时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:23] | Excuse me, Cam. | 不好意思 Cam |
[00:26] | Oh, hello, Frasier. Still driving a sedan? | 哦 你好啊 Frasier 还开小轿车呢 |
[00:29] | Yes, well, at least mine fits in the allotted space. | 是啊 至少我的车能停进画好的格子里 |
[00:32] | Unlike this new behemoth you’re driving. | 不像你新开的这辆庞然大物 |
[00:35] | Well, actually it’s the Behemoth XL. | 其实这是”庞然大物”加大款 |
[00:37] | Well, use care getting out. | 出来的时候小心点 |
[00:40] | Come back here. You know very well I can’t get out! | 回来 你明知道我出不来了 |
[00:43] | Oh. I’m sorry. | 哦 很抱歉 |
[00:46] | Let me see what I can do about that. | 我看看我能帮点什么 |
[00:51] | Oh! | 哦 |
[00:52] | Tough break. | 真是难办 |
[00:54] | If I move, I’ll be over the line on the other side. | 如果我挪车的话 我就越过另一边的线了 |
[00:57] | But you’re over the line on this side. | 但是你现在越了我这边的线 |
[00:59] | Actually, if you were standing out here, you would see | 事实上 如果你站在这里看 |
[01:01] | that I am just on the line, which, as we both know, is in. | 我其实刚好压线 也就是 我们都懂得 在线内呢 |
[01:05] | If I were standing out | 我要是能站在那里 |
[01:05] | there we wouldn’t be having this conversation. | 我们还用得着在这废话吗 |
[01:08] | I wish I could help. | 我真希望能帮上忙 |
[01:09] | Maybe next time you’ll think twice | 也许下次我家开派对的时候 |
[01:11] | before calling the police when I have a party. | 你叫警察之前要好好考虑一下了 |
[01:14] | What makes you think it was me? | 你怎么知道是我叫的 |
[01:16] | You’re the only one in the building I didn’t invite. | 整栋楼只有你没被邀请 |
[01:24] | For God’s sake. | 苍天啊 |
[02:01] | Thanks again for the ride, Roz. | 谢谢你送我 Roz |
[02:03] | Sure, no problem. | 没关系 不麻烦 |
[02:05] | Isn’t this a lot of stuff for just one night? | 只住一晚干嘛带这么多东西 |
[02:07] | Oh, it’s not for one night. | 哦 不是只住一晚 |
[02:08] | Niles and I have decided | Niles和我决定 |
[02:09] | to keep a few things at each other’s houses. | 在对方的家里留点东西 |
[02:11] | You know, save running back and forth. | 你知道 就省得来回跑了 |
[02:14] | There you are. I thought I heard you come in. | 你在这啊 我就说听到你进来了 |
[02:16] | Oh, hey, Roz. | 哦 你好啊 Roz |
[02:19] | – Niles. – My God, what is all that? | – Niles – 老天啊 那都是什么 |
[02:23] | Oh, it’s the stuff I’m gonna be keeping at your place. | 哦 只是我想放在你家的东西 |
[02:25] | Oh. Roz, since you’re here, do you mind giving me a ride? | 对了 Roz 既然你都来了 你介意送我一程吗 |
[02:27] | What’s wrong with your car? | 你的车怎么了 |
[02:29] | I had to lend it to Frasier. His is drying out. Long story. | 我的借给Frasier了 他的还没晾干呢 说来话长 |
[02:33] | Well, uh, I don’t think I’m | 呃 我觉得 |
[02:34] | gonna be able to get all that stuff in my car. | 我的车装不下你这么多东西 |
[02:36] | Oh, once we get the rest of Daphne’s stuff out, | 哦 等下我们把Daphne的其他东西拿出来 |
[02:39] | there’ll be plenty of room. | 就有地方了 |
[02:40] | These are all my things. | 我就这些东西 |
[02:43] | Oh. Well, uh, I guess I could do without this dressing gown. | 哦 呃 其实我可以不带这件便袍 |
[02:50] | Oh, but what if I’m wearing dark pyjamas? Eh. | 但是我要是穿了深色睡衣怎么办 呃 |
[02:53] | Yeah, that would be all crazy. | 是啊 那就全完了 |
[02:56] | Niles, maybe if I take the seat out of my car, | Niles 要是我把车座卸下来 |
[02:58] | I can cram all this stuff in. | 说不定能把这些东西塞进去 |
[03:00] | Yeah, that might work, but let’s not move anything | 是啊 说不定可以 但是先别搬东西 |
[03:02] | until Niles and I have a little discussion about this. | 让我和Niles稍微谈谈这件事 |
[03:05] | Um… | 嗯 |
[03:06] | Well, I definitely know I’m gonna need this one. | 我非常确定会需要这包东西 |
[03:09] | – Oh. I’ll take it down. – Okay, thanks. | – 哦 我帮你拿下去 – 好 谢谢 |
[03:11] | – Niles, what do you have in here? – Um, ties. | – Niles 你这里装的是什么啊 – 领带 |
[03:18] | Something wrong? | 怎么了 |
[03:19] | Where are we supposed to put all this? | 这么多东西我们往哪放 |
[03:21] | I cleared out two drawers. This will fill two closets. | 我清出来两个抽屉 这都能装两衣柜了 |
[03:24] | Well, we said we’d both | 我们不是说好了 |
[03:25] | bring whatever we needed for any eventuality. | 把所有可能用到的东西都带上 |
[03:27] | Isn’t there anything you can leave behind? | 你就没有一点可以不带的东西吗 |
[03:29] | I don’t see how. I have formal, semi-formal, dishabille, | 我也没办法啊 我这有正装 半正装 便装 |
[03:32] | wet weather, cold weather, cloudy. | 下雨穿的 冷天穿的 阴天穿的 |
[03:34] | I mean, if there’s something | 我是说 你要是能找到一点 |
[03:35] | here you find excessive, jump right in. | 多余的东西 请便 |
[03:37] | I just don’t have the space, | 我只是没有那么多空间 |
[03:39] | and I don’t see your brother giving up any of his. | 你哥哥也不太可能腾地方 |
[03:41] | Maybe this isn’t gonna work. | 也许这行不通 |
[03:43] | I’m sorry. I thought this would make things easier. | 抱歉 我还以为这样会方便些 |
[03:45] | – And it would if I had more room. – Hmm. | – 真的会方便些 要是我有地方的话 – 嗯 |
[03:48] | You’re right. That was thoughtless of me. | 你说的对 我考虑太不周全了 |
[03:51] | Guess I’m just used to rattling around here all by myself. | 我猜我是一个人随便惯了 |
[03:55] | Sometimes I think this is too much space for just one person. | 有时候我觉得对一个人来说空间太大了 |
[04:03] | – You know… – Yes? | – 你知道 – 什么 |
[04:06] | – You could live here. – Are you asking me? | – 你可以搬过来住 – 你是在邀请我吗 |
[04:09] | – Would you like to? – Would you like me to? | – 你想来吗 – 你想让我来吗 |
[04:13] | – Yeah. – Then I will. | – 想啊 – 那我愿意搬过来 |
[04:17] | Okay. | 好的 |
[04:20] | Wow. | 哇哦 |
[04:23] | – That was a big thing. – I’ll say. | – 这可是件大事 – 可不是吗 |
[04:26] | – I’m gonna live in your apartment. – Our apartment. | – 我要搬来你家住了 – 咱们家 |
[04:28] | Our apartment. Oh, my, I’m gonna have to practise saying that. | 咱们家 哦 天哪 我得练习一下这种说法 |
[04:31] | “Let’s go back to our apartment.” | “咱们回家吧” |
[04:33] | Yeah. “Why don’t we meet at our apartment?” | 是啊 “咱们家里见怎么样” |
[04:34] | “Oh, my, our apartment has a gas leak.” | “哦 天哪 咱家煤气漏了” |
[04:36] | “Oh, no, our apartment’s going to explode!” | “哦 不 咱们家要爆炸了” |
[04:39] | “Oh, no, there goes our apartment!” | “哦 不 咱们家炸没了” |
[04:44] | – So, what else we taking? – Good news, Roz. | – 那么 还有什么要拿的 – 好消息 Roz |
[04:47] | Niles and I are moving in together. | Niles和我要搬到一起住了 |
[04:49] | Oh, hey, that’s great news. | 哦 嘿 那真是太棒了 |
[04:51] | So I didn’t have to strip two bolts | 所以我根本没必要拆掉两个螺栓 |
[04:53] | and grease up my shirt moving the seat out after all. | 还弄了自己一身油把车座卸下来 |
[04:56] | Nope. And you didn’t need to take Niles’ ties down either. | 没错 而且你也没必要把Niles的领带拿下去 |
[04:58] | No, no, no, but I will get the ties. | 不用 但还是我去拿领带吧 |
[05:00] | You stay here in our apartment. | 你就待在我们家 |
[05:01] | – Our apartment. Our living room. – Yes. | – 我们家 我们的客厅 – 没错 |
[05:04] | – Our fireplace. Yeah. – Our kitchen. | – 我们的壁炉 – 我们的厨房 |
[05:07] | – Our bedroom. – Our bedroom. | – 我们的卧室 – 我们的卧室 |
[05:12] | I’ll get the ties. | 我还是去拿领带吧 |
[05:22] | You should’ve been at the condo board meeting, dad. | 你应该来参加公寓董事会的 爸 |
[05:24] | You missed all the excitement. | 你可错过不少激动人心的时刻 |
[05:27] | Now, don’t tell me. | 别告诉我 让我猜猜 |
[05:28] | People argued about some dumb building policy | 你们就愚蠢的公寓政策大吵一番 |
[05:31] | and then you all had cookies. | 然后大家一起吃点饼干 |
[05:34] | Not this time. | 这次不是了 |
[05:36] | I gave the greatest speech of my condo-board career. | 我发表了公寓董事会生涯中最伟大的一次演讲 |
[05:41] | Which led to a vote, which led to the ruling that Cam Winston | 从而促成了一次投票 结果是勒令Cam Winston |
[05:43] | must now park that SUV monstrosity of his in the sub-basement. | 现在必须把那辆巨型SUV停到下层地下室去 |
[05:48] | Then we had cookies. | 然后我们一起吃了饼干 |
[05:51] | My mistake. | 我的错 |
[05:53] | – How did Cam take it? – He was livid, thank you. | – Cam有什么反应 – 他气得脸都青了 谢谢 |
[05:57] | But I pointed out that the emissions from his over-sized vehicle | 但是我指出他过于巨大的车子的排量 |
[06:00] | endangered the health of anyone passing through the lobby | 威胁着每个经过大厅的人的健康 |
[06:02] | and I won the day. | 于是我赢了 |
[06:04] | People bought that? | 他们这都信 |
[06:06] | Dad, I am an orator, hmm? | 爸 我可是演讲家 |
[06:10] | It is not only that which is said, | 不仅是演讲的内容 |
[06:11] | but the passion with which it is said. | 演讲时投入的激情也极其重要 |
[06:14] | You’re saying it now and it just sounds like a lot of hooey. | 你现在不就在讲话吗 怎么听起来像胡说八道 |
[06:19] | That’s because I’m not orating right now. | 那是因为我现在没在演讲 |
[06:21] | Oh, just go back to your paper. | 看你的报纸去 |
[06:27] | Ah. | 啊 |
[06:28] | Good afternoon again, Cam. | 下午好 又见面了 Cam |
[06:30] | Listen, Crane, you may have bamboozled the condo board, | 听着 Crane 你可能是忽悠住了公寓董事会 |
[06:33] | but we both know you just want more room | 但我们都清楚你就是想要更宽敞的地方 |
[06:36] | to swing your fat ass into that BMW. | 来把你这死胖子塞进那辆宝马里去 |
[06:41] | Cam, if there is any benefit to me, | Cam 如果说我得到了任何一点实惠 |
[06:43] | it is the cleaner air which we will all now breathe. | 那也是我们每个人呼吸的空气更清新了 |
[06:46] | Oh, get off your high horse. You do your share of polluting | 哦 别给自己戴高帽了 你开的那辆 |
[06:49] | with that substitute for masculinity you’re driving. | 给自己撑男子气概的车还不是一样污染空气 |
[06:53] | If mine’s a substitute for masculinity, then what is yours? | 如果我的车是给自己撑男子气概 那你的车算什么 |
[06:56] | Bigger. | 比你的大 |
[06:58] | Ha! | 哈 |
[07:00] | That wasn’t funny. | 有什么好笑的 |
[07:04] | I’m sorry, Cam, but I believe the issue is closed. | 抱歉 Cam 但我想这事已经结束了 |
[07:06] | It was voted on by the majority | 这是本着我们称为美国的 |
[07:07] | in the spirit of the great democracy that is America. | 伟大民主精神的大多数人投票决定的 |
[07:10] | I believe that is check and mate. Good day. | 我想这局棋已经将军了 日安 |
[07:14] | Boo-hoo, Cam. No more blocking my driver’s-side door. | 吃瘪了吧 Cam 看你还挡不挡我驾驶位车门 |
[07:18] | You think that’s smart, | 你以为这是好事吗 |
[07:19] | ticking off the guy who lives right above us? | 跟住我们楼上的邻居撕破脸 |
[07:21] | Dad, we are protected by this building’s constitution. | 爸 我们有大楼的宪法保护呢 |
[07:24] | Believe me, I will have Cam cited for a noise violation | 相信我 Cam要是敢放个屁 |
[07:26] | if he so much as drops a hint. | 我就以噪音扰民投诉他 |
[07:30] | – Hi. – Hello. | – 嗨 – 你们好 |
[07:32] | – Hey. – Hello. I’m glad you’re both here. | – 嘿 – 你们好 真高兴你们俩都在 |
[07:35] | We have news. | 我们有消息要宣布 |
[07:37] | I’m moving in with Niles. | 我要搬去和Niles住了 |
[07:39] | Oh. | 哦 |
[07:40] | That is a big decision. My goodness. | 那可是件大事 天哪 |
[07:44] | – Yeah. – Congratulations. | – 是啊 – 恭喜了 |
[07:45] | Wow. It’s not gonna be the same around here without you. | 哇 没有你在身边一切都会不一样了 |
[07:49] | Don’t worry, I’ll still be around plenty, | 别担心 就算我不住这里 |
[07:51] | even if I’m not living here. | 我还是会经常来的 |
[07:54] | Hello? Oh, Mum. | 喂 哦 妈 |
[07:58] | Yeah, I’m sorry, I’ve been meaning to call, | 是 抱歉 我本来想打电话的 |
[08:00] | but Dr. Crane yells at me whenever I phone long distance. | 但是我每次一打长途Crane医生就吼我 |
[08:03] | – I do not. – Let her say whatever she needs to. | – 我才没有 – 就让她这么说应付一下嘛 |
[08:05] | Yeah, and poor old Mr. Crane. He’s so feeble | 是啊 还有可怜的Crane老先生 他那么虚弱 |
[08:07] | he can’t even make it to the loo by himself. | 自己都没法上厕所 |
[08:09] | – Hey! – Sorry. | – 嘿 – 抱歉 |
[08:13] | Can you believe it? | 你们能相信吗 |
[08:14] | I am actually going to be | 我真的要 |
[08:15] | living under the same roof with the woman I adore. | 和我喜欢的女人住在同一个屋檐下了 |
[08:18] | If you’d told me two years ago that this was gonna happen, | 要是两年前告诉我会发生这样的事 |
[08:20] | I’d have said you were crazy. | 我会说你疯了 |
[08:21] | I know exactly how you feel, Niles. | 我知道你的感受 Niles |
[08:23] | You know, I used to think that | 话说 我之前也觉得 |
[08:23] | Cam Winston’s SUV was immovable. | Cam Winston那辆SUV稳如磐石 |
[08:26] | And now look at me. | 看看现在怎么样了 |
[08:30] | Well, I think this calls for a celebration. | 我想我们该庆祝一下 |
[08:32] | – How about some champagne? – Oh, stay there, I’ll get the Dom. | – 喝点香槟怎么样 – 坐着别动 我去拿瓶好酒 |
[08:36] | Well, it’s the end of an era. | 这是一个时代的终结 |
[08:40] | Yeah. It’s been the three of us under this roof for nine years. | 是啊 我们三个住在这里已经九年了 |
[08:45] | Do you remember when Daphne first came here? | 你还记得Daphne刚来的时候吗 |
[08:48] | She was so young and naive. | 她那时年轻又天真 |
[08:50] | I didn’t think she’d last a week. | 我觉得她撑不了一个星期 |
[08:52] | Yet she somehow managed to forge a relationship | 但不知怎么她就是有办法 |
[08:54] | with a blustery psychiatrist and a crotchety old man. | 跟一个唠叨的心理医生和一个怪脾气老头搞好关系 |
[09:01] | And with me too. | 还有我 |
[09:08] | Yes, Dad, with you too. | 是啊 爸 还有你 |
[09:11] | Well, we knew she wouldn’t be around forever, | 我们都知道她不会永远住在这 |
[09:12] | but I never would’ve guessed she’d end up with Niles. | 但我从来没想到她会和Niles在一起 |
[09:16] | I know. | 我知道 |
[09:17] | He’s come so far since the dark days of Maris and Mel. | 脱离了Maris和Mel的魔掌之后他可真成长了不少 |
[09:23] | Well, I guess from now on it’s just you and I. | 好吧 我想从现在开始就只有咱们俩个人了 |
[09:26] | You and me, Dad. | 是咱们两个人 爸 |
[09:28] | This is gonna be great. | 这下日子可好过了 |
[09:33] | – So, Niles, when is moving day? – As soon as possible. | – 那么 Niles 什么时候搬家呢 – 越快越好 |
[09:36] | Once we made the decision, neither of us wants to waste a second. | 我们一旦做了决定 就都不想浪费任何一秒 |
[09:39] | – Well, the move’s off. – What? | – 搬家的事吹了 – 啥 |
[09:42] | Just temporarily. My parents are coming for a visit. | 只是暂时的 我父母要来看我 |
[09:45] | Well, what does that have to do with us living together? | 可是 那和我们一起住有什么关系 |
[09:48] | Well, I just think, with all | 我只是想 考虑到 |
[09:49] | the confusion there is involved with a move, | 搬一次家要花那么多精力 |
[09:51] | it’s best if we wait till after they leave. | 我们不如等到我父母走再搬 |
[09:53] | Or we could call a mover | 或者我们可以打电话找个搬家公司 |
[09:54] | and have your stuff over at my place by tomorrow. | 明天之前就把你的东西搬到我那里去 |
[09:56] | And your parents could stay with us. | 你父母可以和我们一起住 |
[09:58] | Oh, Niles, that is so sweet. I know they’ll love that. | 哦 Niles 你真好 我想他们也会喜欢的 |
[10:03] | But I think I should wait until after their visit to move. | 但我觉得我还是该等他们走了再搬 |
[10:07] | – Daphne, what’s going on? – Nothing. | – Daphne 出了什么事 – 没事 |
[10:08] | I just think… Well, why rush? | 我只是觉得 干嘛这么急呢 |
[10:12] | Moving is something to be enjoyed. | 搬家是一个应该去享受的过程 |
[10:18] | So just to clarify, you’re going to stay here, | 所以总的来说 你还想住在这 |
[10:21] | but your parents are going to stay with me? | 但是让你父母跟我住 |
[10:23] | I’m so glad you understand. | 你能理解真是太好了 |
[10:26] | What happened? | 这是怎么回事 |
[10:32] | I hope Daphne’s not having trouble with their luggage. | 我希望Daphne搬行李没有什么困难 |
[10:34] | I should have gone with her to the airport. | 我应该陪她去机场的 |
[10:35] | What kind of impression does it make that I didn’t go with her? | 我没去会留下什么样的印象啊 |
[10:38] | – She didn’t want you to go with her. – Yeah. What does that say? | – 她不想让你去 – 是啊 那又是什么意思 |
[10:40] | Niles, will you relax? | Niles 你别紧张好吗 |
[10:42] | You always make a good first impression. | 你给别人的第一印象总是很好的 |
[10:44] | Second impression. The first I made when I kidnapped their daughter | 第二印象 我给他们的第一印象是在婚礼上 |
[10:46] | from her wedding. | 绑架了他们女儿 |
[10:49] | Oh, God, where are my crab croquettes? | 天哪 我的蟹肉饼在哪呢 |
[10:52] | – I put them in the warming oven. – They’ll dry out. | – 我放烘箱里了 – 会干掉的 |
[10:54] | – Then I’ll serve them. – No! They’ll get cold. | – 那我就端上来 – 那会凉的 |
[10:55] | Oh! I don’t know. I don’t know. | 噢 怎么办 怎么办 |
[10:58] | Now! Now! Crab croquettes! | 现在 现在 蟹肉饼 |
[10:59] | Dad, Dad, it’s showtime. Keep your wits about you. | 爸 爸 表现的时候到了 随机应变 |
[11:03] | Right, I’ll just follow your lead. | 好的 我听你指示 |
[11:09] | Oh, Mrs. Moon. Welcome. Come in. | 哦 Moon夫人 欢迎 请进 |
[11:11] | – Mum, you remember Niles? – Of course. | – 妈妈 你记得Niles吧 – 当然 |
[11:15] | You know, I was quite cross with you | 你知道 当初你把我女儿 |
[11:16] | when you stole my daughter away from that rich lawyer, | 从那个多金律师身边拐走我可是相当看不惯你 |
[11:20] | but from the looks of this place, you do all right. | 但是从这房子来看 你也还不错 |
[11:22] | Oh. Heh. | 哦 呵呵 |
[11:24] | Uh, nice to see you again, Mrs. Moon. Martin Crane. | 啊 很高兴又见面了 Moon夫人 我是Martin Crane |
[11:27] | Oh, of course. | 哦 当然 |
[11:29] | You’re the one who’s kind enough to keep my daughter employed. | 你就是那位善良地雇用我女儿的人 |
[11:32] | It’s not kindness. She does a great job. | 这不是出于善良 她很胜任这份工作 |
[11:34] | Well, she does what she can with what God gave her. | 她也只是靠着天分做力所能及的事 |
[11:40] | Um, where’s Mr. Moon? | 呃 Moon先生在哪 |
[11:42] | Oh. Well, actually there’s been a slight change of plans. | 哦 事实上计划有一点小小的改变 |
[11:44] | Hello, hello. | 好啊 好啊 |
[11:47] | – Simon – Simon – Simon! – Simon? | |
[11:48] | Buddy, how you doing? Well, I’m thirsty for a start. | 哥们 你怎么样 反正我很渴 |
[11:52] | Then let’s take care of that. | 那交给咱们来解决 |
[11:54] | Oh, I could use a tiny nip of something meself. | 哦 我自己也想喝点东西呢 |
[11:59] | What is your brother doing here? | 你哥在这干什么 |
[12:01] | My dad couldn’t make it, so Mum brought him instead. | 我爸没能来 所以妈就把他带来了 |
[12:03] | Why? Why didn’t your dad come? | 为什么 你爸为什么没来 |
[12:05] | I don’t know. I’m disappointed, but I’m not surprised. | 我不知道 我有点失望 但并不吃惊 |
[12:08] | – Dad doesn’t like to travel. – Why not? | – 爸不喜欢旅行 – 为什么 |
[12:10] | You know, that flight made my feet swell up | 坐飞机搞得我脚 |
[12:13] | like a couple of Christmas hams. | 像圣诞节火腿一样肿 |
[12:15] | Oh, Simon, give them a rub. | 哦 Simon 给我揉揉脚 |
[12:17] | I rubbed them halfway across the Atlantic. | 我在飞越大西洋的时候一半时间都在给你揉脚 |
[12:20] | Hey, Fras, I got an idea. Why doesn’t Simon stay with us? | 嘿 Fras 我有个想法 Simon和我们一起住怎么样 |
[12:23] | Oh, oh. | 哦 哦 |
[12:25] | That’s very kind of you, Marty. | 你真是太好了 Marty |
[12:27] | Yes, well, it is, except it’s… | 是啊 确实 只是 |
[12:30] | Uh, well, I think there’ll be more room here at Niles’. | 呃 其实 我觉得Niles这里更宽敞 |
[12:33] | Oh. Yes, although Frasier’s apartment is, | 哦 是啊 不过Frasier家更 |
[12:36] | uh, closer to a pizza restaurant. | 呃 离披萨店更近 |
[12:38] | Yes, but Niles’ is closer to a liquor mart. | 没错 但是Niles家离酒市更近 |
[12:41] | Now, now, now, I don’t want you boys fighting over me. | 好了 好了 好了 你们不要为我争吵 |
[12:46] | Dad, how many channels does that satellite of yours get? | 爸 你那能收到多少卫星电视信号 |
[12:48] | – Five hundred. – We have a winner. | – 五百个 – 赢家产生了 |
[12:53] | Uh, Mum, your room’s gonna be down that hallway on the left | 呃 妈 你的房间在走廊尽头的左边 |
[12:56] | if you’d like to freshen up. | 如果你想休整一下 |
[12:57] | Oh, look who’s the lady of the house. | 哦 瞧瞧谁成了女主人了 |
[13:00] | Spend a lot of time here, do you? | 你现在很多时间都花在这 对吧 |
[13:03] | Are you kidding? She probably had it off in every room. | 你开玩笑吧 她说不定在每个房间里都做过了 |
[13:08] | Simon Moon, bite your tongue. | Simon Moon 给我住口 |
[13:10] | My baby girl’s a virgin. | 我的宝贝女儿可是处女 |
[13:12] | Isn’t that so, Daphne? | 难道不是吗 Daphne |
[13:15] | Of course, Mum. | 当然了 妈妈 |
[13:16] | It’s you who’ll have your leg over any filth that moves. | 只有你 能动的脏东西你都能搞 |
[13:20] | I don’t care if they’re moving. | 动不动的我都无所谓 |
[13:26] | Um, Daphne, could I see | 呃 Daphne 咱们能 |
[13:28] | you in the kitchen for just a sec? Excuse us. | 去厨房里聊一下吗 不好意思 |
[13:30] | Should we stop at the supermarket on the way home? | 我们回去路上能在超市停一下吗 |
[13:32] | I’m very fond of those | 我特别喜欢去年那种 |
[13:33] | ham-and-cheese Hot Pockets that you had last year. | 火腿起司微波卷饼 |
[13:36] | Oh, I keep those stocked. | 哦 那东西我存了好多呢 |
[13:38] | Everything’s just like you remember. | 一切都和你记忆中一样 |
[13:40] | Well, there has been one small change. | 有一点小变化 |
[13:43] | The liquor cabinet has a lock. | 酒柜上锁了 |
[13:46] | Yeah. Well, my new moped had a lock too. Ha-ha! | 是啊 我新买的小摩托也上锁了 哈哈 |
[13:52] | My mother is very old-fashioned. | 我妈观念很保守的 |
[13:54] | But if she thinks you’re a virgin, | 但是如果她认为你还是处女 |
[13:56] | how are you going to explain our plan to live together? | 你怎么解释你打算和我住在一起 |
[13:58] | I wonder how important it is that she ever finds out. | 我在想其实她发不发现也没什么关系 |
[14:02] | What are you saying? We’re just not gonna tell her? | 你在说什么 我们就不告诉她 |
[14:04] | Well, I can still get my mail at your brother’s, | 我还是可以在你哥哥那收到邮件 |
[14:06] | and my phone messages. And we can screen calls here. | 和电话留言 我们还可以把电话转接到这 |
[14:09] | That’s ridiculous. We’re adults. We’re not gonna sneak around like this. | 这太荒唐了 我们是成年人 我们不用偷偷摸摸 |
[14:12] | Well, it’s not forever. | 又不是永远这样 |
[14:14] | Mum’s getting on in years, and she smokes like a chimney. | 妈年纪大了 而且她抽烟像个大烟囱 |
[14:20] | Your mother really thinks you’re still a virgin? | 你妈真的认为你还是处女 |
[14:24] | Niles, who cares what Mum thinks? | Niles 妈怎么想又怎么样呢 |
[14:28] | – Daphne. – Fresh. | – Daphne – 菜鸟 |
[14:41] | Hey, you better not let | 嘿 你最好别让 |
[14:42] | Frasier see you wipe your hands on the couch. | Frasier看见你在沙发上擦手 |
[14:44] | He’s mad enough that you ate that stuff he puts on his face. | 你吃了他用来擦脸的东西他已经很生气了 |
[14:48] | I’m telling you, it was marmalade. | 我跟你说 那绝对是橘子酱 |
[14:53] | Do you mind? Feet off the furniture. | 你能别这样吗 别踩家具 |
[14:54] | You heard, Eddie. Get off. Go on. | 听到没 Eddie 下去 下去 |
[14:58] | – He’s talking to you. – Ooh! | – 他说你呢 – 噢 |
[15:01] | Daphne, dear, I’ve finally | Daphne 宝贝 我终于 |
[15:03] | figured out what’s wrong with your outfit. | 想出来你这身衣服哪里不对了 |
[15:05] | It’s made for a smaller woman. | 这是给瘦小的女人穿的 |
[15:09] | Now, hold on. I was there when she picked out that outfit. | 等等 当时她挑这件衣服的时候我也在场 |
[15:12] | – I think it’s abso… – Thanks for dinner, Niles. | – 我觉得这完全 – 谢谢你们请我吃饭 Niles |
[15:14] | That was really great. | 真的太棒了 |
[15:16] | You’re welcome. Uh, well, the best is still ahead. | 不用谢 最好的部分还没到呢 |
[15:18] | Wait till you taste the apple crisp that Daphne made for dessert. | 等下尝尝Daphne做好的苹果脆甜点 |
[15:23] | Is that that delicious apple thing with the crispy bits on the top? | 那是那种好吃的苹果味的上面有脆片的玩意吗 |
[15:29] | We still have ice cream. | 我们至少还有冰淇淋吧 |
[15:30] | Well, well, this is getting embarrassing. | 呃 这就有点尴尬了 |
[15:34] | Simon, how could you? | Simon 你怎么能这样 |
[15:35] | Well, the ice cream was Marty’s idea. | 吃冰淇淋是Marty提出来的 |
[15:37] | Only the first bowl. | 我就吃了一碗 |
[15:39] | Daphne, don’t go picking on your brother. | Daphne 别挑你哥的刺了 |
[15:42] | I’ll just have me tea. | 我喝茶就好 |
[15:44] | Niles, be a dear and get me a pillow for me head. | Niles 乖 给我拿个枕头垫头 |
[15:47] | And I wouldn’t get too settled in. | 我也不想太舒服了 |
[15:48] | You’ll need to take me home soon so I can take me medicine. | 等下你得送我回家吃药 |
[15:52] | I thought I suggested you bring that with you. | 我不是建议您随身带着吗 |
[15:55] | Daphne, dear, aren’t you | Daphne 宝贝 你能跟 |
[15:56] | lucky to be dating a man who’s always right? | 这位什么都懂的小伙约会真是太幸运了哈 |
[16:03] | I’ll just go put the kettle on. | 我去烧水好了 |
[16:06] | Mum, I wish you’d stop bossing everyone around. | 妈 你能不能别对每个人指手画脚的 |
[16:08] | Oh, oh, oh. Listen to my silly girl. | 哦 哦 哦 听我家傻丫头说的 |
[16:10] | If she knew how to deal with men, she’d have a husband by now. | 她要是会和人交往 她不早就有老公了 |
[16:15] | Pillow for you, dear. Here you go. | 给您的枕头 亲 靠好了 |
[16:17] | Just rest your head, and I’ll, | 歇歇您的头 我就 |
[16:18] | uh, see how Frasier’s doing with the kettle. | 呃 去看看Frasier的水烧的怎么样了 |
[16:22] | Rose, you’re looking fit. | Rose 你气色不错嘛 |
[16:25] | You know, I’d have gone | 话说 要是我早知道 |
[16:27] | too if I’d known you were going to dinner. | 你要去吃晚餐我就也去了 |
[16:30] | I hope you’ve left room for afters. | 希望你还有胃口吃甜点 |
[16:35] | I have a boyfriend now, Simon. So you can just lay off. | 我现在有男朋友 Simon 你能不能离我远点 |
[16:38] | You what? | 你啥 |
[16:40] | I thought you would wait for my return. | 我还以为你会等我回来 |
[16:44] | Oh, well. Let’s have another go, then, for old times’ sake. | 好吧 那看在旧情的份上 再来一发好不好 |
[16:49] | – We never had a go. – We didn’t? | – 我们从来没来过一发 – 没来过 |
[16:52] | Who was that, then? | 那是跟谁来的 |
[16:56] | For the last five days that woman has made | 过去五天那个女人已经把我的生活 |
[16:58] | my life a living hell. | 变成了活生生的地狱 |
[17:00] | You wanna trade? | 你想交换吗 |
[17:01] | Simon put my 65-dollar apricot skin polish on his muffins. | Simon把我65刀的杏仁润肤露抹在松饼上吃 |
[17:08] | Simon is a boor, but at least he’s not cruel. | Simon确实粗俗 但至少他不刻薄 |
[17:10] | You hear the way she talks to Daphne, | 你听见她怎么和Daphne说话了 |
[17:12] | and Daphne just takes it. | Daphne就那么忍着 |
[17:15] | Well, it’s understandable, Niles. | 这也可以理解 Niles |
[17:17] | I mean, after all, she only sees her mother rarely. | 我是说 不管怎么说 她只是偶尔见她妈一次 |
[17:20] | I suppose it’s just easier to bite her tongue | 我猜与其正面对峙 |
[17:23] | than to engage in some kind of ugly confrontation. | 她觉得直接闭嘴更简单些 |
[17:25] | Well, maybe so, but it’s just frustrating to see Daphne so timid. | 也许是这样吧 但看着Daphne畏首畏尾真的很泄气 |
[17:31] | I wish she’d stand up for herself, stand up for us. | 我真希望她能为自己说话 为我们说话 |
[17:34] | Or I’ll tell you, if she doesn’t, I just might. | 不然的话 我跟你说 她再不说我就说了 |
[17:36] | Well, I’m sure she will when the time is right. | 我相信到了合适的时机她会说的 |
[17:39] | Meanwhile, they are her family, and our guests. | 与此同时 他们是她家人 也是我们的客人 |
[17:43] | Let’s remember that. | 咱们别忘了这一点 |
[17:44] | Oi, Frasier, can I use this as an ashtray? | 喂 Frasier 我能用这个当烟灰缸吗 |
[17:49] | Son of a bitch! | 臭不要脸的 |
[17:52] | Do not use that. Please. | 请不要用那个 |
[17:55] | Here, here. | 给 给 |
[17:56] | An empty can? | 就一个空罐子 |
[17:58] | I would have thought, with all your fancy dingle-dangles, | 我还以为你们家这么多花哨家什 |
[18:00] | you’d have something nicer for your guests who smoke. | 你会为抽烟的客人准备好点的东西呢 |
[18:03] | Well, customarily, my guests who smoke do so on the balcony. | 习惯上来说 我家抽烟的客人都去阳台抽 |
[18:07] | This is lovely, thank you. | 这就挺好了 谢谢 |
[18:16] | Ugh. Do you mind? | 啊 你能别这样吗 |
[18:18] | Oh, come on, Rose, we both | 哦 拜托 Rose 我们都 |
[18:21] | know that this boyfriend thing is a ruse. | 清楚男朋友什么的就是个小伎俩 |
[18:24] | You don’t have to play hard to get with me. | 你不用为了得到我故作冷淡 |
[18:25] | I really do have a boyfriend. | 我真有男朋友了 |
[18:28] | – Oh, yeah? – Yeah. | – 哦 是吗 – 是啊 |
[18:30] | – What’s his name? – Roger. | – 他叫什么名字 – Roger |
[18:32] | – What colour is his hair? – Brown. | – 他头发什么颜色 – 棕色 |
[18:34] | – What’s his name? – Roger. | – 他叫什么名字 – Roger |
[18:38] | Is that the name you just said a minute ago? | 你刚才说的是这个名字吗 |
[18:42] | – I think Eddie could use a walk. – I could use one too. | – 我觉得该去遛Eddie了 – 我也需要走走 |
[18:45] | Actually, I’m just going across the street… | 实际上我就是去街对面 |
[18:46] | Yeah, that’s great. I’d love to. | 是啊 太棒了 我也想去 |
[18:49] | You know, I have an idea. | 话说 我有个想法 |
[18:51] | – Let’s have a toast. – Well, it’s about bloody time. | – 让我们举杯吧 – 终于他娘的到了 |
[18:57] | To my very favourite couple, Niles and Daphne. | 致我最爱的一对情侣 Niles和Daphne |
[19:01] | You don’t know my brother very well, Mrs. Moon, | 你可能不了解我弟弟 Moon夫人 |
[19:03] | but I assure you, he and your daughter share a boundless love. | 但我向你保证 他和你女儿之间的爱无穷无尽 |
[19:08] | One that is sure to endure as long as that of my parents’ | 他们的爱会和我父母 |
[19:12] | and of yours and your husband’s. | 以及您和您丈夫的一样长久 |
[19:18] | Well, now you’ve dropped a clanger. | 这回你可捅娄子了 |
[19:22] | – What is it, Mum? – Oh, tell them, Simon. | – 怎么回事 妈 – 哦 告诉他们吧 Simon |
[19:27] | Ugh. Dad scarpered. | 唉 爸离家出走了 |
[19:29] | – He left? – Yeah. | – 他走了 – 是啊 |
[19:30] | It’s true. | 是真的 |
[19:31] | Dear God, I do apologise. | 天哪 我真的很抱歉 |
[19:34] | Oh, Mum, it can’t be. | 哦 妈 这不可能 |
[19:35] | I’m sure he just got sidetracked on his way home from the pub. | 他肯定是从酒吧回家路上走错路了 |
[19:40] | Well, I thought that meself for the first week. | 头一周我也是这么想的 |
[19:44] | But, no, he’s gone for good. | 但是 不 他再也不会回来了 |
[19:47] | Oh, don’t worry, Mum. | 别担心 妈 |
[19:48] | Everything will be all right when we get home. | 等我们回家去一切都会好的 |
[19:50] | What’s left for me there? An empty house full of memories? | 那里有什么值得我留恋的 一个满是回忆的空房子 |
[19:55] | No, I’d rather stay right here in the company of my babies. | 不 我宁可在我孩子们的陪伴下待在这 |
[20:00] | Thank goodness I have my children to lean upon. | 感谢上天让我还有孩子们可以依靠 |
[20:04] | Oh, don’t cry, Mum. | 哦 别哭了 妈 |
[20:06] | I really thought this junket to America would cheer you up. | 我真的觉得这趟美国之旅能让你开心起来呢 |
[20:09] | Well, it still can. Go away. | 仍然可以啊 快走吧 |
[20:15] | I mean, get out there and see the country. | 我是说 走出去看看这个国家 |
[20:18] | Yes, that is a splendid idea. | 是啊 这个主意太棒了 |
[20:20] | This land is rich with snow-covered mountains, | 这片土地满是白雪覆盖的山脉 |
[20:24] | sun-kissed beaches, | 洒满阳光的海滩 |
[20:25] | wild, untamed rivers, and a warm, | 狂野奔腾的河流 还有热情 |
[20:28] | loving people ready to embrace you. | 富有爱心的人们随时准备接纳您 |
[20:31] | Immerse yourself in the spectacle and the grandeur | 融入这些壮观的美景中吧 |
[20:34] | that are these United States, this America. | 这才是美利坚 这才是美国 |
[20:44] | How did you do that? | 你怎么变出这个的 |
[20:55] | Cam Winston Cam Winston! |