时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:08] | 布莱斯私立学校 1964年 大约下午三点 | |
[00:15] | There he is, Niles. | 他在那儿 Niles |
[00:17] | That’s our Yorick. | 那就是我们的约里克 |
[00:20] | He’s perfect, Frasier. | 他太适合了 Frasier |
[00:24] | The missing link for our backyard production of Hamlet. | 后院版<哈姆雷特>中缺失的一环 |
[00:29] | Exactly what I was thinking. | 我正是这么想的 |
[00:31] | Now get up there. | 现在上去 |
[00:33] | – Why me? – Because I’m the director, that’s why. | – 为什么是我 – 因为我是总指挥 这就是为什么 |
[00:39] | Come on. | 上啊 |
[00:43] | Just get up there. | 快上去 |
[00:48] | – “Alas, poor Yorick, I knew him…” – Knock it off. Ow. | – “哎呀 可怜的约里克 我认识他” – 得了吧 嗷 |
[00:54] | – Are you okay? – No. | – 你没事吧 – 有事 |
[00:57] | You cracked my skull. | 你把我的头骨弄裂了 |
[01:03] | Yes, may I get a double latte, please? | 是的 请给我一杯双份拿铁 |
[01:04] | One shot decaf espresso, one shot of regular espresso, | 一份低咖浓缩咖啡 一份正常浓缩咖啡 |
[01:06] | streamed low-fat milk and some non-fat foam. | 低脂蒸奶和无脂奶泡 |
[01:09] | Sure. | 没问题 |
[01:15] | Well? | 怎么了 |
[01:17] | He didn’t even blink an eye. The man’s unflappable. | 他连眼睛都不眨一下 这人可真从容不迫 |
[01:20] | He’s amazing, isn’t he? | 他很惊人 对吧 |
[01:21] | He made me a Chai Spice Ristretto-Americano con Panna | 他给我做了杯香料芮斯崔朵美式康宝兰咖啡 |
[01:25] | as if people had been drinking them for centuries. | 熟练得就像有人已经喝了几个世纪 |
[01:28] | Truly, this is a golden age. | 是啊 现在可是黄金时代 |
[01:31] | Oh, did Dad tell you? Our old house is on the market. | 哦 爸爸告诉你了吗 我们的老房子在市场上出售了 |
[01:33] | No, but it doesn’t surprise me. | 没有 但我也不觉得奇怪 |
[01:35] | That whole area’s undergoing what they call a revitalization. | 那块地方正在经历所谓的”振兴” |
[01:38] | Of course, they’ll probably just tear it down | 当然 他们可能会把房子拆掉 |
[01:39] | and put up a Benetton. | 然后开家贝纳通服装店 |
[01:41] | Bath & Body Works or Sunglass Hut. | 美体小铺或者是太阳眼镜城 |
[01:45] | Actually, I sort of like Bath & Body Works. | 其实 我还挺喜欢美体小铺的 |
[01:47] | I do, too. | 我也是 |
[01:49] | I had this crazy thought, Frasier. | 我有个疯狂的想法 Frasier |
[01:52] | What if we bought the house? | 我们把那房子买下来怎么样 |
[01:54] | You mean as a rental property? | 你的意思是买下来再转租出去 |
[01:56] | Perhaps. Or as a guest maisonette for our out-of-town visitors. | 也可以 或者当成是为外地的客人准备的复式小宅 |
[02:00] | – Daphne’s mother, perhaps? – Oh, hadn’t thought of that. | – 像Daphne的妈妈这样的人 – 噢 我还没想到呢 |
[02:04] | That’s a good idea . | 真是个好主意 |
[02:06] | Buy her a house and she’ll never leave. | 给她买套房 这样她就永远不走了 |
[02:09] | You know, Niles, we could open it up to the general public. | 其实 Niles 我们也可以向公众开放 |
[02:13] | – That’s not a bad idea. A warm bed… – A freshly baked scone. | – 这主意不错 一张温暖的床 – 新鲜出炉的司康 |
[02:16] | – For a moderate fee. – It would pay for itself. | – 只要价钱合适 – 用租金还房贷 |
[02:19] | As B and B. | 民宿旅馆 |
[02:21] | If you two break into song, I’m leaving. | 只要你俩敢开唱 我立马就走 |
[02:25] | – Hello, every… – Roz, listen to this. | – 各位好 – Roz 听听这个 |
[02:28] | – I’m so sorry. – That’s all right. Have a seat. | – 抱歉 – 没关系 请坐 |
[02:30] | I just bought Alice a new hamster and it’s kept me up all night | 我刚给Alice买了只仓鼠 结果害得我彻夜难眠 |
[02:34] | It was running around on that squeaky, damn wheel. | 它一直在玩那该死的嘎吱作响的跑轮 |
[02:39] | Why don’t you get it a quieter wheel? | 为什么不买个声音轻点的轮子 |
[02:41] | – Or oil the squeak? – Or take the wheel out at night? | – 或者给轮子加点油 – 或者晚上把轮子拆了 |
[02:43] | Or put the cage in another room? | 或者把笼子放到别的房间去 |
[02:48] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[02:49] | Where were you all at 3 this morning | 今天凌晨三点 我试着把安眠药塞进胡萝卜的时候 |
[02:51] | when I was trying to shove a Sominex into a carrot? | 你们几个在哪儿呢 |
[02:55] | I used to have the same problem when I was raising show rats. | 我养秀场老鼠时 也碰到过同样的问题 |
[03:03] | You don’t mean the nasty, plague-propagating vermin, do you? | 你指的不是那些恶心的引起瘟疫的害鼠吧 |
[03:07] | No, I mean purebred rats, as in Siamese | 不 我指的是纯种老鼠 就像暹罗猫 |
[03:11] | or Himalayan or husky. | 喜马拉雅猫还有哈士奇那样的 |
[03:14] | My most prized one was an Andalusian Blue | 我最引以为傲的一只是安达卢西亚蓝鼠 |
[03:17] | named Lady Prissy and she wasn’t sick a day in her life. | 名叫Prissy夫人 而且她从没生过病 |
[03:20] | So don’t go blaming all rats | 所以不要因为有几匹害群之马 |
[03:22] | just because of a few bad apples. | 就把责任归咎到老鼠头上 |
[03:25] | A few bad apples? | 几匹害群之马 |
[03:27] | Daphne, they spread a disease | Daphne 它们传播的瘟疫 |
[03:28] | that nearly wiped out half of population of Europe. | 使得欧洲近一半的人丧命 |
[03:31] | Shows what you know. | 一看你知道的就不多 |
[03:33] | Those were common European brown rats. | 那些是普通欧洲棕鼠 |
[03:36] | – Yes, but the point… – Oh, no, no. | – 是的 但问题是 – 噢 不 不 |
[03:37] | I’ll sit here and listen to you prattle on about wine and opera | 我可以坐在这里听你侃侃而谈红酒和歌剧 |
[03:40] | but when it comes to rats, you’re in my house. | 但一讲到老鼠 你就是在班门弄斧了 |
[03:49] | Old man Lasskopf must have owned this place 50 years. | 老Lasskopf买下这个房子快五十年了 |
[03:52] | Wonder why he’s selling. | 真想知道为什么要卖掉 |
[03:53] | Probably because he can get 50 times what he paid. | 可能是因为现在的房价比以前翻了五十倍 |
[03:55] | Yeah, he sure knew how to squeeze a penny. | 是啊 他可真会精打细算 |
[03:57] | You know, he never gave me back my security deposit. | 你知道吗 我的押金他可从没退还给我 |
[04:00] | I might just bring that up. | 我可以顺带提一下 |
[04:02] | Oh, no, you won’t. | 噢 不 你不可以 |
[04:04] | Once we turn this into a B and B, | 一旦我们把这地方改造成民宿 |
[04:06] | you’ll make it all back in tips. | 那些钱就会化成小费回到口袋里 |
[04:08] | What the hell is that supposed to… | 这话是什么意思 |
[04:11] | Oh, Mr. Lasskopf, so good to see you again. | 噢 Lasskopf先生 很高兴再次见到你 |
[04:13] | It’s been a long time. | 好久不见 |
[04:14] | What has? | 什么时候见过 |
[04:17] | – We used to rent this house from you. – Yes. | – 我们以前从你这儿租过这房子 – 是 |
[04:19] | I’m Niles Crane. | 我是Niles Crane |
[04:19] | This is my brother Frasier and our dad. | 这是我哥哥Frasier 这是我们的爸爸 |
[04:22] | You remember? | 你还记得吗 |
[04:23] | Nope. | 不记得 |
[04:25] | Nope. | 不记得 |
[04:27] | You sort of look familiar. | 你看起来还挺眼熟 |
[04:29] | I should. Paid you rent for ten years, | 是啊 我付了你十年房租 |
[04:31] | left the place in perfect condition, | 走的时候房子完好无损 |
[04:32] | and you never gave me back my security deposit. | 而你却没把押金退回来 |
[04:36] | Nope, don’t remember you either. Come on in. | 不 不记得你这号人 进来吧 |
[04:40] | Go ahead, Dad. | 进去吧 爸爸 |
[04:41] | Oh, boy, this brings back memories. | 噢 孩子们 勾起了很多回忆啊 |
[04:46] | Oh, Niles, do you remember | 噢 Niles 你还记得 |
[04:48] | doing our homework here at the dining room table? | 在餐桌上做作业的日子吗 |
[04:50] | Oh, yes. | 噢 记得 |
[04:51] | Afternoon piano lessons. | 下午的钢琴课 |
[04:53] | Getting haircuts from your mother. | 你妈妈帮你们剪头发 |
[04:56] | And Mom’s roll-top desk on this wall over here. | 妈妈的拉盖书桌就靠在这面墙上 |
[04:59] | Where we wrote all the Crane Boys Mysteries. | 我们还在上面写下了 |
[05:03] | I can still see you pacing in your writer’s tweeds | 我现在依然记得你穿着作家式的粗呢衣服踱着步 |
[05:06] | and half glasses, dictating. | 带着半框眼镜口述的样子 |
[05:09] | And you in your shawl collar sweater, | 而你穿着翻领毛衣 |
[05:12] | hammering away at the keys of that old Royal typewriter. | 使劲敲击着老式皇家打字机的键盘 |
[05:15] | Oh, gosh. | 噢 天哪 |
[05:17] | When did those two crazy kids | 那两个疯孩子何时变成了 |
[05:18] | become such a pair of old fuddy-duddies? | 现在这一对唠唠叨叨的老顽固 |
[05:23] | Oh, Niles. | 噢 Niles |
[05:25] | Do you remember, here’s the window | 你还记得吗 就是这扇窗户 |
[05:26] | we used to sneak out of after curfew. | 宵禁以后我们就是从这里溜出去的 |
[05:27] | Really? You did? I never knew that. | 真的吗 我可不知道这个 |
[05:29] | Sure, Dad. We used to go out and chase the girls | 没错 爸爸 我们以前经常从这儿溜出去追女孩 |
[05:34] | and have a drink or two. | 再喝上一两杯 |
[05:38] | Well, boys will be boys. | 好吧 男孩子终究是男孩子 |
[05:40] | – Frasier. – Hmm? | – Frasier – 嗯 |
[05:45] | We didn’t chase girls. We went out to foreign films. | 我们没有追过女孩 我们都是出去看外国电影的 |
[05:49] | – Do you think Dad wants to hear that? Throw the guy a bone. – Hum. | – 你以为爸想听这个吗 说点他爱听的呗 – 嗯 |
[05:53] | So, what made you finally decide to sell? | 所以 是什么让你决定卖掉这房子的 |
[05:56] | Moving to the Cayman Islands. | 因为要搬到开曼群岛上住 |
[05:58] | That’ll be a change from Seattle. | 那地方和西雅图可不一样啊 |
[06:00] | Gee, you think? | 天 要你说 |
[06:04] | Hear they have great scuba diving down there. You scuba? | 听说那儿深潜不错 你深潜吗 |
[06:06] | Do I look like I scuba? | 我看起来像是深潜的人吗 |
[06:10] | I’m lucky I don’t need a tank to breathe on land. | 在陆地上不用呼吸机就不错了 |
[06:14] | Just looking for a change of scenery, huh? | 就是想换换环境啊 |
[06:16] | Looking to be left alone. | 就是想一个人呆着 |
[06:18] | I’m not what you call a real social type. | 我可不是所谓的”爱社交的人” |
[06:22] | You sure made friends with my security deposit. | 怪不得你能和我的押金做朋友 |
[06:26] | You know, Niles, you’re right. | 你知道吗 Niles 你说得对 |
[06:28] | It’s not big enough for a bed and breakfast. | 这地方不够大 没法当民宿 |
[06:30] | No, but it did give us a nice walk down memory lane. | 是不大 但是却让我们重温了美好的过去 |
[06:33] | Yes. | 是啊 |
[06:34] | Niles Niles? | |
[06:37] | Didn’t we stash a memory box underneath one of these floorboards | 我们是不是在某一块地板下藏了个记忆盒 |
[06:41] | right around here? | 就在这附近 |
[06:42] | What? I thought you took that with you when we moved. | 什么 我以为你在搬家时拿了 |
[06:44] | I thought you took it. | 我以为你拿了 |
[06:47] | – Do you suppose it’s still here? – Well, it must be. | – 那是不是还在这儿 – 是啊 肯定的 |
[06:49] | Mr Lasskopf, would you mind if my brother and I | Lasskopf先生 你介不介意我弟弟和我 |
[06:51] | had a look underneath one of the floorboards here? | 往你这里的某一块地板底下看一眼 |
[06:53] | You see, we left a sort of a time capsule underneath there. | 你听我说 我们在这里埋下了类似时间胶囊的东西 |
[06:56] | Oh, no, you don’t. Nobody’s pulling up any floor here. | 噢 不 不可以 从没有人撬起过这里的地板 |
[06:59] | No, we don’t need to. The board was loose. | 不 我们不需要撬 那块地板一直是松的 |
[07:01] | There’s no loose boards. | 这里没有松的地板 |
[07:03] | They’ve all been nailed down. I made sure of that. | 地板都是钉死的 这点我非常确定 |
[07:05] | Couldn’t we just check? | 那能不能让我们检查一下 |
[07:06] | Look, I came here to sell this place, | 听着 我是来卖房子的 |
[07:09] | not have it torn apart. | 不是拆房子的 |
[07:10] | So are you serious buyers or are we wasting our time here? | 你们是来买房子的还是来浪费大家时间的 |
[07:14] | Allowing us to reclaim a small part of our past | 让我们取回过去的一小部分记忆 |
[07:16] | is hardly a waste of time. | 不算是浪费时间吧 |
[07:18] | Well, it sounds like a load of tomfoolery to me. | 我听着像是在做傻事 |
[07:21] | – Let’s go. – Mr. Lasskopf, | – 走吧 – Lasskopf先生 |
[07:23] | I assure you my brother and I give tomfoolery no quarter. | 我向你保证我弟弟和我绝不是在做傻事 |
[07:26] | – We never have. – Oh, no? | – 我们从来没做过 – 噢 没有 |
[07:28] | What do you call sneaking out to drink and chase girls? | 那你们溜出去喝酒追女孩算什么 |
[07:32] | No, no, no, that wasn’t true. We went out to see foreign films. | 不 不 不 那不是真的 我们出去是看外国电影的 |
[07:36] | I knew it. | 我就知道 |
[07:39] | No, no, wait. | 不 不 等一下 |
[07:51] | There we go. | 进来了 |
[07:54] | Well done, Frasier. | 干的好 Frasier |
[07:56] | – You’ve still got it. – Thank you, Niles. | – 宝刀未老啊 – 谢谢 Niles |
[07:59] | It’s just like riding a bicycle. | 这事就和骑自行车一样 |
[08:01] | – Here we go. – All right, | – 开始吧 – 好的 |
[08:02] | let’s just find our memory box and get the hell out of here. | 一找到记忆盒就离开出这鬼地方 |
[08:05] | Now, I think it’s around here somewhere, hmm? | 我想就在这附近 |
[08:10] | It’s, uh… | 这是 呃 |
[08:15] | I’ve got it. I’ve got it. I’ve got it. | 找到了 找到了 找到了 |
[08:16] | It’s right there. This one, this one. | 就是这儿 这块 这块 |
[08:18] | Okay, okay. All right. | 好 好 好的 |
[08:21] | Let’s see if I can get this in here. | 看看我能不能把这个插进去 |
[08:22] | That’s it. There it is. | 就是这样 就在那儿 |
[08:23] | – Good. – Right. Oh, my gosh. | – 好的 – 没错 噢 我的天 |
[08:25] | Imagine that. | 想象一下 |
[08:26] | That’s it, that’s it. I’ll get that. Yes, good. Well done. | 就是这样 就是这样 我来吧 是的 很好 干得好 |
[08:30] | – Aha. – Well done, Frasier. | – 啊哈 – 干得好 Frasier |
[08:35] | Yeah, I think that’s as far as it’ll go. | 好 我想就是到这儿了 |
[08:37] | All right, reach your hand in there and see what you can find. | 好的 把手伸进去 看看你能摸到什么 |
[08:41] | I’m not going to put my hand down there. There could be rats. | 我才不要把手伸进去 可能会有老鼠 |
[08:44] | Maybe they’re just down-on-their-luck show rats. | 可能只是些倒霉的秀场老鼠 |
[08:50] | I know. What was that? | 我知道 秀场老鼠是什么 |
[08:54] | Don’t ask me. You’re marrying her. All right, I’ll do it. | 别问我 要娶她的人是你 好吧 我来 |
[08:57] | All right. Careful, careful. | 好的 当心 当心 |
[09:00] | All right, all right, I can see anything. | 好的 好的 我什么都看得见 |
[09:02] | Oh, no, it’s not there, is it? | 噢 不 不在那里 对吧 |
[09:05] | Well, I don’t know. Hang on a minute. | 呃 我不知道 等一下 |
[09:06] | – What? – Hang on. Wait, wait, wait. | – 什么 – 等一下 等着 等着 等着 |
[09:08] | – Yeah? – Wait. My God. My God. | – 嗯 – 等着 我的天 我的天 |
[09:10] | – Wait a minute. – Yeah. | – 等一下 – 嗯 |
[09:11] | There’s something. Hang on, hang on. Yeah, here it is. | 下面有东西 等一下 等一下 是的 就是这个 |
[09:19] | – Oh, my God, Niles, look! – Don’t give it to me! | – 噢 我的天 Niles 看啊 – 别给我 |
[09:23] | Is that real? | 是真的吗 |
[09:24] | It certainly feels real. | 摸起来像是真的 |
[09:26] | Well, what’s it doing under the floor? | 额 它在地板底下做什么 |
[09:28] | Well, how the hell should I know? | 额 我他妈怎么知道 |
[09:32] | I wonder who it could be. | 我想知道这是谁的骷髅头 |
[09:35] | Well, perhaps it’s a builder who got trapped during construction. | 呃 可能是施工时被困在底下的建筑工人的 |
[09:37] | Or… | 或者是 |
[09:40] | an exterminator who was overcome with fumes. | 被烟雾熏倒的灭虫者 |
[09:43] | Excellent hypotheses, Niles. | 假设得不错 Niles |
[09:44] | Unfortunately, neither is plausible. | 遗憾的是 两种假定都不太可信 |
[09:46] | – Why not? – Because, Niles, | – 为什么不可信 – 因为 Niles |
[09:47] | when you die your head doesn’t pop off like a champagne cork. | 人死了以后 脑袋是不会像香槟塞一样弹出来的 |
[09:53] | It remains attached to the spine. | 它还是会与脊柱相连 |
[09:56] | And look here, Niles. | 再看看这儿 Niles |
[09:57] | The temporal bone has been fractured… | 颞骨已经断裂 |
[10:03] | As if struck by a blunt object. | 像被钝器猛烈撞击过 |
[10:06] | So perhaps the poor fellow | 所以这个可怜人 |
[10:08] | met his end in some-some sort of violent accident. | 是死于某种暴力事故 |
[10:11] | Violent, yes. | 暴力 没错 |
[10:14] | But an accident? | 事故嘛 |
[10:22] | Murder. | 谋杀 |
[10:25] | Murder most foul. | <卑鄙的谋杀> |
[10:34] | Hey, Roz, Alice, come on in. | 嗨 Roz Alice 进来吧 |
[10:37] | Hey, Martin. Is Frasier home? | 嘿 Martin Frasier在家吗 |
[10:40] | No, he and Niles went out. Wine club or something. | 不 他和Niles出去了 去红酒俱乐部或者别地了 |
[10:42] | – Uh, will he be back soon? – Hard to say. | – 呃 他一会儿会回来吗 – 很难说 |
[10:45] | Is everything all right? You seem a little edgy. | 一切都好吧 你看起来有点紧张 |
[10:47] | – Can I talk to you in the kitchen? – Of course. | – 我能和你到厨房说句话吗 – 当然可以 |
[10:49] | Martin, can Alice watch TV with you for a second? | Martin Alice能和你一起看会儿电视吗 |
[10:52] | Oh, sure she can. | 噢 当然可以 |
[10:56] | What kind of TV do you like? | 你爱看什么节目 |
[10:57] | – Cartoons. – Oh, really? | – 卡通 – 噢 是吗 |
[10:59] | Your mom lets you watch that stuff? | 你妈妈允许你看那些玩意吗 |
[11:01] | The anvils and dynamite, | 又是铁砧 又是炸药 |
[11:04] | and people falling over cliffs and things? | 人从悬崖上掉下去等等 |
[11:07] | Great. Then you should be all over this hockey game. | 太好了 那你一定会喜欢看曲棍球赛的 |
[11:12] | So, what’s up? | 所以 出什么事了 |
[11:14] | Do you remember Alice’s hamster I told you about? | 你还记得我和你说过的Alice的仓鼠吗 |
[11:16] | – Yes. Still keeping you awake? – Not anymore. | – 记得 还是搞得你睡不着觉 – 再也不会了 |
[11:19] | The dog ate it. | 它被狗吃了 |
[11:22] | Well, half of it. | 呃 一半被狗吃了 |
[11:24] | Oh, no. Something like that happened when I was a girl. | 噢 不 我小时候也经历过这样的事 |
[11:28] | One of our cats got into one of my rat cages | 我们家的一只猫进了我的一只鼠笼 |
[11:30] | and took Little Lord Pinkbottom right out of show business. | 粉臀小主从此退出了演艺圈 |
[11:34] | Well, I don’t mind the hamster dying. | 好吧 我不在乎仓鼠是死是活 |
[11:37] | I just don’t know how to break it to Alice. | 我只是不知道该如何把这消息告诉Alice |
[11:39] | She’s never had anything die before. | 她没有接触过死亡 |
[11:42] | Well, how did your parents explain it to you? | 好吧 那你父母是怎么和你解释的 |
[11:44] | The wrong way. When I was 6, my canary died. | 错误的方式 在我六岁的时候 我的金丝雀死了 |
[11:50] | And that evening my dad sat on the bed next to me and said, | 当晚我爸爸坐在我床上给我说 |
[11:54] | “Dying is just going to sleep and never waking up.” | “死亡就是一觉睡去却再也醒不过来” |
[12:00] | Then he turned off the light and said good night. | 接着就关了灯道了声晚安 |
[12:04] | Well, I’m sure Dr. Crane will have some good advice | 好吧 我想Crane医生会就怎么处理这件事 |
[12:06] | on how to handle this. | 给你些好建议的 |
[12:07] | Yeah. I mean, I know we kid him and stuff but | 是啊 我知道我们经常开他玩笑 |
[12:11] | when it comes right down to it, | 但归根结底 |
[12:12] | he’s one of the smartest people I know. | 他是我认识的最聪明人之一 |
[12:14] | One thing is certain. | 有一件事是毋庸置疑的 |
[12:18] | Someone is very dead. | 某人真的死翘翘了 |
[12:24] | Well, Poirot, you’ve done it again. | 很好 波洛 你又破一案 |
[12:28] | Look, can we just put that thing down and call the police? | 听着 我们能不能把那玩意儿放下然后直接报警 |
[12:31] | No, no, no, hang on a minute, Niles. | 不 不 不 等一下 Niles |
[12:33] | I mean, this skull’s been underneath there for a long time now. | 这骷髅已经在地下埋了很长时间了 |
[12:36] | What’s another hour gonna hurt? | 再等一个小时又有什么关系 |
[12:38] | Niles, we’ve got a real Crane Boys Mystery here. | Niles 这可是真正的Crane兄弟谜案啊 |
[12:40] | Why don’t we see if we can dig up a few more clues? | 为什么不再等等 说不定能挖出些线索呢 |
[12:43] | – All right, fair enough, uh – Here. | – 好吧 说得对 呃 – 拿着 |
[12:47] | All right, so, what do we know? | 好的 我们知道些什么 |
[12:50] | We have a victim or part of one. | 我们有一名受害者 或者说受害者的一部分 |
[12:54] | Correct. | 没错 |
[12:55] | Can we establish motive? | 我们能确认动机吗 |
[12:57] | – Not without knowing who the victim is. – Correct. | – 得先明确被害人身份 – 没错 |
[13:00] | Can we establish opportunity? | 我们能确定犯罪时机吗 |
[13:02] | – Whose opportunity? – Whose indeed? | – 谁有条件下手 – 没错 谁有 |
[13:04] | It would have to be someone who’s had access | 必须是某个长年累月 |
[13:06] | to this house over the years. | 能进出这间屋子的人 |
[13:07] | We can rule out Mom and Dad. | 我们可以排除妈妈和爸爸 |
[13:09] | Of course. What would you and I be doing with a human skull? | 当然 还有我们俩要这个骷髅头有什么用呢 |
[13:12] | Oh, wait, Niles. | 噢 等一下 Niles |
[13:14] | Oh, dear God, we’re idiots. | 噢 天 我们真是白痴 |
[13:17] | Why are we idiots? | 我们怎么就成白痴了 |
[13:19] | Niles, use your brain. | Niles 动动你的脑子 |
[13:22] | Think back to elementary school. | 回想一下小学时光 |
[13:26] | I’m not following. | 我还不明白 |
[13:29] | Don’t you remember? | 你不记得了吗 |
[13:31] | That was about the time when… | 那时正好是 |
[13:34] | Mrs. Lasskopf disappeared. | Lasskopf太太失踪的时候 |
[13:39] | Oh, my God, you’re right. | 噢 我的天 你说得对 |
[13:41] | And, you know, they used to fight all the time. | 而且 那时候他们一直在吵架 |
[13:44] | Yes. And then suddenly she stopped coming around. | 没错 接着突然间她再没出现过 |
[13:46] | I… I always thought that was because they split up. | 我 我一直以为他们分开了 |
[13:49] | Did they? | 是吗 |
[13:51] | Or did he split her up? | 还是他把她给分开了 |
[13:56] | Cutting off her head and hands | 砍掉她的头和手 |
[13:59] | so that the body couldn’t be identified by dental records or fingerprints. | 这样尸体就没法通过牙科记录和指纹辨认出来 |
[14:02] | I don’t know, Frasier, that’s pretty out there. | 我不知道 Frasier 这听起来有点荒谬 |
[14:06] | Although… | 但是 |
[14:08] | It would explain why Lasskopf | 这就可以解释为什么Lasskopf |
[14:09] | didn’t want us poking around under the floor. | 不想让我们翻看地板了 |
[14:12] | Frasier, we have a victim and a suspect. | Frasier 我们有了被害人和嫌疑人 |
[14:15] | All right, not so fast, Niles. | 好吧 别那么快下结论 Niles |
[14:16] | Are you forgetting ltem 1 from | 你是不是忘了 |
[14:18] | Top Truths for Teen Sleuths, | |
[14:19] | A Crane Boys Mysteries Workbook? | 的首要准则 |
[14:22] | “A case is rarely elementary, | “再扑朔迷离的案子 |
[14:25] | – but always evidentiary.” – Yes, exactly. | – 都有据可循” – 是的 没错 |
[14:29] | The only evidence we have is the skull. | 但我们只有头盖骨这一个证据 |
[14:33] | Niles Niles… | |
[14:35] | Hand me those tools. | 把那些工具给我 |
[14:37] | Unless I miss my guess, this floor isn’t done talking. | 如果我没猜错 这些地板肯定不简单 |
[14:46] | Niles, you’ll never guess what I just found in the… | Niles 你肯定猜不到我刚刚找到了什么 |
[14:50] | Niles, where are you? | Niles 你在哪儿 |
[14:52] | I’m here. | 我在这儿 |
[14:56] | I found our memory box | 我找到了我们记忆盒 |
[14:57] | and I think this rock could be the murder weapon. | 而且我觉得凶器可能是这块石头 |
[15:03] | Why that rock instead of all the other rocks down there? | 下面那么多块石头 为什么偏偏是这块 |
[15:05] | It’s pointier. | 这块更尖 |
[15:08] | Drop the rock, Niles. | 放下石头 Niles. |
[15:09] | The garage has given up something far more interesting. | 我在车库里找到了更有意思的东西 |
[15:13] | Take a look at this. | 瞧瞧这个 |
[15:15] | Financial statements. | 财务报表 |
[15:19] | Well, it appears the Lasskopfs had quite a windfall. | 噢 看起来Lasskopfs收获了一笔意外之财 |
[15:24] | Yes, and it was just before the time they asked us to leave. | 是的 而且恰巧就在让我们搬家之前 |
[15:28] | I see, I see. So he killed her, | 我懂了 我懂了 所以他杀了她 |
[15:32] | collected the insurance money, and then evicted us | 拿到了保险金 然后驱逐了我们 |
[15:35] | so he’d have a safe place to dispose of the body. | 这样他就可以有个安全的地方处理掉尸体 |
[15:38] | Bravo, Niles. But, no. | 真棒 Niles 但并不是 |
[15:41] | Insurance is messy. | 保险理赔太麻烦 |
[15:42] | They require a body and a death certificate | 他们在理赔前都要查看尸体 |
[15:45] | before they’ll pay off. | 和死亡证明 |
[15:46] | And messier still, he would have had to kill her, | 更麻烦的是 他必须先杀死她 |
[15:48] | conceal her body, get rid of us, | 藏好尸体 甩掉我们 |
[15:50] | and then bring the body back here. | 然后再把尸体弄回来 |
[15:53] | If that’s not insurance, then… | 如果不是因为保险 |
[15:57] | – Inheritance. – Exactly! | – 遗产 – 没错 |
[15:59] | Her parents died and leave everything to her. | 她父母去世了并把遗产全部留给她 |
[16:02] | Which means that now the Lasskopfs want for nothing, | 这就意味着他家什么也不缺 |
[16:05] | but she’s the provider. | 但还是要妻子养家 |
[16:07] | And never misses an opportunity to remind him of it. | 而且她也不放过每一次提醒他的机会 |
[16:11] | – He’s emasculated. – Desperately. | – 他毫无势力 – 非常绝望 |
[16:16] | And so he hatches a plan. | 所以他想出了一个计划 |
[16:20] | “Darling, why don’t we evict the Cranes? | “亲爱的 我们为什么不赶走Crane一家 |
[16:26] | We don’t need their rent money anymore.” | 我们不再需要他们的租金了” |
[16:28] | “No, thanks to my family’s frugal nature | “是啊 多亏了我家勤俭节约的传统 |
[16:31] | and untimely death.” | 和不合时宜的死亡” |
[16:33] | And so out go the Cranes and the house is empty. | 接着Crane一家走了 房子空了 |
[16:38] | “Darling, | “亲爱的 |
[16:40] | why don’t we go and see in what condition | 为什么我们不去看看 |
[16:44] | the Cranes have left the house?” Hmm? | Crane一家把房子弄成什么样了” 嗯 |
[16:48] | “You go, you lazy parasite. I’m having my nails done.” | “你去吧 你这吃软饭的 我在做指甲呢” |
[16:54] | I mean, “Okay.” | 我是说 “行啊” |
[16:57] | So… | 接着 |
[16:59] | In they stroll. | 他们在这里转悠 |
[17:02] | He with murderous intent, | 他心怀鬼胎 |
[17:05] | she with nary an inkling of the tragedy about to befall her. | 她却对即将发生的悲剧毫无察觉 |
[17:11] | He pretends to inspect the house. | 他装成检查房屋的样子 |
[17:16] | “Darling… | “亲爱的 |
[17:18] | Why what’s this mark over here on the wall?” | 这墙上的印子是怎么回事” |
[17:21] | – “Where?” – “There. | – “哪儿” – “那儿 |
[17:23] | Look. | 看啊 |
[17:25] | Closer. | 近些 |
[17:28] | Closer.” | 再近些” |
[17:29] | And as she leans in, he does her in! | 她倾身向前 他痛下杀手 |
[17:32] | “No, Alfred, no!” Oh, that makes perfect sense. | “不 Alfred 不” 噢 这一切都说得通了 |
[17:36] | We have a victim. We have a motive. | 我们有被害人 有动机 |
[17:38] | And we have evidence for both. | 两者都有证据可以证明 |
[17:40] | If only we had a murder weapon to tie it together. | 最好能再找到凶器 把两者联系到一起 |
[17:42] | Niles, don’t you remember? | Niles 你不记得了吗 |
[17:43] | As in many a Crane Boys case, | 就像很多Crane兄弟案子里那样 |
[17:45] | the absence of a weapon does not mean the absence of a crime. | 没有凶器不代表没有凶案 |
[17:49] | Perhaps he pushed her down the stairs | 也许他把她推下了楼梯 |
[17:50] | as in |
正如那起<不愉快着陆案> |
[17:54] | I always thought the title gave it away. | 我一直觉得那标题太直白了 |
[17:57] | Hmm. Well, then we can rename it once we have them published. | 嗯 好吧 等到出版的时候我们可以重新命名 |
[18:00] | – You think that would ever happen? – Are you kidding? | – 你觉得真的可以出版 – 你逗我吗 |
[18:03] | Once this hits the papers. | 只要这事一见报 |
[18:12] | I’m just gonna go down and check on the laundry. | 我下楼去看看衣服洗的怎么样了 |
[18:14] | If Alice wakes up, keep an eye on her, will you? | 如果Alice醒了 看着她点儿 行吗 |
[18:16] | – What happened to Roz? – Alice’s hamster died | – Roz去哪儿了 – Alice的仓鼠死了 |
[18:18] | so Roz just nipped out to the store to get her a new one. | 所以Roz溜去宠物店给她再买一只 |
[18:21] | Sure. No problem. | 行 没问题 |
[18:28] | Where’s Mommy? | 妈妈呢 |
[18:30] | Oh, hi, hon. Your mom will be right back. | 噢 嘿 宝贝 你妈妈马上回来 |
[18:34] | Can we watch hockey? | 我们能看曲棍球赛吗 |
[18:36] | Uh, well, the game’s over, sweetheart. | 呃 比赛已经结束了 宝贝 |
[18:39] | Canadiens won, by the way, so you owe me ten bucks. | 顺便告诉你 加拿大队赢了 所以你欠我十块 |
[18:47] | I miss my hamster. | 我想我的仓鼠了 |
[18:50] | I know you do, sweetheart. | 我知道 宝贝 |
[18:53] | I’m sure he’s up in hamster heaven missing you too. | 我想他在仓鼠天堂里也很想你 |
[18:57] | What is hamster heaven? | 仓鼠天堂是什么 |
[19:00] | Well, that’s where hamsters go when they die. | 呃 就是仓鼠死后会去的地方 |
[19:02] | Mommy said he was lost. | 妈妈说他迷路了 |
[19:07] | Oh. Oh. Oh, no. | 噢 噢 噢 不 |
[19:09] | When will he come back? | 他什么时候回来 |
[19:11] | Oh, boy. | 噢 天呐 |
[19:13] | Well, when a hamster goes to hamster heaven, it can’t come back. | 好吧 一旦仓鼠上了仓鼠天堂 就不会再回来了 |
[19:18] | But that’s okay. | 但没关系 |
[19:19] | – Why? – Oh, because it’s great up there. | – 为什么 – 因为上面可棒了 |
[19:23] | They got exercise wheels on every corner. | 而且每个角落都有跑轮 |
[19:26] | And the streets are paved with… | 道路上铺满了 |
[19:30] | – What do hamsters eat? – Hamster food. | – 仓鼠吃什么 – 仓鼠饲料 |
[19:32] | Ah, well, that’s what the streets are paved with. | 啊 好 那就都铺满了这个 |
[19:35] | And there aren’t any cats to chase him. | 而且还没有猫追他们 |
[19:38] | – Does cats have a heaven too? – Oh, sure. | – 猫也有天堂吗 – 噢 当然 |
[19:41] | Yeah, same deal, except | 噢 一模一样 除了 |
[19:42] | no wheels and their streets are paved with fish. | 没有跑轮 路上铺满了鱼 |
[19:47] | – What about dogs? – Yeah, dogs, too. | – 那狗呢 – 是的 狗也有 |
[19:50] | Just about all animals have a heaven. | 每个动物都有天堂 |
[19:52] | Is Eddie going? | Eddie也会去吗 |
[19:54] | Oh, no, not… No, not Eddie. | 噢 不 不 Eddie不去 |
[19:57] | Not for a long time, anyway. | 他还早着呢 |
[19:59] | I mean, he’s really still just a puppy. | 我是说 他还是只小狗呢 |
[20:02] | How old is he? | 他几岁了 |
[20:03] | He’s about ten. | 差不多十岁 |
[20:05] | That’s not a puppy. | 那可不算小狗 |
[20:09] | Uh, hey, why don’t we see if there are any cartoons on TV? | 呃 嘿 我们不妨看看电视上有什么卡通片 |
[20:13] | – Look who’s here. – Hey, everybody. | – 看看谁来了 – 嘿 各位 |
[20:16] | Look, Alice. Look what Mommy found. | 看 Alice 看看妈妈找到什么了 |
[20:19] | A new hamster. | 一只新的仓鼠 |
[20:20] | New? | 新的 |
[20:22] | What makes you think he’s new? | 你为什么会觉得他是新的 |
[20:23] | Because animals don’t come back from heaven. | 因为动物上了天堂就不会回来了 |
[20:26] | – Right, Uncle Martin? – Right. | – 对吧 Martin叔叔 – 没错 |
[20:28] | We sort of had a little talk. | 我们就聊了一小会儿 |
[20:31] | – You what? – Well, look, I didn’t mean… | – 你干了什么 – 呃 听着 我不是 |
[20:33] | Having little talks with Alice is my territory, not yours. | 和Alice聊天是我的事 你可不行 |
[20:37] | Well, look, it was an accident. Like I said, I’m sorry. | 呃 听着 这是意外 我已经道过歉了 |
[20:40] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[20:41] | But death is a tough concept for a kid. | 但是死亡对孩子来说是个很难理解的概念 |
[20:43] | I don’t want her to be scared or confused. | 我不希望她被吓到或者被搞晕 |
[20:47] | I like this one better. | 我更喜欢这只 |
[20:50] | Well, I guess she’ll pull through. | 好吧 我猜她会挺过去的 |
[20:53] | – Thanks for handling it. – No problem. | – 谢谢你出面处理 – 不用谢 |
[20:56] | Come on, Alice. | 来吧 Alice |
[20:57] | Good night, Martin. | 晚安 Martin |
[20:59] | Good night, Roz. Good night, Alice. | 晚安 Roz 晚安 Alice |
[21:00] | Good night, Uncle Martin. Bye Eddie. | 晚安 Martin叔叔 再见 Eddie |
[21:07] | Here, boy. | 过来 孩子 |
[21:26] | Oh, my God. | 噢 我的天 |
[21:27] | My house. | 我的房子 |
[21:29] | What have you done to my house? | 你们对我的房子做了什么 |
[21:30] | Is this the man you told me about? | 这就是你和我说的那个人吗 |
[21:32] | Yes, it is, officer. | 是的 正是 警官 |
[21:34] | Well, what the hell’s going on? | 呃 发生什么事了 |
[21:36] | We dug up your wife. That’s what’s going on. | 我们挖出了你太太 就是这样 |
[21:40] | You dug up my wife? | 你们挖出了我太太 |
[21:43] | I’ll bet you thought nobody ever would, didn’t you? | 我赌你没想到有人会挖出来 对吧 |
[21:46] | No! | 没想到 |
[21:48] | Well, you didn’t count on the Crane boys. | 噢 那是因为你没指望Crane兄弟 |
[21:51] | But, how could you? | 但是 你们怎么挖出来的 |
[21:53] | Oh, a little luck and some simple deductive reasoning. | 噢 一点运气再加上简单的演绎推理 |
[21:57] | That’s enough questions out of you. | 你问得够多了 |
[21:58] | I think this officer here | 我想这位警官 |
[21:59] | has a few questions he’d like to ask you himself. | 有几个问题想要亲自问问你 |
[22:02] | That’s right, sir. Come this way, Mr. Lasskopf. | 没错 先生 这边请 Lasskopf先生 |
[22:05] | – Nice work, men. – Yeah. | – 干得好 – 没错 |
[22:08] | Well, Niles… | 好啊 Niles |
[22:10] | Another Crane Boys Mystery solved. | Crane兄弟再度侦破一大谜案 |
[22:14] | Wait till we tell Dad. | 等着告诉爸爸吧 |
[22:16] | Hey, wait, Niles. We almost forgot our memory box. | 嘿 等一下 Niles 我们忘拿记忆盒了 |
[22:21] | We never even looked inside here. | 我们还没看看里面呢 |
[22:26] | – Oh, Niles, look. – Oh. | – 噢 Niles 看啊 – 噢 |
[22:29] | This is the programme for our backyard production of Hamlet. | 这是我们后院版<哈姆雷特>的节目单 |
[22:34] | – I’d totally forgotten about that. – So had I. | – 我完全忘了这回事 – 我也是 |
[22:51] | You know, Niles… | 你知道 Niles |
[22:54] | We may owe Mr. Lasskopf an apology. | 也许我们得向Laskopf先生道歉 |
[23:02] | Let’s go. | 我们走 |