时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:09] | – Hey, Frasier. – Oh, hi, Roz. | – 嘿 Frasier – 哦 嘿 Roz |
[00:12] | Ah, checking out the personal ads, huh? | 啊 在看个人广告呢 |
[00:14] | Actually I, I’m looking at the want ads. | 其实吧 我是在看求职广告 |
[00:17] | I’m trying to find a housekeeper. | 我想找个管家 |
[00:19] | Now that Daphne is Niles’ girlfriend, | 现在Daphne已经是Niles的女朋友了 |
[00:21] | it doesn’t feel right for me | 再让她帮我干这干那的 |
[00:22] | to ask her to pick up after me anymore, so… | 我总觉得不太合适 |
[00:25] | It’s awfully difficult finding someone, though. | 但是想找个合适的人实在是太难了 |
[00:27] | It’s hard getting what you want these days, isn’t it? | 现在想找点自己真正喜欢的东西越来越难了是吧 |
[00:30] | Indeed. | 可不嘛 |
[00:31] | But you can still find | 但是只要你找对地方 |
[00:32] | convenience and value if you know where to look. | 还是会有意想不到的惊喜哦 |
[00:36] | – Dear God, what are you selling? – Wrapping paper. | – 我的老天爷 你要推销啥 – 包装纸 |
[00:39] | It’s a fundraiser for Alice’s school. | 是为了给Alice的学校募捐的 |
[00:41] | – Well, at least it’s a worthy cause. – Yeah. | – 哦 起码还是为了件好事儿 – 是呀 |
[00:44] | All right, let’s have a look. | 好吧 来看一看 |
[00:47] | Oh, that one’s too garish. | 哦 那个太花哨了 |
[00:50] | I don’t like this one either. | 这个我也不太喜欢 |
[00:52] | Ooh, I’m certainly not crazy | 哦 我肯定是不会喜欢 |
[00:53] | – about Garfield. – Oh, give me that. | – 加菲猫的嘛 – 给我拿来 |
[00:56] | You’re getting five rolls of Peace on Earth | 你就给我买五卷和谐地球的那个 |
[00:58] | – and thanks for your support. – Roz. | – 非常感谢你的支持 – Roz |
[01:02] | Macchiato. | 玛琪雅朵 |
[01:04] | Make it a doppio. | 要双份的量 |
[01:09] | Niles Niles. | |
[01:10] | Niles, please, whatever’s wrong, the answer doesn’t lie | Niels 拜托 不管发生了什么 也不能在 |
[01:13] | at the bottom of an espresso cup. | 咖啡杯里找答案啊 |
[01:16] | It’s Mel again. | 还是Mel的事 |
[01:18] | Oh, Lord. Still making you humiliate yourself at social functions | 呃 我天 还是让你继续在公共场合出丑 |
[01:21] | while she plays the long-suffering wife? | 好扮演忍受苦难的妻子的角色吗 |
[01:23] | I’m afraid so. | 可不是嘛 |
[01:24] | But she said a couple more weeks and I’ll have my divorce. | 但是她说了再过几周我们就能离婚了 |
[01:27] | She said that two weeks ago. | 她两周前就是这么说的 |
[01:31] | What was it this time? | 这次又要怎么样 |
[01:32] | Well, we attended Colonel Turner’s very large, | 我们参加了Turner上校非常盛大 |
[01:35] | very high-Episcopalian funeral. | 非常圣公会教式的葬礼 |
[01:37] | During the course of which, my cell phone rang repeatedly. | 在葬礼过程中我的手机不停地响 |
[01:40] | I was not allowed to answer it. | 但是她不让我接 |
[01:42] | And Mel had set the ringer on “La Cucaracha.” | 还把铃声设成了”蟑螂之歌” |
[01:49] | – Oh, Niles, I’m so sorry. – Oh, it’s all right. | – 哦 Niles 我太抱歉了 – 啊 没事 |
[01:51] | No, I called you twice. | 不是 我给你打了俩电话 |
[01:57] | Well, I ruined quite a sendoff. | 反正我是毁了整个仪式 |
[01:59] | There was an honour guard, the colonel’s butler seating people. | 有一位荣誉抬棺人 上校的管家安排座位 |
[02:02] | – Two archbishops presiding… – Did you just say butler? | – 两位主教在主持 – 你刚是说管家吗 |
[02:05] | Oh, yes, I know. An honest-to-goodness English butler. | 哦 是啊 是一个正牌儿的英国管家 |
[02:09] | The colonel was a bit of an anachronism. | 上校有点过时了 |
[02:11] | Oh, yes. It’s amusing, really. | 可不是嘛 真好笑 |
[02:13] | I suppose this butler saw to the colonel’s every need. | 不过我猜这个管家肯定能满足上校的所有需求吧 |
[02:15] | Oh, yeah, and clipped his cigars, poured his scotch. | 对啊 为他剪雪茄啊 倒威士忌啊 |
[02:18] | Laid out his clothes for him and served him his meals. | 帮他选好衣服 服侍他三餐啊 |
[02:23] | – I saw him first. – You had a gardener and maid. | – 是我先发现他的 – 你已经有园丁和女仆了 |
[02:25] | – Yes, but never a butler. – But it’s my turn. – But it’s my dream. | – 但是没管家 – 但是轮到我了 – 这是我的梦想 |
[02:27] | Daphne won’t have to clean anymore. | Daphne再也不用打扫卫生了 |
[02:30] | I tip my cap, sir. | 向你脱帽致敬 先生 |
[03:05] | Ah. | 啊哈 |
[03:06] | Ferguson, is it morning already? | Ferguson 已经到早晨了吗 |
[03:08] | Indeed, sir. I trust you slept well. | 正是 先生 看来您休息得很好 |
[03:11] | Best sleep I’ve had in years. | 几年来最好的一觉了 |
[03:13] | – Excellent. Your coffee, sir. – Thank you. | – 太好了 您的咖啡 先生 – 谢谢 |
[03:15] | To think I was sceptical when | 想到我昨天居然质疑你 |
[03:16] | you said these pillows could be better arranged. | 你重新整理了枕头这一手真不赖 |
[03:18] | Yes. Preparing a suitable sleeping environment | 是啊 营造舒适的睡眠环境 |
[03:21] | is one of the first tasks I learned at my father’s knee. | 是我从家父那承袭来的第一门课 |
[03:25] | – Oh, your father also buttled? – Oh, yes, sir. | – 你的父亲也是管家吗 – 是的 先生 |
[03:28] | Even my father’s father was a gentleman’s gentleman. | 我父亲的父亲也是一位绅士的绅士(管家) |
[03:31] | Ha-ha. That’s a good one, Ferguson. | 哈哈 这句有意思 Ferguson |
[03:34] | Thank you, sir. It’s one of my staples. | 谢谢您 先生 这是我的卖点之一 |
[03:38] | Will it be breakfast en suite today, sir? | 您要在卧室用早餐吗 |
[03:41] | No, I believe I’ll join the rest of the household. | 不用了 我跟大家一起吃吧 |
[03:43] | Very good, sir. | 很好 先生 |
[03:46] | Thank you, Ferguson. | 谢谢你 Ferguson |
[03:48] | Ah, you spoil me. Keep it up. | 啊 你真是把我惯坏了啊 继续继续 |
[03:56] | Good morning, Dad, Daphne. | 早啊 爸 Daphne |
[03:57] | – Fras. Where’s Lord Weirdo? – Good morning. | – Fras 奇葩大人呢 – 早啊 |
[04:02] | Dad, his name is Ferguson. | 爸 人家叫Ferguson |
[04:10] | Good morning, Dr. Crane’s residence. | 早上好 Crane医生家 |
[04:12] | Oh, good morning, Dr. Crane. | 哦 早上好 Crane医生 |
[04:16] | Well, thank you, sir. Your phone manner is also delightful. | 哦 谢谢您 先生 您的电话礼仪也很令人愉快 |
[04:21] | – It’s Dr. Crane for you, miss. – Oh, thank you. | – 是Crane医生找您 小姐 – 哦 谢谢你 |
[04:24] | Hello, Niles. Oh, yes. | 嘿 Niles 哦 是啊 |
[04:28] | – Dear God. – What’s wrong? | – 我的老天爷 – 怎么了 |
[04:30] | That politicking Alan Murchie | 那个热衷政治活动的Alan Murchie |
[04:32] | has just been elected president of the opera board. | 刚刚被选为歌剧院董事会的主席了 |
[04:34] | Yeah, I’ll never forget where I was when I heard the news. | 是啊 绝对忘不了我是在哪听到这个消息的 |
[04:40] | This pinhead is president, I can’t even get on the board. | 这个傻瓜都能当主席 我却连董事会都进不去 |
[04:43] | And what will you be sending to congratulate Mr. Murchie, sir? | 那您准备送什么礼物给他表示祝贺呢 先生 |
[04:47] | Curses and epithets is all he’ll get from me. | 诅咒和绰号就是我送他的大礼了 |
[04:49] | Quite right. | 很好 |
[04:50] | However, a well-chosen gift might draw the eye of Mr. Murchie | 不过 一个精心挑选的礼物也许会引起Murchie |
[04:55] | as he considers a replacement | 先生的注意 好让他考虑一下董事会 |
[04:57] | for his now-vacated seat on the board. | 他空出来的那个位置的人选 |
[05:03] | Well… | 那 |
[05:07] | If it will make you happy, Ferguson, | 要是这么做能让你高兴的话 Ferguson |
[05:08] | let’s send him a bottle of Chateau Beliveau. | 就送他一瓶贝力弗酒庄的红酒吧 |
[05:12] | If I may, sir, I’ve overheard Mr. Murchie | 恕我直言 先生 我偶然听Murchie先生说起过 |
[05:14] | speak fondly of the family villa in Umbria. | 他在翁布里亚有个乡间豪宅 |
[05:18] | He may consider a wine from that region especially thoughtful. | 要是送他一瓶那个地区产的酒会显得很有心吧 |
[05:26] | It’s a little on the nose, but fine. | 有点太明显了 不过就这么着吧 |
[05:30] | I love you too. Bye. | 我也爱你 拜 |
[05:34] | – Manchester, right? – Is it that obvious? | – 曼彻斯特人 对吧 – 这么明显吗 |
[05:37] | God, to me it is. My mum’s from Manchester. | 对我来说是的 我妈妈是曼彻斯特人 |
[05:40] | Used to scream her lungs out for United. | 为了曼联肺都要吼出来了 |
[05:42] | Is that so? | 是吗 |
[05:43] | My Uncle Jack once tried to get | 我叔叔Jack有次一直磨着 |
[05:45] | Bobby Charlton’s autograph, until Bobby | Bobby Charlton 要他的亲笔签名 |
[05:47] | cracked him over the head with a can of lager. | 结果被人家用一瓶啤酒砸中了头 |
[05:49] | Twelve stitches, and he still has the can! | 缝了十二针 到现在他还留着那个易拉罐呢 |
[05:54] | – Here, let me give you a hand tidying up. – Oh, thank you, miss. | – 来 我帮你一起收拾吧 – 哦 谢谢 女士 |
[05:56] | You know, you needn’t stand on ceremony for Dr. Crane’s father. | 其实你不用对Crane医生的爸爸也这么注重礼仪的 |
[06:00] | He prefers it if you’re more informal. | 他希望你能随意一些 |
[06:02] | Oh, that’s rather difficult for me. | 哦 那对我来说太难了 |
[06:04] | I’m accustomed to formality. | 我已经十分习惯一切按规矩来 |
[06:06] | Besides, I find it’s more professional. | 而且 这也是更加专业的体现 |
[06:08] | It helps draw the line between a family and its servant. | 有助于划清家人与仆人的界限 |
[06:12] | Are you referring to Niles and me? | 你指的是Niles和我吗 |
[06:14] | Well, that’s none of my business. | 这并不关我的事 |
[06:16] | No, it’s all right. We’re together. | 没什么 还好啦 我们在一起了 |
[06:18] | He told me he’d been in love with me for seven years, | 他告诉我他爱了我七年了 |
[06:20] | and I couldn’t help but fall head over heels. | 我知道之后完全无法控制地坠入爱河 |
[06:23] | It was like a fairy tale. | 简直像童话故事一样 |
[06:25] | Seven years? He sounds shy. | 七年 他听起来好害羞啊 |
[06:30] | Oh, he is. | 是啊 很害羞 |
[06:32] | He was also married for much of the time. | 而且这其中的大部分时间他都是已婚状态 |
[06:36] | But now your prince is free. | 但是现在您的王子自由啦 |
[06:37] | Almost. He married someone else. | 快了 他又娶了别人 |
[06:40] | I see. | 这样啊 |
[06:42] | No, you don’t understand. | 不是的 你不明白 |
[06:44] | Once that divorce goes through, we’ll be together forever. | 一旦离婚的程序走完了 我们就会永远在一起了 |
[06:48] | Well, I hope it’s moving swiftly through the courts. | 我希望在法庭上会很顺利 |
[06:50] | Oh, he hasn’t filed yet. | 哦 他还没递交材料呢 |
[06:52] | But when his wife thinks the time is right, | 但是一旦他太太觉得是时候了 |
[06:54] | which is soon, he will. | 她就快这么觉得了 他就会递交材料的 |
[06:56] | Well, not that she’s in charge of us. | 也不是说她在管着我们 |
[06:58] | Oh, look, I’ve given you the wrong impression. | 唉 瞧我说的 都让你误会了 |
[07:00] | Miss Moon, please understand that | Moon小姐 请理解我并不是 |
[07:02] | this is not meant to be cruel. | 故意说得很残酷 |
[07:05] | But I’ve witnessed much heartbreak in my career, | 但是在我的职业生涯中真的目睹了很多悲剧 |
[07:08] | and I’ve come to know that an employee-employer romance | 而我也终于明白主仆之间的感情 |
[07:13] | has little chance of success. | 是非常难有结果的 |
[07:15] | The status relationship will always exist. | 阶级差异真的会一直出现 |
[07:19] | Thank goodness I’m not as cynical as you are. | 感谢上帝我可不像你这么愤世嫉俗 |
[07:22] | True love is stronger than status. | 真爱会战胜阶级差异的 |
[07:24] | I don’t care what anyone says or thinks. | 我不在乎别人怎么说怎么想 |
[07:27] | Niles and I are in love. | Niles和我相爱就够了 |
[07:31] | Yeah, and don’t spread that around. It’s a secret. | 不过别告诉别人哈 这是个秘密 |
[07:37] | Next. | 下一个 |
[07:42] | Next. | 下一个 |
[07:46] | Next. | 再下一个 |
[07:47] | Oh, Shark Week. At ease. | 哦 鲨鱼周 就这个吧 |
[07:52] | Good day, all. | 大家好啊 |
[07:53] | Hey, Fras, how’d your lunch go with that opera guy? | 嘿 Fras 你跟那个歌剧院的人午饭吃得怎么样啊 |
[07:56] | Excellent, not only did Murchie rave | 非常好 Murchie不仅觉得我送的 |
[07:58] | on and on about the bottle of Umbrian wine I sent, | 翁布里亚酒很棒 |
[08:02] | but he intimated that I was opera board timber. | 他还暗示了我是当歌剧院董事的料 |
[08:07] | Now all we have to do is continue my charm offensive | 现在要做的就是在其他候选人 |
[08:10] | with the other board members. | 身上下功夫了 |
[08:11] | Then might I suggest a party sir? | 那我可以建议开个派对吗 |
[08:13] | Oh, I’m way ahead of you this time. I was thinking of a little | 哦 这次我比你想得周到 我想 |
[08:16] | post-opera soiree next week | 在下周图兰朵首演夜举办一个 |
[08:18] | after the opening of Turandot. | 演出后的庆祝派对 |
[08:20] | If I may take the liberty, sir, | 恕我直言 先生 |
[08:22] | perhaps holding the party | 对年龄稍长一些的观众来说 |
[08:23] | prior to the opera might be easier on the older guests. | 是不是演出之前的派对更好一些 |
[08:27] | Yeah, it’s a good thinking, yes, yes. | 是啊 想法不错 是的是的 |
[08:29] | it’s a very nice spin on my initial, uh… insight of the party. | 很好啊 跟我想到一块了 差不多吧 |
[08:33] | You flatter me, sir. | 您过奖了 先生 |
[08:41] | – Hello, Niles. – Hello, Frasier. Ah yes, Ferguson! | – 嘿 Niles – 嘿 Frasier 啊 Ferguson |
[08:45] | – How do you do, sir? – Very well. | – 一切都好吗先生 – 非常不错 |
[08:47] | – May I take your coat, sir? – Certainly. | – 要我帮您拿外套吗 先生 – 好的 |
[08:56] | – Sherry, Dr. Crane? – Oh, thank you, Ferguson, | – 雪莉酒吗 Crane医生 – 哦 谢谢 Ferguson |
[08:58] | but even as we speak, I have a bottle of Veuve Clicquot | 话说这上下 我家正冰着一瓶 |
[09:00] | chilling in my apartment. And you know the old caution: | 凯歌香槟呢 有句话说得好啊 |
[09:03] | Champagne after sherry makes tummy grow wary. | 雪莉之后喝香槟 肚子受苦可不轻 |
[09:08] | You have your brother’s wit, sir. | 您和您哥哥一样机智 先生 |
[09:15] | So, Niles, you’re awfully chipper today. | Niles 今天看起来心情不错啊 |
[09:17] | And why not? Daphne and I are going out on a date. | 哪能不开心啊 我要跟Daphne去约会了 |
[09:22] | Well, Niles, what if somebody sees you and reports back to Mel? | 呃 Niles 要是有人看见你们去告诉Mel了怎么办 |
[09:25] | Mel be damned. | 我管Mel呢 |
[09:27] | Daphne and I are going | Daphne和我要去我的公寓 |
[09:28] | to have a romantic evening together at my apartment. | 度过一个浪漫的晚上 |
[09:30] | Not only that, she’s going in my car, in my backseat, | 不仅如此 她还要坐进我的车里 |
[09:34] | under a pile of my coats and blankets. | 躺在后座上 藏着我的大衣堆下面 |
[09:39] | – That’s my cell phone. – Shall I? | – 是我电话在响 – 我接好吗 |
[09:41] | – Can he? – Would you? | – 他能接吗 – 你要接吗 |
[09:46] | Dr. Crane’s line. | 这里是Crane医生 |
[09:48] | – I’m ready. – Oh, Daphne, you look ravishing. | – 我好啦 – 哦 Daphne 你好漂亮啊 |
[09:52] | Oh, thank you. | 哦 谢谢 |
[09:55] | It’s Mrs. Crane, sir. | 是Crane太太 先生 |
[10:02] | Hello, Mel. | 你好 Mel |
[10:04] | What? | 什么 |
[10:06] | Wait a minute, I thought | 等等 我还以为我们已经达成共识 |
[10:06] | we agreed 24-hours notice. You can’t just… | 要提前24小时做出通知呢 你不能就 |
[10:11] | All right, I’ll see you then. | 好吧 那等会见 |
[10:14] | Everything all right, Niles? | 没出什么事吧 Niles |
[10:16] | It’s Mel. She’s having tea with her sorority sisters | 是Mel 她和什么妇女联谊会的朋友们喝茶呢 |
[10:18] | and would like me to show up. | 想让我过去一下 |
[10:20] | Late, of course, and preferably boorish. | 说太晚了 而且还十分的胡搅蛮缠 |
[10:22] | Oh, for Pete’s sake, I | 哦 看在老天爷的份上 |
[10:24] | thought this was supposed to be over by now. | 这种事还有完没完了 |
[10:26] | Yes, well, so did I, but as Mel so politely reminded me, | 是啊 我也以为都过去了呢 但是Mel好心提醒我 |
[10:29] | if I want this divorce to be quick and simple, | 要是我想赶快妥妥离婚 |
[10:31] | I have to dance to her tune. | 就得按照她说的来 |
[10:37] | I’m sorry. You understand, don’t you? | 我很抱歉 你会理解的 是吗 |
[10:39] | – I guess so. – That’s my girl. Come here. | – 我猜是吧 – 这才是我的宝贝 来 |
[10:43] | – I will make this up to you. I promise. – You better get going. | – 我一定会补偿你的 我保证 – 你快走吧 |
[10:55] | You heard, didn’t you? | 你都听到了 是吗 |
[10:58] | No, I don’t need that. I mean, I know he loves me. | 不 我不需要那个 我知道他爱我 |
[11:02] | But it took him seven years to tell me. | 但是他花了七年时间才告诉我 |
[11:04] | His ex-wife walked all over him, | 他的前妻一直控制着他 |
[11:06] | and now Mel’s doing the same thing. | 现在Mel又在做着同样的事情 |
[11:08] | What, is it gonna take another seven years | 还要怎样 难道要再花七年时间 |
[11:10] | before he stands up for himself or for us? | 他才肯为了我们的事站出来反抗吗 |
[11:12] | – Why do you suppose he hasn’t? – I don’t know. | – 您怎么知道他没有反抗呢 – 我不知道啊 |
[11:17] | For the first time, I’m beginning to wonder if… | 这是我第一次开始怀疑 |
[11:20] | If maybe there are too many differences. | 也许确实有太多的困难要克服了 |
[11:24] | Maybe he feels he has too much to lose. | 也许他觉得他要牺牲太多的东西 |
[11:27] | Oh, God, Ferguson, maybe you were right. | 哦 上帝啊 Ferguson 也许你说的是对的 |
[11:45] | I hope everything meets with your approval, sir. | 我希望您对一切都满意 先生 |
[11:47] | Oh, yes, indeed, indeed. | 哦 是的 非常好非常好 |
[11:50] | Where’s Dad’s chair? | 老爸的椅子呢 |
[11:51] | I took the liberty of removing it for the party. | 我自作主张把它搬走了 |
[11:53] | But Dad will be furious. | 那我爸肯定要气死了 |
[11:56] | And I completely forgot. He’ll be here, | 我完全忘记了 他也会在这的啊 |
[12:00] | swigging from a can and guessing women’s weight. | 痛饮啤酒 乱猜女人的体重 |
[12:02] | I’ll be blackballed. | 我肯定进不了董事会了 |
[12:05] | Oh, Dad, listen, about tonight… | 哦 爸 你听我说 今晚吧 |
[12:07] | Yeah, I’d love to hobnob and whatnot, | 是啊 我是很乐意聊聊喝喝酒的 |
[12:09] | but the Town Car’s waiting to take me to the game. | 但是有辆林肯豪车正等着带我去看比赛呢 |
[12:11] | Thanks for the tickets, Fras. | 谢谢你的票啦 Fras |
[12:13] | Fergie Fergie. | |
[12:16] | Your meatloaf sandwich, sir. | 您的肉卷三明治 先生 |
[12:18] | And your finger. | 还有您的道具手指 |
[12:29] | – I hope you don’t mind, sir. – Not at all. | – 希望你别介意 先生 – 一点都不 |
[12:32] | Ferguson, positions. | Ferguson 就位 |
[12:36] | Oh, Niles, what are you doing here? | 哦 Niles 你怎么来了 |
[12:38] | Oh, Frasier, don’t panic. I’m not crashing your party. | 哦 Frasier 别害怕 我不是来破坏你的派对的 |
[12:40] | I’m here to pick up Daphne. We’re going to the mall. | 我是来接Daphne的 我俩要去逛商场 |
[12:43] | Really? | 是吗 |
[12:44] | Well, no chance of running into Mel there. | 不会在那儿碰见Mel吧 |
[12:47] | Should be a night to remember. | 今晚会很棒的 |
[12:48] | We’re going someplace called The Limited. | 我们要去的地方叫做”极限” |
[12:52] | Well, Daphne, why aren’t you dressed? | Daphne 你怎么没穿好衣服呢 |
[12:55] | I’m not sure if I’m up to going out tonight. | 我不知道我是不是还想出去了 |
[12:57] | I really hate all this sneaking around. | 我真的不喜欢总是偷偷摸摸的 |
[12:59] | It’s not sneaking around. | 不是偷偷摸摸啊 |
[13:01] | We’re gonna be out in public at the Tacoma Mall. | 我们光明正大的去Tacoma商场啊 |
[13:05] | And the most important thing is we’ll be together. | 而且最重要的事是我们在一起啊 |
[13:09] | All right. I suppose that really is what matters. | 好吧 我猜这才是我最在乎的吧 |
[13:13] | Now, tell me again, what are we going to eat? | 那 再告诉我一次 我们要吃什么来着 |
[13:15] | – Curly fries. – Ooh. | – 卷卷炸薯条 – 哦 |
[13:21] | Good evening, and welcome to the home of Dr. Frasier… | 晚上好 欢迎光临Frasier Crane医生的 |
[13:23] | Oh, save it. It’s just Roz. | 哦 别说了 是Roz |
[13:25] | – What are you doing here? – Oh, your gift wrapping came in. | – 你来干嘛 – 哦 你的包装纸到了 |
[13:30] | I thought I just ordered a few rolls. | 我以为我就买了几卷而已啊 |
[13:32] | You were more generous than you thought. | 你比你想象的慷慨 |
[13:34] | – I’ll put it in your room, sir. – Yeah. | – 我把它们放进您卧室去 先生 – 好的 |
[13:36] | You look like a gift giver. | 你看起来像是会送礼物的人诶 |
[13:38] | Roz, you put it in my room. He’s working. | Roz 你去放进我卧室去 他忙着呢 |
[13:43] | Alan Murchie, lovely to see you. | Alan Murchie 见到你很高兴 |
[13:46] | Likewise. I don’t think you’ve met my wife, Diane. | 我也是 你应该没见过我太太Diane吧 |
[13:49] | Ah. Enchanté | 啊 你好 |
[13:51] | And this is Henry Worth, another board member. | 这位是Henry Worth 另一位董事会成员 |
[13:53] | Haha, Henry. Lovely to meet you. | 哈哈 Henry 很高兴见到你 |
[13:55] | – May I take your coats? – Oh, thank you. | – 我帮您拿外套好吗 – 哦 谢谢 |
[13:58] | Yeah. | 好的 |
[14:00] | Frasier, isn’t that the colonel’s old butler? | Frasier 他是之前上校的管家吗 |
[14:02] | Yes, Ferguson. | 是的 Ferguson |
[14:04] | My sense of duty compelled me to take him in | 我的使命感驱使我在上校去世之后 |
[14:06] | after the colonel passed. | 将他招来我这里工作 |
[14:08] | Yes. We felt the same sense of duty toward his art collection. | 是啊 我们对他的艺术藏品也有这种使命感 |
[14:12] | Oh, that’s very droll. | 哦 您太有意思了 |
[14:16] | Excuse me. | 失陪一下 |
[14:19] | Collection. And the Family Pack really is your best value. | 收藏 而且家庭装真的是最划算的 |
[14:22] | Roz, Roz, what are you doing out here? | Roz Roz 你在干嘛呢 |
[14:24] | I’m sure Mr. Worth isn’t interested in gift wrapping. | 我肯定Worth先生对你的包装纸不感兴趣 |
[14:26] | Nonsense. She’s delightful. | 胡说 她很可爱啊 |
[14:29] | Now, what kind of deal would you give me | 那 我要是买一百卷 |
[14:31] | if I bought a hundred rolls? | 你打多少折呢 |
[14:33] | I’d take off 20 percent. | 八折 |
[14:34] | And what would you take off if I bought 5000 rolls? | 我要是买五千卷你打多少折呢 |
[14:41] | Everything but my bracelets. | 除了手链以外的全部 |
[14:45] | Yes, sir. | 好的 先生 |
[14:53] | Ah! Ted and Lois. Oh, please, come in. | 啊 Ted lois 你们来了 快请进 |
[14:57] | I hope you don’t mind, but | 我希望你不介意 不过我们 |
[14:58] | we had an extra ticket, so we brought a friend. | 多了一张票 所以带了个朋友来 |
[15:00] | Well, of course. The more the merrier. | 当然不介意了 人多更热闹嘛 |
[15:02] | Good evening, Frasier. | 晚上好 Frasier |
[15:04] | Mel, what a delightful surprise. | Mel 真是太惊喜了 |
[15:08] | I had no idea you knew the Fishers. | 我不知道你认识他们啊 |
[15:11] | Niles, look who’s here. | Niles 快看谁来了 |
[15:14] | – Darling. – Niles. | – 亲爱的 – Niles |
[15:17] | I didn’t think I’d see you here tonight. | 我不知道你也在这 |
[15:18] | I thought you were working late. | 我以为你去加班了 |
[15:20] | Oh, lucky me. | 哦 我真幸运啊 |
[15:22] | No. Lucky me. | 不 是我真幸运 |
[15:25] | Lucky all of us. Please, won’t you sit down? | 咱都幸运哈 快请坐吧 |
[15:29] | What…what are you doing here? | 你 你来这干嘛 |
[15:31] | Look, I didn’t know we were stopping by here on our way, | 听着 我不知道我们中途会来这 |
[15:34] | so just put on your party face and deal with it. | 所以就给我好好演这出派对戏吧 |
[15:36] | Well, I’m sorry, I have plans. | 哦 抱歉 我有别的安排了 |
[15:38] | Yes, you do. To be by your wife’s side. | 对啊 你有 陪着你太太 |
[15:40] | Everybody good? Everybody happy? | 大家都好着呢吧 都挺开心的吧 |
[15:42] | Let’s try to respect the feelings and long-held dreams of others. | 让我们稍微在意一下别人的感受和长久的梦想哈 |
[15:45] | Don’t worry, Frasier, everything’s going to be fine. | 别担心 Frasier 一切都很好啊 |
[15:47] | Fine? Fine for whom? Is that code? What does that mean? | 好 对谁好 指什么 到底什么意思 |
[15:53] | Daphne, Daphne, I’m so sorry. | Daphne Daphne 真是太对不起了 |
[15:55] | Listen, this party can’t last more than an hour, | 听我说 这个派对最多一个小时 |
[15:57] | and after that, we’ll have the whole evening together. I promise. | 之后一整晚我们都在一起 好不好 我保证 |
[16:01] | Please, don’t make any more promises you can’t keep. | 求你 别再保证你办不到的事了 |
[16:03] | Oh, Niles, come over here and listen to Ted’s funny joke | 哦 Niles 过来听Ted讲 |
[16:05] | about Communists and heaven. | 共产党员与天堂的笑话 |
[16:07] | Oh, I’m laughing already. | 哦 我已经在笑了 |
[16:12] | – Frasier, this party is a triumph. – Oh, well… | – Frasier 这个派对太成功了 – 哦 是吧 |
[16:14] | I shouldn’t be telling you this, | 我本来不该告诉你的 |
[16:15] | but if my straw poll is any indication, | 但如果我的民意调查结果可信的话 |
[16:18] | we may be seeing you at the next board meeting. | 我们也许会在下次董事会上见啊 |
[16:21] | Oh, well, I hope you don’t think that’s why I did this. | 啊 我可不希望你觉得这才是我开派对的目的 |
[16:25] | But it’s certainly a nice fringe benefit. | 不过确实是个不错的锦上添花 |
[16:28] | I’m no farmer, Crane, | 我不是农民 Crane |
[16:29] | but I can smell manure a mile away. | 不过一里外的粪肥都逃不过我的鼻子 |
[16:33] | You’ll be a welcome addition. | 你会是个很受欢迎的新成员的 |
[16:37] | Oh, Ferguson. Ferguson, listen. | 哦 Ferguson Ferguson 听着 |
[16:38] | Make sure that everyone has a champagne. | 确保每人手里都有香槟 |
[16:40] | I have a little toast in mind that I daresay will seal the deal. | 我要祝个酒 这事就水到渠成了 |
[16:47] | By the by, don’t make any plans for New Year’s Eve. | 对了对了 新年前夜别安排计划啊 |
[16:50] | Lo and I are having a blowout at our Mercer Island place. | Lo和我想在我俩Mercer岛的房子那办个小聚会 |
[16:53] | Well, that’s a very generous offer, but… | 真是太慷慨了 但是 |
[16:55] | Oh, we’d love to. | 哦 我们会去的 |
[16:57] | It’ll give me a chance to wear that new Valentino | 正好有机会让我穿一下我圣诞节 |
[17:00] | – I might be getting for Christmas. – Miss Moon? | – 可能会收到的华伦天奴礼服啊 – Moon小姐 |
[17:03] | Er, Mel, may I see you for a moment? | 呃 Mel 我能跟你说句话吗 |
[17:05] | – Well, actually, l… – No, thank you, thank you. | – 呃 其实吧 我 – 不行 谢谢 |
[17:07] | Excuse us. Excuse us just one second. | 抱歉 抱歉 马上就好 |
[17:10] | New Year’s Eve with you? Are you out of your mind? | 跟你一起过新年前夜 你疯了吗 |
[17:12] | Keep your voice down. | 小声点 |
[17:14] | Look, I have gone along with this charade because I hurt you, | 我之所以跟着你演这出戏因为我确实伤害了你 |
[17:16] | but now you’re just dragging it out to be vindictive. | 但是你现在这么做就是在报复了 |
[17:19] | I’m not gonna tolerate it any longer. | 我不会再继续忍耐下去了 |
[17:20] | Oh really? And what’re you gonna do about it? | 哦 是吗 那你想怎么办啊 |
[17:22] | – Keep pushing me, you’ll find out. – Don’t threaten me. | – 再逼我试试 你就知道了 – 别吓唬我 |
[17:25] | You made a promise, and you’re going to keep it. | 你自己承诺的 你就得遵守 |
[17:28] | Your wrap, madam. Dr. Crane thanks you for coming. | 您的外套 夫人 Crane先生感谢您的光临 |
[17:31] | Ferguson, Ferguson, what in blue blazes are you doing? | Ferguson Ferguson 你这是干嘛啊 |
[17:34] | Perhaps to spare you some embarrassment, sir, | 可能会让你不用太难堪吧 先生 |
[17:36] | – I took the liberty… – Stop. | – 我自作主张 – 好了 |
[17:38] | You’ve been taking far too | 你已经自作主张地 |
[17:38] | much liberty with the liberty-taking. Please. | 让你的自作主张过头了 够了 |
[17:41] | Just see that everyone has some champagne. | 快去看看是不是大家手里都有香槟 |
[17:43] | Yes, sir. | 好的 先生 |
[17:45] | There’s no need to leave. I would like to propose a toast. | 请留步 我想要大家举个杯 |
[17:48] | No, Mel, why don’t you listen for once? I’m through. | 不 Mel 你为什么就不肯听我一次 我受够了 |
[17:51] | I’ll tell you when you’re through, you spineless twit, | 我告诉你什么叫受够了 你个无脊椎的蠢货 |
[17:53] | and you’re not even close! | 你离受够了还远着呢 |
[17:55] | Opera time! Opera time! | 歌剧时间到 歌剧时间到 |
[17:58] | On to the show. | 赶快去剧院吧 |
[18:00] | That’s it, Mel. I’m sick of these games. | 行了吧 Mel 我受够了这些把戏 |
[18:02] | – Niles, don’t make a scene. – I don’t care. | – Niles 别哗众取宠 – 我不管 |
[18:04] | I love Daphne and I’m not | 我爱Daphne 我不会再让她 |
[18:06] | putting her through this torture another second. | 多受一分钟这样的苦 |
[18:08] | This sham of a marriage is over. | 这桩虚假婚姻到此结束 |
[18:15] | It’s all right, dear. | 没事的 亲爱的 |
[18:16] | We’ve known for some time he doesn’t deserve you. | 我们早就知道他配不上你 |
[18:19] | Well, you’ve seen what I have to put up with. | 你们看到我一直都在忍受什么了吧 |
[18:21] | I’ve tried so hard. I really have. | 我尽力了 我真的尽力了 |
[18:24] | I don’t know how you’ve put up with him this long. | 我不知道你这么久以来是怎么忍受他的 |
[18:26] | – I just want out. – Don’t worry. | – 我只想离开这里 – 别担心 |
[18:27] | I’ll handle the divorce papers personally. | 我亲自来处理离婚文书 |
[18:30] | This jackass will be out of your life by the end of the week. | 这个混蛋这周之内就会永远从你生活里消失了 |
[18:33] | You mean it? | 你说真的吗 |
[18:36] | See you around, Crane. | 回头见 Crane |
[18:41] | I love you too. | 我也爱你 |
[18:46] | Oh, come on, Frasier, you don’t wanna spend the evening | 哦 行了吧 Frasier 你自己也不愿意跟这些 |
[18:49] | with those snobs anyway. | 势利小人们在一起的好吗 |
[18:51] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[18:51] | – Coming, Roz? – Yeah, I’ll be right there. | – 来吗 Roz – 来来来 这就来 |
[18:58] | I’m just getting an early start on the candy drive. | 我只是想早点开始准备万圣节的糖果嘛 |
[19:03] | Frasier, I’m…I’m sorry I ruined your evening. | Frasier 我 我真的很抱歉破坏你的派对 |
[19:07] | That’s all right, Niles. | 没事的 Niles |
[19:09] | It’s a small price to pay to finally see you and Daphne together. | 看到你和Daphne能在一起了 我比什么都高兴 |
[19:12] | It’s true. We’re free. No more hiding. | 确实啊 我们自由啦 再不用躲躲藏藏了 |
[19:16] | Where do you wanna go? Dinner? Dancing? London? Paris? | 你想去哪里 晚饭 跳舞 伦敦 巴黎 |
[19:22] | Why don’t we go for a walk? | 我们去散个步好吗 |
[19:24] | – Even better. – If you’ll allow me. | – 那更好了 – 如果不介意的话 |
[19:29] | – Thank you, Ferguson. – My pleasure, sir. | – 谢谢你 Ferguson – 不客气 先生 |
[19:36] | – Thank you, Ferguson. – It was my privilege, Ms. Moon. | – 谢谢你 Ferguson – 这是我的荣幸 Moon小姐 |
[19:48] | All right, Ferguson, | 好了 Ferguson |
[19:49] | we’ve got some fences to mend with the board. | 我们得想办法修补一下跟董事会的关系了 |
[19:54] | What do we send, and to whom do we send it? | 我们要送点什么 送给谁 |
[19:56] | Actually, sir, I regret to | 其实 先生 我很抱歉地告诉您 |
[19:58] | inform you that I must tender my resignation. | 我必须要递交我的辞呈了 |
[20:01] | Please, don’t be upset things didn’t go well this evening. | 不要啊 请别对今晚的事感到失望 |
[20:03] | I’ll make it up to you. Send yourself something. | 我会补偿你的 给你自己送点什么吧 |
[20:09] | Thank you, sir, but it’s not you. | 谢谢您 先生 但不是因为您 |
[20:13] | It was your brother and Ms. Moon. | 是因为您弟弟和Moon小姐 |
[20:16] | His willingness to break social rank has inspired me. | 他想要打破社会阶级的决心鼓舞了我 |
[20:20] | And there’ a certain Lady Westerfield | 有一位Westerfield夫人 |
[20:23] | whose acquaintance I’d like to renew. | 我想要去修补我们的关系 |
[20:26] | Ah. True love and all that. | 啊 真爱之类的事情 |
[20:29] | Well, good luck, Ferguson. | 好吧 祝你好运 Ferguson |
[20:33] | Thank you, sir. | 谢谢您 先生 |
[20:34] | Now, if you’ll excuse me, I had rather a difficult evening. | 如果你不介意的话 这一晚上很难熬 |
[20:39] | Think I’ll just go take a sad soak in the tub. | 想要去泡个澡哭一会 |
[20:44] | Sir, after such an evening, | 先生 经过了这样一个晚上 |
[20:47] | it’s not right for a man to draw his own bath, | 实在不适合让您一个人去准备洗澡水 |
[20:50] | so if I may take the liberty… | 所以如果我能自作主张 |
[20:56] | Carry on, Ferguson. | 请吧 Ferguson |