时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:09] | – Oh, hi, Roz. – Oh, there you are. | – 你好 Roz – 你们可回来啦 |
[00:10] | I brought something for Daphne. | 我给Daphne带了点东西 |
[00:12] | I was just going to leave it with the doorman. | 我还想着要不就放在门房那儿 |
[00:13] | – Oh… Oh. – Lord. | – 哦 哦 – 天呐 |
[00:15] | Did I say something? | 我说错话了吗 |
[00:16] | Well, actually, our doorman Morrie | 那个 我们的门房Morrie |
[00:19] | passed away this week. | 这周去世了 |
[00:20] | We just got back from the funeral. | 我们刚从他的葬礼回来 |
[00:21] | Oh, my gosh. | 哦 我的天啊 |
[00:22] | I’m so sorry. | 我很遗憾 |
[00:24] | Is she going to be all right? | 她没事吧 |
[00:25] | Well, uh, you know, she’s been a little high-strung all week | 呃 她这一周都有点神经紧张啦 |
[00:27] | even before he died. | 门房去世前她就这样了 |
[00:29] | I guess it’s just wedding stuff, you know. | 我猜是因为婚礼的压力 你懂的 |
[00:31] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[00:31] | Ooh…sorry about that. | 哦 抱歉失态了 |
[00:34] | So, you brought me something, Roz? | 你带东西给我了是吗 Roz |
[00:36] | Well, yeah, I figured you can’t get married | 是呀 你结婚肯定得穿戴点 |
[00:37] | without wearing something borrowed. | “借来的东西”呀 |
[00:40] | Oh, what a beautiful garter. | 哦 多么漂亮的吊带袜 |
[00:43] | Look at all the lovely detail. | 做工精致极了 |
[00:44] | I especially like the little odometer. | 我最喜欢上面的那个小里程表 |
[00:51] | Thank you so much, Roz. | 非常感谢 Roz |
[00:53] | Does anybody besides me feel like a cup of coffee? | 除了我之外还有人想喝咖啡吗 |
[00:55] | Oh, I’ll brew a pot. | 哦 我去煮一壶 |
[00:57] | Oh, don’t be silly. | 别傻了 |
[00:57] | I’ve been here enough times | 我来了这么多次 |
[00:58] | to know how to get the coffee made. | 知道怎么能喝到咖啡 |
[01:00] | Daphne, make us some coffee. | Daphne 去给我们煮咖啡 |
[01:02] | Kidding. | 开玩笑的 |
[01:09] | “The Wayside Inn.” | “威赛德酒店” |
[01:10] | Is this where you’re having the wedding? | 你们是准备在那里办婚礼吗 |
[01:12] | Oh, gosh, it’s just beautiful. | 哦 天呐 那里太美了 |
[01:14] | I hope it is. | 希望如此 |
[01:15] | The planning’s been a nightmare. | 婚礼策划真是一场噩梦 |
[01:17] | I spent an hour today on the seating chart. | 我今天花了一个小时安排座位 |
[01:19] | Everyone has some demand. | 每个人都有要求 |
[01:20] | “Don’t sit me near the band.” | “别让我坐在乐队旁边” |
[01:21] | “You mind if I bring a friend?” | “我能不能带一个朋友过来” |
[01:22] | Oh, my God, you can’t seat me next to him | 哦 天啊 你不能安排我坐在他旁边 |
[01:24] | Exactly. Every selfish, whiny, little de… | 就是这样 一个个都是自私爱牢骚的小 |
[01:26] | no, you cannot seat me next to Tim Walsh. | 不 你不能让我坐在Tim Walsh的旁边 |
[01:29] | I dated him all last summer and he dumped me. | 我去年夏天跟他约会了几个月 然后他甩了我 |
[01:32] | He’s going with my bridesmaid, Annie. | 他是和我的伴娘Annie一起来的 |
[01:34] | I have to seat the bridesmaids together. | 我又必须让所有的伴娘坐在一起 |
[01:36] | This always happens to me. | 为什么倒霉的总是我 |
[01:38] | Is there no place I can go | 就没有什么地方 |
[01:39] | without running into some guy I’ve dated? | 让我能不撞见前男友的吗 |
[01:41] | I was reading about a Trappist monastery in the Amazon | 我曾经读到过在亚马逊的丛林中 |
[01:44] | that they somehow built into the treetops. | 人们在树上建了一个圣母神乐院 |
[01:47] | Shut up, you big doily. | 闭嘴 你这个大号杯垫 |
[01:51] | This is going to be awful. | 真是太糟糕了 |
[01:52] | Here I am at a wedding | 我将在婚礼上 |
[01:53] | sitting next to a guy who dumped me. | 坐在曾经甩了我的人身旁 |
[01:55] | Oh, come on, Roz. | 没事的 Roz |
[01:56] | You won’t be alone. | 你是携伴出席呀 |
[01:57] | You’ll be on the arm | 你将会挽着 |
[01:58] | of a well-known Seattle boulevardier | 西雅图著名的花花公子 |
[02:00] | and radio star. | 兼电台明星出席 |
[02:01] | Frasier, I can’t go with you. | Frasier 我不能跟你一起去 |
[02:03] | I mean… going to a wedding with your boss | 我觉得 和自己的老板一起参加婚礼 |
[02:06] | is like going to the prom with your brother. | 就好比和自己的兄弟一起参加毕业舞会 |
[02:08] | Niles and I did not go to the prom together! | Niles和我没有一起参加毕业晚会 |
[02:12] | Our dates were sick and we went stag! | 我们约的姑娘病了 我们是分别单独出席的 |
[02:21] | In retrospect, yes, we should’ve canceled | 回想起来 我们确实应该取消四轮马车 |
[02:23] | the horse-drawn carriage, but hindsight is 20/20. | 但只有事后诸葛才能想得那么周全 |
[02:35] | Hey… hey, Roz. | 嗨 嗨 Roz |
[02:37] | Hi, Martin. | 嗨 Martin |
[02:37] | I’m really sorry to hear about your friend, Morrie. | 听说了你朋友Morrie的事 很遗憾 |
[02:40] | Aw, thanks. | 谢谢了 |
[02:40] | Yeah, his wife just did the nicest thing. | 他老婆刚刚做了件大好事 |
[02:42] | I guess she knew that Eddie and I would stop by | 我猜她知道Eddie和我常常过去 |
[02:44] | and shoot the breeze with him | 和他吹牛闲扯 |
[02:45] | so, she gave us something to remember him by. | 所以她给了我们一件纪念品来怀念他 |
[02:50] | “For Martin and Eddie.” | “致Martin和Eddie” |
[02:51] | – Gee, isn’t that nice? – Yeah. | – 啊 真好啊 – 是呀 |
[02:52] | I think it’s some kind of wine. | 我觉得是瓶酒 |
[02:53] | Well, yes, I’d say so. | 是的 我也这么觉得 |
[02:57] | My God, Dad, this is a 1945 Chateau Petrus. | 天啊 老爸 这是1945年的柏图斯红葡萄酒 |
[02:57] | 1945 Chateau Petrus: | 柏图斯庄园葡萄酒产量甚少,1945是顶级年份,估计RMB18-20万 |
[03:01] | Oh, yeah? | 哦 是吗 |
[03:01] | She said he got it from his uncle | 是他叔叔给他的 |
[03:02] | who was in France after the war. | 二战之后他叔叔在法国生活 |
[03:04] | Well, it’s one of the rarest bottles in the world. | 这是世界上最稀有的藏酒之一 |
[03:05] | Well, if you’re good maybe Eddie will give you | 是嘛 如果你表现得好 也许Eddie会从它那一半里 |
[03:07] | a glass out of his half. | 分你一杯 |
[03:11] | I’ve never even seen a ’45 Petrus. | 这么稀有的酒 我见都没见过呢 |
[03:13] | Oh, poor Morrie. | 哦 可怜的Morrie |
[03:15] | He probably waited his whole life | 也许他一辈子都在等 |
[03:17] | for an occasion special enough to open that bottle. | 一个可以开启这瓶酒的特殊时刻 |
[03:20] | Perhaps this should be a lesson for us all. | 这件事给我们上了一课 |
[03:23] | Morrie may be | 虽然Morrie |
[03:24] | standing guard at the door to heaven right now | 现在已经去天堂守门了 |
[03:26] | but he is buzzing us with one last message– | 但他在暗中向我们传递最后的信息 |
[03:31] | “Live life now.” | “把握当下” |
[03:34] | I’m reminded of a parable… | 我想起了一个寓言 |
[03:37] | – Come in. – Come in. – Come in. | – 进来 – 进来 – 进来 |
[03:40] | Simon Simon! | |
[03:41] | Hi, Sis. | 你好 老姐 |
[03:42] | I thought you were in California. | 你不是在加利福尼亚吗 |
[03:44] | Yeah, well, those friends I went to surprise were out of town. | 我本来想给朋友们一个惊喜 结果他们出门了 |
[03:47] | So, I decided to house-sit for them, | 所以我决定替他们看家 |
[03:49] | which was lovely, till they came home last night. | 本来一切都很好 但是他们昨晚回家了 |
[03:53] | I don’t know what all the screaming was about. | 不知道他们在瞎叫个什么劲儿 |
[03:55] | I was the one in the tub. | 在浴缸里裸着的人可是我呀 |
[03:58] | Where should I put this bag? | 我该把行李放在哪里 |
[04:00] | Uh, by the door, so you don’t forget it when you leave. | 放在门边 这样你走的时候就不会忘了 |
[04:02] | Right. | 好的 |
[04:03] | Well, I think I know everybody here… | 好吧 我想我认识在座的每一位 |
[04:06] | or do I? | 对不对 |
[04:10] | What would your name be, then, Miss? | 请问你叫什么名字 小姐 |
[04:12] | Simon… you lowlife idiot. | Simon 你这个卑劣的白痴 |
[04:15] | You made a date with me last week | 上个星期你说要跟我约会 |
[04:16] | and you stood me up. | 然后你放我鸽子 |
[04:18] | Sorry, love, I need a bit more to go on. | 抱歉 亲爱的 再多给我点提示 |
[04:22] | Maybe this’ll refresh your memory. | 也许这个能让你想起些什么 |
[04:25] | Roz– of course! | Roz 当然了 |
[04:28] | Well… | 好吧 |
[04:29] | look who’s back. | 看看谁回来了 |
[04:30] | Well, who’s this, then? | 哦 看看这是谁 |
[04:31] | I’d say it was Marty Crane | 我本想说是Marty Crane |
[04:33] | but he’s a bit too young and trim, eh? | 可这人也太年轻太有型了 |
[04:35] | Oh, come on. | 哦 得了吧 |
[04:36] | Can I offer you a beer? | 要不要来点啤酒 |
[04:37] | Oh, I hate to drink alone. | 哦 我不喜欢一个人喝闷酒 |
[04:38] | Can I have a sandwich with that? | 再给我来个三明治吧 |
[04:39] | Yeah. | 好的 |
[04:42] | If that beer-swilling boomerang thinks he’s staying here | 如果那个只知道吃喝玩乐的家伙以为他能住我家里 |
[04:44] | he’s got another think coming. | 那他的算盘就打错了 |
[04:46] | Better get a move on. | 你最好快点行动 |
[04:46] | He already has your address on his duffel bag. | 他已经把你家的地址写在他的行李袋上了 |
[04:50] | We better get going | 我们该走了 |
[04:51] | if we’re going to reach the cabin by dark. | 要不天黑前到不了小屋 |
[04:52] | “Cabin”? | “小屋” |
[04:53] | Yes, Mel and I are celebrating our six-month anniversary | 是的 我和Mel为了庆祝我们的六个月纪念日 |
[04:56] | by, uh, taking a little midweek getaway | 计划这周三开始休个短假 |
[04:58] | to her friend’s country place. | 到她朋友的乡下小屋去 |
[04:59] | Yes, no phones, no stress– | 是的 没有电话 没有压力 |
[05:01] | just two days of rest and relaxation. | 整整两天的纯休息和放松 |
[05:03] | I do have to pick up | 但我得先去拿 |
[05:04] | a little anniversary gift, though. | 纪念日的小礼物 |
[05:06] | So, give me nine minutes | 所以给我九分钟时间 |
[05:07] | and meet me at the northwest corner | 咱们4:42在Pike和Elm大街 |
[05:09] | of Pike and Elm at 4:42. | 交叉口的西北角见 |
[05:12] | Coming up on 4:33… | 现在我的表是4:33 |
[05:14] | Mm-hmm, synchronizing… | 嗯嗯 同步中 |
[05:15] | Now. Good. | 好了 非常好 |
[05:16] | I’m relaxing already. | 我已经觉得很放松了 |
[05:20] | Thank you, Marty. | 谢谢你 Marty |
[05:21] | That’s most hospitable of you. | 你真是热情好客 |
[05:22] | Well, you have to have a place to stay. | 没什么 你得有个落脚的地方呀 |
[05:24] | Stop right there! | 都站住 |
[05:25] | He cannot stay here. | 他不能留在这里 |
[05:26] | The man is loud, ill-mannered… | 他只会大喊大叫 行为粗鲁 |
[05:28] | and the last time | 上次他来的时候 |
[05:29] | he stayed here, he killed a ficus tree | 把楼下邻居的阳台上的 |
[05:31] | on the downstairs neighbor’s balcony | 无花果树给弄死了 |
[05:33] | by means which are best left to the imagination. | 至于是怎么弄死的 我都羞于启齿 |
[05:37] | Frasier, I invited Simon to stay | Frasier 我邀请Simon |
[05:39] | in my Winnebago. | 住在我的旅宿车上 |
[05:41] | Come on, Simon. I’ll show you your new digs. | 走吧 Simon 我带你看看你的新住所 |
[05:43] | Oh, Lord, Simon, you know, I’m sorry… | 天呐 Simon 我很抱歉 |
[05:44] | Oh, no, no, no, forget about it. | 哦 不不不 别放在心上 |
[05:45] | It’s no worse than what I was just saying | 我刚刚在厨房里说你坏话时 |
[05:47] | about you in the kitchen. | 说得更过分 |
[05:49] | Good one. | 你真幽默 |
[05:51] | He thinks I’m joking. | 他以为我在开玩笑 |
[05:55] | Join me in a sherry, Frasier? | 一起喝杯雪莉酒吧 Frasier |
[05:56] | Oh, I think I will, Niles. | 好的 Niles |
[05:58] | You know, I have to admit | 你知道 我不得不承认 |
[06:00] | I’m a little bit nervous about this trip. | 对这次的旅行我有点紧张 |
[06:02] | I have a feeling Mel may make another push | 我有预感Mel想让 |
[06:03] | for us to live together. | 我们早一点搬到一起住 |
[06:05] | Oh, my. | 哦 天啊 |
[06:06] | Well, she’s been bringing it up quite a lot lately. | 她最近经常提起 |
[06:07] | She says it’s a good way to test our relationship. | 她觉得这是检验感情的好办法 |
[06:10] | You afraid you’ll discover things about each other | 你怕你们会发现对方 |
[06:12] | that you won’t like? | 身上的缺点 |
[06:13] | Oh, no, no-no-no, we’ve past that stage. | 哦 不不不 我们已经过了那个阶段 |
[06:16] | She knows my likes and dislikes. | 她知道我的喜恶 |
[06:17] | I’ve… become attuned to her various quirks… | 我 也开始习惯了她的各种怪癖 |
[06:21] | Eccentricities… | 古怪的嗜好 |
[06:23] | bugaboos… | 无端的恐惧 |
[06:23] | Ah. | 啊 |
[06:25] | Bêtes noires… | 害怕的东西 |
[06:27] | Night terrors… | 夜惊 |
[06:32] | That’s the fun of being in love. | 这都是陷入爱河的有趣之处 |
[06:35] | I don’t know what’s bothering me. | 我不知道是什么在困扰我 |
[06:37] | Is it possible that your foot-dragging | 有没有可能你这样 |
[06:40] | might have anything to do | 踟蹰不前是因为你 |
[06:41] | with some lingering feelings for Daphne? | 对Daphne余情未了 |
[06:44] | Frasier, uh, you must realize I put that behind me months ago. | Frasier 要知道我几个月前就放下了 |
[06:47] | I’m just asking. | 我就随便问问 |
[06:47] | I’m very happy with Mel. | 我和Mel一起很开心 |
[06:49] | Well, then, what’s your problem? | 那你的问题究竟是什么 |
[06:51] | Uh, well… let’s see, uh… | 嗯 让我想想 |
[06:53] | I just got through a rough divorce. | 我刚刚非常痛苦地结束了我的婚姻 |
[06:55] | Uh, I do have a tendency to be overly cautious. | 我有过于谨慎的倾向 |
[06:59] | This could be a chance to change all that. | 这可能是一个做出改变的机会 |
[07:02] | So, you’re in favor of it? | 那么 你是赞成的吗 |
[07:03] | Well… I’ve never really been | 好吧 我一直都 |
[07:05] | the president of the Mel fan club, | 不是特别喜欢Mel |
[07:07] | but she does seem to make you happy, | 但是她确实能让你快乐 |
[07:09] | and as we were reminded this morning, | 今天我们不是受到启发了吗 |
[07:12] | life is not to be taken in baby steps. | 在生活的道路上不能一直迈着碎步 |
[07:15] | Ask not for whom the doorman buzzes… | 有人按铃 不要问 直接开门迎接他 |
[07:20] | Thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[07:22] | All right. That was much-needed therapy, Frasier. | 好吧 这是一次成功的心理辅导 Frasier |
[07:24] | Well, Niles, it’s my pleasure. | Niles 这是我的荣幸 |
[07:26] | You are my brother. | 你是我弟弟 |
[07:27] | You get the family rate. | 给你家庭折扣价 |
[07:29] | Hey, Niles. | 嗨 Niles |
[07:30] | Got all the way down to the Winnebago | 都走到旅宿车那里了 |
[07:32] | and realized I had the wrong keys. | 我才发现拿错了钥匙 |
[07:33] | – I’ll see you guys in a couple of days. – Bye. | – 过几天再见了 – 再见 |
[07:35] | You don’t say, Mum? | 是真的吗 妈妈 |
[07:37] | Your phlebitis again? | 你的静脉炎犯了 |
[07:39] | Daphne Daphne! | |
[07:40] | Oh, got to go now, Mum. | 哦 我要挂了 妈 |
[07:41] | Dr. Crane’s on the warpath again. Bye. | Crane医生在大发雷霆 再见 |
[07:43] | Thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[07:44] | Okay. | 没问题 |
[07:46] | Daph, you know, I’m glad you’re here | Daph 很高兴你在这儿 |
[07:48] | because I was thinking about that wine of Morrie’s. | 我在想Morrie的那瓶酒 |
[07:49] | You know, that’s something, really, for a special occasion. | 你知道 它应该留到特殊的场合喝 |
[07:52] | So, I’d like you to have it for the wedding. | 所以我想送给你做结婚礼物 |
[07:54] | Enjoy it on your honeymoon. | 度蜜月的时候好好享受吧 |
[07:57] | Mr. Crane… | Crane先生 |
[07:58] | Oh, oh, Daphne, come on. | 哦 Daphne 别这样 |
[08:01] | Come on, now. | 好了 好了 |
[08:02] | It’s only a bottle of wine. | 只是一瓶酒而已 |
[08:04] | I don’t even know much about it. | 我也不是懂酒的人 |
[08:06] | Frasier, help me out here, will you? | Frasier 快帮帮我 好吗 |
[08:08] | Well, Dad, Chateau Petrus is a premier cru Bordeaux… | 好吧 老爸 柏图斯庄园葡萄酒是波尔多顶级的 |
[08:10] | No, no… | 不 不 |
[08:12] | I-I mean with Daphne. | 我 我是说Daphne |
[08:13] | There you go. | 给你 |
[08:14] | All right, Daph, oh… | 好了 Daph 哦 |
[08:16] | Oh… | 哦 |
[08:18] | I’m sorry to get so emotional like this. | 很抱歉最近我这么情绪化 |
[08:21] | It’s all right. | 没关系 |
[08:22] | I guess the funeral must’ve really upset you. | 我猜葬礼一定让你很难过 |
[08:25] | It’s not that. | 不是因为那个 |
[08:27] | Dr. Crane, I’ve wanted to talk to you about this all week | Crane医生 我这周一直想跟你谈谈 |
[08:31] | but I haven’t known what to say. | 但是我不知道该怎么开口 |
[08:33] | Can you promise you’ll keep this just between us? | 你能帮我保守秘密吗 |
[08:36] | Of course. | 当然 |
[08:37] | It’s about your brother. | 是关于你的弟弟 |
[08:39] | You see, I know. | 其实 我知道了 |
[08:41] | Know what? | 知道什么 |
[08:43] | I know about his feelings for me. | 我知道了他爱着我 |
[08:46] | My God! | 我的苍天啊 |
[08:48] | How did you find out? | 你是怎么知道的 |
[08:53] | It’s not important. | 那不重要 |
[08:54] | Somebody blabbed, didn’t they?! | 有人多嘴了 是不是 |
[08:56] | Why can’t people mind their own business? | 为什么人就不能管好自己的事 |
[08:58] | Who was the nattering gossip?! | 这个大嘴巴长舌头是谁 |
[08:59] | Roz?! Dad?! | Roz 我爸 |
[09:00] | You. | 你 |
[09:00] | What?! | 啥 |
[09:03] | You were taking those pills for your back | 你因为背痛吃了那些止痛药 |
[09:05] | and you blurted it out | 在我帮你按摩的时候 |
[09:06] | while I was giving you a massage. | 你突然就说出来了 |
[09:08] | Oh, well, they were very strong pills, you see… | 哦 好吧 那些药的药效的确非常强 |
[09:10] | Needless to say, it completely took my breath away. | 不用说 这让我大吃一惊 |
[09:13] | At first, I tried to forget about it… | 一开始我试图忘掉这件事 |
[09:15] | put it out of my mind. | 把它赶出脑海 |
[09:16] | Yes, well, the bottle said to take just one, but… | 好吧 瓶子上说只吃一颗 但是 |
[09:17] | Oh, will you shut up about those pills. | 你闭嘴 别再说药的事了行吗 |
[09:20] | I’m sorry. | 我很抱歉 |
[09:21] | I’m sorry, Daphne. | 我很抱歉 Daphne |
[09:22] | Anyway, after a while, | 不管怎样 过了一段时间 |
[09:23] | I couldn’t put it out of my mind anymore. | 我没有办法把这件事赶出我的脑海 |
[09:27] | I find myself thinking about him all the time. | 我发现自己一直在想着他 |
[09:32] | Daphne Daphne… | |
[09:34] | are you saying | 你是说 |
[09:34] | that you have feelings for Niles? | 你对Niles是有感觉的 |
[09:37] | I think I do. | 我想是的 |
[09:39] | Oh, I don’t know. | 哦 我也不知道 |
[09:40] | Even if I did, he may not feel that way about me anymore. | 即使我有意 他现在对我也不一定还有同样的感觉 |
[09:43] | He’s with Mel now. | 他已经和Mel在一起了 |
[09:44] | I don’t know what to tell you, Daph. | 我不知道该怎么跟你说 Daph |
[09:46] | Uh… I-I think th-the best thing is | 呃 我想 现在最好的办法 |
[09:49] | to-to try to find a way to talk with Niles. | 是想办法先和Niles谈一谈 |
[09:52] | That’s not an easy conversation to have. | 这可不是一场轻松的谈话 |
[09:54] | It’s easier now than after you’re married. | 那也比你结婚之后再谈要轻松 |
[09:57] | You’re right. | 你是对的 |
[09:59] | I have to talk to him, and right away. | 我要和他谈谈 马上就谈 |
[10:01] | I’m already making myself sick over this. | 这些事弄得我快受不了了 |
[10:03] | If I leave it any longer, | 如果再拖下去 |
[10:05] | I’ll be a complete basket case. | 我会变成一个废人 |
[10:07] | Uh, did he mention | 呃 他现在是不是 |
[10:08] | if he was going home? | 正在回家的路上 |
[10:11] | Well, uh… | 这个 呃 |
[10:12] | Actually, uh, | 其实 呃 |
[10:13] | he’s-he’s going somewhere… else first. | 他 他要先去别的地方 |
[10:17] | Where? | 哪儿 |
[10:18] | Get you some towels | 给你拿几条毛巾 |
[10:19] | – and you’ll be all set down there. – Right. | – 你就能在那里安顿下来了 – 好 |
[10:24] | Oh, geez, | 哦 天啊 |
[10:25] | Daphne, it’s just a bottle of wine. | Daphne 只是一瓶酒而已 |
[10:36] | I’ll get it. | 我去开门 |
[10:45] | Oh… Dr. Crane, I didn’t even know you’d gone out. | 哦 Crane医生 我都不知道你出门了 |
[10:48] | I thought you might be your brother. | 我以为是你弟弟来了呢 |
[10:49] | I went down to get the mail | 我下去拿信了 |
[10:51] | and got all these wedding gifts for you, but don’t worry | 还有这些你的结婚礼物 别担心 |
[10:54] | Niles called and said he’d be coming by this afternoon. | Niles打电话说他下午会过来 |
[10:56] | I don’t even know how I’m going to begin this conversation. | 我都不知道该如何开口 |
[11:00] | I’m sure those chocolate chip-blackened teeth | 我相信这些被巧克力屑染黑的牙 |
[11:02] | will be a nice icebreaker. | 会是很好的破冰利器 |
[11:05] | I’ve been so nervous lately. | 我最近太紧张了 |
[11:06] | I’ve done nothing but stuff me self with junk food. | 一直在狂吃垃圾食品 |
[11:10] | It’s him. | 他来了 |
[11:10] | All right, all right, all right, fine. | 好了好了好了 没关系的 |
[11:11] | You’re going to be just fine, okay? | 一切都会好起来的 好吗 |
[11:13] | Remember to speak from the heart. | 记得要把心里的话都说出来 |
[11:19] | Mr. Crane! | Crane先生 |
[11:20] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[11:21] | Eddie started doing his | Eddie开始跳 |
[11:23] | “I-don’t-know-how-much-longer- | “我不知道还能 |
[11:24] | I-can-hold-this” dance, | 憋多久”的舞 |
[11:25] | and I just ran out without my keys. | 所以我刚才着急出门忘了拿钥匙 |
[11:28] | Ever see him do that dance? | 你见过它跳那个舞没 |
[11:29] | Just the droll impression of it you do at parties, Dad. | 我只见过你在聚会上的模仿 特别有趣 |
[11:34] | You know, Mr. Crane, Eddie seems awful fidgety. | 你发现了吗 Crane先生 Eddie看起来好像很不安 |
[11:36] | I don’t think he got enough exercise on that walk. | 我觉得刚才散步的运动量还不够 |
[11:39] | Anybody needs any exercise, it’s you, the way you’re eating now. | 现在最需要运动的是你 看看你吃东西的样子 |
[11:42] | You know, when they put “party size” on that cookie bag | 人家在饼干袋上印”聚会装” |
[11:44] | they don’t mean “party of one.” | 可不是说”一个人的聚会” |
[11:55] | Simon, what do you want? | Simon 你来干吗 |
[11:56] | Well, I’ve just come to borrow a pen | 我只是来借支笔 |
[11:58] | so I could fill out this job application. | 我想填工作申请表 |
[12:00] | What? Oh, you’re applying for work? | 是么 哦 你在申请工作 |
[12:02] | Well, here, uh, allow me. | 好的 这儿 让我来 |
[12:04] | There we are. | 给你 |
[12:05] | Gosh, we’ll miss you around here, | 天啊 我们会想你的 |
[12:07] | but onward and upward. | 但你在步步高升嘛 |
[12:08] | So, what’s the job? | 你申请了什么工作 |
[12:10] | Doorman. | 门房 |
[12:13] | Dear God. | 我的老天爷 |
[12:16] | Why, it’s ideal for me, really. | 怎么了 对我来说是理想的工作 |
[12:17] | Nice, cozy chair, plenty of time | 漂亮而又舒适的椅子 大把时间 |
[12:19] | to think the long, long thoughts of youth… | 追忆青年时光 |
[12:22] | not to mention what the uniforms do for the ladies, eh, ha-ha! | 更不用说女士们有多么喜欢制服 哈哈 |
[12:26] | If memory serves, | 如果我没记错的话 |
[12:27] | a certain bellhop back in Manchester | 在曼彻斯特有位旅馆服务员 |
[12:29] | found that out with a young lady who will remain nameless. | 和一位匿名的年轻女士共同领略了这一点 |
[12:33] | Simon Simon! | |
[12:34] | I’m this close to just poppin’ him one. | 我非得给他一拳不可 |
[12:36] | Now, now, Daphne, Daphne, you just have to calm down. | 好了 好了 Daphne Daphne 冷静下来 |
[12:38] | Here. Have a cookie. | 来 吃点饼干 |
[12:41] | What is up with your appetite lately? | 你最近胃口怎么这么好 |
[12:43] | What, you knocked up or something? | 你是怀孕了还是怎么 |
[12:45] | Of course not, you… | 当然没有 你 |
[12:46] | Now, now, you wouldn’t be | 好了好了 是也没关系 |
[12:48] | the first person in our family to be walking down the aisle | 你也不是头一个了 走在红毯上时除了花束 |
[12:50] | carrying more than just a bouquet. | 还带了点别的 咱家这样的人还少嘛 |
[12:57] | Uh, Simon, why don’t you | 呃 Simon 你为什么 |
[12:59] | finish filling that out in the kitchen, | 不去厨房填申请表 |
[13:00] | and help yourself to a beer? | 顺便来罐啤酒 |
[13:01] | Well, great. | 太好了 |
[13:10] | Roz Roz! | |
[13:11] | Hi, guys. | 大家好 |
[13:13] | Hey, Frasier, I felt kind of bad about the other day | 嗨 Frasier 我觉得很过意不去 |
[13:16] | dumping you as my wedding date… | 那天拒绝跟你一起去参加婚礼 |
[13:17] | You want me back, don’t you? | 你又想要我了 是不是 |
[13:18] | and I’m sick about it, but I can’t find anybody else. | 我也不想 但是我真的找不到别人了 |
[13:22] | Sorry, Roz, I already invited somebody else. | 抱歉 Roz 我已经邀请别人了 |
[13:23] | She’s driving up on Saturday to join me. | 她周六会开车过来和我一起去 |
[13:25] | Get rid of her! I need a date. | 甩了她 我需要一个伴 |
[13:27] | I’m desperate! | 我已经绝望了 |
[13:28] | Well, well, somebody here is singin’ my favorite song. | 哟 哟 有人在唱我最喜欢的歌 |
[13:35] | Simon, there’s a guy who lives | Simon 有个人住在 |
[13:37] | in the park across the street from me. | 我家对面的公园里 |
[13:38] | He wears a cat suit and meows at people. | 他穿着像猫的连衣裤还冲人喵喵叫 |
[13:41] | If he’s busy, maybe I’ll call you. | 如果他没空 我也许会邀请你 |
[13:43] | I’m prettying myself up, just in case. | 那我先把自己打扮好 以防万一 |
[13:45] | Speaking of which, Daphne– | 说到这儿 Daphne |
[13:46] | I borrowed your blow-dryer for my job interview. | 为了面试 我借用了你的吹风机 |
[13:49] | I spent an hour looking for that! | 我找了整整一个小时 |
[13:51] | I thought I was losing my mind! | 我以为自己神志不清了 |
[13:52] | Well, that does happen to women in your condition– | 对于你这种情况的女人来说 是正常的啊 |
[13:55] | you know, in a family way… | 你懂的 怀孕嘛 |
[13:56] | You’re pregnant?! | 你怀孕了 |
[13:57] | I am not pregnant! | 我没怀孕 |
[13:59] | What, just another scare, then, like that time back in school | 那就是有惊无险了 像那次在学校 |
[14:02] | with that Pakistani chap? | 你和那个巴基斯坦小伙 |
[14:03] | That’s it, you pig! | 够了 你这头猪 |
[14:05] | Ooh. Put me down. | 放我下来 |
[14:07] | Daphne and I are going out for a breath of fresh air, | 我和Daphne出去呼吸一下新鲜空气 |
[14:09] | perhaps to retrieve her blow-dryer. | 也许把她的吹风机也拿回来 |
[14:11] | Oh, if Niles should happen to stop by, keep him here. | 哦 要是Niles过来了 让他在这儿等我 |
[14:14] | There’s something important I need to discuss with him. | 我有重要的事情要和他商量 |
[14:15] | Oh, for God’s sake, put me down. | 哦 看在上帝的份上 放我下来 |
[14:17] | Not until you promise not to kill your brother. | 除非你能答应我不会杀了你哥哥 |
[14:19] | Oh, all right. | 哦 好吧 |
[14:21] | It’s not as if he doesn’t deserve it. | 他咎由自取 |
[14:23] | Telling everyone I’m carrying Donny’s baby– | 逢人就说我怀了Donny的孩子 |
[14:25] | like I don’t have enough to worry about today | 好像我今天为了Crane医生 |
[14:27] | waiting for Dr. Crane. | 还不够烦似的 |
[14:28] | Daphne, Daphne, you have to calm down. | Daphne Daphne 你要冷静下来 |
[14:31] | It’s not easy. | 这太难了 |
[14:32] | I don’t even know how to begin with him. | 我都不知道该如何开口 |
[14:34] | “Would you like steak or salmon at my wedding? | “在我的婚礼上你想吃牛排还是鲑鱼 |
[14:37] | And by the way, I think I might be in love with you.” | 顺便说一下 我可能爱上你了” |
[14:40] | Daphne, you’ll find the words | Daphne 当时机成熟的时候 |
[14:42] | when the time comes, all right? | 你就知道该说什么了 好吗 |
[14:44] | Don’t pretend you’re not listening, Mrs. Richman. | 别装作你没有在偷听 Richman太太 |
[14:46] | Your laundry is not that interesting. | 你要洗的衣服没那么有趣 |
[14:51] | Oh, come on, George. | 哦 得了吧 George |
[14:52] | I’m desperate here. | 我快绝望了 |
[14:54] | I promise you a good time. | 我保证给你一段快乐时光 |
[14:56] | I mean a really good time, | 我是说真正快乐的时光 |
[14:57] | if you get my drift. | 如果你明白我的意思 |
[15:00] | You might have mentioned I was on speaker phone. | 你提醒我一下 你开了免提会死呀 |
[15:07] | Listen to what you’re doing, Roz. | 看看你在做什么 Roz |
[15:09] | It’s not very dignified, is it? | 有些没尊严 是吧 |
[15:12] | Come on, Roz, give Simon a chance. | 别这样 Roz 给Simon一个机会 |
[15:14] | What, so he can stand me up again? | 什么 让他再放我一次鸽子吗 |
[15:16] | And miss my sister’s wedding? Never. | 我怎么会错过我妹妹的婚礼呢 绝不会 |
[15:18] | Well, if you’re worried about my appearance, | 如果你担心我的外表 |
[15:20] | I know where I can get my hands on some very nice Armani suits. | 我知道哪里能弄到非常好的阿玛尼西装 |
[15:24] | Or you can just grab one out of Frasier’s closet. | 你可以去Frasier的衣柜里抓一件 |
[15:26] | What do you think he was talking about? | 你以为他还能去哪儿弄 |
[15:30] | All right… | 好吧 |
[15:31] | but, Simon, just remember my ex-boyfriend will be there. | 但是Simon 要记得我前男友也在 |
[15:35] | If anybody asks, you’re an Internet millionaire. | 如果有人问起 你是互联网行业的百万富翁 |
[15:37] | Right. I’ll be your perfect well-bred, upmarket gentleman. | 好的 我会是一位有教养的上流社会绅士 |
[15:41] | Now, I’ll walk you to the garage. | 让我护送你去车库 |
[15:43] | Oh, you don’t have to. | 哦 不必了 |
[15:44] | Oh, it’s no bother. I live there. | 哦 不麻烦 我住在那儿 |
[15:49] | – Roz – Niles – Roz! – Niles! | |
[15:51] | Simon Simon! | |
[15:52] | Well, by the look of that smile on your face, | 根据你脸上的笑容来判断 |
[15:54] | I’d say somebody got himself a bit last night. | 我得说某人昨晚尝到了甜头 |
[15:57] | I find that remark rude, boorish… | 我觉得你的判断非常粗鲁 无礼 |
[16:00] | and impossible to deny! | 却无法否认 |
[16:03] | Brilliant! | 太棒了 |
[16:12] | Niles, how was your trip? | Niles 旅行愉快吗 |
[16:13] | Oh, fantastic, Dad. | 哦 太棒了 老爸 |
[16:14] | Where’s Frasier? I have some news. | Frasier在哪儿 我有重大消息 |
[16:15] | Oh, he’ll be back in a bit. What’s up? | 哦 他马上回来 怎么了 |
[16:17] | Oh, uh, well, I should wait for Frasier. | 那个 我应该等Frasier来了再说 |
[16:19] | It was really his idea. Do you mind? | 这其实是他的主意 你不会介意吧 |
[16:21] | – I can wait. – Okay. | – 我能等 – 好的 |
[16:21] | – I can’t. – What is it? | – 我等不了 – 怎么了 |
[16:24] | I’m married. | 我结婚了 |
[16:28] | Married? | 结婚了 |
[16:29] | Yes. Mel and I eloped yesterday. | 是的 我和Mel昨天私奔了 |
[16:32] | Well? | 怎么样 |
[16:33] | Well… | 那么 |
[16:36] | Congratulations, son! | 祝贺你 儿子 |
[16:38] | That’s great. | 太好了 |
[16:40] | So, uh, you’re happy, right? | 那么 你很开心 是吗 |
[16:42] | Oh, happy? I’m delirious. | 哦 何止开心 我都神志不清了 |
[16:45] | Yeah, you’d have to be, wouldn’t you? | 那简直是一定的 可不是吗 |
[16:53] | So, uh, you say this was Frasier’s idea? | 你刚才说这是Frasier的主意 |
[16:56] | Well, indirectly, yeah. | 这个 间接地 是的 |
[16:57] | Oh, before I forget, it occurred to me | 哦 我怕忘了 刚想起来 |
[16:59] | I think we should keep this from Daphne and Donny. | 我觉得不应该让Daphne和Donny知道 |
[17:01] | I would hate for them to think | 我不想让他们觉得 |
[17:02] | that we’re stealing their thunder. | 我们在抢他们的风头 |
[17:05] | Oh, Niles. | 哦 Niles |
[17:06] | Frasier Frasier. | |
[17:06] | – Three guesses what I did yesterday. – What? | – 给你三次机会猜我昨天做了什么 – 什么 |
[17:08] | Daphne Daphne | |
[17:09] | Dr. Crane | Crane医生 |
[17:10] | Send Daphne away. | 让Daphne回避 |
[17:11] | Get rid of your father. | 把你老爸弄走 |
[17:13] | Daphne, could you go to the drugstore? | Daphne 你能去一趟药房吗 |
[17:14] | I’m all out of liniment | 我的擦剂用完了 |
[17:16] | and my back’s getting kind of achy. | 我的背现在有点疼 |
[17:17] | Dad, that’s because you’ve been sitting in that chair all day. | 爸 这是因为你整天都坐在那把椅子上 |
[17:19] | I tell you what, you know what you could use? | 你知道该怎么做吗 |
[17:21] | A good walk to the drugstore. | 去药房散个步 |
[17:22] | It’ll do you a world of good. | 这对你大大有好处 |
[17:23] | – I’ll go with you. – Oh-oh, okay. All right. | – 我和你一起去 – 哦 好 好吧 |
[17:26] | Niles, why don’t you come, too? | Niles 你也一起来吧 |
[17:27] | Yeah, we’ll all go. | 好 我们一起去 |
[17:28] | No! No, there’s something very important | 不 不 我有非常重要的事情 |
[17:30] | I need to discuss with Dad, Niles. | 要和老爸讨论 Niles |
[17:32] | I’m sure you understand. | 我相信你会理解的 |
[17:33] | Fras Fras! | |
[17:40] | Hello? Mel, darling. | 你好 Mel 亲爱的 |
[17:42] | No, just hanging out with Daphne. | 没 我正和Daphne一起 |
[17:44] | Honestly, Dad, when will you learn to take a hint? | 说真的 老爸 你什么时候才能领会暗示 |
[17:46] | I can’t take a hint?! | 我不会领会暗示 |
[17:48] | Couldn’t you see that Niles wanted to talk to you? | 难道你看不出Niles想跟你谈谈吗 |
[17:49] | Whatever it is, he can wait. | 不管是什么 他都可以等一会儿 |
[17:51] | Oh, yeah, no big deal. | 哦 是的 没什么大不了 |
[17:52] | – He just got married, that’s all. – What?! | – 他刚刚结婚了 仅此而已 – 什么 |
[17:54] | He eloped with Mel yesterday. | 他昨天和Mel私奔了 |
[17:55] | Poor Daphne. | 可怜的Daphne |
[17:57] | Would you please keep out of this, Mrs. Richmond! | 请你置身事外好吗 Richmond太太 |
[17:59] | We have got to get back up there! | 我们必须立刻回去 |
[18:00] | We’re going to the basement! | 我们马上就到地下室了 |
[18:01] | I can’t wait that long! | 我等不了那么久了 |
[18:06] | See you later… darling. | 一会儿见 亲爱的 |
[18:09] | Sorry about that. | 抱歉接了个电话 |
[18:10] | Oh, it’s all right. | 哦 没关系 |
[18:11] | So, 48 hours till the big day, you must be pretty excited. | 离大喜之日还有48个小时 你一定很激动 |
[18:15] | It’s funny you should mention that. | 很有趣 你这么说 |
[18:18] | You see, Dr. Crane… | 那个 Crane医生 |
[18:21] | Yes, Daphne? | 怎么了 Daphne |
[18:22] | Niles Niles! | |
[18:31] | Dr. Crane! You’re back awfully soon. | Crane医生 你怎么这么快就回来了 |
[18:34] | And you-you’re all out of breath. | 而且你上气不接下气的 |
[18:35] | Is something wrong? | 出什么事了 |
[18:36] | Uh, no, no. It’s just that there’s something | 呃 没有 我只是有些事需要 |
[18:38] | I need to discuss with Niles. | 和Niles讨论一下 |
[18:40] | What, now? We were just having a chat. | 什么 现在 我们正要谈事情呢 |
[18:41] | Well, I’m sure it can wait, Daphne. | 我确信那个可以等等 Daphne |
[18:43] | Daphne, Daphne, I need to talk to Frasier, too | Daphne Daphne 我也需要和Frasier谈谈 |
[18:45] | – if you don’t mind. – Oh, of course not. | – 如果你不介意的话 – 哦 当然不 |
[18:47] | It’s not like I had anything important to talk about! | 我也没什么重要的事情要说 |
[18:54] | Daphne all right? | Daphne没事吧 |
[18:55] | Well, it’s just, uh, wedding stuff, I guess. | 呃 只是婚礼的压力吧 我猜 |
[18:58] | Uh, speaking of which, I-I understand you have | 说到这儿 我听说你有 |
[19:01] | some… some news? | 有一些新闻 |
[19:04] | You’re… married? | 你 结婚了 |
[19:06] | Yes. I guess Dad couldn’t contain himself | 是的 我猜老爸像我一样 |
[19:08] | any more than I could. | 控制不住自己了 |
[19:09] | I thought you were just going to move in together. | 我以为你们只是搬到一起住 |
[19:11] | Well, so did I, but the strangest thing happened. | 是的 我也这么以为 但是最奇怪的事发生了 |
[19:13] | As we talked about it, we got more and more excited | 当我们聊起搬到一起住这件事时 |
[19:15] | about the idea of being together, | 越聊越兴奋 |
[19:17] | and then I remembered your advice | 然后我想起了你的建议 |
[19:19] | to stop taking baby steps through life. | 在生活的道路上不能一直迈着碎步 |
[19:23] | Before we knew it, | 然后不知怎的 |
[19:24] | we were asking the waitress for a phone book | 我们已经向服务员要了电话簿 |
[19:26] | so we could find a justice of the peace! | 找到了一个地方法官 |
[19:28] | What can I say but… congratulations? | 我还能说什么 恭喜你 |
[19:33] | Martin… or should I say Dad? | Martin 还是说改口叫老爸 |
[19:35] | Yeah. I heard. | 是啊 我听到了 |
[19:39] | Hello. | 你好 |
[19:40] | Darling, darling, it occurred to me | 亲爱的 亲爱的 我想起来了 |
[19:42] | I think perhaps we should try to keep this quiet from Daphne. | 我觉得咱们最好先不要告诉Daphne这件事 |
[19:45] | Keep what quiet? | 不要说什么 |
[19:46] | Oh, we can’t keep something like this a secret. | 哦 我们不能对这么重要的事情保密 |
[19:50] | We got married. | 我们结婚了 |
[19:54] | Did you? | 是吗 |
[19:55] | Yes. While we were out of town. | 是的 在我们出去旅行的时候 |
[19:56] | But the last thing we want is to upstage you and Donny | 但是我们绝不是想抢你和Donny的风头 |
[19:59] | so we are not mentioning this outside this room. | 所以这件事咱们几个知道就行了 绝不外传 |
[20:04] | Well, I am just | 哦 我为你们 |
[20:06] | so happy for you both. | 感到高兴 |
[20:08] | We’re having champagne. Would you like to join us? | 我们要喝香槟庆祝 一起吗 |
[20:10] | I’d love to, but I have to get a check down to the caterer’s. | 我很想参加 但是我要给承办酒席的人送支票 |
[20:13] | They’re closing early today. | 他们今天关门早 |
[20:15] | Let me drive you over, Daph. | 我开车送你去吧 Daph |
[20:16] | Oh, no, I’m fine. | 哦 不用了 我自己就可以 |
[20:17] | Congratulations again. | 再一次祝贺你们 |
[20:19] | Oh, save a glass for me. | 帮我留一杯香槟 |
[20:42] | This is the lounge. | 这是休息室 |
[20:44] | And through there is the dining area | 穿过它就是餐饮区 |
[20:45] | where the rehearsal dinner will be. | 婚礼彩排晚宴就在那里举行 |
[20:47] | This is lovely. | 非常好 |
[20:48] | Say, have you seen the bride-to-be yet? | 问一下 你看到准新娘了吗 |
[20:49] | I’d like to have a word with her. | 我有话想跟她说 |
[20:50] | No, I haven’t. | 不 我没看见 |
[20:52] | So, I thought we’d have the toast | 所以我的想法是 |
[20:53] | right before dessert. | 在甜点前致祝词 |
[20:54] | Dr. Crane | Crane医生 |
[20:55] | Gosh, Daphne, I was wondering where you’d gotten to yesterday. | 天呐 Daphne 我在想你昨天跑哪儿去了 |
[20:58] | After the caterers I went straight to Donny’s | 我从婚礼承办人那里出来后直接去Donny家了 |
[21:00] | so we could leave bright and early together. | 这样我们就能一大早一起走了 |
[21:02] | – It’s lovely up here, isn’t it? – Oh, yes. | – 这里布置得非常好 是不是 – 哦 是的 |
[21:04] | Anybody else want something from the bar? | 我要去吧台拿点喝的 还有人要吗 |
[21:05] | Um, Scotch rocks. | 呃 威士忌加冰块 |
[21:06] | Donny, it’s barely noon. | Donny 现在才中午 |
[21:08] | Isn’t that when your mom said she’d be here? | 你妈妈不是说她大概这个点过来 |
[21:09] | Give him a double. | 给他来双份 |
[21:11] | Um, Daphne, I was actually hoping… | Daphne 其实我是想 |
[21:13] | I’ll have whatever he’s having. | 给我来一份儿一样的 |
[21:14] | Roz Roz | |
[21:15] | I don’t even know why I came to this wedding. | 我都不知道自己为什么要来参加婚礼 |
[21:18] | Hi, Daphne. | 你好 Daphne |
[21:19] | I was all set to drive up here myself | 我都准备好自己开车过来了 |
[21:22] | when I think “wait a minute. | 然后我想到 “等一下 |
[21:23] | “I can’t walk into that lobby alone. | “我不能独自走进大厅 |
[21:24] | What if my ex-boyfriend is here?” | 万一我前男友在那里怎么办” |
[21:26] | So, I agreed to drive up with Simon. | 所以我同意和Simon一起开车过来 |
[21:28] | There I am | 结果我站在路边 |
[21:29] | standing on the curb with my garment bag | 拿着套了保护袋的礼服 |
[21:31] | and what does he pull up in? | 你猜他开着什么过来 |
[21:32] | Your father’s Winnebago. | 你老爸的旅宿车 |
[21:34] | Thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[21:35] | Don’t go anywhere. | 哪儿都别去 |
[21:38] | Next thing I know, we’re heading down the highway | 然后我们就在高速上了 |
[21:39] | in the wrong direction towards the airport. | 朝着完全相反的方向来到了机场 |
[21:41] | Hey… | 嗨 |
[21:42] | I wasn’t kidding. | 我没有开玩笑 |
[21:45] | Turns out he’s promised | 原来他答应 |
[21:46] | to ferry your entire family up here. | 把你们全家人都运过来 |
[21:48] | All 14 of them? | 14个人都过来吗 |
[21:49] | Fifteen. Your Aunt Ida | 15个 你姑妈Ida |
[21:50] | got the weekend off from the bakery. | 这周末向面包房请假了 |
[21:52] | Judging by the size of her, | 从她的体型判断 |
[21:53] | it’ll be the first Saturday they turn a profit. | 面包房本周六能实现首次盈利了 |
[21:56] | You know, Donny, | 这样吧 Donny |
[21:57] | maybe you could take Roz out for a walk | 你能不能带Roz去散步 |
[21:59] | in that rejuvenating country air | 这里的乡村空气能让人恢复活力 |
[22:01] | while I have a word with your fiancee? | 我想跟你的未婚妻聊两句 |
[22:02] | Come on, Roz, let’s go. | 来吧 Roz 咱们走 |
[22:03] | You don’t mind if I just take this with me, do you? | 你不介意我带上酒 是吧 |
[22:05] | – Well, uh. – I didn’t think so. | – 那个 呃 – 反对无效 |
[22:08] | Daphne, I wanted you to know | Daphne 我想让你知道 |
[22:11] | that I’m just completely devastated | 我对他们结婚的事情 |
[22:13] | by what happened. | 也感到极为震惊 |
[22:14] | It’s all right, Dr. Crane. | 没关系 Crane医生 |
[22:16] | It’s just when I advised you to have a chat with Niles | 在我建议你找Niles谈谈的时候 |
[22:18] | I had no idea he’d run off and get married. | 我完全没有想到他会跑去结婚 |
[22:20] | I know your concern for me, but I’m fine. | 我知道你在为我担心 但是我很好 |
[22:23] | I thought about it all last night, | 我昨晚一直在想这件事 |
[22:24] | and I realized what I was feeling | 我意识到这只是 |
[22:26] | was just wedding jitters. | 一点婚前的紧张情绪罢了 |
[22:28] | I do love your brother, | 我确实爱你的弟弟 |
[22:30] | but I’m in love with Donny. | 但是我与Donny相爱 |
[22:32] | You’re not just putting on a brave face? | 你不是在装作勇敢吧 |
[22:34] | No. | 不是 |
[22:36] | I’m a bit embarrassed now, making you worry for no reason. | 我有些不好意思 让你没理由地担心 |
[22:39] | Oh, it’s all right, Daphne. | 哦 没关系的 Daphne |
[22:41] | It’s what I do. | 这就是我的工作 |
[22:43] | You’ve always been such a wonderful friend. | 你一直都是善解人意的好朋友 |
[22:46] | In fact, I brought this for the honeymoon, | 其实我为了度蜜月把这个带来了 |
[22:49] | but I’d like you to have it. | 但是我希望你能收下 |
[22:50] | Oh, Daphne, I couldn’t. | 哦 Daphne 我不能这么做 |
[22:52] | Donny and I aren’t wine drinkers. | 我和Donny都不是会品酒的人 |
[22:53] | I wouldn’t dream of it. Really. | 我怎么能收呢 真的 |
[22:54] | All right, I’ll keep it. | 好吧 那我自己留着 |
[22:55] | Now I’ve hurt your feelings. Here. | 但是我不能伤害你的感情 给我 |
[22:59] | Gosh, Daphne… | 天啊 Daphne |
[23:00] | I tell you what. | 这样吧 |
[23:01] | I promise that when I do drink this, | 我答应你在我喝这瓶酒的时候 |
[23:03] | I’ll be thinking of you. | 我会想你 |
[23:04] | Oh, come here. | 哦 快过来 |
[23:06] | Oh, Daph. | 哦 Daph |
[23:08] | There’s my baby. | 我的宝贝在这里 |
[23:11] | Hi, Mummy. | Hi 妈妈 |
[23:15] | Mum, this is… | 妈 这是 |
[23:16] | Oh, I know who he is, love. | 哦 我知道他是谁 亲爱的 |
[23:19] | I want to thank you, Donny, | 我想谢谢你 Donny |
[23:21] | for rescuing my daughter from that horrible Dr. Crane. | 从那个恐怖的Crane医生手里救下我女儿 |
[23:24] | – Well, actually… – Every time | – 这个 其实 – 每次我打电话 |
[23:26] | I call her, I’m not on the phone five minutes | 和她都说不了五分钟 |
[23:29] | before that tyrant is ordering her to hang up. | 那个暴君就逼她挂电话 |
[23:31] | Cup of tea, please. | 来杯茶 谢谢 |
[23:33] | I thought my daughter might get me one, but she didn’t. | 我以为我的女儿会给我倒茶 但是她没有 |
[23:37] | God, this seat’s worse than the Winnebago. | 上帝啊 这个座位比旅宿车上的还糟糕 |
[23:40] | Though not half as uncomfortable | 但是什么也比不上你给我安排的 |
[23:42] | as that sardine tin of a room | 像沙丁鱼罐头般的房间 |
[23:44] | you arranged for me. | 那么令人难以忍受 |
[23:45] | Oh, God, can’t bear the smell of that. | 天呐 这味道真是让人无法忍受 |
[23:48] | Take it away. | 快拿走 |
[23:49] | Oh… | 好的 |
[23:50] | Reminds me of the salmon | 这让我想起了 |
[23:51] | they served on the airplane. | 飞机上供应的鲑鱼 |
[23:53] | Oh, if it doesn’t have me hurling me guts out, | 吃了那个怎么能不把内脏都吐出来 |
[23:55] | it’ll be by God’s own intervention. | 除非上帝显灵 |
[23:59] | Now give your new mum a kiss, Donny. | 来 给你新妈妈一个吻 Donny |
[24:00] | Oh, actually, Mum, | 哦 其实 妈妈 |
[24:02] | This isn’t Donny. | 这不是Donny |
[24:03] | Oh, is this Mum? | 哦 这是妈妈吗 |
[24:05] | This is Donny. | 这才是Donny |
[24:06] | Well, come here. Let’s have a look at you. | 快过来 让我好好看看你 |
[24:08] | We’ve be starting to think our Daphne | 我们还以为我们的Daphne |
[24:10] | would never find herself a young man. | 永远也找不到一个年轻人 |
[24:13] | And I see she hasn’t. | 我发现她依旧找不到 |
[24:15] | Well, beggars can’t be choosers. | 好吧 要饭的哪能挑肥拣瘦 |
[24:17] | Well, I’m going to go and see | 我要去看看 |
[24:19] | if your father’s stomach is feeling any better. | 你老爸的肠胃有没有好一些 |
[24:21] | He keeps saying it’s tension. | 他总说是因为压力大 |
[24:23] | What he’s got to be tense about, I’ll never know. | 他有什么好紧张的 我搞不懂 |
[24:28] | I was worried she’d be in one of her dark moods. | 我本来还担心她心情会不好 |
[24:39] | Daphne’s brothers know how to let loose, don’t they? | Daphne的兄弟们真会玩 是吧 |
[24:41] | Boy, I’ll say. Now, listen, about their names. | 当然 听着 关于他们谁是谁 |
[24:44] | The one who’ll eat anything on a bet, that’s Nigel. | 只要打赌什么都会吃的是Nigel |
[24:46] | No, no, that’s Peter. | 不不 那是Peter |
[24:46] | Nigel’s the one whose Band-Aid he ate. | Peter吃了Nigel的创可贴 |
[24:49] | See ya. | 回见 |
[24:50] | Hey, Fras. | 嗨 Fras |
[24:52] | Had enough, huh? | 喝多了 是吗 |
[24:53] | Oh, yeah. | 嗯 有点 |
[24:55] | I think I hit my limit | 我觉得到极限了 |
[24:57] | when in the middle of my toast | 当时我祝酒词说了一半 |
[24:58] | I looked down and there was a man chewing on my boutonniere. | 低头看的时候 花眼看到有人在嚼我纽扣上的花 |
[25:03] | Oh, God, it’s been a hell of a week. | 天啊 这一周真够呛 |
[25:05] | I still can’t get over Niles and Mel. | 我还是无法相信Niles和Mel结婚了 |
[25:09] | Didn’t see that coming. | 完全没有想到 |
[25:10] | Well, at least he says she makes him happy. | 起码他说跟她一起很开心 |
[25:13] | So there’s nothing you can do about it, right? | 所以我们也不能做什么 |
[25:16] | Actually… | 其实 |
[25:17] | Fras, don’t even think | Fras 想都别想 |
[25:18] | about trying to talk him out of it. | 要说服他回头 |
[25:20] | He’s married. End of story. | 他结婚了 结束了 |
[25:22] | It’s really not that simple, Dad. | 真的没那么简单 老爸 |
[25:24] | You see… | 你看 |
[25:26] | I shouldn’t be talking to you about this. | 我都不应该跟你说这件事 |
[25:28] | Is this about Daphne? | 是关于Daphne的吗 |
[25:31] | Why do you say that? | 你为什么这么说 |
[25:32] | Oh, come on, I got eyes. | 得了吧 我长眼睛了 |
[25:33] | I know something’s going on. | 我知道有事情发生 |
[25:34] | I seen the way she’s been looking at him. | 我注意到她看他的眼神 |
[25:37] | She found out how Niles has felt about her all these years. | 她知道了Niles这些年来对她的感情 |
[25:41] | You’re kidding? | 你没开玩笑吧 |
[25:42] | How’d she find out? | 她怎么发现的 |
[25:44] | That’s not important right now, Dad. | 现在那些都不重要 老爸 |
[25:45] | The problem is that she told me | 问题是她告诉我 |
[25:47] | that she might have the same feelings for him. | 她可能对他有同样的感觉 |
[25:49] | Oh, geez. | 哦 天呐 |
[25:52] | Of course, then Niles shows up married. | 当然了 后来Niles突然结婚 |
[25:54] | Now she says it’s just jitters. | 现在她说这只是婚前恐惧 |
[25:55] | Well, you can’t tell Niles all this. | 你不能把这些都告诉Niles |
[25:58] | He says he’s happy with Mel. | 他说他和Mel在一起很开心 |
[26:00] | She says she’s happy with Donny. | 她说她和Donny在一起很开心 |
[26:02] | And I’m not sure I believe either one of them. | 但是我不确定我相信他俩 |
[26:03] | Just remember, Fras, | 要记住 Fras |
[26:05] | there are two marriages on the line here. | 这件事关系到两桩婚姻 |
[26:07] | So, before you get involved, you better make damn sure | 所以在你插手前 你最好能肯定 |
[26:09] | you know what you’re doing. | 你知道自己在做什么 |
[26:13] | Who blabbed? Roz? | 谁泄的密 Roz |
[26:16] | Yes, but she feels terrible. | 是的 但是她很内疚 |
[26:20] | Hello, boys. | 伙计们好 |
[26:21] | Hey… | 嗨 |
[26:22] | A pack of smokes, please, barkeep. | 请给我来一包烟 酒保 |
[26:25] | Oh, lovely spot, isn’t it? | 这地方真不错 是吧 |
[26:28] | I just took a nice little stroll outside | 我刚才去许愿井边 |
[26:31] | around the wishing well. | 散了个步 |
[26:32] | Oh. | 哦 |
[26:32] | That’ll be four dollars, please. | 四美元 谢谢 |
[26:34] | Oh, yeah, right. | 哦 对了 好吧 |
[26:36] | This ought to cover it. | 这些应该够了 |
[26:40] | Tim, what a surprise. | Tim 没想到会碰到你 |
[26:43] | I had no idea you’d be here. | 我根本不知道你会来 |
[26:45] | Simon Simon | |
[26:46] | come here. | 快过来 |
[26:48] | Show time. | 演出时间 |
[26:52] | Simon, this is my old friend Tim. | Simon 这是我的老朋友Tim |
[26:54] | He’s a computer programmer. | 他是一个程序员 |
[26:56] | Oh, what a coincidence. | 哦 太巧了 |
[26:58] | With me owning my own software company. | 我正好有自己的软件公司 |
[27:00] | Really? What sort of applications are you focused on? | 真的吗 你们现在正在开发哪一款应用程序 |
[27:03] | Voice recognition, data encryption, | 语音识别 数据加密 |
[27:06] | something I’m working on for NASA. | 还在为NASA做一些工作 |
[27:08] | Can’t discuss that one. | 但是不能讨论这个 |
[27:09] | Oh, very impressive. | 哦 真是令人印象深刻 |
[27:11] | And Roz, are you still producing? | Roz 你还在做制片人吗 |
[27:13] | I’ll say she is. | 当然了 |
[27:18] | Excuse me. | 借过一下 |
[27:23] | Mind if we join you guys? | 介不介意让我们加入 |
[27:24] | – Oh, sure. – Please. | – 当然不 – 请坐 |
[27:26] | There’s plenty of room. | 这里位置够大 |
[27:27] | Give me a beer, please. | 给我一瓶啤酒 谢谢 |
[27:30] | Sorry we didn’t get a toast | 很遗憾你没有 |
[27:31] | out of you, Mr. Crane. | 致祝酒词 Crane先生 |
[27:32] | Oh, I’m sorry. | 哦 抱歉 |
[27:33] | I really wanted to, Daphne. | 我当然很愿意 Daphne |
[27:34] | But I just felt kind of awkward. | 但是我觉得有点尴尬 |
[27:36] | Oh, it’s all right. | 哦 没关系的 |
[27:38] | Anyway, I should be toasting you. | 不管怎样 我应该向你敬酒 |
[27:40] | I’m going to miss you, you rotten old sod. | 我会想你的 你这个糟老头 |
[27:43] | Ballentine okay? | 百龄坛可以吗 |
[27:44] | Oh, yeah, that’s my beer. | 哦 是的 那是我最爱的啤酒 |
[27:46] | Yes. | 是的 |
[27:47] | You know, I just found out | 我刚刚才得知 |
[27:48] | they’re going to quit making this stuff. | 他们以后就不生产这种啤酒了 |
[27:49] | – Really? – Yeah. | – 真的吗 – 是的 |
[27:51] | There’s an end of a era. | 一个时代的终结 |
[27:52] | That’s right. | 是的 |
[27:53] | It’s going to be one sad day when I get down to my last one. | 当我坐下喝最后一杯酒的时候会很伤感 |
[28:00] | You know, it’s funny… | 你懂的 有意思的是 |
[28:00] | you get used to having something in your life. | 你慢慢对出现在自己生命中的事物习以为常 |
[28:03] | It’s part of your day. | 它变成你生活的一部分 |
[28:05] | Just take it for granted. | 你觉得一切都理所应当 |
[28:08] | Then suddenly it’s gone, | 然后突然间它消失了 |
[28:09] | and you realize how much it meant to you. | 你才发现它对你有多么重要 |
[28:18] | Hey, guys, great party. | 大家好 多么棒的晚宴 |
[28:21] | Oh, uh, Mel, why don’t you take my seat? | Mel 你来坐这儿吧 |
[28:23] | I’m going to sit here and enjoy the music. | 我想坐过去欣赏音乐 |
[28:25] | I’ll join you, Fras. | 我和你一起 Fras |
[28:26] | Take my beer over there. | 把我的啤酒拿过去 |
[28:27] | I just want to go to the restroom. | 我先去一下洗手间 |
[28:28] | You know, seeing that this is my | 这是我作为一个了无牵挂的 |
[28:30] | last night as a carefree bachelor, | 单身汉的最后一晚 |
[28:33] | would you care to dance, Miss? | 你愿意和我共舞吗 小姐 |
[28:34] | I’d love to. | 我很愿意 |
[28:44] | Well, certainly picked the perfect spot | 你们真是选了最完美的 |
[28:47] | for your wedding. | 结婚地点 |
[28:48] | It is, isn’t it? | 可不是 |
[28:49] | We’re doing the ceremony in the garden. | 我们会在花园里举行仪式 |
[28:51] | Oh. It’ll be beautiful. | 哦 太美妙了 |
[28:57] | I love this song. | 我喜欢这首歌 |
[29:00] | Well, where are my manners? | 我怎么能这么没礼貌 |
[29:01] | Would you like to dance? | 你愿意和我共舞吗 |
[29:02] | All right. | 好的 |
[29:04] | Give us a chance to keep an eye on those two. | 让我们有机会密切关注那两个 |
[29:16] | Oh… it’s been a while | 哦 离我们上次共舞 |
[29:18] | since we’ve danced together. | 已经过去很久了 |
[29:20] | Yes, it has. | 是的 很久了 |
[29:25] | Thanks for dinner. | 谢谢你的晚餐 |
[29:27] | It’s been a wonderful evening. | 今天晚上真是太棒了 |
[29:30] | It’s one of those times | 希望时间能 |
[29:31] | you just don’t want to end. | 就此停住 |
[29:45] | Excuse me, sir. | 打扰一下 先生 |
[29:46] | You mind if I cut in? | 介意我打断一下吗 |
[29:48] | Not at all. | 当然不会 |
[29:48] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[29:49] | Darling. | 亲爱的 |
[30:11] | What in the world was so urgent | 到底什么事情这么紧急 |
[30:13] | that you brought me all the way up here? | 你坚持要带我过来 |
[30:14] | Niles, just sit down. | Niles 坐好 |
[30:16] | Something I need to discuss with you. | 我要跟你说件事 |
[30:22] | I was watching you on the dance floor just now | 刚刚在舞池里的时候我一直在观察你 |
[30:26] | and the look in your eyes was unmistakable. | 你眼神里的东西太明显了 |
[30:28] | Well, can you blame me? | 你能怪我吗 |
[30:30] | Mel’s quite the little dancer. | Mel是个非常好的小舞蹈家 |
[30:31] | Of course, her vertigo does rule out | 当然了 她的眩晕症 |
[30:33] | any serious twirling, but… | 不允许她做旋转动作 但是 |
[30:36] | Niles, I’m talking about Daphne. | Niles 我说的是Daphne |
[30:39] | The way you were looking at her… | 你注视她的眼神 |
[30:42] | well, it just breaks my heart. | 这让我心碎 |
[30:45] | Frasier, it was one thing | Frasier 你前几天向我 |
[30:46] | when you were beating this drum the other day, | 敲边鼓是一回事 |
[30:48] | but I’m married now. | 但是我现在结婚了 |
[30:50] | What’s it going to take to convince you | 我怎样才能说服你 |
[30:51] | that I am over her? | 我和她已经结束了 |
[30:53] | She knows. | 她知道了 |
[30:56] | What? | 什么 |
[30:56] | Daphne knows that you have feelings for her. | Daphne知道了你对她的感情 |
[30:58] | She’s known for some time. | 她知道这件事有一段时间了 |
[31:00] | How? | 怎么会 |
[31:03] | Well, it’s a long story. | 这个说来话长 |
[31:08] | I think Roz said something. | 我觉得是Roz说出去的 |
[31:09] | Anyway, she knows. | 不管怎样 她知道了 |
[31:13] | I knew you thought my marriage to Mel was hasty | 我知道你觉得我和Mel的婚姻太仓促 |
[31:15] | but to poison it like this? | 但你怎么能这样破坏它 |
[31:17] | I’m not going to listen to this. | 我不想再听这些了 |
[31:18] | Niles, Daphne feels the same way about you. | Niles Daphne对你也有感觉 |
[31:24] | At least I think she does. | 起码我觉得她是的 |
[31:26] | She told me as much the other day | 她以前也这么跟我说过 |
[31:28] | and then she denied it once you got married. | 后来知道你结婚了 她就否认了 |
[31:30] | But I saw the way she was looking at you | 但是我刚刚在楼下看到了 |
[31:32] | downstairs just now. | 她注视你的眼神 |
[31:34] | Oh, my God. | 哦 我的天啊 |
[31:35] | Niles, I’m not in the habit | Niles 我并没有 |
[31:36] | of breaking up people’s marriages. | 破坏别人婚姻的习惯 |
[31:39] | But how could I not tell you? | 但是我怎么能不告诉你呢 |
[31:41] | You’re my brother. | 你是我的弟弟 |
[31:42] | I love you. | 我爱你 |
[31:43] | Niles, darling? | Niles 亲爱的 |
[31:45] | Yes, honey? | 怎么了 蜜糖 |
[31:47] | You left with our only room key. | 我们只有一把钥匙 在你身上 |
[31:48] | Oh, oh. Here. | 是的 给你 |
[31:50] | I’ll let you through this way. | 你从这边走吧 |
[31:52] | I am so sorry. | 我很抱歉 |
[31:53] | It’s all right. | 没关系 |
[31:55] | You have a whole lifetime to make it up to me. | 你有一辈子时间来补偿我 |
[32:10] | This is awful. | 这下糟糕了 |
[32:11] | I love Mel. | 我爱Mel |
[32:12] | It’s just… | 但是 |
[32:13] | Oh, I know. I know. | 哦 我懂 我懂 |
[32:16] | I have to talk to Daphne. | 我必须和Daphne谈谈 |
[32:18] | Come with me. | 跟我一起来 |
[32:19] | Maybe while I’m speaking to her, | 也许在我和她说话的时候 |
[32:20] | you can find some way to occupy…Donny! | 你能引开Donny的注意力 |
[32:23] | Hello, Daphne. | 你好 Daphne |
[32:24] | Hey, Doc. Things were getting | 嗨 医生 楼下的场面 |
[32:25] | a little too wild for us down there. | 对我们来说太狂野了 |
[32:26] | Oh, just as well. | 我们也这么觉得 |
[32:27] | We all have a very big day tomorrow. | 明天是非常重要的一天 |
[32:29] | About that, Daphne, can I have a word with you? | 说到这儿Daphne 我能跟你聊两句吗 |
[32:32] | – All right. – Go ahead. | – 好的 – 去吧 |
[32:33] | I’m going to get out of these shoes, | 我要赶紧把鞋脱了 |
[32:34] | and I’ll see you in a few minutes. Good night. | 一会儿见 晚安 |
[32:37] | You know, I’ll just brave the horde, | 我要勇敢地面对楼下的那群人 |
[32:39] | see if I can get myself a nightcap. | 看看能不能弄一杯睡前酒 |
[32:40] | Uh… good night. | 呃 晚安 |
[32:43] | Come in. | 进来吧 |
[32:50] | So, Daphne? | 那个 Daphne |
[32:50] | Yes? | 怎么了 |
[32:53] | May I offer you something to drink? | 你想喝点什么吗 |
[32:54] | Um, no, thank you. | 不了 谢谢 |
[32:56] | Oh, all right. | 哦 好的 |
[32:59] | Anyway, Daphne… | 总之 Daphne |
[33:00] | Perhaps an Orangina. | 可以来点法奇那 |
[33:01] | Oh, all right. | 哦 没问题 |
[33:01] | Maybe I’ll join you. | 我也来一点 |
[33:04] | Funny thing about Orangina– | 说起法奇那 好笑的是 |
[33:06] | I never buy Orangina at home, | 我在家从来没买过 |
[33:08] | but whenever I’m in a hotel and there’s a mini-bar, | 但是每当我住有小冰柜的旅馆时 |
[33:10] | it’s the first thing I go for. | 我首先会选择它 |
[33:13] | Orangina. | 法奇那 |
[33:25] | Anyway… I was just talk… | 总之 我刚才 |
[33:30] | talking to Frasier about a conversation | 跟Frasier谈到你们两个人 |
[33:32] | you two had. | 之间的一场对话 |
[33:34] | No, no. | 不 不 |
[33:35] | Don’t get upset. | 不要生气 |
[33:35] | I specifically asked him | 我特意请求他 |
[33:37] | not to say anything. | 什么都别说 |
[33:38] | What was he thinking? | 他在想什么 |
[33:39] | No, I’m glad he told me. | 不 我很高兴他告诉我了 |
[33:40] | Oh, yes. So we can have a big talk about it. | 哦 是的 这样我们就可以好好谈谈了 |
[33:42] | That’s what you psychiatrists always do | 这就是你们心理医生的毛病 |
[33:44] | drag everything out in the open | 把所有东西都摊到明面上 |
[33:45] | so we can work through it | 这样就能解决问题了 |
[33:47] | no matter how awkward it might be. | 也不管事情会变得多么尴尬 |
[33:48] | Well, I just don’t see the point. | 现在再说这件事还有什么意义 |
[33:49] | Daphne, I’m glad he told me | Daphne 我很高兴他告诉我了 |
[33:52] | because I love you. | 因为我爱你 |
[33:57] | Excuse me. | 打扰一下 |
[33:58] | Dad? | 老爸 |
[34:00] | Oh, I’m sorry. | 哦 对不起 |
[34:01] | I thought you were in here with Frasier. | 我以为你和Frasier在这里 |
[34:02] | The boys are playing a game | 男孩们在用苏打水水管 |
[34:03] | called William Tell with the seltzer hose, and… | 玩一个叫威廉泰尔的游戏 |
[34:08] | Uh, oh, well, uh… anyway. | 呃 哦 好吧 总之 |
[34:11] | Why don’t you two just go on doing whatever you were doing, | 不管你们刚才在干嘛 继续吧 |
[34:14] | and I’ll just, uh… | 我就 呃 |
[34:15] | I’ll be down in the lobby by the fireplace. | 我去楼下大厅的壁炉边坐着 |
[34:21] | Dr. Crane, you shouldn’t say such things. | Crane医生 你不应该说这些 |
[34:23] | It’s the truth. | 这是真心话 |
[34:25] | Lord knows, I have tried to deny it, | 天知道 我极力试图否认 |
[34:27] | tried to pretend that I’m over you, | 装作我已经不在意你了 |
[34:29] | but not a day has gone by | 但是我没有一天 |
[34:30] | when I haven’t thought of you– | 不在想着你 |
[34:32] | your smile, your beautiful eyes, | 你的笑容 你美丽的眼睛 |
[34:35] | what it would be like to hold your hands | 握住你的手会是什么样的感觉 |
[34:37] | and ask you the question I never dared ask… | 向你提出我永远不敢问的问题 |
[34:40] | What’s the difference between a blister and a boil? | 水泡和疖子之间有什么不同 |
[34:43] | Donny Donny! | |
[34:44] | I took my shoe off, | 我刚才把鞋脱了 |
[34:46] | and it was like I’m growing another anklebone down here. | 看起来我的脚上像是多长了个踝骨似的 |
[34:49] | Doc, you went to med school. | 医生 你上过医学院 |
[34:50] | What am I supposed to do with this? | 我该怎么治疗 |
[34:51] | Lance it or something? | 把它用刀划开还是怎么着 |
[34:52] | You know, as I recall | 在我的印象里 |
[34:54] | the best thing for that would be | 治疗这个的最好方法是 |
[34:56] | to soak it in tepid water | 把脚泡着温水里 |
[34:57] | for at least half an hour. | 最少泡半小时 |
[34:58] | All right. What luck, huh? | 好吧 什么运气啊 |
[35:00] | Can you imagine a worse thing could have happened to me | 你能想象在我结婚的前一天 |
[35:02] | the night before my wedding? | 还会发生更糟的事情吗 |
[35:09] | I don’t understand. | 我不明白 |
[35:10] | How come you never said anything before? | 为什么你以前什么都不说 |
[35:12] | Daphne, I wanted to. | Daphne 我想说 |
[35:13] | I just… the timing never seemed right. | 可是总是没有合适的时机 |
[35:15] | Oh, and the timing’s right now? | 哦 那现在时机合适吗 |
[35:17] | I’m 12 hours from the altar and you’re on your honeymoon. | 我还有12个小时就要结婚了 你还在度蜜月 |
[35:20] | I would never have gotten married | 如果我知道还有一点点 |
[35:22] | if I thought there was the slightest chance | 你回应我的感情的可能性 |
[35:23] | that you shared my feelings. | 我是绝不会结婚的 |
[35:25] | Trust me, Daphne, say the word, | 相信我 Daphne 说出心里话 |
[35:27] | and I will leave Mel in a heartbeat. | 我马上就离开Mel |
[35:30] | Niles Niles? | |
[35:30] | Darling. | 亲爱的 |
[35:32] | I was just looking over these brochures | 我正在研究我们 |
[35:34] | for our honeymoon. | 蜜月的宣传册 |
[35:34] | – Hi, Daphne. – Hi. | – 嗨 Daphne – 嗨 |
[35:35] | Now, the Danieli has a step-down tub, | 达涅利酒店有升降式浴缸 |
[35:37] | but the Gritti has the most romantic view of the Grand Canal. | 但是格里提宫酒店能看见大运河最浪漫的风景 |
[35:40] | What do you think? | 你觉得呢 |
[35:41] | I think a woman | 我觉得像你 |
[35:42] | with your exquisite taste | 这样品位高雅的女士 |
[35:43] | can handle this decision. | 能做出正确的选择 |
[35:45] | He says that now. | 他现在这么说 |
[35:46] | Wait till the honeymoon’s over. | 还不知道看蜜月结束的时候怎么抱怨呢 |
[35:52] | Don’t the doors in this bloody place lock? | 这个该死的地方的门都没锁吗 |
[35:54] | I’ll get this one. You get that one! | 我来关这扇门 你关那扇 |
[36:00] | Daphne, it is not too late for us. | Daphne 对我们来说还不算太迟 |
[36:03] | I meant what I said when I said I would leave her. | 我说了会离开她 我是认真的 |
[36:05] | That’s crazy. | 这太疯狂了 |
[36:06] | No, no, it’s not crazy | 不不 这不疯狂 |
[36:08] | if you feel the same way I do. | 如果我们之间有相同的感觉 |
[36:10] | But I need you to tell me, | 但是我需要你明白的告诉我 |
[36:12] | and I can accept it if the answer is no… | 如果你想拒绝 我也可以接受 |
[36:17] | how do you feel about me? | 你对我是什么感觉 |
[36:21] | Pardon. | 打扰了 |
[36:22] | Simon? How could you get in here? | Simon 你怎么进来的 |
[36:24] | Frasier loaned me his key, in a manner of speaking. | Frasier把他的钥匙借给我了 从某种意义上来说 |
[36:27] | I have to get some things out of the mini-bar. | 我要从小冰柜里拿点东西 |
[36:29] | I don’t want to get caught empty-handed | 我不想在酒吧打烊的时候 |
[36:31] | when last call comes. | 什么都没捞到 |
[36:35] | You’re not having a last call of your own in here, are you? | 你不会想在酒吧打烊后 在这里继续吧 |
[36:40] | Of course not. | 当然不会 |
[36:42] | Right. | 那就好 |
[36:44] | This isn’t the chap whose baby you’re having, is it? | 这位小伙不会是你怀的孩子的老爸吧 |
[36:47] | Excuse me? | 你说什么 |
[36:47] | I’m not pregnant! | 我没有怀孕 |
[36:50] | Simon Simon! | |
[36:51] | Bit of bad news. | 有个坏消息 |
[36:52] | Nigel Nigel! | |
[36:53] | Peter’s got sick into the piano | Peter吐在钢琴里了 |
[36:55] | so we’ve been asked to vacate the bar. | 所以他们把我们赶出来了 |
[36:56] | Bloody hell, Daphne. | 真糟糕 Daphne |
[36:58] | Nice hotel you picked. | 看你选的好酒店 |
[37:00] | Well, Nigel, I’m sure | 好了 Nigel 我相信 |
[37:00] | Daphne won’t mind we help ourselves | Daphne不会介意我们喝 |
[37:02] | to the contents of her mini-bar. Away you go. | 她的小冰柜里的酒 来吧 |
[37:04] | Right. Give us a hand, lads! | 说得对 搭把手 伙计们 |
[37:05] | Nigel Nigel! | |
[37:06] | Stephen Peter David Michael Billy Stephen! Peter! David! Michael! Billy! | |
[37:09] | What are you all doing in here? | 你们都在这儿干吗 |
[37:10] | So here you all are. | 原来你们都在这儿 |
[37:12] | What is the point of bringing the party | 那聚会为什么还要 |
[37:14] | down to the Winnebago | 在旅宿车里举行 |
[37:15] | when there’s a perfectly nice room right here? | 这里就有一个非常完美的房间 |
[37:17] | You’re not moving the party in here. | 你们不能把聚会搬到这里 |
[37:19] | Oh, Daphne | 哦 Daphne |
[37:20] | Don’t get your blood pressure up. | 注意控制血压 |
[37:22] | You’ve got your baby to think of. | 你要为你的宝宝着想 |
[37:24] | Here, have a drink | 给 喝杯酒 |
[37:25] | and relax… oh, God. | 放松一下 哦 天啊 |
[37:34] | I’m sorry about all that. | 对这一切我感到很抱歉 |
[37:36] | I must be in love. | 我一定深陷爱河 |
[37:37] | It doesn’t even bother me that you come with them. | 我一点也不介意你和他们是一家人 |
[37:45] | Lovely night, isn’t it? | 美好的夜晚 不是吗 |
[37:46] | Hmm. | 嗯 |
[37:47] | Stars are out. | 星星都出来了 |
[37:48] | There’s a nice breeze. | 微风怡人 |
[37:51] | Hmm? Night-blooming jasmine. | 嗯 夜晚盛开的茉莉 |
[37:55] | And of course, there’s the beautiful girl. | 当然了 还有一位美丽的姑娘 |
[37:57] | Dr. Crane, I still haven’t answered your question. | Crane医生 我还没有回答你的问题呢 |
[38:00] | Yes, I know. | 是的 我知道 |
[38:01] | That’s why I keep talking. | 所以我一直在说话 |
[38:04] | In case I don’t get the answer I want, | 即使得不得我想要的答案 |
[38:05] | I can at least make this moment | 起码我能让这一刻 |
[38:07] | last a little longer. | 持续得更久一点 |
[38:14] | I’m not sure if it’s jasmine or orange blossoms. | 我不确定开的是茉莉还是香橙花 |
[38:17] | You know, a lot of times… | 你知道吗 很多时候 |
[38:18] | Oh, for God’s sake, Dr. Crane. | 哦 看在上帝的份上 Crane医生 |
[38:34] | I think you can call me Niles now. | 我觉得从现在起你可以叫我Niles |
[38:47] | No. | 不可以 |
[38:49] | I don’t think I can. | 我想我不能 |
[38:53] | I do love you, but I can’t do this. | 我确实爱你 但是我不能这么做 |
[38:56] | W-w-well, I know it’ll be difficult, b-but… | 我知道这很难 但 但是 |
[39:00] | I will get a divorce, | 我会离婚的 |
[39:00] | and you can call off the wedding. | 你可以取消婚礼 |
[39:01] | I can’t. | 我不能 |
[39:04] | Donny is a dear and wonderful man, | Donny是一个极好的人 |
[39:06] | and I made a promise to him. | 我向他做出了承诺 |
[39:08] | And, Mel– you made more than a promise to her. | 还有Mel 你向她已经互许终身 |
[39:12] | We were supposed to forget that? | 我们可以把那些都抛诸脑后吗 |
[39:13] | For what? We have no idea how we’d be together. | 为了什么 我们还不知道在一起会怎样 |
[39:18] | For heaven’s sakes, we’ve never even been on a date. | 看在老天的份上 我们甚至都没有过约会 |
[39:22] | Daphne, take it from someone who knows. | Daphne 我有过切身的体会 |
[39:25] | You don’t want to spend half your life | 你不会愿意用后半生的时间 |
[39:26] | thinking about a chance you didn’t take. | 来追悔你没有把握的机会 |
[39:30] | I’m sorry. | 我很抱歉 |
[39:33] | My mind’s made up. | 我主意已定 |
[39:38] | I think we should say good night now. | 我觉得我们应该互道晚安了 |
[39:48] | Good night, Daphne. | 晚安 Daphne |
[39:51] | Good night, Dr. Crane. | 晚安 Crane医生 |
[40:12] | Hey, Niles. | 嗨 Niles |
[40:13] | Don’t tell me the ceremony’s over already. | 别告诉我仪式已经结束了 |
[40:15] | Oh, no, it hasn’t even started yet. | 哦 不 还没开始呢 |
[40:17] | Actually, we saw you heading over this way. | 我们看到你往这边走了 |
[40:19] | We thought maybe you could use some company. | 觉得也许你需要有人陪着 |
[40:20] | I just felt like some privacy. | 我只是想一个人待着 |
[40:22] | This is one wedding | 我觉得在这个婚礼上 |
[40:23] | I couldn’t see myself handling very well. | 我没办法很好地控制自己 |
[40:25] | Oh, lots of people cry at weddings. | 很多人都会在婚礼上哭的 |
[40:27] | Yeah, but not so many end up | 是的 但是很少有人 |
[40:28] | wailing and rending their garments. | 会一边嚎一边撕扯衣服 |
[40:32] | I appreciate your coming over, | 我很感激你们能过来 |
[40:33] | but I’d hate for you to miss it on my account. | 但是我不希望你们会因此错过婚礼 |
[40:35] | Actually, it’s been delayed a bit. | 其实婚礼被延后了一点 |
[40:36] | You see, the justice of the peace started out | 当地方法官请 |
[40:38] | asking the witnesses to step forward, | 证婚人(证人)站出来的时候 |
[40:40] | and three of Daphne’s brothers just ran off into the woods. | Daphne的三个兄弟突然冲进了丛林里 |
[40:44] | Ah. | 啊 |
[40:47] | – Hello. – Here’s your wine, sir. | – 你好 – 这是你的酒 先生 |
[40:49] | Yes. Thank you very much, young man. | 是的 非常感谢 年轻人 |
[40:50] | Uh, and, uh, this is for you. | 来 这是给你的 |
[40:54] | What is this? | 这是什么 |
[40:55] | Well, Niles, I got to thinking | Niles 我想了一下 |
[40:56] | about our old friend Morrie | 我们的老朋友Morrie |
[40:58] | and how he kept this bottle of wine his entire life | 他一辈子都珍藏着这瓶酒 |
[41:02] | waiting for a special occasion. | 等待着特殊的时刻 |
[41:05] | And then, I thought | 然后 我在想 |
[41:06] | what occasion am I saving it for? | 我在等什么样的特殊时刻呢 |
[41:08] | And then I thought about what a courageous thing | 我觉得你昨晚做了一件 |
[41:10] | you did last night– | 特别有勇气的事 |
[41:12] | taking that chance. | 把握了机会 |
[41:15] | And that’s worth a toast. | 它值得我们为此举杯 |
[41:16] | No, no, Frasier | 不 不 Frasier |
[41:17] | Niles, it’s too late. | Niles 来不及了 |
[41:18] | The foil is pierced. | 我已经把铝箔撕开了 |
[41:20] | I know this thing between you and Mel | 我知道你和Mel之间 |
[41:22] | seems kind of bad right now, but… | 现在看起来不是很好 但是 |
[41:24] | Oh, now, Dad, why do you say that? | 哦 老爸 你为什么这么说 |
[41:26] | Just because I spent the third night of my marriage | 只是因为我在新婚的第三晚 |
[41:28] | proposing to another woman? | 就向别的女人求婚吗 |
[41:31] | Well, I’m just saying | 好吧 我的意思是 |
[41:32] | that marriages survive all kinds of stuff. | 婚姻不论经历什么都有可能幸存 |
[41:34] | You know, you might still be happy. | 你还是有可能获得幸福的 |
[41:36] | Ten years from now, this could all be ancient history. | 十年之后 这些就都成了老黄历了 |
[41:39] | I hope you’re right. | 我希望你是对的 |
[41:41] | All right, gentlemen. | 好了 先生们 |
[41:42] | Here we are. | 让我们举杯 |
[41:44] | Dad, Niles– allow me. | 老爸 Niles 还有我自己 |
[41:50] | To better days. | 为了更好的明天 |
[42:06] | Dad, where did Morrie keep this? | 老爸 Morrie把酒放在什么地方 |
[42:08] | In his wine rack. | 在他的酒架上 |
[42:09] | Which is? | 在哪里 |
[42:10] | – In the boiler room. – Oh, Lord. | – 在锅炉房 – 哦 天啊 |
[42:12] | I’ll just save this little treat for later. | 好东西还是留到以后吧 |
[42:15] | Well, thanks for the thought. | 谢谢你的好意 |
[42:17] | You two should be running along. I’ll be fine. | 你们两位可以离开了 我会没事的 |
[42:19] | All right, well, take care, Niles. | 好吧 保重 Niles |
[42:22] | I saw a waiter | 我看见一个侍者 |
[42:23] | passing champagne just outside. | 正在外面送香槟 |
[42:25] | I’ll have him bring you a glass, so you can… | 我会让他给你送一杯 你可以 |
[42:26] | Get the taste out. Yes, thank you, Frasier. | 洗掉嘴里的味道 谢谢你 Frasier |
[42:44] | Come in. | 请进 |
[42:47] | Hello. | 你好 |
[42:49] | Daphne Daphne. | |
[42:51] | I was wondering… | 我想问一下 |
[42:53] | if you might be free for a date. | 你有时间和我约会吗 |
[42:56] | Oh, my God, yes. | 哦 我的天啊 当然 |
[42:59] | There’s plenty of time for that later. | 我们以后有很多时间继续抱 |
[43:01] | Let’s get this bloody boat moving. | 我们先把这辆该死的车开走 |
[43:03] | What… you mean now? | 什么 你是说现在吗 |
[43:06] | There’s about a hundred people back there | 那里大概有一百多位宾客 |
[43:07] | I’m not so keen on seeing. | 我可不想被看见 |
[43:09] | All right. | 没问题 |
[43:10] | Let’s go then. | 我们马上出发 |
[43:14] | Fasten your seat belt, Daphne. | 系好你的安全带 Daphne |
[43:16] | Fasten yours, Niles. | 系好你的安全带 Niles |