时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:10] | Dr. Crane. | Crane医生 |
[00:11] | Hello, Daphne. | 你好 Daphne |
[00:12] | Is Dad around? | 老爸在家吗 |
[00:12] | I have that videotape he wanted to see. | 我给他带了个录影带 |
[00:14] | Actually, he’s gone off with Donny. | 他跟Donny出去了 |
[00:16] | They went to a tractor pull. | 他们去看拖拉机拖重比赛了 |
[00:17] | Oh… | 哦 |
[00:21] | As I understand it, | 据我了解 应该是 |
[00:22] | they attach a large weight | 让拖拉机拉着一个重物 |
[00:23] | to a tractor and see how far | 走过泥地 |
[00:24] | they can pull it through the mud. | 看拖拉机能走多远 |
[00:26] | Oh. | 哦 |
[00:29] | The answer to your next question is | 来解答一下你下一个问题 |
[00:31] | “Beats the hell out of me.” | 我死活也想不出这有什么意义 |
[00:34] | Oh, hello, Daphne, Niles. | 哦 你们好 Daphne Niles |
[00:37] | – Hello, Frasier. – Oh, Dr. Crane, | – 你好 Frasier – 啊 Crane医生 |
[00:39] | I see you’ve grown yourself a crumb catcher. | 你自带了饭渣兜子啊 |
[00:41] | Oh, please. Spare me your jocular euphemisms. | 哦 得了吧 别拿我的胡子开玩笑了 |
[00:44] | I’ve heard them all from Freddy. | Freddy都吐槽遍了 |
[00:45] | My chin sweater, my face fuzz, my hickey-hider. | 什么给下巴穿的毛衣呀 大毛脸呀 藏吻痕神器呀 |
[00:51] | Well, I think it suits you. | 不过我觉得这很适合你 |
[00:52] | Well, thank you, Niles. | 谢谢 Niles |
[00:54] | I just wanted to shake things up a bit, you know. | 我就是想来点小变化 你懂的 |
[00:56] | How was Boston? | 波士顿怎么样 |
[00:57] | Oh, it was fine. | 哦 不错啊 |
[00:58] | It was great seeing Freddy again. | 能和Freddy在一起很开心 |
[00:59] | Of course, Lilith was insufferable, | 当然 Lilith还是能把人逼疯 |
[01:00] | but she’s got a new boyfriend– | 不过她新交了个男朋友 |
[01:02] | some 28-year-old named Marcel. | Marcel 28岁 |
[01:04] | He’s a contortionist | 是个柔术演员 |
[01:05] | with the Cirque du Soleil. | 在太阳马戏团表演 |
[01:09] | She’s dating French circus folk? | 她和在马戏团工作的法国人约会 |
[01:11] | Yes, well, | 是啊 |
[01:12] | he’s actually perfect for Lilith. | 他跟Lilith是绝配啊 |
[01:13] | He has no apparent spine, | 反正他也是软骨头嘛 |
[01:14] | and she can wrap him around her finger. | 这样就能被她玩弄于股掌之间了 |
[01:19] | Of course, Lilith’s smug satisfaction | 当然 Lilith那副傲慢样 |
[01:21] | was a little hard to bear, though… | 确实挺讨厌的 |
[01:23] | especially considering how long it’s been | 尤其是想到咱们这儿已经 |
[01:24] | since the circus came to my town. | 很久都没有马戏团来演出了 |
[01:28] | I know. | 就是 |
[01:28] | I couldn’t believe the wheel that thing had… | 真不敢相信那辆车轮子那么大 |
[01:31] | It’s Grizzly Crane. | 灰熊Crane回来了啊 |
[01:33] | Well, nice soup strainer there, Fras. | 哇 胡子不错啊 Fras |
[01:35] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[01:36] | Oh, we just saw a hell of a tractor pull. | 噢 我们刚看了一场劲爆的拖拉机拉重赛 |
[01:38] | Even you would have liked it. | 连你看了估计都会喜欢 |
[01:40] | So, how’s my grandson? | 我孙子怎么样 |
[01:41] | Oh, he’s great, Dad. | 哦 他挺好的 老爸 |
[01:41] | Actually, he loved the baseball mitt you sent him. | 他特别喜欢你送的棒球手套 |
[01:43] | Where’s Daphne? I got this little gift for her. | Daphne呢 我给她带了个小礼物 |
[01:45] | Oh, a John Deere cap. | 哦 约翰迪尔帽子 |
[01:45] | 约翰迪尔是一家具有160多年历史 并在世界农业机械、建筑机械领域处于领先地位的世界500强企业 | |
[01:47] | How… could you? | 你 怎么能送这个呢 |
[01:50] | Oh, you know, I’m just giving it to her | 哦 我是先把这个给她 |
[01:51] | to see her pretend to like it, | 看看她假装很喜欢的样子 |
[01:53] | and then I’m going to give her a bracelet. | 然后再把我真正的礼物 手镯拿出来 |
[01:57] | – Hey, Frasier. – Oh, hi, Roz. | – 嗨 Frasier – 噢 嗨 Roz |
[01:58] | Mm, cool beard. | 嗯 胡子不错嘛 |
[01:59] | – Oh, thanks. – Hey, Niles. | – 哦 谢谢 – 嗨 Niles |
[02:00] | Hey, Roz. | 嗨 Roz |
[02:01] | Okay, here’s your directions, | 给 这是你的会场安排 |
[02:02] | hotel confirmation and schedule. | 酒店确认单和行程单 |
[02:04] | Excuse me? | 什么 |
[02:05] | Broadcast conference. | 广播大会啊 |
[02:07] | Good Lord, I thought that was next week. | 天呢 我以为是下周开呢 |
[02:09] | No, it’s tonight. | 不 今晚就开 |
[02:09] | – I’m going up there right now. – Oh, no, Roz. | – 我这就要出发了 – 哦 不行 Roz |
[02:11] | I just got back from Boston, for God’s sakes. | 我才刚从波士顿回来 天呐 |
[02:13] | You know, maybe I can just drive up tomorrow | 要不 我干脆明天再开车过去吧 |
[02:16] | and attend the panels. | 直接参加座谈会 |
[02:17] | Frasier, tonight’s reception’s | Frasier 今晚的招待会 |
[02:18] | the most important part. | 才是重点啊 |
[02:20] | It sets the tone for the whole weekend. | 为整个周末定下了基调啊 |
[02:21] | Oh, come on, last year, everybody just got drunk | 哦 得了吧 去年大家都喝得醉醺醺 |
[02:23] | and acted like a bunch of horny teenagers. | 一个个弄得像饥渴的小年轻一样 |
[02:24] | Exactly, so stop yakking and start packing. | 就是要这样啊 别唠叨了 快收拾 |
[02:30] | Well, you know, it could be | 对嘛 你也可以把这当作 |
[02:31] | just the boost you need after a long week | 跟Lilith和法国小伙待了一周之后 |
[02:32] | with Lilith and le Pretzel Boy. | 的小小补偿嘛 |
[02:36] | You know, come to think of it, there was | 仔细想想 |
[02:38] | one really gorgeous blonde up there– | 会上确实有个漂亮的金发妹子 |
[02:40] | “Rush Hour” Rita, Laramie’s eye in the sky. | “尖峰时刻”Rita 拉勒米的直升机路况播报员 |
[02:44] | Yeah, I remember her. | 是啊 我记得她 |
[02:45] | The traffic was bumper-to-bumper outside her room. | 去年她可没闲着 房间门口可是车水马龙呢 |
[02:49] | Meow, Roz. | 喵 Roz |
[02:50] | It’s just I am so sick | 我真是很烦 |
[02:51] | of men becoming panting idiots | 男人一看到金发 |
[02:53] | just at the sight of blonde hair. | 就全变成花痴的傻逼了 |
[02:56] | Oh, that’s a bit of an oversimplification. | 哦 这么说真是以偏概全了 |
[02:57] | – That’s ridiculous. – It’s insulting, Roz. | – 真是荒谬 – 你这是侮辱人 Roz |
[02:59] | For God sakes, I mean, | 天呐 我是说 |
[02:59] | every man’s taste is different. | 每个男人的品味都是不同的 |
[03:01] | Sorry. It’s just that I met this guy at Nervosa today | 抱歉 今早我约了个男人在楼下喝咖啡 |
[03:04] | for coffee, and it was very annoying. | 真是糟心透了 |
[03:05] | Every time I tried to say anything, | 每次我想说点什么 |
[03:07] | this blonde waitress would walk by. | 就有个金发服务员走过去 |
[03:09] | Oh, Mimi’s back? | 哦 Mimi回来了 |
[03:10] | Oh, that’s good news. | 哦 真是好消息 |
[03:11] | – Got to stop in to see Mimi. – Hahaha. | – 改天可得去看看Mimi – 哈哈哈 |
[03:13] | You know what? | 知道么 |
[03:13] | I guess I better get packing. | 我得赶紧收拾了 |
[03:15] | What are you talking about? | 你说什么呢 |
[03:16] | You got your bags right there. | 你行李不都在这么 |
[03:17] | No, Dad. These are my “Daddy” Clothes. | 不行 老爸 这些都是我的”爸爸”行头 |
[03:19] | I have to go and pack my “Come to Daddy” Clothes. | 我得带上”妞 快上我这儿”的行头 |
[03:24] | Oh, give me a break. | 哦 你够了吧 |
[03:25] | All right, all right. | 好吧 好吧 |
[03:27] | My surveillance guy just canceled for tonight | 我的私家侦探今晚来不了了 |
[03:28] | just when I need him for this big money divorce case. | 可我的大手笔离婚案正需要他呢 |
[03:30] | Is this the Stanley Redmond thing? | 是Stanley Redmond的那个案子吗 |
[03:31] | Yeah. The Dumpster rental king. | 是啊 就那个垃圾车租赁大王 |
[03:33] | This guy controls | 西北部一半的 |
[03:34] | half the Dumpsters in the Northwest. | 垃圾车都是他们家的 |
[03:36] | His wife thinks he’s been taking out the wrong kind of trash. | 他老婆怀疑他外面有人了 |
[03:38] | Now, you know, if I can prove it, this case is mine. | 所以 你懂的 只要我拿到证据 就能赢官司 |
[03:41] | That is so depressing. | 这真让人失望 |
[03:42] | You expect this sort of behavior from a mattress king, | 这种事不应该是床垫大王的专利吗 |
[03:44] | but we ask more of our Dumpster royalty. | 看来是我们对垃圾车皇室期望过高了 |
[03:48] | Yeah, but, uh, you should see his girlfriend. | 是啊 不过 呃 你真该看看他的情人 |
[03:50] | She’s gorgeous, leggy, blonde. | 漂亮 金发大长腿 |
[03:52] | Oh, well, blonde. That explains it. | 哦 原来是金发 这就说得通了 |
[03:55] | – Good-bye. – I’m sorry. | – 再见 – 抱歉 |
[03:56] | Hey, wait a minute. | 嗨 对了 |
[03:57] | Marty, you were a cop, right? | Marty 你以前是警察对吧 |
[03:58] | You must have done surveillance. | 你肯定监视过别人吧 |
[03:59] | Oh, sure, all the time. | 是啊 家常便饭 |
[04:00] | Well, why don’t you work for me tonight? | 那你今晚帮我怎么样 |
[04:02] | It’s 45 bucks an hour. | 一小时付你45块 |
[04:03] | Oh, I don’t think Dad would want to do that. | 哦 我觉得老爸不想做这个 |
[04:05] | – 45 bucks? – All right, 50. | – 45块 – 好吧 50块 |
[04:06] | But if you get a picture of Redmond and the girl, | 不过要是你拍到了Redmond和情人在一起的照片 |
[04:08] | there’s a $500 bonus. | 就有500块的奖金 |
[04:09] | 500 dollars? | 500块 |
[04:10] | All right, $700. You’re killing me here. | 好吧 700块 你真会砍价 |
[04:13] | Dad, I-I don’t think this is a good idea. | 老爸 我 我觉得这不好吧 |
[04:14] | Where exactly is this stakeout? | 在哪儿监视呢 |
[04:16] | It’s at the Alcazar Apartments, | 就在Alcazar公寓 |
[04:17] | you know, in Belltown. | 就是在比尔镇的那个 |
[04:19] | Belltown is, uh, sort of a sketchy neighborhood, | 比尔镇啊 呃 那边有点乱啊 |
[04:21] | wouldn’t you say? | 不是吗 |
[04:21] | Oh, Niles, to you, a sketchy neighborhood | 得了 Niles 对你来说 只要奶酪店不配备 |
[04:23] | is when the cheese shop doesn’t have valet parking. | 泊车男仆都得算乱社区 |
[04:27] | I’m an ex-cop, remember? | 别忘了 我以前可是警察 |
[04:29] | Yeah, yeah, I know you’re an ex-cop. | 是啊 是啊 我知道你以前是警察 |
[04:30] | Let’s just examine this, Dad… | 我们这么说吧 老爸 |
[04:31] | No, no, no, no, let’s just forget about it. | 不 不 别提这事儿了 |
[04:33] | I’m not going to listen to this all night. | 我可不想一晚上都听你唠叨 |
[04:34] | I just won’t do it. Are you satisfied? | 我不接这活儿 行了吧 |
[04:35] | Yes. | 行 |
[04:37] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[04:38] | Donny, I’m sorry to put | Donny 抱歉让你的 |
[04:39] | a crimp in your plans. | 计划受阻了 |
[04:40] | That’s all right. | 没关系 |
[04:41] | I’ll sure I’ll find somebody else. | 我肯定还能找到别人的 |
[04:45] | You’re still doing it, right? | 你还干吧 |
[04:45] | Hell, yes. | 必须的啊 |
[04:52] | Thanks for watching Alice, Lori. | Lori 谢谢你照看Alice |
[04:53] | I really owe you one. | 我可欠你个大人情 |
[04:55] | Well, I just want to get down to this cocktail party | 好了 趁好男人还没全被抢走 |
[04:57] | before all the good men are taken. | 我得赶紧下楼去酒会了 |
[05:00] | What? I just want to have a little fun tonight. | 怎么了 我就是想找点乐子嘛 |
[05:04] | No, I do not mean that. | 不 我不是这个意思 |
[05:07] | All right, I do mean that. | 好吧 我就是这个意思 |
[05:10] | Uh, Lori, I’ll talk to you later. | 呃 Lori 我晚点打给你 |
[05:11] | Thank you again. Bye-bye. | 多谢你 拜拜 |
[05:15] | Oh, hey, Frasier. | 哦 嗨 Frasier |
[05:16] | Hi, Roz. My room isn’t ready yet. | 嗨 Roz 我的房间还没弄好 |
[05:18] | Can I put my stuff here until I can check in? | 我入住之前先把行李放你这行么 |
[05:19] | – Sure. Come on in. – Thanks. | – 当然 快进来 – 谢谢 |
[05:21] | I’ll tell you, the storm hasn’t dampened | 跟你说 暴风雨可没影响 |
[05:23] | the festivities downstairs. | 楼下欢乐的浪潮 |
[05:25] | It’s only 7:00, and Marge Whitmeyer | 才七点 Marge Whitmeyer就已经 |
[05:27] | is already in the bar arm wrestling people for drinks. | 在吧台边上跟人掰腕子赌酒了 |
[05:30] | How many did you buy her? | 你输给她几杯 |
[05:32] | Well, three, but my elbow was in a wet spot. | 三杯 但是我放胳膊肘的地方是湿的 |
[05:35] | Hey, did you happen to notice if that weather guy | 对了 那个KSGY电台的天气预报员 |
[05:36] | from KSGY was down there? | 也在下边吗 |
[05:38] | Yes, I noticed that he was there. | 是的 我看到他了 |
[05:40] | Something tells me | 依我看 |
[05:41] | the forecast calls for a collision | 要有两股热气流 |
[05:42] | between two warm fronts. | 狭路相逢了 |
[05:47] | Oh, excuse me. | 哦 抱歉 |
[05:51] | Hello? | 喂 |
[05:52] | Oh, yeah, he’s here. | 哦 是的 他在这儿 |
[05:54] | Front desk. | 前台 |
[05:54] | Great, thanks. Hello. | 好的 谢谢 喂 |
[05:57] | Yes. | 是的 |
[05:59] | Well, then, you’ll just have to get me a room elsewhere. | 那你就得再给我找个别的房间啊 |
[06:03] | I see. | 好吧 |
[06:05] | Thank you very much. | 多谢 |
[06:08] | They don’t have a room for me. | 我没房间住了 |
[06:11] | What are you going to do? | 那你怎么办 |
[06:16] | Well… I guess I could stay on the couch. | 呃 要不我在沙发上凑合一晚 |
[06:18] | What? | 什么 |
[06:19] | Oh, come on, Roz. I got no choice. | 哦 得了 Roz 我没别的办法啊 |
[06:21] | The whole island is booked. | 整个岛上都没房间了 |
[06:22] | Well, this sure is going to cramp my style. | 可是你这不是拉我后腿吗 |
[06:24] | I mean, it’s not like college when everybody just… | 我是说 这又不像是在大学 大家就在 |
[06:27] | Never mind. | 算了 |
[06:29] | You know, Roz, we’re two attractive people. | 你想啊 Roz 我们都很有魅力啊 |
[06:32] | We’re at a conference that turns into a bacchanal every year. | 这场会议每年都会变成狂欢酒会 |
[06:34] | Odds are, neither of us will need this room tonight. | 我估计 今晚我们俩都不会回房间的 |
[06:37] | You’re right. What’s the problem? | 有道理 没问题 |
[06:39] | I believe there’s a cocktail party awaiting us. | 有一场酒会等着我们呢 |
[06:42] | Let’s go down together. | 咱们下去吧 |
[06:44] | We’ll be like jackals. | 咱俩就像豺狼一样 |
[06:45] | They hunt in pairs. | 它们也是结对儿捕猎 |
[06:47] | I like your self-assurance. | 我喜欢你的自信 |
[06:48] | There’s no greater aphrodisiac | 没什么比自信更 |
[06:49] | – than confidence. – Shall we? | – 吸引人的了 – 请吧 |
[06:51] | Let the games begin. | 游戏开始 |
[06:56] | I just need a little more lipstick. | 我得再涂点唇膏 |
[06:58] | I’m sweating right through this shirt. | 我都汗透了 |
[07:24] | Niles Niles… | |
[07:24] | You specifically promised me… | 你明明答应过我 |
[07:26] | Oh, would you shut up and get in here? | 哦 快闭嘴进来吧 |
[07:31] | How did you know I was here? | 你怎么知道我在这儿 |
[07:32] | The doorman. | 门卫说的 |
[07:33] | Big mouth. | 那个大嘴巴 |
[07:34] | Oh, well, I guess he didn’t realize | 哦 是吗 我猜他也不知道 |
[07:36] | he was being sworn to secrecy when you said, | 你对他说”嗨 Sid 我要出去盯梢了” |
[07:37] | “Hey, Sid, I’m going on a stakeout.” | 他就得为你保守秘密 |
[07:43] | I can’t believe you lied to me. | 你居然对我撒谎 |
[07:45] | Well, I’m sorry, but you were making | 好吧 抱歉 但是你总是 |
[07:46] | such a big fuss about nothing. | 大惊小怪的 |
[07:48] | It is not nothing. | 这可不是大惊小怪 |
[07:49] | Look at this neighborhood. | 看看这个社区 |
[07:50] | I’m not even happy parking my Mercedes here. | 我都不放心把自己的大奔停这儿 |
[07:53] | It’s not that bad. | 没那么坏啦 |
[07:54] | Oh, really? | 是吗 |
[07:56] | Well, then, could you explain to me | 好吧 那你说说 |
[07:57] | the ominous group of men | 那群站在我车子旁边的 |
[07:58] | standing back there in the shadows by my car? | 看起来挺危险的男人们是在干嘛呢 |
[08:01] | They’re all wearing | 他们都穿着 |
[08:01] | the same sort of dark coat. | 统一的黑大衣 |
[08:02] | It’s some sort of gang. | 他们是黑社会 |
[08:03] | Niles, they’re Hasidic Jews. | Niles 他们是哈希德派犹太人 |
[08:09] | That’s right. Keep walking, keep walking. | 这就对了 继续走 继续走 |
[08:14] | So, what, did you come down here to bawl me out? | 怎么 你来这儿就是来训斥我的吗 |
[08:17] | Yes… partly. | 是吧 差不多 |
[08:20] | Also to give you this. | 还为了给你这个 |
[08:21] | What’s this? | 这是什么 |
[08:22] | Clam chowder. | 蛤蜊浓汤 |
[08:25] | I remembered Mom made it for you | 我记得你每次去冰上钓鱼的时候 |
[08:26] | when you went ice fishing, | 老妈都给你做这个 |
[08:27] | and I hated the thought of you | 我不想让你坐在这儿 |
[08:29] | sitting out here cold and hungry. | 又冷又饿的 |
[08:31] | Well, thank you. I appreciate it. | 谢谢 我很感动 |
[08:33] | But, look, why don’t you just go back home? | 不过 你还是回家吧 |
[08:35] | I’ll be fine. | 不会有事儿的 |
[08:36] | No, I can stay for a while. | 没事 我可以在这待一会儿 |
[08:36] | No, really. I’ll be fine. | 不 真的 不会有事儿的 |
[08:37] | – No, no, you can use the company. – Oh, come on, Niles, | – 没事没事 我陪陪你 – 哦 得了 Niles |
[08:39] | why don’t you tell me what’s really on your mind? | 你就老老实实说实话吧 |
[08:43] | All right, Dad. I was worried about you. | 好吧 老爸 我就是担心你 |
[08:44] | I knew it. Because I’m an old man | 我知道 因为我老了嘛 |
[08:46] | and I can’t take care of myself. | 不能照顾好自己 |
[08:48] | No. Age has nothing to do with it. | 不是 跟年龄没关系 |
[08:52] | I’ve always worried about you. | 我一直都很担心你 |
[08:54] | That’s what it’s like when your father’s a cop. | 有个当警察的老爸就是这种感觉 |
[08:56] | I worried about you when I was five years old. | 我从五岁的时候就开始担心你 |
[08:59] | I didn’t stop worrying | 直到你退休了 |
[09:00] | until the day you retired, | 我才松了口气 |
[09:02] | and today just brought it all back again. | 可是今天 我又有这种感觉了 |
[09:06] | Look, I’m sorry. | 好吧 很抱歉 |
[09:09] | For what it’s worth, I know what you mean. | 其实我很理解你 |
[09:11] | My dad was a cop, too. | 我老爸也是个警察 |
[09:14] | I know. | 我知道 |
[09:14] | But you know, Niles, | 但是你知道的 Niles |
[09:15] | I’m not chasing after bad guys. | 我也不是在追捕坏人 |
[09:17] | I’m just going to take a picture. | 只是拍几张照片 |
[09:19] | That’s true. | 确实 |
[09:20] | I’m… probably overreacting like usual. | 我 也许又反应过度了 |
[09:23] | Uh… well, I guess I’ll head home. | 呃 好吧 我这就回家 |
[09:26] | No, no. Hey, hey. | 不 不 嘿 嘿 |
[09:28] | Wait a little bit. Stick around. | 等一会儿 再待一会儿 |
[09:30] | How would you like a little clam chowder? | 来点蛤蜊浓汤怎么样 |
[09:32] | – I’d love some. – Okay. | – 来点吧 – 好的 |
[09:36] | This is clam chowder! | 这是蛤蜊浓汤啊 |
[09:38] | Well, what did you expect? | 是啊 你以为是什么 |
[09:39] | Irish whiskey! | 爱尔兰威士忌啊 |
[09:43] | Your mother | 你妈妈 |
[09:43] | always filled it with coffee and Irish whiskey. | 每次都会给我带咖啡加爱尔兰威士忌 |
[09:45] | We just called it clam chowder in front of you kids. | 我们只是在你们面前说带的是浓汤 |
[09:53] | Is that why you got so mad | 所以那次我把牡蛎苏打饼 |
[09:55] | that day I crumbled oyster crackers in your thermos? | 扔你保温杯里 你才那么生气的是吗 |
[10:05] | What happened to you? | 你怎么回事 |
[10:07] | The same thing that happened to you. | 跟你一样 |
[10:09] | I got a hug good night. | 我就得到了个拥抱 |
[10:11] | Where did we go wrong? | 我们这是怎么了 |
[10:13] | Rush Hour Rita was draping herself all over you. | 尖峰时刻Rita都快趴你身上了 |
[10:16] | And that news guy actually said to me | 报新闻的那个男的跟我说 |
[10:18] | if I gave him 22 minutes, he’d give me the world. | 只要给他22分钟 他就能给我全世界 |
[10:23] | I, uh… I don’t know, Roz. | 我 呃 我也不知道 Roz |
[10:26] | After he gave you the brush-off, | 他拒了你之后 |
[10:28] | he came over and sat down next to me and Rita. | 就在我和Rita旁边坐下了 |
[10:31] | Before I knew it, they had discovered | 我还没反应过来 |
[10:32] | their mutual fondness for tango music. | 他俩就发现彼此对探戈舞曲的狂热了 |
[10:36] | Oh… | 哦 |
[10:39] | I lose out to tango music? | 我居然输给了探戈舞曲 |
[10:41] | What a night. A total bust. | 这一晚上 真扫兴 |
[10:43] | Oh, come on, Roz. | 哦 好了 Roz |
[10:45] | You know, for my money, | 你知道 对我来说 |
[10:46] | you were the most attractive woman down there. | 你才是酒会上最漂亮的女人 |
[10:49] | Thanks, Frasier. | 谢谢 Frasier |
[10:50] | And I’m not just saying this | 我可不是因为感激你 |
[10:51] | to return the favor, | 才这么说的 |
[10:52] | but you look really hot in that beard. | 你留着胡子确实挺帅的 |
[10:55] | Oh, well… thanks. | 哦 好吧 谢谢 |
[10:58] | Well, you know, maybe we’re better off. | 也许这样更好 |
[10:59] | Just a couple of old friends having a cozy evening together. | 两个老朋友一起享受舒适的夜晚 |
[11:02] | Yeah, right. | 是啊 |
[11:05] | – It’s him! – It’s her! | – 一定是他 – 一定是她 |
[11:05] | All right. All right. | 好吧 好吧 |
[11:09] | – Come in. – Hello. | – 请进 – 您好 |
[11:11] | Oh. | 哦 |
[11:12] | Sorry to disturb you, | 抱歉打扰了 |
[11:13] | but the manager wanted to apologize | 经理想为没安排好房间的事情 |
[11:15] | for the mix-up with the room. | 向您道歉 |
[11:17] | This is on us. | 这是我们的一点心意 |
[11:19] | That’s nice. | 谢谢 |
[11:20] | Well, uh, you in the mood | 好吧 呃 你想 |
[11:21] | for a glass of champers, Roz? | 来点香槟吗 Roz |
[11:23] | I don’t know. What do you think? | 我也不知道 你说呢 |
[11:24] | It won’t fit in the mini-bar. | 这瓶装不进小冰箱里的 |
[11:27] | Well, it’s settled, then. | 好吧 那就这样吧 |
[11:28] | Uh, I can open it myself. | 呃 我自己开瓶就好 |
[11:29] | Thanks. Here you are. | 谢谢 给您 |
[11:30] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[11:33] | Well… | 好吧 |
[11:35] | Ah, demi-sec, respectable label. | 啊 半干型香槟 牌子不错 |
[11:38] | Not a bad year. | 年份也不错 |
[11:40] | We may just be having a better time | 我们可能比别人 |
[11:42] | than anybody else here. | 过得更开心呢 |
[11:57] | Dad, this thing is amazing! | 老爸 这东西太好玩了 |
[12:00] | I can actually hear some guy brushing his teeth. | 我能听到有人在刷牙 |
[12:06] | Swish, swish, spit. | 唰 唰 吐 |
[12:10] | Swish, swish… | 唰 唰 |
[12:13] | Flossing! | 剔牙声 |
[12:16] | Niles Niles! | |
[12:17] | You have… got to try this. | 你一定得听听这个 |
[12:19] | It’s incredible! Here, put those on. | 太神奇了 来 戴上 |
[12:21] | All right. | 好吧 |
[12:23] | All right, now point that anywhere you want. | 好叻 想听哪儿就把这个冲着哪儿 |
[12:32] | Niles, will you quit kidding around?! | Niles 你能不能不添乱了 |
[12:33] | This isn’t a game. It’s a job. | 这可不是玩游戏 是工作 |
[12:36] | I just want to spot the guy, | 我只想等到那个人 |
[12:37] | get a picture and get out of here, | 拍个照片 然后赶紧撤 |
[12:38] | so why don’t we just sit here and be quiet for a while? | 能不能消停坐着待一会儿 |
[12:48] | You know, Dad… | 可是 老爸 |
[12:49] | are you sure you want to be doing this? | 你确定要这么做吗 |
[12:52] | I thought you said you weren’t worried about me. | 你刚不是说不担心我了么 |
[12:54] | No-no, I’m not worried about your safety. | 不 不 我不是担心你的安全 |
[12:55] | I just mean, are you doing the right thing, | 我就是想说 你确定自己在做正确的事情吗 |
[12:58] | meddling in this guy’s marriage? | 你这是在干涉别人的婚姻 |
[12:59] | You know, speaking as a psychiatrist… | 你知道 作为一个心理医生 |
[13:01] | Oh, boy, open up a window. | 哦 天呐 能不能说点新鲜的 |
[13:05] | I just see this sort of thing | 这种事情 |
[13:07] | in my practice all the time. | 我在诊所里见得多了 |
[13:08] | People make mistakes an-and have affairs | 人们偶尔犯错 有了外遇 |
[13:11] | and then find some way to fix it. | 之后找到办法弥补 |
[13:13] | It’s possible that by taking this picture, | 有可能你的这张照片 |
[13:14] | you’re destroying any chance this man has. | 就毁了这个男人弥补错误的机会 |
[13:16] | Niles, the guy’s a bum. | Niles 他可是个混球 |
[13:18] | He’s probably always been a bum. | 他估计这辈子一直是个混球 |
[13:20] | Now, if you want to get into a debate about something, | 你要是想说点什么 |
[13:22] | maybe you can tell me what those grass clippings | 还不如告诉我你往蛤蜊浓汤里 |
[13:24] | were doing in the clam chowder. | 放草屑是几个意思 |
[13:27] | That was lemongrass… | 那是柠檬香茅 |
[13:29] | and Chef Andre has gotten high kudos for that soup. | Andre大厨做这汤可是出了名了的 |
[13:32] | Well, if kudos are those brown chewy things, | 好吧 要是这些黄黄的嚼不动的东西 |
[13:35] | he can have them. | 是他的招牌 他就自己喝吧 |
[13:36] | I put mine in the ashtray. | 这种东西我从来都扔到烟灰缸里 |
[13:42] | You pretend to be such a cynic. | 你装成一副愤世嫉俗的样子 |
[13:43] | I think you agree with me. | 但你跟我想的是一样的 |
[13:45] | You have too much of a conscience not to. | 你的良知不允许你这样做 |
[13:47] | Aw, babbity babbity bap. | 啊 巴拉巴拉巴拉巴拉 |
[13:50] | Oh, there they are. | 哦 他们来了 |
[13:52] | You’re still going to take this picture? | 你还要照照片吗 |
[13:53] | Oh, you’re damn right I am. | 哦 我就是要照 |
[13:55] | Even though right now, that man may be planning | 即使那个男人正打算 |
[13:57] | to break it off with his girlfriend tonight, | 今晚就跟他情人分手 |
[13:59] | planning to-to rededicate himself to his marriage, | 打算重新投入自己的婚姻 |
[14:01] | the terrible guilt spurring him on | 由于此前出轨的愧疚 |
[14:03] | to ever-greater depths of commitment, | 让他对婚姻更加负责了 |
[14:04] | an-and-and years from now, | 而 而且多年之后 |
[14:06] | he may be sitting with his wife by the fire, holding her hand, | 他也许和妻子坐在炉火旁 牵着手 |
[14:09] | reflecting on all their wonderful years together– | 回忆过去美好的岁月 |
[14:12] | especially their sunset years– | 特别是晚年的岁月 |
[14:14] | and you could destroy all of that | 而你轻轻按一下拍摄键 |
[14:17] | with one click of a camera. | 可能就毁了这一切 |
[14:22] | Sorry, Niles. What were you saying? | 抱歉 Niles 你说什么 |
[14:26] | You took a picture of that tree, | 你刚才拍的是那棵树 |
[14:27] | – and you know it. – All right, I did. | – 你是故意的 – 好吧 我是拍的树 |
[14:29] | What’d you have to talk about all that stuff for? | 你说这些没用的干嘛 |
[14:31] | I was just saying what you were already thinking. | 我只是说出了你的想法 |
[14:33] | You did the right thing and you’re not going to regret it. | 你做得对 你不会后悔的 |
[14:35] | Oh, yeah? Well, how am I going to tell Donny | 哦 是吗 那我怎么告诉Donny |
[14:36] | I just sat here and watched them walk by and get in the car? | 我就坐在这儿眼看着他们走进车里了 |
[14:39] | You’ll tell him proudly | 你会自豪地告诉他的 |
[14:40] | because you know in your hearts… | 因为你心里明白 |
[14:43] | Whoa! They backed into your Mercedes. | 哇 他们撞到你的大奔了 |
[14:46] | I don’t believe it. | 真不敢相信 |
[14:49] | They’re not even leaving a note. | 他们连个字条都没留 |
[14:51] | They’re driving away. | 就这么开走了 |
[14:52] | Well, I wouldn’t worry about it, Niles. | 我才不担心呢 Niles |
[14:53] | They’re probably wracked with grief, | 他们可能内心充满愧疚 |
[14:55] | and it’ll spur them on to… | 然后被内疚驱使着 |
[14:56] | Oh, shut up and take that picture. | 哦 闭嘴拍照吧 |
[14:58] | Hurry up, get their license plate number! | 快点 把他们的车牌也照上 |
[14:59] | Hurry! Hurry! | 快 快 |
[15:05] | Um… my longest relationship | 呃 我最长的一段恋情 |
[15:08] | would have to be Ted– ’88 to ’90. | 是跟Ted 从1988年到1990年 |
[15:11] | No, Derrick– ’89 to ’92. | 不 是Derrick 从89年到92年 |
[15:16] | Being a gentleman, Roz, I won’t point out | Roz 作为一个绅士 我就不指出 |
[15:17] | the slight overlap there. | 这两段恋情的时间有点重合了 |
[15:20] | It’s not an overlap. It’s a transition. | 这可不是重合 这是过渡 |
[15:22] | – Uh-huh. – You know, like in April, | – 嗯哼 – 就像 你懂的 在四月 |
[15:24] | when you start wearing your spring clothes | 你开始穿春装了 |
[15:26] | even though you’re still wearing your winter stuff? | 但是你偶尔还是会穿冬天的衣服 |
[15:27] | Yeah, well, if we’re talking April of ’90, | 好吧 不过如果是90年的四月的话 |
[15:29] | I doubt if you were wearing much of anything at all. | 我怀疑你根本没怎么穿衣服 |
[15:32] | Okay, wise guy… | 好吧 机灵鬼儿 |
[15:34] | what was your longest relationship? | 你跟谁处的时间最长 |
[15:36] | Oh, that’s easy– Lilith. | 啊 明摆着呢 Lilith啊 |
[15:39] | Lilith Lilith. | |
[15:40] | Although… | 不过 |
[15:43] | What? | 怎么 |
[15:44] | Well… | 就是 |
[15:45] | if we’re not talking romantic relationship, | 如果我们说的只是相处 而不是恋爱的话 |
[15:47] | well, then, uh… | 那么 呃 |
[15:49] | my longest relationship with a woman would be you. | 跟我相处时间最长的女人就是你了 |
[15:53] | Seven years. | 七年了 |
[15:54] | Loser. | 屌丝 |
[15:58] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[15:58] | Seven years… | 七年了 |
[16:00] | – Gosh. – My God, it has been that long. | – 天呐 – 天啊 已经这么久了 |
[16:03] | It’s worth toasting. | 值得喝一杯 |
[16:04] | Absolutely. | 当然 |
[16:08] | So, Frasier, what’s with the beard? | 那 Frasier 你的胡子是怎么回事 |
[16:11] | You hate it. | 你不喜欢它 |
[16:12] | No. Actually, I like it. | 不 其实 我挺喜欢的 |
[16:14] | It’s like you’re Frasier, but you’re not Frasier. | 留了胡子就像 你是Frasier 但又有点不像Frasier |
[16:16] | What made you do it? | 你为什么想留呢 |
[16:18] | Oh, I don’t know, you know, I just… | 哦 我也不确定 你懂的 我就是 |
[16:20] | wanted to change things a little or something– | 想做点小改变 |
[16:22] | I don’t know– be spontaneous. | 或者说做点随性的事 |
[16:23] | Oh, my God, I almost did something like that | 哦 天呐 我这周末也差一点 |
[16:25] | – this weekend. – Really? | – 做了类似的事 – 是嘛 |
[16:27] | Yeah, I… | 是啊 我 |
[16:28] | Oh, hell, I’ll show you. | 哦 该死 我直接给你看吧 |
[16:30] | Ooh, nice silk pajamas. | 哇 丝绸睡衣不错嘛 |
[16:33] | I made a little purchase | 来这儿的路上 |
[16:34] | – on my way up here. – Did you? | – 我买了点小东西 – 是嘛 |
[16:35] | Well, I am just dying with anticipation. | 我好期待呀 |
[16:38] | What is it? | 你买了什么 |
[16:39] | But you promise you won’t laugh? | 但你要保证不笑话我 |
[16:40] | I promise. | 我保证 |
[16:41] | Okay. Hold on one second. | 好的 等一下 |
[16:44] | I’ll be right out. | 我这就出来了哦 |
[16:56] | I just wanted to see for once in my life | 我就想试一次 |
[16:58] | what it’d be like to be a blonde. | 如果我是金发会什么样 |
[17:00] | I thought I’d wear it down to the bar one night. | 我想着找一天戴着它去泡吧 |
[17:05] | Pretty pathetic, huh? | 有点悲哀是吧 |
[17:07] | On the contrary, Roz, it’s-it’s… quite becoming. | 恰恰相反 Roz 这 这很适合你 |
[17:13] | It’s like you’re… | 就好像 你是 |
[17:15] | Roz but not Roz. | Roz 但又不像Roz |
[17:21] | Hello, stranger. | 你好 陌生人 |
[17:24] | You here for the conference? | 你是来参加会议的吗 |
[17:26] | Yes, I am. | 是的 |
[17:28] | Is this seat taken? | 这个座位有人吗 |
[17:30] | It’s been waiting for you all its life. | 它等你一辈子了 |
[17:35] | Champagne? | 来点香槟 |
[17:36] | Well, I’m not sure I should. | 我不知道该不该喝 |
[17:39] | I already had one glass, and it went straight to my head. | 我已经喝了一杯了 有点晕晕的 |
[17:43] | I feel like maybe I should lie down. | 我想应该躺下 |
[17:46] | You could use my room. | 你可以来我的房间 |
[17:48] | Are you sure you’re a gentleman? | 你会像个绅士一样吗 |
[17:50] | Well, I do prefer blondes. | 不过我确实喜欢金发女郎 |
[17:56] | God, how many times | 天啊 我都不知道 |
[17:57] | have I had that conversation? | 自己有过多少次这样的对话了 |
[18:02] | What would life be | 要是没有偶尔来点陌生人 |
[18:03] | without the occasional surrender to impulse? | 添点激情 人生该多无聊啊 |
[18:06] | It’s true. It does make you feel alive. | 确实 这会让你充满活力 |
[18:08] | Doing things you know you shouldn’t do. | 做些不该做的事情 |
[18:12] | With people you shouldn’t be with. | 和不该在一起的人一起 |
[18:16] | Right. | 是啊 |
[18:21] | Right. | 是的 |
[18:26] | You know, suddenly… | 知道吗 突然间 |
[18:29] | this couch seems a little small for me. | 我觉得这个沙发有点小 |
[18:33] | Well, the bed seems pretty big. | 是啊 床还挺大的 |
[18:37] | It’s a big bed. | 真是个大床 |
[18:42] | It is. | 是啊 |
[18:51] | Roz Roz… | |
[18:54] | For God’s sake. | 我的天呐 |
[19:02] | Are you all right? | 你穿好了吗 |
[19:02] | – Yeah. – Okay. All right. | – 好了 – 好吧 |
[19:05] | Hello… | 你好 |
[19:06] | Kenny Kenny? | |
[19:07] | I got stuck in the storm. | 我被暴风雨困住了 |
[19:08] | Now they don’t have a room for me. | 他们没给我准备房间 |
[19:10] | I hear we’re in the same boat, huh, Doc? | 我听说咱俩境遇一样 是吧 医生 |
[19:11] | Oh, hey, Roz. | 哦 嗨 Roz |
[19:12] | – Hey. – Hey, cool wig. | – 嗨 – 嘿 假发真漂亮 |
[19:14] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[19:15] | Hey, wait a minute. | 嗨 等等 |
[19:18] | I’m not interrupting anything, am I? | 我没打扰你们吧 |
[19:22] | – Pajamas, champagne… – No… | – 睡衣 香槟 – 没有 |
[19:23] | a fire. | 火花 |
[19:27] | So, uh, anyhow, uh, can I bunk here? | 那 呃 我能在这凑合一晚吗 |
[19:31] | Why not? | 怎么不行 |
[19:32] | No reason, yeah. | 没理由啊 |
[19:33] | Great, great. | 太好了 太好了 |
[19:34] | Yeah, I really like that blond hair, Roz. | 不过 我真的很喜欢你戴金发 Roz |
[19:36] | You’d better be careful, though. | 不过你可得小心点 |
[19:38] | Get the doc here all hot and bothered. | 会把医生迷得鬼迷心窍的 |
[19:42] | Well… | 好吧 |
[19:44] | I’m just going to get out of these wet clothes. | 我这就去脱了这身湿衣服 |
[19:46] | I had a heck of a time getting here. | 这一路可找死我了 |
[19:49] | All these roads look the same. | 所有的路看起来都一样 |
[19:52] | I ended up taking a wrong turn. | 我最后拐错了个弯 |
[19:55] | The last thing you want to do out here | 在林子里最不应该做的事情 |
[19:57] | in these woods is take a wrong turn. | 就是拐错了弯 |
[20:03] | Quite right, Kenny. | 可不是么 Kenny |
[20:09] | You know… | 知道么 |
[20:11] | I’m not sure the beard’s really working. | 我不知道留胡子是不是适合我 |
[20:13] | I… probably should shave it off. | 也许 我该剃掉 |
[20:16] | I wasn’t going to say anything, but, yeah. | 我本来不想说的 但是 剃了吧 |
[20:17] | Yeah. | 好吧 |
[20:26] | I don’t wear one of these snore strips, | 我必须得贴着止呼噜贴 |
[20:27] | I’m a buzz saw going through steel pipe. | 要不我的呼噜声就像锯铁条一样 |
[20:31] | So, uh… | 那 呃 |
[20:32] | Rock-Paper-Scissors for the sofa? | 石头剪子布决定谁睡沙发 |
[20:33] | – I’ll take it. – Okay. | – 我睡沙发 – 好吧 |
[20:35] | Looks like it’s you and me in the bed, Doc… | 那就咱俩睡床了 医生 |
[20:38] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[20:40] | But I warn you, I’m a roller. | 但告诉你哦 我睡觉爱翻身 |
[20:48] | What was I thinking | 真不知道我怎么想的 |
[20:49] | drinking all that coffee on the way up here? | 一路上喝了那么多咖啡 |
[20:51] | I’m going to be up all night. | 我一晚上别想睡了 |
[20:52] | I am wired. | 简直像打了鸡血一样 |
[20:58] | Uh, Kenny, do you think you could… | 呃 Kenny 你能不能 |
[21:05] | Good night, Frasier. | 晚安 Frasier |
[21:07] | Good night, Roz. | 晚安 Roz |