时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:09] | Here we are. File A, slide sheet 1, image 1 | 找到啦 Frederick G Crane的 |
[00:13] | – of subject Frederick G. Crane. – Mom! | – 文件A 第一页 片段一 – 妈 |
[00:17] | Here you are, just an hour | 你看看 这是你刚从我的子宫里 |
[00:18] | after being wrestled from my grudging womb. | 挣脱出来一个小时的时候的录像 |
[00:22] | Gross! | 好恶心 |
[00:24] | You know, if you’d like there’s still time to include this | 你要是愿意的话可以把这个 |
[00:27] | – in your Bar Mitzvah video. – Thanks, | – 加进你的成人礼视频里 – 谢了 |
[00:29] | but I just want to get through this thing | 我只想不那么丢人现眼地 |
[00:31] | – with as little humiliation as possible. – Oh, look at this! | – 把这事赶快弄完 – 哦 快看这个 |
[00:35] | Your hospital cap. The very combed cotton that swaddled your little… | 你在医院里戴的帽子 整齐的棉花包裹着你小小的 |
[00:40] | …head. | 脑袋瓜 |
[00:43] | – Mum, are you okay? – Of course I am. | – 妈 你没事吧 – 当然没事 |
[00:47] | It’s only natural that there should be some emotional upheaval, | 我们之间即将到来的转变 |
[00:50] | caused by the impending shift in our relationship. | 引起情感起伏是再正常不过的了 |
[00:52] | I knew it would come, | 我知道这一天早晚要来的 |
[00:53] | I just wasn’t expecting such a roller coaster. | 只是没想到心情还是像坐了个过山车一样 |
[00:58] | All done. | 就这样吧 |
[01:00] | Is this your guest list? | 这是你的客人的名单吗 |
[01:03] | Oh, I didn’t realize you wanted to invite so many friends. | 哦 我不知道你还要邀请这么多朋友呐 |
[01:06] | I don’t even know some of these people. | 有些人我都不认识啊 |
[01:09] | And why are you inviting Jeremy Berman? | 你为什么要邀请Jeremy Berman |
[01:11] | I thought you told me he’s the biggest nerd in your class. | 我记得你跟我说他是班里最大的书呆子 |
[01:14] | He’s not so bad. | 他没那么差劲啦 |
[01:15] | Besides, the more people you invite, the more presents you get. | 你邀请越多的人 得到的礼物也越多啊 |
[01:20] | Frederick… A Bar Mitzvah is a rite of passage, | Frederick 成人礼是一个重要的仪式 |
[01:23] | not an opportunity for you to collect presents. | 不是一个让你来收礼物的机会 |
[01:26] | I’m sorry. You’re right. I’ll try to trim it down. | 对不起 你说得对 我会删减一下这个名单的 |
[01:32] | – Hey, Doc! – Kenny. | – 嘿 医生 – Kenny |
[01:33] | I can’t tell you how touched | Freddie邀请我去他的成人礼 |
[01:34] | I am that Freddie invited me to his Bar Mitzvah. | 我真是太感动了 |
[01:37] | – He did? – Yeah! What a great kid! | – 是吗 – 是啊 多好的孩子啊 |
[01:40] | – That’s your son, right? – Yes. | – 他是你儿子 是吧 – 对 |
[01:43] | – I wasn’t aware that you two had met. – We haven’t. | – 我不知道你们俩还见过呢 – 没见过啊 |
[01:46] | Eh, I guess he’s probably heard his share of Kenny stories. | 我猜他是听过Kenny的传奇经历吧 |
[01:50] | – Yeah. From whom? – You sly kidder. | – 从哪听来的啊 – 别装傻了 |
[01:54] | It sounds like a hoot, but if I don’t find someone | 听起来很好玩 但是我要是找不到人 |
[01:57] | to drive with me to Boston and share a tent on the way, | 捎我去波士顿 和我在路上将就一晚上的话 |
[01:59] | I probably won’t be able to afford to go. | 我可能负担不起去的费用啊 |
[02:03] | Fun drive, I bet. | 路上肯定很好玩啊 |
[02:06] | I guess I can just send him something. | 我还是送他点什么礼物吧 |
[02:07] | I think he’d like that. Thanks, Kenny. | 他肯定会喜欢的 谢了 Kenny. |
[02:10] | Hey, Dr. Crane! Mazel Tov! | 嘿 Crane医生 祝你好运哦 |
[02:20] | – Hey, Frasier. – Hey, Roz. | – 嘿 Fraiser – 嘿 Roz |
[02:21] | Freddie’s so sweet. He sent me an invitation to his Bar Mitzvah. | Freddie好贴心啊 他给我发了他成人礼的邀请函 |
[02:26] | Yes, apparently the people of | 是啊 显然整个华盛顿州的人民 |
[02:27] | Washington State have made quite an impression on him. | 都给他留下了深刻印象啊 |
[02:31] | Can you believe Freddie is thirteen years old already? | 你能相信Freddie已经十三岁了吗 |
[02:37] | I can hardly think about it without choking up. | 我每次想起的时候都忍不住哽咽 |
[02:40] | This is my son, Roz. | 这是我儿子啊 Roz |
[02:43] | The little bald candy man that | 这个没毛小甜心 |
[02:44] | used to fit right here in the crook of my arm. | 以前就是这样躺在我胳膊肘里的 |
[02:48] | “Little bald candy man.” That’s adorable. | “没毛小甜心” 好可爱啊 |
[02:53] | I had a boyfriend who called hi… | 我以前有个男朋友叫他的 |
[03:04] | Is it weird to have a son brought | 自己的儿子跟自己信仰不同 |
[03:05] | – up in a different religion from yours? – Not at all, Roz. | – 是不是一件很怪的事啊 – 一点也不啊 Roz |
[03:09] | It’s a faith that espouses love, | 这个信仰推崇爱 |
[03:11] | compassion, duty, education, and art. | 同情心 责任感 教育与艺术 |
[03:14] | All values which I cherish. | 全部是我真爱的啊 |
[03:15] | And though I have played a relatively small role in his spiritual development, | 虽说我在他的心智发育没有给予太多帮助 |
[03:19] | he has honored me by asking that I say a few words. | 他还是邀请我在成人礼上发言 |
[03:22] | And in the spirit of the occasion, | 所以为了符合这次活动的精神 |
[03:24] | – I’m going to try to learn it in Hebrew. – Hi, Dr. Crane! | – 我决定用希伯来语发言 – 嘿 Crane医生 |
[03:27] | – Hi, Noel. – Hello, Roz. | – 嘿 Noel – 你好 Roz |
[03:29] | You’ve never worn that sweater on a Tuesday before. | 之前你从来没有在周二的时候穿过这件毛衣 |
[03:34] | I’ve asked you to take your hands out of your pockets when you talk to me. | 我跟你说过跟我说话的时候把手从裤兜里拿出来 |
[03:43] | – So, I don’t think I can make the Bar Mitzvah. – Great. | – 成人礼我去不了了 – 太好了 |
[03:47] | I mean that sarcastically, of course, | 我当然是在说反话啦 |
[03:50] | Noel. Great! You’re not coming, terrific! | Noel 太好了 你不来了 不是吧 |
[03:53] | Yeah, sorry. Did I overhear you say you want to learn Hebrew? | 抱歉 我好像不小心听到你说你要学希伯来语 |
[03:57] | Not learn it, I’m saving that pleasure for retirement. | 不是学 我会留到退休后再学的 |
[04:01] | But I have composed a speech and I… | 但是我在构思一篇演讲稿 我 |
[04:03] | I’d like to say it in Hebrew. | 我想要用希伯来语完成 |
[04:04] | Well, I can translate and teach you how to say it if you want. | 如果你愿意的话 我可以帮忙翻译再教你说啊 |
[04:07] | You can, really? | 你懂希伯来语 真的吗 |
[04:08] | – Oh, Noel, thank you! – Of course, | – 哦 Noel 谢谢你 – 没事啦 |
[04:11] | I’ll expect a little something quid pro quo. | 我就是有个小小的条件 |
[04:14] | Certainly, whatever you’d like. | 好说好说 你想要啥都行 |
[04:15] | Great! The Seattle Star Trek is this weekend, | 太好啦 这周末西雅图<星际迷航>见面会 |
[04:18] | and all the Enterprise captains are making an appearance. | 企业号的各位船长都会出席 |
[04:21] | I need Scott bakula’s autograph to make my collection complete. | 我需要Scott Bakula的签名 来完善我的收藏 |
[04:25] | – Noel, isn’t this something you could do yourself? – I would, | – Noel 你不能自己去吗 – 我想去啊 |
[04:29] | …but William Shatner’s restraining order against me is still in effect. | 但是William Shatner对我的禁令现在还没取消呢 |
[04:33] | It’s so stupid. It wasn’t even a real phaser. | 太蠢了 那又不是真的光炮 |
[04:39] | Noel, don’t you have any friends that could do this for you? | Noel 你就没有别的朋友能帮你了吗 |
[04:43] | Trust me, there are no friends in the world | 信我的 在<星际迷航>的签名的世界里 |
[04:45] | of Star Trek autography. | 是没有朋友这个概念的 |
[04:48] | I see. | 我知道了 |
[04:49] | – Well, then, consider it done. – Well, thank you so much! | – 包在我身上了 – 太谢谢你啦 |
[04:54] | Now, be sure to keep it in this acid-free covering until the actual signing, | 在签名之前 把它保存在这个无酸封套里 |
[05:00] | and if you must handle it, use these cotton gloves. | 要是你得递过去的话 记得戴这个手套 |
[05:07] | – Okay. – You’ll be the hit of the Bar Mitzvah, I promise. | – 好的 – 你肯定是成人礼上的亮点 我保证 |
[05:11] | And don’t be surprised if you get caught up | 不过你要是在见面会上 |
[05:12] | in the fun of the convention, too. | 玩得很开心也别惊讶 |
[05:14] | – Yeah, I’ll try to pace myself. – Thanks again, Dr. Crane. | – 好的 我会尽量克制的 – 再次感谢 Crane医生 |
[05:18] | – Noel! How did you know I would do it? – What do you mean? | – Noel 你怎么知道我会帮你呢 – 什么意思 |
[05:23] | Well, you must have known I would do this for you, | 你肯定是知道我会帮你的 |
[05:25] | or you wouldn’t be carrying around | 不然你也不会一直装着 |
[05:26] | a picture of Scott Bakula, right? | Scott Bakula的照片 对不对 |
[05:28] | Right. | 对啊 |
[05:37] | Hey, Niles, think fast! | 嘿 Nile 快问快答 |
[05:42] | – Dad! – What is that? | – 爸 – 那是什么啊 |
[05:44] | My good old Scheerblad-7X-K. | 我的宝贝古董 Scheerblad-7X-K |
[05:48] | The blindingest, noisiest, | 前苏联制造的 |
[05:49] | fifteen-pound camera ever produced in the former Soviet Union! | 最致盲的 最响的 十五磅重的相机 |
[05:53] | Can you believe it? Somehow it got buried deep down in storage. | 你能想到吗 它在储藏室最深处 |
[05:57] | But, Eddie and I found it just in time for the Bar Mitzvah. | 但是 Eddie和我刚好在成人礼之前找到了它 |
[06:01] | What smells like burning plastic? | 为什么闻起来像塑料烧焦了 |
[06:02] | Oh, that means the flash unit’s working. | 哦 那是说明闪光灯好使了 |
[06:05] | I thought the retina-scorching | 我还以为刚才那个亮瞎眼的闪光 |
[06:06] | flash meant that the flash unit was working. | 才表示闪光灯好使呢 |
[06:09] | – Not always. – I still remember the night of my junior prom. | – 不一定啊 – 我还记得我的初中毕业舞会 |
[06:15] | Dad wanted to get a nice close-up of me and Margaret Coover. | 老爸想给我和Margaret Coover拍个像样的特写 |
[06:18] | Unfortunately he got a ittle too close | 不幸的是他离得太近了 |
[06:20] | land the heat from the flash | 闪光灯的热量把Margaret项链上镀金 |
[06:21] | seared the gold plating off Margaret’s necklace onto her skin. | 烧化了 于是都粘到了她脖子上 |
[06:26] | You never mentioned Margaret Coover before. | 你之前从来没提过Margaret Coover |
[06:28] | I didn’t? Margaret Coover. Petite, brunette, gilded. | 没提过吗 Margaret Coover 瘦小 金发 有钱 |
[06:43] | Dear God, the old flash-and-wind! | 我的老天爷啊 那个老古董相机 |
[06:46] | Yes. Dad found it. | 没错 老爸把它翻出来了 |
[06:47] | Yeah, good thing, too. Hasn’t failed me yet. | 是啊 多好的东西 从没让我失望过 |
[06:51] | Oh, except for that one Thanksgiving, | 哦 除了那次感恩节 |
[06:54] | when the flash washed Lilith out so bad, | 闪光灯亮的导致Lilith整个人都消失了 |
[06:56] | all you could see were her hair and eyes. | 只能看到她的头发和眼睛 |
[06:58] | That wasn’t the camera’s fault, Dad. That bloodless skin | 那不是相机的毛病 爸 那种没有血色的皮肤 |
[07:01] | has confounded even the most experienced photographer. | 就算是最牛的摄影师也没招 |
[07:04] | Hey, Daph, do you know where the tripod is? | 嘿 Daph 你知道三脚架在哪里吗 |
[07:06] | I might need it for group shots. | 我可能找全家福的时候要用到 |
[07:07] | Yeah, I think it’s in the back of your closet. | 知道 在你柜子里吧 |
[07:09] | Come on, I’ll help you look for it. | 来 我帮你找 |
[07:18] | – Sherry, Frasier? – Please, Niles. | – 来点雪莉酒 Frasier – 好的 Niles |
[07:19] | I have good news. | 我有个好消息 |
[07:21] | I have two tickets to the Udo Fritzenheim show at the museum tomorrow, | 我有两张Udo Fritzenheim在博物馆演出的票 |
[07:25] | not to mention an invitation | 之后还可以跟艺术家们 |
[07:26] | for lunch with the artist afterwards. | 共进午餐 |
[07:29] | Oh, are you serious, Niles? | 哦 是吗 Niles |
[07:31] | Lunch with a Dada master! Oh, I’d love to come! | 跟达达主义的大师共进午餐 我想去 |
[07:36] | But I can’t. I have other plans. | 但是我不能去啊 我还有别的事 |
[07:38] | I promised Noel Shempsky | 我答应Noel Shempsky |
[07:40] | I’d do a favor for him and I’ve got to remain true to my word. | 帮他一个忙 我得遵守诺言才行 |
[07:43] | Although perhaps I could go to the show, | 不过我也可以去看演出 |
[07:46] | leave the luncheon early and still fulfill my commitment. | 午餐的时候早点走 这样还是能履行诺言的 |
[07:49] | – Oh yes, of course you could. – Yeah, you’re right, Niles. | – 是啊 可以诶 – 对 你说得对 Niles |
[07:56] | You know, it was at a Fritzenheim show in Boston | 就是在波士顿的Fritzenheim演出上 |
[08:00] | where Freddie first said the word “Dada.” | Freddie第一次说”达达”这个词 |
[08:04] | I remember swelling with pride | 我记得我骄傲地想 |
[08:05] | thinking that perhaps he was an art history savant, | 他也许会成为一个艺术史学家 |
[08:09] | but of course Lilith deflated my enthusiasm | 不过当然了 Lilith打击了我的热情 |
[08:12] | by pointing out that he was probably just referring to me. | 指出他只不过可能是想叫我而已 |
[08:16] | Hey, Fras, good news, found the tripod. | 嘿 Fras 好消息 找到三脚架了 |
[08:18] | Oh, splendid. | 哦 太棒了 |
[08:23] | – It’s tough to watch your kids grow up. – Well, he’s… | – 看到你儿子一点点长大心情很复杂吧 – 嗯 他 |
[08:27] | …still just a boy. He’s only thirteen. | 还是个小男孩 才13岁 |
[08:31] | It goes fast. | 以后会越来越快的 |
[08:34] | How’s Lilith taking it? | Lilith怎么想的 |
[08:35] | Well, I suppose it’s a bittersweet experience for her. I can’t really say for sure. | 痛并快乐着吧 我也不能肯定 |
[08:41] | You know, she’s always been rather guarded with her emotions. | 她总是克制着自己的感情 |
[08:44] | Not always, Frasier. | 也不是一直 Frasier |
[08:45] | I’ve seen her get quite emotional. | 我见过她很情绪化的时候 |
[08:49] | I’m sure you have, Mr. Been-There-Done-That. | 我知道你肯定见过 都是你干的好事先生 |
[08:56] | What does that mean? | 这是什么意思 |
[09:00] | – Nothing. – Nothing. | – 没什么意思 – 没什么意思 |
[09:05] | What are you hiding? | 你在隐瞒什么啊 |
[09:13] | some years ago… | 几年前 |
[09:18] | – In a complete drunken stupor… – Totally stinko… | – 在一个完全醉酒不省人事的 – 烂醉如泥 |
[09:23] | Yes… I had an unplanned, uh, and instantly regretted, uh, | 我有一次完全计划之外的 瞬间就后悔了的 |
[09:28] | night of amore… | 对Lilith的 |
[09:34] | …with Lilith. | 一晚上的爱慕 |
[09:35] | – A one-nighter? – Of amore. | – 一夜情 – 爱慕 |
[09:41] | Lilith Lilith?! | |
[09:42] | Well, it was after Maris, and long before you. | 我当时和Maris分手 跟你开始好久之前 |
[09:46] | In fact, it’s pretty funny when you think about it. | 事实是 现在想想还有点好笑 |
[09:51] | – And remember, I was drunk. – You’d have to be, wouldn’t you? | – 别忘了 我当时喝醉了 – 你比较想喝醉吧你 |
[09:56] | – Oh, sorry, Frasier. – Oh no, no. | – 哦 对不起 Frasier – 啊 没事 没事 |
[09:59] | Drinking definitely took the edge off. | 喝酒确实能打消一些顾虑 |
[10:04] | And when were you planning on | 那你们打算什么时候 |
[10:05] | sharing this interesting bit of information with me? | 跟我分享一下这个小趣闻呢 |
[10:08] | Soon… very soon… | 很快 马上了 |
[10:11] | …Never. | 永远不说 |
[10:15] | Well… what’s done is done. | 木已成舟 |
[10:18] | I suppose we’ve all had our romantic missteps. | 我猜我们都犯过这种意乱情迷的错误吧 |
[10:22] | But just to be clear: | 不过我想问清楚一点 |
[10:23] | are there any more secret sweethearts who I see on a regular basis? | 还有我能见到的秘密情人吗 |
[10:27] | No. Nobody. | 没有了 没了 |
[10:29] | Nobody? …Nobody! | 没了吧 没了 |
[10:33] | I certainly wouldn’t count | 我觉得自然历史博物馆的Anamari Hanratty |
[10:34] | Anamari Hanratty at the Natural History Museum. | 肯定不能算了 |
[10:39] | Frasier Frasier? | |
[10:41] | I said I wouldn’t count her. | 我说我觉得她不算 |
[10:43] | I mean, they just made out. | 我是说 他们俩只是亲吻而已 |
[10:49] | It was for charity! But it doesn’t really matter, | 是为了做慈善 不过无所谓啦 |
[10:52] | I mean, the woman makes out with everyone. | 那个女人跟谁都会接吻啊 |
[10:55] | You see, she’s not really the kind of person that you’d… | 她不是那种 |
[11:05] | – Hi, Dr. Crane. – Hi, Noel. | – 嘿 Crane医生 – 嘿 Noel |
[11:07] | Are you ready for “Yeshiva” Tomorrow? That means “School.” | 准备好明天的Yeshiva了吗 这词意思是学校 |
[11:10] | Yes indeed, I am, I’m looking forward to it. | 准备好了 准备好了 我很期待呢 |
[11:11] | Uh, listen, Noel, I’m afraid I have some bad news about the, | Noel 我恐怕有个坏消息要告诉你 |
[11:16] | uh, science fiction convention. | 是科幻小说见面会的事情 |
[11:18] | Uh-oh! | 啊哦 |
[11:19] | Long story short, you see, I attended an art opening | 长话短说 我周六去参加了一个 |
[11:21] | and a luncheon on Saturday, | 艺术展览开幕式以及午餐宴会 |
[11:23] | and even though I left the luncheon early, | 虽然我提前离开了午餐会 |
[11:24] | the traffic on the way to the convention was just awful | 但是去见面会的路上交通状况特别差 |
[11:26] | and by the time I got there, | 所以我到了那里的时候 |
[11:28] | Mr. Bakula and all the others had gone. | Bakula先生和其他人都已经走了 |
[11:30] | No…! | 不是吧 |
[11:33] | You made a promise and you welshed on it! | 你答应了我的 然后你却食言了 |
[11:37] | Why’d you do it, Dr. Crane? | 你为什么要这样做 Crane医生 |
[11:40] | It’s not really such a big deal is it, | 这个 其实也不是多大的事吧 是不是 |
[11:42] | – Noel? – It’s a HUGE deal! | – Noel – 这是天大的事 |
[11:44] | Who knows when I’ll get to see Scott Bakula again? | 谁知道我下次能见到Scott Bakula是什么时候啊 |
[11:47] | I’ll be the laughingstock of my clan! | 我会成为我的部落的笑柄的 |
[11:48] | Noel, try to remem… clan? | Noel 别忘了 部落 |
[11:52] | No, never mind, never mind! Noel… | 算了 没事 没事 Noel |
[11:55] | …surely you realize that “Star Trek” Is just a TV show. | 你知道<星际迷航>只是一部电视剧吧 |
[12:00] | So was “Brideshead Revisited”! | <故园风雨后>也是啊 |
[12:03] | You’re angry, | 你在气头上呢 |
[12:06] | so I’m going to ignore that. | 我就不跟你计较这了 |
[12:09] | But with all due respect, Noel, | 不过恕我直言 Noel |
[12:11] | perhaps weaning yourself off science fiction | 让自己从科幻小说里脱离出来 |
[12:14] | might be the first step toward achieving a genuine, | 也许是你朝着真正的 充满意义的 |
[12:17] | meaningful, grownup person’s life! | 成熟起来了的生活的第一步 |
[12:23] | Just a friendly suggestion. | 一个友善的建议 |
[12:26] | You’re right. | 你说得对 |
[12:28] | You did your best and that’s good enough for me. | 你尽力了 已经对我很够意思了 |
[12:32] | Thank you, Noel. | 谢谢你 Noel |
[12:33] | – So, you’ll still be my tutor? – Sure. | – 你还是会帮我的对吗 – 当然了 |
[12:37] | Good man. Thank you. I’ll see you tomorrow. | 真是个好人 谢谢你 那我们明天见 |
[12:41] | Oh, yes, you will see me tomorrow. | 没错 你明天肯定会见到我的 |
[12:46] | And by the rings of Septaurus Five, you will pay, Dr. Crane. | 借助五环的力量 你会付出代价的 Crane医生 |
[12:52] | You… Oh hi, Kenny! …will pay! | 你 嘿 Kenny 会付出代价 |
[13:00] | Okay, Eddie, hit the “Talk” Button. | 好了 Eddie 按录音键 |
[13:04] | You’re listening to “The Best of Crane” On KACL. | 您正在收听的是KACL台<最好的Crane>节目 |
[13:06] | We’ll be back after these messages. | 广告之后很快回来 |
[13:12] | Well, well. The fox and the hound working together. | 哎呦 哎呦 狐狸和猎犬合作了啊 |
[13:16] | How ironic. | 真讽刺 |
[13:17] | I’m just taking care of him until | 我只是在Frasier从波士顿回来之前 |
[13:18] | Frasier gets back from Boston. | 替他照顾狗一下而已 |
[13:20] | – By the way, he left you something. – He did? – Yeah. | – 他给你留了点东西 – 是吗 – 对啊 |
[13:32] | Wow. A wig? That’s cruel even for Frasier. | 哇 一个假发 就算是Frasier送的这也有点残忍吧 |
[13:38] | Cruel? | 残忍 |
[13:40] | It’s only the wig Joan Collins wore in Star Trek #28, | 这是Joan Collins在<星际迷航>28集里面戴过的 |
[13:44] | “City on the Edge of Forever.” | “永恒边缘之城” |
[13:45] | It’s probably still got her DNA in it. | 没准这假发里面还有她的DNA呢 |
[13:49] | “Dear Noel. I hope this begins | “亲爱的Noel 我希望这个礼物可以 |
[13:51] | to repay you for your great kindness to me, | 回报你对我的帮助 |
[13:54] | especially in light of my negligence. | 尤其是对我之前的过失的原谅 |
[13:56] | Your friend, Frasier Crane.” | 你的朋友 Frasier Crane” |
[14:00] | He called me “Friend”? | 他叫我”朋友” |
[14:02] | That’s really sweet of him. | 他也太好了吧 |
[14:05] | I’ve got to call him before he delivers his speech. | 我得在他演讲之前给他打个电话 |
[14:09] | You taught him dirty words in Hebrew, didn’t you? | 你是不是教他希伯来语的骂人话了 |
[14:11] | Uh, not quite. They’re the same words, but they’re in Klingon. | 不 我教了他克林贡语 |
[14:17] | From Star Trek? That’s not even real. | <星际迷航>里的那个 那都不是真的语言啊 |
[14:20] | It’s the fastest growing language on the planet! | 它是星球上发展最快的语言 |
[14:24] | This is what you people don’t understand. | 这是你们人类无法理解的 |
[14:27] | A man named Gene Roddenberry had a vision… | 一个叫Gene Roddenberry的人预言过 |
[14:30] | CALL HIM! | 给他打电话 |
[14:52] | That was a beautiful passage, and a wonderful reading. | 仪式进行得非常棒 诵经也非常出色 |
[14:56] | You honor us all by including… | 你通过邀请我们 |
[15:07] | You honor us all by including us in this important occasion, | 共同见证这个重要时刻来表达尊敬 |
[15:11] | but you have chosen to especially honor your parents, | 不过你尤其尊敬你的父母 |
[15:15] | Lilith and Frasier, by asking them to conclude this ceremony. | Lilith和Frasier 进而让他们参与进来 |
[15:19] | Lilith Lilith? | |
[15:27] | Thank you. I… | 谢谢 我 |
[15:33] | Excuse me, would the photographer please refrain from taking | 抱歉 能否请摄影师 |
[15:37] | any more pictures until after the ceremony is over? | 在仪式结束后拍照 |
[15:40] | Sorry, Rabbi. | 抱歉 拉比 |
[15:43] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[15:45] | I am very proud to participate | 我非常荣幸能够参与到我儿子 |
[15:47] | in the coming-of-age ritual of my son, frederick Gaylord Crane. | Frederick Gaylord Crane的成人礼 |
[15:58] | Frederick, on this momentous occasion, | Frederick 在这个充满纪念意义的仪式上 |
[16:02] | I can only look at you | 我看着你 仿佛看到的还是那个 |
[16:03] | and see that innocent, chubby-legged toddler | 天真无邪的小粗腿宝宝 |
[16:07] | who once danced naked at the Boston Pops… | 在波士顿交响乐团演出的时候光屁股跳舞 |
[16:12] | the little boy whose favorite meal was “Buh-sghetti.” | 看到的是那个最喜欢吃细大利面条 |
[16:18] | I can’t count the number of bedtimes we spent cuddled together | 我数不清有多少次我们在被窝里 |
[16:21] | reading The Cat in the Hat. | 分享<戴帽子的猫>的故事 |
[16:26] | “The sun did not shine. It was too wet to play, | “太阳还没探出头来 潮湿的天气无法玩耍 |
[16:31] | so we sat in the house on that cold, cold wet day.” | 我们只好坐在屋子里度过这冷冷的一天” |
[16:39] | Don’t grow up! Not yet! | 求你别长大 还没到时候呢 |
[16:42] | Nice girlfriend you’ve got there. | 你这个女朋友真是不错啊 |
[16:48] | If you’re trying to embarrass me, it’s not going to work. | 你想羞辱我是不可能的 |
[16:51] | Come here, Daddy’s little peanut man. | 过来 爸爸的乖宝宝 |
[16:58] | It’s gonna be all right. | 没事的 没事的 |
[16:59] | We will conclude with a blessing from Frederick’s father, Frasier, | 接下来有请Frederick的父亲Frasier来诵读祝词 |
[17:03] | who, though not of our faith, | 虽然他拥有不同于我们的信仰 |
[17:05] | has chosen to follow his son’s fine example and deliver it in Hebrew | 但是仍然支持他儿子的选择 用希伯来语致辞 |
[17:09] | – Thank you, I’ll keep this short. – Thanks, Dad. | – 谢谢 我会言简意赅的 – 谢谢 爸 |
[17:56] | Oh, that was lovely. | 哦 说的真是太好了 |
[18:00] | – What was that gobbledygook? – Well, | – 你这照本宣科些什么啊 – 嗯 |
[18:02] | it’s-it’s a blessing for my son, “Pookh Lod Wih Le Koo.” | 给我儿子的祝词啊 “我最亲爱的儿子” |
[18:07] | – That means nothing. It’s gibberish. – What? | – 根本不通啊 完全是胡言乱语 – 什么 |
[18:11] | That’s not gibberish. It’s Klingon. | 他说的不是胡言乱语 是克林贡语 |
[18:16] | – What? – Oh, dear God! | – 什么 – 老天爷啊 |
[18:20] | Freddie’s Dad just blessed him in Klingon. | Freddie的爸爸刚用克林贡语对他表达了祝福 |
[18:24] | I’m terribly sorry. | 我真是太抱歉了 |
[18:26] | I… I… will you excuse me, please? | 我 我 对不起我先失陪了 |
[18:32] | Okay, everybody. It’s better to end with laughter than tears. | 好了 各位 在笑声中结束总是好过哭泣 |
[18:37] | I don’t know how they say it in outer space, but here we say… | 我不知道他们在外太空如何表达 但在这里我会说 |
[18:42] | …ahava and shalom… | 爱与和平 |
[18:46] | …Love and Peace. | 爱与和平 |
[18:50] | Dinner will be served in the multi-purpose room in 20 minutes. | 晚餐20分钟后在多功能厅进行 |
[19:00] | Hey that was awesome, “Gaylord”. | 嘿 你表现的不错哦 基佬之王 |
[19:03] | – Shut up, Berman. – Seriously, | – 闭嘴 Berman – 不过说真的 |
[19:06] | your dad’s Klingon is really good. | 你爸的克林贡语说的可真不错 |
[19:09] | – What did he say? – Well, roughly translated… | – 他说的是什么啊 – 我大概翻译了一下 |
[19:12] | it says, “My dearest son, | 说的是 “我最亲爱的儿子 |
[19:16] | each day you redeem me. | 你所经历的每一天都是对我的救赎 |
[19:18] | May your journey be filled with the same joy, | 愿你的旅程充满同样的欢愉 |
[19:21] | wisdom, and purpose you have given mine.” | 智慧 以及你给予我的信念” |
[19:26] | It’s a lot more beautiful in the original Klingon, | 用克林贡语说出来更加优美 |
[19:30] | but it’s still really cool. | 不过英语也很酷啦 |
[19:33] | Which one of us do you suppose humiliated him more? | 你觉得咱俩谁更给他丢脸 |
[19:36] | Oh, I think I did. | 嗯 我觉得是我 |
[19:38] | I’ve been trying to console myself with the idea | 我试着用安慰自己说 没有令人尴尬的爸妈 |
[19:41] | that without embarrassing parents, there’d be no psychology. | 哪还需要心理医生啊 |
[19:45] | Poor kid. | 可怜的孩子 |
[19:47] | Actually, today he is a man. | 其实 从今天起 他就是个男人了 |
[19:52] | He is, isn’t he? | 是啊 他是个男人了 不是吗 |
[19:53] | Mazel tov. You must be very proud… | 恭喜 你们肯定非常骄傲 |
[19:58] | of your son, not yourselves. | 我是说对你们的儿子 不是你们自己 |
[20:02] | We are, thank you, Rabbi. | 确实 谢谢你 拉比 |
[20:04] | Frederick, uh, listen, I- I’m- I want to apologize. | Frederick 嗯 听我说 我 我想要跟你道歉 |
[20:07] | Uh, there was this guy at the radio station. | 我台里面有个同事 |
[20:09] | He was going to teach me Hebrew… | 他本来是要教我说希伯来语的 |
[20:10] | You don’t have to explain it, Dad. | 你不用解释的 老爸 |
[20:12] | Really? I just wanted to tell you how sorry I am. | 真的吗 我只是想告诉你我真的特别抱歉 |
[20:17] | Berman translated your speech for me. It was pretty good. | Berman给我翻译了你的演讲 非常棒 |
[20:21] | – So you liked it? – Yeah. | – 你喜欢我的演讲吗 – 喜欢 |
[20:23] | I don’t want to get all mushy or anything, I’m a little old | 我不想表现得太多愁善感 我有点 |
[20:25] | for that now, but… you know. | 过了那个年龄了 不过 你懂的 |
[20:30] | Yeah, I know. | 嗯 我懂 |
[20:34] | Can you forgive me? | 你能原谅我吗 |
[20:36] | Yeah, for everything but naming me “Gaylord.” | 当然 除了给我起名叫”基佬之王” |
[20:43] | That was lovely. | 多好 |
[20:49] | – Hey everybody, look this way! – Oh, no, no…! | – 大家伙 看这边 – 别别别 |