时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:09] | Oh, Chelsea, you are in for a rare treat tonight. | Chelsea 今晚你将得到一场难得的享受 |
[00:12] | Hmm, your first opera, and Ben Heppner is singing the role of Tristan. | 第一次听歌剧就听Ben Heppner饰演特里斯坦 |
[00:17] | Oh, this is gonna be a whole new experience for me. | 对我会是一种全新的体验 |
[00:20] | Why? You’ve never been bored before? | 怎么会 你从前没无聊过吗 |
[00:25] | Oh, dear. Car seems to have stalled. | 天 车好像坏了 |
[00:30] | Oh, great. Now what? | 真棒 现在怎么办 |
[00:32] | All right, let’s not panic. | 淡定 不要慌张 |
[00:34] | Chelsea, if you would, please, open the glove compartment. | Chelsea 麻烦你 把贮物箱打开 |
[00:38] | You will find a flashlight and a small tool kit. | 能找到手电和小工具箱 |
[00:41] | Ah. | 嗯 |
[00:41] | Reach behind them and hand me my cell phone. | 在那后面把手机递给我 |
[00:46] | I’m gonna call the Auto Club. | 我给汽车俱乐部打电话 |
[00:47] | By the time they get here, we’ll miss the opera. | 他们来的时候歌剧早开始了 |
[00:49] | You know, my ex-boyfriend used to restore Corvettes. | 那个 我前男友以前是修科尔维特的 |
[00:52] | Maybe I can poke around and take a look. | 没准我可以试下 |
[00:54] | I suppose I could give you a hand. | 我应该能帮上忙 |
[00:56] | You don’t grow up with eight brothers | 和八个兄弟一起长大 |
[00:57] | and not learn a thing or two about engines. | 肯定会多少了解引擎的 |
[00:59] | Or the importance of being first in the shower. | 还有第一个洗澡的重要性 |
[01:03] | Now, now, ladies. Niles and I are no strangers to the automobile. | 女士们 淡定 我和Niles都很熟悉汽车 |
[01:07] | Niles, let’s have a look. I’ll pop the hood. | Niles 去看看吧 我把引擎盖打开 |
[01:09] | That won’t void the warranty, will it? | 不会不保修了吧 |
[01:13] | Ha-ha-ha. That’s very funny, Niles. | 哈哈 你真搞笑 Niles |
[01:16] | No cause for alarm, ladies. Here we go. | 不要紧张 女士们 我要开了啊 |
[01:30] | Hey, Eddie. | 嘿 Eddie |
[01:33] | This is my boy, Eddie. This is my other boy, Frasier. | 这是我家小宝贝 Eddie 那是我家大宝贝 Frasier |
[01:36] | Oh, dear God. | 哦 天呐 |
[01:38] | Dad, you know very well we have no room in this house for another dog | 老爸 咱家没地方再养狗了 |
[01:41] | let alone a puppy. | 更别说还是只小狗 |
[01:42] | They chew the furniture, | 它们咬家具 |
[01:43] | they dig like demons and they soil the carpet. | 乱挖洞还尿地毯 |
[01:46] | The puppy’s mine, Frasier. | 小狗是我的 Frasier |
[01:47] | Oh, well, congratulations. Everybody should have one. | 这样啊 恭喜 大家都应该养一只 |
[01:51] | Alice just begged me for one. | Alice求我养一条来着 |
[01:53] | Martin, thank you so much for helping me pick him out. | Martin 谢谢你帮我挑这条狗狗 |
[01:55] | Are you kidding? I had a blast. | 客气什么 我玩的很高兴 |
[01:57] | Now, here’s Eddie’s old puppy collar. | 这是Eddie小时候的项圈 |
[02:03] | And his brush. | 还有毛刷 |
[02:04] | And his first chew toy. | 还有第一个咀嚼玩具 |
[02:06] | Oh, Martin, I can’t believe you kept all his things. | Martin 你居然留着这些东西 |
[02:11] | Well, I always thought he’d have a brother or two. | 我总想着它会有一两个弟弟呢 |
[02:13] | You…you know, you always think you’re gonna have one more. | 你懂的 你老觉得你会再要一个 |
[02:15] | Dad, I said you could have a fish. | 老爸 我说的是你可以再养条鱼 |
[02:18] | Roz, would you help me here, please? | Roz 帮个忙 拜托 |
[02:23] | You know, Martin, I could use someone to help me | Martin 我上班的时候 |
[02:25] | walk him while I’m at work. | 需要有人帮着遛狗 |
[02:26] | – You could be like his grandpa. – That’d be great. | – 你可以当它爷爷 – 太棒了 |
[02:29] | You know, he looks kind of thirsty, Roz. | 我觉得它好像渴了 Roz |
[02:31] | – You might wanna get him some water. – Oh, that’s a good idea. | – 给它点水喝吧 – 嗯 好主意 |
[02:34] | Oh, look, a puppy. Oh! | 看呐 一只小狗 |
[02:38] | – Oh, hello, Niles, come on in. – Hello. Frasier. | – 你好啊 Niles 快进来 – 你好 Frasier |
[02:40] | It took me half the morning, but I finally found it. | 虽然用了半个早上 不过我终于找到了 |
[02:42] | – Good. – Found what? | – 太好了 – 找到什么 |
[02:43] | Night school catalogue. | 夜校目录 |
[02:44] | Oh, what classes you guys looking for? | 你们想上什么课 |
[02:46] | Auto repair. | 汽车维修 |
[02:49] | No, seriously. | 说真的呢 |
[02:51] | No, no. Well, we…we are serious, Dad. | 不 我们很认真的 老爸 |
[02:53] | Niles and I felt completely helpless last night when my car broke down. | 昨晚汽车抛锚的时候 我和Niles都觉得很无助 |
[02:56] | And I vowed never to be humiliated that way again. | 我发誓决不能再被那样羞辱了 |
[02:58] | You know, I’m more than a little convinced | 我确信 |
[02:59] | that’s why Chelsea turned me down for a second date. | 这是Chelsea不再跟我出去的原因 |
[03:02] | I’m sure that had nothing to do with it. | 我认为和那没关系 |
[03:04] | If I had to guess, I’d say it was all that | 要我猜的话 我觉得是 |
[03:05] | blubbering at the opera that killed your chances. | 你看歌剧时的抽泣让你错失机会 |
[03:09] | But it was Ben Heppner singing Tristan. | 是Ben Heppner饰演特里斯坦啊 |
[03:12] | You’d have to be stone not to weep at his tragic end. | 铁石心肠的才不会在悲剧结尾流泪 |
[03:16] | Hey, hey, haven’t seen it yet. | 我还没看呢 |
[03:20] | Here we are. “Basic Car Repair and Maintenance.” | 找到了 “汽车基础维修与护理” |
[03:25] | Ha-ha. I will call the bursar at once. | 我马上就给夜校财务打电话 |
[03:27] | You guys are really gonna do this? | 你们真要去啊 |
[03:29] | – Mm-hm. – Monkey around with engines? | – 嗯哼 – 围着引擎折腾 |
[03:31] | Get calluses and grease under your nails? | 手上都是茧 指甲里都是油污 |
[03:34] | Yes, actually, I’m looking forward to it, Dad. | 没错 就是这样 我很期待呢 老爸 |
[03:35] | Well, good for you, Frasier. I’m impressed. | 挺好 Frasier 我挺感动 |
[03:38] | As the enigma we call Shakespeare once wrote | 如谜之莎翁所写 |
[03:40] | “I am a true labourer. | “我是一个真正的劳动者 |
[03:42] | I earn that I eat, get that I wear, | 赚我饮食所需 取我蔽体所用 |
[03:45] | owe no man hate, envy no man’s happiness.” | 未尝为人所恨 不曾羡人所得” |
[03:49] | You just couldn’t let me enjoy it, could you? | 你就不能让我简简单单高兴会儿吗 |
[03:57] | – Hey, Roz. – Hey, Grandpa. | – 嘿 Roz – 嘿 爷爷 |
[04:00] | How was the little critter today? | 小家伙今天怎么样 |
[04:01] | Oh, terrific. Ate all his chow. | 挺好的 食物都吃了 |
[04:04] | At least he did after I added some water | 在我加了点水之后 |
[04:07] | to give it a kind of a gravy texture. | 那样吃有种肉汁的感觉 |
[04:09] | We took a walk in the park. | 我们在公园溜了一圈 |
[04:12] | Now, they’re only young once, Roz. | 它们只年轻一回 Roz |
[04:15] | Savour the days. | 及时行乐 |
[04:17] | You had a big day today, didn’t you? | 今天过得很开心 是不是啊 |
[04:20] | Didn’t you? Yeah. | 是不是 嗯 |
[04:25] | – Roz. – What? | – Roz – 怎么 |
[04:27] | – You shouldn’t play with him that way. – Why not? | – 你不应该那样和它玩 – 怎么了 |
[04:29] | If you let him stand on you, makes him think he’s dominant, | 如果让它站你身上 它会觉得它是主人 |
[04:32] | – that you’re below him in the pack. – Oh, I didn’t know that. | – 觉得你低它一等 – 哦 我原来不知道 |
[04:35] | Don’t worry. It’s a common mistake. | 别担心 挺正常的 |
[04:38] | That’s why I’m here. | 所以才需要我嘛 |
[04:42] | So, uh, you’re just gonna let him sit on the couch like that? | 呃 你就让它这么坐在沙发上了 |
[04:46] | Yeah. He looks cute. | 嗯 看着多可爱啊 |
[04:49] | Well, all right, but you know, | 不是不成 不过跟你说 |
[04:50] | if you let him sit on the furniture, | 如果你让它坐在家具上 |
[04:51] | he’s gonna think he’s equal to you. | 它会觉得和你地位相同 |
[04:53] | I’ve seen Eddie sitting on the furniture. | 我见Eddie就坐家具上啊 |
[04:55] | Ha-ha! | 哈哈 |
[04:56] | We don’t really wanna compare this puppy to Eddie now, do we? | 我们难道要拿这只小狗和Eddie比吗 |
[05:01] | All I’m saying is Eddie breaks those “Rules.” | 我想说的是Eddie就没守”规矩”啊 |
[05:04] | And Hank Aaron held his bat all wrong. | Hank Aaron拿球棒的姿势还不对呢 |
[05:07] | The great ones have always broken the rules. | 强者永远打破常规 |
[05:10] | But first they learned the fundamentals, | 但先要夯实基础 |
[05:12] | and that’s what I’m trying to teach Frankie. | 这也是我要教Frankie的 |
[05:14] | Frankie? You named my dog? | Frankie 你给我的狗取了名字 |
[05:17] | Well, he’s gotta have a name to respond to, | 你总得让它知道回应哪个名字吧 |
[05:19] | and you were taking a long time coming up with one. | 你又一直想不出 |
[05:21] | Well, Alice picked one last night. | Alice昨晚挑好了 |
[05:23] | Ariel, from The Little Mermaid. | Ariel 小美人鱼的名字 |
[05:27] | Ariel? That’s a girl’s name. | Ariel 那是女孩子的名字啊 |
[05:30] | I know, but she likes it, so we’re going to stick with it. | 我知道 但是Alice喜欢 我们就这么叫它了 |
[05:32] | Well, all right. Shouldn’t screw the dog up too much. | 好吧 你绝对没有搞砸它的狗生 |
[05:37] | – What? – Nothing, I… | – 什么 – 没事 我 |
[05:40] | – I’d better be heading home. – Wait, I’ll walk with you. | – 我还是回家吧 – 等等 我和你一起走 |
[05:42] | I’m gonna take Ariel with me to pick up Alice at preschool. | 我要带Ariel一起去幼儿园接Alice |
[05:45] | – Where’d he go? – He’s in the bedroom. | – 它呢 – 在卧室 |
[05:47] | Ariel Ariel Ariel? Ariel? | |
[05:50] | Oh, shoot, I’m going to be late. Ariel. | 哎呀 我该晚了 Ariel |
[05:52] | Frankie Frankie. | |
[05:59] | Not one word. | 啥都不许说 |
[06:09] | Feels good to be back in class again, doesn’t it? | 回来上课的感觉不错 是吧 |
[06:12] | It’s fantastic. | 是极好的 |
[06:13] | You know, I’m almost jealous of whomever gets to sit here during the day | 我都羡慕白天坐这的人了 |
[06:17] | and make learning his full-time occupation. | 每天只要学习就成 |
[06:21] | Judging from the carving on your desk, | 从你桌上的刻痕来看 |
[06:23] | it looks like his name is Ozzy. | 这人叫Ozzy |
[06:26] | Yes, and apparently he rules. | 嗯 而且他还是主宰 |
[06:31] | All right, everybody. My name is Randy. | 大家好 我是Randy |
[06:33] | And if you’ll take your seats, we’ll get started. | 大家坐好之后我们就上课 |
[06:35] | We’re already seated, Randy. | 我们已经坐好了啊 Randy |
[06:43] | Welcome to Basic Car Repair and Maintenance. | 欢迎来上汽车基础维修与护理 |
[06:46] | This is gonna be a real simple, low-stress class | 这是一门简单 无压力的课程 |
[06:49] | for people who don’t know much about cars. | 适合那些对汽车知之甚少的人 |
[06:51] | Yeah? | 怎么 |
[06:52] | What if you don’t know anything about cars? | 如果一点都不了解怎么办 |
[06:54] | I mean, absolutely nothing. | 真的是完全不了解 |
[06:55] | – Well, then… – Randy, if I may. | – 这个吧 – Randy 我来回答好吗 |
[07:02] | On behalf of the class, I would like to say that | 谨代表全班同学 我想说 |
[07:04] | I…I feel that we’re all a bit anxious. | 我们都有些许紧张情绪 |
[07:07] | But with Randy as our driver, and desire as our gasoline, | 但有Randy作司机 求知欲为汽油 |
[07:13] | we will complete this journey together. | 我们会一起完成此次旅程 |
[07:17] | To paraphrase a famous little engine, “I think we can.” | 借用小火车头的名言 “我觉得我们能行” |
[07:31] | Thank you. | 十分感谢 |
[07:35] | Anyway, let’s start with the basics. | 好了 先从基础开始 |
[07:37] | A car burns gasoline to create small, carefully timed explosions | 汽车燃烧汽油来制造精确计算的小型爆炸 |
[07:42] | whose energy is converted by the engine into forward motion. | 爆炸的能量由引擎转化为前进运动 |
[07:46] | I’ll show you how that happens. | 我来展示下过程 |
[07:48] | So the engine is just like the timpani. | 所以引擎就是定音鼓咯 |
[07:52] | It drives the orchestra forward. | 推动乐团的演奏 |
[07:56] | The conductor drives the orchestra, not the timpani. | 是指挥推动乐团演奏 不是定音鼓 |
[07:59] | Yes, the conductor guides the orchestra. | 指挥是指导乐团 |
[08:01] | He’s more like the steering wheel. | 更像是方向盘 |
[08:03] | The actual driving forward, the driving forward, | 但推动演奏的 推进的那个 |
[08:06] | is actually executed by the percussion section. | 是由打击乐器执行的 |
[08:10] | Sounds like someone needs to take a class in orchestras | 看来有人得补补管弦乐的课 |
[08:12] | rather than automobiles. | 而不是汽车的课 |
[08:15] | Which links the crankshaft to the camshaft, | 连接着机轴和凸轮轴 |
[08:19] | so that the valves are in sync with the pistons. | 使得活塞和阀门同步 |
[08:21] | Oh. | 这样啊 |
[08:23] | Now, as you can imagine, the tolerances of every component in the cylinder | 如你所想 汽缸中每个组件的公差 |
[08:28] | – What’s a camshaft? – I don’t know. You were talking. | – 凸轮轴是个啥 – 不知道 你一直在说话好吗 |
[08:33] | The timing’s off, even just a little… | 如果时机错过 哪怕一瞬间 |
[08:34] | Oh, right, here it is. | 哦 找到了 这呢 |
[08:36] | “The camshaft is the system that opens and closes the valves.” | “凸轮轴是打开和关闭阀门的系统” |
[08:39] | – So it’s this thing it says here. – Right, right, good, got it. | – 这里写的 – 哦哦哦 知道了 |
[08:42] | That was close. We almost got behind. | 太悬了 差点就跟不上了 |
[08:45] | – Well, let’s not let that happen again. – Agreed. | – 这种事别再来一遍了 – 一言为定 |
[08:47] | And if you only take one thing away from this course, | 这节课最该记住的 |
[08:50] | that should be it. | 就是这个 |
[08:54] | Okay, moving on. | 好 我们继续 |
[09:02] | So if you’re finished changing the spark plugs, you’re free to leave | 换好火花塞就可以走了 |
[09:04] | and I’ll see you next week. | 下周见 |
[09:08] | Niles, it’s down to us and Shirley. | Niles 就剩我们和Shirley了 |
[09:12] | I did it. I did it. Whoo! | 换好了 换好了 耶 |
[09:14] | Good job, Shirley. | 干的好 Shirley |
[09:18] | All right, perseverance, Frasier. We’ll get this. | 淡定 要不屈不挠 Frasier 我们会成功的 |
[09:21] | Right, right. Oh, would you take off those stupid goggles? | 肯定的 你能把这二缺护目镜摘了吗 |
[09:24] | – Well, I’m sorry, it’s for safety. – Nobody else wore them. | – 抱歉 这是为了安全考虑 – 别人都没戴 |
[09:27] | No one else wore them in gym class either. | 体育课也没人戴啊 |
[09:29] | But Tommy Fritz scratched his cornea, | 然后Tommy Fritz就划伤了眼角膜 |
[09:30] | and then they were mandatory. | 然后就必须戴眼镜了 |
[09:32] | Give me that wrench. Give me that wrench. | 把扳手给我 给我 |
[09:38] | I’m telling you, I’m telling you, it’s on too tight. | 跟你说 跟你说啊 这太紧了 |
[09:41] | Here, I’ll just try to loosen it up. | 我看看把它弄松 |
[09:43] | Whoa! Whoa! | 嘿 嘿 |
[09:45] | Remember, uh, spark plugs come out with a simple twist and pull. | 记住 火花塞一扭一拉就出来了 |
[09:48] | Twist and pull. Give it a try. | 一扭一拉 试试 |
[09:55] | – Oh! – Okay, that’s called stripping it. | – 唉 – 呃 这个是叫硬拽 |
[10:00] | Wow. Good job, Frasier. Here, let me strip one. | 哇 好厉害 Frasier 来 让我也来硬拽一下 |
[10:02] | No, no. | 不不 |
[10:05] | Stripping it means breaking it. Uh, watch me. | 硬拽会弄坏的 看我 |
[10:14] | So you twist and then pull. | 所以你是一扭然后再一拉 |
[10:19] | You see, I was twisting and pulling simultaneously, | 我扭和拉是同时进行的 |
[10:23] | as per your instructions, twist and pull. | 严格按照指导 一扭一拉 |
[10:25] | In the future, the phrase “twist then pull” might help. | 以后说”一扭然后一拉”会好一点 |
[10:32] | Look, fellas, maybe that’s enough for one night. | 兄弟们 今晚上差不多就这样吧 |
[10:36] | But, uh, why don’t you come in a little early next week, | 不如你们下周早点来 |
[10:37] | and I’ll try to get you caught up to everyone else? | 我给你们开个小灶赶上别人 |
[10:40] | I got a feeling you guys are gonna be my special project. | 我觉得你俩会是我的专门项目 |
[10:49] | Did you hear that, Frasier? | 你听到了吗 Frasier |
[10:51] | We have to come in for tutoring. | 我们得来一对一指导了 |
[10:53] | We’ve become remedial students. | 成补差生了 |
[10:57] | I know. It’s humiliating. | 我知道 太耻辱了 |
[11:00] | I thought we signed up for this class to avoid humiliation. | 本来上课是想避免羞辱的 |
[11:05] | I guess we’re just gonna have to roll up our shirtsleeves | 我想只能撸起袖子 |
[11:10] | and see it through for the next eight weeks. | 将这八周课程坚持到底了 |
[11:12] | Of course we will. | 必须的 |
[11:16] | – Although… – I’m listening. | – 不过 – 怎么了 |
[11:21] | What do we actually accomplish by learning to change our own spark plugs? | 我们会换火花塞又能怎么样呢 |
[11:25] | Oh, yes, of course, we acquire a… a new skill, | 当然 能学会新技能 |
[11:28] | but aren’t we taking a job away from a qualified mechanic? | 但不就是跟职业技师抢工作了吗 |
[11:33] | Someone who may have a family to support. | 他们也要养家糊口 |
[11:35] | Not to mention all the merchants who depend on his disposable income | 还有那些靠技工的收入 |
[11:38] | – for their livelihood. – Yes! Yes, the human toll begins to mount. | – 赖以生存的商人 – 就是啊 人员伤亡增加 |
[11:41] | – Society decays. – Not if I have anything to say about it. | – 社会凋零 – 我不能让这种事发生 |
[11:44] | Niles. I’m quitting. | Niles 我要退课了 |
[11:46] | If you care one jot about civilisation, you’ll quit too. | 如果你对文明还有些许在意 你也会退课的 |
[11:49] | Our duty is clear. Do we have time for gelato? | 我们有自己的分工 还有时间吃意式冰淇淋吗 |
[11:51] | I think so, yes. | 应该有 |
[11:58] | – There’s my burly mechanic. – Ha-ha. | – 我家猛男技工回来了 – 哈哈 |
[12:00] | Hello, Daphne. | 你好 Daphne |
[12:01] | Your ears must have been burning tonight. | 你今天晚上耳朵一定烧得慌 |
[12:04] | – I’ve been bragging about you on the phone to my mom. – Oh. | – 我一直跟我妈在电话里显摆你来着 – 哦 |
[12:07] | I know I said you didn’t have to take this auto class, | 我是说过你没必要非去上维修课 |
[12:10] | but I rather like the idea of my man being able to rescue me by the roadside. | 但我喜欢我男人能解救我于路边这个感觉 |
[12:14] | – You do? – Yeah. | – 是吗 – 是啊 |
[12:16] | It just shows me how much you care. | 显示出你有多在乎 |
[12:20] | Well, um, next week, we’re flushing radiators. | 呃 下周我们学冲洗散热器 |
[12:27] | Niles Niles. | |
[12:32] | Hey, Mr. Goodwrench. | 嘿 好扳手先生 |
[12:38] | – Recognise this? – No. | – 记得这个吗 – 没印象 |
[12:40] | Well, it’s your grandpa’s old toolbox. | 这是你爷爷的工具箱 |
[12:43] | He gave it to me when I was 18. | 我18岁的时候他给我的 |
[12:45] | I think you’re ready for it now. | 我觉得现在应该给你了 |
[12:52] | Well, thanks, Dad, but, uh… | 谢谢老爸 但是 |
[12:55] | I know it sounds kind of corny, | 可能听着有点俗 |
[12:56] | but it meant a lot to me when my father gave that to me. | 但是我父亲给我的时候对我意义重大 |
[12:59] | Every time I use it, I think of him. | 每次使用的时候我都会想起他 |
[13:02] | And maybe every time you use it in class, | 可能你每次在课上用 |
[13:04] | you’ll think of your old man and how proud he is. | 都能想起你家老头子对你有多自豪 |
[13:06] | Oh, gosh, Dad, I don’t know what to say. | 天 老爸 我都不知道怎么说了 |
[13:09] | Well, maybe someday, you’ll pass it on to your son. | 希望有一天 你也能把这个给你儿子 |
[13:12] | But first maybe I’ll remove the topless playing cards. | 在那之前我得把这些赤身裸体的纸牌拿出去 |
[13:19] | Your grandpa loved the nudies. | 你爷爷就喜欢裸体照片 |
[13:30] | Yes, Martin, I’ll be home in time to feed the puppy. | 嗯 Martin 我会及时回去喂狗的 |
[13:35] | I said I would be home. | 我说了会回去 |
[13:37] | Okay, bye-bye. | 好 再见 |
[13:39] | Your dad is driving me nuts about this dog. | 为这只狗你爸快把我弄疯了 |
[13:42] | Roz, do you mind? We’re trying to study. | Roz 能待会说吗 我们学习呢 |
[13:45] | Wow. That reminds me of college. | 哇 这让我想起大学了 |
[13:47] | Staying up all night before a big exam and wishing I’d studied instead. | 考试前熬一整晚 幻想要是学习了多好 |
[13:55] | Yes, as much as we’d love to relive those four months with you, | 虽然我们想和你一起回顾那四个月 |
[13:58] | our class begins shortly. | 可我们马上要上课了 |
[14:00] | We’re trying to learn last week’s material. | 我们想学好上周的材料 |
[14:02] | Frasier, it’s useless. It’s pointless, it’s boring. | Frasier 这根本没用处 没意义 没意思 |
[14:06] | And, really, who cares? | 而且说真的 谁在乎啊 |
[14:09] | Wow, it sounds like you guys should just quit. | 感觉你们应该直接退课啊 |
[14:12] | If only we could, Roz. | 能退就好了 Roz |
[14:13] | It’s just that Dad and Daphne are proud of us, | 就是老爸和Daphne都为我们骄傲 |
[14:15] | we can’t let them down. | 不能让他们失望啊 |
[14:16] | They’ve already bought mahogany frames | 他们都买了桃花心木框架 |
[14:18] | so they can showcase our certificates of completion. | 来展示我们的结业证明了 |
[14:21] | So complete it. I mean, that doesn’t mean you have to ace it. | 那就好好结业吧 又不是说你们必须是优等生 |
[14:24] | Just sit there and nod your head a few times, and you’re home free. | 坐那没事点个头就稳妥的了 |
[14:28] | Are you suggesting we coast? | 你是让我们糊弄过去 |
[14:35] | We have never walked the back alleys of underachievement before. | 我们从没当过坏孩子啊 |
[14:42] | Dare we? | 咱敢这么干吗 |
[14:54] | Oh! I felt a chill. | 有丝丝寒意啊 |
[15:01] | Come on, Eddie. Get in on this. | Eddie 来一起玩嘛 |
[15:06] | Oh, what? You’re too grown-up for the sock game? | 怎么 觉得袜子游戏太幼稚了 |
[15:09] | – Yeah, come in. – Hey, Mart… | – 嗯 进来吧 – 嘿 Martin |
[15:13] | What the hell is going on? | 你搞什么鬼 |
[15:15] | Well, you were late, so I brought Frankie here. | 你回来晚了 我就把Frankie带过来了 |
[15:18] | His name is Ariel, and I was 15 minutes late. | 它叫Ariel 而且我只晚了15分钟 |
[15:21] | Well, that’s almost two hours in doggie minutes. | 那对狗狗来说就是两个小时 |
[15:25] | Plus, you didn’t put the top back on his worm medicine. | 还有 你没把驱虫药的盖子盖回去 |
[15:28] | Plus, the water in his dish got dusty. | 另外 它盘子里的水脏了 |
[15:31] | – You know, Roz, I don’t think this setup is working out too well. – I’ll say. | – 我觉得这种安排不是很好 – 我觉得也是 |
[15:35] | So I think it might be best if he lived here with me for a while. | 所以最好还是让它跟我住一阵吧 |
[15:37] | – What? – Just until he grows up a little bit. | – 什么 – 等它长大一点 |
[15:39] | You know, they need a lot of attention at this age. | 狗这么小的时候需要多照顾些的 |
[15:42] | I asked you to help me, Martin, not take over. | Martin 我是让你帮忙 不是接管 |
[15:45] | You’re acting like my mother. | 你这样跟我妈似的 |
[15:46] | Do you hear how she talks to me? | 听听她都怎么跟我说话的 |
[15:48] | After all I’ve done for her, and this is the thanks I get. | 我为她做了这么多 她就这么感谢我 |
[15:52] | Give him to me. | 把它给我 |
[15:53] | Roz, I don’t think you’re in the right frame of mind. | 我觉得你心态不太好 |
[15:55] | – Give him to me. – No. | – 给我 – 不给 |
[15:57] | Well, I’m leaving here with a dog one way or another. | 反正我肯定要带一只狗走的 |
[16:01] | – You wouldn’t. – Try me. | – 你不会这么干的 – 你试试啊 |
[16:02] | No, wait. | 停 等会 |
[16:07] | You first. | 你先 |
[16:19] | You’re not holding him right. | 你抱它的姿势不对 |
[16:21] | Damn it, Martin, just because I’m not raising him your way | 该死 Martin 我没按你的方法养它 |
[16:24] | doesn’t mean I’m raising him the wrong way, so butt out. | 不代表我就错了 所以别再插嘴了 |
[16:28] | All right. | 好吧 |
[16:32] | Can I at least come and visit him once in a while? | 我能时不时去看看它吗 |
[16:34] | You think you can do it without criticising me? | 那你看它的时候能不教育我吗 |
[16:37] | Yeah, I promise. | 嗯 我保证 |
[16:39] | Okay, you can come visit. | 嗯 那就来看吧 |
[16:43] | – Bye, Frankie. – Martin. | – Frankie再见 – Martin |
[16:47] | Ariel. | Ariel再见 |
[16:49] | See you later, Martin. | 再见 Martin |
[17:00] | Hey, that’s my boy, yes. | 哟 我的小家伙 |
[17:03] | Come on. | 来吧 |
[17:08] | Uh, the brake pedal feels a little mushy. | 呃 制动踏板有些绵软无力 |
[17:12] | What is the possible cause? | 都有什么原因 |
[17:15] | Let’s get someone new this time. How about Frasier? | 叫个没叫过的吧 Frasier行吗 |
[17:26] | What? | 啥 |
[17:31] | What would cause a mushy feeling in the brakes? | 什么会造成制动踏板绵软 |
[17:40] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[17:43] | Niles? | Niles呢 |
[17:44] | Uh, mush? | 呃 绵 |
[17:49] | It’s caused by a leak in the brake line. | 制动管路漏油 |
[17:51] | Good, Shirley. Did everybody hear that? | 对 Shirley 大家都听到了吗 |
[17:53] | Her voice was kind of muffled. | 她声音有点含糊不清的 |
[17:56] | What with her lips being pressed up against Randy’s butt. | 因为她的嘴忙着向Randy献媚呢 |
[18:03] | Guys, this is the last time I’m gonna tell you. | 两位 我说最后一遍 |
[18:05] | Keep it down, okay? | 小点声 好吗 |
[18:08] | A leak in the brake line is, uh, certainly a possible cause. | 制动管路漏油是 呃 原因之一 |
[18:12] | Ah. Another culprit might be the wheel cylinder. | 还有一个元凶就是制动轮缸 |
[18:15] | If the caps are brittle and cracked, | 如果盖子易碎破裂 |
[18:17] | you can develop a leak there too. | 也可能会造成泄露 |
[18:19] | Either case, the hydraulics… | 不管哪种情况 液压装置 |
[18:25] | Is that a funny note there? | 是什么有趣的小条吗 |
[18:28] | I enjoy funny things. Why don’t I share it with the class? | 我喜欢有趣的事 和大家一起分享下吧 |
[18:36] | Does anybody here read French? | 有人认识法语吗 |
[18:49] | Anyone besides Frasier? | 除了Frasier呢 |
[18:57] | Let me see you guys out in the hall. | 给我到走廊去 |
[18:59] | Ooh… Busted. | 唔 遭殃了吧 |
[19:01] | And bring your books and tools. | 把书和工具都带上 |
[19:05] | Uh-oh. We’re in trouble now. | 啊哦 我们现在有麻烦了 |
[19:09] | We’re not in trouble, we are trouble. | 不是有麻烦 我们就是麻烦 |
[19:19] | Please, please, don’t throw us out. | 拜托拜托 别不让我们上课 |
[19:21] | We’ll shut up, we promise. | 我们会闭嘴的 保证 |
[19:22] | You’ve promised that four times tonight. | 你们今天都保证四回了 |
[19:24] | Sorry, you’re gone. | 抱歉 你们必须得走 |
[19:25] | – But what are we gonna tell our dad? – And my girlfriend? | – 可我们怎么和老爸交代啊 – 还有我女友 |
[19:29] | Maybe you should have thought of that before you started goofing off. | 你们瞎折腾之前就应该想到这些 |
[19:32] | Okay, okay, so, uh, how does this work, Randy? | 好吧 好吧 我们现在怎么弄 Randy |
[19:35] | You, you, you mail us our certificates of completion or what? | 你把我们结业证书寄过来还是怎么样 |
[19:38] | Yeah. Um, let me go get a pen and paper for your addresses. | 嗯 让我去拿下笔和纸记下地址 |
[19:41] | Alrighty. | 好哒 |
[19:58] | I’m starting to think he’s not coming back. | 我觉得他应该不会回来了 |
[20:05] | Not only did we stink at auto class, | 我们不止汽修课学得不好 |
[20:06] | we stunk at coasting through auto class. | 连蒙混过关都不成 |
[20:10] | We became back-row hooligans, Niles. | 我们成了后座混混 Niles |
[20:14] | The very students we hated back in school. | 成了我们上学时恨的那些人 |
[20:16] | I always thought they were just mean. | 我以前觉得他们那么做是因为刻薄 |
[20:18] | Now I realise they were simply acting out of frustration. | 现在想想应该就是沮丧而已 |
[20:22] | So when Billy Kriezel tried to stuff you into your locker after math class, | 所以Billy Kriezel数学课后想把你塞进柜子里 |
[20:27] | he wasn’t really mad at you. | 不是因为生你的气 |
[20:28] | He was mad at Pythagoras. | 他只是不忿毕达哥拉斯而已 |
[20:33] | Which is ironic | 挺讽刺啊 |
[20:33] | because a simple volume equation would have shown him I couldn’t fit. | 一个简单的体积公式就能证明不可能把我塞进去 |
[20:39] | You know, we never should have lied to Dad and Daphne. | 我们就不应该骗老爸和Daphne |
[20:42] | If we wanted to quit, we should have just quit. | 想退就应该退 |
[20:46] | Yes, it would have saved us a lot of embarrassment. | 嗯 省了我们多少尴尬 |
[20:48] | Well, that’s the lesson here. Never deny your true nature. | 这件事教育我们 永远不要否认自己的本性 |
[20:53] | That’s right. Honesty. | 嗯 要正直 |
[20:57] | This certificate look official enough? | 这张证书够正式了吗 |
[21:00] | I think you’ve finally got it. | 终于像样了 |
[21:01] | – Two, please. – Yeah. | – 来两张 – 嗯 |