时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:08] | 好戏要上演了 请打起精神来 | |
[00:11] | All right, if you must know, | 好吧 如你所愿告诉你 |
[00:12] | I’m just about to leave for something called a… | 我马上要去参加一个 |
[00:14] | …a speed date. | 一个快速约会 |
[00:15] | What’s a speed date? | 什么叫快速约会 |
[00:17] | Well, apparently, it’s the latest thing. | 很明显 是最近才出来的东西 |
[00:19] | Twelve men and twelve women get together in a room. | 12个男人和12个女人待在一个房间里 |
[00:21] | They spend eight minutes talking to one another, | 他们和一位异性交谈8分钟 |
[00:23] | and then they move on to the next person after a bell rings. | 铃声响了之后去和另一位异性交谈 |
[00:26] | Basically, it’s all the stress and humiliation of a blind date… | 基本上 这具备相亲的所有压力和屈辱 |
[00:30] | …times twelve. | 的12倍 |
[00:32] | Wow, talk about desperate. | 哇喔 这不就是绝望嘛 |
[00:36] | So, what brought this on? | 那是什么刺激你走上这条路的 |
[00:39] | I don’t know. | 不知道 |
[00:39] | I’m just so tired of being surrounded by happy couples. | 我只是厌倦了那些情侣在我面前各种秀恩爱 |
[00:43] | I just thought I should do something a bit more proactive. | 我想着应该更积极主动点 |
[00:46] | You wouldn’t be talking about Niles and Daphne, would you? | 你说的不会是Niles和Daphne吧 |
[00:48] | Oh, among others. | 噢 还有其他情侣 |
[00:49] | Believe me, no one could be happier for Niles than I. | 相信我 没人比我更为Niles高兴了 |
[00:51] | But there are days when his lovesick-swain act | 但有时候 他那副痴情郎的样子 |
[00:53] | wears the tiniest bit thin. | 有点无趣了 |
[00:55] | Hello, all. | 你们好啊 |
[01:04] | Notice anything different? | 注意到有什么不同吗 |
[01:06] | – I like it. – Thank you. | – 我蛮喜欢的 – 谢谢 |
[01:08] | I’ve never worn an undergarment in public before. | 我都没在公共场合穿过内衣 |
[01:11] | Is that my sweater? | 那是我的毛衣吗 |
[01:12] | Oh, yes, here. What’s the emergency? | 是的 给 这么急着要来做什么 |
[01:14] | Well, actually, I’m going out this evening, | 其实 我今晚要出去 |
[01:15] | and I was thinking about changing my attire. | 我想换换我的打扮风格 |
[01:18] | While the suit projects a certain professionalism, | 西服烘托出了一个专业形象 |
[01:22] | You know, “Dr. Frasier Crane”, | 你们懂的 “Frasier Crane医生” |
[01:23] | I was thinking perhaps the sweater | 也许毛衣 |
[01:25] | would impart a-a more casual feel. | 能有更休闲的感觉 |
[01:28] | Just “Fras”. Any thoughts? | 只是”Fras” 你们怎么看 |
[01:31] | So I bet you and Daphne have big Valentine’s Day plans. | 我猜你跟Daphne这次情人节会有盛大的节目 |
[01:34] | Oh, yes. She’s cooking dinner for me. | 没错 她会给我煮晚餐 |
[01:36] | And then I’ve arranged a big surprise. | 我呢 准备了一个大惊喜 |
[01:38] | I’m flying her to Cancun for a long romantic weekend. | 我要带她飞去坎昆 度过一个浪漫的周末 |
[01:41] | Not bad! | 不错嘛 |
[01:42] | Yes, I’m whisking her to the airport | 哈哈 我会用一辆装满异域风情兰花的 |
[01:44] | in a limo filled with exotic orchids. | 豪华轿车载她去机场 |
[01:46] | You don’t think that’s too over-the-top, do you? | 你不会觉得这太夸张了吧 |
[01:48] | No, I think that boat sailed with your T-shirt. | 不 我觉得你的T恤已经太夸张了 |
[01:50] | Here’s an idea. What if I put the sweater under the jacket? | 我有个主意 要是我把毛衣穿在夹克衫里面怎么样 |
[01:53] | Then I’ll get the best of both worlds. | 那我两方面都具备了 |
[01:55] | Honestly, Frasier, could you be more self-absorbed? | 老天 Frasier 你能再自恋点吗 |
[01:58] | Goodbye, Roz. If you wanna know more about our trip, | 再见 Roz 你还想看看我们旅行怎么样的话 |
[02:01] | we’ll have pictures on our website when we get back. | 我们回来后会把照片上传到我们的网站的 |
[02:06] | For God’s sake, Frasier, flip a coin. | 老天啊 Frasier 抛个硬币吧 |
[02:09] | Look, Roz, I know this may seem like nothing to you, | 听着 Roz 对你来说这可能不算什么 |
[02:10] | but the tiniest decision can shape your whole destiny. | 但小小的一个决定会影响你整个命运的 |
[02:15] | So, which path should I follow? | 那么 我该选哪条路呢 |
[02:18] | Sweater? Suit? | 毛衣吗 还是西装 |
[02:23] | – Sweater? – Oh, just pick one! | – 毛衣吗 – 噢 快选一个结了 |
[02:25] | All right, all right. Um… You’re right. Okay, fine. I will go with the suit. | 好吧 我就穿西装吧 |
[02:31] | You made the right choice. | 你选对了 |
[02:33] | Wish me luck. | 祝我好运吧 |
[02:35] | – Oh, I’m sorry. Pardon me. – Sorry. | – 噢 抱歉抱歉 – 不好意思 |
[02:36] | Say, don’t you work at KACL? | 哎 你不也是KACL的嘛 |
[02:39] | Yes, I just started. Mike Schafer. | 是的 我刚来 Mike Schafer |
[02:41] | Oh, hi, Mike. Frasier Crane. | 你好 Mike 我是Frasier Crane |
[02:42] | – Have you met Roz Doyle? – No. | – 你见过Roz Doyle吗 – 没有 |
[02:45] | Oh, you are new, aren’t you? | 噢 那你真是新来的 |
[02:48] | – Can I buy you a cup of coffee? – Oh, my God. | – 我请你喝杯咖啡吧 – 天哪 |
[02:51] | – Oh, my God. – Frasier! Are you okay? | – 天哪 – Frasier 你没事吧 |
[02:54] | Well, I… Ooh! | 我 噢 |
[02:56] | Ow, gosh, I think I’ve wrenched my shoulder. | 嗷 老天 我好像肩膀扭到了 |
[02:58] | – Oh, I’m so sorry. I… – No, it’s all right. Ow. | – 太对不起了 我 – 不 没关系的 嗷 |
[03:00] | I’m taking you to the emergency room. | 我送你去看急诊吧 |
[03:02] | Please, it’s the least I can do. | 拜托 这是我最起码能做的 |
[03:03] | Oh, Frasier, I’ve got my car right outside. I’ll take you. | Frasier 我车就停在外面 我送你去吧 |
[03:05] | Roz, don’t you have coffee waiting? | Roz 你不是在等咖啡嘛 |
[03:08] | – I’m Frasier. – Hi, I’m Monica. | – 我是Frasier – 嗨 我是Monica |
[03:12] | Oh, you must think I’m such a klutz. | 你肯定在想我怎么这么笨手笨脚 |
[03:14] | No, not at all. | 不 怎么会 |
[03:16] | For God’s sake, Frasier, flip a coin. | 老天啊 Frasier 抛个硬币吧 |
[03:18] | Look, Roz, I know this may seem like nothing to you, | 听着 Roz 对你来说这可能不算什么 |
[03:21] | but the tiniest decision can shape your whole destiny. | 但小小的一个决定会影响你整个命运的 |
[03:25] | So, which path should I follow? | 那么 我该选哪条路呢 |
[03:28] | Sweater? Suit? | 毛衣吗 还是西装 |
[03:33] | – Sweater? – Oh, just pick one! | – 毛衣吗 – 噢 快选一个结了 |
[03:35] | All right, all right. Um…You’re right. Okay, fine. We’ll go with the suit. | 好吧 就穿西装吧 |
[03:42] | No, no, the sweater. | 不 不 毛衣 |
[03:44] | – You made the right choice. – Thank you. | – 你选对了 – 谢谢 |
[03:47] | Oh, my God. Oh, my God. I’m so sorry. | 老天 老天 对不起 |
[03:50] | No, it’s okay. No harm done. | 没关系 我没受伤 |
[03:52] | Lord, what a klutz. | 怎么这么笨手笨脚 |
[03:56] | – All right, Roz, wish me luck. – Good luck! | – 好了 Roz 祝我好运吧 – 祝好运 |
[03:59] | Mike Schafer. Em.. | 我是Mike Schafer 呃 |
[04:00] | Looks like you’re gonna need another cup of coffee. | 看来你需要另一杯咖啡 |
[04:02] | Oh, yeah… | 是啊 |
[04:06] | 两条路分开了 而我一条不拉 | |
[04:08] | You know, you’re not the first guy I’ve sent to the emergency room. | 你不是我第一个送来急诊的男士 |
[04:12] | When I was 10, my brother fell off my handlebars and broke his foot. | 我10岁的时候 我弟从我的车把上掉下来摔断了腿 |
[04:15] | Then, in art school, a pottery wheel got away from me | 在艺术学校 我弄掉了一个陶轮 |
[04:17] | and sort of rolled down some stairs, | 它滚下了几级台阶 |
[04:19] | and I broke one guy’s knee and another guy’s hip. | 然后砸伤了一位男士的膝盖 和另一位的屁股 |
[04:22] | I suppose after that you went on a kiln spree. | 我猜之后你经历了一场杀”炉”狂欢 |
[04:28] | Uh, yeah, I guess you could say | 呃 是啊 可以说 |
[04:29] | I’ve broken more than my share of bones. | 我弄断了比我身上更多的骨头 |
[04:31] | And more than your fair share of hearts, I’m sure. | 也伤了比你身上更多的心 我可以确定 |
[04:34] | I don’t know about that. | 这我不知道 |
[04:39] | Frasier, I am so sorry about your arm. | Frasier 非常抱歉弄伤了你的胳膊 |
[04:42] | I-I-I hope I haven’t ruined your plans. | 我希望没毁了你的计划 |
[04:43] | No, actually, I didn’t have anything special planned. | 没事 其实我也没什么特别的安排 |
[04:46] | Hey, have you heard about that new pirate movie? | 嘿 你听说那个新上映的海盗电影吗 |
[04:49] | It’s rated “Arrr”. | 它被定为”恶”级影片 |
[04:55] | Yes, that’s uh… that’s very droll. | 是的 很滑稽 |
[04:58] | – Get it? Arrr. – Yes, yes… I do. | – 明白吧 恶 – 明白 明白 |
[05:02] | That’s sort of my test joke. | 那算是我的测试笑话 |
[05:03] | You know, to see if a guy’s cool or not. | 看这个男的酷不酷 |
[05:06] | Can you believe you’re the first guy here who laughed? | 你相信吗 你是这里第一个笑的 |
[05:09] | I mean, but can’t you just see it? A pirate walks into a movie theatre. | 都看不出来吗 一个海盗走进一家影院 |
[05:12] | He’s got his eye patch and his peg leg and… | 脸上戴着眼罩 还有他的木制假腿 |
[05:16] | Oh, boy, that did not feel like eight minutes. | 哎呀 感觉不像过了8分钟呢 |
[05:19] | Indeed it did not. | 深有同感 |
[05:27] | Hey, Fras. How did that speed-date thing go? | 嘿 Fras 你的快速约会怎么样了 |
[05:31] | – It could not have been worse. – That’s nice. | – 糟透了 – 不错啊 |
[05:36] | – You’re not listening, Dad. – Oh, I’m sorry, son. | – 你没在听 老爸 – 噢 抱歉啊 儿子 |
[05:40] | Well, did you get any phone numbers? | 那你拿到谁的号码了吗 |
[05:42] | No, but if I ever want to track any of them down, | 没有 要是我想追哪位女士 |
[05:46] | I can always write them, care of… the bottom of the barrel. | 我可以写信给她们 寄到歪瓜裂枣中心 |
[05:52] | That’s too bad. | 那挺糟心的 |
[05:55] | Oh, oh, hi, Daphne. Let me help you with that. | 嗨 Daphne 我帮你拿吧 |
[05:57] | – Oh, thank you, Dr. Crane. – Yes, of course. | – 谢谢啊 Crane医生 – 不用客气 |
[06:00] | You’re really loading up, aren’t you? | 你买了这么多东西啊 |
[06:01] | It’s for Niles’ Valentine’s dinner. | 都是给Niles的情人节大餐准备的 |
[06:03] | Oh, that’s not till next week. | 但下周才到情人节啊 |
[06:04] | I know, but it’s a complicated recipe. | 我知道 但那个菜谱特复杂 |
[06:06] | I need time to practice. You two are gonna be my guinea pigs. | 我需要提前练习 你俩就是我的试菜豚鼠咯 |
[06:10] | Maybe we could fake our own deaths. | 也许我们该装死 |
[06:14] | Daphne… | Daphne啊 |
[06:16] | Are you planning on using cumin in this recipe? | 那个菜谱里是不是有莳萝 |
[06:18] | Yeah. The recipe calls for lots of it. | 是啊 要用很多莳萝呢 |
[06:20] | Good Lord. Niles is terribly allergic to cumin. | 老天 Niles对莳萝严重过敏呢 |
[06:23] | Oh, dear. I knew about the scallops. And the nutmeg. | 天哪 我知道他过敏的有扇贝 肉豆蔻 |
[06:27] | The oat bran, wheat germ, carob, parchment mites… | 燕麦麸 麦芽 稻子豆 羊皮纸螨 |
[06:31] | Yes, yes, I know. | 是 是 我知道 |
[06:32] | He tried wearing an allergy tag, | 他试着戴过过敏标签 |
[06:33] | but his neck was too weak to support it. | 但他的脖子太弱了戴不动 |
[06:40] | Did you see that? | 看见没 |
[06:41] | The character in this movie just dialled the phone, | 电影里的人物刚刚拨了电话 |
[06:43] | and at the exact same time, our phone rang. | 我们家的电话就响了 |
[06:46] | It’s like Montgomery Clift is calling me. | 简直就像Montgomery Clift在给我打电话 |
[06:49] | Yes, that’s fascinating, Dad. | 是啊 真神奇 老爸 |
[06:52] | Hello? Oh, hey, Niles. | 喂 噢 Niles |
[06:55] | No, she can’t hear. | 她听不到 |
[06:58] | Ah, jeez, I don’t know about that. | 啊 这有点那个 |
[07:03] | Well, all right, if it means that much to you, I’ll do it. | 好吧 如果这对你很重要的话 我做吧 |
[07:07] | All right, bye. | 嗯 拜 |
[07:10] | That was your brother. | 你弟弟打来的 |
[07:11] | He wants me to pack a suitcase for Daphne for their trip to Cancun. | 他们要去坎昆旅游嘛 他要我帮Daphne理个行李 |
[07:16] | Now I’m gonna have to go through her unmentionables. | 我得去碰她的内衣了 |
[07:20] | I wonder if I’ll ever see another unmentionable. | 我在想我还能看到内衣吗 |
[07:24] | Oh, come on, Fras, it was just one bad date. | 拜托 Fras 就是一次失败的约会而已 |
[07:27] | It was twelve bad dates. | 是12次失败的约会 |
[07:30] | And a hundred before that. | 而且之前还有100次 |
[07:33] | *I’m through with love.* | *我厌倦了爱* |
[07:36] | *I’ll never fall again.* | *我不会再坠入爱河* |
[07:38] | You’re gonna be like this all night, aren’t you? | 今晚你要一直这样了是吧 |
[07:41] | It breaks my heart to see him like this. | 看他这样太伤我心了 |
[07:44] | Fortunately, I can’t see him from McGinty’s. | 幸运的是 到McGinty的酒吧我就看不见他了 |
[07:50] | Hey, Fras. How did that speed-date thing go? | 嘿 Fras 你的快速约会怎么样了 |
[07:53] | Actually, I didn’t go, Dad. I went to the hospital instead. | 其实我没去约会 爸 我去医院了 |
[07:56] | That’s nice. | 不错啊 |
[08:00] | – Dad, you’re not listening. – Oh, well, I’m sorry, son. | – 你没在听 老爸 – 噢 抱歉啊 儿子 |
[08:05] | What happened? You all right? | 怎么了 你没事吧 |
[08:06] | Well, actually, I tripped and sprained my shoulder, | 其实我被绊倒了 扭到了肩膀 |
[08:09] | but I’m actually feeling no pain | 但是我完全感觉不到痛 |
[08:11] | because I met a beautiful young woman. | 因为我遇到了一位漂亮的年轻女士 |
[08:13] | – Oh, is she a nurse? – No, she’s the girl that tripped me. | – 噢 是护士吗 – 不 她是那个绊倒我的人 |
[08:16] | Her name is Monica. She’s a commercial artist. | 她叫Monica 是个广告艺术家 |
[08:19] | She’s cute as a button, and she’s a danger to herself and others. | 她非常可爱 对包括她自己的所有人又很危险 |
[08:21] | Good for you. | 不错嘛 |
[08:23] | – Oh, hi, Daph. – Could you give me a hand here? | – 嗨 Daph – 你能搭把手吗 |
[08:25] | Well, I… I would, except I sprained my shoulder. | 那个 我要是肩膀没扭到会帮你的 |
[08:28] | Bullet in the hip. | 屁股中过弹 |
[08:32] | You still have one good arm, Dr. Crane. | Crane医生 你还有一条健康的胳膊 |
[08:34] | The doctor told me to take it easy. | 医生叫我当心点 |
[08:38] | Oh! I met a girl today. | 对了 我今天遇到个姑娘 |
[08:40] | Yeah, so did she. | 是啊 她今天也遇到个 |
[08:46] | You know what? | 那个什么 |
[08:47] | It might be a bit soon, but I think I’m gonna give Monica a call. | 现在有点早 不过我要给Monica打个电话 |
[08:52] | Did you see that? | 看见没 |
[08:53] | The character in this movie just dialled the phone, | 电影里的人物刚刚拨了电话 |
[08:55] | and at the exact same time, our phone rings. | 我们家的电话就响了 |
[08:58] | It’s like Montgomery Clift’s calling me. | 简直就像Montgomery Clift在给我打电话 |
[09:00] | Say hello to him for me. | 帮我跟他打声招呼 |
[09:02] | Hello? Oh, hey, Niles. | 喂 Niles |
[09:05] | No, she can’t hear. | 她听不到 |
[09:08] | Oh, jeez, I don’t know about that. | 啊 这有点那个 |
[09:12] | Hi, Monica. Yeah, uh… injured anybody lately? | 嗨 Monica 呃 最近伤到谁了吗 |
[09:17] | Really? | 是嘛 |
[09:20] | I was calling because I… | 我打电话是因为 |
[09:21] | I thought maybe we could have dinner tomorrow night. | 我想着也许我们明晚可以吃个饭 |
[09:24] | I don’t know, maybe we could meet at Cafe Nervosa around 7, | 要不我们7点在纳沃萨咖啡屋碰头 |
[09:27] | and go from there? | 然后一起出发 |
[09:29] | Wonderful. | 太好了 |
[09:30] | Great, I’ll… I’ll see you tomorrow. Good night. | 很好 那我们明天见 晚安 |
[09:36] | – She said “Yes”! – Hey! | – 她说”好” – 好样的 |
[09:38] | Tomorrow night, I have a date with an angel. | 明晚 我要跟天使约会 |
[09:41] | Oh, you’re gonna be like this all night, aren’t you? | 噢 今晚你要一直这样了是吧 |
[09:45] | McGinty’s? | 去McGinty的酒吧吗 |
[09:46] | I’m way ahead of you. | 我先去了 你慢点来 |
[09:52] | So we had dinner again Thursday night, and then again on Friday. | 我们周四晚又一起晚餐 周五晚也是 |
[09:55] | She had plans with her parents on Saturday, | 周六她跟她父母有约 |
[09:56] | so, to keep our streak alive, | 所以 为了保持连胜 |
[09:58] | I actually sent her a videotape of me | 我寄给了她一个录像带 |
[10:00] | eating and talking into the camera. | 我边吃边对着镜头说话 |
[10:03] | That’s cute. | 好有心啊 |
[10:04] | You don’t think it’s a little too much? | 你不觉得有点过吗 |
[10:05] | No. If you like her, go for it. | 没有啊 你喜欢她的话 大胆上吧 |
[10:07] | – So how are things with Mike? – Good. | – 你跟Mike怎么样了呢 – 不错啊 |
[10:09] | He’s taking me to the Heart Association Benefit on Valentine’s Day. | 情人节他要带我去参加心脏协会的慈善晚宴 |
[10:11] | Oh, I’m going too. | 噢 我也去呢 |
[10:12] | You know, Roz, I think this is a first, | Roz 这应该是我们第一次 |
[10:14] | you and I in happy relationships at the same time. | 同时在与人幸福交往呢 |
[10:18] | – Hey, Roz. Hi, Frasier. – Oh, hi. | – 嘿 Roz 嗨 Frasier – 嗨 |
[10:20] | – How’s your head? – Oh, it’s better, actually. Uh… | – 你的脑袋怎么样了 – 好多了 真的 呃 |
[10:22] | My peripheral vision’s coming back. | 我的周边视觉能力回来了 |
[10:24] | I’m so sorry. Listen, everyone at work is talking about | 真是抱歉 听着 我的同事都在热烈讨论 |
[10:27] | the beautiful flowers you sent me. Thank you. | 你送给我的那些美丽花儿 谢谢你 |
[10:30] | Well, wait till you see what’s coming next. | 等着看下一个礼物吧 |
[10:32] | You won’t be able to thank me in public. | 到时候你就不能在公众场合谢我了 |
[10:34] | Frasier, I hate to break it to you, | Frasier 我也不想说得这么明白 |
[10:35] | but you don’t have to keep sending me flowers and poetry. | 但你不用一直送我花啊诗啊 |
[10:38] | You…you officially have my attention. | 你已经正式得到我的注意了 |
[10:42] | I’m gonna get some coffee. | 我去拿杯咖啡 |
[10:43] | – Oh, let me get that for you. – No. | – 噢 我帮你去拿吧 – 不 |
[10:45] | You’re sweet, but I think I can get my own coffee. | 你真贴心 但我能自己拿咖啡 |
[10:50] | Looks like all that hard work you’ve been doing is paying off. | 看来你的用心良苦都物有所值了 |
[10:52] | Well, I’m not about to let up now. | 我可不打算这就放松了 |
[10:54] | I never want her to feel as if she’s being taken for granted. | 我永远都不想让她感觉我视她为理所当然 |
[10:56] | Wow. You’re giving Niles a run for his money. | 哇喔 你这是要跟Niles决一高下啊 |
[10:59] | Oh, please. In the great golden book of love, | 拜托 在爱情这本伟大的黄金书里 |
[11:02] | Niles will be a mere footnote to my glorious saga. | Niles只会是我辉煌传奇的一个小小脚注 |
[11:06] | I’m gonna take his ball and run it to the end zone. | 我会接下他的球然后跑到端区得分 |
[11:09] | Is that a thing? | 那算好球吗 |
[11:10] | – Yes. – Good. | – 算 – 很好 |
[11:20] | Oh, come on, Fras. You’ve been moping around here all week. | 拜托 Fras 你已经这么闷闷不乐一个礼拜了 |
[11:23] | Why don’t you join me at McGinty’s? | 你跟我一起去McGinty的酒吧玩玩吧 |
[11:25] | It’s crazy there on Valentine’s Day. | 情人节那里可好玩了 |
[11:28] | Last year, McGinty hired this fat guy in a diaper | 去年 McGinty雇了个肥仔 穿着尿布 |
[11:30] | to run around shooting a bow and arrow at people. | 一边乱跑一边射箭到人身上 |
[11:34] | No, no, wait. That might have been the Super Bowl. | 不 等等 那可能是超级碗橄榄球赛 |
[11:38] | You had me right up until “diaper”, Dad. | 老爸 你说”尿布”前真的快把我说服了 |
[11:41] | You guys, you guys, you guys, you have to see this. | 伙计们 快看 |
[11:43] | Wait, wait, look, Daphne has sauce on her nose. | 等等 看 Daphne的鼻子上沾了酱汁 |
[11:46] | Is that the cutest thing you’ve ever seen in your life? | 是不是你一生中看过最可爱的事 |
[11:49] | Wait, wait, wait! Let me get it. | 等等 等等 让我来 |
[11:52] | – Ohh. – Yum, yum, yum. | – 噢 – 好吃 好吃 |
[11:54] | You’ve got some on your neck. Oh… | 你脖子上也有 噢 |
[11:59] | All right, all right, truce, truce. Wait, I… | 好了 好了 休战 我 |
[12:01] | I was gonna wait until after dinner to tell you this, but I can’t. | 我本来要晚餐后才告诉你的 但我忍不住了 |
[12:04] | In three hours, you and I are gonna be on a plane… | 3小时后 你跟我将坐上飞机 |
[12:08] | …to Cancun! | 去坎昆 |
[12:09] | Oh! Ah…I barely have time to pack! | 我都没时间理行李了 |
[12:12] | That’s already taken care of. Dad packed a bag for you. | 已经搞定了 爸爸帮你理了个包 |
[12:14] | Oh, Mr. Crane! | 噢 Crane先生 |
[12:18] | I’ve never been this happy in my life! | 我一生中从没这么幸福过 |
[12:20] | I’m happier than you are! | 我比你更幸福 |
[12:21] | Excuse me. Somebody’s trying to watch “Behind the Music” here. | 拜托 这儿还有人想看<音乐背后>呢 |
[12:28] | Hello? | 喂 |
[12:30] | Yeah, hi, Roz. | 嗨 Roz |
[12:32] | No, no, I’m not going to the Benefit. | 不 不 我不要去慈善晚宴 |
[12:36] | Yeah, I’ll bet she’s got a great personality. | 嗯 我相信她非常有人格魅力 |
[12:39] | Yes, well, thanks anyway, Roz. Listen, you have a good time. | 还是谢谢你 Roz 你玩得开心啊 |
[12:41] | Right. Good night. | 嗯 晚安 |
[12:43] | – Roz find you a date for tonight? – Yeah. | – Roz给你今晚找了个伴儿吗 – 嗯 |
[12:45] | She’s going with some guy who lives in her building. He’s got a sister. | 她要跟她楼里的一个男的约会 他有个妹妹 |
[12:48] | You oughta go. | 那你得去啊 |
[12:49] | It beats hanging around here feeling sorry for yourself. | 待这儿顾影自怜有啥用啊 |
[12:51] | Dad, please. The only thing worse than a blind date | 老爸 拜托 比相亲更糟的事就是 |
[12:54] | would be a blind date on Valentine’s Day. Okay? | 情人节去相亲 好吗 |
[12:57] | I can’t imagine a worse way to spend the evening. | 我想不出今晚还有什么比这更惨的场景了 |
[13:02] | You have to see this! Ready, ready, ready? | 你们快看 好了吗 好了吗 |
[13:09] | Oh, let’s get more! Come on, come on, let’s do it again, wait. | 噢 我们再去拿点 快 快 再来一次 |
[13:15] | Maybe Roz hasn’t left yet. | 也许Roz还没走 |
[13:18] | It’s now 7:45. | 现在是7点三刻 |
[13:20] | At this precise moment, | 就在这一刻 |
[13:22] | she should be receiving a jeroboam of chilled champagne. | 她应该会收到一大杯冷藏香槟 |
[13:25] | You’re really laying it on thick, aren’t ya? | 你还真是夸张到底啊 |
[13:27] | Oh, God, Dad. You don’t know the half of it. | 哎呀 老爸 这只是冰山一角 |
[13:29] | This morning, she was awakened by a string quartet on her porch. | 今天早晨 她是被门廊里的弦乐四重奏叫醒的 |
[13:33] | And then, when Monica arrived at her office, | 然后 Monica来到办公室 |
[13:35] | there were seven dozen roses on her desk. | 会发现她的桌上躺着7打玫瑰花 |
[13:38] | A dozen for every day that I’ve known her. | 每打代表我认识她的每一天 |
[13:40] | – I’m sorry! – What happened? | – 对不起 – 怎么了 |
[13:42] | He’s having some kind of reaction to the sauce. | 他对我做的酱汁有反应 |
[13:44] | – Did you put scallops in it? – No. | – 你往里放扇贝了吗 – 没有 |
[13:46] | – Nutmeg? – No. | – 肉豆蔻呢 – 没有 |
[13:47] | – Wheat germ? – No. | – 麦芽呢 – 没有 |
[13:48] | – Carob? – No. | – 稻子豆呢 – 没有 |
[13:49] | – Cumin? – Maybe. | – 莳萝呢 – 也许有 |
[13:52] | Oh, this is a disaster! | 噢 这就是场灾难 |
[13:55] | We have reservations to fly to Cancun tonight! | 我们今晚还订了飞机去坎昆哪 |
[13:57] | – Oh, really? – Well, we can’t go now. | – 真的嘛 – 我们不能去了啊 |
[13:59] | I can’t possibly sit still on a plane for five hours | 我不可能在飞机上待5个小时 |
[14:01] | with this rash you’ve given me! | 忍受你给我的这身皮疹 |
[14:03] | Now, Niles, please don’t let a little mistake | 淡定 Niles 别让这个小小的错误 |
[14:05] | disturb the most magical evening of… | 扫了这美妙夜晚的兴 |
[14:07] | – Oh, the whole weekend is ruined! – Well, I said I was sorry! | – 这整个周末都毁了 – 我说了对不起啊 |
[14:10] | Well, I even had Dad pack a bag for you. | 我甚至让老爸帮你理了个行李 |
[14:12] | You did what? You let him go through my things. How could you?! | 什么 你居然让他动我的东西 有胆啊你 |
[14:17] | I’m sorry! | 对不起啊 |
[14:18] | I was trying to do something nice for our first Valentine’s Day! | 我只是想让我们的第一个情人节更完美 |
[14:21] | Well, what do you think I was trying to do? | 那你以为我是怎么想的 |
[14:23] | Now I’m gonna have to spend the whole night | 今晚我只能一直 |
[14:25] | rubbing lotion all over you. | 给你全身涂乳霜 |
[14:31] | I’m sorry I yelled at you. | 对不起我冲你乱吼了 |
[14:36] | You have sauce on your nose. Let me get it. Lick it. | 你鼻子上有酱汁 让我来舔 |
[14:39] | Oh, you’ve got some on your neck. Let me get it. | 噢 你脖子上也有 让我来 |
[14:45] | – Oh, hi, Roz. – Hi. | – 嗨 Roz – 嗨 |
[14:47] | – Say, where’s Mike? – Oh, he’s parking the car. | – Mike呢 – 噢 他在停车 |
[14:49] | – Monica, what a gorgeous corsage. – Oh, thanks. | – Monica 好漂亮的胸花 – 谢谢 |
[14:51] | It was a gift from Frasier. | 这是Frasier给我的礼物 |
[14:52] | Along with about a million roses. | 旁边还有成千上万的玫瑰花 |
[14:55] | – Hello, young lovers. – Oh, Kenny. | – 你们好啊 年轻的爱侣们 – 噢 Kenny |
[14:58] | – Look at you. – What can I say? | – 光鲜亮丽啊你 – 怎么说呢 |
[15:00] | Under this gruff exterior beats the heart of a true romantic. | 在我这粗犷的外表下 跳动着一颗浪漫真诚的心 |
[15:03] | I just… love love. | 我就是 喜欢爱情 |
[15:06] | – So where’s your wife? – She had plans. | – 你妻子呢 – 她自有计划 |
[15:11] | – Come on, Kenny. I’ll buy you a drink. – Great. | – 来吧 Kenny 我请你喝一杯 – 好极了 |
[15:13] | – Well, you know, why don’t we sit down? – Okay. | – 我们坐下吧 – 好啊 |
[15:16] | Here we are. Let me. | 这儿吧 让我来 |
[15:17] | I was thinking perhaps after the party | 我想着也许派对后 |
[15:19] | we could take a carriage ride through the park, | 我们可以乘一辆马车穿过公园 |
[15:22] | make our way to your place, where I believe… | 来到你家 我相信那里 |
[15:24] | there is a 2-pound box of chocolate truffles waiting for you. | 会有2磅松露巧克力等着你 |
[15:28] | Oh, two pounds. Wow. | 噢 2磅 哇喔 |
[15:30] | Yes. Well, your sister told me that truffles were your favourite. | 你姐姐告诉我松露是你的最爱 |
[15:33] | You talked to Cheryl? Oh, I haven’t talked to her in months. | 你跟Cheryl聊过了 我好几个月没跟她说过话了 |
[15:36] | Well, you’ll have your chance on Sunday. | 那你这周日就有机会了 |
[15:38] | We’re having dinner with her and Jack. | 我们会跟她和Jack共进晚餐 |
[15:41] | There’s a lot of people here. | 这里有好多人 |
[15:42] | Oh, yes, of course. I understand. | 噢 当然了 我理解 |
[15:48] | – Hey, Frasier. – Hi, Roz. | – 嘿 Frasier – 嗨 Roz |
[15:50] | – Hi. Happy Valentine’s Day. – Same to you. | – 嗨 情人节快乐 – 你也是 |
[15:53] | – This is my date, Robert. – Hello. | – 这是我约的朋友 Robert – 你好 |
[15:55] | – Nice to meet you. – Nice to meet you, too. | – 很高兴认识你 – 我也是 |
[15:56] | Well, Roz, listen. Thanks for getting me out of the house. | Roz 真的谢谢你把我从屋里喊出来 |
[15:59] | I…I’ve been sitting there feeling sorry for myself long enough. | 我已经待在屋子里顾影自怜够久了 |
[16:01] | Oh, that’s the spirit. | 没错就要这样 |
[16:03] | You know, on the way over here, | 来这儿的路上 |
[16:04] | I was actually getting sort of excited about meeting somebody new. | 想到能见到新朋友 我还真有点兴奋呢 |
[16:07] | – Here’s my sister now. – Oh. | – 我妹妹来了 – 噢 |
[16:10] | Oh, my God! Arrr. | 天哪 恶 |
[16:13] | – Arrr. – Arrr. | – 恶 – 恶 |
[16:15] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[16:17] | Uh, wow, looks like you two already know each other. | 呃 哇喔 看来你俩认识呢 |
[16:20] | You even have your own language. | 你们还有自己的沟通语言 |
[16:21] | – It must be fate. – Must be. | – 这肯定是命中注定 – 肯定是 |
[16:26] | Ah. | 啊 |
[16:29] | – For you. – Oh, another rose. | – 给你的 – 噢 又一支玫瑰 |
[16:33] | Frasier, uh, I appreciate everything you’re doing. | Frasier 呃 感谢你为我做的每件事 |
[16:37] | The flowers, the carriage ride, | 这些花 马车 |
[16:39] | – the “Love is…” Cartoons from the newspaper… – Oh. | – 报纸上的<爱是>连环漫画 – 噢 |
[16:43] | It’s just a drop in the ocean compared to what you deserve. | 那只是你值得的美好中的冰山一角 |
[16:53] | That song was dedicated to Mr. and Mrs. Terry Craypens, | 刚刚这首献给Terry Craypens夫妇 |
[16:57] | celebrating their 30th anniversary. | 纪念他们的30周年纪念日 |
[17:02] | – That’s so cute. – Well, I’m glad to hear you say that. | – 好有爱啊 – 很高兴你这么说 |
[17:06] | – You wait right here. – Okay. | – 你等在这儿啊 – 好 |
[17:11] | Good evening, everybody. I’m Dr. Frasier Crane. | 晚上好 各位 我是Frasier Crane医生 |
[17:15] | Normally, I deal with matters of the head, | 一般呢 我处理脑子里的问题 |
[17:18] | but tonight I’d like to share what’s in my heart. | 而今晚 我想分享一下我心里的故事 |
[17:22] | Monica, this is for you. | Monica 这首是献给你的 |
[17:25] | *Have I a hope or half a chance* | *我有希望吗 还是只有一点点机会* |
[17:29] | *To even think that I could dance with you?* | *想要跟你跳支舞* |
[17:35] | *Ooh, ooh* | *呜 呜* |
[17:38] | *Would you greet me or politely turn away?* | *你会向我致礼 还是礼貌地回避* |
[17:44] | *Would there suddenly be sunshine on a cold and rainy day?* | *是否会雨过天晴* |
[17:51] | *Oh, babe, what would you say?* | *噢 宝贝 你会怎么说* |
[17:58] | *Yes, oh, baby, I know* | *噢 宝贝 我知道* |
[18:01] | *I know I could be so in love* | *我知道我可以如此地* |
[18:05] | Congratulations. | 祝贺你们 |
[18:06] | *With you* | *爱你* |
[18:09] | *And I know that I could make you love me too* | *我也知道我能让你爱上我* |
[18:16] | *And if I could hear you say the words you do* | *如果能听到你说* |
[18:25] | *Well, anyway, what would you say?* | *不管怎样 你会怎么说* |
[18:32] | Frasier, we need to talk. | Frasier 我们需要谈谈 |
[18:39] | Ouch! | 哎哟 |
[18:44] | Don’t get me wrong, Frasier. Everything you did was nice. | 别误会 Frasier 你做的所有事都很美好 |
[18:47] | It was just… too much. | 只是 太多了 |
[18:49] | I mean, you made me feel like a project and not a person. | 我是说 你让我觉得自己是个项目而不是个人 |
[18:52] | Well, I could tone things down. | 我可以放缓节奏啊 |
[18:54] | We could start fresh. How about lunch tomorrow? | 我们重新开始怎么样 明天一起午餐吧 |
[18:57] | Now, you see, I was gonna say breakfast. | 你看 我本来会说早餐的 |
[19:00] | I think I should go. So… | 我该走了 |
[19:02] | I see. Well, you know what, I’ll get my car. | 明白了 我去把车开来 |
[19:04] | No, that’s okay. | 不 不用了 |
[19:05] | I’m…I’m gonna get my stuff and just take a cab, so… | 我收拾东西搭计程车走 所以 |
[19:09] | Bye, Frasier. | 再见 Frasier |
[19:13] | Are you okay? | 你没事吧 |
[19:15] | Oh, well, I’m humiliated. | 唉 我丢死人了 |
[19:18] | Oh, Frasier, nobody even noticed what happened. | Frasier 没有人会注意到这个的 |
[19:21] | Ouch. | 哎哟 |
[19:26] | Ah, it’s my own fault, really. | 啊 是我的错 真的 |
[19:29] | I guess I just saw what Niles had | 我看到Niles那么幸福 |
[19:31] | and I…pushed too hard to get it for myself. | 我也想得到自己的幸福 但用力过度 |
[19:34] | Well, if it means anything, | 希望你能好过点 |
[19:36] | I thought what you did was terribly romantic. | 我觉得你刚刚非常浪漫 |
[19:40] | Well, maybe. | 也许吧 |
[19:41] | Come on. Let me walk you to your car. | 来吧 我送你上车 |
[19:43] | Oh, well, what about Mike? | 那Mike呢 |
[19:44] | Oh, it’ll only be a few minutes. He’ll be fine. | 没几分钟的事儿 他一个人没事的 |
[19:49] | Oh, I’m sorry. I’m sor… I’m such a klutz. | 噢 对不起 我 我真是笨手笨脚 |
[19:52] | It’s okay, really. Fine. | 没关系 真的 没事 |
[19:54] | Let me get you another drink. Please, it’s the least I can do. | 让我请你喝一杯吧 拜托 这是我最起码能做的 |
[19:57] | I guess that’d be okay. | 那好吧 |
[19:58] | – Mike. – Monica. | – 我是Mike – Monica |
[20:04] | We now return to a repeat broadcast of “The Best of Crane”. | 我们来回顾一下”最佳Crane秀” |
[20:08] | Please do not call in. | 请不要打电话进来 |
[20:10] | Before the break we were talking to Phil, | 广告前我们在和Phil聊 |
[20:12] | who’s having trouble getting over a relationship. | 他难以放下一段感情 |
[20:14] | Phil, if you’re listening, | Phil 希望你还听着 |
[20:15] | it might help to keep in mind the old adage: | 有一句谚语能对你有所帮助 |
[20:19] | It’s better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all. | 爱过又失去总比没有爱过强 |
[20:23] | I do make a good point. | 我说得没错 |
[20:26] | What a load of crap. | 一堆屁话 |
[20:29] | Let’s go to our next caller. | 让我们接听下一位来电者 |
[20:30] | Hi, this is Rachel. I just want to let you know | 嗨 我是Rachel 我只想让你知道 |
[20:33] | I read that Thurber book you quoted from, and, man, is he funny! | 我读了你引用的Thurber的书 他真的好有趣 |
[20:36] | Glad you liked it. | 很高兴你喜欢 |
[20:37] | I also have a confession to make. | 我还想坦白一件事 |
[20:39] | You know, I have a big crush on you. | 我特别迷恋你 |
[20:41] | Oh, well, I’m flattered, Rachel, | 那个 我很荣幸 Rachel |
[20:44] | but I make it a policy not to date my callers. | 但我约法三章了不跟来电者约会 |
[20:46] | Well, if you ever change your mind, | 如果你改主意的话 |
[20:48] | I’m the chef at the Columbia Street Grill. | 我是哥伦比亚街烧烤的厨师 |
[20:50] | You should come by sometime. | 有空来坐坐呀 |