时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:12] | Hello. | 你好 |
[00:13] | Niles! You’re 40 minutes late. | Niles 你迟到了40分钟 |
[00:15] | I’ve just finished my third basket of bread, | 我刚吃完了第三篮面包 |
[00:17] | and there is an angry mob breathing down my neck. | 身后有一群怒气冲冲的暴民朝我喘着粗气 |
[00:21] | Oh. | 哦 |
[00:23] | You’ve torn your trouser cuff. I’m so sorry. | 你扯坏了你的裤脚 太糟糕了 |
[00:26] | For God’s sakes, will you hurry it up? | 看在上帝的份上 你能快点吗 |
[00:28] | More hemming, less hawing. All right. | 多卷两下 别磨磨蹭蹭 行了 |
[00:31] | I’ll hold our table. | 我来守住咱们的桌子 |
[00:35] | Roz Roz Doyle Roz. Roz Doyle. | |
[00:38] | I’ll be right back. | 我马上回来 |
[00:40] | – Hi, Frasier. I’m on a date. – Hi, Roz. | – 你好Frasier 我正在约会呢 – 你好 Roz |
[00:42] | – Please don’t screw it up. – No, I won’t. | – 别坏我的好事 – 我不会的 |
[00:45] | Niles is running a little late, and I was just hoping | Niles迟到了 我只是想 |
[00:47] | maybe I could join you and your lucky chap for a drink while I wait for him. | 和你还有你的同伴喝一杯 顺便等他 |
[00:50] | I really don’t think so. | 我真的不想这样 |
[00:51] | It’s kind of a romantic evening. | 这应该是个浪漫的夜晚 |
[00:53] | Roz this crowd is starting to get ugly. | Roz 这群人快变得面目可憎了 |
[00:54] | Would you please just let me come over there till Niles gets here, please? | 你能让我过去待到Niles过来吗 拜托 |
[00:56] | – Oh, all right, come on. – Thank you. | – 好吧 来吧 – 谢谢 |
[01:10] | – Hi. – Luke Parker, | – 你好 – 这位是Luke Parker |
[01:11] | Frasier Crane. | 这位是Frasier Crane |
[01:12] | He’s joining us for a quick drink. | 他只是过来和我们喝一杯 |
[01:13] | Great, I’ve heard your show. | 太好了 我听过你的节目 |
[01:15] | – Nice to meet you. – Oh, likewise. | – 很高兴见到你 – 彼此彼此 |
[01:18] | So, uh, well, uh, how did you two kids meet? | 呃 你们是怎么遇见的 |
[01:22] | Actually I just moved to Seattle a month ago. | 其实我一个月前才搬到西雅图 |
[01:24] | I live on a boat, and as I was pulling into the slip, | 我住在船上 当我把船开进码头的时候 |
[01:26] | Roz was standing right there on the dock. | Roz就站在那里 |
[01:30] | Right there on the dock, you say? Well, hmm… | 就站在码头上 是吧 |
[01:33] | – I do live next to the marina. – Ah, yes, yes, yes. | – 我确实住在码头边 – 啊 是的是的是的 |
[01:38] | – So, Luke, you’re a boat enthusiast? – Do you know anything about boats? | – Luke 你是船类爱好者吗 – 你了解船吗 |
[01:41] | Well, actually, on my show, I sometimes compare the human psyche | 我有时在节目里会把人类的心智比作 |
[01:44] | to a sailboat that’s borne along the surface of the conscious mind | 在意识的表面随波逐流的帆船 |
[01:49] | while the deeper waters of the subconscious navigate the rudder. | 其实真正操纵航行方向的是深水里的潜意识 |
[01:54] | – So I guess the answer would be no. – Yes. | – 所以我猜你的回答是不了解 – 是的 |
[01:58] | Oh, my babysitter. I’ll be right back. | 是我的保姆 我马上回来 |
[02:00] | – Right, right. – Excuse me. | – 好的 好的 – 见谅 |
[02:01] | Of course. | 没关系 |
[02:06] | – So. – So. | – 那么 – 那么 |
[02:10] | You know, uh, actually, I’m not a total stranger to the old H2O. | 其实我对老式水上运动不是一无所知 |
[02:14] | – I did row crew at Harvard. – I went to Harvard. | – 我在哈佛参加过赛艇队 – 我也上了哈佛 |
[02:17] | Ah, Harvard. Mm, God, those were the best years of my life. | 哈佛 那段时间是我人生中最美好的年华 |
[02:22] | You know there’s nothing like that sense of accomplishment you get | 没有什么时候能比拿到学位证书的 |
[02:24] | when they actually hand you that diploma, is there? | 那一刻更有成就感了 不是吗 |
[02:28] | I dropped out. | 我退学了 |
[02:31] | Well, you didn’t miss much. | 你也没错过什么 |
[02:33] | I just got frustrated reading about other people’s experiences | 只能在书中读别人的故事 而自己却毫无经验 |
[02:36] | and never having any of my own. | 这让我很沮丧 |
[02:38] | So I dropped out, I built my own boat, and I sailed around the world. | 所以我退学了 我自己造了艘船去环游世界 |
[02:41] | Yeah, sometimes there’s more adventure than I bargained for. | 有时冒险会比我预期的更刺激 |
[02:44] | Like, uh, 20-foot seas off the Hebrides | 比如只差20英尺就撞上赫布里底群岛 |
[02:46] | or, uh, the time pirates rammed my boat and robbed me at gunpoint. | 还有一次海盗撞了我的船然后持枪抢劫 |
[02:51] | Oh, yeah, those guys can be pretty rough. | 哦 这些家伙非常粗暴 |
[02:53] | – You’ve had experience with pirates? – Oh, no. No, no, it’s just | – 你和海盗打过交道吗 – 不不不 |
[02:57] | I saw a special once on 60 Minutes | 我看过一期<60分钟>的特别节目 |
[03:01] | You know, you should really write down some of these stories. | 我觉得你应该把这些故事写下来 |
[03:04] | I’ve thought about it, but I’m not much of a writer. | 我想过 但我不是个合格的作家 |
[03:06] | Don’t let that stop you. All you gotta do is just get it down on paper, | 别放弃 你只需要先写下来 |
[03:08] | and then sort it out later. | 细节以后再解决 |
[03:10] | You know, I’d be happy to lend a critical eye. | 我很愿意为你点评一二 |
[03:12] | – Thanks. Might take you up on that. – Okay. | – 谢谢 很可能需要你的意见 – 没问题 |
[03:15] | I have to go. Alice got a bead stuck up her nose. | 我不得不走了 Alice把珠子卡进了鼻子里 |
[03:18] | Oh, Lord. | 天啊 |
[03:19] | There’s gotta be some way to baby-proof her nostrils. | 应该为她的鼻孔做好婴儿防护 |
[03:22] | I’m sorry, Luke, we have to go. | 我很抱歉 Luke 我们得走了 |
[03:24] | You know, I… I could drop him off. | 我可以送他一程 |
[03:26] | – Well, Frasier, that’s very nice, but – No, no, it’s fine. | – 哦Frasier 你真好 但是 – 不不 没关系 |
[03:28] | You go take care of Alice and I’ll hang out with Frasier. | 你去照顾Alice 我和Frasier聊聊 |
[03:31] | Well, don’t you have to meet Niles? | 你不是要见Niles吗 |
[03:32] | Oh, he’s had a tailoring emergency. It could be hours. | 哦 他突发缝纫紧急状况 大概要几个小时 |
[03:36] | – Well, I’ll call you tomorrow, Luke. – Okay. | – 那我明天再打给你 Luke – 好的 |
[03:38] | – Bye – Bye, Roz | – 再见 – 再见 Roz |
[03:40] | He thinks I’m 31, and I was in a Whitesnake video. | 他以为我31岁 而且在白蛇乐团视频里出过镜 |
[03:50] | – Hi, Dad, welcome home. – Oh, Fras, didn’t hear you come in. | – 嗨 老爸 欢迎回家 – 哦 Fras 没听到你进来 |
[03:52] | – How was the fishing trip? – It was great. | – 钓鱼之旅怎么样 – 非常好 |
[03:54] | The worst day of fishing beats the best day of working. | 最差的钓鱼天也比最好的工作日强 |
[03:57] | Well, now that you’ve proven it, can we take the sign out of the bathroom? | 你已经证明这一点了 能把浴室的标语撤了吗 |
[04:01] | Oh, uh, Fras, you had a phone call a little while ago. | 对了 Fras 刚才有电话找你 |
[04:04] | Uh, some guy by the name of Lou or maybe… | 有个叫Lou还是什么的家伙找你 |
[04:06] | – Luke? – Yeah, Luke, that’s it. | – Luke – 是的 Luke 就是这个 |
[04:08] | Yeah, said he’d call back later. | 他说一会儿再打给你 |
[04:10] | Real friendly guy. Who is he? | 真是友好的家伙 他是谁 |
[04:12] | Roz’s new boyfriend. They’re getting quite serious. | Roz的新男友 他们还挺认真的 |
[04:14] | – And he and I have hit it off as well. – Oh, that’s great. | – 他跟我也挺合拍的 – 哦 挺好的 |
[04:18] | Actually, it is. | 其实是好事 |
[04:19] | With Niles spending more time with Daphne, | 现在Niles花越来越多的时间陪Daphne |
[04:20] | I don’t have anybody to pal around with. | 我又没有什么亲近的朋友 |
[04:23] | And, you know, he’s a really interesting guy. | 而且他是一个非常有意思的家伙 |
[04:25] | He sails around the world locating shipwrecks | 他驾船环游世界搜寻沉船 |
[04:27] | – and salvaging treasure. – Oh. | – 打捞宝藏 – 是吗 |
[04:29] | Yeah, he tells some incredible stories. | 是的 他有一些非常有意思的经历 |
[04:32] | You know, it’s refreshing really. Usually, I’m the cool friend. | 让人耳目一新 通常情况下我才是更酷的那一位 |
[04:41] | – Sounds a little freewheeling for you. – Oh, really? | – 对你来说好像有点太随心所欲了 – 真的吗 |
[04:44] | Well, he’s planning to salvage a French trader | 他接下来计划在不列颠哥伦比亚海岸 |
[04:46] | off the coast of British Columbia next, and he’s invited me along. | 打捞一艘法国商船 他还邀请了我 |
[04:49] | That should be fun. | 听起来挺有意思 |
[04:50] | You need a Dramamine patch just to get into the bathtub. | 你进浴缸之前还要吃片晕船药呢 |
[04:56] | – Ah, Niles. – Hello. | – 啊 Niles – 你好 |
[04:58] | Behold, the prodigal pup returneth. | 看 浪子小狗回归了 |
[05:00] | Oh, look who’s here. Come on, boy. | 哦 看看谁回来了 快过来小家伙 |
[05:03] | Come on. There you go. Oh, yeah. | 快过来 对啦 哦 |
[05:06] | Thanks for taking care of him while I was gone, Niles. | 多谢你在我不在的时候照顾它 Niles |
[05:09] | – You’re quite welcome. – It was very thoughtful of you. | – 不用客气 – 你真是太体贴了 |
[05:12] | Unlike some people I know. | 不像某人 |
[05:14] | Dad,it was absolutely essential that I have my floors refinished, | 爸 重新抛光地板是绝对必要的 |
[05:16] | thanks to Edward Scissorpaws there. | 这还要多谢那位剪刀爪爱德华 |
[05:21] | Oh, thank you, Niles. | 谢谢你 Niles |
[05:23] | Hello. Yes, this is Frasier Crane. | 你好 是的 我是Frasier Crane |
[05:27] | What? I never touched your wife. | 什么 我从来没有碰过你太太 |
[05:30] | Never! Good Lord, I’ve never even heard of… | 绝对没有 天啊 我从来没有听说过 |
[05:34] | Oh, Luke. Oh, God, you got me again. | 哦 Luke 天呐 你又骗到我了 |
[05:38] | God. You know, that’s six to one. I did so get one. | 天啊 现在六比一了 我就是赢了一分 |
[05:44] | – Hey, Niles. – Hello, my love. | – 嗨 Niles – 你好 我的宝贝 |
[05:46] | Oh, I’m sorry, I must look a mess. | 哦 对不起 我看起来一定一团糟 |
[05:48] | I’ve been cleaning fish all afternoon. | 我整个下午都在处理鱼 |
[05:50] | Oh, please, your beauty cannot be obscured | 哦 哪有 你的美丽不会被小小的 |
[05:53] | by mere entrails or scales or… | 鱼内脏或鱼鳞掩盖 |
[05:56] | Is that an eye? | 那是一只鱼眼吗 |
[05:59] | – I’ll go wash up. – Oh, if you like. | – 我去洗干净 – 哦 随你喜欢 |
[06:07] | Hope Eddie wasn’t a lot of trouble. | 希望Eddie没有太麻烦你 |
[06:08] | Please, Dad, he was the perfect houseguest. | 别这么说 爸爸 它是完美的客人 |
[06:11] | Give me the details. Did he eat? | 跟我说说细节 它吃东西吗 |
[06:12] | Oh, like a horse. | 哦 像马一样能吃 |
[06:14] | – Slept well? – Like a log. | – 睡的好吗 – 像木头一样沉 |
[06:15] | – Was he regular? – We’re done here, Dad. | – 排便正常吗 – 话题到此结束 爸爸 |
[06:19] | Just want you to know, I really appreciate what you did for me. | 只是想跟你说 我非常感激你为我做的一切 |
[06:22] | Please, it was my pleasure. I’m really gonna miss the little guy. | 别这样说 我很乐意 我会想念这个小家伙的 |
[06:24] | – We actually started to bond. – Oh, that’s great. Oh. | – 我们都开始有感情了 – 哦 那太好了 |
[06:31] | What’s this tag? | 这标签是什么 |
[06:32] | Oh, uh… That’s nothing. That’s, uh…They put that on at the park. | 哦 额 那没什么 那只是 他们在公园给它带上的 |
[06:36] | Bark Avenue? That’s a kennel. | 犬吠大街 那是个狗舍 |
[06:39] | You dumped him off at a kennel? | 你把它扔在狗舍了 |
[06:41] | No, no, Dad, actually, it’s more of a spa than a kennel. | 不不 爸爸 与其说是狗舍不如说是水疗中心 |
[06:45] | I trusted you with Eddie and you betrayed that trust. | 我把Eddie托付给你 你却背叛了我的信任 |
[06:48] | Why’d you do it, son? | 你为什么这么做 儿子 |
[06:51] | Well, Dad, | 这个 爸爸 |
[06:52] | It took Italian artisans three weeks to stain my Venetian umbrella stand, | 意大利工匠花了三周才漆好我的威尼斯伞架 |
[06:56] | and it took Eddie about 20 seconds. | Eddie二十秒钟就毁掉了 |
[06:59] | If I wanted him in a kennel, I would’ve put him in one myself. | 如果我想让它住狗舍 我自己会送它去 |
[07:02] | – Well, Dad, I’m sorry. – Well, so am I. | – 爸爸 我很抱歉 – 嗯 我也是 |
[07:05] | Come on, Eddie, I’ll give you a bath. | 过来 Eddie 我给你洗个澡 |
[07:08] | Who knows what you picked up in that flea-trap. | 谁知道你在那个跳蚤旅馆惹上了什么东西 |
[07:11] | Well, it was a lot nicer than that place you made us stay at Yellowstone. | 那也比你让我们在黄石公园住的旅馆好多了 |
[07:18] | – Oh, hi, Roz. – I need a drink and I need it fast. | – 哦 嗨 Roz – 我要喝一杯 马上 |
[07:21] | I’ll get the sherry. | 我给你倒雪莉酒 |
[07:23] | Don’t waste your time. I’ve got grown-up problems. | 别浪费时间了 我的问题可不是小儿科 |
[07:28] | Ah, the 25-year-old Glenfarclas. | 啊 二十五年的格兰花格陈酿 |
[07:32] | Excellent choice. No sense going for the 12-year-old stuff. | 明智的选择 没理由喝只酿了十二年的东西 |
[07:36] | – Luke’s a slimebag. – Oh, what happened? | – Luke是个恶棍 – 哦 怎么了 |
[07:40] | I saw him sitting in a cafe with his arms around some blond. | 我看见他在咖啡馆搂着一个金发姑娘 |
[07:43] | They were all over each other. I told him off. We’re through. | 他们一直亲亲抱抱 我斥责了他 我们结束了 |
[07:47] | I’m so sorry, Roz. Come here. Oh… | 我很遗憾 Roz 过来吧 |
[07:52] | – I really liked him. – I know. | – 我真的喜欢他 – 我知道 |
[07:54] | – I thought he liked me. – Yes. | – 我以为他也喜欢我 – 是的 |
[07:55] | Gosh, I just got off the phone with him and he didn’t even mention it. | 我刚和他通过电话 他提都没提这件事 |
[07:58] | He can’t possibly think I’d still be his friend after he treated you this way. | 他不会以为他这样对待你 我和他还能做朋友 |
[08:01] | Well, I’m really glad to hear you say that, Fraiser. | 我很高兴你这么说 Fraiser |
[08:03] | I mean, you were my friend first. | 你首先是我的朋友 其次才是他的朋友 |
[08:05] | Yes, of course. | 是的 当然了 |
[08:06] | Oh, come on, I’ll get you through this. Come on. | 哦 好了 我会陪你渡过难关 来吧 |
[08:12] | Thank you, Frasier. | 谢谢你 Fraiser |
[08:14] | You know what? I’m feeling better already. | 你知道吗 我已经觉得好多了 |
[08:17] | Oh, maybe I don’t even need that. | 哦 也许我不需要这个 |
[08:35] | Frasier Frasier. | |
[08:38] | – What are you doing? – Uh… | – 你来做什么 – 额 |
[08:40] | I was just returning your Chapman’s Nautical Guide there. | 我只是来还你的 <查普曼航海指南> |
[08:44] | – I just wanted to drop it off, actually. – Without saying hello? | – 其实我打算放下书就走 – 都不打声招呼吗 |
[08:49] | Well, I had a talk with Roz. | 可是 我和Roz谈过了 |
[08:53] | Oh, I see. | 哦 我懂了 |
[08:56] | Well, look, if it makes any difference, | 好吧 如果这么说有帮助的话 |
[08:57] | that woman was an old girlfriend. | 那个女人只是我的前女友 |
[08:59] | She came to town, invited me to lunch, | 她进城了 邀我共进午餐 |
[09:01] | we ordered martinis, and the next thing you know, | 我们点了马提尼 接下来 |
[09:04] | she was all over me. | 她就对我上下其手 |
[09:06] | – You know how it is. – Of course, I mean… | – 你知道是怎么回事 – 当然 我懂 |
[09:11] | But, uh… Roz is my friend. | 但是 Roz是我的朋友 |
[09:16] | Take care. | 保重 |
[09:19] | – You too, Frasier. – Okay. | – 你也是 Frasier – 好的 |
[09:20] | By the way, thanks for your advice. | 对了 谢谢你的建议 |
[09:22] | I, uh… I started writing down | 我 开始写作了 |
[09:24] | – some of those stories. – Oh. | – 关于旅行中的故事 – 哦 |
[09:25] | I wrote the one about the pirates and the South American one. | 我写了一个海盗的故事和一个南美的故事 |
[09:28] | Oh, great. Don’t forget the one about the giant squid. | 很好 别忘了那个巨型乌贼的故事 |
[09:30] | That was just a joke. | 那只是个玩笑 |
[09:33] | Gosh, you did it again, didn’t you? | 天啊 你又骗我 是吧 |
[09:36] | Oh, you know, I’m gonna miss that. | 你知道 我会怀念它的 |
[09:40] | Ah… | 啊 |
[09:41] | – See you around. – Okay. | – 回见 – 没问题 |
[09:45] | Say, Luke, uh, you know, here’s a tip | 对了 Luke 我再给你个小建议 |
[09:49] | You might try writing in the present tense. | 你应该用现在时写作 |
[09:51] | It has a way of giving things a sense of urgency. | 这样会将故事渲染得更有紧迫感 |
[09:53] | That’s great. I’ll try it. | 太棒了 我会试一试 |
[09:57] | Of course, if you hadn’t been so thoughtless, | 如果你没有做出那些事 |
[09:58] | we’d be heading for that sushi bar right now and be reviewing those notes. | 我们现在已经在那家寿司店讨论你的文章了 |
[10:01] | Yeah? Maybe that waitress would be there. | 是吗 也许那个服务员也在那儿 |
[10:04] | – I think she likes you. – Oh, she does not. | – 我觉得她喜欢你 – 哪有 |
[10:08] | – You know what’s ironic? – Mm? | – 你知道讽刺的地方在哪里吗 – 嗯 |
[10:10] | If I had met you separately from Roz, this wouldn’t even be an issue. | 如果我不是因为Roz而认识你 这一切根本不成问题 |
[10:15] | No, it wouldn’t. | 是的 没错 |
[10:16] | And you know, truth be told, when you think about it, | 你知道吗 说实话 如果你仔细想想 |
[10:19] | I mean, our friendship does exist independently of her. | 我们的友谊是独立于Roz而存在的 |
[10:22] | That’s true. I mean, if you take Roz out of the equation, | 这倒是真的 如果把Roz从这段关系中删掉 |
[10:25] | – does our friendship disappear? – It shouldn’t. | – 我们的友谊会消失吗 – 不会 |
[10:28] | Of course, for Roz’s sake, we’d have to keep this between ourselves. | 当然了 为了Roz 我们对此要保守秘密 |
[10:31] | – No need to rub it in her face. – Oh, agreed. | – 没有必要刺激她 – 我同意 |
[10:33] | But, for the record, I do not condone your behaviour. | 但是我要声明 我不宽恕你的行为 |
[10:37] | I wouldn’t expect you to. | 我不指望你能原谅 |
[10:40] | I hope they haven’t run out of yellowtail. | 希望他们的黄狮鱼还没有卖完 |
[10:48] | Here | 这里 |
[10:49] | Thanks for dragging me out of the house. | 谢谢你带我出门 |
[10:51] | It’s been a rough week, it sure helps to have a friend like you | 这一周我过得很不顺 还好有你这样的朋友 |
[10:53] | Yeah. | 没错 |
[10:55] | Roz, trust me, you will eventually get over Luke. | Roz 相信我 你最终会忘记Luke的 |
[10:58] | Well, he’s not having any trouble getting over me. | 他忘掉我可是不费吹灰之力 |
[11:01] | I saw him leaving his boat last night with someone. | 我看见他昨晚和某个人一起上了岸 |
[11:04] | Really? Did you, uh…? | 真的吗 你有没有 |
[11:06] | – Did you get a good look at them? – Only from behind, some fat chick. | – 你有没有好好看清楚 – 只看到背影 是个胖妞 |
[11:14] | Fat? Well, it was kind of cold out last night. | 胖 好吧 昨晚外面有些冷 |
[11:17] | – There may have been layers involved. – Yeah, layers of fat. | – 也许是多穿了几层 – 是的 多穿了几层脂肪 |
[11:22] | Frasier, it’s getting so late. I should go. | Frasier 已经很晚了 我该走了 |
[11:25] | – Oh, uh, right, okay. – Thanks for listening. | – 哦 好的 没问题 – 谢谢你听我抱怨 |
[11:27] | Well, of course, Roz. | 当然了 Roz |
[11:29] | If you ever see me falling for some creep like that again, smack me. | 如果你再看到我为那样的变态倾心 给我一巴掌 |
[11:32] | Don’t give it another thought. You know what? He’s not worth it. | 别再多想了 你知道吗 他不值得 |
[11:35] | – Good night. – Good night. | – 晚安 – 晚安 |
[11:42] | Luke? It’s Fras. | Luke 我是Fras |
[11:44] | Yeah. Uh, listen, I’m free, and I thought maybe I’d swing by. | 是的 听着 我有空了 我想去你那里一趟 |
[11:48] | We can, uh, go over and catch Marsalis at the jazz cafe? | 我们可以在爵士乐咖啡馆听Marsalis |
[11:50] | Yeah, because thar he blows. | 是的 因为他来了请当心 |
[11:56] | No, no, it just came to me. Yeah. | 不不 我是突然想到的 是的 |
[12:00] | All right, Luke, I’ll see you soon. Bye. | 好的 Luke 一会见 拜拜 |
[12:03] | Some friend you are. | 你还真是个好朋友 |
[12:05] | How can you be with that rutting pig after what he did? | 在那头蠢猪做出那样的事后你怎么还能跟他做朋友 |
[12:08] | I don’t see what’s so wrong about being friends with Roz’s ex-boyfriend. | 我没发现和Roz的前男友做朋友错在哪儿 |
[12:12] | If you think there’s nothing wrong with it, why are you hiding it from Roz? | 如果你觉得没错的话为什么要瞒着Roz |
[12:15] | Well, because I, um… Uh… | 这个 因为我 |
[12:17] | Dad, a man has a right to choose his own friends, doesn’t he? | 爸爸 一个男人有选择朋友的权力 是吧 |
[12:21] | Sure. Of course, I think you’re a rotten Judas | 是啊 当然 我觉得你是个该死的叛徒 |
[12:24] | for stabbing Roz in the back this way. | 用这样的方式在Roz背后捅刀子 |
[12:28] | Did you hear that? He said sure. | 你听到了吧 他说是啊 |
[12:36] | Guess what I have? | 猜猜我拿到了什么 |
[12:38] | Two tickets to the Orpheus Chamber Orchestra. | 两张奥菲斯室内乐团的票 |
[12:41] | The Orpheus? | 奥菲斯 |
[12:41] | Niles, nobody handles Handel like they handle Handel. | Niles 没有人能像他们一样演绎亨德尔的作品 |
[12:45] | But wouldn’t you rather take Daphne? | 可是你不想和Daphne一起去吗 |
[12:47] | Oh, she wouldn’t enjoy it. I took her to the opera last week. | 她不会喜欢的 我上周带她去听歌剧 |
[12:51] | Halfway through Das Rheingold she fell asleep. | <莱茵的黄金>演到一半的时候她睡着了 |
[12:53] | – Astonishing. – Yes, well, it gets worse. | – 太令人震惊了 – 是的 还有更过分的 |
[12:55] | She snorted in her sleep, and startled Wotan, | 她在睡梦中打呼 吓到了沃坦 |
[12:58] | causing him to drop his spear on an unsuspecting gnome. | 结果他把矛扔到了完全没有防备的土地神身上 |
[13:00] | Oh. | 天啊 |
[13:02] | So are you free tonight? | 那么你今晚有空吗 |
[13:04] | Gosh, Niles, I’m sorry. I’ve got plans with Luke. | 天呐Niles 我很抱歉 我已经和Luke有约了 |
[13:06] | Oh, yes, your much-ballyhooed new best friend. | 哦 是的 你那喜欢哗众取宠的新朋友 |
[13:09] | – Is that who the gift is for? – No, no, this is for Roz. | – 礼物是为他准备的吗 – 不不 这是给Roz的 |
[13:12] | Oh, a guilt offering. | 哦 赎罪礼物 |
[13:15] | I suppose there’s some truth to that. You know, frankly, I’m torn. | 我觉得这么说不无道理 老实说 我很矛盾 |
[13:19] | Part of me thinks I should tell her, | 内心深处我认为应该告诉她 |
[13:20] | but I just know it would devastate her. | 但是我知道她会为此悲痛欲绝 |
[13:22] | She’s a broken woman. | 她是个深受伤害的女人 |
[13:25] | I’m glad I bumped into you yesterday. | 我很高兴昨天撞上你了 |
[13:28] | And twice this morning. | 今早又上了两次 |
[13:34] | – Buy you coffee? – Sure. | – 给你买杯咖啡 – 好的 |
[13:38] | Oh, my God, Frasier’s in there. | 哦我的天啊 Frasier在里面 |
[13:40] | He can’t see us. I don’t want him to know we’re back together. | 不能让他看见我们 我不想让他知道我们复合了 |
[13:42] | – I don’t think he’d have a problem. – No, you don’t know him. | – 我不认为他会有问题的 – 你不了解他 |
[13:44] | He’s been very supportive, and if he sees us together again, | 他一直都很支持我 如果让他看见我们又在一起了 |
[13:47] | he’ll just think I’m weak. | 他会认为我很软弱 |
[13:48] | Which I am. | 我确实很软弱 |
[13:52] | – Come on, there are no pirates. – Sure there are. | – 得了吧 那里没有海盗 – 当然有了 |
[13:54] | Luke was pillaged. | Luke被打劫了 |
[13:57] | That is so cool. | 听起来太酷了 |
[14:00] | – Hi, guys. – Oh, hi, Roz. | – 嗨 你们好 – 你好 Roz |
[14:04] | I have a little something here for you. | 我有件小礼物要送给你 |
[14:06] | – For me? – Yes. | – 给我的吗 – 是的 |
[14:07] | – What’s the occasion? – Why do I need an occasion, Roz? | – 为什么要送我礼物 – 送礼物需要理由吗 Roz |
[14:09] | It’s just trying to show a good friend | 只是向一位好友表明 |
[14:11] | I’m thinking of her in her time of crisis. | 在她出现危机的时候我还惦记着她 |
[14:13] | Oh, Frasier, I don’t deserve your friendship. | 哦 Frasier 我不值得你对我这么好 |
[14:16] | No, I do not deserve your friendship. | 不 我不值得你对我这么好 |
[14:18] | I deserve my own table. Excuse me. | 我需要一个人静静 见谅 |
[14:22] | You know what? | 这么着吧 |
[14:24] | – I’m gonna take you out to dinner tonight. – Tonight? | – 今晚我们一起吃个饭吧 – 今晚 |
[14:26] | Yes, you’ve been so great about this whole Luke thing. | 是的 你在整个Luke事件中都对我非常好 |
[14:28] | I mean, the least I could do is buy you a meal. | 我最起码应该请你吃顿饭 |
[14:30] | Well, all right, Roz, I accept. Um, would you excuse me? | 好吧 Roz 我同意 请稍等一下 |
[14:34] | Sure. | 没问题 |
[14:43] | Luke-o. F-man. | Luke伙计 我是你的F兄弟 |
[14:46] | Yeah, listen, um, something’s come up tonight, | 是的 听着 我今晚突然有安排了 |
[14:49] | and, uh, I won’t be able to make it, all right? Great. Bye. | 我没办法赴约了 没问题吧 好的 再见 |
[14:54] | So, Roz, where would you like to go tonight? | Roz 今晚你想去哪里呢 |
[14:55] | Chez Henri has the most splendid oxtail terrine. | 亨利餐馆有很好的砂锅炖牛尾 |
[14:58] | Excuse me. | 见谅 |
[15:01] | Hello? Oh, hi. | 你好 哦 嗨 |
[15:03] | – Just a sec. I really need to take this. – Of course. | – 等我一下 我必须接这个电话 – 没问题 |
[15:08] | Hi, Luke. | 嗨 Luke |
[15:10] | Oh, damn. I just made plans. | 哦 该死 我刚跟人约好 |
[15:14] | Well, if you put it that way, how can I say no? | 好吧 如果你这么说了 我怎么能拒绝 |
[15:17] | I’ll see you at 8. Okay. | 那8点见面 好的 |
[15:23] | Bad news, Frasier. | 坏消息 Frasier |
[15:24] | My babysitter is all booked up, so can we rearrange dinner? | 我的保姆没有时间 所以我们能换个时间吃晚饭吗 |
[15:28] | What a shame. Excuse me. | 太遗憾了 等我一下 |
[15:40] | Yeah, Luke, it’s Fras again. | Luke 又是我 Fras |
[15:41] | Listen, my plans just got cancelled, and I was thinking maybe we could… | 听着 我的约会刚刚被取消了 也许我们可以 |
[15:46] | Oh, really? Well, that was kind of quick, wasn’t it? | 真的吗 有点快啊 不是吗 |
[15:49] | Well, no problem. | 好吧 没问题 |
[15:51] | All right, yeah, I’ll talk to you tomorrow. Bye. | 好吧 我明天再打给你 再见 |
[15:54] | Frasier, this is the bracelet I wanted. | Frasier 这是我一直都想要的手镯 |
[15:57] | Yes, I remembered. | 是的 我记得 |
[15:58] | – Oh, you’re such a good friend. – Here. | – 哦 你真是我的好朋友 – 我来帮你 |
[16:01] | So caring and thoughtful | 这么关心我照顾我 |
[16:02] | and loyal. | 还很忠诚 |
[16:06] | I gotta make a phone call. I’ll be right back. | 我要打个电话 马上回来 |
[16:12] | Luke, it’s Roz again. Bad news. | Luke 又是我 Roz 坏消息 |
[16:14] | Oh, Niles, listen, as it turns out I am available for that concert tonight. | Niles 我今晚有空去音乐会了 |
[16:17] | No, you’re not. | 不 你没空 |
[16:26] | Going out with Luke, I suppose. | 我猜你和Luke一起出去 |
[16:28] | As a matter of fact, I’m having dinner with Roz. | 事实上 我要和Roz共进晚餐 |
[16:30] | And I will have a clear conscience | 我要对得起自己的良心 |
[16:32] | because first, I am going to stop by Luke’s and end our friendship. | 所以首先 我要找Luke说清楚 一刀两断 |
[16:36] | Well, I guess our little chat had an impact. | 看来我们的谈话对你还是有影响的 |
[16:39] | So it did. | 是的 |
[16:41] | Imagine that, me giving advice to a psychiatrist. | 想象一下 我能给心理医生提建议 |
[16:44] | Maybe I should be on the radio and you should do the laundry. | 也许我该去做广播节目 你应该去洗衣服 |
[16:48] | Yes, what a merry time of misrule that would be. | 是的 那将会是一段美妙的暴政时光 |
[16:52] | – Hello. – Oh, Niles. What are you doing here? | – 你好 – 哦 Niles 你来干什么 |
[16:55] | Well, I’m taking Daphne to the concert. | 我要带Daphne去参加音乐会 |
[16:57] | Yes, he said he’d rather go with me than anyone else. | 是的 他说所有人当中他最想和我一起去 |
[17:00] | Indeed. Well, sweet dreams. | 没错 好吧 睡个好觉 |
[17:07] | Hey, sweetie. | 嗨 甜心 |
[17:08] | – Hello. – Hello. | – 你好 – 你好 |
[17:09] | – This is for you. – Oh, truffles. | – 这是给你的 – 哦 松露 |
[17:12] | – My favourite. – Ha-ha-ha. | – 我的最爱 – 哈哈哈 |
[17:14] | You are so sweet. You say that about everything I bring. | 你真贴心 不论我带什么来你都这么说 |
[17:18] | – Oh, Daph, you look great. – Thanks. | – 哦 Daph 你看起来真美 – 谢谢 |
[17:20] | Niles Niles. | |
[17:22] | Dad, I know you’re still peeved about me taking Eddie to the spa. | 爸爸 我知道你还在为Eddie的事生气 |
[17:25] | Kennel. | 狗舍 |
[17:27] | Anyway, I brought a little peace offering. | 不管怎么说 我带来了一点和解的礼物 |
[17:30] | Bribe. | 贿赂 |
[17:32] | Dad, it’s from Smoky Mountain Farms. | 爸爸 这是烟熏山农场的产品 |
[17:35] | Five different meats in one big box. | 一个大盒子里装了五种不同的肉 |
[17:41] | Not the Slaughterhouse Five. | 不会是屠宰场五宝吧 |
[17:46] | They don’t make a Slaughterhouse Three. | 他们不生产屠宰场三宝 |
[17:47] | Oh. | 哦 |
[17:51] | Dad, I’m so sorry. | 爸爸 我很抱歉 |
[17:53] | Oh, well, I was disappointed, but… | 好吧 我有些失望 不过 |
[17:55] | I don’t want you to think you can’t trust me. I will never let you down again. | 我不希望失去你的信任 我再也不会让你失望了 |
[17:58] | Well, thanks, Niles. Listen, I’m taking Eddie out for a walk. | 谢谢你 Niles 我要带Eddie去散步 |
[18:01] | Why don’t you come along? We can shoot the breeze. | 你也一起吧 我们可以聊聊天 |
[18:03] | Oh, uh… | 哦 这个 |
[18:05] | Oh, go on. I need a few more minutes to get ready. | 你去吧 我还要等一会才能准备好 |
[18:11] | Well, uh… | 那好吧 |
[18:13] | – Once around the block. – All right. Come on, Eddie. | – 我就在附近逛逛 – 没问题 来吧 Eddie |
[18:16] | Take your time. | 不着急 |
[18:18] | Dad, thanks for not holding a grudge. | 爸爸 谢谢你能原谅我 |
[18:20] | I know how much Eddie means to you. | 我知道Eddie对你来说有多么重要 |
[18:22] | Oh, I forgot my jacket. Here, hold onto this. | 哦 我忘了穿外套了 给你 帮我拿一下 |
[18:24] | – Put the leash on him. I’ll be right back. – Okay. All right, all right. | – 把绳子给它套上 我马上回来 – 好的 没问题 |
[18:27] | Here you go. | 来吧 |
[18:29] | Oh, uh, it’s all right. I’m waiting for someone. | 哦 不用等我了 我在等人 |
[18:34] | Oh. | 哦 |
[18:39] | Stop, stop, stop. | 停 停 停 |
[18:47] | Thank you, thank you. It’s okay. It’s okay. | 谢谢你 谢谢你 没问题了 没问题了 |
[18:49] | All right. It’s okay. It’s all right. Right. | 好了 没问题了 没问题 |
[18:52] | Okay. Okay. | 好了 好了 |
[18:53] | Come on, slowpoke. | 快走吧 你真慢啊 |
[19:01] | Luke? Surprise, it’s Roz. | Luke 惊喜 我是Roz |
[19:05] | Luke? Luke, are you home? | Luke Luke 你在家吗 |
[19:08] | I got an hour to kill before dinner. | 在晚餐之前我有一小时可以消磨 |
[19:18] | Come onboard. I’ll pour you a drink. | 上船吧 我给你倒杯酒 |
[19:20] | You really live here? I think boats are so sexy. | 你真的住在这里 我觉得船非常性感 |
[19:26] | – Aah! – Hello, Roz. | – 啊 – 你好 Roz |
[19:29] | – What are you doing here? – Well, I stopped by to see Luke. | – 你在这儿干嘛 – 我顺路过来看看Luke |
[19:31] | I heard you coming, and I came inside here. | 我听到你过来了 所以我躲在这儿 |
[19:33] | – Watch your step. – Shove over. | – 注意脚下 – 过去点 |
[19:38] | After everything he did to me, | 在他那样对待我之后 |
[19:40] | you stayed friends with him, didn’t you? | 你和他还是朋友 是不是 |
[19:41] | You started seeing him again without telling me. | 你也没告诉我你们又约会了 |
[19:44] | You have the most incredible eyes. | 你的眼睛美极了 |
[19:47] | That bastard! He told me I had the most incredible eyes. | 那个混蛋 他跟我说我的眼睛是最美的 |
[19:50] | Roz, Roz, we can’t let him know we’re here. | Roz Roz 我们不能让他知道我们在这儿 |
[19:52] | – What are all these pages? – I’m writing a book. | – 这些笔记是什么 – 我在写一本书 |
[19:54] | But I’m having a little trouble. Maybe you could be my inspiration. | 但是我现在卡住了 也许你能成为我的灵感 |
[19:59] | That bastard! He told me I was his inspiration. | 那个混蛋 他跟我说我是他的灵感 |
[20:08] | We may as well make ourselves comfortable. | 我们也应该让自己舒服点 |
[20:18] | I guess I should have told you we got back together. | 我应该告诉你我们复合了 |
[20:21] | No, I should apologise, actually. | 不 应该道歉的人是我 |
[20:23] | After the way he treated you, | 他那样对待你 |
[20:25] | I shouldn’t have been hanging around with him. | 我不应该再跟他做朋友 |
[20:27] | You liked him. | 你喜欢他 |
[20:30] | Truth be told, I don’t really make friends very often. | 说实话 我不太容易交到朋友 |
[20:34] | In fact, the last true friend I made was you. | 其实 我上一个真正的朋友就是你 |
[20:37] | – Oh, yuck. – Too much? | – 哦 恶心 – 太过了 |
[20:39] | No, I’m sitting in something wet. | 不是 我坐在一个湿的东西上 |
[20:42] | – Well, just get up. – I can’t, I’m caught in something. | – 那赶紧站起来 – 起不来 我被困住了 |
[20:44] | Here, all right, let me give you a hand. | 好吧 我来帮你 |
[20:47] | Oh. | 哦 |
[20:49] | Oh… | 哦 |
[20:51] | – No! – No! | – 不 – 不 |
[21:02] | You’ve got a lot of explaining to do. | 你有许多需要解释的东西 |