时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:08] | – Hi, Niles. – Hey, Roz. | – 你好啊 Niles – 你好 Roz |
[00:11] | Hey, how’s Daphne? | Daphne怎么样了 |
[00:12] | Actually, I just got back from visiting her at the spa. | 其实我刚刚去看过她 她在做spa |
[00:15] | – Yeah. – It wasn’t easy, | – 是啊 – 尽管很不容易 |
[00:16] | but she has already lost 9 pounds and 12 ounces. | 不过她已经瘦掉8斤8两了 |
[00:19] | Wow, good for her. It’s all about will power. | 不错啊 这种事需要强大的毅力 |
[00:23] | – Yeah. – Oh, thanks. | – 哦 – 谢谢 |
[00:25] | I’m going back to the spa this coming weekend, if you need a ride. | 这个周末我会去看她 你要搭便车吗 |
[00:30] | These aren’t for me. | 这些不是给我吃的 |
[00:30] | Alice’s school is having a picnic, and I’m bringing the goodies. | Alice的学校要野餐了 我要带好东西 |
[00:33] | Yes, so I see. Just don’t get them sunburned. | 看出来了 注意不要晒伤她们了 |
[00:37] | I’m sorry. It’s just… | 不好意思 只是 |
[00:40] | Well, aren’t you a little overdressed for a picnic? | 你不觉得穿这个去野餐太高调了么? |
[00:41] | Well, there is this cute single dad named Greg. | 有一个叫Greg的单身父亲也会去 |
[00:44] | – Oh. – He’s going through a divorce. | – 哦 – 他正在办离婚 |
[00:46] | His wife cheated on him. He’s so nice too. | 她老婆劈腿了 但他特别好 |
[00:50] | He deserves a woman he can trust. | 他值得拥有一个能信赖的女人 |
[00:52] | Do these look like I baked them? | 这像是我亲手烤的么? |
[00:55] | Yes, just as long as they don’t taste like you baked them. | 只要味道和你烤的不一样就好了 |
[01:01] | – Gotta go. – All right. | – 我要走了 – 好 |
[01:02] | – Hi, Roz. – Hey, Frasier. | – 你好 Roze – 你好 Frasier |
[01:03] | Can I get a latte to go, please? | 一杯拿铁外带 谢谢 |
[01:05] | Well, Niles, it’s official, | Niles 正式宣布 |
[01:09] | our old high school is on the verge of bankruptcy. | 我们的高中要破产了 |
[01:13] | What happened to the fundraising committee? | 筹款委员会呢 |
[01:14] | We disbanded it this morning. | 今天早上刚解散 |
[01:18] | – I don’t believe it. – Yeah. | – 真是难以相信 – 是啊 |
[01:20] | – Bryce Academy gone. – Mm-hm. | – 布莱斯学院消失了 – 哼 |
[01:23] | – No more third-floor library. – No. | – 不会再有三层的图书馆了 – 没了 |
[01:25] | No more science lab. | 再没有科学实验室了 |
[01:25] | Oh, gosh, I stole my first kiss in that science lab. | 哦 我是在实验室得到的初吻 |
[01:31] | Jill Solomon. She was pretty upset about it, | Jill Solomon 她当时相当不高兴了 |
[01:34] | but I was beaming all the way to the nurse’s office. | 但是我一路高高兴兴地进了医务室 |
[01:38] | No more nurse’s office. | 再没有医务室了 |
[01:40] | I spent many a happy gym class there. | 我在医务室里度过了很多节美好的体育课 |
[01:44] | Frasier, we can’t let this happen. | Frasier 我们不能让它关门 |
[01:46] | I don’t see how we can prevent it, Niles. | 我想不出怎么保住它 |
[01:47] | Believe me, there are no more alumni arms left to be twisted. | 相信我 没有更多校友可以捐钱了 |
[01:50] | Well, maybe we’re twisting the wrong arms. | 也许我们找错人了 |
[01:54] | We know plenty of people who give to any cause that comes along. | 我们认识很多人他们为各种理由捐钱 |
[01:58] | Perhaps you’re right. | 也许你是对的 |
[01:58] | Let’s get some of that cash flowing Bryce’s way. | 让我们替布莱斯去搞点钱吧 |
[02:00] | Yes. Now how soon do you think we can get our | 召集我们有钱的 |
[02:02] | well-to-do friends together? | 朋友们要多久? |
[02:03] | No time to waste, Niles. How’s Wednesday evening? | 时间紧迫 Niles 你觉得周三晚上怎么样 |
[02:06] | No, can’t. Theatre tickets. How about Thursday? | 不行啊 买了那天歌剧的票 星期四怎么样 |
[02:09] | An appointment at the spa. | 预约了那天的spa |
[02:10] | – Well, can you change it? – Well, not willingly. | – 你不能改期么 – 我不太想啊 |
[02:12] | It’s with the good masseur,the blind one. | 那个按摩师比较好 他是盲人 |
[02:15] | He’s blind. | 他是盲人啊 |
[02:18] | When he said he couldn’t see clients, I thought he was just booked all week. | 他说不能见客 我以为他是说这周预约满了呢 |
[02:25] | We should probably talk strategy before the guests get here. | 或许我们应该提前谈一谈策略 |
[02:27] | Yes, all right,we don’t wanna pounce. | 有道理 我们不要太唐突 |
[02:29] | Let’s let them get settled in, have a few cocktails, | 将他们安顿好 喝几杯鸡尾酒 |
[02:32] | and then, when they’re sufficiently relaxed, | 当他们放松下来 |
[02:34] | we’ll shear them like Delilah. | 就像Delilah一样剪他们的羊毛 |
[02:38] | Our first guest. | 我们的第一个客人 |
[02:39] | Let the fundraising begin. | 筹款开始啦 |
[02:44] | Hello, one and all. Please come in, please come in. | 大家好 快请进 快请进 |
[02:46] | Thank you for coming. Let me take your wrap. | 感谢你们的到来 您披肩给我 |
[02:48] | Here we are. Please make yourselves at home. | 这边来 请自便 |
[02:50] | – Frasier, the place looks wonderful. – Thank you. | – Frasier 你家看着真不错 – 谢谢 |
[02:52] | – I love that painting. – Really? | – 我喜欢这幅画 – 真的啊 |
[02:54] | Well, it’s hardly as impressive as that portrait that Hockney did of your wife. | 还是没有Hockney给您夫人画的肖像出彩 |
[02:57] | – You like it? – Mm-hm. | – 你喜欢是吗 – 是啊 |
[02:58] | – Make me an offer. – Excuse me? | – 开个价吧 – 什么 |
[03:01] | Between you and me, I’m getting hammered by margin calls. | 偷偷告诉你 我收到好几次补充保证金的通知了 |
[03:05] | Need a watch? | 手表要么 |
[03:07] | Oh, actually, that’s not really… | 其实 并没有 |
[03:09] | Oh, Mertzie. Oh, good to see you. How is everything? | 哦 Mertzie 看见你太好了 你怎么样 |
[03:13] | So the judge voided our prenup, and if that’s not bad enough, | 法官判定我们的婚前协议无效 更糟的是 |
[03:16] | I’m paying half her lawyer’s fee. | 我还要付她一半的律师费 |
[03:18] | These Russian gals look good on the internet, but… | 这些俄国妹子在网上看着不错 不过 |
[03:26] | How are things going on your side of the room? | 你那边怎么样了 |
[03:28] | Not very well. | 不太顺利 |
[03:29] | Seems Marshall sank all his money into a new house. | Marshall好像把钱都花在新家上了 |
[03:31] | Sally sank all her money into a new boat, which sank. | Sally把钱都花在新船上了 那船还沉了 |
[03:36] | Wait, Niles, the door. Isn’t that–? | 看 Niles 门口 是那个谁么 |
[03:39] | Oh, yes, it is. Eleanor Lynch. | 没错就是她 Eleanor Lynch |
[03:41] | I heard she got a huge settlement from the Mariners | 我听说水手队付了她一大笔赔偿 |
[03:43] | after that baseball bat flew into the stands– | 球棒飞到看台 |
[03:44] | No, no, no, no, the woman next to her. Isn’t that Penelope Janvier? | 不不不 她旁边的女人 那不是Penelope Janvier么 |
[03:49] | Of the Penelope Janvier Foundation? | Penelope Janvier基金会的那个 |
[03:51] | – Yes. – Oh, yes, it is. | – 是的 – 是 就是她 |
[03:52] | Niles, this is amazing luck. | Niles 我们的运气太好了 |
[03:54] | She could write a cheque covering the whole amount | 她眼睛都不眨一下 |
[03:55] | without batting an eye. | 就可以开一张足够面额的支票 |
[03:56] | Yes, don’t put it that way in front of Eleanor. | 不要当着Eleanor讲这种话 |
[04:00] | – Let’s go talk to her. – No, no, no, no. Wait, wait, wait. | – 我们去和她谈谈 – 不不 等一等 |
[04:02] | Listen, we’re only gonna have one crack at this. | 机会只有一次 |
[04:03] | We’d better make it a good one. | 我们只能成功 |
[04:03] | – All right. Let’s devise a little plan. Come with me. – Okay. All right, all right. | – 我们来计划一下 跟我来 – 好吧 好吧 |
[04:07] | – Oh! – Oh, goodness, are you all right? | – 啊 – 哦 天啊 你还好么 |
[04:10] | Oh, I just twisted my ankle. | 我把脚踝扭了 |
[04:11] | Well, well, sit down. I’ll take this back to the kitchen for you. | 好了 好了 坐下吧 我来帮你送回厨房 |
[04:14] | Oh, thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[04:16] | Hey, sweetheart. Need some more Crunch ‘n Munch. | 嘿 美女 给我来点薯片 |
[04:21] | – Oh, I’m not a… – I’m sorry. | – 我不是 – 不好意思 |
[04:23] | I’m sure you’re busy | 给你添麻烦了 |
[04:24] | but if my sons see me traipsing through their party, | 不过要是让我儿子看见我在派对上转悠 |
[04:27] | they’ll think I’m gonna embarrass them | 他们会认为我 |
[04:28] | in front of all their stuffed-shirt friends. | 在他们那些臭显摆的朋友面前出丑了 |
[04:33] | You look familiar. | 你看上去很眼熟 |
[04:36] | You ever dance? | 你以前是跳舞的吧 |
[04:42] | Now, we’ve got to appear casual. | 现在 我们装出很随意的样子 |
[04:43] | All right, all right. Should we start with a little small talk? | 装作去闲聊吗 |
[04:45] | Perhaps, perhaps. Oh, yes, you know, | 也许吧 哦 有办法了 |
[04:46] | I recall an aphorism that’s usually attributed to Santayana, | 我想起Santayana一句名言 |
[04:50] | but I have my own little version. | 不过我改了下 |
[04:52] | We’ve got to get out there right now. | 我们必须马上出去 |
[04:53] | Just give me a chance to get the words right. | 我组织下语言 |
[04:54] | “Money cannot so enrich a man–“ | “金钱不能使一个人真正富有” |
[04:56] | – She’s talking to Dad. – Let’s get the hell out there. | – 她在和老爸说话 – 咱们快出去 |
[04:59] | Dad, dad, what happened with that woman just now? | 爸爸 刚刚你和那个女人在干什么 |
[05:02] | Nothing. She got a phone call and she had to leave. | 什么也没有啊 她接了一个电话就走了 |
[05:03] | She said to say thanks. | 她让我向你们转达谢意 |
[05:04] | Come off it. You offended her somehow. | 别扯了 你一定惹火她了 |
[05:07] | What was it, Dad? A bawdy joke? Nose whistling? | 你都说了什么 黄段子 还是用鼻子吹哨了 |
[05:11] | Do you have any idea who that was? | 你知道她是谁么 |
[05:12] | Yes, she said her name was Penelope Janvier | 知道啊 她说她叫Penelope Janvier |
[05:15] | or Janvier or… | 还是Janvier什么的 |
[05:16] | Janvier, Dad. Jan, Jan. Oh, it doesn’t matter. | 是Janvier 念Jan 算了无所谓 |
[05:19] | Well, it does to me. | 对我来说有所谓好么 |
[05:21] | I wanna say her name right if we’re having dinner tomorrow. | 明天吃晚饭的时候我不能念错她的名字 |
[05:24] | – You didn’t ask her out, did you, Dad? – No, she asked me out. | – 你不会是约她了吧 – 没有 她约的我 |
[05:29] | I’m sorry, Dad. It’s just that I’m a little shocked. | 不好意思 我有点小震惊 |
[05:31] | Actually I think that’s pronounced: | 我想你要说的是 |
[05:33] | “Sorry, Dad, I’m a condescending jackass.” | “对不起 我就是个高傲的混蛋” |
[05:45] | Dad left to meet Penelope five hours ago. | 老爸5个小时以前就去见Penelope了 |
[05:47] | What could they be doing? | 他们在一起能干什么 |
[05:49] | I can think of one possibility. | 有一个可能 |
[05:52] | You think, on a first date? | 你是说 第一次约会就 |
[05:55] | Niles, they went to a steak house. Penelope’s paying. | Niles Penelope请他去吃牛排了 |
[05:58] | I’m sorry, but I don’t think a 48 ouncer is out of the question. | 我觉得他吃个近3斤的牛排也不是没有可能的 |
[06:05] | You know, Niles, hard to believe, | 你知道么 Niles 尽管难以相信 |
[06:07] | but Penelope Janvier could actually become Dad’s girlfriend. | 但是Penelope Janvier还真有可能成为他的女朋友 |
[06:13] | Well, that’s not so preposterous. | 确实 也不是天方夜谭 |
[06:15] | Mom was as cultured and intelligent as they come | 妈妈就是一位有品位有智慧的女人 |
[06:18] | and he certainly made her happy. | 老爸让她过得很开心 |
[06:20] | That he did. | 他的确做到了 |
[06:22] | You know, it might be good for Dad too. | 你知道么 这也许对老爸也有好处 |
[06:24] | – Thank you. – Yeah. | – 谢谢 – 嗯 |
[06:25] | It certainly won’t hurt our fundraising efforts. | 这显然对我们的筹款没有什么坏处 |
[06:28] | – For Bryce. – For Bryce. | – 为了布莱斯学院 – 为了布莱斯学院 |
[06:31] | He’s back. | 他回来了 |
[06:33] | Is that a woman’s voice? | 这不是女人的声音吗 |
[06:34] | My God, she came home with him. | 哦 天啊 老爸把她带回家了 |
[06:39] | – Dad. – Dad, hey, how was your evening? | – 老爸 – 老爸 今晚过得怎么样 |
[06:44] | Couldn’t have gone better. | 不能更好了 |
[06:45] | Dad, am I mistaken, | 我有点糊涂了 |
[06:46] | or did we just hear the sound of a woman’s voice out here? | 我们刚才好像听到外面有女人的声音 |
[06:49] | Oh, yeah, she’s in the powder room. But, listen… | 是啊 她在化妆间 是这样的 |
[06:52] | The powder room? I haven’t changed the hand towels for three days. | 化妆间 我三天没有换手巾了 |
[06:56] | Don’t you cluck your tongue at me. | 不要给我在那”啧” |
[07:02] | Estelle, I’d like you to meet my boys. This is Frasier and Niles. | Estelle 来见见我的儿子们 这是Frasier和Niles |
[07:06] | – Hello. – Nice to meet you guys. | – 你好啊 – 很高兴见到你们 |
[07:08] | Lovely. | 太好了 |
[07:10] | Thanks for letting me use the john. | 谢谢你让我用厕所 |
[07:11] | Oh, sure. So see you tomorrow, okay? | 小事 明天见 |
[07:14] | Great. | 好的 |
[07:19] | – Bye, guys. – Bye-bye. | – 再见 – 再见 |
[07:25] | I’m beat. Well, see you guys tomorrow. | 累死我了 明天见了 |
[07:29] | Dad? | 老爸 |
[07:31] | Oh, all right. Here’s what happened. | 哦 事情是这样的 |
[07:34] | Penelope and I got along great, but after I dropped her off, | 和Penelope一起挺愉快的 后来我把她送回去了 |
[07:37] | I was still hungry. So I went to this little coffee shop | 我当时没有吃饱 所以我又去了一家咖啡店 |
[07:39] | near McGinty’s to get some chili fries. | 就在McGinty酒吧旁边 我想去吃点辣薯条 |
[07:41] | Now, I know what you’re wondering. | 我知道你们在困惑什么 |
[07:43] | Doesn’t McGinty’s have chilli fries? | McGinty酒吧就有炸薯条卖啊 |
[07:44] | Yes, and they’re very tasty. | 而且他家的薯条很好吃 |
[07:46] | Who the hell is Estelle? | Estelle到底是谁 |
[07:49] | She works at the coffee shop. We got chatting, | 她在咖啡店工作 我们闲聊了一会儿 |
[07:51] | the next thing you know, we’re having a nightcap at McGinty’s. | 接下来 我们一起在酒吧喝了点东西 |
[07:53] | Hey, when it rains, it pours. | 桃花来了 挡都挡不住 |
[07:57] | Yes, Dad, but what about Penelope? | 知道了 但是Penelope怎么样啊 |
[07:58] | – Oh, I’m seeing her Tuesday. – You just made a date with Estelle. | – 她啊 我周二见她 – 可是你刚刚约了Estelle |
[08:01] | Not for Tuesday. | 又不是在星期二 |
[08:04] | You’re gonna date both of them? | 你要同时和她俩约会 |
[08:06] | – Are you sure that’s wise? – Well, it’s just dating. | – 你确定这样明智么 – 只是约会而已 |
[08:09] | I met them both at the same time. I like them both. | 我同时遇到了她俩 两个人我都挺喜欢的 |
[08:12] | – Where’s the harm in it? – Don’t you think it’s a-a-a little risky? | – 有什么不好的 – 你不觉得这样有点冒险么 |
[08:14] | I mean, what if one of them should find out about… | 如果她们中有一个发现了 |
[08:16] | – Penelope, for example. – Yes, yes. | – 比如Penelope发现了 – 是啊是啊 |
[08:18] | And you wouldn’t want to alienate her permanently. | 你这样会永远失去她 |
[08:19] | Oh, don’t worry. I’ve watched you juggle. | 哦 不要担心 我看过你们同时约会不同的人 |
[08:23] | I’ve got a pretty good handle on what not to do. | 我知道什么是不能做的 |
[08:32] | – Oh, hi, Niles. – Hey, Roz. | – 你好 Niles – 你好 Roz |
[08:34] | Off to another picnic, I see. | 看来你又要去野餐了 |
[08:37] | Yeah, Greg and I are really hitting it off. | 是啊 我和Greg之间很来电 |
[08:39] | He loves my cooking. | 他很喜欢我做的吃的 |
[08:40] | I’m sorry, miss, we’re out of lemon bars. | 女士 不好意思 我们的柠檬方砖卖完了 |
[08:42] | Well, make some more. | 那还不快去做 |
[08:43] | And give me a dirty pan. I need to put it in my sink. | 再去给我拿个脏盘子 我要放到我家水槽里 |
[08:47] | I’m sorry. Our baker doesn’t come in until tomorrow. | 抱歉 我们的蛋糕师明天才来上班了 |
[08:49] | – I can give you the recipe. – What am I supposed to do with that? | – 我可以把食谱给你 – 我要食谱有什么用 |
[08:54] | – Bake? – Is that supposed to be funny? | – 自己做 – 你在逗我么 |
[09:02] | Good Lord, Niles. You won’t believe this. | 天啊 Niles 说了你都不信 |
[09:04] | “Bryce trustees are already reviewing a proposal | “布莱斯学院理事已经开始审核 |
[09:07] | for the purchase of their land.” | 土地购买的投标了” |
[09:09] | Dad just walked in. | 老爸刚刚进来 |
[09:10] | Let’s drop another hint about meeting Penelope. | 我们去向他暗示一下想见Penelope的事 |
[09:12] | Time for hints has passed, Niles. We’ve got to be direct. | 没时间遮遮掩掩了 应该直接一点 |
[09:14] | Dad is not gonna let us ask his girlfriend for money. | 老爸不会同意我们向他女友要钱的 |
[09:17] | I didn’t say honest. I said direct. Try to keep up, for God’s sakes. | 我只是说要直接点 又没说要讲实话 跟上思路好么 |
[09:20] | – Hey, guys. – Hey, Dad. | – 你们好啊 – 好啊 老爸 |
[09:21] | Have a seat. Have a seat. | 快坐下 快坐下 |
[09:24] | So– Wow, is that espresso? | 这不是浓缩咖啡么 |
[09:26] | Yeah, a little “pick me up” in between dates. | 是啊 约会太多需要提个神 |
[09:29] | Boy, this juggling thing isn’t as easy as I make it look. | 天啊 尽管看上去我很轻松 同时交往两个可没有那么容易 |
[09:32] | But don’t you worry. | 但是你们不用担心, |
[09:34] | They’re both getting first-class passage on the S.S. Martin. | 她们都能享受Martin号游轮的头等舱 |
[09:39] | Oh, that’s where you get that from. | 原来你是从他这学的 |
[09:44] | That’s me. | 是我的 |
[09:46] | – You got a cell phone? – Well, sure, I had to. | – 你有手机了 – 当然 |
[09:48] | You don’t think I’m gonna give them both my home number, do you? | 你不会以为我把家里座机号告诉她俩了吧 |
[09:50] | Come on, Fras, that’s amateur hour. | Fras 你也太业余了吧 |
[09:53] | See, I programmed the phone for different rings | 看 我设置了不同铃声 |
[09:56] | depending on who’s calling, so that way I don’t get caught off guard. | 不同人来电铃声不同 这样我就不会猝不及防了 |
[09:58] | Now this is William Tell. Rhymes with Estelle. | 现在的铃声是 |
[10:03] | Hello. | 你好 |
[10:05] | Oh, hi, Estenelope. | 你好啊 Estenelope |
[10:09] | Penelope? That’s right. Her son’s name’s William. | Penelope 对哦 她的儿子叫William |
[10:12] | Yeah. Oh, sure, Tuesday sounds great. | 好啊 星期二可以的 |
[10:16] | Pick me up at 7? Okay. | 7点来接我 好的 |
[10:18] | See you then, Penelope. | 到时见Penelope |
[10:21] | – That was very smooth. – Yes, yes. | – 非常顺利 – 是啊 是啊 |
[10:25] | Dad, about Penelope, actually, we were wondering… | 老爸 这个Penelope 我们在想 |
[10:29] | Now, you see, that’s Estelle. | 你听 现在是Estelle |
[10:32] | Hello? Hey, Estelle, I had a feeling it might be you. | 你好 Estelle 我有种预感你打过来了 |
[10:38] | Tuesday at 7? Sounds great. | 星期二7点 可以的 |
[10:40] | – Yeah, oh, hold on a sec. What? – Didn’t you just make a date | – 哦 稍等一下 怎么了 – 你不是刚刚定了约会么 |
[10:43] | for Tuesday at 7 with Penelope? | 星期二7点和Penelope一起 |
[10:45] | – That was Thursday, wasn’t it? – No, no, no. We both heard Tuesday. | – 不是星期四么 – 不是 我们都听到是星期二 |
[10:47] | Oh, thanks. Boy, that could’ve been ugly. | 哦 谢谢 要不就糗大了 |
[10:49] | Yeah, Estelle, no, sorry. Thursday’s out. It has to be Tuesday. | Estelle 不好意思 星期四不行了 星期二吧 |
[10:53] | – No, no, no. – No, wait, wait. | – 错了 错了 – 不对 等一等 |
[10:55] | Thursday. Thursday’s what I meant. | 星期四 我说的是星期四 |
[10:58] | Yeah. Okay, talk to you later. Bye. | 好的 回头再聊 再见 |
[11:02] | She’s got it bad, and that ain’t good. | 她爱惨我了 这可不好 |
[11:07] | Dad, uh… | 老爸 那个 |
[11:08] | Dad, listen, | 爸爸 听我说 |
[11:10] | we were thinking it might be time that we meet Penelope. | 我们觉得是时候让我们见一下Penelope了 |
[11:13] | She sounds enchanting. | 她听上去很迷人 |
[11:15] | – Yeah, enchanting. How’s tomorrow? – Oh, guys, I don’t know. | – 对 迷人 明天怎么样 – 哦 我不确定 |
[11:18] | You know, meeting the family. | 你们知道 和家人见面 |
[11:19] | That’s taking it up another notch. | 这会让我们的关系上一个台阶 |
[11:21] | I don’t wanna get that serious yet. | 我现在还不想太认真 |
[11:23] | Maybe in a few months, but right now I just wanna keep it simple. | 几个月之后再说吧 我现在只想让事情简单些 |
[11:26] | Simple? As in Estenelope? | 简单 同时约两个女人那种简单 |
[11:31] | Hello. Who’s that? | 哇 这美人是谁 |
[11:34] | Dad, for God’s sake, | 爸爸 我的天啊 |
[11:37] | isn’t there enough on your plate as it is? | 你的约会还不够多么 |
[11:39] | What can I tell you? Daddy’s got a big appetite. | 怎么说呢 老爸就是胃口大 |
[11:47] | Dear God, what do we do now? | 天啊 我们现在怎么办 |
[11:50] | Oh, I don’t know. I guess we could have him neutered. | 我也不知道 我想我们可以阉了他 |
[11:54] | Well, I suppose we could try to get to Penelope through her foundation. | 我想我们可以通过Penelope的基金会接近她 |
[11:58] | I already tried that, and there’s a six-month waiting list just to see her. | 我已经试过了 光是见她一面就要等半年 |
[12:02] | Lord, Dad left his phone. | 老爸把电话落下了 |
[12:03] | Maybe I’d better run and tell him it’s Penelope. | 我应该追上去告诉他Penelope来电话了 |
[12:07] | You know, I’ll never catch him. | 我是追不上他的 是吧 |
[12:10] | No, he’s long gone and would probably want you to take a message. | 追不上的 他已经走远了 他希望你能捎个口信 |
[12:16] | Hello. | 你好 |
[12:18] | No, this is his son, Frasier. | 不是 我是他儿子 Frasier |
[12:21] | Penelope Janvier? Oh, well, how nice to speak with you. | Penelope Janvier 能和你讲话真是太荣幸了 |
[12:25] | A cocktail party? | 鸡尾酒派对 |
[12:27] | Tomorrow night. He’ll be there. | 明天晚上 好的他会去的 |
[12:30] | In fact, I’ll make sure of that. I’ll be driving him myself. | 放宽心 我会亲自开车送他 |
[12:34] | You see, my brother, Niles, and I will be with him all day. | 但是 我弟弟Niles和我全天都会和他在一起 |
[12:38] | It’s our once-a-year family day, | 明天是我们一年一度的家庭聚会日 |
[12:41] | and we do just about everything together. | 这一天就要一直待在一起 |
[12:45] | What’s that? Are you sure? Really? | 你说什么 你确定 真的么 |
[12:48] | Well, then, yes, we’d love to come. | 好吧 我们很愿意参加 |
[12:58] | My, Penelope certainly has good taste. | 天啊 Penelope的品位一定非凡 |
[13:01] | Well, of course. She likes Dad, doesn’t she? | 当然 她懂得欣赏老爸这样的人 |
[13:03] | Oh, can it. | 拉倒吧 |
[13:04] | I’m still mad at you guys for inviting yourselves. | 你们不请自来让我很不高兴 |
[13:07] | Now, remember, be careful what you say in front of Penelope. | 记住 在Penelope面前讲话要谨慎一点 |
[13:10] | I got a delicate balancing act going on here, so don’t mess it up. | 我要在两个女人之间找平衡 不要把事情搞砸了 |
[13:14] | Don’t mess what up? | 不要把什么搞砸了 |
[13:15] | Oh, hi. Well, your lovely living room. | 额 那个 你的漂亮的客厅 |
[13:18] | My boys really like to rough house. | 我孩子们总是把房子弄乱 |
[13:24] | All right, Penelope, these are my sons, Niles and Frasier. | 好了 Penelope 这是我的儿子们 Niles和Frasier |
[13:27] | Hello. We spoke on the phone. It’s such a pleasure to meet you. | 你好 我们电话里讲过话 能见到你真是荣幸 |
[13:30] | – Thank you. – Dad speaks about you all the time. | – 谢谢 – 爸爸总是提起你 |
[13:32] | Yes. | 是的 |
[13:34] | Oh, that’s just my alarm to remind me to take my pills. | 哦 这是我吃药的闹铃 |
[13:39] | Let’s get you a glass of water. | 我来给你倒杯水 |
[13:40] | No, no, that’s all right. I’d rather do it in private. Thank you. | 不用 不用的 我自己来就行 谢谢 |
[13:43] | Yeah, he has trouble swallowing. | 是的 他吞咽东西有困难 |
[13:47] | – A small epiglottis. – Yeah. | – 有点会厌症 – 对对 |
[13:49] | Epiglottis. I haven’t heard that word since biology class in high school. | 会厌症 我只在高中的生物课上听过这个词 |
[13:53] | – Oh, yes. High school. – Yeah. | – 哦 是啊 高中 – 是啊 |
[13:56] | – It’s a pity about our old high school. – Oh, William. | – 我们高中真是太不幸了 – 哦 William |
[14:00] | Niles, Frasier, I’d like you to meet my son, William. | Niles Frasier 这是我的儿子William |
[14:04] | – Hello. – Nice to meet you. | – 你好 – 见到你们很高兴 |
[14:06] | These are Marty’s boys. | 他们是Marty的儿子 |
[14:08] | Oh. | 哦 |
[14:09] | Hi. | 嗨 |
[14:12] | Did I just hear Dr. Corman ask you for $50,000 | 我刚刚听见Corman医生向你要了5万刀 |
[14:15] | for a new CAT scan machine at the hospital? | 他要用这钱给医院买一台CAT扫描仪 |
[14:17] | It is a worthy cause. | 这理由很正当啊 |
[14:18] | Yes, mother, they all are, | 母亲 他们的理由都很正当 |
[14:20] | but it’s inappropriate to hit you up for money at a party. | 但是在宴会上向你要钱是不对的 |
[14:22] | No. | 不对的 |
[14:23] | Teddy was your father’s closest friend. | Teddy是你爸爸最亲密的朋友 |
[14:26] | Bourbon was my father’s closest friend. | 波旁威士忌才是爸爸最好的朋友 |
[14:28] | I showed Ted out. | 我把Ted赶出去了 |
[14:30] | William, he delivered you. | William 他接生的你啊 |
[14:33] | – Excuse me, I have to go get him. – Yes, all right. | – 不好意思 我要去追上他 – 没关系的 |
[14:37] | People look at my mother, all they see is dollar signs. | 人们看到我妈妈 想的都是钱 |
[14:39] | – It makes me sick. – Yeah. | – 这让我很恶心 – 对对 |
[14:41] | What are you guys doing here? | 你们来这里是要干什么 |
[14:42] | Us? Oh, well, actually, your mother invited us. | 我们 是你母亲邀请我们来的 |
[14:45] | – She did. – Uh-oh. | – 是她邀请的 – 啊 |
[14:47] | Mother’s been cornered by Father Patterson. | 妈妈被Patterson神父堵到墙角了 |
[14:49] | Or should I say Father Sponge. | 应该叫他骗钱神父 |
[14:54] | Oh, my goodness. | 我的天啊 |
[14:56] | It’s gonna be hard pressing our case to Penelope with him around. | 有他在 我们没办法要到钱 |
[14:59] | Don’t worry, Niles. We’ll get a chance. We’ve got all night. | 甭担心 Niles 我们有机会的 我们有整个晚上 |
[15:01] | Don’t get too comfortable. We’ve gotta leave. | 收拾东西 我们要走了 |
[15:03] | – What? – Turns out I had a date with Estelle tonight, | – 什么 – 好像今晚和Estelle有约会 |
[15:06] | and she’s been waiting a half an hour. | 她已经等了半个小时了 |
[15:07] | It’s not like me to screw up like this. | 我从来没像这样搞砸过的 |
[15:10] | What about Penelope, Dad? You cannot just walk out on her party. | Penelope怎么办 你不能就这样离开她的派对 |
[15:13] | Hey, Estelle took the evening off special just to be with me, you know? | Estelle为了我专门请了假的 你们知道么 |
[15:16] | And she’s pretty steamed. | 她现在怒气冲天 |
[15:18] | Rules of the game, angriest woman wins. | 规则就是 生气的女人优先 |
[15:22] | – Oh, good Lord. – Jeez. Grab your coats. | – 哦 天啊 – 快去拿你们的外套 |
[15:26] | – Frasier? – Yes. | – Frasier – 怎么了 |
[15:27] | – Where’s your father off to? – He had to take more pills. | – 你爸爸干什么去了 – 他必须要吃点药 |
[15:31] | My goodness, I had no idea he was on so much medication. | 天啊 我没有想到他要吃这么多药 |
[15:34] | – Are you concerned? – Well, not really. No, he’ll be fine. | – 你不担心么 – 并不担心 他没什么大毛病 |
[15:38] | I just wish I could say the same for our old high school. | 真希望我们高中也没有这么多问题 |
[15:41] | – What are you three talking about? – Um… | – 你们三个在谈什么 – 这个 |
[15:44] | William, there you are. | William 你在这啊 |
[15:45] | Excuse us. I just wanted to alert you to a possible situation. | 我想给你提个醒 |
[15:48] | I overheard one of the servers discussing a one-act play | 我无意中听到某服务员在讨论一场独幕剧 |
[15:51] | he wants your mother to produce. | 他想让你的母亲出钱 |
[15:53] | – Okay, which one? – I think it was something by Chekhov. | – 哪一个 – 好像是一个叫契诃夫的写的 |
[15:57] | The long and the short of it is, Miss. Janvier, | 简单的来说 Janvier女士 |
[15:59] | is that my alma mater, Bryce Academy, is in dire straits. | 我的母校布莱斯学院遇到困难了 |
[16:05] | The coffers are bare, and our only hope is to find a saviour. | 学校没钱了 我们希望可以找到一位救星 |
[16:10] | Forgive me for being presumptuous, but I was hoping it might be you. | 请原谅我的冒失 我希望您能给予帮助 |
[16:13] | Actually, I’m familiar with Bryce. | 其实 我对布莱斯学院是很了解的 |
[16:16] | Well, then you must also be familiar with their excellent standards. | 那您一定对他们的高标准有所了解 |
[16:19] | Yes, I am. They wouldn’t let in William. | 是的 我知道 他们不肯收William |
[16:23] | Well, with your endowment, I’m sure he’d be a shoo-in. | 这个 有了您的资助 我相信他们会接收他的 |
[16:29] | No, I’m sorry, Miss Janvier. Please, we are desperate. | 对不起 Janvier女士 我们走投无路了 |
[16:36] | Ordinarily, I wouldn’t even consider this, | 通常我肯定是拒绝的 |
[16:38] | but I’m very fond of your father. | 不过我很喜欢你父亲 |
[16:42] | Call the foundation tomorrow with the details, | 明天给基金会打电话说明详情 |
[16:45] | and we’ll issue you a cheque. | 我们会给你开支票 |
[16:46] | Thank you, thank you. That’s very kind of you. | 谢谢 谢谢 您真是太好了 |
[16:48] | – Thank you so much. – It’s my pleasure. | – 太感谢您了 – 我的荣幸 |
[16:50] | I’d do anything for your father. He’s a rarity. | 我愿意为你父亲做任何事 他是少有的好男人 |
[16:53] | – Mm-hm. – He’s an old-fashioned gentleman. | – 呵呵 – 他是一位观念传统的绅士 |
[16:55] | Well, I gotta go. | 我得走了 |
[16:59] | – Marty, what’s wrong? – Feeling a little under the weather. | – Marty 怎么了 – 有点不太舒服 |
[17:02] | Well, then maybe you ought to see my doctor. | 你应该看看我的医生 |
[17:04] | – He’s here at the party. – No, I don’t need a doctor. | – 他就在宴会上 – 不 我不需要医生 |
[17:07] | Those were my husband’s last words. | 我丈夫生病去世前也是这么说的 |
[17:10] | – Don’t leave. – All right, if you insist. | – 不要走开 – 好吧 既然你这么坚持 |
[17:12] | – Pull the car around. I’m going out through the kitchen. – Dad, dad, dad. | – 把车开到后面去 我从厨房走 – 老爸 老爸 |
[17:14] | We can’t leave right now. Penelope will get suspicious. | 我们不能现在走 Penelope会起疑心的 |
[17:17] | Estelle’s already suspicious. | Estelle已经起疑心了 |
[17:18] | Besides, I’ve decided to break it off with Penelope. | 而且我决定和Penelope分手 |
[17:20] | – What? – Well, hearing Estelle just now, | – 什么 – 刚刚接了Estelle的电话 |
[17:23] | how upset she was on the phone, | 她在电话里很生气 |
[17:24] | it made me realise how much I cared about her. | 这让我意识到我很在乎她 |
[17:26] | All right, listen, Dad, Bryce Academy is going bankrupt. | 好吧 听好了 老爸 布莱斯学院要破产了 |
[17:30] | Penelope is going to write a cheque tomorrow to save it. | Penelope明天会开一张支票拯救学校 |
[17:33] | So until then, I need you to pretend that you’re still interested in her. | 所以在那之前 我需要你装作喜欢她 |
[17:36] | I can’t believe this. | 真是难以令人相信 |
[17:38] | You and your brother have been using me. | 你和你弟弟利用我 |
[17:40] | Martin, this is Dr. Corman. | Martin 这是Corman医生 |
[17:43] | Well, it’s nice to meet you, but I’m feeling a lot better now. Thanks. | 见到你很高兴 不过我现在感觉好多了 谢谢 |
[17:46] | If I let you leave without knowing if you’re sick, I’ll worry all night. | 如果你走之前不检查一下 我整晚都会很担心的 |
[17:52] | And you wouldn’t want that, now, would you, Dad? | 你不会希望她担心的 是吧老爸 |
[17:54] | – Here we are. – Oh, all right. All right. | – 给我吧 – 哦 好吧 好吧 |
[17:57] | Doctor, be thorough. | 医生 检查全面一些 |
[17:59] | But the pants stay on. | 但是不脱裤子 |
[18:03] | Miss. Janvier, I realise that I’ve been a little pushy. | Janvier女士 我知道我有点咄咄逼人 |
[18:06] | Oh, not pushy. Just assertive. I like that. | 哦 并没有 只是很坚定 我喜欢这样的人 |
[18:09] | Oh, well, then be prepared to love me because I need that cheque right now. | 哦 那你会爱上我的 因为我现在就要那张支票 |
[18:14] | Was it this one? Devilled-egg guy? | 是他么 恶魔鸡蛋男 |
[18:16] | Uh… | 这个 |
[18:18] | You know, I’m not sure. | 我也不太确定 |
[18:19] | He and chicken-satay guy look so much alike. | 他和沙嗲鸡肉男长得太像了 |
[18:23] | All right, listen up. | 好吧 听好了 |
[18:24] | Which one of you snack jockeys is trying to get a play produced? | 你们这些端小吃的哪个想要演话剧 |
[18:33] | Miss Janvier, thank you again so much. | Janvier女士 再次向您表示感谢 |
[18:35] | Just… just make it out to Bryce Academy. | 接收方写布莱斯学院吧 |
[18:37] | – Do you have a pen? – Oh, yes, of course. | – 你有笔么 – 当然 |
[18:39] | You know, when you sign as many autographs as I do, | 你知道的 像我每天都要给人签名的人 |
[18:41] | you always have to have your… | 每天都要带着 |
[18:43] | – Oh, good Lord. – Never mind. William, I need a pen. | – 哦 天啊 – 没关系 William 我需要一支笔 |
[18:47] | – What for? – I’m writing a cheque. | – 要笔干嘛 – 我要写一张支票 |
[18:49] | Oh, that’s it. | 哦 真是够了 |
[18:50] | Look, we’re going down to the special room, | 我们去专房里 |
[18:51] | and we’re gonna talk about this. | 谈谈这件事情 |
[18:59] | Mother, I… | 母亲 我认为 |
[19:01] | Mother, I forbid you to write another cheque. | 母亲 我不许你再写支票了 |
[19:04] | Oh, just give me a pen. | 好了 快给我一支笔 |
[19:05] | I don’t have one. | 我没有 |
[19:10] | Mother. | 母亲 |
[19:12] | This could be an elaborate scheme to bilk us. | 这有可能是一场精心策划的骗局 |
[19:15] | You don’t know who these guys are. | 你不了解这些人 |
[19:16] | – We’re Marty’s boys. – And I trust Martin. | – 我们是Marty的儿子 – 我相信Martin |
[19:20] | – Oh, that’s Martin’s alarm. – Just ignore that. | – 哦 是Martin设的闹钟 – 不要理它就是了 |
[19:24] | – This is a phone. – Well, here, I’ll take it. | – 这是一个电话 – 我来接它 |
[19:30] | Hello? Well, this is Penelope. Who’s this? | 你好 我是Penelope 你是谁 |
[19:35] | Estelle, Martin’s girlfriend? | 你是Estelle Martin的女朋友 |
[19:40] | May I take a message? | 我能替你传达口信么 |
[19:42] | Pill time! Time for more pills. | 吃药时间 该吃药了 |
[19:45] | I’ll tell him. | 我会告诉他的 |
[19:47] | Estelle says don’t bother coming over tonight. | Estelle说今晚你不用去了 |
[19:51] | Oh, Marty, how could you? | Marty 你怎么能这样 |
[19:53] | I’m sorry. I was gonna tell you but… | 对不起 我本来想告诉你的 |
[19:56] | I guess this means breakfast Tuesday is off. | 我想我们星期二的早餐可以取消了 |
[19:59] | That’s right. And it was Thursday. | 没错 而且我们约的是星期四 |
[20:04] | – I don’t need this pen anymore. – Miss Janvier, please. | – 我不需要这支笔了 – Janvier女士 求求你了 |
[20:07] | I-I don’t blame you for being angry, | 我不怪你因此生气 |
[20:08] | but if you believe in the hope of tomorrow | 但是如果您对以后抱有希望 |
[20:10] | and a brighter future, | 相信一个更美好的未来 |
[20:11] | then please, please don’t punish the children | 请不要因为我们的过错 |
[20:14] | of Bryce Academy for our misdeeds. | 惩罚布莱斯学院的孩子们 |
[20:17] | Oh, boo-hoo. | 老子快哭了 |
[20:20] | – Mother. – That’s enough, William. | – 母亲 – 够了 William |
[20:22] | I made a promise to these men, | 我向这两位男士做出了保证 |
[20:24] | and I’m a woman of my word. | 我是一个信守承诺的女人 |
[20:26] | Oh, thank you. Thank you so much. | 哦 感谢您 太感谢了 |
[20:28] | You are more gracious than we deserve. | 您太高尚了 |
[20:29] | Yes, thank you. | 好 谢谢 |
[20:34] | Well done, Frasier. | 做得好 Frasier |
[20:35] | Oh, Niles, I can’t wait to see the expression on the headmaster’s face | 哦 Niles 我等不及要去看校长的表情了 |
[20:38] | when he sees this cheque for $50. | 当他看到这张50美元的支票 |
[20:42] | What? | 什么 |
[20:45] | Well, I… | 那个 |
[20:47] | I guess it’s $50 more than we had before. | 我想我们又多了50美元 |
[20:51] | Well, let’s go, fellas. Grab my coat, will you? | 走吧 孩子们 去拿一下我的外套好么 |
[20:54] | Right, Dad. | 好的 爸爸 |