时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:08] | When the phone company says they will be at your door | 电话公司说会在九点到中午之间 |
[00:10] | between the hours of nine and noon, | 来你家的话 |
[00:12] | they have entered into a verbal contract. | 这就达成了口头契约 |
[00:15] | If they show up at 12:47, they are in breach of said contract. | 如果他们12点47才出现 就是违约 |
[00:18] | Again, I agree. | 我再表同意 |
[00:20] | Well, I just shouldn’t have waited for them, that’s all. | 我根本就不该等他们 |
[00:22] | Now my entire day is thrown off. | 现在我这一整天都给毁了 |
[00:24] | Still, I appreciate your taking the time to give me a lift. | 我还是很感激你载我一程 |
[00:28] | Yes, well… | 嗯 |
[00:29] | when you informed me you had to get to the promenade shops posthaste, | 你跟我说你十万火急要去商场 |
[00:31] | I assumed it was an actual emergency, | 我还以为真的是有急事 |
[00:35] | not to return a cage for some silly lovebirds. | 结果是去退什么相思鸟的笼子 |
[00:39] | It may not be on the order of a fallen pants cuff, | 这虽然不能和裤边坏了相提并论 |
[00:42] | but until I get back home with something more secure, | 但要是我再不带个更安全的笼子回家 |
[00:44] | little Daphne and Niles are living under a colander. | 小Daphne和小Niles就得一直住在漏勺里了 |
[00:48] | Dear God… | 老天 |
[00:50] | don’t tell me you actually named them after yourselves. | 你们不会真用自己名字给它们取名吧 |
[00:53] | Big mistake, I admit. | 我承认 大错特错 |
[00:55] | This morning when Daphne escaped, I just kept thinking, | 今早Daphne逃走的时候 我忍不住想 |
[00:57] | “What if she’s hurt, or lost, or eaten by a cat?” | “要是她受伤了 迷路了 被猫吃了怎么办” |
[01:01] | Or worse… | 甚至 |
[01:03] | “What if she meets a bird | “要是她遇到了一只 |
[01:05] | who’s more birdly than Niles but without the substance?” | 比Niles更鸟却没有内涵的鸟怎么办” |
[01:08] | Trust me. | 相信我 |
[01:10] | – No one is more birdly than Niles. – Thanks. | – 没有人比Niles更鸟 – 谢谢 |
[01:14] | What is with all this traffic? | 今天怎么这么多车 |
[01:17] | I tell you, don’t these people have jobs? | 我说 这些人都不工作的吗 |
[01:19] | Some of us have a radio show to do! | 这里有人还要去做电台节目呢 |
[01:22] | Relax, you’re not on for another hour and a half. | 放心 你的节目还有一个半小时呢 |
[01:24] | Well… that can’t be right. | 呃 不对吧 |
[01:28] | Oh, Dear God! My show’s on in fifteen minutes! | 老天 我的节目一刻钟后就要开始了 |
[01:32] | I had no idea it was so late. Uh… | 我都不知道这么晚了 呃 |
[01:34] | Hey-hey, you can just drop me out front. I-I’ll get a cab home. | 你到前头把我放下来好了 我打车回家 |
[01:36] | I’m afraid I’ll have to. Damn it! Dad did this. | 恐怕我不得不这样了 靠 肯定是老爸干的 |
[01:39] | I tell you, he gets in here, | 跟你说 他上了车 |
[01:40] | he wants to hear his favorite radio station, and starts… | 想听他最喜欢听的电台 就开始 |
[01:42] | pushing buttons like a lab rat on amphetamines! | 像吃了安非他命的白鼠一样到处乱按 |
[01:58] | Excuse me, we’ve changed our minds. We won’t be parking. | 抱歉 我们改主意了 不停车 |
[02:03] | Two dollars. | 两刀 |
[02:05] | No, you see, we just came in for a second and decided not to park. | 不是 我们刚进来 决定不停车了 |
[02:07] | Just check the time on the ticket. | 看一下票上的时间就知道了 |
[02:09] | It is two dollars for any portion of twenty minutes: | 20分钟内的任何时间都是两刀 |
[02:11] | one second, ten minutes, whatever. | 不管是1秒钟还是10分钟 |
[02:13] | Unless you go over, then it’s two more dollars. | 除非你超时 那就再加两刀 |
[02:18] | Forgive me, perhaps I’m not being clear. | 不好意思 也许我没说清楚 |
[02:21] | You see, I mistakenly pulled in here, | 你看 我不小心开了进来 |
[02:23] | decided not to park, and now I’d like to just get out. | 但我决定不停车 就想马上出去 |
[02:25] | Two dollars. | 两刀 |
[02:26] | – Um, I have two dollars. – Put that away! | – 呃 我有两刀 – 放回去 |
[02:30] | Sorry. Your mistake, you pay. That’s policy. | 抱歉 你自己犯的错 就得付钱 这是规矩 |
[02:32] | Oh, really? It just so happens that I have a few policies of my own, | 噢 是吗 正好我自己也有一套规矩 |
[02:36] | and one of them is that I do not pay good money for nothing! | 其中一条就是 我从不白白给钱 |
[02:40] | Well, not for nothing. But your car’s taking up space on the property. | 没有白给啊 你的车在这里占地儿了 |
[02:43] | That’s not parking! | 那不叫停车 |
[02:44] | – It looks parked to me. – But it’s been continually in motion! | – 我看就是停了 – 但车一直在动 |
[02:46] | – It’s stopped. – But it’s still running. | – 你这不是停下来了 – 但没熄火啊 |
[02:48] | It’s parked. Look, the fee is two dollars. | 就是停了 听着 两刀 |
[02:51] | – There’s nothing you can do. – Is that so? | – 你别无选择了 – 是吗 |
[02:54] | – Do you hear that? – Yes, and it makes sense to me. | – 你听到了吗 – 听到了 而且我觉得有道理 |
[02:59] | Fine. | 好 |
[03:02] | Have it your way. | 随你便 |
[03:08] | What are we doing, Frasier? | Frasier 这是要做啥 |
[03:10] | If I’m going to be paying for parking, | 要我付钱停车 |
[03:12] | we are going to get our twenty minutes’ worth. | 我们就得把这20分钟用足 |
[03:15] | Then he may have my two dollars. | 然后我再付他两刀 |
[03:25] | OK, what we need now… | 好 现在我们要找 |
[03:27] | …is a side piece with some ear and a little bit of sky. | 一块边上的拼图 上面有一部分耳朵还有天空 |
[03:34] | Ear with sky… | 耳朵还有天空 |
[03:37] | ear with sky… | 耳朵还有天空 |
[03:38] | Well, this is it. | 好了 |
[03:40] | Sorry it’s taken me so long to pick up the last of my things. | 抱歉我整理剩下的这些东西弄了这么久 |
[03:43] | Oh, no problem. | 没关系 |
[03:45] | Frasier’s not having the carpet people here til Friday. | Farsier这周五才叫地毯公司的人过来 |
[03:47] | Oh, really? When it was my room, | 是嘛 当我还住在那房间的时候 |
[03:50] | he said the carpet’s good for another twenty years. | 他说地毯还能用20年 |
[03:51] | Yeah, well, now it’s going to be a reading sanctuary. | 哈 现在那要变成阅读神殿了 |
[03:55] | He’s turning my room into a library? | 他要把我房间改成图书馆 |
[03:57] | No, he made it very clear it was a “reading sanctuary”. | 不 他很清楚地说要改成”阅读神殿” |
[04:01] | A library implies sharing. | 图书馆意味着还要分享 |
[04:05] | I think there are some pieces missing from this one. | 这里好像少了几片啊 |
[04:08] | You always say that, keep looking. | 你老这么说 再找找 |
[04:10] | Why do I even do this stupid thing? Some puzzle! | 我为啥要干这种蠢事 什么鬼拼图 |
[04:12] | There’s a picture of what’s it’s going to look like right on the box! | 盒子上就有一张会拼成什么样的图片 |
[04:15] | You always say that, too. | 你也老这么说 |
[04:20] | – What’s wrong, Eddie? – Come, boy! | – 怎么了 Eddie – 过来 孩子 |
[04:23] | He must know you’re moving. | 他肯定知道你要搬走了 |
[04:24] | He gets this way whenever I bring out my suitcase. | 我每次拿出旅行箱他都这样 |
[04:27] | He knows I’m going away and he starts raising hell. Boy, come! | 知道我要出远门他就开始闹腾 孩子 过来 |
[04:32] | Yeah, that’s what it looks like. | 没错 就是这么闹腾 |
[04:34] | Well, there’s nothing to get upset about. | 哎呀 没什么好伤心的 |
[04:36] | I’ll be here every day for your physical therapy. | 我每天都会过来帮你物理治疗的啊 |
[04:38] | You hear that, boy? | 听到了吧 孩子 |
[04:39] | She’ll be here every day to torture your master. | 她每天都会过来折磨你的主人 |
[04:46] | What should I do? | 我该怎么办 |
[04:48] | Maybe it’d distract him if you made me lunch. | 也许你给我做午餐能让他分心 |
[04:57] | Hold it, man! | 先等等 伙计 |
[05:00] | Dumbass! | 蠢货 |
[05:03] | Other motorists are getting angry. | 其他车主都要发火了 |
[05:05] | If they weren’t so shortsighted, | 如果他们不是这么目光短浅的话 |
[05:06] | they’d see that I’m doing this for their own good. | 他们会明白我完全是在替他们着想 |
[05:08] | It’s like correcting people’s grammar. | 就像纠正别人的语法 |
[05:10] | I don’t do it to be popular. | 我又不是为了出名 |
[05:12] | And I support that, but in this case I strongly feel we should pay the money | 我支持你 但我真的觉得 |
[05:16] | and get out of here before there’s violence. | 我们该在暴力发生前交钱走人 |
[05:18] | Niles, they can get around us if they want to. | Niles 他们完全可以绕开我们出去 |
[05:20] | So what, it takes them an extra two seconds! | 怎么了 就占了他们几秒钟时间 |
[05:22] | It’s a small price to pay for making this a better world. | 这只是让世界更美好的小小代价 |
[05:25] | OK, but we’re also inconveniencing ourselves. | 好 但我们也在给自己制造麻烦啊 |
[05:27] | Niles, you’ll get home to your… | Niles 你很快就能回家 |
[05:28] | stupid, filthy birds soon enough! | 看你那对蠢鸟了 |
[05:31] | I meant that your radio show is about to start… | 我只是想说你的节目快开始了 |
[05:36] | …dumbass. | 蠢货 |
[05:40] | Right. | 噢 |
[05:42] | – Where the hell’s the doc? – He still isn’t here. | – 医生到哪儿去了 – 他还没来 |
[05:44] | It’s almost showtime! | 节目马上就要开始了啊 |
[05:46] | I swear to God, nobody here has any discipline! | 我的天啊 这里怎么没人守规矩的 |
[05:49] | I’m starting to think, I’ve been too loose with the leash! | 我都在想 我是不是管得太松了 |
[05:52] | I mean… gee whiz, I try to make everyone happy, | 我是说 我想让大家都快乐 |
[05:55] | and all it gets me is a twisted gut. | 结果却绞伤我的心 |
[05:58] | Well, no more! | 够了 |
[06:00] | This Saturday, we’re gonna have a staff meeting, | 这周六我们开个员工大会 |
[06:02] | we’re gonna hash out some rules! | 来讲讲规矩 |
[06:04] | – I’m busy Saturday! – Well, it’s not mandatory. | – 我周六没空 – 噢 不是强制的啦 |
[06:10] | Roz Doyle. Frasier! Where are you? | 我是Roz Doyle Frasier 你在哪儿 |
[06:15] | What? | 什么 |
[06:16] | He’s at some mall. He’s still got ten minutes of parking left. | 他在什么商场里 还有10分钟停车时间 |
[06:20] | You know, you don’t have to use the full twenty minutes. | 你不用等满20分钟的啊 |
[06:24] | He knows that. | 他知道 |
[06:26] | What are you doing? | 那你在干嘛 |
[06:30] | What?! You lost me after “Gandhi”. | 什么 你说完”甘地”我就听不懂了 |
[06:34] | Just stall. | 帮我拖时间就行 |
[06:37] | I don’t know, read some fan mail if you have to. | 随便啊 读点粉丝来信也可以啊 |
[06:41] | There must be! | 肯定有 |
[06:43] | Check in my Inbox! Oh, never mind! | 查查我的收件箱 算了 |
[06:47] | I’ll be there when I get there, and when I do, | 我会到的 而且等我到的时候 |
[06:50] | I will have a little speech for my listeners about The Power of One! | 我要给我的听众们讲讲自强的力量 |
[06:55] | Sounds like everybody’s a winner today. | 今天好像每个人都是赢家嘛 |
[06:59] | Are you being snide? Because that’s not helpling. | 你在嘲讽我吗 没用的 |
[07:03] | Well, I’ll just go and return my birdcage. | 好吧 我去还鸟笼了 |
[07:05] | Niles! You close that door! | Niles 关门 |
[07:08] | You can’t desert me in the middle of a fight! | 你不能抛弃我 留我一个人战斗 |
[07:10] | – I’m not deserting you. – It would appear to others that you are, | – 我没有抛弃你 – 别人会这么想的 |
[07:13] | thereby weakening my position. Please, you must stay. | 然后会减弱我的气势 拜托 留下来 |
[07:21] | What the hell is going on here? | 这到底是怎么回事 |
[07:22] | I’m glad you asked me that question. | 很高兴你问了这个问题 |
[07:24] | I am making a stand against this garage that holds me, my passenger, | 我在坚决抵抗这家为了一笔我不该给的停车费 |
[07:28] | and my automobile hostage for a parking fee which I do not owe. | 而把我和我的同伴还有汽车扣押的停车场 |
[07:32] | He don’t want to pay two dollars. | 他不想付两刀 |
[07:34] | Look, I already told you, it’s not about the money. | 我跟你说了 这不是钱的问题 |
[07:37] | In fact, to prove it’s not about the money, | 这样 为了证明这不是钱的问题 |
[07:38] | I will donate two dollars to the charity of your choice. | 我愿意捐赠两刀给你任选的慈善机构 |
[07:42] | Only rich people have time for this kind of crap! | 只有有钱人才有时间搞这种乱七八糟的事 |
[07:44] | Just pay the two bucks, Mr. BMW ! | 快付两块走人 宝马男 |
[07:47] | My income, and the style of car which I drive, are irrelevant! | 我的收入 还有我车的品牌 跟这事无关 |
[07:51] | Isn’t that so, Niles? | 对不对 Niles |
[07:52] | Yes, I drive a Mercedes, and I would have paid ten minutes ago. | 对 我开奔驰 我10分钟前就会付钱走人 |
[07:57] | I told my boss I have a non-pay. | 我跟老板说来了个不给钱的 |
[07:59] | Oh! You see, Niles, this happens so often, | 噢 你看 Niles 这种事常发生 |
[08:01] | – they actually have a name for us. – More than one, I bet. | – 他们还有个专用名称呢 – 我赌不止一个名吧 |
[08:04] | Just sign the form that says, “Unable to pay”, and send us a check. | 在这表上签”无法支付” 给我们寄支票就好 |
[08:09] | I’m certainly not going to send you a check. | 我肯定不会给你寄支票的 |
[08:12] | Look, most people don’t, | 大多数人也不寄的 |
[08:13] | just sign the form so I can get this gate open. | 快签了这张表 我好开门 |
[08:16] | Oh, Frasier, it’s an out! You should take it. | Frasier 可以走了 快签 |
[08:18] | Niles, I refuse to sign anything that says I am unable to pay! | Niles 我拒绝签任何东西说我无法支付 |
[08:21] | It’s untrue! | 那不是真相 |
[08:22] | Look, I really don’t care, Jack, | 听着 真不真相我不管 陌生人 |
[08:24] | I just got to get this lane re-opened. | 我只想让这条通道重新畅通 |
[08:25] | Now it’s either two dollars or the form, so I can put it in my drawer. | 要么两刀要么签好这张表 我好放在抽屉里 |
[08:29] | You know my terms: | 你知道的 |
[08:30] | you will receive your money when the twenty minutes is up. | 20分钟一到 你就能拿到钱 |
[08:32] | – Fine. Then I’ll put in my own money! – No, no, you can’t do that! | – 好 那我放我自己的钱进去 – 不 你不能这么做 |
[08:36] | It’s too late! It’s on me. Go ahead, Mr. Beemer! | 太晚了 我说了算 走吧 宝马男 |
[08:39] | Don’t you call me that! | 你敢这么叫我 |
[08:40] | You put that down right now! We’re not going anywhere! | 你给我把那放下 我们哪儿也不去 |
[08:42] | AAAAHHHH!!! I can’t do this anymore, Frasier! | 啊啊啊啊啊 我受不了了 Frasier |
[08:49] | Excuse me. | 抱歉 |
[08:54] | – What are you talking about? – Do you really want justice? | – 你在说什么 – 你真的想要公平吗 |
[08:57] | Or is this just an outlet for your bad mood? | 还是说这只是你发泄不满的渠道 |
[09:00] | Oh fine, just go! And bravo for staying on a whole ten minutes! | 好 你走吧 恭喜你待满了10分钟 |
[09:05] | Goodbye! | 再见 |
[09:11] | I don’t blame you for bailing on that idiot. | 放弃这个傻蛋不是你的错 |
[09:14] | He’s not an idiot. He’s just… passionate. | 他不是傻蛋 他只是过激了 |
[09:17] | I think he’s an idiot. Suit yourself, idiot. | 他就是个傻蛋 随你便 傻蛋 |
[09:25] | That idiot happens to be my brother. | 这个傻蛋正好是我的哥哥 |
[09:55] | Don’t these people realize I’m on their side? | 这些人没发现我是在帮他们吗 |
[09:58] | I don’t think they care, so long as you’re in their lane. | 他们不关心这个 只要你还挡着他们 |
[10:02] | I’m doing this for all of you! Don’t you understand? | 我是为了你们所有人好 你们不明白吗 |
[10:05] | No, no, come out here and explain it to us! | 不 你过来这里跟我们解释 |
[10:08] | Don’t even think about it, Frasier. That man wants to hit you. | 别去 Frasier 那男的想打你 |
[10:11] | I’m not afraid. | 我不害怕 |
[10:22] | People, please! | 大家醒醒吧 |
[10:25] | I am not the enemy! I am your champion! | 我不是敌人 我是你们的战士 |
[10:28] | – Well, we got places to be, so move yo’ ass! – Yeah, move it! | – 我们还要去别的地方 快滚 – 对 快滚 |
[10:31] | But I’m doing this for all of us! | 但我是为了我们所有人啊 |
[10:33] | If you want to do something for me, get out of the way! | 你要想为我做什么的话 滚开就行了 |
[10:35] | You save the protest for your own driveway! | 去你自己家的车道上抗议吧 |
[10:38] | If you could only see things from my point of view, | 如果你们从我的角度看这件事 |
[10:40] | then I’m sure you’d agree with me! | 你们肯定会赞同我的 |
[10:41] | You see, I pulled into this garage, | 我开进这停车场 |
[10:42] | decided not to park, and now I want to leave, | 决定不停了 我想离开 |
[10:45] | but they still insist on collecting two dollars! Is that fair? | 但他们还是要收两刀 这公平吗 |
[10:49] | Has a service been provided? | 我有被服务到吗 |
[10:51] | Even if it’s a rip-off, it’s better than causing a big stink! | 即使这是敲诈 也比制造麻烦好啊 |
[10:54] | Ah! But is it? I say no! I say we’ve been trod upon long enough | 啊 是嘛 我不同意 我们已经被那些 |
[10:58] | by people who are supposed to be providing our services! | 理应提供服务给我们的人践踏太久了 |
[11:01] | By the postmen who mix up our deliveries! | 被乱投信箱的邮差 |
[11:03] | By the telephone repairmen | 被发誓9点后中午前 |
[11:04] | who swear to be there between nine and noon, | 一定上门服务电话修理工 |
[11:06] | and yet arrive at 12:47, | 却12点47分才到 |
[11:09] | when you’re wearing nothing but a towel and a hatful of shampoo! | 那时你赤身裸体 只有一条浴巾跟一头泡沫 |
[11:14] | Well, ENOUGH! | 我受够了 |
[11:16] | I invoke my right to peaceful protest! | 我使用我和平抗议的权利 |
[11:20] | Civil disobedience is a cornerstone of this country, | 公民不服从是这个国家的基石 |
[11:24] | for it is how the common man is heard! | 这样老百姓的声音才能被听到 |
[11:27] | – Can you tow it? – Not with them in it. | – 你能拖走吗 – 他们还在里面就不行 |
[11:33] | Well, that’s just tough luck! Because we ain’t budging. | 那真是不走运啊 因为我们不会妥协的 |
[11:38] | You’ll have to call the police. | 你得叫警察了 |
[11:39] | – Good idea! – It’s about time! | – 好主意 – 是时候了 |
[11:41] | GO AHEAD! | 随你们便 |
[11:50] | I think I made a mistake. | 我觉得我好像做错了 |
[11:54] | – Maybe it’s time to back down. – I’m not sure that I can. | – 也许是时候该让步了 – 我不确定 |
[11:57] | I am right, after all. My principles are holding me captive. | 毕竟我是对的啊 我的原则贯彻始终 |
[12:01] | Your principles may have started this, | 也许是你的原则起的头 |
[12:03] | but it’s your rigidity that’s kept it going. | 但是你的死板把这事继续下去的 |
[12:05] | My rigidity? The rigid ones are the ones who operate this garage, | 我死板 死板的是给这停车场 |
[12:08] | and enforce such inflexible policies. | 制定实施这么不变通规则的人好吗 |
[12:10] | You’ve been given more than one opportunity to leave without paying! | 你已经有不止一次机会可以不付钱走人了 |
[12:14] | Yes, but that’s not the point! They have to know why I won’t pay. | 但那不是重点 我要让他们知道为什么我不付钱 |
[12:17] | Which you could explain in a letter! But no, you won’t be satisfied | 你可以写信说啊 但你不干 你非要每个人 |
[12:20] | until everyone either agrees with you, or has suffered for failing to! | 要么支持你 要么因反对你而备受煎熬你才满意 |
[12:27] | – Do you really think so? – I do. | – 你真的这么觉得 – 真的 |
[12:31] | Well… that’s quite an indictment. | 呃 好一段醍醐灌顶 |
[12:37] | I never really thought of myself as uncompromising. | 我都不知道自己这么不愿妥协 |
[12:39] | Well, not in a bad way. | 当然 不是贬义的那种 |
[12:44] | I’m not sure I like this side of myself. | 我也不喜欢这样的自己 |
[12:47] | Well, you can still change course. | 你还有机会改呀 |
[12:50] | If you can leave here without getting your full twenty minutes’ worth, | 如果你能不停满20分钟就离开这里的话 |
[12:53] | you’ll be the bigger person for it. | 你就是大度的那个人 |
[12:55] | Yes, but then these taunting motorists | 但这些叫骂的车主不会知道 |
[12:56] | won’t know that I’m being the bigger person. | 我是大度才做出了让步 |
[12:58] | They’ll think they’ve gotten the better of me, | 他们只会以为打败了我 |
[13:00] | or that I’m afraid to be arrested. | 或者我怕被捕 |
[13:02] | The bigger person doesn’t worry about what other people think. | 大度的人不会在意别人想什么 |
[13:04] | Damn! | 靠 |
[13:06] | I DO want to be the bigger person. It’s just so hard! | 我真的想做大度的人 但真的好难 |
[13:11] | You know, we wouldn’t be in this mess | 要不是你 还有你那破鸟笼 |
[13:13] | if it weren’t for you and that ridiculous birdcage! | 我们都不会有这破事了 |
[13:16] | Oh, come on, I can only change one character flaw at a time! | 拜托 我一次只能改正一个性格缺陷 |
[13:23] | You were right about distracting him. He seems fine now. | 你说得对 拿东西让他分心 他看起来没事了 |
[13:26] | As soon as you head for that door again, he’s gonna have a fit. | 只要你再走到门那儿 他肯定又会发脾气 |
[13:29] | Let me get you some dog treats to give him. | 我给你再拿点狗零食给他 |
[13:40] | I don’t understand. I may sleep across town, | 我不明白 我会到城市那头去住 |
[13:43] | but I still see him all the time. | 但我还是会一直来看他呀 |
[13:45] | Well, you got to look at it from Eddie’s point of view. | 你得从Eddie的角度看 |
[13:48] | This person who’s meant so much to him | 这个对他如此重要的人 |
[13:49] | isn’t going to be living here anymore. | 将不会和他一起住了 |
[13:51] | For nine years, | 九年啊 |
[13:53] | he’s felt the comfort of knowing you were here every night, | 知道你每天晚上都会在这儿他总是很安心 |
[13:57] | and making him his breakfast every morning, | 每天早上给他做早餐 |
[14:00] | and he’s come to depend on that. Now everything’s changed. | 而且他已经依赖你了 现在一切都要变了 |
[14:09] | Ah, would you look at that. | 啊 你看哪 |
[14:12] | He’s probably gonna get on my bed to pout. | 他肯定是要爬到我床上置气 |
[14:15] | – I think he’ll adjust. – Well, who knows? | – 他肯定会习惯的 – 谁知道呢 |
[14:19] | Old dogs get used to a certain routine. | 老狗都习惯老套路 |
[14:23] | And as tough as they might look, they get lonely. | 他们看起来再坚强 也会寂寞的 |
[14:27] | Well, I guess he’ll adjust eventually. | 他应该最终会习惯的 |
[14:31] | You know, maybe I haven’t been coming around enough lately. | 也许最近我来得太少了 |
[14:34] | Why don’t you and I make a regular appointment to walk him together? | 要不我俩每天一起去溜他吧 |
[14:37] | Oh, geez, that’d be great! | 噢 那太好了 |
[14:40] | I have to check with him, but he’s free most of the time. | 我会跟他说说 但他一般都有空 |
[14:43] | Why don’t we start tomorrow morning? | 不如我们明天早上开始吧 |
[14:46] | That way I can have breakfast with the old boy too. | 那样我还能跟老男孩一起吃早餐 |
[14:50] | He’d really like that. | 他会很开心的 |
[15:03] | Then, on Friday, it’ll be fish sticks with tater tots and a fruit cup. | 然后周五 会是鱼条配炸薯块和水果杯 |
[15:11] | That takes care of the St. Victoria’s Elementary lunch schedule | 这就是下个月圣维多利亚小学的 |
[15:14] | for the next month. | 所有午餐菜单 |
[15:17] | We’ll be back to tackle St. Victor’s, after this! | 广告后我们继续播报圣维克多小学 |
[15:22] | Holy buckets, what are you doing?! Take some calls! | 我勒个去 你在做什么 接电话啊 |
[15:27] | I’m not a shrink, I can’t tell people what to do! | 我又不是心理医生 我怎么知道让他们怎么做 |
[15:30] | Yeah, that always stops you women. | 是啊 这样你们女人就闭嘴了吗 |
[15:34] | Just rap about something, open up a discussion, you know? | 随便聊点什么呀 随便扯点啥 你明白的 |
[15:38] | – The station I.D.’s over, go! – Oh, OK! | – 电台名播完了 快上 – 噢 好吧 |
[15:41] | Hello again, everybody! | 欢迎回来 大家好啊 |
[15:43] | Well, we’re still waiting on Dr. Crane. | 嗯 我们还在等Crane医生 |
[15:46] | So, until he gets here, let’s hear what’s on your minds! | 在他回来前 我们先听听你们在想什么 |
[15:51] | You know the number. Give me a call. | 你们知道号码的 打过来吧 |
[15:56] | Hello, caller. You’re on the air. | 这位听众你好 你被接通了 |
[15:59] | Hi, Roz. This is Mark from Bainbridge, and I made a big mistake. | 嗨 Roz 我是来自班布里奇的Mark 我犯了个大错 |
[16:03] | Go on. | 继续 |
[16:08] | I slept with my boss. Now things at work are super uncomfortable. | 我跟我的老板睡了 现在上班总感觉很诡异 |
[16:12] | Well, Mark, I feel for you. I’ve been there myself. | Mark 我感同身受 我也这样过 |
[16:20] | What you ought to do is just talk it out with your boss. | 你只要跟你的老板说明白就行 |
[16:24] | – You went through this too? – Yeah. | – 你也这样过吗 – 是啊 |
[16:26] | And it was weird for a while, but now, things are just fine. | 一开始是有点诡异 但现在完全没问题了 |
[16:33] | Who else out there needs my advice? Let me hear your calls. | 还有谁需要我的建议 让我来听听你们的来电 |
[16:38] | You’re on the air. How can I solve your problem? | 你被接通了 需要我解决什么问题吗 |
[16:41] | Actually, I was calling about something else, | 其实 我本来打电话想问别的问题 |
[16:44] | but when you say, “now things are fine”, | 但你说”现在完全没问题了” |
[16:46] | – it sounds like you still work with this person. – What? | – 听起来像是你还在跟他一起工作 – 什么 |
[16:50] | No, no! | 不 不是 |
[16:53] | I worked with this person a long, long time ago. | 我是很久很久以前跟这个人一起工作 |
[16:57] | Then why’d you say “now”? | 那你为什么要说”现在” |
[17:00] | Because… I don’t speak so good? | 因为 我讲话讲不好 |
[17:06] | And, isn’t Dr. Crane your boss?? | 而且 Crane医生不就是你的老板吗 |
[17:09] | Well, no, I like to think of Frasier as a “colleague”. | 不 我只当Frasier是”同事” |
[17:12] | So now he’s “Frasier”! | 你又叫他”Frasier”了 |
[17:14] | No, uh… Yeah, I mean, it’s just that I… | 不 呃 我是说 那个 |
[17:17] | I think you did Frasier. | 我觉得你睡了Frasier |
[17:30] | Frasier, you are not a prisoner of your character. | Frasier 不要被你的个性禁锢 |
[17:33] | You can decide right now | 你现在就能决定 |
[17:34] | that you’re going to be the flexible one here. Pay the money, and go! | 做一个变通的人 付钱赶紧走人 |
[17:38] | – I could break my pattern. – Yes! | – 我可以打破我的常规 – 没错 |
[17:40] | I could just pay the money, | 我可以直接付钱 |
[17:43] | without proving to everyone that I’m right, | 不用向所有人证明我是对的 |
[17:45] | – without teaching them a lesson. – Exactly! You can do it! | – 也不用给他们上一课 – 没错 你一定行 |
[17:52] | Sir? | 先生 |
[17:55] | I’ll have you know, I am leaving, with time to spare. | 听着 我不到时间就要走了 |
[17:58] | Congratulations. | 祝贺你 |
[18:00] | Since you cannot understand the moral code for which I stayed here, | 既然你不能理解我留在这儿坚持的道德准则 |
[18:03] | I am sure you must be perplexed | 那你肯定不能理解 |
[18:05] | that I am leaving before the twenty minutes is up. | 我又要在20分钟不满的时候离开 |
[18:08] | Suffice it to say, I am the bigger man for it. | 一言以蔽之 我大度地放过你们 |
[18:13] | And you, and your nefarious policy may now carry on, | 而你 还有你那邪恶的规则就继续祸害别人吧 |
[18:17] | in what is highway robbery in the truest sense of the expression! | 这规则和拦路抢劫没两样 |
[18:24] | Here is your ticket, and… | 给你票 还有 |
[18:29] | …your ill-gotten two dollars. | 你不该得到的两刀 |
[18:34] | Four dollars. | 四刀 |
[18:38] | – Four dollars?! – You went over twenty minutes. | – 四刀 – 你超过20分钟了 |
[18:41] | It’s two dollars for each portion of twenty minutes. | 每20分钟两刀 |
[18:44] | But I already backed down! | 但我已经让步了 |
[18:45] | Well, if you had spared me the speech, | 你要是省了那段长篇大论 |
[18:47] | you would have made it out in time. | 你就不会超时了 |
[18:49] | Tough break, huh? | 有点倒霉 哈 |
[18:53] | Indeed… | 是啊 |
[18:59] | Hold on, Niles. | 坐稳了 Niles |
[19:09] | I can’t believe it! | 不敢相信 |
[19:11] | I mean, I always felt some chemistry between you and the doc, but… | 我是觉得你跟医生有点暧昧 |
[19:14] | Wowza! This can’t hurt ratings. | 哇塞 收听率应该不错吧 |
[19:17] | – Calm down, Kenny, it isn’t true! – Yeah, right. | – 冷静点 Kenny 那不是真的 – 嗯嗯 |
[19:22] | Hey, you didn’t do it here at the station, did you? | 嘿 你们不会是在台里做的吧 |
[19:24] | Of course not! | 当然没有 |
[19:25] | Hey, as long as it wasn’t on my couch, who gives? | 只要不在我的沙发上 谁管呢 |
[19:28] | Hey, the commercial’s over. | 嘿 广告结束了 |
[19:31] | And we’re back, with our new topic: Cats or Dogs, Which is Better? | 欢迎回来 现在聊到我们的新话题 猫和狗 哪种更好 |
[19:38] | Hello, caller, you’re on the air. | 这位听众你好 你被接通了 |
[19:40] | This is Jerry from Elliot Bay. | 我是艾略特湾的Jerry |
[19:42] | Which do you have, Jerry: cat or a dog? | Jerry 你养了只猫还是狗呢 |
[19:46] | Frasier, I am so sorry, I really screwed up! | Frasier 对不起 我搞砸了 |
[19:48] | It’s all right, Roz. I’ll take care of everything. | 没事儿 Roz 我会搞定的 |
[19:50] | I just want to know what’s going on with Dr. Crane. | 我只想知道Crane医生怎么样了 |
[19:52] | Yes, well. I’ll bet you do, Jerry! | Jerry 你肯定想知道的 |
[19:55] | Dr. Frasier Crane here, Seattle. I’m sorry I’m late. | 这里是Frasier Crane医生 西雅图 抱歉我来迟了 |
[19:58] | It sounds as if Roz has informed you of my exploits! | 听起来好像Roz已经告诉了你们我的丰功伟绩 |
[20:02] | She hasn’t said much, but we’d like to hear it from you. | 她没说太多 但我们想听听你的说法 |
[20:04] | Well, it wasn’t my finest hour. | 嗯 那时候我心情不好 |
[20:08] | Let’s just say that I got in there, realized I made a mistake, | 这样说吧 我到了那个地步 发现自己犯了错 |
[20:12] | and then tried like hell to get out! | 然后想尽一切办法要出来 |
[20:15] | Frasier Frasier! | |
[20:18] | There was a lot of shouting, | 有好多大喊大叫 |
[20:19] | and then a line started to form behind me. | 我身后还排了一条长队 |
[20:23] | Fortunately, my brother was with me for moral support, and, | 幸运的是 我弟弟给了我精神上的支持 |
[20:27] | well, let’s face it, somebody to talk to. | 行了 直说吧 让我有人可以倾诉 |
[20:32] | You know, you’d be amazed how long twenty minutes can be | 当你一直看着表的时候 |
[20:34] | when you’re watching the clock. | 你会惊讶20分钟怎么这么久 |
[20:37] | At least, in the end, | 至少最后 |
[20:39] | I got out of there without paying the four dollars! | 我没付那四刀就走了 |