时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:09] | – Hey, Roz. – Hey, Daphne. | – 嘿 Roz – 嘿 Daphne |
[00:10] | – Hey, Niles. – Come on in. | – 嘿 Niles – 快进来 |
[00:11] | Is Frasier here? | Frasier在吗 |
[00:12] | I need him to approve the latest version of his bio. | 我得找他 给他最新一版的简历签字 |
[00:15] | Why does he keep updating his bio? | 他干嘛总是更新简历 |
[00:17] | What’s changed in the last few years? | 最近几年他有什么变化吗 |
[00:20] | Oh. His date of birth. | 哦 他的生日在变 |
[00:24] | He’s now four years younger than I am. | 他现在比我还小四岁 |
[00:27] | Well, that’s silly. Does everyone fake their age in radio? | 那太蠢了 电台里每个人都谎报年龄吗 |
[00:31] | – No. – Oh. | – 才不是 – 哦 |
[00:33] | Oh, Roz, please sit down. | Roz 请坐吧 |
[00:36] | I’m glad you’re here. There’s something we want to ask you. | 真高兴你能来 我们有点事想问你 |
[00:40] | When Niles and I get married, | 等Niles和我结婚的时候 |
[00:42] | it would make us very happy if you would serve as maid of honour. | 如果你愿意当首席伴娘 我们会非常荣幸 |
[00:45] | – Really? – Yeah. | – 真的 – 真的 |
[00:48] | I’m so touched. I don’t know what to say. | 我好感动 都不知道说什么了 |
[00:51] | Oh, of course. Of course I’ll do it. | 当然 我当然愿意 |
[00:53] | And now set aside September 1st. | 我们暂定在九月一日 |
[00:55] | Oh, is that Labour Day weekend? | 哦 那是劳工节周末吗 |
[01:00] | Yeah. Is that a problem? | 是啊 有什么问题吗 |
[01:01] | Well, there’s this picnic I always go to, | 那天有一个我经常去的野餐会 |
[01:03] | and I make the potato salad. | 我得做土豆沙拉 |
[01:06] | What am I saying? | 我说什么呢 |
[01:07] | Your wedding is more important than potato salad. | 你们的婚礼当然比土豆沙拉重要 |
[01:10] | Or any salad. | 比别的沙拉也重要 |
[01:12] | Then it’s settled. | 那就这么定了 |
[01:13] | I’ll make the potato salad the night before, | 我在前一天晚上做土豆沙拉好了 |
[01:15] | and I’ll just get someone… | 然后我就找人 |
[01:17] | I’ll figure it out. | 我会想办法的 |
[01:21] | – Hello, all. – Hi. | – 大家好 – 嗨 |
[01:22] | Look who’s here. It’s my little brother Frasier. | 看看谁来了 是我的小弟弟Frasier |
[01:25] | – I brought your new bio. – Oh, yes. | – 我把你的新简历拿来了 – 哦 对 |
[01:27] | I’ll have to deal with that tomorrow, | 我只能明天再处理了 |
[01:28] | Roz. I gotta be cross town in half an hour. | Roz 我半个小时后得去城里另一边 |
[01:30] | I’m previewing the new Benjamin Locklear exhibit, | 我要看Benjamin Locklear的画作预展 |
[01:32] | then I’m having dinner with the artist afterward. | 然后我还要和画家本人共进晚餐 |
[01:35] | It promises to be a very exciting evening. | 肯定会是个非常激动人心的夜晚的 |
[01:36] | And what lucky lady are you sharing it with? | 那哪位女士有幸和你共享这个夜晚呢 |
[01:39] | Well, I’m going alone. | 我准备自己去 |
[01:40] | – Oh, I’m sorry. – Don’t be. | – 哦 真遗憾 – 没关系 |
[01:42] | Truth is, I’m a pretty terrific date. | 事实上 我自己就是个绝佳的约会对象 |
[01:45] | Yes. I know when to arrive, I know when to call it a night, | 没错 我知道什么时候该开始 什么时候该结束 |
[01:49] | and, frankly, I always leave myself wanting more. | 而且说实话 我自己总是约不够 |
[01:55] | Oh, it’s too bad Dr. Crane doesn’t have anyone | 哦 没有人一起和Crane医生做这些事 |
[01:58] | – to share these things with. – I know. | – 真是太遗憾了 – 是啊 |
[02:00] | When was the last time he seriously dated anyone? | 他上次真正和人约会是什么时候 |
[02:03] | Well, that would be Claire, but that was months ago. | 那应该是Claire了 但那都是几个月以前了 |
[02:07] | We should set him up with someone. | 我们应该给他撮合一个 |
[02:09] | Well, it seems to me he’s choosing not to date. | 在我看来他是自己不想约会 |
[02:11] | I have this friend at yoga he might like. | 我瑜伽课上有个朋友他可能会喜欢 |
[02:13] | No, she sounds flaky. I have the perfect person for him. | 不好 一听就是个奇葩 我有个完美人选 |
[02:18] | Well, you know, | 你们知道 |
[02:18] | he’s always been completely capable of meeting people on his own. | 他自己完全有能力去找约会对象 |
[02:21] | No. We should go with my person first. | 不 我们应该先考虑我的人选 |
[02:23] | You don’t have the best track record. | 你帮人撮合的历史记录可没那么好 |
[02:25] | Me? Whenever you’ve set me up with guys, | 我 每次你给我介绍对象 |
[02:27] | I knew they were losers the second I saw them. | 我看一眼就知道他们都是屌丝 |
[02:30] | Turned out to be bad in bed too. | 结果床上功夫也不怎么样 |
[02:34] | Well, there’s no reason | 我们俩总得有一个 |
[02:35] | we both can’t try to set him up with someone. | 想办法把他跟别人撮合起来 |
[02:38] | Okay. But we have to find someone who’s gorgeous, sexy and smart. | 好吧 但我们得找个漂亮 性感又聪明的 |
[02:43] | Smart’s good, but I’m not a fanatic about it. | 聪明倒是不错 但不聪明我也不挑剔 |
[02:46] | It’s not for you. It’s for Dr. Crane. | 不是给你找的 是给Crane医生找的 |
[02:49] | Yes. Even though he’s expressed | 是的 尽管他自己 |
[02:50] | no dissatisfaction with his love life, | 并没有表达对爱情生活缺失的不满 |
[02:52] | Whatsoever, these two have decided | 但是呢 这两位已经决定 |
[02:53] | to make it their mission to find him a mate. | 要把给他找对象作为头等大事了 |
[02:55] | It’s not a bad idea. | 这个想法倒也不错 |
[02:57] | It’s been a long time since Frasier was excited about somebody. | Frasier已经有一阵子没对人有激情了 |
[03:02] | I kind of miss that spring in his step, you know? | 我还真有点怀念他走路像踩着弹簧的样子 |
[03:05] | The nervous energy he gets | 还有那种每个初次约会对象 |
[03:06] | where every first date might be the one. | 都可能是一生真爱那种紧张的情绪 |
[03:10] | The electricity of that 30-point self-inspection | 那种他走出演播室之前 |
[03:13] | before he rolls out of the showroom. | 做30分自我测试的活力 |
[03:17] | He says he’s happy. | 他说了他乐意这样 |
[03:18] | Isn’t that what you would’ve said, too, | 在你哥撮合我俩之前 |
[03:20] | before your brother helped bring us together? | 你不是也这么说吗 |
[03:22] | That’s my point exactly. Let’s start calling babes. | 我就是这个意思 咱们开始找妞吧 |
[03:27] | Yeah. Hee-hee. | 好啊 哈哈 |
[03:31] | Aah. What about Caroline? | 啊 Caroline怎么样 |
[03:32] | She’d get along great with your brother. | 她和你哥肯定相处的很好 |
[03:34] | Is she the one missing a tooth? | 她不是少颗牙那个吗 |
[03:37] | She had it replaced. | 她已经镶回去了 |
[03:38] | That dental school did a good job too. | 那家牙医学校镶得也不错 |
[03:40] | You can only tell it’s fake under a black light. | 你只有在黑光灯下才能看出来那是假牙 |
[03:47] | What about Jennifer? | Jennifer怎么样 |
[03:49] | She’s pretty, smart, she has those perky breasts. | 她又漂亮又聪明 双峰挺拔 |
[03:52] | Huh. | 哈 |
[03:54] | Wouldn’t call them perky so much as… | 她那样可算不上挺拔 |
[03:57] | Don’t remember Jennifer. | 我不记得Jennifer什么样了 |
[04:01] | Well, besides, didn’t Frasier already go out with her? | 除此之外 Frasier不是以前和她约会过吗 |
[04:05] | Oh, you’re right. | 哦 你说的对 |
[04:06] | Well, that’s everyone I know. | 我就只认识这些人了 |
[04:08] | Oh, it’s too bad. I was hoping we could help. | 那太不巧了 我还希望我们能帮上忙呢 |
[04:12] | Yeah. There is this one woman I know. | 还有一位我认识的女士 |
[04:15] | Lisa Lisa. | |
[04:17] | She’d be great. | 她肯定不错 |
[04:18] | They share a lot of interests. She even owns a bookstore. | 他们有不少共同爱好 她还是书店店主呢 |
[04:22] | You’ve been holding out on me. | 你怎么没和我说过 |
[04:24] | Well, she’s a former patient, | 她以前是我的病人 |
[04:26] | so that’s kind of an ethical grey area. | 所以其实道德上有点说不清 |
[04:28] | I’m not sure I’m comfortable setting her up with Frasier. | 我不确定把她介绍给Frasier好不好 |
[04:30] | Well, what if she didn’t know you were setting her up? | 如果她不知道是你在介绍怎么样 |
[04:33] | You could point her out to me, | 你让我认识她 |
[04:35] | and I could strike up a friendship. | 我再去和她交朋友 |
[04:37] | We could go out for coffee, | 我们可以喝杯咖啡 |
[04:38] | see movies, tell each other everything. | 看看电影 分享秘密 |
[04:42] | Maybe I was a little hasty in making Roz me maid of honour. | 我让Roz做首席伴娘好像太仓促了点 |
[04:48] | As soon as she finds out you’re my fiance, well, | 可是一旦她发现你是我未婚妻 |
[04:52] | there’s my ethical dilemma again. | 那我道德上又进退两难了 |
[04:53] | Well, what if they just happen to meet by themselves? | 那么 要是他们自己偶遇了呢 |
[04:58] | – Like at her bookstore? – Exactly. | – 比如在她的书店里 – 就是这样 |
[05:02] | Frasier is always going to bookstores. | Frasier总喜欢去书店 |
[05:04] | She does own a bookstore. | 她又是书店店主 |
[05:08] | Over time, it’s highly probable | 总有一天 很有可能 |
[05:09] | he would find himself in her bookstore. | 他会不经意走进她的书店 |
[05:14] | Perhaps I could just place them within range of one another. | 或许我只需创造他们相遇的条件 |
[05:19] | And I’d just stay out of sight. | 然后在暗中观察 |
[05:21] | That’ll do. | 那很好啊 |
[05:22] | – So, what does she look like anyway? – My God, she’s gorgeous. | – 那么 她到底长什么样 – 天哪 她可太漂亮了 |
[05:25] | She has these… | 她那个 |
[05:29] | I’d have to check my notes. | 我得去看一下记事本 |
[05:40] | Oh, hi. Here we are. | 哦 嗨 我们到了 |
[05:43] | Well, uh, it’s a lovely little bookstore, Niles, | 呃 这个小书店还不错 Niles |
[05:45] | but I hardly see how it’s worth driving all the way across town. | 但是我看不出哪里值得开车跨城特地过来 |
[05:50] | Doesn’t seem to have much of a selection. | 看起来种类不是很丰富 |
[05:51] | Well, it may not cater to all tastes, | 也许不适合所有人的品味 |
[05:53] | but I’m confident you’ll find something | 但我相信你会找到 |
[05:55] | to pique your interest. | 你感兴趣的东西 |
[06:02] | Um, Frasier. Frasier. | 呃 Frasier Frasier |
[06:06] | Um, Daphne had asked me to provide her with a reading list, | 呃 Daphne让我给她列个读书清单 |
[06:09] | – to broaden her mind. – Oh, that’s admirable. | – 来拓展一下思维 – 哦 那很好啊 |
[06:11] | Yeah. And I was thinking of starting with Shakespeare. | 是啊 我想就从莎士比亚开始吧 |
[06:14] | Uh, and you have such a grasp of his work, | 呃 你又对他的作品这么了解 |
[06:16] | I was wondering if you could help me make a selection. | 我在想你能否帮我选择一些 |
[06:18] | Well, of course. Although I’m a bit surprised. | 当然可以 不过我有点惊讶 |
[06:20] | You always considered yourself the more well-versed. | 你不是总认为你更精通莎士比亚作品吗 |
[06:23] | Well-versed, yes, but you’re the expert. | 精通 确实是 但你才是专家 |
[06:27] | I’ve waited since third grade to hear you say that. | 我从三年级就在等你说这句话了 |
[06:33] | Hmm. | 嗯 |
[06:39] | Um, you know, maybe she’d appreciate Shakespeare more | 呃 其实如果她先了解一下莎士比亚本人 |
[06:42] | if she knew something about him. Perhaps a biography? | 可能会更欣赏他的作品 先来本传记怎么样 |
[06:45] | It’s good thinking. | 好想法 |
[06:47] | Ah. | 啊 |
[06:50] | Although philosophy is the basis of all thought. | 其实哲学才是一切思想的根本 |
[06:53] | Any mind-broadening exercise should begin with philosophy. | 拓展思维应该从哲学开始 |
[06:56] | Very well. Uh-huh. | 好吧 |
[06:58] | Or sports. Ahem. | 或者体育也行 |
[07:01] | No, philosophy. | 不 还是哲学吧 |
[07:03] | – You’re certain? – Unquestionably. | – 你确定 – 毫无疑问 |
[07:05] | Go, go. | 快去 快去 |
[07:12] | Hmm. | 嗯 |
[07:23] | Ah. Here we are. | 啊 找到了 |
[07:26] | Plato’s “Republic”. | 柏拉图的<理想国> |
[07:28] | Can’t say I agree with everything in there, | 不能说里面每句话我都赞同 |
[07:30] | but it’s a place to start. | 但作为开始还是很不错的 |
[07:31] | There’s a little tear in the cover. Would you get another copy? | 这里有点破了 你能帮我换一本吗 |
[07:33] | Good heavens. What am I? Your lackey? | 天哪 你拿我当跟班吗 |
[07:35] | No, no, no. I’m just engrossed in this “Heroes of NASCAR”. | 不不不 我只是被这本<全国赛车英雄谱>吸引住了 |
[07:45] | Fine. | 好吧 |
[07:48] | Here you go. | 给你 |
[07:50] | – Pristine condition. – Thank you. | – 全新的 – 谢谢 |
[07:52] | You know, while we’re here, I’d like to try to find a book | 话说 既然都来了 我想找找有没有 |
[07:55] | on the early British Monarchy. | 关于早期英国君主制度的书 |
[07:57] | I’ve recently read “The Isles: A History”. | 我最近读了<岛国历史>这本书 |
[07:59] | They didn’t go into as much detail | 他们对于我感兴趣的 |
[08:00] | as I might’ve liked about the Plantagenets. | 金雀花王朝讲得不够详细 |
[08:02] | Hmm. Well, you know, why don’t you ask someone here? | 嗯 话说 我们问问这里的人吧 |
[08:06] | I found the staff here very knowledgeable. | 我觉得这里的店员知识非常渊博 |
[08:07] | Well, yes. All right, all right. I’ll be right back. | 好吧 好吧 我马上回来 |
[08:10] | Yes. Ah, excuse me. | 对了 啊 不好意思 |
[08:11] | Um, do you happen to have a book on the Plantagenets? | 请问你们有没有关于金雀花王朝的书 |
[08:16] | That’s like a banana, right? | 那是一种香蕉吗 |
[08:20] | Never mind. | 没事了 |
[08:22] | – Any luck? – Finding dunderheads, yes. | – 有进展吗 – 发现笨蛋吗 确实有 |
[08:24] | Oh, well, maybe you should ask someone else. | 哦 没准你该问问别人 |
[08:26] | – All right. – Can I help the next person? | – 好吧 – 下一位 |
[08:29] | Or maybe what we should do is just pay for our bucks and go. | 或者没准我们该赶紧交钱走人 |
[08:30] | Niles, we just got here. | Niles 我们不是刚到吗 |
[08:32] | – You are acting very strangely. – No, I’m not. | – 你怎么行为这么诡异 – 我没有 |
[08:37] | – What the hell is wrong with you? – I’m sorry… Dizzy spells. | – 你到底怎么了 – 抱歉 我突然头晕 |
[08:39] | There’s a footstool in the Shakespeare section. | 莎士比亚区有个凳子 |
[08:41] | Why don’t you just go have a seat for a minute. | 你去坐一会吧 |
[08:42] | – I’ll be fine. You just pay for the books. – Right. Yes, of course. | – 我没事的 你快去付钱 – 好的 没问题 |
[08:45] | – Clark, can you take over? – Sure. | – Clark 能帮我顶一下吗 – 没问题 |
[08:50] | – Hello, again. – Yes, hello. | – 您好 又见面了 – 是啊 你好 |
[08:52] | – So, did you find what you’re looking for? – Not really, no. | – 找到您想要的书了吗 – 没有 没找到 |
[08:54] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[08:57] | Oh, I have Book-Lover’s discount. | 哦 我有爱书者折扣劵 |
[08:58] | Ah, we don’t accept that. | 啊 我们不收那个 |
[09:00] | – Independent Booksellers? – No. | – 独立书商的呢 – 不收 |
[09:03] | Bibliophiles? | 藏书家呢 |
[09:05] | Dewey Decimal discount? | 杜威十进制折扣 |
[09:07] | Dust Jacket Gang? | 书皮纸帮 |
[09:09] | I’m sorry. We do have our own card. It’s $25. | 不好意思 但我们有自己的会员卡 要25刀 |
[09:12] | Twenty-five doll…? For a little card? | 25刀 就一张小卡片 |
[09:14] | You get 15 percent off all purchases. | 您购买所有商品可以打八五折 |
[09:17] | Very well. | 好吧 |
[09:18] | How much will I save today? | 那我今天可以省多少钱 |
[09:20] | The discount starts with your next purchase. | 折扣从下次购买开始 |
[09:22] | What? What kind of a Ponzi scheme are you operating here? | 什么 你们这是搞什么庞氏骗局呢 |
[09:26] | Store policy. | 这是店里的规定 |
[09:27] | I would like to speak with the storeowner, please. | 我要找你们老板谈谈 |
[09:29] | Whoa. What’s going on? | 哇 出什么事了 |
[09:31] | I’m going to give the owner a piece of my mind. | 我要跟店主理论理论 |
[09:32] | That’s alright. That’s alright. Forget it. I don’t want the book. | 没事的 算了吧 我不想要书了 |
[09:34] | Yes, you do, you’re getting the book. | 不 你得要 你想要就要买到 |
[09:35] | – You know, I don’t. – You’re getting the book and a discount. | – 我不要了 – 你不光要买到书 还要享受折扣 |
[09:37] | Lisa, we have a card challenge at checkout. | Lisa 收银台这边有人质疑会员卡规定 |
[09:40] | – No, no, no. Challenge withdrawn. – Over my protest. | – 不不不 收回质疑 – 等我抗议完再说 |
[09:43] | No, no. We’re leaving. Everything’s okay. | 别 别 我们走吧 没事了 |
[09:44] | All right, all right. You know, by the way, | 好吧 好吧 顺便说 |
[09:46] | you have an alphabetical misfile, | 你们有个地方字母顺序排错了 |
[09:47] | but I’m not telling you where. | 但我就不告诉你在哪 |
[09:55] | I just know the two of you are gonna hit it off. | 我知道你俩肯定会一拍即合的 |
[09:58] | I thought you were always complaining he’s such a tight-ass. | 你不是总抱怨他的翘臀吗 |
[10:01] | Not complaining. Bragging. | 不是抱怨 是夸口 |
[10:03] | You know? That I work with someone who’s got such a tight ass. | 吹我居然能跟臀这么翘的同事一起工作 |
[10:09] | Frasier, Susanna. Susanna, this is Frasier. | Frasier 这是Susanna Susanna 这位是Frasier |
[10:12] | Come on in. Uh, Roz has told me all about you. | 快请进 呃 Roz总跟我提起你 |
[10:14] | She told me all about you too. | 她也总和我提起你 |
[10:16] | I thought since you were making dinner, I’d add a little contribution my own. | 我想既然是你来做晚饭 我就加道菜好了 |
[10:18] | It’s nothing special, just a key lime pie. | 没什么特别的 就是个酸橙派 |
[10:21] | “Nothing special.” | 还”没什么特别的” |
[10:23] | She made the whole thing herself from scratch. | 这一切都是她自己一点一点做出来的 |
[10:25] | The crust, the meringue. | 外壳 酥皮啊 |
[10:27] | She even baked it in a pie plate she fired in her own home kiln. | 甚至这个盘子都是她在自己家窑里烧出来的 |
[10:33] | In my spare time, I use my power of invisibility to fight crime. | 我业余时间还能隐身打击犯罪呢 |
[10:36] | – Ha-ha-ha. – Am I overselling this a little? | – 哈哈哈 – 我有点太浮夸了吗 |
[10:39] | Just a bit, yes, Roz. | 是有一点 Roz |
[10:41] | I’ll just go put this in the kitchen. Ha, ha. | 我去把这个放厨房里好了 哈哈 |
[10:44] | Why don’t you ladies make yourselves comfortable? | 女士们你们随便坐就好 |
[10:51] | – Would anyone care for some wine? – Thank you. Sure. | – 有谁想喝酒吗 – 谢谢 当然好 |
[10:54] | Frasier knows pretty much everything there is to know about wine. | Frasier对酒类真是无所不知 |
[10:57] | Tell us some things about wine, Frasier. | 给我们讲讲酒的事吧 Frasier |
[11:03] | Sometimes you have to know when to put a cork in it. | 有时候你得明白什么时候该把瓶塞塞上 |
[11:08] | – So, Roz, where’s Roger? – I don’t know. | – 那么 Roz Roger哪去了 – 我也不知道 |
[11:10] | I’ll call him and see what’s holding him up. | 我给他打个电话看看他怎么了 |
[11:13] | You know, Susanna, now would be a good time | 话说 Susanna 现在正好可以 |
[11:15] | to show Frasier your portfolio. | 给Frasier看看你的作品集 |
[11:18] | – Susanna’s an artist. – Oh. | – Susanna是艺术家 – 哦 |
[11:20] | She even has a gallery that shows her paintings exclusively. | 她甚至还有个专门展出她作品的画廊呢 |
[11:23] | It’s not so much a gallery as a restaurant-slash-bowling alley. | 不算什么画廊 最多是个餐厅兼保龄球馆 |
[11:28] | She’s a hell of a bowler too. | 她保龄球也打得特别棒 |
[11:30] | Someone better snatch her up before she joins a league | 最好趁她没参加联赛 赶快拉她入队 |
[11:34] | and there go her Saturday nights. | 不然她周六晚就没空了 |
[11:39] | Roz, go make your call, all right? | Roz 打你的电话去 好吗 |
[11:43] | – Here we are. – Thank you. | – 给您 – 谢谢 |
[11:45] | I don’t usually travel with my portfolio, | 我一般不会带着作品集到处跑 |
[11:48] | but she made me bring it. | 但她非要我带上 |
[11:49] | I’m glad she did. I actually fancy myself a bit of a collector. | 很高兴她这样 我其实也自视为一个小收藏家呢 |
[11:52] | – I’d love to see it. – Oh, all right. | – 我很想看看 – 哦 好吧 |
[11:54] | – But be gentle. – Of course. | – 别太苛刻 – 当然 |
[12:00] | Oh, my. | 哦 天哪 |
[12:02] | Well, that is interesting. It’s quite remarkable, really. | 很有趣 非常卓越 真的 |
[12:05] | Thanks. The original’s hanging over the shoe rental. | 谢谢 原件挂在租鞋店里呢 |
[12:12] | Wonderful texture. | 纹理真棒 |
[12:14] | And these blues. | 还有这些蓝色 |
[12:17] | So much sadness. | 非常忧伤 |
[12:19] | Most people don’t get that. | 大多数人都看不出这个的 |
[12:23] | Yes, and your elongated figures | 是啊 还有你这种 |
[12:24] | are actually reminiscent of Modigliani. | 细长的造型其实让人想到莫迪利亚尼 |
[12:26] | That’s interesting. I used to love Modigliani as a girl. | 真巧 我小时候特别喜欢莫迪利亚尼 |
[12:29] | Maybe I was subconsciously influenced. | 也许我受了些潜移默化的影响 |
[12:31] | Quite possibly, yes. | 很有可能 是的 |
[12:32] | I see you’re also a fan of Benjamin Locklear. | 我看出你也是Benjamin Locklear的粉丝啊 |
[12:35] | – What? – Benjamin Locklear has a show… | – 啥 – Benjamin Locklear举办了一个 |
[12:36] | I know who he is. His stuff isn’t anything like mine. | 我知道他是谁 他那些玩意和我的完全不同啊 |
[12:40] | Maybe you haven’t seen his latest work. | 也许你没看过他最近的作品 |
[12:42] | You see, I was just in attendance at his most recent opening. | 你瞧 我参加了他最近的一个画展 |
[12:45] | I purchased a fantastic piece myself. Here, let me show you. | 我自己还买了一幅非常不错的作品 来 我给你看看 |
[12:50] | Hmm? | 嗯 |
[12:51] | – Oh my God. – It’s magnificent, isn’t it? | – 天哪 – 真是太棒了是吧 |
[12:53] | You know, I’m thinking of putting it in my bedroom to set off the duvet. | 我在考虑 把它挂在卧室里衬我的羽绒被 |
[12:56] | That hack ripped me off. | 那个骗子抄我的作品 |
[12:58] | – That’s quite an accusation. – The guy is a thief. | – 这谴责的还真重 – 那货就是个贼 |
[13:01] | Everyone in the art community knows it. | 艺术圈每个人都知道 |
[13:02] | I consider myself a member of the art community. | 我自认为也是艺术圈的 |
[13:04] | – All I’ve heard is good things. – Oh, please. | – 而我听到的都是好话 – 哦 拜托 |
[13:07] | The guy steals from lesser-known artists | 这人专门窃取不太知名的艺术家的作品 |
[13:08] | and markets himself to suckers with more money than taste. | 署上自己的名卖给那些钱多品位低的蠢蛋 |
[13:17] | You know what? | 你知道吗 |
[13:19] | You’re right. | 你说的也对 |
[13:21] | Maybe he did copy you. | 也许他确实抄了你的 |
[13:23] | Maybe he got his inspiration one evening | 也许他是有天晚上 |
[13:25] | when he was out bowling a few frames. | 打保龄球的时候找到的灵感 |
[13:29] | I do not need to be insulted by someone who buys art | 我才不用在这忍受一个 |
[13:33] | because it matches his bedspread. | 为了配床单才买艺术品的人羞辱 |
[13:35] | It’s a duvet, and you’re delusional. | 那是羽绒被 而且你是个自大狂 |
[13:37] | – Dilettante. – Forger. | – 半吊子 – 造假者 |
[13:39] | Man who uses the word “Duvet.” | 说”羽绒被”这个词的娘炮 |
[13:45] | Hey, guys, how’s it going? | 嘿 大伙 进展的怎么样了 |
[13:48] | She is crazy, that’s how it’s going. | 她疯了 就是这么回事 |
[13:49] | And for your information, | 顺便告诉你 |
[13:51] | Benjamin Locklear is as overrated as your ass. | Benjamin Locklear和你的屁股都不怎么样 |
[13:58] | What the hell was that supposed to mean? | 她说的到底是什么意思 |
[14:00] | I have no idea. Have a nice weekend. | 我也不知道 周末愉快 |
[14:03] | – What’s going on out here? – Oh. | – 外边出什么事了 – 哦 |
[14:06] | I let Roz set me up on a blind date with one of her friends. | 我让Roz介绍我和她一个朋友相亲 |
[14:10] | Big waste of time, huh? | 纯粹浪费时间 哈 |
[14:12] | – Well, there’s pie. – Ooh. | – 我倒是赚了个派 – 噢 |
[14:15] | – Homemade? – Yep. | – 自己做的 – 是啊 |
[14:17] | – Cherry? – Key lime. | – 樱桃的 – 酸橙的 |
[14:19] | I can live with that. | 这倒没关系 |
[14:22] | Sorry, son. Tough break. | 真遗憾 儿子 运气不好罢了 |
[14:24] | Oh, I bet it’s got a lard crust. Ooh. | 哦 我猜这饼皮肯定是猪油做的 |
[14:31] | – Brought you a fork, Dad. – Oh, thanks. | – 给你的叉子 爸 – 哦 谢谢 |
[14:33] | I wish I’d never let Roz set me up on that date. | 我真希望没让Roz给我介绍对象 |
[14:35] | Well, you know, | 话说回来 |
[14:36] | you can’t hit the ball unless you take a swing. Oh. | 你不试试怎么知道呢 哦 |
[14:40] | Now, there’s this gal at the building where I work. | 其实 我工作的那栋楼里有个妹子 |
[14:42] | Dad, dad. You’re not proposing another blind date. | 爸 爸 你别是又想给我安排相亲吧 |
[14:44] | Now, she’s a beautiful young lawyer, and she couldn’t be nicer. | 她是个年轻漂亮的律师 没有比她更好的了 |
[14:47] | – I am not interested. – Well, now, don’t say that. | – 我不感兴趣 – 话别说太早 |
[14:50] | – You gotta see her. – Dad… | – 你得见见她 – 爸 |
[14:52] | Frasier, listen to me. | Frasier 听我说 |
[14:55] | You gotta see her. | 你见了她就知道了 |
[14:59] | A young lawyer, you say? | 年轻律师是吧 |
[15:07] | – Thanks for meeting me here. – Sure. | – 谢谢你在这见我 – 不客气 |
[15:09] | I thought it would be nice to have a drink before dinner. | 我想晚饭前来一杯应该不错 |
[15:12] | You know, I don’t think I’ve ever really been here before, | 我以前好像没来过这里 |
[15:14] | but it does have a nice sort of neighbourhood feel to it. | 但是这里气氛还是挺亲切的 |
[15:17] | It is my favourite place. | 这是我最喜欢的地方 |
[15:19] | Ah. | 啊 |
[15:20] | So my dad tells me that you’re a lawyer. | 我爸告诉我你是律师 |
[15:23] | Actually, I’m a legal secretary, | 其实我是法律秘书 |
[15:25] | but I’m planning to go to law school next fall. | 但我打算明年秋天去上法学院 |
[15:27] | Well, that’s admirable. Thank you. | 那真是太好了 谢谢 |
[15:30] | Of course, you know, paradoxically, | 当然了 你知道 矛盾的是 |
[15:32] | you’ll have to pass the bar if you expect to pass the bar. Ha-ha-ha. | 如果你想通过律师考试就得先跳过酒吧 哈哈哈 |
[15:38] | You’re so funny. | 你真逗 |
[15:42] | – Hey, Kris. – Hey, Clint. | – 嘿 Kris – 嘿 Clint |
[15:44] | Nice to see you. Hey, that’s a great sweater. | 很高兴见到你 嘿 毛衣真漂亮 |
[15:46] | Oh, thank you. | 哦 谢谢 |
[15:51] | So, uh, what did my dad tell you about me? | 那么 我爸和你说过我什么吗 |
[15:54] | – Oh, he talks about you all the time. – Really? | – 哦 他总跟我谈起你 – 真的 |
[15:57] | Yes, he’s very proud of you. | 是啊 他特别为你骄傲 |
[16:00] | But what he didn’t tell me is how good-looking you are. | 但是他倒没告诉我你有这么帅 |
[16:05] | Well, thank you. | 谢谢 |
[16:07] | Compliments of the gentleman in the Hawaiian shirt. | 那边穿夏威夷衬衫的男士请您的 |
[16:11] | Thanks, Graham. | 谢谢 Graham |
[16:16] | – So you know him? – Oh, you know. | – 你认识他 – 哦 你懂得 |
[16:21] | – Hey, you. – Hey. | – 嘿 你好啊 – 嘿 |
[16:23] | Wouldn’t mind stopping and smelling those roses. | 停下来闻闻这些花可不错 |
[16:24] | – Oh. You are so funny. – Ha-ha-ha. | – 哦 你真逗 – 哈哈哈 |
[16:28] | Jason, this is Frasier. Frasier, Jason. | Jason 这位是Frasier Frasier 这是Jason |
[16:31] | – Nice to meet you. – So you owe me a pool game. | – 很高兴见到你 – 话说你还欠我一盘台球呢 |
[16:34] | – Another time. – Oh, sounds like somebody’s scared. | – 下次吧 – 哦 听起来某人害怕了哦 |
[16:37] | Yeah, you. | 是啊 不就是你吗 |
[16:38] | – Scared of getting your ass kicked. – Uh-huh. | – 害怕输得屁滚尿流 – 啊哈 |
[16:41] | But it’ll have to be another time. | 但是必须得等下次了 |
[16:43] | I’m on a date. | 我正约会着呢 |
[16:44] | Frasier doesn’t mind. You don’t mind, do you? | Frasier才不介意 你不介意 对吧 |
[16:47] | – Well, actually… – Thanks, champ. | – 其实我 – 谢了 哥们 |
[16:48] | I’ll be right back. | 我马上回来 |
[16:52] | – Mind if I break? – Sure. Go ahead. | – 我开球好吗 – 没问题 开吧 |
[16:57] | Ugh. Looks like you’re stripes. | 啊 看来你要花球了 |
[16:59] | Yep, and you are definitely solid. | 是啊 而你肯定是实心了 |
[17:01] | – Oh, shut up. – I got next game. | – 讨厌啦 – 下局我来 |
[17:04] | I’m after Graham. | Graham之后是我 |
[17:07] | So | 那么 |
[17:09] | how do you know Kris? | 你是怎么认识Kris的 |
[17:11] | Oh, you know. | 哦 你懂得 |
[17:14] | No, I really don’t. | 不 我不懂得 |
[17:17] | I got her next. | 下局是我的 |
[17:18] | Oh, Kris, I got my car checked out. You were right. | 哦 Kris 我把车送去检查了 你说的对 |
[17:21] | It was the transmission. | 确实是传动装置的问题 |
[17:23] | Then you owe me a pitcher. | 那你可欠我一大杯酒了 |
[17:28] | So you known Kris a long time? | 那么你认识Kris很久了 |
[17:31] | – Who are you? – I’m her date. | – 你谁啊 – 我是她约会对象 |
[17:34] | – Nice job. – Very nice. | – 好球 – 棒极了 |
[17:35] | She’s hot tonight. | 她今晚真漂亮 |
[17:37] | So who are you? | 你是谁来着 |
[17:40] | Excuse me. | 我离开一下 |
[17:50] | Hello? | 喂 |
[17:51] | Oh, Dad. Yeah. | 哦 爸 是啊 |
[17:56] | Well, oh, yeah, she’s very pretty. | 哦 是啊 她很漂亮 |
[17:58] | And, uh… And nice. | 也 呃 人也很好 |
[18:02] | A little too nice, perhaps. | 可能有点太好了 |
[18:10] | Frasier, the table only takes quarters. | Frasier 球台只收两毛五硬币 |
[18:14] | Would you get some change? | 你能去换点零钱吗 |
[18:16] | You know, Kris, maybe we should cancel our plans for tonight. | 话说 Kris 或许我们应该取消今晚的活动 |
[18:19] | What? Why? | 什么 为什么 |
[18:20] | You’re having such a good time with your crowd here. | 你和你朋友们玩的很开心啊 |
[18:23] | No. I just have to teach this one guy a lesson, | 别 我只是必须得教训教训这个人 |
[18:27] | then I’m all yours. | 完事之后我什么都听你的 |
[18:28] | I promise. | 我保证 |
[18:29] | Well, I guess I can ask the bartender for some change. | 好吧 我想我可以向酒保要点零钱 |
[18:32] | Oh, Smitty’s too busy. | 哦 Smitty太忙了 |
[18:34] | But try next door at the dry cleaners. | 去隔壁干洗店试试吧 |
[18:36] | Tell them it’s for me. | 告诉他们是我要的 |
[18:38] | Thanks for the tip. | 谢谢提醒 |
[18:39] | – You are so sweet. – Ah. | – 你最好了 – 啊 |
[18:42] | Isn’t Frasier sweet, guys? | 大伙 Frasier是不是最好了 |
[18:44] | – Yeah. – Sweet. | – 是啊 – 最好了 |
[18:49] | I felt sure that Frasier was gonna hit it off with Kris. | 我觉得Frasier跟Kris肯定能成 |
[18:53] | She’s really popular at the office. | 她在办公室特别受欢迎 |
[18:57] | Poor Dr. Crane. I feel like we failed him. | 可怜的Crane医生 我觉得我们辜负了他 |
[18:59] | Well, I’m not ready to throw in the towel. | 我觉得还不到认输的时候 |
[19:02] | There’s this woman at the dog park… | 在遛狗公园还有个女的 |
[19:03] | Well, if you’re gonna try again, we should try again too. | 如果你想再试一次 那我们也该再试一次 |
[19:06] | Maybe Frasier had the right attitude by leaving it up to fate. | 说不定Frasier顺其自然的态度是对的 |
[19:09] | There’s nothing wrong with lending a helping hand. | 帮个忙总是没错的 |
[19:11] | Maybe we were destined to fix him up with someone. | 或许我们就注定要给他介绍对象 |
[19:14] | No. I’m afraid whatever we wanted for Frasier, | 我只是怕不管我们给Frasier怎么安排 |
[19:18] | fate had other plans. | 命运都会把他带歪 |
[19:21] | Hi. | 嗨 |
[19:23] | – Can you give me change for a dollar? – No change. | – 你能帮我换一块钱的零钱吗 – 没有零钱 |
[19:26] | – Uh, it’s for Kris. – Oh, yeah, sure. | – 呃 是给Kris换的 – 哦 那没问题 |
[19:33] | – Here you go. – Thank you. | – 给你 – 谢谢 |
[19:34] | – Hi, Lisa. – Oh, Andy. | – 嗨 Lisa – 哦 Andy |
[19:38] | – Can you get out spray paint? – Well, how’d this happen? | – 你们能洗掉喷漆吗 – 这是怎么搞的 |
[19:41] | I was at the new Benjamin Locklear exhibit, | 我当时在看Benjamin Locklear的新画展 |
[19:43] | and this crazy woman came in and started ranting about | 有个疯女人跑进来开始大喊 |
[19:46] | how he’d ripped off her work. | 什么他抄了她的作品 |
[19:48] | And then she started spray-painting everything. | 然后她就开始用喷漆到处狂喷 |
[19:52] | Actually, I don’t know if I should clean it | 说实话 我不知道我是该把这个洗掉 |
[19:54] | or hold onto it till after she dies. | 还是一直留到她死 |
[19:58] | You know, because art increases in value after the artist… | 你知道 画作在艺术家死后会升值 |
[20:02] | Think you can get this out? | 你觉得能洗掉吗 |
[20:04] | Excuse me, um, you only gave me three quarters and a nickel. | 不好意思 你只给了我三个两毛五的和一个五分的 |
[20:08] | I guess I don’t have any more quarters left. | 我想我这没有多余的两毛五了 |
[20:10] | – You want your dollar back? – Oh, I might have change. | – 你想要回你的一块钱吗 – 哦 我可能有零钱 |
[20:13] | – Let me look. – Oh, that’s very kind of you. | – 我找找看 – 哦 您真是太好了 |
[20:16] | Gum, candy… Oh, oh, oh. | 口香糖 糖果 哦 哦 哦 |
[20:19] | – Here you go. – Thanks. Um… | – 给您 – 谢谢 呃 |
[20:23] | Say, uh, don’t you have a coat? It’s kind of cold outside. | 话说 呃 您没有大衣吗 外面还挺冷的 |
[20:27] | I just got spray paint on mine. | 我的刚弄上喷漆了 |
[20:29] | I wanted to get it cleaned as soon as possible. | 我想尽快把它洗干净 |
[20:31] | – Did you put seltzer on it? – Of course. | – 你用苏打水洗过吗 – 当然了 |
[20:33] | You know, a lot of people mistakenly use | 很多人都会错误地用 |
[20:34] | – lemon juice. – Lemon juice. | – 柠檬汁洗 – 柠檬汁洗 |
[20:37] | – Which never works. – No, no. | – 那个一点用都没有 – 完全没有 |
[20:39] | And it attracts bees. | 而且还会招引蜜蜂 |
[20:41] | I did not know that. | 那个我倒是不知道 |
[20:44] | Well, I’m not exactly certain that it attracts bees, | 其实我也不确定会不会招引蜜蜂 |
[20:46] | but I mean, it does make sense, doesn’t it? | 但是我是说 听起来挺有道理的 不是吗 |
[20:49] | Not really, but you say it with such authority, I bought it. | 并不是 但是你说的那么确定 我就信了 |
[20:55] | Say, uh, do you play pool? | 话说 呃 你打台球吗 |
[20:57] | No. | 不打 |
[20:59] | Neither do I. | 我也不打 |
[21:01] | Hi, my name is Frasier. | 嗨 我叫Frasier |
[21:04] | Hi. | 嗨 |