时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:10] | – Thank you for the coffee Kenny. – Thank you. | – 谢谢你的咖啡 Kenny – 谢谢 |
[00:11] | Oh, you don’t have to thank me. | 你们不用谢我 |
[00:13] | We’re not keeping score. Heh, heh. | 我们又不是在比赛 嘿嘿 |
[00:15] | Life’s too short to get worked up | 生命苦短 干嘛要算 |
[00:16] | over who owes who for this or that or whatnot. | 谁又欠了谁什么的 |
[00:20] | Let’s just enjoy ourselves. | 好好享受就好了 |
[00:21] | Whatever you want, Kenny, the answer is no. | 不管你要什么 Kenny 我都不答应 |
[00:25] | – Just hear me out. – Okay. | – 先听我说完嘛 – 好吧 |
[00:26] | Look, I need a favour, but before I tell you what it is, | 听着 我想找你帮忙 但在这之前 |
[00:29] | I want you to look at this. | 我想让你看看这个 |
[00:33] | “KACL Psychographics”? | “KACL听众分布报告” |
[00:36] | We hired a firm to sift through the program data | 我们雇了家公司给节目做数据算法 |
[00:38] | and give us a kind of profile on each show’s average listener. | 然后给我们各个节目听众的大致定位 |
[00:41] | All right, let’s see. | 好的 我们来看看 |
[00:42] | Gil’s average listener is a woman, mid-30s, well-educated. Hmm. | Gil的听众大多是高学历的30来岁女性 |
[00:49] | What about my average listener? Who is she? | 那我的听众定位是什么样的 |
[00:52] | Well, actually, uh, she’s an older gentleman, | 事实上 她们都是老年人 |
[00:57] | who likes to keep the radio on for company. | 喜欢听收音机作伴 |
[01:01] | Ouch. | 嗷 |
[01:02] | Oh, and, Roz, it seems a number of listeners think you’re a man. | 还有Roz 好像很多听众以为你是男的 |
[01:07] | What? | 什么 |
[01:07] | I’m sorry the station spent its money on this nonsense, | 很抱歉电台花了这么多冤枉钱在这玩意上 |
[01:10] | but this research is patently absurd! | 但明显这个调查实在太扯了 |
[01:13] | Regardless, you could really stand to increase your audience | 不管怎么说 你都可以挖掘你的节目 |
[01:15] | in the youth market. | 在年轻听众中的市场 |
[01:16] | Well, I thought we upped the advertising budget for that very reason. | 我以为我们专门为此加大了广告预算 |
[01:19] | I did, but I need some help. | 没错 但我还是需要些帮助 |
[01:21] | How would you like to be a guest on Teen Scene? | 你愿意去青少年现场做嘉宾吗 |
[01:24] | I’m sorry, I’ve done that show before, I’m not doing it again. | 不好意思 我之前试过 不想再做了 |
[01:27] | Doc, you could use younger listeners. You’ve seen the research. | 医生 你需要年轻听众 你都看到这报告了 |
[01:30] | My show is fine. | 我的节目很好啊 |
[01:32] | That so-called research is | 这所谓的研究报告 |
[01:33] | nothing but a bunch of confounded correlations | 不过就是一堆胡乱的联系 |
[01:35] | and mediocre deductions. | 还有平庸的推导而已 |
[01:37] | Excuse me. Are you Dr. Frasier Crane? | 不好意思 你是Fraiser Crane医生吗 |
[01:40] | – Yes, as a matter of fact, I am. – Can I get your autograph? | – 没错 我是 – 你可以给我签名吗 |
[01:43] | – Ah, what’s your name? – Lucy. But make it out to Paul. | – 你的名字是 – Lucy 但请写给Paul |
[01:46] | I volunteer at his hospice, | 我是他的临终关怀志愿者 |
[01:48] | and I think you’re just | 我想你应该是 |
[01:49] | about the only friend he has left anymore. | 他还在世的唯一朋友了 |
[01:54] | Fine. I’ll meet the kids. | 好吧 我会去见那些小孩的 |
[02:02] | I have a little something for you. | 我有东西要送给你 |
[02:08] | Earrings. | 是耳环啊 |
[02:09] | – They’re beautiful. – Try them on. | – 真漂亮 – 快戴上试试 |
[02:11] | I have disinfected them with peroxide. | 我已经把它们氧化消毒过了 |
[02:15] | Niles, it’s a lovely thought, | Niles 你能这样真好 |
[02:16] | but, well, you kind of gave me the exact same pair last summer. | 但你去年夏天已经送过我一样的了 |
[02:20] | – No, I did not. – Yeah, take a look. | – 不 我没有 – 那你看看 |
[02:25] | Ugh, I am so sorry. | 呃 我真的很抱歉 |
[02:27] | Oh, don’t be silly. | 噢 别傻了 |
[02:29] | It was bound to happen sometime, | 这种事迟早会发生的 |
[02:31] | after all the nice presents you give me. | 毕竟你已经送了我那么多精美礼物 |
[02:33] | I’ll have to get pierced somewhere else. | 我都要在身上别的地方打洞了 |
[02:35] | Still, I… | 不管怎样 我 |
[02:40] | Really? | 真的吗 |
[02:43] | Well, well, look who’s up. | 看看谁起床了 |
[02:46] | How was your company party, Mr. Crane? | Crane先生 公司派对怎么样 |
[02:47] | Fine. | 还行 |
[02:49] | Sounds like it was more | 听上去不止还行吧 |
[02:50] | than just fine if you’re getting up this late. | 你都起得那么晚了 |
[02:52] | – Yeah, he came in late too. – Didn’t know there was a curfew. | – 他回来也晚 – 不知道我们家有宵禁啊 |
[02:56] | Oh, my God! Is that lipstick on your chin? | 天呐 你下巴上的是唇印吗 |
[02:59] | It is! | 没错 |
[03:01] | I got kissed, okay? Big whoop. | 不就给人亲了 有什么大不了的 |
[03:05] | – There’s no lipstick on my chin. – Busted! | – 我下巴上没唇印啊 – 抓到了吧 |
[03:10] | – Well, so, what’s her name? – Yeah, when can we meet her? | – 她叫什么呀 – 我们什么时候能见见她 |
[03:14] | Her name’s Peg, and nobody’s meeting anyone. | 她叫Peg 然后谁也不能见谁 |
[03:17] | It was a just a little fooling around, that’s all. | 就只是调调情 就这样 |
[03:20] | Well, are you gonna see her again? | 那你们会再见面吗 |
[03:21] | No, and if she calls, I’m not here. | 不会 要是她打来电话 就说我不在 |
[03:23] | Got it? I don’t wanna encourage her. | 懂了吗 我不想鼓励她 |
[03:25] | Well, why not? It sounds like you had fun. | 为什么不 听上去你挺开心的啊 |
[03:27] | See, this is exactly the | 看到吗 这就是我想要避免 |
[03:28] | conversation I’m trying to avoid with Peg. | 和Peg继续下去的话题 |
[03:31] | You kiss a girl, and suddenly she wants to know: | 你亲了个姑娘 然后她就想知道 |
[03:33] | “What does it mean?” | “这代表什么” |
[03:35] | “When can I see you again?” | “我们什么时候能再见面” |
[03:37] | “Why don’t you call me?” | “你为什么不给我打电话” |
[03:39] | – That’s a wonderful attitude. – Hey, it was great. | – 这态度可真好啊 – 是很好啊 |
[03:42] | I loved it, but I don’t | 我很喜欢 但我不想 |
[03:43] | want to ruin it by making it more than it was. | 越过界把这种感觉毁了 |
[03:46] | Women never let you have a bite of ham. | 女人永远不会给你尝到甜头 |
[03:48] | They always make you sit down for spinach. | 她们只会让你坐下 然后听她们唠叨 |
[03:55] | Whoa! | 喔 |
[03:57] | This is embarrassing, huh? | 这可尴尬了 是吗 |
[03:59] | All three of us going to the | 我们三个就算翘班 |
[04:00] | same place when we’re skipping out on work. | 也会来一样的地方 |
[04:05] | We are not skipping out on work. | 我们没有翘班 |
[04:06] | Right, we’re all at the doctor’s. | 没错 我们都去看医生了 |
[04:11] | Kirby, we don’t work the same hours that you do. | Kirby 我们的工作时间和你不一样 |
[04:14] | – We’re done for the day. – Oh, yeah, that’s good. | – 我们已经下班了 – 没错 这很棒 |
[04:17] | It’s better if we don’t all use the same excuse. | 我们不用一样的借口更加好了 |
[04:22] | Kirby, I think it’s time for you to straighten up. | Kirby 你是时候规矩点了 |
[04:24] | You show up late every day, | 你每天上班都迟到 |
[04:25] | you are inattentive, and you have a bad attitude. | 上班不专心而且态度还很差 |
[04:28] | How do you expect to thrive in this job or any other job? | 这样你怎么能把这份或其他工作做好 |
[04:30] | I am this close to giving you a lecture! | 我就差这点给你好好上堂课了 |
[04:36] | Hey, guys. Uh, doc, you got a minute? | 各位好 医生 你有时间吗 |
[04:38] | There’s someone I want you to meet. | 我想带你见个人 |
[04:39] | Aw, dude, that’s Emily Crowther, | 噢 兄弟 那是Emily Crowther |
[04:42] | one of the nimrods from Teen Scene. | 青少年现场的蠢货之一 |
[04:45] | You’re not gonna do that show, are you? | 你不会是要做那个节目对吧 |
[04:46] | Those guys go to my old high school. Bunch of losers. | 那些人上的是我以前的高中 一群废物 |
[04:51] | For your information, Kirby… | 我就告诉你了 Kirby |
[04:53] | Hey, I thought you were at the doctor. | 嘿 我还以为你去看医生了 |
[04:55] | I was. Uh, he says everything is fine. | 我之前去了 他说我一切正常 |
[04:58] | He also said I probably | 他还说我明天应该 |
[05:00] | shouldn’t come in tomorrow till about 11:30. | 不能在十一点半以前上班 |
[05:03] | How dumb do you think I am? | 你觉得我是有多蠢 |
[05:05] | You will show up first thing tomorrow morning, | 你明天一早拉完肚子 |
[05:07] | after your Meals on Wheels delivery. | 就马上给我过来上班 |
[05:12] | You got it. | 没问题 |
[05:15] | Listen, Kenny, I’m actually just on my way out. | 听着 Kenny 事实上我刚要出去 |
[05:17] | Perhaps I could meet this young lady tomorrow at the station? | 我可以明天进台再和她见面吗 |
[05:19] | Oh, come on. Say hi to the kid. | 拜托 就和这小姑娘打个招呼 |
[05:20] | – She’s a big fan. – Really? | – 她很喜欢你的 – 真的 |
[05:23] | Well, gosh, I would hate to appear standoffish. | 好吧 我也不想显得太冷淡 |
[05:27] | After all, the young lady | 毕竟我在这位年轻的姑娘的脑海中 |
[05:28] | has built up a certain image of me in her mind, | 已经树立起了一定的形象 |
[05:31] | and that shouldn’t be crushed, certainly. | 我也不想这形象被破坏 |
[05:33] | Do we have to go through this every time? | 我们有必要每次都来一遍吗 |
[05:38] | Go over there. | 你就快去吧 |
[05:44] | Emily Crowther, Dr. Frasier Crane. | Emily Crowther 这是Fraisier Crane医生 |
[05:46] | – Hello, Emily. – Pleased to meet you, Dr. Crane. | – 你好 Emily – 很高兴见到你 Crane医生 |
[05:48] | I look forward to having you on our show. | 我很期待你来上我们的节目 |
[05:50] | Well, technically, I haven’t agreed to do it yet. | 其实呢 我还没有答应这事 |
[05:52] | You see, I had a rather | 因为我上次 |
[05:53] | bad experience on Teen Scene the last time. | 在青少年现场的经历并不愉快 |
[05:56] | Are you familiar with the new Teen Scene? | 你熟悉我们新版青少年现场吗 |
[05:57] | – Well, uh, no, actually, I’m not. – Then you don’t know | – 嗯 其实不熟悉 – 那你可能不知道 |
[06:00] | that we do hard-hitting journalism with a youthful bent. | 我们现在都是用年轻人的视角做有影响力的新闻 |
[06:03] | Of course, it’s not nearly as distinguished as your show, | 当然 这可能比不上贵节目的优秀 |
[06:07] | which I adore. | 我对此很崇拜 |
[06:08] | – Really? – Big fan. | – 真的 – 超级喜欢 |
[06:11] | Dr. Crane, may I be frank? | Crane医生 我能说句实话吗 |
[06:14] | Having you on our show would be, in your own words: | 如果您能上我们节目 用您的话说 |
[06:16] | “A great boon to us.” | “对我们的一次恩惠” |
[06:19] | A boon? | 恩惠 |
[06:22] | – Do you really think so? – Oh, major boon. | – 你真的这么想吗 – 巨大的恩惠 |
[06:27] | Well, then, consider it granted. | 那么就当做定下来了 |
[06:30] | I’m sure we’ll have a splendid time. | 我确定我们会过得很开心的 |
[06:32] | Who knows, I may even learn something from you. | 说不定我还可以从你们那学到什么 |
[06:34] | Oh, you flatter me, Dr. Crane. | 你真是过奖了 Crane医生 |
[06:35] | – Hello, Frasier. – Ah, Niles. | – 你好 Frasier – Niles |
[06:36] | – Who’s manning the Pasquini? – Jimmy Ray. | – 谁在做浓缩咖啡 – Jimmy Ray |
[06:38] | Capital. | 真行啊 |
[06:42] | Uh, cappuccino, please. | 请给我来杯卡普奇诺 |
[06:44] | – Hello, Roz. – Hey, Niles. | – 你好 Roz – 你好 Niles |
[06:47] | What are you doing here? | 你在这做什么 |
[06:48] | Shouldn’t you be out buying Daphne another pair of earrings? | 你不是该给Daphne再买对耳环吗 |
[06:50] | Oh, please, don’t make me feel any worse. | 拜托 别让我再难受了 |
[06:54] | – Actually, I thought it was sweet. – Well, I feel just awful. | – 事实上我觉得这挺好的 – 哎 还是难受 |
[06:57] | You wanna know what I would do? | 你知道我会怎么做吗 |
[07:00] | Oh, what the hell? | 哎 管他呢 |
[07:04] | First of all, enough with the earrings. | 首先 不要再买耳环了 |
[07:07] | Everything doesn’t have to be so fancy. | 也不用样样都那么华贵 |
[07:09] | Don’t get me wrong, jewellery is terrific. | 别会错意 送珠宝是挺好的 |
[07:12] | But sometimes a woman likes to know that you’re paying attention. | 但有时候姑娘想感受到你的用心 |
[07:19] | Mix it up a little. Do something crazy, | 两者混合一下 做点疯狂的事情 |
[07:21] | I mean, totally out there. | 彻底释放自己 |
[07:24] | Are you talking about scarves? | 你是说送围巾吗 |
[07:30] | Okay, let me give you an example. | 好吧 举个例子 |
[07:31] | When I was 20, | 我20岁的时候 |
[07:33] | My boyfriend stole a Doyle’s Pub sign for me. | 我男朋友偷了个带我名字的酒吧招牌 |
[07:37] | We were drunk, and we saw it, and he said: | 我们喝得烂醉 看到了招牌 然后他说 |
[07:38] | “Hey, that’s your name on that sign. You should have it.” | “你的名字在招牌上 你该拥有它” |
[07:41] | It was spontaneous, and a little dangerous, | 很随意又有点危险的一件事 |
[07:45] | and very romantic. | 而且非常浪漫 |
[07:49] | Spontaneous and dangerous. | 随意又危险 |
[07:53] | Thanks, Roz. | 谢了 Roz |
[07:56] | You’ve given me something to mull over during my herbal wrap. | 我在药草护理时会好好思考这个问题 |
[08:05] | Oh, good. I thought you were gonna miss Dr. Crane on the radio. | 哦 好了 我还以为你会错过Crane医生的广播 |
[08:08] | How many times a day is that guy on? | 他的节目一天到底要放多少遍啊 |
[08:12] | It’s not his show. It’s Teen Scene. | 不是他的节目 是青少年现场 |
[08:14] | Oh, I don’t have time for that teenage crap. | 我可没时间听青少年狗屁 |
[08:20] | Did I get a call from a girl today? | 今天有女的打电话找我吗 |
[08:24] | – You mean Peg? – Or any girl. Or Peg. | – 你是说Peg – 其他女孩 或者Peg |
[08:31] | Did Peg call? | Peg打来过电话吗 |
[08:34] | No. It’s been a few days, hasn’t it? | 没有 已经好几天了对吗 |
[08:37] | I really thought she’d | 我以为她会 |
[08:38] | try to spring that relationship stuff on me. | 试着提出和我谈谈交往啥的 |
[08:41] | Well, I guess I misjudged her. | 看来我看错人了 |
[08:43] | Unless she didn’t like her free sample. | 也可能她不喜欢你俩的蜻蜓点水 |
[08:48] | I think we can rule that out. | 我想这种可能性可以略过了 |
[08:51] | When a lady gets the full | 当一位女士得到完整的 |
[08:52] | Marty Crane treatment, she doesn’t forget it. | Marty Crane式大礼 她就难以忘怀 |
[08:55] | And Peg got the full Marty? | 那Peg得到了完整的Marty吗 |
[08:57] | I never give anything less. | 我从来不缺斤少两 |
[09:00] | So, yeah, I guess I am a little surprised she hasn’t called. | 那我想我只是有点惊讶她还没打过来 |
[09:03] | I mean, mostly relieved, of course, but also surprised. | 当然主要是松了口气 但还是惊讶 |
[09:08] | Well, don’t feel bad. Maybe you had an off night. | 别难过了 也许你那晚不在状态 |
[09:11] | Anything’s possible, I suppose. | 那万事都有可能咯 |
[09:25] | Hello? | 你好 |
[09:26] | Well, yes, he is. One moment, please. | 是的 他在 请稍等一下 |
[09:30] | It’s a woman. | 是个女的 |
[09:35] | Hola | 好啊 |
[09:42] | Oh, I think that’d be fine. | 我想可以啊 |
[09:44] | Thursday at 9. | 周四九点 |
[09:46] | See you then. | 到时候见 |
[09:47] | Well, look who’s suddenly in a relationship. | 看看谁突然恋爱咯 |
[09:50] | Shows you what you know. That was the dentist. | 你知道什么 那是牙医 |
[09:55] | – Thank goodness, right? – Right. | – 真是谢天谢地对吗 – 对 |
[10:08] | I agree with you, sir. | 我同意你的观点 先生 |
[10:09] | The difference between | 告别辞代表和毕业辞代表 |
[10:10] | valedictorian and salutatorian is largely arbitrary. | 有着天翻地覆的不同 |
[10:14] | Thank you, Emily. Hmm. | 谢谢 Emily |
[10:16] | Didn’t mean to go on like that, | 这不是我有意要那样 |
[10:18] | but the wound is still raw. | 但悲伤还是历历在目 |
[10:21] | – Hello, Kirby. – Hello, Emily. | – 你好 Kirby – 你好 Emily |
[10:25] | How’s honours everything? | 荣誉小姐过得怎么样 |
[10:27] | Splendid, thank you. | 棒极了 谢谢 |
[10:29] | How’s carrying a bunch of boxes around a radio station? | 带着纸盒全电台到处乱跑得怎么样 |
[10:33] | Good. | 很好 |
[10:35] | Emily, I was thinking that perhaps after the show | Emily 我在想也许节目结束之后 |
[10:37] | I could invite you and | 我可以邀请你和你的朋友们 |
[10:38] | your friends to a cheeseburger or some such. | 去芝士汉堡店或其他地方吃个饭 |
[10:41] | Oh, we’d like that very much. | 我们非常愿意 |
[10:42] | – Can I get you a coffee? – Oh, yes, thank you, Emily. | – 你要不要杯咖啡 – 好的 谢谢 |
[10:46] | You know, I asked for one a little while ago, | 我之前也邀请过某人吃饭 |
[10:47] | and it never showed up. | 但那人没有出现 |
[10:51] | Now who’s carrying a bunch of stuff around a radio station? | 现在是谁心里揣着一堆东西在电台转悠呢 |
[10:58] | Hi, Dr. Crane. | 你好 Crane医生 |
[10:59] | – Andy McNiff. – Andy. | – 我是Andy McNiff – Andy |
[11:01] | I’m the moderator. I’m really glad you could make it. | 我是主持人 很高兴你能来 |
[11:04] | Yes, well, likewise. | 我也是 |
[11:07] | I look forward to some intergenerational by-play. | 我很期待两代人之间观点的碰撞 |
[11:10] | Uh, by the way, Andy, | 顺带提一句 Andy |
[11:12] | are you going to be smoking all night? | 你整晚都会抽烟吗 |
[11:16] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[11:19] | Look, no matter what happens, I’m on your side. | 听着 不管怎么样 我都站你这边 |
[11:24] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[11:26] | What does that mean, exactly? | 那具体是什么意思 |
[11:28] | Well, uh… Hi, guys. | 好吧 你好啊 各位 |
[11:31] | – Your guest has arrived. – Here’s your coffee, Dr. Crane. | – 你们的嘉宾到了 – 这是你的咖啡 Crane医生 |
[11:34] | These are my colleagues, Ryan and Trent. | 这是我的同事 Ryan和Trent |
[11:36] | Pleased to meet you, sir. We’re very excited. | 很高兴见到你 我们很激动 |
[11:38] | Likewise. Hello, Ryan. | 我也是 你好 Ryan |
[11:39] | – Ten seconds, guys. – Ah, right. | – 十秒倒数 – 好的 |
[11:41] | You know, you may be surprised to learn | 你们知道了可能会惊讶 |
[11:43] | that it was not so very many years ago | 就不久之前 |
[11:45] | when I myself occupied those tough years twixt 12 and 20. | 我也度过了12岁到20岁之间的艰难岁月 |
[11:50] | Hi, and welcome to Teen Scene, | 你们好 欢迎来到青少年现场 |
[11:52] | Seattle’s premier talk show for young people. | 西雅图青少年最佳脱口秀栏目 |
[11:54] | I’m Andy McNiff, and for the next 60 minutes | 我是Andy McNiff 接下来的六十分钟 |
[11:56] | we’ll be engaged in some straight talk with our special guest. | 我们将和特别来宾探讨 |
[11:59] | And here to get things rolling is our Teen Scene panel, | 接下来就由我们的青少年现场讨论组 |
[12:02] | Trent, Ryan and Emily. Trent. | Trent Ryan和Emily接手 Trent |
[12:04] | Tonight we’re talking to Dr. Frasier Crane, | 今天我们请来了Frasier Crane医生 |
[12:07] | a man who knows what makes us tick. | 一个不断激发我们活力的男人 |
[12:09] | But what do we know about him? | 但我们对他又有多少了解呢 |
[12:11] | Dr. Crane, you’re a popular psychiatrist and radio personality. | Crane医生 作为心理医生和广播名人 |
[12:15] | What would you say is the secret of your success? | 你成功的奥妙是什么呢 |
[12:18] | I suppose it has something to do with the fact | 我想这应该与我 |
[12:20] | that I am a good listener and have a friendly voice, | 实在善于倾听并且态度友好密切相关 |
[12:25] | and I also try to pass along | 而且我也不断尝试接受 |
[12:26] | some real psychological insight and advice. | 其他心理医生的观点和建议 |
[12:29] | My research shows that your replies | 我的研究报告表示你的回应 |
[12:31] | are typically less than five minutes long. | 通常都在五分钟以内 |
[12:33] | Doesn’t seem like a lot | 作为真正心理医生的建议 |
[12:34] | of time for substantive psychological advice. | 这看上去并不是很足够啊 |
[12:36] | If I believe there’s a real problem, I refer the caller to… | 如果我认为真的有问题 通常会推荐来电者去 |
[12:39] | So if it’s a real problem, you pass the buck? | 就是说有真问题 你就踢皮球咯 |
[12:45] | – Excuse me? – February 9th, 1993. | – 你说什么 – 1993年2月9日 |
[12:48] | Does that date mean anything to you? | 对你来说有什么特殊意义吗 |
[12:50] | – Should it? – According to the Boston Globe, | – 应该有意义吗 – 根据”波士顿环球报” |
[12:52] | you spent two hours on a | 你那天在窗台上大闹了两小时 |
[12:53] | ledge threatening to jump if your wife left. | 威胁妻子 要是离开你就跳楼 |
[12:55] | How many of your listeners are aware that they’re taking advice | 有多少听众知道给他们提建议的人 |
[12:58] | from a man who was nearly a stain on the sidewalk? | 是一个差点横尸街头的人 |
[13:03] | Andy, isn’t it about time for a commercial break? | Andy 是不是时候进段广告了 |
[13:06] | Actually, this show is a public service, | 事实上本节目是公共服务性质 |
[13:08] | therefore commercial-free. | 所以并没有商业广告插播 |
[13:09] | Sorry. | 对不起 |
[13:12] | Splendid. | 太棒了 |
[14:13] | Hi, just…hmm… | 嗨 我只是 呃 |
[14:57] | Hi, Peg. | 你好 Peg |
[14:58] | Jeez, I didn’t know you were working the graveyard tonight. | 天呐 我不知道今晚是你值夜班 |
[15:01] | All this month. What brings you here? | 这个月都是我 你怎么来了 |
[15:03] | Actually, I was in the neighbourhood, | 事实上我就住这街区 |
[15:05] | and I wanted to make sure they’d fixed that elevator camera. | 我想确认他们修好了电梯间的摄像头 |
[15:08] | But, see, I thought Rich was on tonight, | 但我以为Rich今晚会在这 |
[15:10] | which explains why I didn’t know you’d be here. | 所以就解释了为啥我没想到是你在这里 |
[15:14] | Right. | 好的 |
[15:15] | – Well, it’s fixed. – Well, that’s good. | – 已经修好了 – 那很好 |
[15:20] | Somebody broke it. | 是有人弄坏的 |
[15:26] | Okay, then. | 那好吧 |
[15:27] | – See you later. – See you. | – 回头见 – 再见 |
[15:33] | Hey, how come I never heard from you? | 为什么你没有打电话给我 |
[15:35] | Oh, jeez… | 天呐 |
[15:36] | Well, I was under the impression we had some chemistry going. | 我以为我们之间有火花的 |
[15:39] | I think I deserved at least a phone call. | 我想你至少会打个电话给我 |
[15:41] | Hey, we made out a little. | 我们就亲热了一下 |
[15:43] | Let’s not ruin it by making it more than it was. | 不要越过界毁了这感觉 |
[15:47] | – Just what I was thinking. – Good. | – 我正是这么想的 – 好的 |
[15:49] | Then it won’t be awkward | 这样就算我俩 |
[15:50] | or anything if we pull the same shift, right? | 在我值班时遇见了 也不会尴尬了 对吗 |
[15:53] | What are you talking about? Don’t worry about me. | 你在说什么 不用担心我的 |
[15:55] | – Watch yourself. Heh. – Ha-ha-ha. Okay. | – 你自己管好就好 – 哈哈 好的 |
[15:58] | No worries. | 不用担心 |
[16:01] | – So I’ll see you around, then. – Yeah, see you. | – 回头再见 – 再见 |
[16:05] | Hey, you going to Jerry’s retirement party? | 你会去Jerry的退休派对吗 |
[16:07] | – Uh, might drop in for a pop or two. – Yeah, same. | – 可能会去玩一会 – 我也是 |
[16:10] | – Maybe I’ll see you there. – Yeah, maybe you will. | – 那么我们到时候见 – 可能哟 |
[16:19] | Again, I freely admit that I assisted my ex-wife | 再说一遍 我的确承认协助了前妻 |
[16:23] | in psychological experiments on lab animals. | 在实验室动物身上做心理实验 |
[16:27] | However, at that time | 但是当时 |
[16:30] | putting a pair of sunglasses | 给猴子戴墨镜 |
[16:32] | on a monkey did not constitute cruelty. | 并不能叫做残忍吧 |
[16:36] | We’ll just agree to disagree. | 那只能说我们并不同意这个说法 |
[16:37] | You know, I scarcely see how | 你知道吗 我无法想象 |
[16:39] | this line of questioning about my personal life | 这一连串关于我个人生活的问题 |
[16:41] | – can benefit your listeners. – Well, Dr. Crane, | – 可以如何帮助听众 – Crane医生 |
[16:43] | every day you ask your listeners to blindly trust you. | 你每天都让你的听众盲目地相信你 |
[16:46] | Isn’t the public entitled to know a little more | 难道公众就不该了解一下 |
[16:48] | about that friendly voice that seems to have all the answers? | 能回答一切问题的友好声音背后那个人吗 |
[16:54] | Oh, I understand. | 我知道了 |
[16:59] | This isn’t about me at all. | 这根本与我无关 |
[17:00] | You see, your combative line of questioning | 你们的一系列问题 |
[17:03] | is completely age-appropriate. | 都是适合你们这个听众年龄段的 |
[17:04] | The challenging of authority, the zeal for truth. | 对强权的挑战 对事实的热诚 |
[17:08] | Speaking of truth, | 说到事实 |
[17:08] | I have a few questions about your last tax return. | 我对你去年的纳税单有一些疑问 |
[17:13] | I hate to interrupt, panel, | 我得打断一下 讨论组的各位 |
[17:15] | but it’s time for our regular news break. | 但现在是我们的常规新闻时间 |
[17:17] | We’ll be back with more Teen Scene fun after this. | 之后将有更多青少年节目 |
[17:22] | Dr. Crane, could I borrow you for a second? | Crane医生 能说几句话吗 |
[17:26] | You’re doing great. | 你做得很棒 |
[17:31] | – Dude, you’re in trouble here. – Thanks for the update. | – 兄弟 你惨了 – 谢谢你的汇报 |
[17:35] | Take it easy, Mr. Snappy. | 放松点 愤怒先生 |
[17:37] | I’m here to help you. | 我这不来帮你了吗 |
[17:39] | Can you believe that Kirby guy works here? | 你们能相信Kirby在这上班吗 |
[17:41] | I can’t believe they finally graduated him. | 我都不敢相信他终于毕业了 |
[17:43] | Now, remember, guys, you’re still goodwill ambassadors… | 记住各位 你们还是友好大使呢 |
[17:46] | We weren’t talking to you. | 没和你说话 |
[17:48] | Okay. | 好的 |
[17:53] | – Everything okay, Dr. Crane? – Absolutely. | – 一切都好吗 Cane医生 – 是的 |
[17:57] | I didn’t fully appreciate | 我并不十分欣赏 |
[17:58] | the hard-hitting nature of your journalism, | 你们激进的新闻采访本质 |
[18:00] | but I think I know how to handle it now. | 但我想我已经知道如何应对了 |
[18:02] | We’re back with more Teen Scene, | 欢迎回到青少年现场 |
[18:04] | and our special guest, Dr. Frasier Crane. | 我们的特别嘉宾是Fraiser Crane医生 |
[18:07] | Now, Dr. Crane, where were we? | Crane医生 我们说到哪了 |
[18:09] | I believe we were discussing my competence | 我相信我们刚谈到了 |
[18:11] | as a mental-health professional. | 我作为一名心理医生的能力问题 |
[18:14] | And though it is true that I have suffered | 的确 我在生命中经历了 |
[18:17] | several emotional setbacks in my life, | 许多情感波澜 |
[18:20] | if we are to be honest, haven’t we all? | 但说实话 谁没有呢 |
[18:24] | And that’s your defence? That we all have problems? | 这就是你的回应 说我们都有问题 |
[18:29] | Perhaps I can better illustrate | 也许我该用一段诗歌 |
[18:31] | my point by reading from a poem entitled: | 更好地阐述我的观点 |
[18:36] | “An Onion for Trisha.” | 叫做”致Trisha的洋葱” |
[18:39] | Where did you get that? | 你从哪里拿到的 |
[18:40] | My heart is like an onion | 我心似洋葱 |
[18:43] | Filled with layers of tears | 层层都是泪 |
[18:46] | Why, oh, why did you leave me, Trisha? | 为何离我远去啊 为何 Trisha |
[18:50] | – Okay, give me that! – Trisha Sharpe? | – 行了 把那个给我 – Trisha Sharpe |
[18:52] | You said you never liked her. | 你说你从来都没喜欢过她 |
[18:53] | Ooh, Trent, tough blow! | 哦 Trent受到巨大伤害 |
[18:58] | Yes, it seems that youthful relationships | 是的 看来年轻的恋情 |
[19:01] | are fraught with emotional hazards. | 充满着情感的荆棘冒险 |
[19:05] | Especially in the case of a young woman | 特别是对于某位在数学夏令营中 |
[19:08] | who finds her first love at math camp. | 寻到了初恋的姑娘来说尤甚 |
[19:13] | – What happened at math camp? – I don’t wanna talk about it. | – 数学营里怎么了 – 我不想说 |
[19:15] | – Uh, Dr. Crane… – Yes, Ryan, | – Crane医生 – 是的 Ryan |
[19:18] | or as the boys on the swim team call you… | 或者像游泳队的伙伴们叫你的 |
[19:21] | So do you have any good advice for kids that wanna go to college? | 你对打算上大学的孩子有什么建议吗 |
[19:27] | As a matter of fact, I believe I do. | 事实上我的确有 |
[19:32] | In short, caller, there is nothing wrong with you. | 简而言之 听众 你并没有什么问题 |
[19:36] | And you’re not going to get sick. | 你也不会因此生病 |
[19:39] | But remember, the more frequently you do it, | 但要记住的是 你做得越频繁 |
[19:43] | the less special it becomes. | 这事也就变得越普通 |
[19:49] | I hope that answers your question. | 我希望这能解答你的疑惑 |
[19:51] | Uh, yeah. Well, uh, thanks a lot. | 好的 谢谢啦 |
[19:54] | Well, that about wraps it up for tonight’s Teen Scene. | 今晚的青少年现场也到了尾声 |
[19:58] | For Trent, Ryan and Emily, this is Andy McNiff, | 感谢Trent Ryan和Emily 我是Andy McNiff |
[20:01] | reminding you we’re still | 提醒各位 |
[20:02] | taking applications for the moderator’s job, | 主持人岗位仍然在招聘中 |
[20:07] | and wishing you a teen-tastic week. | 希望大家有充满年轻活力的一周 |
[20:09] | Good night. | 晚安 |
[20:11] | – Thanks, kids. I had fun. – Yeah, thanks. | – 谢谢孩子们 我玩得很开心 – 真是谢谢了 |
[20:17] | Thank you. You made my month. | 谢谢 你让我这个月都很愉快 |
[20:22] | Way to go, Dr. Crane! That was sweet. | 真好啊 Crane医生 做得真好 |
[20:26] | I’m not exactly proud of myself, Kirby. | 我并不对这个感到骄傲 Kirby |
[20:29] | You should be, man. Those dinks brought it on themselves. | 你应该骄傲 那些傻蛋是自找的 |
[20:31] | They were like, “We’re gonna get this old dude.” | 就好像他们说”我们要整死这老头” |
[20:33] | And then you were like, “Old dude? Say what?” And it was like: | 你就像”你说什么老头” 然后就像 |
[20:36] | Wham! Wham! Smack-down! Boom! Boom! Doc… | 砰砰嘭嘭 一通乱打 |
[20:40] | Well said, Kirby. Uh… | 说得好 Kirby |
[20:43] | And thank you for helping me out. | 也谢谢你帮助我 |
[20:45] | By the way, how did you dig up all that stuff? | 顺便问一下 你怎么找到那些料的 |
[20:49] | Oh, let’s just say I got | 就当是我有一些 |
[20:50] | a few operatives who were, uh, held back. | 隐藏在幕后的帮手 |
[20:56] | Hey, you know, why don’t you and I continue this conversation | 为什么我们不找家芝士汉堡店之类的地方 |
[20:59] | over a cheeseburger or some such? | 继续我们的谈话 |
[21:04] | I’d like that very much. | 我十分愿意 |