时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:08] | How’s your coffee? | 你的咖啡怎么样 |
[00:10] | Oh, good. Good. | 哦 很好 很好 |
[00:13] | Yours? | 你的呢 |
[00:14] | Very nice. | 非常好 |
[00:15] | That’s good. | 那很好啊 |
[00:17] | Marty… we have no reason to be uncomfortable. | Marty 我们没必要感到不自在 |
[00:23] | We’re two consenting adults. | 我们是有自由意愿的成年人 |
[00:25] | What about your husband? He never consented. | 那你的丈夫的意愿呢 |
[00:28] | Stan loved you, Martin, and he loved me. | Stan爱你 Martin 他也爱我 |
[00:31] | If anything, he’s up in heaven right now | 我相信 他肯定会在天堂里 |
[00:33] | watching us and smiling. | 微笑地看着我们 |
[00:35] | You don’t think he was watching the whole time, do you? | 他不会时时刻刻都在看着我们吧 |
[00:39] | Not if heaven gets ESPN. | 天堂要是有ESPN体育台就不会 |
[00:42] | Come on, now, stop feeling guilty. | 好了 不要再感到内疚了 |
[00:44] | Okay. | 嗯 |
[00:46] | Hello, Dad! | Hello 老爸 |
[00:47] | Oh, Fras! | 哦 Fras |
[00:48] | You remember Claire Wojadubakowski? | 你还记得Claire Wojadubakowski吗 |
[00:50] | Yes, of course. | 是的 当然 |
[00:51] | Hello, Mrs. Wojadubakowski. | 你好 Wojadubakowski夫人 |
[00:52] | Good to see you again. | 很高兴再次见到你 |
[00:54] | Gosh, I’m sorry again about your loss. | 请您节哀顺变 |
[00:56] | Oh, thank you. | 哦 谢谢 |
[00:57] | He was a good man, your husband. | 你的丈夫是个好人 |
[00:58] | Dad’s often said if it weren’t for Stan, | 老爸常常说如果不是Stan的话 |
[01:00] | he wouldn’t have made it through the academy. | 他根本从警校毕不了业 |
[01:01] | – Isn’t that right? – That’s right. | – 是吧 – 是的 |
[01:02] | And didn’t he lend you the money for you first car? | 你买第一辆车时 不正是他借钱给你的吗 |
[01:05] | Yeah… yeah, he did. | 是啊 是啊 |
[01:07] | Of course, we all owe him | 当然 更让我们心存感激的是 |
[01:09] | for introducing Dad to Mom. | 他还是老爸老妈的媒人 |
[01:10] | Oh, God… | 噢 天哪 |
[01:12] | You know, Marty, I think we’d better go. | Marty 我们该走了 |
[01:14] | Oh, of course. | 哦 当然 |
[01:15] | Well, Claire, it was lovely seeing you again. | Claire 见到你很开心 |
[01:18] | Uh, please give my regards to your son, Martin. | 请代我问候你的儿子 Martin |
[01:20] | Oh, God… | 哦 天哪 |
[01:26] | Oh, hi, Roz. | 哦 嗨 Roz |
[01:27] | – Hey, Frasier. – Why don’t you join me? | – 嘿 Frasier – 你跟我坐一块儿吧 |
[01:28] | Well, aren’t you here with Niles? | 你不是跟Niles一起来的吗 |
[01:30] | No. Actually, I haven’t been seeing much of Niles lately. | 不 最近我都不大见得到Niles了 |
[01:32] | He spends all his time with Mel. | 他整天跟Mel泡在一起 |
[01:34] | Well, that’s what happens at the beginning of relationships. | 热恋期都是这个样子的呀 |
[01:37] | Can I have a decaf latte, please? | 请给我一杯低咖拿铁 |
[01:38] | Yes, and I’ll have my usual. Thank you. | 我还是要跟原来一样的 谢谢 |
[01:40] | Gosh, I do hope he hasn’t forgotten me completely. | 老天 真希望他没有把我完全抛之脑后 |
[01:43] | We have wine club tonight. | 今晚我们红酒俱乐部有活动 |
[01:44] | I’m sort of counting on him | 我还指望着他能为 |
[01:45] | to help me become Corkmaster. | 我成为软木塞大师助一臂之力呢 |
[01:49] | But you’ll still keep your secret identity | 但是你还是会保留你 |
[01:51] | as Frasier Crane, right? | 作为Frasier Crane的秘密身份 对吧 |
[01:54] | Corkmaster is the most prestigious position | 软木塞大师是我们俱乐部里 |
[01:56] | in our club. | 最有威望的职位 |
[01:57] | If elected, I plan to have vertical tastings | 如果我当选了 我计划举办纵向品酒会 |
[01:59] | and guest speakers, perhaps even a trip to Portugal | 邀请演讲嘉宾 甚至去葡萄牙旅行 |
[02:02] | where some of the world’s finest corks come from. | 那里是世界上最好的软木塞出产地之一 |
[02:04] | I wish I had a cork right now. | 真希望我现在就有一个软木塞(好堵你的嘴) |
[02:07] | That’s very funny, Roz. | 呵呵 Roz |
[02:09] | Anyway, I do hope Niles shows up. | 不管怎样 我真心希望Niles会出现 |
[02:10] | You know, Mel has a way of making him | 你知道 Mel总能让他 |
[02:12] | change his mind at the last minute. | 在最后关头改变主意 |
[02:15] | You know, I think she’s a bit manipulative. | 我觉得她有点喜欢操纵人 |
[02:17] | Based on what? | 为什么这么觉得 |
[02:19] | Well… I don’t know, a feeling. | 这个 我也不确定 就是一种感觉 |
[02:22] | So you really don’t know her that well? | 所以你其实没那么了解她 |
[02:25] | That’s true. You know, I really haven’t given her | 那倒是 我想 我还真没给她 |
[02:27] | much of a chance, I suppose. | 什么机会展示自己 |
[02:29] | Well, I suppose I could put together a… | 嗯 我可以搞一次 |
[02:31] | a little get-to-know-you event– | 小小的摸底活动 |
[02:32] | a-a Sunday brunch, perhaps. | 就办个周日早午餐好了 |
[02:34] | – There you go. – Yes, that’s a good idea, Roz. | – 这不就行了 – 是啊 这是个好主意 Roz |
[02:37] | Of course, I don’t want to make it seem | 当然了 我不想让她觉得 |
[02:38] | like she’s under the family microscope. | 自己被我们一家围着挑毛病 |
[02:40] | You know, maybe you could come along. | 对了 要不你也来吧 |
[02:42] | – Oh, I guess I could. – Great! | – 哦 行啊 – 好极了 |
[02:43] | Oh, and by Sunday, you’ll be Corkman. | 哦 到了周日 你就会成为软木塞侠了 |
[02:47] | Corkmaster. Thank you, Roz. | 是软木塞大师 谢谢 Roz |
[02:50] | Actually, I won’t know | 再说了 还得等今晚 |
[02:51] | until after the election tonight, | 选举结果出来了才能确定 |
[02:52] | but you know, I’ll let you know. | 但是 一有消息了我就通知你 |
[02:53] | Or I could just look up in the sky for the cork signal. | 我直接夜观星象不就知道了 |
[02:57] | Very amusing, Roz. | 非常好笑 Roz |
[02:58] | If you win, I’d love a ride in the Corkmobile. | 如果你赢了 我要坐你的软木塞战车 |
[03:00] | All right, Roz! | 够了 Roz |
[03:08] | Niles Niles? | |
[03:10] | Oh, don’t you look dashing! | 哦 你看起来帅极了 |
[03:15] | I brought you a nice bottle of Cheval Blanc… | 我给你带了一瓶不错的白马葡萄酒 |
[03:17] | – Oh! – …to impress the wine club. | – 哦 – 来给红酒俱乐部留下好印象 |
[03:19] | Mrs. Briggs gave it to me as a thank-you | Briggs女士在她的面部拉皮手术之后 |
[03:22] | after her last face lift. | 把它送给我当作谢礼 |
[03:24] | 61? I don’t believe it! | 61年的 我不敢相信 |
[03:26] | Yes, that’s what they’re saying about Mrs. Briggs. | 是的 那也是他们对Briggs女士的评价 |
[03:30] | Oh, this is the perfect occasion | 我带这瓶酒去参加今晚活动 |
[03:31] | for me to bring this wine. | 实在太完美了 |
[03:33] | We’re electing a new president tonight. | 我们今晚要选举一位新主席 |
[03:34] | – Oh? – Yes. | – 哦 – 是的 |
[03:36] | And I promised Frasier I’d nominate him. | 我答应了Frasier我会推荐他 |
[03:37] | Oh, did I mention brunch at Frasier’s tomorrow? | 哦 我有提到明天要去Frasier家吃早午餐吗 |
[03:40] | Oh, yes, darling. | 是的 亲爱的 |
[03:42] | Well, I’m so happy my rare and expensive bottle | 真高兴我那罕见且昂贵的红酒 |
[03:44] | will benefit your brother. | 会让你哥哥受益 |
[03:46] | Oh, that tie’s all wrong. Let me? | 哦 那条领带搭错了 我来吧 |
[03:47] | Yes, of course, of course. | 是的 当然 当然 |
[03:49] | Yes, well, uh, ever since the day | 是啊 自从他加入 |
[03:50] | he joined the wine club, | 红酒俱乐部的那天起 |
[03:51] | Frasier’s dreamed of becoming Corkmaster. | Frasier就梦想着成为软木塞大师 |
[03:54] | Oh… | 哦 |
[03:55] | good choice. | 选得好 |
[03:57] | I think it’s wonderful– I really do– | 我觉得这很棒 我真的这么觉得 |
[04:00] | helping your brother win this prestigious post. | 帮助你哥哥赢得这个令人尊敬的职位 |
[04:02] | Well, Frasier deserves it. | 这是Frasier应得的 |
[04:03] | Because, uh, he knows more about wine than you do. | 是因为 呃 因为他比你更懂酒吗 |
[04:06] | I wouldn’t say that. | 我倒不会这么说 |
[04:07] | Well, he’s probably been in the club longer. | 那他大概在俱乐部里待得更久吧 |
[04:10] | No, actually, I sponsored his membership. | 不 事实上 还是我保荐他成为会员的 |
[04:12] | Oh! Well, so you’ve never wanted | 哦 所以你从来没有想过 |
[04:14] | that honor for yourself? | 自己得到那份荣誉吗 |
[04:16] | I wouldn’t say never. | 我也不是没想过 |
[04:18] | Who hasn’t nursed the dream | 谁不曾梦想过有朝一日 |
[04:19] | of one day becoming Corkmaster? | 成为软木塞大师呢 |
[04:22] | Well, I’m sure Frasier at least asked | 那Frasier起码问过你 |
[04:24] | if you were interested. | 是不是也有兴趣吧 |
[04:28] | Well, now that you mention it, no, he didn’t. | 嗯 现在回想一下 没有 他没问 |
[04:31] | Oh. And you don’t resent it? | 哦 你不感到气愤吗 |
[04:34] | Well… you see, that’s why I love you. | 你看 这就是我爱你的原因 |
[04:37] | Because most people would. | 因为大多数人就会心怀不满 |
[04:40] | I would… bitterly, but then, I’m not you, | 我就会 忿忿不平 但是话说回来 我又不是你 |
[04:42] | and I don’t know what’s best for you. | 我不知道什么才是对你最好的 |
[04:44] | And now the jacket’s wrong. | 现在夹克又不搭了 |
[04:47] | You think I should call him on this? | 你觉得我应该打电话跟他谈谈吗 |
[04:49] | Oh, please, the last thing I want to do | 哦 拜托 我绝不想 |
[04:50] | is come between you and your brother. | 离间你们兄弟的感情 |
[04:53] | He knows perfectly well how much I’ve coveted this post. | 他明明知道我有多渴望这个职位 |
[04:56] | I distinctly confided my aspirations to him | 春季品酒会那晚 |
[04:58] | the night Judge Rivington fell off the ferry | Rivington法官从渡轮上掉下去的时候 |
[04:59] | after the spring tasting. | 我就很明确地把我的志向告诉他了 |
[05:02] | Well, I’m sure he just forgot. | 我相信他只是忘记了 |
[05:04] | No, no, don’t defend him. | 不 不 不要维护他 |
[05:05] | Here. | 来 |
[05:07] | He’s always putting himself first, | 他总是把自己放在第一位 |
[05:09] | and I always let him. | 我也总是放任他 |
[05:10] | Why, Niles? | 为什么 Niles |
[05:11] | Oh, I don’t know. | 噢 我也不知道 |
[05:12] | I think perhaps it’s because… | 我觉得可能是因为 |
[05:13] | I’ll tell you why. | 我来告诉你为什么 |
[05:15] | Because you can’t see yourself | 因为你没有正确地 |
[05:16] | for what you really are. | 认识自己 |
[05:19] | You are a powerful… | 你是一个强大 |
[05:21] | sexy… | 性感 |
[05:23] | dynamic colossus of a man. | 充满活力的大男人 |
[05:29] | In other words… | 换句话说 |
[05:31] | the perfect Corkmaster. | 就是完美的软木塞大师 |
[05:36] | I am, aren’t I? | 我的确是 |
[05:39] | Don’t let anyone… | 别让任何人 |
[05:41] | anyone ever take that away from you. | 把它从你那儿夺走 |
[05:47] | And now that’s all I’m going to say, | 我就不多说了 |
[05:48] | because I love you | 因为我爱你 |
[05:49] | and I don’t want to meddle. | 我不想干涉你的事情 |
[05:56] | Oh, Niles, finally you’re here! | 哦 Niles 你终于来了 |
[05:58] | – Sorry I’m late. – No, that’s all right. | – 抱歉我迟到了 – 不 没关系 |
[05:59] | It’s just that the nominations are about to begin. | 只是选举快要开始了 |
[06:00] | Now, look, here’s what I thought we would do: | 我觉得咱们应该这么做 |
[06:02] | After you nominate me, | 在你推荐我之后 |
[06:03] | I will demure modestly for a moment | 我会佯作谦虚一会儿 |
[06:05] | and then I’ll say something like… | 然后我就说 |
[06:06] | I want to be Corkmaster. | 我想当软木塞大师 |
[06:08] | Well, that’s a bit artless, don’t you think? | 这也太直白了吧 |
[06:12] | No, no. I want to be Corkmaster, too. | 不 不 我也想当软木塞大师 |
[06:14] | I covet this post as much as you do. | 我和你一样渴望着这个职位 |
[06:16] | I always have, and I think I deserve a shot at it. | 我一直都是 我认为我也有资格尝试一下 |
[06:19] | But, Niles, I’ve been campaigning for this all week. | 但是 Niles 整个星期我都在忙竞选的事 |
[06:21] | I was counting on you to nominate me. | 我还指望着你推荐我呢 |
[06:23] | And I will. | 我会的 |
[06:23] | I’m just hoping that you’ll return the favor… | 我只是希望你也能推荐我 |
[06:26] | unless, that is, you’re afraid of a little competition. | 除非 你怕输给我 |
[06:29] | May I have your attention? | 请大家注意一下 |
[06:30] | My friends, as outgoing Corkmaster, | 朋友们 作为即将卸任的的软木塞大师 |
[06:34] | I would like to thank those of you who stuck with me | 我想要感谢那些在不堪回首的汽酒门事件中 |
[06:37] | during the ugly days of Spritzer-gate. | 依然追随我的人 |
[06:41] | But the time has come | 但现在是时候 |
[06:42] | to pass the tasting cup. | 把品酒杯传递下去了 |
[06:44] | Are there any nominations? Niles? | 有任何推荐吗 Niles |
[06:48] | It is an honor and a privilege | 我很高兴也很荣幸 |
[06:49] | to nominate my brother, Frasier Crane. | 推荐我的哥哥 Frasier Crane |
[06:53] | Fine. Any others? | 好的 还有其他人吗 |
[06:56] | Yes. I would like to, uh, reciprocate | 是的 我想要 呃 回报 |
[06:59] | and nominate… my brother, | 并推荐我的弟弟 |
[07:02] | Niles Crane Niles Crane. | |
[07:03] | Oh. Well done. | 哦 干得好 |
[07:06] | And are there any further nominations? | 那还有其他推荐吗 |
[07:09] | Well, then, um… | 那么 |
[07:09] | a show of hands, please, | 请举手表决吧 |
[07:10] | for those in favor of Frasier Crane. | 支持Frasier Crane的请举手 |
[07:13] | 1 2 3 4 5 6 One, two, three, four, five, six, | |
[07:19] | And those in favor of Niles Crane. | 支持Niles Crane的请举手 |
[07:22] | 1 2 3 4 5 One, two, three, four, five, | |
[07:23] | 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 six, seven, eight, nine, ten, 11, 12, 13. | |
[07:28] | Oh! 14. | 哦 14 |
[07:30] | Oh, a tie. | 是个平局 |
[07:33] | If only our venerable founder Virgil Hefflewhite | 要是我们德高望重的创始人Virgil Hefflewhite |
[07:35] | were here to guide us. | 在这儿指引我们就好了 |
[07:36] | I’m over here! | 我在这儿呢 |
[07:38] | Oh, sorry, Virgil. I didn’t see you. | 哦 抱歉 Virgil 我没看到你 |
[07:42] | So, uh, what is the procedure? | 所以 呃 接下来该怎么办呢 |
[07:47] | Blind taste-off. Five bottles. | 蒙眼品酒对决 五瓶为限 |
[08:00] | Oh, for God’s sake, Niles! | 哦 苍天呐 Niles |
[08:02] | That wine spent less time in the bottle. | 这酒都没在瓶子里待那么久 |
[08:05] | All right, gentlemen, you have correctly identified the first three wines. | 好了 先生们 你们已经正确地辨认出了前三瓶酒 |
[08:07] | Let’s see if number four can break the tie. | 让我们看看第四瓶能不能打破这个平局 |
[08:10] | Niles Niles? | |
[08:11] | It was ripe, round and thoroughly seductive. | 这酒醇美可口 丰满圆润且十分诱人 |
[08:15] | I said… Australian Shiraz. | 我觉得 这是澳洲莎瑞斯 |
[08:18] | Uh-huh. And Frasier, what did you think? | 嗯哼 Frasier 你是怎么想的呢 |
[08:21] | Well, contrary to my brother, | 我的答案跟我弟弟有区别 |
[08:22] | I thought it was dark, dusky and supple… | 我觉得它醇厚 阴郁且柔和 |
[08:26] | but I also said Australian Shiraz. | 但我也认为是澳洲莎瑞斯 |
[08:30] | You’re both right! | 你们都答对了 |
[08:32] | We’re still tied. | 我们还是平手 |
[08:34] | Niles Well, Niles… | |
[08:36] | it’s the moment of truth. | 关键时刻到了 |
[08:37] | Don’t choke. | 可别呛着了 |
[08:38] | Please. Prepare to be stomped | 拜托 你就是一瓶晚收型琼瑶浆酒 |
[08:40] | like a late-harvest Gewurztraminer. | 等着被我碾碎吧 |
[09:02] | Gentlemen? | 先生们 |
[09:04] | It was jammy, plummy, dense and chewy. | 果酱味 像李子 稠密浓厚有嚼劲 |
[09:12] | There is no doubt in my mind | 毫无疑问 |
[09:14] | that it was a Napa Valley Merlot. | 这是纳帕谷梅洛 |
[09:18] | And you, Frasier? | Frasier你呢 |
[09:19] | A nice, big wine with excellent heft. | 入口味道佳 但后劲十足 |
[09:22] | It’s Napa, all right, but as I always say, | 的确是纳帕谷的 但就像我常说的 |
[09:25] | “Why go Merlot when you can call a cab?” | 既有解百纳 何需梅洛酒 |
[09:31] | I thought this bottle might trip you up. Gentlemen, | 我就知道这瓶酒可能会骗到你们 先生们 |
[09:35] | It’s actually a blend of 45% cabernet… | 这其实是45%的解百纳 |
[09:39] | And…? | 还有呢 |
[09:40] | And 55% Merlot! | 加上55%的梅洛 |
[09:42] | Niles wins by ten percent! | Niles以百分之十的优势获胜 |
[09:51] | Well, Niles, congratulations. | 好吧 Niles 祝贺你 |
[09:53] | Obviously, the better man won, and… | 很显然 强者获胜 还有 |
[09:55] | Frasier, please. | Frasier 不要啦 |
[09:56] | No, Niles, don’t be modest. | 不 Niles 别谦虚 |
[09:57] | No, I wasn’t. They’re starting my inauguration. | 不 我没有 他们开始我的就职典礼了 |
[10:01] | *Hail Corkmaster, the master of the cork.* | *软木塞大师万岁 软木塞之王* |
[10:06] | *He knows which wine goes with fish or pork* | *他知道什么酒该配鱼还是猪* |
[10:11] | *Hail Corkmaster, the master of the cork…* | *软木塞大师万岁 软木塞之王* |
[10:18] | the whole purpose of this brunch is to get to know Mel better, | 我弄这个早午餐就是为了多了解一下Mel |
[10:20] | but it just hurts the hell out of me | 但我都要被气炸了 |
[10:22] | preparing a-a sumptuous brunch for Niles | 在红酒俱乐部Niles那样背叛我之后 |
[10:24] | after the way he betrayed me at the wine club. | 我还要给他准备一顿丰盛的早午餐 |
[10:26] | Oh, would you shut up about that Corkmaster thing? | 哦 你能不能不提软木塞大师那回事了 |
[10:29] | I already hate you for putting that song in my head. | 你用那首歌把我洗脑了还不够吗 |
[10:34] | Okay, it’s all clear. | 好了 这里没人 |
[10:42] | Thanks for dropping off my Tupperware. | 谢谢你顺道把我的保鲜盒带回来 |
[10:44] | Oh, oh, it’s no trouble at all. | 哦 哦 一点都不麻烦 |
[10:46] | I was headed out to church this morning… | 今天早上我打算去教堂 |
[10:48] | …and I thought, “Oh, Marty’s right on the way.” | 我就想啊 “哦 正好顺路可以去Marty家” |
[10:52] | – What’s the matter with us? – Oh, Martin, | – 我们到底怎么了 – 哦 Martin |
[10:54] | we have done nothing wrong. | 我们什么也没做错 |
[10:57] | I mean, maybe we were a little impetuous, | 我是说 也许我们是有点冲动 |
[10:59] | but that’s no crime. | 但那算不上罪过 |
[11:01] | Yeah, I guess you’re right. | 是啊 你说得对 |
[11:02] | Well, listen, thanks for dropping by, | 谢谢你顺路过来 |
[11:04] | and-and I’ll call you. | 我会给你打电话的 |
[11:08] | Mrs. Wojadubakowski. | Wojadubakowski夫人 |
[11:09] | Yeah, look who just got here! | 是啊 看看谁到了 |
[11:12] | Come on in. How are you? | 进来吧 你好吗 |
[11:13] | Fine, fine. | 好 我很好 |
[11:15] | I didn’t even hear the doorbell ring. | 我都没听到门铃响 |
[11:17] | What brings you here? | 什么风把你吹过来了 |
[11:18] | Oh, she just, uh, brought me back my chili bowl. | 哦 她只是 把我的辣酱碗带回来了 |
[11:21] | Oh. | 哦 |
[11:22] | Well, thanks a lot, and I’ll see you later. | 那多谢了 回头见啊 |
[11:24] | No, Dad, where are your manners? | 别这样 老爸 你怎么这么没礼貌 |
[11:26] | Why don’t you join us for brunch, Claire? | 你跟我们一起用早午餐吧 Claire |
[11:27] | I insist. | 我坚持 |
[11:29] | I’m not sure that we’ll be able to give you a treat | 我不确定我们能不能给你 |
[11:31] | as spicy as the one that Dad gave you, but… | 像老爸那样火辣的招待 但是 |
[11:38] | Yes, he does make very good chili. | 是啊 他的确做得一手好辣酱 |
[11:40] | Isn’t that flattering, Dad? | 真是荣幸啊 老爸 |
[11:41] | You know, I think someone wants seconds. | 我觉得某人想要再来一份哟 |
[11:47] | Uh, Fras, could I see you | 呃 Fras 我能不能 |
[11:48] | i- n the kitchen for a minute? – Yes, of course. | – 跟你到厨房里说句话 – 当然可以 |
[11:49] | Uh, Claire, you’ll make yourself at home. | 呃 Claire 你随意 |
[11:54] | Oh, splendid idea, Roz– Bloody Marys. | 哦 好主意 Roz 血腥玛丽 |
[11:57] | You know, why don’t you offer one of those to Claire? | 哎 你去给Claire拿一杯吧 |
[11:59] | Oh, I don’t think she’s got time. | 哦 我觉得她应该没时间 |
[12:00] | I’ll ask her. | 我去问她 |
[12:01] | Mrs. Wojadubakowski, Mr. Crane was wondering | Wojadubakowski女士 Crane先生想问你 |
[12:04] | if you have time for a quick one? | 有没有时间来一杯(打一炮) |
[12:11] | Look, uh, Frasier, there’s something | 呃 Frasier 有件事我得告诉你 |
[12:12] | you should know about me and Claire. | 是关于我跟Claire的 |
[12:15] | We just slept together. | 我们昨晚在一起了 |
[12:19] | Are you sure? | 你确定吗 |
[12:20] | She just got here two minutes ago. | 她两分钟之前才到啊 |
[12:22] | She was here earlier. | 她早就来了 |
[12:24] | I just don’t know what came over us. | 我不知道我们中了什么邪 |
[12:25] | You know, we couldn’t keep our hands off each other. | 就是无法不去碰触对方 |
[12:28] | We were like animals or sex-crazed teenagers. | 我们就像动物或者嗜性成狂的青少年 |
[12:30] | Well, what’s wrong with that? | 那又怎么了 |
[12:31] | Well, I’ll tell you what’s wrong with that. | 我来告诉你那怎么了 |
[12:33] | She’s Stan’s widow. | 她是Stan的寡妇 |
[12:34] | I mean, he didn’t even like it when I borrowed his lawn mower. | 老天爷 我跟他借除草机 他都不高兴 |
[12:38] | Dad, listen, | 老爸 听着 |
[12:39] | Stan’s been gone a while now. | Stan已经去世一段时间了 |
[12:40] | I mean, you’re not teenagers. | 你们都不是年轻人了 |
[12:42] | You’re two mature people reaching out | 你们是两个成年人 |
[12:43] | for some companionship. | 寻求一些陪伴 |
[12:44] | I think it’s adorable. | 我觉得这很萌啊 |
[12:46] | “Adorable”? | “萌” |
[12:49] | Oh, good morning, Dr. Crane. | 哦 早上好 Crane医生 |
[12:51] | Hello, Daphne. | 你好 Daphne |
[12:52] | My, isn’t that | 天呢 这真是 |
[12:53] | a beautiful outfit? | 一套漂亮的衣服呢 |
[12:54] | Oh, thank you, Dr. Crane. How sweet. | 哦 谢谢你 Crane医生 你嘴真甜 |
[12:57] | So just beep me if you need me. | 需要我时就呼我 |
[12:58] | Oh, greetings, all. | 哦 大家好呀 |
[13:00] | Uh, Mel, I think you know everyone. | 呃 Mel 我想每个人你都认识吧 |
[13:01] | – Hello, Mel. – Hello. | – 你好 Mel – 你好 |
[13:02] | Oh, Mrs. Wojadubakowski, what a nice surprise. | 噢 Wojadubakowski女士 真是个愉快的惊喜 |
[13:05] | Uh, this is Mel Karnofsky. | 呃 这是Mel Karnofsky |
[13:07] | – Hello. – It’s a pleasure to meet you. | – 你好 – 很高兴见到你 |
[13:09] | Martin, I really have to be getting to church. | Martin 我真的得去教堂了 |
[13:11] | Oh, yeah, sure, okay. | 哦 是啊 当然 好的 |
[13:13] | Well, I’ll just walk you out. | 那我送你出去 |
[13:15] | And by the way, I’m so sorry | 哦 对了 关于您丈夫的噩耗 |
[13:16] | to hear about your husband. | 我很遗憾 |
[13:17] | Oh, thank you, thank you. | 哦 谢谢 谢谢 |
[13:19] | I understand Dad’s been doing what he can to fill the void. | 我了解到老爸正在尽他所能填补你心中空缺 |
[13:25] | See you. | 再见 |
[13:27] | – May I pour you a Bloody Mary, Mel? – Not for me. | – 要我给你倒一杯血腥玛丽吗 Mel – 不用了 |
[13:29] | It’s a little early in the day | 这个点喝烈酒 |
[13:30] | for hard liquor, don’t you think? | 有点太早了 是不是 |
[13:32] | Not anymore. | 不会吧 |
[13:35] | Niles, let’s get this gravlax in the refrigerator. | Niles 咱们把这个腌制三文鱼放进冰箱里吧 |
[13:37] | Oh, hello, Eddie. Or should I say good-bye? | 哦 你好呀 Eddie 或者我应该说再见 |
[13:40] | – Huh? – Well, Martin, I’m sure you’ll be | – 啊 – Martin 你肯定会把Eddie |
[13:42] | locking Eddie out on the balcony | 关到阳台上去吧 |
[13:44] | if people are going to be eating here. | 我们要在这里吃饭呢 |
[13:46] | Boy, I’ll tell you who I’d like | 天哪 让我告诉你我想把谁 |
[13:47] | to lock out on the balcony. | 关到阳台上去吧 |
[13:51] | Oh, please, let it be me. | 哦 拜托 把我关出去吧 |
[13:55] | Now, now, may I remind you | 好啦 好啦 我提醒你们 |
[13:57] | that we are having this little brunch | 我们办这次早午餐 |
[13:58] | in order to get acquainted with Mel. | 就是为了和Mel熟络起来 |
[14:00] | We owe it to Niles to give her a chance. | 看在Niles的份上 我们也要给她一个机会 |
[14:02] | I agree with Dr. Crane. | 我同意Crane医生的看法 |
[14:04] | We should all have another Bloody Mary. | 我们都应该再来一杯血腥玛丽 |
[14:08] | I didn’t say that. | 我没那么说 |
[14:09] | It was implied. | 你暗示了 |
[14:11] | Oh, Frasier, | 哦 Frasier |
[14:13] | I almost forgot. | 我差点忘了 |
[14:14] | The Corkmaster and I brought this along for you. | 我和软木塞大师把这个给你带过来了 |
[14:17] | Oh, well, thank you very much. | 哦 非常感谢 |
[14:18] | It’s a lovely bottle. | 真是瓶漂亮的酒 |
[14:19] | I guess, uh, Niles must have told you | 我猜 呃 Niles一定告诉了你 |
[14:21] | about his eleventh-hour victory. | 他最后关头的胜利吧 |
[14:23] | Oh, yes, and I’m so proud of him. | 哦 是的 我为他感到骄傲 |
[14:25] | Well, let’s give credit | 我们还是把功劳 |
[14:26] | where credit’s due– to Mel. | 给真正立功的人吧 Mel |
[14:29] | Mel To Mel? | |
[14:30] | Well, yes, it was her idea that I should run. | 对啊 我参选是她的主意 |
[14:33] | Really? Well… perhaps I’ll just put this around the corner | 真的吗 也许我应该在瓶塞飞出来打到某人之前 |
[14:36] | before the cork flies out and hits someone. | 把这瓶酒放到角落那儿去 |
[14:42] | So, after all these years | 所以 在做了这么多年的 |
[14:44] | of doing tummy tucks and liposuctions, | 腹部拉皮术和抽脂手术之后 |
[14:48] | I can look at a fully-clothed person | 就算我看见一个穿戴整齐的人 |
[14:50] | and see exactly what they look like naked. | 也能看出他们不穿衣服是什么样子 |
[14:54] | I can see every sag, droop, | 我能看见每一处松散 下垂 |
[14:56] | ripple and pucker. | 纹路和褶子 |
[14:59] | It’s like X-ray vision. | 就像X光一样 |
[15:00] | How interesting. | 多有趣啊 |
[15:03] | I think I’ll go check on breakfast. | 我去看看早餐好了吗 |
[15:07] | Let me give you a hand with that. | 我来帮你一把 |
[15:15] | When you invited me, | 你邀请我的时候 |
[15:16] | did you say “Brunch for Mel” Or “Brunch from hell”? | 说的是”给Mel的早午餐”还是”来自地狱的早午餐” |
[15:19] | Oh! That woman is unbearable. | 噢 那女人简直让人无法忍受 |
[15:23] | Well, guess who’s allergic to Eddie? | 猜猜谁对Eddie过敏 |
[15:26] | She wants a glass of water to take her pill with. | 她想要一杯水来吃她的药 |
[15:29] | You know what I can’t stand? | 你知道我最受不了什么吗 |
[15:30] | All that “Sweety-dearie-darling” Stuff. | 那些”小可爱甜心小亲亲”之类的东西 |
[15:32] | I’ve never met anybody so phony. | 我从没见过这么虚伪的人 |
[15:34] | Hello, dear. Here’s your water. | 你好呀 亲爱哒 给你的水 |
[15:37] | Thank you, Martin. | 谢谢你 Martin |
[15:39] | Well, Frasier, I’m afraid I have some bad news. | Frasier 恐怕我有些坏消息 |
[15:42] | Mm, I just got beeped by my service and I have to go. | 嗯 我的诊所刚呼我回去了 |
[15:46] | Oh, gosh, I’m so sorry. | 哦 天哪 真遗憾 |
[15:47] | Thank you for brunch, though. | 不过谢谢你的早午餐了 |
[15:48] | Thanks for inviting me. | 多谢你邀请我 |
[15:49] | It’s such a civilized way to spend an afternoon. | 这真是一个度过下午的文明方式 |
[15:52] | *With her head tucked underneath her arm* | *她的头颅夹在臂下* |
[15:56] | *She walks the bloody tower.* | *她行走在血腥之塔上* |
[15:58] | You know who that song’s about, don’t you? | 你知道这首歌是关于谁的吧 |
[16:00] | Bloody Mary? | 血腥玛丽 |
[16:01] | Oh, don’t mind if I do. | 好呀 我再来一杯 |
[16:05] | Well, anyway, I-I’d better go. | 总之 我得走了 |
[16:08] | Darling, I have your coat. | 亲爱的 我拿着你的外套呢 |
[16:09] | I’ll walk you to the elevator. | 我送你进电梯 |
[16:11] | Well, thank you all for a lovely afternoon. | 感谢大家给了我一个美妙的下午 |
[16:14] | – Yes, bye, Mel. – Bye. | – 是的 再见 Mel – 拜 |
[16:16] | Lovely to see you. | 见到你真好 |
[16:18] | Well, that’s a blessing. | 老天保佑她终于走了 |
[16:19] | Now we can enjoy our breakfast. | 现在我们可以享受我们的早餐了 |
[16:21] | I doubt it. | 不太可能 |
[16:23] | I was only allowed to make a cheese-free, | 我只能做一份不加奶酪 |
[16:24] | mushroom-free, fat-free frittata, | 不加蘑菇 不加脂肪的素馅煎蛋饼 |
[16:27] | thanks to the girl in the plastic bubble. | 咱那住在塑料泡泡里的女王吩咐的 |
[16:31] | I think I’ll order a pizza. | 我想我还是订个披萨吧 |
[16:35] | You know… I have half a mind | 知道吗 我有点想对Niles |
[16:38] | to say something to Niles. | 说点什么 |
[16:39] | He is making a terrible mistake with that woman. | 他跟那个女人在一起是个可怕的错误 |
[16:40] | – Now, Frasier… – But, Dad, it is Maris all over again! | – Frasier – 但是 爸 这完全是Maris卷土重来了 |
[16:43] | She’s dominating him, emasculating him. | 她在操纵他 阉割他的男子气概 |
[16:45] | Look, I don’t like her any more than you do, | 我并不比你更喜欢她 |
[16:46] | and God knows we’ve been through this before. | 天知道这已经不是第一次了 |
[16:48] | I didn’t like Lilith, we both didn’t like Maris, | 我不喜欢Lilith 我们都不喜欢Maris |
[16:50] | and you boys sure as hell didn’t like Sherry, | 你们更是相当不喜欢Sherry |
[16:53] | but what good did it do talking about it? | 但是说这些又有什么用呢 |
[16:54] | But he’s repeating a terrible pattern. | 可是他在重蹈覆辙 |
[16:56] | Well, he’s going to repeat it whether you like it or not, | 可是你说什么也无济于事啊 |
[16:58] | and if you say anything, you’re just going | 而且 你只会 |
[16:59] | to drive a wedge between you, | 为你们之间徒增隔阂 |
[17:00] | so nobody’s going to say a word. | 所以大家什么也别说 |
[17:03] | Well, it’s a shame Mel had to leave. | 真可惜Mel得走了 |
[17:05] | Oh, yeah, yeah. | 哦 是啊 是啊 |
[17:06] | You know, we were having such a good time. | 你知道的 我们玩得那么开心 |
[17:08] | Yes, Niles. | 是的 Niles |
[17:10] | Actually, I was nervous bringing her over here. | 想到要带她过来 我其实挺紧张的 |
[17:13] | I was concerned… I was concerned | 我担心 我是担心 |
[17:14] | what you’d think, you know, | 你们会怎么想 你知道的 |
[17:15] | getting to really know her the first time. | 第一次这样深入地了解她 |
[17:19] | So? | 所以呢 |
[17:20] | Ooh! | 哦 |
[17:21] | I’m going to go let Eddie in. | 我得去把Eddie放进来 |
[17:23] | Come on, seriously. | 拜托 认真点啦 |
[17:24] | I-I-I-I want you to be totally honest. | 我 我 想让你完全诚实 |
[17:26] | Really. Tell me. | 地告诉我 |
[17:27] | What do you think of Mel? | 你觉得Mel怎么样 |
[17:28] | Oh, I don’t like her at all. | 噢 我一点都不喜欢她 |
[17:31] | She’s bossy and fussy and mean. | 她霸道鸡毛又刻薄 |
[17:33] | She’s all wrong for you. | 完全不适合你 |
[17:34] | Yes, I need a large pepperoni pizza. | 是的 我要一个大份意大利辣香肠披萨 |
[17:37] | Yeah, and some cheese bread. | 对 还要一些芝士面包 |
[17:40] | I’m sure she didn’t mean that, Niles. | 我相信她不是真这么想 Niles |
[17:44] | Well… that was startling. | 啊 这还真令人吃惊 |
[17:46] | Yes, well, don’t take that seriously, Niles. | 是的 呃 不要往心里去 Niles |
[17:48] | You know how women sometimes just form | 你知道有些时候女人们会对彼此 |
[17:49] | irrational dislikes for one another. | 产生不理智的厌恶 |
[17:52] | Oh! That’s great. | 哦 好极了 |
[17:54] | I leave the room for one second, and you rat me out. | 我才离开房间一会儿 你就把我给卖了 |
[17:56] | – No, Roz… – No, that’s okay. | – 不是的 Roz – 不 没关系 |
[17:58] | I don’t have anything to hide, | 我没什么可隐瞒的 |
[17:59] | and I’m not irrational. | 还有我很理智 |
[18:01] | She’s pushy, demanding and a gigantic pain in the ass. | 她咄咄逼人强人所难 还是个巨大的烦人精 |
[18:08] | I’d dump her like radioactive waste. | 要我就像扔核废料那样把她给甩了 |
[18:12] | Well, so that’s two of you in the anti-Mel camp. | 所以现在有两个反Mel阵营的人了 |
[18:16] | Oh, did you tell him what you thought of Mel, too? | 哦 你也告诉他你对Mel的看法了吗 |
[18:22] | No, Daphne did. | 没有 是Daphne说的 |
[18:24] | Oops. | 啊呀 |
[18:28] | Frasier Frasier? | |
[18:30] | I just think she’s-she’s Maris all over again. | 我只是觉得她太像Maris了 |
[18:31] | She’s manipulative. | 她控制欲很强 |
[18:32] | I think you’re repeating a terrible pattern. | 我认为你在重复同样的错误 |
[18:34] | Oh, well, isn’t this neat? | 哦 这真是好极了 |
[18:35] | We all have our individual reasons for disliking her. | 大家都有不喜欢她的理由 |
[18:37] | Hey, Dad, what’s your reason | 嘿 老爸 你不喜欢Mel的 |
[18:38] | for disliking Mel? | 理由是什么 |
[18:39] | So you did tell him what you think of her! | 所以你还是说了自己对她的看法了 |
[18:41] | And after shoving me into the kitchen | 亏你还把我塞到厨房里 |
[18:43] | and shaking your freakin’ finger at me. | 对着我摇你那该死的手指头 |
[18:48] | She’s crazy, Niles. | 她疯了 Niles |
[18:49] | I-I-I don’t know what she’s talking about. | 我 我 我不知道她在说什么 |
[18:50] | No, no, that’s all right, Dad. | 不 不 没关系 老爸 |
[18:52] | I, uh… I asked you all to be honest, and you were. | 我 呃 我让你们诚实回答 你们做到了 |
[18:55] | I got my answer. | 我得到了我的答案 |
[18:58] | You know, what would have been nice | 要知道 要是你们中的任何一个人 |
[18:59] | is if one of you could have found | 能找到一个她的优点 |
[19:01] | one nice thing to say about her. | 那也好啊 |
[19:11] | She does have that X-ray vision. | 她的确是有X光视线 |
[19:24] | Did you talk to Niles? | 你跟Niles谈了吗 |
[19:26] | Mm. I left a couple of messages, but no answer. | 嗯 我留了几条消息给他 但是他没有回我 |
[19:29] | I think he’s going to have to stay mad for a while. | 我想他还要再气一会儿 |
[19:32] | Yeah, well, | 啊 好吧 |
[19:33] | that was a hell of a brunch | 还真是一次折磨人的早午餐 |
[19:34] | all the way around for you as well as me. | 对咱俩来说都是 |
[19:38] | Dad, if you’re talking about what happened with you | 老爸 如果你是在说你和Wojadubakowski夫人 |
[19:40] | and Mrs. Wojadubakowski, | 之间的事情 |
[19:41] | I mean, you have nothing to be ashamed of. | 我觉得那根本没有什么 |
[19:43] | Yeah, yeah, I guess. | 是啊 是啊 我想是吧 |
[19:46] | So you’re going to see her again? | 所以你还要再跟她见面吗 |
[19:47] | Oh, I don’t know. | 哦 我不知道 |
[19:48] | I don’t think it’s going to work out. | 我不认为这会有什么结果 |
[19:51] | You’re not still feeling guilty, are you? | 你不会还在内疚吧 |
[19:52] | No. What you said made a lot of sense. | 不 你说的话很有道理 |
[19:54] | I just think it’s run its course. | 我只是觉得缘分到头了 |
[19:56] | Hmm. Well, I have a theory. | 嗯 我有一个理论 |
[19:59] | Oh, geez. | 哦 天哪 |
[20:02] | No, no, hear me out. | 不不 听我说完 |
[20:03] | I think by giving you my approval | 我认为因为 |
[20:05] | to sleep with Claire, | 我把这事儿说开了 |
[20:06] | I’ve made it less exciting for you. | 让它变得没那么刺激了 |
[20:08] | There was a certain illicitness to the relationship | 这段感情背后存在一定的违禁成分 |
[20:10] | that gave it a kind of piquancy. | 反而增添了刺激感 |
[20:11] | Frasier, it’s Sunday. Take the day off. | Frasier 今天是星期天 休息休息吧 |
[20:15] | Wait, Mr. Crane, | 等等 Crane先生 |
[20:16] | you slept with Mrs. Wojadubakowski? | 你和Wojadubakowski夫人睡了 |
[20:18] | Yes, I did. | 是啊 |
[20:19] | Isn’t that adorable? | 是不是很萌啊 |
[20:21] | No, it’s disgusting, you dirty old man. | 才没有 恶心死了 你个下流的老男人 |
[20:26] | Sleeping with that poor widow | 她丈夫尸骨未寒 |
[20:27] | before her husband’s even cold in the ground. | 你就和她搞上了 |
[20:30] | You think that was wrong? | 你觉得这是不对的 |
[20:30] | You’re damn right I do. | 我当然这样觉得 |
[20:32] | You ought to be ashamed. | 你应该感到羞愧 |
[20:33] | See, I told you, Frasier. | 看 我告诉你了吧 Frasier |
[20:36] | We live in a civilized society, | 我们生活在一个文明社会里 |
[20:38] | and there are certain rules we have to live by. | 需要遵守一定的规则 |
[20:41] | We all have impulses we’d like to explore, but we don’t. | 我们会有冲动 想要去试一试 但是我们不能 |
[20:47] | Daphne Daphne? | |
[20:50] | Well… we can’t just go chasing anyone you fancy | 呃 我们不能因为突然间喜欢上了某人 |
[20:54] | just because you’re suddenly attracted to them. | 就一时冲动去追他 |
[20:56] | There are certain things you don’t do | 有些事你是不能做的 |
[20:58] | no matter how tempted you are. | 不管它有多诱惑 |
[21:02] | Boy, that was strange, wasn’t it? | 天呢 那可真奇怪 不是吗 |
[21:04] | I don’t think it was strange at all. | 我一点也不觉得 |
[21:06] | It made a lot of sense to me. | 对我来说很有道理 |
[21:10] | Where the hell are you going? | 你现在要去哪里 |
[21:11] | Well, I’d better get over to Claire’s and apologize. | 我最好到Claire那去道个歉 |
[21:14] | And, uh, don’t wait up for me, Frasier. | 还有 呃 别等我了 Frasier |
[21:18] | I got a lot of apologizing to do. | 我要道很久的歉呢 |