时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:10] | – Hello. – Hey. | – 你好 – 嗨 |
[00:10] | Ah, the weekend warriors have returned. | 周末战士凯旋归来 |
[00:13] | You better watch out, Dr. Crane. | 你最好小心点 Crane医生 |
[00:14] | I’m getting pretty good at kickboxing. | 我的跆拳道越来越精湛了 |
[00:16] | It’s true, it’s true. She hits so hard, | 真的 她打得特别用力 |
[00:18] | they call her the British Pound. | 别人叫她”英棒” |
[00:20] | You hit pretty hard yourself there, Nails. | 你打得也挺用力的 小指甲 |
[00:23] | I’m gonna hop in the shower. | 我要去冲个澡 |
[00:26] | – Nails? – Oh, you scratch one guy… | – 小指甲 – 挠了个人 |
[00:30] | Oh, my electrolytes are plummeting. Care to join me in a sherry? | 我体内的电解质在骤降 想一起喝杯雪莉酒吗 |
[00:33] | Oh, well, actually, I’d love to, Niles, | 非常愿意 Niles |
[00:34] | but I’m off to see Dr. Tewksbury. | 不过我要去见Tewksbury医生 |
[00:36] | Oh. I didn’t realize your mentor was still in town. | 我不知道你的导师还在城里 |
[00:39] | Yes, and because of it, | 他在 正因如此 |
[00:40] | I’ve been the fortunate recipient of some informal therapy. | 我接受了一些非正式疗法 |
[00:42] | It’s really been quite enlightening. | 真是大开眼界 |
[00:44] | You know, I consider myself lucky to be in the hands of such a master. | 能把我自己交到这样的大师手上是我的福分 |
[00:47] | Mm. | 嗯 |
[00:48] | Well, I’m happy for you, Frasier. He is a gifted psychiatrist. | 我为你高兴 Frasier 他是一个天才心理医生 |
[00:51] | Even if I don’t share your godlike worship of him. | 虽然我并不像你一样把他当上帝般崇拜 |
[00:54] | Well, I simply have a healthy respect for the man, Niles. | 我对他的敬重是很健康的 Niles |
[00:57] | It’s hardly worship. | 算不上崇拜 |
[00:59] | Oh, please. | 得了吧 |
[00:59] | You’re one step away from seeing his image appear in a tortilla. | 你差点就在玉米饼里看见他的幻影了 |
[01:04] | – Niles, thank heavens you’re still here. – Uh, what’s wrong? | – Niles 感谢上帝你还在这 – 怎么了 |
[01:07] | – You can’t go to Nervosa today. – Why not? | – 你今天别去Nervosa咖啡馆 – 为什么 |
[01:10] | I just had a psychic vision that something bad’s gonna happen to you. | 我预感到你会出事的 |
[01:12] | – Oh, come on, Daphne. – Niles, I’m serious. | – 得了吧 Daphne – Niles 我是认真的 |
[01:15] | I know you don’t believe in visions, but it’s important to me. | 我知道你不相信预兆 但它对我至关重要 |
[01:18] | Promise me you won’t go. | 答应我你不去 |
[01:20] | Well, all right, if it means that much to you, I won’t go. | 好吧 如果对你来说如此重要 那我就不去了 |
[01:23] | – I’ll go straight home. – Thank you. | – 我直接回家 – 谢谢你 |
[01:25] | I feel much better. I’ll see you later. | 我觉得好多了 回头见 |
[01:30] | Wow, that was scary. | 太恐怖了 |
[01:33] | Don’t tell me you believe in that stuff. | 别告诉我你相信那玩意 |
[01:35] | No, I mean the way she can manipulate you like that. | 我是指她就那样操纵你了 |
[01:39] | Oh. Please, I was just being diplomatic. | 得了吧 我只是在敷衍她 |
[01:42] | Tell me, is it difficult to kickbox without a spine? | 没有脊梁骨的人练跆拳道难吗 |
[01:43] | You’re gonna find out. | 你会见识到的 |
[01:51] | – Hello, Frasier. – Oh, hi, Roz. | – 你好 Frasier – 嗨 Roz |
[01:52] | Oh, been on a shopping spree, I see. | 去血拼了吧 |
[01:54] | Yes, Alice is visiting her grandmother for the week. | 嗯 Alice这周去她外婆家了 |
[01:57] | – So I finally have some time to myself. – Oh. | – 我终于有点私人时间了 – 噢 |
[02:00] | I mean it’s great shopping without her pulling down a display rack. | 少了她拉倒展架 购物有趣多了 |
[02:04] | Not only that, | 不只那个 |
[02:05] | I actually woke up today without someone jumping on my bed | 我今早醒来时 没人在床上乱跳 |
[02:08] | and sticking her little fingers up my nose. | 或者把小手指戳到我鼻子里 |
[02:10] | And I didn’t have to spend half the morning | 也不需要花半个早上 |
[02:12] | combing knots out of that little girl’s curls. | 来梳开小女孩卷毛里的死结 |
[02:16] | – Give Alice my love. – Thank you, I will. | – 代我向她问好 – 谢谢 我会的 |
[02:22] | Frasier Frasier. | |
[02:24] | – Can you get me a latte? – Well… | – 能帮我买杯拿铁吗 – 呃 |
[02:27] | Why don’t you just get it yourself, Niles? Oh, that’s right. | 你为什么不自己买呢 对了 |
[02:30] | It’s bad mugambo for you to enter. | 你进来会有坏运气 |
[02:34] | You know I promised Daphne. | 你知道我答应过Daphne的 |
[02:35] | Yes, yes, and “woe betide he who disobeyeth the oracle”. | “苦楚降至违背神谕之人” |
[02:39] | Oh, all right, all right, all right. Wait, wait. | 好吧 等等 |
[02:41] | Maybe if I get it to go and don’t actually sit down, | 要是我进来买了就走 不坐下 |
[02:44] | then I won’t be breaking my promise. | 我就没有食言 |
[02:46] | Step aside, everybody. Big set of onions coming through. | 各位闪开 傻逼正在穿过 |
[02:50] | Latte to go, please. | 一杯拿铁 带走 |
[02:53] | Hello, Frasier. | 嗨 Frasier |
[02:55] | Dr. Tewksbury. Well, uh… | Tewksbury医生 呃 |
[02:58] | Gosh, this is quite a surprise. What are you doing here? | 我的天 太惊喜了 你怎么在这 |
[03:01] | Well, I’ve heard you mention how good their coffee is here. | 我听你提过这的咖啡特别棒 |
[03:03] | – I thought I’d give it a try. – Oh… | – 我想尝尝 – 噢 |
[03:05] | – May I join you? – Oh, yes, yes, of course. | – 我能坐下吗 – 当然 当然 |
[03:07] | I’m terribly sorry. Oh, Roz, uh, meet Dr. Tewksbury. | 我非常抱歉 Roz 这是Tewksbury医生 |
[03:10] | – This is my producer, Roz Doyle. – Hi. | – 这是我节目的制作人 Roz Doyle – 嗨 |
[03:12] | And my brother, Niles. Niles, Dr. Tewksbury. | 我的弟弟Niles 这是Tewksbury医生 |
[03:15] | – How do you do? – Hello. | – 你好 – 嗨 |
[03:16] | I don’t believe we’ve ever met, | 我确信我们没见过 |
[03:18] | but I seem to recall | 但我貌似记得 |
[03:18] | reading a fascinating paper of yours recently. | 最近拜读过你的一篇非常引人入胜的论文 |
[03:21] | Oh, yes, it was probably the one about phobias. | 八成是那篇有关恐惧症的论文 |
[03:23] | Oh, can’t sit, can’t sit. Oh… Uh… | 不能坐 不能坐 |
[03:27] | Uh… | 呃 |
[03:30] | It’s a long story, uh… | 说来话长 |
[03:31] | Anyway, uh, Dr. Tewksbury, uh, I was just wondering, | Tewksbury医生 我只是想知道 |
[03:35] | did you happen to read the article on behaviour modification…? | 您是否读过有关行为矫正的文章 |
[03:38] | Not now, Frasier. Let’s not talk shop. You don’t want to bore Roz. | Frasier 咱们别讨论工作上的事 别使Roz厌烦 |
[03:42] | Oh, it’s all just white noise to me now. | 对我来说不过都是白噪声而已 |
[03:46] | Yes, all right. | 好的 |
[03:48] | Niles, please, would you stop hovering and just sit down, hmm? | Niles 你别再乱转了 坐下成吗 |
[03:50] | Uh, all right. What can it hurt? | 好吧 试试也无妨 |
[03:55] | – Niles – Daphne – Niles. – Daphne! | |
[03:57] | How could you come down here? | 你怎么能来这里呢 |
[03:59] | – You broke your promise. – And my patella. | – 你打破了誓言 – 还有我的膝盖 |
[04:01] | Well, nothing bad would have happened | 如果你信我的预兆 |
[04:03] | if you’d paid attention to my premonition. | 坏事就不会发生了 |
[04:05] | Well, actually, nothing bad would have happened | 事实上 如果你不来 |
[04:07] | if you hadn’t shown up. | 坏事就不会发生 |
[04:08] | Well, it wouldn’t have not happened had I not shown up. | 如果我不来 肯定不会不出事 |
[04:10] | Wouldn’t not have happened if you hadn’t not shown up. | 如果不是你不来 才不会不出事呢 |
[04:12] | I wouldn’t have shown up | 如果我不知道你不会不来这 |
[04:13] | had I not known you wouldn’t be able to not come down here. | 我才不会来呢 |
[04:16] | Well, I’m not… Not… Not… What? | 我不 不 什么 |
[04:19] | My point exactly. You don’t listen. | 正是我想说的 你不倾听 |
[04:21] | – Daphne. Oh. Ooh. – Niles. Niles, you all right? | – Daphne – Niles 你还好吗 |
[04:24] | Oh. No, I’ve aggravated my old bossa nova injury. | 不好 我加重了以前的巴萨诺瓦伤 |
[04:27] | Well, perhaps I’d better drive you. | 我最好还是开车送你 |
[04:29] | – I’m sorry, Dr. Tewksbury. – I understand. | – 很抱歉 Tewksbury医生 – 我理解 |
[04:31] | – Bye, Roz. – Bye. | – 拜 Roz – 拜 |
[04:33] | Well, heh-heh, what was that all about? | 刚才那是什么情况 |
[04:37] | Well, she thinks she’s psychic, but he doesn’t believe her. | 她觉得自己通灵 他不信 |
[04:40] | Well, no matter who’s right or wrong, | 不管谁对谁错 |
[04:43] | Niles needs to set up stricter boundaries with his patients. | Niles需要与病人划定更严格的界限 |
[04:46] | I learned that from years of practise. | 这是我多年实践经验所得 |
[04:49] | No. No, she’s not his patient. She’s his girlfriend. | 她不是他的病人 是他女友 |
[04:53] | Oh, well, in that case, no matter who’s right or wrong, | 如此说来 不管谁对谁错 |
[04:56] | he’s wrong. | 就是他错 |
[04:58] | I learned that from years of marriage. | 这是我多年婚姻经历所得 |
[05:05] | Is there anything I can get you, Niles? | 有什么我可以拿给你的吗 |
[05:06] | How about a cold pack, perhaps? | 一个冰袋怎么样 |
[05:09] | No, no. | 不用 |
[05:10] | If Daphne ever comes out of her room, | 如果Daphne从屋里出来 |
[05:11] | I’ll just use her icy stare. | 我用她冰冷的目光就够了 |
[05:15] | Frasier, if you don’t mind, I’m gonna have to cancel on the opera tonight. | Frasier 如果你不介意 我得取消今晚的歌剧了 |
[05:17] | Oh, Niles, you know I hate going to the opera alone. | Niles 你知道我讨厌一个人去看歌剧 |
[05:21] | Throwing a woman’s shawl over the seat next to me | 在邻座扔个女人围巾 |
[05:23] | and glancing expectantly back at the ladies’ room all night. | 整晚有所期待地盯着女洗手间 |
[05:29] | – You do that? – No. | – 你这么做吗 – 不 |
[05:34] | Hey, why don’t you ask Dr. Tewksbury | 你为什么不邀请Tewksbury医生呢 |
[05:35] | – if he’d like to go? – Oh… | – 看看他想不想去 – 噢 |
[05:37] | Oh, look, come on, ever since his divorce, | 自从他离婚以来 |
[05:38] | I’m sure he’s anxious to get out of the house. | 我确信他急于出去散散心 |
[05:40] | Well, we’re in a quasi-therapeutic relationship right now. | 我们现在是一种准治疗关系 |
[05:43] | And truth be told, | 说实话 |
[05:44] | I was actually a little uncomfortable socialising with him at Nervosa. | 我不习惯和他在Nervosa咖啡馆社交 |
[05:47] | Oh. Well, I understand. | 好吧 我理解 |
[05:49] | You don’t want to see the wizard behind the curtain. | 你不想见到幕后巫师 |
[05:51] | Everyone needs an idol, | 每个人都需要一个偶像 |
[05:53] | someone who represents a higher plateau of truth and knowledge. | 以代表真理和学问的更高层次 |
[05:57] | That’s very insightful, Niles. | 非常洞察秋毫 Niles |
[05:58] | For so many years, I must have represented that plateau to you. | 这么多年来 我一定为你代表了那个层次 |
[06:04] | Thank you, Frasier. Laughter is indeed the best medicine. | 谢谢你 Frasier 笑的确是治愈良药 |
[06:09] | Oh, Daphne. Uh, my knee is feeling much better. | Daphne 我的膝盖好多了 |
[06:13] | Oh, good. | 不错 |
[06:16] | Well, I hope she doesn’t expect me to run in there after her. | 希望她别指望我跑过去追她 |
[06:19] | Good for you, Niles. | 做得好 Niles |
[06:20] | With this knee, I can only hobble. | 膝盖都这样了 我只能跛着走了 |
[06:23] | Daphne, I’m sorry. | Daphne 我很抱歉 |
[06:25] | Are you sorry for breaking your promise or for not believing me? | 觉得抱歉是因为食言还是不信任我 |
[06:28] | I’m sorry for breaking my promise. | 抱歉我食言了 |
[06:30] | So you still don’t believe I had a premonition? | 所以你还是不相信我当时的预感了呗 |
[06:32] | – Well, it wasn’t a premonition. – It certainly was. | – 那根本不是预感 – 就是的 |
[06:35] | I told you if you went to Nervosa something bad would happen, | 我告诉过你 要是你去Nervosa咖啡馆会出事的 |
[06:38] | and you hurt your knee. What more proof do you need? | 于是你就伤了膝盖 还想要什么证据 |
[06:40] | Something a little more scientific than that, I’m afraid. | 比那个更科学点的东西 |
[06:43] | You need scientific proof? | 你需要科学证据吗 |
[06:45] | Well, I think we can do something about that. | 我们有办法 |
[06:48] | What do you mean? | 什么意思 |
[06:49] | There are people around who do this sort of research. | 有人做这种研究 |
[06:53] | Are those people here now? | 这种人现在在这里吗 |
[06:55] | – No. – Ow. | – 不 – 哦 |
[06:57] | I’m talking about legitimate professionals. | 我指的是合法的专业人士 |
[07:00] | Well, uh… | 呃 |
[07:01] | All right. All right. But it has to be a real scientist. | 好吧 但必须是个真正的科学家 |
[07:05] | Not some huckster who comes here with crystals and a ghost-o-meter. | 别是拿着水晶球和幽灵弹测仪的街头骗子 |
[07:09] | As long as you have an open mind. | 只要你思想开放些 |
[07:11] | And it’s pronounced ghostometers. | 那个词叫幽灵探测仪 |
[07:16] | – I’m glad we worked this out. – Me too. | – 我很开心我们解决了这个矛盾 – 我也是 |
[07:19] | And now that we’ve made up, maybe we could, mm… | 既然我们和好了 不如我们 嗯 |
[07:24] | Mm… Well, I guess we know who’s not psychic. | 我猜我们知道了谁不能通灵 |
[07:37] | Frasier. I thought you were the pizza guy. | Frasier 我以为是送披萨的 |
[07:41] | I thought we were writing promos tonight. | 我以为我们今晚计划写广告的 |
[07:42] | – You forgot, didn’t you? – No. | – 你忘记了 是吧 – 没忘 |
[07:45] | Yes. I’m sorry. | 忘了 抱歉 |
[07:47] | Pizza, we’re gonna have pizza. | 披萨 我们要吃披萨啦 |
[07:51] | Frasier. Hello. | Frasier 嗨 |
[07:53] | What are you doing here? | 你在这做什么 |
[07:54] | Oh, just, uh, wearing clothes. | 呃 穿着衣服 |
[08:00] | Oh, right. Ha-ha. | 好吧 |
[08:02] | Frasier brought over some work from the office. | Frasier拿了点办公室的工作过来 |
[08:05] | Ah. I’ll just go get dressed. | 我去穿衣服 |
[08:09] | I’ve gone blind. | 我瞎了 |
[08:13] | And ten seconds too late. Ha-ha. | 早瞎十秒就好了 |
[08:15] | So since when have you and Dr. Tewksbury been seeing each other? | 你和Tewksbury医生从什么时候开始约会的 |
[08:18] | Well, um, the other day at Nervosa, | 那天在Nervosa咖啡馆 |
[08:21] | we really hit it off after you left, | 你走之后 我们很来电 |
[08:22] | and, uh, he asked me to dinner. | 他约我吃晚饭 |
[08:24] | And we’ve been out every night since. | 从那之后我们每晚都约 |
[08:26] | Really? Well, I must say, I’m a bit surprised. | 真的吗 不得不说 我有点惊讶 |
[08:29] | Why? He’s smart. | 为什么 他很聪明 |
[08:31] | Very insightful. And he’s such a great listener. | 有洞察力 善于聆听 |
[08:35] | Yes, well, I’m happy for you, Roz. | 是的 我为你高兴 Roz |
[08:37] | It’s just a little difficult imagining the two of you together. | 只是很难想象你们两个在一起 |
[08:40] | You don’t think I can appreciate a sophisticated man? | 你觉得我没法欣赏干练的男人是吗 |
[08:44] | You know, it’s not just about sex for me, Frasier. | 对我而言不只有性 Frasier |
[08:47] | Uh, do you have a stepladder? | 你有梯子吗 |
[08:49] | My pants are stuck in the ceiling fan. | 我的内裤卡在吊扇上了 |
[08:58] | Frasier, listen, before we begin, | Frasier 我们开始前 |
[09:00] | I hope it wasn’t too awkward | 我希望昨晚见到我和Roz在一起 |
[09:02] | seeing me with Roz last night. | 不会让你太尴尬 |
[09:04] | Not at all. | 完全不会 |
[09:05] | It’s just a little…jarring to see you out of context that way. | 只是看到你那个样子有点震惊 |
[09:11] | – Yeah. – It’s just… | – 是啊 – 只是 |
[09:12] | But your personal life is your business. | 不过你的私人生活是你的事 |
[09:14] | Speaking of which, let’s get down to business. | 说到这个 咱们谈正事吧 |
[09:17] | – The Crane mind. – Yes, let us. | – Crane家的思维 – 好的 开始吧 |
[09:20] | Now, last time we had just broached the subject | 上次我们刚引入到的主题是 |
[09:24] | of your father’s expectations and their effect on your early adulthood. | 你父亲的期望及其对你成年初期的影响 |
[09:29] | As we know, ahem, the internalisation of a parent’s moral code | 就我们所知 家长道德准则的内化 |
[09:36] | is crucial to the development of the superego. | 对于超我的发展至关重要 |
[09:39] | And considering your father’s strictness… | 考虑到你父亲的严苛 |
[09:43] | Frasier, is everything all right? | Frasier 你还好吗 |
[09:45] | Yes, yes, of course. Of course. Please, continue. | 当然 请继续 |
[09:49] | You must admit that having a father | 你不得不承认 |
[09:51] | whose very occupation is the enforcement of the moral code | 你父亲的职业就是强制履行道德准则 |
[09:55] | would lead to an overdeveloped superego. | 这会使得超我过度发展 |
[10:00] | I believe I have a paper on this subject. | 我确信我有一篇探讨这一主题的论文 |
[10:04] | It’s right here. | 就在这 |
[10:17] | – Oh, hey, Dad. – Hey. | – 嗨 老爸 – 嘿 |
[10:18] | How was your day? | 你今天过得怎么样 |
[10:20] | Why don’t you just tell me what happened to you? | 为什么你不直接告诉我你怎么了 |
[10:22] | What are you talking about? | 你说什么呢 |
[10:24] | Well, you know how my day goes. | 你知道我每天的日子是怎样的 |
[10:26] | Play with Eddie, watch TV, do my stretches. | 与Eddie玩 看电视 做做拉伸 |
[10:30] | You only ask so I’ll ask you about your day, so I’m asking. | 你这么问只是为了我回问你今天怎样 所以我问了 |
[10:34] | I am hurt. You’re my father. Of course I care about your day. | 我受伤了 你是我爸爸 我当然关心你的日常 |
[10:38] | Oh, well, uh, I played with Eddie, | 好吧 我和Eddie玩 |
[10:42] | uh, watched TV, did my stretches. | 看电视 做了拉伸 |
[10:45] | Ah. Good. | 不错 |
[10:48] | – So how…? – I just came from Dr. Tewksbury. | – 所以 – 我刚从Tewksbury医生那里回来 |
[10:51] | Throughout the entire session, | 整个心理治疗里 |
[10:52] | I just couldn’t focus on anything he was saying. | 我就是没办法集中精力听他说什么 |
[10:56] | Wasn’t he talking about you? | 他谈论的难道不是你吗 |
[10:57] | Yes, yes, but recently, I saw him in… | 是我 但是最近 我看见他 |
[11:03] | Well, a less than dignified light. | 呃 不那么庄重的样子 |
[11:07] | And, uh, ever since, | 从那时起 |
[11:09] | I’ve just found it impossible to take him seriously. | 我就很难严肃面对他了 |
[11:12] | I know exactly what you’re talking about. | 我完全明白你什么意思 |
[11:15] | In Korea, I had this commanding officer, Lieutenant Franks. | 在朝鲜时 我有一个指挥官叫Franks中尉 |
[11:19] | I would have followed that guy into the gates of hell. | 我愿意跟随那家伙闯入地狱之门 |
[11:23] | I saw him a few years later. | 几年后我见到他 |
[11:24] | He was flipping hamburgers in a fast-food place. | 他在一家快餐店煎汉堡 |
[11:27] | Now, that was hard to handle. | 太难面对了 |
[11:29] | I mean, this guy took me under his wing and moulded me. | 这家伙把我护在他的羽翼之下 塑造了我 |
[11:33] | – Like a mentor. – Yeah, exactly. | – 像一位导师 – 是的 |
[11:35] | He always used to say that one day he’d be taking orders from me. | 他过去常说总有一天他将听命于我 |
[11:40] | Just never thought it would be for extra onions. | 只是从未想过是因为我想多加些洋葱 |
[11:43] | So how did you handle it? | 所以你怎么办了 |
[11:45] | Well, I just realised that it was my problem, not his. | 我意识到问题在我 不在他 |
[11:49] | And I wasn’t going to let that erase all he meant to me. | 我不会让那些抹去他对我的意义 |
[11:51] | So I just marched right back into that kitchen and saluted him. | 所以我踏步走回厨房 向他敬礼 |
[11:55] | And after we were talking for a while, | 我们聊了会天 |
[11:57] | I realised nothing had changed. | 然后我意识到什么都没有改变 |
[11:59] | He was still the same hard-charging man’s man | 他还是那个坚毅的男人中的男人 |
[12:02] | who wasn’t afraid to get his hands dirty. | 毫不惧怕做些脏事 |
[12:05] | Which is why I never ate there again. | 正因如此我再也不去那吃了 |
[12:10] | Uh, if you two don’t mind, | 如果二位不介意 |
[12:11] | Daphne’s psychic evaluator is on the way over, | Daphne的通灵鉴定者正在来的路上 |
[12:13] | and we’d like to use the living room. | 我们想用客厅 |
[12:15] | Fine with me. That stuff creeps me out anyway. | 我无所谓 反正那种事情让我毛骨悚然 |
[12:19] | Niles, I still can’t believe you ever agreed to this. | Niles 我还是不敢相信你同意做这个 |
[12:20] | Those tests are based on nothing more | 这些测验不过是基于 |
[12:22] | than subjective evidence and lucky guesses. | 主观证据和侥幸猜测 |
[12:25] | Yes, not at all like the subjective evidence | 一点都不像心理学所依据的 |
[12:28] | and lucky guesses psychiatry is based on. | 主观证据和侥幸猜测 |
[12:30] | Thank you. | 多谢 |
[12:34] | Don’t worry, I will thoroughly | 别担心 我会彻底检查 |
[12:35] | appraise the examiner and his testing methods. | 测验者和他的测验手段 |
[12:38] | – Good luck. – That’ll be him. | – 祝好运 – 那就是他了 |
[12:44] | Come in. I’m Dr. Niles Crane. | 请进 我是Niles Crane医生 |
[12:47] | This is Daphne Moon. | 这位是Daphne Moon |
[12:48] | – Hello. – Hello. I’m Dr. Sheldon Morey. | – 你好 – 你好 我是Sheldon Morey博士 |
[12:50] | Hmm. Oh, a doctor. Doctor of…? | 一位博士 什么专业呢 |
[12:53] | Spookology. | 鬼神学 |
[12:57] | – Kidding. – Aha. | – 开个玩笑 – 哈 |
[12:58] | – It’s just what most people expect. – Heh-heh. | – 只不过大部分人都是这么想的而已 – 呵呵 |
[13:01] | Actually, I’m a professor of psychiatry at Seattle University. | 其实我是西雅图大学的心理学教授 |
[13:04] | – Really? Really? Well, please, have a seat. Have a seat. – Mm. | – 真的吗 请坐 – 嗯 |
[13:06] | – Oh, thank you, thank you. – So, hmm, you’re more of a debunker. | – 谢谢 – 所以你更像是一个真相揭穿者 |
[13:10] | Well, no, not at all. Actually, I apply scientific method | 并不是 我是将科学手段应用于 |
[13:13] | to the search for paranormal phenomena. | 灵异现象的研究之中 |
[13:15] | Believe me, | 相信我 |
[13:15] | nothing would make me happier than discovering a legitimate psychic. | 没什么比发掘出合法灵媒更让我高兴的了 |
[13:19] | Oh, so you’ve never found one. | 所以你从来也没有找到过 |
[13:21] | Well, if by psychic you mean people with above normal prescience, | 如果灵媒指的是具有超常预知的人 |
[13:25] | then a few. | 那有几个 |
[13:26] | If you mean somebody who can beat the house in Vegas, then no. | 如果指的是可以打败艾滋病的人 那没有 |
[13:30] | I thought I had one for a while, but, uh, no. | 有一段时间我以为找到了一位 但是 没有 |
[13:34] | So, Daphne, you still wanna go through with this? | Daphne 所以你还想做这个吗 |
[13:38] | – I’m ready if you are. – All right. Doctor, she’s all yours. | – 你可以了我就没问题 – 好的 博士 她交给你了 |
[13:40] | Great. Now, I’ve got a card… | 好的 我有张卡片 |
[13:43] | Ace of spades. | 黑桃A |
[13:45] | With my office and fax number on it. | 上面写了我的办公室和传真号码 |
[13:49] | And your address. | 和你的地址 |
[13:52] | Correct. | 正确 |
[13:59] | Star. | 星星 |
[14:03] | Circle. | 圆圈 |
[14:06] | And finally… | 最后一张 |
[14:10] | Circle. | 圆圈 |
[14:11] | That’s it. That was your final test. | 结束了 最终测验完毕 |
[14:14] | And I’m psychic, right? | 我可以通灵吧 |
[14:15] | well, first we have to compare your results | 首先需要将你的结果 |
[14:17] | to those of the rest of the control group. | 与对照组剩下的进行对比 |
[14:19] | It’ll just take me a few minutes here to run these numbers, okay? | 只需要几分钟来运行这些数字 |
[14:23] | So… how do you think you did? | 你觉得做得怎么样 |
[14:25] | I think I did pretty well on the cards. | 卡片方面相当不错 |
[14:28] | The premonition test was a little tricky, | 征兆测验有点棘手 |
[14:30] | but all in all, I was in the zone. | 不过总而言之 我在巅峰状态 |
[14:32] | Well, we’ll soon find out. | 我们马上就会知道结果了 |
[14:34] | You know, Daphne, I’m always curious. | Daphne 我很好奇 |
[14:37] | When was it that you first suspected you had psychic ability? | 你第一次怀疑自己有通灵能力是什么时候 |
[14:40] | Oh, years ago when I was a little girl. | 很多年前当我还是个小女孩的时候 |
[14:42] | Grammy Moon first saw the gift in me. | 是奶奶第一个发现了我这项天赋 |
[14:45] | See, I was a girl in a house full of boys, which I hated. | 家里一群男孩中只有我一个女孩 我很不爽 |
[14:48] | Until Grammy told me that only Moon women had second sight. | 直到奶奶告诉我只有Moon家的女人才有预见力 |
[14:53] | She had it, her mother had it, and so on. | 她有 她的妈妈有 以此类推 |
[14:55] | After that, I began noticing | 从那时起 我开始注意到 |
[14:57] | I could sense things before they happened. | 在事情发生之前我就可以感应到 |
[15:00] | Sort of like a secret power. | 像一种神秘的力量 |
[15:02] | Anyway, it’s always just been a part of who I am. | 不管怎样 它一直是我的一部分 |
[15:06] | I see. Well, we have your results. | 我懂了 测验结果出来了 |
[15:09] | All right. I don’t know why, I’m a bit nervous. | 好的 不知道为什么 我有点紧张 |
[15:13] | – So, Daphne, from what I see here… – Wait. Uh, wait. | – 所以 Daphne 就我所见 – 等一下 |
[15:19] | I don’t think we should do this. I don’t wanna know. | 我觉得我们不应该这么做 我不想知道了 |
[15:21] | – What do you mean? – I’m sorry. I think this was a bad idea. | – 什么意思 – 很抱歉 我觉得这是个坏主意 |
[15:25] | Well, I thought you wanted scientific proof. | 我以为你想要科学证据 |
[15:27] | I changed my mind. | 我改变主意了 |
[15:29] | I don’t need a stranger telling me anything about who you are. | 我不需要一个陌生人来告诉我你是谁 |
[15:35] | I want us to get to know each other on our own, over time. | 我希望我们自己通过时间来了解彼此 |
[15:41] | I knew you were gonna say that. | 我就知道你会这么说 |
[15:45] | – You did? – No. But I loved hearing it. | – 是吗 – 不是 但是我喜欢听你这么说 |
[15:52] | I’m sorry, Dr. Morey, we’ve wasted your time. | 很抱歉 Morey博士 我们浪费了您的时间 |
[15:55] | It’s okay. | 没关系 |
[15:56] | Dog told me a couple of funny jokes while we were waiting. | 我们等待时小狗给我讲了几个有趣的笑话 |
[16:02] | – I’m kidding. – Oh. | – 我开玩笑的 – 哦 |
[16:05] | They weren’t that funny. | 笑话并不有趣 |
[16:12] | All right, Frasier, let’s start with our last session. | 好的 Frasier 我们开始最后的治疗吧 |
[16:14] | As I recall, | 就我所回忆 |
[16:16] | you were having difficulty getting rid of a certain image in your mind. | 你难以清除脑中的某个画面 |
[16:20] | – That is correct. – Mm-hm. | – 是的 – 嗯 |
[16:21] | Well, perhaps we should confront that. | 也许我们应该直面它 |
[16:24] | Oh, dear Lord. I assumed that was Roz’s. | 我的天 我猜那是Roz的 |
[16:27] | It is. I was at her apartment this morning. | 是的 今早我在她的公寓 |
[16:31] | I started thinking about your issue with the robe, | 我开始想到你关于浴袍的问题 |
[16:33] | and I decided to bring it with me. | 决定带它过来 |
[16:36] | Frasier Now, Frasier, ahem, | |
[16:37] | you consider me a competent psychiatrist, don’t you? | 你认为我是一个出色的心理医生 对吗 |
[16:41] | Of course I do. | 当然 |
[16:43] | Does seeing me dressed like this diminish that? | 看我穿成这样有损那一想法吗 |
[16:45] | No. Of course not. | 当然不会 |
[16:47] | It’s just, well, I know on a conscious level, | 只是 在意识层面上 |
[16:49] | that the garment does not change who you are. | 我知道服装并不能改变你是谁 |
[16:53] | But on an unconscious level, I’m all weirded out. | 但是在无意识层面上 我觉得太诡异了 |
[16:56] | I mean, you’re my mentor and you’re wearing Roz’s robe. | 你是我的导师 你却穿着Roz的浴袍 |
[17:00] | I’m still the same person. | 我还是那个人啊 |
[17:02] | Yes, but it’s Roz’s robe. | 是的 但那是Roz的浴袍啊 |
[17:05] | And what does Roz’s robe signify to you? | 那Roz的浴袍对你来说意味着什么呢 |
[17:09] | – Roz. – Well… | – Roz – 那么 |
[17:12] | Then maybe this isn’t about you and me. | 也许这不是关于你和我了 |
[17:14] | Maybe this is about your relationship with Roz. | 也许是关于你和Roz之间的关系 |
[17:18] | Seeing me dressed like this brings up deep feelings. | 看我穿成这样 唤醒了你内心深处的情感 |
[17:22] | Don’t be afraid of those feelings. Go with them. | 别惧怕这些情感 依从它们吧 |
[17:27] | Ah, Peterson. Here for your makeup test? | Peterson 是来补考的吗 |
[17:30] | I was, but I’ll just take the D. | 本来是的 但我觉得D可以了 |
[17:45] | – Oh, Frasier. – Hi. You got a minute? | – 哦 Frasier – 你有空吗 |
[17:49] | We’re not supposed to be working, are we? | 不是打算工作吧 |
[17:51] | Because I’m kind of busy right now. | 我现在有点忙 |
[17:53] | – It’s not about work. – Oh, come on in. | – 不是关于工作 – 那进来吧 |
[17:56] | – Have a seat. – Thanks. | – 请坐 – 谢谢 |
[18:00] | Listen, uh… | 听着 |
[18:03] | Something’s been troubling me ever since | 自从看见Tewksbury医生穿着你的浴袍 |
[18:04] | I saw Dr. Tewksbury in your robe. | 我一直很困扰 |
[18:06] | And, uh, at first I thought it was about the toppling of a hero. | 起初我以为是因为英雄形象的陨落 |
[18:11] | But I’ve since discovered that it’s really about you. | 但我发现其实是因为你 |
[18:14] | Oh. Let me guess. I’m not good enough for your precious mentor. | 让我猜猜 我配不上你宝贵的导师 |
[18:17] | No, no, that’s not it, Roz. Uh… | 不是 不是那么回事 Roz |
[18:23] | When you were describing what attracted you to Dr. Tewksbury, | 当你描述Tewksbury医生哪里吸引你的时候 |
[18:28] | I couldn’t help thinking that… | 我禁不住想 |
[18:32] | …that very well could have been me. | 那个人本可以是我 |
[18:34] | So? | 所以呢 |
[18:36] | So, Roz, I’ve known you for what, eight years now? | Roz 我们相识八年了吧 |
[18:41] | And in all that time, I’ve seen you date hundreds of men. | 这段时间以来 我见你约会过上百个男人 |
[18:43] | – Careful. – Oh, all right. | – 小心说话 – 好吧 |
[18:45] | Dozens of men. | 几十个男人 |
[18:47] | Yet you never showed any interest in me. | 然而你从未对我表现出任何兴趣 |
[18:49] | Well, except for that one drunken flirtation at the station retreat. | 除了那次电台出差时喝醉后的调情 |
[18:55] | Well, anyway, I just assumed | 我以为是因为 |
[18:56] | that it was because I wasn’t your type. | 我不是你喜欢的类型 |
[19:00] | Then I see you drawn to someone who’s similar to me. | 然后我见到你被与我相似的人吸引 |
[19:05] | – You’re jealous? – Well, no, not jealous. Not exactly. | – 你嫉妒了吗 – 不是 并不确切 |
[19:09] | It’s more along the lines of, uh, | 更像是 |
[19:13] | why everybody else and not me? | 为什么是除了我以外的所有人 |
[19:17] | Frasier, did you ever stop to think | Frasier 你是否想过 |
[19:19] | there may be something special about not being picked? | 没被选中也许有什么特别的意义 |
[19:23] | Roz, that didn’t work when I was cut from pee-wee football, | Roz 我被少年橄榄球队踢出时这句话就没管用 |
[19:24] | it’s not gonna work now. | 现在也不会有用 |
[19:28] | Okay, I’ll be honest with you. | 我实话对你说 |
[19:31] | When we first started working together, | 我们最初一起工作的时候 |
[19:34] | I had a little crush on you. | 我对你有点好感 |
[19:37] | – Really? – Yeah. Sure. | – 真的吗 – 是的 |
[19:39] | I mean, you were handsome and sophisticated, | 你又帅气又干练 |
[19:42] | and you had your French suits and your Italian shoes. | 你穿着法国西服 意大利皮鞋 |
[19:45] | Actually, it was vice versa, but, go on, go on. | 其实是意大利西服法国皮鞋 继续 |
[19:49] | But you were coming off this divorce, and you were my boss, | 但你刚离婚 你是我的老板 |
[19:53] | and the whole thing was just too weird, so I never acted on it. | 整件事太诡异了 所以我从来没有行动 |
[19:58] | And you were right. You were. But… | 你是对的 |
[20:02] | Anyway, it’s nice to know how you felt. | 很高兴知道你是怎么想的 |
[20:04] | – Thanks. – Sure. | – 谢谢 – 客气 |
[20:09] | So just for the record though, you did have the hots for me? | 只是正式问一下 你以前确实喜欢过我吗 |
[20:12] | Yes. Yes. | 是的 |
[20:14] | – You’re not just saying that? – No. | – 不是随口说说而已吧 – 不是 |
[20:15] | All right, all right. | 好的 |
[20:16] | Can you imagine the two of us together? | 你能想象我们两个在一起吗 |
[20:18] | Gosh, no. Ha-ha-ha-ha. | 不能 |
[20:20] | – Strange idea, isn’t it? – Really strange. | – 奇怪的想法 不是吗 – 确实奇怪 |
[20:23] | Gosh, it’s pretty hard to picture, isn’t it? | 太难以想象了 不是吗 |
[20:26] | Of course, it wouldn’t be, you konw, your problem. | 当然 不是你的问题 |
[20:29] | It would be all me. Trust me. All me. | 都是因为我 相信我 是因为我 |
[20:30] | I mean, you’re a perfectly wonderful person. | 你是一个特别出色的人 |
[20:33] | – What are you doing? – I’m just saying how great you are. | – 你在干嘛 – 我只是在说你有多么优秀 |
[20:35] | No, you’re giving me the “It’s not you, it’s me” speech. | 不是 你在说”不是你 是我”那一套 |
[20:37] | If anyone should be giving that speech, | 如果有谁应该说这些话 |
[20:39] | it’s me, not you. | 应该是我 不是你 |
[20:40] | – Whatever you have to tell yourself, Roz. – All right, get out. | – 你就自欺欺人吧 Roz – 得了吧 出去 |
[20:42] | Sounds to me like somebody still has a soft spot | 听起来某人似乎仍旧 |
[20:45] | for the old boss man. | 对老板有一丝柔情 |
[20:46] | Out! | 滚出去 |