时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:08] | What do you see here? | 你看到了什么 |
[00:09] | It’s two bunnies clawing each other to death over a lima bean. | 两只小兔子为了颗豆子互相厮杀 |
[00:16] | Forgive me, Dr. McCaskill, but this game seems rather silly. | 抱歉 McCaskill医生 只是这个游戏有点傻 |
[00:19] | I understand how you might feel that way, but it’s helpful to me. | 我理解你的心情 但这对我的工作很有帮助 |
[00:23] | Now, last one. | 好了 最后一个 |
[00:25] | It’s a woman. | 这是个女人 |
[00:26] | Okay, then. | 好的 |
[00:30] | She’s skinning a pigeon with a hatchet. | 她用短柄斧给这只鸽子扒了皮 |
[00:37] | Are we done now? | 咱们完事儿了吧 |
[00:39] | I think we still have some work to do. | 我觉得还得继续 |
[00:42] | I just don’t think there’s any good reason for me to be here. | 可是我觉得没必要再继续了啊 |
[00:45] | The judge felt differently. | 法官可不这么认为 |
[00:47] | Oh, what does he know? | 哦哟 他知道什么呢 |
[00:48] | Saying I need anger management! | 说什么我需要愤怒管理 |
[00:50] | I’m not an angry person. I never have been. | 我可从不是个暴脾气的人呐 |
[00:53] | Daphne, wasn’t it anger that led you to cause that four-car accident? | Daphne 不是暴脾气 你怎么造成了四连环车祸呢 |
[00:56] | Oh, yes, but I was provoked into that. | 哦 好吧 但我是被逼的 |
[01:00] | I’m not angry anymore. | 我现在已经平静下来了 |
[01:01] | Well, there may be a level of emotion | 也许有些深层次的情绪 |
[01:04] | you’re not entirely in touch with. | 你没有意识到 |
[01:06] | Let’s talk about your life in general. | 咱们来聊聊你的生活吧 |
[01:08] | You said you had a fiance? | 听说你有个未婚夫 |
[01:10] | Yes, Donny. | 是的 Donny |
[01:12] | He’s a wonderful, generous man. | 他是个大方的好男人 |
[01:14] | In fact, he did the sweetest thing for me last week, | 就在上周 他为我做了件最贴心的事 |
[01:18] | totally out of the blue. | 完全出乎我的意料 |
[01:19] | Surprise! | 惊喜吧 |
[01:23] | Welcome to your shower, honey. | 亲爱的 欢迎来到你的告别单身派对 |
[01:27] | Oh, my God, you’re trembling. | 噢 天哪 你在发抖 |
[01:28] | Yes, well… I’m absolutely blown away. | 是啊 我 我吓懵了 |
[01:31] | Oh, come on, Daphne, you were on to us. | 别装了 Daphne 你老早就看穿我们了 |
[01:33] | No, really. You had me completely fooled. | 不 真的 你完全把我唬住了 |
[01:38] | We may have an even bigger surprise for you later on. | 我们待会儿有个更大的惊喜给你 |
[01:40] | – Oh? – Yes, but first things first. Let’s get you some champagne. | – 噢 – 是啊 不过首先 来喝杯香槟吧 |
[01:45] | I’m not usually much for surprise parties, | 我一般不看好惊喜派对 |
[01:47] | but I could see how much trouble Donny went to. | 但我看得出Donny付出了多少心血 |
[01:50] | He invited all my friends, made the food. | 他邀请了我所有的朋友 备足了好吃的 |
[01:53] | He even planned some games. | 他甚至准备了几个游戏 |
[01:55] | We played this one game where everyone’s in groups, | 我们玩了个游戏 所有人分成几组 |
[01:58] | then each group dresses one person | 每组都要用厕纸设计一款婚纱 |
[01:59] | in a bridal gown made out of toilet paper. | 再各选一个人出来做模特 |
[02:02] | Can’t remember what it’s called… | 忘记这游戏叫什么名字了 |
[02:03] | “Toilet Paper Bridal Gown”. | “厕纸婚纱” |
[02:06] | Yes, that’s it. Have you played? | 对 就是这个 你玩过吗 |
[02:08] | I’m familiar with it. | 我知道它 |
[02:11] | Then, you know, as the bride, | 那你肯定知道 作为准新娘 |
[02:12] | I had to judge which group made the best dress | 我需要判定哪个组的婚纱最好看 |
[02:15] | while another woman was in charge of… | 而另一个女人则负责 |
[02:18] | Time! Stop right now or be disqualified! | 时间到 马上停手 否则取消资格 |
[02:22] | Designers, present your brides. | 设计师们 请展示你们的新娘 |
[02:24] | Team A! | A组 |
[02:26] | Ta-da! | 塔嗒 |
[02:27] | Oh… | 噢 |
[02:29] | very nice, Donny. | 非常漂亮 Donny |
[02:31] | Team B! | B组 |
[02:33] | We’re not finished yet! | 我们还没完工呢 |
[02:35] | You shouldn’t have spent so much time with the sketches! | 你就不该在草图上花那么多时间 |
[02:38] | Team C! Where’s Team C? Team C, time! | C组 C组在哪里 C组 时间到了 |
[02:48] | You’ll notice | 你们会注意到 |
[02:49] | that I used the quilted variety for the bodice | 我在婚纱的上身和面纱边缘 |
[02:51] | and the edging on the veil. | 运用了多种缝纫手法 |
[02:54] | Well, you all look fantastic, but I think we have a winner – Team C! | 大家看上去都很赞 不过很明显是C组赢了 |
[03:02] | Oh, Donny, I’m sorry. | 噢 不好意思啊 Donny |
[03:04] | Holly, it’s not your fault. I should have been more radiant. | Holly 不是你的错 是我的状态不够好 |
[03:09] | Daphne, listen, if there happens to be another game that we play, | Daphne 要是待会儿我们还玩游戏的话 |
[03:12] | do you think you could arrange for me to be on the same team | 你能不能帮忙安排我和 |
[03:13] | as your friend Holly there? | 你朋友Holly在一个组哪 |
[03:15] | Oh, developed a little crush, have we? | 哟 你看上她啦 |
[03:16] | As a matter of fact, I have. It’s just that… | 的确如此 但是 |
[03:18] | I haven’t had much of a chance to get to speak with her at all. | 我都没什么机会跟她搭上话 |
[03:20] | Well, I’ll do what I can, but I’m not really in charge here. | 我会尽量帮你的 但今晚我其实做不了什么主 |
[03:25] | All right, people. | 注意了 大家 |
[03:26] | Next game, bridal charades! | 下一个游戏 新娘猜猜猜 |
[03:28] | – Oh! – Yeah! | – 噢 – 好啊 |
[03:31] | Roz, you know, someday you’re going to make a beautiful bride. | Roz 终有一天你会成为美丽的新娘 |
[03:34] | ‘Course, your dress won’t be made out of toilet paper. | 当然你的婚纱不会是厕纸做的 |
[03:37] | Or be white. | 也不会是白色的 |
[03:39] | Everybody. | 朋友们 |
[03:41] | Daphne… your big surprise has arrived. | Daphne 你的大惊喜已经到了 |
[03:44] | Now, this is someone that I know that you are dying to see. | 这个人 我知道你非常想见到 |
[03:48] | Your parents? | 你的父母吗 |
[03:49] | No, not till next week. | 不 你们下周才会见面 |
[03:52] | My mother? | 难道是我妈 |
[03:53] | No, someone good. | 不 比那好多了 |
[03:56] | My brother? | 我哥吗 |
[03:57] | Your favorite brother! | 你最喜欢的哥哥 |
[03:58] | Oh… | 噢 |
[03:59] | Yay! Steven! | 太好了 Steven |
[04:02] | Ste… No. | Ste 不是 |
[04:05] | Billy. | 那是Billy |
[04:06] | Um… | 呃 |
[04:07] | – Michael? – Well… | – Michael吗 – 那个 |
[04:09] | Nigel? David? | Nigel 还是David |
[04:10] | Hello. Thirsty man waiting out here! | 你好啊 外面可有个口渴的男人等着哪 |
[04:14] | Simon. | 是Simon啊 |
[04:17] | Hello. | 你好 |
[04:17] | Daphne… come here. | Daphne 过来 |
[04:20] | Ah! I got you again! | 啊哈 你又上当了 |
[04:24] | Everyone, | 朋友们 |
[04:26] | this is my brother, Simon. | 这是我哥 Simon |
[04:27] | Hi, Simon. | 嗨 Simon |
[04:28] | Ah, Stilts, aren’t you a sight? | 啊 高跷 你看着真靓 |
[04:31] | “Stilts”? | “高跷” |
[04:32] | Growing up, I was a bit tall for my age. | 我从小就比同龄人高 |
[04:34] | Giant, like she was on stilts. | 巨人哪 就跟她踩着高跷似的 |
[04:37] | They follow you, Simon. | 他们明白你的意思了 Simon |
[04:38] | Yeah, right. | 呵呵 是啊 |
[04:40] | Well, it’s nice to meet you all, | 很高兴认识你们 |
[04:41] | especially whichever one’s the bartender. | 特别是酒保 |
[04:44] | Oh, that would be me. | 噢 是我 |
[04:45] | Oh, and a pretty little bartender you are. | 哟 你真是个漂亮的小酒保 |
[04:48] | Right this way. | 这边请 |
[04:49] | After you. | 你先请 |
[04:50] | Oh. | 噢 |
[04:52] | I’d rather walk behind you, anyway. | 反正我更喜欢走在你后面 |
[04:54] | I just love your accent. It’s so sophisticated. | 我好喜欢你的口音 非常精致 |
[04:58] | Oh, right. | 哈哈 |
[05:05] | Oh, boy, I really screwed up, didn’t I? | 老天 我真是搞砸了 |
[05:07] | Now, isn’t Steven the favorite brother? | 她最喜欢的哥哥难道不是Steven吗 |
[05:10] | – Yes. – Even I knew that, and I barely listen to her. | – 是啊 – 连我都知道 她说话时我都很少注意听 |
[05:13] | I know, I know, I know. I got the names mixed up, | 我知道 我知道 我肯定是把名字搞混了 |
[05:15] | but you have mentioned Simon, too. | 但你是有提到Simon啊 |
[05:16] | Yeah, as a freeloader who just sits around the house | 是啊 他就是个吃白食的 |
[05:18] | drinking beer all day. | 整天在屋子里呆坐着喝啤酒 |
[05:19] | Well, that’s a lot of people. | 这打击面有点大呀 |
[05:20] | You’re retired. | 你是退休了 不一样 |
[05:25] | You have such a dirty mind. | 你思想好下流啊 |
[05:28] | And that would be a terrible thing to waste. | 浪费了的话真可惜呢 |
[05:32] | Uh, Simon… | 呃 Simon |
[05:34] | Yeah, right. | 怎么 |
[05:35] | This is Dr. Frasier Crane and his father, Martin. | 这是Frasier Crane医生 和他的父亲Martin |
[05:37] | Oh, yeah. Pleasure to meet you. | 噢 很高兴认识你 |
[05:39] | Simon, how are you? | Simon 你好啊 |
[05:40] | Pleasure to meet you. | 很高兴认识你 |
[05:41] | These are the people I work for. | 他们是我的老板 |
[05:43] | And you’ve met my fiance, Donny. | 你也见过我的未婚夫了 Donny |
[05:44] | Oh, thanks for flying me over, mate. | 噢 多谢你提供飞机票 兄弟 |
[05:46] | Yeah, about that… | 对了 说起来 |
[05:48] | Didn’t it seem unusual to you when he called you my favorite brother? | 你不觉得有点奇怪吗 他说你是我最喜欢的哥哥 |
[05:51] | Mm. Now that you mention it, it did strike my ear as a bit odd, | 嗯 对了 听着是有点怪怪的 |
[05:55] | you being so partial to Steven. | 因为你对Steven可偏心了 |
[05:58] | But then I thought, women change their minds all the time. | 不过回过头来想想 女人总是善变 |
[06:01] | Brothers fall in and out of favor. | 今天喜欢这个 明天喜欢那个 |
[06:03] | Maybe it’s my turn. | 也许这次轮到我了呢 |
[06:05] | And a good thing, too, | 而且这也是件好事 |
[06:07] | as it was an especially good time for me to get out of England. | 因为这一阵子我亟需离开英国 |
[06:13] | God, he talks just like a prince. | 老天 他说话就像个王子 |
[06:21] | So, uh, Simon, where are you staying? | 那个 呃 Simon 你会住哪儿呢 |
[06:23] | Thanks, mate. Uh… | 谢了 兄弟 呃 |
[06:24] | Donny here says that Frasier’s offered to put me up. | Donny说Frasier会留我住宿 |
[06:26] | Yes, well, I mean, when he told me that | 是的 那个 他跟我说 |
[06:28] | he was inviting Daphne’s favorite brother, | 他要邀请的是Daphne最喜欢的哥哥的时候 |
[06:29] | I… I didn’t hesitate. | 我毫不犹豫就答应了 |
[06:30] | ‘Course, well, the sad truth is, we don’t really have a bed for you. | 但是很不幸的是 其实我们没有床给你睡 |
[06:33] | Oh, a couch will suit me just fine. | 噢 给我个沙发就好了 |
[06:36] | Well, I mean, you wouldn’t really be comfortable there | 那个 要是睡上好几天 |
[06:38] | for more than a day or two. | 你就不会觉得舒服了 |
[06:39] | Oh, don’t worry about that. | 哎呀 不用担心 |
[06:41] | I once slept on a couch for three months | 我曾经在沙发上蜷了三个月 |
[06:43] | before I even realized it pulled out. | 才发现它可以拉开来当床 |
[06:47] | The main thing is… | 最重要的是 |
[06:49] | that I spend as much time as possible with my baby sister! | 我能跟我的小妹妹一直待在一起 |
[06:52] | – Oh! – Simon, look what you did! | – 噢 – Simon 瞧你干的好事 |
[06:54] | It was my absolute favorite dress, one I save for special occasions. | 那是我最喜欢的裙子 只在特殊场合穿 |
[06:59] | He wasn’t in the door five minutes before he ruined it. | 他进门没五分钟就把它给毁了 |
[07:02] | And yet you still felt responsible for putting him up. | 可是你还是想着让他留宿 |
[07:05] | I didn’t have much choice. | 我没办法啊 |
[07:07] | If I turned him out, i’d never hear the end of it from Mum. | 要是我撵他出去的话 我妈能把我念死 |
[07:10] | I’m hearing that your relatives are a source of some anger for you. | 看起来你的亲戚是造成你愤怒的来源之一 |
[07:13] | So? Aren’t yours? | 那又怎样 你的亲戚难道不是吗 |
[07:15] | Well, they might be if I still talked to any of them. | 如果我还跟他们来往的话 也许是的 |
[07:22] | Anyway, uh… | 不管怎样 呃 |
[07:24] | I can see how your brother’s presence was adding stress, | 我看得出你哥哥的到来让你很难做 |
[07:28] | but what I’m not sure of is | 但我还是不知道 |
[07:29] | how you got from there to causing a four-car pileup. | 为什么你会造成四车连环相撞 |
[07:33] | Well, things got much more difficult | Simons搬进来后 |
[07:35] | once Simon settled into the house. | 日子是越来越难捱了 |
[07:42] | Good evening, Dr. Crane. | 晚上好 Crane医生 |
[07:44] | I hope you had a pleasant day. | 希望您今天过得愉快 |
[07:45] | Where’s Simon? | Simon在哪儿 |
[07:50] | I think he’s out with Mr. Crane again. | 他应该又跟Crane先生出去了 |
[07:52] | They seem to have taken quite a shine to each other. | 他们好像都很喜欢对方 |
[07:54] | Simon’s introduced him to rugby. | Simon介绍他看英式橄榄球 |
[07:57] | Yes, I really must thank him for that. | 是啊 我真得好好谢谢他 |
[07:59] | After all, poor Dad, before he came, | 可怜的爸爸在他来之前 |
[08:01] | had no sport to watch between the hours of 2:00 and 6:00 a.m. | 凌晨2点到6点都没体育比赛看 |
[08:08] | Did you happen to see the kitchen this morning? | 你今早看到厨房是什么德行了吗 |
[08:10] | Yes. I guess they got some take-out. | 看到了 他们大概叫了外卖 |
[08:12] | It looked like a Kung Pao bomb went off. | 简直就像宫保鸡丁炸弹爆炸了似的 |
[08:17] | I still have Moo Shoo stuck in the tread of my driving moccasins. | 我的鹿皮鞋鞋底上现在还粘着木须肉 |
[08:23] | I’m sorry Simon’s been such an imposition, | 非常抱歉 Simon是个大麻烦 |
[08:25] | but he’s leaving soon. | 不过他马上就要走了 |
[08:27] | He’s decided to tour the West Coast until the wedding. | 他决定婚礼前先去西海岸玩一圈 |
[08:29] | Oh, Lord, that’s a relief. | 天哪 真是如释重负 |
[08:31] | Yes… | 是啊 |
[08:32] | Oh… | 噢 |
[08:34] | by the by, | 对了 |
[08:35] | I invited my friend Holly over for drinks tonight. | 我邀请了我朋友Holly今晚过来喝酒 |
[08:38] | Maybe you could join us. | 你可以跟我们一起喝啊 |
[08:39] | Might give you two an opportunity to get better acquainted. | 你们就有机会亲近亲近 |
[08:42] | Daphne, if you’re offering up your attractive friend | Daphne 如果你是想利用你那迷人的朋友 |
[08:44] | as some sort of a peace offering, well, then, I accept. | 来补偿我的话 那么 我接受 |
[08:48] | Perhaps I’d better go and make myself irresistible. | 我得去捯饬一下 让她无法抗拒 |
[08:50] | Well, you won’t have time for much. She’s on her way now. | 你没啥时间了哦 她已经在来的路上了 |
[08:52] | Well, it’s probably better that way. | 那更好了 |
[08:53] | You know, give her a fighting chance. | 给她个挣扎的机会 |
[08:58] | Mr. Crane, I thought you were out with Simon. | Crane先生 我还以为你跟Simon出去了呢 |
[09:00] | Nope, just Eddie. | 没有 就跟Eddie出去了 |
[09:01] | Then where’s Simon? | 那Simon在哪儿 |
[09:02] | Daphne Daphne! | |
[09:05] | Your brother is in my bed! | 你哥在我床上 |
[09:07] | Nude! | 全裸着 |
[09:10] | Simon Moon, get out of Dr. Crane’s room! | Simon Moon 给我从Crane医生的房间里滚出来 |
[09:13] | Oh, that poor guy probably just needed a nap. | 噢呀 那可怜的小伙应该只是想打个盹儿 |
[09:16] | It’s the jet-lag. Couple of days, and he’ll be on our time. | 有时差嘛 过几天他就能倒过来了 |
[09:19] | A couple more days, he’ll be on our sidewalk. | 再过几天 他就可以睡到人行道上了 |
[09:21] | Oh, sorry about that. I’m a bit sleepy today. | 不好意思啊 我今天有点困 |
[09:25] | I think I’m coming down with a cold. | 我大概有点感冒了 |
[09:34] | Nothing another night of drinking won’t cure, I’m sure. | 再出去喝一晚肯定就能好了 |
[09:36] | Well, let’s hope. | 让我们祈祷吧 |
[09:40] | Is that my robe you’re wearing? | 你穿的是我的睡袍吗 |
[09:41] | Yeah, yeah. You want it back? | 是啊 你要拿回去吗 |
[09:43] | No, no. | 不 不用 |
[09:44] | It’s all right. I got shorts underneath. | 没关系的 我里面穿了短裤 |
[09:46] | Oh, God. Are those my shorts? | 老天 那是我的短裤吗 |
[09:48] | Well, I didn’t think you’d mind. | 哎呀 我以为你不会介意的 |
[09:49] | I found them on the bathroom floor. | 我是在浴室地板上捡的 |
[09:57] | Look, if you need to lie down, you can use my room. | 听着 你要睡觉的话 可以到我房间来 |
[10:01] | Yeah, well, all right, yeah. | 好吧 好吧 |
[10:02] | Don’t forget to wake me for dinner, will ya? | 晚饭时可别忘了叫醒我啊 |
[10:03] | I woke you for lunch, didn’t I? | 午饭时我就叫你了 不是吗 |
[10:04] | Yeah, right. | 对哦 |
[10:08] | Oh, dear God, that’ll be Holly. | 天哪 Holly来了 |
[10:10] | Dad, please, make yourself scarce. | 爸 拜托消失吧 |
[10:15] | Ah, Holly, hello again. | 啊 Holly 又见面了 |
[10:17] | Hello, Dr. Crane. Nice to see you again. | 你好 Crane医生 很高兴又见面了 |
[10:19] | Yes, yes, uh, please, call me Frasier. Come on in. | 是啊 呃 叫我Frasier吧 请进 |
[10:21] | Hi, Holly. I’m glad you could make it. | 嗨 Holly 很高兴你能来 |
[10:23] | Me, too. My boss can be such a pain. | 我也是 我那老板麻烦起来真不是人 |
[10:25] | Oh, too bad. | 可怜哪 |
[10:27] | This one here keeps me in stitches all day long. | 我的这位今天可让我笑了一整天呐 |
[10:31] | Wocka-wocka! | 哇卡哇卡 |
[10:35] | Let me bring you girls some drinks. | 我去给你们倒点酒来吧 |
[10:36] | Oh, no, no, no, let me get them. | 噢 不 不 让我来吧 |
[10:38] | Could you keep Holly company? | 你陪陪Holly吧 |
[10:40] | All right, uh… | 好吧 呃 |
[10:41] | Well, Holly… um, please have a seat. Uh… | Holly 呃 请坐 呃 |
[10:43] | Gosh, uh… | 哎呀 呃 |
[10:45] | you know, we didn’t really get much of a chance to talk at the shower, | 告别单身派对上我们都没怎么说过话 |
[10:47] | but, uh, let me see… | 呃 让我想想 |
[10:49] | You’re in the music business, aren’t you? | 你是音乐圈里的 对吧 |
[10:51] | Yes. Right now, I’m planning a Reggae Festival on Mercer Island. | 是的 我目前正在策划默瑟岛的雷鬼音乐节 |
[10:54] | Oh, well, I’ll have to | 是嘛 那我可不能错过 |
[10:56] | remind myself to take the Rasta-ferry over to catch it. | 我会乘坐拉斯特法里派信徒的船去看的 |
[11:04] | Frasier just told the cutest little joke. | Frasier刚跟我讲了个笑话 可好玩了 |
[11:07] | Oh, I’m sorry. I came back as quickly as I could. | 噢 抱歉 我尽快赶回来了 |
[11:10] | Oh, I just remembered I left a tray of hors d’oeuvres | 噢呀 刚想起来我把一盘餐前小点 |
[11:13] | on the kitchen counter. | 落在厨房台面上了 |
[11:14] | Oh, no, let me, Daphne. | 不 我来吧 Daphne |
[11:16] | I’m not going to let you wait on me all night. | 我可不想你整晚都服侍我 |
[11:18] | Oh, thank you. | 噢 谢谢你 |
[11:20] | Allow me. | 我来吧 |
[11:21] | Well? | 怎么样呀 |
[11:23] | Well, I like her, actually. You know what? I think she likes me, too. | 我喜欢她 而且 我觉得她也喜欢我 |
[11:26] | So, are you going to ask her out? | 那你准备约她出去吗 |
[11:27] | Oh, now, now, now, Daphne. | 噢 慢点来 Daphne |
[11:28] | Can’t rush things with a girl like Holly. | 对待Holly这样的女孩可不能冒失 |
[11:31] | After all, she’s the kind of girl you just don’t do that to. | 是吧 你哪里忍得下心那样对她 |
[11:34] | Yes, she has to be wooed. | 需要慢慢向她求爱 |
[11:35] | You know, to be honest, | 说实话 |
[11:36] | this is the… the part of the dance that excites me the most… | 这是爱之探戈中我最喜欢的一段 |
[11:41] | the coy verbal volleys, the subtle body language, | 腼腆的互相试探 微妙的肢体语言 |
[11:46] | the probing glances as we explore our mutual passion. | 互相探寻的眼神 追求激情的共鸣 |
[11:52] | Um… | 呃 |
[11:53] | That jacket you’re wearing might be a bit too conservative. | 你穿的这件外套好像有点保守 |
[11:56] | Really? | 是嘛 |
[11:56] | Why don’t you go and change? | 要不你去换一件吧 |
[11:57] | Well, all right, all right. | 好吧 好吧 |
[11:58] | What do you think, maybe… maybe, uh, maybe a sweater? | 你觉得我换哪件好呢 要不换件毛衣 |
[12:00] | Do you think I’d look more freewheeling in my blue and my…? | 我穿那件蓝色的会不会随性一点 还有那 |
[12:07] | Good God. | 老天 |
[12:09] | He has a cold, you know. | 友情提醒 他感冒了 |
[12:20] | I had no idea that Simon and Holly | 我完全不知道Simon跟Holly |
[12:22] | had gotten so cozy at my wedding shower. | 在我的告别单身派对上已经看对眼了 |
[12:24] | Of course, try telling that to Dr. Crane. | 我怎么跟Crane医生交代嘛 |
[12:27] | He blamed you for what happened? | 他怪你吗 |
[12:28] | Of course he did. | 他当然怪我了 |
[12:29] | The tension in the house was just getting worse. | 屋子里的气氛越来越紧张了 |
[12:32] | Then two nights later, i thought I was getting a break from it all. | 两天后的晚上 我终于能喘口气儿了 |
[12:37] | I had the house all to myself for a change, | 整间屋子里只有我一个人 |
[12:40] | which was a good thing, | 正是好事儿 |
[12:41] | because I was meeting Donny’s parents the next day. | 因为我第二天要见Donny的父母 |
[12:44] | I decided I’d use the evening to | 我决定利用这个晚上 |
[12:46] | take a nice hot bath, give myself a manicure… | 舒服地洗个热水澡 给自己修修指甲 |
[12:49] | you know, how you do. | 你懂的 |
[12:54] | Dr. Crane, what happened to your concert? | Crane医生 音乐会出什么事了吗 |
[12:58] | Simon Simon happened. | |
[13:01] | I’ve caught his wretched cold. | 我被他传染了那讨厌的感冒 |
[13:03] | I think I just go curl up in bed. | 我要去床上蜷起来 |
[13:05] | After all, if I don’t take care of myself, who will? | 要是我不照顾自己 谁还会呢 |
[13:09] | Make me some tea and honey, won’t you? | 帮我泡个茶加蜂蜜吧 |
[13:13] | Hey, Daph. | 嘿 Daph |
[13:15] | I thought you and Simon were watching the game down at McGinty’s. | 你和Simon不是在麦金蒂酒吧看比赛吗 |
[13:17] | Nah, the cable went out. I’ll just watch it here. | 哎 那儿的有线电视坏了 我就在家看了 |
[13:21] | Then where’s Simon? | 那Simon在哪儿 |
[13:22] | He’s at the bar. He met some people. | 他还在酒吧里 他交了些朋友 |
[13:25] | Oh, listen, if you’re going in the kitchen, would you get me a beer? | 嘿 你要是去厨房的话 能帮我拿罐啤酒吗 |
[13:28] | He’s got a real knack for making friends… | 他交朋友真有一手 |
[13:31] | and a great storyteller. | 而且很会讲故事 |
[13:33] | Is it true you wet your pants | 你第一次见到中国人的时候 |
[13:34] | the first time you saw a Chinese person? | 真的吓尿了吗 |
[13:38] | He told you that?! | 他跟你说的吗 |
[13:39] | Oh, he’s going to kill me. | 噢 他肯定得杀了我 |
[13:41] | He was going to try to work it into his wedding toast. | 他正努力把这段子加进婚礼祝酒词呢 |
[13:47] | Come on in, make yourselves comfortable. | 进来吧 别客气 |
[13:50] | Hey, Stilts, I didn’t know you’d be home. | 嘿 高跷 我还以为你不在家呢 |
[13:52] | God, what a sight. | 瞧瞧你啊 |
[13:54] | If you took your teeth out and put them in your pocket, | 要是你把牙拿出来放口袋里的话 |
[13:56] | you’d look like Mum. | 就跟老妈一个样 |
[13:59] | Oh, sod off, Simon. Who are these people? | 滚开 Simon 这都是什么人啊 |
[14:02] | Oh, these are some new friends of mine. | 噢 他们是我的新朋友 |
[14:03] | They’ve come ’round to watch the game. | 他们过来一起看球赛 |
[14:05] | This is Dan. This is, uh… | 这是Dan 这是 呃 |
[14:07] | – Judd. – Judd, yeah. | – Judd – 对 Judd |
[14:08] | And this here is Paris. | 这位呢 是Paris |
[14:10] | Paris? Does that make you French? | Paris 你是法国人吗 |
[14:12] | No, but a couple of beers might. | 不是 不过几杯啤酒下肚 我就成法国人了 |
[14:14] | Brilliant! Brilliant! | 厉害 厉害 |
[14:17] | What on earth is going on out here? | 这到底是怎么回事 |
[14:19] | Oh, it’s no big deal. A few people just came over to watch the game. | 没啥事儿 几个朋友过来一起看球赛 |
[14:21] | Oh, you might have consulted with me first. | 你应该先跟我打声招呼啊 |
[14:23] | Let’s get you back to bed, Dr. Crane. | Crane医生 你先回去床上吧 |
[14:25] | I’ll bring your tea in a minute. | 我马上给你送茶来 |
[14:26] | Very well, Daphne. It seems I’ve caught a cold from someone. | 很好 Daphne 我好像被某人传染了感冒 |
[14:29] | Well, you might’ve mentioned that before I took a nap in your bed. | 那我在你床上打盹儿前你怎么没先跟我说一声啊 |
[14:35] | If you don’t mind me saying, Marty, | Marty 也许我这么说不太合适 |
[14:37] | you’re a saint for putting up with that man. | 但你真是个圣人 能一直忍受他 |
[14:40] | Your life must be very trying, very trying indeed. | 你的生活肯定是很难捱啊 |
[14:43] | Oh, do not get me started. | 嚯 我这一说可就没完了 |
[14:49] | Could someone get that? I have a tray to make for Dr. Crane. | 有谁能去开下门吗 我得为Crane医生准备托盘 |
[14:52] | Bring out some beers, would you? | 给我们拿点啤酒 好吗 |
[14:56] | Hi, Simon. | 嗨 Simon |
[14:58] | Hello. | 你好 |
[15:00] | Are you ready? To go… | 你准备好了吗 去吃 |
[15:02] | to dinner? We made a date. | 晚餐 我们约好了的 |
[15:05] | Of course. Our date. | 当然了 我们的约会 |
[15:07] | Uh, just… just hang on there a minute, uh… | 呃 稍等一下 呃 |
[15:09] | Hello, Roz. | 你好 Roz |
[15:10] | Roz, yeah. I forgot where I put me jacket. | 对 Roz 我忘记外套放哪儿了 |
[15:13] | Right here. | 在这儿 |
[15:14] | Right. Well, I’m just going out for a bit, love. | 对 我就出去一会儿 宝贝 |
[15:16] | Make yourself comfortable. I won’t be late. | 你随意待着 我会早点回来的 |
[15:23] | I don’t believe this. | 难以置信 |
[15:24] | I got dressed up, I got a sitter, | 我打扮好了 请了个保姆 |
[15:26] | and you don’t even remember we made a date. | 你甚至忘了我们有约会 |
[15:28] | Some classy brother, Daphne. | 还真是个优质的哥哥啊 Daphne |
[15:30] | Now you’re making me feel bad. | 你让我有点自责了 |
[15:32] | I’ll tell you what… | 听我说 |
[15:33] | dinner’s on me tonight. | 今天的晚餐我来请你好了 |
[15:36] | Daphne, can I talk to you for a minute? | Daphne 我能跟你说几句吗 |
[15:39] | Don’t bother, Simon. | 不用麻烦了 Simon |
[15:40] | – Hey, will you keep it down? The game’s on. – Right. | – 嘿 你们能轻点儿么 比赛开始了 – 哦 对 |
[15:42] | Daph, how about some snacks? | Daph 能再拿点小吃来吗 |
[15:44] | Well, maybe a couple of sandwiches. | 来几个三明治吧 |
[15:45] | Oh, get it yourself. I have laundry to check on. | 你们自己拿 我要去洗衣房拿衣服 |
[15:49] | Hey, did you do my delicates? | 嘿 你有帮我洗我的小内内吗 |
[15:53] | I thought I’d cool off while I was in the laundry room, | 我本以为在洗衣房我能冷静下来 |
[15:56] | but no such luck. | 但我太天真了 |
[15:58] | Look at this! | 看这个 |
[16:01] | My favorite dress ruined! | 我最喜欢的裙子被毁了 |
[16:05] | Just when I’d gotten the wine stain out, | 我刚刚才把酒渍洗掉 |
[16:08] | someone pulled it out of the machine | 结果有人把它从洗衣机里拿出来 |
[16:10] | and tossed it into a puddle of bleach. | 扔到了漂白剂里 |
[16:13] | I got them back, though. | 不过我以牙还牙了 |
[16:15] | I pulled all their clothes out of the dryer | 我把他们的衣服从烘干机里拿出来 |
[16:17] | and threw them onto the dirty, wet floor… | 扔在了肮脏的湿地板上 |
[16:20] | Oh, what do you care? | 噢 你们怎么会在乎呢 |
[16:22] | I need a drink! A big one! | 我要喝酒 烈酒 |
[16:26] | Oh, that’ll be my date again. | 肯定又是我的女伴 |
[16:28] | I knew she couldn’t stay mad long. | 我就知道她会回心转意的 |
[16:31] | Coming, Rose! | 来了 Rose |
[16:35] | Hi. | 嗨 |
[16:35] | Hello, Donny. Who’s this, then? | 你好 Donny 这是谁啊 |
[16:37] | My Mom and Dad. I was picking them up at the airport. | 是我爸妈 我去机场接了他们 |
[16:38] | They couldn’t wait to meet Daphne. | 他们迫不及待想见见Daphne |
[16:40] | This is Simon, Daphne’s brother. | 这是Simon Daphne的哥哥 |
[16:41] | Oh, nice to meet you. Yeah, hi. How are you? | 噢 很高兴认识你们 嗨 你好啊 |
[16:44] | Hey, word to the wise… | 嘿 给你们句忠告 |
[16:45] | Daphne’s in a bit of a mood tonight. | Daphne今晚有点闹情绪 |
[16:47] | Why don’t I just let her know that you’re here? | 要不我先去告诉她 说你们来了吧 |
[16:49] | There, that’s the last of that bottle. | 好了 这瓶酒喝光了 |
[16:52] | Daphne, thanks for bringing in my whiskey. | Daphne 谢谢你给我拿威士忌 |
[16:54] | It’s mine. If you want it, you’ll have to fight me for it, old man. | 这是我的 你要的话得跟我打一架 老头 |
[16:57] | Honey, honey… | 亲爱的 亲爱的 |
[16:59] | Um, Mom, Dad, uh… | 呃 妈 爸 呃 |
[17:05] | This is my fiance… | 这是我的未婚妻 |
[17:07] | Daphne Daphne. | |
[17:10] | Hello. | 你们好 |
[17:13] | Donny, I thought we were doing this tomorrow. | Donny 我们不是明天见面吗 |
[17:15] | We wanted to surprise you. | 我们想给你个惊喜 |
[17:16] | Why, because your last surprise worked out so well? | 怎么 因为上个惊喜效果很好吗 |
[17:20] | We should have called first. | 我们应该先打电话过来的 |
[17:22] | No… This is so embarrassing. I’m such a mess. | 不 实在太尴尬了 我真是一团糟 |
[17:24] | Come on, honey, you’ve looked worse. | 没事儿 亲爱的 你有更寒碜的时候 |
[17:26] | Donny Donny! | |
[17:27] | Maybe we’d better go. | 我们要不还是走吧 |
[17:28] | Oh, no, no, please come in. | 噢 不 不 快请进 |
[17:30] | The more, the merrier. | 人越多越有劲儿 |
[17:33] | Oh, for God’s sake, who the hell is that now? | 噢 老天爷啊 这回又是谁 |
[17:36] | She’s very lovely. | 她很可爱 |
[17:40] | I know what you did. | 我知道你干的好事 |
[17:42] | Someone saw you leave the laundry room. | 有人看到你离开洗衣房 |
[17:44] | You threw all my wet clothes all over the floor! | 你把我的湿衣服都扔到了地上 |
[17:48] | Oh, I’m sorry. | 噢 对不起啊 |
[17:50] | I didn’t realize they were still wet. | 我没注意到它们都湿着 |
[17:53] | Here… let me help. | 来 我来帮你 |
[17:55] | What are you doing? | 你干什么 |
[17:56] | Ooh-hoo, that’s nice and hot. | 呜呜 这边很温暖嘛 |
[17:58] | Stop it! | 住手 |
[17:59] | What, not fast enough for you? Here! | 什么 嫌不够快吗 那这样 |
[18:02] | Stop it! | 住手 |
[18:02] | Maybe if we air-dried them! | 那我们来风干它们 |
[18:05] | There…! | 你看 |
[18:08] | That should do it! | 这样就行了 |
[18:09] | Ya happy now?! | 你开心了吧 |
[18:22] | Fine! | 好吧 |
[18:23] | I guess I’ll just have to make my own tea! | 看来我只能自己去泡茶了 |
[18:28] | It never occurred to me | 我根本没想过 |
[18:29] | that stuff would fall on people’s windshields. | 那些衣服会落在下面车子的挡风玻璃上 |
[18:32] | Well, I can certainly see why you felt provoked. | 我能理解你觉得自己是被逼到那一步的 |
[18:34] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[18:36] | Now, if the judge had seen it your way, | 要是法官也像你这么明理的话 |
[18:38] | we could have all saved ourselves a lot of time. | 咱俩就能节省好多时间呢 |
[18:40] | There’s something that confuses me just a little. | 但有件事让我有点困惑 |
[18:44] | Yes? | 什么 |
[18:45] | This dress that was ruined, you keep saying it was your favorite. | 被毁的那条裙子 你一直说是你最喜欢的 |
[18:50] | That’s right. | 没错 |
[18:52] | So… why were you wearing it at your bridal shower? | 那么 你为什么穿去你的告别单身派对呢 |
[18:56] | Well, it’s a momentous event, don’t you think? | 那是个重要场合 不是吗 |
[18:58] | But you said it was a surprise. | 但你说那是个惊喜 |
[19:00] | Well, yes… | 是啊 |
[19:03] | it was. | 是个惊喜 |
[19:05] | So… just what were you expecting when you went over there? | 那么 你为什么穿过去了呢 |
[19:13] | Daphne. Right on time. | Daphne 好准时 |
[19:14] | I’m glad you’re here. Come in. | 很高兴你来了 请进 |
[19:18] | Let me, uh, take your coat. | 让我帮你拿外套 |
[19:21] | I brought the recipe. | 我带来了食谱 |
[19:23] | Hmm? | 嗯 |
[19:24] | Oh, uh, uh, for, uh, sticky toffee pudding. Mm, mm, mm. | 噢 呃 呃 太妃布丁的 嗯嗯嗯 |
[19:29] | Well, that’s why I’m here, isn’t it? | 我就是为此而来的 对吧 |
[19:31] | To teach you to make it? | 教你做这布丁 |
[19:34] | Yes. | 是啊 |
[19:37] | You’re not buying it, are you? | 你不信 是吧 |
[19:39] | No, not really. | 不大信 |
[19:40] | So, uh… | 那么 呃 |
[19:43] | you know why I asked you here tonight? | 你知道我为什么今晚邀请你来吗 |
[19:45] | I think I do. | 我应该知道 |
[19:47] | I mean, when a man asks you to his house | 当一个男人邀请你周六晚上 |
[19:49] | to make pudding on a Saturday night, you… | 去他家做布丁 你 |
[19:53] | Pretty flimsy excuse, wasn’t it? | 漏洞百出的理由 是吧 |
[19:55] | Well, it got me here. | 但至少我过来了 |
[19:57] | Well, I’m glad. | 我很高兴 |
[20:01] | Make yourself comfortable. | 别客气 |
[20:02] | All right. | 好的 |
[20:09] | Surprise! | 惊喜吧 |
[20:13] | Welcome to your shower, honey. | 亲爱的 欢迎来到你的告别单身派对 |
[20:17] | Oh, my God, you’re trembling. | 噢 天哪 你在发抖 |
[20:18] | Yes, well… I’m absolutely blown away. | 是啊 我吓懵了 |
[20:21] | Oh, come on, Daphne, you were on to us. | 别装了 Daphne 你老早就看穿我们了 |
[20:23] | No, really. You had me completely fooled. | 不 真的 你完全把我唬住了 |
[20:30] | My God… | 天哪 |
[20:32] | Dr. Crane… | 是为了Crane医生 |
[20:34] | You know, it might be time to start calling him “Niles”. | 也许你该开始叫他”Niles”了 |
[20:40] | This is so confusing. | 太混乱了 |
[20:42] | I mean, what about Donny? He’s the man I love. | Donny怎么办 他才是我爱的人啊 |
[20:46] | Are you sure about that? | 你确定吗 |
[20:52] | No. | 不 |
[20:55] | Oh, I have so many questions. | 噢 我有好多问题 |
[20:58] | What does this mean? What do I do? | 这是什么意思 我该怎么做 |
[21:03] | I’m sorry… | 很抱歉 |
[21:04] | but our time is up. | 我们的时间到了 |