer? | 何不来点啤酒 |
[10:45] | Oh… A man after my own heart. | 噢 正合我心意 |
[10:52] | Boy, you are really something. | 老天 你还真能来事儿 |
[10:54] | What? | 怎么了 |
[10:56] | You actually told Emily’s mother | 你真告诉Emily的妈妈说 |
[10:57] | that you were gay? | 你是同性恋 |
[10:58] | Well, you said not to offend her. | 是你说的不能冒犯她 |
[11:00] | I thought that was a pretty good way to get her to cool her jets | 我想着这是个拒绝她的好办法 |
[11:02] | without hurting her feelings. | 又不会伤了她的感情 |
[11:05] | Dad, there’s something you don’t understand. | 爸 但有件事你不知道 |
[11:07] | You see, she told Emily. | 她把这事告诉了Emily |
[11:09] | She got a problem with it? | 她有意见吗 |
[11:10] | Oh, no, she’s pretty okay with it. | 不 她没有任何意见 |
[11:12] | Oh. | 噢 |
[11:14] | Oh, I get it. You’re worried she’ll know I’m straight, | 哦 我懂了 你是担心她会发现我是直男 |
[11:16] | find out I’ve been lying to her mother. | 发现我跟她妈妈说谎 |
[11:17] | Dad… | 爸 |
[11:18] | Oh, well, don’t worry about it. | 哎哟 别担心 |
[11:19] | I’ll gay it up a little. | 我知道同性恋应该是什么样的 |
[11:25] | Emily, have I told you I love your hair? | Emily 我有跟你说过我很喜欢你的发型吗 |
[11:28] | Oh. | 噢 |
[11:29] | Thank you, Martin. | 谢谢 Martin |
[11:31] | It’s divine. | 美翻了啊 |
[11:36] | Frasier, these pieces are wonderful. | Frasier 这些作品太赞了 |
[11:39] | You have exquisite taste! | 你的品位很高雅 |
[11:40] | Oh, he gets that from me. | 噢 是我遗传给他的 |
[11:44] | Yes, it was worth all the hours | 没错 真没枉费了当年 |
[11:46] | I dragged him around to the museums and the antique shops | 我拉着他去博物馆啊古董店啊 |
[11:49] | and teaching him about art and, you know… | 教他艺术啊 还有那个 |
[11:53] | upholstery. | 家装艺术 |
[11:57] | Were you in the arts? | 你是艺术界的吗 |
[11:58] | – Oh, well, actually, Ed… – Dad was a cop. | – 噢 其实 Ed – 他以前是警察 |
[12:01] | – Really? – Mm-hmm. | – 真的嘛 – 嗯嗯 |
[12:03] | The, uh, uniform and everything? | 是穿制服的警察吗 |
[12:09] | Yeah. In fact, uh, that’s what happened to my hip. | 没错 我就是当警察时屁股受的伤 |
[12:12] | I took a… a bullet trying to break up a robbery. | 我在抢劫现场中的弹 |
[12:14] | Yeah, I called for backup, but it never showed up. | 我呼叫了后援 但他们一直没出现 |
[12:17] | Because you were gay. | 因为你是同性恋 |
[12:20] | Don’t think I didn’t wonder about that. | 我自己也有感觉 |
[12:29] | Yes, that was the day I came out. | 就在那天我出柜了 |
[12:31] | Lying in that alley, covered with blood, | 沐血躺在那条小巷 |
[12:34] | a bullet in my hip, and I said, | 屁股里还有颗子弹 我说 |
[12:36] | “That’s it. I’m gay. | “就这样 我是同性恋 |
[12:38] | “I like myself, | “我喜欢我自己的样子 |
[12:39] | “and I’m not living a lie anymore.” | “我不想再生活在谎言里” |
[12:45] | I had exactly the same experience when I came out. | 我出柜的时候跟你一模一样 |
[13:00] | Not exactly, perhaps. | 也许不能说一模一样 |
[13:02] | Yours was a bullet in the hip. | 你因为一颗子弹 |
[13:05] | For me, it was a Lufthansa steward named Gunther. | 我呢 是因为德国航空的一个乘务员 叫Gunther |
[13:11] | What did I tell you? I knew they’d hit it off. | 我说什么来着 我就知道他们会合得来 |
[13:14] | Yes, I had a feeling myself. | 是啊 我也有这种感觉 |
[13:17] | And you didn’t say a word, you scamp! | 你居然只字未提 你个小流氓 |
[13:21] | Uh, Frasier, why don’t you come help me get some snacks for everybody? | 呃 Frasier 你帮我来给大家准备点零食吧 |
[13:26] | All right. | 好的 |
[13:28] | If you’ll excuse us. | 失陪一下 |
[13:30] | You didn’t tell me this was a set-up! | 你怎么没说这是相亲 |
[13:32] | Well, how blind can you be, Dad? | 你是有多眼瞎啊 爸 |
[13:33] | He didn’t seem gay to you? | 你看不出他是同性恋吗 |
[13:35] | He’s English. They all seem gay. | 他是英国人 英国人看着都像同性恋 |
[13:36] | Lord! | 老天 |
[13:37] | Well, we’re just going to have to tell them the truth. | 现在我们得去告诉他们真相 |
[13:39] | Oh, what, you found her mother so unattractive | 噢 说什么 你觉得她妈妈丑陋异常 |
[13:41] | you pretended to be gay?! | 你不得不假装自己是同性恋吗 |
[13:42] | Dad, Emily is the most fabulous woman i have met in ages, | 爸 Emily是我这几年遇到的最完美的女人 |
[13:45] | and if you screw this up for me, i will never forgive you, | 要是你给我搞砸的话 我永远不会原谅你的 |
[13:47] | so just be nice, all right? | 所以给我表现好点 好吗 |
[13:49] | Well, what if he asks me for a date? | 但要是他想跟我约会怎么办 |
[13:50] | I have news for you. You’re on a date! | 有条新闻告诉你 你现在就在约会 |
[13:53] | – Daphne. – We’ve just been chatting with | – Daphne – 我们在跟 |
[13:56] | your delightful physical therapist, Marty. | 你这位可爱的理疗师聊天 Marty |
[13:58] | Oh, he’s a charmer, this one. | 噢 这位先生真有魅力 |
[14:01] | Now aren’t you glad you went to the opera? | 现在你庆幸去看歌剧了吧 |
[14:03] | I keep telling him he should get out more, meet people. | 我一直在劝他多出去见见人 |
[14:06] | Most nights he just sits here alone watching the telly. | 大多数晚上他就一个人坐在这儿看电视 |
[14:09] | He’s the exact same way. He’ll watch anything. | 他也是一样 他什么都看 |
[14:12] | With him, it’s mostly sports. | 他主要看的就是体育了 |
[14:14] | Just give him a bunch of sweaty men | 只要给他一帮子大汗淋漓的男人 |
[14:15] | – chasing each other around the field… – Daphne. | – 在球场上追来追去 – Daphne |
[14:20] | Where are we, uh, keeping the Camembert these days? | 我们现在都把卡门贝干酪放哪儿 |
[14:23] | Same place we always do. | 还在原来的地方啊 |
[14:24] | Get in the kitchen! | 进厨房来 |
[14:26] | You were smart to hire a woman for physical therapy. | 你很聪明 雇了个女人当理疗师 |
[14:29] | Much safer than a man. | 比雇个男人安全多了 |
[14:31] | Edward sprained his leg last year… | Edward去年扭伤了腿 |
[14:33] | All right, Emily. | 好了 Emily |
[14:33] | I never trusted that man. | 我一直不相信那个男人 |
[14:35] | All right, Emily. | 别说了 Emily |
[14:36] | And why you loaned him your boat… | 你为什么还借给他船 |
[14:38] | All right, Emily! | 快别说了 Emily |
[14:49] | Here we are. | 给你们 |
[14:50] | Thank you, Frasier. | 谢谢 Frasier |
[14:51] | I would love to see the rest of the apartment, | 我很想再参观一下这公寓 |
[14:54] | if it’s no trouble. | 如果不麻烦的话 |
[14:56] | Why, that’s no trouble at all. | 一点都不麻烦 |
[14:57] | – Uh, Frasier, can… can I just… – Now, Dad, don’t worry. | – 呃 Frasier 我 那个 – 别担心 爸 |
[15:01] | I will close the door to your room. | 我会关上你房间的门的 |
[15:03] | You should see it whenever he gets ready for the opera. | 你真该看看他每次去看歌剧前的样子 |
[15:05] | Clothes everywhere! | 衣服扔得到处都是 |
[15:08] | Well, I’m off to bed. | 我准备去睡觉了 |
[15:09] | Oh, no, no, no. Uh, Daph! | 噢 不 不 呃 Daph |
[15:12] | Uh, Daphne, why don’t you join us? | 呃 Daphne 你留下来陪陪我们怎么样 |
[15:13] | Oh, no, no, no. | 噢 不 不 不 |
[15:14] | Three’s a crowd. | 三个人有点挤 |
[15:21] | So… | 那么 |
[15:24] | So… | 那么 |
[15:26] | Our loved ones seem determined to thrust us together. | 看来我们的亲友都在给我们制造机会呀 |
[15:29] | Well, don’t let them pressure you. | 你不要有压力 |
[15:33] | Oh. | 噢 |
[15:36] | Congratulations, Marty, on having raised such a splendid son. | 祝贺你 Marty 养育了这么棒的儿子 |
[15:40] | – Oh. – I envy you your bond. | – 噢 – 我真羡慕你们的感情 |
[15:45] | Uh, you have kids? | 呃 你有孩子吗 |
[15:46] | Just one. | 只有一个 |
[15:48] | George. | 叫George |
[15:49] | He’s 35… | 他35岁了 |
[15:51] | – and he has consecrated his life to bowling. – Oh. | – 他眼里只有保龄球 – 哦 |
[15:55] | I join him when I can, but… | 我有时和他一起打 但是 |
[15:58] | – You’re not wild about it. – No. I mean… | – 你不喜欢打 – 不 我想说的是 |
[16:01] | the shoes. | 我受不了那鞋 |
[16:04] | Strange, isn’t it, | 说来还真奇怪 不是吗 |
[16:05] | the things we’ll do to be close to our children? | 为了亲近孩子我们什么都愿意干 |
[16:07] | Oh, yeah. | 可不是 |
[16:09] | I’ve let Frasier drag me to all kinds of places | 我也被Frasier拉去各种地方 |
[16:11] | I didn’t want to go to, | 其实我根本不想去 |
[16:12] | just so that I could spend some time with him. | 只是为了跟他一起度过一段时光 |
[16:14] | You know, sometimes, it’s hard to humor your kids, but… | 有时候很难去迎合孩子们 但是 |
[16:18] | It’s what we do. | 我们还是愿意去做 |
[16:20] | We’re fathers. | 我们是父亲啊 |
[16:21] | Exactly. | 没错 |
[16:22] | Marty… | Marty啊 |
[16:24] | would you be free for dinner sometime? | 你什么时候有空一起吃晚餐吗 |
[16:28] | Oh, gee, I, uh… | 噢 那个 我 呃 |
[16:30] | It’s all right. Never mind. | 没关系的 不要紧 |
[16:32] | No, no, no, no, I… I mean, I’d love to. | 不 不 我 我想说 我很乐意去 |
[16:34] | It’s just that, uh… | 但就是 呃 |
[16:35] | No need to explain. | 不用解释了 |
[16:36] | No, no, really, Ed, | 不 不 真的 Ed |
[16:37] | it’s not you. You’re a great guy. | 不是你的原因 你是个好人 |
[16:39] | It’s just that I’m… | 只是我 |
[16:42] | dating someone. | 已经在跟人约会了 |
[16:46] | Marty, you don’t have to spare my feelings. | Marty 你不用给我台阶下 |
[16:48] | No, no, really, it’s true. | 不 不 真的 我说的是真的 |
[16:51] | – Hello. – Darling! | – 你们好 – 亲爱的 |
[17:00] | Sorry. | 抱歉 |
[17:01] | Am I interrupting something? | 我有打扰到你们吗 |
[17:03] | Oh, not a thing, honey. | 噢 没那回事 甜心 |
[17:04] | Just take off your coat and stay a while. | 脱了外套过来陪我们会儿吧 |
[17:09] | Okay, um… | 好的 呃 |
[17:11] | I, uh, I felt bad about that squabble earlier, | 我 呃 我为早上的争吵感到抱歉 |
[17:13] | so I thought I’d drop off this little peace offering. | 想着过来表达一下歉意 |
[17:17] | As if I could stay mad at you. | 搞得好像我会一直生你的气似的 |
[17:22] | Uh, Edward, uh, this is my boyfriend, Niles. Uh… | 呃 Edward 呃 这是我的男朋友 Niles 呃 |
[17:27] | Niles, uh, this is Edward. We met at the opera tonight. | Niles 呃 这是Edward 我们今晚看歌剧认识的 |
[17:30] | – Delighted. – Hello. | – 你好 – 你好 |
[17:31] | You needn’t look so startled. | 你不用这么惊讶 |
[17:32] | I assure you, there’s nothing funny going on. | 我保证我们之间没什么的 |
[17:35] | Oh, good. | 噢 很好 |
[17:39] | Well, uh, why don’t we go put this on ice? | 呃 我们去把这个冰镇一下吧 |
[17:46] | Of course, the finest Gilda ever sung | 把Gilda唱得最好的 |
[17:49] | was by the great Mathilde DeCagny. | 当然是伟大的Mathilde DeCagny |
[17:52] | I actually have a recording. | 我其实有她的录音 |
[17:53] | I’d love to hear it. | 我很想听呢 |
[17:57] | Where’s Dad? | 我父亲去哪儿了 |
[17:58] | He’s in the kitchen with his boyfriend. | 他跟他的男朋友在厨房里 |
[18:02] | Oh! | 噢 |
[18:10] | Niles, what brings you here? | Niles 你怎么来了 |
[18:13] | Well, it’s my place, too! | 怎么了 这里也是我的地盘哪 |
[18:15] | I can have company if I want. | 我就不能有人陪了吗 |
[18:17] | Emily, this is Niles. | Emily 这是Niles |
[18:19] | – Hello. – Hi. | – 你好 – 嗨 |
[18:21] | Um… | 呃 |
[18:22] | I didn’t realize your father was seeing someone. | 我都不知道你父亲已经有男伴了 |
[18:24] | No, actually, I… I didn’t think he was. Um… | 不 其实 我 我也不知道 呃 |
[18:28] | Since when are you two an item? | 你们俩什么时候在一起的 |
[18:29] | Oh. | 噢 |
[18:30] | Two weeks now. | 已经两个星期了 |
[18:32] | We… we didn’t say anything about it yet, | 我 我们还没有公开这段关系 |
[18:34] | because… well… | 因为 那个 |
[18:38] | So many reasons. | 好多好多原因 |
[18:41] | You know, it’s getting late, Emily. | 有点晚了 Emily |
[18:43] | Oh, yes. | 哦 对 |
[18:44] | We should be going. | 我们该走了 |
[18:45] | No, no, please, please, | 不 不 拜托 |
[18:46] | stay for just five more minutes. | 请再多待五分钟 |
[18:48] | I… I have a very special old port | 我 我有一瓶非常沉香的波特葡萄酒 |
[18:50] | that I’d love for you to sample. | 希望你们能尝尝 |
[18:52] | Niles. | Niles 这边 |
[18:57] | How could you do this to me? | 你怎么能这么对我 |
[18:58] | This was not my idea! | 又不是我的主意 |
[19:00] | Niles… Emily just kissed me in the bedroom, | Niles 刚刚在卧室里Emily亲了我 |
[19:03] | and now she’s leaving. | 现在她却要走了 |
[19:04] | I have never been so embarrassed in my life. | 我这辈子从没这么尴尬过 |
[19:06] | You’re embarrassed?! | 你尴尬个什么 |
[19:08] | They think the best I can do is an old man with a cane! | 他们会认为我顶多也就能跟个拄拐杖的老男人约会 |
[19:14] | You have got to fix this! | 你得解决这个烂摊子 |
[19:16] | Oh, and how am I supposed to do that? | 噢 你说我该怎么做 |
[19:17] | Well, isn’t it obvious? | 还不明显吗 |
[19:18] | You’ve got to dump Dad! | 你得甩了爸 |
[19:21] | Ah, here you are. | 啊 酒来了 |
[19:23] | Really, you must try this. | 这绝对值得一试 |
[19:26] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[19:28] | So, Niles, you actually, uh, missed a… | 那么 Niles 你真的 呃 错过了 |
[19:30] | a splendid evening at the opera. | 在歌剧院的美妙一晚 |
[19:32] | Well, maybe I can catch it this weekend with Mel. | 没事 也许我可以过几天跟Mel去看 |
[19:34] | Oh, and who’s Mel? | 噢 Mel是谁啊 |
[19:35] | Damn you and your jealous questions! | 去你的 还有你嫉妒的问题 |
[19:37] | You don’t own me! | 我不属于你 |
[19:44] | Niles! I was only asking. | Niles 我只是随便问问 |
[19:46] | You’re always asking, badgering, spying on me! | 你总是在问我 纠缠我 监视我 |
[19:48] | Well, I won’t be suffocated anymore. | 你别想着再控制我了 |
[19:50] | I’m tired of being your trophy boy! | 我厌倦了当你的小白脸 |
[19:52] | It’s over, you hear me? Over! | 我们完了 听见吗 完了 |
[19:55] | And I’m keeping the jewelry! | 珠宝我是不会还你的 |
[20:04] | Oh, Dad. | 噢 爸 |
[20:06] | I’m so sorry. | 我很遗憾 |
[20:12] | Is there anything we can do? | 我们能为你做些什么吗 |
[20:15] | No, I’ll be all right. I… | 不 我没事的 我 |
[20:18] | I guess I always knew it wouldn’t last. | 我也知道不可能长久的 |
[20:20] | Marty… | Marty啊 |
[20:21] | the young ones never stay. | 年轻人可留不住啊 |
[20:25] | I know what will cheer you up. | 我知道什么东西能让你高兴 |
[20:27] | That “Rigoletto” recording. | 弄臣的歌剧录音 |
[20:29] | Oh, yes, splendid. | 噢 对 太好了 |
[20:30] | You know, Emily, I’d love to hear it, | Emily 我也很想听 |
[20:31] | but that shipment is arriving bright and early. | 但是明天一大早有货要来 |
[20:34] | Oh, right. | 噢 对 |
[20:36] | Uh, Frasier, | 呃 Frasier |
[20:38] | I wish I could stay, | 我很想留下 |
[20:40] | but I’m Edward’s ride. | 但我得送Edward回家 |
[20:42] | Yes, what a shame. | 是啊 好可惜 |
[20:44] | Well, I… I guess this is good night… | 我 我想该说晚安了 |
[20:46] | No, no, wait a minute. | 不 不 等等 |
[20:47] | Emily, uh… | Emily 呃 |
[20:49] | why don’t you just stay here with Frasier and enjoy the music. | 你留下来跟Frasier一起享受音乐吧 |
[20:54] | I’ll give Edward a ride home. | 我开车送Edward回家 |
[20:56] | You would do that, Dad? | 爸 你真的要这么做吗 |
[20:59] | Happy Valentine’s Day, son. | 情人节快乐 儿子 |
[21:02] | Thanks, Dad. | 爸 谢谢你 |
[21:03] | – All right, good night. – Good night. – Good night. | – 好了 晚安 – 晚安 – 晚安 |
[21:10] | It was so sweet of your father to do that. | 你父亲这么做真的好贴心 |
[21:14] | He really loves you, doesn’t he? | 他真的很爱你呀 |
[21:19] | You have no idea. | 你想象不出有多爱 |