时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:08] | – You could live here. – Are you asking me? | – 你可以住这儿 – 你在邀请我吗 |
[00:11] | – Would you like to? – Would you like me to? | – 你愿意住这儿吗 – 你希望我愿意吗 |
[00:15] | – Yeah. – Then I will. | – 当然 – 那我愿意 |
[00:18] | I gave the greatest speech of my condo-board career, | 我做了我业委会生涯中最棒的演讲 |
[00:23] | which lead to a vote, which lead to the ruling that Cam Winston | 从而促成了一次投票 结果是勒令Cam Winston |
[00:25] | must now park that SUV monstrosity of his in the sub-basement. | 现在必须把那辆巨型SUV停到下层地下室去 |
[00:30] | You think that’s smart, | 你以为这是好事吗 |
[00:31] | ticking off the guy who lives right above us? | 跟住我们楼上的邻居撕破脸 |
[00:33] | – Well, the move’s off. – What? | – 搬家没戏了 – 什么 |
[00:36] | Just temporarily. My parents are coming for a visit. | 只是暂时的 我父母要来看看 |
[00:38] | Just to clarify, you’re going to stay here, | 我确认一下 你住这儿 |
[00:41] | but your parents are going to stay with me. | 但是你父母跟我住 |
[00:43] | I’m so glad you understand. | 你这么懂事我很欣慰 |
[00:45] | If she thinks you’re a virgin, | 如果你妈以为你还是个处女 |
[00:47] | how are you going to explain our plan to live together? | 你要怎么向她解释我们打算同居的事呢 |
[00:49] | I wonder how important it is that she ever finds out. | 有必要告诉她吗 |
[00:53] | – Dad scarpered. – He left? | – 爸离家出走了 – 他走了 |
[00:56] | – Yeah. – It’s true. | – 是的 – 真的 |
[00:58] | Thank goodness I have my children to lean upon. | 感谢上天让我还有孩子们可以依靠 |
[01:02] | Oh, don’t cry, Mum. | 别哭了 妈 |
[01:03] | I really thought this junket to America would cheer you up. | 我还以为来趟美国你能开心起来呢 |
[01:06] | It still can. Get out there and see the country. | 仍然可以啊 快走吧 |
[01:09] | Yes, immerse yourself in the spectacle and the grandeur | 是啊 融入这些壮观的美景中吧 |
[01:13] | that are these United States, this America. | 宏伟壮丽的山河 |
[01:20] | How did you do that? | 你怎么做到的 |
[01:22] | Cam Winston! | 是Cam Winston |
[01:28] | It was a good idea, taking Mum out today. | 今天带妈出去是个好主意 |
[01:30] | – Helped take her mind off Dad. – Yeah. | – 让她别老想着爸的事 – 没错 |
[01:32] | Though I’m not sure the zoo was the best idea. | 不过我觉得动物园不是个好去处 |
[01:36] | The sight of those amorous wolverines seemed to set her back a bit. | 看着那些性饥渴的美洲狼对她没好处 |
[01:40] | Amorous? I thought they were trying to kill each other. | 性饥渴吗 我以为它们要相互厮杀呢 |
[01:44] | Well, either way, it seemed to remind her of something. | 不管怎么说 总会让她想起不好的事 |
[01:49] | Hello, Mrs. Moon. Would you care for a bite to eat? | 你好 Moon女士 要尝尝吗 |
[01:53] | Oh, that would be lovely, | 那真是太好了 |
[01:55] | if I thought I could keep anything down. | 要是我能吃得下 |
[01:59] | How could your father do this to me? | 你爸怎么能这样对我 |
[02:02] | You sleep down the hall from someone for 40 years, | 和一个人睡了40年 |
[02:05] | you think you know them… | 你以为自己该很了解他了 |
[02:08] | I know you’re upset, Mum, | 我知道你很难过 妈 |
[02:10] | but it’s not like you and Dad had a perfect marriage. | 但不代表你和爸的婚姻不美满啊 |
[02:12] | That’s because there’s no such thing. | 因为根本就没有美满的婚姻 |
[02:14] | You young, modern people | 你们这些年轻人 |
[02:16] | think marriage is some sort of promenade through paradise, | 以为婚姻是通往天堂的观光车 |
[02:20] | when it’s more like a march through hell | 其实婚姻更像通往地狱的游行 |
[02:21] | with a man strapped to your back | 男人勒着你的脖子 |
[02:23] | and a litter of nasty babies swinging from your teats. | 一群脏宝宝咬着你的乳头荡来荡去 |
[02:28] | Yeah, obviously this is a very upsetting time for all of us. | 很明显这会儿对所有人来说都不好过 |
[02:32] | But remember, tomorrow is another day. | 但是记住 明天又是新的一天了 |
[02:34] | You’re right, dear. | 你说的没错 亲爱的 |
[02:36] | And the sooner you get home to bed, the sooner it’ll be here. | 你越早回家睡觉 明天来得越快 |
[02:39] | But it’s only 9:30. | 但是现在才9点半 |
[02:40] | And with every tick of the clock, | 时间一分一秒流逝 |
[02:41] | your womanly resistance weakens. | 女人该有的抵抗力越来越弱 |
[02:44] | And before you know it, he’ll be on top of you | 还没回过神来 他就把你压在身下了 |
[02:46] | like one of those bloody badgers at the zoo. | 就像动物园那只该死的獾一样 |
[02:52] | Actually, those were wolverines, | 其实 那是美洲狼 |
[02:53] | and there’s a chance they may have been fighting. | 它们很有可能正在打架 |
[02:56] | It has been a long day. Maybe it’s best if I leave. | 今天太累了 我还是回去比较好 |
[02:59] | – All right. – Yeah. | – 好吧 – 好的 |
[03:01] | I’ll see you tomorrow, Mum. | 明天见 妈 |
[03:05] | – Good night, Niles. – Good night. | – 晚安 Niles – 晚安 |
[03:22] | Well, hey, you still up? | 嘿 你还没睡吗 |
[03:24] | Can’t sleep. | 睡不着 |
[03:27] | Every time I look outside, | 每次我往外看的时候 |
[03:30] | I feel like I’m living inside a giant clown’s pocket. | 就觉得自己住在一个巨型小丑的口袋里 |
[03:35] | I tell you, Cam Winston has not heard the last of this. | 我跟你讲 Cam Winston的事还没完 |
[03:38] | I am calling an emergency meeting of the condo board tomorrow morning. | 明早我要召开业主紧急会议 |
[03:40] | You can’t fight this, Fras. | 你斗不过他的 Fras |
[03:42] | It’ll just look like you’re attacking the flag. | 看起来你只是在和一面旗过不去 |
[03:44] | I’m not attacking the flag. Cam is using the flag to attack me. | 我没和旗过不去 是Cam用旗和我过不去 |
[03:47] | You’re right, but you’re still gonna lose. | 你说得对 但你还是赢不了 |
[03:49] | But the building has bylaws about this sort of thing. | 但是楼里有相关规章制度 |
[03:52] | If this was anything but the American flag, | 如果这不是一面美国国旗 |
[03:53] | people would demand that it be taken down. | 人们会要求把它撤下来的 |
[03:55] | Face it, Fras, Cam’s got you on this one. | 面对现实吧 Fras 这次是Cam赢了 |
[03:58] | Boy, I have to say, that guy is smart. | 儿子 我得说 这家伙挺机智的 |
[04:01] | Oh, really? If he’s so smart and you’re so smart, | 是吗 要是你俩都这么机智 |
[04:04] | why don’t you two live together? | 怎么不住在一起 |
[04:08] | At least he’s got a view. | 他家还能看风景呢 |
[04:13] | Look. | 看 |
[04:13] | What on earth do you think you’re doing? | 你他妈搞什么鬼 |
[04:16] | Oh, sorry. I didn’t know you was here. | 不好意思 我还以为你不在呢 |
[04:18] | Oh, Frasier, this is Loretta. | Frasier 这位是Loretta |
[04:22] | Loretta… Well, you know who you are. | Loretta 好吧 你知道自己是谁 |
[04:28] | I love your curtains. | 我好喜欢你家的窗帘 |
[04:33] | I’m sorry, Miss, but we are not entertaining guests this evening. | 抱歉姑娘 我们今晚不招待客人 |
[04:36] | You’ll have to leave. | 你得走了 |
[04:37] | Wait. You told me this was your place. | 等下 你告诉我这是你家啊 |
[04:40] | You’re probably not even the duke of England. | 你肯定也不是什么英国亲王 |
[04:42] | Oh, yeah? Then why do I talk this way? | 是吗 那我这口音你怎么解释 |
[04:48] | Well, you’re just a big contraceptive, aren’t you? | 你就是个巨型避孕套 |
[04:55] | I’ve just about had it with you, Simon. | 我受够你了 Simon |
[04:58] | You have blown my speakers, you have clogged my Jacuzzi | 你弄坏了我的扬声器 按摩浴缸也被你堵了 |
[05:02] | and you have ingested half of my bath products. | 我浴室里一半的东西都被你用过了 |
[05:06] | You are no longer welcome in my home. | 我家再也不欢迎你了 |
[05:09] | – What exactly are you implying? – Get out! | – 你到底想表达什么 – 给我滚 |
[05:13] | Fras, you can’t throw him out. Where’s he gonna go? | Fras 你不能赶他走 他能去哪儿呢 |
[05:16] | Oh, he’ll land on his feet. | 他得自力更生了 |
[05:18] | Probably end up shacking up with some two-bit floozy. | 或许能在哪个便宜货那儿蹭一晚 |
[05:25] | Simon Simon. | |
[05:30] | – What are you doing here? – Hello, love. | – 你怎么在这儿 – 你好 亲爱的 |
[05:33] | It appears that the front door to the building is locked. | 大楼前门好像锁了 |
[05:37] | Yeah, that’s how we keep drunks from wandering in. | 这样酒鬼就不会晃悠进来了 |
[05:41] | Well, I seem to be without appropriate accommodation at the moment. | 我现在没合适的地方住了 |
[05:44] | I just thought I’d take you up on your kind and generous offer. | 我打算接受你诚挚慷慨的款待 |
[05:47] | I never said you could stay here. | 我从没说过你能留宿 |
[05:49] | Well, Frasier’s thrown me out. | Frasier把我赶出来了 |
[05:51] | All right, well, sleep in Martin’s Winnebago. | 那就去蹭Martin的房车啊 |
[05:53] | Well, wouldn’t I love to do that, but when I got down there, | 我也想啊 但是我到那儿时 |
[05:55] | there was this gigantic Humvee blocking the door. | 被辆悍马车挡在了外面 |
[05:59] | Simon, this isn’t my problem. | Simon 这就不怪我了 |
[06:02] | – Well… – You have got to go. | – 唔 – 你必须得走 |
[06:04] | Look, Roz, I’ll level with you. | 听着 Roz 我和你是一个战线的 |
[06:07] | I know that we’ve had a chequered history, | 我知道我们也有剪不断理还乱的过去 |
[06:10] | and I’m probably not the sort of person that you’d want in your house. | 我可能不是你想带回家的男人 |
[06:15] | But I’m asking for your help. | 但是我拜托你 |
[06:18] | As a friend. As Daphne’s brother. | 看在朋友的份上 看在我是Daphne哥哥的份上 |
[06:22] | Please, just let me stay one night. | 拜托你 让我住一晚吧 |
[06:27] | You won’t even notice me. | 我肯定不给你添麻烦 |
[06:28] | Just the tiniest spot on the floor would be a gift. | 打个小小的地铺我就满足了 |
[06:33] | Look, I’ll be gone in the morning. | 明天一早我就走 |
[06:34] | I’ll never darken your doorstep again. | 再也不上门叨扰 |
[06:36] | Please, Roz, I’ve got nowhere else to go. | 求你了 Roz 我真的别无去处 |
[06:44] | All right. I’ll make up the couch for you. | 好吧 我把沙发腾出来给你睡 |
[06:47] | Oh, thank you, Roz. You have got a good heart. | 谢谢你 Roz 你太善良了 |
[06:51] | Yeah. | 是哦 |
[06:52] | Climb on up, Suzy. We’re golden. | 上来吧 Suzy 找到好地方了 |
[06:57] | She can swing on a pole for two hours, | 她能在杆子上荡两个小时 |
[06:59] | but she can’t climb up a drainpipe to save her life. | 却爬不了排水管救自己一命 |
[07:04] | Hey, what…? | 怎么 |
[07:07] | Heads up, Suzy! | 小心 Suzy |
[07:11] | Two, please. | 请给我一张2 |
[07:13] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[07:16] | Well, show us what you got. | 来看看你手上什么牌 |
[07:18] | I’ve got a king, a jack, a ten and two sixes. | 一张K 一张鬼 一张10 一对6 |
[07:26] | – Two sixes, then. – And a king. | – 一对6是吧 – 还有一张K |
[07:31] | I’m sorry, love. I’ve got aces over deuces. | 不好意思啊亲 我一把A和2 |
[07:34] | Well, that’s the last of my mad money. | 好吧 全输光了 |
[07:37] | I guess I’ll have to win it back some other night. | 以后我再赢回来吧 |
[07:39] | You better make it soon. I won’t be around much longer. | 你最好别拖太久 我很快就不在了 |
[07:42] | Not if you keep biting those filters off, you won’t. | 你要是再这么抽烟下去 确实快不在了 |
[07:46] | No. I mean I’ll be going back to England soon. | 不 我是说我快回英国了 |
[07:50] | Well, it’s nice enough here. | 这儿确实很不错 |
[07:52] | But, but you and Daphne aren’t the most exciting people, are you? | 但是你和Daphne并不特别欢迎我吧 |
[07:57] | No, as soon as I’ve sorted myself out, | 等我把自己理清了 |
[07:58] | Simon and I are back on the plane. | 就和Simon坐飞机回去 |
[08:00] | Really? You are? Uh, can I do anything to help sort? | 真的吗 你要回去了吗 我能帮你一起理吗 |
[08:04] | Thank you, no. | 不用了 谢谢 |
[08:07] | Oh, the shock’s worn off, really. | 我现在也没那么震惊了 真的 |
[08:09] | And I’ve come to realise I’ve spent most of my life | 我意识到自己大半辈子 |
[08:11] | taking care of a layabout husband. | 都耗在个游手好闲的男人身上了 |
[08:14] | Well, now it’s my turn to be taken care of. | 现在该有人来照顾我了 |
[08:17] | Thank God I’ve got Simon. | 感谢上帝给了我Simon |
[08:24] | – Simon’s gonna be taking care of you? – Oh, of course he will. | – Simon要照顾你吗 – 当然啦 |
[08:27] | I know he plays the fool sometimes, but he’d never let me down. | 我知道他有时候会装傻 但他从没让我失望过 |
[08:33] | Well, you’ve made a lot of progress in a short amount of time, | 这么短的时间里你能取得这么大进步 |
[08:37] | and I can’t tell you how happy I am. | 我真是高兴得不得了 |
[08:40] | Oh. Heh. | 喔 |
[08:42] | You good for a few more hands? | 你想再来几把吗 |
[08:44] | Why not? Oh, I’m out of money. | 好啊 但是我没钱了 |
[08:46] | Oh, not to worry. We can play for rubs. | 没事儿 输的人给赢的人揉脚 |
[08:51] | Oh! I’ll get my coin collection. | 哦 我还有硬币 |
[09:04] | Still awake, Dr. Crane? | 怎么还不睡 Crane医生 |
[09:07] | Yes. | 嗯 |
[09:09] | It’s almost dawn’s early light, | 天都快亮了 |
[09:13] | and our flag is still there. | 旗还挂那儿 |
[09:20] | Daphne, as a subject of the British realm, | Daphne 作为一个英国人 |
[09:26] | does it make you feel uncomfortable | 你会不会觉得 |
[09:28] | to have your residence draped in the American flag? | 生活在美国国旗下很难受 |
[09:32] | And, if so, would you be willing to say that at a condo-board meeting? | 如果是这样 你愿意在业委会上说出来吗 |
[09:36] | Personally, I find it a cosy reminder | 我个人觉得这旗好心地 |
[09:38] | of the land I dreamed of living in as a child. | 提醒了我我打小就渴望居住的地方 |
[09:48] | Off I go. | 我放弃了 |
[09:58] | Simon, I thought Dr. Crane kicked you out. | Simon 我以为Crane医生把你赶出去了 |
[10:01] | – He did. You don’t see me. – What are you doing here? | – 的确 你什么也没看见 – 你在这儿干什么 |
[10:04] | Well, I’m just getting some provisions for my trip. | 我准备点粮食路上吃 |
[10:09] | What trip? | 什么路上 |
[10:10] | Well, I just thought I’d go meet some mates in California. | 我想去见见加州的小伙伴 |
[10:13] | You can’t run out on Mum. She’s counting on you. | 你不能丢开妈 她现在只有你了 |
[10:15] | She’s got the other boys back home. | 她在老家也有其他孩子 |
[10:17] | They’ve all sided with Dad. You know that. | 他们都和老爸一边的 你知道的 |
[10:19] | You’re all she’s got. | 妈只剩你了 |
[10:20] | I’m not cut out to take care of Mum. She’s too demanding. | 我又不是生来就要照顾妈 她太挑剔了 |
[10:24] | She turned Dad into a shiftless drinker. | 是她逼得爸变成了酒鬼 |
[10:27] | I can’t have her doing that to me. | 我可不想被她逼成那样 |
[10:32] | So you’re gonna leave in the middle of the night and not even tell her? | 所以你打算半夜一声不吭地走吗 |
[10:35] | Look, if you wanna take care of Mum, that’s your choice, | 听着 要是你想照顾妈 随你 |
[10:37] | but I’ve got to live my life. | 但我有自己的生活 |
[10:39] | You are so selfish. | 你太自私了 |
[10:41] | For once in your life, you have a chance to be responsible. | 你终于有机会担点责任了 |
[10:44] | Be a man. Do right by your family. | 做个男人 为你的家庭做点好事 |
[10:46] | Why don’t you think about that before you go flitting off to California? | 在你逃到加州前好好想想吧 |
[10:51] | Well, I’m sorry, Daphne. | 我很抱歉 Daphne |
[10:53] | Maybe it makes me a bad person, but I don’t have it in me. | 可能这件事上我做得不对 但我不是故意的 |
[10:58] | It’s not who I am. | 我不是这样的人 |
[11:03] | I’ll see you. | 再见 |
[11:21] | Wait, wait, wait, quiet, quiet. | 等下 等下 等下 小声点 |
[11:22] | Don’t wake your mother. I just got her down. | 别吵醒你妈 我刚让她睡下 |
[11:26] | What are you doing here? | 你来这儿干什么 |
[11:27] | Something terrible has happened. Simon’s left. | 发生了件很糟糕的事 Simon走了 |
[11:31] | – What do you mean, left? – He’s gone. | – 什么叫走了 – 他离开了 |
[11:33] | He’s left me to take care of Mum. I don’t know what I’m gonna do, | 他让我来照顾妈 我该怎么办 |
[11:36] | but I may have to go back to Manchester with her for a while. | 也许我该曼彻斯特和她住一段时间 |
[11:39] | No, no, you can’t do that. You have a life here. | 你不能走 这儿才是你的生活 |
[11:41] | Well, what am I supposed to do? | 那我该怎么办 |
[11:43] | I can’t have her stay at Dr. Crane’s. There’s no room. | 我不能让她住在Crane医生家 没房间了 |
[11:45] | Well, you can both live here. | 你俩可以住这儿 |
[11:47] | Oh, Niles, you know she’ll never go for that arrangement. | Niles 你知道她不会同意的 |
[11:51] | Mm… | 唔 |
[11:53] | A bit late at night for a single lady to be in a man’s home, isn’t it? | 这么晚了 孤男寡女共处一室像什么样 |
[11:57] | I’m here because Simon’s left. | 我是来告诉你Simon走了 |
[12:00] | Off to California, to do God knows what. | 去加州了 天知道干什么去了 |
[12:04] | Oh. | 哦 |
[12:06] | Well, that’s courageous. | 他真勇敢 |
[12:09] | Good to see him finally taking charge of his life. | 看到他终于自立了我很高兴 |
[12:12] | He’s not taking charge. | 他不是自立 |
[12:14] | He left because he doesn’t wanna take care of you. | 他是不想照顾你才走的 |
[12:16] | That is not so. Simon is a special boy. | 怎么可能 Simon很特别 |
[12:19] | He wasn’t meant to be kept at home. | 他原就不想呆在家里 |
[12:21] | He has dreams. You wouldn’t understand that. | 他有梦想 你不会懂的 |
[12:24] | Now, you listen to me, Mum. | 听我说 妈 |
[12:26] | In case you haven’t noticed, I’ve got dreams too. | 可能你还没注意到 我也是有梦想的 |
[12:29] | I even moved halfway across the world to make a life for myself. | 我绕了半个地球来追求自己的生活 |
[12:32] | Do you admire that? No, you don’t even acknowledge it. | 你欣赏我吗 不 你甚至不愿承认这种做法 |
[12:36] | Oh, and by the way, I’m no virgin. Haven’t been for years. | 顺便说 我不是处女了 早就不是了 |
[12:41] | You remember that boy with the lazy eye you hated so much? | 你记得那个睡眼惺忪你特别讨厌的男孩吗 |
[12:44] | Yeah, he was my first. | 对 他就是我第一个男人 |
[12:46] | Did it right in the parlour where you take your tea. | 我俩就在你喝茶的客厅里做了 |
[12:48] | Then there was the German who fixed Dad’s car. | 后来我还跟给爸爸修车的德国人做了 |
[12:51] | Oh, yeah, and that Irish chap I fancied | 哦哦 还有我看上的爱尔兰小伙儿 |
[12:53] | who was twice my age and had his own van and a band. | 比我大了一圈 有自己的货车和乐队 |
[12:56] | Then I came to America. Shall I go on? | 接着我就来了美国 还要我继续说吗 |
[12:58] | Well, I am a grown woman | 我已经长大了 |
[13:00] | who’s made her own life and her own decisions. | 是个自立自强的女人 |
[13:02] | Now, I plan to shack up with Niles here, | 我打算和Niles同居 |
[13:05] | and damned if we aren’t gonna do it every night of the week. | 我们每天晚上都要来一发又怎样 |
[13:13] | Now, that’s the way it’s gonna be, Mum, | 情况就是这样 妈 |
[13:15] | and if you don’t like it, that’s just tough. | 你不喜欢也没用 |
[13:18] | Is that so? | 讲完了吗 |
[13:20] | Well, if that’s how you repay me for all my sacrifice… | 要是你以这种方式来报答我所做的牺牲 |
[13:23] | – Oh, don’t even start. – Fine. | – 别说了 – 好 |
[13:26] | Just for that, I’m not spending another night under this roof. | 就凭你这句 我再也不会住在这儿 |
[13:29] | I intend to fetch my things, find a hotel | 我要收拾收拾 找个旅馆 |
[13:32] | and be on the first flight home tomorrow. | 搭明天最早的班机回去 |
[13:34] | Excuse me. | 打扰了 |
[13:40] | Oh, my God, look at me. I’m shaking. | 我的天 看 我在发抖 |
[13:43] | It just came gushing out. | 一下子全说出来了 |
[13:45] | – Once I started, I couldn’t stop. – I know, it’s all right. It’s all right. | – 我一说就停不下来了 – 我知道 没关系 没事 |
[13:47] | You were great. You were great. I have never been prouder of you. | 你很棒 做得很好 我真的很为你感到骄傲 |
[13:50] | I can’t believe I talked to my mother that way. | 我不敢相信我竟然那样跟我妈说话 |
[13:52] | You must have been pretty outraged | 你肯定太生气了 |
[13:54] | to have invented all those former lovers. | 才编出那些前男友的吧 |
[14:01] | What? | 什么 |
[14:02] | -All those former lovers… Yeah. – Oh, yes, right, of course. | – 那些前男友 – 哦 当然 肯定的 |
[14:07] | I’m actually surprised she’s leaving so easily. | 她这么轻易就走了倒是很让我意外 |
[14:09] | I thought she’d milk it a bit more. | 我以为她会再拖一拖的 |
[14:12] | Just so you know, I won’t be needing a lift to the hotel. | 就告诉你一声 不用你们送我到旅馆 |
[14:15] | – I shall call a taxi. – Whatever you want. | – 我会打个的 – 随你 |
[14:18] | You’ll see. I don’t need any of you rotten ingrates. | 我会让你知道我不需要你们这些忘恩负义的混蛋 |
[14:21] | – I, I can take care of myself. – Glad to hear it. | – 我能照顾自己 – 那就这么办 |
[14:28] | Ow. Ow… | 疼 疼 |
[14:29] | – What happened? – Ow. | – 怎么了 – 疼死了 |
[14:31] | – Oh, oh, oh, are you hurt? – Oh, of course I’m hurt. | – 你受伤了吗 – 废话 |
[14:33] | – Oh, no. – Oh, get me ice. | – 不会吧 – 拿冰块给我 |
[14:35] | – All right, all right, all right. Okay. – And whisky. | – 好了好了好了 – 还有酒 |
[14:36] | OK. | 好的 |
[14:38] | Not that cheap stuff. | 不要便宜货 |
[14:40] | – I don’t know how I’m gonna fly now. – Sit down. | – 我要怎么上飞机 – 坐下吧 |
[14:42] | The pain is unbearable. | 疼死我了 |
[14:45] | Though I know I’m not welcome here. Oh, I can’t say I blame you. | 我知道你们不欢迎我 也不怪你们 |
[14:50] | No sense burdening yourself with an old woman. | 你们没理由照顾个老妇 |
[14:55] | Who can’t take care of herself. | 还是不能自理 |
[14:59] | And has nowhere else to go. | 无家可归的老妇 |
[15:05] | Oh, don’t be silly. | 别说傻话了 |
[15:09] | You can stay here as long as you like. | 你想在这儿住多久都可以 |
[15:12] | Well, move along. The whisky’s not pouring itself. | 那快点 你不倒酒酒自己可不会倒出来 |
[15:22] | Are we fiercely patriotic? Yes. | 我们是强烈的爱国者吗 是 |
[15:27] | But how do we best demonstrate that? | 但要怎么表现出来 |
[15:30] | Not by infringing on the rights and balconies of others, | 不是通过侵犯他人权利和阳台 |
[15:38] | but as most good Americans do, | 而是像大多数善良的美国人一样 |
[15:39] | in our hearts, | 发自内心爱国 |
[15:41] | with generous spirit and quiet reverence. | 以豁达的胸襟和无声无息的尊敬之情 |
[15:46] | I respectfully submit | 我诚挚提议 |
[15:48] | that when we display the flag as Mr. Winston has, | 当我们像Winston先生那样挂旗的时候 |
[15:53] | it flies in the face of the very freedoms for which it stands. | 让国旗能自由地飘扬 |
[16:00] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[16:02] | Cam, rebuttal? | Cam 反驳陈词 |
[16:06] | Uh, the last thing I wanted was to create conflict. | 我最不想引起冲突 |
[16:11] | I was merely trying to boost the morale of the community. | 我只是想给社区鼓鼓劲儿 |
[16:14] | And so you have. | 你做到了 |
[16:18] | I move that the flag stays. | 我提议保留国旗 |
[16:21] | All right, all right, very well, then. | 够了够了够了 那好吧 |
[16:24] | But perhaps, perhaps we could display it on the north side of the building | 但是我们能否将旗挂到大楼北侧 |
[16:31] | for the benefit of our Canadian neighbours. | 也替我们的加拿大邻居着想 |
[16:34] | That was my first instinct, | 我一开始也这么想 |
[16:36] | but it can’t be illuminated at night from that side. | 但到了晚上那面没光 |
[16:39] | – Lighting is a must. – Absolutely. | – 必须有光 – 绝对的 |
[16:41] | Then it’s settled. | 就这么定了 |
[16:42] | All right, just hold on a second! | 再等一下 |
[16:47] | You people are being hoodwinked. | 你们都被骗了 |
[16:49] | The only reason Cam hung that flag was to get the better of me. | Cam之所以挂旗就是想整我 |
[16:52] | He knows I bought the apartment for its view. | 他知道我就是为了窗外的风景才买那栋公寓的 |
[16:54] | No, you bought that apartment because you’re free. | 不 你买房是出于你的自由 |
[16:57] | Maybe you can have a view from your balcony in Iraq. | 或许你搬到伊拉克就能看到风景了 |
[17:01] | Yes, move to Iraq. | 没错 搬去伊拉克 |
[17:03] | Move to Iraq. Move to Iraq. | 搬去伊拉克 搬去伊拉克 |
[17:06] | – Move to Iraq. – Wait. Wait! | – 搬去伊拉克 – 等一下 |
[17:12] | I am just as much an American as every one of you. | 我和你们一样都是美国人 |
[17:16] | Perhaps Cam could just tell us | 要不Cam你就告诉我们 |
[17:20] | how long he intends to display our beautiful flag. | 你打算把那面美丽的旗帜挂多久 |
[17:24] | Hmm. How about until there’s world peace? | 那等到世界和平了如何 |
[17:28] | Oh, that’s a good idea. | 好主意 |
[17:29] | Oh, come on. There’s never gonna be world peace. | 怎么可能 世界永远都不会和平的 |
[17:35] | Maybe there would be world peace | 世界也许会和平 |
[17:37] | if there were more people like Cam | 如果能多一些Cam这样人 |
[17:39] | and fewer people like you. | 少一点你这种人 |
[17:41] | Oh, now, just a second… | 等等 |
[17:42] | *O beautiful, for spacious skies* | *啊 美丽的亚美利加 辽阔的天空* |
[17:47] | *For amber waves of grain* | *金色的麦浪* |
[17:52] | *For purple mountain majesties* | *耸立在富饶平原上的* |
[17:58] | *Above the fruited plain!* | *巍巍群山* |
[18:03] | *America…* | *亚美利加* |
[18:06] | – All right, what do you want? – Your parking spot. | – 说吧 你想怎么样 – 你的停车位 |
[18:11] | You’ll make all this stop? | 给你停车位你能结束这一切吗 |
[18:13] | Well, there is the matter of the flag. | 还牵扯到旗的问题 |
[18:15] | I can’t just take it down now. | 我不能现在就撤下来吧 |
[18:17] | All right, suggest the roof. I’ll even spring for the flagpole. | 好吧 挂到房顶如何 我来出旗杆的钱 |
[18:20] | *From sea to shining sea* | *让全世界的兄弟姐妹都爱你* |
[18:24] | Everyone. Hey, everyone. Everyone. | 各位 各位 |
[18:30] | The America we love is one of good neighbours. | 我们热爱的美国提倡邻里友好 |
[18:34] | In order to foster that, | 为了培养这种关系 |
[18:35] | I have decided to move my flag to the roof. | 我决定把旗移到楼顶 |
[18:40] | This will not only serve to mend fences, | 不仅能维护我们的地盘 |
[18:44] | but it will provide all of Seattle | 还能让整个西雅图 |
[18:46] | a view of our precious Stars and Stripes. | 看到美丽的星条旗 |
[18:52] | – You’ve done it again, Cam. – He certainly has. | – 你又做到了 Cam – 他太棒了 |
[18:54] | And in the spirit of reciprocity, | 按照互惠互利的精神 |
[18:57] | I will provide the flagpole. Ha-ha-ha. | 我来提供旗杆 |
[19:03] | And any necessary lighting. Ha-ha-ha. | 和必要的灯光 |
[19:06] | Credit grabber. | 想抢功吧你 |
[19:08] | Oh, come on, we’re all in agreement here. | 拜托 我们达成一致意见了 |
[19:11] | *O beautiful, for spacious skies* | *啊 美丽的亚美利加 辽阔的天空* |
[19:17] | Come on, everybody. | 大家一起啊 |
[19:18] | *For amber waves of grain* | *金色的麦浪* |
[19:22] | Oh, all right, I’ll see you next week. | 算了 下周见 |
[19:29] | Ah. How’d things go at the doctor? | 医生怎么说 |
[19:31] | Couldn’t find anything wrong with the knee. Big surprise. | 膝盖一点没事儿 吃惊 |
[19:34] | Then why did they give me sedatives, smarty? | 那他们为什么给我开镇静剂 小机灵 |
[19:37] | Because I begged him. | 我求他开的 |
[19:40] | – Oh, fetch me my water. – Oh, I’ll get it. | – 给我倒杯水 – 我来 |
[19:43] | I know how she likes it. | 我知道她喜欢什么样的 |
[19:45] | Oh, but I know where the glasses are. | 但是我知道杯子在哪儿 |
[19:49] | – I am so sorry about this. – It’s all right. We’ll manage. | – 真的很抱歉事情变成这样 – 没事 我们能搞定 |
[19:52] | I can live with anything, as long as I can live with you. | 我怎么过都行 只要和你在一起 |
[19:56] | I’m still waiting out here. | 我还等着水呢 |
[19:59] | It’s coming. Pipe down. | 马上来 闭嘴 |
[20:01] | Why? Am I interrupting your dirty sex? | 怎么 打扰你俩偷情了 |
[20:07] | It’s gonna be interesting, the three of us living together. | 咱们仨住一块儿会很有趣的 |
[20:10] | Daphne, this is stupid. We should just wait till she’s gone. | Daphne 不能这样 等她走了我们再同居吧 |
[20:13] | No, I said I was moving in, and I’m going to. | 不好 我说我要搬进来 我就得搬进来 |
[20:16] | It took you your whole life to assert your independence from this woman. | 你这辈子都在母亲面前维护自己的独立 |
[20:20] | I can’t ask you to live under the same roof with her. | 我不能让你们同住一个屋檐 |
[20:22] | I can’t ask you to live with her either. | 那也不能让你和她住啊 |
[20:23] | Oh, well, it’s just temporary. | 只是暂时啦 |
[20:25] | And you know what? | 跟你说 |
[20:26] | She bothers you a lot more than she bothers me. | 她给你添的麻烦比给我多多了 |
[20:29] | Don’t empty the sink, I’m soaking my smalls. | 别把水池抽了 我泡着衣服呢 |
[20:37] | Well, ahem, we waited this long. | 我们都等了这么久了 |
[20:41] | – I love you, Niles. – Mm. I love you too. | – 我爱你 Niles – 我也爱你 |
[20:44] | And I promise, as soon as she’s on a plane for England, I’m here. | 我保证她一上回英国的飞机 我立马搬来 |
[20:51] | Mrs. Moon, did the doctor mention anything | Moon女士 医生有没有说 |
[20:53] | about when you’d be able to fly? | 你什么时候能坐飞机 |
[20:55] | No, didn’t say a word about flying. | 没 完全没提到飞机的事儿 |
[20:58] | That’s probably a bad sign, eh? | 那可不是个好兆头 |
[21:01] | Yeah. | 的确 |