时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:08] | Welcome back, Seattle. | 西雅图 欢迎回来 |
[00:10] | Thank you for joining us in celebrating this, our 2000th show. | 感谢你与我们一起庆祝第2000场节目 |
[00:14] | Hard to believe, isn’t it, roz? | 真不敢相信啊 是不是Roz |
[00:16] | No, that feels just about right. | 不 感觉是有那么久了 |
[00:17] | Ah, yes, well, what a festive day this is. | 啊好吧 今天简直太美好了 |
[00:21] | No stop has been unpulled. | 势不可挡 |
[00:23] | I would like to take this opportunity | 我想借此机会 |
[00:25] | to acknowledge the anniversary luncheon spread | 感谢朋友们在森何塞冯餐厅提供的 |
[00:28] | provided by our friends at Seior Jose Phong, | 纪念日午宴 |
[00:32] | home of the sweet and sour taco. | 美味的甜酸玉米卷 |
[00:34] | And don’t forget, a little later, | 别忘了 稍后 |
[00:36] | we’ll have Microsoft Chairman Bill Gates live in studio | 微软董事长比尔盖茨将会加入直播间 |
[00:40] | to congratulate me on my 2000th show. | 来庆祝第2000场节目 |
[00:43] | Apparently, I hear through the grapevine, | 据小道消息 |
[00:45] | he is a big fan. | 他可是大粉丝呢 |
[00:49] | Roz, what do we have next? | Roz 接下来到什么了 |
[00:50] | It’s time for another blooper. | 到了下一个乌龙时刻了 |
[00:52] | Oh, well, I believe we’re up to number four | 下面是由听众朋友投票选出的 |
[00:56] | as voted by you, the listeners. | 第四大乌龙 |
[00:59] | Here’s what happened when a certain producer | 接下来是某一个制作人 |
[01:03] | didn’t realise her microphone was on during the show. | 没有发现麦克风还开着时发生的对话 |
[01:09] | Now what the **** is this? | 这特么是什么 |
[01:11] | You call this a ******* paycheque? | 你他妈管这个叫工资单 |
[01:13] | How the **** am I supposed to live on this ****? | 我他妈靠着这玩意儿怎么活 |
[01:16] | I’m gonna have a little word with that ***damn station manager | 我得找那操蛋的电台经理好好聊聊 |
[01:19] | walking around here like he owns the mother****ing place. | 总是晃晃悠悠的 以为自己是老几 |
[01:22] | I can’t believe that wasn’t voted number one. | 这居然没评为第一呀 |
[01:24] | Oh, ha, ladies and gentlemen, it’s our station manager, | 哈 女士们先生们 这是KACL |
[01:28] | KACL’s own Kenny Daly. Ha, ha. | 的电台经理 Kenny Daly 哈哈 |
[01:31] | Listen, doc, I got a special someone out there who’d like to say hello. | 医生 有个特殊人物等着进来问好呢 |
[01:34] | By all means, let’s bring him in, Kenny. | 赶紧把他带进来吧 Kenny |
[01:37] | Ladies and gentlemen, our special guest has finally arrived. | 女士们先生们 我们的特殊嘉宾终于到了 |
[01:41] | Please welcome… | 请欢迎 |
[01:45] | – Bulldog? – Great to see you, doc. Hey, Roz. | – Bulldog – 很高兴见到你 医生 嘿 Roz |
[01:47] | Well, ladies and gentlemen, | 女士们先生们 |
[01:49] | it’s our old friend and former colleague, Bob “Bulldog” Briscoe. | 是我们的老朋友以及前同事 Bob Bulldog Briscoe |
[01:53] | Thanks for coming to celebrate my 2000th show. | 感谢你来庆祝我的第2000场节目 |
[01:55] | Yeah, yeah, congrats. Didn’t think you’d last two weeks. | 是啊 恭喜啊 当初都没想到你能坚持两周 |
[01:58] | Listen up, sports fans, Bulldog here. | 听好了 体育迷们 Bulldog来了 |
[02:00] | I know what you’re all thinking: Bulldog’s been gone too long. | 我知道你们在想 Bulldog走了太久了 |
[02:03] | How can you get me back on the air? Okay, listen up. | 怎么才能把我弄回来 听好了 |
[02:05] | You send your cards | 把你们的贺卡 |
[02:06] | and letters of support to Kenny Daly, KACL… | 支持信都寄给KACL电台的Kenny Daly |
[02:08] | Hold on, hold on, Bulldog! Our special guest has arrived. | 等会等会 Bulldog 我们的特殊嘉宾到了 |
[02:11] | – P.O. Box 451, Seattle… – Bulldog! | – 451信箱 西雅图 – Bulldog |
[02:13] | Would you and your noisemaker please wait in Roz’s booth? | 你能和你的喇叭在Roz那里等等吗 |
[02:15] | – This is an air horn, doc. – Yes, I was referring | – 这是个气笛 医生 – 我知道 我说的是 |
[02:17] | to that flapping hole above your chin. Now get out! | 你下巴上面那个停不下来的大嘴 快走吧你 |
[02:23] | Ladies and gentlemen, let’s please welcome microsoft Chairman, Bill Gates. | 女士们先生们 请欢迎微软董事长比尔盖茨 |
[02:27] | Ha, ha. Good to see you, sir. | 很高兴见到您 |
[02:28] | – Sorry I was late. – Oh, that’s all right. | – 不好意思我迟到了 – 没关系的 |
[02:30] | – I was just talking to an old friend. – Yes, ha, ha. | – 我刚才跟个老朋友聊了两句 – 好好 |
[02:37] | Well, I’ve… I’ve got so many questions to ask you. | 我有太多问题想问你了 |
[02:40] | Uh, why don’t we just dive right in? | 我们马上开始吧 |
[02:43] | I’ve been wondering, | 我一直在想 |
[02:45] | when did you first become a fan of my show? | 你是什么时候喜欢上我的节目的 |
[02:49] | Excuse me. Warren from Kirkland is on Line 2. | 打扰一下 2号线是来自柯克兰的Warren |
[02:52] | Ye… Yes, Roz. I won’t be taking any calls | 好的 Roz 我等盖茨先生 |
[02:54] | until after Mr. Gates has left. | 走了之后再接听电话 |
[02:56] | Actually, it’s for Mr. Gates. | 其实这是打给盖茨先生的电话 |
[02:58] | Well, um… Go ahead, caller. You’re on with Mister Bill Gates. | 那好吧 请讲 你已与比尔盖茨先生通上电话 |
[03:02] | Yeah, hi, Mr. Gates. | 嗨 盖茨先生 |
[03:04] | I bought your new Windows XP programme, | 我刚买了你的微软XP软件 |
[03:06] | and I’m about to instal it, but it’s an upgrade. | 我想安装它 但它是个升级软件 |
[03:09] | – Do I need to make a boot disc? – That’s a very good question. | – 我需要装个启动盘吗 – 这是个很好的问题 |
[03:12] | You don’t need to make a boot disk. | 不需要装个启动盘 |
[03:14] | You just put the CD in, and it’ll upgrade. | 只把CD放进去 它就会自动升级 |
[03:16] | I hope that answers your question. | 希望你的问题得到解决了 |
[03:18] | That’s a feature of XP, very quick, very smooth. | 这是XP的一大特性 速度很快很好 |
[03:21] | – Hey, this is fun. – Ah. | – 很有趣啊 – 啊 |
[03:24] | Thank you for calling, Warren. | 感谢你的电话 Warren |
[03:26] | Now, where were we? | 我们刚才说到哪儿了 |
[03:28] | Can Mr. Gates take a few more calls? | 盖茨先生能多接几个电话吗 |
[03:29] | The board is lighting up. Wow. | 接话盘全亮着呢 哇 |
[03:32] | Who knew we had a Line 7? | 我们居然还有7号线呢 |
[03:35] | Uh, Roz, I believe Mr. Gates is probably anxious | Roz 我相信盖茨先生一定急着 |
[03:37] | – to get on with the interview. – No, no, I’m… I’m happy to. | – 继续回到正题呢 – 不 我很荣幸接听电话 |
[03:41] | Very well. | 那好吧 |
[03:45] | Go ahead, caller. | 您请讲 |
[03:47] | Wow, Bill Gates. This is so cool. | 哇 比尔盖茨 太酷了 |
[03:49] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[03:50] | Hey, I have a question | 我有个问题 |
[03:51] | about Multilingual User Interface add-ons. What are those? | 什么是多语种用户界面拓展包 |
[03:55] | Well, the Multilingual add-ons let you run Windows in different languages. | 多语种拓展包可以让你在微软上使用多种语言 |
[04:00] | You can use it in German… | 你可以使用德语 |
[04:01] | Do you believe this egomaniacal gasbag? | 你能忍得了这自大唠叨狂吗 |
[04:04] | He’s taking over my show. | 他都把我的节目抢走了 |
[04:05] | Don’t you think you’re exaggerating just a bit? | 你不觉得你有些夸张了吗 |
[04:08] | Who do we have next, Roz? | 接下来是谁 Roz |
[04:10] | We have Bob from Fremont. He has a question about his laptop. | 来自佛利蒙的Bob 有个关于笔记本的问题 |
[04:13] | Go ahead, Bob. I’m listening. | 请讲吧 Bob 我在聆听 |
[04:34] | Two thousand shows, ha-ha-ha. | 第2000场节目 哈哈哈 |
[04:51] | Hurry up, Frasier, we’re gonna miss the reservation. | 请快点 Frasier 我们要错过预订了 |
[04:54] | Yeah, I’ll be right there. | 马上来 |
[05:24] | Two thousand shows. That’s quite a milestone. | 第2000场 里程碑似的时刻啊 |
[05:27] | It is. Can anyone tell me what happened today? | 是的 你们谁能告诉我今天播了什么吗 |
[05:29] | I forgot to listen. | 我没听 |
[05:30] | I just listened for five minutes | 我就听了五分钟 |
[05:32] | in case he asked me what my favourite part was. | 以防他问我最喜欢的部分是什么 |
[05:35] | I just say the call from Tacoma. | 我就说塔科马打来的那个 |
[05:36] | There’s bound to be a call from Tacoma. | 总会有塔科马听众的 |
[05:40] | Excuse me. | 不好意思 |
[05:41] | Could I see all of you in my room for just a jiff? | 我能请你们到我屋里来一下吗 |
[05:45] | – Come on, I’m hungry. – I know. I am too. | – 哎呦 我饿了 – 我知道 我也是 |
[05:49] | Okay, are we all here? | 好的 我们都到齐了吗 |
[05:52] | – Good. – What’s wrong? | – 好 – 怎么了 |
[05:53] | Something is amiss. | 有东西出错了 |
[05:58] | I’ll say. I always thought that was a sweater cubby. | 确实是 我还以为那是个放毛衣的柜子 |
[06:03] | Well, it’s not. This is a collection of all my shows. | 不是 这是我所有节目的收藏 |
[06:10] | I was just examining my collection when I realised that someone… | 我正检阅我收藏时 发现有人 |
[06:15] | …had placed one of my tapes… | 把我的一个录音带 |
[06:20] | …upside down. | 正反放颠倒了 |
[06:23] | What kind of sick, twisted…? | 这也太变态恶心 |
[06:27] | Well, turn it right-side up and let’s go eat. | 把它放好赶紧吃饭去 |
[06:29] | – You probably did it yourself. – All right, conceivably. | – 没准你自己干的 – 也许 |
[06:32] | But I guarantee you, I would never have removed my tape from the case | 但我绝对不会把带子从盒里拿出 |
[06:36] | and replaced it with The Best of Hall and Oates. | 然后放上个燕麦粥精选 |
[06:43] | All right, I won’t be mad. | 好吧 我不生气 |
[06:45] | Just tell me who did this. | 就告诉我是谁干的 |
[06:50] | Nobody did this? | 没人承认 |
[06:52] | Tell you what. I did it. Now, can we go eat? | 告诉你 我干的 现在能去吃饭了吗 |
[06:55] | Not so fast, Dad. | 慢着 老爸 |
[06:57] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[06:58] | – Let’s examine the evidence. – Oh, no. | – 让我们来看看证据 – 唉别啊 |
[07:04] | A Hall and Oates tape. | 燕麦粥精选的带子 |
[07:07] | That rules you out, Dad. | 就把你排除了 老爸 |
[07:09] | And it definitely rules out Niles. | 也肯定排除了Niles |
[07:14] | – Dr. Crane… – Or does it? | – Crane医生 – 或者真的吗 |
[07:18] | Perhaps the tape was just a red herring, | 也许那带子只是个不相干的东西 |
[07:20] | meant to throw me off the scent. | 只为了转移我的注意力 |
[07:22] | A psychological game. | 一个心理游戏 |
[07:24] | There’s only one of you that would combat me on that level. | 只有一个人能与我在那层次上战斗 |
[07:26] | – I did it! – Ah-ha! | – 我干的 – 啊哈 |
[07:29] | You can’t say, “Ah-ha.” You thought it was me. | 你不能装作早有预料 你还以为是我呢 |
[07:33] | – Why’d you do it, Daphne? – I didn’t mean to. | – 你为什么要这么做 Daphne – 我不是故意的 |
[07:36] | I was trying to listen to a | 我只是想用 |
[07:37] | tape in that boom box you gave me for Christmas, | 你圣诞节送我的手提音响听磁带 |
[07:39] | only I wasn’t getting any sound, | 但是它发不出来声音 |
[07:41] | and I didn’t know if it were the tape or the boom box, | 我不知道是带子的问题还是音响的问题 |
[07:44] | and I didn’t have any other tapes, | 我又没有别的带子 |
[07:45] | so I grabbed one of your tapes just to test the boom box out. | 所以我就拿了你一个带子放在了音响里面 |
[07:48] | And it turns out it was the boom box after all. | 然后发现确实是音响的问题 |
[07:51] | Only then, I couldn’t get it out of the boom box, | 但是我发现我拿不出来那带子了 |
[07:54] | so I used a screwdriver to pry it out, | 所以我就用了个螺丝刀把它撬出来 |
[07:56] | and I broke the tape. I’m so sorry. | 然后我就把带子弄坏了 太对不起了 |
[07:58] | – Oh, there, there, Daphne… – Stand down, Niles. | – 没事的没事的 Daphne – 一边去 Niels |
[08:06] | Daphne Daphne. | |
[08:08] | Do you realise what you’ve done? | 你意识到你做了什么吗 |
[08:12] | This isn’t like any normal tape | 这不是一个寻常的磁带 |
[08:14] | that you can just go down to your local music shop and purchase. | 那些去音乐店就能买到的 |
[08:20] | It’s unique and irreplaceable. | 这是独特的 不可取代的 |
[08:25] | Can’t you just get the station to make you a copy? | 你不是能让电台给你个备份吗 |
[08:27] | Unless I get the station to make me another copy, | 除非我去电台要个备份 |
[08:32] | which, or course, I can. | 我是可以 |
[08:34] | The only transgression here | 唯一的罪行是 |
[08:35] | is that Daphne didn’t come to me with the truth. | Daphne没有告诉我真话 |
[08:40] | Oh, I’m so sorry, Dr. Crane. | 太对不起了 Crane医生 |
[08:43] | I will never lie to you again. | 我再也不对你说谎了 |
[08:45] | Well, then, if that’s what you learned, it was all worth it. | 那好吧 如果你学到了这个 那这些都是值得的 |
[08:48] | So, what are we all sitting here for? | 那我们还坐着干嘛 |
[08:50] | I believe we have a 2000th show to celebrate. | 还有我的第2000场节目要庆祝呢 |
[08:53] | – Here, here. – So, did you all listen? | – 棒 棒 – 你们都听了吗 |
[08:55] | – Oh, did we. – It was great. | – 当然了 – 太精彩了 |
[08:57] | I especially liked that call from Tacoma. | 我尤其喜欢那个塔科马打来的电话 |
[08:59] | Oh, which one? | 是哪个 |
[09:04] | You know, in nine years, | 九年来 |
[09:05] | this is the first time I’ve been down to the archives. | 这是我第一次下来档案室 |
[09:07] | – Oh, my God. I remember this place. – Really? | – 天啊 我记得这地方 – 真的吗 |
[09:10] | I came down here once after a Christmas party. | 我有一次圣诞节聚会下来过 |
[09:14] | Whatever for? | 干嘛 |
[09:16] | Well, I had a little too much champagne, | 我喝了太多香槟 |
[09:18] | and you know how you get a little lonely around the holiday? | 你也知道人过节时都会有些寂寞 |
[09:22] | Brings back memories, huh, Roz? | 让人回忆起往事啊是不 Roz |
[09:25] | – Bulldog! – That was some Christmas, huh? | – Bulldog – 那个圣诞真是不错啊是吧 |
[09:28] | When Santa left a bit of Bulldog in your stockings. | 圣诞老人在你的袜子里留下了一只Bulldog |
[09:31] | You’re disgusting. | 你真恶心 |
[09:33] | What, I went too far? I’m sorry. | 过了吗 不好意思 |
[09:35] | Why don’t, uh, you come back here? | 你要不去那边 |
[09:36] | I’ll slip you an apology. | 我给你点歉意 |
[09:38] | Bulldog’s still got it! | 宝刀未老 |
[09:41] | Bulldog, what the hell are you doing here? | Bulldog 你在这干什么 |
[09:43] | Oh, this is, uh, this is my new job. | 这是 这是我的新工作 |
[09:45] | I, uh, catalogue the archive. | 我负责整理档案 |
[09:47] | You know, I clean up a bit, | 打扫打扫 |
[09:49] | but, uh, I figure I’ll be back on the air in no time, | 但是 我觉得我马上就能回到直播间了 |
[09:51] | as long as I attack this job with my trademark “Can-do” Attitude. | 只要我用我的标志性坚决态度对待这个工作 |
[09:55] | Great. Well, then, | 好吧 |
[09:56] | we’re looking for a copy of my show, episode 893. | 我们在找我的节目第893期的备份 |
[09:59] | – No can do. – What? | – 做不到 – 啊 |
[10:01] | What, I only been here an hour. | 我刚来一个小时 |
[10:02] | I don’t even know where the john is. | 连厕所都不知道在哪儿呢 |
[10:05] | Where…? | 我的 |
[10:07] | Where’s my PowerBar? | 我的能量棒去哪儿了 |
[10:09] | I had a PowerBar here. | 我刚放这个能量棒来着呢 |
[10:11] | Someone stole my PowerBar! This stinks! | 谁偷了我的能量棒 太烂了 |
[10:14] | This is total B. S! This is… | 不能容忍 |
[10:16] | Oh, here it is. | 哦在这呢 |
[10:21] | Frasier, here’s a box marked “Best of Crane.” | Frasier 这有个盒子标着Crane精选 |
[10:23] | Oh, uh, thanks, Roz. Let’s have a look. Ah, good. | 谢谢 Roz 让我们来看看 好 |
[10:25] | What…? | 什么 |
[10:29] | There’s just a few tapes in here. | 就只有几个带子 |
[10:31] | – All right, keep looking. – Oh, hey, doc. | – 好吧 再找找吧 – 嗨 医生 |
[10:35] | Kenny, just the man I was looking for. | Kenny 正要找你呢 |
[10:36] | Listen, where are all the tapes of my shows kept? | 你知道我节目的带子都放哪了吗 |
[10:41] | You got them, right there. | 就这呢 |
[10:43] | – Well, where are the rest of them? – Yes. | – 剩下的呢 – 是啊 |
[10:45] | There are no rest. We record over them. | 没有剩下的了 都复刻了 |
[10:48] | I mean, look around, doc, we got a space problem here. | 你看看周围 医生 空间很紧张啊 |
[10:50] | Hey, Kenny, where do you want me to put these snow tyres? | 嘿 Kenny 你想让我把你的雪地轮胎放哪 |
[10:53] | Oh, put them right next to my kids’ bikes. | 就放我孩子的自行车边上就行 |
[11:02] | Good afternoon, Seattle. | 下午好 西雅图 |
[11:04] | Before we go to the phones, I have a boon to ask of you. | 在接听电话之前 我想请求你们一件事 |
[11:09] | If any of you happens to have in your possession | 如果你们谁碰巧有我 |
[11:13] | a tape of my broadcast from June 14, 1996, | 1996年6月14号的带子 |
[11:21] | I am in need of a copy. | 我急需一个备份 |
[11:23] | You see, I understand that from time to time | 我知道总会有人 |
[11:25] | people who call in to my show record it, | 打进来我的节目并且录音下来 |
[11:28] | perhaps in order to… To review my advice, | 也许为了重温我的建议 |
[11:31] | or even just play it for some friends. | 或者给朋友们放着听 |
[11:34] | Now, I realise that this is a bit of a long shot, | 我知道这可能希望不大 |
[11:37] | but it is the only missing tape of my collection, | 但这是我收藏里仅缺的一个 |
[11:41] | and therefore, of course, has great sentimental value. | 所以对我来说意义重大 |
[11:46] | Thanks for your consideration. Now, Roz, who’s our first caller? | 感谢你们的理解 Roz 第一个接通的是谁 |
[11:48] | We have Joe from Vashon Island on Line 1. | 瓦逊岛的Joe在1号线上 |
[11:52] | Go ahead, Joe, I’m listening. | 请讲吧 Joe 我在聆听 |
[11:55] | About that missing tape. | 那个遗失的带子 |
[11:56] | – Yes, yes? – Yeah, | – 嗯 嗯 – 是啊 |
[11:58] | I know what you’re going through. | 我特别能理解你的心情 |
[11:58] | A couple years ago, I was in a taxicab and lost a gold cufflink. | 好几年前 我在一个出租车里丢了一个金袖扣 |
[12:03] | Yes, and this relates to my missing tape how? | 好吧 这跟我的带子有什么关系 |
[12:05] | Well, it’s missing, and I’m bummed. | 袖扣也丢了 我也很不开心 |
[12:08] | It has the initials J.S. On it. | 上面有J.S.的首字母缩写 |
[12:11] | If anyone finds it, I’d love to have it back. | 如果有谁找到了 请还给我 |
[12:14] | Yes, um, I’m sure you would, | 好吧 |
[12:15] | but unless it’s about my missing tape, | 但是如果不关我的带子的事 |
[12:17] | well, then I would prefer to stick to calls | 我还是想转为接听一些 |
[12:18] | about mental and emotional issues, as usual. | 有真正心理问题的听众 像平时一样 |
[12:24] | Thank you for your call. | 谢谢你的致电 |
[12:26] | Who’s our next caller, Roz? | 下一位是谁 Roz |
[12:28] | We have Phyllis from Green Lake. | 格林湖的Phyllis |
[12:30] | Phyllis, go ahead, I’m listening. | Phyllis 请讲 我在聆听 |
[12:32] | My cat ran away last Wednesday. | 我的猫上周三跑掉了 |
[12:34] | She’s orange with a white chest and one white paw. | 它是橘黄色的 有白色前胸以及一只白色爪子 |
[12:37] | Her name is… | 名字是 |
[12:38] | Wait, wait, Phyllis… | 等下等下 Phyllis |
[12:39] | So if anyone… | 如果谁 |
[12:40] | All right, hold on, hold on a minute. | 好吧 等会等会 |
[12:43] | All right, now listen to me, people, | 听我说 |
[12:45] | I don’t want to turn this | 我不想把这节目变成 |
[12:45] | show into the lost and found bin of the airwaves. | 广播失物招领节目 |
[12:50] | Phyllis, I’m gonna let you finish your description of your cat, | Phyllis 我让你说完你的描述 |
[12:52] | and then we’re going back to our regular show. All right? | 然后就回到我们的原来节目 好吗 |
[12:54] | Okay. She has green eyes, a rhinestone collar, | 好 它的眼睛是绿的 戴着人造钻石项圈 |
[12:58] | and when she’s happy… | 当它开心的时候 |
[13:00] | Let’s recap. | 总结一下 |
[13:02] | Uh, in the last three hours, | 过去的三个小时里 |
[13:05] | we have located a missing engagement ring, | 我们找到了一个丢失的订婚戒指 |
[13:09] | one lost cufflink, two missing cats, | 丢失的袖扣 两只丢失的猫 |
[13:14] | and we’ve actually reunited eric from Belltown with his biological parents. | 还帮贝尔顿的Eric 找到了他的亲生父母 |
[13:21] | Still, sadly, no sign of my missing tape. | 遗憾的是 我的带子还是没有下落 |
[13:26] | To that end, listeners, | 因此 听众们 |
[13:27] | please scour your attics, basements, hope chests, whatever. | 请搜寻你们的阁楼 地下室 嫁妆箱 什么都找找 |
[13:32] | Meantime, this is Dr. Frasier Crane, | 这里是Frasier Crane医生 |
[13:34] | wishing you good day and good mental health. | 祝您美好一天 身心安康 |
[13:37] | And don’t forget to look behind things. | 别忘了仔细寻找 |
[13:44] | – I’m sorry, Frasier. – Oh… | – 真遗憾 Frasier – 噢 |
[13:47] | That’s all right, Roz. I mean, it’ll turn up. | 没事的 Roz 会出来的 |
[13:49] | I mean, it’s only the first day. Word will get around. | 这才是第一天 消息会传播出去的 |
[13:51] | I’m… I’m sure somebody has that tape. | 一定有人有那个带子 |
[13:54] | I just don’t want you to get your hopes up too high. | 我只是不想让你期望过高 |
[13:57] | Chances are that tape is gone for good. | 很有可能再也找不到了 |
[14:00] | Well, if that’s the case, then so be it. | 如果那样的话 也无所谓 |
[14:03] | Life will go on, ha, ha. | 生活还是会继续 |
[14:28] | Hello, Dr. Crane. How was your nap? | 嗨 Crane医生 睡得怎么样 |
[14:34] | It was lovely. | 好极了 |
[14:38] | Daphne, could you make me a cup of tea, please, | Daphne 你能帮我倒杯茶吗 |
[14:41] | and whatever meal would be appropriate to this time of day? | 还有你觉得适合这时候吃的东西 |
[14:48] | Dr. Crane, you’ve been in bed all weekend. | Drane医生 你都躺了一周末了 |
[14:51] | How about going for a nice walk? | 出去走走怎么样 |
[14:54] | No, thanks. | 不了谢谢 |
[14:57] | Well, how about going to a movie then? | 那电影呢 |
[14:59] | Take your mind off your troubles. | 放松一下心情 |
[15:01] | My car’s in the shop. | 我的车送去店里了 |
[15:02] | You could take public transportation. | 不是还有公共交通吗 |
[15:10] | Oh, I wonder who this could be. | 咦 这会是谁呢 |
[15:16] | Oh, look, it’s your brother Niles, here for a visit. | 看啊 这是你的弟弟Niles来看望你 |
[15:22] | Hello, Frasier, how are we today? | 嗨 Frasier 今天怎么样呀 |
[15:26] | What the hell is wrong with the two of you? | 你俩什么毛病 |
[15:29] | You’d think I’d been found walking through the park | 你们难道觉得我会在公园 |
[15:30] | in my underwear, talking to pigeons. | 穿着内裤跟鸽子聊天吗 |
[15:33] | – Would we like a walk in the park? – Oh, good God. | – 你想去公园 – 哎呦我天 |
[15:37] | All right, all right. Frasier, Frasier, wait. | 好吧 好吧 Frasier Frasier 等等 |
[15:39] | Hey, looking good, buddy. | 看着挺精神啊 |
[15:44] | – Not any better, huh? – No, and I feel just awful. | – 还那样是吧 – 是啊 我感觉太内疚了 |
[15:47] | – This is all my fault. – Oh, come on. | – 全是我的错 – 没有 |
[15:49] | I’m the one who ruined his treasured collection. | 我把他宝贝收藏给毁了 |
[15:51] | Oh, all his crap is treasured. | 他把什么破玩意儿都当宝贝 |
[15:56] | But look, don’t feel bad. I’ve broken lots of his stuff. | 别太内疚了 我弄坏了一堆他的东西呢 |
[16:00] | I’ve never heard of you breaking anything. | 我从来没听说过啊 |
[16:02] | Well, that’s because I know how to cover my tracks. | 那是因为我知道怎么掩盖证据 |
[16:05] | Take a look at that fertility god statue over there. | 看看那边的多产神像 |
[16:09] | It used to be a lot more fertile, if you know what I mean. | 它原来比现在更能产呢 懂我意思吧 |
[16:16] | Oh, my God! This is a Tootsie Roll! | 天啊 这是块巧克力糖 |
[16:23] | – That’s brilliant! – Oh, that’s nothing. | – 太机智了 – 这没什么 |
[16:25] | Here, check out this vase. | 看这花瓶 |
[16:27] | Two years ago Eddie and I were horsing around. | 两年前我和Eddie在这玩儿 |
[16:30] | I knocked it over. It took me hours to glue it back together again. | 我把它给撞倒了 我花了好久才给粘回去 |
[16:33] | Why, you can’t even tell. | 根本看不出来 |
[16:35] | I had no idea you were so devious. | 我还不知道你也有这么狡猾的一面 |
[16:37] | Ha. Come on, I’ll show you how to make ginger ale | 来 我来告诉你怎么把姜汁水伪造成 |
[16:39] | look like 50-year-old brandy. | 50年白兰地酒 |
[16:43] | Listen, Niles, I appreciate your concern, | Niles 我很感谢你的关心 |
[16:45] | I really do, but, frankly, | 真的 但是 说实话 |
[16:46] | I am in no mood to endure therapy with my younger brother, | 我没心情跟我弟弟做心理咨询 |
[16:50] | – no matter how well-intentioned. – I’m not trying to butt in, | – 无论你是有多好心 – 我不是想管闲事 |
[16:52] | I’m just curious as to why this tape matters so much to you. | 我只是好奇这件事为什么对你这么重要 |
[16:57] | Do you ever listen to these? | 你听过这些录音吗 |
[16:58] | Once. | 听过一次 |
[17:01] | When I had a date over. | 那次约了个姑娘过来 |
[17:05] | It proved a useful mood-setter. | 那录音帮我营造了良好的气氛 |
[17:10] | Okay. | 成吧 |
[17:13] | Well, tell me this, then. | 那告诉我 |
[17:14] | Do you ever intend to listen to any of the others? | 你还想过要听其它录音吗 |
[17:18] | I don’t know. | 不知道 |
[17:19] | So why is it so important to you to have each and every one of them? | 那有没有所有录音为什么那么重要呢 |
[17:23] | Because it’s a collection, Niles. That’s what a collection is. | 因为这是个收藏啊 收藏就是要全的 |
[17:26] | Is it possible that a harmless collection | 你觉得有没有可能这无害的收藏 |
[17:28] | has become an unhealthy obsession? | 已经变成了一个不健康的痴迷 |
[17:31] | – It’s… It’s just a hobby, all right? – Or an obsession. | – 这 这就是个爱好 好吗 – 痴迷 |
[17:35] | – Yeah, an eccentricity. – Or an obsession. | – 古怪 – 痴迷 |
[17:37] | It, you know, it’s a quirk. | 怪癖 |
[17:39] | That’s it. I’m quirky. I’m delightfully quirky. | 就是这个 我有个怪癖 我有个可爱的怪癖 |
[17:44] | Do you realise that your delightful | 你意识到了你可爱的怪癖 |
[17:45] | quirk has brought your life to a standstill? | 已经使你的生活停滞不前 |
[17:48] | Niles, I’ve just finished my 2000th show. | Niles 我刚刚做完第2000场节目 |
[17:54] | I’m exhausted, physically and emotionally. | 精神上身体上都累坏了 |
[17:59] | I believe that I am entitled to an entire weekend of doing nothing, | 我相信我有权享受一个什么都不做的周末 |
[18:05] | don’t you? | 你觉得呢 |
[18:08] | You know, you have your pyjamas on backwards. | 你睡衣穿反了 |
[18:12] | Another delightful quirk of mine. | 我另外一个可爱的怪癖 |
[18:14] | Not from where I’m sitting. | 我这角度看可不可爱 |
[18:18] | Hey, Fras, the station called. Some guy has your tape. | 嘿 Fras 电台打来电话 有人有你的录音带 |
[18:22] | Oh, uh, well, thanks, Dad. | 谢谢 老爸 |
[18:27] | Yes, well, uh, I’ll tend to this by and by. | 好 我过会儿再处理这事 |
[18:32] | – All right, I’ll get the car. – I’ll put on pants. | – 得了 我去开车 – 我去穿裤子 |
[18:35] | Zipper goes in front! | 拉链穿在前面 |
[18:44] | – Hello. – Hello, yes, Dr. Crane. | – 你好 – 你好 Crane医生 |
[18:47] | Please come in. Make yourself at home. | 请进 请随意 |
[18:49] | You must be Tom. | 你就是Tom吧 |
[18:50] | And you must be the greatest radio talk show host ever. | 那你就是有史以来最伟大的电台脱口秀主持人了吧 |
[18:54] | Oh, ha, ha. You can call me Frasier. | 哈哈 叫我Frasier就好 |
[18:57] | – I think I’ll wait outside. – Oh. | – 我还是在外面等着吧 – 哦 |
[19:00] | I didn’t know you were bringing someone. | 我不知道你会带人来 |
[19:02] | Oh, Tom, uh, this is my brother, Niles. | Tom 这是我的弟弟Niles |
[19:05] | – Oh. – Hello, Tom. | – 哦 – 你好 Tom |
[19:06] | Hi. Yes. Yeah, didn’t you, uh, | 你好 是啊 你是不是 |
[19:08] | fill in on Frasier’s show a couple of times? | 帮Frasier代了几次班 |
[19:10] | Oh, yes, actually I did. | 是 确实是 |
[19:12] | Yeah, yeah, you were… You were all right. | 是啊 是啊 你 你还行 |
[19:14] | – Oh, well, you flatter me. – Huh. So, what’s it like? | – 过奖过奖 – 感觉怎么样 |
[19:19] | – Excuse me? – Being Frasier Crane’s brother. | – 什么 – 作为Frasier Crane的弟弟 |
[19:22] | Being able to talk to him any time you want, | 每天随时都能跟他说上话 |
[19:24] | having access to that great mind 24 hours a day? | 可以24小时与那伟大的思维进行沟通 |
[19:28] | You know, I think I left my lights on. | 我突然想起来车灯没关 |
[19:30] | No, no, no, please don’t leave yet. | 别别别 拜托别现在就走 |
[19:32] | Please. If you don’t mind, | 不介意的话 |
[19:34] | I was hoping that you would take a picture of Frasier and I. | 我想请你帮我俩照一张合照 |
[19:36] | Well, uh, of course he doesn’t mind. | 当然他不会介意 |
[19:38] | Uh, actually, I even brought along an 8-by-10 photo, ha, ha. | 我其实还带来了自己的一张照片 |
[19:43] | Personalized, of course. There we are. | 附带亲笔签名 当然 |
[19:46] | Oh, my, that’s… | 我的天啊 这 |
[19:49] | That’s really… I don’t know… | 太 我不知道 |
[19:50] | Well, I thought you might like that. | 我猜你可能会喜欢 |
[19:51] | Yes, I’ll… I’ll… I’ll have to do some rearranging, | 是啊 我得 我得做些调整 |
[19:55] | but… But don’t worry, I’ll find some room for it somewhere. | 别担心 我会找到它的位置的 |
[20:04] | I, uh, thought that was a window. | 我还以为那是个窗户 |
[20:06] | Yes, well, it was. | 是 以前是 |
[20:08] | Okay, I’m gonna go get the camera. | 好了 我要去拿照相机了 |
[20:12] | Frasier, this man is deeply disturbed. | Frasier 这男人太有问题了 |
[20:16] | Why? Because he has a few pictures of me on his wall? | 为什么 就因为他墙上有几张我的照片 |
[20:20] | The man is obviously obsessed with you. | 那男人很明显对你很痴迷 |
[20:22] | Oh, what is it with you? I’m obsessed, he’s obsessed. | 你这是怎么了 我痴迷 他痴迷 |
[20:25] | You know, I think you’re the one who’s obsessed with being obsessed. | 你就是个痴迷于痴迷这件事的人 |
[20:27] | Okay, I apologise. He’s delightfully quirky. | 好吧 我道歉 他是有可爱的怪癖 |
[20:32] | Go ahead, caller, I’m listening. | 您请讲 我在聆听 |
[20:36] | This is your mother. Call me, and change that stupid message already. | 我是你妈 给我回电 把那蠢语音留言赶紧换了 |
[20:40] | Oh, Mom, get a life why don’t you. | 妈 有点儿自己的人生好不好 |
[20:42] | Okay, here we go. | 好了 |
[20:44] | Now, I want to record this historic moment, | 我想要记录下这历史性的一幕 |
[20:46] | because I don’t want to wake up tomorrow | 因为我不想明天早上醒来 |
[20:48] | and find out that this was all part of a dream. | 发现这只是梦而已 |
[20:50] | – All right. – Because I’ve had this dream before. | – 好吧 – 因为我做过这个梦 |
[20:53] | Many times. | 很多次 |
[20:54] | Sometimes we’re in London, | 有时候我们在伦敦 |
[20:57] | sometimes we’re in Paris, | 有时候我们在巴黎 |
[20:58] | sometimes we’re riding mules down the Grand Canyon. | 有时候我们在大峡谷骑骡 |
[21:02] | Oh, my God! | 天啊 |
[21:04] | This is gonna be the jewel of my collection. | 这将是我收藏的至宝 |
[21:06] | I’m gonna get a special frame for it, | 我要找个特殊的相框 |
[21:08] | and I’m gonna look at it while I’m listening to the show, and l… | 每次听节目的时候就看着它 |
[21:11] | Oh, wait a minute. Oh, listen, uh, uh, Frasier’s brother, | 等会儿 那个 Frasier的弟弟 |
[21:14] | um, your thumb was in front of the lens. | 你的大拇指挡住镜头了 |
[21:17] | If you don’t mind, just one more. | 如果你不介意的话 再照一次 |
[21:19] | And you know what? Bring that chair closer. | 还有 把那椅子搬近点 |
[21:21] | Come over here for a second. Just sit here. Just like that. | 过来一下 坐在这里 很好 |
[21:24] | This is gonna be great. Okay, sit here, | 太激动了 好 坐下 |
[21:26] | and this time why don’t you act like you’re giving me advice? | 你能演一下就像你在给我建议吗 |
[21:30] | Right. All right, uh, Tom, well, you know, | 好 好吧 Tom |
[21:32] | I was just wondering, um, have you ever called into the show? | 我只是在想 你有打进过节目吗 |
[21:37] | Me? Why would I call the show? | 我 我为什么要打进节目 |
[21:42] | Oh! Did your head just touch that? | 你的脑袋刚碰到这里了吗 |
[21:44] | – Yes. I’m sorry. – Don’t be. | – 是 对不起 – 不用 |
[21:50] | Oh. | 哦 |
[21:51] | So, uh, Tom, i take it you’ve been listening to the show for some time. | 那 Tom 你是听这节目有一阵了吧 |
[21:58] | Oh, are you kidding? From day one. | 那当然 从第一天开始 |
[22:02] | I got so hooked that eventually I started taping them | 我听得上瘾 然后有一天就开始 |
[22:05] | so that I didn’t miss anything. | 录下来这样就不会错过了 |
[22:07] | I even was skipping out of work early | 我甚至提前翘班 |
[22:09] | so I could make sure to be home in time. | 就为了及时赶到家 |
[22:11] | So, in a way, Tom, | 从某种角度来说 Tom |
[22:12] | you could say that your obsession with your collection | 你对于你收藏的痴迷 |
[22:16] | was bringing your life to a standstill. | 使你的人生停滞不前 |
[22:19] | Yes. Yes, exactly. | 是是 确实 |
[22:20] | Until I realised how ridiculous I was being. | 直到我意识到我有多荒谬 |
[22:23] | I mean, missing work to… To tape the show. | 翘班去给节目录音 |
[22:26] | Oh, good for you, Tom. | 那很好啊 Tom |
[22:28] | So you could say that, uh, | 所以你可以说 |
[22:30] | it is possible to have a passion for collecting | 你可以热爱你的收藏 |
[22:33] | without losing sight of your priorities. | 而又不迷失了重点所在 |
[22:35] | Yes, exactly. And… And that’s why I quit my job. | 是的 所以我就辞掉了工作 |
[22:38] | Oh, this turned out really nice. | 这张照的不错啊 |
[22:41] | And, you know, eventually the money ran out, | 最后我钱花光了 |
[22:44] | so I got a gig as a night doorman. | 所以我就找了份夜间看门的工作 |
[22:47] | And that way I could, uh… | 这样就能 |
[22:49] | Oh. I could, you know, uh, listen to the show a second time on my Walkman, | 在随身听上再听一次节目 |
[22:53] | and then I could do my transcriptions at work. | 一边在班上把节目转录下来 |
[22:57] | – You transcribe the show? – Well, you gotta have a backup. | – 你还转录节目 – 得有个备份啊 |
[23:04] | Uh, listen, Tom, you know, I must confess, | 听着 Tom 我得说 |
[23:06] | I’m a… I’m a bit concerned. Um. | 我有些担忧 |
[23:10] | I’m delighted to have you as a fan. I really am, | 我很荣幸你是我的粉丝 真的 |
[23:13] | but the whole purpose of my show is to help people live better lives, | 但是我节目是要帮助人们过上更好的日子 |
[23:21] | and I’m afraid that I’ve hurt yours. | 但我恐怕已伤害到了你的生活 |
[23:23] | I just… | 我 |
[23:25] | There should be more to… To life than… | 人生应该不止 |
[23:30] | There should be more. | 不止这些 |
[23:31] | Yes, but as you always say, | 但是你总是说 |
[23:33] | life is most fulfilling when spent in the pursuit of one’s passions. | 追求自己所热爱的东西才是最充实的人生 |
[23:38] | Yes, but as I’ve also said, | 是 但我也说过 |
[23:40] | weave the tapestry of your life with many diverse threads. | 用多样的线来编织人生的挂毯 |
[23:46] | Ah, yes, but you added, | 但你又加了 |
[23:48] | make sure to weave the pattern that pleases you most. | 要编出你最爱的花纹 |
[23:55] | Weave the tapestry with diverse threads? | 用多样的线来编织挂毯 |
[23:59] | Yes. Frasier said all of these things, and many others. | 是的 Frasier总是说这样的话 |
[24:03] | He is a genius. | 太有智慧了 |
[24:06] | Would you like some guacamole? | 你们要吃点儿牛油果酱吗 |
[24:09] | – Uh, yeah, sure. Uh. – Thank you. | – 好 – 谢谢 |
[24:12] | Thanks, Tom. Listen, I’m… I’m just, uh, thinking. Um. | 谢谢 Tom 我只是在想 |
[24:16] | I don’t really want to talk you into anything. | 我不想再让你做什么了 |
[24:18] | It seems I’ve done enough of that already. I, uh… | 你已经做的够多了 |
[24:23] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[24:25] | Tom, what I’m getting at here is, | Tom 我想说的是 |
[24:29] | I think there could be more to your life | 我觉得你的人生应该不止有 |
[24:32] | than just my tapes and pictures. | 我的录音带和照片 |
[24:37] | Now, if you’d be interested in exploring those issues further, | 如果你想认真对待这些问题 |
[24:42] | I can recommend someone who would be glad to talk with you. | 我可以推荐一个人跟你谈谈 |
[24:45] | – Not me. Not me. – Why? I have you. | – 别说我 别说我 – 为什么 我有你啊 |
[24:54] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[24:57] | Well, you know, l… I think it’s time we got going. | 我觉得我们该走了 |
[25:00] | Oh, no, so soon? | 这么快吗 |
[25:01] | Oh, well, I suppose someone like you | 也是 你这种人物应该 |
[25:04] | probably has a lot of things they gotta do. | 有很多事要做吧 |
[25:05] | – Right. – I’m glad you could come at all. | – 是 – 你能来我就很高兴了 |
[25:07] | Please, you know, stop by any time you want. | 请随时过来坐坐 |
[25:10] | Thank you, Tom, and it was a pleasure. | 谢谢 Tom 很高兴见到你 |
[25:13] | Oh, don’t forget your tape. | 别忘了你的带子 |
[25:18] | You know, Tom, i’d like you to keep that. | Tom 还是你留着吧 |
[25:21] | But this is the reason you came. | 但是你就是为了这个来的啊 |
[25:24] | If I ever need it, | 如果我需要它 |
[25:27] | I’ll know where to find it. | 我知道去哪里找 |
[25:34] | Um… | 呃 |
[25:36] | You know those shows where I sat in for Frasier? | 我为Frasier代班的节目 |
[25:41] | You wouldn’t happen to have those tapes, would you? | 你录下来了吗 |
[25:43] | Sorry, l… I don’t collect just anything. | 不好意思 我不是什么都收藏的 |
[25:53] | Hey, there he is. Did you get your tape back? | 终于回来了 拿回来了你的带子吗 |
[25:57] | Actually, no, I didn’t. | 没有 |
[25:58] | What happened? | 怎么了 |
[26:00] | Daphne Daphne… | |
[26:03] | …tonight I saw an example | 今夜我见证了 |
[26:06] | of how an obsession can take over a man’s life. | 痴迷如何可以毁掉一个人的人生 |
[26:11] | I don’t want to be that man. | 我不想做那个人 |
[26:14] | Therefore, I chose to leave it and render my collection imperfect. | 因此 我选择让我的收藏留于不完美 |
[26:20] | But that’s all right. You see, | 但没关系的 |
[26:23] | I don’t need things to be perfect. | 我不需要事事完美 |
[26:29] | Hello. | 诶 |
[26:33] | Something’s amiss. | 有东西出错了 |
[26:38] | My double-handled amphora! | 我的双耳瓶 |
[26:41] | All right, no one leaves! | 好吧 都别走 |