时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:09] | Hello, Roz. | Roz 好啊 |
[00:11] | I say, hello, Roz. | 我说 好啊 Roz |
[00:13] | Oh, I’m sorry. | 抱歉 |
[00:14] | Oh, don’t be. I didn’t mean to disturb your reading. | 没事 没想打扰你看东西来着 |
[00:17] | Actually, I’m doing a little research. | 实际上我在弄一个调查 |
[00:19] | Um, I have a meeting with a publisher tomorrow. | 我明天和出版商会面 |
[00:21] | I’m thinking of writing my own children’s book. | 我想写本儿童读物 |
[00:23] | – Really? – Yeah. | – 真的 – 嗯 |
[00:24] | It’s a story my mom made up for me when I was a little kid. | 是我小时候我妈编的一个故事 |
[00:26] | I tell it to Alice all the time now. | 我现在老给Alice讲 |
[00:28] | I thought it’d be such a kick if I could get it published. | 我想要是能出版的话一定很棒 |
[00:30] | Good for you, Roz. | 挺好的啊 Roz |
[00:32] | You know, I’ve dabbled in juvenile fiction myself. | 你知道的 我自己也涉猎青少年小说的 |
[00:34] | Yes, Niles and I, when we were boys, | 嗯 在我和Niles还小的时候 |
[00:36] | wrote a series of stories together in which we were the heroes. | 一起写了一本以我们为英雄主角的书 |
[00:39] | Along the lines of The Hardy Boys/a Nancy Drew. | 是<哈迪男孩><少女妙探>的延续 |
[00:42] | The Nancy Boys? | 叫<少男妙探> |
[00:48] | No. | 不是 |
[00:50] | Called The Crane Boys Mysteries. | 叫 |
[00:52] | They were two plucky lads | 两个勇敢的小伙子 |
[00:55] | who used their keen psychological insight | 有着敏锐的心理洞察力 |
[00:57] | to solve crimes brought home by their detective father. | 解决着由警探老爸带回家的犯罪问题 |
[01:00] | – How many of these did you write? – Thirty-four. | – 写了多少个故事 – 34个 |
[01:03] | Yes, there was “The Mystery of the One-Eared Monkey,” | 有”独耳猴谜团” |
[01:07] | “On Your Mark, Get Set, Die,” | “各就各位 预备 死亡” |
[01:10] | and there was one where our father was kidnapped | 还有个故事是我们父亲遭到绑架 |
[01:13] | and the only clue was a dented Ballantine can. | 唯一的线索是一个凹陷的百龄坛威士忌饮料罐 |
[01:16] | – “The Suspicious Six-Pack.” – Excellent. | – “六罐装疑云” – 漂亮 |
[01:19] | – Please, Niles, pull up a chair. – All right, I will. | – 来 Niles 拉椅子坐下 – 好吧 |
[01:22] | I can’t stay long though. Uh, latte to go, please. | 不过我不能多呆 外带拿铁 谢谢 |
[01:24] | I’m on my way to the spa to pick up Daphne. | 我要去矿泉疗养地把Daphne接回来 |
[01:26] | Oh, that reminds me, | 话说 |
[01:27] | what time should I be at the apartment tonight? | 我今晚应该几点去公寓 |
[01:29] | Oh, well, let’s see. It’s an hour’s trip to the spa | 我看看 过去要一个小时 |
[01:32] | and there’s a two-hour graduation ceremony, | 两小时的毕业典礼 |
[01:34] | at the end of which they all throw their fat pants into the air. | 最后把自己肥胖时期的裤子扔上天 |
[01:38] | – I’d say 7 o’clock. – Okay, great. I’ll see you there. | – 7点吧 – 好的 没问题 到时见 |
[01:41] | – Yes. – Bye, Roz. | – 好的 – Roz再见了 |
[01:42] | Now, speaking of Daphne, | 说到Daphne |
[01:44] | I was hoping you could spare her this Friday. | 这周五能给她放个假吗 |
[01:45] | I’m planning to take her on a little getaway weekend, | 我想带她来个短途旅行 |
[01:48] | where I think we may be taking our relationship to the next level. | 我想能把我们的关系推到新的阶段 |
[01:53] | Oh, my God, Niles, you’re going to propose? | 老天 Niles 你是要求婚了吗 |
[01:55] | No, not that level. The level before that. | 没到那个阶段 往前一个 |
[01:58] | You’re gonna ask her to move in with you? | 让她搬到你家去 |
[02:00] | One more level before that. | 再往前一个 |
[02:03] | – Well, you’re already dating. – No, that’s two levels. | – 可你们已经约会了啊 – 你往前两个阶段了 |
[02:08] | Oh, for heaven’s sake, just tell me. | 我的老天爷啊 你就直说吧 |
[02:10] | Well, you know, we’re going to consummate our relationship. | 这个吧 就是 我俩要圆房了 |
[02:17] | What? | 啥 |
[02:20] | Well, uh… Gosh, I… It’s none of my business. | 天 我 这其实不关我的事 |
[02:24] | I just thought you’d already reached that level. | 不过我以为你们早就到那个阶段了 |
[02:27] | What made you think that? | 为什么这么想 |
[02:28] | Ooh, I don’t know. I guess everybody just assumed. | 呃 不知道 大家都这么觉得的 |
[02:31] | – Who’s everybody? – Nobody. | – 大家是谁 – 没谁 |
[02:34] | But, Niles, you have been on overnight trips together, haven’t you? | 但是Niles 你们一起出去过过夜 对吧 |
[02:39] | Well, yes, but they were all perfectly chaste. | 是 但就是纯洁地过个夜 |
[02:40] | Oh. | 哦 |
[02:41] | Daphne wanted to wait until the time was right. | Daphne想等到时机成熟 |
[02:44] | And, well, we’ve just both been | 现在吧 我们是 |
[02:46] | missing each other so much these last few weeks, | 小别胜新婚 |
[02:48] | I think the time is upon us. | 时机正好 |
[02:50] | – Oh, I’m happy for you, Niles. – Thank you. | – 我为你高兴 Niles – 谢谢 |
[02:53] | Gosh, nobody’s gonna believe you two haven’t slept together. | 天 没人会相信你们没睡过的 |
[02:58] | – Who’s nobody? – Nobody. | – 没人指谁 – 没谁 |
[03:10] | – I love you, Niles. – I love you too. | – 我爱你 Niles – 我也爱你 |
[03:12] | Oh, hey, I got you something. | 嘿 我给你带了点东西 |
[03:15] | Here. | 给 |
[03:18] | Oh, Niles, it’s lovely. | Niles 你真贴心 |
[03:22] | But I already have a dress like this. | 不过我有件类似的了 |
[03:24] | I know. That’s it. | 我知道 就是这件 |
[03:25] | That’s the dress you wore five years ago when we danced the tango. | 五年前我们一起跳探戈时你穿的就是这件 |
[03:29] | – I don’t understand. – It’s for this weekend. | – 我不太懂你的意思 – 为了周末准备的 |
[03:33] | Only this time, instead of ending in heartache, | 不过这次 不会再心碎 |
[03:37] | the evening can end in triumph. | 此夜将以胜利告终 |
[03:41] | That’s very romantic, but I’m not sure I can fit into it. | 真浪漫 但我不确定我能穿上这衣服 |
[03:45] | Not yet anyway. | 现在肯定不行 |
[03:46] | Oh, nonsense. You’re as svelte as you ever were. | 瞎说 你和之前一样苗条 |
[03:49] | You’re sweet. | 嘴真甜 |
[03:51] | And it was cute when I came out of the spa | 当我走出疗养地时 |
[03:52] | and you pretended you couldn’t see me. | 你假装没看到我还挺幽默的 |
[03:54] | Who said that? Who’s in my car? | 谁说话呢 谁在我车里 |
[03:58] | Well, you’ve worked so hard and you stuck with it. | 你这么努力 这么坚持 |
[04:01] | I want you to know how proud I am. | 我希望你知道我多为你骄傲 |
[04:03] | Actually, I’m proud of myself. | 说实话 我也挺为自己骄傲的 |
[04:05] | The staff therapist even complimented me on my willpower. | 那里的心理医生都夸我意志力强 |
[04:08] | Oh, so you did see a therapist? | 所以你还是看了心理医生 |
[04:10] | Yeah, it’s all part of the programme | 嗯 治疗的一部分 |
[04:12] | to help you figure out the cause of your overeating. | 帮助自己认清暴饮暴食的原因 |
[04:15] | Well, if you ask me, it’s a classic case of sublimation, | 嗯 要我说这就是升华的典型案例 |
[04:18] | using food as a substitute for sex. | 用食欲来代偿性欲 |
[04:21] | I recommend you see a certain doctor | 我建议你看一位医生 |
[04:23] | I know very well, he can help you. | 我了解他 肯定能帮你 |
[04:25] | Yeah. That’s not what Gloria thinks. | 好吧 但Gloria不是这么认为的 |
[04:28] | – Heh. Gloria? – The therapist. | – Gloria – 就是心理医生 |
[04:31] | Oh. | 哦 |
[04:32] | My patients call me Dr. Crane, but, uh, whatever. | 我的病人都叫我Crane医生 但是随意吧 |
[04:36] | So, uh, what does Gloria think? | 所以 Gloria怎么认为的 |
[04:39] | She thinks I may have gained the weight as a way | 她觉得我是为了增加 |
[04:41] | to create distance between us. | 我们之间的距离才长胖的 |
[04:43] | Oh. Hmm… | 哦 |
[04:45] | And, uh, why would you wanna do that? | 呃 你为什么想这样呢 |
[04:48] | Well, when you and I first came together, | 我们刚在一起的时候 |
[04:51] | we decided to wait and get to know each other | 说好要相互了解 |
[04:53] | before bringing the relationship into the bedroom. | 再谈床说爱 |
[04:56] | Then as time went on, you told me all these stories | 慢慢地 你告诉我 |
[04:59] | about how you’d pined for me for seven years, | 七年来一直渴望得到我 |
[05:01] | how I’d been your unobtainable dream. | 我是你可望不可得的梦 |
[05:04] | How could anybody live up to that? | 有谁能达到这种标准呢 |
[05:07] | See, Gloria thinks I was terrified of letting you down, | Gloria觉得我是害怕让你失望 |
[05:10] | of not being perfect, so I ate. | 害怕自己不完美 所以我就吃 |
[05:13] | And I ate. And apparently ate. | 然后吃 一直吃 |
[05:18] | Daphne, you couldn’t possibly let me down. | Daphne 你怎么会让我失望呢 |
[05:22] | And as for the weight, it didn’t matter. | 至于体重 根本不重要 |
[05:24] | I never noticed. | 我都没注意到 |
[05:26] | That’s another thing. I gained 60 pounds. | 这就是另一件事了 我重了55斤 |
[05:29] | Don’t you think it’s strange you couldn’t see it? | 你连这都看不出来不觉得奇怪吗 |
[05:32] | No, it’s not strange. I love you. | 一点都不奇怪 我爱你 |
[05:35] | And I love you too. | 我也爱你 |
[05:39] | You know what Gloria says? | 你知道Gloria怎么说吗 |
[05:43] | No. | 不知道 |
[05:44] | She says you couldn’t see the extra weight | 她说你看不到那些多出来的肉 |
[05:46] | because you’re only seeing the perfect me | 因为你只看得到 |
[05:48] | you’ve carried around in your head for seven years. | 七年来在你脑海中完美的我 |
[05:50] | She calls it “looking through love goggles.” | 她管这个叫”爱的滤镜” |
[05:54] | Alrighty, let’s get her on the phone, shall we? | 好吧 我们是不是应该给她打个电话 |
[05:57] | Niles, don’t. I’m not trying to upset you. | Niles 别这样 我不是想让你沮丧的 |
[05:59] | I’m just telling you what we discussed in therapy. | 我只是跟你说我们治疗的内容 |
[06:02] | I understand, I understand. | 我懂 我懂 |
[06:04] | And I know how much you’ve looked forward to this weekend, | 我知道你很期待这周末 |
[06:08] | but until I sort this out, I may need a little more time before I’m… | 可我觉得我需要点时间来理清这些 |
[06:12] | Absolutely. Say no more. | 明白 不用多说了 |
[06:13] | We can easily postpone the weekend. | 轻轻松松推迟周末就是了 |
[06:17] | Of course, if my theory is correct | 话说回来 要是我的理论正确 |
[06:19] | and you are eating as a substitute for sex, | 而你确实将性欲转为食欲 |
[06:21] | then you’re taking a terrible risk. | 那你可就危险了 |
[06:24] | I know, huh? | 我知道了 |
[06:29] | I love you, Niles. | 我爱你 Niles |
[06:32] | I love you too. | 我也爱你 |
[06:39] | Roz, you know, if you really wanna do a kid’s book, | Roz 我觉得吧 如果你想写儿童书 |
[06:42] | you ought to write one about Eddie. | 你应该写写Eddie |
[06:43] | I’d buy one about Eddie. | 我会买关于Eddie的书的 |
[06:44] | Thanks, but I already have an idea. | 谢谢 不过我已经有想法了 |
[06:46] | Besides, if I was gonna use a dog, I’d probably use my own. | 再说 如果我写狗的话 应该也会用自己家的 |
[06:49] | Well, you wanna make your dog happy or you wanna sell books? | 那你是想哄狗开心啊还是想要畅销书呢 |
[06:52] | Now, I was thinking, Eddie joins the circus. | 我想 Eddie加入马戏团 |
[06:55] | And he has all this clown makeup on and everything, you know. | 画着小丑的妆和其他乱七八糟的 |
[06:58] | And he juggles and stuff. | 变戏法之类的 |
[06:59] | And then you could do one where he invents this flying machine | 然后你可以让它发明个飞行器 |
[07:02] | and has all these wacky adventures. | 还有那些稀奇古怪的冒险 |
[07:05] | That’s kind of cute. | 这还真挺萌的 |
[07:06] | He could join a flock of geese | 可以和鹅一起飞舞 |
[07:08] | or he could become the world’s first dog traffic reporter. | 可以成为世界上第一只交通报道狗 |
[07:13] | Eddie would never do that. | Eddie不会做那种事的 |
[07:15] | You really don’t get Eddie, do you? | 你一点都不了解它 是不是 |
[07:20] | – Hey, look who’s home. – Hey. | – 嘿 看看谁回家了 – 嘿 |
[07:23] | – Is this all for me? – Oh, Daphne. God, we missed you. | – 都是为我准备的吗 – Daphne 我们好想你 |
[07:26] | – You look great, Daphne. – Thank you, Roz. | – 你看起来很好 Daphne – 谢谢你 Roz |
[07:28] | Great? You look fantastic. | 好 简直不能更棒 |
[07:30] | I don’t know what they did to you there, but what a difference. | 不知道他们对你做了什么 简直天差地别 |
[07:33] | Yes, I was getting pretty big, wasn’t I? | 是 我那时候挺大只的 是吧 |
[07:35] | Big? You were ginormous. | 大 你简直就是个巨人 |
[07:38] | Dad. | 老爸 |
[07:39] | – I’m just telling her how good she looks. – Yes, yes. | – 我在说她看起来很好 – 知道 知道 |
[07:41] | – Come here, old man. – You really do look lovely, Daphne. | – 抱一个 老伙计 – 你看起来真不错 Daphne |
[07:44] | Oh, thank you, Dr. Crane. | 谢谢你 Crane医生 |
[07:46] | But I still have to be careful what I eat. | 不过我还是得注意自己的饮食 |
[07:48] | Oh yes, yes, of course. | 当然 |
[07:48] | And to that end, actually, I have a little surprise for you in the refrigerator. | 说到这 我在冰箱里为你准备了点小惊喜 |
[07:52] | You didn’t have to do that. | 不用这么客气吧 |
[07:54] | It’s not some of those low-cal dinners, is it? | 不是什么低卡晚餐吧 |
[07:56] | Just go look. | 看看就知道了 |
[08:03] | That’s hysterical. | 太魔性了 |
[08:05] | It’s called the Refrigerator Pig. It’s a little plastic pig. | 这叫冰箱猪 一个塑料小猪 |
[08:08] | He’s got a recording in his belly. | 肚子上有个录音机 |
[08:09] | Every time you open the refrigerator door, | 每回开冰箱门的时候 |
[08:10] | you’ll hear his scolding squeal. | 都会听见它的责骂声 |
[08:13] | So, Daphne, tell us about the spa. | Daphne 跟我们说说疗养院吧 |
[08:16] | Well, it was lots of hard work. | 嗯 受了很多累 |
[08:17] | We had hikes every morning and sessions with a personal trainer. | 每天早上都要爬山 和私教上课 |
[08:21] | And a wonderful therapist. You are gonna love this. | 还有个超赞的心理医生 你们会喜欢这个的 |
[08:27] | Yes, there was a professional therapist on staff. | 是 确实团队里有个职业心理医生 |
[08:29] | Named “Gloria.” | 名叫”Gloria” |
[08:32] | Who helped me dig down to the root of my problems. | 帮我挖掘问题的根在哪里 |
[08:34] | Gloria’s very handy with a shovel. | Gloria用铲子可利落了呢 |
[08:38] | Well, she must have been very good. I mean, obviously, look at you. | 那她一定很厉害 看你现在 |
[08:41] | Yes. Gloria’s very empathetic, | 嗯 Gloria也感同身受 |
[08:43] | because she had a similar weight problem. | 因为她有过同样的体重问题 |
[08:44] | Only she didn’t have anyone to help her deal with it. | 但没人可以帮她 |
[08:46] | She had to battle it alone for years. | 多年来必须独自与之抗衡 |
[08:48] | She didn’t have a boyfriend she could blame? | 没个男朋友可以怪罪一下吗 |
[08:52] | Is there something you want to say to me? | 你想说什么 |
[08:54] | No. | 没什么 |
[08:56] | Well, I’ve got something to say. I would like to propose a toast. | 我可有的说 我想请大家举杯 |
[09:00] | I was very lucky to have someone like Gloria at the spa. | 我很幸运在疗养院有Gloria帮助我 |
[09:03] | Yes. You usually have to go all the way to a hair salon | 是啊 每次都得去美发店 |
[09:04] | for that kind of insight. | 才能听到那种见解 |
[09:08] | – Here, I’ll take that. – Yes, uh… | – 来 给我 – 嗯 |
[09:10] | Well, uh, Daphne, the important thing is that… | Daphne 重要的是 |
[09:13] | is that you’re…you’re feeling better | 你已经好多了 |
[09:14] | and that you’re back home where you belong. | 而且回到了你归属的家 |
[09:17] | – Right. – I better make mine water. | – 是的 – 我还是喝杯水吧 |
[09:18] | Champagne is pure sugar, you know. | 香槟都是糖啊 |
[09:23] | Niles, what the hell is wrong with you? | Niles 你抽什么疯呢 |
[09:25] | Oh, Frasier, you would not believe the hack psychobabble | Frasier 你不知道那女人 |
[09:28] | this woman has filled Daphne’s head with. | 都给Daphne灌输了什么蹩脚的心灵鸡汤 |
[09:30] | Well, even if that’s true, that’s no reason to act like an ass. | 就算是那样 你也没必要表现得像个混蛋吧 |
[09:33] | Now, you just shape up and treat Daphne with respect. | 现在你好好表现 对Daphne礼貌点 |
[09:44] | Apparently that pig of yours can dish it out, but he can’t take it. | 你那个猪挺会骂人 可惜不经打啊 |
[09:50] | – So how about that toast? – Oh, good idea. | – 来一起喝一杯吧 – 好主意 |
[09:52] | Right, uh…To Daphne. | 嗯 敬Daphne |
[09:56] | Your warmth and spirit have helped make this place a home. | 你的温暖和品格让这里成为一个家 |
[10:01] | Your influence can be seen in a thousand different ways. | 能看到你的影响有千丝万缕 |
[10:05] | Unless, of course, one’s wearing his love goggles. | 当然 除非是戴着爱的滤镜看的 |
[10:07] | That’s it. Niles, I think you should go. | 够了 Niles 我觉得你该走了 |
[10:11] | – What? – I want you to leave right now. | – 什么 – 我想让你现在就离开 |
[10:37] | Nice call on the Refrigerator Pig. | 冰箱猪真是个好主意 |
[10:48] | So you don’t think I have a germ phobia? | 所以你觉得我没有细菌恐惧症 |
[10:50] | Not at all. Just a healthy sense of personal hygiene. | 一点没有 只不过是正常的个人卫生习惯 |
[10:53] | Here is the number of the man who cleans my telephones. | 这个号码的主人是给我清理电话的 |
[10:57] | There you go. The best in Seattle. Now, you take care. | 给 西雅图最好的伙计了 保重 |
[11:00] | No, don’t touch, don’t touch. There you go. | 别碰 别碰 好了 |
[11:04] | Frasier. Uh, what are you doing here? | Frasier 你做什么来了 |
[11:07] | Oh, I just wanted to see how you were doing after last night. | 我来看看你昨晚之后怎么样 |
[11:12] | Daphne caught me up on what’s been going on. | Daphne跟我念叨了下情况 |
[11:14] | Oh, wonderful. | 好极了 |
[11:15] | So she’s talking to every therapist under the sun but me. | 她是要和除我之外的所有心理医生都聊聊吗 |
[11:19] | She said she tried to talk to you. | 她说她尝试过和你谈谈 |
[11:20] | No, she tried to blame me. | 不 她尝试着责怪我 |
[11:24] | According to her puppet master, Gloria, | 玩偶听主人Gloria的 |
[11:27] | Daphne overate because she was afraid | Daphne觉得暴食是 |
[11:28] | she couldn’t live up to my image of her. | 害怕无法达到我的期望 |
[11:32] | Well, there may be something to that. | 也有可能 |
[11:36] | She does have seven years of fantasy to live up to. | 她确实有七年的幻想要填啊 |
[11:41] | What fantasy? | 什么幻想 |
[11:42] | I have a very realistic picture of Daphne. | 我看的就是Daphne实际的样子 |
[11:45] | I love her for who she is. I have since the very beginning. | 我爱的是她这个人 一开始就是 |
[11:48] | All right, when exactly was the very beginning for the two of you anyway? | 好吧 你们到底是怎么开始的来着 |
[11:52] | Well, don’t you remember? You introduced us. | 不记得了吗 你介绍我们认识的 |
[11:56] | Daphne, this is my brother, Niles. | Daphne 这是我弟弟 Niles |
[12:01] | – You’re Daphne? – Why, yes, I am. | – 你就是Daphne – 怎么了 是我啊 |
[12:03] | Well, when Frasier told me he’d hired an Englishwoman, | Frasier跟我说雇了英国女人的时候 |
[12:07] | I pictured someone a little more… Not quite so… | 我想象的是一个更 不是这么 |
[12:10] | You’re Daphne? | 你就是Daphne |
[12:13] | – Right again. It’s nice to meet you. – Look at you, Niles. | – 又说对了 很高兴见到你 – 看看你 Niles |
[12:15] | The woman’s a stranger to you | 这女人根本还是陌生人 |
[12:16] | and yet you’re ready to hand her your heart. | 而你已经准备好献出自己的心了 |
[12:18] | Well, I may have been a tad smitten. What’s your point? | 我是有点神魂颠倒了 你想说什么 |
[12:23] | My point is… Niles, pay attention. | 我想说 Niles 注意听 |
[12:27] | My point is, your so-called realistic picture of Daphne | 我想说 你所谓对Daphne的现实认知 |
[12:29] | has been clouded from the start by your intense attraction to her. | 从一开始就被她对你的强烈吸引所遮蔽了 |
[12:32] | All right. Perhaps at the beginning I was blinded by infatuation. | 好吧 我可能最开始是有点迷恋 |
[12:37] | But over the years, I’ve learned everything about her. | 但这么多年了 我了解她的一切 |
[12:39] | And my love has only deepened. | 而我的爱只增不减 |
[12:41] | I’ve learned that she’s caring and compassionate. | 我知道她富有同情心和爱心 |
[12:46] | And she can be moody sometimes. | 有时会耍小性子 |
[12:49] | She likes jelly on her pancakes instead of syrup. | 吃薄饼喜欢配果冻而不是糖浆 |
[12:53] | Her laugh, it’s like music. | 她的笑 如音乐一般 |
[12:57] | Oh, and that girl can dance. | 而且这姑娘能跳舞 |
[12:59] | You’re beautiful. You’re a goddess. | 你如此美丽 有如女神下凡 |
[13:02] | Oh, I don’t ever want this moment to end. | 哦 我不想让此刻终止 |
[13:04] | Then let’s not let it. | 那我们就不要停下 |
[13:06] | This is one of my favourite memories. | 这是我最喜欢的记忆之一 |
[13:07] | See, that’s the dress I wanted her to wear this weekend. | 看 我想让她周末穿的就是这条裙子 |
[13:10] | Isn’t she spectacular? | 是不是美极了 |
[13:11] | Indeed she is. | 确实 |
[13:13] | She’s perfect. Oh, wait, look at this. Watch. | 简直完美 等会 看这个 看 |
[13:20] | I come here often. | 我经常来看看 |
[13:22] | I suspect a part of you has never left. | 我想你的一部分可能就没离开过 |
[13:24] | Can you blame me? Look at us. | 这怪我吗 看看我们 |
[13:27] | We’re magnificent together. We’re moving in perfect sync. | 天造地设的一对 舞步完美同步 |
[13:30] | There’s that word perfect again. | 又说了完美 |
[13:33] | I know what you’re thinking. | 我知道你想什么呢 |
[13:35] | Just because this evening was perfect doesn’t mean I’m idealising Daphne. | 这个夜晚完美不代表我在理想化Daphne |
[13:38] | Niles, did you hear yourself out there? You called her a goddess. | 你听见自己说什么了吗 你叫她女神 |
[13:40] | You can’t build a higher pedestal than that. | 还能建个更高的神坛吗 |
[13:42] | Who could possibly compete with that sort of image? | 谁能和这种印象相比较 |
[13:47] | That’s not fair. I’m well aware that’s just one side of her. | 这么说不公平 我很清楚这只是她的一面 |
[13:50] | I’m also acquainted with her ordinary, domestic, everyday side. | 我也熟悉她普通的 居家的 日常的一面 |
[13:58] | *Heart and soul I fell in love with you* | *身和心 我爱着你* |
[14:01] | *Heart and soul The way a fool would do…* | *身和心 唯傻瓜可以比拟* |
[14:05] | – Oh, please. – What? | – 得了 – 怎么 |
[14:07] | Even your everyday memories are idealised. | 连你的日常记忆都是理想化的 |
[14:10] | How long until the cartoon bluebird lands on her shoulder? | 那只卡通知更鸟什么时候会落在她肩膀上啊 |
[14:12] | All right, so maybe my memories of Daphne are perfect. | 好吧 可能我对Daphne的记忆都是完美的 |
[14:17] | Did it ever occur to you that perhaps Daphne just is perfect? | 但你就没想过也许Daphne本来就是完美的 |
[14:22] | *Because you held me tight* | *因为你紧紧抱着我* |
[14:24] | *I held you tight. It serves you right* | *我紧抱着你 你正欢喜* |
[14:26] | *I stole a kiss in the night* | *趁着夜晚 我偷吻你* |
[14:29] | That’s it. I’m going home. | 够了 我回家了 |
[14:30] | Wait, wait, wait. How come? | 等等 等等 怎么了 |
[14:32] | Nothing else to say. | 我没有什么好说的了 |
[14:35] | Niles, I love you. And I love Daphne. | Niles 我爱你 也爱Daphne |
[14:41] | I just hope the two of you can work this thing out together. | 我只希望你们两个能解决这个事 |
[14:43] | No, wait, wait, wait. Don’t go, don’t go. | 别 等等 别走 别走 |
[14:46] | Help me understand. | 帮我理解下 |
[14:47] | Why is everyone acting like I’ve done something wrong? | 为什么每个人弄得好像我做错了什么 |
[14:50] | The only thing I am guilty of is loving Daphne, and that’s all I’ve ever done. | 而我的罪名就是爱Daphne 我只是爱她而已啊 |
[14:54] | Yes, yes. And how did you love her? From afar. | 是的 可你是怎么爱她的呢 从远处 |
[14:59] | You were never in love with her. You were in love at her. | 你从未和她相恋 你只是迷恋那时的她 |
[15:03] | Now you’ve been given a chance to experience her in a real relationship, | 现在你有机会可以感受她在实际恋爱中的样子 |
[15:07] | and yet for some reason you’re resisting it. | 但不知为何你在抵触 |
[15:10] | Rather than see her as she really is, you keep holding on to the fantasy. | 不想看清真实的她 只想沉迷在幻想里 |
[15:16] | No, that’s not true. | 不 不可能 |
[15:17] | Niles, the woman gained 60 pounds. | Niles 这个女人胖了55斤 |
[15:22] | And everybody in the world saw it but you. | 这世界上除了你每个人都看得出来 |
[15:25] | All you ever saw was a perfect woman in a red dress. | 而你所见的就只是身着红裙的完美女人 |
[15:37] | Okay. If you’re right, and that’s a big if, | 好吧 假设你是对的 纯粹的假设 |
[15:41] | why would I do that? | 我为什么要这么做 |
[15:44] | Maybe Daphne’s not the only one who’s afraid she won’t measure up. | 可能不止Daphne担心她不能比得上回忆 |
[15:48] | Maybe you’re afraid too. | 你也害怕 |
[15:51] | After all, if it turns out that she’s not perfect, | 毕竟 如果证实她不是完美的 |
[15:55] | then there’s a chance things won’t work out. | 那有可能事情根本成不了 |
[16:00] | Then not only will you lose Daphne, | 到时你就不只失去Daphne |
[16:04] | but you’ll have wasted the last seven years of your life chasing an illusion. | 而且浪费人生的七年来追逐一个幻影 |
[16:18] | Oh, Roz, what a pleasant surprise. | Roz 你的到来简直是意外之喜啊 |
[16:20] | Break out the champagne. I just sold my children’s book. | 开香槟吧 我刚把我的儿童书卖出去了 |
[16:23] | – Hey, that’s great. – Oh, well, congratulations, Roz. | – 太棒了 – 祝贺你 Roz |
[16:26] | Thanks. This young editor was like 23 years old. His name was Scott. | 谢谢 这个年轻的编辑大概23岁 叫Scott |
[16:30] | And I figured he’d just be into action figures and video games, | 想着他可能只喜欢可动人偶和电子游戏 |
[16:33] | and there I was with this simple little story, but he loved it. | 而我只有个简简单单的故事 没想到他喜欢 |
[16:36] | Great. Congratulations. | 太棒了 恭喜 |
[16:37] | I’ve been saving a special bottle for just such an occasion. | 我为这种场合特意留了一瓶特供酒 |
[16:40] | While you’re in there, get me my very special can. | 既然你过去了 就把我特供的罐子拿过来 |
[16:44] | I’ve gotta call my mother. She is gonna get such a kick out of this. | 我得和我妈说一声 她听到一定会震惊的 |
[16:48] | Mom? Hey, do you remember that story | 妈 你还记得我小时候 |
[16:51] | that you used to tell me when I was a kid? | 你给我讲的那个故事吗 |
[16:52] | You know, about the little girl and her grandfather? | 就是小女孩和爷爷的故事 |
[16:56] | Yes, well, I just got it published. | 嗯 我刚刚出版了这个故事 |
[17:02] | What? | 什么 |
[17:04] | Well, you never told me that. | 你没跟我说过啊 |
[17:07] | Okay, fine. Just forget I called. | 好吧 当我没打过这个电话 |
[17:11] | – Well, you can put that away. – What happened? | – 好了 你可以把那个放边上了 – 怎么了 |
[17:13] | Apparently I just sold my publisher Heidi. | 我刚把<海蒂>这本书卖给了我的出版商 |
[17:21] | I better get over there and let him know before he… | 我最好赶紧过去告诉他 |
[17:25] | Hello. Oh, hey, Scott. I know, I just heard. Weird, huh? | 你好 嘿 Scott 我知道 刚听说 挺奇怪的哈 |
[17:30] | – Tell him about Eddie. – Shh. | – 跟他说说Eddie – 嘘 |
[17:33] | I am so sorry. It was a movie too? | 实在抱歉 还拍了电影呢 |
[17:38] | – Oh. Hi. – Hey. | – 你好 – 你好 |
[17:41] | Hey, Frasier. Hi, Dad. | Frasier好 老爸好 |
[17:42] | – Hi, Niles. – Hi, Niles. | – 你好 Niles – 你好 Niles |
[17:45] | – Hello, Daphne. – Hello. | – 你好 Daphne – 你好 |
[17:49] | Dad, what do you say we head out for dinner over at the steakhouse? | 老爸 我们去牛排餐厅吃晚饭怎么样 |
[17:53] | – The steakhouse? Really? – What the hell. | – 牛排餐厅 真的 – 管它呢 |
[17:55] | The blood’s just been flying through my arteries lately. | 就是最近血压有点飞涨 |
[17:59] | – Just give me a minute to get ready. – Right, right. | – 给我一分钟整理下 – 好的 |
[18:02] | Daphne, I want to apologise for the other night. | Daphne 我想为那晚道歉 |
[18:07] | I was rude and disrespectful, and I’m sorry I hurt you. | 我那晚粗鲁无礼 而且还伤了你 |
[18:14] | Apology accepted. | 接受道歉了 |
[18:16] | – Oh, come here. – Thank you. | – 来抱下 – 谢谢你 |
[18:20] | You know, I was just about to make myself some dinner. | 我正好要做点饭吃 |
[18:23] | – Would you like to join me? – I would love that. | – 一起吧 – 乐意之至 |
[18:25] | Okay. | 好的 |
[18:27] | Actually, wait, Daphne. I’m gonna pass on dinner. | 等会 Daphne 我还是不吃晚饭了 |
[18:31] | – Oh, it’s no trouble. – No, I know. It’s just that… | – 不费什么劲的 – 不 我知道 只是 |
[18:35] | I don’t really care for your cooking. | 我不是很喜欢你的料理 |
[18:38] | What? | 什么 |
[18:43] | Well, you’re not the best cook in the world. | 你不算是最好的厨师 |
[18:47] | In fact, you’re not very good at cooking at all. | 说实话 你根本不擅长做饭 |
[18:53] | Bad, bad cook. | 非常不擅长 |
[18:57] | What the hell is he doing? | 他到底干嘛呢 |
[18:59] | Well, we’re off. | 我们走了 |
[19:04] | God bless you, son. | 上帝保佑你 儿子 |
[19:15] | You okay? | 你还好吧 |
[19:16] | How could I be after that horrible thing you just said to me? | 你说了那么糟心的话 你觉得能好吗 |
[19:19] | Oh, I’m sorry, darling. | 抱歉 亲爱的 |
[19:21] | I just wanna show you that I see you the way you really are. | 我只是想告诉你我爱的是真实的你 |
[19:27] | And who I am is a bad cook, is that what you’re saying? | 然后那个我是个糟糕的厨师 你就想说这个 |
[19:29] | No, no, no, that’s not fair. I thought this was what you wanted. | 不不不 不是这样的 我以为你想让我这样 |
[19:34] | Well, it still hurts. I have feelings, you know. | 那这也很伤人啊 我也是有感情的好吧 |
[19:38] | I thought you loved my cooking. | 我以为你喜欢我的料理 |
[19:40] | Well, you certainly could’ve handled this better. | 你这个可以处理得更好一点嘛 |
[19:42] | Well… Then I don’t know what you want. | 那我就不知道你想要什么了 |
[19:46] | I can’t read minds, you know. And by the way, neither can you. | 我不会读心 而且你也不会 |
[19:50] | Are you saying you don’t think I’m psychic? | 你是说你不信我能通灵 |
[19:53] | Not if you thought I loved your cooking. | 如果你以为我喜欢你做的饭那就不信 |
[19:58] | Well, I’m sorry it’s not that hoity-toity crap you eat. | 抱歉这不是你吃的那些装模作样的东西 |
[20:02] | What does that mean? You think I’m pretentious? | 什么意思 你觉得我装腔作势吗 |
[20:05] | Ho. You’d eat a worm if I gave it a French name. | 如果我给虫子起个法国名字你都会吃了它 |
[20:11] | Well, fine. If that’s the way you feel, | 好 如果你是这么想的 |
[20:13] | maybe I’ll just have dinner by myself. | 那我还是自己吃晚饭的好 |
[20:14] | Well, good. It’ll spare you the hell that’s my cooking. | 正好 也省得你还要忍我见鬼的厨艺 |
[20:20] | I am so sorry. I love you so much. | 对不起 我太爱你了 |
[20:25] | I didn’t mean any of those things. | 我刚才说的都不是真心话 |
[20:27] | Oh, yes you did. And I did too. | 不 你说的是真心的 我也是 |
[20:31] | You’re a pretentious snob with your wine and your opera. | 你是靠着红酒和歌剧装模作样的势利鬼 |
[20:34] | Well, you never give opera a chance! | 你就不能给歌剧个机会吗 |
[20:40] | You’re too judgemental. | 你太苛刻 |
[20:41] | And you’re a clean freak. | 你有洁癖 |
[20:43] | Well… I hate your unicorn collection. | 我不喜欢你的独角兽收藏 |
[20:47] | And I hate that your closet is bigger than mine. | 我讨厌你的衣橱比我的大 |
[20:51] | Well… you’re too tall. | 呃 你太高了 |
[20:55] | – You’re too short. – Well… | – 你太矮了 – 呃 |
[21:01] | Oh, Daphne. | 哦 Daphne |
[21:05] | Oh, Niles. | 哦 Niles |
[21:13] | There you are, Niles. May I have a latte, please? | 你在这啊 Niles 来杯拿铁 谢谢 |
[21:16] | So how are things with you and Daphne, hmm? | 你和Daphne怎么样了 |
[21:25] | Oh. Thank you. | 哦 谢谢 |
[21:30] | Niles, is everything okay? | Niles 没事吧 |
[21:44] | You know the best part, Frasier? | 你知道最棒的是什么吗 Frasier |
[21:48] | It wasn’t at all like I imagined it. | 那个和我想象的一点都不一样 |