时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:08] | And sadly, no one was able to answer today’s psychological mind teaser. | 很遗憾 没人猜中今天的心理学脑筋急转弯 |
[00:12] | So once again, the prize goes unclaimed. | 奖品再一次花落无人 |
[00:15] | By the way, today’s answer was anhedonia. | 顺便揭晓谜底吧 答案是兴趣缺失症 |
[00:20] | Anhedonia. | 兴趣缺失症 |
[00:22] | This is Dr. Frasier Crane | 我是Frasier Crane医生 |
[00:24] | saying good day, Seattle, and good mental health. | 祝西雅图今日好运 身心健康 |
[00:29] | That was a real brain bender, doc. | 医生 这也太难猜了 |
[00:31] | You know, the idea is to let people win once in a while. | 偶尔也该让听众赢一次吧 |
[00:34] | Oh, please, Kenny, I will not pander. | 不 Kenny 我绝不会放水的 |
[00:37] | When some lucky individual looks at his prize, | 当获奖者看着奖品时 |
[00:39] | I want him to be able to say, “I earned this.” | 我希望他能够感慨道”这是我赢来的” |
[00:43] | – It’s an Antenna Ball. – Well… | – 可奖品是个装饰球 – 好吧 |
[00:47] | – Oh, Roz. – What? | – 哦 Roz – 怎么 |
[00:48] | I got some good news. | 我有好消息 |
[00:49] | Your documentary is a go. | 你的纪实访谈节目通过了 |
[00:51] | Oh, that’s great. Thank you, Kenny. | 太棒了 谢谢你 Kenny |
[00:52] | – Congratulations. – Roz, you’re doing a documentary? | – 恭喜啊 – Roz 你要做纪实访谈 |
[00:55] | Yeah, well, I’ve been wanting to do something on my own, | 我一直想自己做个节目 |
[00:57] | so I thought I’d do a special on space, | 我想可以做个关于太空的特别节目 |
[00:59] | what with it being 2001 and all. | 2001年的重大事件之类的 |
[01:01] | We’re gonna do the Cassini mission to Saturn. | 我打算报道卡西尼号飞船探测土星任务 |
[01:03] | And telerobotics, that kind of stuff. | 和遥控机器人技术 类似这样的题材 |
[01:05] | You got a show. You got a show. | 你有自己的节目了 你也有 |
[01:07] | I don’t know who to kiss up to anymore. | 我都不知道该拍谁的马屁好了 |
[01:11] | – You don’t have to kiss up to anyone. – Haha, I wish I didn’t. | – 你本来也不用拍马屁 – 呵呵呵 我也希望不用 |
[01:17] | So, Roz, you’re a space nerd. | Roz 原来你是个太空迷啊 |
[01:20] | Well, I wouldn’t go that far. | 那倒谈不上吧 |
[01:22] | There is just something about rockets though. | 只是一直挺喜欢发炮什么的 |
[01:24] | Uh-huh. Indeed. | 嗯嗯 看出来了 |
[01:27] | Roz Roz? | |
[01:28] | Sounds like your show could be a portal | 听起来我们可以通过你的节目 |
[01:33] | through which we can glimpse the promise of the future. | 去窥探未来世界啊 |
[01:37] | A promise lit by a billion stars. | 由亿万星辰点亮的未来 |
[01:40] | Godspeed, Roz Doyle. | 祝你成功 Roz Doyle |
[01:43] | You wouldn’t by any chance be hoping to narrate this, would you? | 估计你不会想来给我做旁白的吧 |
[01:45] | Me? | 我 |
[01:47] | Well, actually, I was gonna ask you, | 其实 我本打算问你的 |
[01:48] | but I was afraid it might be kind of awkward, you working for me. | 但又怕你觉得在我手下有点尴尬 |
[01:52] | I mean, you’ve been my boss for eight years. | 毕竟这八年你都是我的上司 |
[01:53] | I just wasn’t sure if you could handle it. | 我怕你接受不了 |
[01:55] | Oh, Roz, pooh. I welcome a little role reversal. | Roz 得了吧 换换角色挺好的 |
[01:59] | I think it will do our relationship a lot of good. | 这会促进我们的友谊的 |
[02:00] | Well, as long as you promise it won’t be a problem. | 只要你不会不舒服就好 |
[02:02] | Of course not. | 当然不会 |
[02:04] | Gosh, you know, actually, I’m kind of excited. | 天呐 说真的 我还有点激动 |
[02:06] | You may not know this, but as a tyke, I had my heart set on space flight. | 也许你不知道 但从小我就向往宇宙飞行 |
[02:12] | Tragic, isn’t it, | 可悲的是 |
[02:14] | how a child’s dreams can be squashed | 一个孩子的梦想就这样 |
[02:16] | by a single ride on a diabolically speedy Tilt-a-Whirl? | 被可怕的旋转大摇椅给粉碎了 |
[02:47] | Oh, jeez. | 天呐 |
[02:53] | – Hey. – Hey, Niles. | – 嗨 – 嗨 Niles |
[02:54] | Just in time for chilli. It’s my best batch all week. | 正好赶上我吃辣椒饭 这可是这周熬得最好的一锅 |
[02:58] | Do you ever miss vegetables? | 你难道不想念蔬菜吗 |
[03:01] | For your information, College, the bean is a vegetable. | 给你提个醒 高材生 豆子也是蔬菜 |
[03:05] | So, what’s new with Daph? How are things at the fat farm? | 那 Daph怎么样 在减肥中心还好吗 |
[03:11] | – It’s a spa. – Oh, sorry. | – 那是SPA – 噢 抱歉 |
[03:14] | How are things at the fat spa? | 在SPA减肥中心还好吗 |
[03:18] | Fine, fine. She’s doing very well. | 挺好 挺好 她还不错 |
[03:21] | She’s…she’s losing weight and gaining friends. | 她掉了肉 还交了朋友 |
[03:26] | Dad, I had an idea about something you and I could do together. | 老爸 我有个想法 咱们可以一起做 |
[03:29] | No no. | 不 不是这个 |
[03:32] | Did you happen to read the arts and leisure section today? | 你今天读艺术休闲版块了吗 |
[03:35] | The jumble? Did it. | 字谜吗 做了 |
[03:36] | “A good man is hard to find.” | 谜底是”好人难寻” |
[03:39] | Actually, I was thinking of something a little loftier. | 呃 我说的是更高雅点的 |
[03:51] | Dad, do you remember when Frasier was in college, | 老爸 你还记得Frasier在大学时 |
[03:56] | a little tradition you and I had every spring? | 我们每年春天的小活动吗 |
[03:59] | – Oh, the kite festival? – Mm-hm. | – 哦 风筝节啊 – 嗯嗯 |
[04:00] | I thought they didn’t do that anymore. | 我以为不再举行了呢 |
[04:02] | They’re bringing it back this year. | 今年又重新启动了 |
[04:04] | I want us to enter just like old times. | 我们俩可以像以前一样去参加 |
[04:07] | Oh, we made some good kites, didn’t we? | 哦 我们确实做了些不错的风筝 |
[04:08] | Oh, great kites. The Blue Baron. | 相当不错的 蓝色男爵 |
[04:11] | – The Screaming Mimi. – Mm-hm. | – 惊声咪咪 – 嗯哼 |
[04:13] | The Shield of Perseus. | 珀尔修斯之盾 |
[04:17] | – You came up with that one, didn’t you? – Thank you. | – 这是你起的名 是吧 – 谢谢你还记得 |
[04:19] | So, what do you say? You wanna do it? | 那 你觉得怎么样 要一起来吗 |
[04:21] | I’d love to, Niles, | 好啊 Niles |
[04:22] | but I can’t fly kites anymore, not with my hip. | 但是我放不了风筝了 屁股不行了 |
[04:26] | Let me be your hip. | 我就是你的屁股 |
[04:29] | We’ll build it together, and then I’ll fly it. | 我们一起做风筝 我来放 |
[04:32] | I’m old enough now. | 我长大了 |
[04:35] | Well, what the hell? | 好啊 管他呢 |
[04:36] | You know, I’m gonna go make some sketches. | 我这就去画草图 |
[04:39] | You know, I always wanted to try a dragon. | 我一直想做个龙型风筝 |
[04:41] | That’s a great idea. | 这个好 |
[04:43] | We’ll name it Fafner after Siegfried’s fiery nemesis. | 就叫他法夫纳 是西格弗里德的死敌 |
[04:49] | Maybe we’ll just make a fish. | 要不做个鱼风筝得了 |
[04:57] | And before we get started on the script, | 对稿子之前 |
[04:58] | I have a couple of production notes. | 我们先商量下制作笔记 |
[04:59] | Ed, can you get me 40 more seconds of the Mir transmissions? | Ed 能多播放40秒的和平号空间站的传送吗 |
[05:02] | – No problem. – Hello, everyone. | – 没问题 – 大家好 |
[05:04] | I’m terribly sorry I’m late. | 非常抱歉迟到了 |
[05:06] | Please, continue. Lead on, maestra. | 请继续 开始吧 大师 |
[05:11] | Okay. | 好的 |
[05:12] | Kenny’s only giving me a couple of hours to record, | Kenny就给了我几个小时的录制时间 |
[05:14] | so we’ll do the big chunks first and the third two’s last. | 所以我们先录重要事件 |
[05:16] | If we have any time at the end of session, we’ll tape the promos. | 要是到最后还有时间 再录广告 |
[05:19] | – Frasier, what are you doing? – I’m sorry, Roz. | – Fraiser 你这是干嘛 – 抱歉 Roz |
[05:21] | I-I was just looking for a little caffeine kick-start. | 我想喝杯咖啡醒醒觉 |
[05:24] | Can it wait until we have a break? | 就不能等休息时候再喝吗 |
[05:25] | Yes, of course it can. You’re the maestra. | 好的 听你的 你是大师 |
[05:28] | Can you please stop calling me that? | 能别这么叫我了吗 |
[05:32] | – Does everybody have the scripts? – Right. Got it, got it. Yep. | – 每个人都有稿子了吗 – 是的 有了有了 没错 |
[05:36] | Okay, now, I think basically we’re in good shape, | 好的 我觉得整体还不错 |
[05:39] | but I felt like it dragged a little in the middle. | 但是中间有点拖了后腿 |
[05:41] | – Any thoughts? – I agree. | – 你们觉得呢 – 我同意 |
[05:43] | Maybe we should talk about the social aspects, | 也许可以说说社会反响 |
[05:45] | the panic that spread through the schools, | 各派别的担忧 |
[05:47] | because we weren’t emphasising space. | 因为我们以前没有强调太空的事 |
[05:49] | Oh, I like that. Good idea. | 哦 不错 好主意 |
[05:51] | What about the space programme as a tool for the politicians? | 谈谈政客们把太空计划当做牟利工具怎么样 |
[05:55] | – Good angle. – Yeah. | – 角度不错 – 耶 |
[05:57] | These are great ideas, guys. Keep them coming. | 这些都是好主意 同志们继续 |
[05:58] | You know, I-I thought we might intercut between | 我们可以交叉对比 |
[06:00] | the Russian and American programmes | 俄罗斯和美国的计划 |
[06:01] | and build up the tension of the space race. | 加强太空竞赛激烈的效果 |
[06:03] | I don’t think so. | 这个不好 |
[06:07] | What about that dog the Russians sent up? | 谈谈俄罗斯送上太空的那只狗呢 |
[06:09] | I love that. People like dogs. | 这个好 人们喜欢狗狗 |
[06:12] | How about those chimps? | 那大猩猩呢 |
[06:15] | I don’t know. I mean, this isn’t Zoo in Space. | 不知道 我们又不是在聊太空动物园 |
[06:19] | So uh, it looks like we’re filled out in the middle here. | 好了 看来中间部分丰满了 |
[06:22] | So I think we’re doing okay. | 我觉得这样很好 |
[06:24] | – What, Frasier? – Well, it’s just a teeny thing, Roz. | – 怎么 Frasier – 我觉得有点小问题 Roz |
[06:27] | I was thinking that seeing as how it is the jumping-off place for the future, | 我们把国际太空站当做未来世界的出发点 |
[06:32] | that we might devote two segments to the International Space Station. | 花两个小节详述怎么样 |
[06:36] | Thanks, but I’ve worked this out very specifically. | 谢谢你的意见 但我已经计划好了 |
[06:39] | You know, I was thinking, | 我在想 |
[06:40] | we can combine the stuff about the manned | 能否将载人 |
[06:42] | and unmanned missions into one segment | 和非载人计划合成一节 |
[06:44] | and spread out the space station. | 再展开谈空间站 |
[06:45] | Oh, I like that. Good idea, B.K. | 噢 我喜欢 好主意 BK |
[06:49] | I just said that. | 这不就我刚说的嘛 |
[06:52] | Oh, well, I didn’t hear you. | 好吧 我没听见你说的 |
[06:53] | You must have heard me, Roz, because you said no. | 你肯定听到了啊 Roz 你刚还说不行呢 |
[06:56] | Frasier, let’s move on, shall we? | Frasier 能说下一段吗 |
[06:59] | Okay, let’s talk music. | 好了 我们谈谈背景音乐吧 |
[07:00] | What if we led off the programme with that music | 开头曲用<2011太空漫游> |
[07:03] | from 2001: A Space Odyssey? | 的主题曲怎么样 |
[07:05] | Home run, B.K. | 太棒了 BK |
[07:15] | What is it, Frasier? | 又怎么了 Frasier |
[07:16] | Ah, well, not to belittle your suggestion, B.K., which I love. | 我真不是要贬低你的提议 BK 其实我挺喜欢的 |
[07:20] | It’s just that that particular piece of music has been a bit… | 只是这首曲子有点 呃 |
[07:25] | I don’t know, a bit overused. | 怎么说呢 被用烂了 |
[07:28] | And it-it occurs to me | 要我说 |
[07:29] | that perhaps an equally evocative, | 找一首同样引发共鸣 |
[07:32] | less familiar piece of music might better serve. | 又小众独特的曲子会更好 |
[07:35] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[07:37] | You mean something like “The Planets” By Holst? | 比如霍尔斯特的<行星组曲> |
[07:39] | Exactly. It’s a little less on the nose. | 没错 就是这种小众歌曲 |
[07:40] | What about Phillip Glass? You know, go completely minimalist. | 菲利普格拉斯的曲子怎么样 走极简路线 |
[07:44] | Yes, like space. | 没错 就像太空一样 |
[07:45] | Now we’re cooking. | 我们现在上道了 |
[07:46] | – People… – Ever listened to Sun Ra? | – 大家 – Sun Ra怎么样 |
[07:47] | – Or period music? Like hits from 60s. – This is good. This is good. | – 或者古典音乐 比如60年代的打击乐 – 很好 |
[07:50] | When we’re covering the American programme, | 谈美国项目的时候 |
[07:52] | we can use American music like Copland. | 就用科普兰的曲子 |
[07:53] | Better yet, Charles Ives. | 查尔斯艾夫斯的更好 |
[07:55] | – And then for the Russians, we can use… – Shostakovich. | – 谈到俄罗斯的项目时 就 – 用肖斯塔科维奇 |
[07:57] | – Let’s do it. – Frasier. | – 就这么定了 – Frasier |
[08:00] | Can I talk to you for a second? | 能跟你说句话吗 |
[08:01] | Well, yes, of course, Roz. You’re the boss. | 当然 没问题 Roz 都听你的 |
[08:05] | – Be back in five, everybody. – Yeah. | – 休息五分钟 – 好的 |
[08:14] | Listen, Roz, let me give you just one little piece of advice. | Roz 我给你提点意见吧 |
[08:16] | I find that when I’m in a leadership position, | 我发现领导团队时 |
[08:18] | the best way to rally my staff… | 动员手下最好的办法就是 |
[08:20] | What staff? | 什么手下 |
[08:22] | I’m your staff, and I’ve been listening to you for eight years. | 我就是你的手下 我都听你指挥八年了 |
[08:25] | And I would like for you to listen to me for a change. | 你现在就不能听我一次吗 |
[08:27] | – And I support that. – Then shut up! | – 我就是这么想的啊 – 那就闭嘴 |
[08:33] | Well… | 好吧 |
[08:36] | I’m not sure that’s a very wise tone to take. | 用这样的语气跟我说话不太明智吧 |
[08:37] | You don’t want to lose your narrator. | 小心丢了你的旁白哦 |
[08:43] | Is that a threat? | 你在威胁我吗 |
[08:45] | Well, I’m just saying that | 我只是觉得 |
[08:46] | alienating me isn’t probably in the best interest of the show. | 冷落我并不会为节目带来好处 |
[08:50] | Well, maybe the show would be better off without you. | 是吗 也许没了你节目会更好 |
[08:53] | Well, then, maybe I should just leave the show. | 好啊 那我就退出好了 |
[08:56] | Well, maybe that’s what the show wants you to do. | 好啊 我们早就这么想了 |
[08:59] | Well, then, the show can bite me! | 好的 那我就退出了 随你便吧 |
[09:10] | I realise I’ve gone on here a bit, | 这种事我可是过来人 |
[09:11] | Fred, so let me try to boil this down for you. | Fred 我来给你分析一下吧 |
[09:14] | If you want to be a good leader, | 要想做个好领导 |
[09:17] | you’ve got to be able to admit when you’re wrong. | 必须承认自己的错误 |
[09:21] | No one ever stood so tall as when he or she… | 当低头道歉时 不论男或女 |
[09:28] | …stooped to say I’m sorry. | 形象都是高大的 |
[09:32] | What’s that got to do with my fear of intimacy? | 这跟我的亲密关系恐惧症有什么关系 |
[09:41] | Which brings to mind another phrase: | 这就引出了下一个话题 |
[09:44] | There is none so blind as he or she | 当视而不见时 不论男或女 |
[09:50] | who will not see. | 都是盲目的 |
[09:54] | We’ll be right back after the news. | 新闻之后马上回来 |
[09:56] | Subtle, Frasier. | 比喻很精妙嘛 Frasier |
[09:58] | But just so you know, I do not owe you an apology. | 但你得知道 这不是我的错 |
[10:01] | You were trying to take over my show and that’s why I fired you. | 你想控制我的节目 我必须炒了你 |
[10:04] | You did not fire me. I quit. | 你没炒我 是我自己辞职的 |
[10:07] | But at this late date, Roz, | 但是录制在即 Roz |
[10:09] | you should be spared the burden of having to replace me. | 你不应该为了找人代替我而费心 |
[10:11] | So why don’t we agree to put aside our egos | 我们不妨放下傲气 |
[10:13] | and continue with the programme? | 继续合作录制呢 |
[10:15] | I’ve already replaced you. | 我已经找到人代替你了 |
[10:19] | Oh, Roz, you’ve gone with an also-ran. | Roz 你又退而求其次了 |
[10:22] | Who is it? | 找的谁啊 |
[10:23] | John Glenn John Glenn. | |
[10:27] | – The astronaut? – Yes. | – 那个宇航员 – 是的 |
[10:29] | – The senator? – Yes. | – 议员 – 没错 |
[10:32] | The John Glenn, American hero. | 就是那个John Glenn 美国英雄 |
[10:37] | So I take it there was no one available with any previous radio experience. | 就是说你请的嘉宾一点广播经验都没有咯 |
[10:45] | 西雅图 我们有麻烦了 | |
[10:47] | Loosen up, son. | 放线 儿子 |
[10:50] | That’s the way. | 就是这样 |
[10:55] | Relaxed but firm. | 手腕放送 手指握紧 |
[10:58] | It’s not a fight. It’s a persuasion. | 不要把这当做搏斗 要当做是谈判 |
[11:03] | Okay, Dad, I am ready. I wanna take her to the park. | 好的 老爸 我准备好了 我们去公园放吧 |
[11:06] | Out of the question. | 门都没有 |
[11:08] | Well, I have to practise in real-life conditions. | 可是我得实践练习啊 |
[11:11] | I can’t keep running up and down the halls. | 我可不能在楼梯间放它 |
[11:14] | No, it’s too windy. | 不行 今天风太大了 |
[11:16] | All right. Well… | 好吧 那 |
[11:18] | Can I at least hang her off the balcony | 我能把它挂在阳台上吗 |
[11:20] | so we can see how she looks? | 我们就能一睹它的风姿了 |
[11:21] | Niles, what kind of dope are you smoking? | Niles 你吃错药了吧 |
[11:24] | The updraft would pull you off your feet. | 上升气流会让你飞起来的 |
[11:27] | You know, you’ve got a lot to learn. | 你需要学的太多了 |
[11:28] | This is like driving a car, you know? | 这就像学开车一样 |
[11:30] | It takes practise and concentration. | 你得练习以及专注 |
[11:35] | Hey, Fras. | 嗨 Fras |
[11:36] | Did you get things all patched up with Roz? | 你跟Roz和好了么 |
[11:39] | On the contrary, | 恰恰相反 |
[11:41] | every time I offer her an olive branch, | 每次我向她递上橄榄枝 |
[11:44] | she snaps it in two, | 她就把橄榄枝掰成两半 |
[11:45] | sets it on fire and writes no with the ashes. | 放把火烧成灰 再用灰写个”不”字 |
[11:50] | She had the temerity to call me overbearing. | 她竟敢指责我傲慢自大 |
[11:54] | This time, the wound is deep, my friends, bone deep. | 这次她伤我太深了 朋友们 伤及骨髓了 |
[11:58] | – Well, maybe… – Yes, of course | – 好吧 也许 – 没错 |
[11:59] | sometimes I am forceful with my opinions, | 有时候我是强势了一点 |
[12:02] | but that is only because I’m passionate and right. | 但那都因为我热心又正确 |
[12:05] | And passionate about being right. | 又对正确充满热心 |
[12:08] | Overbearing, as if. | 这就算傲慢自大了 |
[12:10] | Well, she probably wants to… | 也许她只是想 |
[12:11] | It’s insupportable, Dad. | 简直忍无可忍 老爸 |
[12:13] | She went out and got John Glenn to replace me. | 她去找John Glenn代替了我 |
[12:19] | – The astronaut? – Yes, yes, the American hero. | – 那个宇航员 – 对 没错 那个美国英雄 |
[12:23] | John Glenn, he’s perfect. | John Glenn 他简直完美 |
[12:25] | Oh, moon dust and starshine, Dad. | 噢 月球尘埃和熠熠星辉 |
[12:27] | Yes, he’s been to space. | 没错 他是上过太空 |
[12:29] | But does he have the voice, the savvy, the radio charisma? Hm? | 但是他声音好听吗 足智多谋吗 有广播魅力吗 |
[12:34] | Batten down the kite, Niles. | 收好风筝 Niles |
[12:36] | It’s really starting to blow hard in here. | 风太大了 牛皮都被吹上天了 |
[12:41] | Frasier, your issues notwithstanding, | Frasier 不管有没有你 |
[12:45] | getting John Glenn is quite a coup for Roz. | 能请到John Glenn对Roz来说都是好事 |
[12:47] | John Glenn is just a space-age Band-Aid, Niles. | John Glenn只不过是个航天挡箭牌 Niles |
[12:50] | And Roz is using it to cover up | Roz只不过利用他 |
[12:52] | this enormous authority issue she has with me, | 来表明自己是老大 |
[12:55] | which she persists in denying. | 却又死活不承认 |
[12:57] | You’re right, Niles, it’s time for action. | 你说的对 Niles 是时候行动了 |
[12:59] | I’ve got to show her once and for all that I am not some meddler | 我得让她彻底明白 我不是来搅和的 |
[13:02] | and she is only being paranoid. | 是她有被害妄想 |
[13:03] | I’ll be in my room plotting some way to prove it. | 我这就回屋策划个计谋向她证明这事 |
[13:18] | I’m Fafner. | 我是法夫纳 |
[14:38] | All I know is that a couple of your clowns wired up the dish a month ago, | 我只知道你们这群人一个月前装了个天线 |
[14:42] | and now I can’t even see the news. | 然后我现在连新闻都看不了了 |
[14:44] | Now, I do a lot of TV watching | 我可是经常看电视 |
[14:46] | and I don’t wanna have to take my business elsewhere, but I will. | 我也不想换其他公司 但我必须得换了 |
[14:56] | Can’t hear you, sorry. | 抱歉 听不清 |
[15:06] | – Senator? – Yes. | – 议员 – 你好 |
[15:08] | I’d like to introduce myself. I’m Dr. Frasier Crane. | 自我介绍一下 我是Frasier Crane医生 |
[15:11] | – Oh, glad to meet you. – It’s a pleasure to meet you. Yes. | – 噢 很高兴认识你 – 我也是 |
[15:14] | I was the previous narrator on the documentary. | 我之前是纪录片的旁白 |
[15:18] | That’s a fascinating story. | 这可是个好故事 |
[15:20] | Well, you’ve heard her side of the story. | 你只听了她的说辞 |
[15:21] | Maybe someday you’ll hear mine. | 你应该听听我的 |
[15:23] | Well, I was talking about space travel. | 我是在说宇宙航行 |
[15:27] | It was good of you to step aside, though. | 不过很感谢你能把角色让给我 |
[15:29] | – You have a scheduling conflict? – Yes, unfortunately. | – 档期冲突 – 是的 很遗憾 |
[15:31] | The Opera Guild’s annual football tournament. | 得参加歌剧协会的年度橄榄球赛 |
[15:36] | Well, I’m the quarterback. | 我是四分卫 |
[15:38] | Anyway, here, if you wouldn’t mind indulging me, | 其实 如果你不介意的话 |
[15:40] | – Sure. – I have a few suggestions | – 当然不 – 我有几个建议 |
[15:41] | that I didn’t have a chance to run by Roz. | 没来得及告诉Roz |
[15:45] | Here we are. Now, this first one is about a Seattle man | 第一个建议就是关于一个西雅图男人 |
[15:47] | who took his two sons to the roof | 带着两个儿子在屋顶 |
[15:49] | to see if they could spot Friendship 7 flying by. | 等着看友谊7号飞船飞过 |
[15:53] | Was that you? | 你就是两个儿子之一 |
[15:55] | That’s very perceptive of you, sir. | 您真聪明 |
[15:56] | Yes, that was me, my father and my brother. | 没错 那就是我 我父亲和我弟弟 |
[15:59] | I thought a story from the glory days of | 我觉得用航空鼎盛时期的 |
[16:00] | space might help to launch the show. | 故事来引题最好 |
[16:02] | You know, that sounds great. I’ll bring that up to Roz. | 这个主意不错 我会告诉Roz的 |
[16:05] | About that, it’s probably best that Roz never know we had this conversation. | 不告诉她这是我的主意也许更好 |
[16:08] | Why not? | 为什么 |
[16:09] | Well, you see, any suggestion that came from me right now, | 目前 Roz对于我的提议 |
[16:12] | roz would be inclined to shoot down. | 十分排斥 |
[16:14] | And she’s a little ticked off at me for dropping out. | 我的离开让她有点生气 |
[16:17] | Well, you know, I don’t like to go behind someone’s back. | 可我不想在别人背后捣鬼 |
[16:20] | Oh, we’re not going behind anybody’s back. | 哦 我们可没捣鬼 |
[16:23] | Even if we were, it’s only temporary so… | 虽然是背着她 但也只是权宜之策 |
[16:25] | At any rate, it is for the good of the show. | 不管怎么说 这是为了节目好 |
[16:28] | Well, okay, I’ll look through these things. | 好吧 我会考虑的 |
[16:30] | – And I’ll probably bring them up to her. – Oh, that’s terrific. | – 也会向她提议的 – 太好了 |
[16:33] | Thank you, sir. It was a pleasure to meet you. | 谢谢 很荣幸认识你 |
[16:34] | – Thank you. Good to see you. – Take care. | – 谢谢 我也很荣幸 – 保重 |
[16:37] | Oh, senator, | 哦 议员 |
[16:39] | what are you drinking there, Tang? | 你在喝什么 果珍吗 |
[16:39] | 最初果珍销量不高 但在NASA配备给 John Glenn的水星计划以及其后的双子座计划后 销量显著增加 | |
[16:43] | Two minutes and 20 seconds. A new record. | 两分二十秒才提起这个哏 新纪录 |
[16:52] | So let me get this cued up and we’ll be ready to go. Okay? | 我先把带子调好 然后就开始 |
[16:54] | – Sounds great. – All right. | – 好的 – 没问题 |
[16:57] | – Frasier, what are you doing here? – Roz, I’m just observing. | – Frasier 你来这干嘛 – Roz 我就是来看看 |
[17:01] | If you want me to go, I-I will. | 你要是不想我在这里 我走就是了 |
[17:02] | But you have to admit, | 但是你得承认 |
[17:03] | this is sort of a once-in-a-lifetime thing. | 这可是个千载难逢的事情 |
[17:06] | Fine, but no talking. | 好吧 但是不许说话 |
[17:12] | Okay, senator, we’re rolling. | 好了 议员 我们准备开录了 |
[17:14] | Okay. Roz, I have an idea if you’re interested. | Roz 我有个想法 |
[17:16] | Sure. | 怎么呢 |
[17:17] | I heard the nicest story | 我最近听说了一个美好的故事 |
[17:18] | about a Seattle man who took his two sons up on the roof of the house | 一个西雅图男人带着两个儿子去屋顶 |
[17:23] | to try and see my Mercury spacecraft come over. | 想看着我的水星任务飞船划过天际 |
[17:26] | I love that. | 我喜欢这个故事 |
[17:27] | Yeah, well, I thought you’d like that one. | 好吧 我估计你会喜欢的 |
[17:29] | And then if we could get some of the old mission broadcasts, | 要是我们能找到当年的广播带 |
[17:32] | maybe we could use those for-for background. | 可以用来做背景 |
[17:34] | Definitely. You are full of great ideas. | 当然好了 你真是足智多谋 |
[17:37] | No. I’m full of good ideas. | 不 是我足智多谋 |
[17:41] | Frasier, what are you doing? | Frasier 你这是干嘛 |
[17:43] | Roz, you just agreed to two of my suggestions, | 你刚接受了我的两个建议 |
[17:44] | which proves your problem is with me and not with them. | 这说明你就是对我有意见 |
[17:46] | I’m so sorry. Frasier, get out. | 真是抱歉 Frasier 滚出去 |
[17:48] | Roz, it’s all right. The senator and I are old friends. | 议员和我是老朋友了 |
[17:51] | I took the liberty of running a few irresistible ideas by him, | 我私自跑去向他提了几个建议 |
[17:53] | so that I can prove my point and let you come clean. | 这样就能证明我是对的了 |
[17:55] | That’s not what you told me. You used me. | 你跟我可不是这么说的 你利用我 |
[18:00] | I’m sorry, senator, but…but if I used you, | 抱歉 议员 虽然我利用了你 |
[18:02] | it was only as the swift and terrible sword of justice. | 但只是为了伸张正义 |
[18:06] | It’s terrible, all right. And outrageous. | 这太过分了 简直令人发指 |
[18:09] | You said these were your ideas. | 你刚说这是你自己的建议 |
[18:11] | Why’d you do it, Senator Glenn? | 你为什么这么说 Glenn议员 |
[18:15] | I was misled and I feel awful and… | 我被误导了 我很抱歉 |
[18:18] | And you know, it’s not like me to be that underhanded. | 但是 你了解我的 我是个光明磊落的人 |
[18:23] | It’s all right. Frasier, get in my booth. | 没关系的 Frasier 来我这屋 |
[18:29] | I am so sorry, Senator Glenn. | 非常抱歉 Glenn议员 |
[18:32] | Well, I’m the one that’s sorry. | 不 该道歉的是我 |
[18:33] | It’s my nature to be honest and… | 我一向以诚待人 |
[18:35] | Now, listen up, Roz. I’m gonna tell you what I did this for. | Roz 听我解释我为什么这么做 |
[18:38] | Back in those glory days, | 在航天鼎盛时期 |
[18:40] | I was very uncomfortable when they asked us | 每当他们叫我们 |
[18:42] | to say things that I didn’t want to say | 说些言不由衷的话时 |
[18:45] | and deny other things. | 我都倍感不适 |
[18:46] | I am so mad at you, Frasier. | Frasier 你太让我生气了 |
[18:48] | Oh, yeah? Well, I’m mad too, so just bring it on. | 是嘛 那我还生气呢 来吧 |
[18:50] | Some people ask, you know, “Were you alone out there?” | 总有人问”太空中除了你们 还有其他的生物吗” |
[18:55] | We never gave the real answer. | 我们从未吐露真相 |
[18:58] | And yet, we’ve seen things out there, strange things. | 但其实 我们看到了些东西 奇怪的东西 |
[19:03] | This is my project and I asked you not to try to take control, | 这是我的节目 我叫你不要插手 |
[19:06] | and now you’ve gone behind my back and done just that. | 可你却在我背后做出这种事情 |
[19:09] | But Roz, you didn’t even give me a fair shake. | 可是你对我也太不公平了 |
[19:10] | If I didn’t, it was because I was trying to protect myself | 那是因为我想保护自己 |
[19:12] | because you can be so bossy sometimes. | 你有时太盛气凌人了 |
[19:15] | But we know what we saw out there and we couldn’t… | 但我们确定看到了它们 却无法 |
[19:18] | We couldn’t really say anything. | 无法对世人提起 |
[19:20] | And…and the bosses were scared of this. | 领导很害怕这些 |
[19:22] | They were afraid of War of the Worlds type stuff. | 他们担心发生星球大战那样的事情 |
[19:25] | And…and about panic in the streets, and so we had to keep quiet. | 担心引起公众恐慌 因此我们只能守口如瓶 |
[19:29] | And now we only see these things in our… | 如今 我们只能在 |
[19:32] | Well, in our nightmares or…or maybe in the…in the movies. | 在自己的噩梦或电影中看到它们的影子 |
[19:37] | And some of them are pretty close to being the truth. | 某些电影中的形象已与我们看到的十分接近 |
[19:41] | All right, Roz, | 好了 Roz |
[19:43] | I’ll admit that maybe I was being a little too assertive, all right? | 我承认 我有时候确实过于强势了 好吗 |
[19:47] | But the least you could do is admit that perhaps you were a bit defensive. | 但是你也得承认 你有点过于保护自己的权威了 |
[19:55] | Well, maybe you’re right. | 好吧 也许你说得对 |
[19:58] | But it was because I was trying to prove | 但这也是因为我想要证明 |
[20:00] | that I could do this on my own, | 我可以靠自己的力量做节目 |
[20:02] | so I was shutting you out. | 才将你拒之门外的 |
[20:04] | I admit it. It was unfair, and I apologise. | 我承认 这对你不公平 我道歉 |
[20:07] | Accepted. | 接受道歉 |
[20:09] | Oh, Roz, come on. | 哦 Roz 好了 |
[20:10] | Our friendship is much more important to me than this documentary. | 我们的友谊比这个节目更重要 |
[20:13] | Oh, it is to me too, Frasier. | 对我来说也是 Frasier |
[20:17] | Look, about what I just said out there, | 打扰下 我刚才在演播室说的话 |
[20:21] | can we just keep that between us? | 可以不播出吗 |
[20:22] | Oh, of course, senator. | 当然了 议员 |
[20:24] | Good, well… Oh wait, you were recording all that? | 好的 等等 你们把这都录下来了 |
[20:28] | Yeah, but that’s okay. We’ve got plenty of tape. | 是啊 不过没关系 带子多着呢 |
[20:30] | I’m gonna need that tape. | 这盘带子得给我 |
[20:35] | He’s a little tightly wound. | 他才有点保护过度呢 |
[20:38] | Looks like maybe somebody should cut back on the old Tang. | 看来某人该戒一戒果珍了 |
[20:43] | – That’s a good one, Frasier. – Oh, thanks, Roz. | – 这个哏漂亮 Frasier – 谢谢 Roz |
[20:47] | Whenever you’re ready, senator. | 准备好了吗 议员 |
[20:50] | “Since the dawn of time, | “自人类初始 |
[20:52] | man has gazed skyward and dreamed of reaching the stars…” | 我们一直仰望星际 希望触碰繁星” |