时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:16] | I love it when he plays the piano. | 他一弹钢琴我就开心 |
[00:18] | No matter how gloomy it is outside, | 不管外面多阴沉 |
[00:20] | it makes everything seem a little brighter. | 琴声都能让世界变得好一些 |
[00:22] | I feel the same way about bacon. | 我对培根也是这感觉 |
[00:25] | You’re so lucky to be musical. | 真羡慕你有音乐天赋 |
[00:27] | I’d give my right hand | 我愿意用我的右手 |
[00:28] | to be able to play the piano the way you do. | 换你的琴技 |
[00:30] | Hmm, sounds a bit like O. Henry meets Stephen King. | 嗯 听起来像是欧亨利碰上了史蒂芬金 |
[00:33] | But still, if you’re serious, I’d be willing to give you lessons. | 不过你是认真的话 我愿意教你啊 |
[00:36] | I’d love that. | 那太好了 |
[00:38] | I’ve wanted to play ever since I was little, | 我从小就想学钢琴 |
[00:40] | and my family would sing rugby songs after my brothers’ matches. | 我哥比赛结束之后 我们全家都会唱橄榄球歌曲 |
[00:43] | I can still see them all muddied and bloodied, | 我还能想起他们一身血和土 |
[00:46] | belting out songs like “The Old She-Crab” | 大声唱”上年纪的母螃蟹” |
[00:49] | and “I Like a Moose.” | 或者”我爱麋鹿”之类的歌 |
[00:51] | Once, one of Michael’s teeth fell out | 有一次唱”四个老鸨”正唱到一半 |
[00:53] | right in the middle of “Four Old Whores.” | Michael的牙掉下来了 |
[00:57] | Hey, Fras, how was your date last night? | 嘿 Fras 昨晚的约会怎么样 |
[01:00] | I’m having breakfast with you. You do the math. | 我在跟你吃早餐 你觉得呢 |
[01:02] | – Ahem, coffee? – Please, thank you, Niles. | – 嗯 要咖啡吗 – 谢了 Niles |
[01:05] | Well, here’s something that’ll cheer you up. | 说个能让你开心的事儿 |
[01:07] | Eight years ago today I moved in with you. | 八年前的今天 我搬进来和你住了 |
[01:10] | – Eight years, are you sure? – This is quite an anniversary. | – 八年啊 你确定吗 – 这可是个大日子 |
[01:14] | You weren’t even with Lilith for eight years. | 你跟Lilith在一起都没八年 |
[01:16] | Please, Niles, I hardly think it’s the same thing. | 得了吧 Niles 这根本是两码事 |
[01:18] | It’s not that different. If you were a woman, | 其实没什么区别 如果你是个女人 |
[01:20] | you’d be his common-law wife by now. | 你就是他没名分的老婆了 |
[01:22] | Oh, well, now I don’t think that’s… | 噢 我可不觉得那 |
[01:23] | And think about this. | 而且 |
[01:24] | If that date had been the perfect woman, | 就算那个女人是你的灵魂伴侣 |
[01:27] | you’d still have to be with her nine years before you overtook him. | 她也得花九年才能超过他 |
[01:30] | Yes, and actually, if you add the 18 years | 如果你算上 |
[01:33] | he spent at home prior to college, | 他读大学前在家待了18年 |
[01:34] | well, they’ve been together 26 years. | 嗯 他们在一起已经26年了 |
[01:37] | So we just missed our silver anniversary? | 所以我们错过了银婚纪念日吗 |
[01:39] | – All right. – Yes, but good news, | – 够了 – 对 但好消息是 |
[01:41] | your 30th is pearl. | 30年就是珍珠婚了 |
[01:43] | Well, I think it’s a remarkable accomplishment. | 我觉得这是个了不起的成就 |
[01:46] | Happy anniversary, Dr. And Mr. Crane. | 纪念日快乐 Crane医生和Crane先生 |
[01:49] | – Yes, here, here. – Ha, ha. | – 嗯 干杯干杯 – 哈 哈 |
[01:51] | Oh, here. | 噢 干杯 |
[01:55] | I’m so sorry it didn’t work out with Lucy last night. | 真遗憾昨晚你跟Lucy的约会没成 |
[01:58] | But don’t worry. I have tons of other friends better than her. | 不够别担心 我还有一大堆比她强的朋友 |
[02:02] | Well, | 哼 |
[02:04] | thanks for starting at the bottom and working your way up. | 谢谢你先从最差的开始啊 |
[02:07] | – Hey, Roz. Dr. Crane. – Oh. | – 嘿 Roz Crane医生 – 噢 |
[02:09] | – Hi, Daph. Hello, Dad. – Oh, hey, Daphne. | – 嗨 Daph 好啊 老爸 – 噢 嘿 Daphne |
[02:12] | What, are you taking piano lessons? | 哟 你开始学钢琴了吗 |
[02:13] | Yeah, Niles is gonna teach me. | 对 Niles要教我 |
[02:15] | I’m so jealous. I’ve always wanted to learn to play. | 真羡慕你 我一直都想学来着 |
[02:18] | – Well, why don’t you sit in with us? – Really? | – 那你干嘛不跟我一起学 – 真的吗 |
[02:20] | – Well, do you think Niles would mind? – Of course not. | – 你觉得Niles会介意吗 – 当然不会 |
[02:23] | And even if he does, he’s so polite you’ll never know. | 他那么讲究礼节的人 就算介意你也不会知道的 |
[02:26] | Hi. I’d like to tell you about our new frozen coffee drink, | 嗨 我想介绍新的咖啡冻饮 |
[02:29] | The Caffalanche. | 咖雪啡崩 |
[02:30] | It comes in three flavours. | 有三种口味 |
[02:31] | Frosty Coffee, So Cocoa-Cold | 冰霜咖啡 冻死人椰子 |
[02:35] | and Chilla-in-Vanilla. | 还有寒冷香草 |
[02:38] | I’ll try the So Cocoa-Cold. | 我要一杯冻死人椰子 |
[02:40] | Uh, black coffee, thanks. | 呃 黑咖啡 谢谢 |
[02:43] | – I hate what’s happened to coffee. – Dad. | – 我恨死现在这些咖啡店了 – 老爸 |
[02:45] | Well, I’m just saying, I’m a regular joe, | 我只是说 我是个普通人 |
[02:47] | – I like my joe regular. – I like my joe regular. I know. | – 我就喜欢普通咖啡 – 我就喜欢普通咖啡 我知道 |
[02:50] | What’s wrong with plain, old coffee, the way God made it? | 上帝造的普通咖啡有什么问题吗 |
[02:53] | Nothing. | 没有 |
[02:54] | What is wrong, is subjecting me to the same shopworn bellyaching | 有问题的是你每次来这 |
[02:57] | every time you come in here. | 都要让我听一模一样的牢骚 |
[02:59] | Well, excuse me for having an opinion you don’t agree with. | 哼 对不起 我居然敢有跟你不一样的观点 |
[03:02] | I thought this was America. | 我以为这里是美国呢 |
[03:04] | Oh, look, it is. | 就是美国诶 |
[03:07] | I’m gonna get my coffee to go. | 我要把咖啡外带走 |
[03:11] | That was a bit harsh, Dr. Crane. | 过了点吧 Crane医生 |
[03:13] | It has been eight years of the same complaints | 八年了 一样的牢骚 |
[03:14] | about the same things in the same places. | 一样的事情 一样的地方 |
[03:16] | And I’ll say, sometimes I think he does it just to antagonize me. | 有时候我觉得他就是故意要气我 |
[03:19] | Just like an old married couple. | 简直跟老夫老妻一样 |
[03:23] | It’s cute, isn’t it? | 挺萌的 是吧 |
[03:24] | Well, I got my black coffee. | 我拿到我的黑咖啡了 |
[03:26] | Of course, it was more expensive than a whole meal used to be. | 现在一杯咖啡比原来一餐饭还贵 |
[03:28] | Time was, you could get two eggs, potatoes, | 以前啊 你拿五分钱 就能买两个鸡蛋 土豆 |
[03:31] | choice of breakfast meat… | 再选一种培根 香肠或者肉饼 |
[03:32] | And still get change back from the nickel. | 还会给你找零呢 |
[03:36] | Will you just take your coffee. | 赶紧喝你的咖啡吧 |
[03:38] | See how he talks to me? | 看见他怎么跟我说话了吧 |
[03:40] | – And on our anniversary too. – Oh. | – 连我们的纪念日也这样 – 呃 |
[03:46] | Now, I want you to position your hands over the keyboard. | 现在 把手放在键盘上 |
[03:49] | Fingers relaxed, elbows loose. Good. | 放松手指 放松手肘 不错 |
[03:53] | Okay, and shoulders low. Good, good. How are we doing? | 好的 放低肩膀 不错不错 感觉怎么样 |
[03:55] | – Fine. – Okay, I guess. | – 挺好的 – 还行 |
[03:57] | Good, good. | 很好 很棒 |
[03:58] | When do we get to press on the keys? | 我们什么时候才能开始弹琴 |
[03:59] | Whoa, whoa. We have a lot to learn first. | 喔 喔 我们有很多要学的 |
[04:03] | It could be weeks before we press down on the keys. | 有可能几周之后才开始弹 |
[04:05] | I want to play a song. | 我想弹首歌 |
[04:06] | Yeah, isn’t that why we’re here? | 对啊 我们就是为了弹琴来的 |
[04:08] | Well, all in due time. Here, wait. | 嗯 早晚会弹的 等会儿 |
[04:10] | Just watch my hands while I play a scale. Watch this. | 我弹音阶的时候注意看我的手 仔细看 |
[04:15] | Pardon me, Niles, there was a television programme I planned on watching. | 不好意思 Niles 我准备看个节目 |
[04:19] | Oh, of course. Uh, we’ll continue the lesson in Daphne’s room. | 噢 没问题 我们去Daphne屋里上课 |
[04:22] | How can we learn without a piano? | 没钢琴用什么学 |
[04:24] | With these workbooks and a box of adhesive stars. | 用这些册子和小星星贴纸 |
[04:34] | Brr, that guy sure looks cold. | 呃呃呃 那家伙肯定冷死了 |
[04:38] | What are we watching? | 在看啥呢 |
[04:40] | I’m watching Lost on a Mountain. | 我在看<迷失山中> |
[04:44] | Ah… | 啊 |
[04:49] | Is that the mountain? | 这就是那座山吗 |
[04:52] | Yes. | 对 |
[04:55] | Well, they sure don’t look lost. | 他们看起来可不像迷路了 |
[04:59] | That’s the search party. | 那个是搜救队 |
[05:01] | Oh. | 噢 |
[05:05] | So who’s lost? | 那是谁搞不清路线了 |
[05:06] | Apparently you are. | 很明显是你 |
[05:09] | If you don’t stop interrupting, I will be too. | 你要是继续闹的话 我也要搞不清了 |
[05:36] | Pretzel? | 椒盐饼要不要 |
[05:42] | – Do you mind? – I’m sorry. | – 能别折腾了吗 – 对不起 |
[06:19] | Oh, that’s it, Dad! | 够了 老爸 |
[06:21] | Is there nothing you do that doesn’t create some cacophony? | 你除了制造噪音以外还能干点别的吗 |
[06:23] | Well, I didn’t do it on purpose. I was trying to be considerate. | 我又不是故意的 我是怕打扰你 |
[06:26] | If you were considering, you would have oiled that chair | 你要是怕打扰的我话 那椅子五年前开始响的时候 |
[06:28] | when it began squeaking five years ago. | 你就应该给它上油了 |
[06:30] | Boy, I don’t know what’s got into you | 臭小子 我不知道你怎么了 |
[06:31] | but you’ve been a real jerk lately. | 但是你最近真混球 |
[06:33] | You should watch TV somewhere else. | 你应该滚去其他地方看电视 |
[06:36] | I should go elsewhere? I? | 我应该滚 我吗 |
[06:39] | Just what do you suggest? | 你的建议是什么 |
[06:40] | That I find, uh, a documentary bar | 我找一个专门放纪录片的酒吧 |
[06:42] | and watch it on their big screen? | 在他们的大电视上看吗 |
[06:45] | You know what? I am, I’m just going to go take a walk, alright? | 你够了 我去散个步 满意了吧 |
[06:47] | Leave you with the television. | 你自己一个人看吧 |
[06:49] | You enjoy yourself. Good day. | 好好享受 祝你愉快 |
[06:58] | I wish you would stop hanging your coat on my peg! | 什么时候你才能不把外套挂在我的衣帽钩上 |
[07:04] | – Dad? – Down here. | – 老爸 – 在这呢 |
[07:06] | Oh, my God, Dad. | 我的天 老爸 |
[07:10] | Oh, I thought you’d capsized. | 噢 我以为你翻过去了呢 |
[07:11] | No, I was oiling my chair. | 不是 我在给椅子上油 |
[07:14] | The squeaking was bugging Frasier. | 这个吱吱声让Frasier不爽 |
[07:18] | The carpet is a whole shade lighter under there. | 地毯原来是这个颜色啊 |
[07:20] | Oh. Except for those little black dots you just made. | 噢 除了你刚才滴上去的油以外 |
[07:23] | Oh, shoot. | 噢 糟了 |
[07:24] | – I better get a towel. – No, I’ll get it. | – 我去拿毛巾 – 我去拿吧 |
[07:26] | No, it’s all right. I’ll get it. Oh! | 不用 没事儿 我去就行 |
[07:29] | – Oh my god. – I’ll get something to pick up the grease and clean it up. | – 我的天 – 啊 我去拿东西来清理干净 |
[07:32] | Oh, my God. | 我的天 |
[07:35] | What the hell’s happened? | 这特么是什么情况 |
[07:36] | Now, don’t get upset. I was oiling my chair, | 别生气 我本来在给椅子上油 |
[07:39] | trying to get rid of the squeak, and I had a little spill. | 把那个吱吱声弄好 结果不小心洒了一小点 |
[07:41] | Little spill? I just had this carpet cleaned! | 这叫一小点 我刚把地毯清理过 |
[07:43] | – I’m sorry, it was an accident. – Sure, Dad. It was an accident. | – 对不起 是个意外 – 当然是个”意外” |
[07:47] | It was an accident. I saw him step on it. | 真是个意外 我看见他踩到油瓶的 |
[07:49] | Niles, you know as well as I do, there are no accidents. | Niles 你跟我一样清楚 根本没有什么意外 |
[07:52] | Just admit it, Dad. | 承认吧 老爸 |
[07:53] | Your latent hostility toward me has been building through the years, | 你这些年一点一点积攒 |
[07:56] | little by little, | 对我的怨念 |
[07:57] | until you have finally struck the Achilles’ heel of my decor, | 今天你终于发泄在了我家的阿喀琉斯之踝 |
[08:01] | the Berber carpet. | 我的柏柏尔地毯 |
[08:03] | I did not do this on purpose. | 我不是故意的 |
[08:05] | No? Then I suggest you dig deep into the twisted caves | 真的吗 那我建议你好好检查一下 |
[08:10] | of your subconscious, | 你的潜意识深处 |
[08:11] | where malicious acts abide, | 藏着的全是包裹在借口下的 |
[08:13] | clothed in the robes of plausible excuses! | 恶毒行径 |
[08:15] | For the last time, this was not malicious! | 我最后说一次 我不是故意的 |
[08:18] | It was an accident! | 这是个意外 |
[08:19] | – I don’t think you know the difference! – Yes, I do! | – 我不觉得你知道这两者的区别 – 我知道 |
[08:22] | That was an accident! | 那是个意外 |
[08:23] | This is malicious! | 这才是故意的 |
[08:33] | What colour is the new carpet? | 新地毯是什么颜色 |
[08:35] | I’m going up a shade to harvest wheat. | 我要了个更深一级的颜色 熟麦色 |
[08:40] | I thought the next shade up was buff. | 更深一级的不是浅黄色吗 |
[08:42] | It used to be but they’ve discovered a whole new colour in between. | 原来是的 但是他们在中间又发现了一种新颜色 |
[08:47] | So now it’s tofu, putty, oatmeal, | 所以现在是 豆腐色 浅灰褐 浅棕色 |
[08:50] | – almond, – almond, | – 杏仁色 – 杏仁色 |
[08:51] | – harvest wheat, – harvest wheat, | – 熟麦色 – 熟麦色 |
[08:53] | – and buff. – Buff. | – 然后浅黄色 – 浅黄色 |
[08:56] | That’s going to be hard to get used to. | 得花点时间才能习惯呢 |
[08:58] | Hmm. | 嗯哼 |
[09:00] | Where’s Daphne? | Daphne 去哪儿了 |
[09:01] | Oh, she’s out taking a walk with Dad. | 噢 她跟老爸散步去了 |
[09:03] | An extra-long walk. | 加长版的散步 |
[09:05] | Things have been a little tense around here | 那次”意外”之后 |
[09:07] | since the quote-unquote accident. | 家里气氛比较紧张 |
[09:09] | It was an accident. | 那就是个意外 |
[09:11] | Well, maybe. | 嗯 也许吧 |
[09:13] | But don’t you think the man should work | 但是你不觉得他应该 |
[09:14] | on some of his unresolved anger toward me? | 消解一下对我的愤怒吗 |
[09:17] | If you’re asking me to choose sides, | 如果你是要让我选边站的话 |
[09:19] | I’m not going to do it. | 我才不干这事儿 |
[09:21] | The man just brings such hostility into the room. | 他真是给家里带来了满满的敌意 |
[09:28] | Thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[09:30] | You know, I’ve been thinking of, uh, | 你知道吗 我之前想过 呃 |
[09:33] | sending him someplace. | 把他送到别的地方去 |
[09:35] | Like to a resort? | 比如度假村吗 |
[09:36] | Like to live with you. | 比如你家 |
[09:39] | Oh, yes, the last resort. | 对 最后的阵地 |
[09:43] | Making Dad move does not solve your problem, | 让老爸搬走又不能解决你的问题 |
[09:45] | it simply avoids it. | 只是逃避而已 |
[09:46] | Don’t start preaching to me about avoiding him. | 别跟我说逃避什么的 |
[09:47] | You’ve been avoiding him eight years. | 你躲他都躲了八年了 |
[09:49] | – I refuse to discuss this. – And I refuse your refusal. | – 我拒绝讨论这个 – 我拒绝你的拒绝 |
[09:52] | Is something burning? | 什么东西烧糊了吗 |
[09:55] | – It smells like it. – Are you cooking? | – 我闻到了 – 你在做菜吗 |
[09:57] | And what is that supposed to mean? | 你几个意思 |
[10:00] | Oh, dear God, the chair! | 噢 我的天 椅子 |
[10:02] | Oh, my God! Oh, here, Niles, Niles, hand me this drop cloth here. | 我的天 Niles Niles 把那个罩单给我 |
[10:05] | – I’ll smother it. – All right, all right now, be careful, be careful. | – 我要把火扑灭 – 好好好 小心点 |
[10:07] | – Quickly, quickly. – Yeah, all right. Just… | – 快快快 – 好好好 只要这 |
[10:09] | – Oh, look out below! – Look out! | – 噢 楼下的注意啊 – 小心啊 |
[10:11] | My God! | 我的天 |
[10:12] | Dr. Crane’s moods never last long. I’m sure we’ve seen the worst of it. | Crane医生每次闹情绪时间都不长 我觉得他已经没事儿了 |
[10:25] | – What do we do? What do we say? – All right, calm down. | – 我们怎么办 我们怎么说 – 好了 冷静一点 |
[10:27] | The important thing is it didn’t hit anyone. | 重要的是没人受伤 |
[10:28] | Yes, at least we have that. But how do we explain this? | 对 至少这是好事儿 但我们怎么跟他们解释 |
[10:31] | We just tell them what happened | 我们就尽可能清晰理智地 |
[10:32] | as clearly and rationally as possible. | 告诉他们这事儿发生的过程 |
[10:34] | Right, right. Rational. | 对对对 理智 |
[10:36] | Oh, my God, did you feel that earthquake? | 我的天 刚才地震你感觉到了吗 |
[10:40] | What the hell happened? | 特么刚才那是什么鬼 |
[10:41] | – Where’s Daphne? – She’s down cleaning up the mess! | – Daphne在哪儿 – 她在下面收拾垃圾 |
[10:45] | Dad, I can explain. | 老爸 你听我解释 |
[10:46] | You threw my chair off the balcony? | 你居然把我的椅子从阳台上扔出去 |
[10:48] | I’m so sorry. Just hear me out. | 我真的对不起 听我解释 |
[10:50] | – You crazy? – I didn’t mean to. | – 你疯了吗 – 我不是故意的 |
[10:52] | Forget what it means to me, you could’ve killed someone. | 我就不说了 你可能伤着其他人啊 |
[10:54] | – It was an accident! – You said there are no accidents! | – 那是个意外 – 你说过根本没有什么意外 |
[10:59] | Clearly I was wrong. | 我明显错了 |
[11:00] | I mean, why on earth would I do such a thing? | 不然我怎么可能做这种事儿 |
[11:02] | Because you’ve always been gunning for that chair. | 因为你一直都不喜欢那个椅子 |
[11:08] | I accidentally stain your carpet | 我不小心弄脏了你的地毯 |
[11:11] | and you set fire to the one thing in this apartment I care about | 你就把这房子里我唯一在意的东西 |
[11:14] | and heave it out into the street! | 点燃了扔到街上去 |
[11:18] | Dad, I am so sorry. I didn’t mean to. | 老爸 对不起 我不是故意的 |
[11:20] | Please, forgive me. | 求你了 原谅我 |
[11:22] | – I’ll buy you another chair. – Ah, don’t do me any favours. | – 我再给你买个椅子 – 我才不要 |
[11:24] | Please, Dad. | 求你了 老爸 |
[11:25] | I know you’re angry right now and that’s normal. | 我知道你现在很生气 这很合理 |
[11:28] | I’ll tell you what, the healthiest thing you can do right now… | 现在你能做的最安全的 |
[11:29] | Wanna know the healthiest thing you can do? | 你知道你能做的最安全的事情是什么吗 |
[11:32] | Shut my yap? | 闭上我的嘴吗 |
[11:33] | Bingo! | 对头 |
[11:40] | Yes. Yes. | 对 对 |
[11:42] | Yes. No. | 对 错 |
[11:45] | I don’t like this exercise. | 我不喜欢这个练习曲 |
[11:46] | – It’s too hard. – No, no, no, you’re doing fine. | – 太难了 – 不不不 你弹得挺好的 |
[11:48] | You just have to loosen up. I’ll show you. | 你只需要放松一点 我给你演示一下 |
[11:51] | See? It’s just a little finger exercise. | 看见了吧 就是简单的指法练习 |
[11:54] | – I know another little finger exercise. – Ha, ha. | – 我知道另一种指法”练习”哦 – 哼 哼哼 |
[11:58] | Daphne, you’re not paying attention. | Daphne 你要集中注意力 |
[12:00] | Oh, yes, I am. | 噢 我集中着呢 |
[12:02] | Why don’t we just cancel the lesson and spend the day together? | 要不然我们把课取消了好好待一天吧 |
[12:05] | What kind of teacher would I be if I did that? | 那我成什么老师了 |
[12:08] | Oh, that’s right. You’re the teacher | 噢 对 你是老师 |
[12:11] | and I’m the naughty student who wouldn’t do her homework. | 我是那个不做作业的淘气学生 |
[12:23] | Oh, that’ll be Roz. | 噢 是Roz |
[12:29] | Could you get that? | 你能去开下门吗 |
[12:38] | – Hey, Roz. – Hey, Daphne. | – 嘿 Roz – 嘿 Daphne |
[12:39] | Hey, Roz. How’d it go this week? | 嘿 Roz 这周怎么样 |
[12:44] | Okay, I guess. | 还行吧我觉得 |
[12:47] | – But those exercises aren’t easy. – See? | – 但是那些练习曲可不简单 – 听见了吧 |
[12:51] | All right, look, if I’m going too fast, | 好了 要是我教得太快的话 |
[12:52] | we’ll make some adjustments. | 我们就调整一下 |
[12:53] | I guess just do the best you can. | 尽力弹就好 |
[13:06] | That’s great! | 弹得太好了 |
[13:08] | All right, do it again. | 好 再弹一遍 |
[13:16] | You see, Daphne, that’s a song. | 你看 Daphne 这就是首歌了 |
[13:18] | You said we weren’t going to be playing songs. | 你不是说我们不弹歌的吗 |
[13:20] | Wait, wait, now go down. | 等等 降一个调 |
[13:24] | Yes, good. | 对 好 |
[13:26] | Oh, my God, this is so cool. | 我的天 这简直太炫酷了 |
[13:29] | I want to play a song. | 我也想弹首歌 |
[13:31] | Well… | 呃 |
[13:32] | And you will, Daphne, as soon as you master your exercises. | 你会的 Daphne 你把练习曲弹好了就可以弹歌了 |
[13:35] | You know, why don’t you try playing along on your practise pad? | 你先在你的练习板上弹弹吧 |
[13:48] | Oh, shoot. | 噢 你妹 |
[13:55] | Hello, Niles. | 好啊 Niles |
[13:57] | Hey, Dad. Um, taking Eddie for a walk? | 嘿 老爸 带Eddie出来遛遛吗 |
[13:59] | Yeah, I was afraid if I left him home, | 对 我怕要是把它留在家 |
[14:01] | Frasier would set him on fire and throw him off the balcony. | Frasier会把它点燃了之后从阳台扔出去 |
[14:07] | You see what I’m putting up with? | 你看见了吧 |
[14:08] | – Are you gonna let this go on forever? – Me? | – 你就准备一直这样下去吗 – 我 |
[14:11] | He keeps insisting I was lashing out deliberately, | 他坚持说我是故意的 |
[14:13] | which I was not, although God knows it would’ve been justified. | 我不是故意的 虽然他罪有应得 |
[14:16] | What, because of the oil? | 啥 就因为他把油洒了吗 |
[14:19] | This is a lot deeper and a lot darker than oil and you know it. | 这可比把油打翻严重得多 你知道的 |
[14:22] | The man will not get off my back. | 他什么时候都要招惹我 |
[14:25] | Seems to me you’ve been giving as good as you’ve been getting. | 你不是也什么时候都在招惹他吗 |
[14:27] | Please. Ever since our so-called anniversary, | 得了吧 那个所谓的纪念日之后 |
[14:29] | – he keeps insisting on… – Whoa, whoa, | – 他就坚持要 – 喔喔喔 |
[14:31] | what does your anniversary have to do with this? | 纪念日跟这个有什么关系 |
[14:36] | I guess it just set me off. | 我估计那事儿让我爆发了 |
[14:39] | It was as though everyone was | 就像所有人都告诉我 |
[14:40] | saying that the only significant relationship | 我这辈子唯一有意义的关系 |
[14:42] | I’ll ever have again is with my father. | 就是跟我老爸 |
[14:45] | So you’re not mad at Dad. | 所以你不是生老爸的气 |
[14:47] | You’re just mad he isn’t a woman. | 你只是气他不是个女人 |
[14:51] | Well, I got my coffee. Nothing fancy. | 嗯 我买完了 就是普通咖啡 |
[14:54] | But if you don’t like it, you’re welcome to set it on fire | 但是你要是不喜欢的话 欢迎你把它点燃了之后 |
[14:56] | and throw it off the balcony. | 从阳台扔出去 |
[14:58] | – Bye, Niles. – No, wait, Dad. | – 拜 Niles – 不 等等 老爸 |
[15:00] | Frasier just said something very interesting to me… | Frasier刚刚跟我说件很有意思的事儿 |
[15:03] | – Niles. – I think you should hear. | – Niles – 我觉得你应该听听 |
[15:04] | – Niles. – Please, let me help you through this. | – Niles – 求你了 让我帮你解决这事儿 |
[15:07] | Don’t forget, I’ve done my share of couples counselling. | 别忘了 我做过不少婚姻咨询 |
[15:09] | We are not a couple! | 我们不是夫妻 |
[15:11] | I’m sorry, I only meant that I am an experienced mediator. | 对不起 我的意思是 我是个有经验的调解人 |
[15:17] | Now, Frasier, tell Dad what you were just telling me. | Frasier 告诉老爸你刚才跟我说了什么 |
[15:23] | All right. | 好吧 |
[15:27] | I think… | 我觉得 |
[15:30] | …that anniversary talk… | 关于纪念日的那番话 |
[15:33] | …stirred up some issues for me. | 激起了我的一些情绪 |
[15:36] | That our relationship is the only one I’ll ever have. | 让我觉得我唯一能维持的关系 就是跟你 |
[15:42] | That for all intents and purposes, you are my significant other. | 从任何一个角度来看 你就是我的另一半 |
[15:51] | – And that’s my fault? – I didn’t say it was your fault, Dad. | – 那是我的错咯 – 我没说是你的错 老爸 |
[15:54] | You think it’s a picnic living with you? | 你以为跟你住在一起很轻松吗 |
[15:55] | It’s not exactly my dream either, you know. | 我也不喜欢的好吧 |
[15:57] | Okay, no, wait, wait, wait, honesty. This is good. | 好 不 冷静一下 都说实话了 这很好 |
[16:00] | I’m just saying I’ve had a bit of a breakthrough. | 我的意思是 我解开了一些心结 |
[16:02] | Dandy! You’ve had a breakthrough, I’ve lost my chair. | 妈呀 你解开了心结 我丢了我的椅子 |
[16:05] | Maybe I could sit on your breakthrough. | 那我拿你的心结来坐坐好不好 |
[16:08] | I’ll tell you what you can sit on! | 让我告诉你你能坐在什么上面 |
[16:09] | Okay, okay, okay. Wait, wait, wait, let’s just keep this constructive. | 冷静 说一些有建设性的意见 |
[16:13] | If you’re going to make progress, | 如果你们想解决问题 |
[16:14] | you’re both going to have to compromise. | 那你们都得做出一些妥协 |
[16:17] | Now, which one of you is willing to take the first step? | 现在 你们谁想先迈出第一步 |
[16:24] | Allow me. | 我来 |
[16:33] | You do this for a living, do you? | 你靠干这个吃饭是吧 |
[16:36] | I do it because I enjoy working with people! | 我干这个因为我喜欢跟人共事 |
[16:43] | Niles, I’ve been thinking. | Niles 我想了想 |
[16:44] | Maybe you and Roz should continue without me. | 也许你应该继续教Roz 我就算了 |
[16:46] | – Why would we do that? – Because she’s good. | – 为什么 – 因为她很有天赋啊 |
[16:48] | – Just a second… – No, no, no, don’t worry about me. | – 等等 – 不不不 不用担心我 |
[16:51] | I’ll find something easier to play, like a stick. | 我会找个简单点的乐器 比如木棍 |
[16:56] | Daphne, I’m not gonna let you quit. | Daphne 我不会让你放弃的 |
[16:58] | You’re just a slow starter. | 你只是起步慢一些 |
[17:00] | It may require a little more time but you’ll improve. | 或许要多花一些时间练习 但你肯定会进步的 |
[17:03] | – You really think so? – You have to trust me. | – 你真的这么想吗 – 你要相信我 |
[17:06] | I don’t care how long it takes. | 不论花多长时间 |
[17:07] | I am going to make a pianist out of you. | 我都会把你培养成钢琴家的 |
[17:10] | Thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[17:12] | You know, you’re much nicer than my old piano teacher. | 你知道吗 你比我以前的钢琴老师和善多了 |
[17:17] | – You took lessons before? – Hmm? Oh, yeah. | – 你之前上过钢琴课吗 – 是啊 |
[17:20] | Eight years of them. | 学了八年呢 |
[17:26] | Mr. Cruikshank. | 他叫Cruikshank |
[17:27] | You know, he once played at the Royal Albert Hall. | 他曾经在皇家阿尔伯特音乐厅演奏过 |
[17:30] | Oh, why did you stop taking the lessons, honey? | 噢 那你怎么不继续跟他学呢 亲爱的 |
[17:32] | Well, it turns out Mr. Cruikshank was an unstable man. | 结果发现 Cruikshank先生精神不太稳定 |
[17:36] | He took his own life. | 他自杀了 |
[17:41] | Do you know I was the last person to see him alive? | 我是他生前见过的最后一个人 |
[17:48] | Dad, Frasier’s here. | 老爸 Frasier回家了 |
[17:53] | What’s this? | 这是啥 |
[17:55] | It’s something I got to tell you I’m sorry for being such a sorehead. | 我想用这个跟你说”对不起我这么爱发牢骚” |
[18:02] | Oh, Dad. I’m overwhelmed. | 噢 老爸 我太感动了 |
[18:05] | Tied the bow myself. | 这个结是我自己打的 |
[18:07] | Just… Just pull on it. It’ll come right off. | 一拉就打开了 |
[18:10] | Yeah? All right. | 是吗 好的 |
[18:18] | Oh, how… How unexpected. | 噢 简 简 简直没想到啊 |
[18:22] | You don’t like it. | 你不喜欢 |
[18:23] | No, no, I do. It, it’s just that… | 不不 我喜欢 只是 |
[18:25] | I got some guy, Eduardo, to help me. | 我找了个叫Eduardo的家伙帮我 |
[18:28] | I figured I couldn’t miss. | 我以为你肯定会喜欢呢 |
[18:30] | It’s divine. | 简直是件艺术品 |
[18:32] | That’s what Eduardo said. | Eduardo也是这么说的 |
[18:37] | There’s just one problem. | 就是有个小问题 |
[18:40] | If you don’t like it… | 如果你不喜欢的话 |
[18:41] | I know, I can set it on fire and throw it over the balcony. | 我知道 我可以把它点燃了然后从阳台扔出去 |
[18:46] | No, I just meant you can take it back. | 不 我是说你可以把它退了 |
[18:47] | I want you to be happy. | 我想让你开心 |
[18:48] | Frasier, this is a wonderful gesture on Dad’s part. | Frasier 老爸这可是很有诚意的 |
[18:51] | I do too, Niles. I do. I’m… I’m very touched, Dad. | 我知道 Niles 我知道 我 我很感动 老爸 |
[18:54] | Thank you. Thank you so much. | 谢谢你 太谢谢你了 |
[18:57] | It’s just that I had something else in mind. Uh… | 只是我有另一个想法 呃 |
[19:04] | Well, I give up. Try to do a nice thing… | 我放弃了 本来想干件好事儿 |
[19:06] | – Frasier, what is the matter with you? – Just… | – Frasier 你脑子是有什么问题 – 等 |
[19:08] | Ah, good. Gentlemen, come right in, please. | 噢 太好了 先生们 请进 请 |
[19:11] | Uh, just set it right over here. | 啊 放在这里就好了 |
[19:14] | You bought a chair? Thanks for telling me. | 你买了把椅子 怎么不告诉我 |
[19:17] | Give me a chance. I think you’ll be pleasantly surprised. | 给我个机会 我觉得你会喜欢的 |
[19:20] | – I need somebody to sign for this. – Yes, of course. | – 我需要有人签收一下 – 没问题 |
[19:22] | In just a moment, please. Could you wait at the door? | 马上 麻烦你能在门边等我一下吗 |
[19:24] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[19:26] | Everyone, I would like to introduce you to the newest member | 所有人 我想向你们介绍 |
[19:30] | of our furniture family. | 家具家庭的新成员 |
[19:37] | Where did you find this? | 你从哪儿找到的 |
[19:40] | You can’t find that, Dad. It doesn’t exist anymore… | 找不着的 老爸 不是之前那把椅子了 |
[19:45] | …which is why I contacted a master builder, | 我找了一个家具大师 |
[19:47] | showed him some photographs and had him duplicate it. | 给他看了一些照片 让他复制了一个 |
[19:50] | As for the material, I tracked down the original manufacturer | 至于材料 我找到了原来的供应商 |
[19:53] | and once I got them to admit they made it, | 我让他们承认确实是他们生产的材料之后 |
[19:54] | I had them reweave it. | 又让他们做了一批 |
[19:58] | – It must have cost a fortune. – Yes. | – 肯定花了一大笔钱 – 对 |
[20:01] | Ironically, this is now the most expensive piece of furniture | 讽刺的是 这把椅子现在是整个家里 |
[20:04] | in the entire apartment. | 最贵的家具 |
[20:06] | Oh, it’s beautiful! Thank you, son. | 噢 太漂亮了 谢谢你 儿子 |
[20:09] | – Well done, Frasier. – Oh, it feels just the same. | – 干得好 Frasier – 噢 跟原来的一模一样 |
[20:13] | I don’t want to get up. | 我不想起来了 |
[20:14] | Well, that’s a shame, | 噢 那太可惜了 |
[20:14] | because I was planning on taking us both out to dinner, Dad. | 我本来计划晚上一块儿去吃饭的 老爸 |
[20:17] | – Anywhere you’d like. – Even the steak house? | – 你想去哪儿都行 – 牛排店也可以吗 |
[20:19] | Even the steak house. | 牛排店也可以 |
[20:22] | Niles, Daphne, you’re welcome to join us. | Niles Daphne 你们愿意的话可以一起来 |
[20:23] | Oh, sorry but we’re in the middle of my piano… | 噢 对不起 我们钢琴课才上到一半 |
[20:26] | We’d love to. | 我们当然愿意 |
[20:29] | You know, I’ll bet we can get free pie | 如果我们说这是我们的纪念日 |
[20:32] | if we just tell them it’s our anniversary. | 我打赌我们能得个免费的派 |