时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:08] | Well, Roz, l think we have just enough time for one more call. | Roz 还可以接听最后一个来电 |
[00:11] | Okay, we have Andy from Bremerton on line three. | 好的 3号线是来自布雷默顿的Andy |
[00:15] | Hello, Andy, l’m listening. | 你好 Andy 我在聆听 |
[00:17] | – Am l on? – Yes, go ahead. | – 是我吗 – 是你 说吧 |
[00:19] | Can you hear me? | 能听到吗 |
[00:21] | Yes, you’re on the air. | 能 就是你 |
[00:23] | – Hello? – You’re on. | – 喂 – 能听到 |
[00:26] | – Am l on? – Not anymore. | – 能听到吗 – 听不到了 |
[00:30] | This is Dr. Frasier Crane on KACL wishing you good mental health. | 我是KACL电台的Frasier医生 祝您身心安康 |
[00:35] | – Gather around, everyone. – Oh, Kenny, what’s all this? | – 各位 都过来 – Kenny 怎么了 |
[00:38] | l’m here to officially announce this year’s SeaBea nominations. | 我正式宣布今年海壁奖提名人 |
[00:42] | – Ooh! – Oh, well. | – 是嘛 – 好 |
[00:43] | He made us wait until your show was over. It was interminable. | 他非得等到你节目做完 真是度日如年 |
[00:48] | First of all, KACL has been nominated for a total of nine SeaBeas. | 首先 KACL电台共获9项提名 |
[00:53] | – lsn’t that great? – Oh, that’s great. | – 太好了 – 真好 |
[00:55] | Which ties us with KPX, the mighty PlXY for most nominations. | 与KPX 那个全能的PlXY 旗鼓相当 |
[01:00] | The mighty PlXY, they do well. | 全能PIXY 他们不错 |
[01:01] | All the nominees were chosen by a panel of experts– | 提名者由专家小组挑选 |
[01:03] | – Give me that. – Good girl, Roz. | – 给我拿来 – 好样的 Roz |
[01:06] | Oh, oh, here’s one. Best restaurant critic, Gil Chesterton. | 这有一个 最佳美食评论家 Gil Chesterton |
[01:09] | Oh, congratulations, Gil. | 恭喜你 Gil |
[01:12] | Thank God l’m nominated. | 感谢上帝 |
[01:14] | And l won’t have to attend the Chestertons. | 我不用参加Chesterton一家奖了 |
[01:16] | The Chestertons? | Chesterton一家奖 |
[01:17] | lt’s an elaborate awards show my wife and the dogs put on | 那是每当我没入选海壁奖 |
[01:19] | when l’m overlooked by the SeaBeas. | 我妻子和狗狗们为我精心策划的奖 |
[01:23] | Roz, l don’t see our names anywhere. | Roz 没看到我们的名字啊 |
[01:25] | No, nothing. We’ve been shut out. I can’t believe it. | 没有 我们出局了 难以置信 |
[01:28] | Well, what do l have here? | 那这是什么呢 |
[01:32] | – There are more awards? – Maybe. | – 还有奖吗 – 或许哦 |
[01:35] | l guess you’ll just have to listen and find out. | 你们只有慢慢听才能知道喽 |
[01:38] | “Since 1962, the Seattle Broadcasting Community–“ | 自从1962年 西雅图广播协会 |
[01:41] | Give me that. | 你给我 |
[01:43] | Oh, my God, Frasier, you’re getting the Lifetime Achievement Award. | 天啊 Frasier 你得了终身成就奖 |
[01:47] | What? Are you serious? | 什么 真的吗 |
[01:49] | Yeah. It says here, “Since 1962, the–“ | 是啊 这写了 自从1962年 |
[01:52] | Give me that. | 给我 |
[01:54] | Hurts, doesn’t it? | 受伤了吧 |
[02:01] | When l was a boy, my parents told me to reach for the stars. | 小时候 我父母鼓励我摘取星辰 |
[02:05] | Sadly, l later learned that stars are just massive, fiery balls of gas, | 可后来我才知道 星星都是巨大的气体火球 |
[02:14] | which, were l to reach one, would vaporise me instantly. | 我一旦靠近 立马就能被汽化 |
[02:21] | But tonight, | 但今晚 |
[02:24] | with the Stephen R. Shafer Lifetime Achievement Award, | 获得Stephen R. Shafer终身成就奖 |
[02:27] | you tell me that l have reached you, | 意味着我已经摘取到你们了 |
[02:31] | and you, ladies and gentlemen, are my stars. | 而你们 女士们先生们 就是我的星辰 |
[02:38] | And that’s where you would applaud. | 现在你该鼓掌了 |
[02:51] | l gotta say, Fras, it’s really something, you getting this award. | 必须承认 Fras 这个奖分量可不小 |
[02:54] | Yes, Dad, it’s actually quite an honour. | 是的 老爸 这确实是个不小的荣耀 |
[02:55] | You know, customarily they give them out to much older people. | 按往常 这奖是给些岁数大的人的 |
[03:00] | Oh, Niles. Flowers, how very thoughtful of you. | Niles 看这花啊 你真体贴 |
[03:03] | – They’re not from me. – Well, thank you for bringing them up. | – 不是我送的 – 谢谢你拿上来 |
[03:06] | Well, actually, they were just outside the door. | 它们就在门口呢 |
[03:07] | Thanks for bending over to pick them up. | 那就谢谢你弯腰捡起来 |
[03:09] | – lt wasn’t that far. The handle sticks– – Just give them to me. | – 也不用弯腰 它有提手 – 你给我 |
[03:17] | ”Congratulations, Frasier, you must be very proud. | 恭喜你 Frasier 你肯定很自豪 |
[03:22] | William Tewksbury William Tewksbury.” | |
[03:24] | – Who’s that? – lt’s my old mentor from Harvard, Dad. | – 这是谁 – 我在哈佛的导师 |
[03:27] | Gosh, you know, l read in the Alumni Newsletter | 天 我在校友网看到 |
[03:30] | that he was taking his sabbatical here at the University of Washington. | 他正在华盛顿大学休假呢 |
[03:32] | l’ve been meaning to call him. | 我一直想给他打个电话 |
[03:33] | Niles, there’s something here for you. | Niles 这是给你的 |
[03:36] | For me? What for? | 给我 为什么啊 |
[03:37] | Well, this may be Frasier’s night, | 虽然今天Frasier是主角 |
[03:39] | but l just want you to know that l have two special sons. | 但我的两个儿子都是很特别的 |
[03:42] | Oh, well… | 好吧 |
[03:43] | Dad, how considerate. | 老爸 你真体贴 |
[03:47] | ”World’s Greatest Psychiatrist.” | 世上最伟大的心理医生 |
[03:50] | See, your brother’s not the only one getting a prize tonight. | 看 今晚不只你哥哥获奖哦 |
[03:53] | Thanks, Dad. Oh, there’s my little rosebud. | 谢谢 老爸 我的小花蕾来了 |
[03:57] | Hello. | 嘿 |
[03:59] | ls it my imagination, or has she gained weight since breakfast? | 我产生幻觉了吗 还是她吃了早饭之后就胖了 |
[04:03] | Which seating, 8, 9 or 10? | 哪次早饭啊 8点 9点还是10点 |
[04:05] | Oh, darling, you’re undone. | 亲爱的 你拉链还没拉上 |
[04:07] | l know. This dress used to fit perfectly. | 我知道啊 之前这裙子很合身的 |
[04:09] | Now l can’t even get it zipped halfway up. | 现在连一半都拉不上 |
[04:11] | Those bloody cleaners must have shrunk it. | 肯定是清洁剂给弄缩水了 |
[04:14] | Let me give it a try. | 我来试试 |
[04:21] | Oh, my. | 天哪 |
[04:22] | Well, maybe if l put a jacket on. | 或许穿个夹克就好 |
[04:23] | Will you come help me pick one out? | 你帮我挑一件吧 |
[04:25] | Sure, sure. You should switch dry cleaners. | 好好 你下次用干洗洗洁剂 |
[04:27] | That’s the third dress they’ve shrunk this week. | 这周都缩水3件裙子了 |
[04:32] | Dad, what do you make of this? | 老爸 这个你怎么看 |
[04:34] | ”Congratulations, Frasier, you must be very proud.” | 恭喜你 Frasier 你肯定很自豪 |
[04:37] | Well, l’d say he’s happy for you. | 我会说 他很替你高兴 |
[04:40] | Of course, l was a detective, so it comes easy to me. | 因为我是警探 所以这么想 |
[04:45] | He doesn’t say he’s proud of me. | 他没说他为我骄傲 |
[04:48] | He says that l should be proud of myself. | 他说我自己该感到自豪 |
[04:50] | Doesn’t that seem a bit odd to you? | 听起来不是有点奇怪吗 |
[04:51] | No, you’re splitting hairs. | 没有 你钻牛角尖了 |
[04:54] | You don’t know Dr. Tewksbury like l do. | 你没我了解Tewksbury医生 |
[04:56] | He wouldn’t say something like this | 他一定想说点别的 |
[04:58] | unless he meant to say something else. | 否则不会用这种语气 |
[05:00] | You’re gonna let this ruin the night for you, aren’t you? | 你要让这事毁了今晚吗 |
[05:02] | No, no, of course not, Dad. | 不 不 当然不会 老爸 |
[05:03] | I just think it’s interesting, that’s all. | 我就是认为这很有趣 |
[05:07] | You know, dad, l’m gonna head over the SeaBeas a little early. | 我提前去颁奖现场吧 |
[05:09] | – l’ll see you there. – Why? | – 到那儿见 – 为什么啊 |
[05:11] | Well, l thought l should familiarise myself with the dais. | 我应该熟悉熟悉讲台 |
[05:15] | – Frasier, it’s just a note. – l know, Dad. | – Frasier 只有那么几句话啊 – 我知道 老爸 |
[05:17] | – lt doesn’t mean anything. – l know, Dad. | – 又不是真让你说什么 – 我知道 老爸 |
[05:19] | – Say hi to Dr. Tewksbury for me. – l will, Dad. | – 替我问候Tewksbury医生 – 会的 老爸 |
[05:26] | Dr. Tewksbury? | Tewksbury医生 |
[05:28] | Frasier Crane Frasier Crane. | |
[05:30] | Of course. | 当然 |
[05:31] | – Frasier. Oh, it’s good to see you. – Likewise. | – Frasier 很高兴见到你 – 我也是 |
[05:37] | – How long has it been? – Oh, gosh, l– Gee, perhaps 20 years. | – 有多久没见了 – 天啊 大概 20年了 |
[05:41] | – That long? – Yes. | – 这么久了 – 是啊 |
[05:43] | Actually, l was on my way to the awards ceremony, | 其实 我正要去颁奖典礼 |
[05:45] | and l thought l’d drop by and thank you for the flowers. | 想着不如过来看看你 谢谢你送的花 |
[05:49] | – And the card. – You’re welcome. | – 和贺卡 – 不客气 |
[05:50] | – lt was very thoughtful of you. – l was happy to do it. | – 你太周到了 – 很乐意 |
[05:52] | – Particularly the card. – l’m glad you liked it. | – 尤其是贺卡 – 很高兴你喜欢 |
[05:55] | All right, let’s cut the bull. | 好吧 不废话了 |
[05:58] | ”You must be very proud.” | 你肯定很自豪 |
[06:00] | Why not ”l’m proud of you”? | 为什么不是我为你骄傲 |
[06:03] | Why speculation rather than declaration? | 为什么不用陈叙句而要用推测呢 |
[06:06] | – What? – We both know there are no mistakes. | – 什么 – 你我都知道不可能是写错了 |
[06:08] | There must have been some reason, | 你肯定有什么理由 |
[06:10] | either conscious or subconscious, that you chose these words. | 有意识或者潜意识地选择措辞 |
[06:14] | Frasier, l have a confession to make. | Frasier 我得坦白 |
[06:16] | – Ah. – My assistant wrote the card. | – 哈 – 贺卡是我助手写的 |
[06:19] | Oh. | 噢 |
[06:20] | When l heard you were getting an award, | 我听说你得奖后 |
[06:22] | l asked her to send flowers with a note of congratulations. | 我就让她送花篮和贺卡给你 |
[06:26] | l’m afraid you’ve been over-analysing. | 恐怕你分析过度了 |
[06:29] | l see. | 知道了 |
[06:32] | Then again, perhaps in that order to your assistant, | 然而 或许在你给助手任务的时候 |
[06:36] | you subconsciously communicated an emotion | 潜意识里传达了 |
[06:38] | that you couldn’t or didn’t want to acknowledge. | 不能或者不想祝贺的情绪 |
[06:41] | Or perhaps your subconscious assigned new meaning | 或者你潜意识里给这些字 |
[06:44] | to the words to reflect your own self-doubt. | 赋予了反映你自我怀疑的额外意思 |
[06:46] | But all art is self-portraiture, | 但是所有艺术都是自我表达 |
[06:49] | and that includes the written word. | 这也包括了文字 |
[06:51] | However, we can only view art through the lens of our own psyches. | 然而 我们只能通过自己的认知来看艺术 |
[06:54] | Then there is no pure art. | 那就没有纯艺术了 |
[06:56] | How would you know? | 你怎么知道 |
[06:58] | God, l’ve missed you. | 天 我真想你 |
[07:01] | Frasier Oh, Frasier. | |
[07:04] | Of course l’m proud of you. | 我当然为你骄傲 |
[07:05] | Oh, thank you. It’s so nice to know that. | 谢谢 听你这么说真是太好了 |
[07:08] | lt really is. Thank you. | 真的 谢谢 |
[07:10] | l really wish we had more time to talk, | 真希望我们能多谈会儿 |
[07:11] | but l’m taking my wife out to dinner tonight. | 但今晚我要带我妻子出吃饭 |
[07:13] | l wanna pick up some flowers before the shops close. | 得在花店关门前挑点花给她 |
[07:16] | Yes, yes, of course. | 当然 当然 |
[07:17] | This time, l think l’ll write the card myself. | 这次我会亲自写贺卡的 |
[07:20] | Yes, that’s a good idea. | 对 好主意 |
[07:24] | Gosh, it was great to see you again. | 天 能见到你太好了 |
[07:26] | Yes. | 是啊 |
[07:28] | – Let’s get together some evening. – Oh, l’d like that. | – 哪天晚上我们一起吃一顿吧 – 太好了 |
[07:30] | lt’s not often l get to dine with the recipient | 我还真没怎么和终身成就奖的得主 |
[07:33] | of a lifetime achievement award. | 一起吃过饭呢 |
[07:34] | Please, it’s just a trinket for a little radio show l do. | 拜托 只是小电台的调剂品罢了 |
[07:38] | Oh, not that by ”little” l mean to minimise my achievement. | 这个小不是说我成就小 |
[07:41] | – l know. – l know you know. | – 我知道 – 我知道你知道 |
[07:42] | l just wanna be clear, | 只是想说清楚 |
[07:44] | so that you don’t infer any meanings that aren’t actually there. | 你就不会无中生有出其他的意思了 |
[07:47] | What might l infer? | 能无中生有出什么呢 |
[07:48] | Oh, that l’m somehow dissatisfied with my work, something like that. | 比如我有点不满意我工作啊 |
[07:52] | You also called the award a ”trinket.” | 你还用了”调剂品”来形容获得的奖 |
[07:54] | Can you imagine what l might have done with that? | 你知道我会联想些什么吗 |
[07:56] | Yes, exactly. | 对 正是啊 |
[07:58] | A lesser therapist might say that l didn’t think much of an award | 次点的心理师也许会说我认为颁这奖给我 |
[08:01] | that they’re willing to give to the likes of me. | 我根本就看不上眼 |
[08:04] | Mm. I suppose if one were looking hard enough, | 如果再深入点 |
[08:06] | one could even say your coming down here | 可以推测出你来我这儿 |
[08:08] | was a desperate quest for approval. | 是极其渴望得到肯定 |
[08:10] | Oh, well, that one’s a little out there. Yes. | 这个就是捕风捉影了 |
[08:15] | Frasier, you don’t have to worry. I’m not inferring anything. | Frasier 你不用担心 我没有含沙射影 |
[08:20] | Enjoy yourself this evening. | 今晚好好享受吧 |
[08:23] | l will. | 会的 |
[08:26] | – Because tonight is my night. – Yes. | – 因为今晚我是主角 – 正是 |
[08:30] | – So long, professor. – Goodbye. | – 再会 教授 – 再见 |
[08:35] | Oh, Frasier. | Frasier啊 |
[08:46] | Frasier Frasier? | |
[08:48] | What the hell is wrong with me? | 我究竟是怎么了 |
[08:56] | Yes, dear, l know we have reservations, | 是的 亲爱的 我知道我们预约好了 |
[08:58] | but one of my former students is having a minor crisis. | 但有个以前的学生遇到点小危机 |
[09:02] | l’ll be there in half an hour. | 我半个小时后到 |
[09:03] | What does it all mean? | 这到底有什么意思啊 |
[09:08] | Make it an hour. | 还是一个小时吧 |
[09:14] | – Hello, everybody. – Oh, hey, Roz. Whoa! | – 大家好啊 – 嘿 Roz 哇哦 |
[09:18] | – You look great, Roz. – Yeah. That’s a beautiful dress. | – 你真漂亮Roz – 是啊 裙子真好看 |
[09:21] | Thank you, and after two weeks of eating | 谢谢 狂吃了两周的 |
[09:23] | delicious fat-burning cabbage soup, | 减脂卷心菜汤 |
[09:25] | it finally fits. | 终于能穿进去了 |
[09:27] | Niles made me cabbage with me Osso Buco last night. | Niles昨晚给我做了卷白菜炖小牛肘 |
[09:30] | lf l knew it burned fat, l would have had a fourth helping. | 要是早知道能减脂 我就吃第四碗了 |
[09:34] | – Well, we do have leftovers. – No, we don’t. | – 不过 我们还有点剩下 – 没了 |
[09:38] | l haven’t seen Daphne in a while. Is it my imagination? | 我是有一段时间没看Daphne了 是我出现幻觉了吗 |
[09:40] | No. Six squares a day. | 不是 一天六顿 |
[09:44] | That’s not like her. Maybe she’s depressed. | 这不像她性格啊 她抑郁了吗 |
[09:46] | That’s when l eat. Have you said anything to her? | 我抑郁就会吃 你说什么了吗 |
[09:48] | No. Timing is very delicate in something like this, Roz. | 没 说这话可要挑准时机 |
[09:52] | l thought l’d wait until after she gets too big to catch me, | 我要等到她胖到追不上我 |
[09:54] | but before she needs the motorised scooter. | 又没胖到坐上电动轮椅再说 |
[10:00] | Hey, has anyone seen Frasier? | 有人看到Frasier了吗 |
[10:02] | No, not yet. What’s the matter? You look pale. | 没 还没呢 怎么了 你脸色惨白 |
[10:04] | Well, l hate public speaking, | 我讨厌公众演讲 |
[10:06] | and they roped me into giving Frasier’s introduction. | 他们非让我致欢迎辞 |
[10:08] | l just wanna make sure it’s okay. | 我要保证不出岔子 |
[10:10] | Why don’t you run it by Niles? He’s a psychiatrist too. | 你当着Niles面过一遍吧 他也是个心理医生 |
[10:12] | And he’s just as smart and successful as Frasier. | 他也跟Frasier一样聪明 一样成功 |
[10:16] | – Dad. – lt’s true. You are. | – 老爸 – 是真的 你真是 |
[10:19] | He is. | 他确实是 |
[10:22] | Hey, Gil. So where is that elusive wife of yours? | Gil 你那个神秘莫测的妻子呢 |
[10:26] | lf you must know, Deb’s on manoeuvres with her reserve unit. | 你这么想知道 Deb和后备部队在排演 |
[10:31] | Ladies and gentlemen, | 女士们 先生们 |
[10:32] | welcome to this year’s Seattle Broadcasting Awards. | 欢迎来到西雅图广播电台颁奖现场 |
[10:38] | Let’s get right to our first category, | 先来看第一项 |
[10:40] | Outstanding Restaurant Critic. | 杰出美食评论员 |
[10:42] | And the nominees are: Merrill George for CafeChat, | 提名者 来自咖啡闲谈的Merrill George |
[10:48] | Sheldon Hastings for Here’s Looking at Food | 美食快看的Sheldon Hastings |
[10:51] | and Gil Chesterton for Restaurant Beat. | 餐厅专访的Gil Chesterton |
[10:57] | And we have a tie. | 获奖者是两个人 |
[11:00] | They expect me to share? What is this, dim sum? | 他们让我分享 当这是什么啊 点心吗 |
[11:04] | And the SeaBeas go to Merrill George | 海壁奖得主是Merrill George |
[11:07] | and Sheldon Hastings. | 和Sheldon Hastings |
[11:12] | This can’t be happening. | 不可能吧 |
[11:14] | Oh, come on, Gil, isn’t it enough just to be nominated? | 拜托 Gil 能提名不是已经很好了吗 |
[11:17] | You tell me, Miss Three-Time-Loser. | 你说呢 万年老二小姐 |
[11:24] | To all my listeners… | 致我所有的听众 |
[11:27] | l know l should be happy, but l feel so dissatisfied. | 我知道我该高兴 但是感觉太失落了 |
[11:31] | Well, Frasier, it’s no accident that you’re going through this on the day | 你在获得终身成就奖这天有这种心理 |
[11:36] | that you receive your lifetime achievement award. | 也算是有一点必然性 |
[11:40] | Well, duh. I’m sorry, l’m sorry. I’m just acting out. | 才没有 不好意思 我都是演出来的 |
[11:44] | Please, please. Continue, please. | 来 来 请接着讲 |
[11:49] | As you know, | 你知道 |
[11:51] | men in our society commonly define themselves by their careers. | 社会中男士都是靠职业成就来自我定义 |
[11:56] | Yes, l’ll cop to that. Yeah. | 对 这我同意 |
[11:58] | ln fact, there’s nothing l’m more proud of than my career. | 其实 没有什么比我职业更让我自豪的了 |
[12:00] | lt’s because l love to help people. I always have. | 因为我乐于助人 我一贯如此 |
[12:03] | Right. Refresh my memory. | 好 在我记忆中 |
[12:05] | Wasn’t it your mother who first sparked your interest in psychiatry? | 好像是你母亲点燃了你对心理学的激情 |
[12:09] | Yes, it was. I remember the exact day. | 是的 我还记得那一天 |
[12:13] | l was 8. | 我才8岁 |
[12:16] | l had come home crying | 我哭着回到家 |
[12:17] | because one of the older boys had thrown | 因为有人把我那本<源泉> |
[12:18] | my copy of The Fountainhead under a bus. | 扔在了公交底下 |
[12:22] | My mother explained to me | 我母亲告诉我 |
[12:24] | it wasn’t because he didn’t like the way l walked, | 不是因为他不喜欢我走路的方式 |
[12:27] | or because l wore an ascot to school. | 也不是因为我在学校戴圆式领带 |
[12:30] | lt was because he didn’t like himself. | 而是因为他讨厌他自己 |
[12:33] | And at that very moment, | 就在那一刻 |
[12:37] | l became a student of human behaviour. | 我成了人类行为学的拥趸 |
[12:39] | lt was as if someone had given me an instruction manual | 就像有人给了我说明书 |
[12:42] | explaining why people acted the way they did. | 解释人们为什么有这些行为 |
[12:45] | Not to mention a way to distance yourself from painful emotions. | 这更是让自己远离痛苦情绪的方法 |
[12:50] | Oh, totally. | 是的 |
[12:52] | l took a lot of grief for that ascot. | 圆式领带那次让我非常难过 |
[12:55] | So you were drawn to psychiatry not because you like to help people, | 所以你对心理学入迷不是因为你想帮助人 |
[12:59] | but because you feared them. | 而是因为你害怕他们 |
[13:03] | l feared them? | 我害怕他们 |
[13:05] | Psychiatry gives you objectivity. | 心理学给你提供客观性 |
[13:07] | Objectivity gives you emotional distance. | 客观性给你情绪上的疏远 |
[13:10] | Distance makes you feel safe. | 疏远给你安全感 |
[13:12] | Yes, yes, granted. But what has that got to do with me? | 是 是 没错 但那跟我又有什么关系 |
[13:15] | How’s your practise? | 你事务所怎么样 |
[13:16] | l don’t have a practise. I have a radio show. | 我没有事务所 我只有电台节目 |
[13:18] | Distance. Any children? | 距离 你孩子呢 |
[13:21] | Yes, l have a wonderful son with whom l’m very close. | 有个很棒的儿子 我和他很亲密 |
[13:24] | – You live with him? – He lives in Boston. | – 你和他一起住 – 他在波士顿 |
[13:28] | Distance. With your wife. | 距离 与你妻子一起 |
[13:30] | My ex-wife. Yes, l know, distance. | 前妻 我知道 又是距离 |
[13:33] | Wasn’t she a psychiatrist? | 她不是心理医生吗 |
[13:35] | Yes, she happened to be a dame good one too. | 是的 碰巧她也非常优秀 |
[13:36] | That’s a handy choice for someone | 对愿意分享想法而不是情绪的人来说 |
[13:38] | who’d rather share ideas than emotions. | 确实是个不错的选择 |
[13:42] | Have you ever met Lilith? | 你见过Lilith吗 |
[13:44] | No. | 没 |
[13:46] | Well, she happens to be a very warm and loving woman. | 她碰巧是个深情款款的女人 |
[13:53] | Have you had any other meaningful relationships since then? | 自从那以后你还有值得一提的亲密关系吗 |
[13:57] | As a matter of fact, l– Well, what is your point? | 事实上 你到底想说什么 |
[14:01] | My point is that at the age of 8, at 8, | 我的点就是 8岁那年 |
[14:05] | you began to use psychiatry | 你就开始用心理学 |
[14:08] | as a way to deal with a world that scared you to death. | 来面对你所恐惧的世界 |
[14:11] | And this lifetime achievement award | 这次终身成就奖 |
[14:13] | has made your realise that your career is finite. | 让你意识到 你职业生涯是有限的 |
[14:16] | And once it’s gone, all you’ll have left is that frightened 8-year-old boy. | 一旦结束了 你就又成了那个受惊的8岁小孩 |
[14:26] | Well… | 好吧 |
[14:31] | Would you like to hear my theory? | 你想听听我的理论吗 |
[14:34] | You have no idea what you’re talking about. | 你不知道你在说什么 |
[14:36] | l am not an 8-year-old. | 我可不是8岁孩子 |
[14:40] | And you know something else? You’re not my mentor anymore. | 你知道吗 你也不是我导师了 |
[14:47] | Roz, you gonna eat your quiche? | Roz 你那份乳蛋饼还吃吗 |
[14:49] | Are you kidding? | 开玩笑吗 |
[14:50] | This would be like pulling the ripcord on my thighs. | 吃了会让我大腿变肥的 |
[14:53] | lt’s nothing but cheese and butter and pastry– | 都是些奶酪 黄油 油酥 |
[14:56] | And bacon. Are you sure you don’t mind? | 还有培根 你确定不要了吗 |
[15:01] | l have good news. | 好消息 |
[15:02] | l just spoke to Frasier. He’s on his way. | Frasier电话里说马上就来了 |
[15:04] | Oh, thank goodness. | 太好了 |
[15:05] | Oh, not that l’m not having a good time with you, Niles. | 不是说和你在一起不开心 Niles |
[15:09] | Dad, l know what you’re doing. You don’t have to overcompensate. | 老爸 我知道你什么意思 你没必要事事补偿我 |
[15:12] | l’m not some green-eyed monster burning with envy for Frasier. | 我不是什么嫉妒得要死的红眼怪 |
[15:16] | All right, but if you were, l bet you’d be a great one. | 好吧 如果你是红眼怪 你也是只大怪 |
[15:22] | Daphne? I haven’t seen you in a while. | Daphne 我们有段时间没见了 |
[15:25] | How have you been? Are you okay? | 你怎么样啊 还好吗 |
[15:28] | l’m better than okay. I’m in love with a man who loves me. | 我非常好 我爱上了一个同时爱着我的人 |
[15:32] | He showers me with attention. | 他时刻关注我 |
[15:35] | Every morning l wake up wondering what treasures this day will bring. | 每天早晨我都期待今天会发生什么好事 |
[15:39] | lt really is the happiest time of my life. | 这是我最幸福的时候了 |
[15:43] | And how are you? | 那你呢 |
[15:45] | Good. | 还行 |
[15:48] | Really good. | 相当好 |
[15:51] | Could you pass me Frasier’s quiche? | 你能把Frasier那份乳蛋饼递给我吗 |
[15:59] | And the butter. | 还有黄油 |
[16:03] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[16:06] | All right, professor, you know, l hate to be the one to break it to you, | 我实在不想说这些 |
[16:08] | but l’m afraid you’ve lost your touch. | 恐怕你已经廉颇老矣了 |
[16:10] | – Where’s your DSM? – There. | – 精神疾病统计诊断手册呢 – 那儿 |
[16:14] | Emotionally stunted 8-year-old, my eye. | 情商和8岁男孩一样 开玩笑 |
[16:18] | Ah. Here’s what l’m going through. | 这才是我的问题 |
[16:21] | Phase-of-life issue. | 人生阶段问题 |
[16:22] | ”A problem associated with a particular developmental phase | 关于特殊发展阶段 |
[16:26] | or other life circumstances.” | 或其他生活环境的问题 |
[16:29] | – Please, a mid-life crisis? – lt’s obvious, really. | – 拜托 中年危机吗 – 太明显了 |
[16:32] | l’m surprised it didn’t occur to me sooner. | 很奇怪我之前怎么没想到 |
[16:34] | lf someone had called my show with this problem, | 如果有人打电话问我这问题 |
[16:35] | l’d have diagnosed it inside a minute. | 我肯定一分钟就诊断出来了 |
[16:37] | – Then what would you have done? – That depends on the caller. | – 然后呢 – 看打电话的人了 |
[16:39] | All right. | 好 |
[16:41] | The caller is you. | 你来打电话 |
[16:51] | Fine. | 好 |
[16:53] | On line one, | 1号线 |
[16:56] | we have Frasier Crane from Seattle. | 来自西雅图的Frasier Crane |
[17:04] | Hello, Dr. Crane. | 你好 Crane医生 |
[17:06] | l love your show. I’m a big fan. | 我很喜欢你节目 我是您粉丝 |
[17:14] | l won’t bore you with all the details of my life because you know them. | 情况你都了解 我就不赘述了 |
[17:20] | Suffice to say, l’m a successful psychiatrist. | 不夸张地说 我是个成功的心理医生 |
[17:25] | My problem is that, | 我的问题是 |
[17:28] | in spite of the life l’ve built, | 尽管生活不错 |
[17:32] | l feel… | 我还是感觉 |
[17:37] | …empty. | 空虚 |
[17:48] | Ah. Emptiness. | 空虚 |
[17:52] | The eternal void. | 永恒的虚无 |
[17:54] | lf l’m not mistaken, it was John Keats who wrote– | 没记错的话 John Keats说过 |
[17:57] | Stalling. Deal with the feelings. | 你这是在拖延 直面情绪啊 |
[18:00] | All right, fair enough. | 好吧 |
[18:03] | Perhaps, caller, if we re-frame the issue, we can– | 或许 重新定义一下 我们能 |
[18:05] | Redefining the problem. Deal with the feelings. | 又在偷换定义 直面情绪啊 |
[18:09] | Uh… | 呃 |
[18:11] | Let’s run down the Beck Depression lnventory– | 我们看看贝克抑郁性 |
[18:13] | Re-diagnosing. You know what the problem is. | 这是重新诊断 你知道症结在哪儿 |
[18:15] | – The caller feels empty. Go on. – Okay. | – 致电者很空虚 继续 – 好 |
[18:19] | Last month, in the New England Journal– | 上个月 新英格兰期刊上 |
[18:21] | – He’s already read it. – How do you know? | – 他看过了 – 你怎么知道 |
[18:23] | The caller is Frasier Crane. if you did, he did. | 致电者就是你 你看了 他也看了 |
[18:28] | l can suggest certain visualisation techniques– | 我可以传授你一些形象化技巧 |
[18:30] | He knows them already. | 他都知道了 |
[18:32] | Look, if he knows all this, then why is he calling? | 如果他都知道了 那他还问什么 |
[18:34] | He told you. Because he’s empty. Keep going. | 他说了 他感觉空虚 继续 |
[18:40] | Well, sometimes it helps to write yourself a letter. | 有时候 给自己写一封信很有帮助 |
[18:43] | He’s already got himself on the phone. | 他都给自己打电话了 |
[18:45] | But l don’t know what he wants. | 我不知道他要什么 |
[18:48] | Then why do you keep trying to bury him in psychiatric exercises? | 那为什么要用心理理论吞没他 |
[18:52] | Because that’s all l have. | 因为我只会这个 |
[19:03] | l’m sorry, caller. | 对不起 致电者 |
[19:07] | l can’t help you. | 我帮不了你 |
[19:11] | Frasier’s up next, and he’s not here yet. | 下一个就是Fraiser 他还没来 |
[19:13] | – What the hell am l gonna do? – He’ll be here in a minute. | – 我现在能怎么办 – 他马上就来了 |
[19:16] | – Just go up there and stall. – Stall? | – 你站上去随便扯点 – 随便扯点 |
[19:19] | Stall? | 随便扯 |
[19:21] | Yes, like that. | 就像这样 |
[19:22] | Ladies and gentlemen, our next presenter, | 女士们 先生们 下一位 |
[19:25] | KACL General Manager Kenny Daly. | KACL总经理 Kenny Daly |
[19:32] | l think l’m gonna be sick. | 我感觉要吐了 |
[19:33] | Oh, all right, relax. I’ll go up there for you. | 没事 放松 我上去好了 |
[19:35] | No, no, Niles, let me do it. | 不 不 Niles 我去吧 |
[19:38] | This night’s been hard enough on you already. | 今晚已经够你受的了 |
[19:43] | You are such a weenie. | 你真是个怂包 |
[19:45] | Yeah, weenie like a fox. | 对 狐狸般睿智的怂包 |
[19:51] | Actually, ladies and gentlemen, l’m Martin Crane. | 女生们先生们 我是Martin Crane |
[19:54] | Kenny very kindly let me do the honours. | Kenny把这次机会让给了我 |
[19:56] | You see, l’m Frasier’s dad. | 我是Frasier他老爸 |
[19:59] | Oh, no, no, more than that, l’m the father of two special guys. | 不对 应该说 我是两个优秀人才的父亲 |
[20:06] | So if it’s okay with you, | 如果可以的话 |
[20:07] | l’d like you to give a big SeaBea welcome to my other son, Niles. | 请大家欢迎我另一个孩子 Niles |
[20:12] | Come on, Niles, stand up. | Niles 站起来啊 |
[20:14] | Let them see you. Oh, here’s Frasier. | 让大家看看你 哦 Frasier来了 |
[20:22] | Ladies and gentlemen, l give you the winner | 女士们先生们 有请 |
[20:25] | of the Stephen R. Shafer Lifetime Achievement Award, | Stephen R. Shafer终身成就奖得主 |
[20:29] | my son Frasier Crane. | 我的孩子 Frasier |
[20:43] | Uh… | 呃 |
[20:45] | Thank you for honouring my life. | 感谢大家给我上半辈子的肯定 |
[20:50] | l just wish l knew what to do with the rest of it. | 希望我知道下半辈子该如何过 |
[21:01] | What the hell was that? | 这是什么情况 |