时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:10] | Oh, uh, Dad. | 老爸 |
[00:11] | It’s not here yet. | 还没到呢 |
[00:13] | – How did you… – You’ve been yakking about it for weeks. | – 你怎么 – 你都叨叨好几周了 |
[00:16] | Your new blazer’s coming. | 你的新西服快到了 |
[00:17] | It’s Italian, it’s hand-stitched, it cost more money than my first car. | 意大利纯手工缝制 比我第一台车还贵呢 |
[00:21] | Yes, but it’s made from very expensive material. | 确实 但是那可是非常昂贵的材料 |
[00:23] | They have to find exactly the right kind of goat. | 需要费心寻找上好的山羊 |
[00:26] | Looks like they did. | 确实找得够久 |
[00:28] | Good morning, Dr. Crane. | 早上好 Crane医生 |
[00:29] | I made you a special breakfast. | 这是我特意为你准备的早餐 |
[00:31] | Why, thank you, Daphne. | 你真好 谢谢 Daphne |
[00:32] | After all, blazer day comes but once a year. | 毕竟嘛 西服千年等一回 |
[00:36] | The doorman said he was on his way up with it. | 门卫说有人送来了 |
[00:37] | I wonder what’s keeping him. | 怎么要那么久啊 |
[00:41] | Regan Regan. | |
[00:42] | Frasier Frasier. | |
[00:44] | Long time no see. | 好久不见 |
[00:46] | Yes, yes, it has been. | 是啊 好久不见 |
[00:49] | I think the last time was when you came over with that bottle of wine. | 上次见还是你拿红酒来我家那次 |
[00:52] | Oh, right, right. | 是啊 |
[00:54] | And I met your charming boyfriend. | 还一睹了你男友的风采 |
[00:56] | Scott Scott. | |
[00:57] | Scott Scott. | |
[00:58] | And he’s not my boyfriend anymore. | 他现在已经不是我男朋友了 |
[01:00] | Oh, well, he wasn’t really all that charming. | 其实他也没那么迷人 |
[01:08] | Well, it was nice seeing you again, Frasier. | 很高兴又见到你 Frasier |
[01:11] | Likewise. | 我也是 |
[01:20] | Isn’t that interesting? | 世事多么奇妙 |
[01:23] | Just ran into Regan. | 刚碰见Regan了 |
[01:26] | It seems she’s not seeing that Scott anymore. | 看来她已经不和那个Scott在一起了 |
[01:29] | What, the ballplayer? Is she nuts? | 那个球员 她脑残吧 |
[01:31] | He had money, looks, the whole package. | 那男的又富又帅 全都有啊 |
[01:34] | Dad, let him go. | 老爸 忘了他吧 |
[01:36] | Are you going to ask her out? | 你打算约她 |
[01:38] | I don’t know. | 不知道呢 |
[01:41] | Every time I’ve had the chance to get close to Regan, | 每次和Regan在一起 |
[01:43] | it seems I end up looking ridiculous. | 结局都会变得很离奇 |
[01:46] | Still… | 不过 |
[01:48] | she did make a point of letting me know that she was single again. | 她确实告诉我她单身了 |
[01:52] | Perhaps she’s hinting | 没准就是在暗示 |
[01:53] | for another ride on the Frasier-go-round. | 她想再坐一回Frasier这匹旋转木马 |
[01:58] | Now, if we could just figure out why you always look ridiculous. | 现在就能解释为什么你老那么荒谬了 |
[02:05] | Please, you’re my last chance. | 求你了 就靠你了 |
[02:07] | Couldn’t you…? All right, no, it’s okay, I understand. | 你不能 好吧 没事 我理解 |
[02:09] | I understand. Don’t worry about it. Bye. | 我理解 别担心 再见 |
[02:11] | Problem? | 有困扰 |
[02:12] | Yeah, it’s my bachelor party. My best man can’t arrange it. | 是我的单身派对 伴郎来不了了 |
[02:14] | I’m having a hell of a time trying to find somebody to fill in. | 我到处找人顶替啊 |
[02:17] | Well, Donny, if you’re looking for someone | Donny 如果你在寻找能打造 |
[02:19] | to throw you an appropriate shindig, | 狂欢之夜的人选 |
[02:21] | I’d be willing to volunteer. | 我可以毛遂自荐 |
[02:23] | Oh, no, no, no, no, no. | 不不不了 |
[02:25] | Thank you, no. It’s okay. | 谢谢你 不用 没事 |
[02:27] | I just don’t want to impose. | 我不想给你添麻烦 |
[02:28] | It’s no trouble at all, really. | 不麻烦 真的 |
[02:29] | No, no, no, no. No. | 不不不 不用 |
[02:31] | It’s fine, uh, really. Thanks for the offer, though, Frasier. | 不用了 真的 谢谢你的好意 Frasier |
[02:33] | I don’t think we’re talking about the same kind of party. | 咱俩对派对的概念不大一样 |
[02:36] | Donny, if you’re letting my reputation as an aesthete cloud your judgment, | Donny 如果你被我的好审美扰乱了判断 |
[02:40] | I assure you I am just one of the guys… | 我敢保证我是你要的 |
[02:43] | capable of getting down and dirty with the best of them. | 可以又跪舔又狂野的最佳人选 |
[02:47] | Your jacket, Dr. Crane. | 您的衣服 Crane医生 |
[02:48] | Oh, dear God! | 我的亲娘啊 |
[02:49] | You never fold cashmere! You’ll misdirect the nap. Get out! | 羊毛可不能折 会弄乱纹路的 行了你 |
[02:55] | Donny, give it some thought, hmm? | Donny 考虑一下吧 |
[03:02] | Morning, Roz. Hey, Frasier. | 早上好 Roz 啊 Frasier |
[03:03] | Help me decide something. | 快来帮我想想 |
[03:05] | All right. | 你说 |
[03:07] | I’m thinking about getting my eyes done. It’s a little expensive, but… | 我打算整下眼睛 是有点贵啦 但是 |
[03:10] | Now, now, Roz, cosmetic surgery is a drastic step. | 得了 得了 Roz 整形手术可是个大决定 |
[03:13] | If you’re worried about those bags under your eyes, | 你要是担心那两只大眼袋 |
[03:14] | why don’t you try just a different concealer. | 为什么不换一种遮瑕膏呢 |
[03:16] | Perhaps a good night’s sleep once in a while. | 比如偶尔睡个美容觉 |
[03:19] | I meant the laser procedure so I could see without my contacts. | 我在说激光手术 这样就不用戴隐形眼镜了 |
[03:25] | Uh, my usual, please. | 老样子 谢谢 |
[03:27] | I just saw the most incredible thing. | 我刚才目睹了奇迹 |
[03:29] | You will not believe it. | 你们不会相信我看到的 |
[03:30] | – What is it? – You have to see it for yourself. | – 什么 – 你们自己看吧 |
[03:31] | Mere words cannot… | 只能意会不能言传 |
[03:33] | Ooh, new jacket? | 新外套 |
[03:34] | Yes, just came today. | 是啊 今天才到的 |
[03:34] | That’s nice stitching. | 好精致的缝制 |
[03:35] | – Thank you. Christophe. – No, really? | – 谢谢 克里斯托夫牌的 – 天哪 真的 |
[03:37] | Is something wrong with the nap? | 纹路好像不大对啊 |
[03:38] | Oh, my God, is it that obvious? | 天哪 看着很明显么 |
[03:39] | Would you knock it off? What is so amazing? | 你俩有完没完 到底什么那么神奇 |
[03:41] | All right, come here, come here, look. | 过来 看 |
[03:45] | Come here. All right. | 过来看 好 |
[03:46] | You see that rotund woman coming out of Choc Full of Donuts? | 看到那个从甜甜圈店出来的胖女人没 |
[03:50] | Yeah. | 看见了 |
[03:50] | Watch. Before she gets to her car, she will finish that bear claw, | 仔细看 她在上车之前就能吃完一个熊爪糕 |
[03:53] | and then go back in. | 然后再回店里买一个 |
[03:55] | This is her third time. | 已经三次了 |
[03:58] | That’s what you brought us over here for? | 你把我们带这来就是看这个 |
[03:59] | To gawk as some poor woman’s struggle with junk food? | 盯着个女人和垃圾食品斗争 |
[04:03] | Big deal, so she’s overweight. You don’t need to point it out. | 大惊小怪 她是肥 还用得着你说 |
[04:06] | – It’s rude. – It’s childish. | – 太没礼貌了 – 幼稚 |
[04:08] | It’s Maris. | 那是Maris |
[04:14] | No way. | 不可能 |
[04:15] | Dear God, are you sure? | 你看清楚了 |
[04:17] | I’m positive. | 绝对的 |
[04:18] | It’s hard to believe that’s the same frail woman | 真是难以置信这就是那个孱弱的 |
[04:20] | who once sprained her wrist from having too much dip on a cracker. | 因为沾多了酱汁而扭伤手腕的女子哇 |
[04:24] | Maris was always chubby as a child. | Maris小时候就婴儿肥 |
[04:26] | Her whole life she’s been obsessed with keeping weight off. | 她一生都在为减肥而奋斗 |
[04:29] | Something must’ve snapped. | 肯定是受什么刺激了 |
[04:30] | Literally. When she saw me, she swallowed | 说真的 她看见我时 咽了一口吃的 |
[04:32] | and her necklace exploded from the pressure. | 把项链都给撑爆了 |
[04:37] | Look, look, there she goes… back for more. | 看 快看 她又回去买了 |
[04:41] | You know, when I last saw her at Christmas, she was her usual tiny self. | 我上次圣诞看见她 她还像以前那么娇小 |
[04:46] | Wait, Niles, | 等下 Niles |
[04:47] | wasn’t that about the time you started dating her plastic surgeon? | 那不正是你跟她的整容师约会的时候么 |
[04:52] | Actually, it was. | 还真的 |
[04:53] | – You think that could have triggered some sort of binge? – Well… | – 你觉得那引发了她的暴饮暴食 – 有可能啊 |
[04:55] | Well, this isn’t going to help. | 那这个就更糟了 |
[04:57] | Mel and I are in the society page today. | 我跟Mel今天登上了社会新闻页 |
[04:59] | It’s our picture at the symphony benefit. | 是我俩在慈善交响乐上的照片 |
[05:01] | I shudder to think how Maris will react to that. | 想想Maris看到这个的反应我都肝儿颤 |
[05:03] | You know how petty and jealous she can get. | 你知道她有多小肚鸡肠的 |
[05:05] | They never take a photo of me, and I’m in the Conductor’s Circle. | 我坐在演奏席位置的 可他们从来不拍我 |
[05:10] | Well, she moved next door to the Italian deli. | 她进了旁边的意大利餐厅 |
[05:13] | The guy just took the two-foot salami out of the window. | 有个男的刚托了一条2英尺长的香肠出来 |
[05:17] | I can’t face her now. | 我无法面对她 |
[05:18] | That salami string should keep her busy until I can get to my car. | 那条大香肠够她忙一阵子了 我得趁机回车里 |
[05:21] | Niles Niles… | |
[05:22] | Hey, is that Niles in the paper? | 报纸上那个是Niles么 |
[05:24] | Yes. He just happened to have a copy with him. | 对 他碰巧随身带了一份报纸 |
[05:26] | As if anyone cares about such trivial matters. | 好像谁都在意这点小事儿似的 |
[05:28] | Oh, yeah, right. This is eating you up. | 当然 你一定烧心死了 |
[05:30] | You live for this hoity-toity crap. | 就靠着这些名利场的小把戏活着 |
[05:33] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[05:33] | I certainly do not. Why does everyone think that? | 我可没有 为什么你们都这么误会我 |
[05:36] | You know, just this morning Donny said I was too fussy | 今天早上Donny还说我太挑 |
[05:39] | to throw him a bachelor party. | 不放心把单身派对的事儿给我办 |
[05:40] | Well, you do give off kind of a fussy vibe. | 你确实散发着一种挑三拣四的气质 |
[05:42] | You know, there are other sides to my personality. | 我性格也有其他方面啊 |
[05:44] | I remember back in my Boston days, | 我还记得我在波士顿的时候 |
[05:46] | I had a regular bar and a regular barstool. | 我的吧台和座椅都非常朴素 |
[05:48] | I even had a tab. | 我甚至还有个桌板呢 |
[05:50] | Well, if you go back, you should try having a beer. | 要是你回去 你该试试喝啤酒了 |
[05:54] | Oh, gosh, you know, maybe… | 天哪 你知道 或许 |
[05:56] | maybe I have become stuffier. | 我是变得没趣儿了 |
[05:58] | The highlight of my week was the arrival of my hand-tailored coat. | 这周能让我开心的也就是这件刚到的手工外套了 |
[06:02] | Maybe it’s time I loosened up a bit. | 是时候放松一下了 |
[06:04] | Tried to tone down the whole fuddy-duddy image. | 变通一下我老古板的形象了 |
[06:10] | Hello, Donny? It’s Frasier. | 你好 Donny 我Frasier |
[06:12] | Listen, I would really like to throw that bachelor party for you. | 说真的 我打算好好给你办个单身派对 |
[06:15] | No, no, I assure you I know what goes on at one. | 不 我知道你的需求 |
[06:18] | Yes, I’m quite, quite qualified. | 对 我绝对能胜任 |
[06:20] | No, really, I promise you a night of such unrepentant debauchery | 我保证给你一个纸醉金迷销魂夜 |
[06:24] | that the mere memory will delight you in your old age. | 令你迟暮之年也回味无穷啊 |
[06:28] | That is, if you should survive the night. | 当然了 如果你挺得过这一晚 |
[06:32] | Think I’m overselling it a bit? | 觉得我夸大其词了 |
[06:33] | – Maybe a tad. – Yeah, all right. | – 有点 – 好吧 |
[06:36] | That’s great. Oh, great, great. Thanks, Donny. | 太好了 好的 谢了 Donny |
[06:38] | I’ll tell you what I’m going to do, i’m going to go out and find you a stripper. | 我这就去物色个脱衣舞娘 |
[06:42] | Maybe even more than one. | 可能不止一个哦 |
[06:44] | You bet. | 你懂得 |
[06:48] | Strippers, huh? | 脱衣舞娘 |
[06:49] | You betcha. | 没错 |
[06:50] | A couple of real red-hot mamas. | 来几个货真价实的美妞儿去 |
[06:54] | You don’t even know where to find one, do you? | 你都不知道去哪找对吧 |
[06:56] | Not a clue. | 完全不知道 |
[07:21] | Damn. | 妈的 |
[07:23] | Damn. | 妈的 |
[07:24] | Damn! | 靠 |
[07:25] | Damn. | 我靠 |
[07:28] | Open, damn you! | 开开啊 该死的 |
[07:31] | Frasier Frasier? | |
[07:34] | Regan Regan. | |
[07:35] | Well, this is certainly my lucky day running into you twice. | 我今天真是撞大运了 一天碰见你两次 |
[07:39] | Gosh, I guess this must look a little strange. | 天啊 这看起来有点奇怪 |
[07:43] | Really, it’s none of my business. | 其实也不关我什么事 |
[07:45] | No, no, actually, it’s quite an amusing story. | 不是 说起这件事啊还挺有意思 |
[07:46] | I was just getting a Seattle Timeshere | 我在买<西雅图日报> |
[07:49] | and I got my coat stuck in the machine. | 外套就到夹里面了 |
[07:52] | That’s not the Seattle Times. | 这不是<西雅图日报> |
[07:56] | Dear God, they should label these things more clearly. | 天哪 他们应该把标识弄得清楚一些 |
[07:59] | This is some sort of a smut rag. | 居然是情色刊 |
[08:02] | – It was nice seeing you. – Regan… | – 很高兴见到你 – Regan |
[08:05] | Regan Regan… | |
[08:11] | Well, if you get any in, could you please call me? | 如果你收到留言 请回电给我 |
[08:13] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[08:15] | Gosh, I’m off to one hell of a start with this bachelor party. | 搞个单身派对竟然出师不利 |
[08:18] | First, the debacle with Regan, | 先是在Regan面前颜面扫地 |
[08:20] | now Syd’s Novelty Shop is completely out of naughty coasters. | 现在 西德淘气店铺的淘气装备也售光光了 |
[08:24] | Oh, will you stop moping. It’ll all work ass. | 别不开心嘛 一切都会臀臀的 |
[08:29] | What? | 什么 |
[08:31] | For God’s sake, give me that! | 天哪 给我 |
[08:34] | What the hell are you doing? | 你干嘛 |
[08:35] | Honey, if your head hurts, we don’t have to go. | 亲爱的 如果你头疼 我们还是不去了 |
[08:38] | No, no. I’ll be fine. | 不 我没事 |
[08:39] | All right. | 好吧 |
[08:39] | Dr. Crane, I just want to tell you how happy I am | Crane医生 谢谢你为Donny |
[08:43] | you’re throwing Donny’s bachelor party. | 举办单身派对 我太开心了 |
[08:44] | Oh, well, there, | 没事 |
[08:45] | you see? At least someone thinks i’m capable of throwing a proper… | 看见没 至少有人相信我能办好 |
[08:47] | A nice, low-key party just like my honey-bunny insisted. | 愉快而又低调的派对 就像我家小宝贝儿说的那种 |
[08:52] | Honestly, why men have to celebrate getting married | 可不是 为什么男人结婚前 |
[08:54] | by having bouncing bosoms | 要搞些大胸妹 |
[08:56] | shoved in their faces… | 在眼前晃来晃去呢 |
[08:57] | Yeah. Just… | 是啊 |
[09:01] | If I know Dr. Crane, your party will be over by 9:30. | 根据我对Crane医生的了解 派对9点半就结束了吧 |
[09:04] | Oh, we could all go out for dinner afterwards. | 完了之后我们出去吃点东西吧 |
[09:06] | Oh, yeah, that’d be swell, honey. | 听起来不错呢 宝贝儿 |
[09:11] | Gosh, you know, if Daphne is so down on this whole bachelor party idea, | 天哪 如果Daphne对派对是这样计划的 |
[09:14] | maybe I should throw a more sedate one. | 或许我应该来个清汤寡水的 |
[09:16] | I don’t want to get Donny in trouble. | 我可不想Donny捅娄子 |
[09:17] | Listen, your job is to give him the party he wants. | 听着 你只要办好他想要的派对 |
[09:20] | Everything else is between them. | 其余的他们自己解决 |
[09:22] | It’s absolutely none of your boobs. | 这可跟你咪有关系 |
[09:31] | Give me that! | 拿来吧 |
[09:34] | Stop that. | 别看了 |
[09:42] | Frasier Crane Frasier Crane? | |
[09:44] | Yes? | 我是 |
[09:46] | I’m looking into a report of vandalism… | 我在调查一宗毁坏公物案 |
[09:50] | of a newspaper vending machine on Euclid Avenue. | 有人说你在欧基里德大街毁坏了自动售货机 |
[09:54] | Does that sound familiar? | 听着耳熟吧 |
[09:54] | Well, I-I may have been in the area earlier today, but, um… | 好吧 我之前可能是在那儿 但是 |
[09:59] | Somebody on the scene recognized you as the perpetrator. | 有目击证人称你就是那个人 |
[10:02] | Are you aware of the penalty for vandalism? | 你知道毁坏公物的惩罚吧 |
[10:04] | Well, I… I may have dented the machine a little, but… | 我可能是划脏了几道 但是 |
[10:08] | Frasier Crane, you have the right to remain… | Frasier Crane 你有权保持 |
[10:12] | aroused. | 兴奋噢 |
[10:14] | Anything you see, can and will be rubbed against you. | 你看到的任何东西 都可以为你处置 |
[10:23] | She’s a stripper! | 她是个脱衣舞娘 |
[10:24] | I get it, Dad! | 我看出来了 老爸 |
[10:27] | Thank you. Thank you, Officer. | 谢谢 谢了 警官 |
[10:29] | I-I knew that Daphne was going to be gone most of the afternoon, | Daphne一下午都不在 |
[10:33] | so I figured I’d help you out. | 所以帮你参谋了一个 |
[10:34] | Boy, you hire her for Donny’s party, | 你把这妞搞来 庆祝Donny的派对 |
[10:36] | he’ll put you in his will. | 他会把你放进遗嘱里的 |
[10:40] | So… do I get the job? | 那么 我得到这份工作了吗 |
[10:42] | Well, you… you certainly seem qualified… overqualified. | 看起来可以了 太符合条件了 |
[10:46] | What’s going on? | 怎么回事 |
[10:47] | Daphne Oh, Daphne! | |
[10:48] | Oh, hello, I-I… this is, uh… | 你好 我 她 |
[10:52] | Officer Nasty, uh… | 这位是流警官 |
[10:56] | She’s, uh, leaving the police force, | 她吧 刚告别警队 |
[10:59] | and, uh, I’m thinking of hiring her as the housekeeper. | 我呢 我考虑雇她做个家庭卫生 |
[11:02] | You see, once you marry Donny, | 这不是 你和Donny结婚 |
[11:04] | you’ll still be Dad’s physical therapist | 又要为老爸理疗伤神 |
[11:05] | of course, but we’ll need someone around here to do the chores, won’t we? | 我就想找个人忙忙家务 是吧 |
[11:09] | Weren’t you supposed to be out with Donny today? | 你不是要跟Donny出去么今天 |
[11:10] | Yeah, I was, but I’ve got a splitting headache. | 本来是 但我头疼得厉害 |
[11:14] | So, how long have you been on the force? | 您在警队多久了 |
[11:16] | Uh, you know, uh, i was just about to-to | 我正要带警官 |
[11:17] | show the officer around the house and, | 参观参观 |
[11:19] | uh, discuss terms. | 聊聊雇用合约呢 |
[11:22] | All right, it was nice meeting you, Officer Nasty. | 很高兴认识你 流警官 |
[11:25] | Yes. | 我也是 |
[11:30] | Don’t tell me to calm down! | 别说什么别上火 |
[11:32] | It’s a complete disaster. She’ll ruin me! | 现在彻底完了 她就是想毁了我 |
[11:34] | What’s going on? | 出了什么事 |
[11:35] | Oh, it’s Maris. She saw the picture of us today, | 是Maris 她看了我俩的合影 |
[11:37] | and she’s determined to take it out on Mel. | 决心要报复Mel |
[11:39] | Yes. She’s telling everyone that I caused her weight gain | 没错 她跟所有人说是我把她弄胖的 |
[11:43] | by nicking her thyroid during a neck tuck. | 我在理疗她脖子的时候割伤了她的甲状腺 |
[11:47] | I’ve already had three cancellations. | 已经有三个客户取消预约了 |
[11:49] | She never thinks about anybody but herself. | 她真是太自私了 |
[11:51] | Daphne, get me a cup of tea. | Daphne 给我来杯茶 |
[11:55] | Actually, I have a bit of a headache. | 其实我头疼不太舒服 |
[11:56] | Oh, you could be coming down with something. Wash your hands first. | 那你肯定是生病了 记得先洗手 |
[12:04] | Darling, you have got to calm down. Your shoulders are so tense. | 亲爱的 没什么大不了 你肩膀都僵硬了 |
[12:07] | Oh, you know, Daphne gives a wonderful massage. | Daphne按摩的可好了 |
[12:08] | That might be just the thing for you. | 刚好可以缓解下你的压力 |
[12:10] | Actually, I was planning on taking a nap. | 我要去睡一小会儿 |
[12:12] | Oh, good, so you’re not busy. | 太好了 那你现在正好没事 |
[12:15] | Shall we do it in your room? | 那我们去你屋里 |
[12:16] | Look, you two run along. I’ll take care of the tea. | 你们去忙吧 我泡茶去 |
[12:18] | I really appreciate this, Daphne. | 太谢谢你了 Daphne |
[12:20] | You’re welcome, Dr. Crane. | 甭客气 Crane医生 |
[12:22] | Hey, Niles. | 你好 Niles |
[12:23] | What? | 什么 |
[12:23] | Guess what your brother’s doing. | 你猜你哥哥在忙啥呢 |
[12:27] | Pressing his new blazer? | 熨他那件新外套 |
[12:29] | Yeah. Against a stripper. | 也对 铺在脱衣舞娘身上弄呢 |
[12:33] | What? | 你说啥 |
[12:34] | Yes! | 没错 |
[12:35] | He’s interviewing her in his room for Donny’s bachelor party, | 他在为Donny的单身派对面试脱衣舞娘呢 |
[12:38] | but don’t tell Daphne. | 可别跟Daphne说 |
[12:39] | And how exactly do you interview a stripper? | 怎么看脱衣舞娘是否合格呢 |
[12:41] | I don’t know, but I bet there’s a real show going on in there. | 我哪知道 但我猜里面一定大有看头 |
[12:45] | If you keep the gun in its holster until the very end, you see, | 如果把枪放在皮套里 直到最后再拔出来 |
[12:48] | that way your act has, you know, more, uh… impact, shall we say. | 这样就会 怎么说呢 更有感染力 |
[12:53] | Bang! Bang! Bang! Bang! | 砰 砰 砰 砰 |
[12:56] | Men seem to like my act the way it is. | 男的还挺吃我这套的 |
[12:58] | Oh, well, I certainly can’t tell you about attracting men, | 对于如何吸引男人我当然没什么发言权 |
[13:00] | but I do know a thing or two about showmanship. | 只是对舞台效果略知一二 |
[13:04] | Tell me, uh, what sort of encore do you have? | 来说说 你返场表演什么 |
[13:07] | I don’t have an encore. | 我没有过返场表演 |
[13:08] | Trust me. | 放心吧 |
[13:09] | With this act, we’re going to need one. | 一旦你有了这两下子 你就要有准备了 |
[13:10] | Um, I have an idea. | 我有主意了 |
[13:14] | Well, Mel’s all set up with Daphne. | Mel和Daphne那没事了 |
[13:16] | Oh, well, maybe we ought to tell Frasier | 那我赶快告诉Frasier |
[13:18] | this is a good time to get that stripper out of here. | 让那个脱衣舞娘趁机快走 |
[13:21] | Dad? | 老爸 |
[13:22] | Oh, Fras, okay, coast is clear. Everything’s fine. | Fras 警报接触 出来吧 |
[13:26] | Not exactly. | 不是那么回事 |
[13:33] | How did that happen? | 怎么搞的 |
[13:35] | Lord of the Dance here decided I needed an encore. | 舞池大王说我要准备个返场节目 |
[13:42] | Well, I assumed you had the key. | 我以为你有钥匙 |
[13:43] | I never use them! | 我又用不到 |
[13:44] | Oh… all right, we’ll just have to cut them off. | 成了 只能砍断了 |
[13:47] | All right, well, come on in here. | 来吧 来这边 |
[13:48] | I’m Niles. | 我叫Niles |
[13:52] | Now, you might come to a point | 当你开始想 |
[13:55] | where it feels like you can’t take it anymore. | 是什么让你再无法承受 |
[13:57] | I call that “Phase one.” | 这就是第一阶段 |
[14:02] | Are you sure you know what you’re doing? | 你确定这个法子有效 |
[14:04] | I know exactly what I’m doing. | 绝对没有问题 |
[14:11] | Just relax. | 放松 |
[14:12] | Oh, this is all Maris’ fault. | 都是因为Maris |
[14:15] | You know, she actually called me and said she’d… | 她其实打过电话给我说 |
[14:18] | lay off if I’d stop seeing him. | 如果我不再见他 她就收手 |
[14:21] | What’d you say? | 你怎么说的 |
[14:22] | Well, I hung up on her. | 我把电话挂了 |
[14:24] | How insane is this woman? | 这女的疯了吧 |
[14:25] | She thinks I’d give up Niles to protect my practice? | 她以为我会因为保护住事业放弃Niles |
[14:29] | I’m crazy about him. | 他让我如痴如醉 |
[14:30] | The way he laughs, | 他笑起来的样子 |
[14:32] | the way he gets that little glint in his eye | 当他侃侃而谈时 |
[14:34] | when he’s about to say something clever… | 双眼里迸发的光芒 |
[14:37] | But you know what I love the most? | 但你猜我最喜欢他哪点 |
[14:39] | It’s like there are all these things | 只要有一个他足够信任的人 |
[14:41] | that he could be if he could just trust someone enough | 他就能变成那样的人 |
[14:44] | to help him unlock it all, and… | 突破心之所想 |
[14:47] | if I could be that person– | 我想成为那个人 |
[14:49] | you know, that safe person in his life– | 他生命中最信任的人 |
[14:52] | well, the more I know him the more I know that’s all I want to be. | 我越了解他 越想成为他的那个人 |
[14:58] | Daphne Daphne? | |
[15:06] | This isn’t working, Dad. | 这个不管用啊 老爸 |
[15:08] | There’s only one thing left to do. | 只剩最后一个办法了 |
[15:09] | Well, I got to warn you. | 我得把话撩这 |
[15:10] | I’m not as good a shot as I used to be, | 我的枪法可大不如从前了 |
[15:13] | but you’ll have to go out on the balcony. | 你们得过去到阳台那 |
[15:14] | I need a cup of coffee to steady my nerves! | 我要喝杯咖啡冷静一下 |
[15:15] | Dad! | 老爸 |
[15:18] | I meant, go to a locksmith. | 我是说 去找个锁匠来 |
[15:20] | Oh, thank God. All right, let’s go. Come on. | 苍天有眼 好 我们走 |
[15:23] | Oh, wait, hold on. I have to put something on. | 等等 我得穿点衣服 |
[15:27] | Wait, wait, I’ll get it. I’ll get it. | 等着 我去 我去开门 |
[15:31] | It’s Maris! | 是Maris |
[15:33] | At least… I think it is. | 好像是 |
[15:34] | You need a bigger peephole. | 需要个大点的猫眼才能确认 |
[15:38] | What on earth is she doing here? | 她到这来干嘛 |
[15:39] | I have no idea, but we can’t let her anywhere near Mel, | 不知道啊 但决不能让她接近Mel |
[15:42] | especially now that Maris has the weight advantage. | 尤其是Maris现在还有体重上的优势 |
[15:46] | What are we going to do? | 我们怎么办 |
[15:47] | Take her into Frasier’s room. | 带她去Frasier房间 |
[15:48] | Wait, wait! I can’t been seen like this. | 等下 我不能这样见人啊 |
[15:50] | She’ll blab it all over town. | 她会弄得满城风雨的 |
[15:51] | Get in the bathroom! Right. | 进洗手间去 快着 |
[15:52] | I’ll call you when she leaves. | 她一走我就告诉你 |
[15:54] | Thank you, Niles. | 谢了 Niles |
[16:04] | You know, seeing as how we have a-a minute or two here, | 既然我们有这么几分钟的独处时间 |
[16:06] | I may as well take this opportunity to end the suspense. | 我最好趁机解开悬念 |
[16:10] | You’ve got the job. | 你被录用啦 |
[16:14] | I’ve got a little news for you, too. | 我也有个事跟你说 |
[16:16] | I’ve been on the clock since you slapped the cuffs on me. | 一铐上手铐 我就开始计费了 |
[16:20] | Fair enough. | 有道理 |
[16:22] | Ooh. It’s freezing in here. | 这里面挺冷啊 |
[16:25] | Oh, uh, yes, here, let me… | 来 |
[16:27] | I seem to remember doing this | 我上次这么干 |
[16:30] | back in my college days at a fraternity hazing. | 还是个受欺负的大学新生 |
[16:34] | Here you are. | 来穿上 |
[16:36] | Oh… here you go. | 好了 |
[16:37] | Yeah. | 好的 |
[16:40] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[16:43] | It’s hand-stitched. | 这是手工缝制的 |
[16:46] | Frasier, come on out. | Frasier 出来吧 |
[16:48] | All right, we’re out of here. | 好了 我们走 |
[16:50] | My God! Have you seen Maris?! | 天哪 你看见Maris了么 |
[16:52] | Yes, Dad, I know. | 老爸 我懂 |
[16:53] | Did Niles calm her down? | Niles安抚下她了吧 |
[16:54] | Yeah, he took her to your room | 他带她去你房间了 |
[16:55] | but he had to butter her up a little. | 估计得抚慰一会儿呢 |
[16:56] | I was afraid that narrow doorway might pose a problem. | 我就是担心门廊可能太窄了 |
[17:01] | Frasier Frasier! | |
[17:03] | Regan. Hello. | Regan 你好 |
[17:05] | Uh, listen, uh, i’m sorry about this afternoon, um… | 我想说 今天下午真是太抱歉了 |
[17:09] | Oh, forget about that. It was no big deal. | 别挂在心上 没什么大不了 |
[17:12] | By the way, uh, | 对了 |
[17:13] | I was wondering if you’d be available to… | 不知道你有空去 |
[17:15] | Oh, Lord. Oh! | 天啊 |
[17:25] | Gosh… no need to be embarrassed about that, you know? | 哎呦 不用觉得有什么尴尬的 |
[17:28] | I do that sort of thing all the time. | 我也经常掉东西 |
[17:31] | Say, uh… you were saying? | 你刚才说什么来着 |
[17:34] | Yeah, just, uh… | 就是 |
[17:36] | let me get all this cleaned up first. | 让我先把这些收拾好的 |
[17:38] | Yes, uh… | 好的 |
[17:47] | There you go. | 给你 |
[17:50] | You know, I-I’d gladly have helped you, it’s just that I’ve-I’ve hurt my back. | 我想帮你捡的 但我腰伤了 |
[17:53] | You see, oh… oh, gosh, oh! | 天哪 天哪 |
[17:55] | Oh, it’s seizing up again. | 又开始疼了 |
[17:56] | You know, maybe it would be best if I just… | 我还是老老实实 |
[17:59] | went back inside and crawled into bed. | 进屋卧床休息吧 |
[18:02] | Good night. | 晚安了 |
[18:06] | It’s going to be a moment. | 再等一会吧 |
[18:07] | I figured. | 明白 |
[18:08] | I’m just going to make us some tea. | 我来倒点茶吧 |
[18:10] | Back inside! | 快进去 |
[18:12] | Frasier Frasier! | |
[18:15] | you’re a lucky man having this woman on your staff. | 你能雇到她真是三生有幸 |
[18:18] | Thank you again, Daphne. | 谢谢你 Daphne |
[18:20] | You’re welcome. | 客气什么 |
[18:23] | Niles, where are you going with all that food? | Niles 你拿这么多吃的去哪 |
[18:24] | Um, Dad is not feeling well so I thought I’d bring him some comfort food. | 我爸有点不舒服 我给他送点零食 |
[18:29] | And, uh, by the way, if anyone is going out, | 如果有人要出去 |
[18:31] | Dad specifically requested something called a chalupa. | 老爸点名要吃鸡肉饼 |
[18:41] | Uh, Daphne, would you mind getting that? | Daphne 你能开下门么 |
[18:44] | You’re not serious? | 你说真的 |
[18:46] | You are on the staff after all. | 你现在是在工作时间 |
[18:53] | Hi, Daphne. | 你好 Daphne |
[18:54] | Hey, Regan. Come on in. | 你好 Regan 快进来 |
[18:57] | Oh, Frasier. I-I was concerned about your back. | Frasier 我在担心你的腰伤 |
[19:01] | You hurt your back? | 你后背受伤了 |
[19:01] | Uh, no, no. Just a-a-a spasm. | 没事 没事 就是阵痛 |
[19:04] | See, leaning against the wall like this, it actually feels a lot better. | 这样靠着墙站感觉好多了 |
[19:07] | Is it upper back or lower? | 上面还是下面疼 |
[19:08] | Uh, middle, actually. | 实际上是中间 |
[19:10] | If you could all just leave me alone. Really, I’m fine right here. | 你们不用管我了 真的 我这样挺好的 |
[19:12] | Why don’t we just get you onto the couch. | 你到沙发那去休息吧 |
[19:14] | No, no, no, please, please. I-I know what I’m doing. | 不 不用 没事 我自己就行 |
[19:16] | We’ll each take a side. | 我们搀你过去 |
[19:17] | No, stop! | 别碰我 |
[19:18] | No, Frasier, it could be a thoracic strain. | 别任性 Frasier 弄不好是胸段背脊 |
[19:20] | Or a bulging disc. | 或者腰间盘突出 |
[19:21] | Yes, impinging on your lumbar nerve. | 对 刺痛了你的腰椎神经 |
[19:23] | Yes, it could easily be any one of those things, | 是有可能 |
[19:26] | but did you also consider that it might be… | 但你们有没有想过也可能是因为 |
[19:28] | the stripper chained to my wrist? | 有个脱衣舞娘铐在我腕子上了 |
[19:35] | Officer Nasty! | 流警官啊 |
[19:41] | Everyone, this is Dinah. | 各位 这位是Dinah |
[19:44] | You see, this all happened because I was trying to prove | 这都是因为我想证明 |
[19:47] | that I’m a-a normal guy | 我是个正常的男人 |
[19:49] | capable of doing normal guy things | 能做正常男人做的事情 |
[19:51] | like throw a bachelor party. | 比如说 办场单身派对 |
[19:53] | And Daphne, Donny didn’t know anything about it, | Daphne Donny不知道这事 |
[19:54] | so I wish you’d just lighten up. | 所以你不用拉着个脸 |
[19:58] | Regan, I-I can’t even imagine where this must put us. | Regan 我都不知道我俩该怎么办 |
[20:02] | I guess it’s time I just accept the fact | 我想该承认 |
[20:03] | that things will never work out between us. | 咱俩永远也没戏了 |
[20:05] | You’re certainly not to blame. | 不是你的问题 |
[20:07] | After today I… | 今天之后 |
[20:09] | I can’t see that any woman would even want to go out with me. | 我想再也没有女人愿意跟我约会了 |
[20:12] | I think… I would. | 我想 我愿意 |
[20:26] | Hey, Fras. | 你好 Fras |
[20:28] | Oh, hi, Dad. | 好啊 老爸 |
[20:30] | How was your date? | 约会怎么样 |
[20:33] | Well, it was nice, uh… | 还不错 |
[20:36] | we had a beer… | 我们喝了啤酒 |
[20:38] | Talked a bit… | 聊了聊 |
[20:40] | She has a hell of a body, doesn’t she? | 她身材可真不错呢 是不是 |
[20:45] | Dad, that is not what this evening was about. | 爸 今晚跟身材没关系 |
[20:47] | This evening was about, uh, taking a chance… | 而是我有机会 |
[20:51] | getting to know a different sort of woman. | 了解一个不同于以往认识的女人 |
[20:54] | Turns out she’s really quite interesting. | 我发现她是个有意思的人 |
[20:56] | Dinah– she’s working her way through grad school. | Dinah 一路勤工俭学大学毕业 |
[20:58] | She lives with her mother. | 她和母亲住在一起 |
[21:00] | She’s extremely well-read. | 她读书颇多 |
[21:01] | She even speaks a couple of languages. | 甚至还会几门外语 |
[21:02] | Mmm. It really makes you wonder, doesn’t it? | 这真让你好奇对不对 |
[21:05] | Yes, it does, doesn’t it? | 确实啊 |
[21:07] | Makes you wonder about how eager we are to judge a book by its cover. | 让我自省为什么我们总是以貌取人 |
[21:10] | How willing we are to stereotype each other. | 又有多轻易地给别人贴上标签 |
[21:12] | No, I mean it really makes you wonder what that mother looks like. | 不 我是说你会好奇她母亲长啥样 |