时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:08] | Frasier, I knew when you bought me lunch, | Frasier 只要你给我买午餐 |
[00:10] | there was going to be a catch. | 你就一定是有目的的 |
[00:12] | How long is this gonna take? | 这要用多长时间啊 |
[00:13] | Well, it shouldn’t take too long, Roz. | 不会太久的 Roz |
[00:15] | I can’t believe I’m actually scouring a science-fiction convention | 不敢相信我真的跑到科幻年会上 |
[00:18] | for X- Men comics. | 来找X战警的漫画了 |
[00:19] | I feel I’m contributing to the decline of my son’s intellect. | 感觉像是在帮我的儿子降智商 |
[00:24] | Then why are you doing it? | 那你为什么还来 |
[00:25] | Well, because I said no to the eyebrow ring. | 因为我不让他穿眉环 |
[00:29] | Oh, excuse me, good sir. | 先生 打扰一下 |
[00:31] | Could you direct me, please, to Cubby’s World of Comics? | 您能告诉我Cubby漫画世界怎么走吗 |
[00:34] | Yeah, it’s right over there. | 就在那边 |
[00:36] | Thank you. Thank you very much. | 谢谢 非常感谢 |
[00:37] | You’re a fierce but helpful people. | 您是个可怕但又能帮忙的人 |
[00:39] | Oh, stop. | 你得了吧 |
[00:44] | – Good Lord. That’s Jackson Hedley. – Who? | – 天啊 那人是Jackson Hedley – 谁 |
[00:48] | Jackson Hedley, the famous Shakespearean actor. | Jackson Hedley 著名的莎翁戏剧演员 |
[00:50] | He came to my school when I was a teen, | 在我小的时候 他来过我们学校 |
[00:52] | did a one-man show of soliloquies, began my love affair with the Bard. | 演了一出独白 让我爱上了莎士比亚 |
[00:55] | Excuse me, Roz | 抱歉 Roz |
[00:55] | I think I’ll just go pay my respects to Mr. Hedley. | 我要去对Hedley先生表达我的敬意 |
[01:04] | Excuse me. Um, what’s Jackson Hedley doing here? | 请问Jackson Hedley在这边干嘛 |
[01:07] | Signing autographs and being awesome. | 签名加做个酷毙了的人 |
[01:12] | They’ve got the whole cast of Space Patrol coming this weekend. | <太空巡逻>全剧组这个周末都来了 |
[01:16] | Jackson Hedley was on a television show? | Jackson Hedley演了一部电视剧吗 |
[01:19] | What, are you kidding? | 你在逗我吗 |
[01:20] | He’s Tobor, the ship’s android. | 他演的可是Tobor 舰上的机器人 |
[01:22] | Where’ve you been, man? | 你天天都干啥了 |
[01:24] | I don’t know. | 不知道啊 |
[01:26] | Reading, attending the theatre, getting haircuts. | 看书 去剧院 剪头发 |
[01:34] | Hi, Roz. | 嗨 Roz |
[01:39] | Hi, Noel. | 嗨 Noel |
[01:40] | So you’re a closet Trekker. | 原来你是隐藏的星际迷航粉啊 |
[01:42] | I always had a feeling we were more than mere coworkers. | 我总觉得你我不仅仅是工作关系 |
[01:46] | This explains the heat between us. | 原来是因为这个打得火热啊 |
[01:50] | I feel heat, all right. Because I’m in hell. | 我是感觉水深火热 这简直是灾难 |
[01:53] | – There you are, Dwayne. – Thanks, Tobor. | – 给你 Dwayne – 谢谢 Tobor |
[01:57] | Hello, Mr. Hedley. | 您好 Hedley先生 |
[01:58] | May I say it’s an honour to see you again. | 再次见到您 我深感荣幸 |
[02:00] | Thank you. So, what would you like to be autographed today? | 谢谢 你想要我签在哪儿呢 |
[02:03] | Actually, I already have your autograph. | 其实我已经有你的签名了 |
[02:05] | I got it after seeing your performance of Hamlet. | 我在您<哈姆雷特>的演出之后拿到的 |
[02:08] | Oh, my. | 天啊 |
[02:09] | – That was a long time ago. – But not forgotten. | – 那可是很久以前了 – 我一直记着 |
[02:12] | May I say, on behalf of my brother and myself, | 我要代表我和我弟弟对你说 |
[02:15] | thank you | 感谢你 |
[02:16] | for opening our young eyes to the wonders of Shakespeare. | 让我们从小就接触到莎士比亚的杰作 |
[02:19] | You are more than welcome. | 不用谢 太客气了 |
[02:21] | Tell me, do you get to do much theatre anymore? | 你现在还会出演戏剧么 |
[02:24] | Oh, no, I’m afraid those days are over. | 恐怕那些日子已经过去了 |
[02:26] | The show became so popular, | 这部剧太火了 |
[02:28] | I can’t get cast as anything but an android, a cyborg, | 我接到的角色全是些机器人 电子人 |
[02:32] | or when I get a chance to really spread my wings, a mutant. | 即便有机会大展拳脚了 也是异形人 |
[02:38] | Well, what a shame. For you and the theatre. | 对你和戏剧界来说 真的太可惜了 |
[02:42] | Oh, you are very kind. | 你真是太好了 |
[02:45] | Well, my fans await. It was lovely meeting you, Mr… | 我的剧迷还在等 见到你很愉快 呃 |
[02:48] | Frasier Crane Frasier Crane. | |
[02:49] | Thank you, Mr. Hedley. | 谢谢你 Hedley先生 |
[02:53] | It just breaks my heart to see that man reduced to this. | 看他沦落成这样 我心都碎了 |
[02:57] | So demeaning. | 太有失身份了 |
[02:59] | Well, so he’s not doing Shakespeare, | 虽然他不演莎剧了 |
[03:01] | but look, he’s got tons of fans that worship him. | 但瞅瞅 他有这么多崇拜他的粉丝呢 |
[03:03] | What’s so demeaning about that? | 这怎么就有失身份了呢 |
[03:05] | Hey, Tobor, would you do my kid’s birthday party? | Tobor 你能来我儿子的生日宴会么 |
[03:09] | Here’s my card. | 这是我的名片 |
[03:12] | Travel time is extra and I eat by myself. | 路费另收钱 而且我单独就餐 |
[03:25] | Look who I found at the airport. | 瞧我在机场碰见谁了 |
[03:28] | Welcome home, Dad. So how was Florida? | 欢迎回家 老爸 佛罗里达怎么样啊 |
[03:30] | Oh, it was a whirlwind. | 我们是马不停蹄啊 |
[03:32] | Duke and I hit the dog track, | Duke跟我去看了赛狗 |
[03:34] | and then we met the Michael Jordan | 然后我们在红龙虾店 |
[03:36] | Of jai alai players at the Red Lobster. | 遇到了回力球界的迈克尔乔丹 |
[03:38] | But the place I went back to most of all | 但是我主要是为了去 |
[03:41] | was Captain Pete’s Gator Farm. | 皮特船长的鳄鱼农场 |
[03:44] | Did you go see the Hemingway home? | 你有去看海明威故居吗 |
[03:46] | Well, you know, Fras, you can’t squeeze everything in. | 这个嘛 Fras 时间有限 不能哪儿都去啊 |
[03:50] | But I tell you, these gators are amazing. | 但是我跟你说 那些鳄鱼太棒了 |
[03:53] | You’re out in the glades in this fan boat, | 你在沼泽里 坐在平底船上 |
[03:55] | and it’s just you and Captain Pete | 就只有你 皮特船长 |
[03:57] | and a cooler full of raw chickens. | 还有一冷箱的生鸡肉 |
[04:01] | To think I wasted my last vacation in Vienna. | 这样一看 我的维也纳假期也不算浪费 |
[04:04] | Then he dangles a chicken at the end of a stick | 然后他把鸡悬在棒子的一头 |
[04:06] | and before you know it, | 你还没反应过来呢 |
[04:07] | a 15-foot monster comes rushing out of the water. | 一只15英尺的怪兽就跃出水面了 |
[04:10] | And he’s yelling: | 然后他就喊 |
[04:11] | “Hurry up and take the picture. This son of a bitch is heavy!” | “赶紧拍照啊 这破玩意儿太沉了” |
[04:15] | That’s delightful, Dad. | 太好玩儿了 老爸 |
[04:18] | – Where’s Daphne? – My honey bunny has the flu. | – Daphne人呢 – 我家亲爱的得了流感 |
[04:21] | That’s too bad. | 可怜的 |
[04:23] | Probably got it standing in front of an open refrigerator. | 是因为在冰箱前站了太久吧 |
[04:27] | Nice to have you back, Dad. | 你回来了真好 老爸 |
[04:30] | – Frasier. – Thank you, Niles. | – Frasier – 谢谢 Niles |
[04:32] | You will never guess what I found. | 你猜我找到了什么 |
[04:38] | This is the autograph | 这是我初中时候 |
[04:39] | Jackson Hedley gave me in junior high school. | Jackson Hedley给我的签名 |
[04:42] | Niles Niles. | |
[04:45] | “Dear Coach Pellit, | “亲爱的Pellit教练 |
[04:46] | please excuse Niles from gym for obvious reasons.” | “很明显 Niles不能参加体育课 望理解” |
[04:50] | – The other side. – I figured. | – 另一面 – 我想也是 |
[04:53] | “To Niles | “致Niles |
[04:55] | “my kingdom for more fans like you. | “用我的王国换更多像你一样的粉丝 |
[04:59] | Jackson Hedley.” Gosh. | “Jackson Hedley” 天啊 |
[05:01] | That’s lovely. | 太贴心了 |
[05:03] | Of course, I’m still envious that you got to see him again. | 是啊 我真羡慕你能够再次见到他 |
[05:06] | You wouldn’t be if you’d been at that convention, Niles. | 你要是在场就不会这么觉得了 Niles |
[05:08] | To see the man who defined Hamlet | 看到这个诠释了哈姆雷特的人 |
[05:12] | reduced to hawking T-shirts and sci-fi gewgaws. | 沦落到兜售T恤和科幻周边的地步 |
[05:17] | – It’s a terrible waste of talent. – Tragic. | – 埋没天才啊 – 悲剧 |
[05:19] | No artist should have to endure that. | 任何艺术家都不应承受这些 |
[05:23] | If only people could see him the way we did. | 如果大家能像我们一样欣赏他该多好 |
[05:27] | Niles Niles. | |
[05:29] | how difficult would it be to mount Jackson’s one-man show? | 给Jackson准备一个单人演出 难吗 |
[05:32] | It’s relatively simple. | 应该还蛮简单的 |
[05:34] | That’s true. There’s minimal scenery, no supporting ca… | 没错 布景很少 也不用其他演员 |
[05:40] | – Wait a minute, are you suggesting…? – Well, why not? | – 等等 你是说 – 对啊 干嘛不呢 |
[05:42] | There’s certainly no shortage of theatres in this town. | 这里显然不缺剧院 |
[05:45] | We could do it on a Monday night when they’re all dark anyway. | 反正周一剧院公休的时候也可以演啊 |
[05:47] | We could revive the man’s career. | 我们能让他的生涯复苏 |
[05:48] | Just think what a gift it would be to | 让他重返属于他的舞台 |
[05:50] | return this man to the stage where he belongs. | 是一份多棒的礼物啊 |
[05:52] | It would be like repaying | 他将莎剧似礼物般赠予我们 |
[05:53] | him for giving us the gift of Shakespeare. | 这就像是对他的回礼 |
[05:55] | And if the evening goes very well, who knows? | 如果演出效果很好的话 |
[05:57] | We could be in for a long run. We might take it on the road. | 说不定我们还能做下去 办巡回演出 |
[06:00] | Why not a television special? With a much larger audience. | 来个电视特辑吧 观众会更多 |
[06:02] | It could become a cottage industry: | 还可以发展到家庭手工业 |
[06:05] | T-shirts, posters, personal appearances. | T恤啊 海报啊 形象设计啊 |
[06:07] | Thank God we’ve come along to save this man. | 有我们来拯救他 谢天谢地啊 |
[06:10] | – Niles. – Cheers. | – Niles – 干杯 |
[06:16] | Gosh, Niles, I can’t wait to show Jackson his new venue. | 等不及要给Jackson看他的新舞台了 |
[06:20] | Gosh, what an honour it is | 天啊 多么荣幸啊 |
[06:21] | to be reuniting such a great talent with the stage. | 能让这样的天才与舞台重聚 |
[06:23] | Is he here yet? | 他到了吗 |
[06:24] | No, he’s cutting the opening ribbon at Galaxy Mattresses. | 还没 他正在给”银河床垫”剪彩 |
[06:28] | Well, once this show opens, | 没关系 等这演出上映后 |
[06:29] | he’ll be able to throw away his oversized novelty shears. | 他就能扔掉超大号的花式剪刀了 |
[06:33] | Yes. | 没错 |
[06:35] | I just came from the box office. | 对了 我刚刚从售票处过来 |
[06:36] | Ticket sales are going at a brisk pace. | 门票卖得相当可观 |
[06:39] | I’m not surprised. I’ve got half the station coming. | 一点都不奇怪 半个电台的人都要来呢 |
[06:41] | I’ve got a group coming from the wine club. | 品酒俱乐部也有一群人要来 |
[06:42] | You know, Niles, we’ve done a good job of getting the word out. | Niles 我们的宣传工作很到位啊 |
[06:44] | – That’s why we get to be producers. – Yes, yes. | – 所以我们才能做制作人 – 没错 |
[06:48] | Hello, lads. | 小伙子们 你们好 |
[06:50] | Mr. Hedley, please join us on the stage. | Hedley先生 快请上台来 |
[06:53] | – Yes, or shall we say, on your stage. – Oh, yes. | – 不 我该说 上到您的舞台来 – 没错 |
[07:00] | It is such a long time since I’ve trod the boards. | 离我上次上台 已经过去好久了 |
[07:06] | Do you really think people are going to pay money | 你们真的相信 时隔这么多年 |
[07:07] | to see me after all these years? | 人们还会花钱来看我演出吗 |
[07:10] | The way things are going, we expect a sellout. | 根据目前的态势 我们预期会卖空 |
[07:12] | One week from today, you’ll be looking out on a packed house. | 一周之后 这里将座无虚席 |
[07:16] | Really? Do you know the one thing | 真的吗 关于现场演出 |
[07:18] | that I don’t miss about performing live? | 有一件事我很不喜欢 |
[07:22] | It’s the jitters. It’s the dry heaves. | 我会紧张 还有干呕 |
[07:27] | – Maybe this wasn’t the best idea. – No, no, sir, please. Please. | – 这个想法可能不是很好 – 请不要这样 |
[07:32] | The theatre is your true destiny. | 戏剧 是您的命之所属啊 |
[07:35] | It courses through your veins. It fills your lungs. | 它穿梭于你的血液 充满你的呼吸 |
[07:40] | This is your stage. | 这里是您的舞台 |
[07:45] | Welcome home. | 欢迎回家 |
[07:46] | And you said you’d never produced before. | 你竟然说你从来没当过制作人 |
[07:51] | Ladies and gentlemen, | 女士们先生们 |
[07:55] | I bring you to a hall in Elsinore castle. | 我们带您来到 艾尔西诺城堡 |
[08:02] | Denmark. | 位于丹麦 |
[08:08] | I die, Horatio. | 我要死了 霍拉旭 |
[08:15] | The potent poison quite o’ercrows my spirit. | 毒药正在侵袭我的理智 |
[08:23] | I cannot live to hear the news from England, | 我无法活着听到英格兰的消息了 |
[08:27] | but I do prophesy th’ election lights on Fortinbras. | 但我预言福丁布拉斯将被选举为王 |
[08:37] | He has my dying voice. | 他得到我垂死的赞许 |
[08:41] | The rest is… | 其余的 |
[08:47] | …silence. | 只有寂静 |
[08:58] | You know, you boys were right. It’s as if I never left. | 你们是对的 感觉像是从未离开一样 |
[09:10] | Fras. Just got my alligator pictures back. | Fras 我刚把鳄鱼的照片拿回来 |
[09:14] | Take a look. | 你看 |
[09:19] | – This? – That’s Captain Pete. | – 这是 – 皮特船长 |
[09:20] | Right. | 好 |
[09:21] | That’s the gator boat. | 这就是那个平底船 |
[09:24] | That’s the chicken. | 那是鸡 |
[09:27] | Oh, and that’s him. The one I call Snappy. | 这就是那条鳄鱼 我叫他Snappy |
[09:34] | What’s that? | 这是什么 |
[09:35] | Oh, that’s Duke’s bypass scar. I had to use up the roll. | 那是Duke的搭桥手术疤 我得把胶卷用完 |
[09:39] | Yes, well, we’ll have to look at these later, Dad. | 我们过会儿再看这些吧 老爸 |
[09:41] | That’d be Niles. | Niles来了 |
[09:42] | He’s here to discuss our show. | 他来跟我商量演出的事情 |
[09:44] | You want a show? Well, take a tip from me, Mr. Producer. | 要演出 听我一言 制片人先生 |
[09:48] | One alligator, one chicken, one satisfied audience. | 一只鳄鱼一只鸡 一位观众很满意 |
[09:56] | Hello, Niles. Come in. | 嗨 Niles 进来吧 |
[09:56] | Frasier, I got your message. It sounded urgent. | Frasier 我收到你消息了 像是急事儿 |
[09:58] | Yes, yes, it’s about Jackson. | 没错 是Jackson的事儿 |
[10:00] | Oh, please don’t tell me he’s getting any worse. | 拜托别跟我说他演的更糟了 |
[10:03] | Yesterday, I saw the stagehands passing out earplugs. | 昨天我看见后台人员在分发耳塞 |
[10:07] | It’s not his fault. He’s only rusty. | 这不怪他 他只是生疏了一些 |
[10:09] | After years on that ridiculous space opera, | 演了那么多年可笑的太空肥皂剧 |
[10:12] | he’s picked up some bad habits. | 他染上了一些坏习惯 |
[10:14] | Well, I was fortunate enough to find a videotape of his one-man show. | 我幸运地找到了他演独角戏的录像 |
[10:18] | Once he sees this, it will remind him of what good acting is. | 等他看过之后 就会想起怎样才能演好了 |
[10:22] | You know, shake loose the artist from the android. | 把艺术家从机器人的枷锁中解放 |
[10:26] | That, sir, is why you are | 正是因此 先生 才让你成为 |
[10:28] | the first Crane in Crane and Crane Productions. | “Crane和Crane制片”中的第一位Crane |
[10:31] | Thank you, Niles. All right, listen. | 谢谢 Niles 好了 听我说 |
[10:33] | Jackson’s on his way over here. Let’s take a quick peep at this. | Jackson正在来的路上 我们赶紧先看一眼 |
[10:39] | His Lear. Oh, gosh, that brings back memories. | 他演李尔王 天啊 都是回忆啊 |
[10:41] | Here, let me turn up the volume. | 我把声音调大点 |
[10:42] | Blow, winds, and crack your cheeks. | 吹吧 风啊 胀破了你的脸颊 |
[10:47] | Rage! Blow! | 猛烈地吹吧 |
[10:50] | You cataracts and hurricanoes, | 你 瀑布一样的倾盆大雨 |
[10:54] | spout till you have drenched our steeples, | 尽管倒泻下来 浸没了我们的尖塔 |
[11:01] | drowned the cocks. | 淹沉了屋顶上的风标吧 |
[11:11] | He’s awful. | 他烂透了 |
[11:15] | The man has no instincts. | 压根没有演戏的天赋 |
[11:18] | Just stinks. | 完全糟透了 |
[11:22] | I guess we were just too young to know it. | 可能当初我们太年轻吧 |
[11:25] | Frasier, this is going to be humiliating, | Frasier 这事儿会很丢人的 |
[11:27] | not just for us, but for Jackson. | 不仅对我们 对Jackson也一样 |
[11:29] | What are we gonna do? | 我们该怎么办 |
[11:32] | What all good producers do. | 和好的制片人做一样的事 |
[11:34] | We’ll shut down and blame the director. | 停工然后怪罪导演 |
[11:38] | That’ll be Jackson now. | Jackson来了 |
[11:42] | All we have to do is get Jackson to bow out gracefully | 我们只需让Jackson优雅的谢幕 |
[11:44] | and we’ll refund all the tickets. | 然后退还所有的门票 |
[11:47] | Hello, lads. | 小伙子们 你们好 |
[11:49] | Please, come in, Mr. Hedley. | 请进 Hedley先生 |
[11:52] | You must be the Crane pater. | 您一定是父亲Crane吧 |
[11:55] | It is a pleasure to encounter the headwaters | 吾泛敝舟于双江之上 |
[11:58] | whence spring these twin rivers | 今得见养育双子江的水之源头 |
[12:01] | upon which I have launched my humble craft. | 甚是有幸啊 |
[12:05] | Likewise. | 彼此彼此 |
[12:10] | I’m telling you, one gator, one chicken. | 我说过了 一只鳄鱼 一只鸡 |
[12:16] | Please, Mr. Hedley, won’t you sit down? | Hedley先生 快请坐 |
[12:19] | Yeah. | 好 |
[12:20] | Oh, I see my producers have long faces. | 我看到我的制片人们面露愁容 |
[12:23] | I think I know why. | 我想我知道原因 |
[12:25] | – You do? – Well, it’s obvious, isn’t it? | – 是吗 – 很明显啊 不是吗 |
[12:29] | It is to us. | 对我们来说 确实明显 |
[12:31] | Well, your worries are at an end. | 不过你们不用担心了 |
[12:33] | I’ve fired the director. The man’s a clod. | 我炒掉了那个导演 他就是个呆子 |
[12:37] | I mean, not even the stagehands follow his directions. | 就连后台的人都不听他的指挥 |
[12:40] | He shouts at them and they pretend not to hear. | 他朝他们喊 他们都假装听不见 |
[12:45] | Mr. Hedley, it’s not the director. | Hedley先生 这不怪导演 |
[12:50] | – We have a problem. – What sort of problem? | – 我们遇到了问题 – 什么样的 |
[12:53] | Let me be frank. | 请允许我直说 |
[12:54] | Because an artist of your calibre deserves honesty. | 您这般才华的人 应当被坦诚相待 |
[12:58] | An acting performance is a journey of discovery. | 表演是一条不断探索的道路 |
[13:05] | This brief rehearsal time that we’ve given you | 我们所安排给您的 短暂的排演时间 |
[13:08] | is far too short to reach Parnassus, | 远不能企及帕纳索斯山的高度 |
[13:14] | home of the muses. | 缪斯的家 |
[13:17] | Forgive us for being so blunt. | 请原谅我们如此直白 |
[13:21] | Oh, I see. We’re getting to the real problem. | 我懂了 我们遇到真的问题了 |
[13:25] | I’ve got untested producers and they’ve got the jitters. | 我没有经验的制片人怯场了 |
[13:30] | But not to worry, it’s perfectly natural. | 不过别担心 这是很正常的 |
[13:33] | Do you know I’ve never worked with producers | 你们知道吗 我所有的制片人 |
[13:35] | who haven’t wanted to pull the plug before the opening night? | 在开演的前一天都想叫停 |
[13:40] | But I won’t let you quit. | 但我不会让你们放弃的 |
[13:43] | This show is going on. | 这出戏非演不可 |
[13:45] | In the words of our great author: | 正如我们伟大的作家所说 |
[13:47] | Stiffen the sinews, summon up the blood. | 叫筋脉愤张 叫血气直冲 |
[13:51] | Disguise fair nature with hard-favour’d rage, | 把善良的本性变成一片杀气腾腾 |
[13:58] | then lend the eye a terrible aspect. | 叫两眼圆睁 |
[14:09] | I think he’s getting better, don’t you? | 我觉得他演的好些了 有没有 |
[14:15] | Fifteen minutes to curtain. | 还有十五分钟开幕 |
[14:19] | Look out there. | 看看外面 |
[14:21] | Everybody we know is out there. | 我们认识的人全都来了 |
[14:23] | Look at all those smiling faces, | 看看这一张张带笑的脸 |
[14:26] | soon to be frozen in a rictus of revenge. | 不久之后就会因复仇而扭曲 |
[14:32] | – The place is packed. – It’s standing room only. | – 全都坐满了 – 只剩站着的地方了 |
[14:39] | You know, Niles, | Niles 你知道么 |
[14:41] | I think we may have exceeded maximum occupancy. | 我觉得已经超过了剧场最大容量 |
[14:48] | That could be a fire hazard. | 可能存在火灾隐患 |
[14:50] | It would be a shame if someone should call the fire marshal | 要是有人告知了火警 |
[14:54] | and he should shut us down. | 演出被取消 可就太可惜了 |
[14:56] | Yes, it would. | 确实很可惜 |
[14:57] | A damn shame if the old phone in the marshal’s office | 简直可惜 要是火警办公室的旧电话 |
[15:01] | would start to jingle, jing… | 开始叮当响 叮当 |
[15:03] | Just call! | 打你的电话去吧 |
[15:06] | – Ten minutes to curtain. – No, I’m sorry. | – 还有十分钟开幕 – 不好意思 |
[15:08] | I believe that your watch happens to be a tad fast. | 我觉得你的表可能快了那么一点 |
[15:11] | It’s electromagnetically set to Greenwich Mean Time. | 它是电磁校准到格林威治时间的 |
[15:14] | Get me a Sprite. | 给我拿瓶雪碧去 |
[15:18] | Well? | 打了吗 |
[15:19] | The marshal will be here as quickly as he can. | 火警会尽快赶到的 |
[15:21] | Five-alarmer in the paper district. | 造纸厂那边有场大火 |
[15:23] | Just our luck. | 这么不走运吗 |
[15:25] | What are we going to do now? | 那我们现在怎么办 |
[15:28] | Hey, guys. | 嗨 伙计们 |
[15:29] | – Roz. – This is Jackson Hedley’s father. | – Roz – 这是Jackson Hedley的父亲 |
[15:31] | I found him wandering around looking for Jackson. | 我看到他在到处找Jackson |
[15:33] | – Lovely to see you. – Thank God I’m not late. | – 见到您很开心 – 幸好没迟到 |
[15:36] | You know, I’m Jackson’s lucky charm. | 我可是Jackson的幸运符 |
[15:38] | Do you know he’s so superstitious, | 他简直太迷信了 |
[15:40] | one day I didn’t turn up for opening night | 有一次我在首映当晚没到场 |
[15:43] | and he refused to go on. | 他就拒绝上台演出 |
[15:49] | Is that so? | 真是这样吗 |
[15:51] | We must get you to him immediately. | 我们得赶紧带您见他 |
[15:53] | You see, you’re at the wrong theatre. | 您来错剧场了 |
[15:54] | Yes, yes, Jackson’s performing clear across town. | 没错 他在城市另一边演出 |
[15:57] | But the sign outside says | 可外面的牌子写着 |
[15:58] | “An Evening with Jackson Hedley.” | “Jackson Hedley之夜” |
[16:01] | Yes, I know. You see, there’s been a terrible snafu. | 我知道 这是个非常严重的失误 |
[16:03] | – Snafu. – With the marquee letters. | – 失误了 – 广告牌上的字 |
[16:05] | You see, they got ours, we got theirs. | 他们拿了我们的 我们拿了他们的 |
[16:07] | – What’s playing here? – Cats. | – 这里在演什么 – <猫> |
[16:10] | Ah. I love Cats. | 噢 我就喜欢<猫> |
[16:14] | Who doesn’t? But surely you love your son more. | 谁不喜欢呢 但您一定更爱儿子 |
[16:17] | Yes. Luckily this young lady knows this town inside out. | 没错吧 幸好这位女士很熟悉西雅图 |
[16:22] | Roz, please escort Mr. Hedley to the Portland Playhouse ASAP. | Roz 请赶快带Hedley先生去波特兰剧院 |
[16:25] | – But. – There’s no time for buts. Do it now. | – 但 – 没空给你但是 快照我说的做 |
[16:27] | – All right, let’s go, Mr. Hedley. – Oh, please, call me Cecil. | – 好吧 Hedley 我们走 – 请叫我Cecil |
[16:30] | All right, Cecil. | 好吧 Cecil |
[16:31] | Do you know, I have a predilection for brunettes. | 我特别偏爱黑头发的女士呢 |
[16:40] | Shall we go break the bad news to our star? | 要把坏消息告诉我们的主演吗 |
[16:42] | Yes. | 好 |
[16:45] | Mr. Hedley, I’m afraid we have some bad news. | Hedley先生 我们有个坏消息 |
[16:47] | It’s about your father. It seems his plane is going to be late. | 是您的父亲 他的飞机可能要延误了 |
[16:51] | You mean my father won’t make it for the show? | 你是说我父亲不能来看演出吗 |
[16:53] | We know this must be devastating to you. | 我们知道你一定觉得很难过 |
[16:55] | On the contrary. | 恰恰相反 |
[16:57] | For once my performance won’t be inhibited | 终于等到一次 我可以自在地表演 |
[16:59] | by that judgemental nitpicker. | 而不受那个吹毛求疵的人所约束了 |
[17:03] | Tonight I can really cut loose. | 今晚我终于自由了 |
[17:07] | Those seats in the very back row will be rattling. | 坐在最后排的人都会为我激动的 |
[17:12] | That is good news. | 那简直太棒了 |
[17:16] | Five minutes to curtain. | 还有五分钟开幕 |
[17:17] | And now, if you’ll excuse me, | 请见谅 |
[17:19] | it’s time to centre. | 我要集中注意力了 |
[17:29] | Any more ideas? | 还有办法吗 |
[17:32] | These are the producers. The fire marshal’s here. | 他们是制作人 火警来了 |
[17:36] | Do you guys have any idea how many people you got out there? | 你们知道外面坐了多少人吗 |
[17:39] | You’re way over capacity. | 你们超员太多了 |
[17:40] | You’re not going to shut us down, are you? | 你不是要取消我们的演出吧 |
[17:43] | Frasier, I knew we shouldn’t | Frasier 我就知道 |
[17:44] | have added all those dry wooden seats. | 我们不该加干燥的木制座椅的 |
[17:48] | Well, maybe next time you’ll know better. | 也许下次你能聪明点 |
[17:51] | Has anyone seen my other skull? | 有人看见我另一个骷髅头了吗 |
[17:52] | Mr. Hedley, I’m afraid we have some bad news. | Hedley先生 恐怕有个坏消息 |
[17:54] | Hey, you’re Tobor. | 嘿 你是Tobor啊 |
[17:57] | Correct. | 没错 |
[17:58] | I used to watch your show all the time. | 我总看你的节目呢 |
[18:00] | I even have that old Playboy | 连Alexa公主做一字马那一期的 |
[18:02] | when Space Princess Alexa did that spread. | 花花公主杂志我都留着呢 |
[18:04] | The one on the lava rocks. Yes, I’ve got that one too. | 在熔岩上一字马的那期 我也有一份 |
[18:09] | I didn’t know he was the one performing tonight. | 我不知道今晚是他演出 |
[18:11] | I’ll let you guys stay open on one condition: | 只有一种情况能让你们继续演出 |
[18:13] | I get to watch the show. | 得让我看演出才行 |
[18:15] | – We’re out of seats. – It’s okay. I’ll sit in the aisle. | – 没有座位了 – 没关系 我坐过道 |
[18:21] | – Three minutes to curtain. – Ah, here’s the right one. | – 三分钟开幕 – 哈 就是这个 |
[18:27] | Well, we may as well just take our lumps. | 我们还是认了吧 |
[18:29] | No, no, we’re not going to take any lumps. | 不 不 我是不会放弃的 |
[18:33] | Desperate times call for desperate measures. I… | 危急时刻需要极端的措施 |
[18:35] | – What are you doing? – Yes, yes. | – 你在干吗 – 就这样 就这样 |
[18:38] | All right, l… | 好了 我 |
[18:40] | Shield yourself, Niles, | 护好你自己 Niles |
[18:42] | for the rain, it raineth every day. | 雨啊 每天不停地下 |
[18:57] | This place really is a deathtrap. | 这地方就是个死牢啊 |
[19:01] | This is hopeless. | 没救了 |
[19:03] | I managed to shake that woman. I want to see Cats. | 我设法甩掉了那女人 我要看<猫> |
[19:08] | – Son. – Father. | – 儿子 – 父亲 |
[19:09] | My good-luck charm. | 我的幸运符 |
[19:12] | Oh, my God! Oh! | 我的天啊 |
[19:14] | Mr. Hedley, are you all right? | Hedley先生 你还好吗 |
[19:16] | I think I’ve broken something. | 我觉得我哪里摔断了 |
[19:19] | – Oh, my God. – Call an ambulance. | – 天啊 – 叫救护车 |
[19:20] | – Make sure Mr. Hedley’s comfortable. – Yes. | – 让Hedley先生舒服一些 – 好的 |
[19:24] | Dear God, Niles, I feel horrible. | 我的天 Niles 我感觉糟透了 |
[19:27] | It’s as if we wished it and it happened. | 好像我们一直盼着 它就发生了 |
[19:30] | Half of me feels guilty. The other half feels relieved. | 我心中一半是愧疚 另一半感到解脱 |
[19:34] | Actually, it’s more 30-70. | 其实 是三七分 |
[19:37] | Well, I guess I’d better go out and make an announcement. | 我觉得我最好出去宣布一下 |
[19:47] | If I may have your attention, ladies and gentlemen. | 女士们先生们 请听我说 |
[19:51] | Tonight, my brother, Niles Crane, and I | 今晚 我的弟弟Niles Crane和我 |
[19:55] | had hoped to bring a great talent back to the stage. | 原本想请一位才子重返舞台 |
[19:59] | A truly, truly gifted actor. | 一位真正拥有天赋的演员 |
[20:03] | A man we greatly admire. | 一位我们十分崇敬的人 |
[20:07] | Yes, yes. | 没错 没错 |
[20:12] | Yes, yes, he does deserve your applause, | 是的 他配得上你们的掌声 |
[20:15] | but in a tragedy befitting of the Bard himself, it seems that… | 但在一场莎士比亚般的悲剧中 他似乎 |
[20:25] | It seems he’s ready to begin. | 他似乎已经准备好了 |
[20:30] | Ladies and gentlemen, | 女士们先生们 |
[20:34] | I bring you now | 现在 请您进入 |
[20:36] | to a hall in Elsinore castle. | 艾尔西诺城堡 |
[20:51] | I die, Horatio. | 我要死了 霍拉旭 |