时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:08] | Janet from North Seattle, you’re in bed | 来自西雅图北部的Janet 你正和Zach医生 |
[00:10] | – with Dr.Zach. – Oh, yeah. | – 躺在床上 – 哦 真棒 |
[00:12] | How can I make you feel better? | 有什么能帮你感觉好点的吗 |
[00:15] | My husband isn’t the man he used to be, if you know what I mean. | 我丈夫不是以前那个他了 你知道我的意思 |
[00:18] | It’s ruining our marriage. | 而且这让我们的婚姻越来越糟了 |
[00:20] | Are you sure it’s just his fault? | 你确定这只是他一个人的错吗 |
[00:22] | The signs on Love Street don’t all point one way. | 爱的指路牌可不是单向箭头 |
[00:26] | Come on. | 拜托 |
[00:28] | This is the competition? Dr. Zach? | 这就是竞争对手 Zach医生 |
[00:31] | Please, it’s nothing but suggestive, smarmy sleaze. | 拜托 这无非就是暗示性的拍马屁废话 |
[00:35] | – And he’s great at it. – Roz. | – 但是人家拍得很好啊 – Roz |
[00:37] | You know, I tell you what. I give this guy four, five weeks tops. | 我跟你说 这人顶多能撑四五个星期 |
[00:41] | He’s been on the air ten weeks, | 他的节目已经播出十个星期了 |
[00:42] | and frankly, we’re getting spanked. | 而且说实话 对我们打击很大 |
[00:44] | Oh, he did a whole show on that yesterday. | 哦 他昨天整场节目都在讲这个 |
[00:46] | Stop it. | 别说了 |
[00:48] | So, well, all right, he’s-he’s the new flavour of the month. | 那好吧 他确实给能给听众换换口味 |
[00:52] | We’ve seen them come and go before. Dr. Mary. | 这种人我们见得多了 Mary医生 |
[00:55] | Professor Hugs. | “拥抱”教授 |
[00:56] | “On the Couch with Jeff and Lars.” | “Jeff与Lars沙发卧谈会” |
[01:00] | I don’t know, doc. I think this guy’s got staying power. | 我不知道 医生 我觉得这人有长久做下去的能耐 |
[01:02] | – We did a whole show on that Tuesday. – Cut it out, Roz. | – 他周二的节目就是讲这个的 – 别说了 Roz |
[01:06] | Hey, you know, maybe we should try some of those theme shows. | 嘿 也许我们也该试试这种主题节目 |
[01:09] | You know what, actually, we have done theme shows. | 事实上 我们以前做过主题节目 |
[01:10] | You know, I still get letters about the show we did on existential angst. | 我还能收到关于存在焦虑那期节目的来信呢 |
[01:14] | – No, we don’t. – I get them at home. | – 我们才没有 – 我在家里收到的 |
[01:18] | Well, I’m just saying it wouldn’t hurt to spice things up a little. | 好吧 我只是说小小调剂一下也无伤大雅 |
[01:21] | You know, mention people’s privates once in a while. | 比如说 偶尔提及一下个人隐私 |
[01:25] | Absolutely not. My show is fine the way it is. | 绝对不行 我的节目这样就挺好 |
[01:27] | What it needs is a little more support from this station. | 真正需要的是台里的一点小小的支持 |
[01:29] | How about some advertising? | 做点广告怎么样 |
[01:30] | Whoa, whoa, I don’t wanna just throw money at the problem. | 喂喂 我不想什么问题都扯到钱上 |
[01:33] | – Thirty seconds, Frasier. – Right, right. | – 还有30秒 Frasier – 好吧 好吧 |
[01:35] | Well, then, how about airing some more promos on my lead-in? | 那在我的引入部分多播点广告怎么样 |
[01:38] | I mean they get a sizeable audience. | 他们有不少听众吧 |
[01:39] | Yeah, they do. That’s why we’re moving them to evening drive time. | 没错 所以我们把他们挪到下班高峰时段了 |
[01:43] | You mean I’m their lead-in now? | 你是说现在是我给他们做引入了 |
[01:44] | Yeah, they’re not too happy about it. | 是的 他们还因此很不高兴 |
[01:48] | And we’re back for the final hour of The Frasier Crane Show. | 让我们回到Crane医生秀的最后一小时 |
[01:51] | Our next caller is Garth from Mercer Island. | 下一位听众是来自美色岛的Garth |
[01:54] | Go ahead, Garth, I’m listening. | 请讲 Garth 我在聆听 |
[01:57] | See, this is kind of weird talking about to a psychiatrist, | 和心理医生聊这个还真是有点尴尬 |
[02:00] | but it is something couples go through, | 但每对夫妻都会经历这事 |
[02:02] | and since I’m not using my real name, maybe it’s okay. | 而且既然我没有用真名 也许没问题 |
[02:06] | It’s our household budget. | 是我们的家庭预算的问题 |
[02:16] | Any more sausage, Daph? | 还有香肠吗 Daph |
[02:17] | I told you five links ago, you’re cut off. | 你已经吃了五节香肠了 不能再吃了 |
[02:20] | Oh, come on. I’m being good. I took my cholesterol pill. | 哦 拜托 我表现很好了 我都按时吃胆固醇药了 |
[02:23] | Yes. And that was the last one. | 是的 那是最后一片了 |
[02:25] | You better call Dr. Stewart. | 你最好给Stewart医生打电话 |
[02:26] | Oh, he’ll make me go through a whole physical just to get a refill. | 哦 就为了再开点药他会逼我做一整个全身体检 |
[02:31] | Hey, Niles. Couldn’t you write me a prescription? | 嘿 Niles 你就不能给我写个处方吗 |
[02:33] | – Oh, I can’t, Dad. Sorry. – Why not? | – 哦 我不行的 爸 抱歉 – 为什么不行 |
[02:36] | I don’t have your chart. I’m not familiar with your medical history. | 我没有你的体检表 对你的病历也不了解 |
[02:39] | Oh, come on, you see me every day. You know I’m fine. | 哦 拜托 你每天都能看见我 你知道我身体很好 |
[02:42] | Just get your little pad out and write “More pills.” | 就把你的小本子拿出来写上”更多药片” |
[02:46] | What is the big deal? | 有什么大不了的 |
[02:47] | Why do you hate going to the doctor so much? | 你为什么这么讨厌去看医生 |
[02:48] | – Everybody does. – Not my brother Billy. | – 每个人都讨厌 – 我弟弟Billy就不是 |
[02:51] | He loved going to the doctor’s. | 他特别喜欢去看医生 |
[02:52] | From the time he was a little boy, | 从他很小的时候 |
[02:54] | he’d start getting undressed in the car. | 他在车里就开始脱衣服 |
[02:57] | And, mind you, that was just for the dentist. | 说明一下 那还只是去看牙医 |
[03:01] | As he got older, he volunteered for medical studies. | 等他长大以后 他就去当医疗研究志愿者 |
[03:04] | Supported himself getting all sorts of experimental drugs pumped into him. | 通过往身体里打各种实验药品来养活自己 |
[03:08] | – Think she’s finished? – Wait for it. | – 你觉得她说完了吗 – 等一下 |
[03:10] | One year, he grew little boobies. | 有一年 他胸都大了一点 |
[03:15] | – Hey there. – Ah! | – 你好啊 – 啊 |
[03:16] | – Fras. – Good morning, all. | – Fras – 大家早上好 |
[03:21] | Dear God. | 天哪 |
[03:24] | Do you believe this? Ugh. | 你敢相信这个吗 |
[03:25] | – What? – A full-page ad. | – 怎么了 – 整版的广告 |
[03:29] | “Cuddle up with Dr. Zach.” | “和Zach医生相拥” |
[03:31] | Yes. As if some airbrushed picture of a pretty boy | 是啊 好像喷枪画的小帅哥 |
[03:34] | has anything to do with effective therapy. | 跟有效的心理咨询有半点关系似的 |
[03:36] | He is awfully cute. | 他可真帅 |
[03:38] | Mm. Yet not so much you hate him for it. | 嗯 但没帅到让人恨的地步 |
[03:42] | All right, you know, that’s the reason I keep losing to him in the ratings. | 好吧 就是因为这个我的收听率才总是没有他高 |
[03:45] | His station keeps flooding the marketplace with this useless tripe. | 他的电台总是用这种花里胡哨的玩意抢占市场 |
[03:50] | It’s my turn now. | 现在轮到我了 |
[03:51] | I’m gonna call my agent. | 我要给我经纪人打电话 |
[03:53] | Let her earn her ten percent. | 让她赚她的百分之十 |
[03:55] | Tell you what, once Bebe gets through with the station, | 告诉你们 只要Bebe跟电台一交涉 |
[03:57] | my face will be splattered all over this city. | 我这张脸会印得满大街都是 |
[04:00] | That Bebe is a monster. I don’t know why you chose her. | 那个Bebe是个坏人 我不知道你为什么要选她 |
[04:03] | Yeah, what possessed you? Oh, right, she did. | 就是 谁把你附身了 哦对 就是她 |
[04:07] | Yes, well, Bebe’s evil, but she’s my evil. | 是的 好吧 Bebe是很坏 但她是为我而坏 |
[04:10] | Better bring a newborn baby in case she gets hungry. | 最好找个刚出生的婴儿来以防她饿了 |
[04:14] | Frasier, all this over a picture in the paper? | Frasier 就因为报纸上一张照片吗 |
[04:17] | It seems uh, seems a little petty. | 显得有点小气啊 |
[04:18] | It is not petty. | 这不是小气 |
[04:19] | It’s about getting my due as a respected member of this community, | 这是我作为这个社会团体的一员应得的尊敬 |
[04:22] | and as a titan of Seattle radio psychiatry. Ha! | 而且也是作为西雅图电台心理医生的大佬 哈 |
[04:27] | Yeah, you’re not so pretty with a moustache | 看你长了小胡子 |
[04:29] | and a hairy mole now, are you? Ha. | 和毛痣还帅不帅 哈 |
[04:37] | Frasier Crane Frasier Crane. | |
[04:39] | I wish my eyes were sore so you could be a sight for them. | 见到你实在太高兴了 |
[04:42] | Thank you, Bebe. Thank you for seeing me on such short notice. | 谢谢 Bebe 谢谢你在这么匆忙的安排下见我 |
[04:45] | Oh, there’s no such thing as short notice for my favourite client. | 哦 对于我最爱的客户来说没有匆忙这回事 |
[04:48] | Get Dr. Crane some coffee, please. | 麻烦给Crane医生倒杯咖啡 |
[04:50] | So how may I serve you? | 有什么我能效劳的 |
[04:53] | Well, actually, um, KACL is not doing all it should to promote my show. | 事实上 呃 KACL对于我的节目宣传得不够多 |
[04:58] | Say no more. | 不用再说了 |
[04:59] | We’ll put the fear of God into them. | 我们会让他们感受到上帝之怒 |
[05:01] | We’ll hold their feet to the fire till their skin crackles. | 我们将他们绑上火刑柱把他们皮都烤脆 |
[05:05] | Thank you, Bebe. I knew I could count on you. | 谢谢你 Bebe 我就知道我可以指望你 |
[05:07] | Well, it won’t be me personally. | 呃 不是我本人来做 |
[05:10] | I think now is the time to unleash the newest member of Team Crane. | 我想现在是时候请出Crane团队的最新成员了 |
[05:15] | – What do you mean? – Well, you’ve become too big | – 什么意思 – 你现在已经这么大牌 |
[05:18] | to be served by the efforts of one adoring mortal. | 不能仅仅由一个崇拜你的普通人为你服务了 |
[05:20] | That’s why I’m bringing on more firepower. | 所以我要给咱们加强火力 |
[05:23] | – Oh, I like the sound of that. – Well, I thought you might. | – 哦 听起来不错 – 我想也是 |
[05:26] | Frasier, meet your new agent, Portia Sanders. | Frasier 见见你的新经纪人 Portia Sanders |
[05:29] | Pleased to meet you. | 很高兴见到你 |
[05:35] | Well… we’ve met. | 呃 我们见过了 |
[05:37] | Several hundred times. | 见过几百次了 |
[05:39] | – Uh, this is your assistant. – Not anymore. | – 呃 这是你助手啊 – 不再是了 |
[05:42] | Now she’s a full-fledged junior agent. | 现在她是一名羽翼丰满的新晋经纪人了 |
[05:44] | She brings me coffee. | 她是个给我端咖啡的 |
[05:45] | She’ll bring you Juan Valdez on a donkey, | 她可以骑着驴给你端胡安帝滋咖啡 |
[05:47] | if that’s what you want. | 如果你想的话 |
[05:49] | I thought we should start by scheduling a meeting to get more acquainted. | 我想我们应该 安排一些会面来熟悉彼此 |
[05:52] | We’ve met. | 我们以前见过 |
[05:55] | You’ve only met Portia the assistant, | 你只见过助手Portia |
[05:57] | the girl who spent the last four years answering phones | 那个女孩四年来一直在接电话 |
[05:59] | and getting your coffee just right. | 给你端来合你口味的咖啡 |
[06:01] | Well, Portia the agent | 现在 经纪人Portia |
[06:03] | plans to take that same attention to detail | 打算付出同样的精力来 |
[06:05] | when representing you. | 代理你的各种事务 |
[06:06] | I’m sorry, but you’ve never gotten my coffee right. | 抱歉 但你给我的咖啡从没合过我的口味 |
[06:11] | But you never said anything before. | 但是你之前什么都没说过 |
[06:12] | Yes, I have. Every time. | 我说过 每次都说了 |
[06:13] | Portia, will you give us a minute? | Portia 能让我们单独待一分钟吗 |
[06:16] | Is this about me? | 是我的问题吗 |
[06:17] | Because I would love the opportunity to address any concerns. | 因为我很乐意有机会来解决任何困扰 |
[06:20] | Just go outside. | 先出去就好 |
[06:24] | I’ll be outside if you need me. | 如果你需要我的话 我就在外面 |
[06:26] | Yes, yes, that’s good to know. | 是的 是的 真是让人安心 |
[06:31] | Seems innocent, doesn’t she? Almost naive. | 她看起来头脑简单 是不是 简直是天真 |
[06:34] | That’s the quality that sets the trap. | 就是这种品质能骗到人 |
[06:36] | Then when she’s lulled her prey, | 然后等她的猎物被迷惑了 |
[06:38] | she pounces, pounces like a tigress whose… | 她就会像母老虎一样扑过去 |
[06:39] | All right, Bebe, what’s going on here? | 好了 Bebe 这是怎么回事 |
[06:41] | – Are you fobbing me off? – Ouch. | – 你是在搪塞我吗 – 哎呦 |
[06:45] | Do you want the knife back, or shall I just keep it in my heart? | 这刀你要抽回去吗 还是就插在我心里好了 |
[06:50] | Portia will merely be looking after the day-to-day details, | Portia只是照看一下日常事务 |
[06:53] | freeing me up for the big picture. | 好让我有空处理大局 |
[06:57] | – Really? – Of course. | – 真的 – 当然 |
[06:59] | You are the rock upon which this agency is founded, | 你就是这家事务所的根基 |
[07:03] | upon which we continue to thrive. | 没有你我们就无法发展 |
[07:05] | Oh, sorry to interrupt, Bebe, but we got reservations at 1:00. | 哦 抱歉打扰了 Bebe 但我们订了一点钟的桌位 |
[07:09] | Dr. Zach? | Zach医生 |
[07:10] | – What is he doing here? – Doctor who? | – 他在这干什么 – 什么医生 |
[07:12] | I’m confused. Who are you? | 我糊涂了 你是谁 |
[07:16] | For God’s sake, Bebe. | 苍天啊 Bebe |
[07:19] | You were supposed to meet me in the restaurant, whoever you are. | 你应该在饭店见我 虽然不知道你是谁 |
[07:25] | Bebe, how could you? | Bebe 你怎么能这样 |
[07:28] | I feel so betrayed. | 我感到被背叛了 |
[07:29] | And I am just as outraged as you are. | 我和你一样愤怒 |
[07:33] | You know, I see what’s going on here. | 我看出这是怎么回事了 |
[07:35] | You’re trying to pass me off to your assistant | 你想把我转交给你的助手 |
[07:36] | so that you can devote your full attention to your new number one client. | 好让你有精力来处理你新的首要客户 |
[07:39] | Nonsense. There is no one more important to me than you. | 胡说 对我来说谁都没有你重要 |
[07:44] | Then let him have the junior agent. | 那就把新手经纪人给他啊 |
[07:46] | Frasier, we have done great things, you and I. | Frasier 我们成就过伟大的事业 我们两个 |
[07:51] | We’ve climbed this mountain together, and planted your flag. | 我们一起爬上了这座高山 插下了你的旗帜 |
[07:54] | Now I’ve discovered another young man | 现在我发现了另一个年轻人 |
[07:56] | who wants to plant his flag. | 也想插下他的旗帜 |
[08:01] | Would you deny me the chance to share in that adventure? | 你忍心让我拒绝分享这次冒险的机会吗 |
[08:03] | – Yes. – Oh, come on. Don’t be selfish. | – 我忍心 – 哦 拜托 别那么自私 |
[08:06] | You’ll be fine with Portia. | 你和Portia合作没问题的 |
[08:07] | Don’t forget, she reports directly to me. | 别忘了 我是她的顶头上司 |
[08:11] | Bebe, throughout our relationship, I have put up with a lot, | Bebe 在我们这段关系里 我忍受了很多 |
[08:18] | but I never doubted, for an instant, your devotion to my career. | 但我一刻都没有怀疑过你对我事业的奉献 |
[08:23] | Apparently, that is at an end. | 很明显 你的奉献结束了 |
[08:26] | And so, therefore, is my association with this agency. | 我和这家事务所的关系也因此走到了尽头 |
[08:31] | And screw, may I add, you. | 还有去你 请允许我说 大爷的 |
[08:37] | I was thinking we could have that meeting next Tuesday. | 我想我们可以下周二安排会面 |
[08:40] | We have met. | 我们见过 |
[08:50] | Hey, Fras. You just missed your new agent. | 嘿 Fras 你正好错过了你的新经纪人 |
[08:52] | She sent those. | 那些是她送来的 |
[08:53] | I didn’t miss her. | 我没有错过她 |
[08:54] | I was hiding in the stairwell till she left. | 我是在楼梯间里一直躲到她走 |
[08:58] | And Portia is not my new agent. | 而且Portia也不是我的新经纪人 |
[09:00] | She is Bebe’s minion, her little winged monkey. | 她是Bebe的手下 她的小狗腿子 |
[09:07] | The woman has been hounding me. | 那女人一直在骚扰我 |
[09:09] | You know, I had to turn off my cell phone. | 我只好把手机关掉 |
[09:11] | God only knows how she got the new number. | 天知道她是怎么搞到我的新号码的 |
[09:12] | Oh, Dr. Crane, | 哦 Crane医生 |
[09:13] | did the woman from the Publisher’s Clearing House reach you? | 出版社结算所那个女人联系到你了吗 |
[09:16] | She seemed quite insistent. | 她还真是坚持不懈 |
[09:19] | She sounds like a real go-getter. | 她听起来很能干呢 |
[09:21] | I don’t care if she is. | 我才不管她是不是 |
[09:22] | It’ll be a cold day in hell before I go back to Bebe’s agency. | 我是绝对不可能再回Bebe的事务所 |
[09:25] | Well, uh, you’re not gonna send back the flowers and muffins, are you? | 呃 你不会把鲜花和松饼送回去把 |
[09:30] | – I don’t see any muffins. – I mean, if she had sent muffins. | – 我没看到松饼啊 – 我是说 如果她送了松饼的话 |
[09:37] | Don’t worry, Dad, there will be muffins aplenty. | 别担心 爸爸 会有很多松饼的 |
[09:41] | Now that I am agent-less, | 既然现在我没有经纪人了 |
[09:43] | the word will spread like wildfire. | 流言会像野火一样传开的 |
[09:46] | You be prepared | 你们最好准备好 |
[09:46] | for this phone to start ringing right off the hook. | 这部电话马上就会开始响个不停了 |
[09:53] | I didn’t mean literally. | 我就是打个比方 |
[09:54] | I know, but how great would that have been? | 我知道 但要是真的该多棒啊 |
[09:56] | You say, “Phone’s gonna start ringing,” And boom. | 你说 “电话要开始响了” 于是就响了 |
[09:59] | Yes, yes, yes. | 是的 是的 是的 |
[10:00] | The truth is I’m excited. | 事实上我很激动 |
[10:03] | I’m excited about having a new agent. | 我很激动马上就要有新经纪人了 |
[10:05] | I’m excited about being excited about my career again. | 我很激动又可以为我的事业感到激动了 |
[10:09] | Oh, so close. | 哦 就差一点 |
[10:14] | And so it begins. | 那么就开始了 |
[10:16] | The sharks smell Crane in the water. | 鲨鱼们闻到了水中Crane的气息 |
[10:22] | Let’s just see which one of them’s hungriest, shall we, hmm? | 咱们来看看哪一只最饥渴 好吗 |
[10:27] | Hello. | 喂 |
[10:30] | Yes, could you hold on for just one moment, please? | 是的 请等一下好吗 |
[10:34] | – It’s for you, Dad. – Oh, thanks. | – 是找你的 爸爸 – 哦 谢谢 |
[10:36] | Hello? | 喂 |
[10:38] | Oh, hi, Dr. Stewart, thanks for calling me back, um, | 哦 你好 Stewart医生 谢谢你打给我 |
[10:42] | I was hoping you could refill my prescription | 我希望你能再给我开点药 |
[10:44] | without me coming into the office. | 我就不用去你办公室了 |
[10:47] | Oh, come on, doc, my son’s a doctor, and he says I look fine. | 哦 拜托 医生 我儿子也是医生 他说我看起来很好 |
[10:53] | A psychiatrist. | 是个心理医生 |
[10:56] | Okay, okay. | 好吧 好吧 |
[10:59] | I’ll be in there tomorrow. Bye. | 我明天就过去 再见 |
[11:02] | – I hope you’re satisfied. – Oh, Dad, we’ve discussed this. | – 你满意了吧 – 哦 爸爸 我们讨论过这个了 |
[11:05] | I’m happy to drive you to the doctor, | 我很乐意开车带你去看医生 |
[11:07] | but I can’t just write you a prescription. | 但我不能直接给你开处方 |
[11:09] | I would never violate my ethics like that. | 我不能那样违背我的职业道德 |
[11:11] | – Have you asked Frasier? – Yeah. | – 你问过Frasier了 – 问过了 |
[11:15] | He gives me the same old baloney you do. | 他也跟我说了你那套废话 |
[11:17] | Look, I’ve been taking this medicine for four years, Niles. | 你看 我吃这些药已经四年了 Niles |
[11:20] | I don’t need an exam, I just need a refill. | 我不需要检查了 我只需要再开点药 |
[11:23] | – No. – Here’s a thought. | – 不行 – 我有个想法 |
[11:24] | Niles, you’re a doctor. | Niles 你是个医生 |
[11:26] | Why don’t you give your father a full medical examination? | 你干嘛不给你父亲做个全身检查 |
[11:29] | That way, you’ll both be satisfied. | 那样你们就都开心了 |
[11:41] | – Can you pick me up at 1? – Yeah. | – 你一点钟来接我行吗 – 行 |
[11:46] | Knock-knock. I’m looking for Frasier. | 咚咚 我是来找Frasier的 |
[11:49] | Oh, ahem, he’s not working today. | 哦 他今天不来上班 |
[11:51] | Then why am I hearing his show? | 那为什么我能听见他的节目 |
[11:53] | Well, we play The Best of Crane on Wednesdays. | 我们周三播放”Crane医生秀精选集” |
[11:56] | Oh. Well, would you please ask him to call Portia? | 哦 那能麻烦你让他给Portia打电话吗 |
[11:59] | – It’s really important. – Sure. | – 有很重要的事 – 没问题 |
[12:02] | And I know it’s never easy, Rachel, | 我知道这不简单 Rachel |
[12:05] | but you and your husband won’t get anywhere | 但你和你丈夫的关系没法改善 |
[12:08] | until you confront your problems head-on. | 除非你能直面你们之间的问题 |
[12:15] | We’ll be right back, Seattle, after the news. | 西雅图的听众们 我们新闻后见 |
[12:19] | Can’t dodge her forever. | 你不能永远躲着她 |
[12:22] | I won’t have to, Roz, as soon as I have a new agent. | 我不用 Roz 只要我找到新经纪人就好了 |
[12:24] | – Have there been any calls? – No, sorry. | – 有人打电话吗 – 没有 抱歉 |
[12:26] | What? What the hell is going on? | 什么 这是怎么回事 |
[12:30] | I mean, surely someone would be interested in representing me. | 肯定会有人有兴趣代理我的事务 |
[12:32] | I still have a viable career, | 我还有一份很有前景的事业 |
[12:34] | even if arguably it may or may not be going through | 尽管或许有人会认为我的事业 |
[12:37] | what might be perceived by some as a tiny lull. | 进入了一个小小的停滞阶段 |
[12:43] | There you are. | 你在这啊 |
[12:44] | I was leaving you a note on the windshield of your car, | 我正想在你的挡风玻璃上给你留张字条 |
[12:46] | and I said to myself, “His car’s here, so he’s here. | 然后我对自己说 “他的车在这 所以他也在这” |
[12:49] | So why am I leaving a note on his windshield?” | “那我干嘛要在他的挡风玻璃上给他留字条” |
[12:52] | – Here. – Yes. | – 给 – 好的 |
[12:55] | Portia Portia. | |
[12:58] | I’m sure you’re a lovely person, and I… | 我确信你是个好人 而且 |
[13:01] | I applaud your-your effort to find a new career, | 我很赞成你为了你的新事业所做的努力 |
[13:06] | but not at the expense of my own. | 但别把我的事业砸进去好吗 |
[13:10] | But you haven’t heard my ideas yet. | 但你还没听过我的想法呢 |
[13:12] | Nor will I. | 我是不会听的 |
[13:15] | How can I make this any clearer to you? | 我怎么能给你解释得更清楚点 |
[13:19] | You are not my agent. | 你不是我的经纪人 |
[13:21] | You are not going to be my agent, not now, not ever. | 你也不会成为我的经纪人 现在不是 以后也不是 |
[13:26] | So go practise on someone else’s time | 所以找别人练习去吧 |
[13:30] | and leave me alone. | 别再来烦我 |
[13:42] | That was brutal. | 真残忍 |
[13:44] | Don’t worry, Roz, I’ll be okay. | 别担心 Roz 我会没事的 |
[13:51] | She seems very persistent. | 她看起来很坚持啊 |
[13:53] | That’s not such a horrible thing to have in an agent. | 作为经纪人这点也很不错嘛 |
[13:56] | I’d rather have no agent at all than let Bebe win. | 我宁可不要经纪人也不会让Bebe赢 |
[14:00] | You know, that’s not such a bad idea. | 这个主意也不坏 |
[14:03] | I don’t need an agent. | 我不需要经纪人 |
[14:04] | I can represent myself. | 我可以自己代表自己 |
[14:05] | I mean, I have some insight into the human mind. | 我对人类心理有一定研究 |
[14:08] | I think that would be helpful in negotiations. | 我想这在协商中会有帮助的 |
[14:11] | My God, I should have thought of this sooner. | 天哪 我早怎么没想到 |
[14:14] | Just think of the money I could save. | 想想我这样能省多少钱 |
[14:15] | Isn’t that what you said when you cut your own hair? | 你给自己剪头发的时候不也是这么说的吗 |
[14:20] | No. | 不是 |
[14:21] | That was just an emotional response to an unruly cowlick. | 那只是对翘起的一撮头发的情绪反应 |
[14:24] | Okay, fine. | 好吧 好吧 |
[14:26] | So you represent Frasier Crane. Now what? | 那么你代表了Frasier Crane 然后呢 |
[14:30] | Well, for one, I’ll do what Bebe couldn’t do. | 首先 我会做到Bebe做不到的事 |
[14:32] | I’ll get Kenny to boost the advertising budget for our show. | 我会让Kenny提高我们节目的广告预算 |
[14:36] | Well, you already asked him that. He said no. | 你已经和他提过了 他说不行 |
[14:38] | Yes, that was Dr. Frasier Crane asking. | 是的 但那是Frasier Crane医生问他的 |
[14:40] | Now it’s Agent Crane, | 现在是Crane经纪人来问他 |
[14:43] | licensed to charm. | 运用我的魅力 |
[14:46] | – What is it, doc? Is this about promos? – No. | – 什么事 医生 又是广告的事吗 – 才不是 |
[14:49] | Would you…? Do you believe this guy? | 你能 你能相信这人吗 |
[14:52] | No, Kenny. Listen, I’ve been thinking. | 不 Kenny 听着 我想过了 |
[14:54] | You know, I think it’s high time that you and I got together | 我想现在正是我们俩 |
[14:57] | outside of the workplace. | 在工作之外聚聚的时候了 |
[14:59] | So there’s a little club downtown that I go to. | 城里有个我常去的小俱乐部 |
[15:03] | How would you like to join me tomorrow | 你想不想明天跟我一起 |
[15:05] | for a little, uh… little massage, a little steam, huh? Huh? | 去来点 呃 来点按摩 来点汗蒸 哈 |
[15:10] | – What do you say? – Are you kidding? | – 你觉得怎么样 – 你在逗我吗 |
[15:12] | I’m front and centre with a fistful of singles. | 我手拿一沓一元钞票可是很受簇拥的 |
[15:17] | Kenny, ha, ha, it’s not that kind of club. | Kenny 哈哈 不是那种俱乐部 |
[15:20] | Oh. | 哦 |
[15:21] | Fives? | 要五元钞票啊 |
[15:25] | What is wrong with you? | 你脑子有问题吧 |
[15:27] | It’s an athletic club | 就是个体育俱乐部 |
[15:29] | with, uh, squash courts and a swimming pool. | 有壁球场和游泳池那种 |
[15:31] | Oh. Right. | 哦 好的 |
[15:35] | Gotcha. | 我懂的 |
[15:41] | Hmm, sure you’re happy. | 嗯 你肯定高兴了 |
[15:43] | You’re not gonna be spending the next hour sitting bare-assed | 你又不用光着屁股在冰冷的铁桌子上 |
[15:45] | on some cold steel table. | 坐一个小时 |
[15:47] | And neither are you, you big baby. | 你也不会的 老小孩 |
[15:51] | I’m sorry. I’d help if I could, Dad, but I swore an oath. | 抱歉 如果我能帮你我会帮的 爸爸 但我宣过誓的 |
[15:57] | Oh, I wonder what this is about. | 哦 我不知道这是怎么回事 |
[16:00] | I’m sure it’s just a misunderstanding. | 肯定只是个误会 |
[16:03] | Good afternoon, officer. Uh, I didn’t do anything wrong, did I? | 下午好 警官 呃 我没做错什么吧 |
[16:06] | Actually, son, you made an illegal left turn back there. | 事实上 儿子 刚才那里是禁止左转的 |
[16:09] | Thank you, Dad. | 谢谢 爸爸 |
[16:11] | Licence and registration, please. | 请出示驾照和登记证 |
[16:16] | Uh, you know, officer, my father here | 呃 警官 我父亲 |
[16:19] | is no stranger to the rules of the road. | 他对交通法规也很熟悉的 |
[16:22] | Isn’t that right, Dad? | 不是吗 爸爸 |
[16:26] | Yes, sir, he is, uh, intimately acquainted with Lady Law. | 是啊 长官 他 呃 和法律女神很熟的 |
[16:30] | Aren’t you, Dad? | 不是吗 爸爸 |
[16:31] | Just a concerned citizen. | 只是个热心群众罢了 |
[16:34] | I’ll be right back. | 我马上回来 |
[16:39] | Why didn’t you flash your badge and get me out of a ticket? | 你干嘛不把警徽亮出来好让我少吃个罚单 |
[16:42] | Well, I would’ve, Niles, but I took an oath too. | 我也想啊 Niles 但我也宣过誓的 |
[16:44] | – Oh… – However, | – 噢 – 然而 |
[16:46] | if you were to take out that prescription pad… | 如果你肯把处方本拿出来 |
[16:50] | Are you blackmailing your own son? | 你是在敲诈自己的儿子吗 |
[16:51] | I’d write fast. | 如果我是你就赶紧写了 |
[16:52] | There’s nothing I can do once he writes that ticket. | 一旦他开了罚单我也没办法了 |
[17:00] | Officer? | 警官 |
[17:05] | Yes? | 什么事 |
[17:06] | Uh, yeah, officer, um… | 呃 是这样 警官 |
[17:09] | I was wondering if maybe you could give my son a break. | 我在想你能不能给我儿子行个方便 |
[17:13] | Uh, I don’t think he’ll be doing that again. | 呃 我想他不会再犯这个错误了 |
[17:15] | Well, uh, I guess this time I can let it slide. | 好吧 我想这次我可以让你们走 |
[17:20] | – Drive carefully. – Oh, I will. Thank you, sir. | – 小心驾驶 – 哦 我会的 谢谢 长官 |
[17:28] | What? | 怎么了 |
[17:29] | I got news for you. | 我有件事告诉你 |
[17:31] | You didn’t make an illegal left turn. | 你没有违规左转 |
[17:33] | That’s a buddy of mine. I set the whole thing up | 那是我的人 这事是我设计的 |
[17:35] | to get you to write me my prescription. | 好让你给我写处方 |
[17:40] | I got news for you. | 我也有事告诉你 |
[17:41] | I just drew you a picture of a dog. | 我给你画了个小狗 |
[17:54] | So, what’d you think? | 那么 你觉得怎么样 |
[17:55] | – Oh, I could get addicted to that. – Here. Yeah. | – 哦 我可能会上瘾的 – 给 是啊 |
[17:58] | – What was that stuff? – Steam. | – 那是什么玩意 – 汗蒸 |
[18:01] | – Oh, it felt so great. – Ah. | – 哦 感觉真棒 – 啊 |
[18:03] | – Everything’s great here. – Ah. | – 这里一切都很棒 – 啊 |
[18:05] | I can’t believe I never heard of this place. | 真不敢相信我以前没听说过这个地方 |
[18:07] | They should advertise or something. | 他们应该做点广告什么的 |
[18:08] | You know, speaking of advertising, | 说起做广告 |
[18:10] | I think our recent dip in the ratings | 我觉得我们最近收听率下滑 |
[18:13] | is due to a lack of advertising. | 就是因为广告打得不够 |
[18:15] | Oh, what’s to advertise, doc? | 哦 有什么可打广告的呢 医生 |
[18:18] | Your show’s nine years old. | 你的节目都播了九年了 |
[18:19] | Unless there’s some new angle to promote, | 除非能提出什么新角度 |
[18:21] | it’s money better spent elsewhere. | 钱还是花在别处吧 |
[18:23] | Now, if you’ll excuse me, | 现在 抱歉离开一下 |
[18:24] | I noticed a basket of free combs by the sink. | 我看到水池边上有一篮子免费梳子 |
[18:36] | – Dr. Crane. – Aah! | – Crane医生 – 啊 |
[18:39] | Portia, what the hell are you doing here? | Portia 你在这做什么 |
[18:41] | This is a private club and a men’s locker room. Get out. | 这是私人俱乐部的男士更衣室 出去 |
[18:44] | Not until you give me a chance. | 你不给我个机会我就不出去 |
[18:46] | Look, I told you I’m not interested. | 你瞧 我告诉过你我没兴趣了 |
[18:48] | Hey, doc, can I borrow your roll-on? | 嘿 医生 我能借下你的除臭剂吗 |
[18:50] | I left mine at home. Hey! | 我的忘在家里了 嘿 |
[18:53] | Ah, you must be Kenny Daly. | 啊 你一定是Kenny Daly了 |
[18:54] | I’m Portia Sanders, Frasier’s agent. | 我叫Portia Sanders 是Frasier的经纪人 |
[18:56] | – She is not my agent. – I’m naked. | – 她不是我的经纪人 – 我还裸着呢 |
[18:59] | How much are you prepared to increase this man’s advertising budget? | 你准备在这位的广告预算中加多少钱 |
[19:02] | Zero, and again, naked. | 一点也不加 再说一遍 裸着呢 |
[19:04] | Kenny, look, I apologise for this. | Kenny 我很抱歉发生这种事 |
[19:07] | Portia, you’re leaving. | Portia 快出去 |
[19:09] | – Not until he hears me out. – Well, forget it. I’m out of here. | – 除非他好好听我说完 – 别想了 我现在就走 |
[19:11] | Hey. What are you doing? | 嘿 你干什么 |
[19:13] | Taking your pants. | 抢你的裤子 |
[19:15] | You’ll get them back when I’m finished. | 等我说完就还给你 |
[19:17] | Okay, you’re saving a few bucks on advertising, | 好吧 你在广告方面省了几块钱 |
[19:20] | but with a little investment now, | 但是现在做一点小小的投资 |
[19:22] | you can make a bundle when we syndicate. | 当我们的节目给多个电台联播的时候你会大赚一笔 |
[19:25] | Are you kidding? Who’s gonna wanna syndicate Frasier? | 你在逗我吗 哪会有别的台买Frasier的节目 |
[19:27] | Hey. | 嘿 |
[19:28] | No, no, no offence, doc, but if you were gonna syndicate… | 不不 没有恶意 医生 但是如果你都能卖出去 |
[19:31] | All right! Sit down and listen up! | 行了 坐好认真听 |
[19:36] | Ooh. | 噢 |
[19:43] | Legs together. | 腿合上 |
[19:49] | All right, maybe you two don’t see the potential for syndication, | 好了 也许你们两个没有看到联播的潜力 |
[19:53] | but I do. | 但我看到了 |
[19:54] | Sure the big markets are harder to crack, | 确实市场大形势很难动摇 |
[19:56] | but we’ll start smaller. | 但我们可以从小处着手 |
[19:57] | KPCD in Medford, KBAB in Boise. | 梅德福的KPCD 博伊西的KBAB |
[20:01] | They’re both changing the formats. After the beginning of the year, | 他们都要改版了 等到明年年初 |
[20:04] | they’re going to need new programming. | 他们都会需要新的节目编排 |
[20:05] | Soon we’ll have a vast and viable audience. | 很快我们就会有广泛活跃的听众群 |
[20:08] | Oh, think of it. | 哦 想想吧 |
[20:09] | The obsessive-compulsive on his tractor. | 开着拖拉机的强迫症农民 |
[20:11] | The bipolar cop on his beat. | 巡逻的躁郁症警察 |
[20:13] | The soccer mom seething with rage. | 强压怒火的足球妈妈 |
[20:16] | And they’re all out there across this great land of ours | 他们都在这片广袤的土地上 |
[20:19] | – just waiting for you to help them. – I’ve always thought that. | – 等着你去帮助他们呢 – 我一直都是这么想的 |
[20:22] | Yes. | 是啊 |
[20:23] | But I can’t do any of this | 但是我自己没法做到这些 |
[20:25] | unless you start backing us up with some advertising. | 除非你用点广告来支持我们 |
[20:27] | And you, oh, you’ve got to be ready | 还有你 哦 你必须做好准备 |
[20:29] | to schmooze every station manager | 从波特兰到另一个波特兰 |
[20:31] | from Portland to the other Portland. | 拍遍每个电台经理的马屁 |
[20:34] | I’m hungry for this. | 我饥渴难耐了 |
[20:36] | I need you both to be as hungry as I am. | 我需要你们两个和我一样饥渴 |
[20:39] | – Are you hungry? – I’m starving. | – 你饥渴吗 – 我快饥渴死了 |
[20:42] | Me too. | 我也是 |
[20:43] | Great. Call my office Monday morning | 太好了 周一上午打电话到我办公室 |
[20:45] | and we’ll go over the details. | 我们再谈细节 |
[20:51] | Wow. | 哇 |
[20:53] | That was my very first locker-room pep talk. | 那是我第一次听更衣室激励演讲 |
[20:58] | Mine too. | 我也是 |
[20:59] | – She took your pants, you know. – I know. | – 她把你裤子拿走了 你知道吧 – 我知道 |