时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:19] | – Mr. Moon? – You again. | – Moon先生 – 又是你 |
[00:22] | Didn’t I toss you out of here last night? | 我昨晚不是把你扔出去了吗 |
[00:24] | Six times. But if you’ll just give me a minute to… | 扔了六次 但我还是希望你可以听我 |
[00:26] | Gentlemen, this lad has travelled all the way from America | 先生们 这小伙不远万里从美国奔到这里 |
[00:30] | to reunite me with my wife. | 就为了抓我和妻子重聚 |
[00:36] | Wait, wait, wait! | 等一下 等一下 等一下 |
[00:37] | You never gave me a chance to buy a round of drinks. | 我还没来得及请大家喝一轮酒 |
[00:44] | All right. The usual, Ray. | 好吧 照旧 Ray |
[00:47] | Starting talking. You got one pint. | 开始说吧 你有一品脱的时间 |
[00:50] | Mr. Moon, a great man once wrote | Moon先生 有位伟人曾经写道 |
[00:53] | that the opposite of love is not hate, but indifference. | 爱的反面并非憎恨 而是漠然 |
[00:58] | Done. Get out. | 喝完了 滚 |
[01:00] | Mr. Moon, Mr. Moon, your wife… | Moon先生 Moon先生 你的妻子 |
[01:01] | Your wife is miserable without you. | 她离开了你痛不欲生 |
[01:03] | I think you should give her another chance. | 我觉得你该再给她一次机会 |
[01:04] | After all, you were married 40 years. | 毕竟你们都结婚40年了 |
[01:06] | Forty years too long. | 40年前就该离了 |
[01:08] | Now, if you’ll excuse me, I’m late for work. | 借过失陪 我上班要迟到了 |
[01:13] | Hello. Aren’t you a pretty thing? Fancy a roll in the hay? | 你好 小美人呀 愿意钻草堆打个滚不 |
[01:19] | Nobody talks to my woman that way. | 没人能这样跟我的女人说话 |
[01:23] | Let’s go. | 我们走吧 |
[01:30] | Here’s a tenner, Harry. Hope I didn’t hurt you. | Harry这十块钱你拿着 希望我没伤到你 |
[01:31] | All in the line of duty. Good luck to you. | 都是我应该做的 祝你好运 |
[01:33] | – She’s a nice bit of skirt. – Ta. | – 她长得还不赖 – 谢啦 |
[01:38] | Same again, Ray. | 照旧再来杯 Ray |
[01:45] | What was that? | 刚才是怎么回事 |
[01:47] | My job. | 我的工作啊 |
[01:49] | I let lads give me a thumping to impress their dates. | 我让别人打我 给约会对象留个好印象 |
[01:52] | I tell you, it’s a cakewalk | 告诉你 和娶Gertrude相比 |
[01:53] | compared to being married to Gertrude. | 这活儿可太舒服了 |
[01:55] | At least when these lads hit me, they hold something back. | 至少他们打我的时候还有点分寸 |
[01:59] | You know, Mr. Moon, you wouldn’t recognise your wife. | Moon先生 你再见到妻子一定认不出她 |
[02:02] | – She’s mellowed. – You’re wasting your breath. | – 她变得成熟了 – 你在白费口舌 |
[02:04] | All right, forget about your wife for a minute. | 行吧 先别想你的妻子 |
[02:06] | Think about your daughter. She’s heartbroken. | 想想你的女儿 她也心碎了 |
[02:09] | – My Daphne? – Yes! Yes. | – 我的Daphne吗 – 是的 是的 |
[02:11] | This separation is tearing her apart. If… | 你们的分离让她伤心欲绝 要是 |
[02:14] | If you care about her, | 要是你真的在乎她 |
[02:15] | come back to Seattle with me and talk to your wife. | 就跟我回西雅图和你的妻子谈谈吧 |
[02:18] | If you don’t patch things up, | 哪怕你们无法重修旧好 |
[02:20] | at least your only daughter will know you cared enough to try. | 至少你唯一的女儿会知道你肯为她努力 |
[02:22] | Well, you know, I’d love to see my baby girl again. | 我很想再见见我的宝贝女儿 |
[02:26] | But I can’t afford to travel across the Atlantic whenever I please. | 但我哪有钱随时随地买越洋机票呢 |
[02:29] | Oh, I would pay for the ticket, of course. | 机票的钱当然是由我来出 |
[02:32] | I can’t have you buying me a first-class ticket to America. | 怎么能让你给我买头等舱机票去美国呢 |
[02:38] | – I insist. – All right. For Daphne. | – 一定要的 – 好吧 为了Daphne |
[02:41] | You know, you’re lucky you caught me on a light workweek. | 你很幸运 我这礼拜的活儿不多 |
[02:43] | Oh, here’s my 2:00 now. | 我两点钟的顾客来了 |
[02:48] | Hello. Aren’t you a pretty thing? | 你好 小美人呀 |
[02:57] | – You mind if I join you, Roz? – Oh, please. | – 我能坐这吗 Roz – 当然 |
[02:59] | You can help me kill some time. | 你能帮我打发点时间 |
[03:02] | Roger’s picking up his things from my apartment. | Roger在我家里收拾他的东西 |
[03:04] | – I don’t want to run into him. – Ah, afraid you’ll fight? | – 我可不想见到他 – 担心会再吵吗 |
[03:07] | Worse. I’m afraid we’ll end up in bed. | 何止 担心我们会上床再战 |
[03:10] | There’s something about him that is irresistible. | 他身上有种难以抵抗的魅力 |
[03:14] | – I understand. – Trust me, you don’t. | – 我懂 – 相信我 你不懂 |
[03:17] | Roger is the best lover I have ever been with. | Roger是我有生以来最棒的爱人 |
[03:23] | Oh, my God, what am I saying? You were great, too. | 瞧我这话说得 你也很棒啦 |
[03:28] | – Roz please, there’s no need to do this. – It’s just that I forgot. | – Roz拜托 你不用安抚我 – 我就是忘了嘛 |
[03:30] | Well, technically, it wasn’t really sex because it was you. | 其实我没把那次当成性经历 因为是和你 |
[03:32] | But whatever it was, it was great. | 但无论如何都是很棒的啦 |
[03:35] | Roz, please, there’s no need to discuss it. | Roz 求你 我们不用谈这个 |
[03:38] | – I was one satisfied customer. – Glad to hear it. | – 我可是很满意哦 – 谢你美言 |
[03:43] | Oh, here, let’s pretend that this comment card is about you. | 我们借用这张店里的反馈卡来点评一下你 |
[03:46] | Roz, please, there is no need to do that. | Roz 真的 我们不用搞这些 |
[03:47] | Oh, all right, if you insist. | 好吧 你坚持的话就搞吧 |
[03:49] | Just remember that it was late at night, | 但要记得那天很晚了 |
[03:51] | and I am really more of a morning person. | 而我比较擅长在早上表现 |
[03:55] | There you go. | 好啦 |
[03:58] | Let’s see. | 我们来看看 |
[04:02] | High marks for courtesy and neatness of appearance. | 礼仪和外形整洁度方面分数很高 |
[04:05] | That’s good. | 这很好 |
[04:07] | You were served in a prompt and timely manner. | 对你的服务热情又及时 |
[04:09] | Absolutely. | 必须的 |
[04:11] | Now, I see here that, um, you’re not planning a return visit. | 但是我看到你不打算再次光临 |
[04:15] | Well, only because we agreed. I mean, as you can see, | 因为我们说好了啊 不过你也看得到 |
[04:18] | I will highly recommend you to friends and family members. | 我会向家人朋友极力推荐你的 |
[04:23] | Well, that’s very kind of you, Roz. Thank you. | 你真是太好了 Roz 谢谢 |
[04:26] | Would you like me to fill one out for you? | 想让我也帮你填一张吗 |
[04:28] | No. I think you made your opinion clear | 不用了 我觉得你的想法 |
[04:30] | when you screamed, “Outstanding.” | 在你大喊”精彩绝伦”的时候就很清楚了 |
[04:39] | Well, thanks for a tour of your city, lads. | 谢谢你们带我城市观光 |
[04:41] | Now where’s your loo? | 你们的厕所在哪里 |
[04:43] | I need to splash my boots. Oh. | 我肯定得尿鞋上了 |
[04:47] | Just an expression. Or so I’ve chosen to believe. | 他就随口说说 也可能我是自我安慰 |
[04:54] | Niles, are you and Daphne planning on having children? | Niles 你和Daphne将来想要孩子吗 |
[04:58] | – Someday. Why? – No reason. | – 是的 怎么了 – 没什么 |
[05:04] | Now, all I have to do is stash Mr. Moon at my place, | 我现在只需要把Moon先生藏我那 |
[05:08] | pick up Daphne and her mom at the airport. | 然后去机场接Daphne和她妈妈 |
[05:11] | Then get them all together | 把他们聚到一起 |
[05:13] | and lay the groundwork for a reconciliation. | 为和解调停做准备 |
[05:17] | – Oh, hi, Dad. How was work? – Hi, guys. | – 你好 老爸 工作怎么样 – 你们好 |
[05:19] | Oh, great. I finally busted that guy | 好得很 我终于抓到了 |
[05:22] | who was writing “Seymour Butz” On the sign-out sheets. | 在签退表上签”Seymour Butz”的那个人 |
[05:27] | – So who was it? – Senior Vice-President Butz. | – 那是谁呢 – 高级副总裁Butz先生 |
[05:30] | I’m on probation for a week. | 我被罚查看一礼拜 |
[05:38] | Good God. You American police are persistent. | 天呐 你们美国警察真是坚持不懈 |
[05:41] | I suppose you’d be looking for this. | 我想你是在找这玩意 |
[05:44] | – A Space Needle snow globe? – You see, I meant to pay for it. | – 太空针塔的雪花球 – 我本来准备付钱的 |
[05:47] | I put it in my pocket, | 我把它放进了口袋 |
[05:49] | and somewhere between there and the register, | 但在进收银台前 |
[05:50] | I forgot about it. Why don’t you take it back? | 我就忘了 你拿回去吧 |
[05:53] | Mr. Moon, I think you’re mistaken. | Moon先生 你误会了 |
[05:54] | This is our father. He… He works as a security guard. | 这是我们的父亲 他是个保安 |
[05:57] | Yeah, Marty Crane. How do you do? | 是的 Marty Crane 你好 |
[05:59] | Oh, ha, ha. Harold Moon. | 哈哈 我是Harold Moon |
[06:01] | Oh, well, you did a terrific job bringing up your daughter. | 你把女儿教得很好 |
[06:04] | Oh, well, you know, you do your best. | 你也知道 尽力而为嘛 |
[06:07] | I’ll be needing that back then. | 那我要把这个拿回来 |
[06:11] | – Harry, let me get you a beer. – Oh, get a man a beer, | – Harry 我给你拿杯啤酒 – 授人以酒 |
[06:15] | he’ll drink for five minutes. | 他最多喝个五分钟 |
[06:17] | Teach him where they are, he drinks all day. | 授人以酒柜 他能喝上一天 |
[06:21] | Oh, uh, Dad, Dad, I need you to do me a favour. | 老爸 我需要你帮我个忙 |
[06:24] | Mr. Moon is a bit reluctant | Moon先生有点不愿意 |
[06:26] | about getting back together with his wife. | 和他的妻子重聚 |
[06:27] | Ha. Can you blame him? | 这能怪他吗 |
[06:30] | It occurs to me that there’s no woman so attractive | 我觉得吧 女人最有魅力的时刻 |
[06:33] | as the one that some other guy seems to be attracted to. | 是被其他男人爱慕追求的时候 |
[06:36] | – So… – No way. | – 所以 – 没门 |
[06:39] | It would mean a lot to Daphne. | 这对Daphne很重要 |
[06:40] | And… And it’ll get Mrs. Moon out of the country. | 还有 Moon太太会因此离开美国 |
[06:45] | Well, if it means a lot to Daphne. | 好吧 毕竟对Daphne意义深远 |
[06:48] | Well, she’s a hell of a woman, your Gertrude. | 你的Gertrude是个很棒的女人啊 |
[06:51] | I don’t blame you for coming over here to fight for her. | 也难怪你来这为她奋力一搏 |
[06:54] | Really? | 真的吗 |
[06:57] | – What’s so great about her? – Oh, well, you know, ha, ha. | – 她有什么好的 – 你懂的嘛 呵呵 |
[07:00] | I mean, uh, like I have to tell you. | 那个 还用我和你说吗 |
[07:04] | The whole package, heh. She’s got, uh… | 全身是宝啊 她有 |
[07:08] | …hair. | 头发 |
[07:10] | Skin, uh, et cetera. | 皮肤 等等等等 |
[07:13] | And she’s a good little drinker. | 而且酒量也很好 |
[07:15] | Dad, dad, dad. Why, just last week, | 老爸 老爸 明明上周的时候 |
[07:18] | you were commenting on her twinkly eyes and her sunny smile. | 你还赞美她的炯炯美目和盈盈微笑 |
[07:22] | Definitely. Yes, I was. Ha, ha. | 的确 我是赞赏了 |
[07:25] | Yeah, they sure don’t make women like that in America. | 美国女人完全没法比啊 |
[07:28] | Come on, boy. | 孩子跟上来 |
[07:30] | Wait a minute. I think I know what’s going on here. | 等一下 我知道是怎么回事了 |
[07:35] | The dog, the cane. | 又是狗又是拐杖的 |
[07:39] | He’s lost his vision, hasn’t he? | 他已经瞎了对吧 |
[07:48] | And then she drags me to another luau. | 然后她还拉我去另一个夏威夷烤猪宴 |
[07:51] | Where I come from, you bury a dead pig because it’s diseased, | 在我们那 埋死猪就是让它入土 |
[07:55] | not because you’re gonna dig it up and eat it. | 而不是为了挖出来再吃 |
[07:58] | Yes, well, Hawaii’s not for everyone. | 好吧 不是人人都喜欢夏威夷的 |
[08:01] | Things may be looking up. I have a surprise. | 接下来会好些 我准备了个惊喜 |
[08:05] | Oh, a surprise. | 还有惊喜呢 |
[08:07] | I hope not another trip, darling, | 我希望不是再来一趟旅行 亲爱的 |
[08:09] | or I might just have to kill you in your sleep. | 不然我会趁你睡着谋杀亲夫的 |
[08:11] | Niles, good news. Our feet are the same size. | Niles 好消息 我们俩的脚一样大 |
[08:15] | – Daddy. I knew you’d come! – Hello, Stilts. | – 爸爸 我就知道你会来 – 小高跷 |
[08:19] | Oh, give your old dad a kiss. | 给爸爸好好亲一个 |
[08:23] | Mum, look who’s here, all the way from England. | 妈 快看谁大老远从英国来了 |
[08:26] | Hello, Gert. | 你好 Gert |
[08:29] | “Hello, Gert”? That’s all you have to say for yourself? | “你好Gert” 你就这么敷衍吗 |
[08:33] | For 40 years I’ve been a good wife to you, | 我给你当了40年的好老婆 |
[08:36] | raising your children and boiling your meals, | 一边养育孩子一边准备三餐 |
[08:39] | and letting you work off your animal lusts, | 还任由你释放你的兽欲 |
[08:41] | and all I get for my trouble is a cheery, “Hello, Gert”? | 我含辛茹苦就换来你轻飘飘一句 “你好Gert” |
[08:45] | Well, your fatal charm is not gonna work this time. | 你那致命的魅力对我不起作用了 |
[08:48] | So you can drag your sorry ass | 所以你还是把你的蠢屁股 |
[08:49] | back to that barstool it normally sags over | 挪回和它如胶似漆的酒吧凳子上 |
[08:52] | and leave me the hell alone! | 让老娘一个人清静吧 |
[08:56] | Thank you, Niles, that was a nice surprise. | 谢谢Niles 确实是不错的惊喜 |
[09:01] | You’re right. She has mellowed. | 你说得对 她成熟了 |
[09:07] | See? And I’m… I’m sure if you just give her a little more time, | 可不是 我保证要是你再给点时间 |
[09:10] | – you’ll work everything out. – I gave it my best shot. | – 一切都会好的 – 我已经试过了 |
[09:13] | – I’m gonna go pack. – Daddy. | – 我去整理行李吧 – 爸爸 |
[09:17] | I don’t understand. | 我不明白 |
[09:19] | He came all this way and he’s just gonna give up? | 他大老远跑过来就这样放弃了 |
[09:21] | Well, actually, he didn’t even want to come. | 其实他不想来的 |
[09:25] | I sort of flew to England and persuaded him. | 是我飞到英国说服他的 |
[09:30] | – You what? – I wanted to surprise you. | – 你什么 – 我想给你个惊喜 |
[09:35] | How could you do this without talking to me first? | 你怎么可以不和我说一声就这么做 |
[09:38] | That would’ve ruined the surprise. | 那样就不叫惊喜了 |
[09:41] | Niles, I could have flown to England and talked to him too. | Niles 我也可以飞到英国说服他的 |
[09:44] | But I didn’t because I know my parents. | 但我没这么做 因为我了解我爸妈 |
[09:46] | When they fight, they need time apart to miss each other. | 他们吵架后需要分开一段时间才会彼此挂念 |
[09:49] | And you would have known that had you consulted me first. | 你要是先问过我的话你就会知道了 |
[09:53] | – I’m off. – Uh, Mr. Moon, Mr. Moon, wait. | – 我走啦 – Moon先生 等一下 |
[09:57] | Just… Just… Just stay one more day | 就再待多一天 |
[10:00] | and spend a little more time with your daughter. | 和你的女儿多相处一会儿 |
[10:01] | I’ll put you up in a hotel. | 我会把你安置在酒店里 |
[10:03] | I can’t let you buy me a suite in a five-star hotel. | 怎么能让你给我在五星级酒店开间套房呢 |
[10:18] | – I’m sorry I yelled at you last night. – No, no, I’m sorry. | – 很抱歉我昨晚对你吼了 – 我才抱歉 |
[10:21] | L… I was thinking about it. You were absolutely right. | 我在想 你是对的 |
[10:24] | Look… We are a team now, and bringing your dad back | 我们俩是一体的 所以请你爸来 |
[10:26] | should have been our joint decision. | 也应该是我们共同的决定 |
[10:28] | Thanks for understanding. | 谢谢你的理解 |
[10:30] | Anyway, what’s done is done. | 不过 木已成舟 |
[10:32] | Mum’s taken her claws out of the ceiling, | 妈妈发泄过怒火 |
[10:34] | and Dad’s headed back to England. | 爸爸也准备回英国了 |
[10:35] | Actually, I convinced him to stay another day. | 其实 我说服他再多留一天 |
[10:38] | I thought I should tell you since we’re a team. | 既然我们是一体的我想我该告诉你 |
[10:41] | – You what? – Well, I thought you’d wanna | – 你什么 – 我想你会想要 |
[10:43] | spend more time with him. Plus, | 和他再多待一些时间 还有 |
[10:45] | since they’re both in the same city, | 既然你父母共处同一座城市 |
[10:46] | we can get them together tonight. | 我们今晚可以安排他们相聚 |
[10:48] | Or not. | 不聚也行 |
[10:50] | We’re a team. | 我们俩是一体的嘛 |
[10:53] | It’s totally up to you. | 全部由你决定 |
[10:55] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[10:56] | Maybe we should let them work it out for themselves. | 也许我们该让他们自己解决矛盾 |
[10:59] | Yeah. Or, on the other hand, maybe our love will inspire them, | 是的 但也许我们的爱能感化他们 |
[11:02] | and come October, they’ll be dancing at our wedding. | 等到十月 他们和好在我们婚礼上相拥起舞 |
[11:06] | – That would be wonderful. – Oh, hi, guys. | – 那样自然很好 – 你们好 |
[11:08] | Hey, Frasier. Frasier, listen. Uh… | Frasier Frasier 听着 |
[11:11] | Daphne and I are taking her parents out to dinner tonight. | 今晚Daphne和我要带她父母出去吃饭 |
[11:13] | Can you get us a reservation at Chez Henri? | 你能在亨利餐厅帮我们定个位置吗 |
[11:15] | Oh, Chez Henri. | 哦 亨利餐厅啊 |
[11:17] | Niles, they’re booked up months in advance. | Niles 他们几个月前就被订满了 |
[11:18] | Well I know that I wouldn’t stand a chance of getting in, | 我知道我去订是绝对没戏的 |
[11:20] | but I was hoping if I cloaked myself | 但如果我能沾你这位大名人的光 |
[11:22] | – in the mantle of your greater renown… – You should know better than that. | – 以你的名义去 – 你应该很了解我的 |
[11:24] | Niles, I am not susceptible to flattery. | Niles 糖衣炮弹对我没有用 |
[11:27] | I know that. You’re the most grounded, down-to-earth person I know. | 我当然知道 你是我见过最脚踏实地 谦恭朴实的人了 |
[11:29] | Thank you. I’ll make a call. | 谢谢 我会帮你打电话的 |
[11:33] | – Hey, Daphne, Niles. Frasier. – Oh! Roz, Roz. | – 你好 Daphne Niles Frasier – 你好 Roz |
[11:36] | Uh, listen, I wanted to talk to you about this. | 听着 我想和你谈谈反馈卡的事 |
[11:40] | Oh, my God. You still have that? | 天呐 你还留着 |
[11:42] | Yes, well, I was glancing at it. | 是的 我之前随意一瞥 |
[11:47] | I couldn’t help but notice that the overall score you gave me, | 不禁注意到你给我的综合评分 |
[11:52] | out of a possible five cups of coffee, | 总分五杯咖啡的情况下 |
[11:56] | was a four. | 我得了四杯 |
[11:58] | – Yeah. That’s a good score. – It’s… It’s a fine score. | – 是的 分数很好啊 – 是 还可以 |
[12:01] | But it occurs to me that this presents an opportunity for me | 但我又想到这也是我提高自己技术 |
[12:04] | to learn something about my performance that might benefit me. | 学习进步的大好机会 |
[12:09] | So, what might I have done | 所以要是我想得那遥不可及的第五杯咖啡 |
[12:12] | to earn that elusive fifth cup? | 我还需要做些什么呢 |
[12:16] | Oh, I’m a tough grader. No one’s a five-cupper. | 我很给分严的 从没给过五杯咖啡 |
[12:20] | Nevertheless, there is a theoretical fifth cup out there. | 但无论怎样 理论上存在五杯咖啡 |
[12:26] | Now, I’m going to put ego aside. | 我会把我的自尊放在一边 |
[12:27] | This is strictly about self-improvement. | 这纯粹是为了自我提高 |
[12:30] | My commitment to sexcellence, if you will. | 和我对完美性爱的不懈追求 |
[12:36] | – You just lost a cup. – Oh, please, Roz. | – 吹毛求疵再扣一杯 – 拜托了 Roz |
[12:40] | All right. Um… | 好吧 |
[12:45] | You know that thing you did at the end? | 你知道你最后那招 |
[12:48] | – At the very end? – Just before. | – 最后的最后吗 – 那个之前 |
[12:51] | I know exactly what you mean. | 我知道了 |
[12:53] | I could have done without that. | 去掉那招吧 |
[12:57] | Really? | 真的 |
[12:58] | You didn’t like that? | 你不喜欢吗 |
[12:59] | Hm. Well, maybe that’s just your taste. | 可能是口味问题 |
[13:01] | No. | 不是 |
[13:04] | Because I’ve received high kudos for that in the past. | 我因此获得过不少赞赏啊 |
[13:06] | No, look, don’t take it personally. | 听着 别往心里去 |
[13:08] | It would have been impossible for either one of us | 那晚的我们要拿到完美的分数 |
[13:10] | to get a perfect score that night, given the circumstances. | 是不可能的 毕竟情况特殊 |
[13:13] | We were both tentative, more than a little vulnerable. | 我们都是试探性的 十分脆弱 |
[13:16] | – That’s true. – And it was tough to concentrate | – 的确 – 注意力也很难集中 |
[13:19] | with the TV blaring away in your dad’s bedroom. | 你爸屋里的电视机还那么响 |
[13:23] | I didn’t hear that. | 我没听到啊 |
[13:24] | Don’t you remember? Sting was on Letterman. | 不记得了吗 斯汀上了莱特曼秀 |
[13:31] | He was talking about the rain forest | 他当时在谈论雨林 |
[13:33] | and the plight of the Yanomama Indians. | 还有印第安亚诺玛米人的困境 |
[13:37] | It was really sad. | 很悲伤的 |
[13:38] | I mean, the whole Orinoco River Valley | 整个奥里诺科河流大峡谷 |
[13:40] | is being forested into extinction. | 即将在肆意增长的雨林影响下消失 |
[13:44] | Well, I’m glad my woefully inadequate performance | 我很高兴我那可悲又无能的床上表现 |
[13:50] | didn’t distract you from your ecology lesson. | 没有让你从生态环境课上分心 |
[13:54] | Did Sting happen to mention anything about you shaving your legs? | 斯汀有提到让你去刮腿毛的事吗 |
[13:59] | Because that’s a rain forest that could use some pruning. | 因为那片雨林确实该修整一下了 |
[14:02] | Frasier Frasier! | |
[14:03] | That is exactly why I didn’t want to do… Forget it. | 这就是为什么我不想 别想了 |
[14:06] | Forget it. | 别想了 |
[14:15] | – You know, you’re a very good kisser. – No, I’m not. | – 你接吻技术不错哟 – 哪有 |
[14:20] | – You are. I’m not. – Oh, yes, you are. | – 你倒是很棒 我没有 – 你就是有啊 |
[14:24] | – Do I need to fill out another card? – Oh, please. | – 要我再填一张吗 – 别闹 |
[14:28] | Would you? | 你愿意吗 |
[14:32] | We have some magnificent specials this evening. | 今晚的特色菜式堪称绝妙 |
[14:35] | Just so you know, Henri, | Henri我先讲好 |
[14:37] | I won’t eat frogs, snails, slugs or eels. | 我不吃青蛙 蜗牛 鼻涕虫或是鳗鱼 |
[14:40] | And don’t try slipping them under the sauce. | 也别想把他们埋在酱汁底下 |
[14:42] | I’m on to you people. | 你们这点小心机我清楚的很 |
[14:45] | I shall, uh, repeat this to the chef, | 我 那个 一定转告我们的大厨 |
[14:47] | and I’m sure some other delightful surprise | 我想会有其它精彩的附加物 |
[14:50] | will find its way onto your plate. | 出现在您的佳肴里 |
[14:54] | Isn’t this lovely? Candlelight, romantic music. | 这是不是很棒 烛光 浪漫的音乐 |
[14:58] | Ah. It must take you back to the days of your courtship. | 一定让你们想起了约会的时光 |
[15:02] | – Where did you two meet? – At a soccer riot. | – 你们在哪遇见的 – 一场足球暴乱 |
[15:05] | She stopped a Spanish bloke from smashing a chair over my head. | 她挡住了要往我头上砸椅子的西班牙人 |
[15:08] | He wasn’t Spanish, he was Portuguese. | 他不是西班牙人 是葡萄牙人 |
[15:11] | I believe he was Spanish. | 我肯定他是西班牙人 |
[15:13] | Well, I believe I know the difference | 我还肯定我能分辨得出 |
[15:14] | between a bloody Spaniard and a bloody Portuguese. | 天杀的西班牙人和地操的葡萄牙人呢 |
[15:17] | Oh, okay. Okay, moving on. Um… | 好的好的 继续 |
[15:21] | – Your first date? – She had me over for dinner. | – 第一次约会呢 – 她请我去她家吃晚饭 |
[15:24] | Oh, do you remember, I cooked you bubble and squeak. | 你记得吗 我做了炸马铃薯和洋白菜 |
[15:27] | And then we went out, got squiffy and half-starkers, | 然后我们出门 微醺 半裸 |
[15:31] | and snogged behind the chippy. | 在炸鱼薯条店后面亲热 |
[15:35] | You lost me after the word “Dinner,” | “晚饭”之后的英国话我都没听懂 |
[15:37] | But the language of love is universal. | 但爱的言语是互通的 |
[15:40] | Oh, listen, we had some good times back then, eh? | 我们当时过得挺开心的对吗 |
[15:43] | Oh, you should have seen her, Daphne. | 你真该看看当时的她 Daphne |
[15:46] | She was a real firecracker. | 不折不扣的小辣妹 |
[15:50] | Maybe we should go order some champagne. | 我们去点一瓶香槟吧 |
[15:52] | Actually I brought a very special bottle from home. | 我从家里带了一瓶很特别的 |
[15:54] | It’s in the car. | 就在车里 |
[15:54] | Um, you two, you just, uh, keep reminiscing. | 二位继续追忆似水年华 |
[15:57] | I’ll be right back. | 我马上回来 |
[16:03] | Hello, lovely dog. | 你好 可爱的小狗 |
[16:05] | – Hello. – Hello. | – 你好 – 你好 |
[16:18] | – Bastard. Take that back. – I will not. | – 混蛋 你把话收回去 – 我就不 |
[16:21] | – Mommy, Daddy, please. – What’s going on? | – 爸妈 拜托 – 怎么了 |
[16:23] | What happened to snogging behind the chippy? | 刚刚不还在炸鱼薯条店后面亲热吗 |
[16:27] | – Get out of my country. – I can’t leave soon enough. | – 滚出我的国家 – 我已经等不及了 |
[16:31] | – You’re Martin Crane’s problem now. – What? | – 你去烦Marty Crane吧 – 什么 |
[16:34] | Did you think I wouldn’t find out about your old fancy man? | 你以为我不会发现你那老相好吗 |
[16:37] | He says he can’t stop thinking about you. | 人家说一直惦记着你 |
[16:38] | That’s because he knows a good thing when he sees it. | 那是因为他能看到我的好 |
[16:41] | He can’t see anything! | 他什么也看不到 |
[16:44] | Take me home, Daphne. I’ve had enough of this horrid man. | 带我回去Daphne 我受够了这个臭男人 |
[16:47] | Oh, wait. Now that the lines of communication are open… | 等等 既然现在沟通的桥梁已经建成 |
[16:49] | Oh, leave it alone, Niles. Come on, Mum. | 省省吧Niles 走吧妈 |
[16:55] | No, Gertrude, I never said I had a thing for you. | 不 Gertrude 我从没说过我喜欢你 |
[16:59] | No, I’m not playing hard to get. | 我也没有在玩欲擒故纵 |
[17:03] | Yes, I guess if I was playing hard to get | 没错 要是我在玩欲擒故纵 |
[17:05] | I’d say that I wasn’t, but I’m not. | 我也会说我没有 但我真没有 |
[17:09] | Henri, you… You can’t ban me from your bistro. | Henri你 你不能禁止我去你家餐厅 |
[17:15] | It’s my chez away from chez. | 那就像我的另一个家 |
[17:18] | But… | 但 |
[17:21] | – Very well. Goodbye, Henri. – Goodbye, Gertrude. | – 好吧 再见 Henri – 再见 Gertrude |
[17:26] | Great. I cheated death in Korea for this. | 棒极了 我在朝鲜捡回条命最后落得这个下场 |
[17:33] | – Hello. – Hello. | – 你好 – 你好 |
[17:35] | – I see word travels fast. – Is Daphne here? | – 看来你们都知道了 – Daphne在吗 |
[17:38] | No, she’s not back from taking her mother home yet. | 不 她带她妈回家还没回来 |
[17:40] | Oh, well, I was hoping to see her before I left. | 好吧 我本来希望在走前能见她一面 |
[17:43] | – I guess I’ll leave her a note then. – Uh, Mr. Moon. | – 那我就留个信给她吧 – Moon先生 |
[17:46] | I’m sorry I dragged you all the way to America. | 很抱歉我一路把你拖到美国 |
[17:48] | Oh, it wasn’t all that bad. I got to see Daphne. | 其实也没那么糟 我见到了Daphne |
[17:52] | And that hotel was brilliant. | 酒店也是一流的 |
[17:54] | The towels were so fluffy, I could barely close my suitcase. | 那毛巾特蓬松 我都快合不上行李箱了 |
[18:02] | Niles, I’m sorry things didn’t work out. | Niles 很抱歉事情不如愿 |
[18:04] | Well, we can’t say you didn’t try. | 没人能说你没尽力 |
[18:08] | – Hello. – Hello. | – 你们好 – 你们好 |
[18:13] | Well, uh, Dad, uh, why don’t we go to your bedroom? | 老爸 不如我们去你卧室 |
[18:16] | I wanna show you how to use your closed captioning on the TV | 我想教你怎么开电视机上的字幕选项 |
[18:19] | so you don’t have to have it on so loud at night. | 这样夜里你就不用开这么响了 |
[18:21] | Yeah, sure. | 好的 |
[18:24] | Your dad’s here in your room. He’s just leaving you a note. | 你爸就在你房间里 给你留个信 |
[18:26] | How’s your mom? | 你妈怎么样了 |
[18:28] | Apparently there’s nothing left for her in England, | 显然英国没什么值得她留恋的了 |
[18:30] | so she’s thinking about putting down roots here. | 所以她在考虑在这里落地生根 |
[18:34] | Daphne, from the bottom of my heart… | Daphne 我是由心底的 |
[18:37] | Niles, it’s been a very trying day. | Niles 今天真是精疲力尽 |
[18:39] | Could we talk about this later? | 我们能晚点再谈吗 |
[18:41] | I’ll drive Daddy to the airport. | 我要带爸爸去机场 |
[18:43] | I’ll move his suitcase to your car. | 我帮你把行李搬到车上 |
[18:46] | There you are. Well, back to England then. | 你来啦 那么我回英国了 |
[18:50] | Yes. No chance of you and Mum getting back together? | 好 你和妈妈真的不会复合了吗 |
[18:53] | Don’t think so, love. Not this time. | 我想不会 孩子 这次不可能了 |
[18:56] | Maybe if you give it another chance. | 要是你愿意再试一次的话 |
[18:57] | Daphne, I’m sorry. It’s over. | Daphne 很抱歉 这结束了 |
[19:01] | Has been for a long time. I mean, I’ve got no complaints. | 很早以前就结束了 我毫无怨言 |
[19:05] | I got something wonderful out of it. You. | 我从中收获了美好的东西啊 就是你 |
[19:10] | Oh, Dad. If you didn’t love each other, | 爸 要是你们真的不爱对方 |
[19:14] | why did you stay together for 40 years? | 那为什么还坚持在一起整整40年 |
[19:16] | Through all the fighting and the screaming and the hitting? | 经历所有的对骂对吼和对打 |
[19:19] | That was for you kids. | 一切为了你们这些孩子 |
[19:23] | I can’t believe this is really happening. | 我真不敢相信这是真的 |
[19:25] | Maybe I’m naive, but I always thought love would save the day. | 也许是我天真 我相信爱能解决一切 |
[19:29] | Well, you know, we all think that when we’re young, | 年轻的时候我们都这样以为 |
[19:31] | but then life beats us around a bit | 但在生活的磋磨下 |
[19:33] | and you learn to dream a little smaller. | 人会学着把梦做得实际一点 |
[19:36] | So that’s how it goes. Two people get married, | 就这样 两个人结婚 |
[19:39] | they’re together 40 years, and then all of a sudden it just ends. | 共同经历40年 然后一切就会夏然而止 |
[19:43] | But it’s different for you. | 但你不一样 |
[19:44] | I mean, you’ve found the right person. | 你真的找对了人 |
[19:47] | – You barely know him. – Well, all I know is | – 你都不了解他 – 我只知道 |
[19:49] | I threw him out of my pub six times, | 我把他从酒吧丢出去六次 |
[19:51] | and six times he marched back in | 次次他都会再回来 |
[19:52] | and yammered my ear off until… | 在我耳边罗里吧嗦 |
[19:54] | Until I went back with him to America. | 直到我肯跟他回美国 |
[19:56] | All to make you happy. | 就为了让你开心 |
[19:58] | I never did anything like that for your mother. | 我从没为你妈做过这种事 |
[20:01] | No, no. I tell you, Daphne, you’ve got a right one there, | 不不 Daphne 你真的找对了人 |
[20:04] | A good one, you know. And another thing, he’s worth a bob or two. | 还是个好人 除此之外 他还很有钱 |
[20:09] | – Oh, Dad. – Ha, ha, sweetie. | – 哦 爸 – 哈哈 亲爱的 |
[20:16] | – I want to marry you. – I want to marry you. | – 我想嫁给你 – 我也想娶你 |
[20:19] | No, I want to marry you now. | 不 我想现在嫁给你 |
[20:22] | – As in now? – Yes. | – 你是说马上 – 是的 |
[20:24] | – Why? – Why? | – 为什么 – 为什么 |
[20:27] | Because you’d do anything, | 因为你愿意为我做任何事 |
[20:30] | even put up with my insane family, to make me happy. | 甚至忍受我疯狂的家人 只为哄我开心 |
[20:34] | Because you’d travel halfway around the world | 因为你愿意横跨半个星球 |
[20:36] | to make my dreams come true, even the impossible ones. | 只为帮我圆梦 无论梦有多天马行空 |
[20:40] | And because I can’t spend one more second | 因为我无法再多等一秒 |
[20:43] | without being your wife, Niles Crane, | 迫不及待想成为你的妻子 Niles Crane |
[20:46] | because I adore you. | 因为我深爱你 |
[20:50] | But I thought you always wanted a big wedding. | 但我一直以为你想要个盛大婚礼 |
[20:53] | You want to make my dreams come true? | 你想帮我实现我的梦想吗 |
[20:55] | This is my dream. | 这就是我的梦想 |