时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:10] | Daphne Daphne. | |
[00:10] | – Hey. – Hello. | – 嘿 – 嗨 |
[00:11] | I though you were spending the afternoon with Dad. | 我以为你今天下午要陪老爸呢 |
[00:13] | He’s in the loo. Why don’t you join us? | 他去卫生间了 你跟我们一起坐吧 |
[00:15] | All right. Thank you. | 好啊 谢谢 |
[00:16] | Hey, did you happen to catch the show today? | 对了 你有没有听我今天的节目 |
[00:17] | I was on fire. First caller was an agoraphobic– | 我超棒的 第一个来电者有旷野恐惧症 |
[00:20] | boom! Knocked it right out of the park. | 哐 一记漂亮的本垒打 解决 |
[00:22] | Then two troubled marriages and a compulsive overeater– | 然后是两桩婚姻问题加一个强迫型暴饮暴食者 |
[00:24] | Boom, boom! Boom! | 哐 哐 哐 |
[00:27] | I was a regular mental health dispensing machine. | 我简直就是发射心理解决方案的发球机 |
[00:30] | I did two loads of laundry | 我洗了两坨衣服 |
[00:32] | and cut a piece of gum out of Eddie’s hair. | 还从Eddie的毛里剪下来一块口香糖 |
[00:34] | Now, Daphne, don’t get down on yourself. | Daphne 不要看低自己 |
[00:36] | The work you do at home is very important. | 你做的家事也非常重要 |
[00:38] | In fact, I don’t know what | 说实话 要是你结婚了 |
[00:38] | Dad and I are going to do once you’re married. | 我都不知道我跟老爸该怎么办 |
[00:40] | Thank you, Dr. Crane. | 谢谢你 Crane医生 |
[00:41] | That makes me feel better. | 这话让我舒服些了 |
[00:43] | Boom! Boy, there is no “off” switch on this thing. | 哐 我这发球机根本停不下来啊 |
[00:47] | Sadly, that’s true. | 这倒是真的 |
[00:50] | Oh, there she is, the other half of our team. | 噢 她来了 我们队伍的另一半 |
[00:52] | Roz, are you still as jazzed as I am? | Roz 你现在是不是还跟打了鸡血似的 |
[00:54] | They’re taking us off the air. | 他们要让我们停播 |
[00:55] | What? Since when? | 什么 什么时候的事儿 |
[00:57] | While you were out looking for Gatorade to pour over yourself, | 就你出去找佳得乐往身上浇那会儿 |
[00:59] | Kenny came by and said he’s yanking us for a week. | Kenny过来说他要让我们停播一周 |
[01:02] | He wants to try out that new show– | 他想试试那个新节目 |
[01:03] | you know,Car Chat with Bob and Bethany. | 就是Bob和Bethany主持的汽车访谈 |
[01:05] | Car Chat with Bob and Bethany? | Bob和Bethany的汽车访谈 |
[01:07] | What the…? | 什么鬼 |
[01:09] | Oh… touche, Kenny. | 噢 干得漂亮 Kenny |
[01:13] | You are indeed a worthy adversary, | 你确实有两手啊 |
[01:16] | but you shall find I have a trick or two of my own. | 但是你很快就会知道 我也是有绝招的 |
[01:20] | You know, Dr. Crane, | Crane医生 你想想 |
[01:21] | maybe a week off would do you some good. | 也许停播一周对你来说也是好事呢 |
[01:23] | No, no, no, you don’t understand. You see | 不 不 你不明白 |
[01:24] | I’m actually renegotiating my contract right now | 我跟电台的合约快到期了 该续约了 |
[01:26] | and this is merely the station’s tactic | 这只是台里的策略 |
[01:28] | to try to get me to cave. | 想挫我的锐气 |
[01:29] | I hope you’re right. | 希望你是对的 |
[01:30] | Of course I’m right. | 我当然是对的 |
[01:31] | Bob and Bethany,Car Chat. Please. | Bob和Bethany 汽车访谈 得了吧 |
[01:34] | How can anybody drone on for three hours | 谁能对着这种没人理解的话题 |
[01:36] | about a subject that nobody even understands? | 叨叨上三个小时 |
[01:37] | Yeah, we were there first. | 就是 懂不懂先来后到呀 |
[01:41] | Don’t worry, Dr. Crane. | 别急 Crane医生 |
[01:42] | I’m sure you’re right about these things. | 你肯定是对的 |
[01:44] | After all, you usually are. | 毕竟你通常都是对的 |
[01:46] | Why, thank you, Daphne. | 噢 谢谢你 Daphne |
[01:47] | That’s exactly what I needed to hear. | 你这么一说我心里舒服多了 |
[01:49] | Boom. | 哐 |
[01:52] | – Son. – Oh, hi, Dad. | – 儿子 – 嗨 老爸 |
[01:53] | Boy, they really did a job in the men’s room, didn’t they? | 天 他们把男厕所装修得不错啊 |
[01:56] | Why, I hadn’t noticed. | 是么 我没注意到啊 |
[01:57] | Oh, yeah, completely redid it. | 是啊 完全重新装修了 |
[01:59] | Fancy wallpapers, | 有花哨的墙纸 |
[02:00] | bright new tile, even those little perfumed soaps | 鲜亮的瓷砖 还有你在家 |
[02:03] | that you like to use at home, Fras. | 爱用的香水小香皂 Frasier |
[02:05] | Oh, for heaven’s sakes. | 啊 老天啊 |
[02:06] | You went into the ladies room, you blind old sod. | 你进了女厕所 你个老瞎子 |
[02:11] | I’ve been begging him for months to get glasses. | 为了给他配副眼镜 我都求了他好几个月了 |
[02:13] | Ladies room? You’re crazy. That guy was just in there. | 女厕所 你搞错了吧 那男的刚刚也在那儿啊 |
[02:18] | Hi, Bethany. Uh, listen. | 嗨 Bethany 对了 |
[02:20] | Good luck in the slot next week. | 祝你下周试播一切顺利 |
[02:21] | Thanks. We’re pumped. | 谢了 我们士气正足呢 |
[02:25] | Granted, Dad, Bethany may be a bit of a tough call, | 老爸 Bethany确实有点难以分辨 |
[02:27] | but still, you know, it wouldn’t hurt to get a checkup. | 但去查查也没什么不好的 |
[02:30] | Oh, come on, don’t you start, too. | 行了行了 你别也跟着叨叨了 |
[02:32] | There’s nothing wrong with my eyes. | 我眼睛好着呢 |
[02:33] | Now, if you don’t mind, I just want | 要是你们不介意的话 |
[02:35] | to sit here quietly, and have an… | 我只想静静地坐在这里 吃点… |
[02:40] | …have a drink of cream. | 喝一口… 奶油 |
[02:41] | Do you have a problem with that? | 你们有意见吗 |
[02:50] | Hello, Dr. Crane. | 嗨 Crane医生 |
[02:52] | Oh. Hello, Daphne. | 嗨 Daphne |
[02:55] | Say, you know, my agent Bebe said she might be stopping by. | 我的经纪人Bebe说她会顺路过来 |
[02:57] | Have you heard anything? | 刚刚有电话进来吗 |
[02:58] | No. And I hope she’s not staying for lunch. | 没有 希望她不会留下来吃午饭 |
[03:01] | I’m afraid we’re fresh out of live mice. | 恐怕咱家已经没有活老鼠可给她吃了 |
[03:11] | Hey, Fras. | 嘿 Fras |
[03:12] | Dad. | 老爸 |
[03:20] | Is it my imagination, or are those ladies glasses? | 是我想太多吗 那是不是女式眼镜 |
[03:24] | Yes, and don’t you say anything. | 就是女式的 你什么也别说 |
[03:26] | I had to drag him down to the store. | 我把他连拉带拽带去了眼镜店 |
[03:28] | He tried on every pair in the place. | 他试过了那里的每一副 |
[03:30] | Those were the only ones he liked. | 只喜欢这个 |
[03:39] | So. | 嘿 |
[03:42] | How do you like the new specs? | 你觉得我的新眼镜怎么样 |
[03:45] | They certainly are eye-catching. | 绝对是吸睛利器啊 |
[03:46] | Yeah. | 可不么 |
[03:48] | You should have seen the looks I got all day. | 我这一路上的回头率啊 |
[03:51] | Mostly from women. | 而且大部分都是女人呢 |
[03:52] | You know, I’d like to think it was me, | 我是很愿意相信是因为我的魅力 |
[03:54] | but I got an idea these frames were designed | 但我又觉得 这些眼镜的设计初衷 |
[03:56] | with an eye to pleasing the ladies. | 就是要取悦女性的 |
[04:01] | I’d say that’s a safe assumption. | 我觉得这是个靠谱的推测 |
[04:03] | Daph, have you seen the case for them? | Daph 你看到我的眼镜盒了吗 |
[04:05] | I don’t know what I did with it. | 我不记得把它放哪儿了 |
[04:05] | Yeah, I think I popped them into my purse. | 我好像把它放我包里了 |
[04:07] | – Check my room. – Okeydoke. | – 去我房间找找看 – 好嘞 |
[04:09] | Oh, wait’ll you see this case, Fras. | 给你显摆下我的眼镜盒 Fras |
[04:11] | This Lauren guy really knows what he’s doing. | Lauren这家伙还真有两下子 |
[04:15] | Ralph Lauren Ralph Lauren? | |
[04:16] | Sophia Sophia. | |
[04:21] | I’m amazed you can keep a straight face all day. | 你居然能一直憋着不笑 真是厉害呀 |
[04:24] | I’ve done enough clothes shopping with your father. | 我已经跟你爸去买过很多次衣服了 |
[04:27] | I’m pretty good at pretending to like things | 不论那些东西有多可怕 |
[04:29] | no matter how horrifying I find them. | 我都能表现出喜欢的样子 我很厉害的 |
[04:33] | Bebe Bebe. | |
[04:33] | How nice to see you. | 见到你简直太好了 |
[04:38] | Frasier, my favorite client. | Frasier 我最喜欢的客户 |
[04:40] | Seattle’s golden-throated gift to the airwaves. | 西雅图广播界的金嗓子 |
[04:43] | I take it negotiations aren’t going so well. | 咱的谈判好像进行得不是太顺利嘛 |
[04:46] | You remember that insulting figure | 还记得你说过的那个 |
[04:47] | you said you’d never accept? | 你绝不会接受的侮辱性数字吗 |
[04:49] | They haven’t come up to it yet. | 他们出的价还到不了那个数呢 |
[04:50] | Oh, dear. | 妈呀 |
[04:52] | Knock, knock. | 叮咚 叮咚 |
[04:52] | Oh, come on in, Niles. | 快进来 Niles |
[04:54] | Bebe’s just bringing me up to speed | Bebe正在告诉我续约谈判的情况 |
[04:55] | on the depressing news about my contract negotiations. | 不过形势并不乐观 |
[04:58] | Don’t worry, dear. | 别担心 亲爱的 |
[04:59] | I just need to find a way to throw a scare into them. | 只要给我找到让他们害怕的办法就成了 |
[05:02] | Have you tried turning into a bat? | 你可以变成一只蝙蝠啊 |
[05:06] | I would, love, but most grown men | 我倒是愿意 亲爱的 但大多数男人 |
[05:08] | don’t share your fear of tiny creatures. | 不都像你一样害怕那种小生物的 |
[05:14] | Could you two please catch up later? | 你俩能待会儿再聊吗 |
[05:17] | I did get one offer | 我确实拿到了一个offer |
[05:18] | that I thought might give us some leverage. | 应该能给我们加点筹码 |
[05:20] | It’s a TV job. | 是一份电视台的工作 |
[05:22] | Television? | 电视 |
[05:22] | Unfortunately, it’s all wrong for you. | 不幸的是 它根本不适合你 |
[05:24] | They want you and Roz to host A.M. Seattle next week. | 他们想让你和Roz去主持下周的早安西雅图 |
[05:27] | That vapid morning chat show? | 那个无聊的早间访谈节目 |
[05:29] | Exactly what I told them. | 我就是这么跟他们说的 |
[05:31] | Frasier Crane is a doctor. | Frasier Crane是个医生 |
[05:33] | He heals the masses; he doesn’t pander to them. | 他是治愈大众的 不是迎合他们低级趣味的 |
[05:36] | He’s not going to do some | 他才不会做什么 |
[05:37] | silly morning kaffeeklatsch | 傻兮兮的咖啡座谈呢 |
[05:38] | no matter how fabulously popular it is. | 无论这东西现在多红 都不做 |
[05:40] | Well, that’s quite right, Bebe. | 这倒是没错 Bebe |
[05:41] | That sort of show is beneath me. | 这种节目是配不上我的 |
[05:43] | Exactly. | 就是这样 |
[05:44] | – It’s undignified. – Horribly. | – 这种节目太轻佻了 – 令人发指 |
[05:45] | Still… | 不过 |
[05:45] | I’m listening. | 您请说 |
[05:48] | If there were a way to do it | 如果能把这个节目做得更加正式 |
[05:48] | with a bit more dignity, some polish and substance. | 更儒雅和有内涵一些 那就不一样了 |
[05:51] | Why didn’t I think of that? | 我怎么就没想到呢 |
[05:52] | You know, a dash of high society and a dollop of culture. | 加入一些上层社会和文化的元素 |
[05:56] | I can’t believe you’re even considering this. | 我真不敢相信你竟然还考虑上了 |
[05:58] | The show is nothing more | 这个节目 |
[05:59] | than a melange of bad jokes | 不过就是无聊笑料 |
[06:01] | and mind-numbing banter. | 加上令人厌恶的调侃 |
[06:02] | Yes, but it doesn’t have to be, Niles, don’t you see? | 是的 但它不一定非要这样啊 Niles |
[06:04] | I mean, if I could choose the guests myself. | 你看 如果我能自己选择嘉宾 |
[06:06] | – You can. – And control the content. | – 你可以 – 然后把握内容的话 |
[06:08] | – You could. – Well, then I’d accept. | – 你可以 – 好 那我就接受了 |
[06:09] | We did. I mean, we will. | 已经接受了 我是说 我们会接受的 |
[06:12] | In fact, why don’t I call | 要不然我现在 |
[06:14] | them right now with the exciting news. | 就打电话告诉他们这激动人心的消息 |
[06:18] | May I? | 可以吗 |
[06:19] | On the balcony, if you don’t mind. | 你要是不介意的话 请在阳台抽 |
[06:21] | Mind? | 怎么会呢 |
[06:22] | I don’t want a single puff | 我可不希望我的一口烟 |
[06:25] | tearing up the baby blues of TV’s newest sensation. | 毁了电视界的新宠啊 |
[06:27] | – By this time next week – You heard him | – 等到下周的这个时候 – 你听见了 |
[06:29] | If you’re going to blow smoke, do it on the balcony. | 如果你要吸烟的话 就去阳台吧 |
[06:36] | Well, I can’t say I’m surprised. | 啧啧 我并不觉得惊讶 |
[06:40] | What is that supposed to mean? | 这话是什么意思 |
[06:41] | Only that something like this was inevitable. | 只不过是说 这种事是不可避免的 |
[06:43] | It’s the final step in your descent | 这是你从一个正统的心理医生 |
[06:45] | from legitimate psychiatrist to dancing bear. | 沦为娱乐戏子的最后一步 |
[06:48] | Niles, we are talking about doing | Niles 我只是为了 |
[06:50] | a sophisticated television show for one week | 扭转续约谈判的局势 |
[06:52] | in order to improve my contract negotiations. | 去做个世俗的电视节目 一周而已 |
[06:54] | This has nothing to do with your contract negotiations. | 这跟你的续约谈判半点关系都没有 |
[06:56] | You have been an applause junkie | 自从小学你上台表演过之后 |
[06:58] | ever since you first set foot on a grammar school stage. | 你就对掌声上瘾了 |
[07:00] | I was drawn to the theater | 戏剧是吸引我 |
[07:02] | because of its discipline and collaborative spirit. | 但那是因为它充满纪律和合作精神 |
[07:06] | Oh, please. | 切 得了吧 |
[07:07] | In your sixth-grade production of Oklahoma, | 你六年级演<俄克拉荷马>的时候 |
[07:09] | you took so many curtain calls, Mrs. Van Raaphorst | 谢幕谢了那么多次 逼着Van Raaphorst老师 |
[07:12] | had to lasso you and pull you from the stage. | 用绳子套住你 才把你拉下来 |
[07:15] | That woman never understood me or the role | 那女人根本不理解我 |
[07:17] | of farmer number three. | 也不理解我那农民丙的角色 |
[07:22] | Oh, I’m just wasting my breath. | 我真是在浪费口舌 |
[07:24] | As usual, you have fallen under the spell | 你还是跟往常一样 |
[07:26] | of that sorceress out there. | 又被外面那个巫婆控制了 |
[07:27] | I have done no such thing. | 你瞎说 再说了 |
[07:28] | And I wish you’d just lay off of Bebe. | 你放Bebe一马吧 |
[07:30] | She is not some malign witch | 她才不是什么恶毒的女巫 |
[07:31] | who can transform people at will. | 能随意把人变来变去的 |
[07:33] | I can’t find a damn thing in this purse. | 怎么在这包里什么都找不到 |
[07:42] | If I say I’m sorry, | 要是我道歉的话 |
[07:43] | will she change Dad back into a man? | 她能不能把老爸变回男人 |
[07:50] | Well, it took several of your best people, | 好几个你最好的发型师轮番上阵 |
[07:51] | but I believe they’ve finally wrestled | 经过好一番努力之后 |
[07:53] | this feisty cowlick of mine into submission. | 终于让我执拗的鬈发屈服了 |
[07:55] | So, are we, uh, ready to roll? | 那么 我们能开始了吗 |
[07:57] | Not quite. Your partner’s not here. | 还不行 你的搭档还没来 |
[07:59] | Roz is not here? | Roz还没到吗 |
[08:00] | But we are on in four minutes. | 但我们还有4分钟就直播了 |
[08:02] | At this point, a rerun is on in four minutes. | 现在看来 是还差4分钟就得重播之前的节目了 |
[08:04] | Don’t worry, Matt, she’ll be here. | 别担心 Matt 她会来的 |
[08:05] | We won’t even have time to put her through makeup. | 我们压根都没时间给她化妆啊 |
[08:07] | A natural beauty like Roz? | Roz那么天生丽质的 还需要化妆么 |
[08:09] | Oh, please, darling. | 拜托 亲爱的 |
[08:10] | Pinch her cheek, stand back and watch her glow. | 只要捏捏她的脸 然后就可以等着看她闪耀了 |
[08:13] | – Hey. Sorry I’m late. – Roz. | – 嘿 抱歉我来晚了 – Roz |
[08:14] | Oh, for God’s sake, you look awful. | 老天啊 你看上去糟透了 |
[08:16] | – Are you sick? – No. Of course not. | – 你生病了吗 – 当然没有啊 |
[08:17] | I wouldn’t be sick for our big debut. | 我才不会在我们首秀时生病呢 |
[08:19] | I’m totally fine. | 我好得不得了 |
[08:20] | Roz, you’re burning up. | Roz 你烧得很厉害 |
[08:21] | Well, it’s kind of hot in here. | 可是这里是有点热啊 |
[08:23] | Maybe it’s all these lights. | 可能是因为这些灯光的原因 |
[08:24] | I’ll just get this jacket off. | 我这就把这个上衣脱了 |
[08:26] | No, no. Roz, Roz. Stop, stop, stop. | 别脱 别脱 Roz Roz 停 停 |
[08:28] | She’s delirious. | 她精神失常了吧 |
[08:29] | With anticipation, darling. Don’t worry. | 这在意料之内啦 亲爱的 别着急 |
[08:31] | I’ll calm her down. | 我会让她冷静下来的 |
[08:32] | Pull yourself together, | 打起你的精神来 |
[08:33] | you hear me, we need this show! | 听见了吗 我们需要这个节目 |
[08:35] | All right, everyone. We’re doing a rerun. | 行了 大家听着 我们改成重播之前的节目吧 |
[08:37] | Let the audience go, cue the tapes. | 让观众离席 准备录影带 |
[08:39] | Wait. Can’t Frasier do the show without her? | 等下 要不就让Frasier一个人上好了 |
[08:41] | This is a chat show. | 这是一个聊天节目 |
[08:42] | Who’s he going to chat with? | 没有她 他跟谁聊啊 |
[08:44] | Me. I’ll go on with him. | 我 我跟他上节目 |
[08:45] | You? | 你 |
[08:46] | Pull yourself together, Roz! | 赶紧振作起来 Roz |
[08:49] | I don’t think so, Bebe. | 还是算了吧 Bebe |
[08:51] | Why not? All he needs is someone | 为什么 他只是需要一个人 |
[08:52] | to suck up to him, laugh at his jokes, | 能奉承他 在他讲笑话时候笑一笑 |
[08:53] | pretend to listen to his stories. | 假装是在听他的故事 就行了 |
[08:55] | I’m his agent; for God’s sake, that’s what I do. | 我是他的经纪人 我就是干这个的 |
[08:58] | You know, I believe she could pull it off. | 我觉得她应该可以 |
[09:00] | The problem is, she needs to be likable. | 问题是 她必须得讨喜才行 |
[09:02] | Right. Do I at least get to keep the suit? | 有道理 那这套西装是不是能给我 |
[09:06] | Hold on. | 等等 |
[09:07] | I can be likable. | 我可以变得很讨喜 |
[09:08] | I can also be very unlikable. | 我也可以变得特别不讨喜 |
[09:11] | Maybe if you explained the difference | 你能不能跟可怜的Bebe |
[09:12] | to poor, confused Bebe. | 解释一下这两者的区别 |
[09:13] | For instance, what you were doing in the dressing room | 就像一小时前 你在化妆室 |
[09:16] | with the wardrobe girl an hour ago | 跟那个女服装师做的事儿 |
[09:17] | would your wife find that likable or unlikable? | 你老婆会觉得这是讨喜还是不讨喜呢 |
[09:21] | Put some makeup on this woman | 来给这位女士化点妆 |
[09:24] | Okay, folks. 60 seconds. | 大家注意 60秒 |
[09:25] | All right, Bebe, just follow my lead. | 好 Bebe 跟着我走就行 |
[09:27] | I’ll introduce us and then we’ll get to our guests, all right? | 我先介绍咱俩然后再介绍嘉宾 好么 |
[09:29] | Now, wasn’t our first guest Susan Sontag? | 什么 我们的第一个嘉宾不是Susan Sontag吗 |
[09:33] | She had a conflict. | 她档期排不开 |
[09:34] | Don’t worry. We got a fabulous replacement. | 别担心 我们找来了一个超级棒的代替嘉宾 |
[09:36] | “Baby Leo, the world’s biggest two-year-old”? | “里奥宝宝 史上最壮的两岁宝宝” |
[09:40] | You’re going to love him. | 你会爱上他的 |
[09:41] | Just remember to lift with your legs. | 就是记着抱他的时候腿上要使劲 |
[09:45] | That’s it. This is unacceptable. | 我不干了 我受不了 |
[09:46] | Oh, now who’s the world’s biggest baby? | 噢 瞧瞧谁才是世上最大的宝宝 |
[09:49] | – I will not do this show! – We’re live in five, | – 我不做了 – 直播倒数 5 |
[09:51] | 4 3 2 four, three, two… | |
[09:56] | Hi. Welcome to A.M. Seattle. | 大家好 欢迎收看<早安西雅图> |
[09:58] | I’m Dr. Frasier Crane. | 我是Frasier Crane医生 |
[09:59] | And I’m Bebe Glazer. | 我是Bebe Glazer |
[10:01] | We’re going to be your hosts this week | 我们是本周的节目主持人 |
[10:02] | and believe me, we’ve got | 相信我 |
[10:03] | some great shows lined up for you. | 我们为您准备了精彩的节目 |
[10:05] | But before we get to our guests, | 但在介绍嘉宾之前 |
[10:07] | I’d like to take a few moments to share with you | 我希望花些时间与您分享一些 |
[10:10] | a few thoughts I’ve prepared | 我精心准备的感想 |
[10:12] | on a very special time of the day | 是关于一天中一段特殊的时光 |
[10:15] | the time that we’ll be spending together | 我们会共同度过的一段时光 |
[10:17] | Morning. | 早晨 |
[10:20] | A new beginning. | 一个新的开始 |
[10:22] | A daily rebirth, if you will. | 甚至可以说是每日的重生 |
[10:24] | What the hell is this? | 这在搞什么啊 |
[10:24] | Banter. Banter. | 抖包袱 抖包袱啊 |
[10:26] | And even though “A.M.” stands for | 虽然”A.M.”代表着 |
[10:28] | “ante meridian,” | 正午以前 |
[10:30] | if you simply put them together, | 但如果你把它们合起来 |
[10:31] | they also make up the word “am,” as in, “I am.” | 他们便构成了”存在”一词 例如 “我存在” |
[10:38] | Not before my coffee. | 不喝杯咖啡 我可意识不到我还存在 |
[10:42] | As you can see, Frasier has a way with words | 大家看到了 Frasier很擅长文字游戏 |
[10:46] | but did you also know that he has a way with voices? | 但大家是否知道 他也很擅长声音模仿 |
[10:50] | Excuse me? | 你说什么 |
[10:51] | Who wants to hear Frasier’s | 谁想听听Frasier的 |
[10:52] | famous Sean Connery impression? | 肖恩-康纳利模仿秀 |
[11:03] | (imitating Sean Connery): Now, now, Moneypenny, | (模仿中) 好了 好了 钱班霓 |
[11:05] | you’re embarrassing me. | 你让我很尴尬啊 |
[11:13] | Dr. Frasier Crane, ladies and gentlemen. | 女士们先生们 Frasier Crane医生 |
[11:17] | Any more impressions, Frasier? | 再来一些吧 Frasier |
[11:18] | Maybe I should just… | 可能我还是 |
[11:19] | Now, don’t be shy. | 好了 别害羞嘛 |
[11:21] | Who wants to hear Frasier do more impressions? | 谁还想听Frasier带来更多的模仿呢 |
[11:27] | It’s just that I’d hate | 我只是不希望 |
[11:29] | to take time away from our other guests. | 占用嘉宾太多时间 |
[11:31] | I-I believe that… | 我认为 (开始模仿詹姆斯-梅森) |
[11:32] | (imitating James Mason): James Mason may be stopping by to visit today. | 詹姆斯-梅森可能今天会来 |
[11:38] | Oh, yes! | 哈 太棒啦 |
[11:49] | Well, this has been some week. | 这一周啊 |
[11:52] | It’s really flown by. | 时间真是飞逝而过啊 |
[11:53] | Hasn’t it? | 可不是嘛 |
[11:54] | Whoosh. | 嗖嗖地 |
[11:54] | A whoosh. | 嗖嗖地 |
[11:55] | I can’t believe it’s time | 真不敢相信 |
[11:56] | for Thursday’s Kitchen Corner. | 这就到了周四的”烹饪角”时间 |
[11:58] | We’ll be right back with Chef Frasier. | 不要走开 Frasier大厨 |
[12:01] | Hang tight. | 马上回来 |
[12:03] | And we’re clear. | 已切出 |
[12:06] | Bebe, Kitchen Corner? | Bebe “烹饪角” |
[12:09] | I thought we had the violin prodigy up next. | 我以为接下来要对话小提琴神童呢 |
[12:11] | For God’s sake, we bumped Kim Lee twice this week. | 老天啊 我们这周已经放了Kim Lee两次鸽子了 |
[12:13] | I know, but we’re running short of time, | 我知道 但是我们时间不多了啊 |
[12:15] | and the cooking segment is gonna be boffo. | 何况烹饪环节的效果会特别好 |
[12:17] | Well, all right, but I insist | 那好吧 也行 |
[12:19] | Kim Lee play over the closing credits. | 但一定要让Kim Lee在节目最后演奏 |
[12:20] | All right? We’re not running | 行吗 我们是不会做 |
[12:21] | some sort of a tacky run-of-the-mill morning show. | 俗套又烂大街的早间节目的 |
[12:24] | – Here’s your chef’s costume. – Thank you. | – 你的厨师服 – 谢谢 |
[12:26] | Allow me, dear. | 让我来 亲爱的 |
[12:29] | You know, Frasier. | Frasier 你知道吗 |
[12:31] | The most magical thing happened to me | 昨天晚饭的时候 |
[12:33] | last night during dinner. | 我遇到了件特别神奇的事儿 |
[12:34] | Really? | 真的吗 |
[12:35] | I was recognized. | 我被人认出来了 |
[12:37] | It’s intoxicating, isn’t it? | 感觉特别陶醉 是不是 |
[12:39] | Gosh, I myself, | 老天 即便是我 |
[12:40] | no stranger to celebrity, | 已经习惯了做名人的我 |
[12:42] | have noticed more heads | 都注意到 |
[12:43] | swiveling in my direction. | 我的回头率变高了呢 |
[12:47] | We’re back in five, four, | 倒数 5 4 |
[12:49] | 3 2 three, two… | |
[12:52] | Welcome back. | 欢迎回来 |
[12:53] | Frasier, I hear you’re quite the gourmet. | Frasier 我听说你可是个美食家呢 |
[12:55] | Oh, please. | 过誉啦 |
[12:55] | I don’t do anything fancy. | 我并不是专业人士 |
[12:57] | A few souffles, a flambe or two. | 早饭就弄些蛋奶酥啊 火焰烧啊 |
[12:59] | Just good eats. | 吃得好而已 |
[13:01] | Now, this morning, I’m going to be making | 今天早上 我将为您带来 |
[13:02] | my signature breakfast for you– | 我的标志早餐 |
[13:05] | that’s Eggs Palermo Fontana. | 巴勒莫冯塔纳蛋卷 |
[13:07] | Makes my mouth water. | 听得我都馋了 |
[13:09] | But before we start, | 但在开始之前 |
[13:10] | I have a little sweetheart backstage | 我们后台有一位小可爱 |
[13:12] | who’s dying to come out and give you a hand. | 正迫不及待的想登台帮你呢 |
[13:14] | Is it Kim Lee? | 是Kim Lee吗 |
[13:15] | Not even close. | 压根不沾边 |
[13:16] | It’s Bobo, the cooking chimp. | 它就是Bobo 能烹饪的猩猩 |
[13:22] | Oh, that’s very funny. | 哦吼 这就有趣了 |
[13:24] | This has Matt’s fingerprints all over it. | 这一看就是Matt的主意 |
[13:29] | We thought | 我们觉得 |
[13:30] | it might be great fun | 如果能比拼一下你俩的手艺 |
[13:31] | if you were to match your skills against his. | 一定会非常有趣 |
[13:33] | Well, I don’t know, Bebe | 确定吗 Bebe |
[13:35] | Well, let’s let the audience decide. | 我们让观众来决定好了 |
[13:37] | How many of you | 多少人 |
[13:38] | want to see the monkey make eggs? | 想看猴子做鸡蛋的? |
[13:42] | How many of you want to see Bobo make eggs? | 多少人想看Bobo做鸡蛋的 |
[13:45] | Just kidding. | 开玩笑的 |
[13:46] | Ouch. | 哎呀 |
[13:48] | Well, all right. | 那好吧 |
[13:49] | Apes before beauty. | 猿者优先 |
[13:55] | Frasier Frasier. | |
[13:55] | Bobo Bobo. | |
[13:56] | May the best chef win. | 强者为胜 |
[13:58] | Now, the first rule of haute cuisine | 精美烹饪的第一原则 |
[14:00] | is to be sure you have all your ingredients | 就是要确保所有原料都已备齐 |
[14:02] | at hand, you see. | 像这样 |
[14:03] | We have eggs, milk, butter, | 我们备好鸡蛋 牛奶 黄油 |
[14:05] | spinach, and, of course, our old friend, the shallot. | 菠菜 当然还有我们的老伙伴 葱 |
[14:14] | Why, look at that. | 啊 快看 |
[14:15] | He’s not even preheating the pan. | 他甚至都没有把锅预热呢 |
[14:17] | The beast. | 猴样 |
[14:18] | Bobo’s getting an early lead. | Bobo已经占得先机了 |
[14:21] | It’s very important | 特别重要的是 |
[14:22] | to keep your eggs light and fluffy. | 煎出来的蛋要颜色明亮且松脆 |
[14:25] | So, what you want to do | 所以就需要 |
[14:26] | is add a bit of milk and a touch of flour. | 加少量牛奶和少许面粉 |
[14:37] | Stop that. | 别闹了 |
[14:38] | Well, I… | 呃 我 |
[14:40] | He’s a pesky little chef, isn’t he? | 他还真是个有点烦人的小厨啊 |
[14:46] | You crazy chimp. | 你个疯颠的猩猩 |
[14:52] | Oh. Oh, my God. | 啊 啊 我的天啊 |
[14:54] | And this whole thing was improvised. | 整个场面都是即兴发挥的呢 |
[14:57] | You’re kidding. | 别逗我了 |
[14:58] | It’s like you and the chimp | 看上去 |
[14:59] | have been working together for years. | 你和猩猩已经合作多年了 |
[15:02] | Boy, that’s great stuff, Frasier. | 这节目真不错啊 Frasier |
[15:03] | You know, I can’t tell you how impressed | McGinty酒吧里那些人 |
[15:05] | the guys at McGinty’s | 对我可是刮目相看呀 |
[15:06] | are that I have such a famous son. | 因为我有个名人儿子 |
[15:08] | What do they say? | 他们都说什么了 |
[15:09] | Well, they don’t say anything to my face, | 呃 他们没当着我的面说什么 |
[15:11] | but when I walk in, | 但当我走进去的时候 |
[15:12] | they kind of nudge each other and whisper. | 他们就在那交头接耳 |
[15:18] | That will be me Shepherd’s Pie. | 我的肉馅薯饼好了 |
[15:19] | Shepherd’s Pie? | 肉馅薯饼 |
[15:22] | I must confess, there’s a part of me | 我得承认 我确实有那么点希望 |
[15:24] | that wishes I could still do the TV show. | 能接着做这个电视节目 |
[15:27] | Well, there’s a part of me that wishes | 我也确实有那么点希望 |
[15:28] | that monkey was cooking dinner | 那只猴子能来给我做晚饭 |
[15:29] | instead of you-know-who. | 而不是这一位(这也是伏地魔的称谓) |
[15:32] | But we put our dreams away. | 但想想就得了吧 |
[15:36] | Oh, hi, Roz. | 喔 嗨 Roz |
[15:37] | Well, don’t you look nice. | 你看上去不错 |
[15:38] | – You’re feeling better? – Yes, thank you. | – 你好点了么 – 好多了 谢谢 |
[15:40] | Can we talk? | 我们能聊聊吗 |
[15:41] | Of course. Come on in. | 当然了 快请进 |
[15:42] | What’s the matter? | 什么事 |
[15:43] | Well, I talked to my friends in business affairs | 我跟我商务部门的朋友聊了聊 |
[15:45] | and they say they’re ready to close our deals | 他们说合约已经谈得差不多了 |
[15:47] | but Bebe’s holding it up. | 但是Bebe还是拖着不肯签 |
[15:49] | Of course, she’s holding it up. | 当然得拖着他们 |
[15:50] | She’s trying to make them sweat a bit. | 我们就是要吊着他们的胃口 |
[15:51] | That’s the whole strategy | 这就是为什么要做那个电视节目 |
[15:52] | behind this TV show– leverage. | 把它当作筹码 |
[15:54] | Yeah, well, | 是么 |
[15:55] | um, I heard a rumor | 我听到传言说 |
[15:58] | that A.M. Seattle isn’t happy with their regular hosts, | 早安西雅图对他们的常规主播不满意 |
[16:00] | and I think she’s angling | 我觉得她是在想办法 |
[16:02] | for you to take over. | 让你把它接下来 |
[16:03] | So where does that leave me? | 那样的话叫我怎么办 |
[16:04] | Well, even if that was Bebe’s plan, | 即便这是Bebe的计划 |
[16:07] | I mean, you’re forgetting that it’s still my career, | 你得知道 这是我的职业选择 |
[16:09] | and I’m calling the shots. | 还是我说了算 |
[16:10] | There is no way I would continue doing A.M. Seattle. | 我不可能继续主持早安西雅图 |
[16:12] | You look like you’re having the time of your life. | 但感觉上你很享受这个节目啊 |
[16:14] | I’m playing a character. | 我只是在表演啊 |
[16:16] | There is a big difference | 我的身份差别很大的 |
[16:17] | between Dr. Frasier Crane, psychiatrist and Frasier Crane | 一个是心理医生Frasier Crane |
[16:20] | the guy who starts your morning right. | 一个是Frasier Crane 点亮你早晨的人 |
[16:24] | I tell you what. | 我跟你说 |
[16:25] | I will speak to Bebe tomorrow when we’re in the chair. | 我明早上椅的时候就会跟Bebe讲 |
[16:27] | That’s the industry term | 这是个业界术语 |
[16:28] | for when we’re getting our makeup put on. | 就是说我们在化妆的时候 |
[16:30] | Thanks, Frasier. | 谢了 Frasier |
[16:31] | Yeah. Sure. | 不客气啊 |
[16:33] | God, this is so weird. | 天啊 这太奇怪了 |
[16:35] | Daphne usually has such great taste. | Daphne的品味一向很好的啊 |
[16:38] | What is she thinking with these glasses? | 她买这种眼镜是要搞什么啊 |
[16:41] | Well, actually, Roz, uh… | 呃 事实上 Roz 这个… |
[16:42] | I’ve got to go see what these look like. | 我要看看我戴上它什么样 |
[16:45] | – Hi, Roz. – Hey, Martin. | – 嗨 Roz – 嗨 Martin |
[16:49] | Somebody ought to tell Miss Doyle she’s wearing a dude’s glasses. | 谁告诉Doyle小姐下 她戴的是男士眼镜 |
[16:59] | Kiki, you’re a magician. | Kiki 你真是个魔术师 |
[17:02] | Frasier, you’re not going to believe | Frasier 我刚得到好消息 |
[17:04] | the wonderful news I just got. | 你肯定不敢相信 |
[17:06] | They want us to stay on. | 他们想让我们留在节目组 |
[17:07] | – What? – Yes. | – 什么 – 真的 |
[17:08] | We had the highest ratings the show’s had all year. | 我们主持的这周打破了这节目的收视率记录 |
[17:11] | I don’t believe this. | 老天爷 |
[17:13] | Roz was right. | Roz是对的 |
[17:14] | You had no intention of renegotiating my radio contract. | 你压根没想过给我的广播合约续约 |
[17:18] | I don’t expect gratitude, Frasier | 我并不期待你感谢我 Frasier |
[17:21] | just a little faith. | 哪怕一点点信任就好 |
[17:22] | I finished your KACL contract this morning. | 今天早上我签了你跟KACL的合约 |
[17:25] | You did? | 你签完了 |
[17:26] | And I did quite a good job, I might add. | 我必须得说 我干得还不错呢 |
[17:28] | I’m sorry, Bebe. | 对不起 Bebe |
[17:30] | I owe you an apology. | 我郑重向你道歉 |
[17:33] | Wow, this is wonderful. | 哇 太好了 |
[17:36] | I got an extra week’s vacation, | 我多了一个星期的假期呢 |
[17:38] | a very handsome raise. | 还长了不少薪 |
[17:39] | It’s garbage compared to | 但是跟留在节目组相比 |
[17:40] | what they’ll give us to stay on here. | 这些都不值一提 |
[17:42] | You’ll get an expense account, | 如果留下 你能得到公款报销账户 |
[17:43] | a wardrobe allowance, | 服装津贴 |
[17:44] | not to mention a car and driver. | 更别提还会有专车和司机呢 |
[17:47] | No, no. | 不行 不行 |
[17:47] | Let’s not forget why I took this job. | 别忘了我做这份工作的初衷 |
[17:49] | It was to raise my profile | 是为了提升我的履历 |
[17:51] | to get a better deal with the radio contract. | 来获得一份更好的播音合约 |
[17:53] | We’ve done that, Bebe, and I thank you. | 我们做到了 Bebe 我很感谢你 |
[18:00] | You’re welcome, darling. | 不客气 亲爱的 |
[18:02] | And I respect your choice. | 我也尊重你的选择 |
[18:04] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[18:04] | Now, let’s talk about today’s show. | 我们讨论下今天的节目吧 |
[18:06] | Right. | 好 |
[18:07] | We start with the Friday Fiesta. | 开场是周五狂欢派对 |
[18:08] | Here are our costumes. | 这是我们的服装 |
[18:11] | Then we move on to | 然后我们进入 |
[18:13] | the Girl Scout cookie-selling champion. | 女童子军曲奇销售冠军环节 |
[18:17] | Then we… | 再然后 |
[18:20] | Bebe, are you all right? | Bebe 你还好吗 |
[18:24] | I’ve spent my life in the wings. | 我一生都在幕后工作 |
[18:27] | It was just nice | 能在聚光灯下工作 |
[18:28] | having my moment in the spotlight. | 感觉很棒 |
[18:31] | The rush when that little red light on the camera turns on. | 摄像机上的红色小灯点亮时的快感 |
[18:36] | The strip of masking tape | 化妆间房门上贴的 |
[18:37] | on my dressing room door with my name on it. | 写着我名字的胶带 |
[18:40] | The stage-door Johnnies, | 后台门口的拥趸观众 |
[18:43] | or whatever that strange man with the autograph book calls himself. | 反正就是后台门口拿着签名簿的那个人 |
[18:47] | Admit it, darling, | 承认吧 亲爱的 |
[18:48] | you want this as much as I do. | 你跟我一样 想做这个节目 |
[18:49] | I saw it in your eyes | 我从你眼睛里看出来了 |
[18:51] | during the pie eating contest. | 就在吃馅饼大赛那次 |
[18:52] | Nobody loves blueberries that much. | 没有人那么喜欢蓝莓的 |
[18:55] | It’s the audience you love. | 你深爱着的是观众 |
[18:57] | Are you ready for Bebe and Frasier? | 准备好迎接Bebe和Frasier了吗 |
[19:03] | Listen to them. | 听他们的声音 |
[19:06] | They want you. | 他们想要见到你 |
[19:07] | They do want me, don’t they? | 他们确实想要见我 不是么 |
[19:10] | Tell me to tear up the contract, Frasier. | 让我撕碎这个合约吧 Frasier |
[19:12] | Maybe it is time for a change. | 也许这正是改变的时机 |
[19:14] | Get away from him, you she-thing! | 离他远点 你这妖女 |
[19:17] | Niles Niles. | |
[19:18] | It’s a good thing Dad started choking on that peanut | 幸亏老爸吃花生噎到了 |
[19:20] | or I’d have never have come back here for water. | 不然我也不会回来拿水 |
[19:22] | Stop this madness. | 停下 别发疯了 |
[19:23] | He can’t stop it. No one can. | 他停不下来 没人可以让他停下来 |
[19:25] | Show business is in his blood. | 他流淌着演艺事业的血液 |
[19:26] | No, psychiatry is. | 不 心理学才是他的血液 |
[19:27] | Frasier, you’re a healer. | Frasier 你是一个医者 |
[19:28] | Anyone can heal. | 谁都能做医者 |
[19:30] | You’re better than that. | 你绝不止于此 |
[19:30] | You’re an entertainer. | 你是一个艺人 |
[19:32] | Oh, God, Niles. | 啊 天啊 Niles |
[19:34] | She’s right. | 她是对的 |
[19:35] | I love the audience. | 我热爱观众 |
[19:37] | I know it’s shallow, | 我知道这样很浅薄 |
[19:38] | but it makes me feel alive. | 但它让我感觉到生命的意义 |
[19:41] | Do you have any idea | 你自己知不知道 |
[19:43] | how ridiculous you look in this outfit? | 你穿这件外套有多可笑 |
[19:45] | Frasier Frasier, | |
[19:46] | I know I sometimes make light of your radio show, | 虽然我有时候会调侃你的电台节目 |
[19:49] | but the truth is, you provide help and hope | 但事实上 你为需要帮助的人们 |
[19:52] | and comfort to people who need it. | 带来帮助 希望 和安慰 |
[19:54] | I have always envied you that. | 我一直都很嫉妒你这一点 |
[19:56] | Don’t listen to that drivel! | 不要听他的傻话 |
[20:01] | He’s right, Bebe. | 他说得对 Bebe |
[20:04] | I’m a psychiatrist. | 我是一名心理医生 |
[20:05] | I can’t do this show anymore. | 我不能再做这个节目了 |
[20:07] | I’m sorry. | 对不起 |
[20:09] | Then quit. | 那就走吧 |
[20:11] | Who needs you? | 谁需要你 |
[20:13] | I’ll find some other stuffed shirt | 有的是老古板 |
[20:15] | who’s happy to ride my coattails to fame. | 愿意追随着我 跟我一起成名呢 |
[20:18] | Niles, you’re a doctor. | Niles 你是个医生 |
[20:19] | Niles, don’t look into her eyes! | Niles 别看她的眼睛 |
[20:29] | Well, that’s it. | 就这样吧 |
[20:33] | The dream is over. | 梦也醒了 |
[20:37] | 30 seconds. | 30秒 |
[20:40] | But I’m still a professional. | 但我仍是专业人士 |
[20:44] | There’s an audience out there | 外面还有一群观众 |
[20:46] | waiting for two people to ride in on a donkey. | 等着两个人骑着驴进去呢 |
[20:50] | I don’t know about you… | 我不知道你怎么想 |
[20:54] | but I’m not going to let them down. | 但我不会让他们失望 |
[21:03] | It’s your last show. | 这是你最后一次节目 |
[21:05] | Get out there. | 上台去吧 |
[21:07] | Thanks, brother, | 谢谢 兄弟 |
[21:09] | for keeping me grounded. | 让我认清现实 |
[21:17] | Vaya con dios. | 上帝与你同在(西语) |
[21:20] | Here they are, Bebe and Frasier! | 他们来了 Bebe和Frasier |